Speaker 1: Yeah, gooday, thanks all listening in today. Thanks to Milsey and Carl for not only today but for this week's entertainment. Thanks to his crew as well, the hard working Larsy, Trace, Rob and the team and said we are here until one o'clock today. If you'd like to phone in, you can one double three A doty two is their phone number. The text line zero four eight seven triple nine ay two. I'll have a yes no question for you. In just a moment, I can tell you that another council, another inner city Perth council, will today stop hiring out higher scooters. And I'll tell you what council. In just a moment you might be able to guess they are working in lockstep with the City of Perth. We brought you the news yesterday that the scooters, the new new Neuron, Neuron Orange scooters and the Being Purple scooters were being picked up by the scooter companies yesterday. It's all done and dusted, that has happened, and another inner city council will fall in lockstep with them in just a moment. Such is the concern about the rules and the compliance around higher scooters. There is a broader call that's canceled private scooters more broadly, and we'll have a chat about that a little bit later on in the program. Also on the show today, Chris Murphy will be in after midday, A great way to finish the week. If you haven't heard it before, Murph's Magical Mystery Tour is your weekend preamble. He'll be in. One of Perth's favorite dietitians, Julie Meek is the dietitian for the Soccer Use and she has a pretty close relationship with Aziz Baits, who scored the winning goal last night. So she'll join us a little bit later on the Socceru's secret weapon? Is it a Perth dietitian? Cole Blanche, the wo Police Commissioner, candn't join us in just a moment. We'll talk to Cole in just a sect plenty to talk about with Commissioner Blanche, they are ramping up the crackdown on scooters in the city on the weekend, the private scooters, the black ones. Cole Blanche will tell us where and why and what they'll be looking for. But thanks for listening in today. So the news came to hand last night. I reckon during Olie's program during Perth Life that the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship was being knocked back by the Combat Sports Commission. So here's our yes no question today.
Speaker 2: Right, let's clear this up once.
Speaker 3: And for all.
Speaker 1: Yes or no? Yes or no? Would you like to know why the Combat Sports Commission knocked back the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship? Yes or no? I would like to know. I mean yes. The Combat Sports Commission is a public body. Its taxpayer funded. It sits in a taxpayer funded building. They have not backed the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships at the eleventh hour, so tickets have been on sale. It is. It was to be going ahead. They've already been selling tickets. You've heard, You've heard all the promotions. We know it's the nineteenth July, but it's been knocked back. Should the Combat Sports Commission tell us the public the taxpayers, why they knocked it back? I reckon they should. Should they tell us why? Is it in the public interest to know? Why? Was it regarded as too brutal? Were the competitors not up to scratch or of dubs character? Was it the public backlash? Do you think the Combat Sports Commissioner got a tap on the shoulder from a politician like potentially Rita or Roger. I don't know that that has happened, but I know they have been meet They did meet with Rita Safioti, the Sports Minister. So it's a nine man sports commission including a policeman or a policewoman and a doctor. Or do you not care? Are you a no? It's been not back. I don't care. I never really cared in the first place. So we have calls in, folks, our little hard working team here at Perth today have got calls in. We've asked for the chair Bob Kachira, he's a no. We've asked for Anthony Grover, he's the executive director. He's a no. And Rita and Roger are not available either. I would like to know why it was not back. I think it's in the public interest. What do you reckon? One double three eighty two. Let's go back. This started probably a month ago when Jamie Burnett revealed on the weekend show on six purs Weekends that the legislation had been changed. The regulations had changed by the outgoing Sports Minister, David Templeman, and so it went from there. There was a rumor to the rumor file as well. We knew it was coming. I have always said it was done by stealth, that it was always going to happen. Yesterday, the Combat Sports Commission knocked it back in chronological order. Here's the history of the discussion on the bare knuckle fighting.
Speaker 4: There is discussion about holding an event here. It needs to be signed off by the Combat Sports Commission, and it's front of the Combat Sports Commission at the moment, but Tourism is not providing any funding to it. I'll be getting a briefing from the Commission in upcoming weeks, so that'll be.
Speaker 5: Part of the discussion.
Speaker 1: This looks like a street fight out the back of a pump.
Speaker 6: That's what it.
Speaker 7: Looks like, and that's what we will see replicated, and that's what we do see replicated.
Speaker 3: So to put that under lights.
Speaker 1: On a stage is really just setting the wrong example for our society.
Speaker 4: I can't stop things just because I don't like them. That's why we have a Combat Sports Commission to provide advice. Now, this is, as I said, not everyone's cup of teeth. There's a process.
Speaker 8: It involves two men or two women with no padding and no protection in a ring, punching each other in the head with their bare apples until one of them can no longer continue and there is just no place for it.
Speaker 4: The Commission checks all of the potential boxes and fighters. They go through assessments and that's what they're therefore, so if they will have to go through and assess whether the particular boxer or fighter should be.
Speaker 1: On the card, all right, so to get the Sports Minister absolute due there She said that right from the start it is a process. They've come up at the eleventh hour, probably around just before Olie finished up last night I think, and said that it's not going ahead, but they won't talk about it today. They won't talk about it today. Would you like to know that yes is a ten and the nose are two. Thanks for your thoughts, Thanks for your corresponds. No move on this one here, says Steve, and I would like to know, and I'm very glad that it has been canceled. Cheers Steve and Tony. By Tony. No, I don't need to know. I know why they couldn't have a little public pressure years Tony. Thank you. Yes, absolutely, this is from BEV. Enjoy your show. Thanks BEV. Enjoy let your listening. Absolutely, the public of Wa should be allowed to know why the bn Apple fighting has not been allowed. Too many reasons why. I think this straight off the bat says, yes, is Brendan and also you spoke to us is Bach on Monday and then he scores his first international goal in thirteen years? How good Brandan? How good was asij Beach? What a goal?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Double three added two. Chris says, yes, they should. They should runt up and tell us why this event was banned. I reckon it's in the public interest because it explains, it explains a threshold to us, right, explains a threshold of how these things should work. Combat Sports Committee, taxpayer funded people. It's a taxpayer funded outfit. It sits in the taxpayer funded building down I'm pretty sure it's down at lead of loll Oval in the old DSR and Anthony Grover. He's a ripper, a ripper feller, but he's We've been going through the media people to try and talk to him. Can't get him in Greenwood. Hi, Dave, congratulations six burros. WI should use Simon to Ollie. I'll put JB in there to Dave. If you're unrelenting our opposition to this barbaric punch up event masquerading as the sport your if it's caused the backgrash. Galvani's the public in a way that only talk about radio can do. World One, Dave, thank you, very generous. Yeah'd love to hear it from you today. Should we be told why the Combat Sports Commission knocked back the bare knuckle boxing fight? The yes are seventeen and those are six. Keep it coming in and keep a pull through to the end of the program today.
Speaker 9: Good a Jerry, Yeah, good a Bowie.
Speaker 10: I'm just a quick comment. I am just so happy and relieved that it's been canceled. It should never have come to this in the first place. We should never have even been considered in the first place. And obviously, this so called Combat Commission, obviously they owe the people the explanation, the taxpayers that are funding their organization anyway, so they should come forward and sooner than later as well. But I'm so happy though that it's not going.
Speaker 1: Thanks she's Jerry, Thank you mate. Good Long term six PR listener Corey says, yes, all government should decision should be transparent. Thank you, Corey. Manuel. I want to know the grounds of this rejection. So I'm a yes, get a Pete, how are you yes? The answer is no. The answer is no. They made the right decision using the topic to promote your show. Your stance again has been great new the majority of people of Greece. A Why I keep pushing it now? I knew the people of public have had a win, great show, says Pete. Pete. It's actually I'm actually very interested to know where the public threshold on this lies on that nine person commission, who said yes and who said no? And on what grounds are we banning it, because that, I think informs what happens next. So it's not about promoting the show, although it has been a big topic for us. This one here from Sam Gooda, Sam, yay hate Ben knuckle fighting has been canceled. Another win for the Karens. I love where Australians going. We're truly blessed to be thoroughly pleased. And I think that might be sarcastic from Sam, but happy to hear from is Sam no problems at all? Appreciate your opinion, opinion. I think we need to know what do you reckon? It's coming up to sixteen past nine. When we come back, I'll let you know about another Inner City council that is banning the or at least withdrawing the high scooter service from their streets. Stay listening, if you entered the football last night, if you went to up the stadium, and let us know one double three eight eighty two as his beach has had a big week, he hasn't he he's the captain of the Melbourne victory. They've beat Melbourne City last Saturday night to win the A League and he scores the goal his firsteen thirteen years. It's the first time the soccer u's have beaten Japan in I think fifteen or sixteen years, and we have just about locked up a position in the World Cup in America next year. I watched it. Fair to say we were never in it until that moment, the ninetieth minute. I'd love to hear from you today. We did speak to on Monday as well as it's beach nice bloke and is it a Perth nutrition dietitian in Julie Meek who's helped the soccers get through to the qualifiers at the World Cup. We'll ask for a bit later on the program. Yes, no question today. Should we be told why the Combat Sports Commission knoed back the bare knuckle boxing fight? I reckon we should. I reckon it's in the public interest to know where that threshold lies. The yester twenty eight and the nose are six. There's a copper on the commission, there's a doctor on the commission and a number of other community representatives. So we'll try and get to the bottom of it. We're getting stonewall, We're getting crickets at the moment, trying to find out why from this taxpayer funded commission, why the result? I reckon it's in their interests going forward to knowing how they make these decisions going forward, because these type events will keep coming. Thanks for listening. In twenty one minutes past nine, another inner city Perth council is looking to remove high scooters from their streets. Joining me now is Allison Zammon, the mayor of the City of Vincent Today. Allison, good to talk to you.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 12: Simon, good to talk to you too.
Speaker 1: When did you make the decision on what are you going to do?
Speaker 12: Okay, So look, the first thing I want to say, because I really do need to say this, I just want to express, like I'm sure you do and your listeners, just how sorry we are for the family who have lost their father, their husband, the son, because I think that's the thing that is really weighing very heavily on everyone at the moment, I think. But also I want to acknowledge out that the family of the woman who's alleged to have run into him what they must be going through as well. So I do want to say that because I don't want to lose sight of the fact that this is happening in the face of a tragedy. So we a city of Vincent has had an a scooter trial for coming up to two years now that was put in place by just before I became mayor of the City of Vincent, and it has really been operating in conjunction with the City of Perth because we're obviously adjoinings and people are using the Beam and the Neuron scooters to go between Vincent and the City per quite a lot. So I've been in regular conversations with the acting Loagmir Bruce Reynolds around following the tragedy, and we've been talking about what needs to happen and as a result of that, the City of Vincent is now moving to also suspend the trials as well. With both companies, we're just we're hoping we be able to get the final decision out today. The only thing we're waiting on this which is waiting on a last last little piece of legal advice. And the reason for that is because obviously I don't want to be exposing our City of Vincent rate payers to any penalties for breach of contract or anything like that, so that's a concern. But otherwise we'll be seeking to effectively follow the lead of the City of Perth because they've had more time to be able to get the advice and everything to pull this together. So we're looking at doing the same thing, all right.
Speaker 1: City Vincent famous for being a pedestrian friendly place in the entertainment commercial precincts Oxford Car Vincent Street, William Yeah, yeah, and even off the side streets around around the big oval over there. So is it because you have pedestrian congestion versus higher scooters potentially, Well, I think I.
Speaker 12: Think it's as important that we talk about the higher scooters and the way that they get used. Look, I'm pretty very clear with everyone. I'm an East scooter writer. I was an early adopter. I have I played a scooter for four and a half years, and I write it around Vincent all the time, and it's really good. But I suppose the thing about me is an East scooter writer is that because it's my scooter, I'm obviously taking particular care of it, because it's my asset, and I'm wearing a helmet because a quie brain injury doesn't appeal, and also and you know, I'm obviously using it in a particular way. I think the concern that's emerging is really how higher scooters are potentially used differently as opposed to people that are in their own scooters and ride them, ride them potentially in a different way, and will be more experienced as well in terms of riding around. So well, I really really want to make that distinction because what I am very concerned about is making sure that we don't have a knee jerk reaction which just bans an entire mode of transport because a particular availability of this mode of transport is potentially able to be misused in a way that people who own their own scooters aren't necessarily going to do, but we need we need to make sure that lords are enforced, we need to make sure that people respect it. And I also put that out to the drivers as well, because I've never had a tumble, I've never been in an accident, but I can tell you there's been two times I've almost been cleaned up by inattentive car drivers and when I had the right of way and when I was driving, when I was riding responsibly. So in the same way that people need to look out for bikes, they also do need to look out for e scooters and conversely, people who were using that mode of transport have a responsibility to use it appropriately.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, So if you get the final legal tick off, Allison, yep, Neuron and Bean could be getting out the trucks today.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 12: Well, so the way it works is that people would be aware. I've seen it already in the city of Perth, what they made decision. They're able to be turned off remotely and then well, look, it's actually in Beams and Neuron's interest to gather up their assets as soon as possible. They don't want to leave them lying around on the streets. And you see that people are already starting to click that pick them up, so we would expect that they'd all be gone within a forty eight hour period. What we're going to do is we are then commissioning We're going to commission investigations into the safety to sort of look at are there ways to make it safer? Are there restrictions that we need to look at imposing additionally, so for example, it can only be used in daylight hours, or it could only be used around the river or something like that. I don't know. I don't want to preempt that, but or maybe the decision will be made that it's really just the future of Higher East scooters as really doesn't have a place. That might be what we do, but I don't want to preempt at But what I do know is that right now we are working with the City of Perth following the lead, and we're working towards doing the same thing perfectively. And the Council will talk about this more fulsomely at our public Ordinary Council meeting in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Allison, thank you very much for talking to our listeners. Appreciate it. Thank you, no worries, Thank you, mayor the mayor of the City of Vincent. So they are following suit. So the blue, the blue purple beams will potentially come out of action as soon as today, and the orange neurons are out of it as well. So these are the high scooters. There is a broader call in some parts of the community to look at the black ones, the privately owned ones. Now this has not come out of the blue. We've talked about this relentlessly on the show. The point of sale comments, they'm getting suited up, they're going fast. I saw yesterday not making this up. Drove home yesterday two blokes, young guys on a scooter went past me. I'm doing fifty, they're doing sixty seventy. They go past me just out here, just on Bennett Street, and they go through an intersection, they go through two red lights, three red lights, past the freeway in to change on East Parade and the way they go. So we all of us see that all the time, right, So there is a brook. So is it about enforcing the rules and the compliance these guys are under sixteen for sure, I reckon? Or is it about banning them? Hollus bowlus on. Probably more around the enforcement. One double three A two. Should we, as the general public as taxpayers be told why the Combat Sports Commission knock back the Bare Knuckle Championships Fighting champions BKFC. Yes, it's a thirty four the nose of twelve? Could the bruce?
Speaker 14: Yeah you get mate?
Speaker 15: How you going good?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Look, we should be told why they knocked it back. But look, I personally I wouldn't want to go see the b KFC myself. I got no interest in it. But you know, there are there are combat sports that.
Speaker 14: I do enjoy. Now, I don't think that we should have banned it because a few people find it to be going too far, whereas a lot of people don't. But my question is, mate, when people are saying there's no pain in that punched people in the head, okay, you ever seen a lot of karate tournaments and bare knuckle and they're kicking and punching each other bare knuckle multi fights. They got no shin pads, no feed on the professionals and they're kicking each other and the legs in the head and like, where's the line drawers that I like to kick each other with bare shin barefoot? But not okay to punch each other bare knuckle. Where's the line?
Speaker 1: Yep, no good question, Bruce. Absolutely the combat sports do, thank you, And the combat sports do involve all of that. I get. I guess you know, and I've said this earlier in the week of boxing. Glove, with its surface area and the way it can repeatedly repeatedly in you know, in boxing competition, can repeatedly hit someone in ahead. There is there is some there is a number of theories that does more damage than one strike to the head from a bare knuckle or one kick to the head in any UFC fighter. Do understand that, and I do hear it. The AMA don't like boxing either, but yet we have combat sports. Bruce, Thanks you call. This's something about the optics of blokes just and women just smashing each other in the head, blood everywhere. There's something about the optics of it and the threshold thereof cheers, mate, I would love to hear from you today. Should we know? Should we know why the b KFC has been canned by the Combat Sports Commission? Jim says, yes, we should know, but we won't, and the reason for that is look up the meaning of autocracy. Thanks Jim, Jim smells a rat. Good morning, mister Beaumont, says Brad. Hello, Brad, mister Beaumont's my dad. I'm a yes, but being a an entity, can we get it through the freedom of information? At great show as usual, Thanks Brad of Beautiful Madora Babe. We'll come back in just a moment. Thanks for your thoughts as always, get stuck into the show. Then Jackie Wich will join us after ten to talk sport, Lisa Barnes after eleven Barnsy's burnouts, and after midday today Chris Murphy. We'll be back with Murph's magical Mystery tour. Cole Blanche wo Police Commissioner will join me next.
Speaker 6: Good news earlier crash in Craigie Whitford's Avenue Eastbounds at the Mitchell Freeway has been cleared.
Speaker 1: Still some lingering delays.
Speaker 6: In the area though, and be aware the Perth Caravan and Kampa Expo is on at the Convention and Exhibition Center. It's already kicked off today running through until five pm. Make sure you plan for increased congestion in the area. I'm Rob Beaver on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Shane says, no, we don't need to know about the Combat Sports Commissions to see to ban the bean knuckle fighting champs. Could they, Shane, we all know why it was stopped, because such is the power of the media to influence outcomes. Yeah, I don't know about that. Shane and this government have a huge majority in a you know all we heard throughout despite the pressure we're putting on Rita and Rogers, they said no, it'd be a process. But I appreciate Chain, I appreciate that you think we have some power. The phone lines are open today.
Speaker 15: Rob, Yeah. Yeah, not only should we should we know why the decision has been changed, but I'd also like to know what our vulnerability is via Venues West or the for the event being canceled. I mean, these guys, the promoters have entered into discussions with Venues West and whoever else, and they'll be promoting it. Tickets went on sale, They're going to be out of pocket. What's what's our liability there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't know, mate, I honestly don't know. I do know a few promoters, and they often do do They're dull on these things. I reckon the punters will get a refund. Robert, I don't know what our exposure is as taxpayers. Will I'll try and find out. Rob Okay, thank you for your call, Thanks for your question. Cheers mate. So what does that mean? Yeah? And in the game to be for some clarity, this Combat Sports Commission is a taxpayer funded entity because after combat sports that those meetings are held in a government building, so it is a government body. The fight was going to be in a government building, a venue swest at an rac arena, So there is a government component to this, very very definitely. And yeah, there's a process and the process has arrived at we're not having that fight here. I reckon we should know so we get a better understanding of the public threshold on matters like this. The yeses it should we be told why this has happened, Yester thirty five and the Nose of twelve. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm Simon Beymont. Twenty three minutes to ten. We're joining us on the show now is Commissioner Cole Blanch from the WA Police. Commissioner Cole, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 7: Thanks, I'm a good morning.
Speaker 1: You've got an e scooter operation this morning. We've just told our listeners that the town of Vincent are about to ban high scooters as well. What will the escooter operation comprise on the weekend.
Speaker 7: Well, we have always enforced e writeables across the state, but in particular we know that the density of people in the city, particularly in north Bridge on a Friday and Saturday night, adds to the risk of those that don't want to follow the rules in relation to ariteables. So we'll have extra police out there, particularly from the Road Policing Unit, who are out there looking to enforce and educate those on a riteables. We'll be looking for speeding, We'll be looking for those who might be affected by alcohol, using mobile phones, writing recklessly and or dangerously. We've seen the tragedy for the last few day of mister fan of what can happen when people do not follow the rules and commit illegal acts. You get on one of these scooters and you ride in high dense areas, tragedies like this happened, and we've lost a life, We've lost a family member, we've lost a part of our community. And I think it's absolutely horrible what's happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt, absolutely no doubt at all. And as I say, at least two inner city councils are now looking to ban the highest scooters. But I guess, Commissioner, it's the private scooters. It's the black ones, isn't it that we're concerned about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I think you know, everyone has to step back. There's clearly a tragedy that's occurred. But modes of transport is something that I think we all look at and people clearly like writing scooters, but it's about the where and your behavior on writing them. We need enforcement, we need regulations. But where you have high density of population, pedestrians are our most important mode of transport. You know, we've got to look after our pedestrians. And when you have people on footpaths riding dangerously, riding recklessly, speeding, affected by alcohol, bad things are going to happen. So that's where we've got to enforce. That's what the regulations have to prevent, and that's where people have to be very mindful to not conduct those behaviors. I think that's what a community should do together and go hey, not here in these places, because that's where people are getting hurt. I don't think anyone has a problem with a scooter on a bike path out in the suburbs next to cyclists and other modes of transport. I don't think that really bothers anyone. It's when it's on a footpath in Hay Street with a thousand other people walking.
Speaker 1: Commissioner, there are call I think you may have answered this question next question, but there are parts of the community saying that we need to get rid of all of them because it's just too hard to police. It's too hard to spot the compliance. Your guys and girls are there to enforce the law as it currently stands, but you can't be everywhere. Do I sense there that you don't support a total ban on private scooters.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm a big believer on the freedoms of people to do things that you know that they're interested in. But everything needs regulations, everything needs enforcement because sadly, there are some people that will not follow the rules. And I think if we're seeing harm to our community, that's where we must step in and say, well, it can't happen here. And as you would understand, Simon, everything is based on risk and harm to our community. If the risk is too high and the harm is too great, then we've got to stop things in certain areas. But I don't think blanket bands solve any of those problems, but certainly we would look in places like the CBD where we have so many people walking, and many of our community are vulnerable people wheelchairs and elderly people. If you've got a scooter doing walk back to seven down a footpath, we know what the outcome is going to be and no one wants that outcome for our community.
Speaker 1: Just a technical one, if I may, Commissioner, and this is meant not meant to be indiscreet, is mister Fans passing? Does that count to our rod top?
Speaker 7: It does? It does, so it is considered a vehicle. Albeit your exempt from having a license, you're still on a road and the road sort of extends to footpaths, so it is counted as a road toll. And I think that speaks to the tragedy of obviously our road toll. We've seen people on scooters, we've seen people on motorcycles and people in cars at rates we just shouldn't have in our community today, and a lot of that does come down to the conduct of individuals and the thinking. You know, we're clearly going to a leege. In this case, we've got an alcohol affected person riding dangerously excessive speeds on a footpath. It was always going to end in tragedy because of the decision making of an individual.
Speaker 1: Commissioner you have. We've been asking a yes no question and today about should we, as the public, the general public, should we know why the Combat Sports Commissioners hask not back the bare knuckle Fighting Championship. It's a nine person commission. We're struggling to get anyone to talk to us today. But you do have a police representative, you have a copper on the mission. Do you think the public should know why it was not back? And have you had discussions with your rep on the commission.
Speaker 7: Look, I certainly do as police, and I'm not I probably share way too much information, Simon, but I think that's my job as police commissioner to be very transparent from a policing perspective as to what the commission should do. I'll leave that for the Commission and the commission head to make those decisions. But I can tell you the police representative and the police position is to not let it go ahead. Now that is our position, and I'm happy to publicly say that. And there are a number of reasons we are an organization that is concerned as we should be. We're a public service who wants to make sure community safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We think the characters involved, in particular some of the fighters' names that were put forward, I would say there are people that of not good repute, of not good character, and that was our first position. But also we know that some of these events create a lot of flow on issues for the public, the community and behave your all issues where they're held, and we put those community safety issues forward. Now we are one of nine, so there is eight other views, so we can't win on that vote, but the positions of others for others to say. But I can certainly tell you the position of WA Police.
Speaker 1: Was a known all right, thanks for your honesty, Commissioner. One more, if I may, sadly, we here that on eight forty five pm Monday of this week, and an eighteen year old female has been found de ceased at a home in Callingery. Detectives are investigating this. Do you have any more detail for us this morning? Commissioner?
Speaker 7: What I can say, and it's a extremely extremely sad situation. We are it isn't the death has been undetermined as to the cause. At this point, we are treating it as a homicide investigation by Major Crime. Now that's not to say it is a homicide, but we are conducting the investigation with the homicide squad into the cause of death. It is currently undetermined. It's a confined instigation. But at this point in time, I can't say too much more other to say we've had a death of a very young person aden years old female in Culinari and Major Crime all over it with our forensics to try to understand the circumstances leading up to the death.
Speaker 1: Commissioners, as always, thank you for talking to us, and thank you for talking to our listeners at six PR. Take care, Thanks Tom please. Commissioner Cole Blank. So some revelations there, some honestly there from the Commission that they advocated actively advocated against bernuckle fighting at the Combat Sports Commission, and we are still trying to find the overall reason. And the Commissioner gave his reasons about the quality of some of the competitors, some of the contestants and the potential flow on effecting to the community from that type of vines and from the event itself. So the commissioner pretty upfront about that. The Commissioner stopping short of calling for banning black scooters private scooters, but they are mounting a campaign in the city of Perth this weekend. Bit of correspondence coming in, I will read it out loud. You know we knew this was coming. Why haven't the police done more? That the rules are there and the police are set to enforce the rules there. That's what their remit is. Just been a bit hard, is isn't it With the number of scooters, how they can move around? The high scooters themselves have rooted all I guess oversight as to who's getting on them? Have they taken their helmet off? Is there two of them? Have they been on the drink? All that kind of thing. So, and also the Commissioner confirming that the homicide detectives are up at callingri with that very sad case of the discovery of an eighteen year old deceased girl. We'll come back in just a moment one double three eighty two. Happy to hear from you today. Should we be told as taxpayers why the combat sports weshion knock back the bare knuckle boxing championship. I reckon yes, so I'm one of the thirty nine and the nose of twelve. Thanks for your thoughts on all this. I would like to know so we know where the I guess the public threshold on this lies. And why is it different to UFC in the eyes and minds of the commission. They approve UFC fights all the time, and MMA fights and Brazilian jiu jitsu and boxing fights all the time. Why have they knocked this one back? I reckon, We've got a right to know. Thirteen and a half minutes to ten, Thanks for listening. Would you like to know why the Combat Sports Commission knock back the Beer Knuckle Fighting Championship? The yes are thirty nine, the nos are twelve? Shane with a why, Good day, Shane. No is not really necessary to know, Thank you, Shane. David says, good morning Simon and your team. It's very nice, David, good morning to my team as well. Yes, Yes, there are ten yeses. Add ten yearses to the total, David, thank you. Lucia says I would like to know why. Thanks Lucia, nice name. Too well done on that. Tim says, scoot as are self propelled exactly the same way. Ev vehicle is propelled? Is a motorized vehicle? A correct? Amundo? Tim, And Eric says, I'm a bit confused. I'll try and help you out, Eric if I can. Is it correct? The government amended the legislation to allow the Combat Sports Commission to approve this event, but then the Combat Commission declined approval of the event. That's the way I understand that what it could be mistaken? If I am correct, it wouldn't I finding out how much it cost taxpayer for the legislation to be amended and for what now appears to be no reason at all. Great show as usual, A good point, Eric, So David Temple and adjusted the regulations. It was passed by parliament. And then that means the Combat's Sports Commission because ber nuckle fighting wasn't one of the sports that was in their remit. I used this term support loosely. Obviously it wasn't in their This enabled them to at least look at it. I don't know how much it cost. I don't know how much of reading would have cost. I presume the Department for d LGSIC Eric would have prepared. It would have taken some taxpayer money to do all of that and would have taken some time in parliament and some parliamentary process. And I don't know how much it costs at the venue end, so I don't know what the contract said. When Venues West booked the event on the nineteenth of July, sold of heap of tickets, went on sale on Wednesdays, sold of heap of tickets. Refunds should be coming back out? Did they mark?
Speaker 17: Hey, how's a game?
Speaker 1: Good? Thank you.
Speaker 17: I just wanted to bring up the thing about the scooters, and when you've got a scooter, you higher out obviously that it's a controlled setup.
Speaker 14: But we're the private scooters.
Speaker 17: Now they're getting faster and faster and more powerful. You see multiple people riding on them. You can be doing fifty kilometers now and have them overtake you in the city. How can we allow such a powerful vehicle to be modified and to.
Speaker 14: Have anything done to it?
Speaker 18: And a lot of.
Speaker 17: Cases written by people who have lost their licenses because you've lost your license for drink driving or some other events, so you get a screwed up because there's no controls.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike, I don't think we're allowing it. I think it's happening illegally, I think, mate, But it is happening, right, We see it all the time, but it's not allowed. So what we'll see on the weekend, Mark, and I heard this from one of our We spoke to a retailer last week. Cheers, Mark, thanks you call. The way police look to try and test whether a scooter has been modified is they lift up the back wheel, they press the button, press the throttle, the accelerator and the speedometer. If it goes in excess of twenty five, then it has been souped up. But it's not allowed. It's not supposed to happen. So again, market's around people doing the right thing, not souping the scooters up, he scoot us up, being over the age of sixteen, wearing a helmet, not being inebriated, and not writing over ten k's now on footpaths. They're just some of some of the basic rules. And I do note's quite a few of our listeners correspondent to saying, well, govern them all to ten k's an hour, then they can ride on cycle ways, jugles, paths, roads whatever tendkays. Ten ks now is too slow for the open path right, twenty five is not if it's scooter's written correctly ten k's and hour is walking pace. So originally, when these things came out and they are all around the world, they use for connected transport or what's called active transport, where you get up in the morning, you wake up in darts a Chris Murphy if you're listening, you wake up in darts and you get on your scooter and you ride to the train station twenty five k's now and you can ten k's now on the foot paths, you get on the train and you get into Perth. Lots of people do do that, and that was one of the original ideas, as well as for recreation, tourism and all of that. Somehow, in all of this we haven't been able to police bad behavior. So I think there's a figure in the West today three hundred it's either three hundred and forty eight or three hundred and sixty eight presentations to hospitals in the past twelve months for people who've come off a scooter, So that part of it's not working either, right, this scene as being dangerous. So in all of this we have arrived at a situation, a threshold point where sadly a fellow has lost his life on Saturday night, mining his own business, allegedly hit by a scooter rider who's doing an excess to ten K's now inebriated on a footpath in the city of Perth. So that's what's happened. I would argue that probably the intent of putting these things in place was okay, but pretty quickly we saw they were going much much faster than they should be. Our listeners have seen it. I've seen it. We've all seen it. It's happening somehow once people buy these things, and often their kids. You know, they're people under age and their parents have purchased them for them. So that's the current situation. I will stop short of calling for a ban on private scooters, but we need to police them better and make sure people are doing the right thing on them. Majority of people probably are, but there's plenty of people who aren't, and they're really obvious when you see them like I saw them yesterday. That's just my thoughts. Happy to hear from me one double three eight eighty two. I'm not I'm not going to buy into that told you're so argument, because it's we've been we've been tracking it as it's been going along as it's been developing in front of our eyes. I don't know if we can. We don't know if we were that wise right at the start and go oh, these things are going to be dangerous. Someone's going to get killed right from the very start when we put the highest good as in place. That's my view. You may differ in your opinion. Thanks for listening. Did a Graham Bowie?
Speaker 19: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Graham?
Speaker 20: One of the helmet rules these days with push bikes and he's screwed as I don't know what they are anymore now. Once upon a time it was a rule and you had to wear a helmet when you're riding your push bike. And then that seemed it foor by the way, and I see a lot of people on the scooter's not wearing helmet.
Speaker 14: So is there a requirement?
Speaker 1: But I'll look it up. But my understanding, Graham, as a cyclist, you need to wear a helmet. There's a fine. If you don't, it's an infringement. It's you don't get demera points. I'm pretty sure it's fifty bucks.
Speaker 21: Mate.
Speaker 1: You don't see as much of it on bikes as you used to because The modern helmet is lightweight, is cool, has good ventilation. You do see it occasionally, but I reckon Graham. Helmet compliance on Pushy has dramatically improved. But I'll look it up mate, it's still should be an infringement. She's We're asking a lot of our coppers, aren't we in this? They got a big enough job as it is. Yeah, they're the ones who need to police this. Thanks Graham, Thanks for Carl, Thanks everyone, Thanks listening. In four minutes to ten after ten o'clock, Glenn Jakovic Sport, Footy in life. Stay listening. I'd like to speak to Glen Jakovich after ten o'clock you can. The Many government is in turmoil, as you heard on Perth Live yesterday, so no confidence motion in the Premier Will that mean it's all over for the Tazzy Devils if the stadium doesn't get built. Wow, soccer versus footy coverage. I know Glenn wants to talk about that and we will hopefully if she picks up the phone. The soccer Rus are training today and Julie Meek, the gun dietitian as she had a role in as his bay, She's go last night, how good. A lot of correspondents saying one hundred bucks are going through the soccer rus and nothing happened till the ninetieth minutes. Yeah, that can be soccer. Sometimes Eagles are headed to Bumbrey Freo by and we'll get Jacko's tips. Thanks for listening. In ten o'clock, Glen jacobc up next, Yeah, thanks for your thoughts today. I'm Simon Barmine, as that nice man said here until one o'clock today. Glenn jackal Wich will join us in just a moment Lisa Barnes after eleven o'clock with Barnsey's Burnouts and Murph's in after twelve with Murph's Magical Mystery too. Plenty of correspondents from our listeners. Glenn says people will get refunds for the BKFC tickets purchase, but I'm not sure you get back the booking or the transaction fee, which will be five or ten bucks. Thank you, Glenn, Thank you. Rob says Simon. People who modifying vehicles as soon as they get their license A surprised they do it as on their scooters. Thank you, Rob. Cheers mate. Lots of correspondence and all of this and our poll. Thus far should we be told by the Combat Sports Mission not back the bare knuckle boxing fight? The yeses are forty five and the nose are sixteen.
Speaker 22: And now a player who deve booed for South Free Mattle at sixteen played his fiftieth WAPAW game at eighteen. You AFL Premiership player Alan Jakovic's brother Glenn Jacob.
Speaker 1: Glenn.
Speaker 21: Good morning, Simon, and good morning. It's all our six pur listeners. Happy Friday to everyone.
Speaker 1: Good to see it. Here's a question without notice, Jacko, an English footballer is about to receive a knighthood. He's just turned fifty. Who do you think is about to receive a knighthood? Left footer played in the midfield. Bend it like, oh, David Beckham about to become my sir, Sir David Beckham. Do you feel the same?
Speaker 21: Did he win a World Cup?
Speaker 1: Not since nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 21: He controversially got him kicked out of the final against Argentina in nineteen ninety six, became public enemy number one in all of England. Forgive very quickly, don't they?
Speaker 1: Rod Stewarts, are sir? He really life?
Speaker 21: Then he missed a penalty in a quarter final penalty is not that hard.
Speaker 1: You know, you got a good memory, Glenn, So, Sir David Beckham have a think about that.
Speaker 21: I enjoyed watching him. I thought he was a I think he was a left footer. It was right foot was I thought he was a left I think he could cross the ball nicely, but he delivered on a platter, went around Madrid, played in the He was in the youth Academy of Man United as a ten eleven year old under Sir Alex Ferguson.
Speaker 1: Yep. Now Sir Alex is a he's a knight.
Speaker 21: I think he deserves a knighthood even though he's a Scotsman.
Speaker 1: Lord Stewards as well. Glenn Jackovitch is with a sport forty today soccer, football and life. How's the week of as he's bait? He spoke us on Monday, Glenn, have a listen to the goal.
Speaker 21: That's a lovely to buy righting a grade, You got your.
Speaker 1: Ten and pre paramount and the boys well done.
Speaker 21: Fieth minute Yeah, and look at the crossback wasn't for him and he had to bend it like Beckham, and he did and the keeper had it covered. It just it bent that much he couldn't reach it. And then as he's passed it, the ball still curling back in and it's millimeters from hit the post. Millimeters.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not a bad week for him.
Speaker 21: Hey, yeah, it's a great week captain the A League final and then he scores in front of fifty seven thousand people. I was very fortunate enough to go to the nineteen nineties, two thousand and six World Cup when we played Japan and closes out and they'll ranked fourteenth in the world. In Australia, there's thirty two teams in the World Cup. Australia weren't even ranked in the top forty. And they remember the Uwheasi goal and Uruguay here in Melbourne. They had no chance, had no chance, and the arrogance in the stadium in closes out and back in two thousand and six was insurmountable. And there was a pocket of Aussies which I was a part of, behind the goals and they score first. And the Japanese were rated thirteen, fourteenth in the world. And the way they played last night, they're very technical, very skillful, and they they're very quick. There's not a slow I've never seen a Japanese player that's slow. They're very, very quick with you know, they bought, moved the ball very with lightning and Australia on the back food all night. It wasn't the greatest of game, but there was the greatest of moments. And he would join the likes of Alowizi. He would join the likes of Tim kayle In closes out and when he got the double because he's effectively put Australia into their fifth consecutive World Cup final, a World Cup series, you know, and I just thought the crowd delivered fifty seven thousand. I was very disappointed, you know, by the Western Australian's coverage.
Speaker 1: Of the lead up to this promotion of the game front.
Speaker 21: And back page was AFL centric. He no get it. I mean, we love our AFL, but we love our sport. Last night was the good old Aussie Butler had no chance, had no chance. And guess what we delivered in spades, well as if you know, as if delivered in spade, and so did the team. I thought the coach pop Offy, he coached exceptionally. While he put it.
Speaker 1: Out, these substitutions were goodn't they can I say this, Glenn, and I hear what you're saying. I reckon, And I don't like saying this because I played soccer until I was seventeen. You love the game as well. Soccer's on the nose here in Perth. The Glory have not covered the coding Glory. Yeah, so to speak that is a part. It's not meant to be. But I reckon soccer was on the nose in Perth a bit.
Speaker 21: Well, it's at all time low and there's no doubting that. I went to a few Glory games this year and it's only two three thousand people of the game. It was, you know, it was hard to watch, knowing in the Glory days, you know it's part of the pump, but it was the Glory days when there was fifteen eighteen thousand people watching. You know, the Glory do their thing, have their success and you know Nick Tanner and the whole Glory juggernaut was massive to watch. I don't think it will take much to well. I'd like to think it can come back. I think the Sam curR Center and the participation by thirty five percent of young kids playing soccer now because of Sam Kerr, I think they need to cash in on that and hopefully Sam can get back and you know, set the world alight as she's done in the past. So I'm a big fan for I'm a big and if you get the opportunity, I know a lot of people have and some you know probably won't be able to do, but to follow them in a World Cup series. They're up against Argentina and they're up against you know, they've held their own getting to the final sixteen on a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Matilda's are far more exciting and better rank than than the soccer. Having said that, it was still good to watch last night. And look, I do stand corrected on the Becon thing. Totally my blue. Keith says Beckham was not left foot, that he's prominently right. Yeah, sorry about that, everyone stand corrected. So influenced is described as god like. His left foot was competent, it's not his dominant for thanks Keith, Absolutely, mate, I need to go to Specsavers. Melanie says, does that make Victoria lady posh spice? Yes, I suspect she will become a first lady of some description. By the way, Poms, Come on, Jackie, we were playing Japan second, says Brian. True, let's go to the phone.
Speaker 21: You can only play who they put out the park.
Speaker 1: Don't they look pretty good to me? The blue samurais Gooday, Matthew.
Speaker 23: Hi, I was at the game last night, but I was very disappointed just after halftime with the bands who started the Mexican way, very disrespectful to the team. But all credit due to the active bay who did not participate in it. It went on for too long. You don't mind a Mexican wave near the end of the game, but straight after halftime it's a joke.
Speaker 1: Why is it? Is it political way, just trying to ge the team.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but a Mexican wave is not if you go to your team up, you cheer them. You don't stand a Mexican wave because that gets distracting. When you're paying good money to watch a game, you're not watching someone jump up in front of you, or if you do one lap around.
Speaker 1: But going around about serious Yeah, well, well maybe maybe there were more non soccer fans there, you know, just general sports fans.
Speaker 21: Yeah, there's a lot of fair weather supporters that.
Speaker 1: So soccer fans don't like the Mexican wave.
Speaker 21: Of course they do. I think you're all sports around the world enjoy the Mexican wave. It's entertaining. Some people don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's respectful.
Speaker 21: Well, I can tell you now.
Speaker 1: I remember trying to work this out, trying to figure it out. I don't think it's disrespectful.
Speaker 21: No, I think it's It adds atmosphere to the to the occasion. It's not like they play every weekend here at up the stadium, fifty seven thousand people. It was a momentous occasion that put Australian in the World Cup. The first half was pretty ordinary. Now to Matthew, he's a diehard soccer fan. He wants to watch the game.
Speaker 1: That's not a cultural thing.
Speaker 21: So it's not yeah, but to get the site up and you know, jeer him up for a better second half.
Speaker 1: This is probably full of Scorches fans and AFL fans and Rugby union fans.
Speaker 21: Between all our fans in Wa, we hold our own. It is one of the most passionate. Is that compested?
Speaker 1: Is that cold? Play free? I think working.
Speaker 21: I went to one game this year. Yeah, I went to one game.
Speaker 1: He liked it before I liked it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I like all these things. I like Country Road up in the game. But I like because it's entertainment and you sit back and you go, makay, that's catchy. I understand it. I get it. Able to criticize it, well, you know, we're.
Speaker 1: Talking to a block. I used to hum the opposition song.
Speaker 21: Yeah and get fine every time.
Speaker 1: We'll come back in just a moment. Thank you, Matthew. We I wasn't aware of that, that there's disrespectful. The Mexican wave habit to hear from it is mate, the Tasmanian government in turmoil? What does that mean for the Tazzy Devils? The Hawks last night back to their arrogant, unsociable best played really good when it mattered, the show boating, the show boating and how Rob says, how dare Glenn Jacobitch suggests that Harley Reid had been removed from the back page. Thanks Rob asij baitch, how good? How good was that goal?
Speaker 24: Back?
Speaker 1: In a second brilliant lot of correspondence on whether the Mexican Wave is disrespectful and not, I will let people know that potentially possibly that Matthew is a hardcore football fan and may not be able to and may not be ambulance so that's possibly why he found it disrespectful. I appreciate your call. The wave kept the crowd awake. Maybe we should swap the Mexican wave out for the vo vo Zaila. Remember those. Glenn is the only interestinct thing of the whole night. So Matthew, thanks for your thoughts. That maybe why Matthew didn't like is he can't stand up himself. Potentially he's the Marlwighidi get a bill.
Speaker 25: Oh hi, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 25: I was in Britain when they're the World Cup born and went back from Vietnam of twelve. Of course there was another big event on that was Muhammad ah Leave didn't get much share fighting. It was all about Britain there. I don't think I ever win in a World Cup a game, but I got to just say he said about this on the nose a bit here the gentleman. Yeah, well, I just got to say, in America it's basically very much a private game. A lot of women play it, and just a few examples of the last World Cup, they spent a fortune over there in America, very good and Ireland played there and any english guy who played in their World Cup you won't mention all that England didn't make it. And the point was there was sort of a joke and a lot of Irish bars that Maradonna's arrived and they got him mixed up with Madonna. I mean, because you've been down to Brazil. I mean, that's the kind of thing. And another couple of points we talk about Japan, Japan, it's a World Cup for everyone. Japan had a problem months because a lot of Japanese can you speak to words?
Speaker 1: All right, let's so thanks, Bill will leave it there, Thank you. Nineteen sixty six, yep four two four two, go to Germany. I'm just trying to redeem myself from the Beckham left foot of things. I haven't that wasn't good by me. It's four Well, I was four years of age you were born.
Speaker 21: I was minus seven.
Speaker 1: You've become better at messages you leave school. Mather's phony masa.
Speaker 26: Yeah, they boys. I'm gonna say a couple of words in a sex.
Speaker 18: I don't know if you know.
Speaker 26: This guy born twenty fifth during nine and fifty played for Middle Splits to twenty seventy seven and eighty eight. Great play and he also played the Liverpool, which I thought that was the case. Nicknames Skippy two words.
Speaker 21: Yep scored a goal in the FA Cup final against Everton in nineteen eighty six or seven. Ian Rush scored a double. Gary Linker scored the first Everton, so Liverpool were very much favorites.
Speaker 1: It's a Dublin soccer called a brace as well. Is it brace too? I think it is, yeah, yeah. Craig Johnson had perm, had a perm, didn't he.
Speaker 21: Had a perm?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 21: And then after that I think Peter Materia got a perm. He was first.
Speaker 1: He was now show voting last night from Ginnevan and others. It's the modern footy. We you played with one of the biggest show boats known to man, didn't you in the Grand Final parade with Kay Langdon our friend, our colleague and mate. He was a showboat as.
Speaker 21: Entertainer, Carl's and entertainer. He still is just asking. Look, he played well, he backed it up Ginovan last night. But if you look closely back in the replay, he's nearly missed that goal. Okay, it's gone left angles very quickly because you're so close to the line. Had been another two meters. He's just booted at he's waved it behind him, just kicked the gold first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you see the umpire move very quickly. It's gone. But oh boy, if you had to miss that and hit the post, he would have been He's sucker punch. He gives it out. But you know that's his I don't know, must be I'm getting older. I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Your math is improving.
Speaker 21: Yeah, ten years ago, I would have chased him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 21: If he done that to my too, against my day, I would have chased him and I wulder got him either on the field or the car park. I would have got him. Yeah, okay, but I don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: You do not.
Speaker 21: I'm I'm not allowed to.
Speaker 1: What have we learned last night? Glen Bullies have played well with an ordinarily a seven. I guess without Sam Darcy.
Speaker 21: The one without Sam Darcy, I have. Yeah, what I learned about the the Hawks last night. Everyone's found them out a little bit and they got a lot of criticism in the press. I thought that was a very mature performance by Hawthorne and well coached by Sam Mitchell. I think they embraced the moment they're in, lost three in a row and took on a very you know, dangerous side in the Bulldogs. The Bulldog's got a few problems now because they're a fancy to go very deep in September. I guess what, Simon, they're not in the eight. They're not in the eight. And that was what was facing Freeman about three or four weeks ago. They find themselves seven and five now and they're in the eight. They're not entrenched, and they've They've got a very good run over the next four weeks after their bye. I've got them down for winning the next four, which will take them to eleven and five, gives them a very very good opportunity to play finals footy and more importantly secure at least one home final. But the Bulldogs very poor start. Thought the Hawks last night their intensity and ferocity, which has been missing for the last three weeks. You could just see and it's so attitudinal. Isn't this game any game? But it's so attitudinal and whatever they got criticized for the last three weeks. You know, the Hollywood Hawks, they're not so good and or Bollywood they was starting to call them. I just thought they showed a bit of Greek last night and that was great grit.
Speaker 1: It was a good performance in the English one hundred and thirty nine fantasy points. If you believe in that particular metric, he goes good, doesn't it. But Lloyd Meg one hundred and twenty he's been absolute. I thought that was a revelation.
Speaker 21: I thought it was a good battle between the two and I think Tim has been very good in the last four or five weeks. He certainly elevated himself and so it was, you know, during when the boardogs have had some good wins, he's been so dominant, you know, So it wasn't all Australian I think about three years ago and then had a few issues injury and a couple of concussions. But good to see him back playing good foot. He's a very good footballer.
Speaker 1: Glenn. You mixing the AFL circles. You to go to AFL every now and then in your role as an All Australian selector. You've done it for a number of years. One of the fellows you've crossed over over the years is a fellow called Matthew Richardson who is a Tasmanian. Could have gone to Custard yesterday if the no confidence show in the Tasmanian premiere sort of the ripple effect of that might mean no stadium because it's going to break the budget. That could see the Tazzy Devils in trouble. What are you hearing around the traps about the Devils and about what happened yesterday?
Speaker 21: Yeah, it's concerning that the predicament they find themselves in with only a couple of years in time for them to be into the competition. So we'll know more in the next three or four months. But the AFL need a very clear direction of knowing what's happening with their nineteenth license, if it's going to happen, and are they willing to accept because I don't think they can build that in two years? Can they? That roof?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have thought so? No, no, they we're going to play us well for a while. Weren't they going to play at Devonport and Hobart? Was that right? Sean to play at the other two venues before it being finished. But a deal is a deal with the AFL and the OURFL didn't put anything into into Burdswood, So the.
Speaker 21: Deal is that that stadium has to be part of the nineteenth license.
Speaker 1: With a roof with a roof. Yeah, all right, I'll watched this space one double three eight two. We'll get Glenn's tips in just a moment. If you'd like to speak to Jacko. Rob says something telling me Simon's been googling soccer in the break. I haven't, Rob, I did know Craig Johnson had a PERM. I didn't know. Thanks for your thoughts that I ring. Jacko is here today the three I get a bye, a well deserved day off. Are you heading down to Bono?
Speaker 21: Yeah, with a six hour calling team looking forward to it down at hands Oval, so big opportunity will obviously dissect that. But going back to Craig Johnson, he was the first Australian's scorer in then FA Cup Final, first Australian. Do you know who the second is?
Speaker 1: Cadel Evans? No, I don't know.
Speaker 21: I'll tell half the break.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back in a second.
Speaker 6: Still dealing with a breakdown in at q Dale this morning. Tonkin Highway northbound prior to Abernethy Road. That left lane has been closed off by incident response.
Speaker 1: Make sure you.
Speaker 6: Proceed with caution and debri That plank of wood remains in the right lane of the promenade entry to Tonkin Highway southbound in Elmbrook.
Speaker 1: I'm Rob Beaver on Perth's traffic leader six PR. Yeah, thanks for listening. In Glenn, jack which is with us. We're going to go through the round of footy in a just a moment and we do have a year no Jacko for you, and Jacko is a special treat. We're going to speak to Julie Meek So she's the Soccer Roos dietitian. She was the Perth Glory dietitian when Tony Popovich was here. She followed Popovich to Melbourne City and then he has recruited her as the Soccreos dietitian. And we'll have a chat to Julie in just a moment. We spoke to as Is Baitch on Monday, the goal scorer from last night, and he yeah, he's a big raps, a dual head. We will replay some of that in just a second. So he's a Perth dietitian, the secret weapon in asich Bach's preparation armory. I have some inside inside mail for you. What do you reckon? What do you reckon? The soccer news did last night? I reckon they celebrated, I would hope. So yeah, and they didn't.
Speaker 21: Why not?
Speaker 1: And they training this morning? So no alcohol night last night from and went to train this morning. They get weighed before they run out to training.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it's pretty much. It's an elite environment, isn't it? So kind different from I thought they could have let their hair down because effectively they've set their country into the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Well, he's won the A League Haileygue flag last Saturday, hasn't didn't celebrate that, got on a plane, was here on Monday all week. So it's that they're going hard at it, don't they.
Speaker 21: Well attention to detail and there is time and places where I think it's important that you take the breaks celebrate. I thought last night, you know, is a pivotal moment.
Speaker 1: After the hippie club boys.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but what's It's the end of the European season, so anyhow, Look, I'm not gonna I'm not going to question their professionalism. It's one thing I won't do.
Speaker 1: Insight into the code, isn't it, no doubt about it. There's only been two scores in f A Caps, Craig Johnson and Sam Kerr. Yeah, there you go, well done, thanks to a research team and thanks to you, Glenn. Let's go through your tips for the remainder of the round, Glenn, if you don't mind, So Glenn went when was not having a couple of misses on this your your Thursday night tipping.
Speaker 21: Glenn hasn't been good in the last three four weeks. I've got last week's and prior to that, I think zer on three and then I missed last night and I went the Bullies. All right, that's okay, we're still and then what you tip against me?
Speaker 1: So whatever, somehow our listeners do Yeah, I might as well, I know, and hand goes with an anti Glenn tip. All right, Bulldogs in the end of twenty two points. At twenty two points they go down to Hawthorne.
Speaker 21: Well, I I was close with the margin and I went twenty one points. Is the wrong team?
Speaker 1: Crows Brisbane Lyons tonight five forty third versus second add in Adelaide. What a game.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Crows have got a very good run home. Yeah, I'm going to tip the Crows. I just think that they've really elevated their game is at home. They're going to be hard to beat there. During the remainder of the year.
Speaker 1: So Crows for me, all right, Crows for Glenn Jakovic on Saturday at eleven twenty at the g Richmond, Sidney.
Speaker 21: Yeah, this is going to be interesting game because Richmond have really shown some growth in their younger team that's coming through. Unlucky not to win against the Giants last week. Sydney new coach, new systems just got a few teething problems at the minute. The Swans, their last outing of the MCG wasn't great, but I'm going to tip the Swans.
Speaker 1: All right, Swans, that's a tough one, is it? They eat? They should for you use your phrase hard to trust, aren't they? That is a hard one. The the SEC two to fifteen game, yes at Geelong is the Cats versus the Suns.
Speaker 21: Yeah, this is interesting because Cats at gim HbA Stadium are very hard to beat down there. But they did travel to Perth and their record after a Perth game isn't the best. The Suns some they lost against Fremantle, so what a clash. This is going to be fifth versus fourth. The Sons are trying to hang on to a top four position, the Crows a third, So three of the four top fours into state teams with the Lions, Crows and the Sun. But the Cats are the Cats, aren't they? They certainly know how to turn it on when they challenge. So I'll go to Cats because it's only at home and only just But that's a game that I'm going to be anticipating to watch. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five of the four also on Saturday night. This is in Canberra, the Giants versus Port Adelaide.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'll go the Giants for no particular reasons because they're not going that great. Port Adelaide are not going that great. So yeah, Giants.
Speaker 1: Ripping clash in Bumbrey. You'll be there with the six pr call team Glenn North Melbourne versus West Coast, seventeenth versus eighteenth the gamble responsibly, but the pundits have North narrow favorites here. Who do you like and why?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'll go the Eagles on the back of some good performances of recent weeks. Got within five points of the Cats, but just fell away in that last quarter. In particular North. There's gonna be a tough game, but they did beat them there in the game earlier on in the year in the preseason. I like some of the changes that are coming. Good to see Clay Hall gets another opportunity. Has been really dominating in the Waffle. But yeah, this will be a tight game as well, So to all the bumbery people that will get down there. It's sold out. It's a great atmosphere of the Ovals in fantastic condition West Coast. First time. I think I've tipped him this year.
Speaker 1: Will you come back after the game, will you stay down there?
Speaker 21: Oh, go to the hippy globb something down there. They've got one down there, the Reef.
Speaker 1: I think it's reef, the Reefs, the version of the Hivy Club. I think you might just get all the players and yeah, yeah, but you're tipping Eagles with it with confidence a little bit. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 21: I've like what I've seen with their younger players. Elijah Hewett. I think he's teaming up really well. I scaling back to some form, kicking goals, Jamie Crips back after a slight knee injury. Their back lines holding up really well. So I like what I see at the minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well, I Glen, there's a Glenn's tips the Crows over Brisbane' So what he's over the Tigers, Cats over the Suns down at Geelong, the Giants over Pored and Eagles over North with some confidence. Yes, no, two more teams, two more games.
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My phone just gave out, but sorry you go.
Speaker 21: Carlton versus Essendon Wednesday on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yep, my should have gone to Spec Savors.
Speaker 21: Yeah, just like the left foot of David Beckham. So Carlton take on.
Speaker 1: So we've got time.
Speaker 21: It's going to be interesting game another one because Carlton are not going that great. They are favorites here, but Esson and didn't they show some good form against the lines up there? Had their chances hit the front in that late I think it was a third cour earlier the start of the last quarter. But the yeah, you just don't know which team is going to turn up. Caddy is a good.
Speaker 1: Player, sure is like his hair do yeah? I do as well?
Speaker 21: Who do you like? Ok?
Speaker 1: Carlton got the Blues? Okay, over the bombs? Thank you? And the final game? Sorry? This is Melbourne versus Connie Wood King. This is twelve versus first on the King's birthday, Big one. This one it.
Speaker 21: Is and Neil dana Hur's work. I think it's the eleven m.
Speaker 1: And the train of the year. Yeah, how good, Yeah, which he deserved.
Speaker 21: Well done. I look the Pies, they're their favorites to win, aren't they. They've got some really good talent at the minute. That's really humming along. They're just a well organized side. Actually don't mind watching them, you know, and even if you don't like Collingwood, you do appreciate their brand of football very much. So well done to them at the minute.
Speaker 1: Wie already my check from Tasmania. What a player? Good player, bruma player. Sorry listeners, I missed those last.
Speaker 21: Two right too.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's not bad, us boy, it's not bad. Pennilebury not bad, so I bottom not bad. Crows over Brizzy, Swans over the Tigers, Cats over the Sons, Giants over Port, Eagles over North Cartmo of Essendon and the Pies over Melbourne. My apologies. Let's go now to our Yes No for this week and we will speak to Julie meet the soccer dietitian. Is she the secret weapon? We'll talk to him just a second. You can hang around for that cake, Glenn, Yes, I will, thank you very much. The fixture gods have smiled smiling on the dockers. They've got a reasonably easy lead up in the run into September. Yes, watching soccer is can be boring ninety nine percent of the time, but really exciting one percent of the time. No, world spoken as a true fan, as a fishinado as these baits. His gold came from hard work, skill, speed and a rev up from this show and me on Monday. No, the dream of a Tasmanian football team is dead and buried. No, the AFL is in no state at the moment to expand to nineteen teams. Yes, all right, yeah, not better?
Speaker 24: All right?
Speaker 1: Change? I thought you can say nothing what This one's from Adam papale our sports director and driver of the slowest car of Western Australia. A third WA team would be successful and should be based in the Southwest.
Speaker 21: It would be successful. I think it would be. Yeah, but not in Bustleton where he wants to go, not an his home tore So then he went out to travel too far for commentary. He'll just retire down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another one from Adam Papalie. It's McDonald's not McDonald's. I don't know what else you're going for That's what he says today. Perhaps if you're listening, it'd be nice.
Speaker 21: If you got some when we do in studio, because he used to organize it for us last year for a bit of lunch, you know, because we're going to work through our lunch breaks. He do you have to work? Three you lunch break? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you get I'll go to the vending machine three dollars sixty for some cheese. Now, this is mal my Niga's political career ending right here. If you didn't hear it, if you have, if you haven't heard this over the last twenty years.
Speaker 27: His mal was this a person out there making sure that I was I'm bugged.
Speaker 1: I'm signing. Wow, that wasn't even twenty second.
Speaker 21: It was about eleven seconds.
Speaker 1: Yes, political career, he's a good name to get if he hangs in more than eleven seconds. He's a good name for the Perth Bears. Yes, Albow supporting the Hawks is all a smoke screen. He doesn't really understand football. No, the Dogs should continue to hold off signing a Bevo as a coach. No, the Dogs do struggle and primetime fixtures. No, the AFL needs more and more show boating. Yes, you know there was a good show voter in your family, wasn't there?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Very good.
Speaker 1: The Hawks play better without James sicily No, Glenn Jakovich never went over the top with his celebrations. Yes, that's not true.
Speaker 21: A couple of times I did.
Speaker 1: What about that? Gat was that we kicked three in your light your last game? Yeah, you kicked three in your last game. You celebrated.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and then a quarter time break came in and I see stuff, it's all over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that. I thought you over celebrated. I think you deserve too as well. The Prince of Wales Pub in Bumbury will be the biggest pub in the world on Sunday, Yes, your pub. Yes, and Eagles a win could spell the end for the temporary stands at hands Over, with the fans celebrating like crazy. Yes, all footy or visitors to Bumbry this week and just stick around to enjoy the local attractions and cuisines on offer. Yes, Jamari jugill Hagen potentially going to the Sydney to the Swan as a good move for all parties involved. Yes, speeding six kilometers over the limit in your wife's car should attract a warning, not a fine. Yes, sixteen minutes or eleven when we come back, duly meet the socceros dietician will join us and Glenn will be with us as well. So listening, Glenn Jackovic is with us. We are seeing the sport the Stinger Sports Segment a little today because we've got a very exciting guest coming on. Glenn and Julie Meek is a soccer sports dietitian, pretty happy after last night's performance. She was with Popovich at the Glory at Melbourne Sea City. Sorry, yeah, Melbourne City and now with the soccer Use she joins us. Now, gooday, Julie Simon and Glenn how.
Speaker 28: Are you hello?
Speaker 29: Guys?
Speaker 27: How are you both?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well? Thanks? Is your voice a bit croaky?
Speaker 21: You're right?
Speaker 8: No, I'm good.
Speaker 29: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Now listen, here's the goal here. First up her first and foremost, glennard Light and I would like to play a replay of the Gold Jewels. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lovely to buy riding my pray you.
Speaker 1: How good jewels? Where were you in eighty nine minutes of anxiety? And then that happens?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 29: There was honestly edge of the seat, and then when as he scored, was just an amazing moment. There was jumping, there was yelling, there was all kinds of things. That was absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 21: Jules, Glenn Jacobach, thanks for your time. Simon did ask where were you when the goal in?
Speaker 1: And I guess what we're wearing?
Speaker 19: As it.
Speaker 21: Had a big week, didn't he leading him from the A League final into last night, so he obviously he kept his emotion and his intact leading into the game.
Speaker 29: Well he did. But the funny thing is that Simon, you said that Melbourne City. I'm Melbourne Victory. So we have a bit of a rivalry between the two of us and as of last weekend, and he promised me yesterday that should make me feel better, that he would score a goal in last night's match and calls by for his third World Cup.
Speaker 24: So he said it.
Speaker 20: He did it.
Speaker 1: He certainly did. And we had him on the show on Monday, Julie on our holiday Monday, and I asked him about you have a listen. I'm not sure if you've come across her yet as his but Julie, make you a nutritionists. She's a Perth girl and she's spent a lot of time talking to our this is on this program, an Tony and her get on famously, but he wants to make sure you're looking after yourself off the pitch.
Speaker 13: Yeah, definitely. She's been a great addition to the obviously to our group and making sure you know, we're professional athlee, so you need to prepare everything to a tea and she's a big part of that with nutrition and you know, supplements and those kinds of things. And yeah, look, you know you can see changing a lot of boys with their bodies or you know, obviously less injuries. So yeah, she's played a massive part in joining our group.
Speaker 1: I always one of if she's any good, I'm I'll pass it on to his that's good good. He's got your back, Julie.
Speaker 29: Yes, he does, and he's he's a very professional man and it's nice to hear that. You know, he does believe in what.
Speaker 21: We're doing, Julie. With the soccer rus, it's a big, obviously responsibility that you have. Just give us a brief rundown of what you've installed into them as regarding their professionalism, but their dietary habits they're eating on the plane, there's a lot of time. These guys come from all parts of the world to play. How long were they together for this game before they took the pitch.
Speaker 29: Well, we had a training camp in Abertabi, so that was a couple of weeks and then obviously some of the players joined us here in Perth. But the group is very tight and I'm so fortunate that Tony Popovich is just the best coach to work with in terms of nutrition because he's a very detailed person and he has my back one thousand percent, so that makes a big difference in a team. And we have very much about details, so every single thing that we do, whether we're on the flight, whether we're in the hotel, it doesn't matter. Training we have everything down to the last detail, which is so important at this.
Speaker 30: Level of sport.
Speaker 21: Well, it certainly is because it comes down a moment, and last night was the moment that may have put them all but you know, put Australia into the World Cup.
Speaker 1: The country and such as such as the fine line.
Speaker 21: Our two teams and a lot of our teams here, not only just the Eagles and Dockers travel a lot. They spend a lot of time on the plane. Technology and I guess advancements have come a long way with how athletes, both male and female look after themselves on that. For our flight, what are your tips that they should be in consideration for?
Speaker 29: I mean the biggest thing by far is hydration, because if you're not hydrated that on a flight that makes a big difference. Is really cool to get off a flight being hydrated. So that's something that we push a lot. I engage the air stewards as well because they're really helpful with that, and the boys have very you know, street guidelines about what they can and cut eat. I also speak to the staff on the plane, so it's pretty tightly controlled. It's really important and anyone who's flying should be looking at that. It makes a big difference. Hey, you feel when you get off and you perform us.
Speaker 1: We speak to the airline staff.
Speaker 29: Yes, absolutely, as soon as they get on.
Speaker 1: Wow, we yes, look at you go? How annoying are you?
Speaker 13: I'm so annoying today?
Speaker 29: Accept it?
Speaker 21: Do they prepare their own food or do they eat the plane food?
Speaker 29: No, we do, but within limitation. So we're very fortunate that the airline accommodates that. And yeah, the boys are great, they don't they don't ask for things that they shouldn't be having because they know how much it makes a difference. So yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 21: In our earlier time, we didn't mind having a little bit of a shut eye on the plane. We just felt that that was part of relaxing. But towards the back end of my career we were told to no, no, it disrupts your sleeping patterns.
Speaker 29: Is that Are you of the same opinion, Well, it depends on how long the flight is and the time zone, so we stick. Yeah, so our high performance lie EGA, he's very good at that. So we work on how much time they should be sleeping on the plane, when they should be sleeping, because various times that's okay and not okay. So we do control that as well.
Speaker 1: Julia, I have been to a pub with you, so I know that you don't you're not you're not. You're by no means a wowser. No drinks for the boys last night. So is that a Popovich decision? A Popovich make decision? So no one went across the road to the Camfield and you weigh the players before their training today, is that right?
Speaker 29: That's right? Yep, absolutely, and that's just about hydration. Okay, So that's just so important. And the boys they understand how important this is, so they want to do everything they can to make this happen. So it's not a difficult ask at all.
Speaker 1: All right, it is good insight. Are you, Julie, well done the the are you claiming it? Are you claiming the goal victory and the entry to the World Cup? Is it all on you?
Speaker 9: Already?
Speaker 1: Absolutely on thousand which Glenn and I just watching the replay. We've seen it three times in front of our eyes. So well done to him and to you. You and I always have a chat about whether loop you know, whether lupens is for for livestock or for human human beings. This is super food. But are there any are there any sort of any tricks in this one, Julie? In what people are eating? Is it or is it? Is it common sense? And person by person?
Speaker 29: Look, just so you know we have special, very special. You've tried these cookies after the game, recovery cookies, and guess what's in them?
Speaker 1: Loopenss no really breaking breaking news like that breaking news the software loop already lupins before a game, and hey, Jules, world done. As you know, you know, I'm only half joking when I say you're We're proud of you. You've had a beat, You've been on six PR for years and years, and that was awesome to last night. For eighty nine minutes, we looked like we were getting belted at or at least being outplayed. So well done to you. And as Glenn Jakoevitch picked, it was about a moment and you were part of that moment. So world on, Julie.
Speaker 29: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you boys, Thank you, Julie meek small. Interesting is it?
Speaker 21: It's a great insight, has that detail at tension to detail. They want to go to the World Cup. I think it will be their fifth or sixth consecutive World Cup and they've still got one more fixture to face and they started at the ninety six minute mark last night in preparation for that.
Speaker 1: It comes from Popovich, they call him the Boss. Yeah, it comes from here in the detail. People like Julie's whole success.
Speaker 21: As a player and as a coach, and he knows what it takes.
Speaker 1: They did look fit last night. Although their skill level and their speed wasn't at the Japanese level, they did look fit and strong.
Speaker 21: Well, you've got to try and find other avenues. When you against the South Americans or you know, the big staunch European nations, you've got to find other ways to beat them because technically they're generally a lot skillful, more powerful than what we generally are because of their programs and just the soccer nations. It's like our AFL, you know, it's just it's massive. But well done to Julie and giving that inside because they to me, even though they were on the back foot, they look like they weren't hanging on for dear life. And that may be because of the fitness, the nutrition and had attention to detail that they already like he had that web going in that back half of theirs and I was just watching. They weren't lumbering. They were sprinting to where the dangerous area or the dangerous place. So they're cutting off every avenue and it just frustrated the Japanese last night. And that has to be the buncher center of the preparation. So whilst people say eighty nine minutes of boring soccer, you're up against a highly rated nation that are fanatical in their soccer in the world game. I thought Australia really prepared well and did everything they could in their power to win the game, and sometimes skill doesn't win it.
Speaker 1: Ben, thank you as always appreciate your company on Friday. We're likely to have you enjoy the call on Sunday, mate, I will take you two and a half minutes to eleven o'clock. The highly excitedble Glenn Jackiewich. You'll hear him in the commentary team on Sunday. Thanks for listening on Perth six PR. This is Simon Beaumonts. Thanks to your company. Today the yes no poll of the day. But we will get back to this with Lisa Barnes when she comes in. Should we be told as taxpayers why the Combat Sports Wision knocked out the bare and n Apple Boxing and Fight Why they knocked it back? The yes is a forty seven, the nose are sixteenth. A lot of our listeners reckon, we need to know why. We'll come back to those comments when Barnsy is here. Eleven o'clock now good everyone, just going eleven o'clock on this Friday. I hope you well on this Friday morning. The phone lines are open one double three A eighty two Lisa Barnes will join us in just a moment. Yes, no, now, yes, no question today. As you know, we ask one every single day and keep a pole right through till one o'clock. Should we be told why the Combat Sports Commission knocked back the BKFC, the Yes of forty seven, the nose of sixteen. It's the government body. The fight was proposed or the fights pleural were proposed to be held in the government building. It's the process. We have been told by Rita Safiodi and by Roger Cook and others, but it has been knocked back. Would you like to know why we're not getting any answers from the Combat Sports Commission the Yes of forty seven and the noses sixteen. Let's do this with Lisa Barnes Barnesy's burnouts. Hello, Lisa, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm well, Simon, how are you good to see you?
Speaker 21: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me in first check rainward and tank levels.
Speaker 11: I have had fifteen meals since Monday. I am a very happy girl. This week it's a lot of rain.
Speaker 1: I think you smell.
Speaker 11: It'll be better this week A long hot shower, no, and if you are heading out sort of my way, chittering way. Everything is greened up incredibly over the last week or so. Amazing a little bit of rain can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good on you. Look at you go. Did Lindsay come out? Did Lindsay come out and visit you?
Speaker 5: She is due to see me today, Lindsey.
Speaker 1: How good bringing the bubby? Yeah, of course, Daisy, Yeah, yeah, excellent. Lisa Barnes is with us today. We've got a couple of things we will cover off the yes nose of this week and look at a couple of issues with Lisa today. We've been made aware of this story this morning that's come across our desk. Lisa Palace joins us now High Palace, Simon Beaumont and Lisa Barnes on six PR.
Speaker 31: How are you hi, Simon, Hi Lisa, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: What's happened.
Speaker 32: So this morning?
Speaker 31: I've had a pretty distressing morning. I've had five police officers rock up on my door trying to seize the dog that I got from the Swan Animal Haven, essentially trying to claim that I've stolen the dog, which is not the case. This is a civil matter and the dog was handed over to us to adult.
Speaker 5: So what seems to be the dispute.
Speaker 11: It sounds like then that the Swan Animal Haven is trying to get the dog back.
Speaker 5: Would that be an accurate description.
Speaker 31: Yeah, yeah, so that's correct. They have been trying to get her back for the past few days. I mean, the reason is quite unclear. They're claiming it's because my partner and I and tend to relocate interstate in about a month and a half, which is something they will always the where it could be possible. Given that my partner works in the Air Force and moving around kind of kind of comes with that job. They're not comfortable with her us taking her into state. We've offered absolutely every compromise under the sun to make them feel feel better about it all, and.
Speaker 1: They are just saying no, So just to go sorry, Liza, just go back to the start Palace. Did you say you had five police come to your house.
Speaker 31: That's correct, five police officers this morning.
Speaker 1: And have they taken the dog away?
Speaker 31: They have not know they left. They said that they would likely be back to seize the dog, but at the moment it's too unclear for them whether this is civil or criminal. I'm of the opinion and so as my lawyer, that this is very much a civil dispute and not something that the police really have grounds to get involved in.
Speaker 11: Is there some sort of contract that exists, Pallas, between yourself and the Swan Animal Haven obviously when you adopted the dog.
Speaker 31: Yeah, So there was no paperwork, no written agreement. It was all verbal. Once they kind of decided that we were suitable to adopt Delta, they handed her over to us on a trial basis, which was left open ended. We didn't agree to a specific time frame or anything. They said it could be one week, two weeks, three weeks, and pretty much told us that she was ours as long as we were happy with the trial. Once we told them that we were happy and wanted to adopt her, and then they found out we were planning on moving at some point, they have just been demanding her go back into the kennel.
Speaker 5: So how long has she been with you for now?
Speaker 31: So she's been with us just over three weeks, which is longer than she was in Swan Animal Haven's care.
Speaker 1: And what type of breed a dog palace?
Speaker 31: So she's an eight months old kelpie and you.
Speaker 1: Guys getting on So that's young lesser puppy, isn't it and you're getting on.
Speaker 31: We absolutely adore her. She is the just most affectionate and trusting girl. She Yeah, we adore her, and she adores us.
Speaker 21: She's a part of our family palace.
Speaker 1: The rule the laws have recently changed where dog refuges and rescue dogs are now a more important part of how people get hold of a dog, because we're trying to do away with puppy Farm. So you're exactly the type of family and home we need. Further to Lisa's question about a contract, is there's no email or anything like that, and there was no discussion of potentially moving away.
Speaker 31: No, so we actually, well, since they even found out that we will be moving away. We actually received an email from them last night saying that they have reconsidered their position and that they are happy to go ahead with Delta's adoption given that we would agree to some terms. We pretty much agreed to ninety percent of those terms. We were just trying to negotiate one of them and they weren't happy with that and turned around and called the police.
Speaker 11: That's it's just extraordinary. What kind of terms are they saying? Do they not want the dog to leave the state?
Speaker 31: Yeah, so in their email yesterday they said that they agree we can take her to New South Wales. They just want her to be in Western Australia for an additional three months. I simply just asked if they would consider two months, and that was not suitable for them, and they've decided to take the extraordinary action of calling the police.
Speaker 1: So five cops have rolled up over this palace. When are you moving?
Speaker 31: The plan was to move the beginning of July. I offered to stay longer, so I don't have a set date.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, so you're trying to meet middle ground. You said I'll stay for two months and there is that enough. Are you changing the type of property you live in, like do you live in a semi rural joint like Lisa does? Or are you changing You're not moving into an apartment or something, are you.
Speaker 31: No, No, absolutely not. We've agreed that our housing in New South Wales will be suitable. It will have a backyard, it'll be fully fenced. We don't live on a farm right now. They haven have inspected our property previously and it's it's pretty small, but it's it's got a decent backyard for a dog and it's fully fenced. And we've agreed that we would give her the the the exact same in New South Wales.
Speaker 1: So you're waiting for the potentially the cops to turn turn up again today, are you.
Speaker 28: Yeah.
Speaker 31: So they ended up leaving, but they said that they would likely be back to seize the dog at a at a point in the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, How are you feeling about all this?
Speaker 31: I'm pretty distressed, to be honest. It's it's not something that I ever could have expected would happen, especially with a dog rescue. I was under the impression that, you know, their vision was to find dogs loving and safe homes and keep them out of shelters. But it seems that they are wanting to do the complete opposite. I mean, they've said to us they would rather her be in the care of the one family she's she's ever known and loved, and they'd rather go back to the kennel.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, Pallace, thanks for chatting to Lisa and I. We will stay on on them. We are aware of the lawyer that's representing you, and we thank you and good luck to you.
Speaker 31: Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: That's just an extraordinary I thought that was a point, absolutely, And when you consider the number, the shee volume of dogs and animals in general that are in rescues at the moment, and on the surface of it, obviously we've not heard the other side from Swan Animal Haven. But on the surface of it, it appears that they're simply relocating and want to take the dog, because that's that's the other thing. So many people relocate at the moment and bring the dogs to a rescue.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yeah, an expensive palace and partner, and he's the air Force. It's not like there. Yeah, he's leaving for legitimate reasons. And I don't know I have We had cole Blanche on this morning and I was pretty pleased to know. I'm always pleased with his interpretation of what police are doing and how they're spent expending their resources. But five coppers seems like a lot. And unless you worry that dog's going to be dangerous. But I don't know that an eight month kelby would be.
Speaker 5: No, it's an interesting one. I would be interested to see how this sum pled.
Speaker 1: I think Gary had said, my predecessor has looked at.
Speaker 11: I do understand that this this animal shelter was involved in attempting to take back another dog that was adopted maybe last year, potentially the previous year, you know, claiming that that a dog was sleeping outside the owner April last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, similar situations. So they tried to say Oakley back from a lady called Tanya Wilson, who's spoke to spoke to this show, spoke to gas way back then. Yes, so they you know, I guess they're trying to do the right thing and look after the animals, which is which is which is good? But shook. Yeah, I mean that's Palace's view of events. That's one side of the story. What do you think? Listeners one, double three A D two. Lisa Barnes is with us today, seventeen minutes past eleven. Back in a second. Thanks for your thoughts. You're welcome to finding Lisa Barnes's with us. It's that time of the week, one of our favorite times of the week. Pause is how do they find out about the couple leaving the state? I reckon Palace is probably told them.
Speaker 5: It sounds like they were opening upfront about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right, Paul there maybe don't tell well.
Speaker 11: I mean they were negotiating when she said, they came back with a bunch of terms and it sounds like they wanted I just don't understand why the dog needs to stay for another three months.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't either. I don't know. It is a little it is young, it's only eight months old. But surely you know in two months. And this is obviously Pallas's version of events. A swan animal having the history of over the top behavior, says Grant. Thank you, mate. Rob says, why the hell are the police rocking up? This is civil matter. This rescued mod need to put under the microscope, says Rob. Perhaps you could talk to want animal Haven on this matter, says Zo. You've got a theory on that, don't you. They don't don't talk well.
Speaker 5: I know last time.
Speaker 11: The story that we were referencing in April last year, Gary tried very hard. Gary had said, Finn tried very hard to get them on the program, and they didn't come to ground, come to the party.
Speaker 1: What's he doing these days? Greg's a phone in. This is madness. Animal Haven needs have a good hard look at themselves. Get them on the blower five police spending taxpace money wisely? Hello, Hello, says Greg. Hit an agenda by someone in house who wants the dog, says Paul. Where's the compassion? How bloody minded? Says Brian. Thanks Brian, another runner this has noted. This was a story last year on this very program with old what's his name? With old mate? Hello old mate, if you're listening, twenty two past eleven.
Speaker 13: Get a rod, Hello, Simon.
Speaker 7: I'm a bit shaken up what I saw about about ten. It was on the in Crimea Street. Two young children I just not quite good on the footpath and I would have been doing a good thirty kloms an hour and then but the worst. Pretty at least they were safe. But then they decided to cross cry a busy street like Crimea Street down near Banara Road in Morley. You'd know the intersection, yep. And one of them crossed the road dangerously managed to got across, thank goodness safety. And then the other one tried tried to cross and then dipped him so he couldn't cross. So he had looked, he made it already crossed. So then a few seconds later he crossed the other one to join his mate and he got dipped and he got across. Safety would have been under fourteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so you were driving there on east scooter as are they mate.
Speaker 24: I wasn't driving, mate, I was walking.
Speaker 1: You're walking okay? Sorry, all right, Rod. And so it's shaking you up because you reckon they went close to being.
Speaker 24: His Absolutely, you're right across Krimea Street. Well, you know that's a very busy intersection right near Banara Road, about one hundred meters on the more we drive side of.
Speaker 1: Not well was here because you know, right what color were the scooters? Were they City of Sterling high scooters or their black ones black?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Private? Yeah?
Speaker 7: They did.
Speaker 24: They were wearing helmets.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right mate, Thanks Rod. Sorry you had with a shake up there. That's it's been been one of our topics of the past couple of weeks, Lisa. And unfortunately, sadly we saw a fatality on Saturday night in the city.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely tragic. Your heart just breaks for the family. That just horrific circumstances.
Speaker 1: We have talked to Cole Blanche today. They're running a police operation in the city this weekend. City of Perth called the high scooters City Vincent have pulled their high scooters. These are run by Beam and by Neuron, the blue purple ones and the orange ones. You would have seen them outside six pr les. This is so that there's probably some issues of insurance, compensation, potential liabilities around all of that, but are difficulty in policing them and very different to privately owned scooters, which often seem we see them when they're souped up.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Look, it is an interesting one, and I think it's one where again regulation and even you know, sort of compliance and things probably hasn't is trying to catch up with a technology that's well and truly here and being used. The other thing that I would like to see more compliance around is the use of mobile phones while people are using e scooters. As a runner, I have been almost cleaned up by people on e scooters because they're doing something on their phone. Yeah, well, okay, so that needs to be part of the conversation as well. Would absolutely would be illegal, and so we need And again I think there is different conversations around people using private scooters versus the behavior of some people on higher scooters, but certainly I do think we need more education around e scooters in general. I know if I were to go out and buy one tomorrow, I couldn't tell you, Simon where I'm allowed to ride it.
Speaker 5: Am I allowed on a shared path? Am I allowed on a footpath?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 5: When am I allowed on the road?
Speaker 1: How fast?
Speaker 5: How fast?
Speaker 11: And so there probably does need to be some greater educational awareness around who has right of way, for example, when people are on e scooters and things like that, because they are a legitimate form of transport. And yeah, as I say, as a runner, I've certainly had near missus where I've had to move out of the way. As a as a motorist, I'm very conscious when I'm driving in the city or you know, busy inner suburban areas that they're probably around.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this earlier this morning. I left work yesterday Lisa went up Bennett Street. Two blokes went past me to no helmets, pillion on a scooter on the road, went straight through the intersection down there in Claysbrook, straight through the next intersection and then went past through the East East Parade intersections down down towards the cycle way to head out towards Guilford. So that was yesterday, and I left here at two o'clock and they were going quick. Yeah, that was that was a hotted up scooter just middle of the day in the wet right one three good ay Todd bebe.
Speaker 3: Bowie, Well thanks for taking my call. I just listening to the story with the lady and the dog just Vegas boyes makes me hopping mad.
Speaker 20: My.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday, my daughter had her car broken into windows smashed sully one left her handbag on the floor in the car. Yep, it had her Apple brand new Apple buds were in the handbag. So she cracked the earbuds to a house in Hamilton Hill nice what do they call it? Government funded housing? And she rang the police and the police said, sorry, love, we're too busy. You can't help you.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I know you're going to say, how come five cocks you go to pick up a dog? Mm hmm, yeah, I don't. I don't have Yeah, I don't have the answer to that. So what was the outcome?
Speaker 3: And well, listen, we went back there. We went back there. Sorry to cut you off. We went back there on Wednesday night in the rain, and basically she went to the door. I stood guard and she the lady answered the door, and she said, my daughter said to her, my earbuds have been tracked to this house and my car got broken into and I'm waiting here for the and the lady went inside, got the earbuds and gave them to Jet.
Speaker 2: And we left.
Speaker 3: Is a gusty eight year old.
Speaker 19: Look, I was with her.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't let her go on her own.
Speaker 33: But yeah, yeah, yeah, that's not a recommended course of action. It's wow, Yeah, it's a look good, really good point.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 1: I hear the complained a lot, and we'll come back to you Todd that we don't see enough police on the road. I do because I live near a cop shop. I see heaps, way too many for my liking. But it's yeah, we are hearing it. Don't see enough? Do you see coppers?
Speaker 5: I see a lot of police officers, but I have to drive on highways.
Speaker 34: Yeah, yeah, I see that a lot.
Speaker 11: And look to be fair to the police in this instance, we don't know sort of what was said when they were asked to you know, when they were tasked to this job. You made the point, maybe they were told it was a dangerous drug. We don't actually no, So I think we need to be fair there. But I can't understand where people's frustration lies.
Speaker 1: So back to you what was there? Did she say anything to She said, no, he's a bag, see you later.
Speaker 18: No, no, no bag.
Speaker 3: My daughter's a bit. The daughter's a bit heartbroken because she had a uh, Jane Austen book in her bag that was given to her by someone special and had had something nice written inside it. The book is gone, the bag is gone, but she got a boats back.
Speaker 1: So without laboring the point, have you followed up further with you know what.
Speaker 19: I'm busy.
Speaker 3: I'm busy. I sort of haven't had the chance to and and look at nell fairness to them. I spoke to one of the local coppers at Coburn Central because we live in Gendercott. He was, he was, you know, apologetic, very helpful.
Speaker 23: Yea.
Speaker 3: Is it worth checking up?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, I don't know if it is, mate, But you know, if you can get that Jane Austen book back, you know, maybe, yeah, maybe that that's worth it. Hey, mate, thanks for calling. We'll done to you. Good good parenting there, I think heapbuster twenty nine and a half minutes to mid. I don't know what I do. There's can you track air buds?
Speaker 13: Can you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Yeah?
Speaker 11: A lot of Apple devices you can track these days, and so they sort of turn up as long as you've got the setting turned on. But I have heard of that people do, you know, track their iPads and headphones and if you put an air tag, for example, in your bag, you'll be able to track where your bag is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks Todd, thanks for your thoughts. So one level three eight eighty two will come back. We'll listen to some of the comments we have heard on some of the biggest stories of the week and see what Lisa things. We're going to talk to a guy called Marcus Arnold. He's a Perth bloke. He's got a four hundred k solo crossing around Greenland's Milne Island. We'll have a chat to him in just a moment. And amazing photographs come out of Albany, Lisa. They've had some masses swells down there and all these shells have been washed up on the beach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 1: I'll ask you the question, what have you found.
Speaker 5: I've got a good one, I really do.
Speaker 1: I've got a good one. So we'll be back in a sec twenty eight and a half minutes to midday.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: We thoughts today at Barnsi were still running the pole. Should we be told why the Combat Sports Commission knock back the BKFC.
Speaker 11: Theeses are forty seven at the moment and the nose are nineteen.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know why?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think we should know why. I think knocked it back. It's an interesting discussion. I've got a whole list of points we could go through.
Speaker 1: All right, we can absolutely do that. Check out our Facebook page on the six of our Facebook book page and incredible photos from Middleton Beach, which is a beautiful beach down in Albany, of millions of shells.
Speaker 5: It's stunning.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm assuming those shells aren't normally there.
Speaker 5: I don't know what Middleton Beach ordinarily.
Speaker 1: Look, you normally sand and seaweed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 11: It's just incredible what the ocean can throw upicularly in those sort of big swell situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so have a look. Thanks to Tony, our commander in chief of social media operations. She's put it on Facebook. Thanks Tone. Yeah, go and have a little what have you found on the beach?
Speaker 11: So when I lived in Savantes many moons ago as a child, there was a ship carrying do you remember Taso's. So they're a little round disc and you would stuck them up in a tower and you would get a disc that was a bit thicker and you would you know, kind of they are a game essentially. They were very popular when I was a child, so you know, growing up in the nineties, and they could be very expensive. Well, a container ship of some description lost an entire container full of these tasos and they washed up on Savante's Beach for months at a time and you would walk along and you.
Speaker 5: Would find these little cylinders of them.
Speaker 11: And we got, you know, the entire child population of Savantes and had entire collections of these tasos.
Speaker 5: It was incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is incredible. I still want the like Jinger kind of thing.
Speaker 11: They're like little round discs, like made out of cardboard and they would have you know, like different characters on them, and there would be say one hundred in a set. Some of them would be kind of like football cards, I guess, but they're just small round discs. I having moved house from Ellenbrook to Chittering recently, I found my collection of Taso's from my days in Savantes and I google on eBay what they'd be worth these days, and an entire set worth about forty bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard of them. One three two? What have you found on the beach? Lisa? Here is my exhibit. This is what I found on the beach funnies. Yeah, so they're Tommy, Oh, Tommy, he'll figure some sunny's I found at Sorrento Beach.
Speaker 5: Do you wear them?
Speaker 1: I cleaned them up. I don't wear them.
Speaker 5: They are too small for your head.
Speaker 1: That's a head issue. That's not the sunglasses. That's what the beach normally looks like. So that's up on our screen. There's the Christine Blue Bay of Middleton, but the shells are washed up on mass What have you found on the beach, folks? One? Double three?
Speaker 5: You can't keep wearing those sunnies.
Speaker 1: If I can and get a smaller head, yeah, that's not happening. Can you get you get big sonnies.
Speaker 5: You can get much, but I think they might be child sonnies. Bowie, No, they're not. They are small, they're not.
Speaker 1: You're the first, but you're high high standards sunglasses.
Speaker 5: You have to get sunglasses that suit suit your face.
Speaker 1: And you before wow, well your Sunday's one Level three I hated two. What have you found at the beach? Speak to Marcus Arnold in just a moment. This bloke's amazing. He've got a thirty day, four hundred k trip around Greenland's Milne Island. Marcus will be join barnsy nine just a second. What have you found on the beach? Barbara? Barbara?
Speaker 31: Hi, how are you? We've found some of those tangos too.
Speaker 35: But we were in Kelbarry on a holiday.
Speaker 5: Oh was it was it, you know, in the nineties at some point Barbara.
Speaker 28: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yep, same container ship.
Speaker 13: So it was.
Speaker 18: It was a container that went over and we were walking along them and the kids were just absolutely wrapped.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 5: I didn't thank you, Barbara, I didn't. They went that far up. That's incredible. That's just made my day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool, isn't it. Were they damaged?
Speaker 11: They were immaculate, immaculate condition. Every now and then you would get a container that had sort of been busted open and they might be a bit wet, but because they were in these cylinder kind of really air tight sealed containers, they just washed up and they were fantastic on the inside on Barbara.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much recording what have you found on the beach folks? Twenty minutes to twelve, Marcus Arnold joins us. Now he's got a big attempt coming up, a big, a big trip. This will be in March of next year. Marcus at Simon and Lisa Barnes.
Speaker 15: How are you Simon?
Speaker 30: Lisa very well thinks so you got yeah good.
Speaker 1: I've seen the like a flyover, I've seen your video this. You're basically on the on the ice, aren't you. You're on the on frozen water and you' attempting to get around Greenland's Milne Island.
Speaker 3: Why there, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 30: So I actually sailed that exact route last year, obviously in the summer, and absolutely fell in love with that region and thought this would be a really cool thing to do in winter when it's completely frozen. So doing the same route. But yeah, the ocean will be frozen.
Speaker 5: When I do it, And there's a message attached to it, isn't it.
Speaker 18: There is?
Speaker 30: Yeah, So I think the expedition that I'm doing is quite symbolic in a lot of ways. So you know, it's a solo expedition. I'll be completely alone. I'll be very isolated. You know, support won't really be there, and it's going to be extremely challenging. And I think that that's pretty symbolic for a lot of the mental health battles that a lot of people are going through on a day to day basis. And you know, one of my goals for this expedition is to raise money for an organization that does some amazing work in the cyde prevention space, particularly in the construction industry, which is the industry that I work in. What's it call, mate, it's Mates in Construction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Mates in Construction. We'll keep tabs of it as you go, mate, So stay in touch with us because it's a ways off, so you'll need to remind us and we need to remind our listeners.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 1: So this is sub sub zero conditions, so arctic conditions. You'll be towing all of your kit with you, camping on the sea ice which you have stiled around, and you've got to husky with.
Speaker 7: You, have you?
Speaker 30: Yeah, taking a husky with me, mostly for polar bear protection, to be honest, and probably a bit of companionship. Being completely alone for thirty days or test my limits for sure. But yeah, apparently polar bears don't like huski soo much, which is great for me. Hopefully that brings true when I'm actually out there, it's probably hopefully.
Speaker 35: There you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you talk about it, it will be challenging.
Speaker 11: I mean it's it's going to be challenging physically, but as you mentioned, thirty days out there on your own, it's going to be challenging mentally as well, isn't it.
Speaker 30: Absolutely. I think the mental challenge will be the hardest part of it, you know, being alone and feeling isolated, and you know, I will be terrified at certain times for sure, particularly if I'm bunking down in a storm and can't really go anywhere, or you know, even in the dark knights. It's going to be scary.
Speaker 1: Is it a known route for people to undertake?
Speaker 30: I don't think anyone has done it in the winter before, so it's relatively common for people to sail through there in the summer, but I don't think anyone has done this route as a winter expedition.
Speaker 1: So listeners is if you missed it earlier. This is Greenland's Milne Island. Marcus has sailed through. It's on a beautiful summer's day when it's an aquatic environment, but it's going to be it's going to be snow. So what chroms do you take with you? Marcus.
Speaker 30: I'm going to have a garment in reach so i can text via satellite on that, and I'll have a personal location beacon, so I flicked switch on that basically in Deper and a SAT phone as well, but I'll probably only have very limited minutes on the SAT phone just for absolute emergencies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, And how.
Speaker 5: Do you train for an expedition like this? We don't have much ice around here.
Speaker 19: Yeah, look, Perth.
Speaker 30: Isn't a great place to train for an Arctic expedition, but doing what I can. I've got got a harness that I'll be using for my sled, but I'm towing tires on the beach. So if you have a see a crazy person at Scarborough walking up and down the beach towing tires, that's probably me. But probably the most important training that I'm doing will be immediately beforehand in Norway, so the whole expedition is on skis, but I've never never set foot in skis before in my life. So first point of call is learning how to ski in Norway?
Speaker 1: Ye need some you might you might need that skill, some band aids, blister packer, Marcus. Where do where do you get the husky from?
Speaker 30: Take it with you the Yeah, so the rd's already in Greenland. There's a very small local Inuit community, and yeah, the husky will effectively be be loaned from one of the local residents.
Speaker 11: Cool and what kind of conversations are you hoping to spark I guess between now and your trek, but also in the wake of it as well.
Speaker 30: Look, I've been completely candid. I've had my own mental health journey and if you'd asked me a couple of years ago, if I ever thought I'd be capable of doing something like this, whilst it's always been a dream of mine, you know, I would have said, there's absolutely no way that that's going to happen. And I really hope that by sharing my story and the journey that I went through, going from you hardly being able to get out of bed in the morning to achieving something like this, I can inspire someone else who might be in that dark, cold place feeling very alone, you know, to seek support talk to their mates, get in touch with mates, construction and you know, if it helps one person get the right help, then that's that's.
Speaker 3: A win for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've had the organization on the show before Mark because it's a it's a really good cause. Good luck to you. Is there a wife, kids, family, loved ones back here.
Speaker 30: I've got some them with you. But yeah, no single doing my own things.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, no reges. But that's why I asked about the club. Your mum's Yeah it is. Hey, make good luck. We'll stay in touch, hey, and we'll see if we were able to keep in contact with you. Make in constructions the cause world until it's a noble cause, and and good luck with it all.
Speaker 30: Thank you very much, really appreciate you having me.
Speaker 1: Michaeus Arnold.
Speaker 5: Not bad, eh, it's incredible.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's just a really good and again like the journey itself and that the expedition itself I think is incredible. But it's the conversations that he will have between now and then and obviously in the wake of that, that I think will be most important, particularly for people who are struggling. I really like the metaphors that he was sort of alluding to there about being in a cold, dark place.
Speaker 1: So yeah, good, I don't anything that's true that huskies and polar bears don't get on.
Speaker 5: He's about to find out, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 21: That up.
Speaker 1: We need want to test that if anyone has everyone knows anything about huskies? Have you got a husky? I? Have you read that about them? That they don't like that, polar bears don't like in them, are scared of them. We'll come back in just a moment plenty to talk about with Lisa, will look at some of the things we have learned this week and follow up on our yes no questions of the five days proceeding. If you want to call in you can. It's fourteen minutes to twelve. The number is one, double three, eight eighty two. Chris Murphy will join us after midday today with Mersey Magical Mystery Tour. We'll find out what he's got planned for us today.
Speaker 27: Get a Tammy, Hi, Simon, how are you going?
Speaker 1: Going well?
Speaker 11: Good? On?
Speaker 31: Laser's with you?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure is hi?
Speaker 29: Hi?
Speaker 27: Lisa? Look this being uncle fighting thing. Back in December of twenty twenty three, I was at my dad's clearing sail out in the Wheat Belt and one of the blokes that I grew up with there told me that his sister was in talks with the state government at the time to head this up, and she said that she was had on good authority that it was going to be going ahead and it was in the bagh.
Speaker 1: Tammy, what time of year was that, mid.
Speaker 27: December twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, and that you reckon that she was legit, Tammy. You'd take her on.
Speaker 27: Face failure, absolutely, and it was. And the book I was talking to said, you know, I can't believe it's going to come to the state, but it's pretty much in the bag. You've been having talks with the state government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Tammy, you know again, applaud it's to my colleague Jamie Burnett. He did the story on the Weekend show. He'd spotted that the legislation regulation has been changed with Dave Templeman February, so we do get a sense that it was has come in by stealth. I'd given up on Wednesday when the tickets went on, Solo thought what's going to happen? So, Tammy, it looks like it was in the offering for a while.
Speaker 27: Hey, hey, I believe so, And there's I know these people quite well so that it wouldn't have been made up at the time. And it's just interesting. It was that long ago. I'd completely forgotten about it until all this came out in the last couple of months.
Speaker 1: Tammy, where do I put you on our poll? Would you like to know why the Combat Sports Commission knocked or back it? Well? Yes or no? Or do you not care?
Speaker 27: Well, it's our taxpayers money. Of course we should right absolutely, I'll.
Speaker 1: Put you in the yeses. Hey, Tammy, thanks for contacting us.
Speaker 21: Thanks Simon, cheers, take care.
Speaker 1: Forty eight yeses and nineteen knows spoke to Cole Blanche. Commissioner Cole Blanch earlier Lisa about the ben nuckle fighting. So there's nine people on the commission. Bob Kachier is one of them. He's the chair, Anthony Grover, who is a ripping bloke. He is on there as a representative of the government. He's the executive director of the Combat Sports Commission, one cop, one doctor, and the whole pile of other community people. The Commissioner was very upfront this morning about what he told his rep to say and do on the Combat Sports Commission.
Speaker 7: I probably share way too much information, Simon, but I think that's my job as Police Commissioner to be very transparent from a policing perspective as to what the Commission should do. I'll leave that for the Commission and the commission head to make those decisions. But I can tell you the police representative and the police position is to not let it go ahead. Now that is our position, and I'm happy to publicly say that, And there are a number of reasons. We are an organization that is concerned as we should be. We're a public service who wants to make sure community safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We think the characters involved, in particular some of the fighters' names that were put forward, I would say there are people that are not good repute, of not good character, and that was our first position. But also we know that some of these events create a lot of flow on issues for the public, the community and behavioral issues where they're held, and we put those community safety issues forward. Now we are one of nine, so there is eight other view so we can't win on that boat, but the positions of others are for others to say, but I can certainly tell you the position of WA police.
Speaker 1: Was in the pretty upfront.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely still don't know why, but hopefully I don't know. Maybe other people felt the same on the commission Lida Barnes thoughts.
Speaker 11: Look, I do think that we should know why why it was knocked back because I would like to know. And I'm going to take the emotion right out of this sumon because I'm not invested in this sport. I wouldn't watch it any day of the week, but then I wouldn't watch boxing and I wouldn't watch UFC.
Speaker 5: But I want to know what the.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I guess what standard are we setting by knocking it back? So are we knocking it back based on medical advice? And if so, then I think we have to apply that same medical advice to other sports. I mean, you know, boxing, UFC, they also have the same risks. In fact, I understand that gloved boxing has higher rates of concussion. Are we knocking it back because of concerns around you? Again, those flow on effects, as we heard the police commissioner say. If so, then I think we need to look at other sports because there are other flow on effects from other sports as well. So I would like to know are we knocking it back based on specific advice or are we knocking it back because it doesn't look good and it makes people feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yep, community backlash. There is a doctor on the committee as well, the quality of the contestants, all of this community backlash. I raised the question this morning, do you think there's any political tapping on the shoulder A minister? Safiotti, as a sports minister, is very clear that's not the case. Is a process, we're staying out of it, and both the Premier and reta run around today so directly got a tap on the shoulder. I'm a nuh on that.
Speaker 5: I don't think they did.
Speaker 11: But again I would like to know what the reasoning is behind it, because I think if that reasoning is being applied to this particular event, then we need to be consistent and apply that reasoning every.
Speaker 1: Time they ad someone brings an event to Perth. All right, well done, Lisa. Lisa's last word. We'll come back to that in just a moment. We'll rip through the yes nose of this week. Thanks for listening in Merph not far away. Let's go through the yes nos of the week, and we'll get Lisa Barnes's last word. Of course, we still have one live, which is do you think we need to know why the Combat Sports Commission no back the BKFC. Yesterday's a yes no, Lisa, was the is a Nick Campos sentencing too lenients?
Speaker 5: The yes is one that with sixty two and the nose were nine.
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 5: I think the only opinion that matters is the opinion of Nick Campo's family on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, well said yes no. On Wednesday, should the government refuse the BKFC booking at rac Arena?
Speaker 5: The yeses were seventy four, the nose were thirty nine. I would be a no.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right happened. Anyone just came through from an I thought it was done and dusted. But there we go, yes or no. On Tuesdays the tap order again, any good at your play?
Speaker 11: Yes, there's fifty nine, the nose with fifty one. I am not connected to the scheme and the rainwater it takes so good.
Speaker 1: Remo Primo Deluxe and Window and Monday and Monday's question was is on Wada is Wa the best place to live in the world?
Speaker 11: Yes, as We're fifty four, the nose were twenty eight. Let's make it fifty five. It absolutely is the best place to live.
Speaker 21: In the world.
Speaker 1: All right, great to have you. We're lucky to have your Barnes in. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: Thanks Bo, We thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a good weekend, Lisa Barnes. Chris Murphy up next with Murph's Magical Mystery Tour. MERT's Magical Mystery to rolls z on and he joins in the studio. Now geta Chris good.
Speaker 34: A Simon Beaumont, how are you?
Speaker 21: I'm so good?
Speaker 1: How's Grant going out at Grant's cast A sixty one Russell.
Speaker 34: Street've been spoken to him in a little while, which is poor form for me because he's a friend of mine and he's a great guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Obe's listing. I'm sure he is. Hollo Grant.
Speaker 34: Good on your mates and putting car stereos in and Ma Matt nevs you'll like clever stuff that people do. Neves, you can't say it either, Sa Sa Sat something.
Speaker 1: Grant's car Stereo sixty one Russell Street, Morley, Thanks Grant, thanks for being part of it, Thanks for looking after Murph and I and our listeners. What we do each week is we come up with a musical topic. Chris loves this one today. It was back in that it was on this day in nineteen sixty nine that Billy Preston played keyboards on this song.
Speaker 34: Jujus thought it was an owner, but we could.
Speaker 36: June Julisson Arizona.
Speaker 1: You know how good get Back? I reckon. I was six, We're about to leave England the flight to Australia, and I saw that on a little TV yeah video on top of the film clip. So yeah, that's our question. Though cameos should.
Speaker 34: Have played a little bit where Billy Preston is actually playing. Yeah, it's amazing keyboard solo.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, James, Now is that on the studio version?
Speaker 34: It's on every single VERSI yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, do you want to keep them? Get James to look for it. He's very good. I did well.
Speaker 34: I mean, you brought it up.
Speaker 1: It's pretty spectacular.
Speaker 34: I could listen to the whole song, to be honest, you know, I know you could.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 21: So so good.
Speaker 34: In fact, that for the first and I think only time, the Beatles on the single for Get Back has the Beatles and then in Brackets featuring Billy Preston, does it. That's how much they regarded that as a as a plus for the song.
Speaker 1: I know the answer this question. I'm going to ask arks it anyway?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 34: Anyway, piano Chris, I do play a little bit of Yeah I do actually, but very good, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: You play a lot of things. Stop, but you play a lot of things. He died on this day, ninety six ninety Do you play keys? And get back so we are listeners, join in. That's what this session is all about. Grant's Grant wants to hear from your mirth, wants to hear from you. I want from your cameos. Camp Yeah, cameos, little appearances. I love this stuff.
Speaker 34: Honestly, It's like the little easter eggs and movies. I'm like, yeah, yeah, pulling them out and go did you know that there? And some of them when you know you can never hear it any different, you know what I mean? Which is one of mine today.
Speaker 1: One double three atty two little cameos, little easter eggs, if you will, Musical East rings in songs where people have turned up, MERV has his top five of all time one double three eight atty two, we would love to hear from you kick us off, please murf.
Speaker 34: Okay, my number five is a pretty obvious one, and John Nichols will probably be mad that I got to choose it. But Eric Clapton plays the lead guitar solo on my Guitar gently weeps. The story behind it is that George was getting a little bit of pushback from the other guys in the band over his songs, because really, up until about that era, his songs are okay. I mean, of course they're spectacular, but in compared to Leonard and McCartney. So he thought, I'll get Eric in because then everyone will be on their best behavior and and a bit more enthusiasm for the song.
Speaker 1: And he plays a blinder.
Speaker 34: But because he was signed to another record label, they couldn't put Eric Clapton on guitar on the on the credit, so for a lot of years no one really knew that that was him, and George was getting a lot of people in what.
Speaker 1: Album it's on?
Speaker 34: The White album of nineteen sixty eight, and yeah, by then their friendship was pretty good, of course until Eric stole his wife, but they still managed to stay friends after that as well.
Speaker 1: Here it is number five from Murph Merch Magical Mystery Tour Cameos. George guests too, isn't it. It's a bless solo.
Speaker 34: Well, a lot of people didn't like I said, didn't know for a long time, and would say I love your guitar playing on my guitar Jentieweeds, which is unfortunate for poor Georgie. Well, actually that's a a Clapton. Yeah, because he had another song called Taxman and Paul did the guitar solo on it. I think George was struggling.
Speaker 1: For said why don't you do it? Like this's George and Georgia.
Speaker 34: Why don't you play yourself and Paul? And he does so he goes, George, I love your solo and tackle Actually that's Paul.
Speaker 1: Shut up zo that. I spoke to Chris Murphy the Color Under Garden Vessel on Sunday morning. Awesome band playing Beatles, classic music. He's very good live Zeno, absolutely no doubt about that. I'll just if we can get there. Thank you Gang your favorite little cameos listeners one double three A eighty two chantel, How are you?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 27: How are you?
Speaker 29: Boie?
Speaker 1: Good? Thank you? What have you got for us?
Speaker 29: That's good. I've got Beata van Halen does the cameo.
Speaker 34: It's a good one, Chantelle. It was my number two today, so I put a spare number two in because I anticipated this little, this little hiccup in I in my so thanks Chantelle. I knew, and I didn't think it would be this early in the show, but.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 35: It is.
Speaker 34: It's fantastic and one of those things when I was a kid, I didn't know that it was Eddie van Halen. I mean, it's pretty obvious now when you hear it, but once again, wasn't credited. It was just a cameo. I can't remember how it happened, but he was would you put a bit, Eddie? And he put this blinder of a so shoa, we have a listen.
Speaker 1: Yep. It's good. It's a clash of worlds and it's just funny to me.
Speaker 34: It's like to me that guitar solo is somebody in a conversation asking a rational question and then somebody else going sometimes I know, do you know what I mean? That's exactly what it's like.
Speaker 1: I've got this Dad Dan Dan d beat it, beat it now.
Speaker 34: You do a solo, Okay, it's like, did he hear the song first or did he just play a solo blanket and then send it to it?
Speaker 1: But see if you could put that in a song somewhere back in the day, back in those days, did they send stuff or did you need to be in the studio with the dude.
Speaker 34: I've actually watched a YouTube thing where no, he did do it separately and they liked them, believe it, And they liked the solo so much they had to rebuild the track around his solo. It's Steve Lucatha because he plays the other guitars and ahow, you can't all that stuff him with Rick Byardo and he talks about how Jeff Paccaro had to come in and redo the drums too. It was building this track around the fact that they had a guitar solo from Eddievan Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool, very good at this world on Chantell.
Speaker 34: Yeah, nice one, Chantel Lucky. I had a spare number two, well done. Yes, it's not the first time I've said that he's.
Speaker 1: Going to make guitar noises with his mouth. Yes, he years. We got the one sixteen minutes past twelve thanks to Grant's Cast Stereo, where we've got Mrs Magical Mystery Tour back in the moment Mers Magical Mystery Tour rolls on for Grant's Cast Stereo asked Ground about his dash cameras for security and vehicle tracking sixty one Russell Street, Morley Paula's phone, never after the little cameos in songs good.
Speaker 28: I Poorly, Yeah, Happy Friday Boys, my favorite segment and sixty.
Speaker 25: R of all time.
Speaker 1: This is so thank you, legend, thank you, thanks.
Speaker 28: Even even tops Shannon Lush, what's what's the chances well done? I just say, hey, yeah, Money for Nothing by dia Strates has sting saying I want my MTV, which apparently was a bit of a secret for a long time. No doubt you boys know this already.
Speaker 34: But yeah, it was going to make my list. But I anticipated someone like you Poorly being on the money and parallel lists. Yeah, parallel lists, Yeah, absolutely, And he just happened to be in Monsterrat at the time that Diastrates were recording, because I think Mark Knopfler was talking to the engineer saying, you know, I've got this part. It'd be great. You know, I'll take a little bit of the melody from Sting song and it don't stand so Don't Stand So Close to Me? Oh well, MTV, this would be great if I had Sting and one of the roadies or something is that, Well, he's here, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: He's here?
Speaker 34: He loves to come to monstrat to do windsurfing, so we'll get him up here. Then so Sting came and they had dinner and then just sing this one part Wow and this is what it sounds like. It comes back in at the end of the song as well. It re enters as a That's why the song's got the songwriting credits is Mark Knopfler and Sting because the melody that he's singing here isn't Mark. It's from that Police song Don't Stand So Close, Dons Dance song, blood still what I'm Paulie?
Speaker 1: What on mirth? What's that? Thank you? Nice little cameo? Gooday, tony, Oh gooday.
Speaker 26: Guys, love your show.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 26: This is a classic one by a guy called Bobby Darren, and I think that came out in nineteen fifty eight or fifty nine, I think wow. But he has a song called dream Lover and The piano player who actually planned on it was Nilsa Daka.
Speaker 34: Very cool.
Speaker 26: Wow, Poor Nilsa Daka became the popular nil Sa Daka that we know. I believe he used to do some session work or you know, write song to play songs for other people. But yeah, particularly that song there. It was quite a big hit for Bobby dar anyway, throw.
Speaker 1: That thanks Tony.
Speaker 34: Very nice work, Tony.
Speaker 8: Girl in.
Speaker 1: All the magic of the charms cause over.
Speaker 37: Girl, dream Lover, so I don't have to dream a nice don't tell anyone, but I actually love all that cheesy fifty stuff.
Speaker 34: Yeah, I mean I would like it to get out ruin my reputation.
Speaker 1: But I love all that the hard rocking Christmas. You know likes dream Lover by Bobby Darren. I do, though explicably I'm not sure about Jim Morrison, but.
Speaker 34: Dream Lover because I don't want to dream alone.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can hear just here, I can hear Jim Morrison open. You don't get struck by lighting when you're doing that.
Speaker 34: The Gods of the Doors.
Speaker 1: Got a number four for us. Number four cameo on your Parallel list.
Speaker 34: My number four I discovered reasonably late in my life. Which is a little embarrassing. I probably didn't need to tell you and you wouldn't have known. But Carlie Simon's You're so vain if you listen very closely. Once again, I think I was saying off he that once you hear it, you can never unhear it. Mick Jagger is on on he is you know he is on backing vocals and you can yeah tell them, but I've let it. Once you hear it, you can't unhear it. Carly Simon uncredited, unfeatured sort of thing. Mick Jagger on BB's check this out. That's him. That's him, mate, Wow, you can't unhear it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 21: Never knew that.
Speaker 36: I know.
Speaker 34: It's cool, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that this is fun. This is really fun. Book in another hour, can we get chuck at your wife listening? She is, as she said, in any suggestion Dragons.
Speaker 34: She did have a suggestion, which I thought was quite hilarious. I might have waited for her to phone in, but instead I'll just tell you she said that she likes her Will Ferrell's cameo in The Blue Oyster Cult Don't fear the Reaper, You know the skit on Saturday and Alive is playing cow bell. Yeah, that counts as a cameo, A.
Speaker 1: Came what don't she thanks for listening Peter's phone in, Hey Peter.
Speaker 35: Hey fellows, how are you going?
Speaker 1: Good? Mate? Good?
Speaker 35: So I rang up for one, which was Oliving John in Hammerhead, but I forgot about They played the nilsa darker song. Yep, the Nils for darker song. He did a song called bad Blood and the vocals in the background of Elton John and I never picked it until someone actually told me.
Speaker 1: Oliving I've got a third one.
Speaker 35: I've got a third one.
Speaker 7: You're ready for this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Okay.
Speaker 35: The receptionist at the recording studio where.
Speaker 20: I'm not in love.
Speaker 35: It was the reception of saying big boys don't.
Speaker 1: That's good?
Speaker 34: Yeah, that's that's the true story.
Speaker 1: There's it.
Speaker 34: I mean, that is a cameo. It's not as impressive if it's just the secretary from out the front. But but the other two bangers and I'd forgotten about the Oliviy Newton John.
Speaker 1: I had an idea about this.
Speaker 34: Yeah, she's on it. And once again, once you hear it, you can't unhear it. And it's very cool. I'm just trying to remember how James Ray knew Olivia Newton John might have been a Toddy Goldsmith thing because she's the niece of That's what it is.
Speaker 1: I just I just came up and I just answered your own question. Thanks Pete. Very good O n J and James Ray Wow, Yeah, what's he here?
Speaker 34: You can't on here?
Speaker 1: How good?
Speaker 23: Do you know?
Speaker 34: Why she's doing all that singing in the background like that? Because she said, what are the lyrics? James? And he said there.
Speaker 18: She goes.
Speaker 34: You know, I'll just I'll just do some whaling stuff in the background, my head, your head, over and over.
Speaker 1: Rob says, this show is wealth of information. Yes it is. Rob, It's a lot of this is news to me. Dad said, it's unreal. Did you see that? That was unreal? That's from Mural's wedding twenty six minutes, Bars and bars Midday. We'll get to your number three in just a moment. Mirth can a Tony, Oh are you mate? Good mate? What do you have for us?
Speaker 34: Well?
Speaker 19: Movie like this one because it's very similar to the first one. But and I was disappointed when I heard this slash collaborating with MJ on album dangerous and playing on black and white and give.
Speaker 34: It to me, you know, I like that, Tony, that is a good one. What I was more disappointed about this was I already knew that information, but I, as probably most people thought for a long time that Slash is playing that with a little inning, But he's actually not. He's playing the bit in the video clips, all that rubbish at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Oh the room in the film plat yeah, yeah yeah, turn that down.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The number of out of all of these, I think we've had about ten of them so far. I've only got the sting one. This is all new to me, really, all new territory. That's it.
Speaker 34: We've come in to help your life.
Speaker 1: So to get out of the house more Ion twenty seven.
Speaker 34: We'll get back into the house more That's where us music nerds live.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Grant from Grant's car Sterreia. I hope you enjoyed today, mate. Good on you. If you want to install a NAVSAT or a man vav or, I knew you weren't going to let me get away with it it. I know that's a mat on a little screen. They help you that for Navin. Get out and go and see very good.
Speaker 34: You wanted me to sound good on this show. Look at you now, stab me in the back, Graham.
Speaker 18: Gentlemen having a lovely afternoon and sense for a great show.
Speaker 1: Thank you mate.
Speaker 18: I've been led to believe for a long long time now that the saxophone at the end of Little Reed's Walk on the World Side is played by David Bowie.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 34: I didn't know that, and if it's true, I'll be wrapped to find that information. Now, that's very cool, big.
Speaker 18: So he actually David Bowie actually produced the I'm not sure if he produced just the Soul or maybe the whole album. I'm a bit unsure of that, but yes, I'm I've led the Blue Leave all those years, and he did play the saxophone and that in that closing segment of the Soul.
Speaker 1: All right, mate, well let's thank you Graham. Lets listen. Jimmy, Jimmy the genius on the keys and may have found it for us if David Bowie played the saxophone.
Speaker 34: Phone, yeah he does. I didn't know he played it that well, but I mean I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 1: Used to hang out together, didn't they.
Speaker 34: Yeah, they were on the scene weren't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 34: I'm pretty sure Bowie played sax on one of the Mott the Hoople things. It might have been all the Young Dudes, which he wrote. Yeah, so it sends to reason.
Speaker 1: With the Wall of Sound guy and spending Specter Warhole. It was a nightclub. Yeah, there was.
Speaker 34: Fifty four Studio fifty four.
Speaker 1: Studio fifty four is the only place yeah dance, according to Australian Crawl, Thanks Graham, Well are.
Speaker 34: You sure that's what he says?
Speaker 1: Though the fine?
Speaker 34: I could have said anything, Simon, he could. I listened to six PRS on your radio station. I listened to that's what he's saying.
Speaker 1: That's what he say. Bruce will be in with the traffic in just a moment, Jeff, what do you have for us?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 32: Hi, Simon, Hi Chris. When I heard about this is a bit confused in this question. When I heard about the cameo, cameo is actually a tool to fix decking, timber dicking to screw timber decking, I thought, oh, I thought, oh yeah, my ears popped up.
Speaker 35: You can by the Green Building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's serious.
Speaker 1: You can buy at the Green Building. What's your song? Man and I you know, I asked this with with trepidation, because you can be Australian these ones. Mate, what do you have for us? Best cameos?
Speaker 32: Elton John and KICKI D don't go break in my heart?
Speaker 34: So which one's making the cameo? That jewey mhm, Kicky D, Kiki D right right right, I don't understand. You didn't, Jeffrey, you didn't understand the question at all. You didn't. I think you were too caught up with buying yourself a cameo to do some decking.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 32: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't advertise my business. I don't do that.
Speaker 32: You want something, come and see me at.
Speaker 1: Is a cameo?
Speaker 34: And yeah, yeah, I mean it's easy to do. It's easy to do. But like I was explaining to someone in the corridor that you know islands in the stream, Dolly Partner, that's it. It's a situet. No one's featuring on anyone. But thanks jeff It's always lovely.
Speaker 1: To hear your voice. It is always lovely to hear your voice.
Speaker 34: And I didn't, for one know that a cameo can help you do decking.
Speaker 1: And I like to dabble in a bit.
Speaker 34: Of decking in my spare time.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, and that's good.
Speaker 34: Police can a soft rin with that.
Speaker 1: It will come back. Murth has three to go. It is a three eight eighty two. Is the phone, Num, give us a shout. Love to hear from you. We understand. Billy Preston passed away on this day, back in the day ninety sixty nine, and he did play keyboards.
Speaker 34: On I don't think he passed away nine and sixty nine.
Speaker 1: He passedway recently, Bucky played keyboards. I'll get back in on, get back. Thank you. Let's take a break, just take pause. Let's go to our newsroom here at six PR John Nichols, good afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Simon, good afternoon.
Speaker 38: Major crime officers are looking into the death of a teenager northeast of Perth.
Speaker 2: Please say.
Speaker 38: The eighteen year old was found unresponsive at a home in Collingery the New Nausea about a quarter to nine on Monday evening. She had died at the scene. Beef producers. A push to allow the United States to export its product to Australia appears to be politically motivated. The federal government is considering easing meat import restrictions in a bid to get an exemption from American tariffs. An Australian man who spent more than four years in prison in Iraq has been released on bail. Robert Pether was arrested in twenty two twenty one is always denied charges of deception. Melmninger has been confirmed as the inaugural coach of the Perth Bears. He'll lead the NRL's eighteenth team as it prepares to enter the league in twenty twenty seven. Eighteen degrees at the Moment, six Overnight's Sonny and twenty tomorrow more news at one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, John, John. Do you have a song that has a particularly interesting cameo in it?
Speaker 2: I do, and of course there has to be a Beatles link.
Speaker 1: It has to be.
Speaker 2: And this is probably one of the Beatles' least liked songs, but I happen.
Speaker 19: To like it.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 23: I love it.
Speaker 13: It's the B.
Speaker 38: Side of Let It Be, So if you've got Let It Be, you've probably got that on the B side. Have a listen, you know my name, look up the number. It was recorded over three years in bits and pieces. They put the instrumental bits down first in sixty seven, and then John and Paul, who weren't getting on very well a few years later, just had a bit of fun, got around a microphone and did some silly voices because they are all big fans of the Goons and it's got that sort of music hall vibe. Yes, if you haven't had a listen, have a listen. They asked Brian Joe of the Rolling Stones, too nice, pop along for a session in sixty seven. Nice, And instead of a guitar, which is what they were expecting, he brought along a saxophone. He'd got a sax in the late fifties because he got into jazz at that stage, so he was a pretty ropey sax player. But as Paul McCartney says, a ropie sound is just what we were looking for, and here it is. I was pretty sure no one else is going to.
Speaker 2: Choose that way.
Speaker 1: That's rope, isn't it. I love it though, I just totally love that song. It's their personality, so, isn't it. Yes, it's there, it's their vibe. Have you heard the whole song?
Speaker 34: No? Oh, you want to listen? It's good fun. You can't possibly be remain in a bad mood if you were in one, put that track on and you'll suddenly realize I'm going to do that.
Speaker 1: Thank you lads, Thank you John.
Speaker 38: And there's a side note. If you ever want to listen to you know my name, look up the number. Don't try to get Siria to look it up for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, no end of confusion. Good guys, what's your number three?
Speaker 34: Please murth my number three. I wanted to do something a little more modern, so I've chosen a Lady Gaga song. The song is called You and I Now Lady Gaga. A lot of people will know that she named herself Gaga after the queen song Radio Gaga. She's a massive queen fan, so this track she got the great Sir Brian Harold May to play some guitar on it. It's a great song. I'm not a massive fan of Herbert stuff, to be honest, but this is one of her good songs and Brian May's on it, so featured cameo by Brian May.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, pretty good, very good and continuing our theme of stuff that I had no idea about loving.
Speaker 34: This today, I May was pretty good for cameos. I think he's on the what's that the Stroke? Is that Billy Squire? Yes, it's either him or Roger Taylor's playing the drums, but yeah, I think Brian played on some Billy Squire stuff for that. These pop up every now and then, I like somebody, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know another Billy Squire song, so I would assume it is the Stroke. Thanks to Grant's car Stereo sixty one Russell Street Morley or car stereo dot com. Do are you? Thank you Grant? Thanks for looking after Chris and I. Today we are doing little cameos in songs. Can I Brad?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Brad? Are you there? Brad? Hello? Brad? Do we have you Brad?
Speaker 34: I could pretend to be Brad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gone, Brad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I can? I loving the show?
Speaker 36: Yeah, look good cameo.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite.
Speaker 36: One is Darryl Braithwaite on Horses. The female vocals is none other than Margaret urlish By, the New Zealand singer and in the video clip they've got a model to do it, it's not actually her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, not a lot.
Speaker 36: Of people do that for quite some time, and yeah, you check it out.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well that's great, mate, I actually did know that information.
Speaker 34: And sadly Margaret Early it's no longer with us, but yeah, she does the amazing vocals on Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought, what a great vocal. It's made my day. I reckon, I've got one for you. You might not know, Okay. I don't normally intervene on these things, so I just want to let you do your thing. You've got that, have you, Jimmy? Yeah, ready, haven't listened to this chorus and the backing and the BVS backing vocals on this song. Okay, hopefully they'll kick in soon.
Speaker 29: Close the door.
Speaker 21: You me?
Speaker 37: Oh oh, I mean it sounds like the Murphy Brothers was a little I don't think I've got it.
Speaker 1: Brian Wilson, No, Carl Wilson, no, Bruce Johnson, The Beach Boys, no, Tony Sneil. Is that true? Listen the Beach Boys? Oh wow, it is true? Son Boone, I'm bad a get out of here, you Yeah, my bad A nineteen minutes to one o'clock We here, courtesy Graham's car stereo. If you need a map, SAT or a normal shut a nom nom shut up. Grand's got a pull shelves of them.
Speaker 34: I let you say that Billy press And died in nineteen sixty nine four times before I corrected you. I say Matts have one time. We're not friends anymore?
Speaker 13: You all right?
Speaker 1: Hello Janey, Janie?
Speaker 30: Are you there?
Speaker 39: Janice?
Speaker 36: It's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hi? Who is it?
Speaker 9: Who we got?
Speaker 39: Janice?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hello Janie? Sorry Janice, we're missing a seat. What do you got for us? Janie?
Speaker 39: I've just got a whole lot of forty five records that are are still in their sleeves and everything, and I just run, you know, Elvis Presley all shook Up, and Little Darling, Moonlighters, rock and Roll, Bill Haley and It's Comets, Skyhooks, forging Ahead. I just thought i'd, you know, put my little two bombs worth in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you going to do with them? Can you play them?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 39: Yeah, I can play them, but I don't think I've played them for fifty odd years or here in my record collection, I must have about two hundred records all sorts.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 34: Have to pour yourself out a glass or something fabulous and have an afternoon of playing your old forty five's.
Speaker 39: Oh I don't drink, so only water or copper tea. But no, I just thought you might have been interested in some of that.
Speaker 1: Little Absolutely, Janie. They're very nice to hear from you.
Speaker 34: Sometimes a cup of tea can be fabulous. Yep, my would not in my lifetime, but another people's.
Speaker 1: You know, there's no good conversation ever started over a salad. Thanks, Janice, can I ted?
Speaker 25: Good afternoon, gentlemen.
Speaker 40: Look, this might be a somewhat extended cameo, but Dave's groll with Queens of the Stone Age on no one knows. There's got to be some of the finest rock drumming, and he was only with them for I think one album maybe a year, So an extended cameo if you will.
Speaker 34: Yeah, I knew that he had a bit to do with Josh hom from Stone Queens of the Stone Age or was the band them Chius then Crooked Vultures. Yeah, they formed that thing together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not surprised. Yeah, very good, James. Isn't he very lucky to have? I like it when James goes off to work in other programs and fills me with joy.
Speaker 34: Yeah, me too, It's okay, we can do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get your own, James. You're very good. Thanks Ted stoke to you about Dave.
Speaker 34: Bro Yeah, what do I feel about him?
Speaker 33: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think he's good. I think he's really good.
Speaker 34: I think he is the last of the old school rock and roll dudes that's in it for all the cool rock and roll reasons.
Speaker 1: But it's nothing pretty good band alive, isn't he. Yeah he's a chat.
Speaker 34: He seems like a card, and he seems like a good guy. I'm not necessarily in love with all his music. I've been trying for some time, recently added a food fighter song into my thing because it's necessary for what I do for a living. But it was so hard to find one that sort of matched my sensibilities.
Speaker 1: And so what have you chosen?
Speaker 34: I chose to Learn to Fly, which I know is an older song.
Speaker 1: I do might learn to Fly.
Speaker 34: I did Big Me a few years ago because people.
Speaker 36: Were going, mate, do you know any food Fighters?
Speaker 34: And so I thought I'd better have one. So I chose Big Me, which is I think is the first single, and everyone would go, I don't know this song. I've gone off for God's sake. Yeah, it's like when people ask for Van Morrison, they're asking for brown Eyed Girl. Then I just ask me for the song, because if I launch a new have I seen you know? Have I told you lately?
Speaker 9: I love you?
Speaker 36: That that's not the one I mean?
Speaker 34: Girl, Just say that, then just say that.
Speaker 1: Then this continues, cameos continues. It's quarter to one. We'll come back in a moment. Mark, stay there, mate, Tom, stay there back in the set. We've got two of Chris Murphy's to go. This is magical mystery to a thank you to Grant's car stereo in Morley one, Level three eighty two is the phone numb if you want to ring in thanks the granted grands car stereo. If you want to buy a sat Nav or a Verse parking camera, you can sixty one Russell Street More. He makes a good cup of Joe, doesn't he good cup of He does?
Speaker 34: He makes a good cup of coffee. And it's instant. I can't I don't I know that he won't mind me giving away his secret because you go this is spectacular. He guess I know it's instant.
Speaker 1: Car stereo dot com dot are you thank you Grant for looking after Murph and I today?
Speaker 19: Hi Mark, halfloon and gentlemen, how.
Speaker 1: Are we good? Mate? I like this one very much.
Speaker 9: It's the Running on Empty, which the Jackson Brown album load Out, which goes into Stay and you've got Rosemary Butler seeing the first verse of the song, and then you've got the David Linley cameo when he burst into the falsetto Yeah, I just.
Speaker 34: Got messaged from none other than Slim Jim, famous for being in Slim Jim and the Fats James. Yes, and he said Dave Linley referenced there in Yeah, absolutely, that has some great cameo.
Speaker 1: Why why is Lindley a cameo? What was he in his own rights?
Speaker 34: I was hoping one of you guys could tell.
Speaker 1: I think he was he with at the Eagles at some stage, or a single song or there? Do you know, Mark?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 1: What Dave Lindley was in his own right?
Speaker 9: Well, he was more of a sessions yeah, lap steel guitar. Yes, but he does have a couple of albums out. I've got a couple of my playlists, but I can't remember what they.
Speaker 1: Were, alright, A couple of yeah, yeah, brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Love this well done. I have a feeling.
Speaker 34: Yeah, yeah, and there it is?
Speaker 1: How good?
Speaker 21: It's great?
Speaker 1: And there's the deep voice comes in here, doesn't it. That's right? Just a little bit after that. Yeah, yeah, good album. Running on Empty.
Speaker 34: Absolutely one of his best. Have you seen Jackson Brown? Yes, in me too. I saw him at King's Park, great show, and it was like, I think the second song he did, or he might have opened with what's the big one that I love? Somebody's Baby? Yep, Somebody's Baby, and I go, I love it. I mean, most of the time these guys don't want to play their biggest hit because you know, they're too cool for school. But he goes not only my playing, I'm opening with it. That's pretty ballsy.
Speaker 1: It is my word. That was brilliant. What's his number two? Please, Chris?
Speaker 34: My number two got stolen by Chantelle earlier today, so I had a spare number two. Well, you know, you know there's a twelve year old, there's a twelve year old fighting to get out in my psyche. That's his number two. Anyway, So what I chose for my number two was Lenny Kravitz. It's from the second album he made. The track is called Always on the Run. The album is called Mama Said, and in the middle of the song it's the coolest song anyway, and if you couldn't get any cooler, he goes slash and then Slash does the guitar soloon. It sounds like this.
Speaker 1: Very good, Murph Julius is my favorite part of the show all week with Chris Murphy is so funny.
Speaker 34: Thanks, I'm not trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: Thanks supporting.
Speaker 34: I've been misunderstood.
Speaker 1: But again there's such an enjoyable, just enjoyable segment. Thanks Chrissy. Yeah, he's Julie said, yeah, everyone, everyone loves you, mate. This is good. The cameo Discovery merse man.
Speaker 34: Did you know that last one?
Speaker 1: No slash good?
Speaker 21: So good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good. He's We did multi instrumentalists the other week. He can play a lot of stuff, can't he.
Speaker 34: It was on my top. I can't remember where he came third or fourth or something. Yeah, he played well, he would have been playing drums on that bass, on that guitar on that. I think the only things he didn't do with the horns and the solo.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Tom Good Simon.
Speaker 1: Hey look.
Speaker 28: Angelo Mysterioso.
Speaker 6: You heard of him?
Speaker 34: Yes, I know who you're talking about. I'd forgotten about this, but.
Speaker 35: It's a great one.
Speaker 34: Well done.
Speaker 28: Yeah, br Badge.
Speaker 17: I'm not sure it was released as a single, but yeah.
Speaker 34: You know that George Harrison y. Yeah, very cool. And I think it's great too because the bit that's got the guitar on it with the chorus c flangy sound. Everyone thinks is George because it sounds beadily, but that's actually Eric. George is playing the stuff earlier in the song, which is very cool.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tom, really really good Tom by you, thank you. Here we go.
Speaker 34: Great song.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, very nice. So we'll get to merv's number one cameo moment in just a moment today Oliver Hallo Bowie. There's a lot of it's out in the in the lunch room today.
Speaker 34: Here come the Bears and here comes Malmona Ningo.
Speaker 21: He's going to join me this afternoon, the Bears coach.
Speaker 34: I used to think malmon Inger was that skin cancer that you can get.
Speaker 1: You know, your melanoma.
Speaker 34: Oh yeah, but I think it was a mispronunciation. I was thinking, did you you know if I said that a pull my finger, it's melmon Inger. I used to say, you know, I like that way better.
Speaker 1: As well as yeah, well done, good get by you.
Speaker 21: Thank you. So we will have Gareth Parker on the show today.
Speaker 1: We'll do the club Tess Parker's Point and it's open slather from one o'clock.
Speaker 34: So anything and everything you want to talk.
Speaker 1: About, all right, water mate, thank you very much. Just before we'll go to your cameo right now, please Murph, you'r cameo number one, Thank you, Ollie. One to five today.
Speaker 34: My number one is Belinda Carlile's song Leave a Lot On which I secretly love anyway, don't tell anyone. And the lead guitar solo is none other than George Harrison.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 34: Got it once you know, you know?
Speaker 1: Right, once you know you know? And I reckon only one of these I knew today and I was pretty pleased with the Beach Boys one for Helton John. Murph will come back in just a moment, I reckon George Harrison would have delighted. If someone has said, can you come and play a lead solo?
Speaker 34: I now, only that is exactly it. The producer of Bilinda Carlos said, who's your dream lead guitarist for a solo?
Speaker 1: And so we never get him.
Speaker 34: With George Harrison, I'll make a few calls. Yeah, And George was like, well, I'm not doing anything On Thursday, I was poling some plants or having a fight with Paul. So I was taking Ringo to court again. Okada, Carla.
Speaker 1: Bagging and set Chris Murphy The Magical Mystery too. Thanks the grounds car stereo call all the day today. Barbara, who rang us about the tazo is washing up. Thanks Barbara. You're going to family Pizza night from home slice in Mindari the final say on the year na, should we be told by the Combat Sports Commission not fact? The beer knuckle boxing fight? What are the year and the nas?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 34: Is fifty eight people think yeah, we should be told and Nara is like nah, twenty one. Yeah, so that the twenty one people that said nah have gone no.
Speaker 1: We know the reason. Yeah, there's two blokes.
Speaker 34: Smacking each other in the head bare knuckles. It's a pretty good reason to say no.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming. Your mate loves it today, man, Yeah you do.
Speaker 37: You are