Speaker 1: Yeah today. Simon Bouman with you through until one o'clock today. Thank you for listening in Love to Hear From You talk back Radio show, talk Back Radio Station one, double three, eight eighty two. The phone lines are open if you'd like to get in touch. You can text to zero for eight seven trip nine, eight eighty two. It's about nuclear weapons, isn't it? What we saw and heard over the weekend. It is at the fundamental tenet of this. The central premise is that Israel and the US do not want Teiram and Iran to have nuclear weapons. We'll have a look at that in just a moment on the program. And it comes at a time, you know, over the weekend, some testing's being done at the Monte Bellot Islands where we set off We and the Brits, the Poms set off one nuclear bomb, and they're still finding plutonium up there in the sediment around the islands. This is at this at its heart, at its center, this is an escalation over nuclear weapons. We'll have a chat about that on just a moment on the show. Love to Hear From You Today. Make sure you give us a shout if you want to weigh into the topics that we talk about, or even if you've seen something that you think your fellow six PR listeners may need to know about. Give us a shout one double three eight eighty two. Will Schofield will join us. We'll reflect on the weekend of football, the round that was fully sport in Life with Skuey after eleven o'clock today. And are you reluctant given the shortage of rental supply rental accommodation, are you reluctant to fix an issue at your rental? Are you reluctant to contact your landlord and say, hey, my my curtains have fallen down, or you know there's a crack in the wall because you don't want to get kicked out. You don't want to make a fuss. Seven and ten renters are in that position, you would seem such is the demand for rental properties. One double three eighty two is the phone number if you want to give us a shout today. I want to try and clear something up if we can.
Speaker 2: Right, let's clear this up once and for all.
Speaker 1: Hey, ce DC, you're coming to town in December. Are you going? Yes or no? Do you want to go? Yes or no? Do you want to go and see ac DC? Simple one today? Yes or no? Big deal? Isn't it Metallica are here later in the year. That's huge? And then ac DC are back? Will there be a second show? Our question today? Are you going?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Do you want to go? Yes or no? I went the last I know here, went to Subiaca O. Well, how good was that? How good was that day? That was the day of days? Wasn't it? How good was that day? A little bit older now and a few lineup changes for various reasons. But do you want to go and see ac DC? Yes or no? I've just had a look at their last ten shows in North America and they've been starting the set this with one particular song, and in fact, this song they've been kicking off since around about two thousand and three. It's not one of their big hits. It's a big enough hit, though. Do you want to go and see ac DC? Yes or no? Here's the opening track for them. If you want blood, you got it. The last ten shows in May in April May in North America have started with this show Jimmy, and it's a banger and not one of the really big ones, but it is their opening start to the set and has been for a number of fe years. If you want blood, You've got it. Are you going to try and buy tickets to ac DC? Do you want to go? Yes or no? I'd love to hear it from you today. One double three two is our phone number. We are going to touch on the escalation of hostilities in the Middle East in just a moment. Todd says yes, can't wait. Tom says no, it's a bit more information, Tom, you wouldn't mind. It was a big one last time they were here, wasn't it the canbar in the car park at the Subi Hotel. Wowie and Mills is right, you're pretty much got a we're black I think Are you going to go yes or no? Do you want to go? Yes or no? Love to hear from you today ac DC. Here in I just want to play a little bit of audio now if we could, before we go into our interviews. Central to the escalation of hostilities in the Middle East is the notion that Iran is developing nuclear weapons right to either bolster their own defenses, to threaten Israel, or to potentially annihilate Israel, or a combination thereof. So there are nine countries in the world that currently have nuclear weapons, the United States, Russia, China, France, United Kingdom, Pakistan, India, Israel, and North Korea. Iran are said to be on the path to having nuclear weapons. So as we think about that tenth country, Iran's desires to have nuclear weapons, we see a report closer to home that sediment at the Monte Bellot Islands one hundred and thirty k's off our coast, close to Barrow Island is still presenting with massive amounts of plutonium in sediment. So we let off. I think it was either one or three bombs back in the day nineteen fifty two that nuclear bombs were NATed by the British and the plutonium is still there and it's still showing up in the mud and the sentiment. So here's a news story from that explosion back in nineteen fifty two. It was made by the English news service PAH. I've never really known how to pronounce that path pathy completely and completely vision of spectators and nonlookers. It's very bizarre to see it. This was off our coast, and I want you to if you do listen to this, if you stay the course it's about a mineral. So listen to the final piece of narration, which is instructive and illuminative. Today nuclear bombs are intended to promote peace. Have a listen.
Speaker 4: Thousands of tons of water, mud and sand blackened the gigantic fireball like a huge boiling quadron. The cloud billowed upwards to a height of ten thousands within two minutes. Rear Rednald Torles, who was in command of the operation, and Doctor Penny turned to watch the great cloud after its initial blinding flash was over. Somewhere out there, the ship carrying.
Speaker 1: The weapon had been vaporized. Smoke rows higher and higher.
Speaker 4: The strong wind, twisting and scrawling it until it was a mile wide at its center at about two and a half miles high. To doctor Penny and his team, great credit is due for this mighty British achievement. The spectacular success of the operation furthers our hopes.
Speaker 1: Of peace, for it seems that by.
Speaker 4: The possession of such deadly weapons, peace can be maintained in this troubled world.
Speaker 1: And so that's from nineteen fifty two and almost pantomime version of a nuclear detonation on the Monty Bellot Islands that was in nineteen fifty two, and the final orations instructive, isn't it. They're meant meant to promote peace. That was just the one explosion at the Monte Bellows. They could have been up to three. So that's what the current fuss is about. It's about nyukes. Israel and the US do not want Iran to have nukes. We'll come back to that story in just a moment. Taking a poll today, do you want to go and see ACDC in December? Just jumping around on topics. Yes, is seven the nose of seven. We'll come back. What does this mean? The US strike on Teyran was significant, the number of submarines, Tomahawk missiles, bunker buster bombs. It was serious. It was targeted, no fighter response from Iran itself. President Trump is saying it was incredibly successful. We'll speak to Michael Shubridge on the program in just a moment, Director of Strategic Analysis. But I just wanted to I suppose go back to that notion. It's about nuclear weapons and nuclear capabilities, and we're still finding plutonium in the mud out at the Monte Bellow's four tho five hundred times the safe limits off the coast of Wa back in a sec Thanks for really correspondence to the show today. I always appreciate it, always appreciate that you want to get involved. Brendan sorry, Theren says, and once is enough. No, Paul says, no, I don't want to go to ac DC. I listened to death metal. Tony says, I'm not going to ac DC. I'd love to go, but our money's needed somewhere else across the living so high I'm not allowed to have, not allowed to have fun or I can't afford it. Thank you. This one from leg at a le ac DC, Yes, yes and yes saw them are the Burrs at Dome? SUBI and I'll be there for the off the show, even I have to sleep under my docker's membership seat until the seventh zenass went to the ac DC show. SUBI, I'd like to go, even though I'm not a big fan. Karen says, I'd love to go. I took my son to Melbourne for his twenty five first to see them last time they were in Australia. Thank you, Karen, Tony Mate Metallica, Yes, ac DC, No, thank you one double three A two, Thanks for your thoughts. Today. This one here from Andrew. Yes for ac DC you have. If you have a few spare tickets, happy to take them off your hands. Thank you, Andrew. Brian Brian said Simon Brian, reepolos are definite no no. In fact, if they came to my house and put on a free concert, I would go out for the day.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: That's very funny mate. Thanks for your thoughts today, Thanks for your correspondence. Just typed into my phone. How far is ta Ran from Perth? It's ten and sixty two kilometers, but it feels closer, doesn't it. After the weekend when the US did launch a strike Tomahawk strikes and airstrikes on strategic targets in Iran said to be nuclear in Richmond targets. Michael Shubridge is the director of Strategic Analysis in Australia. Joins me now hih Michael, thank you for your time. Hey, Sean, good to talk with you. Michael. At the center of this it's a question about about nuclear capability of Iran, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: Yes, In fact, the only reason that US President Trump sent those B two bombers and got his submarines to fight the tom or missiles is because of concerns that Tehran was getting closer to having nuclear weapons, and the International Atomic Energy Agency just last week said that Iran had enough and rich uranium for nine weapons.
Speaker 1: So I mentioned earlier in the show, Michael, that these nine countries do have in Iran purportedly won't want to be the tenth. Do you think this sort of the world needs needs the proof that Tehran is approaching nuclear capability.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think there's any doubt based on the IAEA's work that Iran has been pursuing a military nuclear program, because there's no explanation for enriching uranium to sixty percent, indeed ninety percent for weapons. But it's much easier to go from sixty to ninety than it is from north to sixty. There's no other explanation. But Tran has been able to provide for doing what it was doing. So I don't think it's like the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction thing, where there were doubts. It's a question of was Iran actually going to assemble a weapon or were they just putting themselves closer and closer to being able to do that.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised? I mean mister Trump said last week, give me two weeks to think about this. I need to see X.
Speaker 8: Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised that such a significant mission was launched as quickly as it was.
Speaker 7: Yes, I was, and I think all the people that are now saying, I was obvious it was going to happen. Forgetting what Trump has said about him, which other was really insightful, and he said I may do it, I may not do it. I don't know. I make decisions at the last second. So yes, now he has done it, it's obvious he was going to. But really I think it was an open question.
Speaker 1: In the country of Iran. Michael and I asked, is generally not knowing where would they get uranium from? Is it can they mine it in their own country? Does it come from somewhere else?
Speaker 7: They can mine it in their own country, so they're not depended on buying it from a country like Australia, where one of the biggest uranium supplies on the planet. But the thing some other things around this, So yes, it looks like the American B two bombers in particular, which dropped those enormous bunker busters, burrowed deep underground before they explode have really damaged three key Iranian nucleus sites, the four dough one buried under the mountain, the bigger the tans one, and is Fahan, where they were probably going to fabricate the uranium into the metal that you need for putting it on the top of a missile. But Iran may well have removed some of it's enriched uranium because that's quite small containers, you know, you can stick it on a ute. It's like twenty kilograms per container. And it looks like they had trucks outside that Fourdeaux mountain side facility in the days before the strikes. And you also can't get knowledge out of people's heads, although the Israelis have killed a bunch of Iranian nuclear scientists.
Speaker 1: I guess my question about access to uranium and perhaps perhaps other firm firmware around this program, Michael, is about their neighbors. And you know that there's always been speculation at North Korea and other countries have been part of this program, hasn't it. That's been around for years.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's been also the North Koreans unknown proliferators of nuclear technology. An interesting thing is Medvedev in Russia. Who was the sort of place marker president while Putin took a break, has talked about Russia other countries being happy to provide around with nuclear weapons. But I don't think that's actually a credible thing. I think just about every other country in the Middle East is quietly delighted with setbacks to Iranian power, and Iranians arounds pursuit of a bomb.
Speaker 1: What happens from here, Michael, what do you think will happen next?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: Donald Trump sounded like he was giving a victory speech on Sunday, But wars don't finish because somebody on one side wants them to. I think the Iranian regime is really weakened and on the back foot. Apparently the Supreme Leader is hiding out in a bunker without any electronics because he's worried he'll be and that makes it hard for him to give orders and hard for them to be carried out. But the Iranian military, even though it's been weakened, has plenty of weapons, you know, short range rockets, ballistic missiles, drones, mines. It can attack international oil shipping through the straits of homes where it can attack American and Israeli sites and facilities. So it's certainly not over yet, and we have to see what the Iranian response is going to be. Yeah, right, I doubt it's going to be a call for peace negotiations. In fact, they've already rejected that.
Speaker 1: Sure. All right, Michael, thank you very much for talking to our listeners on six pur We really appreciate your time. Thanks sure, Michael Shubridge, Director of Strategic Analysis in Australia. Think's my name is Sean, but that's how produces name. Yes, it's about nuclear weapons, and I did want to make the point and did want to make the tie in the la You know, we saw nuclear weapons detonated on Monte Bellot Islands in nine point fifty two. We just played you the old new story and the end of the narration at the end was, you know, we need nuclear weapons to maintain world peace. It's long being thought that Iran wants to have a nuclear capability to as a deterrent, as a peacekeeping mechanism, potentially to threaten Israel with that presence, even to annihilate Israel, or a combination thereof. And as I say, it's ten thousand k's from here from where I'm sitting here to Teyran, it's one hundred and sixty two k's, but it feels like it's very close, doesn't it. To go back to the local story. Madison Williams Hoffman is a PhD candidate with Edith Cown University and a spent eight days on the Monte Bellot Island studying the impact of radiation and the results even all those years after ninety fifty two are chilling. Hi, Madison, thanks for talking to us, Hi, thanks for having me. We make the tie in with what you found and with the escalation of hostilities. It's about nuclear capability. What have you found in studying the sediment at the islands?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess is a.
Speaker 11: Little bit different, very much not related to the complexities happening around the world at the moment, only because it happened so long ago, seventy years since the testing that happened there. We went out in twenty twenty took a bunch of sediment samples, which is the stuff the seabed underneath the water. We just wanted to basically figure out as a baseline, what types of reactivity is there, how much is there.
Speaker 12: And where is it?
Speaker 1: Yep, what did you find?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So we found that it's the plutonium, which is the thing we're kind of mainly concerned about because that's what the weapons were made of. It's still present in the sediment today. There's no international guidelines or standards on how much plutonium is a good amount for having your sediment. So what we did was we compared to some samples we took on the West Australian coastline, one of them down in Rockingham, one of them up in the North, and we found that it was forty five hundred times greater at the islands than the coastline, which is good news because on the coastline, is it that background?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, forty five hundred's which I guess the point is he doesn't I think it was Peter Garretty said, once this stuff gets in and you cannot get it out, and that's a could that potentially have an impact on sea life, on the ecosystems. I mean, he has a thriving tourism and fishing industry out there, doesn't it medicine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And there's a fantastic point if anyone any of the listeners have been there either for fishing or jos for tourism, it's honestly, the marine park itself is stunning, and the whole reason for this project is because we just we really just didn't have any data in the marine sediment and we have really limited data on the fish and the stuff that lives in the marine environment. We have one study from twenty nineteen which looked that fish that people eat and found that there was plutonium at really low levels, but they don't pose a risk to people, so that kind of answers the.
Speaker 5: Question is that they have to eat the fish.
Speaker 11: But this assessment was really going back and looking at present there in the environment and what impact could it have to things that maybe people don't eat but still live there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Madison. I. We just played a replay of a news bullet from back in the day, nineteen fifty two, and it was very clear showing one bomb being detonated on a ship and everyone's standing around and looking and looking at it. Incredibly. How many detonations were there? How many do you understand there to have been?
Speaker 11: Yeah, at the Montebellos there were three in total. The first one you're referring to was actually the very first detonation on Australian soil in history. And in the southern Hemishiath that's Operation Hurricane that was done on a ship and actually the detonation on the ship over the water has created an underwater crater in the settiment bed, which is very interesting. The other two were both Operation Mosaics. They were in nineteen fifty six and they were done on land.
Speaker 14: Our top of towers.
Speaker 11: Okay, so Operation Mosaic G one and then Operation Mosaic G two, which was the largest deatonation in Australia's history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Suffice it to say, as compared to the sands at Rockingham, and I was down at Rockingham yes yesterday, Madison, it's four thousand, five hundred times more plutonium in the sediment up there, which and it's my it's my way of drawing comparison with what's happening in the Middle East. Is that the nuclear weapons they don't you know, they last forever, their impact on the environment and on people, laugh for ever. Thanks Maddie, thanks.
Speaker 11: For talking to us, glories, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Good on your Madison. WILLIAMS. Hoffman, PhD, Canada, ECU. So there you go. So you know, that's that's the report that we saw published over the weekend. It's four thousand, five hundred times more plutonium in the sediments at Monty Bellows than there are at Rockingham currently. So that's that's that's the heart of this. A lot of my questions to Michael Stubridge are around nuclear capability. That's why, that's why the Americans have gone in, that's why Israel went in, and that that operation by the Americans was significant. One hundred and twenty five US aircraft seven B to stealth bombers, a number of there were twenty four Tomahawk cruise missiles were launch from a US submarine as well. There were deception tactics including decoys, fighter jets, and so it went. So they dropped a couple of those bunker busters. It was an eighteen hour mission. It was a significant mission, no doubt about it. The Americans went in there with great with great menace and gravity one double three at two. If you'd like to talk to us today zero four eight seven trip nine eight eighty two and closer to home ten one hundred and sixty two kilometers away from Tehran, we're asking the question this morning, are you going to try and buy tickets to ac DC? Do you want to go yes as twelve the nose of fourteen back in a second.
Speaker 15: Still dealing with this breakdown, tonking Away southbound before morally driving Morley. The vehicle is in the left emergency lane. No traffic delays, but caution is advised and clearing up on the majors now the Mitchell, Kanana and Graham Farmer Freeways all traveling nicely. Nothing to report in the tunnel. Still on the speed at leak Tyway East Band at Manning Road to im Bentley. I'm Sep Clark on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty five minutes to ten. Thanks for listening in. We're going talk to Richie Smith in just a moment. He's Minji Lee's coach. She has won her third major. How good are you? Do you want to go and see ac DC? Yes or no? The yeses are twelve and no sixt Why would you not want to go? It's funny, Liam says, but no, I don't want to go. But it is a good chance. It is a good chance for Bogans, the cyber majority of Bogans, to gather and drink bush chucks once more. Liam, I think they do that anyway. If it's a weekend, they do that. It's a monday, they do that. Jeff says. They see ac DC for free, take a picnic, rugg and camp out sort of ops and stadium on the grass, take a deck chair, rug and sandwiches. Agent taking sandwiches to an ac DC concert. I'll be there with hell Spells on, says Shane. Thanks Shane. The yes is at twelve and knows of sixteen and some of those are from a Facebook. Minji Lee has won her third major championship with a three shot victory, a comfortable victory in the end at the PGA Champs in Texas. Here's the audio of Minji's win. Minchii battles the Texas long and he and she's a three.
Speaker 3: Time leader chat.
Speaker 1: And Richie Smith, Minji's coach joins us now good a, Richie, congratulations, well done.
Speaker 16: Thanks Simon, nice to speak to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she I heard some audio from of this morning. She felt felt like she played kept an eye on the leaderboard, but played within herself. What did you see as her long term coach?
Speaker 16: I saw someone who's pretty nervous on the front nine, if I'm honest, very tentative, and she had had some history of blind leeds, and I think that she got challenged a little bit on that front line, and then I think she got angry with herself actually, and just decided that she was going to win. So I think once she decided that she was going to win, no one was going to beat her.
Speaker 1: Got the game, hasn't she, And that that's the thing at the top end. With her and with Woozy and all of you, all of your crew, they've got the game. It's just that the day and how they how they approach. You need a bit of luck too, don't you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you do. And the golf course over there is pretty tough, and it was blowing pretty hard for the last two days, and I think it was advantageous for us because you know, obviously we have a windy city that we've we've developed these players in and yeah, it's been it was helpful that it was, And I don't think there was any lucky breaks. I think she played well within herself and she kept it on the fair way most of the time and hit great shots and hold the puts when needed. So I think she deserved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, we're stoked for and for and for you and for the whole game. Is she you talked about sometimes blowing a lead? In your view, you've got to train for all the scenarios, don't you been the hunted one or chasing? It's different every day on each course, isn't it, Richie?
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 16: But I mean, we'd very much decided that we were going to play the way that we wanted to play, and we weren't going to get sucked in to what the opposition was doing. So we'd set at the goal of just trying to be one under for each six hole segment, and we were going to play match play game against ourselves, and actually we lost the match to ourselves, but we ended up winning the tournament. So that's that's all that mattered.
Speaker 1: Are you, Richie? For those people who haven't heard you on this station before or haven't perhaps heard our chats, to just remind us how you do this remotely with this great gang of golf? Was that you have?
Speaker 16: Well? I use the internet a fair bit. We do a lot of video lessons and just a lot of conversations. But I was actually in Dallas till Wednesday, so all her prep was done in front of me, and yeah, and then I just arrived back in Perth on Friday and enjoyed the jet lag and watched the golf at night.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, isn't it. Did you have a celebratory this morning? A little Pims and lemonade? Whichie, not as yet.
Speaker 17: I've got to do.
Speaker 16: I've got to do an interview, a TV interview, and I don't really want to do that, so maybe tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, no, well, deserve I thought of you, and I know every now and then we try to chat that you're all over the place on and off planes. Min wou Lee, how's he traveling after the big one?
Speaker 16: Since his win? I think he's suffered a little bit with expectation. I think now that he knows that he can win, that he's expecting to do it every week, and I think that's going to be his like next sort of development stage. We're getting there. It's a little bit hard at the moment because he's not really performing the way he would like. And Hannah Green, you didn't mention her, but Will's going. She's going really well. She's you know, still top ten in the world. And yeah, probably hasn't played as much, hasn't a lot of continuity this year yet, but that's going to come and I'm pretty confident that she's going to have a good end of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, well done to you. She's she was the next round of questions. I remember talking to you after min Wu played so well in Australia a couple of years ago, and I said, when can I buy a hat? When can I buy a bail and the T shirt? He said, no, we're trying to keep a lid on him. And that's that's still the case with him, isn't he Because he's a gung ho player in person, but you still want him to to get the trophies before you really launch him in terms of merchant and profile and personality.
Speaker 16: Right, well he has one and now you can and you can buy a hat and a shirt. Yeah, there's no shortage of merchandise that you can buy that says let him cook, yeah, or doctor Chipinski or some other thing that he's got going on. I don't I but yeah, Look, first and foremost is a golfer, and first and foremost we want him to perform on the world stage. And I think he's developing really nicely. Probably been. It has been a tough period because that win you know, this expectation that you do get from winning is really hard to balance, and but we're getting there. I think, Yeah, it might be a little bit of an up and down ride for a couple of couple of months, but I think we'll we'll see some real improvement by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done. Well unto you mate too, very proud of you and all you've achieved with Hannah, Minji, min Wull, all of your gang. Maddie, it's it's not a bad thing to have on your on your CV. Is it that Minji gets her third title?
Speaker 16: Well, I don't know that's I'm not in it for the for the recognition. I just want them to win, win events, and so at the moment we're doing it and hopefully we continue to do so in the future.
Speaker 1: Understated as always, good on you're Richie, Thanks for the chat. Thanks to congratulations Richie Smith, who's keeping a lid on it can coach Hey coaches via iPad and via by the internet. Incredible, Hey, when you think of when you think of how tough that game is at the top. For Minji to win a major at the PGA Champs in Texas, that's incredibly significant. And Minwoo Lee, you know with his big game, big driver, flamboyant. He's he's one that Richie's working with as well. Hannah Green is in the top ten in the world. And these are these are West Australian goals. I know Minji and min Wo we are from the Fremantle Golf Club, so I reckon they'll be having a glass of bubbles later on today down there. And I'm not sure which which is Hannah's home course or home home club, but hats off to him are amazing. One double three A two is the is the phone number that was Richie Smith, minj Lee's golf coach. Are you going to try and buy t it's to ac DC. Do you want to go? The yes of fifteen and the nos eighteen. We'll come back in just a moment. We understand. Roger Cook is off to try and find out what's happening with the Orcus Steele. Of course, it's a massive deal for Australia, for England and for the US and it will impact on us here at the Sterling Naval Base and in terms of jobs, in terms of infrastructure development down that part of the world. Talk to Paul Papoalia the Minister for Defense Industries. In just a sec Why is Roger Cook going to England and what difference will he make? Sta listening? Minji Lee has just won her third her third a major. She's won the USPGA. How good. We just spoke to Richie Smith. He Richie also coaches Hannah Green. I'm not sure where Hannah plays her club golf, but Brenda says, Hannah is Mount Lawy where I play. Yesp Thanks Brendan good Man. And we're asking the question today do you want to go and see ac DC? Yes or no? Vicky has sent me two little kisses as well. Thanks Vicky, definitely no, thank you. Patrick says no music. Philistein, I had to google ac DC and music to understand what your question was about, Sirs. Patrick Gibbo says yes maybe, I'm not sure. It's a very different lineup that these days, says give both thank you, and Kylie says happy Monday. Simon ac DC. Yeah, seen them before, having just saved my money for something else. This one here from Pete Yes four yes is to see ac DC. I've always told my kids that the old rockers slash Buggers ever came back to Perth. I'll take them along. Good on your pete. Enjoy that mate. And Dave from Heathrid, she says, I'll be there with hell spells and I'll be wearing my black jeans, black T shirt, packy Winnie blues tucked into my sleeves, says Dave. Thanks Dave. Just don't smoke, Dave, just don't smoke. Roger Cook and poor Papalia. Poor Papalie is the WA Defense Industries minister heading off to England shortly to have a chat over there about Orcus. Poor Papoli, the Minister of the Defense Industries joins us. Now, good day, minister.
Speaker 17: How are you goodo Simon, I'm will Are you.
Speaker 1: Going very well? Thanksy? Do you want to go and see ac DC you're the member for Warmbra of course, yeah, yes. What's the idea here? I mean, I know, mister ALBERINIZI didn't get the opportunity to speak to Donald Trump about Aucus and other things. Is it to try and find out what the poms are going to do here?
Speaker 17: Paul, there's opportunity for our industry to help them build submarines and that's a key part of why we're going It's the same reason I went to the US very briefly meet with industry players who build submarines and people in Congress and other influencers like I think tanks, with a view to convincing them or passing the message that it's a really good deal for the US. Aucus is a great deal for Australia. We get the single biggest uplift in defense capability in the nation's history, getting nuclear powered submarines. But also it's a good deal for America and the UK as well. One of the reasons it's a great deal for America in the UK is we have industry players here in Australia who can make components of nuclear submarines right now, who are capable of doing that, but if they get into the American and the British supply chains that can help them make the submarines they need right now.
Speaker 1: Minister, would you and the Premier have ordinarily been going to England for this if mister Albany's he had met with mister Trump or has this come off the back of that not happening.
Speaker 17: I know we would have gone on. The Premier definitely would have gone anyway. This is the first opportunity for the Premier to go with a view to meeting with people around the Orchest Arrangement and the defense with respect to defense matters I've been before. We will also will be meeting with industry players, with British government officials, and also going to Devonport in Plymouth, which is the Navy base where they do submarine nuclear submarines sustatement, very much like we will establish at Henderson here in covid and Sound.
Speaker 1: At some point you'll need the Americans at the table, won't you, Minister, because they are that you know that He's been quite open. The Pentagon want to review what is a three hundred and seventy billion dollar project. They have said they want and they've been over and clear about that. So at some stage you'll be wanting to talk to them, won't you.
Speaker 17: Now, Look, I have and we will. But the Undersecretary of Defense, Elbridge Colbert, who's doing this review by the Americans, has said rightly that they shouldn't give us a nuclear submarine unless they can make enough for themselves. That's a reasonable observation. That's why we're saying we can help you make more submarines and make enough to provide US with one the British. When we changed governments at federal level, there was a review of the orchest arrangement. It was part of the Defense Strategic Review. Then the British changed governments, they did a review of the Orchestra arrangement and they found that it was good for the Brits and they doubled down on it. I'm assuming that the likelihood will be the same thing will happen with the Americans. They do a review, reasonable thing because there's been a change of administration, and once they do that, I find it's a really good deal for America.
Speaker 1: It is a relative but an unrelated question, I suppose, Minister. But given your portfolio as Defence Industries Minister, what did you make of the US bombing Teyran over the weekend.
Speaker 17: Well, it's a bit above my level. It's really a federal government matter. But I understand that I heard this morning that the federal government have said that that was the right thing. It is a good thing to do because no one wanted Iran the theocracy radical theocracy determined to wipe out some of our allies and potentially be a threat all around the world. No one wanted those people having a nuclear weapon, so it was the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: It's, you know, in our own own way on this show and in my somewhat clumsy are I suppose I talked about nuclear weapons being being a deterrent and to use as a mechanism to encourage world peace. You're okay with us bolstering nuclear capability on our own terra firma and in our own waters, Minister.
Speaker 17: Well, what we're getting is nuclear powered submarines, so it's the propulsion system. It means that our submarines will be extended, unlimited endurance and reach. They'll be able to deploy anywhere, go in a clandestine and a COVID fashion, so you won't know where they've gone. Once they leave our waters and go subsurface, you don't know where they are. They've got incredible speed and endurance is unlimited. The only limit on them is the capability of the limits of the crew and food supply, because they make their own water and power and they're not constrained in any way and they're not exposed like our diesel electric submarines are currently where they have to come to snorkel bets and recharge their batteries. That is not a thing with nuclear submarines an incredible capability, and I'm very supportive of that.
Speaker 1: I'd understand the difference between the automation system and the you know what drives them. But they will will have nuclear weapons on board, won't they these things?
Speaker 17: No, No, so nuclear powered submarines. These are a hunter killer submarines. They're designed to fight other submarines and ships, and they use torpedoes and they have a missile launch capability. But the missiles and torpedoes that they carry are conventionally armed, all right, so they're not nuclear all right, Minister.
Speaker 1: I hope the trip goes well for you and the premiere and for all of us. Thank you for your time on the show today. I appreciate it.
Speaker 17: Thanks very much, seen thanks for your interest.
Speaker 1: Paul Papalie, the Minister for Defense Industry. So that story broke over the weekend that Premier Cookie is going to England with mister Papalia.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 1: I guess you know. It's to talk to the English authorities about what we can do here, what we're capable here. And of course there's a you know, it's the subject of the day, isn't it. Nuclear capability in Teyran, nuclear capability of submarines that are being fitted with nuclear power here in Perth, at Sterling Base and at Henderson. As to what you know armaments they have not have on board is a question for all of us. I suppose it's one that I received regularly on our text line, on our talk back line. Happy to hear from you today. It's that day when we're talking about nuclear weaponry. One double three adaty two. It's six five and a half minutes to ten o'clock. I'm Simon Baymont. Thank you for listening. Love to hear from you. One double three atty two is the phone number you can text in zero four eight seven triple nine A eaty two. Hi, Mark, thanks for calling.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Simon. Just a suggestion for Premier Cook whilst is in England talking to the government over there, maybe he can ask them why the Labor Party in England is going all in on nuclear power for electricity production and yet we seem to have a total aversion to it here. Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, Mark, Yeah, it's long been in Australia. The whether it's being a convention or you know what, would you call it a narrative, an ideology if you will, that we don't like nuclear power? We have, as I heard on Milty and Carl's show this morning, there has been a nuclear facility at Lucas Heights for some period of time. But it's just an Australian thing more than a British thinging Mark, isn't It's been the way as long as I can remember. We just haven't liked the idea of nuclear power, as Peter Dupton found out in the last election. Thanks Mark, Thanks for core mate. Appreciate it. One double three eight eighty two after the news seven and ten. People who rent privately worry about asking for repairs in case they face a rent increase or even eviction given the shortage of rental accommodation supply. We'll have a chat about that. Is that you? Is that you? Are you reluctant to ask your landlord if you can have something fixed at the place that you're renting One day, three eighty two and the yes no question. Are you going to try and buy tickets to ac DC? Do you want to go? The yeses are twenty one and the nose of twenty eight some very funny responses coming in from our callers today. Thanks for listening in Will Schofield with Sport after eleven o'clock today, and I'm going to ask, well, what was great about the week of weekend rounds of footy? A couple of upsets, some great goals. Pretty good round of footy on the weekend, wasn't it? So we'll talk positively about our beautiful game. He's Perth lost, so SUBI of blokes around here have been reminding me of me about that today. West Coast Seals didn't lose though, because they didn't play one double three a toady two. I love to hear from you. The text message or the text line is zero four eight seven triple nine A Daddy two. This is Perth today, Simon, beimont.
Speaker 18: There.
Speaker 1: It is downheard and including the chorus. I got in trouble for talking over the top of that last week. I'm going do that again. Calus is no Simon. I know I won't be going to the ACD concert. I'm not a huge fan, but I hope everyone that goes has a good time. Thanks for the great show. Cheers cal cal That is the politest sms I've ever received. Thank you. It's a no for me unless they have any incontinence breaks. Jason Karen says West Coast didn't lose because they didn't play. I'm sure I saw blue and yellow jumpers running around around against g W s as Karen. They did, didn't they? Karen? The Gold Coast Sons had an eagles looking jumper on for sure. Neither West Coast or three are played on the weekend. Thanks dam take your point. Yeah, look, thanks for your thoughts today. We would love to hear from you seven and ten people who rent privately worry about asking for repairs in the in case they face a rent increase? Is that you? Are you worried about that because of the the undersupply of rental accommodation. Love to hear from you, Gabrielle Gab says no, thank you. Gabs isn't going to see ac DC either. The nose of twenty eight, Yes are twenty one? Jerry, Hi there, good Mike.
Speaker 20: Moment, Yeah, not about it? And you've got a k neck of have I Yeah?
Speaker 1: What might be you mate?
Speaker 20: Might be maybe maybe I'm talking to himself, but.
Speaker 17: Okay, have you have.
Speaker 1: You got a metal plate in your head, mate.
Speaker 20: I ring about? Can I ring about?
Speaker 1: Because can me back? I've got a mosquito question for you as well, Jerry from Betandine can I Jason?
Speaker 21: You listen if you want to upset for the next weekend for Sat Killer.
Speaker 1: Mite who they're playing.
Speaker 22: Well, they got the last.
Speaker 23: Part they played.
Speaker 21: They lost by few points against so the Smalls had.
Speaker 24: A field day.
Speaker 1: He's done the old deflection on the weekend too. Ross didn't he Something happened in the game and he started talking about that, about something other than his team's performance. He's he's deflected again. All right, Jason, I got a c d C. How are you going? Do you want to go?
Speaker 17: I went last time.
Speaker 21: I'm still recovering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty It's pretty loud or not? Thanks mate? Thank you Jason so early calls and Kilda to win this week? Yeah n not from me. Ross was out of again on the weekend, trying to reflect from the team's the W and the W column. Did I dave?
Speaker 17: Hi, mate, mate?
Speaker 25: I'm just a look really ringing to give my memories of a c d C in nineteen eight with a blow up your video tour. I was only sixteen at the time, but fair dinkom. I don't think my years ever recovered.
Speaker 1: Where was it, mate?
Speaker 25: I think it was in the old entertainment center and they had this massive blow up devil gun boom boom boom, boom boom, and oh it was just crazy.
Speaker 1: I reckon ikin the loudest console I ever went to his kiss.
Speaker 25: Oh yeah, what I see pretty lad?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Seventy nine around then? Thanks mate, Thank you? Are you going?
Speaker 24: Do you want to go hanging the game?
Speaker 22: Mate?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, good on you mate, thank you. I'll put you in the yes column. I haven't wanting tickets to offer you. I'm just asking the question, are you going to? Do you want to go and see a C d C. Love to hear from you today. I'll go to a C d C if Angus plays on the roof of opice in a in a Glenn Jackie rich Eagles Guernsey, says Nick, then says no, I can't afford it, Brian says anyone else going on a cliff Richard the summer holiday from the government, that is, Brian, Brian, thanks for using capitals too. You know it means I can read your simas about my glasses. Good I Jerry, you're back.
Speaker 18: I'm back.
Speaker 20: Yes, oh, I said, I still have a net. But anyway, I see.
Speaker 25: How I go.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I've seen nuclear bombs of clothes and person in Hirashima in whereabouts, right Hirishemah, Russia.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 20: And they devastating, absolutely incredible. I mean concrete melts to glass. I mean it's just everything, it's just vaporized. And I compare himself more with Israel haven't having nuclear nuclear warheads, and they're because they're on officially they're on. They only officially have nuclear capability, don't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yes, that's right. So so from what you know, and it's it's quite well documented, Jerry, I think, and I know you're having trouble hearing there for because of the for whatever reason. But we we did pointing out today there's nine nine countries in the world have nuclear weapons. Tehran Iran a pushing to be the tenth. Hence the strong involvement from from the US to back up Israel's moves onto the uranium Richmond facilities. Wasn't that interesting about from what Michael Schubris was saying, is that the leader of the Iranian leader, the prem I think he's a president has gone into hiding in the mountains and doesn't have telecoms. Well we I mean closer to home. I didn't have a phone. My phone stopped working Friday and most of Saturday. And that's just me. I don't know how a world leader would go without telecoms. One double three two is the phone number. A couple of stories come up in just a moment. The town, the little town on the southern coast of Hopetown, has decided to ban free beach camping because people are leaving too much rubbish around the joints. So we'll have a look at that story. I want to ask you about free camping. Where do you see it? I see it quite a bit around the place, often at beachside car parks. Hey, South Beach, Crowna beach, saw it over the weekend. You see people camping for free at our beach is and Hopes and Hopeton are looking to ban it. Wonder what you think about that. There's a number of Shires councils coastal destinations have banned free beach camping because of the mess. We'll talk about that in just a on the program. Seventy and ten. People who rent privately are worried about complaining about repairs in case they get kicked out or in case they get an increase. Stay listening her garbage? Good song, isn't it?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 1: Do you want to try and see ac DC? The yes are twenty six and the nose are thirty four, so people are the nose are ahead on this one at this stage, Allen says, Nah, why we going to ac DC. Back in the seventies at five bucks a ticket, I could afford it. Not at these prices, says Our that's twenty five bucks, Robs. I won't be going to ac DC because I don't have any Bogan clothes left in the cost of living means I can't buy any new ones. Thanks for that, Rob, Andrew says, yes, I want to see DC. Anything has to be better than Katie Perry, says Andrew, So she played last night, didn't she. Ivans asked the question, anyone go and see Katie last night? Give us a call one double three A eighty two is the phone number love to hear from. This is a story about renters and a rent affordability. I recall here in wa during COVID that the government did tough in rules on landlords to make it harder to evict people during the COVID lockdowns and the COVID situation. But since that time we have had a shortage of rental accommodation. Here in Perth. You hear stories of you know, hundreds of people turning up at home opens to look at places. And now there's a report that maybe people are too worried about asking for repairs for fear they make copper rent increase or even get kicked out as seen as vexatious by the landlords. Joining me now is Cassandra Goldie AO, the ACOS CEO joins me. Now, hey Cassandra, how are you something?
Speaker 26: I'm well, thanks?
Speaker 21: How are you?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. This is worrying, isn't. This is an Australia wide survey. There's a couple of things in this, but this notion of not asking for your place to be repaired is a worry.
Speaker 28: Yeah, look it is and it doesn't. Nobody wins when that's the reality for people. But we have to understand why. I mean. The survey, which is a national survey done by the University of New South Wales, found that you know, seven out of ten people reported being scared to report repairs that were needed on the property because they were worried about another rent increase when they couldn't afford it, or because they're on a for example, a fixed term tendency, or worried that they might be evicted, that they at least may not be extended. And so this is the reality for people. They know that they don't have a lot of marketing power, that's the sense they have. And if they can't stand that property law, then where do they go? As you say, vay can see rates through an all time low at just one percent, and there are long queues everywhere you go to try and get another rental property. And so people you know, are not speaking up and nobody wins out of that. It's not good for the landlords either if they don't know that there are important repairs that need to be done in their property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. And one of the other concerning things in your report is people, i mean property managers talk to each other worried about being blacklisted.
Speaker 16: Well, look, this is a.
Speaker 28: Real fear for people because for many people, renting is the only option that you have to have a place to call home. One in three people in Australia now are renting, and we know that's only going to increase further. I mean many other countries, renting is seen as a decent, long term solution to having a home, but Australia is unusual in this way. We have most properties that are put out on the rental market are flipped in overy five years on average. The tax rules associated with property investment encourage that kind of property investment because you're chasing the capital growth we know that got that capital gains discount, and so most leases are very short term. They're typically twelve months. Our survey found over eighty percent of people in six term leases, and so they really feel insecure in this situation. And the thoughts of repairs that were apported we're pretty serious. I mean one in three reported pest control problems, one in four reported leaks or flooding in their property, and one in five talked about hot water supply being an issue. And so these are real basics here, aren't they. And as they say that, you know, the person that owns the property, they don't win out of that either, because of course, some of those kinds of repairs if you don't get on top of them quickly. It can lead to longer term structural problems.
Speaker 1: And some of the other facts. You found that nearly three quarters of people had to rendecrease in the past twelve months, and around about a third of renters would ride at the limit. There aren't they, Cassandra, They couldn't afford to go another five percent higher, they would that would really impact on.
Speaker 28: Them, You'll tip them over. I mean, this is the reality, you know that town. For most people on low and modest incomes at your biggest expense is keeping a roof over your head, followed by your energy bill. And for many people, particularly people on really low incomes like social security job seeker is just fifty six dollars per day, it's unbearable. Mostly people can't afford to rent in the private market. So one of our recommendations, of course, is to continue to boost low income housing social housing. It's the you know, we've only got four percent of or housing now in Australia with social housing. The federal government has put a big boost in there, but we need to go further with that. But then when it comes to the private rental market, which of course is the big part of the picture. We want to encourage property investors into producing more supply, but it's got to be the right kind of property investment where you're really wanting long term renters. You know, you're incentivized to have somebody in there for five to ten years with a good yield on the property, rather than this notion that you're in the market to buy and sell, buy and sell because you're chasing the capital growth.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see what our listeners think. Cassandra, thanks so much for talking to our listeners here in Perth. Really appreciated.
Speaker 28: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Katas Sandra gordi Ao. She is the CEO of ACOS is that you are your renting. So it has been a nationwide survey and this notion that people are too too scared to ours to repairs at the house, hot water twenty percent of people, hot water problems, mold problems, bathrooms, infestations, mice, cockroaches, aunts, people too scared to ask the land or to fix things for fear of a rent increase, being booted out, or even being blacklisted. That's that's not good. It might be a fear. It might not be real. It might not be real. A real thing, but it is a fear that people have one number three eighty two. Roger Cook. Is this audio, Sean, this is audio. So Roger Cook the Premier has addressed the media this morning. He's been out and about at a press conference. I haven't heard this and I hope it goes the way I hope Roger Cook has addressed the issue of whether he preferred ac DC. Well, Katie Perry the Premier does the right thing. Here here we go.
Speaker 29: It breaks my heart, but you know, I've got a ticket for tonight and I can't go. So love a bit of Katy Perry. I'm more of a Katie Perry. All this fireworks. You know, I kissed the girl and I'm not going to continue the rest of these lyrics because that will get me into trouble on in the media. But ac DC coming to Optics, you can imagine how big and loud that would be. It's great and it continues the recent tradition of having such great acts coming to Western Australia. If they can see these big venues, they can see these high at tendance rates, it's really encouraging for these bands to come to Western Australia.
Speaker 1: Like Katie Perry Moore than Acy DC. We voted him in. He's the member for Quanana and he likes he likes DC. Roger the member for Quanana, Mate, the member for Quanana, the spiritual. There were people, there were people in Quanana who don't realize that Bond Scott has passed away. Mate. I've got to think about that. I got to think about that. The Premier didn't tell us that before the election, did he?
Speaker 16: One?
Speaker 1: Double three A two, Get a Roscoe.
Speaker 30: I'm not going to see Katie Perry while she's here because she's playing at Planet of Hollywood when I'm in Vegas in August.
Speaker 1: They're going to see you there. Yeah, how much?
Speaker 30: I think it's one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 1: That's not good. That's good.
Speaker 30: Yeah, and yeah that's in a in a smaller more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how'd you get those?
Speaker 30: Oh she's playing there for about ten days or something. Yeah, that's where we're staying and easy Roscoe.
Speaker 1: Roscoe. Do you where do you live?
Speaker 19: I must in Goosebrey Hill there in Hill. I used to be at Incada.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think the premier who's the member for Quanana should prefer a c DC over Katy Perry.
Speaker 30: I think everyone should prefer AD over Cody Berrier because they're Australium mates and their works to start and.
Speaker 31: Actually I.
Speaker 30: Just a real short story. I did a cocktail course at the Herdsman back in about nineteen seventy five or something. Yeah, and they were rehearsing, well, we were doing this cocktail course during the day.
Speaker 1: Were due Yeah yeah, yeah, well done mate, Thanks Roscoe. But to think about there, one double three a D two. Love to hear from you today, premier like Katie Perry more than ac DC. There you go, twenty seven and twenty six and a half past ten o'clock. Feel some graffiti coming up on his electorate office in Karana. I'm only joking. I'm only joking. I'd love to hear from you. One double three eight eighty two if you like you was called zero four eight seven tril nine eighty two is our SMS number? Are you going to do you want to go and see a CD? Yeses are twenty seven. The nose of thirty five one double three eight eighty two is the phone number. They're not telling your land all about issues with the property. Is very real, says Dane. Hi, Dane, I haven't contacted my real estate manager. Adi must have fixed things until the oven broke. Even had to tape a broken front window for eight months to get them fixed at the same time. Thanks Dean. So it's not necessarily a fear, it's a real thing. One Susan said that a DC concert with us all wearing the flashing devil horns took me several days to recover from not sure my body can do it again. Thanks Susan. Nice to year from. Yes, it was a big day, Susan, wasn't it the Saturday? Wasn't it a Saturday in Perth? Played at Subi Eqival? Nice and warm, big day, A day of days. One double three eighty two is our phone number. Jodi says. The problem is that people generally, and what they call a ward wages, cannot afford to rent a house just two people. If you work, for example, at Bunnings and they pay you above a ward, you're need clear four all time, about four eighty four to ninety per week. So that isn't enough. Isn't enough to going to be able to rent a house? There are two of you? Somehow I've got to afford a car groceries, So what are they do? You get one or two more people even so they can afford the rent, then you have too many people who in a house, then damage and massacres. It's not rocket science. They just need land also be able to have a damaged house, says Jody Fairware and tear. I think it's called Jode, isn't it. Thanks for listening in. It's twenty eight past ten. Back in a moment.
Speaker 15: Reports of a breakdown. We're a highway westbound at Whilliera driving Canning Val. The left emergency land is blocked. Not know in congestion at this time, but still exercise caution if traveling through there. The virtual Kanana and Graham Farmer Freeway is all traveling well this morning, the tunnel moving well in both directions and no matter delays around the CBD or Metro area. I'm sub Clark on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for company today. I really appreciate you your thoughts and you're involvement in the program today. One double three A eighty two. Just a quick talkback topic if you will. Sean Lindsay, who's our executive producer here, He's got a mate who's about to list his company on the Australian Stock Exchange here in Perth and they list on Thursday. It's a ceremony and a bell. They ring a bell at Exchange Tower, So Exchange tower off the terrace there they ring a bell when the company launches on the AX. And I reckon, you see the ceremonial bell is used every now and then. I've seen it use the car yards when someone sells a car back in the day, I reckon that Honda dealership on Scarbridge, so they had a bell. It's the ring it. And have you got a bell at your joint when something happens? So there is still a bell rung as part of a ceremony when a company's listed on the AX here in Perth, on the floor in the pit, And I reckon. Car yards have bells too when they sell cars, don't they? Is that the case still?
Speaker 16: One?
Speaker 1: Double three add two? Do you have a bell at your joint? Do you ring it when something good happens? Love to hear from you today? Are you going to try and buy tickets to ac DC? The yes of twenty seven the nose of thirty seven? Do you have a bell and do you have a bell ringing ceremony at your joint? I reckon a lot of car I'd still have it selling your car, ding ding, ring the bell and the customer often gets to ring the bell. One double three eight D two. Free camping spots. I saw a couple over the weekend. South Beach is a famous one where the backpackers pull up in there in their vans. There's a cup. There's one down at Kuannana Beach as well, where you often see council turning a blind eye to people having a couple of free nights in the car park and there's a You know, there are often toilet blocks and showers and ablution facilities there for free campers. Hopeton, down on the southern coast, to stop free camping because of little issues. Liz Rivers is the is the founding director of the Gray Nomad Awards. Joins us. Now, gooday, Liz good Simon, good to talk to you. So what's happened in Hopeton? What are the show of Raven's all done?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 32: They decided to close a very popular free camp down there.
Speaker 1: Why say, well?
Speaker 32: I believe that the understanding is that there may have been some people staying there who were not following some of the rules, specifically the use of what's called a gray water tanks to be able to hold all of your the water in your van. Some people weren't doing that, not following the rules, so they decided that they're going to close it.
Speaker 1: It's great water use water is is it from the vans?
Speaker 33: It is?
Speaker 32: It's basically, let's say you put the water, turn the water on in your in your sink, so it's not flu it's fluent or anything. It's just simply slightly dirty water.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's the abuse of that. Was there some stories about about rubbish being left around as well?
Speaker 32: Is I don't know about that one, to tell you the honest true, Sir Simon. But it was the graywater one that I have become aware of.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, so is this commonplace? As I say, I see free camping spots being sort of and I think it works in with the city of Quanana, City of Freo. Do it at South Beach as well? Are we seeing more of these closurees? Are we?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 32: What's actually happening is that sometimes you see a council come along who goes okay, they receive a little bit of pressure from some of the businesses in their area, and most particularly it happens to be from the local caravan parks. Are they're saying, look, I'm missing out on some business. These guys are going and staying down the road for free. I'd like that money, please, I'm a rate payer. If you can please make sure that I get those people staying with me, then that would be the better thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably fair enough it Liza. I haven't been north for a few years, but there's a couple a big, sort of great nomad joints near Coral Bay. There's some up near Broom. There's still spots where people can go legally and you know, turn up in big numbers.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 32: Yeah, absolutely looks Western Australia has some absolutely cracker free tramp camps.
Speaker 26: It really does.
Speaker 32: And you know, people typically mostly people abide by whatever rules are set out and it's just a shame that hasn't happened down in Hopetown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. And what's happening with your awards? What's the latest?
Speaker 32: Ah, well, actually we're just having a little bit of a break this year.
Speaker 5: To TeV the honest truth silent.
Speaker 32: Yeah, So hopefully twenty twenty six you'll see us back bigger and better than ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good luck to you and nice talking to you today, Liz go well.
Speaker 32: Good one you thanks, Simon, have a good one, yeah, you two.
Speaker 1: Liz Rivers the founding director of the Gray Nomad Awards. So they're having a little break from the awards for whatever reason. Yes, I hope to have been abusing the gray Water tanks down there. So and the caravan parks is. Look, we'll put a little free era up alongside the caravan part down there. The free camping spots around the joint, where are they? There's one there's one south of Coral Bay that I remember going to and there were there were probably forty or fifty vans there and people just piling in and you know, four o'clock in the afternoon, the top comes off the unwooded chardonnaye bottles and people wonder around, maybe have a bit of a fish, catch up with each other. Really really really good Australian thing to do, isn't it. I think there's from memory, last time I went crabbing, well last time the only time I went crabbing with my mate car there's one on the Estuary, I think on the eastern side of the Estuary. I don't know if it's free or not, but it's a pretty popular spot. The free camping spots. Where are they?
Speaker 16: One?
Speaker 1: Double, three, eight to eighty two? Do you ring a bell at your joint? Shawn's mate is about to list business on the Australian Stock Exchange and there's a bell, a ceremonial bell that will be run on Thursday when it goes through. It's all part of the ceremony of being listed. Did the Kevin.
Speaker 33: Hey right?
Speaker 21: I think?
Speaker 34: I think it's all State Swings but stay swim Juna up. The kids mass at the level they can ring.
Speaker 1: The bell, so that again Kevin kids at June Lup.
Speaker 23: Where at State Swim.
Speaker 1: At State Swim yep at June Loup.
Speaker 34: Yeah, at State Swim, when the kids pass the level, they get to ring the bell.
Speaker 1: They really it's in the and it's it's in the pool, is it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, in the pool area.
Speaker 10: So when they're going out to the admin area they ring the bell and it tells everybody that they pass.
Speaker 1: Oh how good sad. That's really good, isn't it? So that State Swim do that yeah, stay swim. Yeah cool, keV. Do you know if it happened because there's a few state swims is that? Do you know if it happens at the other ones?
Speaker 27: I'm not sure.
Speaker 34: I take my kids mainly to joole up, so that's what I'm experienced with, but I'm pretty sure maybe with all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, make good, good call, Thank you. I didn't know that that's a good Where do you ring a bell at your joint? Hello? Rob? Rob? Can you hear me? Simon?
Speaker 35: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 23: When I had my cancer treatment at Charlie Garden the hospital, when you and you finished your treatment, you get the bell down there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? Where where is the bell physically? Mate?
Speaker 23: In the oncology department? Right, so as you walk out, there's the nurse's station and you ring the bell there so everyone knows that you've finished your course of treatment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good, isn't that? What a great idea was that? Chemo? Was it wrong?
Speaker 23: Chemo and radiation they do a Midland hospital as well?
Speaker 1: Do they really didn't know that? And is it a full blind metal bell or is it a buzzer and a button.
Speaker 23: To full full button hanging on the wall and you get your taken.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 23: That's yeah, just great to finishing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a nice idea. How are you traveling, mate?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I'm five years out of it now.
Speaker 1: What what do it feel like when you're ringing the bell? That just I guess you You didn't know what the next five years is going to hold, did you.
Speaker 23: That's right at the beginning of the journey to say that it's going to come back and come back the first two years and I had it in the light and I've just been discharged from Charlie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well done mate. Hey, thanks for Robert. It's a really good call. Thank you mate, all the best of you. Mate. Might might see you can find some of this audio Seawan the bells ringing. Jimmy's onto it as well, could I? Bill?
Speaker 27: All right mate, that's like just stole my.
Speaker 1: Thunder Sorry about that same place.
Speaker 6: I'm just leaving.
Speaker 18: Stanley at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And.
Speaker 36: I was just thinking I've just had my radiation treatment for today and I was thinking I'm looking forward to ringing that bell there.
Speaker 19: In front of the reception.
Speaker 1: So there's one not understanding too, is there? Bill?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 36: Mate?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many? Yeah, proper full blown metal bell. How many treatments you got to go? Bill? I've got four to go mate, Yeah, all right, all right. How are you feeling?
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, not too bad.
Speaker 1: It could be better, it could be worse. Yeah. I've got a mate who's always going through it, Bill, and he says similar, you have to do it. You just got to get on with it, don't you. Yeah, that's it, mate, I try no choice. But yeah, you're out looking your attitude and we'll carry you a long way. Thanks Bill, really good to talk to you. Make good luck from all of us.
Speaker 23: Thank you, mate?
Speaker 1: Who's Bill?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Is that it Jimmy? That is the chemo bell?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you say where? It's a hospital in the UK? At the Universal? You actually ring that little belly?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you mate, to see if we can find thank you James. See we can find the one that Fionn and Stanley or at Charlie Gardner's had no idea, which isn't a bad thing, I don't think I Michael.
Speaker 33: Hello, are you Simon?
Speaker 1: Good? Mate?
Speaker 3: Where have you got a bell?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 36: I've got a bell beside the and when I need another bear, I ring that for the message to go and get me another bear and yeah.
Speaker 1: Does it work.
Speaker 17: Anymore?
Speaker 24: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: For whom the bell tolls. Thanks Michael, cheers mate, Good luck mate, all the very best. Don't try this at home, right schel don't try Darren from Oakford if you're listening, don't use your walkie talkie, don't use your bell. Hop out and get your own drinks.
Speaker 17: Good I Aaron, morning, Simon.
Speaker 34: Here we here we had done my daughter's on its birthday, yeah, September and round my face to the face. Then dad came out with a big bell, ringing the bell, and I panted speeches, Where.
Speaker 1: Did you know who's going to do it?
Speaker 37: No?
Speaker 24: No, didn't Actually where do you get it from?
Speaker 34: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 34: It's just just in his shed, just a bed.
Speaker 1: And have a bell and his shed, so one of those ones with a handle on, mate, So you sort of shake it and it rings.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was yeah, yeah, okay, how.
Speaker 24: Did you go?
Speaker 1: How was your speech?
Speaker 27: I didn't do a speech?
Speaker 24: No way, your daughter.
Speaker 34: Dad just did a speech and my daughter didn't. I think she did one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, nice, thank yeah, thanks Aaron. Cheers mate. So that was Aaron, wasn't it? That was Aaron, could I Ron?
Speaker 24: Okay, So there you go.
Speaker 33: Yeah, we've got when you complete the thousand club people, when walk on munderin telby this bell and the visitors center and you get dring the bell that you've completed your trick.
Speaker 16: And is it like is it?
Speaker 1: Is it like a proper metal bell?
Speaker 21: Yeah? Yeah, properly old school yard bell.
Speaker 1: Wow, out of it and it's in the album you visit a center.
Speaker 8: That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow? How do Ron? How do they know you have?
Speaker 21: It's just on the system. You signed the book line and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that's good. Honor systems, A good I of systems. Thanks Ron, good on your mate. How long did it take you?
Speaker 21: I did it in a section. It took me fifteen months over all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well done, thanks Ron, Thanks for the call. Okay, cheers mate. Fifteen months to walk the bit one track and you get to ring a bell in the Albuny Visitors Center. So the Australian Stock Exchange here in Perth and Exchange Plaza have a bell. The cancer clinics at Charlie Gardeners, if you under Stanley got a bell. I know there are car yards I know of at least one car yard on scar Beach Road that has a bell when they sell a new car and the albumy Tourist Center's got one. Yeah, that's cool, isn't it? Wonderuble three A two. There's a few bells around the joint. There's a bell at the Kingsway Football Club.
Speaker 19: Is there.
Speaker 1: For when they win? For when you win? Nick?
Speaker 33: No?
Speaker 1: So when you're Nick Alviani works on the Perth Live Show and he for some reason he's talking to me through the glass but I can't hear him. So right, you can hear Nick and Oliver and Vickie's works afternoon between one and five. It's that was weird. It's four a minutes to eleven. Back in a second pastoral problem solved. If you want to call in you can. It's eleven minutes to eleven. Bit of a time with one of our other topics today, are you going? Do you want to go and see ac DC? The Yes, the thirty two, the nose of forty four? What about this talking about bells today? Seawan's mate has a about has a company that's about to be listed on the as X and they ring the bell and the pit in Exchange Plaza how good. That's the w A version of in of the Australian Stock Exchange. Get a John A you good, thank you.
Speaker 8: I know of a bell that never gets rung.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 17: It's the bell at my local pub and if.
Speaker 22: You ring it you have to buy the whole pub around a drink.
Speaker 1: Pans have never ring, No one's ever used it. What pubs that, John?
Speaker 8: That's as far as waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, too big. You don't want to buy that. But that's first of those guys too. Thanks John, appreciate that. I think golf course is a whole in one. You ring a bell too, don't you sure? And we think not sure? Thanks John?
Speaker 3: Get I das.
Speaker 24: A morning bee?
Speaker 34: Yeah, I.
Speaker 24: Did my Oh we've got a I'll go a bed call. That's all right, I'll cook Joey. The I did my Charlie Gardner se for cares through about three years ago. So I'm good. But I was also thinking you wouldn't rob the bills who are ringing if you're a fireman.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true, that's true. Yeah, okay, mate, good on dairs. Thank you. Lots of correspondence coming in from from people the state swim schools all through the Metro area have a belt when the kids ring when they pass the level. That's very cool. Good Louise.
Speaker 5: Good As Simon, I would just like to sad, Oh sorry, I've got feedback one moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no worries. We're getting in a lot from people today.
Speaker 3: How's that better?
Speaker 14: That There was the Plants shows in a Mexican restaurant in Subiaco in the nineties, and they had a tradition that you sold a little bottle tequila with the meztl bottom it would be on you would get your name engraved on a board on the wall. So they used to ring a bell and get the attention of all the caprons and they would say here, here, here, here, ye and you would have to scull the little bottle of tequila and show everyone the women on your tongue and then swallow it and you would have your name.
Speaker 38: Engraved on the wall.
Speaker 14: And I've still got the certificate.
Speaker 1: Oh it's going to that's my next question. That you did it and then then you rang a bell. Yeah, thank you did it, But I thought I was still you got the stupid Still thank you, Louise. I drink responsibly everyone. For some reason, some of our called us on the getting bit of feedback on the phone. Sorry about that? Would I know if it's saying doing here? We will try and have a look at that. Panchos in Subi. That was good, wasn't it? El Gringoes and Subi that might have been better? One double three A eighty two. A lot of correspondents on do you have a bell at your place? Carolyn says yeah, Na won't be going to see akadaka. Helen says yes to ac DC. Michael says there are some golf courses that have a bell on the course. You have to ring to let the group behind you know you're out of range. The Cut golf course is a bell in one of the fairlies of a blind t shot. You ring the bell and it's clear for the people behind a hit. Yeah, that's cool. Who's that from? One of our listeners. And a lot of the state swim schools have a bell. Crash in Wandi, Hello Crash. State swim school in Quanana have a bell. The kids wring they pass the level, everyone claps to celebrate their achievement. My girl loves it. Good to hear from me. Crash, that's cool. And Denise says you can ring the bell at Taco Bell Restaurant if you're happy with your meal. Thanks Denise. I hope that's true, Steve says, cottus Low Prime School, seventy eight. You's have a bell for recess and lunch, and Dave backs up the Bibman track story that there's also a bell in Talamuando if you go the other way. So thanks Davi and Guildford per Children's Hospital also have a bell to signal someone being cancer free, says Dan. Thank you and our mate, Sirresh says forty eight sessions of chema therapy every morning and radio every afternoon. Knocking me around a bit, says Sir Esh. He had the opportunity to ring the bell, but he's too naked to do it.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: P H two as well. This one here, Mary's Mount Private Primer School, Gooseberry Hill have a bell ringing ceremony for the year six graduating students. Each student runs through the school. He's giving high fives and as a bell each one to get a ring. It's fantastic, Thank you Mark, really good to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break, we will continue. It's five minutes to eleven. It will Scofield will be in after eleven o'clock. We going to start a new segment today, the Good, the Bad, and the ugly from the weekend. Stay listening, Thanks for listening in. Jeffs called in, good day, Jeff Imon, How are you good? Mate? The bells?
Speaker 35: Oh yeah, sorry, we're just getting a bit of echo.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, Jeff, Yeah, we'll call you back, mate, We'll call you back trying. I don't know why that's happening. We've actually rebooted our phone system in here during the news, so we're not quite sure. We've had a whole pilor callers who make noises like Jeff. Oh, it's a couple of minutes to eleven o'clock today. If you are our call of the day today, we've got a couple of movie tickets for our call today. Just see the new Flict. It's called the Materialists or Materialists. It's got Dakotah Johnson and Chris Evans and Pedro Pascal, yeah, ringing and you. If you are our call of the day today, Materialists coming your way. Get Jeff, do we have you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 35: Sorry, Simon, there was a bit here, Kelly, I don't know my story and My story is in high school because we had a bell in high school nowadays before the siren. Then the bell used to sit in the foyer, so I won't mention that person's dame on there. But someone decided to pinch the bell so it wouldn't be rang, so they couldn't ring it for lunchtime or since. So we're all out at lunch and we'll sing why is this?
Speaker 16: We were always so long at lunchtime, you know.
Speaker 35: But someone pinched the bell and then all the teachers are running all around the whole is the height you.
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 17: You pinch it to too much information?
Speaker 1: I thought, there's you as Jeff from Vaswa. That's all. It's going to be deaf. It's coming up to eleven o'clock. Will Scofield will join us after eleven o'clock Sports Footy Life call in one, double three two. We're trying to fix the echo on our text line. We've rebooted our phone box a couple of times and Dave says, looks like a bit of echo on your text line. Line lines, let's do this.
Speaker 3: And now former fines master at the West Coast Eagles Premiership player Will Scofield oday, well good day mate, very well, Hello y, that was good, Probably the best text I've heard in the wild.
Speaker 1: How did the Jan Schofield? If you're listening in, we might have a little crack you and I to kick things off today. One a little crack at the Good and the Bad and the Ugly, which of course was a spheady Western back in the day. Here here it is here it was, so the goodn't the bad the ugly from the weekends go we I'm going to go kind of close, stup. I to go with Jake String's two goals, like just one a dribbler and then one from both sides to eventually get the Giants home.
Speaker 3: No one in the AFL could do that. He's one of about three players. If you kick from either side of the ground like that, with like nonchalantly, like falling off into the crowd as unbelievable, kick it at full pace, it's crossed the line on the full.
Speaker 1: He didn't dribble it from an acute angle. And then I did it from the other side. So that's the good, the bad. The bad is the rabbit O's losing by in Golden Point to the storm. That was no good and the ugly was talk back radio in Melbourne after Carlton's loss on VOSSI that got real ugly real quick. Yeah, that was ugly.
Speaker 3: You have a good bad and the acting for me, I do, and they're a bit you know, I like going a bit rogue. Ryan Lester was the good for me. He played on Jeremy Cameron. I don't know why I'm blanking out on Yeah, but the key defender that just got injured, pain pain, he's after the fatal attendant and Ryan Lester, like he's a key defender is what I reckon. The most unheralded defender in the league. He's one ninety centimeters and he plays so much taller. So they're going to need Yeah, they're gonna have to They're going to need him. The the bad. The only reason they're not the ugly is because I didn't see it. But like Carlton are bad, like they are absolutely yeah they should be ugly, and I think it's going to turn ugly. But they're bad only because I didn't see the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah it made the massive comeback, but yeah, just way too late.
Speaker 3: Do you have an ugly and the ugly mate, I mean the vitriol and carry on and subsequent fining of tagers is ugly. I hear some of the greats of the game, David King was one of them, heard him specifically say we've got to protect our great players. We can't have players like this in the game. Are you kidding me? It is a bad and ugly day for footy. If we don't want taggers in the game. How you can't have a player that's willing to sacrifice their game for the good of their team, not their own, to stop the best player on the other side if we lose that. But have you seen this thousand dollar five? That's a disgrace. And the AFL I've had a few of those this year, but that is almost the worst. Yeah, it was pathetic.
Speaker 1: I heard AFL and Collingwood great Tony Shaw us yesterday on our coverage. Do you support taggers? He said, yes. I was a Tager and I did everything I possibly could blokes off the game and get the ball.
Speaker 3: This is nothing to do with Nick Dakos. So there are people, are you know? Because of the specific incident, it looks like Nick sort of flops a bit, which he probably does. Get the free kick, like good on him, to be honest, it's just like Taggers doing their their dark art stuff, like good on them. So it's not Nick Dakos being weak or anything like that. He's a gun, he's a weapon. I give him a fair bit of s hi t for like never taking a photo without Josh and Peter by his side. But he's a very very very good player. And so it's not to do with Nick Deakos. It's just overall like why are we punishing taggers ugly stuff?
Speaker 1: One number three eight o E two Do you have a good bad and the ugly force going? And I today love to hear from you, give us a shout one number three two. I always ask you this at the start of a Monday show. Will whose footy is the best footy at the moment?
Speaker 3: Well, it's Collingwood. And the better they get, the sadder I get. I mean, they're two games clear at the top of the ladder at the moment, and they look they look like they will beat anyone if they and not if they feel like they will beat anyone. And I'm sure someone will beat them for the rest of the year. Maybe they won't. But sine Kilda at times challenged them, but not really like Collingwood were just good to go. But I do say that GWS is win that that could certainly galvanize that side. That's one of the best wins I've seen from a team in a little while.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine points down the third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the first quarter they should have been ten goals down. Like they had multiple occasions during that game to give up, and they didn't, and they won. I think it says more about GWS than it does gold Coast that win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and Brizzy on Friday night and the Yeah, that was a big win Subar that was huge.
Speaker 3: I mean, we should have seen that coming. They just lost to GWS the week before. We should have seen that coming potentially, but that game was over at halftime and they just completely shut down Geelong's game, and you know, question marks for Geelong maybe a couple, but nothing major. Brisbane are very good, but just not as good as Collingwood at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So Brisbane for you and Colin. I mean last week we were saying Geelong warming, So it's a it can change a bit in a week. Love to hear from me. One double three eighty two. So what happens at Carlton the baying for blood. There's blood in the water. The sharks are circling VOSSI what does Wilf's Gofield think, Well, lack of cattle.
Speaker 3: You'd have to say, through lack of cattle that they have designed a game plan over a number of years now. They made a prelim two years ago. But the game is going further and further away from the game plan they play, which is a contested brand. It's a stoppage brand, low moving brand. And that's to do with the players I have and Michael Voss has. Going Okay, this is the playing group I had, this is the game style, because I can't play a quick game with Patrick Cripps and Chera and Hewitt and Dougherty like these are all their major starts to get us. None of them are quick. So I can't play a I can't play like Adelaide or Hawthorne or Geelaung or Collinwood or Brisbane. I'll just named the top six teams in the compr or GWS. I can't do that. But the game's gone so far past that that they're just stuck in the mud, like even you know, West Coast and the Kangaroos and Richmond. If you think about those three teams, none of them know how to win. But even though Kangaroos did and I picked them, by the way, they all are trying to play a quicker run on if you think about West Coast like that, they're trying to play a faster style, whereas Carlton Art. And so that's where the chat starts going. For Michael Voss, Patrick Voss, my favorite Freemantle player at the moment is he buy us absolute country mile, and then it's Josh Tracy and then another country mile and then the rest of them. Actually, Luke Jackson's there. Actually I like cards, I like free Metal. But Michael Voss, that's where you know, yes, it was caused by Cattle and then the players he has, but it's also his game style, like he sets that that's what the coach does, and then they've got trouble buying into certain elements of it. And yeah, it's a complete dumpster fire in there really, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's movement at the coaching tables.
Speaker 1: Dumpster far I like it, can I Stewart.
Speaker 19: Big your pardon?
Speaker 3: Hello, Stuart?
Speaker 1: What do you going for us, mate, far away mate.
Speaker 36: I'd like Scoury to talk up the mighty mighty Cats a little bit.
Speaker 17: I think they're going to.
Speaker 24: I can't see Collingwood.
Speaker 17: I can't see the morning of premiership.
Speaker 3: All right, sure how much Stewart, it's a bad Monday to ring up about the Cats are unfortunately. I mean he's got done by forty one points on the weekend at home where you don't lose, and elements of your game weren't working as well as possible. I think with Geelong, if you're going to play them, you go and shut down Smith and Holmes. They don't have a midfield behind that. You put a defensive forward on Tom Stewart, don't let him roll off an intercept, and then you shut down Jeremy Cameron and I don't think Geelong can win many games of football, but people's ready to go head to head with them and do all this stuff. They've got four really important players. If you shut them down, which the best sides will I think the Cats will struggle to win a flag this year. Collingwood, yeah, I can see them winning your premiership, absolutely, that.
Speaker 1: Can thanks Stuart. Let us know if when you do ring in if we do have the techo on the line, let us know, because I can hear it in people's voices. They can't hear what they're saying.
Speaker 3: This w thinking a Troy, Hello, Troy, goodness, CHRISTI a mate.
Speaker 38: Hey, good buddy, Hey guns.
Speaker 1: I man, Troy, thank you, thanks for accent.
Speaker 38: No, we're out here, mate, good, bad, ugly, the good, ten years, the bad, twenty five million dollars and the ugly will be if Harley Reed accepts the offer from a club in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: What's the twenty five million dollars? I'm lost?
Speaker 21: Listen?
Speaker 17: Are you hearing me?
Speaker 38: Listening?
Speaker 3: I'm down by Troy. I hear you loud and clear. Mate.
Speaker 38: Well ten years is the contract?
Speaker 36: Right?
Speaker 38: For ten years? He's been off for ten years? Twenty five mil?
Speaker 35: Ray?
Speaker 3: Oh Troy, I mean you know, you know, you're a great contributor to station Troy. But like if I just blump you in with everyone else he wants to talk about hardly reads contract. That's not true, that's just made up. So look, if he goes somewhere else, yeah maybe that is bad, but it sounds like he's going to sign. And I think West Coast are in a good spot to do that. And if we're talking about contracts, Oscar Allen is another one that you probably need to bring into that mix. I heard John Ralph speak about this during the weekend, and it's probably the best I've heard spoken about. Athink's West Coast are a very good spot. The trigger for a first round selection at free agency for Oscar Allen is eight hundred thousand dollars. The contract has to be above that. So if the contract offered by someone else is eight hundred or above, West Coast aren't going to pay that and they're going to get a first round pick. Conversation, if the offer is seven hundred and nine, one hundred and nine dollars, West Coast will pay and keep Oscar and keep their captain. So they either get their captain or a first round pick, and that that they're pretty much all a line on the sound there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty five million, ten years bit of this, I reckon, we'll come back into We'll come back in the moment nineteen. You're right over there, mate, over the edge.
Speaker 3: Twenty five million?
Speaker 1: What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Has not the figure has not been table by anybody.
Speaker 1: Scaley's beaning. He just got really tight nineteen minutes past eleven. If you like to ringing about what you saw on the weekend with regards any sport, the good, bad or the ugly. Min g Lee was good. The NRL last week was good, the bad or the ugly. Love to hear from you. One double three a day two. A wet day at the Recangular Stadium on the weekend meant that there wasn't a great crowd for the Dolphins. The Dolphins got knocked off on the weekend by the Newcastle Knights, which was unexpected, but a lot of their players go, they come off origin they played three days later. Outrageous, isn't it? Okay, Yeah, I can't believe that three games in three days, Todd, how are you?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Good yourself?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Going well mate, and just heading to her and the wranger up at the morow. But I was reading up to mention the went to the game on the weekend, the Dolphins game and the ninth massive underdog, the ninth. I think that one stage there are four eighty five or something and to win in the last sixty seconds. I took my son and six of his mates. They all loved it. It was a great little game.
Speaker 23: So that's a good ugly.
Speaker 13: It was State of Origin. The Lomaxes kicking was bloody woful. We lost this the game and I'll go I'll go Carton as well. But I almost can't support it. I didn't watch it. If I watched the same as you want to win, ugly mate, But I was just like, oh, bloody.
Speaker 1: Hell, isn't it Todd. It's a lot of talkback callers saying it's the coach. The coach has got to go. What do you think? I'm not of that for you, but and no, I just will what do you think?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 13: Plus he's not too bad, he's got a bit of mungling in. But I don't know, just players needed, buddy, have a look at themselves. Really, the players aren't playing as their roles properly, I don't think, and the last few games, and they need to step up and get a bit of mongering himself. I suppose. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good call, ty. I like all of it.
Speaker 1: Actually.
Speaker 3: I was at the State of Origin and thought in New South my Ales might get over the line there, but couldn't quite do it. I didn't see the NRL what you were speaking about Bowie. But if it was a last minute winter, that's that's what you want to do. There was good crowds. There was ripping crowds at the State of Origin. Yeah, like that was sold out and we were doing the outside broadcast from up to stadium. And it wasn't AFL fans, you know, swapping out their AFL jumper I might chuck on the Queensland and jumping like. There was genuine Queenslanders and New South welshmen and women and kids and families and you know they were They were NRL fans. They were Rugby League.
Speaker 1: Tell can't you They're different, aren't they? Yeah, they lurch around, they stumble around a bit more.
Speaker 3: No, I reckon. You can tell AFL fans too as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can.
Speaker 3: So, I just didn't see many of them. And it was good.
Speaker 1: Sure it was Hi Jerry, good, bad and.
Speaker 18: The ugly Scoey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Mine is simple, good, bad and ugly as all three answers the same good Carleton that they got beaten, bad, so bad, we're Carleton and so ugly were Carlton?
Speaker 3: Simple Jerry, you're a Collingwood. Doubt the hotel, which was good, you must be that up and about at the moment.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling.
Speaker 18: I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I think we've got to get to the grand final before you win a flag. And of course we know they're not one untill September, but I think it could possibly be a Brisbane Collingwood Grand Final.
Speaker 3: And are you happy with the treatment I won't say of Nick Dakos. Are you happy with the treatment of taggers at the moment? John?
Speaker 18: Oh, yeah, I hope they don't take that out of the game. It's all part of the healthy game and if you're know anything about it, if you're fair thinking about it, obviously tagging is there's some times you have to. But no, Colin would doing pretty well. And I think all the media beat it up more than anybody else. Colin would know exactly where they're going and where they're going to what they're aiming for. It's the media beat up that all.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 18: I can't stand this talk about you know we're going to win a premiership this early? They just I know it's a gold cliche, but it's a week at a time and go the pies.
Speaker 1: Very good. Jerry always good to have good bad in the ad. Can't what about I think one of the more joyful things in the game. And this is not meant, it is not meant to be a slight on the tie because they're rebuilding Western Bulldogs in full flight when they're going. That's a that's a good look, that's easy on the eye. When the bullies are going is one hundred and thirty five points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, the conversation is going to switch pretty quickly, Tomara hugile Hagen, if it hasn't already. He's back at the club, he's training, supposedly. He just released a podcast with some friends of mine over areas. There was some interesting parts of it around his mental health and why he's been away from the club. You know, you know, given I do podcasts and have long form conversation with people, I don't like to ever, you know, I don't think you can really question what comes out of his mouth because that's just what it is, and it's in a long form conversation. So I think that if he can get himself back and going, I think I've sort of flipped my well, he's going to earn back his trust. I reckon I Reckon. If he just trains and does everything everyone else is doing at the Bulldogs, I think people will just move on quickly. And if he's playing okay, he'll be in that site. So a forward line with Norton, Jamara hugle Hagen and Sam Darcy at the very back end of this year, I'd be pretty scared playing against that as a backman.
Speaker 1: I think I heard Dwayne Russell call in the Human Skyscraper s not bad?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Cluke Darty? Little boy?
Speaker 3: He gave a man, Noel Bolter, an absolute blood bath. He kicked five goals to nineteen touches, eight marks and was everywhere.
Speaker 30: We do.
Speaker 1: Go through the round and reflect on your thoughts. It was a long time ago now, Frio by forty one points against Desendon and I thought, you know where Jack and I took about on Frida. I thought they were good and they put they did what they had to do. Are they're a early ranked team, but three or five in a row.
Speaker 3: So did you watch that game? Yeah? Who was better? Luke Jackson or Caleb Sarrong. So David, I tell I'll tell you David Mudday's answer, and I'll tell you my answer.
Speaker 1: I thought Luke Jackson was more showy and more obvious, not more obvious because of you know the way and he kicks the goals. But it's really hard to draw wrong and bray sure that she's there, you know, in and under so wrong for.
Speaker 3: Me, Jackson for me, and Dave fair enough gave so wrong the three votes. But even though Jackson was up against the Debutane, he kicked three goals at fifty hit outs in the ruck, Like you can only play against who you're playing against. I just think for a ruckman, that's as good as it gets, and he is the solo ruck was very good. I don't think that takes away from the conversation with I think Seawann Darcy will be back in the side this week. Yeah, I think they like playing. You know, I know Jackson has a better game, but I think Freo has a better game with Seann Darcy. Where I do think that that probably a little bit overs in his inside midfielders with five Erasmus Johnson, Brayshaw, Sarong playing Oh Driskill at center bounces, which they did. They've got one too many inside mids in there, so I don't know who that is that comes out I'm not going to put a gun to anyone's ed, but they've got one too many in there right now.
Speaker 1: And shape Bolton incredible, absolutely reliable and incredible. He's a show.
Speaker 3: Well well yes, but he's not getting any inside minutes now because I've got too many inside mids. So he looks even better when he goes to the midfield, which he's not right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we talked about the game down at the Cattery, so brizzy by forty one points comprehensive sko he Yeah, they picked them apart.
Speaker 3: They shut down those players that I was talking about. Ride Leicester did a job and camera and they sort of worked at Tom Stewart out of the game and Max Siams had not a lot of impacts. So yeah, they were brilliant Brisbane. We just need to see probably some more consistency from them because they did lose the week before in a pretty bad loss.
Speaker 1: North b de cart and at the g he can't come home with a wet sar But North Comprience, how was that ruckman?
Speaker 3: Christian Sherry? How good is an absolute weapon. I think he's just below Max Gorne in terms of best ruckommen in the comp. They were up by forty two points at three quarter time. They didn't score in the last quarter and did everything they could to lose that. They were thirty and six threequdter a time finished the game thirty and six and Carlton kicked five to five. So it would have been a bad one to lose for Kangaroo supporters. But they get it done.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, and the skipper goes well, doesn't he? Joye Simpkins Port Adelaide, Sydney Swans. This one's pretty much in control of this in Nadelaide.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I didn't see any of this. I've read reports on it. I think they're the only side outside the top nine that could even think about challenging for finals. And I still don't think they'll make it. But with Meals back, with Golden back, they have good enough players to make a run at it. But I think they're too far back at two games behind.
Speaker 1: Right now, Collingwood knocks and Kilder off by thirty four points. Ross Sert finds a little deflection in all of it to talk about tagging and umpiring decisions, and you know we're going to ask a question on some of these decisions. Is there one rule for some and one rule for others? But the w goes in Collingwood's column.
Speaker 3: Yeah, umpiring is always an interesting thing. I won't go into that. That's umpiring during my weekend. I'm not going to talk about. But Collingwood and Sinklda. Collingwood just be too good to be honest. And now Ross always deflex That's what he does. He's been doing it for at three clubs s in Kilda three now back at sin Kilda.
Speaker 1: Ripping game GWS versus the Sun just so high scoring early one hundred and six to ninety nine. Gdews get home by seven points to rip a goals from Jakie Boys Stringer.
Speaker 3: That's the best game I footy. I've watched this this this year. It was unreal. Had everything, big leads, high pressure, high scoring, great goals, great center play, Tom Green had sixteen clearances like it was elite and they get it done first to one hundred usually wins, and they do. But it was interesting seeing Damien Harwick's comments post game in the press are about sorry not David Harwick's loop. Beveridge's comments in the press a post game of his game. So someone had reported that they had met up and that Matt Real had told him he wasn't coming to the Bulldogs, and then Beveridge, who'd seen the result in that game, said, well they've just lost. Is you're going to change his mind?
Speaker 1: Go Bevo. The Bullies running one hundred and thirty five against against Richmond and we have talked about year in full fight there or something we will come back in just a moment. Tony Pet's day there, lads get to you in just a second, good bad and the ugly coming in today and that he yeah, no willow for Will Schofield, thank you for listening. In twenty four minutes to midday, Will scofields with us. We're likely to have Scoey on a Monday reflecting on footy, sport in life. And on the weekend they see the two Carton kids crying in the crowd and the fanta I.
Speaker 3: Saw they've all happy with them showing it on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit little boy balling his eyes out. I did say that, asking me how I feel about it. Yes, And we've had some comments coming on the text, people saying I hope they're okay.
Speaker 3: Those kids are they're okay too. I just assume they just love their club. And they said they lost, that's all right, they got to be sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is okay to be said, yeah, yeah, I've I went to the two thousand and five Grand Final and West Coast lost to cry No, but there were kids around me crying. I mean I felt like it. So they were kids. There were kids crying, said yes, yes, this gidding about ten and he's crying and his little brother's fair enough. He's never seen his brother cry and he's looking at his going what's fair enough? Sad times footy sometimes Tony, you get a.
Speaker 22: Get good after good morning, I'll go.
Speaker 1: Just lost you the attorney just spin around a bit mate, were having trouble hearing you?
Speaker 33: Can you hear me?
Speaker 23: Now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 9: Okay A good which is actually awesome. It's the mighty colling of football club for a team that's been known as too slow, too two days to that the bad.
Speaker 13: It's calm and I.
Speaker 9: Don't think Michael Voss is the one that needs to go. I think he's lining coaches, his assistant's head. A recruitment needs to go. They need to bring Ken Hinckley as the director of coaching and the Ugly I know you're not going to like this, Goey, and we debated this last week. I don't like the West Coast Eagles list and I don't like the Richmond list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not fair enough, Tony. I mean it's a bit hard not to like the Richmond list. They've I think, just gone and taken like thirteen draft days at the draught. Like I think we're just going to give them a bit of time. I think you're within your rights to not like the West Coast list. And I have not liked the West Coast list for a number of years. But I just woke up positively last Monday, so that's all good. And I'm just great to see Collingwood supporters coming in hot on Carlton. But that was that was I like that solution from Tonyrather than just say, oh, Carlton's crap. Yeah, they might be crap. At what's wrong? Maybe the assistant coaches, maybe Ken Hinckley's are fixed.
Speaker 1: That's good, Tony. Some southern river how crime a territory.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, Tony, beautiful part of the world.
Speaker 1: Isn't it isn't it? Jas get a Pete.
Speaker 22: Phillis first. I just don't say about North Melbourne. I've been watching them all this year and they've had some really narrow losses against really top sides and I think they're the they're the one rising app to me that team can play good enough at the moment there should be in the bottom of the top eight. It's actually going and Alistair Clarks has definitely turned them around. I mean, they should have won against Freeman, and they should have won against a couple of the other top sides. And they've got a good spread of talent right across the field, and they're well coached, the well drilled and the discipline and the opposite of Carlton Vice has got to go. He should never have been given the job. We have to the back lines lacking. The midfield is a bit slow. The only reason we beat you long is because they're not exactly a fast team eater. But when we come up with a quick, skilled team, we're just left lagging. Forwards are probably as good as anybody else in the Lands. But there's a good news coming is that the bloke that used to run the development of kind would I've read the article about it. He's coming to take over Cartons and I'm not sure if it's the CEO or what I've just read the other day. And finally he'said would result with Carton, I know any where he's been with list. We really need to start looking at that a list and looking at it right through the whole club, because I've been folding since ninety sixty eight and we've folling self aromount of the same. And Carlton used to be like a great team as with self promental. And it's good for the competition when Carlton's going well because we draw the crowds. Were a better club than Kindwood. I know there were sixteen premierships spoke cast, but it took him a lot longer to get there, and we stole a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Or Happy to Go, Richard just love that line. We're better than Hollywood stuff and not anymore Beholder. You've got Quentinlin somewhere.
Speaker 3: It is either Beholders, haven't Pete can think of really likes and then Collingwood fans will just say straight back, So Jerry's young that we're better than you. But that's what that's what's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Was a long time ago. Did you find it, Jimmy, it's in here somewhere still looking, sir, thank you, Jim. All right, A quick yes, no, Willow, if if we may a couple of it, missus. This one here from m J will please massive family, turn it up. Love Jacko, who's playing gast eighteen year old surely mother says Stevie Ross was the coach with Stevie Baker played and he was a t was a tagger and a half. So yeah, this bit, as I say, Ross line, is the mass deflector a couple of yes nos for you, sco Yeah, no, Willow sounds good, more than happy for you to embellish sounds touch the way. Yes, No, twenty five million is a fair price for Harley reed.
Speaker 3: No, not even going.
Speaker 1: I'm not going into that. And the beat he just got tirer again from the text line from Charmaine, Luke Jackson looks like Benson Boone. I seen you the photo. Yeah, American American idol singer songwriter. No, no, all right, not at all, Charmaine, Charmaine's a fan. Yeah, I mean Benson Boone's a very good looking man. I don't think he looks like Luke Jackson at all. Yep, all right, six six hours callers don't always get it right and that's okay. Yes, despite us detractors, footy is good making a statement, he's good. Yeah, foot is good. Yes weekend with that AFL foot in wa is good. Scow he needed to break yes when they want to be Brisbane are the second best team in the AFL. No, Brismane are physically the biggest, second best, the strongest team in the AFL. No, the white T shirt, the Patrick Dangerfield white T shirt draped on every street when it's minus fifteen degree celsius. That that venture will never happen the game.
Speaker 3: They should have put him over their jumpers. I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have liked it enough to wear just the T shirts, put it over your big hoodie in your playing day. So fifty or fifteen seasons, was there ever a day where a player had a mask?
Speaker 30: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nick nat had one, Lynchy had one, Yep, Bunger had one.
Speaker 17: Did he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, I know Paul Kelly had one one day I went played at the SCG in Paul. Yeah, and that that was not the singer. No, not the singer. And I think Craig Turley had a mouse. Yeah, and he didn't know like he turned up and and he like it. Charlsy, tell us, what's what's this one? How did you go there? Jimmy, No, we still can't find it.
Speaker 3: The we got it?
Speaker 1: Are we good? Here is your mate? Islinch?
Speaker 16: Not anymore?
Speaker 3: Ripping out? Jaddy was in it too, Not the port, I said the Porsche.
Speaker 1: Collingwood. Collingwood's premier, Roger Cook prefers Katie Perry over a C d C.
Speaker 3: This is bad.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very bad, very bad. Member for Quanana mate. With two late goals, Jake Stringer has proven to be a worthy addition to the Giant side.
Speaker 3: I mean he was sub so sure. That's the best. That's the best first and best stuff I've seen from all year and it has to be continue it on.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a share, Yes, sure, Nick Daycoss is untaggable. No, Taggers are heroes, not villains. Yes, cane corns is the only bad thing about Taggers. No, AFL goalkicking will never improve because it's played between the years. Yep, ross Line is back to his bristly, grumpy best. Ross the Boss is under the pump.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Adam Trelaw's third calf injury this season spells the start of the end for this magnificent doggie. Yeah, whether we like it or not, Michael Voss's head is on the chopping block. Yeah, the Swan's are back. Yes, we'll Scofield's preparation with the Carton Draft and actually still going really well it is.
Speaker 3: It's going brilliantly because I was advised by someone who knows what they're talking about that the amount of preparation i'd done prior to eight weeks ago was zero and to start preparing with the eight week leading was a bad idea. So to continue at zero preparation was the best course. So if you take that into account, then yes, it's been brilliant preparation.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I have met I've used this a few times with you. Still side bottom still runs funny.
Speaker 3: I'd say, I don't. I don't know that. You get a few things in your bonnet.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he's magnificent.
Speaker 3: You've been rolling in McDonald thing. Perhaps still he stills is it and no one's picking up? But what does that say?
Speaker 1: I just know he says McDonald's. It's McDonald's. Beaties has got tighter again. Karen says, the you can't see he is Graham right and sought them out very good at the Hawks and the Pies. Karen and Cook. He's there too, Brian Cook. Don't forget that ox a gun. It was my next door Abo and Geelong grew up next to Brian Cook. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was was pretty good straight now Brian Cook next to us at me which was the lowest of the rungs. We had Nigel lappin on at the corner when he came in and as assistant coach. I four time premiership player or whatever it is. What's the name of the street, Admiral Court. But then across Admiral Court, but across the road from us was the draft ds host family house, so we had cain Tonay's Travis varco Joel Sellwood, Tom Hawkins, some other maybe even Danger he wouldn't have been there, but like gone straight. I wrote an article for Sports on Time and I went through them out of premierships and games played at that house that that court.
Speaker 1: Had had, Admiral Court, Admiral Court.
Speaker 3: Jan still live there, No, No, she's in she's in the pen house.
Speaker 1: She's moved somewhere, fancy pod house down by the bar. Yeah, good on you, Jan thanks listening Schoe. Thank you mate, thoroughly enjoyable. We're lucky to have you and we'll hear you during the week.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Good to mate, Wilf's Gohild fourteen to twelve. Thanks for listening in. That was sport forty in life with will Sschofield. Our yes no question today we always start the show with a yes no question. We try to clear something up. Do you want to go and see ac DC in December? The yeses are thirty three's and the noose of forty six keep them coming in. Thank you very much. Ray of Eden Hill says yes. Simon still sidebottom does run funny. He holds his arms weirdly, says Ray can play. Though, Ray, Hey, it's getting better. One double three add two mouses. I disagree. Goalkicking does improve with the right technique. Tracy Vos proving that yeah, the stats don't prove it, though mouse plenty points being kicked. One double three eight D two is the phone number. Let's do this.
Speaker 3: On per six PR, the stock market reports.
Speaker 1: Ohe Claire joins us from Share and Partners on this Monday morning, ohe, good morning. How is the market reacted to the US attacks.
Speaker 35: Morning, Simon, Well, not surprisingly, our share market is down today. But what is surprising is that the share market in Israel, which trades from Sunday through to Thursday, actually went up yesterday when the bombs in Iran started landing, and that was the fifth consecutive day of gains for them. So even with their airport shut and a lot of Israelis in bomb shelters, investors seem to be pretty confident about Israel's strategy, particularly now that the US is involved. That's not quite the picture here. We're taking a slightly more conservative view. Our share market is down, but it's only down by around half of one percent, and the Dow Jones futures are down around one hundred and thirty five points, that is zero point three of a percent, so not a dramatic sell off so far, which is good news. And of course the oil price remains very strong, as does the price of gold. In company news today, the share price of the retailer Adares has taken a pretty decent dive. Adares sell furniture and homewares, and according to their trading update release this morning, things are getting a bit tougher for them. They have been doing a lot of sales and promotions which have been boosting their sales numbers, but they've been eating into their profit margins and the share market doesn't like the sound of that. The Adair share price is down by twenty percent. They are now back to two dollars and three cents. And the wholesaler Metcash, who sell the groceries to the IgA supermarkets, are having a better day. They have beaten market expectations in their full year results. We're still buying plenty of groceries. In fact, the Petcash sales increased by seven percent to nearly twenty billion dollars. They also sell liquor and hardware, and they both posted an increase in sales on last year as well, but tobacco sales were down again. They fell over twenty percent as people continue to switch back to the black market for their cigarettes and to vapes. The Metcash final dividend for the year came in at nine and a half cents. That's up from eight and a half since last year, so the metcast share price has rallied. They're up by four percent to three dollars eighty five. But overall the broader market is down, but not by too much. The all lords currently off forty seven points at eighty six hundred and seventy eight.
Speaker 1: S eighty six. What was the final eight six seven eight you say correct? Yep, all right beautiful, Thank you, Owe, have a good afternoon. Chatting again tomorrow. Thank you very much. Well do cheers Bob, see mate the all odds index eight six seven eight. Thanks for listening in today one double three eight eighty two hasn't talked back? Topics coming up for you after midday today, Brian says, rumor has it? I've heard this rumor as well, Brian. I don't know if it was a rumor file or just a general discussion. Opta Stadium, the Burser Peninsula Stadium are working on facial recognition entry into the ground. Does this mean an end to the transfer of tickets? Don't know, Brian, I don't know what transfer of tickets is. We did have the story earlier this year. I think I think we were the first to talk about it.
Speaker 37: That the.
Speaker 1: That technology is used in Geelong on one ground in Australia, one AFL ground in Australia using that facial direction facial recognition technology and that is in Geelong. Thanks Brian, is there a bell in your world? There's one. A couple of golf courses have got them at different different places. So this one here from one of those one roo golf clubs as a bell. If you get a hole in one ring, the bell to buy around by the club. Thanks for that. I have a bell, Jerry of Basandeine. I have a bell given to me by my dad which is from a shipwreck. R M A S RMS Sorry Jerry, r MS Taylor t A Y L E. You are sank on route to Australia in eighteen fifty four and then three hundred eight passengers. It's known as the first Titanic owned by the White Star Line Maiden Voyage not enough light boats and the biggest ship built at the time. Jerry, I've never heard of that story. That's extraordinary, as as Anne Barclay, former producer of the show, would say, huge if true. Thanks for listening in today. One double three two is the phone number if you would like to give us a shout. We've got to give you after midday today. There's a scientist in Australia that is purposely, on purpose stood in a cage full of mosquitoes, as part of an experiment, we'll get to talk about mosquitoes from midday today. Thanks listening in one double three eight D two is their phone number. You can text us at zero four eighty seven triple nine eight eighty two. Back in the moment. Three and a half minutes to mid day. Sean's mate is launching a company this week onto the Australian Stock Exchange and he gets to ring a bell, the ceremonial bell in the stock exchange floor. Do you have a bell in your life today? Rob?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 23: Yeah, hey you going boe Yeah.
Speaker 13: If any of the family sleeps in too long on Sundays, the missus rings the bell.
Speaker 1: That is that right? Is it noisy? Is it a big bell?
Speaker 22: Only one of them?
Speaker 8: Little one?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 1: What's too late? What time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: Ten o'clock?
Speaker 1: All right? Is that happened very often?
Speaker 13: Not very often, but on the odd occasion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cheers mate, that's so there you go ring the bell when people are sleeping in High moraing on good morning, Simon, good morning.
Speaker 12: I've brought my bell about twenty years ago because my husband started to get a hearing problem and he just go down this year and I'd make a cup of tea and call him, and he wouldn't hear me, so I'd have to walk down. So I decided to buy a bell and it was a nice, nice big one. Nice to ring that and you'd know there was a cup of tea made, so he'd come up to have a cup of tea.
Speaker 1: And it's fine.
Speaker 12: Seventy would have been now seventy fourth anniversary today, but I lost him about eight years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that. More And what was what was her late hubby's name, Ron? Ron? And used to ring the bell and come up for a cop yesh, Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 12: He used to hear that, but he said, I used to say more, how come you can hear the bell but can't hear me? He said, collect to hearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, Marian, nice to hear from you, Ron Morien. He's here's to Ron. Thanks listening, coming up to midday. I love to hear from you. One double three akady two going to speak to a scientist who is purposely, on purpose stood in a cage full of mosquitoes. We'll have a chat about that in just a second. An Australia posts they're launching the're only three of them, but it's a mailbox that talks to you. It's an Australia Post mailbox. We don't we're not getting them in Wa, but the three and Austry they talk talk to you when you present and then turn up and you post a letter or post a parcel talking mailboxes. Thanks for listening in. I'm Simon Beaumont here until one o'clock. Wonderuble three eight D two. The phone lines are open. Oh those Russians will have a musical question for you around about twelve thirty today, So thanks for listening in on this Monday afternoon. I'm Simon Beaumont here till one o'clock today. Yes or no? Are you going to try and buy tickets to ac DC? Do you want to go? Will you go? The yes is the thirty five and the noser six. We have an interview coming up in just a moment about a scientist that purposely stood in a cage full of mosquitoes conducted a scientific experiment on themselves. And I just want to reflect on went down to a town of the city of Quanana on the weekend and there's a new there's an old street in quan Uncle Christmas Avenue and it runs past a realier overal, right, and I think we've all got one of these streets in our suburb, and it's got six new speed humps on it. In about a kilometer, maybe less than a eight hundred meters, there are six speed humps and they are shockers. They are absolute brutal speed humps. You have no choice other than to go at one kilometer an hour over them. So I wanted to ask you about that today. The worst speed humps, speed bumps in Perth. We're the worst speed humps in Perth. They are shakers on Christmas a I when I had a look on the City of Quanana's website today and they're being put up for all the usual reasons. Rat runs people going to asked, anti social behavior, all the usual reasons. And it came about Arthur, some community consultation. But once again, Christmas av gets you from Medina to Arabia, so you don't have to go on you know, solf For Road, you know, to go onto Thomas Road. It's a thoroughfare in my view and always has been. So we did get a response from the city sterling, didn't we sean about our call? Our tourkback topic on Thursday last week is forty kilometers now too slow? And this is after the city of Sterling. We wanted to put in all these trafficcarming devices on Clement Drive and Samma Hayes and Milverton, all these streets that we use to get to carry up shops. So this notion that counsels are now foisting upon us that it's a rat run, they're not rat runs. They're thoroughfare. They're roads that you use to get from A to B. They're not rat runs. We're not trying to dodge anything or get around anything. It's how you get to the shops. And the one in Quinana is how you get from the suburb of Medina to the suburb of Aurelia. It's a thoroughfare. It's not a rat run anyway. It's got six new traffic charming devices on it in a less than a kilometer. Some pretty heavy duty speed hump. So I'm asking the question today where do you reckon? The worst speed humps? Are some pretty tough ones going into my kid's school at Gilford Grammar. They made out of metal, They're pretty tough. Where are the worst speed humps in Perth one double three eight aty two the real big brutal ones that you know, shake you to the bone, one double three and then they're often different than I don't think they're built two standards or specs. Are they one double three eight eighty two? Could be me? I'm not an engineer, not a civil engineer. Love to hear from you today.
Speaker 3: What are you going to?
Speaker 1: Are you going to try and get to see ac DC? The yeses of forty the nose of forty seven? So the yeses are rallying ever so slightly. And where are the worst speed hump speed bumps in Perth? Six new ones on Christmas Avenue in Aurelia. And to me, they are on roads that are just it's a thoroughfare, it's a it's a row, it's how you get from A to B anyway, what do you reckon? We're the worst speed humpts in Perth one double three eight eighty two. David has phoned the show. Hi, David, Yeah you good yet?
Speaker 39: Curtain University. There's a main road that runs through well, it seems like it's the main road that runs from west to east or from east to west. And if the speed limit was forty and if you went over forty, this little barrier would open up and your car would go into a ditch. I complained about it, Sorry it was undemocratic, but they reduced it from forty to thirty. So if you go over thirty, actually I reckon it could actually damage your car.
Speaker 1: And it goes it makes a hole on the road. Something it's like automatically.
Speaker 39: It's hard to explain. It opens up and there's a few six inches or eight inches of hole, and you're tired, go in this and your car makes a thumping noise.
Speaker 1: A right, right, David good Years, I haven't heard of that. So there's one in curtain versity with us. The road opens up a sink, a little automated sinkhole appears that slowly down withdn't it one double three a eighty two if you live down in the in six one sixty seven the nine one four one nine area, Quanana, City of Quanana. That's I think that's an overreach by my beloved town council. Christmas av has got six speed humps in less than kilometer one double three eight eighty two news just a hand So the Prime Minister at the Alberanizi has addressed the media today and he has spoken about the Middle East and he's spoken about the US entering the Fray. There was some criticism yesterday that the Australian federal politicians weren't saying all doing enough, but the Prime Minister has spoken about Iran. Have listen.
Speaker 3: Could you just explain why.
Speaker 1: You've waited until now to explicitly express yourself for this action and is it because you want Australia to remain a non central player in this conflict.
Speaker 37: Well, we aren't a central player in this contract conflict.
Speaker 1: That's just a fact.
Speaker 37: And what we do is we run an orderly stable government. But I make comments about this in three countries over recent days and my comments today are perfectly consistent with that.
Speaker 1: So we're not a central player and that's why we're holding back on commenting. You might have some thoughts on that. I don't know what I mean. Penny Wong has been talking about it over the last couple of days. I don't know what we speak to Alba to say. It's we don't have nuclear weapons in Australia. It is about nuclear about uranium. Richmond and Iran taking themselves to nuclear capability when it comes to weaponry, and I'm not quite sure what that has to do with us, although though, as we said to Paul Papollia this morning, our Defense Industries Minister orcus nuclear powered submarines could be coming to our naval bases at Stirling Garden Island and at Henderson. That deal will be sorted or certainly the chap will start when the Premier and mister Papollier go to England later this week to meet with the British government. UK government won double three a eighty two. Are you going to try and buy tickets to the ACDC? The yes of forty one and the nose of forty seven noses David from Mayland's with a couple of love hearts. Thank you, David. Jeff says the curtain speed humps are really me pop up or pop down got me a few years ago as well. This is Jeff. Thanks Jeff. Marx's will agree with that speed hump at the entrance to Guilford Grammar is metal and in a poplot. It's brutal, isn't it.
Speaker 16: Mark?
Speaker 1: You don't see it. Early on in the morning, Tom says there is an unofficial speed hump on the Narrows Bridge heading north. The expansion joined is not as smooth on the bridge as it should be. Yea, it makes a noise, isn't that? They are everywhere? There's Jason? Stop these councils from dogging up ours clogging. Sorry Jason should have gone to spec savors clogging up our streets, traffic lights, speed humps, a round of ours. I think I need to move down to Denmark, says Jason in Olford Cove. One double three A is the phone number I'd love to hear from you today. David says, yes, absolutely seeing ACDC. We saw them last time. They were in Perth. Best live act we've ever seen. It's so good, aren't they, Dave? They're really really good live City of Netherlands Kates is a city of net High Kate has some speed humps on thoroughfare roads. Was so ridiculous. My suspension makes horrible noises going over them. I drive a tig one for goodness sake. It should not bottom out on speed humps. Many actual rat runs in the city have no traffic arming features at all. Yeah, we spoke about this last week. Forty K's the inner city councils and even well even the City of Kudana are putting in traffic coming devices left, right and center to make the neighborhood more beautiful. There's a very fine line between being a rat run and a road, a thoroughfare, a place to get from A to B. Sixteen minutes past midday, we'll come back in just a moment. Rick sat amongst the cat amongst the pigeons here, Rick Simon, get a Rick, are you one hundred percent sure there are no nuclear weapons in Australia? I reckon there are. I reckon there is. You just don't hear about it, cheers Ricky. I think so, Rick, I don't know that there's nuclear weapons in Australia. I know where they would, where we would hide them, where we will store them. Thanks mate, good on you. The new speed humps at the bal Divers shopping Center are shock and, says Mark, shocking. I'll avoid them because you now need a four wheel drive just to get over them. Thank you. Are this one here? From this one here from Dave Hello. Dave Archer Street in Carlisle is a major thoroughfare, the main link between East Vick Park and Belmont. The town of Vicar is installed. Brutal speed humps must be sponsored by the local chiropractor. Thanks Dave. The local pri chiropractor out there is Ryan lamp Hello Lampy. If you're listening one double three A two and Brian says that speed hump really dropped down Drawbridge and Curtin University, you listen to it as very dangerous they are throughout the campus. I hit one once it was dark and running. I didn't know is this stuff that my whole computer system my car across me? Heaps to get it all rectified and reset, not to mention the cost of the flat bed tow truck to get it to the dealers as Brian wow. So the speed humping in curtain attracting some conversations today. Are going to speak to an entomologist from the University of meltoon just the moment, who doesn't mind using her own bare arms in the fight against Australia's mosquito born diseases. Chapter In just a second, we've got a hold of Coral, who sent us a text and we've given her a call. Gooda Coral, Yeah, gooday, hell are you well? Thank you? The old fast eddies bell Oh.
Speaker 26: Yeah, we've got that. We've got the lots of their little marble table and bigger tables and tracked the chairs, scored very very well.
Speaker 1: Right, and which fast Eddies? Was it Coral?
Speaker 26: The one at Carousel?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you know the bonus, did you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 26: We used to do their refrigeration. So we were actually just getting married when they called and either didn't even answer the phone, you just put it down and looked at it the next day and found out that they needed help to take all the gas out of their refrigeration. That we was too late because so anyway, they just said, I will come over and get whatever you want.
Speaker 32: Then, so we did.
Speaker 1: I've got the.
Speaker 26: Trailer out and went over there and oh my god, loaded up big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was very lucky? What was the bel Yeah you are good on you. What was the bell used for at fast Eddies?
Speaker 26: I don't really know.
Speaker 18: I don't know what it was used for, but it was.
Speaker 26: I mean, anybody that ever went there and you would know that bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll tell you what I'll do.
Speaker 26: I'll send you through pictures.
Speaker 1: Yes please, Yeah, that'd be great. Chorl thank you. Help you back to Sean and to Kirsty and yeah said them through. Thanks Coral cheers, thank you. As anyone remember the bell at Carousel fast Eddies, what was it used for? Talking about bells today, they've had a heap of call swim schools, cancer clinics, golf clubs, stock exchange, heaps of places with the end of the buildum one track, both in Albany and in color Munda. Once you finish, you can ring the bell. That's cool. Car Yards one double three eighty two. Joining me on the show now is someone who is either brave or a bit crazy? Is doctor Veronique Paris, a University of Melbourne medical entomologist. Gooday, Veronique, How are you?
Speaker 10: Good day?
Speaker 16: I'm fine?
Speaker 27: Thank you?
Speaker 38: How are you so?
Speaker 1: I've seen the photos right of your arm YEP put into this mosquito thing. Does it hurt?
Speaker 10: It doesn't hurt. No, And I have heard what you've just described as like either brave, crazy all over where I'm sharing it. Most people have that reaction. It does not hurt.
Speaker 5: It does you know?
Speaker 10: Tingle and sting like you know we're all being written by mosquitos and sort of know.
Speaker 14: What that feels like.
Speaker 26: But it does not hurt.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you doing it.
Speaker 10: I'm doing it to maintain mosquito colonies that we're using in our lab here to do experiments to learn about the mosquitos with the goal to comeback mosquito borne disease transmission by you know, learning how they acquire them, transmit them, and learn about the mosquitos themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So are there different types of mosquitos in this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's yeah, yeah, that's right. Through each cage we'll have the same species in it, but we're having a couple of different, mainly local mosquito species here that we maintain to learn about them, because not every mosquito is the same. Even though that seems to be surprising a couple of people, there are lots of different mosquito species out there.
Speaker 1: What if they've got a disease, and you get.
Speaker 10: It, they do not have a disease. They're all here in sterile ap condition otherwise we obviously wouldn't do that. We have a quarantine lab where we have an artificial blood feeding system because we cannot feed them there ourselves. But these the ones that we're feeding here are.
Speaker 14: All free of disease.
Speaker 1: So your role in all of this is to make them is to nourish them, make them healthy so they can use them in scientific work.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right. So mosquitoes need blood. Not every mosquito, but the ones that transmit diseases to need a blood meal to reproduce, so they need that to build their eggs inside of them. So without any blood, we won't be able to maintain them because they would just die off without laying eggs and without you know, carrying on to the next generation.
Speaker 1: Fair any what diseases are we talking about here?
Speaker 10: So I'm mainly focused on the Broadley Also you might have heard about that we have trouble with, especially down here in Victoria. That's a skin infection. But we also looking at species that transmit ross weather for example, or Barma forest virus or door cartworms as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Barma forest and Ross River over here in Wa. As you're probably aware, I'm mentioned in that notion that not all mosquitoes that do require blood as food can carry these these nasty diseases, these blood born diseases. So what about the ones that don't, you the ones that don't nourish on blood or don't eat blood or feed on blood, what do.
Speaker 10: They eat, so mostly mosquitoes feed on nectar, so they're also pollinators, which surprises some people most of the time when I tell them that. So they just go and get some nectar from plants as a sugar resource, and they're able to get all of the nutrition that they need to reproduce. But not all of them are just happy with that. Some of them need a little bit more and they get blood from animals or humans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, as your supervisor, put this up to you, up to this horse is your idea.
Speaker 10: Well, it's been done in a lab for a couple of years and it's not super unique to our LA. A couple of different mosquito labs doing this, not all.
Speaker 16: Of them doing it.
Speaker 10: It really depends sort of what research one does. I have to say, I first had a little bigger when I first started here as a PhD student, and I thought it was a joke. And then I kind of got into the work and you know, you can't grow into your workplace. And now it's just a daily routine for me, or like weekly routine for the last seven years now, so pretty used to it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well keep up the good work. Rather you than me, But it's for a very good course. Thanks doctor Paris. Good to tel to you top to sheeah doctor Verynique Paris from the I couldn't think anything worse than that. That's yeah, mosquitoes knocked me around big time and I think that's that is the case, isn't some people really react to them very neat put a bare arm into these little enclosures every week and they bite her and that helps them. They feed on her blood and then they are on they go. It's you know, that little community, that little colony. I kept help and then she can keep studying them. The photos are amazing. Off our arm, am, she is just looking at it here there's probably thirty mosquito bites on her arm at any any one time. This is this story comes from the Guardian. One Duble three A Daddy two. There are places we've talked about this on the show and number time. There are places in Wa where the mosquitos are really bad. Hey, where are they love to hear from you? I think earlier this year we were looking at around the river in Bayswater Basandine. There were skeeters. I know alfred Cove has its moments. I know the city of Melville. Where the water collecting those big brackish pools the Yeah, there's plenty of skeeters, and years and years ago, I do remember that Australian was bad for skeeters as well. Where the mosquito's bad?
Speaker 13: One?
Speaker 1: Double three eight aady two. It is twenty seven and a half minutes past midday and happy to take your correspondence today on is there a bell in your life?
Speaker 3: Get Joe?
Speaker 1: Patients ring the bell at perse Children Hospital when they finish their chemo treatment. Thank you, Joe, appreciate that, Chantell says, Hello Bowie, Hello Chantell, they say every time a bell rings, and angels getting their wings, Thanks Chantelle. Also, the speed bumps at Lakeside jounlup are disgusting, says Chantell. Thank you, Dan says, does the mosquito lady misunderstand what the Americans mean by the right to bear arms? Mozzies? Sorry, Aileen the voice Orey's thank you. Veronique has taken dedication to a whole new crazy level. Couldn't they just put little container of blood in the cage. Mossy has been a bane of my life to me too, Aleen. They like me and I don't like them. Mix says that'll be your pure Pomme blood mate royal Blue. Cheers Meck. Thanks for your thoughts today. Thanks everyone, you can get in touch with us. We're the bad mosquito spots around the Perth and around Australia. I reckon Port Heaven, No good forsquitoes Australin used to be iuricon around alfad Cove. Get mosquitoes around there, Lake Manga, get a lot of mosquitos around there. Happy to hear from you. One double three eight two is twenty eight minutes past twelve.
Speaker 40: Breakdown on Quanana Freeway southbound exit the carn Up Road in Baldivers The vehicles in the left hand emergency lane. No traffic delays, just keeping in mind if you're hitting that way. In fact, no traffic delays at all out there this afternoon. The Mitchell, Quanana, Graham Farmer and the north Bridge Tunnel all looking good. You get a good run in and out of the city and no delays throughout the metro area. I'm Bruce Wallsham, Perth Traffic Leader six pr.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for listening in. It is twenty seven minutes to midday. Let's go to our newsroom here at six pr Good afternoon, John Nichols, thank you, Simon.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon. The Prime Minister is side step in questions about whether Australia provided any support the American bombing raid on Iran. Australia and the United States to share an intelligence facility at Pine Gap in the Northern Territory. Police are investigating a fatal crash in Perth's southeast. A truck collided with a Toyota Prado that was towing a caravan at the intersection of Cargottitch and Gossage Roads in card Up just after half past eight this morning. A seventy three year old woman who was a passenger and the Prado died at the scene. The Premiere is reminding families to claim their student assistance payments. Eligible parents and cares only have a couple of weeks left to lodge applications for the second round of the payments, which are one hundred and fifty dollars for primary school students and two hundred and fifty for secondary Perth golfer Minji Lee has won her third major title. She's won the Women's PGA Championship by three strokes. She was the one of only three players to finish under par fifteen degrees at the moment, down to seven overnight, mostly sunny and nineteen tomorrow more news at.
Speaker 1: One, Thank you very much, John. It is Duffy's birthday today. She was born on this Dane Bangor in Wales. She turned forty one. Amy Duffy had a big hit with this.
Speaker 29: My morals, gobby your bundyb we stuff.
Speaker 1: Let you get it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what this is. You can do you like it?
Speaker 1: Do you book? I don't know what where did you do it?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 3: You gotby begging you for mercy?
Speaker 1: Who banger? John Gummy began call some banger. I'll say you banger, okay, big voice, very chasing from you and from our listeners today, given Duffy's birthday, big female voices.
Speaker 3: Well, continuing the Welsh theme.
Speaker 2: I know that someone is going to pick the obvious one, so I'm going to pick the list obvious one. This was someone who was at a recording studio back in the late seventies and the the people at the studio were recording some music for the Monty Python film Life of Brian and I don't know how this actually happened. She's done a podcast episode on this. This woman whose name I can't remember because I only found out about this time full a minute ago. Anyway, she's got such a wonderful voice, and she was fifteen when she recorded this, and they said, can you record this song for us? Can you sound like Shirley Bassie? And she said no, and they said, what you're Welsh. So that's what I've got it the gig.
Speaker 1: So the obvious worst one is Shirley Bassie in your view, Yeah, that's good like that. And this one who we can't quite remember, the James Sheman.
Speaker 41: I've got Sonya Jones. Jones Jones said, so what did she have to do with the Monty Python. She recorded the song at the beginning the story of Brian, Oh gotcha. And she sounds a lot like Shirley Bassie right now, that's all making sense.
Speaker 10: Cobby cold Byan, he grew.
Speaker 15: And grew.
Speaker 1: Blu up to be.
Speaker 2: Up to be, I think for someone who'd never done a Shirley Bessy take off before.
Speaker 1: I think that was and I had always thought that was chilly Betty.
Speaker 23: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's good, Johnny Sonya Jones.
Speaker 2: Apparently they brought it back for a couple of the shows they did in London a few years back to the reunion shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah World, John very very good listeners, big female voices. It's Stuffy's birthday today and John's contribution has been solid as always. Sonya Jones from the Life of Brian soundtrack one double three I did he too? Love to hear from you today. There's plenty of them, isn't it, Big female musical voices, ringing you might win Caller of the Day. One of our listeners is cable is really bad for mosquitos. Thank you. Rob says I think Peter has a bell Thanks Rob. Bellie does Hello Belly. If you're listening, are you going to see ac DC? Jacko of Burswood said yes, I'm definitely going to ac DC. Thanks Jacko. I'll put you on the yeses. The Yeses a forty seven they're making a bit of a comeback and the nose are fifty three. Peter says no and isn't providing any more information. Big female voices. It is Duffy's birthday. Her real name is Amy Duffy, Welsh singer songwriter. Big hit Wasn't It two thousand and eight for Mercy.
Speaker 17: Hi, Maria, Hi, Amy Winehouse.
Speaker 1: Big voice, big voice, big voice, Yeah, big, big, beautiful voice, and just went went way too early, didn't she? Maria? And I don't think there's much any of us could have done about it. Hey, thanks Maria, very good nomination.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 23: Me m.
Speaker 18: John get on.
Speaker 3: You we to wank you.
Speaker 1: So far, then we we for Back to black is back to black on, Johnny on, to all of it, to John Nichols, to James putting this together. Well done of female singers with big voices.
Speaker 42: Hello, Chantell, Hello Bowie, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Very well? Thank you?
Speaker 42: But I'm very good, thank you. My nomination is someone who I loved since I was a teenager. She was asked to a tribute to Whitney Houston because her widen Uson's family loved her. I met christ and Aguilera and the song is ain't no other man who's got an amazing voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah she has here, Thank you, Chantelle. Very good. Christina sobot com something movement deep in shide.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do, but i've your head in.
Speaker 1: I call my brother, my brother, my sister, and my friend. Every time I see you say something's a good song too, isn't it? By Christina and the Lads. Brendan called in and want to suggest suggest Jeff Buckley right. He apologized, said he didn't hear the question correctly. Thanks Brendan. Get a bit of that on the show twenty and a half minutes to one o'clock. Big female singing voices. Who do we have on line three? Line three is Jimmy, Hi, Jimmy, how are you.
Speaker 24: Bird?
Speaker 1: Simon Whitney Houston. Yeah, the late Whitney Houston, the greatest singer in the world. Yeah, yeah, in the nineties states.
Speaker 36: What a voice, the best in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, mate, Thanks Jimmy. All right, Jimmy, thank you mate, thank you for bringing in here.
Speaker 16: She is that you do.
Speaker 1: I don't really need to look very much further.
Speaker 16: I don't want to have to go where you don't bother.
Speaker 10: I haven't voted back again.
Speaker 1: This passion inside can't run from yourself.
Speaker 38: There's no manybot.
Speaker 1: But don't make me. Thanks Jimmy, nice work mate, And I think Linda agrees with you. Where is where'd you go? Linda? Linda saying that Greece that she's her nomination. There's Linda Whitney Houston is my nomination. Thanks Lindia, So you and Jimmy agree on that?
Speaker 3: Gooday?
Speaker 1: Clark?
Speaker 25: Yeah, hi mate.
Speaker 33: A Georgian singer called Jennifer Nettles from a favorite country bank called Sugar Lend.
Speaker 1: She's been a massive yeah right a country jeanre did you say, yeah, mate?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? Thanks Clark, thanks for bringing in here we go Massy for the next.
Speaker 36: Time will be.
Speaker 33: Seems like a million years and I think I'm down.
Speaker 35: What do I have to.
Speaker 1: Doue make nice nomination? Clark? Good on you, Clark, that's good like it?
Speaker 10: She can't love you like me?
Speaker 1: Why don't you, sir?
Speaker 3: Julie?
Speaker 1: Who's funny?
Speaker 16: It is?
Speaker 1: Bette Middleton? I think, but I think it's a correct priodd text because she's come back with sorry Bette Midler. Thanks Julie, we find one of those for you. Bett Middleton's a bit funny? Did I?
Speaker 17: Gary Good Simon and Janes made Ones Jans Joplin classic songs move.
Speaker 8: I had a question for you, guys.
Speaker 19: I was for the answer.
Speaker 38: She used to be part of a band.
Speaker 22: I wonder what the band was.
Speaker 26: Have a good guy.
Speaker 1: Janice Joplin was part of a band. You know, you always had backing bands, but I don't think she was part of a band herself. Yeah, she always had funny name backing bands.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We talked about this once on the show, that a lot of bands out of England use a band name, and a lot of bands out of America used the lead singers. That's right, A bit of a thing and a bit of a bit of a thing broadly generally, Thanks Gary on the name, Thanks Gary good on your mate. Get a Sandy, Hello Sandy, it's gone. Andy's gone. Sandy was recommending Silla Black. We've had a few Silla Black nominations. Can you find us any of that? Jimmy me boy it is. It is the Mercy singer Duffy's birthday today. So we're chasing girls with big voices. One double three eighty two is the phone dub you got some? Silla Black had her own TV show. I remember here on the Stress Show.
Speaker 3: Here we go the scars.
Speaker 10: Platform, shine within your eyes as.
Speaker 1: The trees reach for the sun of.
Speaker 3: So my arm's reach up to you fall.
Speaker 1: Thanks Sandy good one, and I don't care. I do recall that Sylla Black's speaking voice was unlike her singing voice. She was either a Jeordie or from Liverpool, and I can't quite remember which one, but she had a yeah. She had a singing a speaking voice, Jimmy, that was the opposite of her singing yeah, yeah, yeah, Gay Simon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hi, Ellen Foley. She used to do that a lot of the female rock chicks on a singing for meatloads.
Speaker 1: She was yeah, paradise by the dashboard light. That was her Yeah, yes yeah. Good nominations, So I'm mere big massive voice, Thank you, huge, Void Simon, good nomination mate, Gail Ivan, Denver Brandan, stay there, Greg, stay there. Back to you guys in a second quarter to one, asking the questions that they do you want to go and see ac DC? Are you hoping to go? Are you going? I'll bring you the yes no poll update in just a second, asking the questions today for big female voices. Thanks for your calls.
Speaker 13: Good a Gail, how are you going good?
Speaker 1: Who have you got?
Speaker 26: Rock set?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Vading Michael Flowers, she went too quick?
Speaker 1: She absolutely did. Gail absolutely did, and yeah, thank you girl, good remembering. Here we go, Thanks girl. Oliver Peterson joins us HII, Hello Bowie, Big week for you huge Rugby leak functions left right and center mal Maninger on the weekend. Yes, did you go to the NRL on Saturday?
Speaker 31: I did for a little bit and then I had to scoot across town because my son did his hip hop performance and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life. Yeah, to Hit the Road Jack a remix of Hit the Road Jack and you can see the I don't know where he gets I do know where he gets the moves, but I trying to be modest about these things.
Speaker 1: But he was really good.
Speaker 31: Amy Peterson, No, but I took Amie Peterson to Katie Perry last night, did you? Because I haven't seen Ames in a little while, And I kissed a girl and I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gosh, so the.
Speaker 1: Saying no More You and the premier Yeah, big Katy Perry fans.
Speaker 3: She's good.
Speaker 31: She managed to bring two people up on stage. A blog from Armadale who's sixteen and all he wants to do is is like he is end up on Broadway, and then an eleven year old girl who I think I saw the bloke in the video and he was great in the eleven year old girl who she said, what do you want to do when you grow up? She should be a family lawyer? One of the answers you would.
Speaker 1: Ever expect you. I'm going to help people get divorced.
Speaker 31: So no, she was really good, rocked out. You know, we see race around of there tonight two and a half hour show. She really gives it three thousand percent.
Speaker 1: It's great. Yeah, all right, Well from the premier really likes her as well. And he's the member for Kranana, which we might want to get that revoked.
Speaker 31: So if he has a ticket to ac DC or Katie Perry, he's going to Katy Perry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know he likes he's electronic dance music. So I've seen him since his new age guy, Yeah, send him at the gigs. Now, what do you have for us this afternoon?
Speaker 31: By the Saturnoon Bowie, We're going to talk about rent vesting, So this is a bit of a popular trend at the moment. Near at toconnost be the chief economist at ray White real Estate. He's going to join us today. We're also going to talk about igr wanting to take on coals and woolies in terms of being as major a player as the two major supermarkets. So we'll get into that and just just about your shopping habits, habits, because Kevin Johnson always has the shopping theory that you go to whichever supermarket is closest to your house.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I think it's not a bad theory. It's not a bad theory.
Speaker 3: I don't want to test that one this afternoon.
Speaker 31: So we'll get into that, perhaps along with the Kangaroo card, a common sense, and what's going to happen at petrol prices with everything in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, all that more.
Speaker 1: We'll be listening. She's in very good form, OLLI. But you're listening in between or one and five today, Ivan, big female voices, how are you mate? Yeah good Ivan.
Speaker 32: The close second for.
Speaker 34: Me began in iris Vanessa and Morosi got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big voice. Hey girl from the western suburbs of Sydney. Yeah yeah, I thought I thought she was a Sydney girl. Let me look it up. I thought she was from I'll have a look, but I thought she was a Sydney girl. Hey, thanks having good to good to chat Vanessa am Rossio. I stand corrected, and yeah she's from Melbourne. I always thought she was from western suburb of Sydney's wrong about that? You're right, don't I stay corrected. I just it's all the tats. I thought she was from western suber of the city, did they, Denver?
Speaker 27: Yoday Simon, good to have your back on six PR. Mate, You've got a great voice for the radio.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mate, cheers, thank you all right now I've.
Speaker 27: Got too good voices cheat me out. The person is free the pain of Gold, and the second is the famous Areta Franklin's Spanish fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right mate, Thanks Denver, let's see. Thank you mate, thanks for the for the support. He is his his Freda. That's free to pain band of Gold. Thanks Denver. What you and I are talking about this the female vocalists from Great Gig in the Sky. That's right with Pink Floyd. We'll try tor Who is it Claire? Torri Clear Tory? Thanks Rusty. That Shila's name, Rusty is what James has said? Here we go, Thanks Rusty? Could I Greg?
Speaker 8: Did that?
Speaker 25: Boy?
Speaker 18: Can I?
Speaker 6: Holly?
Speaker 1: Of Mike?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, real good, big famous voices.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think they get much bigger from the nineteen sixties than Grace Slick, White Bird in the Golden Cage, White Rabbit, so many.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 6: They were a university band out of northern California.
Speaker 22: Yeah, San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, now cool Greg, Thank you, Mitt, well done, Thanks you cool. Here we got.
Speaker 31: Mother gives you don't do anything at all, go asscards.
Speaker 38: When she's ten feet tall.
Speaker 1: Thanks Greg. Be going on there, fair bit happening a little bit, little bits of big things. Yeah you can, you can put it like that. Yeah, things, little things, what sorts of things going on there? Thanks Greg. We'll take a break. Five to one,