Speaker 1: Coming up on a massive one hundred percent foot As we recover from Origin one, we turn our attention to Perth, a big blow for the Blues, that dce dilemma for the Queenslanders and live in the studio tonight Angus Crichton, we catch up with Adam Reynolds in the interview. We've been waiting for Deddy Wider one on one with Lockey Gal and this game's ready to go. Fire up.
Speaker 2: Seeing a moment on dred percent.
Speaker 3: It's New South.
Speaker 1: Yes, great to have your company here on one hundred percent massive show. We're about to turn into the second half of season twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: We've already had a full.
Speaker 1: Season worth of stories and we've got a bit to two through Tonight evening.
Speaker 5: Paul Gallen, Race, Kevin Smith, James Top Dog, James Bracy, how are you doing very well? Still on top? It's only halfway through the year. Halfway through the thought not a sprinkle plate.
Speaker 1: Well said, all right, what do we learned from the round? That was, let's go through it tonight. But he got for us, Guss, what do I have on the mindset of a champion? I want to look at Nathan Cleary's goal kicking from Wednesday night where he had a terrible night with the boot, totally unfamiliar to him, and.
Speaker 5: He was really worried about it.
Speaker 1: You could see he couldn't work out exactly what was going wrong. Andrew John's blamed the footballs everything, All sorts of theories were coming out. Yet he turns out three nights later and bang, bang bangs, three straight from the sideline. Have a look at these, hit them as sweet as you like. Now I want to go to the game's greatest ever.
Speaker 5: Points scorer and Cameron Smith, did you ever have a bad day with the boot and you couldn't really work out what happened? And how mentally does that affect you when you go back to practice and start.
Speaker 6: To get it.
Speaker 7: Of course, yeah, I had plenty of off days with the boot and you're sort of trying to work out what's going wrong. At the time, you sort of got to put it aside and worry about your main role and let's go and play football. But I'm sure Nathan after Wednesday night he would have kicked a thousand footballs to fix up and come out and kick the way you did on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Case and gives it to low backs that laid backs got too good?
Speaker 5: Should I told you it was the Bulls.
Speaker 1: That's right, Kevin, What did you learn from the latest?
Speaker 7: I learned the Penrith Panthers they are not a spent force. A lot being said about their season so far, running seventeenth in the competition on Wednesday, sorry on Sunday before this game.
Speaker 6: They win this match. It was a lot like the Panther of old, high.
Speaker 7: Completion rate, kicking long the corners, making Paramatta come out of their own end for pretty much the entire second half.
Speaker 6: And they were a little bit ill disciplined early.
Speaker 7: Which that was an aspect of their game that that Ivan clearly wanted them to fix from last week. But the ice man Nathan clear ege two huge plays at the end of the game, come up with a forty twenty and then managed to score those points and kick a goal and.
Speaker 6: Just really put them ahead. And they're back. What are they now?
Speaker 2: Three points outside the eighth but Para give it to made a good crack.
Speaker 6: It's cold game.
Speaker 1: The footage start around in last and then be three points outside the eight in the back of one win gal.
Speaker 2: For you, mister Alex Johnson. Two hundred tries scores himself a hat trick on the weekend, the second man in history to hit two hundred tries and congratulations, what an effort. I've never been the biggest fan of winners, but they are such an important miss plays is an absolute frick. Some of the tries he scored, I mean, I know some have been easiest catch and putting them down, but some of the tries he scored have been absolutely amazing. And he was unreal the other day, sort of hat trick. Patrol inside and helped him out a couple of times, but it was fantastic. So two hundred tries make congratulations. I hope you're going to break the record. All the best.
Speaker 5: He's actually had a few injuries and missed a lot of games in his career. He had a whole season off where Robert Jennings scored twenty on the left wing for South Sydney. He was one of the leading tries scores. He could be on two hundred and thirty already if he hadn't had the injuries.
Speaker 2: He had twelve twelve to applydroze for last week too. You guys actually left with the flyworks started so out and that song. Very very sorry, thanks for covering for me. But on positive, normal, positive news. We've got another undercard for my fight night first Shamous as well as James Bracy and Carlos Stephanos. It's all coming together on comfort that's been around for ages.
Speaker 6: That one what he wants in his job.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy he's all coming again, all coming again out of you.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the other fight though, have a good round two coming your way to a screen very soon when Gal's getting a big girn. Now let's get back onto the footy. Back to back wins at some Corps Stadium for the Blues for the first time since ninety seven ninety eight, and now they're eyeing off back to back series wins. As we head from Brisbane to Perth.
Speaker 7: It is a spine tingling atmosphere here at sun Corp is packed to capacity.
Speaker 2: You can feel the electricity.
Speaker 8: And load up us pinging your shame suits. Fine to lose two for Turnus full time.
Speaker 9: He out weals one mill i over Queensland queens Lams.
Speaker 10: I feel pretty flat, to be honest about our performance. Now we didn't see the best of this Queensland team and that's what I'm most disappointed.
Speaker 6: About Harry Grant.
Speaker 3: I spilled it like many of our players.
Speaker 10: Harry wasn't at his best tonight, unfortunately and unfortunately well.
Speaker 7: I'm sure Billy Slater he'll have some stern words for his team members us.
Speaker 3: Rumbling back Payne's injury.
Speaker 6: We weren't sure with that either.
Speaker 5: He hadn't really trained, and then to push out the minutes and be strong the way he was was inspiration.
Speaker 11: Mine with our man of the match at paynhas congratulations.
Speaker 12: He goes to Wetwoods, he fires at the Crchton Crichton.
Speaker 6: For the corner Acrosta zach Lomax.
Speaker 1: Donnie, you're hoping that Billy shows faking you and that you would attorney surround.
Speaker 13: Yeah, definitely. I guess with losing comes the question. So we've opened ourselves up to these sorts of questions.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I love the opportunity to come back and correct your corrective.
Speaker 6: Cleary Moses brilliant hands.
Speaker 9: Fuck first time they've played together.
Speaker 1: I thought that terrific.
Speaker 2: We bet Robin Tyner and Billion it was a bit of a bride spot.
Speaker 6: What did you make an easter bo?
Speaker 10: I actually expected him to play like that but that's why he's in this position. And I thought his debut was great, so he can hold his head up by it.
Speaker 2: And the score is eighteen six.
Speaker 10: It's a series of three and that's still alive, so we'll be going after it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got no doubt about that, the determined Billy Slater, speaking after his side opening loss on their own turf.
Speaker 2: Gus, you've come away.
Speaker 1: From that opening match pretty confident about the way it sits for the Blues at the moment, I imagine your mind hasn't changed since Wednesday.
Speaker 5: No one thing. Origin taught me that it is a three game series and you need to improve in every moment of that right through the series. It gets by the third game and by the second half of the third game you should beat your peak. And I think there's a lot of improvement in this new South Wales side. I thought their performance the other night, whilst most people are calling a dominant, I thought it was really controlled. It was physical and it was conservative. I think there are a lot more opportunities for them in that game than they even explored. They didn't try to move the ball all that much, so Queensland have got a lot of improving to match what New South Wales did in game one. But it's where New South Wales get two in games two and three that should have them a little more worried. And I don't think the answers are alreadily there Origin's Origin, though we know Queensland will bounce back and we know that there'll be a different conflict. This game started really well for New South Wales. They got a flood of possession, They've got some penalties early, their forwards were able to get their domination and once they got to the front they really didn't let Queensland back into it. Now the next game could start completely different and queens they could dominate early, jump out to a twelve mier lead, and we know they've got the spirit and the tenacity to hang on. So nothing's decided. But I think if New South Wales can learn from winning, which is you learn more from your defeats, but in Origin you've also got to learn from your wins. If they can improve some more, they're going to make it very very difficult for Queensland.
Speaker 7: Well that's the concerning part for Queensland and for Queensland as Gus is that I agree with you I think there's a lot more improvement in the Blues, and I agree with you as well with your comments saying that they did play a fairly conservative for the most part of that game. So for queens not only do they have to bridge that gap from game one to come up to the Blues where they are, the Blues are going to get better again. So that's the big question for Billy, his coaches and the selectors.
Speaker 6: I guess before game two, Gal is.
Speaker 7: That side from game one have they got have they got it in on to match what the Blues had in game one plus more in game two, or is it going to have to be changed?
Speaker 2: Well, as you noticed, I think it's going to be changes. To me, then you you're probably the black one ask about how the changes because that that to me the other night wasn't a Queensland performance that I've certainly played against Anyway. Yes, the Blues were conservative, they yes that expectation of a high completion rate. But one thing that the Maroons weren't they weren't tough. They never defend like they've missed fourteen nine tackles forty nine tackles is hohod. But they'll dominate in the meter's game, the post contact meters. Now, a lot of backlashes fallen on cherry evans, which, as we know, those positions are generally under the most amount of pressure. But it's very, very hard for half back to have any sort of impact on the game when your forwards getting tally trampled, and they were for the entire match. There was probably a ten minute period where the Blues were down to twelve men where Quinland showed a bit of energy and a bit of fight, but the Blues took a straight back off. So where do you do you think they need to make change? So at the end of the day they can't go and make seven or eight changes, then they're starting all over again. There's probably only two, maybe three changes that most that'll be made. Now, where do you think they need to be made?
Speaker 7: Well, look, I haven't spoken to Billy about what his thoughts are.
Speaker 6: Going into game two.
Speaker 7: I know he's bitterly disappointed with the performance.
Speaker 6: Of his team in game one.
Speaker 7: But I'd like to think all if he makes changes, it's going to be minimal.
Speaker 6: It'll be one or two.
Speaker 7: I don't think he'll make wholesale changes. That's a huge gamble going into game two, given that you're already down one nill playing at a neutral venue as well, you've got to be fairly certain of the players that you pick and you can understand what they're going to bring to that game.
Speaker 6: A lot of talk is obviously around DC.
Speaker 1: It's the fact that he's the skipper to influenced the decision.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess it'd have some bearing. It's a big decision, isn't it to leave the current captain out, Because then that's a big decision to leave out Dally Joe Evans the captain of the Queensland.
Speaker 6: Then you've got to find the next captain. How's that? How's that player going to.
Speaker 7: Handle that that extra pressure that comes along with having to see next to the name leading their state series on the line. So there's a lot, there's a lot to consider for Billy, But you know he's he's all over.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest Queensland ever. What was your you are? But what was your perception about not kicking the spencerl and you Because at the end of the day, I know your mentality. I know's mentality when you go out there, when you go out there, the mouth told me you attack the leaders. You would take the head off the snake, the wrestle, crumble around it. Now he was out there. It was it was in the paper the day before smash this blues grub. He went away from him.
Speaker 6: Well, those journals weren't out there kicking.
Speaker 2: To be fair company South Welsh Corey Parker when you were great teammates. He said the same thing.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I don't know what the mindset is of this current footage. Side the teams that I played in, I reckon we would have kicked off at Spencer.
Speaker 2: Reckon and gone after him a little bit, would.
Speaker 6: Just to send a message.
Speaker 7: But you know, I think at the time, I think Billy he spoke on Sunday Footy Show around the reasoning behind that.
Speaker 6: There was some sort of tactical decision behind it. But yeah, there was a bit of anticipation, wasn't there. Really?
Speaker 7: When Spencer come on the field, he come on the field, he is on the back fence down that northern end of some carb stadium. I think everyone in the stadium wanted queens on the kick off to him, but they opted to go the other way.
Speaker 6: So is what it is.
Speaker 7: I didn't think it was a big issue is what a lot of people made it. But I guess you know, in the teams that I played him, we probably would have kicked at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gus like's the idea of Red Barney the Dogies nine into the Queensland team. That's an option maybe Harry Grant, which we've seen before, back to the bench is do you see that working in somebody that could help him?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 7: Well, historically right, if you look over the Harry Grant's career instat of origin, he's played the best football off the bench, I believe, and I've seen a stat which I wasn't aware of. He's had four stars now for Queensland and four losses of it.
Speaker 5: I think at that level of football, they've got to keep him out of the early battle. Yeah, because if New South Wales get out there and have possession and punch twenty tackles into him in the first fifteen minutes, it's got to take some juice out of it. Remembering it had fifty eight minutes of football in four weeks leading into that game. Lindsay Collins had only had one game back leading into that game as well. They were going to be found wanting around the middle. I think the changes in personnel needs to be minimal. I think the changes in attitude needs to be significant. I think that you can help Harry Grant and make him a weapon by keeping him out of the early fray, which brings in someone like Reedmarte who can go out there and bust himself for twenty twenty five minutes until he can't walk again, and then put Harry on. There can be an effect, and I think they need one more energetic middle to absorb a fair bit of that bulk in the early part of the game where Yo and Crichton and these fellows are just punching away at their middle trying to wear them down. Other than that, you thought that that was the best side going in. You've got a great spine, You've got athletic outside backs. If they can just hold their own in the middle a little bit, be a little bit more disciplined, not give up as much in the play the ball, not give up as many penalties. Possession of manum are a funny thing in rugby league. You know, all of a sudden you bring Dca mons terround it. I wouldn't drop Terry Evans, I really wouldn't. I know the other kid did and is close. And I know he came off the bench and look great, but he came off the bench later in the game. Let's say he goes out and starts and they punched twenty eight ahaps into him. Is he going to be able to do that after twenty five to thirty minutes now he doesn't have the experience. I think you've got to go with your skipper and go with Cherry Evans. I think they need a hooker to help Harry Grant, and I think they need just someone one more that can go out and blow himself out for twenty minutes in the middle, absorb a bit of the defense and the hit ups and get them into the contest so they're not so radid.
Speaker 2: Can Man fit into that fold, well.
Speaker 7: He could because he's got great versatility. He's played pretty much every position in the back line. He can play in the middle. He plays in the middle of the field for the Bulldogs and does a fantastic job. Talk about physicality, he hasn't got the biggest frame in the competition, but he loves it.
Speaker 6: He hits in defense as hard as anyone in the comit So he could he could fill that role.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, that's the challenge about putting another number nine in the lineup is that you couldn't have two nines plus a smaller utility.
Speaker 2: You've got to bring Hawsebury in down. I mean a bit of a motion, a bit of passion back into.
Speaker 7: The I had Cory Hawsbro in my lineup for the Billy opted to go. Trently Erro was on the bench, so it'd be interested to see if he goes for that bigger body.
Speaker 6: He's in great form at the moment. And the other thing too with Cory Hawsbro, he's a part of a side that are going really well at the moment.
Speaker 1: While we're talking big bodies, big blow today for the Blues. Barnett, who had a belter of a game in that first origin, ruptured a cl playing for the Warriors out of the weekend goal that's stick.
Speaker 2: So when he did, you can see the way buckles in there. Whenever you see someone do that, when they enjoy tackling, it's never gonna end well. So poor boy, I thought he was absolutely brilliant. Game one that there was a tackling made on the right end side the field where someone almost made a break. He just got over it and clipped him up and made the tackle. I thought he was brilliant. He's going to be a big loss. He lost to the Warriors. Two glassic player look brings Jake to Blovich names back into it by big Steph Fano was in the entire camp for game one, So you imagine I'd imagine, I'd imagine I just go straight for Stephan unless unless he gets hopefully for him, he gets pulls up. Okay, but I suppose I got to bring Jake's name back into as well. He was the former captain. But I reckon, I go stuff.
Speaker 6: Could Maxican start?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mexican start, No no risk in the world. I think key On Kala mc tonguey has been outstanding. He's on the Origin game. He was terrific and he's been doing a terrific job this house in he this year. He can play middle or edge. He can get through a lot of work. Now they've got a few options, but again, we're going to through another round of football. We're going to get to that next Monday night. Mitch Barnett might not be the only one from either side that's unavailable, so we're kind of.
Speaker 2: Picking team without I think it's definely just sure. I think he's probably gets the job. He was in camp, won the entire time, So imas pick your team.
Speaker 1: We're talking a lot of Broncho with Adam Reynolds later on. But Payne, hass gust you throw the kitchen sinking him to keep.
Speaker 5: Him at the club, don't you. Phenomenal? Absolutely phenomenal, What a what an athlete given the week that he had under the injury cloud that he had, but he does this week in week out for the Broncos as well. These numbers are just extraordinary.
Speaker 1: It's statistically the greatest front rows that's ever played the game. The body of work that he produces every week athletic. He's just he's a cover of fender. He makes breaks out wide.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I look at this play here for a front row. Get him back on all.
Speaker 5: This was late in the game. This is late in the game after he's already played on Wednesday night and he backed up for his club a couple of nights again.
Speaker 2: Smashed the perth might throw the whole house at him there. That's the problem.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: They should have to get back to the government on that.
Speaker 15: You're not trying to recruit, you get yourself commedia on speed, though, don't court play stay with us.
Speaker 5: You're watching one hundred percent Footy.
Speaker 1: Another blue superstar about to join us, Eggs Kricht, and he's in the house.
Speaker 2: I love to talk about.
Speaker 1: From origin to the Rooster's rise in twenty twenty five and then it's Deady Widler and Locklin Galvin one on one. The interview we've been waiting for is he puts on the Blue and White for the very first time to stay with us.
Speaker 6: Lucky.
Speaker 11: Your manager, Isaac Moses is despised by some people in the game and they're saying that he puts you up to this was this whole thing your decision or Isaac's decision.
Speaker 13: This whole thing was my decision.
Speaker 16: I told Isaac what I wanted and he says yes, and that's that's basically it.
Speaker 13: I've run this thing. I've backed myself.
Speaker 16: And I'm a pretty confident kid in that way. I've chosen what I've wanted and obviously we've got all this backlash from it, and I'll take that on the chin because it's something I've driven.
Speaker 12: Sh They say, before we leave this world, life flashes before our eyes. The moments that matter, those defining seconds, the origen Like life.
Speaker 4: It comes and flashes.
Speaker 14: Every step, every sacrifice.
Speaker 4: Culminating in this arena, a fleeting glimpse, a blinking moment, immortalized forever. But this is the end.
Speaker 14: This is state of horror chulogy, where the game comes alive. When it's time to thrill, life will flash before their eyes.
Speaker 1: We'll get to origin shortly, but of course we're twenty four hours after the fact. The Rooster's playing host to the Raiders. Everyone's been talking about the unexpected rise of the Rooster in season twenty twenty five, but the rise of the Raider is something that's called everyone by surprise, and you've got to witness that first hand. Last night, there's some thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was solo, man. I think I was disappointing with sort of being really good for sixty minutes all year and apart from that round one blowout. But this that last twenty minutes I've been able to get done.
Speaker 1: It was the ultimate match in terms of entertainment factor. Tries galore, But what is it about that side that has got them to where they're sitting now on the Laddin second spot with three buys up their sleeve, my dear as well.
Speaker 9: I feel it's the experienced sort of got underrated a bit like Taipan. It does such a big job from their big pauper as well. Corey Housberg has been good as well. Inn't it the Englishman that they brought in. Yeah, they've been unreal So I think their full pack is really solid and less guys like Hudson on the back of it, and they're exciting obs. It's going to be freaks.
Speaker 2: And I want to ask about Mark Normonga need to. He's an amazing chant. I'm seeing him op closer person. He's an amazing beast. He's a big body. He had some of the most amazing things on a football field I've ever seen. And then he comes up with a hell of a lot of errors. He had made four last night. He made four when he scored that amazing try a few weeks ago. As a senior player. How do you keep his confidence up to make sure he's still able to do those amazing things, but you've got to limit some of those errors.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think he's still learning. That's a hard thing. You see such a freak like that, and he's playing so well and doing all these crazy things. But he's played probably five or six games a league in his whole life. So I think he's just a little a little bit of focus. That sort of the story of our team at the minute. I've never seen anything that was when.
Speaker 2: Better get out here too.
Speaker 13: What he brings it about.
Speaker 2: He's one of the most amazing.
Speaker 6: Things that we called upon.
Speaker 9: All of his gene. That's a full rugby sevens clip right, but no, he's a freaking it's such a it's such a great guy as well. He's fitting really well at the club and love love playing with monkey.
Speaker 6: Hey younger, tell us about this skipper, James Tedesco.
Speaker 7: He seems like he's got a new found energy this year.
Speaker 9: He's the peak of his powers this year. Ted. I think he's just so consistent. We forget, but I've never seen him play a game that's under a seven. You know what I mean. Is his best game and his worst game is so close together. And I think it's the work that he puts in during the week. It's such a pro throughout his whole preparation and just works so hard, does all little things right and leads by his actions. It's good playing under.
Speaker 5: Him Angus last year, Joey Marnu, Suwa Lee, Jared Hargreaves, Luke Keary, Brandon Smith, Sam Walker, Sattilli Tuperneur. It's a big drain on senior experience talent, isn't.
Speaker 13: I know?
Speaker 9: Somehow we still don't have any cash as well, and you guys keep signing everyone, so I don't know what I've got there. There's gonna be an investigation, investigation.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to be nice.
Speaker 2: Tone.
Speaker 5: It's a big drain, is it is?
Speaker 9: I think it's taken a while with us.
Speaker 5: I can't manage a recamp for you have been pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we've invested heavily in our youngers and they've been doing a great job for us.
Speaker 5: I think who's really impressed you're in those young ones.
Speaker 9: I think Blake Steve has been huge for us, slshly for Kenny and now seeing Beniah come through with Young Hooker. He's really crafty out to nine and Robert Toyer, Bobby Toy. Yeah, he's been great. I'm so so happy he got his opportunity in Origin as well. Like we're talking off there before, he's just a baller and just goes out there and kills her.
Speaker 2: How about your half back and see he's going. Obviously you bought Chad Townsend for a bit of experience and I suppose to help bring players on. But Young has been playing pretty well the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, both of them. Sander has been great, but Hugo's kick is what sort of I don't know, sort of unlocked that team a bit, being able to kick along and sort of get into those grinds of those games. Because as you guys all know, you've been around a rugby longing long enough. You just play simple and kicked the corner. It's halfway do you winning a game?
Speaker 7: Talking about half backs, how's Sammy Walker young mate? Is any close he's been back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Good, really close. I think I think he might have been having a little trot in the couple of weeks, maybe like forty minutes in reserve grade soon. So I don't know if that's a scoop for you guys or not. I'm talking out of time, but scoops.
Speaker 2: So where does DC you fit into all this?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I don't know, man, I don't know, and I think you guys probably know more than me. I haven't heard anything, but obviously is a great player and adds value wherever he goes. I'll just be disappointed if we'll lose any of our young guys that are doing such a great job for us. Yeah, Sat and Hugo have been huge for us this year, and yeah, hopefully we can make sure everyone can stay.
Speaker 5: I think Sammy Walker makes a big difference. I mean a number of the games this year, you've kind of been in front of that hour mark and you just haven't now to quite finish it off. Like the game against the Raiders, you were so so much in that contest. They just got a little better of your late.
Speaker 9: I don't know how we were in that contest, to be fair. We were dropping balls all over the park and we were acting like we didn't want to win the game. So the fact that we were up at half fun was wild. But I think the Bones are a good strong teams there, and putting Sammy and will definitely help boost that. I think his scores tries, I don't know where points to sort of flow off him. With his short kicks, He's got the best short kick I've ever seen. You can kick it, lifts his foot up to hit the ball out of his hand pretty much so you can't defend it, so it would be good to having.
Speaker 1: But I know Jolly Man who has been doing some workouts in your gym, like he's back for a fortnight.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you seen him around?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yes, I saw him minute training Captain's Run and he obviously came to the game as well.
Speaker 3: Get in his ear.
Speaker 9: Good to see Joe Bakna. I. I think he's back for France.
Speaker 1: So did he enjoy it?
Speaker 9: He's loving and I think I said to him, that's the body feeling, said, you make three tackles the game, take five runs.
Speaker 1: So the dream half his luck there, he is living it up and you'd be welcomed back the open arms.
Speaker 5: All right, Origin, What was your take on the game? In game one, I.
Speaker 9: Filled the start of the game. It didn't feel like a regular Origin game. It felt like it was stopped start and there penalties and errors as well, which is like some of the games I've played in the it's end to end in years, just the opposite of game last year, literally literally, but it was still that fierce sort of contest in that battle that we have. I feel like we were just a super connected team and like you guys were talking earlier. He was stuck to the process and the sort of ground them down. But they're a champion side. We know that they'll be back.
Speaker 5: Mitch Mas has played five eight on the left. He was your partner across there. How did you find working with him?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I love running off him. I think he's so fast, He's running games super underrated and I think when he takes off. It took me a while earlier in the weeks were training in the wet and then when we had our first session on like a fast deck out at Penwrith that day, he was getting too far ahead of me. I didn't realize how quick he was. So yeah, I just got to try and be nice and flat with him and take off and be ready for the ball at any time. He doesn't even think. He just grabs it and rips it to you.
Speaker 13: So what about it?
Speaker 2: What about your time with Laurie Daly? I love planning a lawyer. I could feel his emotion and his connection to the Jersey when he spoke about it. Did you feel that and did you enjoy playing under him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, for sure, I loved it. I think he's obviously a legend of the blues himself as a player, and yeah, he's coached a lot of games as also. He's no, he's been in the arena a lot of times before. So to see his passion and his drive and the way he loves a jersey is pretty special play. I've seen highlights, Yeah, but I would have been that's his favorite of all time. Yeah, I've heard that from a few people. But seeing these pictures him in the box flowing up, I love that kind of stuff. Actually, that game, that's the passion.
Speaker 1: Now from here to Perth, that's the big challenge to back it up and do what you've got to do. Is there another year? Is there more of that from this Blue Side?
Speaker 9: I think definitely. I think yeah that was that game was just off one sort of week of training and half of it was underwater. So we've got plenty of of work we need to do. We definitely won't be relying on what we've done in game one. I think we've got to go and recreate it. You've got to go and build those combinations again and keep working with it because we've got a really good core group there. The more we can build on that, the better we will be.
Speaker 7: You're part of the Blues forward pack who comes in for Midge but.
Speaker 9: Unfortunate injury to him. Yeah, send him my sending I love to Midge Barnie. Yeah, it's such a big part of our team and seem go down like that. We love your mate and the rest of them get right. But I don't know who comes in. I think there's a few names.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's a Queensland.
Speaker 7: Him.
Speaker 6: Don't worry, don't worry. I won't tell you.
Speaker 15: It's just a curious part of the media becoming.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know, but you guys are floating keyon. No, he's got plenty of We've got plenty of so anyone could any of those guys who're.
Speaker 1: Talking about adoptions great depth it amongst all, this is Nathan Cleary doing what Nathan Cleary does a lot of scuttle around in the rugby union world lately. Gus about Nathan maybe being interested in heading over to the fifteen man Corid rugby Union where you obviously piled your trade, and I know it's always there on the horizon as a potential option for you later on. Could you see Nathan playing a role of a ten in for sure?
Speaker 9: I think he is suited down to a tea, but I don't know if you'll ever leave Penrith. I think, yeah, what they've achieved there and his legacy there is something that I'm sure that he thinks about. But also yeah, he would kill it in union if.
Speaker 5: He goes to the Union. Off flight to Mars.
Speaker 9: Much, Yeah, make sure he eclipsed this, Make sure he do.
Speaker 5: You want me to go to Mars imagine imagine the first Channel.
Speaker 17: And I want me to go to ma Tweets Imagine the tweets.
Speaker 2: Field, No doubt about that.
Speaker 6: What about you though?
Speaker 2: Rugby union? Is it still in there?
Speaker 9: I've learnt my lessons. I don't talk about any union.
Speaker 2: As Bracey wants to know when you're off contract.
Speaker 18: He's doing a bit of recruitment for the Bears.
Speaker 9: Sign I'm signed next year. I don't know what I'm doing the gaxt year, but I love the club and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Speaker 6: I can see he'll be over there in a couple of weeks. You'll check out the check out the sites.
Speaker 9: Have a coffee mate? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's the weather in Perth? Todays?
Speaker 9: Always?
Speaker 2: Always, every single day.
Speaker 1: Great to have you in here I was watching what unfolded, particularly for you're a Blues fan out there last Wednesday and bring on Perth.
Speaker 9: No worries, thanks lads.
Speaker 2: Angus Crichton join us here on one hundred foot. He stayed with us in just the moment.
Speaker 1: One of those players that gusts sized up and the Doggie's got yes one on one.
Speaker 9: We've been waiting for this.
Speaker 1: Lucky Galvin with Denny Wider and Danny joins us too.
Speaker 2: For all us got all surrounding it. That's next year on.
Speaker 3: Lucky.
Speaker 11: First of all, how are you mentally physically now?
Speaker 13: I'm going good.
Speaker 16: Obviously, it's probably been a big couple of months for me. I think I handle it alright. It's probably the worst thing for me is probably it affects your family more than myself. I think they've done nothing. It's all me really doing it, and they're getting a bit of the blame for that. So that's probably the hardest thing, seeing them struggle a bit.
Speaker 11: The day he knocked back six million dollars or say from the West Tigers, that must be a bizarre day in your life because that's not going to happen too often.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 16: Money was really never never like a thing of playing that was never really me. I just played because I loved the game, played with my brothers in the backyard and that. So people were going to see that and think, oh, that's stupid. You could have set your life up or whatever.
Speaker 11: You told the Tigers early because you want to at least give them the chance to rebuild.
Speaker 3: But that's been criticized.
Speaker 16: It probably come out in probably a bad way. I just they kind of asked, obviously Isaac and us, if we want to look at the deal and that, and we just thought telling them early and then letting them know that I wasn't going to hang around, and we obviously didn't ask for a release or nothing back then, and we probably won't be here at the end of my contract and like happy days, move on, and you know, I'll play the rest of the couple of years out for the Tigers.
Speaker 13: But obviously went a bit different.
Speaker 11: The most controversial part of all of that was that the reason you gave was because you felt you wanted to be coached differently or you could develop elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Is that fair to say.
Speaker 16: It wasn't coaching, It was more just developing. And that was all on me. I just felt like to improve myself. I wanted a change and a move and wasn't because of Benji. It wasn't because of a ritual or none of that. It was nothing because of them. It was because I just felt a change would get me out of my comfort zone would probably be the best thing for me. And I'm not usually the kid that would really want to do that. I think I like staying around and I've got some of my best mates of the Tigers, and for me to develop as a player, I think moving and meeting new people and understanding new systems that was probably the best thing for my.
Speaker 3: Rouguy crew, do you feel Benji's a reasonable coach?
Speaker 16: I'm so grateful for Benji giving me my debut and you know, put putting faith in me to play my skill and play my footy.
Speaker 13: He's a great fellow.
Speaker 16: He's actually a great bloke and yeah, nothing bad towards Benji.
Speaker 3: Did you feel that was misinterpreted?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I thought it was misinterpreted of it. But at the end of the day, people are going to have their opinion and they're allowed to have that.
Speaker 6: Lucky.
Speaker 11: The Instagram posts from a couple of players from Jerome Luite do you get impacted by those Instagram posts.
Speaker 16: That's probably something I can't really talk about at the moment.
Speaker 13: Leaving the club.
Speaker 16: We obviously had an agreement where there's some things that we probably can't talk about, and that's probably obviously one of the things we can't talk about.
Speaker 3: So I believe that you and Jerome not get along.
Speaker 16: People like to think we don't we do we? Me and Drome got on. We got on fine. We were probably weren't going over each other's houses having sleepovers than that.
Speaker 13: Because not every Geena makes like like we.
Speaker 16: Were only together for a short period of time.
Speaker 13: But we always got on.
Speaker 16: We always spoke, we always talked, and people like to think that we never got on.
Speaker 11: What was being said was that you were jealous of Jerome because he came into the side and got to be the big dog. Did you feel jilted or slighted?
Speaker 16: I never walked in once into Concord thinking oh stuff here, miss coming here and taking.
Speaker 13: All the all the reins and all that. I never thought that once.
Speaker 16: And yeah, people obviously can assume that, and obviously, like I said, they can have their opinions.
Speaker 11: When you were telling the Tigers players about what was going on.
Speaker 3: Is it true they mocked you or turning their back when you were No, that never happened.
Speaker 13: Wow, that surprised me, Like, yeah, happened.
Speaker 16: I got up in front of him twice, and because we had a full team meeting with coaches and then we had a just a players meeting, and I got up and I spoke to him and they all got behind me. That was never the truth. I've seen that, and a lot of them were supportive.
Speaker 11: Lucky, your manager, Isaac moses he's despised by some people in the game and they're saying that he puts you up to. This was this whole thing your decision or Isaac's decision.
Speaker 13: This whole thing was my decision.
Speaker 16: I told Isaac what I wanted and he says yes, And that's basically I've read this thing. I've backed myself and I'm a pretty confident kid in that way. I've chose what I've wanted and obviously we've got all this backlash from it. And I'll take that on the chin because it's something I've driven.
Speaker 11: You say that with confidence, but people may not believe you, but it's genuinely what happened.
Speaker 16: Obviously, here's my manager and he has a big role to do in my career, and obviously my parents do as well. I can say wholehearted that this was all driven by me.
Speaker 11: Were the Bulldogs always going to be your destination?
Speaker 16: No, we spoke to Para as well. I obviously met Rosey and he was a great guy. And I obviously met Siro as well, and you know, we spoke to both of them. But at the end of the day, obviously I've.
Speaker 3: Chose the dog is why are the Bulldogs?
Speaker 16: I think meeting Siro, I think the way he spoke to me and how he has this club running at the moment, obviously it's something I want.
Speaker 13: To be a part of.
Speaker 16: Just watching them the last couple of months and seeing what they're building is obviously pretty cool too.
Speaker 13: You know they're coming first and ladder.
Speaker 16: That's pretty weird to go into a side that's obviously going so good, And I'm pretty grateful that they were one of.
Speaker 13: The clubs after me.
Speaker 16: Were you close to Paramount Rosie obviously such a great guy. I wouldn't say either either role. I feel pretty close to both of them, and but at the end of the day, we obviously, as me and my family and Isaac and Adam and that we all ow had our chats and obviously it's my decision what club I'm going to go through to the next three years, And yeah, I chose the Dogs.
Speaker 3: How many chide you d you mind? You reckon?
Speaker 5: I don't reckon.
Speaker 16: I changed my mind. It was just thinks of the positives for this club. Think of the positives, put them all together and at the end of the day.
Speaker 13: The Dogs.
Speaker 11: I sit on a panel with Gus Gould and he's been heavily criticized for trying to use his media position and by saying, you're the best young player you've seen. Did Gus play a big role in signing you? Who led the charge little Dogs?
Speaker 16: I was obviously Cameron Serrado. I'm honestly what Gust was saying, I didn't mean Gus till yesterday.
Speaker 3: You have to earn your jersey. Would you care if you started in reserve grade or off the bench.
Speaker 16: Now where I already spoke to sir about that. We've had long talks about reserve grade and coming off the bench and I'm all for it. It's whatever the best for that team. And obviously they are coming first and they're going good. I don't expect to walk into that team straight away.
Speaker 11: Lucky, could you play half back? You feel confident you could guide a team. Is there any indication from Cameron Serrato where you told we're signing you to play a certain position.
Speaker 16: He threw up a number of positions. Actually it was quite surprising. So yeah, I'm going there practicing all the crafts for a lot of positions.
Speaker 11: The Bulldogs love your utility. They're on a real path the Bulldogs, aren't they They seem to be. You know, they've got they've got to steal about them that they want to be, not just a good side this year, but a good side for a long time.
Speaker 16: As Mansuro probably have spoken about, we're not there for a couple of weeks. We're there for three years or three and a half years on the contract. We're not going to We're not here to just win next week. We're here to win the next three three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Probably a tough question.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of Tigers fans who are really going to dislike you and will never forgive you.
Speaker 3: What do you say, jam No.
Speaker 13: I understand where they're coming from.
Speaker 16: I think they can have their opinion and they can have their obviously hatred and that against me, and I understand that, and I think the main thing is I never wanted to disrespect the club.
Speaker 13: I never wanted to hurt the club or whatever.
Speaker 16: And I'm just doing it for my best interest, I think, and I hope the best success for the whole club and the whole organization.
Speaker 5: So young, so confidence.
Speaker 1: What an intriguing conversation, Lucky Galvin one on one with Danny Weidler there in a wide ranging interview.
Speaker 5: We've heard so much spoken about him, Daddy, Your biggest takeaway from actually hearing from the man himself.
Speaker 11: Impressive kid, so young, like you said, but highly impressive.
Speaker 3: I all day, every day I interview.
Speaker 11: Football players and all ages, and I have to say I was blown away by how composed, how calm, how well thought out. So when we sat down for the interview, he didn't say to me there are no questions off limits. He didn't ask me what I was going to ask. He just sat down and wanted to face the music, and he wanted to tell his story and he got the chance to do that. And I was really really impressed. And I can see why clubs would want to have him he's young. He's still young like he's That's what struck me. He's got the baby face.
Speaker 1: And what about the dream Chase of shirt.
Speaker 11: He said someone sent it to him and he say he wore it.
Speaker 6: So I don't know how much I.
Speaker 3: Don't have the dogs to be happy.
Speaker 11: He wasn't in the Bulldogs outfit, but the dogs didn't the dogs didn't actually know we're doing it. It wasn't organized through Canterbury and we did the interview and I was just impressed with the young man that he is. He owned a lot of things. I think my biggest takeaway was, I mean, there's been a hell of a lot of criticism that Isaac Moses is this puppet master who's made him suddenly leave the Tigers for his own purposes because he doesn't like Benji Marshall. He saw then Lachlan Galvin came out and said it's all on him. He orchestrated it, he wanted it to happen. He made it happen. There are things he couldn't talk about, obviously bullying because that was part of his settlement to leave. And Gus, I think you've got a good one in terms of a human and Yeah, he's got a lot of I think he's got more developing to do. As a footballer, you'd know that better than I would. But as a human being, he seems like a good kid.
Speaker 5: He certainly does. I think that interview as much as you learned about Lachland Galvin, I think it teaches us just as much about our media, our rugby league media, and everything we've been in what we've been reading over the last few months, about relationships with Tigers players, about relationships with the club itself, about who instigated the move, to him coming to the Bulldogs, about who he's met and who he hasn't met. That's from the horse's mouth, yep, right. Yet that's completely different to the narrative that's been tried to be created.
Speaker 1: Over the last few weeks with a couple of things shocking.
Speaker 5: For a kid like that, you know, And it's one of the things I tried to points I've been trying to make through all this. You don't understand what the media does to family. He was more worried about his family than himself. He said he brought this on himself. He did this himself, and it was his decision to do all this. But here are the facts, here's my relationship with the West Tigers. This is why I've made the decison, and this is why I went to the Bulldogs. Now, that's completely different to the narrative that we've had to put up with in the media that all brushes off us. I just don't know how brushes off a twenty year old kid like that, How he could be so direct and so composed and even do the interview like ninety nine percent of kids would avoid that interview yep, Like they would say no, their club wouldn't let them, or you didn't tell us you were doing the interview, which we'll talk about later. But the effects that all of that media has on their family is incredible, incredible. But what he showed you there is obviously his class and his maturity and for one so young, and the really good point he made there. We've signed for three and a half years, not for three weeks, and that's a message we've given our coaching staff and everybody else. This doesn't have to be done in the next three weeks. It's about the player we're The player we're buying is the player we're expecting to be in three years time.
Speaker 2: So I think for the put of the backlash, I think you've got to understand some of the backlash. So he did have a contract to the West Tigers he's walked out on. So I think you got under stand why people, why West Tiger's fans in particular, just.
Speaker 5: On that, just on that point. And he made that point he said, I'm not extending my contract when it's over. I understand that I'm quite happy to play here for the next day.
Speaker 2: I understand that I would love to see him finish this year out and then and then gather dogs. I think it was untenable when the stories come out that he's wanted to be caged by someone else. He obviously said that wasn't true, which is fair enough. But I think you got to understand West Tiger's fans. It's fair enough. They're upset about what's happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hate I hate players. You go back to my podpast I said two or three times in the last two or three years. I hope the West Tigers keep hold on to him, but I don't like clubs using tellon love young players. But you listen to Lachlan Galvin there, it's his decision, he's made it for certain reasons, and this is how it went down, as simple as that.
Speaker 1: The intense scrutiny doesn't end here. If anything, it only intensifies. Then he particularly leading into the first game that he'll be playing.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, we're sitting here with the top dog and he's like going to tell me if he's playing or not. But I'd imagine that Cameron's sdo has got a big decision to make. I think he'll be named somewhere in the Bulldogs squad to play the game. I reckon they might name more than twenty players and he'll be a part of that, and then they'll.
Speaker 1: It's against the.
Speaker 11: Which makes it even spicey, and there could be seventy thousand or whatever because it would ten dollar tickets, you know. But yeah, I think he'll be named somewhere in that squad. And whether he comes straight in or if he's a bench player, I don't know. But I think Cameron Seruado has had him for a couple of training sessions already and he'll wanted to see how he fits into that dog.
Speaker 2: I think it's said so there's a bit of pressure on him. He's twenty years of age, he's played thirty one games of first grade. He's an amazing TN as we know. But if he come into this dog side somewhere and all of a sudden you start on the slippery slope, it's going to fall back on it. Gus, you're gonna give u a scoop.
Speaker 11: You're going to tell us if he's playing or not.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's playing.
Speaker 1: Well, what I do know is, and we've had this discussion amongst the coaching stuff, or they've had the discussion while I was there, and I just said, Tom, the one thing I said to him is three years, not three weeks.
Speaker 5: You don't have him a little bit. You don't have a bit. He'll tell us when he's going to play.
Speaker 2: He'll tell me. What I'm asking is, do you pretend to me a bit and keep him reserve?
Speaker 5: Now, I haven't got one for you. I don't know, and I don't think the coach will know till later this week, until he's had a few sessions with them. But at the moment, my message is we're signing for three years, not three weeks. We don't have to solve this problem now. The site is sitting on top of the competition you had one nine out of the left.
Speaker 2: Understand, if you're a Bulldogs fan, you bring this blake and you change a side and you start losing a few games, well they're not going to be.
Speaker 5: That sort of stuff doesn't scare us at all. Losing doesn't scare us, and it won't be because of Lachlan Galvin that we lose games. He went, you know, it's not part of what we are.
Speaker 1: We don't care any news yet on Toby Sexton and his future at the club, because evening changed.
Speaker 9: This last month.
Speaker 5: Toby's the training training told me out his best training session of the year today. He was absolutely outsteanding. You don't know what goes on in our club. What you hear from the media. You don't know what goes on in our club, and nor are we obliged to tell you. Nor are we obliged to tell you what goes on in our club. We just get on with our stuff.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: If he missed out on the famous Phil goold Chinese meal, can you take him out from can get the opportunity caught him privately?
Speaker 5: If and when he wins a game for.
Speaker 3: Us, he don't care about winning or losing.
Speaker 5: He gets one, well, We're in it for the long haul, three years, not three weeks. We're bought him for the player. He's going to be great to hear from him regardless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, credit to him. He really handled himself well.
Speaker 2: As a spectator now and as a fan, I just want to see him play good footy. He's nineteen, he's of as been. They have a lot of fuss made over at nineteen, and I just want to see him go play good footy, play the way he thinks he goes. He's very confident. You can't you can't doubt his confidence is going to be so I can see him being a halfway, but I just want to se him play good footy, play good footing and live up to some of the expectation.
Speaker 1: Just needs to learn to wear a beanie properly and do something about that hair. That's that's the genuine the Lord Christmas Bowl cut.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: That's all I know.
Speaker 5: Talking about handoos, pretty boy, I'm clicking on the mind some great scattle.
Speaker 18: Stay with us, save me Ovam Reynolds Gers he's standing by. We're going to have a chat with a great renod been doing it the Broncos. That'll the first time of the attention stay with us, hundred percent footing with that man right after the buck.
Speaker 2: American.
Speaker 17: The pleasure today to introduce the head coach of the Prison Broncos.
Speaker 6: I'm a different coach now.
Speaker 3: I believe I'm a way better coach because of everything that I'll be through.
Speaker 2: Come home speech is way over. Take huge opening round wind.
Speaker 1: It was a demolition job at Alion Stadium.
Speaker 6: And the half century no be there towards the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Every organization is different.
Speaker 2: My goodness, that sports and stunding Rice tonight.
Speaker 1: We know the Broncos can win brilliantly depending on that time and in the group and the outcomes you get each week.
Speaker 10: It's the tough grinding side of the Broncos that I'm sure Mads that we're looking to implement into the team of us. Absolutely con Broncos Ford Martin top All liking an Instagram post critical Maguire's coaching methods.
Speaker 3: I think Madge would have been.
Speaker 6: Happy with two words that I don't hear much. Mad shouldn't happy.
Speaker 9: What a night what a poile over wuld be like a bit of a jackle on hunting.
Speaker 6: Really go to point underway here, Yeah, we showed.
Speaker 9: Such great stuff and then we sort of go the other way?
Speaker 5: Is he over conds?
Speaker 2: He has a nice You losing like that?
Speaker 7: Are they making me?
Speaker 1: They've lost six of their last seven.
Speaker 5: Now you can see the frustration. They don't work hard for each other at all.
Speaker 6: They look flat and uninterested at times.
Speaker 7: Oh well, they want to trick shop their way to victory.
Speaker 13: They don't want to do it with hard work.
Speaker 6: You hear the story is coming out.
Speaker 9: It's that Mad is training them too hard.
Speaker 6: That has to work that way at every single plot, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: We're the biggest club in the comps. If you're the biggest and the best, you need to tack like that.
Speaker 6: Brisbane's in all sorts and absolute all sorts.
Speaker 1: Yes, they come on to scrutiny like no other club, the Brisbane Broncos. And with four straight losses on the card too, the Paurners are on full blast at the moment as they struggle to find their way through an NRL season that showed so much promise pre season.
Speaker 5: That he's been good enough to join us tonight. The number seven the.
Speaker 1: General for this Brisbon Broncos side Adam Reynolds and are always great to catch up. You've seen it all in this game, and you're a competitor to say the least. Where the team sits right now, five wins, seven losses, How did it get to this point?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 17: It obviously started the year the way we'd liked, but obviously as of late things haven't been quite the way we want it. But I can tell you that we're a tight bunch of boys. We're working extremely hard to turn things around, and we're showing glimpses in matches at the moment, we're just not constantly doing it for eighty minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So obviously you.
Speaker 17: Get back to the drawing board and you know, I've got a good opportunity again this that they br I know.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of talk about the coach, Michael Maguire that is too tough and the players aren't quite liking his style of coaching.
Speaker 6: Can you knock that on the head right now?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's easy for the outside noise to obviously try and tear the team apart and the coaching staff.
Speaker 2: Look, we're working hard.
Speaker 17: We're just like any other team who trained hard. Obviously, everyone can write what they want to write, but internally, you know, we know we're capable of doing some great things here and you know, matches the right man leading us forward.
Speaker 2: Now, the talent in your side is absolutely unquestionable. It's probably one of the best rosters in the competition. But you said to yourself, you played good for patches of matches. How do you do you make sure you play well for eighty minutes and you work hard for each other, which to me from an outside of looking in, seems individually you're doing your job, but you're not working together as a team.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think, and that's where the frustration comes. You know, we're good in patches, then we come up with you know, one or two bad mistakes, and I think internally we sort of turned to ourselves a little bit. Something we've spoken about. Obviously, errors and whatnot happened in games. It's just about getting on with it and you know, getting back into our groove and that's.
Speaker 6: An area that we spoke about.
Speaker 17: We need to be better and you know, I thought for large parts of the game on the weekend we were the better team. Obviously didn't get the points on the board, but you know a lot of positives to take out of that.
Speaker 5: Also, some things to work on Adam. I heard you say that after the game on against brook mainly a Brookvale the other night. You were actually interviewed after the game on the field, straight after the contest and said there were positives out of that part of the game, and there were parts of the game where you felt like you're on top, yet the scoreboard ran against you by a long way. What were those positives that you were feeling during the contest.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think the second half, you know, the start of that, we really wanted to get out there and make it an arm wrestle, kick the corners, just build pressure. I thought in the first half defensively were quite poor. You know, we won't move in the footy, or when we did we made some errors, so we probably went internally a bit again there.
Speaker 6: But in the second half.
Speaker 17: It was about a twenty minute arm wrestle or twenty minute period there where we thought we were right on top. Unfortunately we come up with an error and let all the pressure off. But you know, if we can stick in moments a lot longer like that, we know we can come out the other end.
Speaker 5: Do you think the major issues are in the physical parts of the game. On the mental part of the game because in a lot of the games that I've seen you play, they don't seem to handle setbacks well. When something goes against them, it usually costs them points. Does it feel like that when you're out there? Here we go again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I think mentally we need to be a lot more resilient. Like you said there, obviously the erarors an execution when they're not great. I think sometimes we can go internally and become individuals. That's not the way we want to be. We want to be united and do it together as a team. Everyone goes out there, you know, to play their best football. Unfortunately we do make errors and it's a part of the game and it's just about moving on and you know, getting back to the game plan as quick as possible.
Speaker 1: There's been speculation about your future. I believe you're a contract at the end of the year and now. A couple of years ago, when you first went to the Broncos, I was talking to you up in Brisbane and you said you were loving life up there. It was a big change, breath of fresh air from moving away from Sydney. In that conversation, I could never see you coming back to Sydney.
Speaker 5: To play NRL football. Is that still the case with you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's obviously been dealt with in the background the family, we all love it up here. It's such a great place. Everyone's pretty mard and a bit different to Sydney, but yeah, we're loving our time up here. Obviously, it's not my focus at the moment. It's trying to get a win for the Broncos and you know, quiet in this noise a little bit and then obviously that will handle itself.
Speaker 9: In the background.
Speaker 2: Your highest partner, Ezra Man has come back into the side after you have some offfield issues. How's he going, how's he handling the pressure, particularly face the other night.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm really proud of Oz. I think you know, the way he's handled himself. He's he's copped a lot of criticism and you know, rightfully so he made a mistake as a young man. He's he's worked extremely hard on himself to get himself back to where he is and he's done a lot of you know, work in the background that not a lot of people see. And obviously he's copping the brunt of it, you know from away fans and whatnot, which you know, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but you know, I thought he's handled himself excellently. He's come back and he's probably been, you know, our best player out of those two games. So it's good to have a little follow back in the team. And you know, I'm sure we'll know click again and get the ball on.
Speaker 1: Other than sorting out your next year at the club, priority number one does have to be securing Painhass's services. And are you worried that this lean patch could get him to start eyeing off other suitors.
Speaker 6: I look, Pain is a big part of our team.
Speaker 7: He's a big part of the club and has been his whole life, So no doubt he's a major priority for the club to get locked up. But I think with losing games and whatnot, you know, the outside noise can you know, create whatever headlines they want to create. But once again, internally, we're pretty confident that Pain will be a Bronco. No, huge congratulations from everyone here. Three hundred games this weekend. Firstly, huge milestone. What does that mean to you and the family. And you've got a couple of highlights from those three hundred.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's obviously a privilege to play one game in the NRL. Let alone, three hundred, It's certainly a milestone that I never thought i'd reach.
Speaker 13: I would have been happy with one.
Speaker 17: First grade game kid from Red Fern who just loves the game continually, you know, striving to get better each.
Speaker 13: And every day.
Speaker 17: And I got a lot of people to think over my time, you know, friends, family, coaches. I think my wife deserves a lot of the credit. She's been the backbone to everything I've done. You know, they ride the roller coaster as much as the players do.
Speaker 6: So yeah, big thank you guys to her.
Speaker 17: But I think you know, your debut when in a Grand Final and playing for your state, you know, those will be the highlights of the crew and.
Speaker 2: Great to see those.
Speaker 1: Black jersey's been rolled out in support of the Black Dog Institute and mental health awareness for that big milestone. Game mate, Congratulations on the big three hundred this Saturday against the Gold Coast at sun Corpse Stadium. Another three hundred and fifty, mate, You'll still be second. Thank you to good hon you mate. Congratulations Adam Reynolds. In the face of adversity at the moment with the Brisbane Broncos joining us, A Cameron off the back of that. So there's a lot of that scuttle rounding perhaps the future of pain, whether or not that's Perth or somewhere else, and he might go. The talk is that Melviniger is going to be announcestairs the Perth Bears coach as soon as this week. That leaves a vacancy for the Kangaroo's coaching job. Upsets Kevin Smith, one of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: No one, no one. No one's asked me, no one, no one's approached me brace I'll say that much. No one's spoken to me about it.
Speaker 7: I have seen a few articles out there and my name tossed up there.
Speaker 6: But which is pretty good up for it? There's some pretty good candidates out there. Freddy's wanting to be fair.
Speaker 2: To be fair, you are one of the greats, You're modest, But would you be handed for it?
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people have asked me, you know, at the back end of my career, when I when I was recently retired.
Speaker 6: Would you have a coach? I emphatically said no.
Speaker 7: But if there was one team out there that it would gain my interest to coach, it would be the Kangaroos. Absolutely, you're dealing with the best of the best as far as the calendar is concerned. When those commitments occurres at the end of the year, so that works in with my commitments with commentary. But yeah, there's been no sort of discussion at all with anyone.
Speaker 5: I think you'd be sort of perfect because you've been on tours. You know what tours should look like, you know what short term preparations look like, you know what postseason test matches look like and how challenging they could be. So I think someone who had the experience, and I think because we're Mal's been so good for Australia because he's been through that himself. It's it's not an easy level to coach, but it's best if you've had some experience. You've had more experience than anyone. How many tests did you play? Forty fifty fifty six, fifty six. That's a career, isn't it. That's what That's what I do.
Speaker 1: It's got the CV if anyone does, coy surely it's just a offering.
Speaker 5: I like how we knew the number.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll watch with interest to see how that all unfolds. You're about to feature in our next segment to our Cash Converters Conversion of the Week, because obviously, how can you go past the one the only from the weekend, Zach Lomax, Because look, it's always a battle when you've got a slippery pitch and you're on the sideline. We've seen it many times before.
Speaker 2: But the best thing about this is hits the deck a lot and you're when you're hot, you're hot. And she missed his gone Wednesday, didn't he? He made up for it there, But that.
Speaker 1: Just reminds us of some of the great margets in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I only did that because I had about three hundred roosters fans is absolutely giving it to me.
Speaker 5: Probably forty in front too.
Speaker 6: So we were a couple.
Speaker 9: Should we go there?
Speaker 13: Should we go there?
Speaker 1: With another kangaroos legend?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 1: Lucky Lucky missed it.
Speaker 6: That's a commaker, isn't.
Speaker 1: William was always going to We could all see it coming. It's so slippery and the nice nuchinos doing.
Speaker 6: The tanchinosh.
Speaker 2: Oh go, good brilliant stuff.
Speaker 1: There you go, Cash convert this conversion of the Week, and you've got to feature Cameron stay with us. We're back with our tap top three right after this break. You're watching a hundred percents.
Speaker 18: Welcome back to one hundred and seven Footy our tab top three.
Speaker 1: We're going for our leading try scorers of all time.
Speaker 2: You know why the.
Speaker 1: First You've got to go back into history the great Delly.
Speaker 5: Slater and Bill.
Speaker 1: Seriously, he's arguably, if not the greatest fullback of all time.
Speaker 6: And Gay got to play.
Speaker 2: With him against him, he was a genius. Chemistry is the best. I played with her against, but he was the best fullback. He was unbelievable. Played Minicelli, he was outstanding, But this guy was unbelievable. I've never seen anybody prepare for a game better than what this guy did. He knew everything about every play in the opposition. There was an absolute super staying. Remember, he missed at least I reckon thirty maybe forty games a footy ever a couple of year period with those shoulder issues. So I'm gonna be honest. I think if he played every game he could have, he breaks the record easily, but unfortunately, injuries are part of life and never but he was an absolute superstar. Billis later pleasure to play with and now works obviously, but he's a great guy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all about our leading try scorers of all time because of what unfolded out of the weekend. Alex Johnston out there for the South Sidney Rabbit Oz reaching that two hundred milestone. Gus with a hat trick in this clash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, if you play on the end of this South Sydney back line, you're going to score plenty of tries. Alex Johnson coming through was actually a standout fullback in the junior Repsom School program. He was probably the best fullback of his age group. Got his start on the wing because of South Sydney. I think he might have come into the time when Greg English was playing for them, and now he's got the t or Mitchell. He never really got the opportunity to cement down the fullback spot, and thankfully he didn't because now on the wing now he looks like setting the longest standing record ever in the game. Had he played every season, like you're saying with Billy Slater, he would have scored a lot more by now. But you's got to think too, like back in the old days, Kenathan didn't play as many games either like there was only so many games in a season. The other side of that is they didn't have a bunker back in the field.
Speaker 1: It would have just allowed a lot of He should have got as many as he did.
Speaker 5: Why the bunker would have taken him off him? The fun police would have got him. That two hundred and twelve would have been about eighty eight. You know, let's have they had a bunker back then.
Speaker 2: Of course the.
Speaker 1: One he imagine the bunker back then technology, but of course Ken Evine, the greatest of all time, the body in all Sydney Bears two hundred and.
Speaker 5: Twelve, bunker would have said, that was enough.
Speaker 2: You should have taken that one off the triscree.
Speaker 5: Not on the bunker would have said, yeah, great ball. I don't know how many bobbled in the end goal or you know, so how would that work with the film too? They got I think he was a Commonwealth games plants run. It wasn't. He was a sprinter. I think had a good.
Speaker 1: Head of hair.
Speaker 2: And two hundred how many games? Reckon they play a season back there more than twenty nah, so two hundred two tries. That's an amazing effort back.
Speaker 1: Then, far out there you go out tap top three greatest triscorers of all time. Well on, Alex Johnston, Kenny, He's coming for you. Stay with us after the break we wrap things up. Hut of a cent fore al right here on Hubby and Brackett's bunker free beanie for brain cancer around always are highlights of the.
Speaker 5: Rugby League calendar.
Speaker 1: Around seventeen not too far away now, how Maddie. Of course, a cause so close to the heart of everyone here at nine's why water Sports Matt Calendar who passed it after his battle with brain cancer. These funds raised from donations, of course, the purchase of a beanie, all this amazing awareness being raised the Marks Foundation, They're amazing work. It just gets bigger and better every year.
Speaker 9: And we'd love being a part of it.
Speaker 1: And of course the highlight of the year is when Gus sells beanies by wearing them.
Speaker 5: It's so good, really comfortable. I like that the colors. I don't know why, brows to keep my head warm.
Speaker 1: Gay, you look good.
Speaker 2: This one's feel all right? Yeah, I think i'd I reckon, I'd get your one though, this is this is the unisex one.
Speaker 1: But I'll do the Locky Galvin.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 5: There's the Locky Galvin.
Speaker 2: Look like a smurfs a smurf. Gus looks like a criminal. He does. God, here it's the best.
Speaker 5: I could look at it all day. Oh, if you listen to the media, I am.
Speaker 1: Right mate, you're the best. I beat even breakheads around. You can get your beanies. Now, get out there, get amongst of course Markey's Foundation dot com dot au. Now this weekend there's some footy from Thursday through to Monday. What do you got for us?
Speaker 13: Here?
Speaker 2: I go to all the away teams this week with these games anyway, and the Manly Dragons and the.
Speaker 1: Panthers, Gus, if you can see Manly Dolphin, no panther, panther, they're back baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Thank you gents, Dolph and Dragon. That's a hard one. You've had to shout you night, haven't we been very very busy business as you have.
Speaker 1: Thank you, gal you looking fighting fit as you For Sonny Bell, I'll write a book one day. Yes, I'm desperate for you too. I might live long enough to do it. Imagine the thickness of it too. You can release it when you volumes.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your company.
Speaker 1: As always, we're saluting Lucky Galvin tonight.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you next week. Five an hour by by