Speaker 1: It's time now to explore Australia with Vic Widman thanks to Great Divide to us and Club four x four Insurance, the four wheel drive caravan and camper trailer insurance specialists. For a quote, visit Club four by four dot com dot Au.
Speaker 2: And of course Vic women is the owner operator of Great Divide Tours and you can get in touch with you anytime by this game to the website for WD dot net dot au. That's for WD dot net dot Au. Alsof we just google Great Divide Tours. He is the man who's actually been tipping us into a few places along the GiB Riveraid and of course we are now in Broom and he's got a few other ideas for us and some places to check out. He's on the line in Braidwood now, which is for a long way away from each other. Here he's down near Canberra. I'm up here in the northern western part of Australia in Broom and he's on the line.
Speaker 3: Victor Gooda, Oh goodday, mister duck.
Speaker 4: I wish I was there where you are. Let me degree he's here in brayd this morning. I bet it wasn't Broom.
Speaker 2: Well, we're hearing Broom at the moment, and you're lucky you're not here, because there's a few crocodiles.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at them right now.
Speaker 2: In fact, there's probably about almost a dozen in front of me, and one of them looking a bit.
Speaker 3: We're at the Malcolm.
Speaker 2: Douglas crock Farm and with young young Owen, and he's telling me that they've got this special mouthwash here for crocodiles, so if you were to get bitten, they would have to they would have to insert the mouthwash to the crocodile to get the bad taste out of his mouth.
Speaker 4: I got news for you, mate, Dusty. Remember that.
Speaker 3: And they're looking at me, I'm telling you, mate.
Speaker 4: They lawyer that Ham's sake, are you They're looking at me going, hang on, here's how to feed right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what an amazing place.
Speaker 4: What a beautiful place, Broom is you look.
Speaker 2: Really not long got any We've got any yesterday and we've had a bit of a look around. We're actually going to base ourselves here for a few days. But the first thing I wanted to do was come and check out the Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Farm. I've got to tell you, This place is unbelievable. And what Owen is doing, along with his staff and his grandmother is absolutely Malcolm Douglass legacy lives on here and he's a fresh set of eyes. He's young, he's enthusiastic, he's he's got some great ideas and plans, and it's it's a great it's a great place and and it'll be here for a very long time to come. And I can tell you if you're coming to broom Vic, you've got to come here because people people are fascinated by crocodiles. I don't want to get too close to them, but they all want to spot them and they'll walk, they'll walk through tracks and stuff. In some of those national parks I see the Fresheason, you might spot one or two. But if you come here, not only will you get to see them up close in a safe environment, but you'll actually get educated on them as well. And it's made it certainly worthwhile doing it. And how I implore anyone traveling in this part and there's plenty of people listening to us, we who.
Speaker 3: Travel to this part of the country.
Speaker 2: And on the Big Look, the Big Lap, if you're coming through Broom. You would not drive past here without stopping, or if you base yourself, come back into here and have a look. It's a great facility. It's it's actually more than what I expected. So anyway, so there you gave Victor. But you've got a few other places that you want to check out as well.
Speaker 3: See what else is he which you would love?
Speaker 2: Is a museums the museum here and now all the you know the stuff that Malcolm Douglas.
Speaker 4: Diving gears and all that stuff as well, famous for the Pearl divers with there.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm talking about the Malcolm No no, not not not brilliant, I'm talking about it. No, no, I'm talking about the museum here at the Crock Farm with the all the stuff about Malcolm Douglas and he's and Andrevers here and all this. You know that he's editing, he edited all these videos that's here exactly how it was great. Yeah, it's quite amazing. But you've got some other places that you want us to check out while we're here actually halfway through our filming trip.
Speaker 3: Mate, what else you got in for us?
Speaker 4: Well, look, you know, I mean just set off in Broom itself as well, I have no doubt that at some point you're going to get down onto Cable Beach and at the end of the day and watch the sunset. That's the really big thing to do. Whether it be right up at Cable Beach itself or down at guant From Point, which is the southern part of Cable Beach, it's something that everybody that the ice of Broom will do. You can drive your forward right down on the beach, et cetera there and watch that sunset over the Indian Ocean. They've got the camel rights. I can't see you on a camel, but there you go. But north of there, you've got capable leak right up to the cape there just north of Room a couple hundred k they've got a sealed road going all the way up to that now. And again that's a beautiful camp right on the beach up there, and there's a couple other little spots along the way Bugle Bay and a couple other places where you go out to the coast. And then south of there, mate, there's just so much the sea and I think you're heading south after this, all the way down that West Australian coast. There is just so much the sea along the way. Every little road that goes out to the beach, eighty mile Beach is one a caravan park right up there at eighty mile Beach. You know, it's just a brilliant part of the country, that asia blue colored sea that you have. And then a bit further south from that you start to get into one of the most beautiful places in Australia, which is at Karajani National Park, which is around that Hamersley Range, and that's that's you know, when people ask me where's your favorite place in Australia, I have to nominate that Caraagini National Park area and the walks that you can do down into those fantastic oak cordond and red colored, gorgeous. I've taken about it some several times over the years that we've been talking to you. It is a really really beautiful part of the country. Just south of Broom there a couple of days drive south and then maybe this continues like out to the coast all the way down Calbarry. The windows on the so the Calbarry's got the windows of nature and the Nature's window which is a hole in the rock formation. They've got the platforms that go out now the lookouts where it's a platform that goes out over the gorge is a couple of them. That's a really spectacular thing that they've done down there before. There you've got x now from the Mingaloo roof and people go swimming with the whale sharks. Mate, you're in heaven over there. I'm telling you. It's just so much to see and do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm not the only one here.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of people, plenty of caravan is everywhere out here, and it is a great part of the country where we are vic that is for sure.
Speaker 3: When we did the gibb.
Speaker 2: And we took in a lot of those national parks and those gorges and all that stuff, and certainly checked out a lot of a lot of stations and some good camp grounds as well.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Victor, you're a good man.
Speaker 2: And obviously we've credited you for all of this stuff because obviously you send us for some information and we we've taken obviously not everything that you send us, but because obviously our film crew have been up here before and had a few places that they wanted to revisit and thought we should do but obviously you've been a massually help Victor. We appreciate all that hope you've given us on this strip, mate, and that's.
Speaker 4: Just me being nice to you, beautiful part of the country. Fantastic party. Come. I'm glad you've got offensively say it mate, really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good on your Victor Or. We'll leave you there doing your training. I'm sure the people are recaptivated by you down there at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're wrapped in the jokes I've got. But no, we're doing a bit of fo drive recovery training today and we're just about to perform a very safe snat strap recovery.
Speaker 3: Let's look up a strap and send it, mate, send it.
Speaker 2: They say, all right, Victor, you're a good man, all right mate, Well you you want to get you there?
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks Victor, and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 3: You drive, take care, will do And there.
Speaker 2: Of course he is vic Widman, great Divide Tours. What he needs to do is run a course down there for how to drive rental motor homes on dirt raids. That would be pretty handy because some of them have absolutely no idea that he's for sure. But you can get onto wing ford wd dot net dot au Great Divide Tours. Just google that the best in the business, tag along tours of course, driver training go to the website ford wd dot net dot au Great Divide Tours