Speaker 1: The UK Report. Good morning, Inda Brady, how are you? Isn't much of a story over there in the UK of people talking about this whole situation much?
Speaker 2: They are fair? Yeah, look it's huge couple of lines on this. So the Prime Minister here, Starmer, is heading into an emergency meeting right now. Oh really, number ten, Downing Street. So when the British government is dealing with a crisis, or there is an impending international crisis, they go to what they call COBRA level. Sounds very dramatic. Cobra like a big dramatic biting snake. Actually stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room A, right, so it's quite anodyne. Really. They go to a briefing room in the Cabinet Office and it's briefing room A. So Starmer will be in there with his defense people, security officials, all his intelligence people. They're trying to figure out what's going on. Now Trump, I've just seen him speak on the lawn at the White House on TV. He was asked directly the question will you attack Iran? And he said I may or I may not. That was how he answered it. So he seems to be fifty to fifty either way, I think what Starmer's trying to weigh up that if America does get involved with Israel and they go after Iran even more, what kind of support will the UK, if any, offer to the United States. It could be use of British air bases in the region. There is raf facretary on Cyprus, it could be refueling. They may well offer fighter jets. We don't know, but Starmer right now is trying to figure out a response, trying to figure out what's happening and trying to figure out a response.
Speaker 1: Usually from memory. Whenever there was a Cobra meeting, this had to do with internal security and also threats of terrorism. I don't know if this encompasses that.
Speaker 2: So you're right. Normally when the UK government goes into Cobra, it is as a result of a terror attack in one of our cities, or British nationals have been attacked abroad. It's generally something very very domestic and UK related. But this would relate to UK troops. So I think what Starmar is doing is just being prudent and trying to work out a plan that if it comes to it, and you know, there's a good relationship, a very good relationship between the UK and the Trump administration, as evidenced by that deal that was signed the other day, a trade deal. But clearly Starmer was at the G seven and had no idea and no heads up about what Trump plans to do. So I think right now he's trying to just get organized.
Speaker 1: Does this come across as as an organized meeting or something that's been hastily put together.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think Starmar does hasty. I mean, he's a lawyer, he's a very meticulous man. He's quite studious. You know a lot of people call him boring. I don't think Starmer does hasty or off the cuff. I think he likes to be organized, and I'm sure he's been thinking this the back of his mind since coming back from Canada and the G seven, that you know, we need to kind of have a plan, and that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 1: So you watched the White House front lawn chat that Donald Trump had the malong night call it more chat than a press conference, because I thought he seemed very nonchalant and incredibly relaxed for a man who's got all of this on his shoulders. What did you what impression did you get from his demeanor?
Speaker 2: Well, it was the usual chaosic, rambling communication. I mean, it started off about a flag pole, and then suddenly he's talking about the guy who sets the interest rates in the Federal Reserve Bank in America. Then the usual jibes against Joe Biden and the previous administration. Then he started saying, how these guys who are putting up the flagpoles, one of them could be a movie star. Started talking about Iran and Israel. So it's I call it word salad. You know. It's like he tosses everything up in the air and what lands in the bowl gets served to the people. So it's a very strange way of running an administration. Bus I do think the United States seems to be leaning towards attacking Iran.
Speaker 1: But he didn't seem to be at all in any sense of hurry. He didn't seem to be in any sense of you know, life. He never is, no, but he seemed more so, I thought. I thought in this particular case, I was really surprised at how relaxed he seemed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very laid back. But ultimately other people will be doing the work, you know. He will sign off on it, and defense chiefs and military people will have to put a plan into action and make it work. Bus what happens if he attacks Iran? And then not that far away in Katar, you have a huge American military base called Al you died. I've actually been there. It is vast, it's in the desert Guitar. There are thousands of Americans on the ground there. So he needs to be very, very careful because Iran clearly will not be able to strike the United States of America on American soil, but they could destroy the airbase with two missiles.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's something nobody wants to think about. Let's move on to a huge house explosion in London. This is a terrible story.
Speaker 2: What happened exactly, So emergency services college to a place called Stoke, Newington, northeast London. Two reports of what, on the face of it looked like a gas explosion and a house in bits and they found the body of a woman in her forties inside. Now she's been named as Annabelle Rook, someone who worked very closely with women who had been the victims of domestic violence and gender based violence. And she was dead God help her. She died. On the face of it, it looked like she died in this gas explosion. Then what happened was closer examination of her body they found stab wounds. The working theory police are looking at is that somebody killed her and then set about creating this gas explosion to make it look as if she had died in a non sinister way. A man in his forties known to her has been arrested, So God help her. It appears that she herself has become a victim of domestic violence.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible story. On a line of note, I see here that you've mentioned that you're heading into a heat wave. Heat wave by your conditions compared to Australia. Mind, it's freezing Carldia. How hot is it so?
Speaker 2: Right now? Twenty seven celsius caused much of the southeast and south of England and London thirty one celsius. It will get up to on Friday in the Capitol and this is going to last they reckon maybe another six or seven days. Now. I know Australians will be rolling their eyes and saying, oh the Brits their heat waves and they touched thirty one celsius. They think it's hot. We're never going to get to Marble Barle in Western Australia. It's just not going to happen here. But it's interesting. The Meteorological Office, who deal with weather patterns in the UK and forecasts, they've come out today in the newspapers and said we need to start planning for forty celsius summers in the south of England. Really, that's the way it's headed.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about you, funnily enough, talking about the weather. At the end of the day, I read this story about whether or not Vladimir Putin could attack a Britain, could attack Britain by blocking out the sun. I don't know if you'd heard anything about this.
Speaker 2: But actually did a TV show the other day on this stop at THEO Engineering as they call us.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, so it's actually a thing.
Speaker 2: It's a thing. I have to hold my hands up and say, Phil. I read as many articles and newspaper clips as I could about and I still didn't understand this. I had some brilliant scientists on the program and climate change experts, and they explained it. But look, I think we've seen Putin in operation on UK soil, and what he does is he sends his operatives. I don't think he's going to block out the sun to spike the UK. I'd be more concerned about what we're seeing, this kind of cyber warfare, hybrid warfare and very suspicious incidents involving UK infrastructure. You'll remember a couple of months ago we spoke about the electricity substation near Heathrow Airport suddenly catching fire and all the power being lost at the airport and flights being canceled for twenty four hours. That still doesn't add up to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a point. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: A very very unusual thing to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the story, well just a bit of it. Anyway, they could use sola engineering this is Russia to use technology to reflect light away from the Earth back into space by dimming some of the clouds. Well right, I mean, like, hey, if you're going to threaten somebody with something that's pretty good, you know, don't make me come over? Yeah yeah, I mean that literally is.
Speaker 2: One level manni evil genius stuff.
Speaker 1: It's it is a new level of the metaphor throwing shade, isn't it? Don't make me come over there and throw some shade. Literally, hey, listen.
Speaker 2: To block out your sunlight.
Speaker 1: Don't make me block out your son. Can I get you to hang on a set because I've got a couple of other things i want to talk to you about. Okay, that's our end of Brady in the UK. We'll get back to him in just a moment and we're going to talk about a couple of other things that are going on. Twenty three minutes past one. Doctor Carl Kruziniski coming up in a moment answering the questions that you texted is through last week with ask doctor Carl. But we've got end of Brady on the phone. Thanks for hanging on there. I want to talk to you about a couple of things just to wrap up, one being the football and the situation with Andrew posta Cooglu, who of course was with Spurs managed to get them a bit of silverware, but now he's gone.
Speaker 2: He is and the Tottenham chairman has put a video today saying or explaining why he made that decision. So a lot of people, Spurs fans and non Spurs fans, feel that he's been badly treated winning them a major European trophy. They've done nothing for years and Big Ange wins the trophy and gets sacked. Now I think Ange won't be out of a job very long. He has admirers all over the world now, after all that publicity and that amazing night in where was it in let me think Northern Spain that night built bow when they won the trophy. So Levy, Daniel Levy is the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur. He's come out today in a video and he said, look, we want to win the Premier League. And he said it was very difficult to sack Ange. He said, we are friends, there's an emotional connection, but he said we want to win the Premier League and finishing seventeenth last season just was not good enough. So despite winning European Trophy, they took the view that Tottenham are a long way away from winning the Premier League. And now they're bringing in this Danish guy from Brentford called Thomas Frank who they have described as a superhuman and he's going to take a lot of superhuman efforts to get that Tottenham team competitive next year, starting August seventeenth, I think in the EPL home to Burnley. So they've just come up from the championship. Sports should beat them handling.
Speaker 1: And if people don't realize, if they don't have an idea about English football, if you're a football manager in the UK, you can be a superstar, more so than a lot of the players, Maurinho being a great example, Alex Ferguson. Of course, with Men United being a gooner, we'd never ever be able to replace Arsen Vega. If you can get yourself into a position like Paso Cooglu, you can becolm somewhat of a national treasure without ever kicking a ball.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, household name. And some people will love you, and some people won't like you. They'll never have met you. But I know people who would not be in the same room as Jose Mourinho and they don't like him because of his time at Chelsea. And then you will guess Tottenham fans who will hate Arsene Wenger. But these are successful men. They're loved because they're successful, and then the same reason is why people don't like them. So it's a shame. You know. The one thing that the names you've mentioned there, Alex Ferguson, Marinho, Wenger, they're all given time, you know, there was well, that's it something and big and has not been given the time and he still was building something and won a trophy. So it's a real shame for him, and I think it's a shame for Tottenham.
Speaker 1: Mind you, those names that we both mentioned there came from a different era where they were given a lot more time. And why the world is at the moment this is a whole other conversation. Everything's got to be done immediately now. As you said with Mourinho, some people will love you, some people will hate you. Brings me to an email that I got from Ed who Ed Who's in Irana Hills in Brisbane. Who actually said it to Mike Jeffries, but it came through into my box and he said that when I was discussing the chat we had last week how you went to Peru? He said, I'm a thickhead because I didn't actually talk to you about your visit to Machu Picchu. So could you just elaborate for EDGs, just so I can get out of these bad books. How you experienced was there?
Speaker 2: Oh? With pleasure? Ed It was an extraordinary experience. So we were picked up at four am. We were in the city of Cusco. A minibus came and got us. It was an organized group. If you're going to Peru, if you're going to match you piachu, go with an organized group. So you'll have a lot of people flogging tickets and I can get you this, I can get you that. The only issue four and a half thousand permits per day. So the Peruvian government clamping down on over tourism and all these rogue traders. So go with someone you trust. You're going to spend four hundred and fifty US dollars. That's what I spent now for that. We got picked up in a minibus. There was a train to a town called Aguas Calientes, which is the nearest settlement or town beside Matchw Peach And then when we got off the train, there was a minibus driver there who took us up to the gates of the park and you go in and you hike from maybe twenty minutes and there in the middle of all these extraordinarily beautiful mountains. It was a scorching hot day. It looked like the gates of heaven were opening up in front of us. And Matthew Peachew, you look down on us, you can find my Instagram that in the Brady e Ndaight b or a d y and you can see some of the pictures I took of it just off my phone. It was stunning. I mean, I need to go get a book and learn the history of the place. But how they built it there, how they survived for so long. I didn't see any source of water in the area whatsoever, certainly not near Matcha Peachu. It was brilliant. And the one other thing I did fill which was very good value for money, we did an organized tour up Rainbow Mountain. Now go on a search engine type in Rainbow Mountain, Peru and check this out. So a glacier has receded and beneath the snow four or five years ago, these extraordinary colors came screaming out of the mountainside. The altitude was the same level as Basse Camp Everest. It was very difficult. There wasn't much oxygen in the air. But we hyped up there and that was even more beautiful than Matchu Pichu.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go on your Instagram page to have a look at that. You've sold it to me, mate, lovely to touch you. Stay cool out there, with your heat wave and we'll touch you next week. Thank you so much. Enda Brady how UK corresponded there and as I said, get onto his as he said, get onto his Instagram page and have a look at some of the photos he took to when it was in proof