Speaker 1: Now Ashwa Ganda. This has been a go to herb for centuries to promote sleep and combat the effects of stress on.
Speaker 2: Our energy levels.
Speaker 1: To chat more about it, where you are joined by Erica, Mirabelio and Naturopath to give us a list of its qualities. Good morning to you, Erica.
Speaker 2: Good morning Sarah. Thank you for having me on the show again today. It's the pleasure to be back. Great to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about some of the key benefits of ashwaganda.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. Ashwaganda is an adaptogenic herb, and this means that it helps the body to adapt to stress and return to a state of homeostatus, which is an overall balance in the body. So stress can impact us all in different ways. Some people find that they may feel stressed during the day if they lead a busier, demanding lifestyle, and others may feel stressed at night when they're trying to switch off, but then they get caught up in their thoughts. So I think a lot of people can get confused, like how can this work for me during the day and at night too? Will it make me sleepy in the day, will it give me energy at night? But the goal of an adaptagen is to have a normalizing effect, so that means it's lowering or raising our bodies responses based on the individual person's needs. And a practical example of how an adapter gen can work and bring us back to homeostasis is combating the effects of stress that can affect our energy levels during the day, all the effects of stress that are interrupting our sleep patterns that night.
Speaker 3: Now, Erica, you're talking about two of the most powerhouse I think, magnesium and ashraganda, so together that must just be the most beautiful combination. And then the other question I have is this something that we can continually take or do we need to cycle this?
Speaker 2: No, so I mean something like that can be taken ongoing. Ideally you would want to sort of normalize yourself within a certain timeframe. Generally it's within about twelve weeks, but it can actually be taken ongoing depending on the person. So especially something like magnesium, it is a nutrient that we can get through our diets, so it can help to support the overall nervous system health along with muscle health as well, and it plays an a central role in muscle relaxation. So it gets really interesting when you think of it like this. Have you ever noticed when you feel stressed, you find yourself all tense stuff, and you know, the muscles are really wound up as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, as we have about definitely.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely guilty of that. So that would be stress during the day when you're feeling the tightness in your jaw, in the neck, in the shoulders. But for other people, even after having a full night's rest, they can wake up feeling like they run a marathon. And again that's part of the stress cycles. So with magnesium being stored in our muscles, during periods of stress or mild anxiety, the nervous system will utilize higher amounts of magnesium, and especially for those who don't get enough magnesium in their diet, they may be experiencing that kind of depletion like the muscular cramps or the twitches as well. And yeah, so ashraganda and magnesium are great combination because we often find that the muscular signs tie in with the stress levels, so together they will help to relieve the symptoms of stress mild anxiety and also support muscle health and relaxation.
Speaker 4: Sarah Erica, the issue here, Sorry Erica, the issue here. Is to reassure people that ashraganda is not a stimulant. It's not designed to review up. It's designed to rebalance. And by definition, if we would say it's a warming herb, it soothes, it rebuilds, helps sleep, but nevertheless helps stress as well. Have you had a key message that we could take home about ash reganda.
Speaker 2: A keen message that I would say to people, I mean being the hero herb of the day. It all goes back to its traditional uses in Western herbal medicine as an adaptogen. So whether that's day or night, it can help you to de stress, relax and recharge. And if we're looking at the key takeaway for your listeners for the day, it would definitely be to look out for a supplement that's combined with a unique blend of ingredients that's tailored to your needs. So whether that be stress anxiety, sleep support, or energy maintenance as well.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Erica Mirabellio Natura Path, thank you so much for joining us this morning, No worries, Thank you for having me