Speaker 1: Now this is a stratio urbanized with pat Panetta.
Speaker 2: Then the garlic, who the Pharaoh? It sounds now war is declared, a battle come down? Done the garlic to the unworld command of the cover y bye the girl done the garlic that don't look at us, phony Biddlemania, it's burnt us. Then the darling. See we ain't got the swing except for the ring of the concert things.
Speaker 1: I see, yes, some Australia not Peppina for Tony McManus. And we're going to a UK report now and the Brady's on the line, did I Ender?
Speaker 3: Good morning, past, good to speak again.
Speaker 1: Great to have you back on the program. Of course, Kistama bringing forward Trump's state visit to September. But this is not what Charles wanted there Ender, No.
Speaker 3: This is really interesting today. So Trump is in your he has been to the NATO summits in the Netherlands, and the timing of this it's all about pleasing President Trump. So the UK government moving mountains on this one. We were initially told that when this second state visit for Trump to the UK was being offered, that it would be maybe mid twenty sixth, possibly early twenty twenty seven. And now we're being told it's going to happen in September. President Trump wanted it to happen as soon as possible, and he's getting his way now. The King had initially said that he would like President Trump to visit for maybe lunch and a visit to Balmoral in Scotland at some point this year and they could sit down and hammer out the detail of the full state visit that the King wanted to take place in twenty twenty six. And now we're hearing it's going to happen in September. And President Trump, he's a very kind of instantaneous kind of guy. He likes a deal done quickly. He's going to get his way. So let's see what's sort of a reception he gets from the King, because of course Charles is very very fond of Canada, where he is of course the King too.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, very interesting. And Trump's style of to the obvious, of keeping everyone in their toes means that at NATO you had nations moving with the spind on defense and now this move as well, as you say, the date being shifted just to keep mister Trump on side. Because of this style where you just never know what's coming next precisely.
Speaker 3: Look, we know he's a transactional US president the likes of which we've never seen before, and it's all about the deal. So he's getting his way. He's got his way in Europe today, cracking the whip and telling people to spend five percent of their GDP on defense, and they're all rowing in in line. They're falling over themselves to do Trump's bidding and to be seen as on his side. So it's quite something to watch.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the UK report on Australia ever night within the Brady and the UK to spend millions on buying US FIA jets that can carry NU killo weapons. Tell us more about this one.
Speaker 3: Yes, So again this is kir Starmer and the UK government taking sides with America and doing everything Trump wants of them. He's all about the deal. The UK is going to buy a dozen F thirty five A fighter jets. Now, these can be equipped with nuclear weapons if needs be. Currently the United Kingdom, while it has a supply of nuclear weapons, they can only be launched from submarines, so this will widen out the armory. It's pretty much a kind of two fingers up to Russia doing the deal with the Americans. It's obviously a multi billion dollar contract. And again, you know, just shaking hands with Trump, keeping him on side, and Kier Starmer clearly is doing everything in his power to make sure what the Brits have always called a special relationship remained special.
Speaker 1: And as you know, our Prime minister was struggling to even get a meeting. I know they had to leave the Trump left the G seven quite quickly. We wanted to meet with Trump. All this Elbow did regarding the Orcus agreement. I think there was a review there, well, there was a review there. So interestingly, our prime minister's finding it hard to sort of get his hands on Trump and have a meeting. But Keys Starmer is making more progress in that front. To state the obvious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's been fascinating to watch actually past in all honesty Starmer and Trump. You know, Starmer is a human rights lawyer, He's a humanitarian, he is a big legal brain. He's not massively charismatic, his critics say, but I think, you know, for a studious guy who is ultimately a socialist leader, leader of the Labor Party, he has played a blinder. I mean he gets on with Trump. He did that UK US trade deal the other week. Starmer, I think, as he approaches his first anniversary in the job, which will follow the end of next week, he is playing a blinder and a lot of other leaders are looking and just wondering how can they get time with Trump? And Starmer's doing it the right way, you know, offering him things. It's all about the deal. He is a transactional president. He wants deals, he wants stuff, he wants shiny things. So you just got to think of what can you offer America.
Speaker 1: So Keith Stamer obviously, as you say, playing a blind a very clever. It's not easy to get the attention to Trump and to get him on side that way. So maybe there's a very subtle art there to Kiyostama, is what you're saying. He must be a strategic and playing it very clever to make sure that, you know, as PM of the UK, he's keeping that relationship solid. So he's doing a good job on that front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you could not have predicted this from Starmer came into power because he's not massively effective speaker. He's not a brilliant communicator, and you know he spent all his life in law. He is a lawyer prior to becoming a politician. He only entered politics in his fifties. He was head of the Crown Prosecution Service, which deals with criminals and who to go after. And his whole life up until going into labor politics was law, law and prosecutions. And now he suddenly is the one man in Europe who has Trump on speed dial, and Trump does listen.
Speaker 1: En de Brady on Australia ever night. The UK Report and Wimbledon to commission a statue to Andy Murray for its anniversary one hundred and fiftieth anniversary in twenty twenty seven. And now you're a fan of Andy Murray and I guess this is good news.
Speaker 3: I think he's brilliant, but he has achieved how many young people he has inspired, certainly in this country to go and learn tennis. His brother as well, and not forgetting his mother Judy, who pushed the two of them and you know, took them out of the UK system, took them to Spain where they learned from the absolute best in Europe. Andy Murray will have a statue in twenty twenty seven at Wimbledon The only British player previously to have one male player is Fred Perry, who won US I think in nineteen thirty six, and he was a legendary old English player and he was the last man to win Wimbledon's men single championship until Andy Murray came along and of course won it for Scotland and the United Kingdom. So two Wimbledon titles, a US Open, so that's three slams in total, and two Olympic gold medals on top of all the other matches and tournaments he won along the way. Andy Murray will have that statue. I think it's brilliant. I think he's such an inspiring guy. He gets a lot of grief in England because he cracked one gag on the radio years ago when he was being interviewed about a soccer World Cup and he asked him who would he be supporting, and he jokingly replied any one but England. People if not like that, and it still gets brought up. It just goes to show you the power of radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, and you make ones to the statement and sometimes that out of context you can sort of see if you're sitting there, Yeah, there's a joke and he's sort of poking a bit of fun, stirring it up, but obviously it just took the wrong momentum. Wonderful. Great to talk to you in the week as a feeling for Tony Mac. I guess we'll talk again on the weekend. Always love having you on You enjoy your Thursday and Wednesday or whatever it is there. I think it's Wednesday when you are enjoy you the rest of your week and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Nder, look forward to it. Pat, thanks for having me