Speaker 1: Guess what Caroly cats and balances here with us in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone, Welcome to Australia overnight and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 1: Australia's quiet.
Speaker 3: The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 4: Through the dark.
Speaker 5: There's a guiding light three aw keeps us close tonight.
Speaker 4: Over night.
Speaker 5: We share the stories and laughter everywhere, from city streets to the outbacks. Guys, Australia trees as station fly midnight hours.
Speaker 1: This softly.
Speaker 4: The city wakes heart goes n soon. He's voice, like a friendly.
Speaker 5: Brings the country close across this slam over.
Speaker 4: Night, shedier.
Speaker 3: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere.
Speaker 1: Want to fling the arms around everybody in Tasmania too at the moment. Nice to have your company wherever you aret right across Australia. It is Australia opennight to come and join us one double three six nine three for open line.
Speaker 4: Mid night hours.
Speaker 6: Softly City wakes hard goes now.
Speaker 1: To his voice.
Speaker 4: Like a fairly.
Speaker 3: Brings the country cloaks across.
Speaker 1: The lad o the name all right, Cavin joined us one double three six nine three. I'm Anthony Robin McManus Carole, Kats and Manas. It's a Friday morning Australia, Avernard.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Stand by regional stations, stand by three x Y and Melbourne threes and Melbourne five KA in Adelaide, but six I X in Bert. Where else will we go? The eighth Radio Network? Carroll. A lot of old fashioned names in there. I like Caroly kids.
Speaker 8: It's to have you back. I mean you've been back for a few days. You were missed last week.
Speaker 1: Now more importantly, that's very kind of.
Speaker 8: But Simon and I we had good fun.
Speaker 1: Now you and I now look me in the eye. Where are you going to be on Monday for the Big King's Birthday game?
Speaker 8: You're going to laugh at this. I'm going to be here. I've got a long stretch of work coming up. I'm going to be right here.
Speaker 1: So you'll be in this building, in this building, in the news, so you won't be ringing me halfway through the game Melbourne Collingwood and going.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 8: I'll give you a couple of texts during the game. Will indeed lovely to have you back. We did make up free midnight last week, Simon Iaran's and I. You did make up make up free Midnight.
Speaker 1: I called it that because because he wasn't wearing makeup, neither was I and he usually does so if when he's not here in the studio he usually does and so.
Speaker 8: A little bit TV as you know on Thursday night, and of course he came here. Oh you've changed, I said, indeed I have. Yes, there, you are very different without makeup, you know, with and without, as.
Speaker 1: We all do, you always look, you always look. Justify lots of things about which we can chat. We'll get to the carse in just a moment. You can come and play with us, should you choose to do that, We love it. Have you on board anything you want to raise on the program. We've got some topics we thought we might cover Caroli, Kats and barters from our Australia Overnight newsroom where we look at some of the issues of the week. We will talk about Tazzy, what's going to happen down there?
Speaker 8: Yes, that's my big one today.
Speaker 1: The fascination. We've got to be very careful about what we say and how we say this, but the fascination with the trial in more Well is a little bit lost on me, and probably because I guess I wasn't around when it was all unfolding, or I wasn't acutely aware, but I understand stand the fascination now that zillions have for us.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a fellow that's got a YouTube channel in America. I know who is broadcasting it. He apparently chooses interesting Australian court cases and he's been in one of our mast heads the Age saying that he just wants to do more of these Australian trials. Of course, our legal system is very different, very much, sir. But he's intrigued, and I think we are intrigued. And it's fair to say, you know, as a former court reporter, one of the intriguing things is when the person accused of the crime is put on the stand and their evidence. And we've seen our coverage with the Nine network, both on radio, newspaper and television, the reporters describing the atmosphere in the court. Of course, the questions come up naturally how come there are no photos allowed? And you know the reason why is when a court artist sketches the accused or any in the trial, it's more as a respect, it's a respect, it's the solemnity of the court. Case. I think we're all fascinated by the wheels of justice as well, because it's one of those cases where you just, yeah, I'm very intrigued by it. And as I said, it's all before the courts. But yes, it's garner this worldwide following. And of course it's in more Well, which is it's not in Melbourne, it's not at the big you know, the Supreme Court here. So you've got the people that will line up every day that are intrigued, professional court watchers, members of the local community, family and friends of people from all sides, and they're very diligent and they'll do that. And we don't know how long the trial will continue.
Speaker 1: You know, we don't. And you look at the pictures that we do see on the TV, things like the people trying to get in to spend a bit of time to understand it, yes, to have a look at it, and lining up from four thirty five o'clock.
Speaker 3: That's right now.
Speaker 8: That doesn't surprise me, because of course the more coverage that something gets, the more intriguing people are. But of course there's only X number of seats the court. We've covered of course on this radio station that it's a ballot for the media as to who gets a seat in the court. There's a closed live stream which is also on a ballot thing as well for people to do and as we know, those people that are online that have access to various newspapers, there's often a live stream, as there always is with many things, but which is interesting to see justice and to see the trial happening, because as we know, people are innocent until proven guilty.
Speaker 1: I've always been an advocate and have been for many a decade for people to randomly wander in, particularly in the senior courts, to just wander in paying full respect to the court. Yes, to go and sit for whether you sit for ten minutes, whether you sit for a couple of hours, that's right. Looking at how that process works, people are often critical of the process. Very few of us get to spend the time sitting in and.
Speaker 8: Listening to a dry absolutely. I mean, I got selected for jury duty when I was in Western Australia, but the first day that I had to present myself was the first day of a COVID lockdown. So then it got delayed by three months and I got called up again, but then it was another lockdown and you know that opportunity has got a Tony Tardio from our newsroom. He recently he recently served fascinating. I think the thing is, you have to be in a state or your name comes up, but it's you know, it's at least twenty twenty five years and there's various things. But of course there's always challenges. But it is a very interesting process because of course we're not privy to everything that is in the court, and you can't be. But it's interesting to see we live in a democracy and I think that, you know, as Tony Tardio said, it's not lost on him, we are very fortunate to live in a democracy because the alternative is a dictatorship isn't much better. And the thing that's also interesting was, of course they empaneled fifteen jurors, and we're allowed to say this, but one of the jurors before the trial began, the judge gives the directions. Out of those fifteen jurors, one of them had Apparently, I don't know how the judge found out they were given the instructions. Do not speak about this with your family friends, do not read things well. I don't know, maybe this duror is very excited, but they will call it a They went and discussed it with them, and that got back to the judge, and the judge nothing had been presented, but he said, we can't risk we can't risk this, and so the person that was in pater was let go. So then you're down to fourteen jurors and then you're kept right up until the end, because of course it has to be a unanimous.
Speaker 1: Without over glamorizing it. Yes, it's this this heightened sense of a theater that is, and it's a wonderful thing to observe, even say, the conversation, the relationship between his or her honor and those that may be facing his or her honor and presenting a case one way or the other. It's it's amazing to watch, and particularly if you're a dura, to watch those little nuances and watch the demeanor of people inside the.
Speaker 8: Court and the body language. You know, and as I said, you and I, well, the body language. And it's interesting because you think that you know people of our generations, you're I guess we didn't grow up with computers and AI and that you can you can you can pick up on body language and nuances. I think it's a bit of a street smart and as you say, it's interesting in a courtroom to look at that, and quite often reporters in their pieces to camera will comment about the facial expressions or what happens. But yeah, I just I have found it amazing that it's been covered that this person in America never knew that there was that type of mushroom in the world, and he's actually just in America. Aren't there death count mushas there are? Indeed, it's like a revelation to people it's increased. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to watch. We'll take your calls the other side. For those that are waiting, don't leave us. We'll come back to you in just a moment. One double three six nine three. I'm all and lots of people wanting to talk about that. So we've got to be a little what's the word I'm looking for. We've got to be a bit careful about what we say how we say it there because we don't want in any way to impact the trial, and we wouldn't want.
Speaker 9: To do it.
Speaker 8: And we've said no names as we to be extra careful.
Speaker 1: Neither of us want to end up in prison infinitely. We're both way too attractive. One double three six nine three is the telephone number. Stay there, we'll come back shortly. It is Australier overnight. Good morning. That's us a nice to have you company. Thank you for being part of the program. Helen High from South Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hi, Tony Him Caroline.
Speaker 8: Hello Helen. Lovely to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Now. I know we live in a democracy, but I think over the last decade or so, less and less do we understand about the workings of the law, which has been our next complete support system. For example, no one I knew knew that bail didn't involve paying money, so.
Speaker 1: That was a shock.
Speaker 6: There seems to be no one between the law makers, the law and actors and us other than the media. So we rely like hell on the media. But it isn't you know? I want an army of the likes of is it?
Speaker 1: John Selbesto, he's wonderful, He's wonderful, Sly he's wonderful. Right journalist great.
Speaker 6: For example, this week we had hours and hours and hours on the radio about the naughty soccer fans who had flaars. Okay, ours probably I don't know how many hours. At the same time, seven days ago, a woman in a country town stabbed four people.
Speaker 1: Just be very careful.
Speaker 6: So is it going to be careful?
Speaker 1: Well, well, let me assure you you will be careful because I don't want to go to prison. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So allegedly allegedly is the word that we're going to use, because I don't know whether this is before the court selling.
Speaker 6: Well, I can tell you so we heard about it on the first night, particularly as one of the four incidents, the person was flown by helicopter to Melbourne in a serious condition. Not a single report since I know the place verey. Well, the person was named straight off but has since chosen not to go to court, will not leave herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Helen, that's that's the system. Yes, that's available to each in every one of us.
Speaker 8: That's right. And sometimes, you know, you can report on an incident, but when somebody is charged, it completely changes, which is why you often see on the television news and why on programs you know morning programs or you know Breakfast, Ross and Russ or whoever. It might be a lot of detail that comes out. But then when someone is charged. It's just a completely different landscape and then you know the wheels of justice because you know it's an average fifty two week wait for you know, for an indictable offense. We often hear that. So if they're behind bars for a year, then it comes up. Then they're relying television stations on file vision to build the picture as to what may happen, et cetera, et cetera. But there is and you can't always you can't always report everything you know that is in the court. Sometimes there are suppression orders that come up at the very last minute. There are injunctions that happen at a minute to six with there and you can be round I've experienced it twenty years ago, reporting right up to it, your story. The news reader can be reading the intro and injunction comes and suddenly it's dropped and off. There's a lot of stuff that happens behind the scenes, and it all just depends on exactly what's going on and what the news of the day is. All news is sort of sanitized and edited before it actually goes to air. But I think the process of being able to go into an Australian court, as you say, and observe the process. I don't know whether anybody saw the Chung Lay documentary on Sky News there. It's absolutely fantastic with what it is, and you hear about what she went through, and you actually hear from the Australian ambassador and the embassy staff up there with what they could or couldn't they're not able to go into according job. Whatever you know, it happened. I won't say at all, but I just think that principle of democracy. I mean, yes, of course, there are many people in Victoria we think we live in a dictatorship some of the time with what's going on, but we live in, as you very rightly point out, democracy that can't be taken for granted. I think we're all appalled at the way the courts, you know, bailing fifteen and sixteen year olds on many charges and things, and none of us can understand it and want a common sense approach. But in essence, we live in a democracy and being able to go into a court is a privilege and it's a great, as you say, learning experience.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible system and it works. It works most of the time. It's not perfect, but it's still a really good system compared to other parts around the world. Yes, can we get a cool arue, Bobby, Good morning.
Speaker 10: To you, Good morning to the two of you, and the listeners as well. I have a little bit of a problem without justice system, and that is but now, without mentioning any cases whatsoever, I just want to say that there are a lot of cases where I wonder have a judge managed to pass such a sentence, because firstly, we're never told what causes the judge to think the way he does, what amount of leniency he's giving or not giving. And I think the system has a few flaws there from the general public point of view. Now, the judge might be able to sit there and say, oh, this poor person's had a bad life. Oh, this poor person.
Speaker 11: Got done over when they were young. I mean that judge might know all that, and the judge might be taking some of that into account. That to me as a listener, as a person on the outside, I don't get the full story of the case.
Speaker 1: Would you don't because you don't sit through the drove job.
Speaker 8: And also the judgments that are done by judge they can often be twenty five thirty forty pages long, and of course it's almost like a reporter has to do the quote executive summary as to what it is. But transcripts and judges remarks, if they're available to the public, they do go through things, they do take it into account as well. I hear exactly what you're saying. You know, there's it's very sad with court. Sometimes we look on it with a common sense thing, but there are often other extenuating circumstances and I guess that is why a judge is a judge, and we often accuse them of being an ivory towers and not getting it right. But as we've heard many times with Tom Percy Kse and we've heard with what with what Tony Mack often says, it's a process and we don't here and it can be very frustrating. We you know, it's frustrating as well.
Speaker 1: And Bobby, how long since you've just wandered in to the county court or a senior court anywhere in Australia and just sat for a couple of days listening to how it all works.
Speaker 10: No, I haven't, but I have seen it.
Speaker 1: So Bobby, I highly recommend it. You should do that, bef. You should not just get it on a TV report, you should actually sit through it, and you're and you're permitted to do that, you're encouraged to do that.
Speaker 10: I hear what you're saying, but I would also like to see perhaps is there no way that the reporters can give a summation of it or is it just too long?
Speaker 8: Well, they assummation. So what they do is they're reporting what is going on in court. When you see them with the microphone in front outside say more well caught or whatever, they are using their words to paint the picture as to what it might be. So it might be the accused that there stoney faced, blah blah blah, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. But they're giving the report as to what has happened in court. Sometimes you see graphics on the screen with the direct translation as to a direct direct translation, direct description as to what has been said. But they're reporting what has happened in court. They're not offering an opinion as such. And a lot of people think, oh, they're doing opinions, but they're not. That would come after sentence is handed down, because your job is there to report what is said, and that interpretation is left up to the audience, not commentary, not commentary, No, not commentary. Thank you for the Oh well that's that's that's the that's the best that I can do as well.
Speaker 1: It's beautifully i'd say, Bob, thank you, Leea, and Hi, Hi Tony, Hi Carole, and good morning.
Speaker 12: I'd just like to.
Speaker 13: Point add to you your two versions is a court is like going to the doctors. It's confidential. It cannot just blurt out names. You can't say you know. It also depends if the media says everything before there's a jury pick the jury's bias, aren't they. I mean, it all comes down to legality and confidentiality. What goes on in court as it does in the doctor's room. The doctor cannot tell anyone your and the same thing with a court. And there's also the evidence. I mean, the evidence are the people giving evidence. I mean, there's a lot of factors involved in the court system, and reporters are just doing a basic summary ill what's happened in the court.
Speaker 8: That's definitely right. I mean the current case we're talking about it took place in June twenty twenty three. It took place two years ago. There was publicity and reports about it before the accused was charged, And I guess it's a matter of the people that are impaneled on the jury. If they have a long memory and they remember some of that, their role is to put that out of their mind and just concentrate on the evidence that is presented to them, which is which is quite a tough job as well, because it's quite exhausting with court hours to do it because you're there, you're focused. There, there's no extraneous stuff, there's no looking at your iPhone or looking at your iPad. You're there, focused, you're hearing the evidence as well.
Speaker 1: Do you remember during the Cardinal pell inquiries, there was probably hardly a day that went past where you and I as journalists or commentators didn't get instruction legal instructions. Oh yes about who, how, why, where and when almost every day, and we were coached as to the real concerns that we would have should that be in breach, should we breach that. It happens not only to those trials high profile.
Speaker 8: But most of them, most of the trials, and there are suppression orders around all the time with courts. I think Victoria, I think we've discussed it before it has the highest number of suppression orders. But you have to be I mean, there's a you know, there's a media stream that comes through order. You have to be aware of it one percent.
Speaker 1: And there'd be people in this audience that would remember very much the Asian Chamberlain situation where in Australia, in the world really but certainly in Australia, everybody had a view. Everybody had an opinion.
Speaker 8: Yes, everyone's going to put sure review about this current course, this current thing.
Speaker 1: But it's some but the opinion is not the thing that's important because it's not necessarily presented at the trial. Yes, one, double three, six nine three, more of your calls either side. It is Australia Overnight, Caroli, Cats and Barnas. We're going to talk about the Tasmanian devils, Yes we are, and the fact that your great President has banned not one but twelve countries from entering the USA. We'll look at that next. Come and join us one double three, six nine three to have your say, just so people know when we're going to do this little program on a Thursday night or Friday morning for Australia Overnight. Carol and we talk about some notes. Caraly send some notes and I look at it and I go, oh, there's some really interesting things there. Can I just read one of these notes because I found it hysterically funny? Says that me, things I would ban, given that Trump has banned twelve truck countries. And then you said me things I would ban. So we thought we'd throw that open to the listener. One double three, six' nine three things you would?
Speaker 14: Read?
Speaker 1: Bad go? On CAN i read? IT i would ban main roads from coordinating traffic lights and. Flow what? YES i would also ban pedestrians who are able bodied from sauntering across a. Crossing walk with? Purpose would you add a little bit? There but let's go with walk with. PURPOSE i was taught you walk quickly to the other. Side you don't just door across just because, yeah AND i find that really annoying as. Well walk with. Purpose get and.
Speaker 8: It's dangerous because there's a lot of different lights even if you've got the right of. Way walk with purpose and do the right. Thing in other, words their little toddlers that are toddling, Along grab your kid's hand and walk across.
Speaker 1: Right and here's the other. Thing the underwriting rider on this list don't be a. Dick you said, it not, Me, well let me, say Because i'm going to get to get THE t shirt. Done one double three.
Speaker 8: Six it's a couple of other things as.
Speaker 1: Well on my list there is what are the other ones you? Had So i'm backing in reverse?
Speaker 8: Parking, yes well it's it's. That, Yes people who can't reverse park into a spot either on the left or the right hand, side so that they don't know the angle the width of their, car so they're out of kilter with the rest of the line of park. Cars people that leave their wheels turned out rather than having the wheels. Straight you know what is that body because it makes it not only does it look, untidy cause you can get that as, well but also the other thing is as. Well people not parking within the lines of their car, bay the lines of their car, bay so they're one little millimeter over which takes away another parking. Spot and of course the age old one as. Well very sentimental to, me the acrod parking. Bays don't park there unless you've actually got a, permit and do not leave your shopping trolleys, anywhere go and wheel them back to where they don't. Need we don't need to wheel.
Speaker 1: Them back to around the suburbs and back to where in.
Speaker 8: A designated shopping center car park they.
Speaker 1: Go if that happened In, singapore well there you. Go one double three six nine three The east. Scooters thank, goodness they're on the way out.
Speaker 8: There oh, yeah but there's another. THING i, mean line. Bikes we had to think someone left one in the road that we live, in and we've got some vision impaired people that live in the. STREET i, mean you can't just move. It it's a real lack of respect for your fellow human.
Speaker 1: Being things that you would. Ban one double three six nine. Three we're on a bit of a.
Speaker 15: Role we're on a.
Speaker 1: ROLL i Wish carelly was on air more often turning maca maybe you get us three regular. Spot, well this is a regular. Spot it, is it is for. Now we love doing, it and we do love. IT i THINK i Heard helen Say i'm accused refused to. Leave, WELL i won't repeat. That the idea, IS i don't know to your, Question, jimmy thank, You david In, Israel good, Morning.
Speaker 16: Tony and Superstar, caraally how are you to welcome back a hot feeling well.
Speaker 1: A lot Better david than.
Speaker 8: Is good, Morning, David.
Speaker 16: Good, morning and happy birthday To.
Speaker 1: Jay, yes he had a big birthday, Yesterday wednesday.
Speaker 17: Birthday, yeah here's still, Yesterday here's still that's the. One, Yes, YEAH i would ban people from park over two spots AND i would find them instead of finding people drive at thirty one or forty one and a thirdy or Forty, yes which is just.
Speaker 8: Ridiculous well Said well Said, david that that is. Perfect.
Speaker 16: YEAH i wanted to Ask tony. Something let's just give him a bit of a. Tickle he said to, You caroly, said your president.
Speaker 8: Has OH i, know don't. WORRY i gave him a kick under the. Table, no he's VERY i know he's he's just been a little niggly. Think as we say many. Times i've Known tony for nearly twenty, years so we.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of.
Speaker 8: Banter we're from that generation where don't take offense at the. Thing but, no you got to kick under the.
Speaker 7: Table, no.
Speaker 16: CHOOSY i, MEAN i don't get political on the, show BUT i was a supporter of. Trumpet the man is really disappointed in the.
Speaker 8: Way Things there are something that he could have that he could have handled a lot.
Speaker 7: Better.
Speaker 16: Yeah do you think he's a bit of an Alleged, boris Alleged, johnson alleged, baboon or do you think he really is? SMART i think.
Speaker 8: He's he's lived his life. Here he's a deal. Maker he likes the thrill of the. Chase he likes making a.
Speaker 1: Deal he keeps telling, everybody yeah and, well but he.
Speaker 8: Gets results in some. Areas perhaps the way that he gets results is different to how a lot of people would do. It but he shakes things, up AND i guess he's somebody and it could be the. Same he's run his own business for, well he's seventy eight, now so he's been in business for what sixty years or. Something AND i guess when you.
Speaker 1: Get not without blemishit, no not without, no no.
Speaker 8: No but What i'm saying is not without. Blemish but when you're when you're when you're running your own, empire you're in, charge you you. KNOW i, mean let's think of the late carry. Packer you, know, Everyone i've never met the, fellow but we hear the legendary stories of how he. Is we remember when he With doug, mulray when he pulled the station to black and he didn't like What doug mulray was, saying et. CETERA i guess they're they're they're of a personality and an ilk where perhaps practices that they've engaged in in the last few decades are not acceptable in twenty twenty. Five but at the end of the, DAY i THINK i think his heart is in the right. Place he does believe Make america great. Again he is wanting to do. That he's turned the world upside. DOWN i don't think he's an. IDIOT i think he's. THERE i think he has good intentions in many men any.
Speaker 1: Areas so did so did another great leader in the, Thirties, david as you well, know who took on some of the very similar concepts and it didn't end. Well who are you referring, To, well what happened in the thirties coming out Of. GERMANY i Mean.
Speaker 16: Churchill took on the consequences and he saved the.
Speaker 18: World i'm not.
Speaker 7: Sure what you.
Speaker 1: Mean, well, well, well it's probably not the time to go into, it because we haven't got time to do it, Now. David except to, say some of the things that The United states Of america Under President trump have employed there are similarities to what the then leader In germany tribed with a great, speaker wonderful, charisma and then said it's all going pretty. Well now let's go and Raid poland didn't work out well for the, world.
Speaker 16: Should SAY i should find that and grinding him up and doing him a second. Time you can't even. Appear you can't even go, There, tony you cannot go.
Speaker 9: There come, ON.
Speaker 8: I, think getting getting back on. TRACK i think what it is, though and so easily we do. Forget but we look At, biden we look at what's going on, Now we look at the stuff that was AND i have relatives In, america the stuff that was hidden from them for quite a you, know for quite a few years as. Well and we look and we do see that some of the decisions and things That biden, did some of the stuff just just, appalling just ridiculous as. Well there's always blame on both, sides and, well, look he was elected by The american. People he wants to Put america, first and we just have to see what will end up happening the.
Speaker 1: Territory where in history has that heightened sense of nationalism Put america first been? SUCCESSFUL i think what it is one.
Speaker 8: Case, No i'm NOT i think, no BUT i think it's For. America first, again it's wanting to get the deal For america because don't, Forget america always was called on by people What trump is a. Nation, Yes but What trump has been saying is that for perhaps too, long countries have, thought, Oh america will sweep and help us militarily or whatever it might. Be he's wanting countries in inverted commas to pay their, dues contribute. More we know what he said ABOUT. Nato HE'S i, mean he's Urged australia to raise OUR gdp for defense spending to five, percent not you, know three. Percent and he's saying there's stuff going on in our in Our Indo pacific region with near neighbors and perhaps the things that everything that His Defense Secretary Pete hegseth said at a defense someone In, Singapore asby said about a couple of years ago To, albanesi to the federal. Government they dismissed, that but now they're realizing that perhaps it was it was the right. THING i, mean there are many sort of issues as, well and With tariff's, look the one thing is country have been able to strike deals With america to get you, know to be able to get their. Things and he's after the deal as. Well and AS i, Said i'm not a fan of our Ambassador Kevin. Rudd there's far too much history, there you, know to go. Into but we should be able to get a. Deal AND i think the common sense has to. Approach trump is not. Silly he knows that we're an, ally he knows that we're part Of. Orcas he's not. Silly but it's up to us to try and get that. Exemption but when you've got an ambassador that didn't scrub his social media and called The president of The United states a village idiot and a traded to the, west how are you going to feel dealing with someone?
Speaker 19: There?
Speaker 8: RIGHT i, mean that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Stuff so When President trump's does so called executive orders and then some of the major courts around the country, said, Well, president you can't do.
Speaker 8: That so he's going to learn that, way isn't? He but The american people that they voted for.
Speaker 1: This called a thing called The. Constitution it's a piece of paper called The. Constitution surely that's got to be the priority and seems to be the priority for Most, americans apart from those that seem to be Following.
Speaker 8: Trump we're Not american.
Speaker 1: One double three six'. Nine three you'll call straight. After this It is. Australia overnight we, Love It. Caroli Katsambanas i'm tony. Mckod morning one of the THINGS that i, Often, say caroline is it's not me. Saying it many other people say that often we don't learn. From, history well no, we don't and AND that i find that. A little i get anxious.
Speaker 8: About that but then if everyone is canceling things, and monuments so, you know statues are being pulled down, on this there's no visual reminder. You see, that's that, you know that's the argument when we see you no statues of cook or whatever. Pulled down we should learn, From history we should learn, from history but we don't.
Speaker 20: Do it we.
Speaker 1: Don't always and so there are parts of the world now that are reminiscent of a horrible part of world history in terms of add, it dudes in terms of claims that are reminiscent of nearly one.
Speaker 8: Hundred Year so i've been talking to, my kids, you know in, THE morning i do various drop offs to various sport things. And things i've been talking to Them, About, russia UKRAINE the ussr And The, berlin wall and sadly they don't they're not that age yet where they may or may not get.
Speaker 1: Taught that it can't.
Speaker 8: Always have but it was pivotal stuff because we were, you know you live. Through history there are moments, as well and, you're right and it's. The Thing and, i've, said well You know putin was FROM, The kgb he's of. That era they never he never stopped believing in the empire and it broke up, with communism, et cetera. Et cetera and, they've gone oh and then of course they've googled and they've gone and done their, own stuff because of course we know that curriculums. Are full but as, you say it goes back to that fall of fall.
Speaker 1: Of communism let's have a look At roman Is.
Speaker 9: In.
Speaker 1: ADELAIDE na i know you're going to talk about your experience as part of. A jury roman that promised me you won't mention, NEED detail.
Speaker 18: I won't measure. In detail but some the crown didn't. Come mine cowardly crown didn't present a good case and the, guilty party the accused party was found. Not, guilty yeah and so it was really interesting and fascinating experience.
Speaker 21: To be On a.
Speaker 1: Ghen was that the first time you'd? Done?
Speaker 18: It, ABSOLUTELY yes i had been asked a couple of, years BEFORE but i was pretty busy at work at the TIME when I, begged god, BUT no i was happy to do it and in a stupid way and sort of. Enjoy it it is a really interesting and enlightening experience to see how.
Speaker 1: It works and it's far.
Speaker 18: From personally they come up with the times on the clown side that they don't prove or or on the or on the qu side that they.
Speaker 1: Can't, sustain yeah and so it's it's not a, perfect system but it's the system that we had. Exactly right good on your rom and thank You in adelaide. As. Well, James, Hello, Yes.
Speaker 22: Carolyn. James yeah did you actually sit there any Cases In west australia On.
Speaker 7: JURIS no i.
Speaker 8: DIDN'T know i got selected for, jury selection but on the DAY that i had to present to court there was actually a lockdown that was called and so it. Didn't happen and then that was in twenty twenty and then that was postponed for six MONTHS, during covid and then in twenty twenty one it came up AGAIN and i went back to the and there was another lockdown, as well and it was just one. Of those and then by, the time, you know borders didn't open for another couple. Of years you just get lost in the system and they do all that and it won't come. Up again and it was one of. Those things, BUT hey i got the letter TO so i, Was selected so there. YOU go i would have, liked IT but i DON'T think i would have been put.
Speaker 10: On one?
Speaker 22: Did you did you have the, same thing the, lawyer's objection AND that i gave you no reason as to why they object you sitting on.
Speaker 7: Their, cane, no.
Speaker 8: No no SO when i got to the court there was actually a lockdown called and everyone had just had to. Go home it was a lockdown that was Called by martin McGowan at. The TIME but i know what, you, mean, no NO and i wouldn't have. BEEN challenged i would imagine THAT if i had, got there given the ROLE that i had as an executive producer of the morning's, PROGRAM there i wouldn't have been selected at the end because working, in media BEING there i was doing no, you know well that's. MY discretion i would have disclosed it all, as well.
Speaker 1: But you just.
Speaker 8: Never know absolutely COULD still i, may selected BUT whether i got to actually sit on. The troll but. IT'S interesting i also find it interesting that on, a jury, you know when you've got twelve men and women, doing it just the. Differing, opinions james would you do?
Speaker 1: It, Again.
Speaker 22: Yes i'd love to, do.
Speaker 7: It mate.
Speaker 22: Oh You know i'd have to sit through a murder trial put it. That way that'd be.
Speaker 7: TO make.
Speaker 22: I can't see them calling me up Marg that there's, been many, many YEARS so i don't know how they sloke me the first time but sloke me again.
Speaker 1: My name i'm not too sure how the selection works in, various states would be a difference. Between States, wou james thank you. For that we've got to do. Another one we'll come back. Very surely your calls come and. Join us one, double three six Nine Three caroline Katz. And varnas it's a. Great hour it goes way. Too quickly. More time could we plan if not, this year although we've still got a bit of. The year could we plan maybe to extend it with your with, your schedule occasionally a. Little, longer, Okay yeah i'd love to stay just a little.
Speaker 8: Bit longer have a lovely week and a lovely.
Speaker 23: Day.
Speaker 8: Ahead everyone i'm lovely to see.
Speaker 1: Your teeth great big. You're back tell you that loud. Go, magpies yes, Go pies no, go demon just make. Go pies, Thank you keral combat To the Kats and barnas is leaving the Building.
Speaker 3: Is australia Overnight with. Tiny, McManus yeah wherever, you are Right.
Speaker 1: Across australia six pr in per three aw Here, in Melbourne The Ace radio networking, of course the great people at FIVE double A. In adelaide nice to have you. On board you can jump. On board we've flung open. The lines caroly's done, a runner. Thank You caro lee one double three six. Nine three if sending, a text you can do that. As well we. Love them the text line is zero four double seven six nine three six, nine three so it's zero four double seven six nine three six. NINE three i did read all the texts because sometimes we get they go into. Melt down it's not easy to who read them all out, on air so you'll have, to forgive but keep sending him through and we'll pick the very Best, OF obviously i don't, count That. Says, Maggie maggie i'm not too sure what. That, means tony you are, great together that is You. And carole. Thank you albanezi thinks he is a Friend. Of china they are playing him for. A, Fool bruno you'll need to explain more. About that why do you take, That view, David, writes david, Thank you Tony. And, carole tony you can't Even compare trump one iota to the Madman from europe That Is. ADOLF hitler i didn't say that was. A comparison there Were some there are some moments, of similarity is probably the best way of. Putting it you, go, on say EVEN though i can't stand maclall and other, WOKE leaders i would never compare Them. To hitler may his name, Be obliterated well it, should, Be however you go, On then david To say hamas AND his bolla and other terror Groups in africa and the world could be compared. To Him most, western leaders in their, own way only one good for. Their, Countries yes pewton is probably exception to. The rule fair bit at stake. THERE too i would Have thought caroly had some interesting points to make him maybe think. About things thank you, for That. Doctor john. Good morning those who cannot remember the past are condemned to. Repeat It george Santayana. FROM julie i would ban the incorrect use of over the words. AS well i would ban incorrect use and overuse of the words like. As well not too sure that QUITE means i see, Tds astraight victoria is alive. And well and you're mentioning a hitler makes you. A, fool tony just bloody stupid bag your head goose goose at. The, bay oh, Thank. You tony caroly should replace you when you're, On, holidays graham. Thank you trump's executive orders do. Worry me as says another one here ending in five, ZERO seven i mean, to say a, regular Show. Thanks Caroly, Excellent chris, Good, morning.
Speaker 24: Chris producer even after thirty three years have been a reglon.
Speaker 25: W years i have.
Speaker 24: To REMEMBER while i can do so well ON, two dB they have a. Different way they.
Speaker 1: Approached, it, well well you're more, Than welcome you're more than welcome to talk. To them as often as, You, like chris and you can come on this program as often as. You like we're very, Different, programs chris.
Speaker 24: But title to a.
Speaker 20: Different way that's, Exactly.
Speaker 1: RIGHT chris i do you absolutely spot on?
Speaker 24: About, that well here, you, ARE please i just make it ON atacle tdb you can talk.
Speaker 1: About it so we might have to delete that because we don't want to go into those vile, swear words which is probably where it. Was, going chris there's no need. For that you've been a great contributor to this program for many, a year and in my view that. Doesn't Change but i'm not particularly interested in talking about what other radio stations around the country, are doing because you choose to ring pretty much each and every one. Of them if you would like to have a, sensible conversation feel free to join in one double three six. Nine three. Very Shortly, adam papalia sports broadcaster Wonderful With, fox footy does great Work With fox footy and is OUR six pr. Sports director we'll talk to the great man on the other side of this coming up the, Next Hour Steve. Grumpy collins there's a. Famous name we're going to. TALK travel i think we're Going, to someway rather interesting and a Place that i'm not. Familiar with he's going to spend more time In The South. Pacific islands we'll do That With Steve grumpy collins coming up for the. Next hour it's a massive round of footy as. We know it started last night With the doggies Getting, UP no i beg your Pardon was hawks getting up Over the doggies in the end by twenty. Two POINTS so i thought it was a fair bit to talk about across this fantastic weekend. Of footy what an opportunity to talk to The Great Adam papalie, and now for those that may not know across, Our network adam papalia is sports director AT Six pr perth is also a highly regarded wonderful Commentator On Fox. Footy paps hello and, Good morning hello, Team mat good morning. To you did you look at that game? Last?
Speaker 14: Night, Yeah absolutely we were doing that once FOR six pr and, it, was yeah a good fight back From the hawks who had had a couple of down weeks or be it to give some of the better teams in the COMP but i think it was more about the way they went about IT that i think would have pleased their fans a, bit more a lot, more tackles a lot, more pressure a lot, more intensity and they got.
Speaker 1: It Done damian tardio on the program. Yesterday morning on this program he went. FOR doggies, I said, i reckon hawks are going to. Do this, he, said, Nah ANYWAY so i can't wait for him to wander in here later. This morning it was really good for those that. Don't know you're a, very capable wonderful part of the younger set Broadcasters. Around australia as SOON as i spoke to people And Said adam papali is going to come on this program and have a bit of chat about, footy nationally, people, said oh he's Fantastic On. Fox footing.
Speaker 14: Well that's, very kind, Thank.
Speaker 1: You TONY and i think the difference is you really seem to be enjoying what. You do it's not as if you've only been doing for, twelve months by, the way but you've moved into that and it seems almost effortless in many. Many ways. It's not it seems, that way and that's the sign of. GREAT work, i reckon, THANKS mate i.
Speaker 14: Appreciate, that, yeah no we certainly prefervor to work into each and, every week, but no we enjoy. DOING it i travel quite as much as a two in terms of getting around the country and seeing a few of the other teams all the. Other venues but we do pretty much every week over Here in perth at the Ground for fox and then call a few of the other games FOR six pr. As well, and, YEAH mate i love it of doing sort of three or four games a weekend at the moment and right across everything and bring on, MORE footy, i reckon can you believe halfway through the season.
Speaker 1: That's just quickly? At them it's? Flying quickly what's? That?
Speaker 14: About pass it does every year and then we hit the buy rounds and everyone complains for a couple of weeks that it's going, slow now and you know there's not enough games being played and the buy round should be over quicker than they are rather than. Spread across but once you get through the, BUY rounds, i reckon that lasts six to. Eight weeks that is when it, absolutely flies and then all of a sudden you're at the finals and then it ramps up for A, big september.
Speaker 1: A big september looking forward to THAT can i talk to you? Without notice it's been fascinating. To watch no doubt you would have been doing a lot of talk on this in the, program anyway with the young corns and. The, UMPIRES now i have a bit of a special place for umpires because, without umpires we don't have, A game so the respect that they deserve should always. Be there not everybody necessarily sees it in that light.
Speaker 14: At, THEM yeah i can't really comment on that specific thing too Much because i'm not sort of across it. As much it WAS more i think a lot of going gone that week about the incident that happened and the miscommunication that happened at a few, different levels and then where the blame was placed. Around that, But yeah i'm probably one of the ones and people get frustrated with the umpires a. Fair BIT but i sort of Deliberately what i'm calling, the footage NOT because i don't think, they're important but sort of don't sort of mention the umpires by name too much as a, deliberate THING because i think it's then allows people individually to sort of target thinking that umpires against us today and they deliberately didn't pay us that free kick and so on and, so FORTH which i don't think happens in. Footy year there's no umpire out there that has a bias against a particular team. Or not they're just calling it as they see it and sometimes it goes for your team and sometimes it goes against. Your Team so i'm a bit with you in that REGARD that i don't really buy into that side.
Speaker 1: Of things YOU and i could go to any football Ground around australia historically sit there and quite often part of the entertainment seemed to be having a real crack at, the umpires, you know often referred to as things as. White mongrels all those. Years ago it was a bit of a, footy pastime a great part of, the game which is no longer quite to that. DEGREE anymore i, don't think or is it where we do need these young people to be a part of, the game young people encouraged to be part of, the game which presumably would be the AFL's.
Speaker 14: Concerned young people is in the fan to coming through to. Become, umpires yeah, oh no it's, a big absolutely big concern and you want to you want to attract the best people to be able to come in and, do it and it's a bit of a, thankfulest task. Isn't it whether you're umpiring at junior footy or amateur leagues or even AT. The afl there's a lot of, scrutiny around particularly at the, top level around everything and it's a very difficult game, to umpire and, FOR me i think that the hardest thing is the interpretation of the rules mostly is what contributes to a lot of the frustration from fans as to whether it is a free kick or it isn't a. Free kick it just depends sometimes which side you're barracking for as to whether you think it should be a free kick. Or not it's part of why we, love it but it's also.
Speaker 7: The source of.
Speaker 14: Frustration too, but no we need to give the umpires as much support as we can because they, without them we don't have.
Speaker 1: A game tell us About The West, coast eagles you're part of the world Up Against. North melbourne what's incredible? ABOUT this? I think tell Me if i'm wrong. About this is the first game to be Played in Bumbrey in west To the stradia coming Up, On sunday that, is.
Speaker 14: Correct the first Game for premiership points to be played at, that Ground hands Over. In bumbary it is called which sounds a strange name for a, footy GROUND but I think i've been trying to. Find out i'm pretty sure it's named after the first Mayor of bumbery way back in the day or something, like that, but yes it hands Over. In bumbury so this is Part Of north melbourne who have sold a couple of their home games To The west australian teams to get some cash in the bank basically and to try and forage for some new supporters and new members on this side of, the COUNTRY which i think there's quite a Fair Few north melbourne fans, out west as, You, know tony just BECAUSE of i think the amount of sort OF star wa players that went across to Play For north melbourne at certain times just before the formation OF, the afl so there's always been a bit of a strong link there and quite a few people that have Followed the Kangaroos In. North melbourne, but yeah the first game coming Up In bumbrey, onday afternoon it's going to be really. GREAT occasion i grew up just down the road, from there about thirty minutes further South from bumbury in a Town, called bustledon which people might know From The long jetty if they've ever seen IT on. Tv before but it's great for, the region that southwest area all the way Down To margaret River and dunsboro. And beyond everyone's really pumped up for, the game and the ground only holds, fifteen thousand but it's sold out extremely quickly and it's difficult ticket. To get they're putting in all these temporary grand stands around to lift, the capacity which when there's nothing, ELSE there i think the capacity is only at about four or. Five thousand but with the temporary grandstands that they're going to put in and the amount of work and redevelopment they've done at, that ground they're going to HOLD an afl. Game there, so yeah it's going to be Brilliant. On Sunday the kangaroos now with you can get direct Flights from melbourne Straight into bustleton which is Right Near, margaret RIVER as, i said and so they don't need to Fly to perth and then drive to two hours down To bump they can fly Straight into bustleton and then it's only a twenty minute bus ride Up to bumbrey to play, the game and they based themselves in wa for the week and Then play freemattle of the stadium As A north melbourne home game the.
Speaker 7: Week after the.
Speaker 1: Week after for, That one i'm sort of a little out of, THE loop i guess from a distance. These days BUT given i bet it's, been INTENSE and i know historically it's in the tents of the media because you guys Covered The west australian Covers at channel Seven in perth would. Cover it Where the eagles are sitting in, the competition it would be unsatisfactory.
Speaker 14: To, many yeah it, has been particularly over the last or three four, years really particularly when they've really been uncompetitive. In games they've actually had a pretty good sort of six week stretch where they've been playing a little bit better footing and a lot more competitive and showing some more positive signs sort of after. Gather around they had a couple of poor performances, through there and you sort, of thing, you, know wow here we. Go again where when's it going to Turn For west coast and when are they going to get back to being, you know the type of club that has been the mby of a lot right through the competition for a fair period of, their existence but they, seem still, you know a fair way. Off it they took it Up to geelong last week for three quarters three and a half quarters, or so but there are a chance of certainly being very Competitive against north and trying to get the four points on. The Weekend the kangaroos have been trying to do, the same but at Least With, west coast we're starting to see them actually compete in games for a little bit longer and a few less of those big blowouts that we've particularly seen over the last couple.
Speaker 1: Of years doccors are having a bit of.
Speaker 26: A season they are a, roller coaster you could call it that they've had some bad losses on the, way through but they've won their last three and the things are looking Up for freo right now when you look at their run into the. Back half i'd sort of always been pretty confident on them pre season that they were going to be one of those sides contending for a spot in the finals and if everything, went right maybe a spot in the top four because they've kind of, their list they've got.
Speaker 14: All the pieces of the puzzle that they kind. Of need but they're still a very very young team when you look at their team on paper for both age and experience. As well but for the last, three weeks after a couple of bad losses when they Lost to Some and kilda And, then collingwood last three weeks they've gone away to Beat the giants over At The, Giants stadium They've beat port at home and. Then away they Beat the suns Up At metre con in the wet last week and it's really just put them right back right on the very edge of, the eight but with a really good run. To come so With That north melbourne, away game which will be a home game for them next week coming off, the buy they've got three of the next four. At home then they've got seven of their last Eleven In western australia, as well which for sides over this side of the country is such a big boost, for them just because they don't have to jump on a plane. As much it can make a really big difference in the. Run home so they from this point they would certainly be expecting to, play finals so they'll be trying to keep a bit of a lid on it after some pretty big preseason expectations.
Speaker 1: Big game here, of course as, You, know monday, it's Amazing, the Kings The king's, birthday holiday it's going to. Be Fantastic The. MIGHTY d's i don't know much about. Those ds how do you think it, Will? GO adam.
Speaker 14: I thought they would win last week and they didn't.
Speaker 6: Do that.
Speaker 14: Just when you thought that they're getting their season back, on track.
Speaker 7: It doesn't quite.
Speaker 14: Work out it's going to be tough. FOR them I think tony given there Up against colin would have been in ripping. Form LATELY so, i, think Yeah the pie's, big crowd, good occasion as it always is On The king's birthday as it. IS now I Think colin wood'll be a little bit, too Strong but melbourne will be able to mix it with him for.
Speaker 1: A while i hope. You're right did you have one on the Outcome of australia in the footy? Last, night.
Speaker 14: Yes. Certainly did The soccer rus you're talking about Up. Against japan it. Was incredible it was ALMOST six i think fifty seven thousand off, the stadium which is a, terrific crowd the highest for a game of football like that for The soccer Us in wa and it was from all reports because we were DOING the afl at the same time and sort of keeping an eye. On it from, all reports it was a pretty, dull affair pretty difficult affair, to watch and The soccer us were certain outplayed at times and not really playing with much attacking flare for most of. The game and the possession STATS for i think sort of sixty nine thirty one something like.
Speaker 1: That in Favor.
Speaker 14: Of japan but that's it doesn't matter because as long as you're in front when it comes to the, final whistle that's all. It is so a gold was. HIS bait i think it was his first goal in thirteen years for The soccer us and it puts us right on the very brink of qualification For The. World cup but it'd have to be an absolute disaster from here for us not to, automatically qualify so that could happen with other results going before you even have to kick. Another ball but a.
Speaker 1: Great result Text from jason, Who, says adam would you rather call for footy or call? For radio what are? The distinctions CALL for tv or FOR radio?
Speaker 14: Tv, radio yeah to, BE honest i really don't have a preference. FOR either i enjoy doing both very, different skill even though it doesn't seem like it, TOO much, I guess, BUT yeah i enjoy trying to craft passage of play when you can watch it along. As well but then you can be more descriptive on. Radio TWO so i can't give you an answer on WHICH one, i PREFER because i just. Enjoy both it's kind of Whichever one. I'm doing you can be a little bit a little bit looser ON radio i reckon and have a little bit more fun.
Speaker 1: With you that's. Probably true so that's that's. Quite fun lots of text what you've, been TALKING and i, love this lots of people saying on many levels the Miror of bumbray from twenty eight through to. Thirty three.
Speaker 14: I'm putting my hand up. For that I'm actually i'm actually going for president of The third Team In, western AUSTRALIA which I think i'll be heading down that way to take up that position once it gets introduced for the.
Speaker 1: TWENTIETH license i think that person was the Mayor of bumbrey the YEAR hand i think is the comment that may be from twenty eight three to.
Speaker 7: Thirty, THREE yeah i know what you're.
Speaker 14: Talking about i'm just Saying that i'm putting my.
Speaker 1: Hand, up oh good. On you this is, that one, he Says Ja He Hands memorial park. Down there it's CALLED.
Speaker 9: THE.
Speaker 1: J E Hands. Memorial path.
Speaker 14: It is but we just we just the locals down. That way we just call it. Hands over oh.
Speaker 1: There, you go hands over for. The locals it's always good to talk, To You.
Speaker 14: Adam Papale, thanks tony good to chat, to, you mate.
Speaker 1: Good work good on You By ADAM papale a six P in perth and From Fox footy. Water morning it is a. Straighter overnight hello. To you, all right let's have a bit of fun for the year. Next half i'm not going to read any of these really quite. Nasty texts and, you know it's just it saddens Me that oprah always used. To say she would say things like people will eventually show you who they. Really are and if you could sit here the other side of this screen and read some of the, really dreadful nasty things by way of text that, people say is just mind. Bendingly horrid we, See.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 1: Jackson the other side of the glass, sees it and it will be. Reported accordingly but, it's nasty, it's threatening and you should stop for your own, well being not, for mine not. For ours but you clearly there are some issues and you need to have. Them addressed and you know who. YOU are a telephone number one double three six nine three should you choose to come and have. A PLAY what i was going to Say Is steve collins will be here. Very sure we're going to talk about Travel In South, pacific islands in particular for those that are familiar with, those islands you might want to jump on board and talk. About them the OTHER thing i did want to mention is some of these other great texts. As well so some of them, are horrid ninety five percent of them are. Just gorgeous well said about, The programs Tony mac we're lucky to have the THREE at. W programs we certainly. Enjoy yours very kind of you to say thank You from julie who says read the as. Well comment just to clarify, my text as some presenters on air AND on tv over you some words like, as well not as those words should. Be used it doesn't. Make sense they also use it the end of a sentence without making any sense. At all it happens all. THE time i said to the. Newsroom yesterday how many times do we have to have, a person usually a person with, great authority who, then says it happened at five am in. THE morning i know that was my Reaction, to jackson and we hear it all, the TIME and i, just think as a great, news presenter we need TO be.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 1: DON'T know i think we need to be more responsible for those. Little nuances it either happened at five am or it happened at five o'clock in. The morning five am in the morning seems to be a bit of, an overkill and it happens often with people who are using, not broadcasters by, the way people who are doing a clip in, The NEWS and, i think why do we even let? That Go? To, weir however maybe maybe facts, just me, excuse me the voice. Is going The Great levi stubbs Real Name levi stubbles was Born, In detroit michigan on, this day nineteen. Thirty six saturday was seventy two when. He died but when you think about the amazing body of WORK the us lead singer With The four tops gave us many hits Including, Reach out i'll Be THERE if i were A, carpenter bernadette just to name, a few and This Classic The four tops.
Speaker 4: Leven, YOUR boss i haf here another day other than my a long hold Time because I'm, so lord.
Speaker 1: Have, on love have all.
Speaker 4: Something sign.
Speaker 5: Or many.
Speaker 22: Then we had really.
Speaker 4: If it Means, having nike because, LEAVE me i have no news and see you day alone.
Speaker 9: To.
Speaker 5: Have all.
Speaker 4: I'm all, gone up.
Speaker 16: Have a.
Speaker 4: If the nights now call your Maid WILL sometimes i Wonder will i've ever been? The same.
Speaker 10: Oh you.
Speaker 4: When you're, seeing smiling.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 5: THINGS and i got burst in a smile like see.
Speaker 4: Has all in her. DOLL it i can like this hampt in this, ONE man i knew this all in this side all it makes me feel had a mouth my day. Going up.
Speaker 1: It's been done by a lot of people over, the years but that's. THE best i Reckonly by SHUBs would have been having a birthday today in nineteen thirty six seventy two when he passed away out front Of The four tops, one, double three. Six nine lots of Text and i'll get to them in just. A moment lots. Of emails so one of the stories just coming through in the last forty five minutes has to do With A. Supreme court ruling Of The supreme Court backs catholic charities push to object to state taxes on quote, religious grounds With A supreme Court on thursday cleared away For a catholic charities Chapter in wisconsin to secure an exemption from certain state taxes in a decision that could expand the type of religious Entities in title to tax breaks Under The first amendments protections. For religion so this, turns out ACCORDING, to cnn was the latest in a series of decisions From The supreme court in recent years that have sided with religious groups on everything from public funding for secretarian schools to allowing coaches to offer private prayers on the field after high school. Football games fundamental to our constitutional order that the government maintained neutrality between religion. And religion, interesting line neutrality between religion. And religion Just As sonya stomamayer wrote for a, unanimous court there may be hard calls to make in policing, that rule but this is. Not one when the government distinguishes among religions based on theological differentferences in the provision, of services it imposes a denominational preference that must satisfy the highest level of. Judicial security fantastic time to be Alive, in america. Isn't it we will do this and when we come back your calls come and. Join, Us kenny you've got it all to yourself at. This stage it's astraighta. Reven, art yeah wherever you are Right. Across australia nice to know that you. Are there, you're happy, you're safe, you're well that's the. Important thing if you would like to join, the show we'd love you heavy on board one double three six. Nine three here's, a question and only because it came up as part of a CONVERSATION and i wizarded around the room yesterday and got quite a. Interesting reaction and here's the question. For you we need some calls.
Speaker 9: On THIS.
Speaker 1: If i said, to you who is it the push the button? Pushing cowboy who was the button? Pushing cowboy and what was he being asked not? To, do now those of you that love song lyrics may or may not recognize that the button, pushing cowboy who?
Speaker 9: Was it.
Speaker 1: And what is it would that he was being asked not? To do it's a little. Trivia question if you're at a trivia night and you were asked that what would, you say who sang about the button? Pushing cowboy might even be a, better question who sang about the button? Pushing cowboy and what is it he was being asked not to do one double three six. Nine three you can text, as well have a bit of fun. With it zero four double seven six nine three six. Nine Three, Craig south, July morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning how's?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 1: Going well thank you For. Asking craig oh, You boys i'm, gonna, Say, sorry craig say that one, more time say one.
Speaker 9: More time it's great to.
Speaker 1: Hear, you well that's very kind.
Speaker 9: Of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you not at the moment it's not sounding a, bit throaty sounding a. Bit, strained.
Speaker 9: Yeah well you have to probably in five ninety five a minute on a one ad.
Speaker 1: Anger number, Thank you, thank you, very, good excellent remember? Those? Days cool, So, youah craig, call me call, me now what if we made money out? Of that appreciably? They?
Speaker 14: Did.
Speaker 1: Cool. Cool now My name's Rita.
Speaker 9: As i'm calling from the Northeast of china at. The moment, but well good.
Speaker 1: On you what are you doing in that part of the world at, the moment still doing?
Speaker 9: Some, teaching, yes yeah it's it's, just, awesome brilliant a great.
Speaker 1: Time as the as the winner as, We speak craig.
Speaker 9: Very, warm warm and a little bit chop too achievement for My lucky it's not too bad The, WARM yeah i was just RINGING because. I apologize i sort of started listing a. Bit later but there was a guy earlier talking about being the advocate for A Third west australian team IN the afl when they expand to a twenty. Teen Compa and i've always thought that if there was going to be another turn in the Camp, after taddy it has to be. Normal Territory the i'm just the amount of talent that that part of the stadium is extraordinary and it needs to be needs to be exposed onto the. NATIONAL stage, i.
Speaker 1: THINK yeah i think you're right. About THAT and i don't know whether you've spent any time in that, northern territory but when you get out into the communities and you watch some of these kids as young as seven eight, nineteen eleven both boys and. Young girls by, the way they're extraordinarily gifted and they love.
Speaker 9: THE game, i know could, you imagine, you know it's the dream time game in indigen round. BETWEEN hrishment i would love to have a team From Say terry island's come down and playoffs kick at half time to give them. An experience it may have may, Have happened i'm not SURE that i think done that in.
Speaker 1: The past.
Speaker 9: Use you can imagine this From a melbourne primary School playing it's kids seaweeds and they just looking at what the hell going?
Speaker 20: On?
Speaker 9: HERE yeah i can imagine that a game because you talk about seven nine, YEAR olds i reckon, the most the biggest noise that you would hear in a game like that would. Be laughing they just seem to have so much fun and enjoy the game. So MUCH but i, think that, YOU know, I mean i think a team from up there would just bring that to the. National STAGE and i think it would be awesome for a team to be IN the afl from.
Speaker 1: Up, THERE yeah i agree, With. YOU craig i think and it will happen at. SOME point i don't think it's going to happen in the next, few years but you would imagine down. The track it's got to. Be TARGETED what i do know that there's a very well known school Here in melbourne that for many many years has taken students up to play football and participate in community life at Places like Jarringen, and lombardina, you know two and a half hours up the other Side of broom IN the, i mean it's just an extraordinary thing where, they, live work, play football do all that sort of thing on a. Regular basis it is life changing, for everybody.
Speaker 9: It. WOULD be I mean i've been Up to darwin and went over to the seaweeds. And stuff i've only gone there once in, my life, and yes. It is you could absolutely understand it be. Life, changing yeah it's just an extraordinary experience.
Speaker 1: For those that. Don't, know craig You're, in china you do a regular visit. Over there how long would you be there? This time.
Speaker 9: I'll be here a Weeks and i've got one week to Go before i've come.
Speaker 1: Back home and you Are. Teaching, english, no, No no i'm.
Speaker 9: Teaching to, ployment business but Teaching. In english any students at a level yeah.
Speaker 1: All right so they already speak A. Little english.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so yeah so they have to have a Level of english to do this qualification because It's a western qualification and it's just the most rewarding experience from a teacher's point of VIEW that i imagine it's just.
Speaker 1: Extraordinary students can you comment about how important those relationships for those students are and would become in terms of what you're offering down. The track do you get a sense that there was real hidden value in nurturing those relationships with some of those young people Out.
Speaker 27: Of?
Speaker 9: China, oh absolutely we get a lot of the sort. Of note we get quite a few of the students who finishes the plimate and want to Move to melbourne or other universities to continue. Their studies and, YOU know i remember there was, one extent a young student this event made about eight nine, years ago who was really an, excellent student and he Moved to melbourne and he got to ended up with a master's degree in p and he ended up he had a choice of. A job he was. Offer jobs there was One in sydney finance Firm in sydney and another in country years, a WHILE and i remember him asking which one? WHAT what i advised him to take the. Regional one that's where you're going to learn All. About australia and he did and he became A cf. A volunteer he was on in the community and he was absolutely loving it like it was just it was one of those moments where as a teacher, you think, oh wow this. Is, extraordinary yeah he. Embraced that, BUT yeah i absolutely believe there's a value add for for, both sides for both. You know it's, just yeah it, makes sense. It, does yeah it's it's such a. REWARDING experience i absolutely.
Speaker 1: Love, it well you're obviously doing a, Great. Job craig good. To talk keep in touch and we'll talk.
Speaker 9: Again soon so you take you take, Care mate.
Speaker 1: Thank You, but kenny just. A. Quickie hello now you? Doing? Okay kenny?
Speaker 10: Tell, you, yeah buddy.
Speaker 1: You did not off tell you.
Speaker 20: You.
Speaker 1: Buddy, yeah really she's, Really. Well kenny. I'm fantastic what, About You, oh donny how do you? Go cold i've got a very very. Bad cold feeling BETTER than i was a, week ago but not quite as Good as i'm going to feel.
Speaker 7: Next, Week well, i'm say.
Speaker 10: What do you MEAN when i think.
Speaker 1: By NEXT week i hopefully feel a little bit better with his Throat, to kenny but it's nothing too serious as people worse off. Than, men yeah a little, Sore, throat kenny a little frog in, The, throat yeah tif.
Speaker 7: My, grandpa yeah there.
Speaker 1: It is you do very, Good Impersonation, kenny, Yah, Yeah kenny i'm. Pretty good, Thank. You kenny i've got to go because we've got the news not. Far AWAY but i thank you for you and your brother for calling through and being part.
Speaker 16: Of It.
Speaker 1: Australia overnight keep the information. Coming through with regards to the QUESTION that i put, out there who was it the button? Pushing cowboy and what was he asked not? To Do steve Wright Is tony mackey referring To The Ryan stone cowboys sending cards and letters. TO people i don't Even know steve what? A song, but no that's not. The ONE but i can say at, This, stage graham you're the only one that's, nailed it and nailed. It perfectly to others not. Even close so there's the question for, your consideration a gentleman Part Of, australia overnight who is it the button? Pushing cowboy the button? Pushing cowboy and what was asked of him to?
Speaker 9: Not? Do what.
Speaker 1: If we had, a prize you would have picked, It, up graham wonderuble three six. Nine Three It's australia. Overnight morning.
Speaker 3: Now This is Australia over Eyes with.
Speaker 1: Tony McManus that was nice and just, open line cold. And chilly. Thank you i'm just reading some of the amazing texts that have. Come through it gladdens. The heart rob asked the question this is a relation of the QUESTION that i put, Out, There grumpy you'll be listening, To this you'll. LOVE it i asked the, question earlier Button, pushing cowboy the Button. Pushing cowboy he was asked to do what he was asked. To do what the Button pushing cowboy asked him not? To do what probably is the better way not? To Do what, rob says does it relate to? A? Jukebox? Hell rob is that? Your answer Lily? From berrick you are one hundred. PERCENT correct a prize to you if we had. A prize another one says a, Great show tony mack and you are correct, as well but you don't give. A name but it's a text ending in six five zero six' five zero. And thank You On, the tazzy devils the team that can still go ahead regardless of funding by using two more. Very, BASIC grounds however afl won the state of the art stadium and the roof maybe, only play seven perhaps maybe nine. Games are best you, Would have thought you're right, games per year which holds only a tw on thousand people that can eventually come, down the track but they. Need to proceed they can proceed still. On their schedule it's an interesting time Down there in tazzy for a. Range of reasons such. A beautiful state for those That, have visited tazzy they will know how. Gorgeous it is for, those that don't highly recommend you go and. Have a visit. It's, amazing place tessimania, We'll Do this, Grumpy colin again just give to get.
Speaker 28: On roll again.
Speaker 1: My my love is making music.
Speaker 27: WITH my friend i give to.
Speaker 1: Get Rolled Again steve collins traveler, his YouTube site he Simply Called That steve. Colins traveler. Grumpy Good morning well, Buddha, To.
Speaker 10: You tony and of course buller is the three gene Work for hellow and guess where we're. Going this morning we're Going To, the south pacific.
Speaker 1: Which we'll get to. In ester ticket have you spent Much? Time In, Tasmania no ah, well there goes there. GOES the segment i thought we're going to probably milk that for ten.
Speaker 10: Or fifteen minutes well you're going to ask me, Questions about it.
Speaker 1: So you're what you've Never. Been, to tasmania no.
Speaker 10: It's a bone of contention because of my wife HAS been, that I haven't and i keep putting pressure on her to for. Us to go, and so far, Because i've met i've been to a, lot of places and, because in fact she Got back from tasmania A week before. I, met.
Speaker 1: Her ah right. There you go she Got back from tasmania a week, before you met and the. Rest is history had you known.
Speaker 10: Known that she was going to prevent me From, GOING to tasmania i might not.
Speaker 18: Have married.
Speaker 1: Her that's right she may not be the Very. Famous, missus collins well.
Speaker 10: That's exactly right she might be. A lot happier. I.
Speaker 1: Don't know no you've both had a joyous life and continue to have a. Pretty joyous life THE only reason i MENTIONED is because. I threw it that little question with regards to a great line from a song happened to come up in a Feed just in LUs twenty four about a button pushing cowboy was asked not to do what and had lots of responses by way of text as to what the. Answer may be some people are, very very correct other people really really. Not even close and then and then we're talking about and then we're and, then we yeah and then We're. Talking about tasmania given everything that's been in the news about Whether At the little stadium and what, the government's doing and, it's been fascinating.
Speaker 10: They might have They might have they might be having an. Election as well.
Speaker 1: They could now be, going to, election which Yeah imagine most tasmanians wouldn't, necessarily want no.
Speaker 10: Because we've just had, a federal. ELECTION you know i think people get sick of, too many, Elections, You.
Speaker 1: Know tony i'd like to announce the date of my next elections.
Speaker 10: To, THAT effect well i haven't had an election for, a long, time you know, because oh no it Was, back in. March wasn't it we had. Our last, Election, we did.
Speaker 1: Yes we did what's happening in your part, of, the world now tell us about what do we? Need to know when we Talk About The, south pacific islands you specifically refer to.
Speaker 10: What Well the south pacific. IS actually vast i mean that there's basically two different. Parts to It, you've got melanesia which is located in.
Speaker 18: The north And.
Speaker 10: Northeast of Australia That Includes, Papua, New Guinea, Fiji solomon Islands Vanawatu. And new caledonia and Then. You've Got polynesia now polynesia stretches right across. The vast area it is huge because it forms A, Triangle Between hawaii New Zealand. And easter ireland and the Countries, There, Include, Samoa tonga french Polynesia And. The cook islands and so basically we just Call It the south pacific because all of it is Based In. The south pacific and of, course For, holidaymakers particularly australians they just love Going To. The south pacific now a lot of them will Go And do. South pacific, cruises they're, very very popular in which instance you visit a couple. Of different countries typically It's Usually, Say, New, caledonia vanawatu fiji because that sort of does about a week, ten days cruise and then others.
Speaker 1: Just like to go.
Speaker 10: And, veg out now the Thing About, the south pacific Whether it Be, milan or polynesia is you have got some. WONDERFUL islands anywhere i mean there's, hundreds of them there's. Thousands of them you've got, some beautiful beaches And both the Melanesian and the polynesian people. Are just, beautiful they're, gentle they're kind, they're happy people and why not because they live, in a very very gorgeous part.
Speaker 16: Of, the world.
Speaker 10: Yes and when, you go, there you know you're overwhelmed with kindness and it's just such a great. Place to relax and of course there's a lot of stuff you. CAN do, there i mean you can just redge out on a beautiful island somewhere and, do basically nothing or you can have a. LOT of, adventures i mean. You've got things you've got, excellent diving there whether you want to go snorting. Or scuba diving you've. Got brilliant fishing you've got some of these, islands quite rugged so you can do a little bit. Of mountain climbing there's some sensational volcanoes there if you want to go. And look, at in fact one of the, most active volcanoes most active approach for volcanoes in the World, is in vanawatu and you can get up really close and. Personal to that and so there's very much to go and see and Experience In. The south pacific and because they're. Different island groups they've, got different, customs different. Traditions et cetera and the One Thing All south pacific islanders seem to do really well is seen they're. Very musical people. They're just amazing they've got. These wonderful voices they can usually pick up a guitar or some other instrument and learn to. Play pretty quickly so it's just it's just a wonderful experience. To go, there you relax you, enjoying another culture and of course you're in one of the most beautiful parts. Of the world so it really is a wonderful place to go for, that relaxing holiday or, for that cruise or if you want a bit of adventure to go, and you know have. A unique adventure i mean some of these places you can swing with stingrays and.
Speaker 1: Things like that that's what we, want to do go and Swim with those.
Speaker 18: What are?
Speaker 1: We, doing today well why don't we, go.
Speaker 10: And yeah well Look Here in western australia people go, and, pay.
Speaker 7: Well yeah.
Speaker 1: In A Place. Called shark bay what could? Possibly go, wrong we stated because we will. Ask the listener they know way more about these things THAN you. Or i do one double three. Six nine three so those of you that have traveled. Around That, area pacific Islands which has, grumpies just outlined includes. Some incredible places Would you Include Papu and new GUINEA in.
Speaker 10: That, i wouldn't well it is Actually The largest. SOUTH pacific island i used To Live In, papua new guinea but that is an. ENTIRELY different experience i would Rate the Solomon Islands With papi new guinea, because they're. Very Very similar Although papu In guinea and solomoni Are, part of melanesia which means that they're sort of Different. To the polynesians they're. Different ethnic group But, You've got fiji You've Not, got new caledonia and You've also got vanyawati that Are, part of melanesia and it gets a. BIT more exciting i think they're because They're Certainly In. Papua new guinea it's extraordinary scenery because you've got you've got mountains there that that go up to in the old language over sixteen THOUSAND feet when, I lived there I used to i used To Live at MOUNT hagen and i would be driving the truck and we're going to be going on mountain passes over, ten thousand, feet you know and it's just. An extraordinary place it rained every day on the dot, at four pm.
Speaker 1: Just when you don't need it to raid it every day for. Plus before. O'clock it's busy what one double three. Six nine three It Is the south pacific on, you've been, there been. There done that give us a call one double three. SIX nine three a couple, Of, quick calls maggie Say How To steve grumpy collins long.
Speaker 20: Men.
Speaker 21: Rom, p, collins.
Speaker 28: Now yeah cruising, in a sense you're talking about a number of cruisers. In the past most memorable of those cruisers as far, as destinations go perhaps Would. Be the samoas back Then, It was Western Western and american samoa And then honey hour to visiting a hospital which was out Of Fin old World.
Speaker 12: War two hot.
Speaker 1: There you go there's a great piece of, The, History, there stephen.
Speaker 10: Yeah it is and It's interesting About samoa because samoa Was normally like I'm not talking I'm Talking, about western samoa Not Not. Not American samoa but samala was Right on The international date line and it was just over the other. Side of it so what they did, was, they decided well we, don't like this so they decided that they would move their time their time and put it an hour earlier so that they were the very first country in the world to start. The new, day so yeah they just sort of changed their, time as well should be the first country to get the day instead of the last country.
Speaker 1: Of, the day, Benny. Thank. You maggie ben now you spotted some. Roadworks for us so whereabouts.
Speaker 19: Can a guy?
Speaker 26: Hey?
Speaker 7: You travelin, Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you benny you know.
Speaker 19: That the tunnel the tunnel has got ray works on To see and dan have just got one guy closed down three lanes and just spray. Painting, the walls.
Speaker 1: Okay so that WAS happening as i was coming through, late last night ran, about TEN thirty and i, thought to myself THE very and.
Speaker 19: I reckon it's going to go on for a good number two, or three weeks two or three weeks with the rumor that's on the, rumor file though with?
Speaker 1: One PERSON painting can I win the?
Speaker 3: Mercedes please too good?
Speaker 1: On your, bed thank you you're. In the running. That's VERY funny can I win the? MERCEDES for good I think the breaking program have a great relationship with the good people Membership Of the berwick Mercedes at of berka and they do. A great job they've been part of the breaking program for, a long time so it's up for it was one of. THE rumor files i think, That's. Very funny angela we've just been Talking. Certainly, about tasmania angela you wanted to make A comment about TAZZY. In the, afl Look certainly do tony.
Speaker 9: A?
Speaker 1: Little bit better thank, you very.
Speaker 12: MUCH welcome back i mean we.
Speaker 8: Do.
Speaker 29: Miss you certainly look up Into football games Stone believe overall i've been the football games at your back and LONG syst and i cannot ever.
Speaker 7: See the problem why.
Speaker 29: Just the system that they have a game down every probably second week in hober. AND then money i don't know what they need this idea about.
Speaker 1: The stadium one a billion.
Speaker 29: Dollar because it's just trying to stop them. GETTING in, me, i.
Speaker 30: Think yeah not.
Speaker 1: TOO well great i feel like if.
Speaker 29: You're going to get five hundred thousand people wanted to go, to any game YOU know what i mean that as it's. JUST still thing, i just, thought you know they they're, putting you know silly team happen The cost before. Tasmin it's faulty it's consulting to people who. Love a game it's that time they looked at why they're trying to. Stop the game.
Speaker 1: It's, a very good, Very. Good point angela you obviously Love The. Great apple isle.
Speaker 29: It's ALL of whom i talk to on your why Go down to parliament in fantastic as you found out today, while they're blowcasting, because, he's suggesting look it's stupid.
Speaker 20: For for.
Speaker 29: Just a game it, can be well it's so, Precious down there it's so precious and, if, you don't.
Speaker 9: Yeah very, Very.
Speaker 1: Good point angela we've got a bit of, a Dodgy line so i'll. Let, you go unfortunately, for whatever reason the line whereever it's coming through if you But thank you. Ange for that it just goes to the affection that people have A. Grumpy for, tasmania, oh.
Speaker 10: Yes well you know it's a very popular state and. Particularly for, tourism you know it's i mean the most Compact. State in australia but, it's certainly beautiful you know's there's.
Speaker 1: Certainly a lot would you know you've. Never been there, i've.
Speaker 10: Seen photos photos she lets me look at her photos every, now and then totally have a look at my Photo.
Speaker 1: Album of tasmania oh you've. Never been there.
Speaker 10: That's exactly right THAT'S that's.
Speaker 21: What i get.
Speaker 1: So we were just traveling Through, the beautiful.
Speaker 10: Yeah We'll talk about figi because that is the most Popular Of the south pacific island is what it is For, the for australians and That's. Part of melanesia but it lies About two thousand Kilbedia's Northeast, of new zealand and it's an archipelago of more than three hundred. And thirty islands now, al it's, got you know the three, hundred thirty islands only about one hundred of them have got permanent populations and, out of that eighty seven percent of the population live on the, two biggest Islands Which are Vita Livu And. Evanua levu levu, And Of those vita levu is. The main island it's A home to suva which, is The capital and nandy, the main airport which a lot people who fly there would Have gone to nandy and it's and it's got the majority of the population Of all of. Fiji living, there of course it's quite. A big island it's one of the Biggest, Islands in figi but it's a. Really interesting place you get your. Cultural experiences there you've got your lux resorts and, your golf courses you've got. Your family resorts it's, great, for. Snortling diving surfing there's A Place, called cloud break which which is an internationally known. Top surfing spot and they've got a few other little islands that are just off the delivery where you CAN go and i mean that you just catch a, little boat there tire resorts, sort of thing and it's just. A fantastic place but one of the one of the popular things. To do there part of that Is Called the coral coast and it's sort of it's a really nice drive right down the coast on the on the southwest, of the island and there's all these great, little beaches there and there's pockets of stunning coastline and you've got a lot of family friendly. Resorts down here and this is where you probably get more of the budget, sort of resorts and you've also got. Some boutique property said that a little, bit more, expensive but look it's just sort of a very very. Laid back area great for store, we, dive in. Surfing et cetera and of course the resorts you can sit by the pool and the locals, are just. Friendly you know and this is but if you want something, Very up market fiji has got the most up market Resorts.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 10: Also French polynesia but i'm not going To Go to french polynesia tonight because it's a bit, far of, cook far, away just.
Speaker 1: GORGEOUS you know i did the cruise there all those years ago On. The old fairsta do you REMEMBER the first.
Speaker 10: I Remember the, fair, star yeahship Yes well, the FRIENDSHIP first.
Speaker 1: And i did a couple of cruises and my job was to play the. Music on board.
Speaker 7: Wasn't really that was my job?
Speaker 20: On?
Speaker 7: The ship really YOU, were the?
Speaker 10: DJ were you i was?
Speaker 1: The NIGHTCLUB presenter.
Speaker 10: Well i was they didn't CALL you a dj in those.
Speaker 1: Load, that. Expression loathed, right you know.
Speaker 10: If you were, in the sixties you would have been proud TO be in dj in. The nineteen sixties and, your, Point is well i've just pointed out that you're so much younger that you wouldn't have.
Speaker 9: Had that experience good on your.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Very much so it was the year was seventy eight Seventy Nine and kylie minogue's manager who had a relationship with the GOOD, people, at, sidmo said look. He's a job would you like to spend a couple of some time traveling on? The FIRST day, and, i, said okay yes. And so did it took me three and a half years to. Get. OVER it.
Speaker 10: Well i used to work FOR, p And O, the modern medication.
Speaker 20: And we.
Speaker 10: Worked it out and, in those days this was in the nineteen. Sixties and seventies but on some of these cruisers women out number of single women number single men by about. Seven to one it's one.
Speaker 1: OF the reasons i no. Longer have hair we'll do this when we. Gave come back, more of you more of, your of course cap and join, us, one double, Three Six Nine. Steve grumpy collins you want to see some. Of these texts have a. LISTEN to this I Thought the international Dateline. Went through tonga will have to double, Check on that megge. Not too sure another one Doesn't.
Speaker 10: Go Through tonga comas, east of.
Speaker 1: Course thank you my FAVORITE holiday DESTINATION f One J One licky licky loo adults only five Star Resort near mlo melo m. A, l ololo yeah helloo over water looks. Through the floor you, can see. Kaleidescoberfish polutely, gorgeous, oh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no no no that's what it's our specific. It's all, about oh. Look it's paradise, speaking of paradise we're going To. Go to vanowatu now, our next one which is sort of north Of free g but do you remember in THE sixties a Tv show Called. Adventures in paradise Gardener McKay. Played Adam Troy?
Speaker 1: Did, adam.
Speaker 10: Troy yep yep now you'd be surprised to know that most of that was Actually, filled With california but vanatu. Featured a lot It. Wasn't called vanouat it Was called The Wallace and ellis. Islands or Something then became valewatu after that because it was Sort of Both french and british colonies that combined when It. Became vaner watu but that is one place in the world where you can, actually get up real up close to. An actual volcano it's called the Volcano Is, called mount yassur And It's on canna island and it's one of the most accessible active volcanoes. In the world and one of the best places times to go is just on dusk because when, it gets dark you see all the red glow from inside the crater and it spits out a. Bit of lava, but you know they keep your will. Back from that that's one of. The great adventures but the other one THAT the reason i Mentioned, adventures in paradise there was one you've heard, of land diving you know where these guys got up.
Speaker 1: That it was.
Speaker 10: It was a precursor to. Bungee junkie jumping they used to climb up these massive bamboo tower tie vines to the ankles and a leap off A lot of i remember one episode where they. Filmed, it there well that, wasn't probably Them Was, probably lowell thomas another famous travel journalist who used. To go there but That, is in vanahatu and that's on An Island, called pentecost island and that is a tradition still. A tradition today what they do is you start off. As a child it's, only for males and you leap off from the lower the lower bridges because they have all these they, like diving boards and you walk on that and. You leap off and what they do is they soften. The soil helters the whole point as it is to just drag your head on the soil and then bounce back up again, without hurting yourself and then as you get, older and braver then you go higher.
Speaker 1: Up the.
Speaker 10: Tower absolutely fascinating but they still do that today and you can actually go and see that in Real life on vanihuatu.
Speaker 18: If you want.
Speaker 10: Very exciting place but the Capital of Vaner, wuardu is porta and that's a that's a that's a. Fairly quiet place it's got a it's got a, massive harbor there and one of the features of the harbor is it's got an. Underwater post box and.
Speaker 1: What you do is you Get a water we all need, one of.
Speaker 10: Them we do, and you well my son sent me a postcard from. THE dove down i don't know how deep it is and you dive.
Speaker 21: Down and you.
Speaker 10: Post send off THIS postcard and i send them all. Over the world. Absolutely fantastic place but there's a lot to do there because there was a lot of adventures stuck, glorious oh yeah and gorgeous rivers and. Stuff like that it, used to be whether it was a new hebides what.
Speaker 7: It was called.
Speaker 1: That's, the one yes my recollection of that that port was it was pretty good for, duty free purchase but.
Speaker 10: It, still, IS yeah yeah i think it is that there's basically only one Main. Road in portvilla it's sort of like a big long road. Along the, harbor but yeah it used to be good for duty free probably still is because they do depend on. Tourism a lot and there's an island in the harbor that a lot of the cruise ships go to and everybody goes in and hops on this island and there's a nice beach there and. Stuff like, that but yeah But. THAT'S in vanahwatu i think it's some of, the upper islands so that you want To Go to Tanner Island and pedecost island to. See the others and it's just and they've got it's. Very very cultural they've got these traditional ceremonies there and you can visit local villages and they're very similar to some of the they're very Similar To The papu new guineans and some of the some of the rituals and that that they do because it's a lot of. Singing and, dancing but yeah they really get dressed up in the in their gear with their their masks on and their their paint and stuff like. A fascinating, experience so yeah that's that's that's a that's a Great place for vanuatu. Studying holiday, destination pristine beaches last rainforests and really. Rich cultural experiences so it's it's something if you want something a little bit more exciting Than, say fie g that's sort of the, NEXT step up i guess is To. Go to, vadawatu but no it's it's just it's just. A Great Place a fete island is the at The Home. Of port vila but then You've Got, a spiritu santo which is Famous for its champagne Beach And. The blue holes now, these blue holes there's world. Class diving there they are really really. Deep dive holes you go down to and down the. Bottom of one you've got the WRECK Of The, ss president coolidge which Was Funk During. World war two, so you know there's there's a lot.
Speaker 7: To do there it's just.
Speaker 10: A fantastic place, and you know whatever, holiday you want excitement or just relaxation, and cultural activities it's all There. On in vanawatu and you've got a choice of really good. Resorts as well You've Got, to bay. Lodge for instance You've Got The Ratua, private island resort and you've got a lot a lot of other, resorts like that so it's another fascinating place to Visit In. The south pacific i'm just.
Speaker 1: Having A look At. Adventures in paradise been a lot of Comments online About, adventures in paradise so have a. Look at this so You're right about Garden McKay played Adam Troy, and james holden very. Young, looking, bloke. Yeah Yeah yeah Guy Stockwell. PLAYED chris parker i.
Speaker 10: Think He was. Dean stockwell's Brother You. Remember dean Stockwell. He played stockwell i'm just trying to think he was in a police series or. Something, like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah he, was in OH.
Speaker 10: Mainly in TVs he was sort of like.
Speaker 9: The.
Speaker 10: Young teenage guy i'm just trying to think what.
Speaker 14: He was in he, was in.
Speaker 1: Somebody somebody, will tell.
Speaker 10: Us that's try he had a Good Television Career. Anchors, away, man yeah yeah he.
Speaker 1: Was. In that yeah and who Else was In adventures in paradise from time to time was a very. Well Known, Person, michael, pate, yes yes.
Speaker 10: Yes he well when He Wasn't Playing American indians michael pate was. A lovely man he, was a trific terrific guy because he came Back to settling australia after His. Career in hollywood but for some reason they thought that This good looking australian.
Speaker 1: Guy was always going to be portrayed As. A incredible, grumby stay there we'll come back in. Just a moment. Wrap It Up It's. Steve grumby collins. We're talking travel have a look. At the week the YouTube site which is Great Simply Called, Steve Collins Traveler. Steve grumpy collins have a look at what he does on. HIS YouTube channel a great friend of this program for a long. TIME as well, i don't know one, Of these days GRUMPY you and i might, do you know like one of those moments where two blokes just go away for three or FOUR weeks and i think we should Go. Somewhere, like israel.
Speaker 10: Yes well that would interesting certainly together is all my. SONS as well i. Haven't been there he. Absolutely loved it he he just thought it was a fantastic place to go over the. Very good destination well.
Speaker 1: Let's go to. Israel, Right Now, hello david.
Speaker 30: Tony you And Steve gre jes jones would. Be absolutely welcome that. Puts you up, We drink Beer we HAVE pavlova and i will text you to all.
Speaker 1: The great sites beer and beer And. Beer and pavlova what could?
Speaker 10: Possibly, go wrong, well you know Do you know Australia's connection with Israel, was The, antacks the ansecs the Hospital, grant would yeah the butt of the Chev In The first WORLD war against.
Speaker 8: I.
Speaker 1: Got, a second gents we're talking over each other a little because we're both in two, parts Of It. The great land so, You were saying david.
Speaker 9: In the the.
Speaker 30: What's it called the horse brocade tree to bear sheev From from the turks in The In The, first world war and is The very Big anzac memorial actually not half WHERE the from us Visited us on october seven Is an enormous antac memorial There in, the Ansec forest which i've been too good with the.
Speaker 1: Kids. A lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah well that was The where The battle, of besheba occurred and That Was the australian cavalry and it was the last cavalry charge on horseback because It Was The australian mounted force and they were Taking, on the Turks and the turks were well IN twnch, And, i said aha these, guys, on horseback well We're going to we're going. To, slay them unfortunately that DIDN'T happen because i kept riding and, riding and Riding and the turks were. In the trenches their horses leapt over the trenches and so they. Were behind them and they, won the battle and we celebrated the hundredth anniversary of that probably five or. SIX years ago i think would have been more than that would have been back in the brand about twenty eighteen. Or TWENTY seventeen but i had a bit to do with that because There was an israeli Historian came to australia and HE was but i just thought. It was amazing there we are A bit, of Australian history The, battle of bashiba the last ever cavalry, charge on horseback and it Was and the australians were heavily Outnumbered by the turks and. They, beat them.
Speaker 30: Yeah and they Feed their V HEBREW belchev, as i said There's an enormous anzac memorial there in, the attack forest in the, place called there which is not FAST from whether us invaded and did what they, did very nice planted. With eucalyptus trees it looks very Much like. The AUSTRALIAN landscapes, as i say we used to go there where the. Kids a lot.
Speaker 9: I'll.
Speaker 30: Tell you what TELL you WHAT i called I. Called, About tasmania please tasmania. Is what's paradise. IT'S just beautiful i Remember, going to tasmania Going To the yewan valley where you do this air walk and all these trees are like one hundred meters or something in the air walks. At fifty meters you've got, the ground below you've got the tops of the cannon be the.
Speaker 10: Trees above you.
Speaker 16: You sort of you walking with the.
Speaker 9: Trees and everything and did it, in the winter.
Speaker 30: So that was sort of it was very damp and you could you could smell the eucalypt and it was. Just just gorgeous and Another Place was MOUNT wellington Where I climbed mount wellington with a friend, to the peak also, in the winter and you've got water coming out. Of the rock people go out there, with you know with their with their barking and you just collect water from the rock. And drink it and you actually above the cloud and then get to The Peak. Of mount willington you're actually above. Above the cloud the cloud is sort of, on the mountain and then the peak. Is it's biblical it's, very very special so it's really. Worth going there so if you get to get convinced your wife, to go. There you must you.
Speaker 1: Will enjoy it, There you go so you've got to. Get work, On. Thank you david you're going to get To get brad brandi points if.
Speaker 10: You, go THERE yep absolutely i would. Like to, go, but yeah fascinating. A, fascinating, PLACE yeah now i hope.
Speaker 1: We don't know not, Getting Confused here so i've got lots of text now in front, of, Me, saying yeah butsheba the charge of the lie Brigade, was in Palestine. Got, into, Jam well.
Speaker 10: Yes i'm saying that It was, in palestine then but it is Now, part of israel got?
Speaker 1: It all?
Speaker 10: Right thank you it's all because that area changes its. Name, quite often yeah But, it, was, palestine, yeah yeah yes but it is now it is Now.
Speaker 1: Part of. Israel very, Good all right now where do we get to just to wrap up with a couple of, Minutes left, grumpy oh yeah we Were.
Speaker 10: Talking, about, TONA yes well i was going To talk about tonga because that was that. Was another one but we're talking about there Was A very the tomlins are very, very big, People you see, they're very large and they had their most Popular their longest They're large in tonga because one of The most popular tonguans ever, Was Their monarch Queen Salotte. And queen sloto she ruled from nineteen eighteen to, nineteen sixty five which is the longest Strain of any tongue. And market monarch but. She was sure she was six foot three or one point nine to, one meters tall and because she, was a monarch she was invited to The Coronation of Queen elizabeth the second and she shared an open Carriage with The, Emperor Of. Ethiopia hailey selassie now she was a very Big lady and i'm in tall in stature and, quite quite robust and he was a very. Very SMALL man and i remember the commentator at the TIME Was A, bb city today and she was Very popular in britain because she'd been out and about, and, they, said, oh Oh Well, there's queen salati who's? That with her and, THE commentator said i think. That's her lunch, Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh ah now just as, you've been speaking because we've been talking about. The, international dateline yes and if you look at, THE international dateline i hope. This is accurate i'm looking. At it now and so it goes really just to the just slightly to The.
Speaker 10: East, of tonga yeah well wobbles around here.
Speaker 1: And then wobbles around and Then goes round, Kidrabarti.
Speaker 10: Back there turdi bas cure, a, bus yes yeah and.
Speaker 1: Then back around and then it's. Just really interesting who would have thought so divides if you might Be in between tonga Right Down. Through, american samoa.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's, correct Yeah Yeah and, western samowa, said you know we want to. Be the first we want to be the first place in the world where the.
Speaker 7: New day starts so.
Speaker 10: They changed it they changed it. To suit them.
Speaker 1: One does grumpy it's always a bit of light Relief on, a FRIDAY morning and i thank. You for that if people want to find out more about, what you do how, you do it, and with whom the best way to, do that is.
Speaker 10: Well That's called. Steve COLLINS trap but i don't know that anybody would want to do.
Speaker 1: It, with me though, To be, Honest i'm sure i'm sure if we ever did, a tour together it would SELL out within, i don't know seven and. A half, years, oh, probably, Yes yeah probably thank, you see bye thank. You for that got a lovelier text here that says is the international dateline zero zero five five. One, eight hundred no it's a. Different international dateline, It's funny, Though. Thank you rob the voice is going forgive me what do we got about four minutes away from the news time stakes of comments With regards To dean stockwell, Sons And Lovers long day's Journey. Into the. Night thank you rob was, in blue velvet was offered to act, in green velvet but turned. The offer down he didn't like. The color. Green very funny.
Speaker 3: You're Listening To australia Open eyes with. Tony McManus game.
Speaker 1: Hodgin wanders into the studio One From The, australia overnight, newsroom sits down turns on the, microphone, and says, hello good morning good. Morning for me The Great, Name MARTHA gardner oh.
Speaker 27: I sure am i know that wasn't, a real name. But she was she WAS on three aw. FOR many years i read her.
Speaker 1: And A bit Of new, Z after, that, I think no i.
Speaker 27: DON'T remember that i know she had A column in i think It, was The Herald the melbourne, herald for many, many many years and it was just compulsory reading. That Was interesting so.
Speaker 1: I've been digging around in areas. In, this building frankly that is none, of my business but HISTORICALLY that's.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 1: I DO okay and i Found This at martha gardener Book Okay of martha gardener. Bits and, pieces for example, would you like have you? EVER made Rissoles i.
Speaker 27: Think i've tried interfewed just a, hamburger with it no few more and they used lamb. Instead of Beef as.
Speaker 1: So martha says, according to rissoles and you look up if you go into the trouble, Of making, rissoles martha says make good quality and freeze them as such a good standby if you are. In a hurry oh. THAT is true a different recipe is half a kilo, of, minced steak okay two, rashes of bacon chopped, and gently fried and, one chopped onion small knob of. Chopped green ginger green ginger. Allowed to cool then add it to the minced steak and the salt of the. Pepper to taste a dessert spoon. Of, soayer sauce okay one tablespoon. Of Tomato magic.
Speaker 27: And i'm going, to ask, you tomato man what?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 27: Tomato, magic, one double three?
Speaker 1: Six nine three what? IS tomato magic A dash? Of worcestershire sauce.
Speaker 27: Can you get? These things anymore.
Speaker 1: One tablespoon, of brown vinegar the juice of, half a lemon one, beat and egg one, teaspoonf of nutmeg half a teaspoon, of powdered cloves one small tin, of pineapple pieces two slices of. Crumbed white bread hang.
Speaker 27: On a minute you said this was the. Quick and easy rest.
Speaker 1: This is the quick according to ba this is, the.
Speaker 27: Bible pineapple pineapple.
Speaker 1: It is one half a, teaspoon of nutmeg half a teaspoon, of powered cloves one small. Tin of pineapple presumably was, a golden circle but it may. Not have been two slices of crumb white bread mixed, all together well and then roll in dessertspoon. Lots of flour and.
Speaker 27: It, DOES sound, nice i KNOW doesn't, sound i mean you know you put pineapple in, a hamburger sometimes but in an inside any actual result.
Speaker 1: Do you have i've never. Heard of, that speaking which do you Have a smelly have you ever had? A? Smelly? Refrigerator oh yeah do you know how? To remove it.
Speaker 27: Get everything out and see what needs to walk?
Speaker 1: Out by Itself, according to martha your refrigerator will stay fresh and sweet smelling if you wipe it out quite. Regularly. With, vanilla okay also a good idea is to keep a saucer of mixed mustard on.
Speaker 27: The lowest, shelf mixed, mustard a saucer.
Speaker 1: A saucer of mixed mustard on. The lower shelf how?
Speaker 27: Does that work?
Speaker 1: When you're moving therefore, close the door pack the fridge with newspaper sprinkled with vanilla when.
Speaker 27: You're, moving house yes when you're.
Speaker 1: Moving and therefore must. Close the door packed the fridge with newspaper. Sprinkled with vanilla interesting when. You're.
Speaker 27: MOVING house now i don't know when this. Book was written it's looking very eighties.
Speaker 1: Or maybe. Early, NINETIES earlier well i can tell, you because seventies because there's a preface in here by the then general manager Of three Yu, z in melbourne lovely bloke by the Name Of Mister cornish bob cornish and talks about the time that as she SPENT three YEAR z which i think was just after THREE a, w, i think okay. But you're right she also appeared On Programs Like Australian, national weekly magazine was a Regular Guest On The mike. Walsh show too she had her own wool, wash for Years.
Speaker 9: She.
Speaker 1: Did martha's, Well in.
Speaker 27: Fact martha's woolwash was all Going Long after martha. Gardner, was gone, yes.
Speaker 1: IT did and I wonder if i haven't.
Speaker 27: Seen it for. A long time i'm wondering if. It's Still available but i've got. To ask her are some of these? Things, still available.
Speaker 1: Well let's, Ask, the audience jan what do we know? About? Tomato, magic hello.
Speaker 31: Hello it's the american version. OF tomato pace i, guess tomato Paste, but IN america in i think It's. Made in california.
Speaker 12: That's that's just their version.
Speaker 32: OF tomato paste, i Wonder why when martha was writing this little publication, going back here why she would have made reference to, tomato magic then because she Was.
Speaker 31: IN fact american i know she had the Eucalyptus Like the martha. GARDENER'S eucalyptus woolwash i Just, caught.
Speaker 21: The yeah.
Speaker 31: The news reader it's a. Wonderful, news, Readers Oh. Hi martha gardeners you, COULD just now i just, make my own you could. Just wool wash but you can still. Get wool wash it's No Longer.
Speaker 1: CALLED martha gardeners i wonder, why it's not because you would have thought that there was still much affection for. That great brand whoever was. Producing the product wasn't.
Speaker 31: There a scandal associated with her under?
Speaker 1: Her? Real name oh do you just so, Hope. You're right, jane if not just. Make, Something, UP.
Speaker 31: Well oh i can't remember something that we'd.
Speaker 1: Better be careful because there might be.
Speaker 27: Family, members listening yeah there, was any scandal it's. So long forgotten and what we remember Is The. Great martha, Gardener, we do jan thank.
Speaker 1: You for That, Carolyn, In. ADELAIDE hello hello i came in the.
Speaker 31: Middle of that she was talking about, the WOOL wash and i missed the.
Speaker 33: Beginning of it but, in the Eighties My little jack russell used to get, That, skin problem yes and the vet told me to Wash Her with martha gardener's.
Speaker 1: Will wash wash the.
Speaker 33: Eucalyptus isn't it that's?
Speaker 1: What it was? Is that right so let me see if there's if she's got anything to do where she wrote. Anything About dogs so i'm up to the DOGS d o g dog doggy x.
Speaker 27: Maqures or something all but.
Speaker 1: There's duck eggs when cooking, with duck eggs it's always good to remember that two duck eggs are equal to. Three hen eggs did?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 14: KNOW that no.
Speaker 27: I didn't look i, know they're bigger they taste a bit different.
Speaker 1: Eggs to. Keep no eggs nothing to do with the. Dogs or animals, the thing is where would you get duck?
Speaker 27: Eggs these?
Speaker 1: Days good point From from.
Speaker 27: A where would you? Get tomatow magic where would you? From? A, duck, Well yeah okay i'll get that duck.
Speaker 1: Eggs all right same pleasure you've, Always. Got them, isabelle good morning.
Speaker 34: My, Tomato.
Speaker 35: Magic, team. MATT yes is I, go to aldi as we, spoke ABOUT yesterday and i buy. Baby rama, Tomatoes oh yeah i've got so many, seeds INSIDE them and i cut them OPEN and then. I get it i get a bunch of, basil, fresh, Basil yeah GORGEOUS and then i drizzle it with olive oil and put a little bit of. Salt on it that's. My tomato magic.
Speaker 1: YOUR sounds fantastic i.
Speaker 27: Am GETTING hungry CAN i Can?
Speaker 1: I ask ISABELLE and can I? Ask you gabe have you ever had a problem with a zipper, all the time.
Speaker 27: ALL the time i had to fix one of the kid's school bags, the other day a zipper on. A, School, bag yeah isabelle, have, you YES yes.
Speaker 29: YES i have i have a couple of.
Speaker 35: The SPORTS tops, that i WEAR and.
Speaker 29: Yes i haven't the.
Speaker 1: Zipper quite often So, according to martha if a zip fast, and becomes Stuck.
Speaker 20: YOU use oh i don't know what to.
Speaker 1: DO with it, i tell compowder tell compower, over the.
Speaker 27: Teeth metal teeth. Or plastic teeth this was the stuff that.
Speaker 1: PEOPLE live more.
Speaker 9: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That it puts.
Speaker 25: Let.
Speaker 1: It know, Sorry LEAD pencil sorry i. Got that wrong lead pencil, is also effective but take care it doesn't. Mark the clothes zippers sometimes stick because the fabric from inside the hen folding back. Into the zip you try to jiggle it loose rather than.
Speaker 29: And it gets.
Speaker 35: But, ALSO tea matt i also.
Speaker 1: BORROW this nut i need you can borrow, It, Go on sorry, ISABELLE get one i mean isabelt.
Speaker 7: YOU were saying i also bought more cashy, nuts.
Speaker 1: To say aren't? THEY just beautiful, i had some had some. Last night too.
Speaker 35: They're just fantasy, OH my god i started EATING them before i even. Paid for them We live at.
Speaker 9: We.
Speaker 1: Live for it got a fabulous text Here That, says tony maker how to cook. A silver beat this has got nothing to do, with the book but it says how to. Cook silver beat first you cut the, beef rather finally and then you steam a pot. On medium high, you add salt, pepper to taste and a Quarter. Teaspoon of odigano carefully lift the beef from the pot, with a strainer then throw the whole lot out the window. Where it's gone and. Look At, You rod Smith, hello in california.
Speaker 25: To look, apparently fifteen cloudy little bit of rain here and there for a top. Of twenty one hope, we, Get, There mate June july and august really hots up Here in southern california. With live music oh you've got The Likes, Of, Zigzy Top, Foreigner Rod, Stewart Brad baisley dirk's bentley and the.
Speaker 1: List, goes on well then we talked about the fact That rock and rod shows no, sign of slowing and?
Speaker 25: WHY would, he, i guess well he's saying that his concerts that Are happening in Vegas At. The caesars colisseum you might say it's, going to continue but not to sure how long, THAT his, wife i think is, just, Saying, that hey rod it's. Time to retire we'll.
Speaker 1: Let to see and then what's he?
Speaker 7: Going to do he's not going, TO play golf, i don't know make another.
Speaker 25: Whiskey or something why?
Speaker 1: WHY wouldn't he i. Tell you what i've become a late, to the party but a Great Fan. Of taylor? Swift?
Speaker 25: Have, You oh well taylor has been unseated as the world's youngest self made billionaire by a thirty year old Here In. The united states she's a hard partying college dropout who has riapped a windfall, from artificial intelligence and Her Name, is lucy gow a self professed workaholic who rides an electric skateboard to work when she's not being showfeed, by an assistant as a net worth of one point three Billion, as of Wednesday, more than, Taylor NOT million So i think taylor was sitting on about one point one billion or. Something like that now she came up with A Company called scale ai and it was a firm really founded By Her with alexander wang in twenty sixteen when she was. Just twenty one and now the company has been valued at twenty five billion and it just closed on a deal on The. First Of june now goo has admitted she never buys groceries instead just orders all The meals from uber each of.
Speaker 1: Course she does why would she got tell us about this newport man's quest to cover or recover of you like a lot of. Money, in bitcoin.
Speaker 25: Well this happened twelve, Years. Ago there, tony you know we'd like to be up to date.
Speaker 1: With, these stories yeah but he's.
Speaker 25: Been looking for all these twelve years with this. Lost hard drive you may have remembered the story seven hundred and forty two million. Dollars in bitcoin now he finally. Ended His search JAMES howe's and it worker once held a fortune that would only you could only, Really. Dream Of dony but massaga began in Twenty thirteen when howe's routine office cleanup discarded a hard drive that held the private key to his bitcoin watt and he threw it out and it fell. Into the landfill and he's been. Looking ever since he, had aipowered, drones robotic systems even tried to sue the local council to access more. Of the landfill And Now a los angeles based production company has acquired the Rights to tell how's story in a. New, docco series well we'll see how.
Speaker 1: That turns out tell us about this new obesity pill, that sort of, if you like apparently. Mimics, gastric lapbending look this.
Speaker 25: Is an innovative method for weight loss by. Redirecting nutrient absorption now to groundbreaking. New obesity treatment it's in a pill form and is showing early promise in a first. Of its kind the research has tested synt, one oh one a once daily oral medication designed to safely and shift nutrient absorption to the. Lower, and testine, now this process, like you said mimics how gastric bypass surgery helps people lose weight and manage metabolism without the. Need for surgery how. About that one clinical trials are, Happening. Right now tony so forget ozepic. And the rest this seems a.
Speaker 7: Lot safer.
Speaker 1: Forget that's it we're. Going to forget it's. A lot safer. There's, this man now he's got this test. Up AND running how i? Get this right performs a test to, see if she whoever, she might be is in fact nothing more than. A, goal, digger now.
Speaker 25: Look imagine being asked to pay, for your date only to realize it was just a test to weed. Out gold diggers well promising first date took an unusual turn for one woman when she found herself the subject of an expected and highly uncomfortable test organized. By, her date now the date was set up by. A mutual friend the twenty nine year old woman and her thirty one year old date met for a coffee and some pastries. At a cafe the date, actually went well, lots in common it. Had, great conversation however when the one hundred, dollars bill. Arrived things changed her date handed her the, bill and said is it okay for? You to pay, after she, paid, he said congratulations you've. Passed the test, on he, said he said you're not. A goal bigger but the guy says he was burnt many times in the past and expected him to foot the bill. For, many, things dinners trips. Everything like that now he does this just to make sure they're not go all diggers.
Speaker 1: After, his money well it's actually not. A, poor strategy.
Speaker 16: Well you know you.
Speaker 25: CAN do that i don't know how that's going. To, Turn, out sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well let's ask the audience if you were in a similar situation and somebody asks you to quote pay the bill, in those circumstances what would?
Speaker 6: Your?
Speaker 1: Reaction, be, one, double, three. Six nine three lots of texts. Which we love thank you from jan. Who writes importantly correction if you don't mind. To Make out martha gardener was not the person surrounded. By his scandal Was? The, other matha Yes It, was Martha, stewart the american which is well. And Truly documented martha garda was A. Fully fledged australian martha not. A real name i. Think she became she was Married, to mister warrell The. Great mister worrell is my. Memory About that darren james would remember. More, about That Gone.
Speaker 25: It's martha stewart she went.
Speaker 10: To jails there she didn't get.
Speaker 1: To prison. Here, she did yeah there was a doc ricent doco about that was pretty grueling. Of the time you can imagine how intensely it was. At the time but she did serve time. Absolutely very much so you're going to do. The right thing what About, Those, soccer rus.
Speaker 10: Look you'd have to.
Speaker 25: Say, goal Because look soccer rus are on The Brink of world Cup Qualification now. Tony popovic's side he did secure the one Zero win over japan on. The ninetieth minute the, attorney.
Speaker 1: Credible, game, believable, LOOK.
Speaker 25: Yeah look i thought it was going to go to on nil all and then you hear they score in. The ninetieth, Minute you know look they broke a sixteen year Scoring. Drought against JAPAN And The fifa world cup will be hosted by Three, countries THERE, Tony the Us canada and mexico and the final match Will Be in new jersey and All happens from June eighth, to july third. Twenty twenty six so it looks like The old soccer rus are.
Speaker 1: On, their way well there's, another hurdle too where it, Looks pretty good but there's another, hurdle to go which WILL be decided i think Coming. Up next tuesday one to watch as we get closer to that. Is my understanding anybody that's been following a. Little more closely let me know one double three six nine three have to look at some of these. THINGS in MUSIC i think i noticed that. THE crowded house i don't know whether you, for meid it but they were looking back and doing, some more touring, which is great just announcing in the last.
Speaker 25: Couple, of days well in nineteen Ninety Six There toney crabit house announced they would be disbanded and they played their final Concert At The sydney Opera house in november. Nineteen ninety six but now they kind, of, you say hey let's do, some more touring which is good. For them today but in, Nineteen seventy one american Blues Rock Band grand funk railroad smashed the record Held by the beatles when They Sold Out New york's sheer stadium in. Seventy two hours and in nineteen Eighty three the police started a two week sorry a four week run at number ONE in the uk and number one for Two weeks In Australia With Every breath you take and now the fifth best selling single. Of the decade and the song was written in nineteen Eighty two At GoldenEye in Fleming's, estate on jamaica and the lyrics are the words of. A posisive lover there reverse.
Speaker 6: You t.
Speaker 4: When very, moove you week.
Speaker 36: Every, fond you break every step you take a hobby.
Speaker 4: Watch you leave your resuling day and every word you see very game you very not you. Stay hobby watching oh?
Speaker 10: Can't you see.
Speaker 4: You will be not aristep you, take very remove you. LEAVE Very value a greek.
Speaker 36: There, was small youthake they, Clean, you steak ibby watch you.
Speaker 4: Since you go i'll be. LAST wee street i, See see hostake. I'm Going down see.
Speaker 5: I'm so cold out along FOR you and i be, hard maybe babe.
Speaker 6: And please.
Speaker 4: You can't see you will all. SLEEP a, boole, i stand.
Speaker 36: Beauty they're remove bik, veryvive you week.
Speaker 6: Very small you freaking ever.
Speaker 36: Reclaim you speaking i'll be watching you never, remove you week, Every step beauty. I'll be watching ibby watched Every mug and i'll be.
Speaker 4: Watched never seen.
Speaker 1: It's still to come in. The next down plenty of time. For your courses what? IT'S all about i asked that question earlier and got in undated with some. Really interesting answers only about two three, people nailed it though the question was who was the button pushing cowboy and what was he asked? Not to do one double three six Nine Three.
Speaker 3: Is Australia overnight. With tiny McManus you Are.
Speaker 1: Right around australia nice to, have your company, Come And join. Anthony robin McManus one double three sixty nine three zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three for those. Sending our text and here's the thing with, THE text messages, i implore you and you know, who you are to. Keep it classy. It's really important it's important. For the program it's content. FOR the program. I love it i, love sharing text but if it's really really rude and, nasty towards listeners, towards programming decisions, towards staff members, towards other, Listeners other contributors if in any, way it's nasty it's not going to. Get a, run so frankly you. Just don't bother if you choose to make a relevant comment by, way of text you're. More THAN welcome but i do ask that you keep it reasonably tasteful and, classy if possible and make it entertaining and inform that people can enjoy. THE quirky. Remarks i appreciate some of them are cheeky and can never be published anyway. As CERTAINLY broadcast and, i get, it it's. Funny it's entertaining but those of you that are just having a jab, at the program jab, at other listeners that makes no. Sense to me it. Doesn't go anywhere it's just a waste of time and frankly a. Waste of space interesting story in papers today include but, not limited too container return for, the first Time Certainly. SINCE south australia i think they, were the first According To the, age That's correct introduced australia's first modern container return scheme back. In seventy seven. There you go they, were way. Ahead weren't they every state and territory in the nation is now paying, cash for containers billions of bottles and, cans being recycled and a marked action in. Coastal Plastic, litter in, victoria for example one point eight billion container has been Recycled Through the container deposit scheme. Since It's launched in november of. TWENTY twenty three a Government spokesperson said victorians had collected something like one hundred and eighty six million dollars, from the scheme including the one point nine million donated to charities, and community groups which. Is just fantastic last state to introduce its Own, scheme was tazzy which began In, operations in may collected more than one point two million bottles and cans in the. First four days makes you wonder why it. Took So long, Big, skin girls. Artie, thank you no not the one we were going for on, the First. Date says michael this, is a text. Really good. Text first date generally it should be round about fifty to fifty. FOR the bill i don't know how it. Works these days been. A long time first day generally fifty to fifty. For, the bill however if the bill, isn't too much the bloke can. Offer, to, pay well yes, BUT then again i would assume that if there's, two people going, you could share share, like a bear have a bit of, fun discussing IT and then i like to break. Down the bill what? Did you have you had, the potato gems you. Had the chips you had two. CUPS of coffee i just. HAD the one i had a glass. Of red wine you. HAD a beer i paid more for the red one than you. Had the beers so that's. A total love your share is twenty seven dollars and my share is. Twenty five dollars if, you don't mind why? Would you? Bother alison?
Speaker 20: Morning GOOD morning well i had, three little Points but now i've got four breaks down a bill like we're, going, to, say like no, it's so. Rude it's disgusting and on, a thirst date the like.
Speaker 37: Has to pay.
Speaker 1: What? Did you say why do you have to pay because you be arrested if you. Left, the restaurant no the mail.
Speaker 20: Has to pay your date has to. Pay for you.
Speaker 1: Is that IS that, the i mean that's an old fashioned? Is It not if? I'm?
Speaker 7: Still THERE yeah and I just wonder.
Speaker 1: And that's probably the basis Of, this quiz elison on the basis of has things? Moved? Since then though if, you were out if you, were sitting down you're having a capitia or a, cap of coffee would you not offer to buy that person a capitia or? Cap? Of COFFEE oh.
Speaker 20: Yes i would but then but on a first stage, WITH a feller i would half expect him to.
Speaker 1: Pay, For it yeah and so how would? You manage that when you're sitting at the table, the bill comes do you offer to contribute or do you just assume that.
Speaker 20: They take the bill and they pop their credit card in and just.
Speaker 1: Pay for.
Speaker 20: It that's it there's no words. To be exchanged but, if he goes oh we'll go, fifty to, Fifty really okay well you're, out the door.
Speaker 1: You're, at the door you're. Done, and dusted yes so so you this is. AN interesting one i don't mean to get, personal about this so you wouldn't say, you, Wouldn't say well I'm happy to i'm happy. To PUT in.
Speaker 20: Well i would if it came. To THE stretch but i went out on a date or this, is years ago and we went. Out for dinner well that was. Fifty to fifty he was the biggest tied arf And he's On teleyoff and i'm certainly not going to say.
Speaker 1: That name names, a.
Speaker 7: Name, names SO no now i.
Speaker 20: Get myself into. Hot water anyway so then we went. TO a nightclub i had to pay for myself. To get in he didn't even pay for me. TO get in i think We went to heaven or something.
Speaker 1: That's pretty poor and then we.
Speaker 20: Got a taxi so then he was going to drop me off at my home in prospect and then he was, going to PROCEED and as i was getting, out the, taxi he goes do you want to give me the money for your part? Of, the fair well that was the last day you.
Speaker 1: Were, kidding me no do you want to give me the money for the last part?
Speaker 20: Of? THE fair yep i had to give him the money for my part.
Speaker 19: Of, the fair.
Speaker 20: Yes True story now i've got an, ad for you a documentary.
Speaker 10: And a meal please have You Seen.
Speaker 20: The paramount plus Ad With? The mountain goat.
Speaker 1: I'm NOT sure. That i have what's the?
Speaker 2: Context, of it, Well he sings he's on a mountain, and he singing and he grabs the microphone and it's about, like screen on, like screen On Like.
Speaker 20: The paramount plus and then he grabs the microphone and. HE leans back. I don't know just tickles my fancy. For some reason i'm glued to it. Whenever it's on And It's a.
Speaker 1: Paramount, plus, commercial.
Speaker 20: Yes yes and then he kicks the gong at the end with.
Speaker 29: His back, leg, IT'S hilarious lover i have to have a.
Speaker 1: LOOK at it i. Haven't seen it where's that BEING Played?
Speaker 9: Or i kelly and it's?
Speaker 1: About, the Goat.
Speaker 20: Well the Goat's doing the, paramount plus song which. Is stream on That's, the, main, okay yes yeah.
Speaker 1: Is a Dream.
Speaker 20: On, by, aerosmith yeah yeah but they've changed it to Stream.
Speaker 1: On, dream, on okay no the SHORTER true, as I haven't but i'll have a look for it now that you've. WEDDED the appetite i love the. Idea of.
Speaker 20: IT right then i saw this great, documentary tonight accidentally and look.
Speaker 34: It up if you.
Speaker 20: CAN find it i. Haven't got It it's Called love And. Sex in israel. Oh my goodness it, was so fascinating and it's not, all about sex it's about civil. And religious weddings then it gets really political because women Can't read the torah or. Pray out, loud but homosexually homosexuality, is quite open and girls in bikinis or.
Speaker 37: Hair totally covered, and you know, before they marry they're not even allowed to hold.
Speaker 20: Hands, or, kiss no no are?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 10: Kidding, me no no not allowed, to, hold.
Speaker 20: Hands kiss nap but then it's not legally, recognized their marriage.
Speaker 7: So THEY go to I.
Speaker 20: Think it's cyprus my geography is rubbish to remarry and. It becomes, legal then yeah it was such. A fascinating documentary so try And find That love And, Sex in Israel love And.
Speaker 1: Sex, in israel okay writing, That one Down love And, sex in israel.
Speaker 37: And my last little.
Speaker 1: Point along beautifully.
Speaker 20: My neighbor. Next to me we're both on. The third floor she leaves food at my door probably, twice A week and i do the. SAME to her i.
Speaker 1: LOVE you both i.
Speaker 21: Love you both with this knock, on the door.
Speaker 25: Leave the.
Speaker 20: Food that's it And she's an asian lady and she does the most beautiful garlic soup.
Speaker 37: And rice dishes.
Speaker 20: She left something at my. Door last night well part of it was like some cabbage singing a plastic bag with some THINK thing which i really don't know. What it is but the other thing, was just, yield massive BALL and all, I could think i don't know where my mind goes SOMETIMES it because i saw a documentary on, calftrating.
Speaker 10: Bulls.
Speaker 1: Springing springing tears to my, eyes just quietly.
Speaker 37: And it looked like a bull's ball or testicle if you're allowed to say that word, on the, radio sure you because that's the, technical words logical so we'll. Still with testicle so it looked like a large testicle.
Speaker 20: That had been better than deep ride, and cured.
Speaker 1: Right what of these one? Are these DAYS just before i leave this, Great radio program i'll tell you one of the greatest gags of all time about the bloke that had a very similar situation while playing at. A roulette table WILL do tell i can't because it would be THE last thing I do before i leave one of the great radio stations. In the world but it's the all Time funniest gag.
Speaker 21: I've, ever, Heard, Right excellent.
Speaker 1: Allison it's always. Good to chat we'll do. It again. Soon thank you by a little bit to? Cover off there who would want to kiss or Handhold with? A collingwood supporter, hush But funny it's aerosmith dream, on Great. Ad says gary, there you go so it's. Other people recognize have we been able? To find It the? Dream on ads see if we, can find it we might see we can do it when, We. Come back tony there is no way the bloke should pay. As it is it should be fifty to fifty as, ALWAYS and forever i will never This. IS from jam i will never allow anyone else to. Pay for me there is no such thing as, a, wink, wink nudge nudge say no? More free lunch.
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 1: That the way let's have a listen to this here it is see if this is the ad and, there's, no volume, excellent any volume no ever listen.
Speaker 4: To this here it is EVERY outside that i look all these glas.
Speaker 1: On my field this. Is really clever.
Speaker 9: The. Past is, gone.
Speaker 36: Say man stay, for me here stay for the left them see the pollits here staying up with.
Speaker 4: Me bulletins an we'll.
Speaker 6: Take you away.
Speaker 4: Extream extream streams stream same.
Speaker 1: Streets. With, paramount plaster yes, that just genius. Beautifully well done i've, Not. Seen it allison that was. A great game thank you for thank you for. Pointing that out we will do this when. We come back more. Of your calls come, And Join, us markey stall you'll be next to to All Part. Of australia revenue top. Of the morning to you on this program. And to others i've often made the point that it would be interesting for people more people to put their hand up, for political office whether it be, at council level whether it be, at state level or, should you choose even at, a FEDERAL level because i think the idea of contributing of that level doesn't necessarily, occur to everybody but those when pushed or shoved or cajoled or encouraged is probably even, the better word, encouraged to participate bring new life to what Is otherwise in australia are pretty dull for. The most part and then there's also a part of, me that says why? Would you really? Why would you things that sometimes you have to endure as a person who has. Done just, that for Example The former Victorian Opposition, leader john pisciutto who is pretty now close to securing a deal to bail him out two point three legal debt threatening. A political Career Multiple senior liberal party sources have been Quote in the paper today has become increasingly confident of a deal being done with an entity closely tied to the party that would see him loaned up to about one point five which will allow him to. Honor that debt it's just tricky to find yourself in these. Sorts of things and that's. Just one, example of course there are many reasons WHY you and i might not consider or think about getting involved. In politics now but what we need to insist on setting up environments where surely where we. Encourage younger PEOPLE and when i, Say younger people i'm thinking from the age, of thirty plus those that have had maybe a little bit, of life experience that, may have studied that may have been very much part, of the game that the following politics for, a long time and then get involved, in a meaningful deep and meaningful way and then show up down the track as great leaders because we know this country is in desperate need of great leadership and at least if we, don't encourage it we need to and we should encourage it to guarantee that we have better quality of leadership that maybe than what we've had. In recent times now that's, not About everybody, but i'm generalizing but we need to make sure that the right people, are in place. Whoever they be they've just got to show up and do a really good job And shouldn't be they shouldn't shy away from it given some of the crap that they have to endure as part. Of their process mark you, could be, One for example i've been saying for nearly a, couple of years you should put, Your, hand up.
Speaker 21: Uh see what happens mega, What happens.
Speaker 1: Here i'm place to hear you haven't completely completely gone. Off the idea.
Speaker 21: See what happens they're a bit. Of said news in, The Transport industry tom watson's closing down after seventy years buying business was most famous for.
Speaker 10: The small goods for.
Speaker 1: The small, Goods.
Speaker 21: Don's.
Speaker 1: Good donnie's good don is good.
Speaker 21: And he's TRAGICALLY killed at ba first when a couple, of Decades ago now lord took it over That, THEY have yeah i was just reading and decided to. Shut the doors.
Speaker 1: We'll get. That story up so it's when? Was this pronounced just in the, last twenty, four thirty.
Speaker 21: Six twenty four It Was in, Big Wiggs Magazine.
Speaker 1: Big Wigs. Magazine big rigs.
Speaker 21: It's A Magazine. Called big rigs you get out the, Truck stop now I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry big, rigs, all right okay, HALF the time i have no idea what You're talking about. Big rig magazine what?
Speaker 21: Do you do we're trying.
Speaker 10: To work Out.
Speaker 1: So it's Donnie So it's, don watson? Group?
Speaker 7: Is, it yeah.
Speaker 21: Yeah, great trainsport yeah they do a lot Of, store, engine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay yeah watson who is the managing director Of The. Company Big Rigs don watson transport would see his collections would cease collections from the end Of the. Weekend june Nine final. Collections june nineteen.
Speaker 21: It's a bit of, After seventy years.
Speaker 1: WELL it is i mean. Those big brands you would have thought it doesn't Say in this he said the equipment one hundred and forty trucks and one hundred and, seventy trailer trucks so would be sold in, an orderly fashion so there'd be a. Bit to sell but you would imagine as a viable business it wasn't more attractive. TO the market.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 21: HAVE no idea i have no idea.
Speaker 1: On that, one but yeah well you could do a bit of homework for us. And find out speak to some of. The big wigs see. What, they're saying yeah.
Speaker 21: GOOD on it i will find out and. Let, Me know yeah i'll just a little bit more reading on the weekend And that Tes. Maine and fiesco.
Speaker 1: It What, a mess well but it'll work. Its, way through yeah it's messy, at the moment but it'll work, ITS way through, i would hope particularly with they've got. A great person the chief executive of the footy club, who's in place is As smart as i've ever known with a, great track record surrounding himself by some, really GOOD people and i would think that on, that basis alone that's where my. Money would go.
Speaker 21: What's going to be watch this space a little bit.
Speaker 1: AND it, depends i mean it's not ideal for the government going into on hold and probably maybe, even facing election but we'll know. MORE about that i would think later today one way or the other where. That officially lands but it's not, the ideal situation but you know it will make one day a remarkable story in the next. Five, ten years.
Speaker 21: Well putting, a roof over?
Speaker 1: Who's?
Speaker 21: Worried ABOUT what am i played? At your park? In one system where It's halfway between bernie? And how that why? Stick it there stick it down the bottom of the bottom.
Speaker 1: Of your, heard well yeah well that's. AN interesting point i guess where does the where is the ideal place to have? ANY of those i know we went through this In Wa with upta stadium and it went on for, many a year many a year before the decision was made to put up the stadium where it Is. In, The perth well i'm, not too sure and there was a. Lot Of resistance well i'm not too sure now that anybody would want To Change where. Upter, Stadium is.
Speaker 21: No i've never, seen the STADIUM even when i was, driving over THERE and now i have made it comment when you.
Speaker 7: Haven't, seen, me yeah well.
Speaker 1: Next time you do go for a driving that part, of the world you. Will notice it it is a wonderful looking. Piece of equipment very near the casino that was pretty much a bit of a golf. Precinct through there that's all. Disappeared and gone there's a great. TENNIS center there i think. That's still, there that's wonderful but the place for it is. Just.
Speaker 15: Fabulous beautiful yeah THE only thing I knew WHEN i when i used To go to purp was the kid out Of there BAY and like, i said Before where the channel seven building was to unload meg unload the.
Speaker 21: Grocery, shopping magazines yeah.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 21: That was it any, More than that.
Speaker 10: I'll get lost what Was That?
Speaker 1: A chewett hill you go Out There to Chewart hills A?
Speaker 10: Channel, seven yeah yeah.
Speaker 21: Really it's just just about a. Forty minute drive you go through a, tunnel.
Speaker 9: And, no.
Speaker 21: IT'S lovely right i think you went over the is It The?
Speaker 10: Swamp port river bridge or little bridge.
Speaker 1: There Or Something, the Swan River.
Speaker 21: The, swan river yeah he kept going a number FOUR, or five k, take the left go through rand, some Leafy trees and.
Speaker 1: Channel ten was In there and channel nine was in, there as well all in.
Speaker 21: That, same, precinct, well yeah, basically and yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 7: That's a lord.
Speaker 21: You love it and then it was JUMP on the jps capo.
Speaker 1: And away You go and marky have a Fantastic Weekend in. West, foot's great. Jimmy good, morning, Excuse.
Speaker 7: Me then jackson, FIRST of ALL i thought i heard you ask a question earlier that confused. Me a bit the better. Button pushing cowboy so.
Speaker 1: It's a great line from a song and it refers to a. Button pushing cowboy what's the name, of the song? Button pushing cowboy and what was he asked? Not to do the? Button pushing cowboy what was he asked? NOT to do.
Speaker 7: I can't remember the song tiny the only COW boy. Song i remember HE'S The song I want To. Be a cowboy but that's not the song. You're, talking about.
Speaker 1: NO it's not i want to. Be a cowboy you can? Be my cowgirl is?
Speaker 7: It, the one yeah THAT'S a, song I remember but. I don't remember that's probably not the.
Speaker 1: Song you're talking what about the? Someone else, earlier jimmy said What About?
Speaker 20: The?
Speaker 1: Rhinestone, Cowboy Oh yes glenn campbell my favorite song with, His great song but it's not.
Speaker 7: That one, Either, No, anyway tony yes yesterday a film opened At The, cinema's the Ritual and al pacino is going to Be in. A nixicism film did?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 1: KNOW that no, i did. Not, years old no he's going to be in. An, exorcist, movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah NO from, What i saw, well quickly said they say it's going to be, the most horrifying terrif finding Exorcism film. In american history and ALSO another thing i. Rang YOU about when i was Listening to, A jackie yesterday i don't know if. You were listening there was a lady very upset that gave her an email said she Went To a shell express for a coffee, and a sandwich and the coffee and sandwich cost her. A ten dollars when she checked her, account later on they'd charged, her entire savings which was six and a. Half thousand dollars, and she said if it weren't. For her friends she wouldn't have food to feed her, animals and herself but her. Neighbors helped her and then she said when she rang up she couldn't. Get a person there was just, an answering machine there was no one to talk to accept, an answering machine saying that she wouldn't be able to get her money back. For three weeks and then later on someone else text to the mile saying that he had been overcharged. Two, Thousand dollars really but, the thing is the thing is when these, people got charged they must not pass for a receipt to check their. Account Straight away but jessie said she's going to follow.
Speaker 1: It UP today well i, hope She does and i'm. Sure she will it just seems those things seem, odd TO me and i know they happen, all The time and i'm not too sure. Why they happen is it because people don't as ask for the receipt and check the receipt before they walk away. FROM the, register i know if, it's a serious if it is very much, A serious transaction i will always ask, for the receipt look, at the receipt then check the phone to see how much has come out of the account pretty quickly, in the system Certainly through, the westpac system it comes up pretty quickly on the phone within a moment of how much. You've, just paid well.
Speaker 7: That's a lot of the people that been. Getting charge much they must be, in a hurry and, they must say don't worry about. To receipt lately and then it hits.
Speaker 1: The fan and, Here's the thing all, of a sudden you hurry or the fact that you've lost a.
Speaker 7: Lot, of, Money yes So and then jackie said she tried to get these people on and no One will dancewer and she said she doesn't care if they come on her program. Or another program just come on and explain what's happening. With, these overchargers well.
Speaker 1: It'll all Be On the jackie felgate program three aw just after three, O'clock THIS Afternoon Did i tony mack you played every? Breath you take have a look at some of the sting playing That song live. TUSCANY acoustic version i Can only imagine, having said that if you have a look at the have a Look At the, its podcasts podcast which is fantastic and part of the podcast they featured history of, certainly the band but featuring it's really about sting police and then the Year solo career. Extrawdinary podcast wonderful the way it's been produced to produced DONE, by the bbc who tend to do those things. Pretty well Historically Julian, And armadale, morning.
Speaker 7: GOOD morning sir i would never let a lady. PAY for meals i always.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe we are old, Fashioned, as well julian to see.
Speaker 7: Your old well believed in some of THE ladies that i have been, to their homes the mother is a better host. Than my DATE.
Speaker 1: Yes that i can understand that being the. Case, These days.
Speaker 7: Yes i've had a couple of ladies here that were, not real ladies but their mother, was UTTERLY charming and i felt that the mother was ABSOLUTELY wonderful and i could have. Married, THE others.
Speaker 1: Yeah i, know that's. Feeling? Were you well there was, always the. Ideal wasn't it you always look at the mother and see how that works.
Speaker 7: Out, FOR everybody yes i had one good war friend firmly and we don't see. Each other anymore the Mother was a cantonese cook as, a wonderful chef and Some Of the chinese, foodjies was. Wonderful, GREAT memories yes i wonder If speaking, of chinese restaurants there used to Be a legendary chinese Restaurant Down, In. Burwood road hawthorn were a fated by this Restaurant Called, the RICE mole because i had a Painting of a chinese woman with. A green face?
Speaker 1: DO you remember i don't now which part of Which part of Burward Was.
Speaker 7: It boward road hawthorn where the tram doesn't Turn Away down power street you go. The, other way yeah taught that big church on the other side further up and it always had. A green face we could. Never understand why.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to a seat in my MIND'S eye and i. DON'T remember it i would have busted there a zillion times. Over.
Speaker 7: The years now it was also remembered that there was a paper Big Model Of sir robert menzi's above, a MOWER place And I Had sir robert menzi's with a big top hat. Mowing the lawn no where was. That it moved They, moved that prome one of my local polititicians, at the time bought The Model Of. Sir robert menzie's how long ago probably, the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 1: Isn't that A great yearn and that's sat upon a building for a long time.
Speaker 7: For years and. Years And Years Were sir robert menzies of COURSE lived in q and have a Break avenue in malvern to have pulled his old house down so that Home on?
Speaker 1: Have brak's gone has?
Speaker 20: It?
Speaker 7: Totally gone unfortunately i'd like to know are there any people there Listening from j parrot that is there any sort Of Interest In sir robert menti's any? Museum in well we Go.
Speaker 1: Right throughout victoria somebody will let us know one double three. Sixty nine three those that ARE. Familiar, with jr parrett what's the history of That Place for Sir robert in japarrot.
Speaker 7: And his wife Of course team. MATTIE they did i just wonder if anybody Is listen in alexander because she Was? Born in alexander have we have we talked?
Speaker 1: About? This before so what was the what was the brand of Motor Car that sir robert would often either drive and or? Be driven in Was it a Rolls? Or a bentley it.
Speaker 7: Could HAVE been NOW i saw I Was a geelong grammar in, nineteen Sixty Seven And sir robert mentz Was Not. The prime minister then he was at the back of the of the speech Stodium Stadium at geelong grammar int at age sixty seven giving out awards To Students. Of gelong grammar yet he Was Not a. Geelong grammar student He was, a wesley? Boy?
Speaker 1: WASN'T he that, i Don't know but i'll take your. Word on that why would have it he would have been invited as A member of parliament presumably. Or a minister was he? At that stage.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 7: Not he left he retired in, nineteen sixty six and.
Speaker 1: Yes he was so what year was he giving this address? Or the awards nineteen sixty seven after he'd? Retired from.
Speaker 7: Politics that's right and of Course remember that wesley had. AN enormous fire i don't know, when it was and it destroyed a lot. OF the library i think it had lost a lot. Of historical things Big. Fire, at wesley.
Speaker 1: Okay so that was, in you reckon that's about sixty six. Or sixty, SEVEN oh no I think that wesley fire was in.
Speaker 7: The, Nineteen, Eighties.
Speaker 1: Okay Well i'll ask. Scrubby about that he'd know more about THAT than Than i.
Speaker 7: Do wesley that, his co, ed of course isn't?
Speaker 20: It?
Speaker 7: This day yeah so so, my old school one of, the other, schools Of course geng grammar did, go co ed but it was always traditionally a BOYS' school when i was.
Speaker 1: At, that school yeah and so what was The where his majesty went to school that, was separate? Again? Wasn't it Yes, that was actually.
Speaker 7: If you can get hold Of The latest, geelong GRAMMAR magazine which, i Have here Timber top of justine theleast one hundred and fifty Years under The jefferson their mansfield.
Speaker 1: Got? You, To, you okay, Julian, That's, Right, Timbertop. Timbertop yeah timbertop and, as a student would you have had much to do with Those? That, ATTENDED TIMBERTOP.
Speaker 7: Look i i only spent one year or?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 7: Long, year, seven, yeah okay right he was said the year before. Nineteen sixty, six of course nineteen sixty six was The year that menzies changed a currency from pound shillings.
Speaker 1: And, ben that's right on The fourteenth of february.
Speaker 7: Nineteen sixty six. Said ad went when? Didn't?
Speaker 1: It did yeah it did. Very very quickly what a year that was remember like, It, was yesterday julian you. Look after yourself thank you very much for being part. Of the program it's always great to have you on one double three Six nine Three Katherine, in narah, Warren good, Morning.
Speaker 25: Good MORNING tony now i asked, that LITTLE.
Speaker 1: Question and i hope you nail. This So perfectly AND i'm sure i get a funny feeling. That you Made of course i'm going to so of course you are so the. Button pushing cowboy what was the button pushing cowboy asked? Not, to, do.
Speaker 34: Please mister PLEASE don't.
Speaker 35: Play b seventeen oh that.
Speaker 1: Is so good, that is wonderful and it was Sung beautifully By.
Speaker 12: Olivia and eaton john.
Speaker 1: Only took us about three and a half hours to get the corner of the five is down. As a duke just listen. To this lyric it's Gorgeous with.
Speaker 6: The bears to, come to.
Speaker 4: Music older news.
Speaker 1: You're listening IN The three. W brickey program you can hear your.
Speaker 3: Five selections, for a quarter five selections.
Speaker 1: For a quarter.
Speaker 6: Somebody the songs.
Speaker 8: When you oh?
Speaker 1: Is it True, VERY young olivia I.
Speaker 4: Got good kentucky whiskey.
Speaker 1: On the counter surely and my friends around to help me use the.
Speaker 25: Bame to some button pushing cowboy plays.
Speaker 4: That love song he.
Speaker 1: It is a button pushing COWBOY.
Speaker 4: And here i am just.
Speaker 6: Missing you, again.
Speaker 1: All right sing along if you.
Speaker 4: Know the words, he's mister peas. Don't baby seventeen it. Was our song it, was his song but, it's ALL. He's mister b.
Speaker 34: If YOU know.
Speaker 4: WHAT i mean i don't ever want to hear. That SONG again.
Speaker 5: If i, had a TIME every time, I Held you.
Speaker 4: Oh you're far away has been so, CLOSE to me.
Speaker 20: I could swear i'd be the Richest.
Speaker 4: Girl in nashville maybe the mistake of, dame SEE you BUT i guess.
Speaker 25: I bet it get.
Speaker 28: Myself together.
Speaker 27: Because, when you left you didn't leave.
Speaker 1: Too much behind.
Speaker 4: Just a Note but said i'm sorry by your.
Speaker 5: Picture and a song swaying heavy, on, my MIND.
Speaker 4: Please mister b.
Speaker 1: Just a great, piece of Song, Music By olivia Olivia. Newt and john IT was An, S three bentley thank you for all those texts COMING through and S. Three beautiful bentley and, that same Car according, to kia says he is actually Being restored in melbourne at. This, very moment olivia, take it away we're back straight up to this fun.
Speaker 34: On.
Speaker 1: THE breaking program i think it is, Late As yesterday peter ford told Three at w Breakfast the projector gonski reports in The paper, today herold's done confirming that that's probably going to get. A big tick will well untruly be gone and replaced with some sort of other current. Fizzh type Program Rob's in, Melbourne. Town, morning, robou yeah hey you go.
Speaker 12: As it naturally hey you? Going, very, Well.
Speaker 1: Okay good i'm, really well, right really well, thank you. Good.
Speaker 12: Thank, YOU makers here i shall tell you a story of what happened ten years. Ago regarding receipts please. Do family out took. ME family out i think It was, in maldon somewhere and it has now sort of gone under and we row have a lovely night and that. Sort OF thing and i came home and the next morning my wife said that. IT costs, Much i said i'll check. ME a receipt i looked at the receipt and the guy charged me thirty five dollars tip. Without my knowledge, and that's.
Speaker 1: Wrong THAT'S wrong w i went.
Speaker 12: There, the next day showed. IN a, receipt, I said mate I didn't didn't i ain't give you thirty. Five dollars tip he looked at, it with embarrassment went under the counter and gave me. The money back and that that company went under that, a YEAR later, and i thought, that's just stealing taking, advantage of us? Wouldn't, you say.
Speaker 1: Yeah well, It seems odd BUT again it's i think it's incumbent on each and every one of us to. Check our receipts now we don't. ALWAYS do it, i get it but it just makes you're acutely aware that we should do that each and every, time we, transition.
Speaker 10: You know transact, that's exactly right not just that you do not have to tip.
Speaker 12: In This, country, in america yes because the wages, are very like but you don't, have to.
Speaker 10: Tip, do, you yeah well.
Speaker 1: WATCH this space i suspect there might, be a time not, too far away will we have more of a Tipping culture in australia than maybe what we. Are used to got a sneaking suspicion there'll be some. Changes around that we've got. To do this when we come Back Out The, Carton Footy Club sir robert menzies is back on the agenda And.
Speaker 7: We go.
Speaker 1: Motoring that's next we say goodbye to the good people at Six. Pr in perth you have. A fantastic weekend what About those eagles hope it's a fantastic match Down. There At, Bumbriy Miss paula miss. Auto is next.
Speaker 3: Now this is australia Open eyed. With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: We come to be where. Off you are we're Still WITH five Double, a In Adelaide the ace radio networking course and the great radio station. Is RIGHT HERE three A W. In melbourne town if you're looking for a block of land, Over the weekend i've got one for sale and. Here's the one it's around about the forty million mark. For the block, nothing on it the most expensive patch Of dirt in melbourne and, not a house, not a plan not. A permit Inside According, To Paper today Bacon block a ture's most exclusive street if You Don't Sixteen, Saint, george's road nice once home to one Of The beautiful grand edwardian villas that got dozed over round, about twenty fifteen has been sitting there. Empty ever since not the first time the land has been, off for sale but you could grab it if that Takes Your. Fancy rt edgar good morning to everybody Around there, At Edgar's, Auctioneer jack edgar. Hello to you he's handling the off market and round about. The. FORTY minion now i don't want, to drop names but anybody who would be interested might have. To fight one d o'caine spies tell me. In the hunt peter With a sand fell update for the big Game. Coming up monday this should be a. Cracking Game, Too in, Adelaide.
Speaker 23: Good morning tony i'm so glad you're. BACK on there i did do A quick Preview. Nord versus sturd it only the sid. For match round game. Starts to Thirty i'm expecting sturt to maintain their, unfeed And run but nor would need to win to.
Speaker 7: Stay in contention shirt.
Speaker 23: By eight points and it's a food and wine Festival Outside. The thomas farm so will it only from eleven am go there? Or Be, square thanks tony made.
Speaker 1: Nice and tight. We love that get in, And get. Out. Thank you pete have a fantastic Weekend Everybody. In south australia you have a great. Weekend as well it's All part. OF australia overnights i can just now imagine the phone call between one d okay, and missus okay who is now. On the phone, so you've done what, you're looking at what, you're thinking about what it'll hit the proverbial good good. On your tennis thank. YOU for that i had the pleasure a couple of weeks ago of going into A beautiful land rover dealership just Over Here. In port melbourne spoke to some really lovely people there, and, they said well, what you're waiting would you like to make yourself a cup of tea or a? Cup OF coffee and i said that would, be VERY kind so i made myself a. CUP of coffee i happened to notice that, the sales Manager Good, morning ben ben was dealing with a client who looked to be just collecting his beautiful. New motor car albeit a top of the Was. A range Rover, Large range rover, i'm thinking ballpark probably, two point fifty maybe as close. As A three and i just sat there watching, the DELIVERY process and i was so impressed. With the idea, what for, us me immortals what would that feel like for somebody who's in a position to be able, to do that to go and spend two, and a half, probably three million three hundred thousand dollars on a beautiful. New motor car the whole ceremony of it was in chanting just, to WATCH it and i did watch it for, about twenty minutes and it really just a whole. Lot of fun so it, occurred to me what would that be like and is that part of a tradition and how important is that? In these days we thought. We'd, find Out, Paula, miss autocats, Paula good, Morning.
Speaker 34: Good morning tony and all tuning into. Three aw overnight.
Speaker 1: It just seemed like a lovely thing to sit back, And WATCH that AND i think i mentioned to you on the phone what a lovely sort of sense of.
Speaker 38: Occasion, that was yeah, the delivery process it's such. An interesting topic when you, bought it up actually because we had a good long, chat about, It, it did yeah you. Bought it up and THEN of course i took That Experience From Range rover land rover into other dealerships and started discussing, the topic again because one size doesn't fit all, in dealership's time every dealership and every brand actually has a completely, different delivery process.
Speaker 1: And so whether you're dealing with SOMEBODY at a heyndi dealership or in this case where you're dealing, with you know a Big RAIN drover jaguar jla precinct to Rend The. CORNER import melbourne i guess the intention, is the same is to make the customer feel very special one.
Speaker 34: And it's when we're going through sales, Training we actually i'll never forget years AGO they if i could somehow highlight this for listeners that they say that the excitement levels are actually reversed from. Salesperson to consumer, so on sale the salesperson's excited because they've, made a sale and the consumer is a little bit nervous and apprehensive because they're spending money and they don't know what's going on and should they. Or shouldn't they but then on, a delivery process the salesperson is a little bit stressed out because they have to make sure that everything's perfect. For the consumer they have to make sure all of their paperwork is right because WE don't have. PDF electronic, signatures i mean the automotive industry is, full of paperwork still. Nothing is electronic, and the customer the. Consumer is excited so it's a. Very interesting process i'd love, To.
Speaker 1: Find out paula whether somebody listening who's, PICKED up recently, i don't know Say a High lux From Toyota or ford ranger or The equivalent from ford as the two leading contestants in terms of people that will be listening right now driving to work and need much love yout the idea of, purchasing that car, owning that car taking ownership. Or that car would that be any different to somebody who's just picked up the top Of The range RANGE rover or, i don't Know. Even, a porsche.
Speaker 34: Yeah the question is should?
Speaker 1: It be yes.
Speaker 21: Should?
Speaker 34: It be DIFFERENT see when i was having it chat through a, couple of MANAGERS actually because i took this question to THE industry because i think it's actually. A brilliant question should? It be different should there be a variant, in the delivery in the exclusiveivity of the delivery dependent on the amount that.
Speaker 10: You're actually purchasing the cut for the other thing, that Came.
Speaker 1: Up and i'm sure you've looked, At, this too paula is the idea of how long. A delivery takes in the days where the keys might have just been handed over and, it, was hello goodbye thanks for signing the check and off you go and see when you come back. For a service there's a fair bit of explanation now because some of these things are. So, highly technical yeah when.
Speaker 34: We discussed this attorney was interesting because in pack in the, as you, said there was there was very the features and the benefits of the vehicle just weren't as filled or jam packed or loaded or whatever terminology you'd like to use as what. THEY are, now i mean the cart. Basically drives itself so if, you can imagine the salesperson has set standards from the manufacturer to ensure that we've gone through everything. With the customer so the customer will get a survey and say did? They explain everything so it's not even just a matter of trying. To explain everything it's ensuring that we explain it and. The, customer understands now there isn't just turn the lights on and offo move the seat backwards. And forwards anymore and there's the indicators and would you like me to possibly tear your phone to the bluetooth when. That came out now we have to go. Through our, connectivity you know, how does radar?
Speaker 10: Cruise, control, work.
Speaker 34: Boots, doors everything's electronic so. WHERE the delivery I remember when i, was selling cars the delivery could possibly take two thousand and, five and six maybe fifteen. To twenty minutes now it's approximately at least forty five minutes to.
Speaker 32: An hour, And, a half yeah to go through.
Speaker 1: It all thoroughly so that presumably customer is is somehow satisfied at endorsing the fact that they've made this. Quite. Considerable decision yeah.
Speaker 34: And then you know what's the most interesting thing is the customers will generally now. In this speccion i've noticed in the last, year or two with all of the new, cars coming out the hybrids and all of, the new features a lot of customers are coming, back to dealerships and a lot of sales people actually venting to me because they just do a lot of sales people are actually venting to me saying THIS is, just i mean we, love our customers but they're coming in because they're just not. Understanding the features they need to be explained and shown time. And time again and it's, it's, hard.
Speaker 1: Work, yeah of course but there's nothing. Wrong with that so in terms of based, on your experience in terms of dealerships and the? Trends these days? Are there gifts there used to be things that, BE you know, i don't know you put a blanket on the back of one, seat or something or to make that whole process a little more interesting and take these home. To the kids is that sort of also a thing with somebody buying? A new car.
Speaker 34: Depend it's completely and purely. Dependent on dealerships so, each Dealership generally and i'll say generally every manufacturer franchises their dealerships out to, a tribe entity whether it be a group or whether it be an individual like. A McDonald's franchise a dealership is, actually privately owned so it's actually dependent on that corporate body that decides whether they are going to give a.
Speaker 1: Gift, Or not okay so that's that's separate, to the agreement, if you like it's over.
Speaker 34: And above exactly and it was funny how to chat for a few people, about this topic, just DIFFERENT dealerships and i just wanted to pick THEIR brains.
Speaker 10: And, i, said oh well how, is you Know how?
Speaker 34: Is tony's, experience you know he saw these beautiful gifts being given and one of the comments from, a particular, individual, he said oh well you know they're buying a three hundred, thousand dollars car got lots of, money to give file to give all, these pretty gifts but now look gifts gifts every dealership. At different times too hard to, SET a, standard.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah but you can imagine for anybody who's, and you, could you know could who what would it be like to Go And. Buy rolls, royce for example you're buying The Fully, electric rolls royce which is going to come in over one million dollars well and truly these days for the fully Electric, version in australia and that's before you've added any real. Bells and whistles what would that experience be like as the as the salesperson is wandering around this incredible, car with you WE.
Speaker 34: Have, To, i say TONY you and i GO down to i think THIS is the gami Groups That. HAVE rolls royce i have to double check who.
Speaker 21: Owns, that one now and we'll have to go and find out exactly.
Speaker 7: What they do we should unless you're up, for the?
Speaker 19: Purchase that's right or do you.
Speaker 1: Go, in, And say look I'M thinking about i don't know where would you even?
Speaker 10: START that conversation i would probably, just Name drop, so i'll say do you know who?
Speaker 21: This guy is the information that's.
Speaker 1: Very, kind of you and that WHOLE delivery experience i. Find absolutely intrigue and you can imagine somebody who's. Probably buying there let's say A high end, Benz for example You're out of barrick and you're, doing the deal and it may not, be your first it could, be, your, third fourth.
Speaker 10: Fifth, or sixth yeah.
Speaker 1: Over, a period yeah and.
Speaker 34: YOU probably out I want another i don't, want another drink, bottle or, CAT thanks MATE i want.
Speaker 1: I want a sports, bag or, something thank, You THAT'S right or i want tickets to the golf or something. Along THE line as i don't know how it, works these days but.
Speaker 29: It.
Speaker 1: Is fascinating paula it's always. Good to chat thank you for getting up, Nice, and Early Paula. Miss auto cats we Catch up with paula every couple of weeks to the program. A straighter revenue for just another, Couple of minutes i'm going out to THE three at w kitchen area and help them do a bit of a cleanup in. Just a, moment in particular are looking at dirty glasses and cups. That around there and by way of sharing the experience with My Newly found Martha gardener's, book early eighties which. Is just, great for example a washing glasses across. This long weekend if you happen to, be washing glasses if the glasses look, smeary after washing or if the beer, goes flatten them you must change. Your washing method use hot Water And quote morning fresh detergent. When the glass when the glass has, been thoroughly washed make sure they are well rinsed with hot water. And drain only and here's the tag, do Not, repeat says martha do not use. A tea, towel i know, ladies and gentlemen you just have. The best weekend look At these Text monday's weather tony mac forecast wet and wild Will Be raining collingwood goals from about twenty. Past three onwards the mcg stands will Be flooded with, Melbourne supporters tears, hush but funny thank you textending in. Seven eight ONE This is dc lee happening your Birthday today recorded this. Is Sixty Four the breaky show Is next To. Ross sand russ have. A fantastic weekend whatever you've got plan for the long, weekend stay safe be very careful on our Roads. Right Around australia. I'm tony mac for, all we know we may, never meet again mayor hands only ever be held, out in friendship never in what
Speaker 24: Dum