Speaker 1: Amelia Fuller, our mate reviews food for this program merely good morning, Where have you been?
Speaker 2: Good morning? I've been to Fancy Hanks. It's at seventy nine Burke Street at the top there.
Speaker 1: I've been. Have you been Ruts? No, I have not, but I know that you can buy their sauce.
Speaker 2: You can buy their sauce as well, and you definitely should because I went on the hunt this week for something warm, maybe something with a fireplace, and then I thought, wait, I can do better than a fireplace. I need someone with a smoker. So off I took myself to Fancy Hanks. And as soon as you get in, it's upstairs. But then once you walk in that door, you can get that hickory smoky smell immediately.
Speaker 3: It's all art deco fit out.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful and it's all meat that's been cooked for a year.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they do a good job of that, but in a good way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I had the brisket, which I noticed on the menu is sixteen hour smoked barley fed angus. This brisket nice, twenty nine bars, perfect age for a brisket.
Speaker 3: Perfect, don't well, I think that's what they do really well.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 2: Obviously they use really good cuts of meat as well, which sometimes with barbecue you can use the cheaper cuts and kind of slow cook it. But as you've just told us, they do really good cuts and they cook it really well. So you've got to get double there. Let's get right into it. So you have to obviously get some ribs if you're going to do barbecue. I've got the half ribs. They're charred and that dry rub on the outside sweet enough, but obviously peppery smoky. You just want to rip each one off and leave the bones behind beautifully done.
Speaker 1: What's the perfect age for a waiter?
Speaker 3: Wait? I would say twenty six.
Speaker 1: Thirty seven fifty.
Speaker 3: Actually, I agree with you guys. You want experience? Yeah, yeah, definitely. What about some chicken?
Speaker 2: I know it's not traditionally kind of as much into the barbecue.
Speaker 3: Are you into the chicken? If I tell you about the smoke chicken, yeah.
Speaker 1: Tell us about it. But you're not shifting shifted me off the brisket.
Speaker 3: Well that's fair enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't try to shift you off the brisket. But you gotta have some other things on the table, So we'll have some chicken.
Speaker 3: Some fris some smoked chicken. They've got the free.
Speaker 2: Range chicken thize their juicy on inside.
Speaker 1: So something controversial here ross the vegan platter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon I could find my way around that.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing. It's fascinating smoked hormous nuts, corn ribs, pumpkin, broccoli, pickles, coldslaw, and fries sounds good in front of you guys, and god fries aren't made from animals exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be a whole other thing.
Speaker 2: I did put some corn ribs in front of you guys, and Russell said, what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: Not so keen on the look at that, But anyway, that's okay.
Speaker 2: No, the corn ribs are like this because they use obviously the smoker to cook it as well.
Speaker 3: It's flavorsome the whole way through.
Speaker 2: Normally they just get the buttery, beautiful but buttery on top. Not it was you could get the flavor through each kernel, which I was pretty impressed.
Speaker 1: Is it a sort of a associate this with the south of the American South? Gone on a guard?
Speaker 3: Could you even make out what they were saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you're gonna there's a word been taken out, I can put it back in. When they got a Bob's Country bunker, did they not? And the and they try to leave without without paying, and the front stem and says, you're going to look pretty strange trying to eat corn on the cob with no redacting teeth.
Speaker 3: Keep the redacting in there. That's very good.
Speaker 2: What about all right, let me throw some random exactly what about a deviled egg? Yeah, yeah, bit of tang, a little bit of a prika on there, you take it all. Some buffalo wings, yes, yes, yes, I think there's only four on the plate. So it's a nice little just starter, just to get your your tummy warmed up before we slap down a brisket.
Speaker 3: Very happily.
Speaker 1: We want some connection with this program. Had a meal a little place either in Nashville or I think it was in Nashville called peg leg Porker. Can you look it up, Scotch say peg leg poker, peg leg porker. But because the bloggerounded only had one.
Speaker 3: Leg, yeah, you could probably guess that one.
Speaker 1: The waiter came around at one stage with all this read mate I ordered, I asked to see the wine list. He looked at me as if I had suggested that we have a seance, he said, you're not getting Surely there's wine, and Fancy has.
Speaker 2: There is certainly wine, of course, because it's you're not at the top of Melbourne in this city. You're going to go to Paris and you're getting wine. But can I try and bring you a little bit away from the wine because they've got lots of amazing bourbon cocktails.
Speaker 3: You know that's fair enough.
Speaker 2: Of course they've got lots of beers as well, and they do beautiful local beers.
Speaker 1: Can you drink bourbon?
Speaker 3: Can I? Yes, I can enjoy it. I can enjoy it. I enjoy it. No, we're getting We're getting groom. This is over here.
Speaker 1: I've got to ask one quick question. Now ask the other side of this. Russ. Fancy Hanks, seventy nine Burke Street, Melbourne, Top top Ends. It's twenty five twenty eight after eight take us out with just a little snippet from Fancy Hanks.
Speaker 2: Well, I couldn't convince you to try the bourbon, but what about a bourbon Sunday?
Speaker 3: Would you try that?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good, thanks, let's do the Bourbon Sunday.
Speaker 1: Whatever happened to Ross Well one day Sunday beginning, that was it.
Speaker 2: Well, the beginning of the end really could be the platters. That's the way to really do this. So for fifty nine ahead you can be sorted