Speaker 1: Hello, Blake, can you say the magician? Good morning everyone, Welcome to Australia over night and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 2: Australia's quiet.
Speaker 3: The night rolls on, voices echo till the break of dawn. Through the dark, there's a guiding light.
Speaker 2: Three aw keeps us close tonight overnight we shared.
Speaker 1: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere from city streets to the outbacks.
Speaker 3: Guys, Australia dream as the station flow.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Dennis Walter, the great team here at three A w and I've just knocked off, well done. Five double A hello to you and six pm Firth, that's great to have you on board for Australia Open Night.
Speaker 3: City wakes, heart goes now Soon's voice like a friendly brings the country close across this slam, all.
Speaker 2: The nosy stories, laughter everywhere.
Speaker 1: Where have you at right across Australia coming join me by the ICE Radio network right throughout Victoria and we're into the southern parts of New South Wales. We call this little program Australia Europe. And but you know who you are and where you are. One double three eight eighty two for birth listeners sur free for the rest of one double three six ninety three girls, so many emails.
Speaker 5: Yesterday to foks like family.
Speaker 1: I know, God Blain most grateful.
Speaker 3: The country close across this.
Speaker 1: On the program this morning, we're talking wine with the great Great Jordan, who's been writing about wine for more than forty years and we're still waiting for him to get it pretty right well. Ask the question is drinking the new smoking? So look at that. Given the story in the Australian yesterday, the great brand and very very familiar to three aw listeners certainly around Australia. Two would be debaudally and they're looking at various variations of their wines to no longer necessarily put that much importance onto those particular styles anyway. So we'll talk to Jordo about that very surely. In Adelaide, Allison, you can kick it off for us.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: I had one question, but now I've got to that beautiful song that you play. It's Dennis Walter, isn't it?
Speaker 9: But what's it called?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 1: No, it's not Dennis. Dennis would Dennis would be thrilled or maybe not, But it's not Dennis Walter. Oh, who's the Who's the second best singer?
Speaker 8: That you know, Oh, the aerosmith guy, the aerosmith guat.
Speaker 1: No, we couldn't get him, unfortunately, that's very funny. He wasn't available for us to record it. So you'll have to keep going through the list.
Speaker 8: The aero He's said Elvis instead. You know, I'm running out of options here.
Speaker 1: It's a great piece of music. It's called We the Air.
Speaker 8: We Share the Air, so lovely.
Speaker 1: It is a lovely little piece, Elison, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Really, it's excellent. We Sair the Air, right, I've written it down now, so not lose that right so much. My question of choice tonight is how do you cook broad beans?
Speaker 1: Oh? Nay, you're talking broad beans, so you love them? Well, they My memory is, haven't had them for a long time, but they were a staple at once. At one point when we were growing up at broad beans. I reckon they were mostly steamed.
Speaker 8: Yes, but this is my dilemma. I used to peel them and then cook them quickly. Yes, But then I read the other day that you cooked them first and then peel them some A bit conflict conflicted, But I think I'm converted to cooking then peeling.
Speaker 1: Well, Ellison, you come to the right place, because we we have a vast audience right across this wonderful nation. There will be a broad bean of Ficionado's and they'll be on the dogs straight away. One double three six' nine. Three memory would suggest that they. Were memory would SUGGEST i don't remember peeling, them so Maybe mum did peel them prior to they'd be steamed and then with just a little bit of maybe some milid, oil pepper and, salt and that was as good as, look because we couldn't afford anything, else so we just lived on broad, beans.
Speaker 8: Yes and that. BEAUTIFUL i just don't know whether to kill them first or feel them.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, allison that is question of the, morning AND i thank you for asking you you, too keep tuned in for those that love the broad? Beans what can we Tell ellison about the best way to prepare the broad? Bean one double three six'. Nine Three ian Sterling. N, Wa Hello, Pete, oho tody here, you Go well peter.
Speaker 11: And yourself, oh look listening To the trump go On another. Trump escape he don't worry. That guy if it was anyone else doing what, he's doing they'd be. Talking about is This like? PIANOMAN square i mean Calling The national guard on your. Own People The national guard is the equivalent To The Australian reserve.
Speaker 1: Army reservists it's a little bit like that with the getting the sas cracked up. As well at. Some point. It's, BIZARRE look i don't dismiss it for, one moment pet that they've got some they've got. Some issues and he said at the front end in terms, of immigration elite people that were very legally but it's just it's just too much and it needs to be rolled out ever slowly with under the Laws, of america not this brutality that it seems to be having, that impact particularly in la where he has little or. No, support well IT'S very.
Speaker 11: I can't believe that he is getting away with. These THINGS but, i mean, mind you he doesn't listen to anybody except his own voices in his. Own head and if, you disagree well it's a little bit like he's made Over. In moscow, you know you, were eliminated not. Necessarily physically It.
Speaker 1: FEELS pete i agree. With it it feels really, really odd and they'll sort. It out they will eventually sort, it Out but god forbid we go down the track if it escalates you go down the track of, you know essentially some sort of. Civil, WAR.
Speaker 11: Yes i mean the PEOPLE in la are not going to put up. With that, AND yeah i imagine there's going to be Citizens in america that are looking at this and shaking their heads and wondering what the hell have we signed up?
Speaker 12: For here.
Speaker 1: If they're, NOT already i think, You're, right pete, Well done thank you very much for. Those comments people want to jump on board one double three sixty. Nine three look at the text coming. In already, Good, Morning. TONY mcamjay i cooked the broad beans in. Boiling water you add herbs. And, spices delicious, very healthy and that's just one broad beans best served with Pasta Famous southern, italian, dish potatoes hearty. Winter meal good On, your vince. Excellent Work your vince is There, in croydon SO look i agree. With you Just gorgeous, Jimmy morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning Tony. And jay it's unbelievable how many compliments you get for your opening theme By what david made up.
Speaker 10: For.
Speaker 13: You unbelievable the compliments keep coming. And coming everybody, loves it.
Speaker 1: They do we should point Out That David glen wavely wrote the lyrics and then put it into his, magic Machine as ross, would say and he turned out that a, little number and it seems to have captured the imagination For which i'm, most.
Speaker 13: Grateful including the beginning of your granddaughter with that part, as well With which i've. Mentioned before but You mentioned, Houdini, earlier tony.
Speaker 1: We were talking about musicians Here and beggy, pardon, magicians magicians and how many magicians can we? Think of the most famous of them would be would you have to Say? Probably?
Speaker 13: Whudini yep BUT do i remember right in Thinking That tony curtis made a very good Film.
Speaker 1: About whodini as a kid Watching That tony curtis movie Was fantast.
Speaker 13: And Remember bill Bixby Before, the hulk had a Series Called, the magician which was. Very good, but ALSO if i remember the, name right a few, months ago there was an incredible. YOUNG magician i think his Name Is. Constant tino he WAS on tv. SEVERAL times i think he was even a guest on Three aw. He's INCREDIBLE if i remember the, Name, RIGHT constant i think.
Speaker 1: There was a very, famous magician magician who would come out and be a regular Guest on, i'm, thinking Hey, heyed Saturday jim and he was really odd and, brilliantly developed but it was all about. Making mistakes he would often make a mistake and he came, out with, you know one of those big, chain saws and, we, THINK oh, i know where's. This going it was really frightening. To it he'd. Make it it was, very edititating. IT funny I.
Speaker 13: Think i remember that and a couple of. OTHER things i want. TO mention a couple of, days ago you mentioned about the kids with the pushbikes that used to. Deliver medicines there's still a kid that comes here to my unit's two doors, from me and he's been coming for a few years and still delivers medication to the elderly lady with his pushbike. Every week and the, other thing she's the same lady gets the paper delivered to her every morning by someone throwing out of the cane to, the driveway wrapped. In Plastic the herald's son every week's day and. The weekends. The, age yeah we'll bring it in FOR when i, See.
Speaker 1: It jimmy we. Love it that's a nice thing. To do i'm getting just what, You're. Talking jimmy you love this getting a note that says you Get A. Tony Maker It's. Tony curtis i'm now living Here. In warnabull, That's, fun jim thank you your calls the. Other side covin join us one double three six. Nine Three, ray jordan our great, wine critic will be, joining us coming up not too. Far away plenty of tome for. Your calls one double three six 's nine Three for. Australia revenues look at all. These, texts everybody very very helpful when you were text through. Much Love, Amazing jonathan, thank you that's who, It Was The. Amazing jonathan when we first Saw The, amazing jonathan my recollection was it Was, he hey but just this really weird but, wonderfully gifted, perfectly orchestrated. Phenomenal talent who would do this really curious style? Of magic almost to the point. Of slapstick is that the expression bulah bula. Bulah slapstick no olive oil leave Her to popeye? Is great thank you leave Her to popeye. Olive, oiled yes imagine having a girlfriend called. Olive Oil The amazing jonathan was born in nineteen fifty eight, passed AWAY which i, didn't know is?
Speaker 2: THAT right i didn't know he?
Speaker 1: Passed away is in twenty twenty two he died he was only. SIXTY three i didn't know that we'd. Lost him thanks, for that. Sad news better known as The Amazing jonathan, american wonderful, very. Funny clever oh that's a ruined my, mood now just. For laughs it was just when he did those Shows. On heyy it was, very. Clever amazing jonathan was the Magician. On heyhy thank you. For that let's take some of, These, CALLS chris, O Morning.
Speaker 14: Oh tony how?
Speaker 1: Are you, i'm well thank you, For.
Speaker 14: ASKING chris i didn't mind a responsible glass of red on those last Oh those december branch mean to the form reworseful former branch OF.
Speaker 1: The alp they'd have a couple after. The, meeting, no.
Speaker 14: Well we quickly moved the meet and so to stand in orders and the most if we're quickly booed on that last Prior to christmas mate and only so we get tipping five ten twenty fifty dollars to get pay of food From Lluidan fronco's pizza and pass the restaurant There In High street FORMBREE and i didn't mind a glass, of reds, you know and me A beautiful Fijian mate Neil every christmas and sometimes on my birthday birthday on octovey might bring me in a bottle OF red i forget to. Mix with and it might be a cabinet or something. Like that, you know.
Speaker 1: Sounds Goodgeous so i've got To say i've moved back to a glassy cabinet on the weekend over and above. She rose which we'll talk to The great man about that very shortly because he's going to. DO it i think he's going to do a bit of a story on the Latest from penn For The, new grange which is rated as close as one hundred out of one hundred as ye ever going.
Speaker 14: To, get YEAH and i USED to i think you brought be instead of a mcmilliams of penfold Shove it.
Speaker 1: Savinian cabinet cabinet's if you?
Speaker 15: On?
Speaker 14: You YEAH so i and THEN then i do the thing That figured i've storm my past life in the AL but i. GET some i got to get some saladas or get some. Get some uh.
Speaker 1: That's right we can imagine all the people FROM the apl sitting around having a glass of chiras and a. Salada biscuit oh that's as good as life's going. To get AT the A l p beatings small.
Speaker 14: Round biscuits one of those that would Be, the jets The, one savoy.
Speaker 16: And the.
Speaker 1: Savoy was a bit. Up market, you know you had to have a lot of money to Have the. Jets biscuit it was really About The the savoy was the top of, the wazza But the jets was just a little. More CRUNCHY and i used to put.
Speaker 14: An edle garnage on top of, the trees pickled onion, or something or a little girk or something just to highlight.
Speaker 1: It gurk and just that's as good as. Life gets put a girkin on. Your, cheese chris you made, me laugh? Have you we have a tried with some beautiful, hard cheese going to your, local deli buy, some beautiful very hard at cheese and then put some drip some beautiful honey on. THE cheese.
Speaker 14: I felt soufiero with, some friends and then we moved over to the old rollway Houses between Canbury And East, camberwell station so we used to go into. Those CONTENT now i didn't have money to do this a little bit continental Dollars In HIGH street Q Or burke row call top and this has not. SUPERMARKET stuff i swear this is The real. COUDI graph i made the rule. Late stuff, you know coffee beans will probably cost one hundred and sixty dollars. A, Kilo Now holy dalley back in.
Speaker 1: Those days thank you, For, that artie Mister b, Aggie morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning Tony.
Speaker 17: And, jay no he gave me a very.
Speaker 7: HARD quizzer i. Couldn't ANSWER but i was Right. About connor wasn't it because you? PLAYED it i was just one thing why you played it was that's nothing compares?
Speaker 17: To you was it a?
Speaker 18: Birth Something or i'm glad?
Speaker 1: You asked it was on the NOTES that i made with regards to the, program yesterday shenead, O'Connor yesterday The great. Irish singer she'd taken out a full PAGE ad i think it Was The, irish times and she was asking, the people the public to go, and stop and with the slogan was stop hurting. Me please in nineteen, ninety three stop hurting, Me please and she blamed her troubles on the abuse that she suffered as.
Speaker 7: A Child yes i'm aware. Of that she unfortunately lost her some five. Years ago.
Speaker 1: She, did yeah just dread very. Very sad.
Speaker 7: Prince wrote, that song?
Speaker 1: Didn't he The great prince wrote that song became a number one song right around the world.
Speaker 7: For, her Yeah and prince wrote quite a, few OTHERS but I remember prince wrote. That one it's a.
Speaker 1: GREAT song i never got To, see PRINCE and i sort of now regret it because he was often Compared To michael jackson around that. Same time they're same, but different and yet It was jackson that got most of the credit for his incredible body of work during. That time prince was a little more prolific in with his music and what he was writing as opposed to what was being written For By, michael jackson and so they, were compared. Perhaps unfairly but what A performer from all reports, on stage he. Was, AMAZING yeah i.
Speaker 7: Agree THERE when I saw, gavin's countdown the team well and many Others From little Riverband PERFORMED purple rayd did it exactly Like.
Speaker 1: Great purple rain wa imagine that good On, y arthur. Thank you as now we never know how to pronounce, this CORRECTLY and i get really embarrassed when we don't.
Speaker 8: Know it.
Speaker 1: Ocean, grove uh just give it to the what's the. Official pronunciation.
Speaker 12: It depends whether You're in Norway.
Speaker 1: Or australia well Let's. Go norway let's get, it right give it the. True origin fara Svara svara richard SIMPLY S v e double A double a.
Speaker 19: AH double A.
Speaker 1: Double r.
Speaker 12: Where the role is.
Speaker 1: That's why so it's SO if i write DOWN S v E double r double, r ev.
Speaker 20: It's beautiful it's, not.
Speaker 1: Okay and Any any australian.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 12: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 12: I've been called it and.
Speaker 1: Never well, bet bet, BUT yeah. I reckon it's so important that we get people's. Names correctly there was a great news editor WITH whom i worked many many years ago AT three Ba. In ballarette bob O'Brien was, his name one of the great old. Fashioned Journos and bobby used to say, to us then this is going back early part of. The eighties, he'd say whatever, you do if you have the opportunity to get, SOMEBODY'S, name a use it and b make sure you get.
Speaker 22: It right.
Speaker 11: That's fair enough to.
Speaker 12: Sounds good. To, me ANYWAY what i was, writing about you were asking.
Speaker 1: About, magicians yeah great magicians over, the years and.
Speaker 12: In the last few years has been a fantastic show on to vele And. Tell fools i'm not sure.
Speaker 20: If you've actually, seen that You Mean.
Speaker 12: Pedan, Teller yeah and they actually have a show that they do Out Of.
Speaker 1: Las vegas they do they've been doing, FOR decades, I think and they have a show Called.
Speaker 15: Fool.
Speaker 1: Us yeah it's really, clever format.
Speaker 12: Isn't, It yeah and so they get to me magicians on and, young.
Speaker 1: People old people knew people knew to, the game and they and they sort of evaluate and try to guess how they actually did the, you know the particular piece. Of, magic yeah and.
Speaker 12: It's well personally, think yeah it's, really cool and not too often they do, get fooled but, you know of, the time they know exactly what. They're doing.
Speaker 20: Forty Fifty, YEARS yeah.
Speaker 1: I reckon they. Would have they were a. Massive actor i've never seen, them live but people tell me they were doing Things like vegas for decades and decades and. Decades together and what is it true that one of them does? Not speak.
Speaker 23: Let's.
Speaker 12: Tell, her yeah he doesn't speak because he just doesn't want. To sleep but he, HAS actually i Think On The. BIG bang i think he actually spoke a.
Speaker 11: Few words On.
Speaker 1: The god is that right he Spoke On? Big, BANG yeah i think so? DID he i?
Speaker 20: Want words and that.
Speaker 1: WAS all i wonder if we could ever do a radio talkback program and the host, didn't speak people might like that. Really good just open up the program and the program would sound, like this and, people, go oh that's. Really relaxing that's going to put us. To sleep, be. Fair wonderful nice to talk. To you thank you down There In Ocean Grove wine Chat With. Ray jordan that's Next to. Stralia overnight keep those text line coming in at zero four, double, seven, six three six nine Three from rob, who SAYS and i agree, With you. Robert teammate great To See gary lyon get A Guernsey afl Hall. Of fame what a worthy recipient twenty six years after he played his. Last Game. Wonderful world done, To, You Gary.
Speaker 24: Mary start and here is the award winning wine writer of.
Speaker 1: Our generation he's been doing it since the Early nineteen one hundred of his first articles were in fact Published. In stone those, early issues they were collectors' items and it's our Very Own. Rage jordan, Good Morning, well toney thanks for that.
Speaker 20: IN introduction.
Speaker 6: I, feel old BUT now i feel.
Speaker 1: Older all it's lovely to have you on. The program you're, keeping well happy as sunny. Sunny demeanor, well yeah.
Speaker 6: We've we've had some pretty chilly days here and, you know the morning's for me start about four, point thirty so walking. The dog it's a bit chilly and a, bit wet not, much fun but anyway we get. Through it i'm just we had about a week Over On rotneest island and which was. Rather pleasant that's.
Speaker 20: Even in sort. Of winter it's it's a nice place.
Speaker 1: To be so just explain ray for listeners Right around australia who may not necessarily be for media with rottenst lovingly known as a Rotto In. Western australia it's it's on the you're on. The boat you're out there in about forty forty five minutes and it is one of the it's almost holiday of choice For every western traded visitors, of course each and every day to roder to have a look. And stay it's a right of passage for many a young person once they.
Speaker 25: Finished school well, that's right they have their leavers, over there and that's certainly a place to avoid when the leavers, are there but the rest of the time it really Is a it is a.
Speaker 6: Fabulous island the fast ferry gets you there in about thirty minutes and You're In. Thompson bay it's going through a bit of. A, transformation.
Speaker 20: Actually the.
Speaker 6: Sort of resort accommodation has been gradually and. Significantly upgraded, you know it was adequate at best before.
Speaker 20: When we first.
Speaker 6: Went there, you know it's only salt water coming out of. The showers there wasn't. Much fun but now it's all. Fresh water the villas are. Really nice They've, finished jordy they're Doing long reach and now they've done the lodge.
Speaker 20: And that's a.
Speaker 6: Fabulous facility now the rest and a. Great accommodation so there's a lot of history there with an aboriginal phenol.
Speaker 20: Sort of.
Speaker 6: Institution there for a long a large part of, its life and it's got a pretty pretty checkered history in. That REGARD but i think now that a lot of work's being done to restore those, old facilities and really is it as a way to remember what was as a PART of i guess putting, things right, but no it's, wonderful place plenty, of fishing just, enjoying life, super relaxed and to, be fair a lot, of people, you know they might find it a little bit rudimentary for comparing it to some of the, resort islands perhaps On The. Barrier reef it is quite different. To that but in one of, those places as soon as you, get there you're. Just relaxed you just chill out to get a pipe in the bakery as soon as you land and.
Speaker 20: You're away it's.
Speaker 1: A gorgeous it's a gorgeous thing.
Speaker 20: To do and.
Speaker 1: IT'S just i think. You're right when you go to those little Places lb it occasionally you almost breathe a. Bit differently.
Speaker 20: You, do look it's just the whole basis just.
Speaker 6: REALLY relaxed, i mean of course you've got The resident QUAKERS and i think they must be the most photograph animal on the face of.
Speaker 26: The, earth.
Speaker 6: Certainly a lot of day trippers coming, over there and when we were there, just recently a lot of Sort of Japanese and chinese tourists were over there and they were just going nuts over these little guys and having the photographs and the selfie's done sort of made Famous By roger Federer And chris emsworth amongst others who have. Had self he's done with them that they're incredible sort of boost, for tourism that's.
Speaker 1: For sure they were amazing and. Beautifully Orchestrated that. Fetterer photo it just was said a zillions of people all around the World by. Vays socials oh.
Speaker 6: It's extraordinary the focal point that had Put on rotteness. Was extraordinary, so, no look it's a. Lovely place, you know those with boats have got a number of some of, the bays and you know there are hundreds. Of boats not at this time of, the year this gets a little bit that swells a. Bit up but certainly in some are you just about walk from boat to Boat Across thompson bay and some of the, other places and, you know you just get on your bike and right out the west end and it's about a twenty kilometer returned.
Speaker 20: Bike ride it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Terrific fun just a couple of THINGS that i raise. WITH you i know you want to talk about the top one, hundred TASTINGS and i want to talk to you also about a story that was in the paper yesterday the great friends of this, radio station the debautally fan and the idea of maybe pulling out some of their beautiful vines for a range. Of reasons we'll get to that in just. A moment i guess in, a sense it's linked to a story that's online at the moment. About smoking that used to be the vice of the so called uber cool if you think about People like Holly go lightly and lots of others over the years of. Plethort are but now is drinking the? New smoking the question is being asked because what we know is less less and, less drinking particularly with, younger people and not.
Speaker 6: Drinking, wine yeah that's that's been a trend for a few, years NOW and i mean it's from a.
Speaker 20: Wine, industry perspective it's sort of a.
Speaker 6: Worrying trend but on the, flip side you know it it is a good thing that people sort of balance their their drinking if they like their wine and, so forth and, you know, drinking.
Speaker 20: Moderation as YOU and i have.
Speaker 6: Certainly followed it's really been, OUR mantra, i think for most of.
Speaker 20: Our lives.
Speaker 6: But, YOU know i think it is that's one of the challenges people are health. CONSCIOUS now, i mean, you know young people in my day and that is a while, ago now but, you know at university AND that I mean Fridays and, saturday nights you went down to your favorite hotel and there was a, band playing and there was, you know he went down there and you had a. Few drinks, these days they go to, the gym and it's a different it's a whole. Different world and part of that has been the drinking of wine has. CERTAINLY fallen i think also There's fewer bayo restaurants where people used to take, their WINE so i think that's contributing. To it and wine in restaurants, is expensive but of.
Speaker 20: Course necessarily so when you think of the.
Speaker 6: Wages and the rents and the cost have. Been greened so there's a whole bunch of things. Happening there and, you know we have spoken about. IT before i think that there is a fundamental shift culturally and the way we live and the way young people are going is sort of putting pressure on. The industry and, You know i've spoken to so many people who certainly believe they've never.
Speaker 20: Seen it so.
Speaker 6: It's TOUGH and i think if you're at the top end you've got obviously, smaller volumes but you're. Doing okay and if you're at the bottom end where they're real vodio, FOR money i think they're probably. Doing okay but if you don't have a brand that really resonates in that sort of, middle range and we're talking maybe twenty five to fifty, dollar racket then it's tough going.
Speaker 20: To sell.
Speaker 1: There's some great winds in.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 1: Space though one of the things that was DISCUSSED a i kept thinking about it, ever since maybe to a month to go on the THREE. A w brickey Program with Ross and russ's the question of whether or not young people are in a position to go out and buy wine at let's say ballpark twenty or twenty five dollars a bottle or a beer and a bottle of wine, for example when and this is the quote from, the program it's pretty much you can go and grab, a pill go dancing my costom twenty dollars and that will last. All. Weekend, YEAH no i mean there.
Speaker 6: IS that i think things have, certainly CHANGED and I mean i, do recall, you know in my younger days.
Speaker 20: With, you know we mainly. Drink beer but if we.
Speaker 6: Wanted wine, quite frankly it was probably a flag and we'd take that and share it amongst ourselves at the local sort Of cheap italian or, You know chinese restaurant. Or whatever it wasn't going to. Cost much we didn't really appreciate the wine because that was, really also to, be fair that was before that whole wine appreciation thing started to really. Catch ON but i think it is expensive now for young people and even people that have JUST left yearni or tertiary or tray they're doing trades.
Speaker 20: Or whatever, you know some of them are carrying.
Speaker 6: Some, significant debt, you KNOW with x fees if you're if you've got a, terchi feed if you're a tradee and whatever you're setting up. YOUR business, i mean there are overheads and costs that need to. Be accommodated so it's it is quite challenging now too for these people to find the. EXTRA cash, i mean, let's faith we all know the cost. Of livings it's it ain't.
Speaker 1: Getting easier it's not getting. Any easy it'll race stay that we're going to. Do this when we, COME back i want to talk to about the top one hundred, tasting points the results coming on to your website very very surely and just locally here, yearing station some real value for money beautiful wines here in the valley will. Do, that Next It's. Australia Overnight ray jorden is wine Writer Extraordinary treasury wines Right A treasury Wine OF. States twa just coincidentally as to what we were, speaking about opened up a new fifteen million dollar in house facility now dedicated to a low and no alcohol. WINE production i guess where, it is but right at the heart Of The. Barossa, valley yeah.
Speaker 6: THAT'S interesting i hadn't heard. About that so they're producing zero, alcohol wine.
Speaker 1: Zero alcohol or very low. Alcohol wine borossit company says the opening spending like about fifteen million dollars, on it so they wouldn't have gone. Into that they talk about the bolstering the Technology Credential South australian wine site following one hundred and sixty five million luxury wine making expansion in twenty, Twenty two so that's a. One side but this is a fifteen million dollar in house facility just dedicated to low and no. Alcohol, ones yeah they've.
Speaker 6: Been dabbling in a sort of lower end alcohol wine for, a WHILE and i think they've got some that come Out Of new zealand. As well, and, yeah look it's always been a problem with the zero alcohol wines is finding the ones that really you want to go and have a second.
Speaker 20: Glass of.
Speaker 6: But there, are SOME and i have done tastings in the past looking, at some and there are some quite quite. Attractive ones certainly some coming Out of germany Are really i've tasted some of those and in the whites especially and they're.
Speaker 20: Very Good so i'm interesting to see what the portfolio.
Speaker 6: Is like i'm actually going to be Over in adelaide next week for an EVENT that i can't say too.
Speaker 20: Much about.
Speaker 1: WELL gone i wish you could because, IT'S inmbargoed, i know but you can't wait for you to tell us. THAT story i don't want to run at. A time let's look at this quality top one hundred. Tasting point this will end up on your you've been doing the tasting top, one hundred and this will land on the website, when.
Speaker 6: Well it's a couple of months away before you can get on, the website but.
Speaker 1: It will.
Speaker 6: I've just been pulling together. The results now we look at about one hundred of, one hundred which it was was about five hundred and fifty wines and it was a. Big tasting these are wines from All over australia selling for fifty dollars, or less so it's sort of in that sweet spot for. Red wine so it's certainly getting close. To fifty there are some really smart. Wines there these are, exceptional value and there are plenty of wines as, you know that are selling well over one hundred and two hundred dollars, a bottle but you can get wines of exceptional quality. At fifty but drilling, further down the thing that struck me most, once again and it's proved a year after years the quality of wine you can get under fifteen dollars certainly under. Twenty dollars but, you know and you know the ones we've talked about in your station's good Friends, to botley so they certainly dominate this value for. Money SECTOR and i would strongly suggest that these wines will appear very strongly in the best. Value wines from, the tasting they just. Acceptable value when you've got a wine it sells for seven dollars a bottle that's full retail and probably discounts. TO five, i mean it's crazy and the wine is.
Speaker 1: Perfectly Good yearing station locally down here in the aravell. Is beautiful they've been doing some fantastic things for. A while but do they represent value worth a mention in terms of that value?
Speaker 6: For, money yeah, they do and they've featured they've featured well in. The TASTING but i did separately are tasting some of their wines and it was a really it was an impressive lineup. Of wines they've Got the gilage range and they've got Their little, yearing range and these are wies. To Sell the billage thirty dollars across, the board the Yet.
Speaker 20: Little yearing about.
Speaker 6: Twenty four and they really offer. TERRIFIC value, i mean in the Shard name, PLEINO noir i mean you're getting a wine of. Certainly pino, you know normally these wines are, hideously expensive but here's a wine that's got. Pino character it fits into the modern style of light, at drinking but still. Got flavor the, Shard, nay okay you're not getting the, powerhouse shards but they're they're really. Very good and both of The ones i've just sided there both are from the twenty, four vintage which was really attractive vintage In The. Ara valley i've seen some terrific stuff coming out, of that and they've got Some interesting one they do have just released Is the sandiavesi Under their, village RANGE and i really like that's if you're looking for a wine that is just great. With food obviously ideally wine, with food but With the italian style, of Food it's sandiavesi is a Terrific for it's one of.
Speaker 1: The, distinctions really we're going to run out, of, Time, Unfortunately bray we've got about. Thirty seconds what are the distinctions? About that, you know when you have the food and the wine mix you don't necessarily do that WITH a i, don't know. A whiskey i know, people can but it's a very different experience when you're mixing something really special in terms of what you might be eating with a really. Interesting.
Speaker 20: Wine, yeah absolutely.
Speaker 6: There's a complementary or, a compact and it's just a matter of how you want to. Do it sometimes one is better than, the other but, you know it's a bit of a black art sometimes doing. The Matching and i'm a bit of a PHILISTINE if i like the WINE and i like. THE food i don't worry too much about. The complexities i'm.
Speaker 1: With you i'm. With you or if people have a look at, the website it's always worth while having a Look at they can do that Where.
Speaker 6: It's ray jordanwine dot com dot au and they'll be will be starting to populate that with plenty of the new releases coming up from.
Speaker 1: By industry you and the good Luck In south australia for the launch of twenty. Twenty five we'll got. The News caroly Cats and barnases with us this morning In Our australia. Overnight newsroom and then the, other side it's your.
Speaker 2: Calls now This Is australia Overnight with. Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are Right, ACROSS australia i have. Your company my Name Is anthony. Robin McManus if you would like to come. And play just reading a little bit more about the Fact That gary lyne has been Honored with Hall of. Fame induction and if you read a little Bit, about gary and many of us will in the next twenty four those of us who love what he what he's certainly done in. The media when you think. About it he makes the point he's been getting away with it for pretty much a, long time about thirty years in. THE media a lot of those players come. And go gary has been one of the stayers for that period of time across each OF the afl is free to wear when you look, at it and CERTAINLY in PayTV Now. FOX footy i think he's WORKED, in am he's WORKED in, FM radio i think, these days does a bit of bricky around the corner at se and various newspaper columns over, the years and his footy mantra when you listen. To him if you break, It down According To, patrick kean who wrote, this piece says it could probably be left ultimately with the one word he values above, all. Others competitiveness. Be competitive as he Enters the Hall, of Fame former, melbourne skipper Two TIMES Blue e, truskett medalist Five Time all australian modestly describes himself as competitive when. He played he says he'd be happy with that as his. Football epitar good on, your Gas, congratulations meredith Morning, In Adelaide high.
Speaker 21: Good, morning tony morning to you.
Speaker 1: This morning really well and getting Better and i'll even be. Better. Tomorrow, meredith oh, that's good honest you when you learn on well a couple of days so you just get knocked around. With this nobody seems to know what. It is dennis has got it, here too and it's just it just makes us, feel well even more dull than we.
Speaker 21: Usually are we can't do much without a voice.
Speaker 1: On radio when you have, no voice you can't really do the job as satisfactorily as you. Would, Like, correct no.
Speaker 21: Not really now you're talking, about.
Speaker 1: Magicians magicians we love a great magician MAGICIAN one I.
Speaker 21: Hope i don't, be said What About.
Speaker 1: David copperfield nobody's Mentioned, copper field, Nobody Yet.
Speaker 21: So i'm pleased you probably would have because he's. Very good it's very vioes the secrets of The The, masked magician and he shows you how they.
Speaker 27: Do some of.
Speaker 1: The, trips yes that was a very One of it was a really sort of insight as to how they would achieve.
Speaker 21: It, all yes how did the? Train disappear how the? Elephant disappear?
Speaker 1: That's right how do you make a? Train disappear, it's.
Speaker 21: INCREDIBLE but i. CAN'T remember i wish i'd bring that sort of.
Speaker 1: Program, back well you'd still you'd still, find it. No doubt but you're talking about free, To, wear telly and you'd still. FIND it i think that presumably you'd be up have you ever? Seen It? Jay is presumably be up on YouTube and those various platforms to have a look at if you wanted to. Find, it yeah they're missing elephants and trains and they're. Just finishing. That's right how did they? Do that do? You think how the heck did they? Do that but it's it's a, wonderful skill and it's an ancient skill in, Many, ways meredith is Your name Robert? Or robin robin ro ob i in as Opposed to Rob. Y in so it's the dish Little bit. Batman's assistant, Thank You. Anthony robin for the LIFE of i don't Know why Mum and Dad decided robin was a. GOOD thing i have. No IDEA and i was named after, My Uncle Anthony, tony ellis who was. A lawyer BUT why, i WAS why, i was why the robin? Came in i'm not.
Speaker 21: Too, sure oh well you'll. Never know let you look up.
Speaker 1: Your, history, well yes maybe everything okay?
Speaker 5: With?
Speaker 1: You meredith, OH yeah i just.
Speaker 21: My too my children have their Birthday, last thursday and THIS mond i. Just gone now they're forty three and. Thirty seven now lovely order one for the forty seven and forty four.
Speaker 1: Forty seven do you remember you've got a forty seven year, Old. CHILD meredith i was a very.
Speaker 21: Young boy Birthday on october and your birthday at the end of.
Speaker 1: THIS month i was coming Up On friday friday.
Speaker 19: The thirties i'm not sending you.
Speaker 21: A card i'll send you one last year and you never.
Speaker 1: Got, IT no i don't KNOW that, I, did meredith but it'll it'll still arrive in.
Speaker 21: The, mail no we'll time you get. IT anyway I hope melbourne win. This weekend, THIS weekend.
Speaker 1: I knew you'd. ASK me i think we go to if we Haven't Got, carlton jay.
Speaker 15: Have we.
Speaker 1: Have we got?
Speaker 10: To?
Speaker 21: BUY oh? I, Playing oh we're going down To tame laine and.
Speaker 1: Play, awfull yeah you'll be good. Down me i'd.
Speaker 21: Love to i'd love to Go to. Tays money but the only thing that stops, his mummy well it's often.
Speaker 1: The thing, but gee if you get to, do it if you save a few bigies and you get on the bird and have five or six days down in that part of. The world you come back and talking about it for.
Speaker 21: My Son and august is off to valley and then he's it's begging eleven. As were then he's Over to thailand with. A friend he's going for, a fortnite so he's looking forward. To it coming Back. In november he's going through his big operation where he's getting some of his flabby lab cut off because. He's lot had that half stomach taken it you? Lose?
Speaker 1: Weight? Yeah sure has? That, helped yes he's.
Speaker 21: Gone from ex extra large down to. A small oh.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic do you think You.
Speaker 21: And god you got found Old burr gin used to wear anything That, beat. Yeah everything and then.
Speaker 1: Does do you say does He feel does he say he? Feels?
Speaker 21: Better meredith, oh Yeah but billy you take him out from, Me, talk well you've got to give him a kid the Meal many billy get.
Speaker 1: Through that well, done you well, Done. Him meredith that's always good to hear. You voice thank you for being part of. The program see you Made By ian Michael For jen covid, Covid, covid jen how are? You feeling did j tell you.
Speaker 28: Feeling a bit cook and you've been a bit. Croke too have you tested yourself?
Speaker 1: A coat i have a couple, of times just to make sure you get that one where. That does it's like three for the price of one of, those days the three for the old negative. Negative negative.
Speaker 29: And you're talking.
Speaker 1: About magicians why only because why did magicians? COME up i have. No IDEA sometimes i just write, down notes so no. PARTICULAR reason i tell you WHY because I think i Read That. Man drake Anybody Remember. MAN drake i was just.
Speaker 23: Going to TALK about i was just going To Mention, Man drake well that.
Speaker 1: Began in the very, early thirties.
Speaker 30: Nineteen, thirties yes Well the herald in the, olden days and you Know, and Herald the herald.
Speaker 18: On.
Speaker 31: THE back i didt section forgot all of these these tunes or the, strip cartoons and about fourth or fifth Down Was man drake.
Speaker 28: The, MAGICIAN now i think you were talking about cartoons the, other night which. REMINDED me i, was thinking those are the CARTOONS that i used to Wait for dad to come home with. The, paper yeah we did get the PAPER and i would read all of the cartoons on the back.
Speaker 32: But that's NOT what.
Speaker 1: I rang that's NOT what. I rang just just before you, move on the had a discussion with this in the last week. Or so there was a cartoon on THE back i can't remember it was on the back of, the son on the back of The. The herald was It called wally In?
Speaker 33: The?
Speaker 1: Major, oh yes There was wally In.
Speaker 11: THE major.
Speaker 28: I think that was in the. SUN pictorial i don't think that was On.
Speaker 1: The, herald okay the if, You reckon if you reckon IT was i bet. It Was, then jane you'd be right at the.
Speaker 28: Top OF the i can't remember what the top. Cartoon was but going down There, was garth there Was, man drake There was Ben, bo yang there was.
Speaker 34: There.
Speaker 28: Was something, oh look my brain's not working too well at, the MOMENT and i where do YOU?
Speaker 1: Have covid who are you Allowed.
Speaker 28: To that's one of THE things i want to use the magnifics and high mind of the THREE a. W listeners i have, a pain a very nasty pain in my eye that AS a curvid symptom were behind?
Speaker 1: The, eye yeah as a SYMPTOM, of, covid well.
Speaker 28: Not, behind well it's in. THE eye.
Speaker 35: I woke up this afternoon.
Speaker 28: After sleeping we've got up to go and have.
Speaker 36: My.
Speaker 28: TABLETS and i opened my eyes and my eyes were, just stinging, really really as though someone had tipped, you know acid into.
Speaker 37: The eye.
Speaker 28: That bad it's.
Speaker 23: Really awful how is?
Speaker 38: It, NOW well i do have, some.
Speaker 28: Drops like just seileene. Arms REACH so i pumped about ten drops into the eye that, was worse and two or three drops into the other one and lay there for another HOUR before i got up and went and had my. Anti virals, and yes it's believed it so it's obviously not something that is physically there's not you there's. No injury it's just some horrible nerve reaction or.
Speaker 1: Or something maybe it's part of.
Speaker 15: That, else, well yeah That's what.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking we'll put it out to the listener and they can they can, tell us and, everybody says and you'll. Hear this there's a lot of it, going around a lot of it.
Speaker 15: Going around there's a new strain.
Speaker 1: Apparently there apparently, There is like we need a new strain of a strain that we didn't want in the. First place we didn't want the. Old strain let a new bloody. Strain chair always good. To chat you look, At yourself take care and we'll talk again in the next. Few days come and. Join us one double three six. Nine three It is, australia everynight and the text line pointing out zero four double seven six nine three six nine three pointing out The Great matthew hayden being inducted INTO The icc Hall of fame yesterday. As well it's been a, busy one so we'll look at that. As, Well Now Justin, In Frankston, now jay? ARE you i forgot to tell You That justin jay is sending us not, one hundred not, two hundred but two hundred and fifty thousand dollars which YOU and i can share and then give away at will to people when, we think, you know they need. Some help he's fording two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to add to. Our philanthropy what a. Great bloke so if you give me your share and that would be. Just fine. Thank you, Justin morning.
Speaker 39: Good Morning.
Speaker 23: Tiny mac how are you?
Speaker 26: My mate?
Speaker 40: You?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 23: Okay yeah how is how is your?
Speaker 29: Just?
Speaker 20: Day weekend just hovering a it.
Speaker 1: Was dreadful thank you.
Speaker 27: For, ASKING yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't get up too. Much, anyway Well because melbourne got beaten by a Point by Collingwood. On, monday yeah well at.
Speaker 23: One, point, yeah well my team's sitting pretty good at. The moment i'm thinking they're about fourth. Or, fifth.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe you should go and do some training. With them.
Speaker 23: Well YOU think i should give up my quarter of a million dollars to playing for?
Speaker 1: Too, long yeah, you should just, you know because they maybe you could go and support them in terms of motivation.
Speaker 7: And What is?
Speaker 23: Jay THING because I Said i i'm giving them two hundred and fifty OTHER and i don't think he's going to. Like THAT if i go Down.
Speaker 1: To, geelong no that'd, be fine it'd. Be, wonderful now just bring people up to date with your injuries so we know where.
Speaker 23: We, sit okay SO my acl is nearing one. Hundred percent i've got another session of. Accupunture tomorrow today actually Been.
Speaker 10: The.
Speaker 1: Wednesday Yep so i'll tell you what's amazing ABOUT. This ACL this acl recovery is now officially been designated as the QUICKEST repairing acl in the history of. Sports, medicine YEAH well.
Speaker 29: I didn't i didn't actually damage. IT bad I mean i actually it didn't come off. The bone it JUST when i had, DONE it i actually heard something in my LEG and i went to the doctor. Straight away that's when, he said you've done, your acl but not.
Speaker 20: And the worst.
Speaker 23: Way possible. YOU know i haven't torn it off the bone.
Speaker 1: Or anything, thank goodness that's.
Speaker 41: Been, determined YES and i hope you've got some romantic music there, for Me because i've got some really exciting music to.
Speaker 1: Tell, you yes. We have now it is just to do with, old partner new partner or something on.
Speaker 23: The, horizon, no well well you might want to play that MUSIC because i have found.
Speaker 22: The love of.
Speaker 6: My life oh this.
Speaker 1: Is fantastic ladies, and gentlemen here. We go set. The tone who it is and what's this? Person's name so her.
Speaker 23: First Name is carly Cr L, Y, carly yes love.
Speaker 1: The, name.
Speaker 42: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Well montey she Lives.
Speaker 1: In frankston and oh so you met because You're in frankston these days.
Speaker 23: As, well, no well she actually is my next, door neighbor little.
Speaker 1: Bit handy little. Bin handy we. Love, that yeah So, she's yes.
Speaker 23: She Goes, for geelong so we, have both, you Know both. Geelong supporters and she played basketball.
Speaker 1: Too fantastic so a Basketball at geelong supporter and lives Next. Door carly yeh? Does she i'm just hoping that her Surname. Is, simon, no, no, NO no i don't know her.
Speaker 38: Last name i'm not going to.
Speaker 20: Ask her but YOU know i, respect respect so you so.
Speaker 1: You haven't asked. Her surname.
Speaker 23: THAT'S no i know, her SURNAME but. I don't i don't want to say.
Speaker 1: It, On, no no, you should.
Speaker 23: Because YOU know i want to respect.
Speaker 1: My, elder yes it might be a little embarrassing if she didn't want the message to get out now so early in. Your, relationship YES and.
Speaker 23: I had my previous game, of basketball, right yeah.
Speaker 22: A top score that's.
Speaker 1: Twenty, eight points forty. Eight, points YES.
Speaker 23: Named, mvp ah this is just.
Speaker 1: This kids so when was? This game this Was. On saturday so this is all what you HAD An, acl yep there is just no stopping. It now JAY and i, are wondering As. Is Jackson because jackson is only here On The thursday, friday morning so he wants his slice of the two hundred. AND fifty i go down to my little booth here at THREE. O wc my little little box the. Little box see this two two and fifty, thousand dollars and that hasn't arrived, as, yet justin would you like my?
Speaker 43: Background, details well the, Thing is i'm going to hand, the cash go TO three aw radio station itself and hand it to you.
Speaker 1: In person we could have a. Photographic, Opportunity YES and I hope.
Speaker 23: Jay's listening, to this because not ONLY am i donating two hundred and, FIFTY thousand i am going to, double it double it four hundred and.
Speaker 26: Fifty.
Speaker 1: Thousand four we're going to. Double it we're going to double two hundred and. Fifty thousand it comes out of four hundred and. Fifty thousand that's not, great, math YES but i think we know where. It, Is yes so that's a very. Kind jest so we should alert. The media we might get somebody from, the age and then we could have a picture of you handing over. The, cash.
Speaker 23: Definitely YEP and i am personally going to give it To you Jay.
Speaker 1: And jackson Jacksons and lovely would be very. Very excited and so now you sure you don't want my personal, Banking details i'm happy to. Provide, them, no, NO.
Speaker 23: No i respect your, personal DETAILS but i would give it to you, in person and Then you Jay and jackson can give it out to people who really need it.
Speaker 1: The moment we'll dispose of it on your behalf in. Your, name.
Speaker 26: Yes.
Speaker 23: Definitely yeah and it's going to people that really, need it like if they need bills to pay. Or, Anything yes i'm more than happy to.
Speaker 29: Do.
Speaker 1: It justin i'll tell. You what you're a good man and voted best player last week WITH an acl and the money's pouring it and a. New relationship it's very. Very Exciting, RUPEES no i think they're. Real dollars carli lives. Next door there is no, buffer Zone, so tony that's a very Good. Point tony by way of A text justine, who says have you got a? Buffer zone what's your? Get out it makes Sense to justin can afford two hundred and fifty thou being on an elite top grade footballer, and basketballer. AMAZING skills i know we are all. Very impressed we will do this when we. Come back your Calls On. Australia Overnight i'm. Tony McManus, Good Morning Sue. In clayton Welcome To. Australia Overnight Se Hi hi. Tony morning, i'm well thank.
Speaker 36: YOU excellent i wish to comment on two magicians who have already. Been mentioned, please do.
Speaker 1: Please do the only reason that we mentioned magicians IS as i Mentioned That man drake the the comic strip first In The, united states so that he was nineteen. Thirty four for those old enough To Remember man Drake, The, Magician well.
Speaker 21: I've never heard, of him but.
Speaker 1: You've never Heard Of.
Speaker 40: Man drake, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So where have? You Been? Man drake ris was like one of the big cartoons when we were. Growing, Up.
Speaker 36: No, I'M sorry i do.
Speaker 44: Not recall.
Speaker 36: Sorry. About THAT may i talk about the two MAGICIANS whom i want to, comment on please.
Speaker 40: Please, do firstly The.
Speaker 36: BRILLIANT coventino i saw him a couple of months Ago At Frankston.
Speaker 15: Art center, oh, Great yes.
Speaker 36: I've written down a few THINGS if, i MAY whilst i was waiting To some please, you, did yes. A great he's got a great sense of. This actrial he's, so charismatic has such a, magnetic presence. Phenomenal talent He did he did this water tank. Livitation trick he was tied up and chained up at one point and he had to select amongst he had had to choose the right. KEY amongst i. Don't know it looked like at least there were about twenty or thirty keys just in time, before before before his life.
Speaker 29: Was going to be.
Speaker 36: In danger, and YEAH and i was also very impressed with the music selection that he, had chosen which accompanied his incredible. Magic tricks it was truly. Truly enthralling AND and i remember.
Speaker 21: All of us.
Speaker 45: THE audience.
Speaker 36: I just picked up from the audience that we were just simply blown away. And STUNNED and i remember him also as a Contestant on dancing With. The styles i'm not sure whether you, Remember That, TONY no.
Speaker 1: I don't but he was Certainly On Hey. It's saturday was his very first one of, his well one of his very first Appearances. ON hey.
Speaker 36: I don't, Remember Him, HEY hey i remember him on Was It Australia's? Got talent that's, The one and he came and it came second to this young boy at the time forgot, his name a, BLONDEHEAD kid i was about thirteen. Or fourteen, He sang i've gotten. His name, i'm sorry but he. Came second coventino FROM what, i recall and that was the.
Speaker 1: One where He did he did a whole lot. Of locks he, was very. Very clever really an illusion routine advanced to the competition. Early press for, the judges he performed an escape act in which he had to pick nine locks while completely submerged in the tank.
Speaker 15: Of water, that's right he.
Speaker 36: Did that he did that at At Frank. Stinaut center that was one of. His, acts, yes incredible just really really he had us on the edge of, our seats AND so i wish, TO yeah i just wanted to.
Speaker 1: Mention that and he Went to wesley Here. In Melbourne. Wesley, college boy he Went To. Wesley college, oh, really yeah, OH wow i did not.
Speaker 40: Know that.
Speaker 23: And we were dancing with the stars.
Speaker 36: As concerned he wanted one of for that for.
Speaker 1: That, year oh congratulations. To him and who's your? Other favorite.
Speaker 40: I'm not sure.
Speaker 36: THAT well i remember some of HIS brilliant. Tv Specials, David, copperfield.
Speaker 1: Oh yes copperfield and he and he.
Speaker 36: Was associated at one Time With.
Speaker 1: CLAUDIA schiffer i think they were an item for a, little while. Weren't, They YES and i remember reading they went they held, HANDS.
Speaker 36: Anyway i remember reading in one magazine article that at the time when they.
Speaker 40: Were, together yes there.
Speaker 36: There was there were some who were cynical, about it and they made very unkind REMARKS which i did. Not like or one of them said that it was his greatest Trep In brethins stories Relationship With, claudia SCHEFF which i thought was. Very unkind but as a magician he was he was. QUITE brilliant i ENJOYED his tv specials and they should bring, them back THESE wonderful.
Speaker 7: Tv, SPECIALS yeah i think you're right.
Speaker 1: ABOUT that a lot of people have said, That earlier sue and you, spot on thank you for your a, great call are YOU spot i think that that's Sort of it's such iconic entertainment and. It's fundamental it's, just entertainment, AND people i think are craving that level. Of entertainment whether or not you can sustain it these days AS a, Tv program i'm. Not sure that's why people probably choose to drift away and explore that sort, of material because you can these days on platforms like YouTube and just type it in and zillions of opportunities come up from around. The world so it's a great world in which we now. Live, In, Adelaide, hello, James, mate well thank you everybody asked me. That note for, The record, i'm fantastic.
Speaker 19: Thank, you yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Good MATE yesterday i had bad, line right and it was really weird because it was difficult to understand what you were saying and the bad. Line disappeared were you driving at?
Speaker 16: That? POINT yeah i was actually driving Or Me centennial park and if, you do you know what?
Speaker 21: That?
Speaker 16: Isn't yeah And on oh it's a continuation of good rebot put it that way.
Speaker 11: Heading.
Speaker 16: South Yeah, DOLLY parton i don't know many people, know this but she does a her rendition of stay? What happened believe?
Speaker 1: Or not Who Does?
Speaker 16: Dolly parton or does?
Speaker 10: She?
Speaker 27: Really yes?
Speaker 16: What happened and probably my favorite SONG Is I Like. Naughty girls she's a little bit more in this song that's taught Outside.
Speaker 1: Your door Outside your door wrote, that down so we're gonna find that a bit.
Speaker 20: Later on and one.
Speaker 16: Other one see you guess this this this particular, musician right She Dated, dudley moore not me, SAYING dirty i flight, DIRTY fat i, should, Say yeah George, Best Ringoes. SEAN connery i can name quite a. FEW more i say, guild today.
Speaker 1: A girl having. A, birthday yeah, physician.
Speaker 16: Obviously, but yeah it's her. Birthday today and, She said I'll guess i'll never. Get married my first love will always. Be music.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking from? What, vintage.
Speaker 16: Uh Seventies.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 1: Lindsey DePaul that's the one that's.
Speaker 33: Butt.
Speaker 17: On, yeah, WOW.
Speaker 19: Yeah i did not.
Speaker 16: Know that you look, up ye if you look up her, personal life it's got a lot MORE than. I, mentioned yeah so, and yes she ever never. Got married, tay SINGLE which i, Always.
Speaker 1: Say well she's sixty six when. She died she passed away in. Twenty fourteen she's born on this day in nineteen, forty eight so no. With us but when you think about that big hit Was A, SUGAR me i think the other one was she co Wrote blue berry bluesbek Hit two dancing On A. Saturday night so really gift.
Speaker 16: And talented but, you know my favorite is that Of hers tony, favorite song Beautiful song may and It's Called.
Speaker 8: Taste Me.
Speaker 1: Taste me i'm, never studying just SWEATING the i have to think. About that.
Speaker 16: It's brilliant it's a. Brilliant song it's actually a. Clean song so if you're thinking it's a naughty song or that you can't play, on there you can't, play it then.
Speaker 1: Trust, me okay good on, Your mate, Thank. You james we're going to have a fund and have listened to it. A day wore, a yollick, good morning good. Morning mate here, You, Go, dave well, thank you.
Speaker 15: Thanks.
Speaker 12: BABY copperfield i don't think he was.
Speaker 45: A magician he wasn't.
Speaker 1: The, illusionist yeah it's subtle but. Important distinction, but yes.
Speaker 19: You're, right yeah that's why they can make elephants and.
Speaker 20: Trains, dispair yes as.
Speaker 1: You do you get up in the morning, and, Go well i'm going to make this. Train, disappear yeah an illusionist probably better DESCRIBES the dna of.
Speaker 20: Their, act yeah especially. Copper, piled yeah but you're.
Speaker 1: Notwithstanding that, you go, oh wow how do they?
Speaker 20: Do that, that's amazing very.
Speaker 1: Very clever totally is what's happening in your part of. The world dave.
Speaker 11: Des quite ready to get up for, work tomorrow and so.
Speaker 1: What time does that alarm go.
Speaker 20: Depends on WHAT time i want to.
Speaker 1: Get up that's. Pretty cash just so you don't even set the alarm and just sorry A bit i meant will do a BIT of i didn't mean to, say that. FORGIVE me i didn't mean to, Say, that god we'll do a bit. OF reading i meant, to, say sorry we've because we're out of. Delay NOW so i had to. Dump myself that's the first time in forty Five years i've had to. Excuse me i've had to. Dumb myself that's shocking what's gone. Into me, I'm, sorry god. Stranger overnight there. You go that's. A first. Forgive me and there's a great old routine we used to do years ago about two people that move into, the bush AND so i automatically went to do a little bit of, that routine and then without THINKING where, I was i used the word inside that ROUTINE that i can use when you're doing, a show but you can't do that when you're alive. On radio and so that's the First time i've had to. Dump, Myself sorry i'll never do. That again famous five a great front page picture of. The age today football inductees are playing The Great aaron phillips, looking. Great Fantastic nick rewold also. Looks Wonderful gary lyon sitting in the chair Next To daisy Pierce And luky hodge all Into the Hall. Of fame it's a. Wonderful photo and the other Headline is catholic schools launch fight back. Over discipline, it's interesting it's back in. The news students will face stricter. Disciplinary Regime Melbourne catholic schools in a bit to reclaim the classroom from, social media, unruly behavior inattention. And, disrespect, well. Yeah absolutely The Archdis catholic Schools in victoria will announce a new vision for engagement covers its two hundred ninety schools one hundred and eighteen students today the eighteen age the according To the Age The Age SCHOOL. Summit cbd new framework will be based on the principles of explicit instructions adopted by all Of The max Schools, for maths reading and writing. Last year will aim to make respectful student behavior its. Core focus were, you WONDERING as, i am why it was even released in the. First place it didn't make sense to many. Of us text ending in, sixty seven at least the show was entertaining Our first justine and then the host forgets to. Dumb himself, thank you, Well Done. Claire constantino Afternoons With tony. MOCLAIR was i didn't, know that but thank you. FOR that a special Guest With tony Moclair's program sue might be interested in looking. It up there's also a wonderful Photo with constantino and The Wonderful tony moclaire.
Speaker 20: Is.
Speaker 1: To justin he's been through a lot and now he's in the position. To donate how much is he sending that four hundred and fifty thousand to the two of us for our philanthropic, you know a? Philanthropic Work, Jay, Leo Morning. Tony leo that's The one Tony. Speaking leo oh, That.
Speaker 40: Quick tony i'm just trying to find a cup of natal From the victorian commentators on. THE football i think there's one day what's, His name shane McGinnis is one.
Speaker 1: Of them shane McGinnis is The great shane McGinnis here at, three.
Speaker 40: Yes and the other one his, second Day the hudson that's his for it is.
Speaker 1: No hallo he is The Great. Anthony hudson Who Is Anthony Anthony hudson and he started work here at three A w he was only ten when.
Speaker 40: He, started oh some people have got, The, gift tony and some people lucky.
Speaker 1: And he was reading the news of the late night news here on THREE. A w and then his voice broke and.
Speaker 40: It all, Went, That, YEAH tony i just Talking ABOUT but i don't mind talking about it Nowadays because i'm a. Lot OLDER when i was a, YOUNG lad i wouldn't talk. ABOUT it i wouldn't talk about, Him. Once TONIO maybe i felt. About IT but i wasn't too good, at school you KNOW what, I. Mean tony? Weren't, You, NO NO i i was in a, special class?
Speaker 1: Were you and so when, you think if you're writing the, book Now, then leo what were? The challenges why do? You think why do you think that you weren't your heart and soul, wasn't there that you? Were, distracted well.
Speaker 40: It grew a bit. Of tight i'll. EXPLAINED that i want to tell, you too tell you well what It. Was TONY when i was about ten, years old ten or eleven, years old hear and catch that school, for free and they found out and then they send a letter to my mother and father to Say that i'm a hearing problem and THAT'S why i. DIDN'T learn i didn't really learn. My studies, but anyway tell Me what i'm trying to SAY is i left school and, all that and, blieve me TELL me i was called some awful names at SCHOOL when i was. A kid, you know that's. A lot that's just part. Of life, that's okay that's just not but that's the way. It is and you know't TELL you i don't be good in. The LIFE and i, YOU know i had friends. OF mine i went to. High school this made fun of ME because i was in a special class and put me down and all that's what. That's takes but you ain't tell YOU what i was sixteen, years awage they recolle would get. My LICENSE my i can read write a little bit, even now they tell them not. Too bad, And, anyway TONY so i went for my learners. AND explained i explained in the place and, he said, no worries so you know what they mean and all that sort. Of, Stuff, ANYWAY toddy i you can't get my learner spread SHOT and i got, my, drums like.
Speaker 1: Oh good you just let me ask you this when, you so what did you do when you? Left school what did?
Speaker 38: You?
Speaker 40: DO daddy i was just A labor but to, be honest When, YOU'RE toddy i did jobs where people want to Walk LIKE but i TOLD you i. Wasn't educated you KNOW what, I? Mean, toddy yeah but. You listen you don't have to be a pillow doorphy lord and get anywhere.
Speaker 1: He goes, You.
Speaker 20: Don't toddy you've done.
Speaker 1: Very well you've done. Very well can you can you? Read? Happily now you can happily read a book or read? The, NEWSPAPER oh i.
Speaker 40: Can READ when i read read the football ONE sound i would when? They football what happened? On us i'm not, Too? Bad toddy but, uh yeah but what's? To say i've done? All right ob. Young house i've got a wife and, two KIDS so i have got. Too bad eat my friends. Every day And then i'll bring it up to him, and say remember when used to ROB IT mesi, i SAID if i was smart, to you how far would?
Speaker 5: Have?
Speaker 1: Gone there you go? Exactly right so very, Good. Point leo it's always a joy to talk. To You, and leo by, the way you always welcome on this program because you just bring a bit of life and energy to the program which is, absolutely engaging and For that i'm. Most grateful we'll. Do this we'll get A, little dolly A little dolly just around. The corner given that we're Talking About dolly partner yesterday and a TRACK that i have, Not heard jay tells me it's well worth. A listen we'll do. That next because we're Talking About dolly. Partner yesterday as, somebody mentioned then we have. Found this This is dolly with her version of All things Stairway. To heaven it's just that.
Speaker 2: Bringing, Day, yes, dad pad you, go by but in the mom.
Speaker 1: There's still some time to.
Speaker 16: Change road.
Speaker 1: What makes me wonder.
Speaker 4: Your head, Is harmon andy walk go in case you don't know the, piper's calling you?
Speaker 1: Join him can you eat?
Speaker 22: Your window and did you know you're stowing.
Speaker 4: Light upon whistla.
Speaker 43: Sallad.
Speaker 24: He salet.
Speaker 4: You get by to get broad we by.
Speaker 1: The walk it's th when you think, about it a remin you can't do over the many many decades for a, Wonderful, career dolly pardon when we come back after. The news we. Love trash We Love, rick milne antiques. And collectibles you can go make yourself. A kappa think about what you might have in the top, cup board what you may have in the third. Draw down what do you know is sitting out in the back of, the garage the shed there that you think, what's that wonder what that might? Be worth approximately all things will be answered when we come. Back Here, rick milne you can join us one double three six. Nine three it's a big Part of australia over. An eyes.
Speaker 2: It Is australia Overnight with. TINY McManus.
Speaker 1: I love it when people send little notes from around the world wherever you. Are listening from from where you might, be listening you can always send a. Little email it's overnight's at three aw dot Com. Dot au when people go traveling around, the world they often send a. Little note no respond to them during. The Day jeff wright's normally, in Bazy But Jeff wrights tony mc thank you. Very much we've had a really couple of big days running on fumes at. The moment just visited the Shale and buddhist temple was mind blowing and our trip adeal holiday has been so. Far fantastic the things we've seen in experience are once in a. Lifetime Thing. Thanks tone That's. From jeff, Well. Done jeff please to know that you're there and listening and enjoying. The Break Sue Sunbreak, Morning.
Speaker 46: Hi tellny how are you?
Speaker 1: Really? Well sue thank you.
Speaker 46: To, You yes i'm bringing you IN case i don't bring you before your Birthday, and FRIDAY and i want to wish you all of, that happiness your, special birthday, whatever, day whatever whatever there.
Speaker 1: Is there. Thank you it's a it's a it's not an end one that ends. In zero let's just, Say. That sue but. It's not.
Speaker 7: You're not quite, there yet not quite, there, yet true but.
Speaker 1: Thank you that's. Very kind And it's friday. The thirteenth and here's. The, thing historically when the birthday lands On a friday, the thirteenth it's usually an amazing HIDDEN well i CAN always I think i can say it's always been an amazing. Twelve, months, yeah yeah when it Lands on friday, the thirteenth.
Speaker 46: Which, is good which, is good it's been it's something that's set.
Speaker 1: Up luck maybe. It is maybe it is the FIRST time i realized it was so good AS when i want tickets it was A three ak promotion back in the day and one tickets in the early seventies to go And See Jesus christ Superstar With johnny Wish And.
Speaker 7: Trevor white that was an excellent at.
Speaker 1: The old walsh's Store In. Burke, street, Oh Gosh.
Speaker 23: Walton. Walters, STORE no i think.
Speaker 1: IT was I think i'm going, TO say i think It Was Walsh's, men's wear which was which was across the Road from what was the store that was next? To my was that That Was?
Speaker 40: David, jones, no.
Speaker 1: Well It Was david, Jones there but what? Was it what was it that? Building before was that what was in that? Building Before? David Jones. Not georgia's george's was Further Up. Colin, street, oh yes it?
Speaker 22: Was my oh Was?
Speaker 1: It buckley's Was It buckley and that?
Speaker 21: Was?
Speaker 1: It, Buckley's oh Buckley. And, nunn, remember sure that was the store next. To, my anyway, We Digress so walshes was across the road and then IT became i think it became a Bar after walshes got out. Of there, from memory it became a.
Speaker 15: Big. BAR oh i.
Speaker 23: Worked in the city for.
Speaker 47: SO long i can only remember going To My david JONES and, i Loved Loved.
Speaker 1: George george's was it was? Very special Wasn't?
Speaker 47: It georgie's you used to love Going there on what Day was?
Speaker 37: Boxing Day? Boxing day.
Speaker 1: Would they Open On boxing day in, those days? Were, they, Oh yes.
Speaker 23: Christmas after.
Speaker 46: Christmas days you know it's going, for, years years.
Speaker 34: All those sales as LONG as i.
Speaker 1: CAN remember i Don't Remember boxing day, as things but certainly those those sales, THAT well i suppose that Was The boxing day when people would line up, for hours very early in the morning to race Into my remember, those, days, yes so.
Speaker 23: But ME do i remember it?
Speaker 47: SO well i took my sister because she, loved mine she loved, Not Mine david jones and all those good stores and if she went Into buy lingerie and all the expensive stuff she loved AND and, I said biggy was Going.
Speaker 39: To georgia so we Were in georgia's for.
Speaker 46: Hours, hours.
Speaker 15: Thought these glasses, are beautiful crystal.
Speaker 39: Crystal glasses.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful you always felt a bit Special.
Speaker 47: In, GEORGE'S yeah, i KNOW but i wrapped they wrapped.
Speaker 46: THEM up i think they're wrapped.
Speaker 23: Up well on the, way home two of.
Speaker 1: Them broke oh don't you? Hate, That okay so did You See gary lyon was inducted last night Into the Hall. Of, FAME no i didn't see it inducted Into the Hall of fame.
Speaker 46: Last night, good, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Great fantastic fantastic For.
Speaker 47: A gary he was one of my HEROES when i used to love going THE always, i, went oh we used to go regular to.
Speaker 1: The, game yeah have we got over the pain yet of the loss on f On? The monday now It'll take i'm, with you it'll it'll take a. Little while so going to love you and leave you Because It's rick milne antiques and collectible, five o'clock it.
Speaker 3: Won't work and then no, Towel phone.
Speaker 8: I've broken umbraa a, rusty TROMBONE.
Speaker 43: And i am delighted the skull OF my i love because.
Speaker 1: They're trash oh, Love trash we do. Love it we love. Trash you it is the one and Only a Ricado, A Milan, No rick, Good morning Buckley.
Speaker 17: And nunn there was a there was a saying You had. Buckley's chance you Either had buckley's chance or none but? A chance was that related to The b Buckley And nunn Buckley's hope and We had buckley's chance or?
Speaker 1: No chance and that was that was the link to that expression came from the shopping the, shop itself?
Speaker 15: Did?
Speaker 1: IT god i love. That story if it's true He's.
Speaker 17: Got buckley so meaning You had buckley's or your. HEAD none.
Speaker 1: I always thought, it was and then someone once tried to correct me, on it saying it the expression Itself predated buckley and none. THE shop i.
Speaker 20: Doubt it.
Speaker 17: I've always believed that was the case, that well. AS did i can always be proven wrong when even when we know the.
Speaker 20: Truth and we.
Speaker 1: Were, toured now would you have sat up On The king's birthday afternoon and watch the Game between Collingwood. And melbourne.
Speaker 17: We won't talk, About, that no.
Speaker 27: We.
Speaker 17: Won't no and if If you forthward had only realized that there was somebody in the goal square, totally Unmarked don't And if brisbote that hadn't kicked eight behind in a row in the, last quarter anything could. Have happened they would have won. That one but this, little if it's the longest word in the in the the longest and most meaningful word in the, entire language.
Speaker 15: Is if.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 17: It was, in fact there's a race, horse Called and i've used, this often it Was called wood could have should have A great i use that with all. MY friends, i SAY. W c wood, could have, should have?
Speaker 1: Should have and we love the game each and everyone who had. Fall away we, love it but there are times when it just rips your.
Speaker 17: Herder part it's a bit it's a bit of a bit. OF blow. I, know listen every team has suffered at one stage, or another except that seems to happen less to that team than. Most others they seemed to sneak. Sneak by they just seem to get those. Both games they just seem to.
Speaker 1: Win, them yeah. They do it's always good to have you on. The program we'll get the board crankeed up in just. A moment if you have something here you would like to share with The Great, rick milner you can do. That now one double three six.' nine three you'll get. On straight away one double three. Six nine three anything that's, in your collection anything you would like some thoughts. And ideas about we'll do that next and. Take your calls one double three. Six nine Three rick mill, antiques and collectibles very Important Part, of australia overnight. Great heavy company let's take a couple of calls and we'll have a look at what's on and some of the things for which people might be or you might be looking. For as Well rick Saginated Paul. IN melbourne, Town, i, Like paul.
Speaker 48: Morning i've just Finished work and. I'm WIDE awake so i had to ask a question that's been on my.
Speaker 39: Brain for the.
Speaker 48: Last twelve Hours so the lego set that's just been Released, for the simpsons Which Is a. Krusty BURGER restaurant so i went into The Store at doncaster westfield the other and they, had one, left just one and, she was like you. Should buy, it, i'm like yeah but it's three hundred. And Fifty dollars now i'm not into, collectible so much but my partner said you should buy it and hold, on to it, don't open it shell it and. Make A profit but i've. Got no idea HOW long would i have to hold on to it for it to.
Speaker 17: Increase in price it doesn't seem but it doesn't see to be that, Long, THESE days paul i have to turn. Differently a year i'll put the way for a year and pull it out and you'll you'll be surprised what. It might bring it's. An amazing thing is?
Speaker 20: It a casion.
Speaker 17: And because, Your partner's right i'd.
Speaker 1: Be doing.
Speaker 17: It that's see once, you open, them of course. They're No longer mint box, will call, them You know and i'd be just. Putting it away just buy it.
Speaker 48: And, put, it Away yeah because i'm Not really, a LEGO person and i could buy, a SECOND one but i don't.
Speaker 38: Really want TO but then i hold on.
Speaker 17: To it away but just buy one and put it away and.
Speaker 16: See what HAPPENS just do? I, be doing, Okay, good idea okay give.
Speaker 1: It a try Could, only which yeah it's what a great call and just one OF the, fascination i MEAN is there tv shows That?
Speaker 17: Feature enormously yeah and can you believe we had a Product here In, australia before lego Or at least lego has been around for a, very long time but we had a we had a Product here In Australia called BUILDER BRICKS B I l D A B r i x now or it could, make were houses but they Were. Pieces of lego they were but. They were hard they were they were hard plastic and you could just build a house and they have little bits of cardboard for where the windows and. The doors were but you could. Build build houses and there, was a similar similar. Version TO it but i do understand That that the swedish company has been around since way.
Speaker 1: Way, way way, Back, long time yeah.
Speaker 17: Way way, back so yeah that's. An interesting call isn't it think cool that he's not a he's not a he's just like to put it away Just FOR the and i tell you that that will be worth more in in.
Speaker 20: A Year's?
Speaker 1: Time, is mcano well WHEN you and i used? To call Mcano is that john? By the wayside is that? Still?
Speaker 17: A thing, no it, is it is it tends to be. For older. PEOPLE it's, changed i mean the world is the world is. Changing very rapidly and where once, up a time young people used to sit and look, At the television now young people don't look at the television at all because they've got it. On various devices now they, get streaming. Devices other things things have changed dramatically and in terms of. Lots OF things and i have To say that marcano tends to be collected. By older people and is? IT pretty funny i was PRETTY hopeless that i could build a stick figure and for that you an't ne.
Speaker 10: Need a.
Speaker 17: MARCANO number one i had a cousin who. Became an engineer he built Things Like The. Sydney harbor bridge but he had to have a set that was probably about a number, eight or nine and if you, were exceedingly rich you would have, a number ten which came in a sort of a little cabinet with about. Four different drawers that was for the richest. Of rich kids but there is. A different market that is. A different market it's. For older people young people have never.
Speaker 40: Heard of it.
Speaker 17: That's largely BECAUSE of. The tv, exposure of course that's made, a massive. Difference massive difference it always does things that appear on television or on in mass mediaf can we? Call it THAT look where i am happened To be in britain. At the moment there are two. Ice cream carts one has, nobody at it the other one has bluey on the top of the cart and the people. Lining up together the product is, exactly the same but blue. There we go.
Speaker 13: Blueing is the.
Speaker 17: Is an kind of equivalent to Some. Degree with lego it's just a thing that's just captured people's imagination and that its and, it's the young basically the young who, are the drivers and of course they take their parents with them and. For the ride so that's how. It all works and those two in particular.
Speaker 1: Are, Just phenomenal rick it's a lot of those little things that when we were growing happy people would do drawings or one of the drawings that was seemed to just. Capture the imagination, certainly Post war but i'm thinking early, to mid sixties it would Have, been fo.
Speaker 17: Yeah out.
Speaker 1: Of this thing this Little cartoon character, foo was here and that was written and, drawn on places the, most unusual places and it just captured the global imagination for a. Period of time.
Speaker 17: It did too.
Speaker 40: Yeah.
Speaker 20: It was here?
Speaker 17: What was that what was? That little character it was Just, fu was.
Speaker 1: Yeah it.
Speaker 17: MIGHT have been i, think it was. And it did and then of Course We? Had where's wally that was that became a bit of a.
Speaker 40: For a while.
Speaker 17: And there are some that keep. On coming back yos. KEEP coming back i mean they disappeared and then they, come, back again disappear. COME back, again i mean that's one of the one of the ones that always had kind. Of surprises me every so often there'll be a bit of a yo yo fed again and that's when that seems. To come back But these Two blue and lego are writ with the. Young people today they.
Speaker 1: Are Red hot and rick nine, to fifty Said two figurines matador bullfighter waving his red cape at. The red bull handpainted Ceramic. Made in japan matador, has blue. Hat blue, Vested, any interest yeah.
Speaker 17: There were some about about fifty piece and. They're pretty nifty they'll go prices, time goes, by of course.
Speaker 1: Got Any calls in? Adelaide? For you hello here?
Speaker 26: Go On boys Good and now i've got a. Couple of watches i'm Just curious About bitmun's And orvin de lars twenty Five duels Auto wine sports swiss made obviously probably, forty years old and.
Speaker 17: Then auto winder, did, you, say.
Speaker 26: Yeah, mate yep yeah?
Speaker 1: What brand Called orvin de ux and the other.
Speaker 26: One IT'S a z I text if i'm, pronouncing that right. Seven a jewels it just says on. The anti magnetic that's about all. On that one.
Speaker 17: I'd say that's probably a bit too written to have a, great value here, Would.
Speaker 1: You think tony i'm just trying to think of just having. The other bridge so what's that brand? That? You mentioned one orvin Was?
Speaker 26: It or, orban, Yeah mate yeah i've had it about. Over, forty years yeah, the NAME YEAH r v, E n oh i can't have A Look man.
Speaker 20: Corbyn.
Speaker 26: Auburn, ob n yeah and the other one Zy text and i'm PRONOUNCEDENT.
Speaker 10: Z e i.
Speaker 34: T e x.
Speaker 17: And is that also from about?
Speaker 26: TWENTY years ago i reckon that one's, a. Bit older mate it's like. A dress watch i suppose.
Speaker 10: You, CALL it.
Speaker 1: Well i got to say that in. My little watch history would suggest the people are looking for the history associated with some of the. Better known, brands for example It, might be page It, might be erolex it could well Be a meager certainly some of Those very early saco particular hip would be top of the. Range for many and, you know, they you know really. Good classic models some of those go for one hundred and forty five and one hundred and fifty or two hundred or. More, thousand dollars yeah well.
Speaker 17: More, recent SELF winding so i would imagine they'd be, fairly modestly priced maybe one hundred apiece.
Speaker 1: Something like.
Speaker 17: That, I'D imagine yeah i.
Speaker 1: Had to Know. Well they're swiss you said they Were. Made, in, switzerland yeah Yeah both.
Speaker 26: A swiss mainment that's what they stamped.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 17: Hundred COUPLE preps but i think they're. Not famous names let's put, it that way they're not, amongst the famous, real famous ones.
Speaker 40: But maybe one.
Speaker 17: HUNDRED to two i would think that would. Be, Probably, reasonable colm, oh no.
Speaker 26: Worries thank you.
Speaker 1: We said that auburn was just there's a. Little note there autan was an in House, brand For. Sears says rob there you go that makes this was an in House, brand for sears which is. Often the thing so they, in other words Those companies like seas would go to a Manufacturer. Somewhere in Switzerland it's got swiss, made on it but it's made specifically for. Their retail outlet ye, That third, morning.
Speaker 45: Good, Morning.
Speaker 22: And rick.
Speaker 45: I've got a mccano steam engine are?
Speaker 1: YOU talking about.
Speaker 45: I don't know if that's worth. Much or not and also i've got a.
Speaker 17: When, you say semen is it like? A donkey engine is it one that actually works or is.
Speaker 1: It just one.
Speaker 45: Made of mccano, Now, it works yeah there's they've got the mccanoe, base and everything.
Speaker 17: So you can fire it up with. What, YOU'RE saying yeah i.
Speaker 45: Can, fire it. Up no problem it. Runs.
Speaker 17: VERY well okay i used to call them donkey and didn't they for some reason what, they called them what was it called.
Speaker 1: A donkey engine, yeah THEY did and i.
Speaker 17: DON'T know why i have, no idea why but that's what the.
Speaker 19: End call them.
Speaker 45: It is. A, donkey, engine yeah yeah.
Speaker 17: YEAH it is. I, got you yeah so it'd actually fight up and a good team and it, doesn't go along but it's it remains in. The one spot, but it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah donkey engine and we got those tiny Little almost like i'm just trying to think what it was like a little, slice of butter but. Off my memories it was white and slip it in there and light it and that would heat the heater would heat it and to make the. Whole, thing work yeah.
Speaker 17: That was it, you GOT it and i would think that's going to be worth a couple. Hundred dollars hermits sounds pretty easy that you got to find. A customer for that's. The other, thing of course, to the young the young who, are the bias whether we like, it or not they do about forty wooden donkey engine was haven't good the, fur this idea but. Yeah it is that's a pretty nice item.
Speaker 1: All the same thanks, for the Call, well dun vern always good to have you. On the program look At This JUGGLES the mark. I love this it's a little hard and it features a character With the slogan Juggles, the mark.
Speaker 17: Juggle The. Mark called wig he used to do the posters at the end, of you know when you left the foot team and, your footy ground your, team has won you could be by the poster and the money you all with. The children's hospital but he also did these little cart that came came, in bread packages believe.
Speaker 8: It Or not.
Speaker 17: Sunny, cross bread yes it was, at the time and they did all manner of things like dropping the ball and it's like he's dropping a bomb, or you know they just made made. Fun of them they were great little turnly worth about, Tenders AT least but i just reckon. They're great fun and that's just a perfect example of. Juggling the ball and we won't talk too much about how people. Juggled the ball a couple, of instances, there but. Anyway. That's it now, The next one i'll give you a little bit of a clue on it is a picture Of.
Speaker 22: A former.
Speaker 17: Lion Former lion.
Speaker 1: Now i'm just looking at, that former lion a very, good, looking bloke yeah lots, of great hair Wearing a branded LION with a cub. Logo, on it yes and it's not A face that i instantly recognized because of. Those fabulous eyebrows look. At, those, Eyebrows wow well i've given.
Speaker 17: You the clue there was a picture.
Speaker 1: Of A, Lion, Not, Gary.
Speaker 22: No, no ross oh that's of.
Speaker 1: Course It is It's. Buddy ross lyon.
Speaker 27: Look, at that.
Speaker 1: Wow. It's that fantastic look at the color, Of That, air roscoe hopey he's listening.
Speaker 17: And a, lot of it a.
Speaker 1: Lot of it.
Speaker 33: So.
Speaker 17: That's THE way and i seem that most most coaches here it eventually kind of turns prematurely gray.
Speaker 1: Or disappears or white or falls.
Speaker 17: Out all together so it's not an. Unusual thing happening, but, there is yeah rush line when he Played.
Speaker 1: For, the lions yes isn't that. A fantastic shot we'll do this when we come back, one double three. Six nine three look, at this sea somebody else's Saying Via. Text rick buckley buckley's Chance Was, from william buckley who was an escaped convict in the early eighteen hundreds From Around The port. Fillo bay area apparently a, really good read so hence the. Expression as well so but. All linked in BUT see if i was, YOU you OLD i said i was came From the shop. Buckley and none but apparently it does go back. Prior to that let's do this when. We come back your calls one double three Six Nine Three rick milne. Antiques and collectibles i'm Turning Back. For australia overnight, so many texts we'll get to them in. Just A, moment rick millner, as you know joins us Each And every wednesday morning Is Part. Of australia overnight now, we talk antiques, we talk collectibles and we talk. Bits and pieces, one In particular Says tony and Rick fu fub low people might remember, as a baldhead nothing, wrong with that and a lo and, a long nose nothing, wrong with that and reputedly was from the military abbreviation, four officers only FOUR. Officers only fo who was here foo? Four officers only was the acronym? House his foo according to who, Said the three We thank you jan who would do a bit of? Research around That debbie, And bentley.
Speaker 17: Morning how Is tony and rick?
Speaker 32: GIVE my culture i have. A fool set i think it's about MID eighty of afl teams and it's locker Cardboard, sort, of, hello.
Speaker 1: YEAH sorry sorry i thought. YOU were finishing.
Speaker 8: I thought.
Speaker 17: You still going.
Speaker 40: You're still talking, it's IN storage so.
Speaker 32: I don't know but it's like a cardboard box and there's a FULL set of asl all the teams. To then collected and they're from. The MID eighties WHAT i? Tho afl, cards you know the football cards that you need.
Speaker 17: To, call it yeah.
Speaker 13: Well we need to know.
Speaker 17: Who wished them that way we can tell you exactly. WHAT they're worth i Think. It, WAS scanlon, yes I understand but i need to know some PLAYER'S name so i can so then we can work out what year they're from and therefore what they. Might Be worth because scannons have Been putting out they put out footyguards from nineteen sixty three to about, nineteen eighty eight so those could be anywhere in. There at All, if it's scanlons it just depends have you got them handy.
Speaker 8: Storage storage there we're going to call next week and.
Speaker 17: Name some PLAYERS that's all i, need to know and what the colors are on them, and So forth and i'm able to do it exactly, what they're worth, no problems otherwise it's too. Broad a question some scandans cars because it could be anyone from about, twenty different, sets you see and, they vary dramatically of course in prices you'd imagine good.
Speaker 1: On your jib so next week it's really difficult to sort Of even contemplate debby on the basis that you need to. Know the players oh.
Speaker 17: If she named a, couple Of players and i'll know right off what, sets THEY are can?
Speaker 16: I do?
Speaker 20: Quick?
Speaker 22: What's on?
Speaker 1: Please you may of.
Speaker 17: Course you can this is coming Up On, winter winter solstice which is the Twenty, first of june which is the shortest day, of the year and The brothers and Lawrence Down and Center, road in bentley which is just near the or worse five Hundred And eighteen Center road and medley is having. A big day there's going to be, live music collection huge collection of art, and, music, books CDs. DVDs et cetera run from, ten Till four and i'll be Doing valuations. From tootle four, No so people i'd liked to ask my, brother's running it, and he said would you? MIND coming, Down i said i'll give. It a go And so from turtle four that'll be my LITTLE bit and i think It's running, from Tendall four but i'm Just on. From twotle four there'll be live music and collection of, art and music, books, and CDs, DVDs et cetera. All for sale And That's That the brothers lawrence Five One eight Center road In.
Speaker 20: Bentley.
Speaker 1: In, melbourne gorgeous yeah, there you go you. Can find that so what day?
Speaker 17: Was That Again that's winter solstice the shortest air of the year Twenty first of.
Speaker 1: June twenty one, June, Twenty one June CHELSEA And, Harold z hello? HAROLD are, good a, hey he's, going we're. Well thank.
Speaker 40: YOU that's good i HAVE a.
Speaker 35: Framed T Shirt Signed victorian bush rangers When He Was captain shane warn.
Speaker 40: T shirt.
Speaker 17: He, sided Himself yes well i'll tell you if you. Can read.
Speaker 20: It looks like it's.
Speaker 17: Been his signature look like it's Been. Written in, Ethiopian.
Speaker 35: All right Well It's, got shane, warn you.
Speaker 33: Know.
Speaker 35: Captain underneath yeah you need to need to have it.
Speaker 17: Because he think that he is not not the finest signature, in the?
Speaker 13: World?
Speaker 35: Is, it oh yeah.
Speaker 13: The only one.
Speaker 17: That, signed it yes.
Speaker 19: How did you?
Speaker 17: Come across it how did it?
Speaker 35: Come, to you well it came to me as a present that somebody won in a pub competition and they, didn't want it so they gave.
Speaker 17: IT to me i, have to Say Apart, from don bradman he is our next next most, collectible cricket player the Late and Great shane warn and if he's got the name, written below it you'd need it because he's first. One his first his signature. Isn't too readable it has. TO be said i would think these days probably a, couple of hundred. BUT that'll increase i reckon as. Time goes, by you know two framed as. Difficult to frame people don't. Like things framed i've had, SOME really great i thought great things, framed in frames but they take up. So much space that's part of the. Problem with, them but nonetheless i'd say a, couple of hundred may maybe up to three if you can find, yourself A customer but i reckon that will increase as time goes by.
Speaker 1: Around that sort. Of price point Good, on your harold thank you for being part. Of The program In, Dan And on HELLO carol.
Speaker 11: Good i was going to, say good.
Speaker 37: Eating good morning.
Speaker 32: I've got a box and the box is not.
Speaker 37: In good Condition but, a BAKIO set which i understand might be might have been picked up And associated. With Hornby trains am i'm right in thinking that it's a nineteen fifty And.
Speaker 15: It's, a.
Speaker 1: Hornby yeah probably eight.
Speaker 37: Inches square and about. Two inches high You can.
Speaker 17: Tell i'm older so, it's a box? Did you say and you've got the trains? Inside the box the.
Speaker 37: Box, A blue box a printed a picture on the front which and THE actual items a there's a house and the little windows open and the little, door was open and it's got, a green base a bit like, a leggy legio a Bit like, a lego base and you fit the this little metal, poles into it and then you slide the bricks down. Between the two you put these eggs in right, the right round and you slide the bricks in and, make a house and you put the windows in and then this, the actual roof is an actual total peace where all the. Bricks are individual and it was given to me.
Speaker 11: In the well it was.
Speaker 23: Given to my brother.
Speaker 1: In the fifties fifties and what was it Called?
Speaker 37: A baky oh I think it's i haven't got in front of.
Speaker 34: Me b a k e o.
Speaker 19: Ye that's.
Speaker 20: Right they.
Speaker 17: Did they did they were a version of BUILDER b ayk i think it, might have been and they were a version of what we were earlier talking, about builder bricks which are a kind of An early version Australian. Made Of lego and i've got you now you've got you say you've got the original box. That came in but the box is a bit. Rap at, it, oh definitely yeah, none unless well if you've got all our pieces that go, IN the box i reckon you'd have one hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars worth easily they're about One. Hundred dollars carolyn you look after yourself and we'll. Talk again soon now the other side of The. Glass is jay that's the first voice year when you bring through one double three six nine three things for which We. Are looking jay just prior to, You coming, On rick said i'm desperately LOOKING for. A t shirt t SHIRT from the u two concerts in nineteen ninety Three ninety three Melbourne WAS their, zoo tv concerts so the year was nineteen. Ninety three thereabouts for that particular tour was HELD at the mcg and probably Other. Places around australia would have thought that is correct and so and ON that particular t shirt is a, picture of yeah had the band on the fronts And IT had zoo tv in red light red writing on the back and it had the Tour, Dates For australia New, Zealand. And tokyo okay and now presumably your mate would have been involved with that merchandising back, in those days in the late eighties early part, of The nineties mister gaffney would have been very INVOLVED in. Those t shirts He, Was for red.
Speaker 17: He was involve with, lots of things. Lots of time, YOU know what i won't betch it.
Speaker 15: Just in.
Speaker 17: Passing you know the one was an absolute total flop And in the east he ended up with a warehouse full of duff because. It didn't Work The original, dick tracy movie the one, that they Did The late Dick.
Speaker 1: Tracy, because madonna madonna It Was. Called, dick Tracy yeah but madonna.
Speaker 10: Was in.
Speaker 34: It that's it.
Speaker 17: That's the one, That's the one and. It didn't work from a from a, more and bati it's one of the very few that the merchandising didn't just. Didn't take off one of. The very few but that would be anything that relates to such things as these days, IS pretty valuable i. Have to say and that would be, worth, one, hundred easy. Easy one hundred if we can.
Speaker 1: Find ONE of those t. Shirts for you we'll see if, we get one just give us. A call here and, by, the way listener plenty of money will pay. Anything for it texas says here warning was never. Really a captain another One says The leviathan Store. Tony became walshes walshes, From My Memory rick milne walsh's Took over that Leviathan store in Berkstrey was, a Wa based a, Perth based company walshes and then and that then became seven to. Eleven exclusive store they had very restricted. Sizing, your line apparently according, To, the Text pete.
Speaker 17: The london stores has won One corner and leviathan was on.
Speaker 1: The upper corner okay, Maybe all right well and.
Speaker 17: There we are i'm looking for.
Speaker 1: A FEW things can i mention that just a couple of quick calls before? We, do, that people people, People, lining up peter go ahead right at the end, The, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Pete, there you going well we're going go he can?
Speaker 39: We, Help it yeah nepole a dagger it's curved in, its Original right and i'll forget the name.
Speaker 11: To one of.
Speaker 39: The people called it's sort of like a curved right, and, That's, Yeah okay.
Speaker 17: Peter i'll give You a better you Call me and i'll give you the number of the fellow, to speak to because there is a man who's an. Expert in those but if you give me a call first after, ten o'clock, Today not now i've. Got people ringing now it's a Bit ridiculous because i'm going. To enter those but if you do after ten zero Four one, eight.
Speaker 13: Oh sorry what?
Speaker 1: Was that again zero one eight double three nine one zero three.
Speaker 39: Double three nine one zero three. One zero three.
Speaker 22: He's going on to, The.
Speaker 20: Best.
Speaker 39: Person Peter yeah Good new And Diamond two entertainment Center. HERE in adelaide i went to the concert.
Speaker 10: With.
Speaker 49: My wife fantastic he was. Just just brilliant it's framed the Photo of him stein's signed, ticket, as well right and it's got the address of The Club the LOS angeles l.
Speaker 17: I just want to shine lots of things over the.
Speaker 13: Over the journey.
Speaker 17: Not so not so great. ON that one a good a nice little, memory.
Speaker 1: For you gorgeous thing to have sorry've. Got To, Fly. Marie, Bombeach, chelsea hello, Marie Go, Ahead, Rick, Milne hi.
Speaker 50: Rick I'm meaning because i've got a chipping down crystal cabinet belonged. To, my nana yes and.
Speaker 14: Has it got?
Speaker 22: Lead light doors.
Speaker 1: Lead light, lead light doors glass doors.
Speaker 50: If you like In the, friend, oh yeah yeah so it's got? Fancy, WOULD work.
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 17: I got you i understand A good good is there any do you know what? Lead light is it looks like, the lead? Pieces you know or is it just. Plain glass.
Speaker 50: Clay it's.
Speaker 1: So we don't so the answer. Is we don't we, probably don't know.
Speaker 17: Is the answer THE. D.
Speaker 20: K N yeah.
Speaker 17: What i'd suggest is that it's going To be worth if it's, got leadlight doors it'll be worth two hundred and fifty to. Three hundred dollars if it's, not leadlight doors it's worth. About half that teake and somebody doesn't. Have leadlight doors that's the best way. Of handling it light three fifty up to three fifty if it's not lead light up.
Speaker 1: To two hundred Thanks for which. Rick is looking we'll. Do, that next debbie who was with us on the, program earlier, says, so sorry boy he should HAVE googled the. Afl footy, couch he says as In Nineteen ahy stephen Smith From The, melbourne FOOTBALL club who i think is just coming OUT of the MCC moves into i Think Chair The melbourne Football Club and Maurice Bruce. From north melbourne not too sure whether any of, That Helps.
Speaker 17: Really rick murray boyce, Was his name. Murray, boy mind boy that's. The another cards they're worth about two dollars each approximity. Two dollars each there you are for that.
Speaker 1: Sort, of thing now things for which you. Might be looking people might be, Able.
Speaker 17: To help just a little quick one on the? What on again twenty. First of tune it is just by the Way Five, Eighteen, center Roadventley turtle the turtle ten Toal four and i'll Be doing. Valuations. Totle Four yep things, I'm looking for i'm, looking.
Speaker 22: For cameras cameras these are.
Speaker 17: Not for me these are.
Speaker 22: For other, people race books.
Speaker 17: Footy cards and badgers, of all, kinds serial toys old magazines and somebody's offering a thousand dollars for university. Football club membership now they were only in the comp Around About The first world war for about. A dozen years but somebody's prepared to pay a foul if they. Can, find one.
Speaker 1: Oh, there, you go okay and that's just sort Of money that jay's going to pay for HIS you two t.
Speaker 17: Shirts from anyway. Here we go zero, four one eight three three nine one zero you've got one of those or anything else, we've talked about give. Us a ring zero four eight three nine, one zero three love your work.
Speaker 20: Read we'll do it.
Speaker 1: Again next, week.
Speaker 5: Step Now This Is australia Oben eyes with tony McManus and the brady.
Speaker 1: Coming up through johnny the latest coming UP of the uk and we'll get the latest ont his most amazing adventure that he's said in the last. Couple of weeks welse he hasn't been with us raising lots of money and doing a, series of marathons so we'll talk to me about that in. Just to tick if you want that number again for the One And only rick milne who Joined, us every wednesday write it down zero four one eight double three nine one zero three zero four one eight double three nine. One zero three if you're having, a Birthday today it's wednesday to the Eleventh day of june. Twenty twenty five it is if. You like it it's a fondly Known as The, festival of tony which comes to A, Crescendo on friday. Friday the thirteenth but if you are having, a birthday today a happy, birthday with you you're Sharing With. The graham russell now you might, Say to Yourself Graham who? Graham russell?
Speaker 38: Is?
Speaker 1: Seventy five today? We know him In love, him australian songwriter guitarist and vocalist with air. Supply. Seventy five gray now the.
Speaker 2: Night has gone now the night has gone with.
Speaker 1: Doesn't?
Speaker 2: Seem that long hardly to, words.
Speaker 17: To say.
Speaker 4: Hold me in your arms for.
Speaker 3: JUST another day i promise this one.
Speaker 4: Will go all.
Speaker 48: We, have the, right you know.
Speaker 5: We, have the.
Speaker 4: Right you know.
Speaker 1: Don't say, the mornings come don't say the mornings?
Speaker 30: Come so soon.
Speaker 2: Must we? End this way when so much here is hard to?
Speaker 3: LOVE is everywhere i no widows such moments says this are too feod.
Speaker 33: So to you.
Speaker 10: Some to.
Speaker 1: Here rides the one, that you love asking.
Speaker 28: For the day.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stay the one, that you love an't you in?
Speaker 24: So many ways.
Speaker 26: Tell me, we can stay tell me.
Speaker 2: We can, stay hope please they are the, words to say THE only words.
Speaker 1: I can believed.
Speaker 38: Hold me.
Speaker 1: In your arms but, JUST another day i promise this.
Speaker 4: One will go so.
Speaker 20: We.
Speaker 21: Have the ride you know.
Speaker 15: We have?
Speaker 3: The right?
Speaker 4: Here sure right the one that you love asking foreign dotty day, on the stand no one that you love but you in so many, Ways here right no one that you love asking foreign doty day, on the stand no one that you love as you and so. BADY ways gone.
Speaker 30: I don't know.
Speaker 1: WHAT to say.
Speaker 33: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What to say What A Vocalist rayham russell's here's Seventy Five today the australian Songwriter Guitarist vocalist air supply the other half. Of the duo although they actually started, as a Group Didn't they russell hitchcock their debut nineteen Seventy six With Love and other bruises and their, first seven singles, First seven Singles this Is what the time wasn't easy to BREAK into. The us market all made the top Ten In. The united states. CHING kachin kischinga i mean they weren't massive there for. A long time only One you love that was the one that actually went. To number one but all the others all made it into, the top ten. Going Along Beautifully but graham russell today. Is seventy five Any Happy, returns graham russell bute bloke had the pleasure of talking to him once on the program. Many years ago but a happy birthday boy for us seventy five. Ladies and Gentlemen in THE. Brady the uk god the barrel down there a battle, Come, down done. God he's Back. End of, Brady good, Morning.
Speaker 17: Good Morning tima how?
Speaker 22: I've missed you how are?
Speaker 21: You?
Speaker 1: Doing that well not only have, You missed me. I've missed you ev. HAVE the listener i get so many textans just in the Last, week of tender not. The first week nobody cared in, the first week but the second week They Said WHERE'S eb, and, i said well he's Out doing his walk. Of a lifetime how?
Speaker 22: Did it go, it was, very, very Difficult toy. If I'M honest so i Was in The amazon in peru and it was five, stages self sufficient carrying a roucksack, with your, food a hammock a rain fly cover to keep the rain, off the hammock and. A medical kit now my bag weighed about nine point four kilos, at THE start so i. DID three stages i got to be close to the end of stage three and it. WAS getting dark i found the terrain extremely, difficult TO navigate and i had a good. LOOK around me i come to a river Crossing, in THE amazon, and i thought, You know what i've kind of had enough of what they. Call ultra running i'm. A road runner i prefer Flat surfaces in europe without insects trying to. Eat YOU alive so i took. MY rucksack off i sat down by this River. In the amazon it. WAS absolutely gorgeous i took out a bar OF chocolate and i, drank SOME water, And i thought i'm completely at. PEACE with this i don't want to. Go any further so made my way back to the base camp where everyone was camping, for that night and about twelve other guys pulled. Out as well and there was A Bunch of south african fellas with A couple of irish guys, that they knew and they'd organized a minibus from this settlement in the. Middle of nowhere they've somehow conjured up a minibus and it took seven hours to get from this Tiny Village called Santa rosa de Huakaria. In the amazon it took seven hours back to The, town OF cusco and i was kind of in two minds is to stay on and kind of wait around to the end. Of the race, two days later And Then this south african bloke very bluntly. Said to, me he said. Big rugby, guy, he said mate we're going where they have hot showers. And cold beer? Are you in and as soon as, HE said, that, I said yes. I am in so we helped on the minibus and Off. WE went peru i, Have, to say. Tony stunning country if you ever. Get The chance matchew pichu. Blew My, mind rainbow mountain the hike we went, up on that the scenery It was like, switzerland on steroids and the food was incredible and the people. Were so friendly.
Speaker 1: Is a vince? Presumably well.
Speaker 22: Produced oh yeah so The company Called, beyond the, ultimate very value. Very well organized they have medics and doctors and paramedics at every checkpoint. Every ten kilometers they, give you water they check. Out the athletes. They do races they've Won, in The arctic. Which i've done They've, won In kenya which i've done The. Race in peru they have Another in the mibia, in the desert and a new one in The. Mountains of kyrgyzstan believe, it or not so athletes from all.
Speaker 17: Over the world but.
Speaker 22: It was, great you Know there was. French people there There, was Four French. Twelve south africans there was me At two, other irish Blokes, load, of brits everyone A. Couple of canadians it was Won by. A canadian Guy A female south african runner was the. FIRST woman home A couple of americans and a really nice kind of international mix and a great leveler because everyone has to pitch their hammock together in the evening, and you know you're just having a chat and aram With a young american guy who is a wind Farm. Engineer from texas there was a guy who does not blood transplants but bone Marrow. Transplants in, canada you know really interesting people and everyone just kind. Of plodding along the jungle. Was utterly impenetrable it was so, humid and sticky insects coming for you every single inch.
Speaker 17: OF the way i saw.
Speaker 22: Some beautiful butterflies if you, Look, up online tony this is the MOST beautiful creature i have. Ever seen firsthand people talk about, rhino and elephants a BLUE morpho m o. R p, ho google that and this creature fluttered down in front of me with the MOST iridescent blue i. Have EVER seen and i, was just like if you whoever got whichever god you pray, to or none, You, just think wow how beautiful? Is this universe Pho, War he joe watch? What comes up i've never seen anything LIKE this butterfly.
Speaker 1: A look at it in just a moment when you sit down and you, Have that moment is that pretty, much the mind body body talking to each other saying. That's. ENOUGHING now.
Speaker 22: Yeah i genuinely, Couldn't. GO on, tony i mean there was loads of super fit athletes who were capable of doing. THE five stages i, could HAVE tried and i think it would have ended badly. Because the, terrain you know you were climbing up waterfalls. At one stage, they're knotted ropes and you were going up a waterfall. At one stage it took me forty five minutes to cover a kilometer. To the vegetation the growth it, was so thick and the jungle is just sapping every last ounce of energy, out of you and body and. Mind WERE gone and, i just thought, YOU know what i can have a really miserable day and Try to, do stage four possibly get injured. Or get sick AND then when i got Talking to those african boys and the phrase the guy used, was warm. Showers, cold beer yeah and, You, KNOW me tony i, was, just, like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you've sold, it to me twist and shad if, you, don't. Mind well congratulations so you're doing you make it, sound really attractive, but you know it's very different to the things that you've, you've previously done and do you hope you're not going to be disappointed and beat yourself up around this because it is, quite you know to put yourself out there in. The front, end it's, just you. KNOW exquisitely exciting i was at.
Speaker 22: Peace, with a tony, to BE honest because i. Wanted the, Experience and look i'll, Be. Very honest tony, i'm forty nine. AS you know i turned Fifty, coming UP christmas and i wanted something big. TO train for i. Wanted an experience i've Never Been to, south america before and, IN all honesty i. NEEDED a Break i just i've worked pretty you, know our, industry you. Know it's relentless you're always, On the go you're always reading. And INTERVIEWING people and i just wanted a couple of weeks to. Just switch off and. It Was great and i'll tell you, One, little thing tony without getting. All to philosophical it made ME appreciate. What i have and it MADE me think i need to slow down AND appreciate what I have because i'm constantly, on the go and it's LIKE what am?
Speaker 10: I doing next, bam bam bam.
Speaker 22: Even WITH marathons, like i mean one, DAY this year i Was filming In switzerland in january and the next day ran A, marathon in morocco and that. Is Not normal and i'm only starting to realize that now, that you know just slow down and just kind of take. It ALL in, And, i know tony you're a. Big wine. Man peruvian malbeck you ever see it? In a shop you ever see it? In a restaurant. Oh my God so The argentinians and chile have the market Share. Dominated in europe AS far as i can see, About red wine peruvian malbec is off the scale good and it's twenty two. Dollars the bottle it. Is outrageously, Good.
Speaker 1: All right i'll check that out when. We come back we'll talk. More about that we'll talk to you as well the new nuclear plant which is coming to the CARDS, for the uk and a couple of. Tributes as well we'll Do That, next indo, brady he's, back he's, safe he's well He's. Part of australia every Night and the brady is. Back with us we usually talk to You ever On. Tuesday and thursday This week It's. Wednesday and thursday if all goes to, play for tomorrow, if this works if this audition works, out really well we'll get to tomorrow as well because there's a lot happening. IN the WORLD a text i proposed. Are absolutely nothing could You Just ask inttorney mac do YOU still pay tv and or Radio? License? In england.
Speaker 17: Yes we do that's a very.
Speaker 22: Good text question.
Speaker 17: We absolutely do.
Speaker 22: So get this whether YOU watch the, bbc or not so you can HAVE your satellite tv with, all the services you Can, Just, Watch Sport. Netflix premier league ever TURN on the bbc and you still have to pay. The LICENSE fee and i think we are paying somewhere. IN the region i reckon it's about two hundred and sixty dollars a year we pay for. The, license fee now the argument is that that money GOES into the bbc coffers and they can, create amazing programs And you Watch Wimbledon and david attenborough and all the crown jewels of SPORT that. The BBC have but I would say I watched the bbc on maybe how MANY shows do i WATCH? ON the bbc I watched the WIMBLEDON tennis and i really like a Family Program called Race. Across the world that's pretty MUCH it that i WATCH, on The bbc and i'm giving them two hundred and fifty bucks a.
Speaker 1: Year, For, that vira.
Speaker 29: No.
Speaker 22: Don't watch us i've found.
Speaker 29: That.
Speaker 22: Too, BLEAK rarely yeah i RARELY. WATCH the, bbc i mean if don't, get me. Wrong they're news they've got, some GREAT journalists but i get my news. FROM other sources i watch an AWFUL lot Of Vpl, on SKY sports which i. Pay, extra for yeah that's a. Very good question your listener. Is, absolutely right yeah we pay a lot of money here for. That license fee.
Speaker 1: That's a, question here too which is OFTEN asked about labc is to the cost of it and what venue we as stradions get from?
Speaker 22: It, these, DAYS yeah look i think the argument here IS that the bbc is a cultural institution and you could land in the Middle, Of anywhere africa ASIA and say bbc and people will know what, you're talking about and It does. Spread british culture but then a lot of people feel it's time to get some adverts in and advertising and raise revenue. From other ways.
Speaker 1: Nuclear plants on the cads for which PART of the uk if?
Speaker 22: They go ahead so A, county called suffolk which is in The, east of england they are going to put in a new nuclear power plant at the cost of Twenty eight. Billion australian dollars now there's not a great deal of money LEFT in. The uk coffers We know that starmer has come out today and defended it and said that every penny will be accounted for and this will herald the golden Age of, clean british energy which will ultimately power about. Ten million homes it's probably going to take the best part of a decade, to build it but today the money has. Been signed off he has miraculously found twenty eight billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Twenty Eight billion Dollars. Kitchen kachin kitching would people be familiar with The NAME of Frederick, a fourth side great journalist and there's some wonderful.
Speaker 22: Books, To novelist, yes so look people may not have heard of him or might not, remember the name but you will Know The name the Day, of the, jackal of course a very famous novel which In recent years sky have taken on and they've remade it WITH as a Tv Series. With eddie redmain they actually kind of changed everything in it to the point that he said in, His last interview so he passed. Away This week frederick forsyth he said in his last interview that even With The name the Day, of the jackal HE said The tv show sky Recently Made with eddie redmain. Was so different he said he couldn't have done them for plagiarism because they changed absolutely everything he had, come UP with and i got the impression he didn't. Really like it, so great, journalist an extraordinary, towering literary figure sold about seventy million. Books ALL up and i loved one quote He gave and. I'M paraphrasing here i read it in, his obituary today he, Said some, people he said there are several reasons. People write, books he said some people write books because they have a burning passion to get a story.
Speaker 26: Down on.
Speaker 22: Paper he said some people write books because they. Absolutely love. Writing he said others write them, because they're politically are actively driven. Towards a topic, and he said and. Then there's, ME he said i just, love the money.
Speaker 1: Which is BRUTALLY honest.
Speaker 22: That, i love yeah respect that you have visions of these kind, of you know creative artists who fall out of bed, IN the morning i must write six thousand words or this new Plot twist as i've. Just, dreamt overnight no he just. Loved, making money yeah this?
Speaker 1: ISN'T that wonderful i. Think that's great tell Us about the i've been watching this in the Last forty eight it IS intriguing because i THINK you and i have. Talked about it how important it is for the payments to for people during the depths of your winter to have support for a range of reasons. Been well documented where's? That going NOW so Big u.
Speaker 22: Turn starmer initially took, this money away so PENSIONERS in the, uk every winter regardless of whether you're on your, basic state pension which is, not very much or you could be a multimillionaire. In your seventies everyone was given approximately, six hundred dollars regardless of their income or the size of their house, or their savings six hundred dollars. Towards fuel payments that It Gets, Called. December january february it's GRIM. In the uk you've got, the gas on you've got. The heating on and for as long as, anyone can remember every single pensioner COUPLE in the uk or single pensioner got six hundred books. From the government starmer came in and looked at it, and, he thought, well hang on we can't afford to. Pay that anymore i'm going, to stop it. And he did the end result was, local council elections but. He didn't, really you know it makes me wonder how. Smart he is sometimes pensioners vote. Young people don't pensioners, watch the news they, read the papers, they have opinions and they would majority of. Them vote well starmer felled out to his cost in the. Recent council elections reform hammered labor, in many places and the big issue on the doorsteps was we're really annoyed that you've taken away our. Winter fuel payments so lo and behold three. Sixty turn yesterday he's suddenly got to find two and a half billion dollars, to fund it but he's put in. A little caveat if your household income as a pensioner is Under seventy, thousand australian dollars you will still. Get the payment if you've got more than seventy thousand a year coming in between the, two of you you won't. Be getting it so the majority of PENSIONERS in the uk will now be getting their six hundred. BUCKS come Winter I see.
Speaker 1: Hugh laurie having. A birthday today i think, he's SIXTY six but i was going through some of the things that he's done. Over the years he's Very famous in America, for doing house which was a great series from our four. Through to twelve but then you look at other programs of which he. Was VERY involved black dda would be one that jumps to mind which you would only just Remember The. Great Black Edda a hu. Laurie, birthday boy.
Speaker 22: Yes and he used TO be a TV Show called A bit Of. Fry and, lorry of course that, was Very funny So. LEAVES and muster i think he was, in as, well you know the old Kind of Traditional english. Establishment, butler comedy, Yeah FUNNY guy and i. Mean you're right he is Absolutely. Huge IN america and I would wager tony because his accent is so Good, AS an american i would bet there are A lot of americans who don't actually realize He is. An english.
Speaker 10: Actor.
Speaker 1: That's super yeah i've seen him interviewed a, couple of times and he can cross between those interviews if he's DOING so, the coolba program he can do it in a beauty in his hometown Accident, from off oxfordshire or he can Do just. An american accident if, you didn't know. You, wouldn't, know yeah.
Speaker 22: Talent talented guy very happy. Birthday to him were blessed.
Speaker 1: To, have him well we're blessed. To have, You, Back on dick do? You recaver now you go straight back?
Speaker 22: INTO work, MODE i was i was, in work TODAY made two tv shows today and it was Fun about the dutch. Government Has collapsed the dutch, government Has collapsed and bulgaria is joining the euro currency as, of next year so it's, a Bit busy but i'll, Tell, you what tomy it was just lovely to walk back into work today and people are really happy. TO see me i was just like almost tears. In my eyes it's only been. Gone a fortnite how?
Speaker 1: Lovely is this It's a nice it's a lovely Feeling on. A saturday NIGHT you and i have been, watching very carefully as many, of the listeners this dreadful story Coming out of austria where ten eleven, losing their lives a lot. More people injured. It's Just dreadful yan keid only twenty one. With, two.
Speaker 22: Weapons yeah shocking so he's an ex pupil of the school and the whisper or certainly what's going around online is that he claims he was bullied at the. School years ago he legally held these two firearms and he's gone back in. And slaughtered. PEOPLE absolutely Shocking, I mean austria i've always thought it was a very. Very safe country never makes news nowadays for this. Kind of thing and, there you go, out of nowhere a school shooting in a Small. Town in austria they're.
Speaker 1: Going to relect we. Much chat Tomorrow Thank you ender brady THERE in the uk keeps us up to date with all things to do with the news out of that part. Of the world the cereals on the way your calls coming up The other. Side australia revenight the heat is well and truly on Beautiful cross pay. Dan working well morning to. The four o'clockers jumped in the, vehicle of choice hed and. Do the office you're gonna get. Me your Coffee.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 1: Is australia evenight My name. Is tony McManus great to, have your company you. Can join us love you to, do just. That no doubt we'll get In touch With. Marky And stall hopefully julian will be part of it and we'd offer you the opportunity to jump on. Board as well become Part Of the. Stralia overnight family it's. What we do one double three six nine three for text zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three carolee, good.
Speaker 2: Morning Now, this is australia Open eyed. With tony McManus, you come.
Speaker 1: Slowly apple rolling gun.
Speaker 9: Down to?
Speaker 34: Me got.
Speaker 37: It?
Speaker 20: Do?
Speaker 27: Want it please.
Speaker 4: You Were No so shanny cat told you and football heck balkke.
Speaker 2: Finger and, CALLER he.
Speaker 1: Said, i know you.
Speaker 20: You know ME.
Speaker 2: One thing i can tell you is you got. To be free come.
Speaker 1: Together over me some things are just perfect the way they are.
Speaker 15: That he is.
Speaker 1: One of them come Together. By the beatles have a look at. The, papers today yeah interesting story GIVEN. To the abc looks as if it's under the pump in a, range of areas has been for. A little while most observe observers would say it now looks set to acts the long running CURRENT affairs SHOW. Q and a it's made more than five hundred episodes, over not one, but seventeen seasons so it's had to crack a bit. Of a run so You've Got. The project gonski it looks AS if the abc will GET rid OF. Q AND a the abc has decided to pull the plug, on the program according to sources close to the decision who are unable to quote. Speak on record that's why we. Love the media people inside the media don't necessarily like to. Speak on record when SOMEBODY else says i don't want to, speak on record they sort of get. A, bit cross however that's a story. FOR another day i guess the IDEA of the abc, losing that momentum some would say it was lost. Some time ago. Don't, NECESSARILY agree however i think programs like that are a bit. OF a loss i mean there's a lot of production that, goes into that to getting all those talking heads there to. Have their say it makes, for you know it's a bit like, in a sense it's a bit like an open line talkback radio station where you have lots of people who want to contribute, have this say and not everybody is. Going to agree does IT? Make, great tv well if, IT'S done well i. THINK it can i think it. Can be engaging so it is a bit of a loss after. All THESE times but i put it back to you the programs that you, watch And Or as enda brady pointed Out In, the last hour doesn't WATCH on the bbc and YET is paying i think he said a license of two hundred and twenty dollars a year in that part. Of the world so there was a time here where we had to pay a LICENSE to but i think nobody's paid A license in australia for many a year for the privilege. Of watching television times have changed and they will continue to. Do just that but when it comes to those, sort of programs are they lost and would you be a person WHO says the abc is something that you tune into on a regular or even. Semi regular, basis if not why not one double three six nine three will take some calls on that as we go through. The morning, together julian.
Speaker 19: Morning good morning you're back about sixty years so it was an EARLY second white tv show hosted by A Journalist called rowan Vet was Called. Meat the press is?
Speaker 1: That really Great? Meat the press it was compelling viewing.
Speaker 19: IN our house i know that the early sixties wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Would have been and of course.
Speaker 19: You were talking about with Mister and the brady before now It was mister whitlam who got rid OF the. Radio TV license and i think your Producer is that jay might have recording of THE most famous tv License Hit, Was frank, remember oh.
Speaker 1: Yes where he would come on and he would encourage people, to that's right to make sure that they had paid their.
Speaker 19: Their radio license the story was a LITTLE boy, And, i said mummy there's somebody at the door TO check. Out BB license, and i Said Is? It frank frings, she said No It's, not frank fringer. It's a lady and they could search the whole property to see whether you HAD a radio. Tv license yet Maybe your producer jay will play You the Old. Frank fring, ants you know we'll.
Speaker 1: See if we. CAN find it i do sort of remember that there was a lot of families that lived in terror because it. Was a cost the people weren't really necessarily enthused. About the thing there, were SOME families and i can't remember The ones that, i'm referring to would put the aeriel underneath the tiles rather than on top.
Speaker 17: Of the Roof?
Speaker 19: Was mister fringley also was The Man from antiole And did the lucier fire started on?
Speaker 7: Devil?
Speaker 1: My? FIRE remember yes i do gee that goes back in.
Speaker 19: Time as well and he did many, Other ads too didn't He.
Speaker 1: The Great frank thring he.
Speaker 19: Hated, People, impersonating him yes it's very.
Speaker 1: Easy to Do was He, King, of mumba.
Speaker 19: Yes and he has been. Her l sid he, was in everything and he actually is A book of you can look In the old internet on him. And his father it's a fascinating story of the father. And the son they looked very much, alike each other.
Speaker 1: Didn't they have an INTEREST in?
Speaker 19: Three x work Three X, wif ft films not.
Speaker 1: A radio station. Yes they had they had an ownership of three aw, at the.
Speaker 19: Time did they You'll see her majescy seat. For an exhibition Strout in his majesty's destroyed by fire in. Nineteen Twenty Nine And frank springs senior actually had a film Studio made at HER's his Major seas in melbourne and it reopened again in. Nineteen thirty four have a.
Speaker 1: Listen to this this will bring back. Memories, for everyone.
Speaker 19: YES thank you.
Speaker 33: I wonder if you're in mind having a look right now to see if you have a CURRENT radio.
Speaker 27: And, tv license. Oh don't, Worry go ahead i'll keep an eye. On the telly i'll let you know if anything happens. While you're away oh you're.
Speaker 33: Back any luck that's, good self, comforting you know because there could be a knock at your door, at any time and if you didn't happen to have a CURRENT radio, and tv license you could be up for A very heavy.
Speaker 27: I'm, So embarrassing anyway now you can get back to your teddy viewing with.
Speaker 1: A clear?
Speaker 27: Conscience very?
Speaker 1: Good is good or can you you? Remember that one? Isn't, That, good, julian yes.
Speaker 19: Certainly thank you very. Much for it now you have a lady who Rings, up from hampton she may remember that there Was the last melbourne train Line and the victorian last train line that had the hand gates to close. The railway, gates, NO remember. NO i don't i think the eighties there was a man and woman and they to open and close the gates because for many many years.
Speaker 1: Was it the one You got? The, Gardener, Station No, no hampton Hampton.
Speaker 19: Right Between hampton and san Brighton. Middle of sandringham now that for many years they had the hand gates at the. DUEL railway station i Think maybe at brunswick there used. For many stations were there railway employees that used to come out and open and close The Gates. On brunswick street.
Speaker 1: So we're talking, what decade now.
Speaker 19: Nineteen eighties, the eighties said not, That, long AGO no but i think there Was. One of ballarat they still had the old type of gates for the old type.
Speaker 1: Of swing, gates they did they did right through The Eighties, On Lydiard.
Speaker 19: STREET lideon street i think they had an accent there recently with a velocity was going To right the arrarat service went right through the gates in an Accident of the ballarat no longer.
Speaker 1: Would be. Right, as well. Julian thank you it's always. Good to chat plenty of room on the board you get. Through a straightaway come and join us one double three six' Nine. Three for australia overnight anything. You want to raise i'm fascinated to find out what people think about the DEMISE of PROGRAMS like q AND a on the abc and WHETHER or on the abc, in your humble view just, by way of feedback remains relevant or as relevant as. PERHAPS it once. Was i don't know i'm just. Asking for a friend one double. Three six nine three great to have your, company wherever You. Are right across australia Three aw here, in melbourne OF course Five double A And, Adelaide six pr, perth hello to you AND Of course the ace radio network Which. Goes right across, australia jump, On board join us come and have your say this. Time of the morning feel free one double Three six nine three and if you would like, to send a message. You can do that zero four double seven six nine three six nine three for Our. Great listeners in perth your usual talkback number that gets you Straight Through to the australia overnight program one double three eight eighty two, and as zillion emails Which is great and i'm happy to handle. Those later ON today overnights at THREEAW dot com dot au overnights all one would PLURAL overnights at three aw dot COM, Dot Au, in q, Hello.
Speaker 9: Ed good morning tony julianoys inspires me when, he starts, mentioning Things you know and i'm reminded WHEN you talk about tv licenses and radio licenses and all. That, sort of thing historically when governments impose taxes on on items or, things that are used they automatically it automatically leads to behavior, to get around things, ye to avoid things. And to stop things i'm going to go back now. To, the eighteenth century now, in the eighteenth century there was. A tax, on glass you know all those beautiful mansions That. Were built around europe there was an Inspector, that went around apparently so while the big mansions were being built and you think they've got, endless piles of money but they don't have enough, to pay the tax what would happen is the glass, would be put in they'd brick. Up over the glass the inspector would come and as soon, as the inspector left they'd unbricket to have the, glass, showing.
Speaker 32: Oh right yes.
Speaker 9: And this goes back now. There's another thing too in the eighteenth century it was, fashionable to wear wigs but they. Wouldn't tax the wig this is the best story this is that. Has to be absent they taxed the powder that was. Used under the, wig so you know so again this is kings and. Queens, WE'RE talking, about so i mean you set up situations where people are going to five ways to avoid or, finding ways of yeah and simple, things like for instance even with, banking MODERN banking nowadays if i was in THE criminal syndicate and i, WANT to transfer money i know there's dark web. Ways of doing it it's under, thousand dollars a transaction so you go nine hundred and ninety nine or nine hundred and, Ninety nine dollars whatever so, you go just under so you avoid. HAVING the, transaction records i mean you set things up.
Speaker 1: Automatically by having that i've got a, great story for, YOU and by goodness. I hope It's True the great David kosh then a channel seven for, a long long, time as you know and he DID a report for Us. Coming in from greece i'll hope to, get this story right but there Was, a time in greece, not that long ago only in the last ten or fifteen where there was a, ban on swimming pools and so it was really impacting on a lot of things that were happening at That, time To the. Greece The greek economy david. Cosh did a report one of the things that he mentioned is the number one advertising product on the television was a product that you could cover up your pool so it wouldn't be recognized as a swimming pool. From. The overhead, Helicopters.
Speaker 21: Yep and look i'll.
Speaker 9: Tell you something. Else there's another thing if You Fast forward to ronald reagan and when now you're talking about the eighties and you think of the petted shoulders And you know the gordon get go. Tripe a type attitude the Man who Advised HIM laugher and art i Think His, name was art laugher and. Things weren't going well somebody. Will have to verify i'm sure there'll be somebody. Who Follows it up what, i'm not an economist but. This story fascinated Me Laffer said to ronald, reagan at, the time he said you, know what he said if you give people back the money that they earn and don't, tax them so Much it's. Called the laffer curve you should Look. It up On wikipedia i'm sure. I'm explaining it badly and what happened is that if you give people back the money in their pocket and don't take, it away from them they'll spend it and. The economy would boom so again we're talking about, that sort of mentality so it goes. Through the. Full threshold you can there's certain things that that you know people are.
Speaker 8: Going to get around they're going.
Speaker 9: To get around it and the reason, why you annoy them you're driving up the wall. In the wrong way they're going to.
Speaker 16: Get.
Speaker 1: Back, at you yeah annie, that's a great story and thank. YOU for sharing that i think there's a, lot of you know that human condition that will do whatever it needs. To do to survive. Thank. You, For that merrit.
Speaker 21: Hello i'm Back again i'm, sorry i'm, bothering again but NO.
Speaker 1: You never bother i promise. You never a bother thank you.
Speaker 21: Programs.
Speaker 20: Used, to be on yeah many.
Speaker 1: Of Which We. Loved seven little australians Who Can forget Seven Little? Australians with leonard.
Speaker 21: Teel, Yeahs, to be poetry.
Speaker 40: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pro About the inventors the inventors was another, program we all WATCHED going Back many.
Speaker 39: I think caerald's Story is so host i'm not sure you might, be right?
Speaker 1: About that did he.
Speaker 29: So we'll just.
Speaker 1: Do a double Check Who WHO Hosted The. Inventors abc australia inventors.
Speaker 21: And a while ago you're talking about a GAME showst me on Tv.
Speaker 23: And.
Speaker 21: It, was, video Village.
Speaker 1: OH yes video village i got the game?
Speaker 21: But oh very young? What happened, TO her.
Speaker 17: But Anyway I.
Speaker 21: Remember that danny webb that's The One.
Speaker 1: That was danny WEBB that's the name. I was looking for just Going. Back TO your inventors the abc program which ran from seventy, three TO eighty two so i had. A Twelve year run the pig is one of the highest Rating. Programs on, the telly each episode number of invengers. Would show their invention it was a critique by a. Panel of three judges the. Winner would be announced most episodes. Were thirty minutes long the end of the year finale which the, winner would be announced and It was Hosted By You're. Right Jeff, Stone ohlstone jeff jeffstone Gerlstone was A Journal, Great Journal, Jeff Stone leo port diana Fisher and the You Go. Replaced by nevill stevenson just click On That For. Me Ja die Fisher Diana, fisher is diana fisher a m and she passed away Not. Long ago in january, january two years ago so just. Gone Over? Two years diana fisher.
Speaker 21: What was the principle GAME shows that because, I love tipping points I, love waking.
Speaker 1: That yeah, very, clever very cheeky naughty but curiously. A bit of fun it's very well you know.
Speaker 17: That would, come down yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah and a wonderfully created little little thing Mirror to. Thank you leo, morning.
Speaker 7: He ALL right.
Speaker 40: Tell you, i RANG up again but i need. To, get help again yeah.
Speaker 1: More than welcome earlier that's what tober.
Speaker 40: Go back and Again There was. A queen victoria Doctor His Name Was William.
Speaker 1: Gold William William Cole Or gold william gold gold like like The. LIKE the MIDDLE gold I.
Speaker 40: Think I think i think. I pronounced it right better. Travel pronounce the WORK but, far as i Know His. Name was William Gold he. Was queen Victoria's Doctor, but to william gold he had a sunny law. Who was a doctor i'm trying to think of. His name RIGHT now i've got i feel His, second Name was akron but i'm. TRYING to find out, i COULD be wrong but i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, his, first name okay well so well. We'll ask the audience so the listeners are really good at these sort of THERE'S way. Better than i am so you need to know who was the Doctor.
Speaker 17: Who.
Speaker 40: Was too willing golds the son in. LAW was a doctor i don't know.
Speaker 1: What his name was the son in, laws was a doctor and? WHAT was his name.
Speaker 40: I think His. Second name was diachron, I'm. Not quite sure.
Speaker 1: Tony and this goes back to what century.
Speaker 40: It was Around of Time and Jack when jack, the river was around because there was a. Rooman going around There two will and gold might had Something to Do, with jack the river but.
Speaker 1: There Was Only a Rumor, Jack Jack the River. Jack check the ripper One.
Speaker 40: Of, The what I'm saying tony willing gold was, around about that time and his son in law. Was was A doctor to now i think His. Second name was act.
Speaker 1: That could be one we'll keep. This single super coin, find, out, for you doctor doctor. Give me the news i've got a sad, case of loving you a bad. Case, of loving. You leo thank. You we'll do this we'll get a vern next one double. Three six nine three anything you'd like to. Raise on the program if, you're sending a. Message it's really easy zero four double seven six nine, Three six nine three. Come and join us one double Three six, nine three. Damien mourning.
Speaker 20: Good morning just.
Speaker 38: Just BRING it up, just i don't know you don't hear too, much ABOUT it anymore but i just see a lot of videos lately popping up on The internet about like england being, like overrun a Bit same as, like ireland as well putting up a bit of a. Front At the Moment dames france in italy just being overrun a bit with some yeah immigrants. And stuff, like that you Know it's happening. In america, as well but yeah just just wondering is it true that. That that's The, Case, it's.
Speaker 1: It's damian yeah it looks. It's it's a thing that's because the world is changing and there are more, people in the world and there are so many issues of, which people are confronted they will do whatever they need, to do to survive and that may include leaving their home of birth for. A range of, reasons could be war, it could be economic just the economic situation. Which they find themselves so they're looking to move to other places around the world to hopefully be provided. With, A better life.
Speaker 38: Okay so the population will CHANGE its cultural significant i guess Just due to thee.
Speaker 1: Quite often that happens It's, Happened here in australia it's. HAPPENED around THE world.
Speaker 38: I wonder i wondered as well whether genous People. Would turn to islam you wonder if indigenous People?
Speaker 20: Would?
Speaker 38: Turn to islam right?
Speaker 1: And why would you why? Would you wonder that.
Speaker 38: Just because of the takeover of The rest of The, European Areas of islam Islam islam or the. Muslims are taking. Over I'm, just fearful, so?
Speaker 1: Damien what so damion what is it that they're? Taking over the country, Which, Country, In, Particular ah England.
Speaker 38: Ireland france and italy.
Speaker 1: And so, when you say takeover what? Does? That actually mean.
Speaker 38: Ah they Come over through The english channel from france and then they just jump Onto the land of england and just, DISSIPATE into. The population I guess.
Speaker 15: And so I'm.
Speaker 38: JUST concerned about australia i know we're, a long way away but, if, They're here already.
Speaker 1: Okay so so what's the fear of that damon in your Mind.
Speaker 10: That we will we're.
Speaker 38: Really like trying to step Away From like the. Union jack, of guests you know In, some areas of australia some people are. Pretty passionate about that but then, That's what we were.
Speaker 10: That's.
Speaker 38: HOW we started australia i Know we, have invaded australia, initially but you know we tried to look after its land the best we, could and the people, and yeah we have but everyone's got a bit. Of A dark history but i just feel, like they, predigt like you know by twenty, three or you know it's just going To. Be OVERRUN by muslims and i just don't Want.
Speaker 39: To become a.
Speaker 38: Muslim, and if you're not if you're not going to, roll down, that road.
Speaker 1: You Know there's consequences but i'm not too sure that anybody would force You. To become a muslim day me in.
Speaker 51: If they come, OVER and take over, i think, it's like you know once they get over like, fifty four you know fifty five percent of The Population, is not christian catholic.
Speaker 38: And it's, the other way around. The things Start, TURNING so in england i think there's six to seven like, mayors and you know like lords and all That. That are actually Muslims so they've got sharia Law Already in and sharia Court already happening in, england as we speak and the title is turning and it's got good versus. Evil sort of, thing i'm just LIKE just the more I, Look at the internet i'm just getting more AND more concerned as i grow.
Speaker 1: World, out the internet jamo if you were, if you're in charge if you were IN, charge of the uk you're the PRIME, Minister Of the Uk, Prime Minister of Australia, prime minister of france prime Or, the president of america what would you do? To, CHANGE that momentum.
Speaker 45: Ah.
Speaker 1: I not too, Sure think about it think.
Speaker 38: About think about it and.
Speaker 20: Give.
Speaker 1: Me a, callback roman. Good morning GOOD.
Speaker 10: Morning, last time i looked we. Were, still a democracy YEAH that's, not why i rang but it's. A.
Speaker 1: Pretty important point though isn't it that the we are a democracy, and Whilst not perfect that god forbid we Adopted Any, other system roman.
Speaker 10: Absolutely that's NOT anyhow the REASON i rang Was I mentoring when, ritt MILNE was on but i not got. The better of ME in the seventies i came across a cardboard sleep full Of, postcards From Earlier. Australia particularly south australia they, Have Pictures, Of them victor harbor jetty a picnic In What's, The Park, elder, Park Elder, Park, right elder, park well you know down from, the festivals and horses and you can see why the dresses and all. That but were wearing it is, probably the, late twenties early thirties, and photos Of Them beautiful photo victor harbor from the whole about twenty or thirty postcards, from from that period and so interesting thinking about maybe asking was if the historical society, be interested in them because my kids are probably going.
Speaker 1: To chuck them out well you. Can probably try that and those those sort of pieces are quite fascinating to. Have and to hold and whether or not some of those great organizations would, Want to hold them i'm not too sure, because it doesn't.
Speaker 10: MATTER it's, not important i mean they. DON'T have any value i wouldn't but they're just. So interesting to. See dick to her but as PHOTOGRAPHS from grand.
Speaker 1: And, i am beautiful yeah gorgeous. Part. Of the world roman i'll tell you what when you when, you think about it whether or not You join us Next wednesday morning when Rix here or Another wednesday, morning when, rix here feel free because he'd have a better understanding More than anyone in australia as to whether or not there is any real value in those and who would be. Interested. In holding, them.
Speaker 10: Absolutely thank you Sir.
Speaker 1: Pot on your roman always good. To talk To, You Thanks, in warnable hello james thank you for joining.
Speaker 40: Me of the morning Just a correction.
Speaker 18: ON julian's wonderful contribution i believe IT.
Speaker 1: Was three x y that's my understanding was it. Was three, X. Y you're talking yeah i think his.
Speaker 18: Father might have, originally GOT the license but. I believe it was it was Also Associated, with the. CATHOLIC church it.
Speaker 1: Was i think Both jewish them in SYDNEY and Three x y in melbourne were very Closely Associated, with the catholic church certainly through post. Sixties into the seventies is my memory.
Speaker 18: Of, that as well yes and thank threeng He lived, in fitz roy. APPARENTLY oh did he i wonder if any of listeners would know which.
Speaker 20: Street he lived in he.
Speaker 18: Didn't, welcome visitors very finally apparently, known to, yell out.
Speaker 10: Go away all.
Speaker 1: Words to that effect any.
Speaker 20: Other thing is.
Speaker 18: Tunny that Those railway signals which, julian was talking about the round ones which would go from red they were all the way Along The the P on highway from mortialk Right.
Speaker 20: Through to probably seaford were they?
Speaker 18: All, the way along yes there was just and there's one one BEN INSTALL outside THE R o C V. Club in burk street wonderful just to look at it and remember, all those trips along.
Speaker 1: As if you were heading all The way down through frankston and.
Speaker 18: Down, to the peninsula well we used To drive in from flinders and the long trip watching.
Speaker 20: Those, watching.
Speaker 18: Those railways wonderful wonderful.
Speaker 1: He is fantastic and we always look Forward to thank you james for. Saying Those nice, Words jan.
Speaker 28: Morning, morning james from. WARNERVILLE my father's birthplace i used to love those those sort of circular traffic. Lamps because you could you could watch the needle go around when it Was, Going, to.
Speaker 20: Get yes.
Speaker 1: God, yes i'd forgotten yes we Used To.
Speaker 28: Go to edith file that was our sort of spottand. So we see them But.
Speaker 37: That's Not why i're an why?
Speaker 1: DID you ring jam i ran To.
Speaker 28: Talk about, the muslims you know they are. Taking over the world.
Speaker 46: It's what they, already had years ago.
Speaker 28: Years and, Years ago in fact jerusalem Was in, fact a Muslim city and the muslims created, they gave to us and we still, use today, our counting our. Numbers Our mathematical base now i'm a bit, crook At the moment so i'm probably going to. Forget a few things but they're about half a Dozen things that the muslims gave To Us before the european english swept down with their crusades and started this, massive war between us and then we call Us The sort. Of anglo saxon Descendants prior, To, The english Crusades jews muslims and christians all lived comfortably and. Happily in that area.
Speaker 31: And THAT'S a fact.
Speaker 28: And i don't Know, WHERE poor old damien i think that's. WHAT his name was i don't know where he's. Getting his information from But there's definitely not Sharia.
Speaker 34: Law, PRACTICED in.
Speaker 1: Britain yeah i know and it's one OF the problems that i feel sometimes a little overwhelmed by when people quote something that they've read online or something that they hear by way of a lot of different theories, that are out there and it's really difficult for many of us to determine what is actually true and accurate and authentic and what is. Just, simply made.
Speaker 28: Up well the problem is when, societies are under stress and society or over the, world is under stress. People look for scapegoats it's sort of human nature to look for escapegoat and blame, them for, their discomfort. Their ills their struggles and it's, not any particular. Religion it's not anybody it's not. Your next door nay but. They're not your enemy the migrants aren't the end like it just it. Just is Mind Boggling and.
Speaker 1: Yet president trump seems to be taking a different view of, That, particular notion Too jam where he trump takes a different.
Speaker 28: View from, a lot of sensible intelligent people on. A, lot of issues yeah, That's, Very very true jam.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that it'd be interesting to. Find out, from people you Know when people, like damien, talk about you know we're being taken, Over. By you know muslims muslims are. TAKING over the world i wonder what's going to happen If And when the great lord comes back, here as was promised we'll come back to, save us all somehow and, comes, down and says, Well that's all fine you've, all DONE really well but i didn't particularly like the Way. You treated the muslims how do you reckon that's? Going to go down one double. Three six nine three thank you for all Those. Lovely messages for julian i'm sure he'd be thrilled to read, a Lot of them but i'll pass them on, By, way of saying julian it just goes to show your little contribution to this. Program that we do he does not go unrecognized by many people. Who enjoy your contribution zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Is the text line and thank you for those that are sending your lovely Comments, to our friend julian as They do Sometimes. With Mark, in stall hello.
Speaker 42: Marca Now that rahway crossing juelians talking about it was on The corner Of Holy rood and beach road and was permanently boll outed after someone.
Speaker 19: Took the dates out how?
Speaker 1: Long, AGO was that oh.
Speaker 42: I WAS still living down i was, still living.
Speaker 1: Down, there long time.
Speaker 42: Ago long time ago.
Speaker 23: And how people have to drive all The Way up to heaven street.
Speaker 20: To, get, a round yeah.
Speaker 45: YEAH that's.
Speaker 42: Not, WHY i rang no i was just just reading. In the wakely times the farmer got Pulled Up For A national heavy vehicle regulator for. Putting, a bailer high yeah on the times of his forks to go go on. Feed his mate shoet he got three hundred and ninety eight dollars. Fine for insecure life.
Speaker 1: You, are, kidding me no man you.
Speaker 42: Are the weakly time.
Speaker 1: You, are, Kidding, me no no.
Speaker 42: No that's abso. Rute that's just cool and guess what it was.
Speaker 19: On a dirt.
Speaker 42: Road just that's buddy.
Speaker 1: I'm lost for words i'm probably starting to get a bit weary this, time Of the morning but i'm. ALSO lost, for words i mean at what point does a heightened sense of the much forgotten idea Of? Common sense kicking oh really with the?
Speaker 23: Building, ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah apparently it did god forbid that that, be genuinely the, case and if not it should come. Back a.
Speaker 23: Sap, exactly, You know oh oh i've.
Speaker 42: Got a paper cut i'm going. To sue the company i'm off A medical word because i've. Got, a PAPER cut yeah.
Speaker 1: Well i, don't know about that but not. A hed on it but the stupidity associated with those things really get straight up the. Snares and, It. Mate thank you glenn no where are you on the Way back From? To, melbourne FROM sydney.
Speaker 16: Yes or i am i'm just.
Speaker 23: About off the concrete good on.
Speaker 20: You if you.
Speaker 38: Know what that means i'm just a.
Speaker 7: Bet across the border.
Speaker 1: Excellent work and come back to a. Couple of bumpy roads that'll.
Speaker 9: Do it.
Speaker 1: Every time traffic.
Speaker 39: Alert you're not?
Speaker 36: One?
Speaker 42: Hundred are you mecca?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: One hundred?
Speaker 24: PERCENT better?
Speaker 1: YOU still i still i start okay with. The program at midnight, i'm going along beautifully and then by the time it gets to close to five o'clock the voice, starts TO give out which i think is all part of this condition simply called a bit. OF a CHESTY cold i think i know, What.
Speaker 24: Caused that problem copper tell me a.
Speaker 42: Better week ago.
Speaker 13: OR a bit better i rang up with a conundrum.
Speaker 17: About how to get a note doubt from under the glass.
Speaker 51: And, drink, the, GLASS.
Speaker 1: Oh yes yes i.
Speaker 40: Give you THE answer.
Speaker 19: You did i reckon you tried it, with a, four dollars thank you.
Speaker 35: Try with.
Speaker 11: One hundred thank you.
Speaker 1: THERE was a mistake i maybe we should have gone the one, Hundred dollar note.
Speaker 23: Right all my good, stuffs on the.
Speaker 1: Hundred not the fire and, you're telling me now you're telling me now you have.
Speaker 51: Yourself A nice night and mark needs to get, back, on the highway mate because sit at a my.
Speaker 1: Reagons doing his head that's, A, very good point glenn. Thank you for that it's interesting from a. Punting Point of view and i'm not but there was a great punter in w way who may, even Well be listening although i've heard that far. From one hundred, percent having said that he, would sort of say if you're, really having a punt why you can? Only punt two dollars if you're, really having a crack if you're really genuinely, following whatever it is and you're having, a really good crack actually have, a decent good. Crack not two dollars two dollars is not going. To CHANGE your world and i thought about, that OVER the years and i. Think he's probably right if you're going to go out and, risk in a thing why not would you not put the proverbial, bang on the line even metaphorically one double three six nine three zero four double seven six nine three six nine three for those sending. A Message, really excited jimmy Zabo Exec producer Of Jackie Felgate's. Program the drive PROGRAM Here on three ow jimmy will join us the other, Side Of the News. Caroly katsu And, Barnas the Wonderful caroli kats and barnas Is Moving Towards. The australia overnight newsroom we'll bring you up to date with everything that's happened overnight if you're just joining us. For the first time lots. Of texts coming, through One In. Particular says tony mack. You are absolutely correct you can't believe what you see or, read on. THAT internet can you i get the people all The, time claiming, that australia for example, is a racist country. Which is, absolute, rubbish sometimes though, gee it's really easy it's really easy to fall and you want to sit the other. Side of this microphone sometimes it really feels as if that may. IN fact be possibility i don't believe, it to BE so but occasionally. I get An inkling it is. Australia Over and eyed jimmy zabou coming up in. The, next half Hour.
Speaker 2: Now this is Australia open, eyed with tony.
Speaker 1: McManus great toad copany thank you to all the listeners that are still WITH Us, from six pr perth whether IT be Five double a and adelaide and CERTAINLY here At three aw In melbourne with The bricky Program with ross AND ross on three aw getting underway in the next. Thirty Minutes Or. So punts state government tony mac is having a pun with. A suburban railwall link while it, is to Some, degree get a tony as we. All serve those Stations they have the, nobby's cashew nuts excellent but at what price anybody happened to go into a shell Servo station? For the nobby's cashews how much of one, size, package one double three six nine three and you get traffic for us BEFORE. We go, To jimmy'sabo Good.
Speaker 52: Morning good morning tony just to let your listeners know Anyone's Traveling on the princess. Freeway into the city police have diugverted the traffic through where it be for quite a substantial distance past the ampoll, or maybe a fatality but, it's massively banked up and obviously that route gets pretty chocers at this, time in the morning so nobody's, going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Anytime soon and you will done you and presumably even already there.
Speaker 44: Would be a bit of a lineup already already in this time where at this Particular Part of the christmas freeway people are coming in from the suburb and not for.
Speaker 1: That great nice. To talk to you, thank you for that. And you appreciate that. Jumping on the phone if you've got anything you, see in the traffic of course you can jump. On board straight away one double. Three six nine three keep us up to. Date wherever you are just looking at some of the headlines Coming Out of the united, states with the demonstration small. Area of the city this is All To. Do around los angeles so it's one that we'll watch too. Right throughout the day all part of what we do HERE. AT three a w i tell you what we do HERE. At three A W the wonderful Jimmy Zabo looks. After jackie felgates, Program, Here, We, go jimmy.
Speaker 4: Jimmy jimmy.
Speaker 1: Look At, it is it's jimmy Often Described As the darryl lee. Chocolate, of executive producers jimmy. GOOD morning to, you.
Speaker 11: I think so.
Speaker 39: But there.
Speaker 15: You go thank You that's the first i've.
Speaker 1: Got this thing At The. Moment for darryl lee Licorice, DRIPPING in dark.
Speaker 15: YEAH i love. That i, loved him you know remember the chocolate bullets what, You, were talking about.
Speaker 1: Well the, bullets is one thing but to have these big, chunks of beautiful licorice also, dripping in dark chocolate and they're on. Special at the moment they were last week at it will be this week two for. The, price of one oh how?
Speaker 15: Much that you did you head down to the supermarket while, you're a, bit sick that's right makes YOU feel better though.
Speaker 1: I was very sick enoughter you had. A packet of that you just feel. Better, ABOUT the, World YEAH i.
Speaker 15: Reckon so i reckon something to make you feel better is when you know you start the day with, a bit of gratitude?
Speaker 37: What do you?
Speaker 15: Reckon?
Speaker 1: Does that work sometimes it's very important gratitude is a. Very very, powerful sentiment.
Speaker 15: It is it IS and that's.
Speaker 39: What i was thinking.
Speaker 15: ACTUALLY on the weekend I thought of because i was driving out of my garage and it's been. Really frosty these mornings it's Been. Freezing HERE in melbourne and i was IN the garage and I drove, out, and i thought actually it's Not too bad because. I'm IN the garage BUT i remembered when I was younger and i would have to park. Out on the grass we. Didn't have a garage we, had A car port but i couldn't park in there and the windows were. FROSTED completely iced over i used to have to use the water to get OFF the ice. And i was freezing the. Heat DIDN'T work, properly and I thought that's, something I didn't have but i. CAN'T live WITHOUT now i Thought I, might ask tony max, something you didn't have but now. YOU couldn't live without i couldn't live, without. A, garage now impossible no it.
Speaker 1: Would be very very difficult back in my day for the brother Me. And my Brother phil we would we didn't. Have an inside toilet oh.
Speaker 15: That's a good one so you.
Speaker 1: Can imagine getting, up, at one two three four. O'clock in the morning, you have two boys and, You're thinking to you i've got to go and it, would be you know like zero degrees, down in the backyard just to go out and go. And, have, a, tinkle yeah.
Speaker 15: No no, Thank you how yeah so you must be really grateful now to be.
Speaker 1: Able to, do that that's right, all these years later and we've just, got THE inside version and i got to tell you it. Brings a great. Job we are grateful.
Speaker 15: That's grateful for that i've got another. Couple on the list this. Is a Bit So You know fox TEL. Ko SPORT on tv when, i was growing Up My, parents no FOX. TELL no cable tv i would have to listen to What to, Get the richmond games i'd have to look in the paper and find the radio stations that. Were calling the games the radio in My, room listening to, richmond which, was OKAY you know because i Fell in love with rex and the thread few callers and. That sort of thing but all, my mates had Cable. THEY all had foxtel. I didn't HAVE it another thing i didn't have was the air. Con and central Heating.
Speaker 1: We had no why did? YOU have, air condition i know NOT.
Speaker 15: A CHANCE until i was i think there was WOULD have, been eighteen, i, RECKON but yeah no i couldn't, live without. It now absolutely brilliant did you have any? Others? On your list yeah so for the.
Speaker 1: Other one for me would be we only have had brickheads and when, you, think about now brickheads so, We didn't have guess and then some years that it might have been the late sixties we were kids, that maybe early seventies we got this thing. Called a, gas heater oh yes uh and that was just like top of the was a ub to have this incredible new gas heater that warmed the loud room like. We'd, never known.
Speaker 15: Before, yes that's WHAT well that's what, i grew up with. Is the gas heater so that, was really you. Know that was okay but then once when we, had central heating heating it was like.
Speaker 1: Holy central heating was the top of? The was it correct and when you go to somebody else's house and they'd have the remember you got somebody else's, house at friend's house and they'd have under the concrete heating and it would come. Up through the floor the, whole house was warm, just to you know the floor was really. Warm, to, WALK on.
Speaker 15: Yeah YEAH i know well i USED to Go to friendsus for foxtel and watch the footy and. That sort, OF stuff but no i still, like them as well and, have about, This one. You know spotify now, back in the, DAY as, you know i, Mean well for me i'm obviously a, bit younger than you but we'd have to go and by the CDs or tape Video hits on a saturday morning to listen to our music. And all of that but now we've got. It at our fingertips spotify any song you want or album or do you think it takes away a bit of the magic so.
Speaker 1: You used to Go, and, Buy the YEAH look billy and i. Have Talked about THIS billy panella and i have discussed this. Over many many years one of the joys. Was, and people. Listening no we'd go you'd go and get, the say an album and you would learn the lyrics because often they'd be published on the, back at the album or you would learn. Who the players were you'd learn the which tracks fell, into each, Other after you know so it was very important you, listen to side one track one right through and you knew the context of each of those songs. Sitting on the album what that. ALBUM cover looked like i didn't know that that's available as much as it was that we're going back. Sixty seventies, and, eighties, of, course, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 15: No you're so. Right YOU'RE so right and i think it also it's a thing, with the you, know movies these days when you've got. On the streaming platforms used to go to the video, store and get it. And you'd rewatch it you watch, it a few times, you'd read the cover you'd see, who the actors were you'd pay. Attention to every line but now it's like everything's at our fingertips and we've got so many options you. Don't REALLY pay attention so i think some of. That magic has gone and.
Speaker 1: The other, Thing Too, for me jimmy zabo would be the fact that you might be watching one. Of the streaming things show comes to an end and then you're looking to.
Speaker 2: Look at the.
Speaker 1: Credits you want to spend time with the care and then it. Disappears off the screen they've moved on to a, promo FOR another show and i want to watch the credits go.
Speaker 15: Back to the credit i've done THE same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh i love it one double. Three six nine three so what are we going?
Speaker 15: To ask the audience so something you didn't have but now. You can't, live without.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is something we didn't have when, we were growing up but there's something with which you. Just cannot do without one double. Three, six nine three, jimmy as you know is The Executive producer with jackie felgate HERE. On Three a w the drive program gets underway from Three And it's always wednesday afternoon's, Always, a great show.
Speaker 15: Jimmy it always is, there's a lot Happening but especially. When richo comes in that's three thirty and. He's still my idol so love Having a chat to richow and everybody. Loves speaking to him so if you want to Have a chat to, richro, three thirty today.
Speaker 1: Okay we'll see that and it's always good to have. You, in the program mate, Nice, to talk here jimmy come and join. Us the other side one double. Three six nine three, things you didn't have but now these days you just could not live without one double. THREE six nine three i.
Speaker 15: Couldn't live without you one double.
Speaker 1: Three six ninety three things that you just couldn't live with that. In no particular. Order lots of nominations people are saying a skincare well water would be number one survival for many skin care needs a lot, more than that, then speaking of, water good clean water all these things that we we. Just take for granted things you. Couldn't live with that could you? Live? Without your phone, jay looking at you could you live without your phone? If you had to could? YOU live WITHOUT it? I? Think i could tony? Could you live? Now you Could coffee knowing how calton, is at the moment you could, live, Without everything, COFFEE coffee oh yeah i could do. Without a coffee now you put a call out the other like a, couple of hours, ago and you said anybody HAPPENED to HAVE a? U two t shirt? From?
Speaker 15: What was it.
Speaker 1: Annett They were here in australia four and played the mcg and Around The country in New. ZEALAND and also tokyo i would just love to get my hands on. Another, one of those okay, so your? Best price you go that would have retailed what ran about thirty four to thirty eight? Dollars something like that got one at the concert back then about the forty, or, fifty dollars well duly but HOLD onto. Your seat t shirt guess how much they are now if you could get, one in original condition original, condition in your size, not No longer available so i'm thinking probably one hundred and one hundred and forty hundred and, Fifty, two hundred. Dollars no two hundred if anybody just happens to have an easy one lying there, in the, plastic bag do That or We'll. Call we'll call fred fred's? Always got them books could?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Do with? That books? Great companies really important? And how many people how many of us could? Actually do without, music one double three six nine? Three stack of? Text look at. Them more coming in most people can't live without. Their iPhones these days leaving the house without your mobile phone is like leaving the. House, WITH that you oh, i can't, say that but yes it is probably exactly the sentiment thang you ending in Seven o one, outside, dunni's, at night. Lucky lucky lucky people what about those red back spiders that would glow in? The, dark back then no thank you. Couldn't live without antibiotics quite a few people are saying that. Couldn't live without, Antibiotics, good on.
Speaker 29: You.
Speaker 1: GARY well done You I mentioned earlier knobby's cashus fifty grams, two dollars ninety five fifty grams. Two dollars ninety five so that's, not the? Big bag?
Speaker 20: Is it.
Speaker 1: Is it tony memories of growing up in the sixties that can you imagine eight people trying to keep worn in front of just a very small kerosene heater could. Certainly live without that we upgraded to an oil heater in the seventies and upgraded. To gas central heater lady. In the mid eighties. You're right about that it doesn't seem. That running long ago. That's the scary part i'll be. Buttered on both, sides so you know everyone's talking about the end of the financial year or are they Nature? Be at nature, be, they're talking about hey can have better health care for the. Rest of this year, look Who? It, Is, Jeff, cook morning.
Speaker 34: Jeffrey, hey good morning yeah having better health for the. Rest of the year that's something, to look. Forward to listen to this is for your listeners a question if, you're feeling run down if you're lacking an energy and feeling, a Little bit secondhand then i've, got a great offer the invitation offer for your listeners today.
Speaker 1: Right here we go so this makes the power polity. Different from other supplements this. Is the invitation offer, Details If. You, will jeff cook, well.
Speaker 34: First of all power pollen or bee, pollen is a food not a, drug or a medicine so. That makes it different it's straight from other nature, jam pack of goodness and our potentiation process, unlocks the powered pollen making, it much more bioavailable meaning that you. Get all the benefits and those benefits are more natural energy, that lasts, all day, stronger immunity, better sleep improved. Digestion and laser focus.
Speaker 1: We do need that, it's a great deal a great way to boost especially during. These, cold winter months jeff give us the. Offer, today this morning well.
Speaker 34: It's the invitation offer if, you've never tried it have you've been. Sitting on the fence that's pretty uncomfortable wondering whether you. Will, or You won't well today i've. Got a great offer you can buy a thirty Day supply of nature beef just thirty nine, ninety five plus delivery get another thirty. Day, supply absolutely free heck that's enough for you and your partner to. Both experience the benefits and, remember it's risk free comes with. Our money? Back guarantee?
Speaker 1: Tis? Easy is that so how do the listeners get to take? Up this offer today.
Speaker 34: Jeff jump online to nature b ee dot com or call us on one eight hundred and one. Four seven double nine let's nature b but to ease, And do it today make today that writ the best day of the.
Speaker 1: Rest of your life there it, Is Good on you jeff cook there and naturebe dot com nutrition in which to believe.
Speaker 4: Days like it's been a hard day.
Speaker 24: As you busy LIKE a love when i.
Speaker 4: Get On to you.
Speaker 1: Ross Richard of the beatles. Stones playoff one morning it, was on, this day in fact That. The much loved beetles for those of a, Generation Would remember this The beetle arrived. In australia this morning the year. Was nineteen sixty Four.
Speaker 3: You do a lovenoby again when.
Speaker 27: Every.
Speaker 21: Means To be right.
Speaker 1: I'm tony mc broa we know we. May never meet again my hands only ever be, held out in friendship never in once