S1: A listener production.
S2: Activate your internet because the Hamish and Andy podcast starts in three two.
UU: Sorry, it's still buffering. One.
S3: Ahoy to me! Igneous.
S4: Rock on, baby, I think I know what we are.
S5: To me, sedimentary Jack I'm so annoyed that Hamish got it straight away. Because I actually overheard Mike at a dinner party on the weekend, telling somebody that the next one is going to be rocks, and I put that in my back pocket, ready to impress everybody.
S4: Mike. Mike said he likes dinner parties.
S3: You may be saying this though. There's a there's an sportsbet there. People bet which one's going to be every time.
S4: People play it very hard. Yeah. Okay. And so that's you like the Wordle guy the night before going, hey, I'm doing Wordle for the New York Times. Guess what? It's chips.
S5: Also, he doubled down on how hard it was without any irony. I heard him telling somebody that after his girlfriend goes to sleep, he could stay up an hour or two hours after she's asleep thinking of things that connect with each other, thinking of.
S4: Connections and categories. Oh my gosh Mike, my gosh, I love. Were you at a dinner? Was anyone at the dinner party? Did they have a more an impressive job? Was Mike trying to talk up his the difficulty of his job?
S5: He just people who've heard the podcast and heard that Mike complains about that section of it was saying like, but in real life it's not that hard. And Mike says, no, you don't understand. It's the hardest bit.
S4: Start a go fund me.
S3: I am, of course, metamorphic. We are rocks.
S4: But I like that Jackson sedimentary to. Yes, yes.
S3: Uh, ehm. Of course. Uh, you can always go to Homestead.com and upload a bit of audio. Very easy to use. Better than a WhatsApp, uh, of what you've been up to. And Charlie in London did exactly that.
S6: Ahoy, boys. Uh, this is an Aussie abroad here. Currently on a gap year. Just thought I'd let you know that I've tried to adopt Jack's ploy on my own partner.
S4: But I'm just a little boy.
S6: I can confirm this doesn't work when she wants to go shopping. And I want to watch the NBA playoffs in a sports bar. Not sure about that one.
S4: Number six.
S6: I also have a big one booked for a Scottish road trip. Wow. Couldn't believe car rentals could get their hands on such a scarce, glorious vehicle. Wow. Keep up the good work. Cheers, boys.
S4: Oh, man. Extra points if you get a shot of a T1 in front of the Loch Ness Monster. Yeah, you do. The Scottish road trip. Two of the rarest beasts on Earth. I think.
S3: The only possible explanation is that it's the owner's car that is handled like.
S4: The owner of the car rental place.
S3: No, to the car rental place. Who is lending it out to make a buck? Because there's no.
S4: Way on the form they'll often have, you know, do you want this Tiguan or similar? Now then you click through and it'll go, look, obviously we put that on as a joke. Um, you can't get you'll get. Sorry. Yeah. Sorry to get your hopes up, but we'd be like the Batmobile or similar. Like, we we obviously can't give you that, but we'll try our best. Mm. Oh, boy. Well, Jack, how is, um, just a little boy going?
S5: I have not said it again since it's been used on the podcast. It's a brave.
S4: Thing for you to.
S5: Do.
S4: I look back at that. I look back at that reckless. It was reckless for you. Certainly put it out there. But I look back at that moment and go, what are we to do with this? We were all a bit shocked when we I've seen I've saw the video of it the other day. I was like, what are we to do with this? Yeah. What are we? Thank you.
S3: Thank you, thank you. That was all we had to do.
S4: Thank you for a decade of references.
S3: Um, is Bianca aware that you're now no longer using. She'd be. I'm a little.
S5: Yes. And actually, what she had to say about the clip that went out was you didn't even do the full baby boy voice that you do in real life. Really?
S3: There's a.
S4: Voice.
S5: Please. Come on, I can't. Come on. I do love you. And I love the show, but I shouldn't have even said that.
S4: Why did you. Why did you use a red light right there? You know full well what you're doing. What? Come on. Give us the full baby boy.
S5: I can't, please don't.
S4: Don't tell me. This does involve a bonnet and a rattle.
S3: He's given us enough. I think, Andy, by the end of the year. By the end of the year.
S4: Now I'm shocked. By the end of the year, it would be nice to see the full baby.
S3: If the last show, if you can, I don't know, go to some kind of confidence school or something.
S4: Yeah, just.
S3: Just listen to some affirmations.
S4: To an ayahuasca journey or something. You come back ready to do it.
S3: That would be amazing.
S4: I actually had one the other day. I was like, oh, this is one I haven't told the fellows, but it is all the time. For the while, we're still talking about jokes. Your partner is not careful any time. So ask Siri something. I'll try and get in first. Like if she goes, um, you know, hey, Siri, how many inches in two meters? She'll go, Hey Siri, and I'll go, yes. She'll be like, no, no, don't annoy like because she doesn't want extra voice, but she'll go, how many inches or whatever, and I'll just try as fast as I can to be like 48 or, or roughly 48. She loves it. Hey, while we're on the topic of Jack. Mm. Uh, Jack. It pains me to bring this up, but I feel I must report it to the group. Okay. Um. And I wouldn't do so without evidence, but I have the evidence in front of me. Mhm. It involves. Although it wasn't brought to my attention by preferred magician and good friend of the show, magic Mike. Hashtag not a stripper. Magic Mike. Actual magician.
S3: Mm. Great magician.
S4: He is a friend of all of ours. He. He visited you recently? Yes. He went from Melbourne, from Sydney, where he lives and magics to Melbourne. He's. He's able to travel anywhere to do gigs, though. By the way, if you're interested in getting magic Mike, um, and.
S3: Appear there.
S4: Then. Yeah, he can he can if you're, if you've got a room that can have a smoke bomb go off in it, he can come. This this is where we pick up the story though. He obviously played golf with you in Melbourne. Yes. Oh, great. Look at Jack. Look at Jack. Trying not to give anything away in the witness stand.
S3: Yes.
S4: Correct. I have memory of that, sir. This is like. This is like when when Greg gets interviewed on succession in front of the Senate committee, um, he then he obviously brought with him golf gear.
S3: Um.
S4: And he bought a fella's golf. That's the brand quarter zip top. Yes. That he left.
S5: He accidentally left it in Melbourne.
S4: Did you return it to him?
S5: Not yet.
S3: Do you have any?
S4: If it please the. If it please the court. Andy, I to answer your question, I say I put to you that Jack does not have an intention to return to Mike.
S3: Do you like the jacket?
S5: I started golf this summer and so I've not yet had a chance to purchase any winter over the top wear.
S4: But sir, you did not purchase this.
S5: So I have been finding it chilly on the golf course and it's right there in my golf bag where Mike left it, and I have been wearing it.
S4: Do you intend to.
S3: Return when you house? At my house and started wearing my clothes.
S4: He doesn't mind. He doesn't mind the clothes. Weasel. Do you intend to return it, sir?
S5: I don't I in a way, yes. I thought that we could both benefit from. Well, I.
S4: Have here a screenshot of the direct message.
S3: Hang on, hang on, hang on. What's happened.
S4: Here? I have you a screenshot of the direct message that Jack sent to the makers of the quarter zip top. No, fellas. Golf. It says, hey guys, what do I do?
S5: Some things that I do.
S4: Are. Yes, yes, that's what you want to hear on the witness stand. If you're the prosecution and the defense witness does that, you just go, guys, book a big steak dinner for tonight. We've got this.
S3: He's roasted. Okay.
S4: Jack sends the DM to to the golf company, and he goes, Mike.
S5: Mike had already told me that he got the the quarter zip for free.
S4: I think he knows that. I think he's friends with the guys that started this golf brand. Mhm.
S3: Then you could easily go to Mike. Oh I'm interested in one of these. Can you connect with your friend. But no you went.
S4: No no. Look at, look at, look at the three man weave that Jack thought of. Hey, guys, can you do me a favor? My friend magic Mike was gifted one of your gray long sleeve golf tops, and he left it in my golf bag when he was in Melbourne last. Now he wants me to post it back to him. Problem is, I've started wearing it, and I enjoy it too. Like, as if that means who should own it now because we both enjoy it. So can you send him a replacement so I can keep his original laughing emoji? Love, Jack.
S3: No, please no. Prefacing that this is a bit weird, a huge request.
S4: Well, problem problem problem is, I also like it. Yeah. How do we solve this? You seem to have a warehouse full of them. Would you like to solve the problem by giving me a replacement? So in your head, I can. I can imagine you're thinking like, oh, Mike wins out of this because he gets a brand new one. That's right.
S5: And then I get to keep the one that he previously had.
S3: Did they write back? They did you get on. How did you get that?
S4: The guys from the. Yeah the guys from Fellas Golf have written Saint Gusto to you are right with a concerned tone. Oh no, he said, I've said Jack said.
S5: They would look after.
S4: It. Jack's Weaseling has taken a dark evolution instead of the light hearted cry for free peanut butter he's known for, he's turned to committing crimes. And he's. And he's leveled up his weaseling. And then they said.
S3: But it's worked. Has it has. Are they sending it out, Jack?
S5: That's what they they told me they would look after Mike getting a new one.
S4: Well, they right here I'm hoping an intervention, an intervention might save future victims from this happening.
S3: So here's a question for me. You've got the outcome you want. You've got some embarrassment, I hope. Has it been worth it? No.
S5: Okay. No.
S4: We'll see. Will you do it again? No, no, you don't want to, but you might.
S5: I don't want to. I put I put the laughing emoji in there so they know that it's like ah just mucking around. And then they said that they would actually do it.
S3: You know exactly what you're doing.
S4: It's Just mucking. Just mucking around. This is a formal request, though.
S3: Oh.
S5: And also, I hear the bell. But if we have time for it, mikes one is a bit small for me. If they would upgrade to an extra large.
UU: Extra large? Oh.
S4: And I so these continue to roll in. And you know, I the last thing I want in the world is to upset you. And I don't know and.
S3: 20 years of effort.
S4: But then sometimes it seems to be what the people want to do. Um, so let's see if some of these upset you.
UU: Everything is neat and practical, because that's the way.
S4: He likes it. But what if it wasn't?
S3: Upset, Andy. What can I self report?
S4: Yeah.
S3: You can self report on one something that's upsetting me at home. Um, and we're in a rental at the moment. And the cupboard space in the bathroom is limited. Yep. And it's quite a, quite a short cupboard. And Bec realised that she can only get her deodorant in and a few other items if she takes the lid off.
S4: And it just sneaks in, it.
S3: Just gets in, so that's nice. But also just seeing a little less deodorant, littlest deodorant.
S4: It shouldn't matter. It shouldn't.
S3: Matter. Does it roll on or spray?
S5: I guess that it's a spray. Then it's fine.
S4: Oh yeah. Roll on would matter because you're losing half a sphere. Yeah.
S3: Half is half a sphere.
S5: Unless you're continuously going in there to move the sphere around to keep it lubed up, well, then.
S4: It's even worse then you. Yeah, you wouldn't do that. You keep losing it be evaporating. You're evaporating half a sphere of dosage. But a spray should not matter. Shouldn't matter? No, but. But you don't like seeing an uncapped. No.
S3: There's a cap there for a reason. Looks neat.
S4: There's only the reason for capped deodorant is just for travel. Really? Mhm.
S3: Yeah it's true. And I mean it shouldn't matter. It shouldn't matter.
S4: As we find out with all of these. Um. Yola. Yola, ahoy!
S7: Ahoy, boys.
S4: Ahoy to you. Um, what have you got to upset Andy?
S7: Uh, so I recently went to Ikea and bought a chest of drawers. It turns out that Ikea only included one of the two backing panels in the box.
S4: A rare miss.
S7: Yeah. So instead of going back to Ikea to ask for the missing piece, who's got time for that? Um, exactly right. I eventually just nailed the one panel I did receive in the middle of the drawers, so that both sides were 50% covered in the middle and thus felt included. Yes. Um, although it does mean there is now a 25% gap on both outfits.
S4: But I assume I assume I know you don't like it, but here's the way you make it work. When you put you obviously got two sides of drawers When you put things in, do you favor, do you squeeze, squash them, squash the stuff to the middle. So it's kind of using the back and less stuff's going to fall out the back.
S7: Well, I just figured that, um, something just needed to be there. So there was some unauthorized screwing of males in unauthorized places.
S4: It just. It just needs a gesture of backing out.
S3: Hard up against the wall. Creating a back might have looked a bit neater.
S7: It is up against the wall, but I felt like it needed a secondary wall, if that makes sense.
S3: Yeah. All right.
S4: Any upsets me. Any time you're nailing something from Ikea that specifically doesn't have nails, you know, you're you've gone rogue and now you're on your own.
S3: Uh. Thanks, viola. Um.
S4: Jake? Jake? Jake, have you got something to upset? Andy?
S8: Ahoy!
S4: Ahoy, sir.
S8: So recently, we found out that one of my mates, when he orders an Uber instead of typing in the address, he'll drop a location for a pin. Mhm. Uh, which I'm fine with, but only when you get the location. Right.
S4: So he, so he said when he goes this is where we're off to. He'll just guess the pin or he'll just sort of pop the pin loosely where you're going.
S3: What are you.
S8: Scroll down to the bottom and there's an option to set location on the map. And we're heading to Perth Stadium once. And you can get dropped off at a bridge at East Perth and walk across. Yeah. But instead the Uber took us to an industrial zone next to the three freeway bridge. And when we asked him how we got there, he said I knew it was narrow bridge. Uh, but I guess I got the wrong bridge.
S3: I hate that it.
S4: Always takes longer. A rare upsetting that's actually taking longer to increase complexity. But a good one. A good one?
S3: No, he wouldn't last long.
S4: It was near a bridge.
S3: Yeah, in the far out.
S4: Six days in the Uber Sydney Harbour Bridge. That does seem a long way away. Haley. Haley. Haley, have you got something to upset Andy?
S9: Uh, hello? Yes, I do. Um, so, yeah, when my partner Thomas and I, we moved into our first rental, um, years and years ago, and we we didn't have any of our own plates, so my parents had a set of old plates in storage. So we thought to save money, we'll grab those. Yeah. Um, and we found out that the plates were these very large square plates which didn't quite fit into the microwave. Um, so they do fit if you put them in squarely. But as soon as you turn the microwave on, you'll rotate.
S4: Rotate? Yeah.
S9: Um, so they just don't spin in the microwave, which means that the food doesn't really heat very evenly. Uh.
S4: Just blast it a bit more, don't you?
S9: I don't yeah, exactly. Exactly. We just take it out, give it a bit of a stir, put it back in.
S4: With enough time, nothing can survive in a microwave.
S3: I don't like that either. I get I have a problem with things that don't rotate the Michael. I know it doesn't really matter that much.
S4: You put them on the outside or do you put it on the inside? Do you put a bowl on the outside so it gets more rotation? No, I've seen people do that.
S3: I'm dead. Middle. Is it better to go on the outside? No.
S5: Because then you're the outside of the bowl. Would stay get hotter than the inside of the bowl, wouldn't it? Because isn't the microwaves come from the side?
S4: Um, well, they.
S3: Come from the side.
S4: I think they come from all sides. Well, I tell you what, I'm yet to master my. Here's what I would like to know about microwaves. Not what we're talking about, but what what is the setting that means? My bowl is scorching hot and the chili con carney is freezing every time I can see the microwave. Like I can't hold this bowl. But the food has remained untouched.
S3: I think I mean, obviously, I think it's just the whatever the bowls matter, the ceramics is going to heat more quickly, but it shouldn't.
S4: Because I think microwaves actually heat water. That's what they're programmed to do, a program to agitate water. So you.
S5: Got soggy.
S4: Bowls. I must have high water content.
S3: So you can get up to like 1400 watt microwaves these days. That must be nice. Um, and so this is again is what definitely an upset Andy. But Beck will put things in like the rice like, but she doesn't read the pack and it's actually they say on 1800 watts. Yep. Do it for calm.
S4: It down.
S3: Two minutes. So if you put it in for 1400 watts two minutes, it comes out just explosive. So you should calm it down the microwave.
S4: Depending on the wattage, depending on the wattage, you know, it's got time for that.
S3: No one ever.
S4: No one's got time for that. See, I mean, I feel sorry for Haley. And look, the thing is, I'm. I'm an upset. Hamish is a square plate, because. Just don't try and change the game where it doesn't need to be changed. There are some areas I'm very welcome for game changing. We didn't need to change plates up round works, so I'm kind of with you. Matt. Matt, finish this off. One more thing to upset Andy.
S3: Oh, hey, boys, how are we?
S4: Very good mate.
S8: Excellent. Um, so this.
S10: Was a couple of months ago, and this got me absolutely red hot. So I don't know how you're going to go. Andrew. Um, but I was housesitting my brother and his partner's house for a couple of weeks. And in one of their drawers in the kitchen, they've got a bunch of glassware. It's more like your champagne flutes and yeah, not your sort of everyday glasses. Yeah, right.
S4: Um, secondary glass, secondary glasses.
S3: I don't like it in a drawer to begin with. Just, you know. Yeah.
S10: Not off to a good start then.
S3: Particularly champagne glasses. They've got their two tippy. You're adding it anyway. Yeah. We all know.
S10: So some of the glasses in there were like sundae glasses, which is sort of like martini glasses. Um, but like the glasses a little bit thicker. And the lip of them is uneven, like, I guess it's like a decorative thing. Yeah. But what they've done is they've put them in the drawer with the lip side down. The uneven side down? Yes. So when you open the drawer, they're all, like, wobbling around and bashing into each other and making a huge racket.
S3: Oh, yeah, I just, I mean, I take them out of the drawer. Yeah. Be like you said, if they're meant to be kind of this new fandangled designer, uh, lip.
S4: You and you glass with the youth Gen Z and their new glasses.
S3: They've got some similar ones recently which are, like, uneven on the top, like by design. Yeah. And like they're all handcrafted. Who cares? Like. And then you.
S4: Wouldn't you wouldn't accept a handcrafted car. Sometimes. Sometimes machines know how to do it better.
S3: Don't put them upside down. That's that's the.
S4: Second. I imagine there would have been more disasters in the kitchen mat. If that's. I feel like you'd just be scratching the surface there if that's what they're doing to their secondary glassware. Mhm. Were they one of these were they a family that doesn't separate um, forks, knives and spoons?
S10: No, they did a bit of that, but, um, yeah, there was a bit of shambles going on. But inside the same drawer, they've also got these, like, I guess they're like smoothie glasses, the sort of thing you see on like, Instagram. Like they're just sort of like a glass cylinder with a straw in it. So they were in the same drawer, but they were laying on their sides as well.
S3: Rolling. No. Yeah. They're rolling around as well.
S4: Mayhem.
S10: Absolute absolute chaos.
S4: Mayhem. Mayhem in that drawer. Yeah I do understand though. I mean not everyone's got time to have a special shelf for glasses and, you know, to put them upside down. But God, it's like it's like when the Titanic hits the iceberg. You know how, like, all the chandelier's fashion, everything like that just be like that on a daily on a daily basis.
S3: Thank you Matt.
S10: No worries boys, thank you.
S3: Hey, I know we said we wouldn't talk about this for six months. Mhm mhm. Um, but if things pile up, better off for us to clear it out with regards to our efforts to get the show on a coin.
UU: I need a dollar, dollar, dollar. That's what I need. Hey, hey.
S3: We've got the best listeners. Great community. Hey, Netcom, if you ever want to be in touch with us, Robert Peebles did that. He's in Spain at the moment. And, uh, he said, I spent the past 18 years running a print production and sourcing business out of Shanghai. Yep. One of my clients is the Royal Australian Mint. Here we go. So he goes, we produce the collectible folders and plastic blisters he calls them, in which the commemorative 1 or 2 coins sit.
S4: Interesting. And now I know you surely wouldn't produce any coins offshore. No country would ever do that. But yeah. Display cases. Yeah, you could put that offshore.
S3: Yes, I did work on the Wiggles project. Oh, other projects include the AFL and NRL projects recently.
S4: Yep, we're well aware of those.
S3: Yep. We were talking about how you had to get 13 million coins out there or something. I think.
S4: 16 was the number I remember being bandied.
S3: Around, he said. Way too high, way too. You've been over quoted on that front because he's not, um, putting out that amount of plastic. Uh, he would no blisters. He would know the quantity. Um, he said, I have mentioned to the mint of your ambition.
S4: This is this is the bit I like, because this is where it starts feeling Game of Thrones II, and it's like he's mentioned to a king in another realm. Yes. Uh, that we would like to do this.
S3: They have a strict coin design policy.
S4: That's what we're asking to be relaxed.
S3: Well, it can't be that strict. They put an iced vovo with very little design around it. Anyway, he said they couldn't take that design, the design that we'd put forward.
S4: Oh, we're not married.
S3: To the design. No. They said they wouldn't be able to accept that. I don't know, why. Are we going through some shady back there having to chat with someone? Just call us.
S4: Call us? We're just saying it could be this. It could be. That could be anything you want it to be. Just get the show on a coin. He does.
S3: He does. Go on to say it takes time. You may want to extend it out to 2028. Now, I think that's the I.
S4: Thought we were doing a pretty good job giving it two years. Yes.
S5: Does he say why we can't? Our current design can't go into a real coin? No.
S3: I guess he says to. He said too much. He he just he just. If it's because.
S4: My bow is too low, it's not. I could show them. I could go to the mint and show them the bow if they're worried because they're like, well, that that young man looks like he's broken in half. So it's actually how I bow. It's actually how I bow. So if it's on, if it's on anatomical error, yes I politely reject their finding.
S3: We'll check, we'll check. But anyway, that's an update on that front. You said you had something for me.
S4: Yeah, I got something on the coin front. Even though it is meant to be well and truly put to bed, we we're just going to quickly get it out of bed for a second and brush its hair before we put it back to bed for six months. For six months for a big sleep. We obviously the other front we're looking at, we're trying to approach the we're trying to approach the mint from all different directions. Jim Chalmers, Australian Treasurer yes, the federal treasurer.
S3: It is the other front. Sure, at the front and the sides in the back, please.
S4: Jim Chalmers has been bandied around as the man that if we could get him firmly onside now, a few months ago, this popped up and we were like, look, he's busy with the budget because the budget was coming out and we just everyone. That's about the time of the year that everyone's talking about. The treasurer, we knew he'd be a little bit busy if obviously, if you've been following the saga, we spoke to the person that cut his hair or cuts.
S3: His hair like the same hairdresser.
S4: Regular hairdresser, but there was a hole in the alibi because Andy, you saw him on budget night. Yeah. And he seemed to have a fresh haircut. Fresh cut. And then how? The hairdresser we talked to that does his hair said. Yeah, I actually hadn't seen him for. What did she say, six weeks. Six weeks. Yeah. Before budget. That doesn't make sense. That's way too long. Does he have another hairdresser? Possibly at the back in Canberra? Yeah, like a bit of a hair and makeup person. Yeah. No, this is from Mike. All caps message reads my son cut Jim Jarmusch's hair. Friend has just reached out to me after I proudly shared a photo of Jim Chalmers hair on budget night on my Facebook feed, saying, my son cut this man's hair. So he has shown the world Jim Chalmers budget night haircut and proud parents. Proud parents. Now, Mark's not a listener, but a friend of Mark's is. And she reached out and said, hey, Hamish and Andy are looking for the treasurer's barber. I don't know why so much of this campaign is now about the treasurer's hairdresser, but that's how people are hearing it. So you're looking for the treasurer's barber? Yeah, because if we can get the barber, we've got them all now. He goes, well, my son link cut Jim Chalmers hair a week or two before the budget. Now that would have been bang on the budget cut because everyone knows you don't get it cut that day. You. The best time for a haircut is about a week after Let it Grow in. Um, he works on Brisbane's Southside. He didn't like this. His son Mike, son Lincoln, didn't know who Jim Chalmers was, but was, of course, professional. A barber's code decrees he must cut any, cut any man's hair, but he king or pauper, the wall through the door. And so he executed his duty with honor, However, I am not sure what the barber client confidentiality is. Mike is unsure of it, but we've got Lincoln himself. The man that cut Jim Jones.
S3: Yes, yes. Link. Well, hoy hoy. How are we, lads? Right.
S4: We are good. Now we know this was some time ago now. But how? First of all, were you happy with the cut?
S11: Oh, brilliant, mate, it looked fantastic, you know. Started up nice for him. Made it look good.
S3: Did he come in and say, this is my budget cut? And with a little bit of a joke being a budget cut, play on words.
S11: Well, he came in and, you know, sat down. Normal client interaction. I do sit him down, talk to him. And at Happy Barbers we like offer free drinks and nice services and whatnot with our cuts mentioned he was politician and he's. Yeah. You know something happened in Canberra and whatnot being a bit secretive. And I was like, oh yeah, you know, whatever, you know, talking about it. And then left the shop, did a bit Google search. I was like, oh, there he is, Jim Chalmers. And I was like, oh, he looks familiar. And yeah, no, I found out it was the budget cut.
S4: So it was the budget. The budget, the budget cut. Um, now link our interest in the treasurer is heavily dependent on his ability to yay or nay future commemorative $1 coin designs. That falls under his umbrella. Did he give off any sense? When you were cutting the treasurer's hair?
S3: Not many in.
S4: Words. Many, many weeks ago. Did he give off any nonverbal sense or verbal or verbal that he would be interested in relaxing the he, up until now, quite stringent rules on how someone gets a commemorative coin. Did you get the it.
S11: Wasn't brought up, but, um, I'm sure I could find it.
S4: Did you get the sense? Did you get.
S3: We don't laugh maniacally after you say that. Link.
S4: I was just like I'm saying, did you get the sense that he's the kind of guy that would be up for going, look, we've done things one way, but there's no way we can't bend it slightly to do them another.
S11: Oh, he was pretty relaxed, to be honest.
S4: So that's a good.
S3: Sign a great sign.
S11: So it's a good sign for you? It's a good sign.
S3: Link let me put it this way. Did you suggest a different way of approaching the cut. And was he open to that?
S11: I did. I actually did. I suggested something different and he was down for it And I did it. And he liked.
S12: Boys. It could be a bit early to pop the champagne, but it's feeling like we're on here.
S4: So he's the kind of guy that's open to suggestions.
S3: Like what?
S12: What was it different?
S3: What was it different? The thing that you suggested. I just want to get to get a gauge.
S11: I, um, I suggested a different style of cut, so when it grows out, it looks nicer. And the long run for him.
S4: Better value. You can go longer between haircuts. So he likes value.
S3: Okay, good. Good. Um, well that's great. I mean, that's all we needed.
S4: That's incredible. More than we.
S3: Could have hoped for. That's huge.
S4: Psychological insights. Do you think he's coming back?
S11: He mentioned about not popping back in to see me. So we'll see what happens.
S4: Link, would you would you be happy to be an operative for us?
S11: No operative. Look, I can I can sneak some stuff in there. We'll see what happens.
S4: Suddenly, just suddenly, just just so something like. All right, I'm Jim Chalmers. I'm getting my hair cut. All right. I want you linking to subtly bring up with me the concept of the Hamish and Andy podcast. Getting a dollar coin. Okay, so let's pretend you're cutting away. Yeah. And I go, hey, link, I love that suggestion you gave me last time about the hair growing out. That's why I haven't been in for a while. It actually looked really good as it was growing out. Um, any other any other suggestions or things that you've heard? Well, I'd bring.
S11: Up bring up the story that my grandfather used to, like, collect the coins when I was young.
S4: Remember, I'm Jim Chalmers here, so we'll do the role play. So. Oh, right. Your grandpa used to collect coins. Did he?
S13: Yeah. Yeah.
S11: Well, you know, you weave it in and I'd be. Oh, yeah.
S4: No, don't tell me what you're doing cos I'm Jim Chalmers. You you're in the first person now. So. Uh. Oh so I'm Jim Chalmers, remember. Ah, your grandpa used to collect coins. Did he.
S11: Yeah he did. Oh you know that Hamish and Andy podcast. I listen to them quite a bit. I've heard they've been looking about getting a coin to be weird as a something like that.
S12: Oh, no. Don't don't be sorry.
S4: We. Yeah, right. I'll have to watch out and make sure I reject that if you think it'd be weird.
S3: Link, I cannot stress enough. We want it to be normal, as we want it.
S4: To be good as.
S13: Normal.
S4: So try again. Link. Also. Go. Oh, go. Oh, you used to collect. Your grandpa used to collect dollar coins, did he?
S13: Yes you did.
S11: And I've, I've been seeing on the, uh, Hamish and Andy podcast, I've been wanting a coin, you know, two great Australian icons. They'd be great on one.
S13: Yeah.
S4: That's okay. There we go. Thank you. Yes, it's a it's what the people want. I'll look into it. Thank you again for the haircut.
S3: I'm glad we did the rehearsal link. Mate, thank you for joining us. Really appreciate it. And good luck out there.
S4: We will contact us immediately. If he comes back.
S3: We'll go silent now from our end. Back to bed. So it's back to you though. Link to alert us.
S13: There.
S12: Easy ways.
S4: See you mate. Bye. You mate. Thank you. Have a good one. And a couple of weeks ago, you enlightened us, brought us into the world of extreme empaths.
S3: Yeah, yeah. Which I don't think I am.
S5: I don't think.
S4: So. No, I've never listed that as one of my, um, gripes against you. Too empathetic. Stop with all the empathy. No, I don't. I wouldn't call you an extreme empath, but your girlfriend Beck is your fiance. Beck is. She's one of the one of the premium examples.
S3: It came from. Obviously she felt sorry for the Castrol car during the formula one Grand Prix. They had a V8 race as well and something happened at the start which meant he missed it and he was 400m behind and Beck was very upset every time it went past and yelled at at one point, can't they just all wait for it to catch up? No.
S4: And if you've seen Disney's cars, you'd know that that Castrol car would be sad, but you'd also be trying his best. But then later jerks like Chick Hicks and stuff would be giving him hell out the back, making him really letting him know about the fact that he missed the start. But that is racing. That's racing. Um, and we got so many emails from people going like, this is me, this is me as well. I couldn't believe it. And I think it's I think it's worth shining a light on people from like, just from people going, can't stand anyone stepping on a snail because they're cute and slow and it's not their fault. They're so slow. Like just, you know, just generic ones like that to things like this. Um, from Jade. When I'm clothes shopping, if I carry around an item and then I change my mind, I still have to buy it because I feel like I got its hopes up and it'll be sad if.
S12: I put it back. That's great.
S4: Look at this. This is another one, I mean, like from Caitlin, when I'm on Instagram or any other social media site, I have to like every single post. Otherwise, I feel bad that the other posts have been left out and they feel sad. Sometimes I don't even look at the post. I just like it. Otherwise I would feel bad that it feels sad.
S3: I've got a similar one here from Krystal. I feel bad for boats that are towing something on the back like a wakeboarder.
S12: That's a big extra weight. Feels like a real struggle.
S3: I also feel bad for trucks when they go up hills. They must get tired of.
S12: Hauling all day. We are living in the world of Thomas the Tank Engine here. It's like all these machines.
S4: Have sad faces. Oh, and they all chat to each other at night. Okay. Yeah. How's this one feel?
S3: You're feeling.
S4: It? Um, yeah. No feeling you. Pauline. Um, this is from Pauline. She goes. I have one teaspoon of a slightly different size to the rest. When I see it in the cutlery drawer, I always use it first. I worry it might feel less worthy than its peers because of its difference in size and shape, and choosing it above the rest assures the spoon of its.
S12: Welcome position in my drawer. It's beautiful. The runt of the. It's beautiful. It's a.
S4: Beautiful message to send to the other.
S5: Spoon. It's the Rudolph spoon.
S4: Yes, yes. Tonight you may lead the pudding. Oh, now, a better analogy.
S3: I don't think it's going to grow into a beautiful spoon.
S4: Oh, a carving knife. If you hold on to that little spoon long enough.
S3: This is from Amy, fellow empath here with Beck. My husband and I will buy Arnett's cream favorites that have five different biscuits for our couples. I can't just pick one so I always have five. I don't want a variety to feel left out, but I'm always so full.
S12: For biscuits. But this is the length.
S4: But this is. I mean, God, these beautiful souls amongst us that you don't. We don't know that this is going on because we're just munching away on a biscuit, having a nice time. But people are putting so much more emotional care into the world. This one really got me. I was like, I don't even know how this works. This is from Rory. I think I'm an empath because when I'm out for a run and I happen to accidentally land on a crack in the path with one foot, I'll have to go out of my way to run onto another crack with the other foot and landed in the exact same position as the previous footed experienced it. Otherwise, I'll feel bad that one foot has stepped on a crack and the other one hasn't. Oh, so.
S3: It's about his.
S12: Feet.
S3: I think he's more OCD.
S4: Well, he's trying to make his feet feel not feel bad about each other, so he's like it can make running quite frustrating.
S12: I imagine it.
S4: Can. Tracking all the cracks in the world and making sure that each foot has had their fair share of cracks.
S3: It's cracking advantage. Or is.
S4: It? I don't know, I think it's more just like I used to think it's something, but I guess it's just the foot's had one. They've had a different experience now. The other foot. With the other foot.
S3: Kayla nominates her dad as an empath. And look, it'd be fair to say, you know, if you, you know, if we talk about genders, obviously there's all types. Um, but more females have been have written in for this.
S4: We are seeing a few more girls, not tons of blokes writing for this.
S3: Her dad, he said he will rotate his socks evenly through the sock drawer. He'll never wear one again until everyone's had a go.
S12: Really?
S4: Because he doesn't want them to feel.
S3: Doesn't want him to feel left out.
S4: He just wants him to all know that he cares about them.
S12: How could you possibly do that?
S4: I reckon I never do that. I have hundreds of socks because I go through spurts of worrying that I'll run out of socks. So I just have socks. Security is what I care about. Then I have almost like the mantle of the earth. I have like a, I have a very deep sock drawer and a layer that I've. I haven't looked under for years, but may well have some of my favorite socks in it. But then about the nine pairs I enjoy, they rotate around like topsoil, yes, but as you dig down into the crust, you will find some of the ones from Covid that I bought. They're still in there. They're doing a very important job. They're holding up the topsoil, but I'll never dig down that deep. I just want to say this off the top. We don't laugh at names. We don't laugh at names anymore. We don't laugh at names. Gone are the days. I mean, we have laughed. We've all been. Many decades ago, Bart Simpson created a career out of laughing at names. Is huge ass there. You know. Hey, guys, I'm looking for a huge ass. Now we all laughed. Yeah, we all laughed in the 90s. Then we learnt you don't laugh at names. You didn't ask for that name. If there is a huge ass out there. He didn't ask for that name. Well, we did do.
S3: A whole series of pranks where we'd ring like a regional sports team or like, uh.
S4: That's true. Yes. And we'd go like, you know. Yeah. Chips. Mcgibbons.
S3: Yeah. And the whole point.
S4: Was Simpson or whatever. The whole point.
S3: Was you or I were to hold up. Yes, uh, a silly name.
S4: Yeah, but that was actually about not laughing at names.
S12: Well, because we had to.
S4: We had to get through it without laughing. So I'd say that was still under the rules of we don't laugh at names now. So that's I understand that rule. So imagine my surprise when, against all odds and against my best wishes, I did laugh at a name the other day, and I wasn't expecting to laugh at a name, and I didn't laugh loud. But it did get this. It got a got a.
S12: I know the type of.
S4: I know the top. And I looked at Zoe to see if she'd heard and she hadn't heard it. And I was like, this is one of the ones. We were at the airport. So I was like, she's busy. And I was like, do I share this? Um, she's busy. My brain always thinks comedy will, like, will rule. No matter how busy Zoe is. There's a voice in my head that goes, no, she'll find this funny.
S12: Stop her.
S4: Tell her. Tell her your funny thing. And it's never right. So we're checking in, we're checking in. And there's a very professional man there who actually has a, like, a normal sounding like, well, not normal, a un un unusual, a common, unremarkable, unremarkable surname. No such thing as normal. We love all names, but just not a name that you would look twice at. However, in this setting, you'll see why it gets the laugh. He's like, he's like 50 years old. Like I'd say, I don't know, finance. Like, looks like he's important. And it's like at the the check in desk.
S3: The Qantas thing must probably, probably be business class check in.
S4: Uh, not for me. No check in with kids. So you have to line up. And it must be very nice for you guys just dumping bags and straight to the business lounge, but I unfortunately, I'm in the cube common manning it, But I.
S3: Doubt that.
S4: Even though we had a valet and.
S12: They were doing it while I.
S4: Was sitting on my, I was sitting on the back of the tractor waiting to be driven to the gates, does all the check in and hand the thing back and then go. There you go, Mr. Bean. Enjoy.
S12: Oh that's funny. It's good. Enjoy the flight, I. Oh. Yeah. Did he not speak?
S3: Did he go?
S12: Did have a little teddy bear. But I was like, see this guy?
S4: This guy's Mr. Bean.
S12: He's. He's put up with that his whole life.
S4: And I felt bad because I was like, if he sees me laugh, he knows what I'm laughing.
S12: Yeah, exactly.
S4: It's like when tall people get told they're tall. It's like, yes, I'm aware I'm tall. Like, he knows he's Mr. Bean.
S12: He's Mr. Bean. That's tough for him. He's he's got he's got to deal with that. And he didn't.
S4: Didn't look like.
S3: Did his luggage have three wheels? No. That was, that wasn't Mr. Bean's.
S4: Car, was it. That was his nemesis.
S12: His nemesis. I got.
S4: To watch. I got to watch out for that guy. But it did. I was like, am I laughing because I'm laughing because I'm. Or am I thinking of Rowan Atkinson? And he's funny and Mr. Bean is funny. And that's why I'm laughing. Or I'm just laughing because this guy is Mr. Bean.
S3: So did he register? You go there.
S13: Mm mm.
S4: I think I got away with it. Yeah, I think I got away with it. But then again to to my point then I was like, hey. So you know, she's like got kids bags. I was like, I don't know. His first name is his last name is bean. Yes.
S12: So when the.
S4: Then the person had the ticket, you get Mr. Bean.
S12: He's like just.
S4: Crickets. Like.
S5: And she not saying Mr. Bean.
S12: I don't think so, Jack.
S4: I think I think, yeah, she must have missed it because it was a very funny.
S2: Thanks for listening to the Hamish and Andy podcast. Will return next week. Catch up or contribute at Hamish and Andy. Com.