S1: Listener.
S2: Keepod acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of the land in which we're recording this podcast. The Ulucay Wulan clan of the Bunurong, who are part of the Kulin nation. We pay our respects to our elders, past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
S3: Welcome to the Kick Pod, a.
S2: Dam with your besties on the stuff that matters.
S4: One. Two. Three.
UU: One. Two. Three.
S3: Hello, hello. Oh, Steffi, you poor thing with your voice. Yeah. It's like it's it's slowly hanging on in there.
S2: Guys, I have had a throat.
S3: Infection and it's inflamed my entire throat. I'm actually on Laura's puffer. We're on matching asthma medication, so I take a preventer four times a day. Have basically my entire life. And Steph is now on the exact same preventer, even the same dosage. Yeah, it's really weird. Like.
S2: My doctor asked me, like two times because I, I don't have, like a doctor that I see every time I'm trying to work through that, because I really miss that feeling. When I was growing up, I had one doctor and I saw her every time there was anything wrong with me for like 18 years.
S3: Do you know what I love about this, Stephanie? We have been talking about you getting a family doctor for five years. I know, I know, I.
S2: Have lived in the.
S3: Area now for like five out of Balwyn, uh, 12 years ago. I know it's so.
S2: Insane, but I, like I go to the same place now. I've at least, like, picked my place, funnily enough, not in my suburb. Like stupid. It's still like 20 minutes away. But anyway, that's where I've been going. It's where, like, Josh and Harvey, they have all the info because, you know, you have to, like, go through the first appointment again. It's always more expensive and like more info and blah blah blah. So we've just kept going back to the same place. But I haven't necessarily had the same doctor every time. But the one I had, she asked me like 2 or 3 times in the appointment if I have my asthma, if I'm sure I don't have asthma because of how inflamed my throat was. And I was like, no, like I, I very highly doubt I've gone through my whole life and everything. And she was like, okay, well, it might just be, you know, because you've got a really infected throat. But she said, there's nothing I can give you for the infection because it's passing, but like, you need to be able to breathe. So here's a puffer. Um, and I have to take it every single morning and night and preferably in the middle of the day. And then any time, like if I've done exercise or I've got at the top of the stairs and I'm struggling to breathe, like basically any time throughout the day that I need it as well. Um, which was great timing, and I'm glad I went to the doctors because we've just finished a week filming new kick workouts, which luckily for me, and I'm not going to go into what they were, but luckily for me, a lot of mine were quite gentle because if it was like hit or something, which, okay, I've given you a clue, it's not hit. I probably wouldn't have been able to do it. Like any time my heart rate went up this week, I was really struggling to breathe. So that's why my voice sounds the way it does. Um, apologies. It's not even like a sexy.
S3: You know, it sounds sexy. You sound unwell.
S2: Yeah, but I feel fine. Like I feel totally fine.
S3: It's just been a grim week for you. Yeah. Anyway, it has. But I'm really grateful to be an asthma twin with you. Shout out to any clad lungs that also have asthma. Thank you. That's what it's called. Well. Oh my goodness me. Okay. Well on that note. Yeah on that, on that note about asthma. We have got.
S2: Quite the gear.
S3: Change. Quite the gear change. Because our sax collection, as you would know, is live. And the feedback has just been surreal. It's just been incredible to see how many of you are loving the collection. And we are just so grateful for all of your support. And seriously, every time we launch something into the world, there's always this feeling like I have the night before of like, is this gonna like. Will people like it? Like, I don't know, I feel like you would think that because we, you know, the first collection sold out in 30 minutes. You think we'd go into this one? Obviously we have confidence, but it's just like it's always something in the back of your head of like, oh my goodness, will people like it? Like, you never know. And you guys have and we're just we're so grateful.
S2: When we wanted to do it again, we wanted to make sure that we took everything that we know you loved about the first collection, and then just find more things that we thought you would love. Um, and so in this collection, there is some of the favorite pieces from the last one. Um, but we've also got some brand new pieces, and these are pieces that stacks have never designed before. So it was really fun to go through the whole process with Dawn, um, and actually be a part of that design and get the samples and everything and get it perfect. Um, and so we're really excited. It's also in their iconic premium seamless fabric, which is so comfortable and so functional. I personally love training in it. It's probably if you watch any of my like, workout content 80% of the time I'm in the premium seamless gear, so we wanted to mix it up because the last collection was in their Nan Dex material. And what we love about stacks is their dedication to inclusivity. So every piece that we've got is available from Size Extra, Extra Small to four XL. And we are so excited for your deliveries to arrive because we just want to see you guys in it. So please, if you feel comfortable, we'd love to see your post-workout selfies. Or maybe when you just get the delivery, pop it on, make sure you tag us so we see it. Share them in our Facebook community if you want. We're just yeah, so keen to have them in your hands.
S3: And if you want to get your hands on the collection, you can shop it now on the stacks website. We will put the link in the show notes. So the other week I was at the airport on a Sunday and the Good Weekend magazine was there and I was like, well, I will have a read of this. So I flicked through and one article in particular got my attention and I read it and I loved it, and it was very well written was by Nikki Gemmell and it was called a fitting climax. Gen Z are cottoning on to this unequal dynamic. Now it got me thinking about the orgasm gap, because that was essentially what it was about. And what I loved about this article was it spoke about how Gen Z are actually reportedly like from all the surveys that have been done and research having less sex and a reason for that. One of the reasons is because the orgasm gap is still very much exists. Like when I say the orgasm gap for everyone listening that maybe hasn't heard of it before. When women and men have sex, men have way more orgasms than women.
S2: So on average, on average.
S3: Exactly right. So it was there was a study from in the US journal Sexual Medicine called The Lifelong Orgasm Gap exploring age's impact on orgasm rates was an eight year study. So it's actually quite a long study with 25,000 Americans. Now, it wasn't American Studies only article. They were like our Australians the same. Likely they are between 18 to 100 years old. Go off to those over honestly 80 still going at it. Amazing. The study found that men orgasm 75 to 80% during heterosexual intercourse, and women orgasmed 46 to 58% during heterosexual intercourse, and women would orgasm much more, or they do in same sex relationships. So the gap there is rather large. That's like almost 30%, a little bit more. So depending. That's crazy right? And what this article was talking about was how Gen Z. Maybe they've cottoned onto it and they would prefer to just not have it, not to have sex and to self-pleasure instead. And I'm like, fucking sorry to swear. Sorry. I should have warned before, but go off like. Seriously. I just feel like we don't need to live in a world anymore. Where as women we have shit sex like we don't. And for a one night stand, like, it's just. We just don't need to because we're so much more empowered. There's so many more options for us than before.
S2: I agree, I think there's just a lot more information about it too. Like I think even like in movies and TV shows and stuff like that, things like consent or talking about what you like during sex, like all of that is so much more apparent in movies now. Whereas like the movies we grew up watching, they would just like bang together. They'd both climax at the same time. It's so true. How fucking often does that happen? Exactly? So like, it's just we had this unrealistic expectation of sex. And I remember with past relationships I would fake an orgasm because I was like, well, it hasn't happened yet, but I know it probably should have, so blah. Well, I.
S3: Know it's not going to and my clitoris is numb and I am done here.
S2: So like it's really I do remember what that like felt like to just either like, not be interested in it or just like, feel like I faked it because there was something wrong with me, because I didn't know how like it should feel or whatever. Um, very, very, very grateful that I'm now in a loving relationship where he makes it a top priority that I have that at the very least, like, it's like he puts my my needs or wants before his, which is amazing. Um, but that's how it should be, right? If you're not, if you're not enjoying it, you should feel comfortable with the person that you're having sex with to speak about it and to like, direct them or whatever. And I feel like Gen Zs, and it's not even just in sex. It's in so many different corners of life now. They are empowered to do things like that because they know they know more than we did.
S3: They do. And I'm.
S2: So happy.
S3: I agree. I'm like, go off seriously. And the other thing as well was in this article is and we already know this, we know it's much harder for but again, you just said in movies people have an orgasm in sex, right? Women.
S2: That's so hard.
S3: Only so 80% of women cannot orgasm with just penetration in a heterosexual relationship or sexual experience. So I think that's super important to remember as well, because again, people think I do think women can often think like you just said, Steffi, there's something wrong with us. If we can't orgasm during penetration, it doesn't mean that we don't enjoy sex, but it is actually really difficult to do so. Now the other thing, there's a lot of sexy news. The other thing that came out on the weekend is the Body and Soul 2024 Sex Census, which is amazing. They have done Body and Soul Team. They've done so much work on this. It was a nationwide survey of 2000 people aged 18 to 75. So nationwide in Australia, all sexualities, metro and regional areas. And okay, so how long do you think on average does sex last?
S2: What is it like you've started having intercourse and like how? Yeah. On average, yeah seven minutes.
S3: Oh, I actually would have said that too, but at 16.5. Wait, what? I know people. What the fuck? Did people tell the truth? Jesus.
S2: I mean, maybe. Well, you know, that's not always a good thing. Maybe it's just. Maybe they're having sex with someone for the first time, and it's just not working out. It's taken a long time to get there. Or they're really enjoying it. And they're going for multiple orgasms, which again, go off. Off. Exactly.
S3: Love. Okay. 16% of women have an orgasm. Oh, here you go. This is around having sex in Australia. 16% of women have an orgasm every time they have sex, compared to 44% of men. Again, a gap. 93% of people most regularly have sex in bed. Thank you. Oh, fuck. Thank you. I love this too, because I feel like sometimes you feel pressure to again from the movies. Movies have just ruined our idea of what sex is. But on the I would honestly, having sex on the kitchen bench is not of interest to me. A hard Surface. That's cold. Yeah. No. And has pointy edges. Just not when you have a comfortable bed.
S2: Yeah. Also, just like the height never works out. True. Like, who the fuck is that tall? Who? What male is that tall? That they can penetrate someone on top of a kitchen bench? I feel like that's, like, quite so true.
S3: But what? Yeah, exactly. Exactly. And what about what's the movie? There's a movie with Channing Tatum. Mhm.
S2: Magic Mike.
S3: Magic. Magic. The last magic Mike. Yes it is. And he is someone that in movies. But that's magic Mike. I know. Gives the perception that sex can be had in every single location.
S2: And I think with the magic Mike person.
S3: It probably is because it's just different.
S2: But that's not that's not your average sex.
S3: The reality. Okay. True true true. Okay. Uh, 1 in 4 people have had sex with someone within six hours of meeting them.
S2: Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Like a one night stand?
S3: Yeah. Majority of women say. Or what do you think majority of women say is their favorite position versus men?
S2: I reckon most women say mhm. Actually I was going to say missionary, but I reckon maybe being on top missionary.
S3: Really.
S2: Okay.
S3: Is that say missionary when you're on the bottom. Oh my favorite. Yeah. Because you do less low effort but see like my.
S2: Favorite is actually being on top.
S3: Because.
S2: That way I actually can. That's the only position where I know how I can climax.
S3: Oh, there you go. Yeah.
S2: No other position works for me.
S3: Okay.
S2: So that's why I like being on the top. Because I'm in control. Um. And then men, I think.
S3: Doggy. Yeah, 100%. Why do you think that?
S2: I don't know, because they're like, feel like they're powerful. I don't know what it is.
S3: Mhm.
S2: Why, what is it.
S3: I think that no I don't know. I thought I would have like a. Why is that.
S2: Why is that option.
S3: More than 30. Oh my God! Steffi! This is such a slave for you and also me. 39% of people schedule it in. I love that, I feel like. Exactly. And it is okay. And it doesn't make it unsexy. And if you are scheduling in your sex, so is almost half of the population of people having sex. 10% of people aged 18 to 27 have never had sex. I love that too, because obviously if you haven't found someone you want to have sex with, it's fine. Yeah, exactly. 77. Oh my goodness. Okay. How many people? Percentage of people. I've already said it. Seven. Yeah. Okay. Admitted to cheating with their boss.
S2: 7% of people?
S3: Quite a lot. Wow. That is actually quite a lot. That is a lot more than I thought. Okay. Okay. Moving right on. 3% fantasize about their barista. Oh, that's.
S2: They are always very charming, though, I feel. No, as in, like, my.
S3: Baristas a lady. And. Yeah, it's not for me.
S2: That character is, like, very like charming. Like how many? I've not my local ones, but I've.
S3: Gone to cafes, just to be.
S2: Clear. But I've gone to cafes before, like, oh, I'm driving by and I need to get a coffee before something or whatever, and I'll pull in and they're very chatty and very charismatic.
S3: I've actually never felt anything. I mean, I love baristas, I think they're gorgeous and I love I feel joy from them, but I've never felt sexual attraction.
S2: No, I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that I have. What I'm.
S3: Saying is. But fantasy. Have you fantasized about them? No, no. But you know why people have.
S2: I know why people have. Because they can be very charismatic people. Because they're like talking to people all day and they're like, what are you doing? Or, like, try this.
S3: Okay, whatever. No, I love it.
S2: I haven't and I wouldn't, but I can see why.
S3: Well, maybe you would. You never know. Like, it's.
S2: Different to like, a postman. Actually, our postman is really friendly. I would not actually fantasize about.
S3: Him, but. Okay.
S2: What I was getting at. Is there a.
S3: Profession? Only 3%. So I feel like it's not. Actually, it's more 4% more people have admitted to cheating with their boss. So we're not talking about 30% here, just three. So I think I just want to crawl in, I think is the sexiest profession. Oh, that's a lot of saliva. Went right up. Um.
S2: That's a really good question. I actually think tradies are okay.
S3: There's something.
S2: About tradies for.
S3: Me, not for me.
S2: I mean, almost all of my exes have been tradies.
S3: So I mean, not that handyman. I find it so attractive. It is. Yeah. To be able to fix a doorknob or something. I don't know why I thought of a doorknob, but thank you. Yeah, and I don't know.
S2: There's something about dirty tradie shorts and hard steel boots.
S3: So do you know why I don't I don't find and obviously tradies like if any tradies listening. Love you. Thank you for listening. You are a cloud ling. But the reason I don't. That wouldn't be the one for me is because I have been woof whistled so many times and it makes me so angry. Yeah. Fair enough. A lot of them. And when you're like when, if you're if I'm running and then they're all like, say, turn. And then I look at them and I put my finger up and I run and I cover my butt with my hands. I know, I get so angry. It just makes me so. I just feel like objectified, I hate it. So anyway. But there you go. There you go, guys. Let us know. I really want to know. What are you surprised by these stats? Are any of these stats like. Did anything bring up a story for you? So if you thought if do you fantasize about your barista? Have you cheated with your boss? Is do you schedule it in? Is it what here surprised you or didn't surprise you? And what stories do you have? I want to know. Okay, we want to know. We want to know. So please send them in to our Instagram at Kick Pod. DM us. You can send a voice note or write it out. And yeah, I cannot wait to hear.
S4: One. Two three.
S2: Last week we spoke about some plumbing disasters, particularly Laura's one where shit was literally appearing in her bath and shower.
S3: Yuck. In the drain in the drain.
S2: And I shared that I almost shattered my father in law's head through plumbing. And so we just knew that we weren't alone in these plumbing stories. And you guys have come with the goods.
S3: You've come with the goods. Okay, so the first one here. So I had just started a new job fresh out of uni, and I wasn't a fan of being able to see who goes into the toilet and when they come out. Can I just say I agree? I agree. I don't want to know. Nobody I don't want to know. I do not want to know. Normally I would just hold my urine at work. I always find it so impressive for people. There's some people that actually don't go to the toilet. I'm pretty good at it. I can hold quite well. No, I go, but I'm also not super, super regular. So, like, I feel like it's easier for me to hold. Um, but yeah, I do, I feel you. Okay, so usually I just wait until I get home. But one day I went. One day I thought I would just get over my fear and go because I really needed to go. So off I went. I know this is not going to be good. And I began stressing that people will know I have been gone for so long. So I finish up and it's time to flush. The poo does not disappear. Oh my God, this is my worst nightmare at work. So I flush again and again. Nothing I now know full well I have been gone for half an hour so I start panicking. Then I realize also just a warning here. This might be TMI. The poo is stuck because it's bigger than the hole in the toilet. What the heck? Is it because you've been holding on all week? Because you haven't? Oh my God. And I think to myself, fuck, I'm going to either have to grab grab this thing out, like, like wash it out of the pool. Where the fuck was I going to put it? So true, because it goes in the toilet or push or. Oh my God, I'll push it down.
S2: Oh my God. Oh my God.
S3: So I decided on the less disgusting and hands on approach and rap. I don't know if there's anything less disgusting here. Rap my hand in a million layers of toilet paper. Pray to the toilet gods. Press the flesh and nudge the poo at the same time. And it worked. Holy fucking shit. Talk about poo trauma. No pun intended. Let's say I didn't put work again. And when I started at my next job and realized the toilets were more private and away from the office desk desks, I was a happy gal. Oh my God, my actual God. Yeah, that is my worst nightmare. And also also if you have to call a plumber at work if the toilet. It also, do you know how much it costs to call a plumber to unblock a poo in a toilet? I don't want to know. It's like close to $1,000.
S2: No, I would not. I would put toilet paper over and run and I'd be like, that wasn't me. Who the fuck did that? No fucking way. Not at work. No.
S3: Imagine. And because it wouldn't, you wouldn't. You'd probably go to em.
S2: Yeah, exactly. Our head of.
S3: Ops and say. Not that Em's job is to, like, fix the toilet, obviously, but it's just em is like the mother of our office and would know what to do, and I feel like I. Oh my God. Oh my God.
S2: You know what I, I I've spoken before about my bowel issues on this podcast before. And if you, if you weren't here from that like really long story short, I like my stomach. Like if I don't go to the toilet, I then feel incredibly, really uncomfortable. And I also feel like I'm going to fart and it's going to smell. So like I just go to the toilet, right? And I'm quite comfortable going to the toilet at work now because I know that if I don't, that's my that's my nightmare. Yeah. Um, and but what I used to do when I wasn't so comfortable, there was like a few things I did it that, like, made me feel. And I know other people do it. Give us a tool that other people do it. If you know you're going to go do a poo. Yep. You sit down, you put a little bit of toilet paper in the bowl. It doesn't plop, so it doesn't plop.
S3: That's smart. I actually never thought of that. Aha.
S2: And also, like, it also means it doesn't, like skid down the toilet thing. So you don't have to use, like, the toilet brush afterwards. Cause that's true.
S3: At work. Yeah. Have you ever lifted, like, a super clean office? It's so good. They get cleaned every hour, but in no toilet block is the communal toilet brush.
S2: Oh, no. No, no. It's never a vibe, right? Um, but. And then it's also like, in case you think that, like, you're maybe going to fart or there's going to be a noise as you poo. Sometimes there is, sometimes it's not. Um, I know everyone else does this as soon as someone else is using the hand dryer or the or the tap or they're flushed, that's when you go, okay. That's when you do it. And I know that happens because I've sat next to someone else in a cubicle before where as soon as the hairdryer went, I heard them go for it because I was sitting right next to them. But like doesn't work.
S3: As well as we.
S2: Think. Common tactics though. If they make you feel better, do them because it is totally normal to have to go to the toilet.
S3: Um, have you ever walked out of going to the toilet? You know what? My least favorite member has walked into that cubicle and you've had eye contact.
S2: No, I mean, probably probably, but I'm not. Honestly, I don't give a shit anymore. I'm like, I need to go to the toilet. The thing that I don't like is there's cubicles. As in, sorry, they were talking about toilet cubicles. I mean, phone booths where, like, people work. Yes, solely just outside of the toilet. And my least favorite thing is when I know I need a poo, someone's watched me go in. So the whole time I'm doing a poo, I'm like, they're going to see me come out. And it's been like ten minutes. I don't.
S3: Think any because can I say, if you did that, I would just assume you've you've got stuck on your.
S2: Phone. You're just playing.
S3: On my phone, I feel like. Yeah, I would think, oh Steph's taking her phone into the toilet.
S2: Yeah. And to be honest, sometimes when I'm doing poo, I will do that and I'll play on my phone and I'll be like, fuck, I've.
S3: Been getting texts and way too long on the toilet.
S2: I need to get off the toilet now.
S3: Oh my goodness. Okay, okay. Thank you. Steffi. Can I just say thank you for that? That was very helpful. Very helpful. Okay. This next story is from Stephie.
S5: Hi, Steph and Laura. I'm such a massive fan of the kick pod. I also love that this is how I'm first interacting with you guys. So I didn't have a plumbing disaster, but I almost did when I was studying abroad in Paris. My friend and I were living in a tiny little flat and the toilet was just off the living room. So when you pooped, everyone was really pooping with you. And I have notoriously big poops, so I went to go take one and it wouldn't flush. I panicked for a second and was like, okay, look around. What can you use to basically chop this up? And I found some chopsticks and took the two sticks and went in there and chopped it up and it flushed. And that is my poop success story. And if I'm ever in a bind, or if you're ever in a bind, look for chopsticks, I promise you. They're the best utensils out there. Um, I hope that this doesn't ruin your sushi experience. Um, but, yeah, that's my poop story. I hope it makes you laugh a little.
S2: Oh, I really hope they went in their bins.
S3: I fucking love you. I love I.
S2: Really hope they went in.
S3: There. I don't know where you were going to go, but then when she said, I chopped it up. Oh my God. Okay. Thank you, thank you. This next one is from Amelia.
S6: So a few years ago, I was working in America at a summer camp. Um, and one of the staff there invited me home to her family home, um, in Kansas for the weekend. It was the first time meeting her family, and it was my first time eating, um, a big, like, American grill up. It did not agree with my tummy. I went to the bathroom, did a giant poo, but the plumbing there was subpar at best. Um, so it got stuck. I tried flushing and flushing and the water was was rising. Um, so I got the plunger out, and that made everything overflow. So the contents of my giant poo and the toilet paper and all of the water went all over their bathroom floor. I had no idea what to do. Um, but I went and got my friend, and then she got her dad. Mind you, you know, I'd met him a few hours earlier, and he fixed it, but safe to say, the rest of the weekend was just cringey as I haven't stayed friends with her. Not sure if it's because of the poo or not. Um, but it's probably for the best so that this story doesn't get brought up time and time again.
S2: Oh my God, that is that is my.
S3: I'm so sorry. That is my worst nightmare. Like being stuck in a toilet with a poo that won't flush is the worst. But then trying to fix it and it going on the floor and having to call in your friend and your friend's dad.
S2: You know what you have to do, would.
S3: You? I would have climbed out the window and run away.
S2: No, this is the tip. Even if it happens at home. Oh my God, you've got so many tips. I know it's happened to me before. Um, when you flush and the water rises, like, you know, it's clogged, like, okay, fuck. If I keep flushing, it's just going to keep rising and rising. Those kind of clogs. You get boiling water and you pour boiling water into the toilet bowl and it, like, breaks up whatever's in there, obviously your shit or whatever, but it, like, genuinely loosens things up. And then you wait, like, I don't know, five minutes or so don't go straight away, and then you flush and it'll go down.
S3: I feel like I've just had a toilet masterclass. Thank you so much. Okay. And this last one is from Kristen.
S7: So I've had a few plumbing disaster stories, but the worst one was when I was a grad student living in campus housing. It was pretty late at night, maybe 10 or 1030, and I just clogged the toilet. It overflowed. The mess in the bathroom was horrifying, and I had to call the emergency maintenance number because it was after hours and these two guys had to come to my apartment late at night to fix the toilet. And then I had to clean up this absolutely disgusting mess in my bathroom. I've never quite recovered from that one mentally, and it's been probably eight years by now. It was bad.
S2: Oh my God.
S3: I would not have recovered either. I know that's something that like. Honestly. Touch wood. Thank you for guys. I feel like too if anyone was fearful of this happening, I don't know if this helped. It does happen though. But honestly, I would never recover.
S2: No, you know what you would have done in that moment. What? I just had a one night stand. Can you believe that? This is what they left me with. You would have totally lied.
S3: Percent. 100%. Oh my God, guys, we love you. Thank you Stephanie. Thank you for the masterclass. It was really quite a.
S2: Surprise and.
S3: I didn't know you had this information in you, but I'm really glad you shared it guys, those stories were just incredible. Thank you very much. And we hope that in future it will flush down for you. But.
S8: But is it time for a special share?
S3: Share I am going to recommend and my special share of the week is Michelle Andrew's new podcast called glass. Well, it's really it kind of feels like it's an audio essay. I think they're calling it, but it sounds it feels like you're listening to an audiobook. Exactly. Now, mish, who is the founder of Shameless Media, obviously, as you guys, we know most of you also love.
S2: We have done our surveys.
S3: You love Michelle and Zara. You love shameless. So I'm sure a lot of you have already listened to it, but if you haven't, it is just a beautiful gift to the world. So Misha's been going through her own journey with infertility for 18 months now and I um, I spend quite, quite a bit of time with Misha, and I've kind of known what she's been going through behind the scenes, and it has been just so heartbreaking to see her go through it. And, um, in this and she said to me that I really when it's time, I'll share this, I'll share this story publicly. And, you know, it'll hopefully to to be able to help people because it just feels so fucking isolating and unfair. Exactly right. And so Misha, very, very, very generously, generously wrote this beautiful Useful essay. It goes through about 70 minutes. It's three parts. Yeah, they're all about 20 minutes. And it is just it is just one of the most like she's an incredible, incredible writer. Oh she's so she's so bloody talented. So the way that you feel like you're there when she's telling the story, but the way that she details it, I think when people have this amazing ability to put exactly how you feel into words. Not all of us can do that, obviously. And Mitch has this incredible talent and she's she's done it in this way that I just feel like it'll make so many people feel so seen and just not not alone. It's beautiful. I cried through a lot of episode two and three just in like, pride of like, wow, you're incredible for telling this, but also like, fuck the pain. It is. So like, infertility is just such a shit thing. Like there's nothing else you can kind of say about it. It's really hard. And she also speaks as well about her family's journey because it's not just her story. And I thought it was. It was a really interesting perspective to hear not only her story, which I feel like I've never heard that before from her, kind of when I've heard infertility stories. Also the story of her grandmother and her mother.
S2: Yeah. And I think it was like, because what that really added to it was, I'm sure the feeling that a lot of people go through when a loved one has gone through something heavy is you kind of think like, well, it's happened to them. It's not going to happen to me. Or it's like you've already out of the statistics of how many people go through these kind of things. Like, I already know enough people close to me that it's happened to. So like, surely it wouldn't happen to me. Um, and then just like kind of sitting with that or like going through some of the stuff herself and then realizing like someone's so close to her could relate so closely with what she's going through. It's just I did agree the honesty in the episodes was so refreshing as well. Like even in episode two, she goes into more so kind of like aesthetic insecurities that she's gone through. And like With, you know, with infertility that like making her feel like she's aging more than her body is. And then so it makes her more conscious of different things, like fine lines or like appearance wise or whatever. And I just felt like all of that was so honest and like, just stuff that people are scared to be open about, particularly people with a platform. So I totally agree. I thought it was such an incredible thing that she's done. And yeah, I knew it was going to be a special show because it is truly special. One of the most special shows we could possibly share. Um, and I listened to it to this week, and I just just loved listening to it. And she is phenomenal.
S3: Yeah I agree. Mhm.
S2: Um, cause I knew you were going to share that. I was like, I got to think of something else. Um, I listened to and she doesn't need any introduction but Grace tame on the Imperfects and I. That episode is so powerful.
S3: I have to listen. It's so.
S2: Powerful. And yeah, like I don't really need to say much more because it's really just like one you should go and listen to. I highly recommend everyone goes and listen to it, but she also is a phenomenal woman. Mhm. Um, and yeah I really really enjoy like I couldn't, could not stop listening to this podcast. Um it was really really powerful. And like I obviously know a lot of Grace James story and stuff. So I don't think it's like, oh, if you know enough about her history, like you're not going to get anything new out of it. It was really powerful. Amazing. Yeah.
S3: Thank you. Yeah. Love it. What a double amazing special. I feel like, you know, we always try very hard with our special shares. Guys, we never recommend stuff. Obviously, that's not good, but I feel like this week was a two incredible ones. Especially because they're both awesome women. So. Yay! Have an amazing rest of your week day whenever you're listening to this weekend. We love you guys so much! Our cloud links keep floating. We love you. Love you. Bye bye.