S1: Listener, Kiki acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of the land in which we're recording this podcast. The Ulika Wulan clan of the Bunurong who are part of the Kulin nation. We pay our respects to our elders, past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
S2: Welcome to the Kick Pod a.
S1: Damn with your besties on the stuff that matters.
S3: One. Two. Three. Four.
UU: One. Two. Three. Four.
S2: Hi. Hello, there. Hi, Clyde.
S1: Hi, cloud lings.
S2: How are you doing?
S1: I'm doing good. Today's the first week. The first week? My gosh, the first day of the week where I felt like I could put a little bit of makeup on because my skin's been on a journey.
S2: You have been on a journey with your nose. Okay. And I actually. Guys, you are gonna die. Steph. Tell us. Yeah. So you would think by watching your social media that your nose had pimples.
S1: Yeah. Yeah. Well, okay, so it's been about a two week journey, to be honest. When I was sick and I was blowing my nose a lot, I noticed these two red marks either side, like just on top of my nostrils, just red. There was no head to them, but they were just sore and red. And I just thought to myself, oh, like inner nose pimples suck. Like that's what I thought they were like. Maybe they would show up on the inside of my nostrils, or they were just going to be blind pimples and just suck. And I was like, this. This sucks. Basically, for like a week, they were just like that and they felt like bruises. So every time I had to blow my nose, it was like agonizing, which sucked. And then all of a sudden my cold started to go away. But this little head on either side started to appear. So I was like, this whole time they've just been like pimples just growing and like, ready to come out. And I can't help myself. Like, if I have a pimple, I cannot not pop it. It's just I, I've tried many different things. It's just the way that I am. I'm. I try to do it a lot more cleaner than I used to. Like, I'll wash my hands and I'll, like, try and dry it up anyway. Whatever. But I went for it and I went for the one side first because one side was like kind of popping out more than the other one. And I did it and it started to like, pop, like a normal pimple, but then it just like, looked like something else was in there. And then I went to like, get something to, like, clean my nose like a bit of cotton or something. And by the time I went back, it was just, it was gone. But I was like, I swear I saw a hair. And I'm like, that's really weird. I looked at my nostrils and my nose and I was like, I don't have hairs. Like, you know, like chin hairs. You have the dark ones that randomly appear, and then you got some blonde ones that are like kind of long as well, just like around your chin. I was expecting that when I went up to my nose, I was like, maybe I've got a furry nose.
S2: And when you say you had a hair, this isn't up your nose at all. No, no no.
S1: No, this is.
S2: Outside on the outside.
S1: And so then I was like, I swear I saw a hair. And Josh was like, nah. And I was like, okay, well, I really did it. I thought, I thought I did. Next day the other side of my nose decided to rear its head and I was like, okay, now I've got to pip the other pup. Pup the other side popped it. Lo and behold, a little hair popped out and I had an ingrown in my nose and I was like, what the actual heck? It was dark, a dark hair, but then what? I started to study in it because I was like, this is very, very random. I got the hair and I was looking at it and there was no like, root to it. There was no root to it. Like, you know, when an ingrown not an ingrown. Yeah. You know, with an ingrown hair, they have like this little like root at the bottom and it looks all it. It wasn't an ingrown. It's like where the did this hair come from? I looked at Josh and I was like, maybe we were making out real hardcore and it just, like, got indented into my skin and just like, my skin grew over it. And it's his beard trimmings in my nose or something. I don't know if that's the actual, you know, result of what happened, but it's weird.
S2: Well what else? Because I'm guessing the other side was also a hair.
S1: Well, yeah, I think I'm guessing now.
S2: Have you got it out the other head?
S1: Yeah, yeah. They're both. And they both flatten out. There's no pain anymore. So they've obviously like gone down. But the.
S2: Other side was also a head I.
S1: Think so, but I didn't like because I was like in the middle of grabbing something I didn't see it. Whereas this one, I could see it and I grabbed it and I like had it on the tip of my finger. And I was like, that is definitely a hair. So I assume that the other one was too. And I'm like, what the actual heck? Anyway, I started to talk about my stories because I just can't when it's on my nose. And it was that red and that big I like. I was like, I'm filming a bunch of content. I also don't want to put makeup on my face because I'm trying to heal this stuff. I'm going to have to talk about the elephant in the room with.
S2: A cold sore. Yeah, like it was like, hey, before I start, I know. Yeah.
S1: But my genuinely, my nose looked like Rudolph, like it was bright red.
S2: It's also it had a circle like it know because of the swelling. So then what happened. So that's when I saw you. Yes.
S1: So then I was like, okay, now I've got these two pimples and conserving beauty have the most amazing pimple. Like, they're like sheets. So I've been using them instead of pimple patches because they actually heal and they were amazing and I don't know where the f I decided to try something else, but I had this other product and it was like this, like really active serum. And I for some reason decided to try something new, stupid, and I started to put it on my nose. Now, what I didn't read in the instructions was that you were only meant to put it on once in the morning and once at night, and probably only on the problem area. I mean problem spot, not the entire area, but there was so much going on with my nose. I was like, I'll just smear it all over the top of my nose. I applied it like three times that morning. So too much product. I do that too many times, but also.
S2: Because it doesn't work straight away. You're like, oh, it's not working. You need to put more, need to put more. It's not drying in my nose.
S1: So I was like, maybe I've wiped off the product and I just was like, I'll go put more on later that day. I'm washing my face. And you know how some products, especially the thicker ones, they kind of like peel away? It was peeling away. And then I realized it wasn't the product that was peeling away. It was my skin on my nose peeling away. So this product had eaten away so much of my skin that layers of my skin had come off, and now I just had this raw red nose of skin. So I had two healing pimples and raw tip of my nose, and I became even more red. Rudolph. And so it's just been a journey of healing that, because then of course, what's happened is like there's been like flakes of like dry skin that have genuinely peeled off in chunks. Like, I don't know if anyone watched Austin Powers growing up, but like, that gold, whatever his name was who, like, peeled skin off his neck and shit. Disgusting. But that's that was my nose this week. Um, and I, I feel like it's finally healing. We're finally getting there. So that's the story of my nose and the random hairs that I found in there.
S2: I can't get over the fact you had hairs in your nose like that. I still don't understand it. Like, no offense. It's really gross. It's. It's weird as fuck. But as you said, like the fact that you didn't, and I. It must have been Josh's beard hair. Because when else it wouldn't have been an eyelash. Yeah, because it was a thicker hair.
S1: I wonder unless it's like. I mean, again, this wouldn't explain why it didn't have like a root, but like maybe because the inside I don't have many hairs, but like, if I look really high up the inside of your nose hairs, they're dark, like, they're dark hairs.
S2: So what do you think it grew? Maybe it.
S1: Went backwards.
S2: And then floated because it doesn't have a root. Okay. Dermatologists listening that are dying is dying right now because there's probably a thing. Please, can you let us know? What the heck?
S1: Why did I have hairs?
S2: Why were there hairs in Steph's nose? Are there some in my nose? No. Is is that our. Is our skin actually underneath it? Like if you peeled it off, there'd be random. Well, there's hairs in our nostrils. Yeah. But I mean like like you have, like under the skin. Just things growing inside.
S1: We have hairs all over our face.
S2: Yeah. But actually in built in that aren't ingrown like yours, I'd love to know.
S1: Waiting to surface, waiting to see.
S2: Because I'm right up with this content. You know, that's my favorite thing to watch on TikTok is no pimples. Yeah, I've actually gone into ear extractions at the moment. Earwax extraction. So quite interesting. Interesting. Sometimes there is hairs in there too, so there's a whole wide world of popping online. Anyway, thank you for sharing that with us, Steffi. And weird.
S1: Yeah, very, very weird. But now moving on from that, because that might have been a little bit TMI for some people. Um, we've got some exciting news with kick. Our Express Lift challenge starts today and I'm so excited for this one. I am going to be doing this challenge. Um, and if you're not sure what that is, we have a gym challenge. We've had a gym challenge in the app, um, for quite some time now called lift. Now this is Express Lift. This is an eight week version. The workouts are 20 to 30 minutes long. So if you are looking at workouts to follow in the gym and a programme to follow to gain some confidence using gym equipment and to do it alongside thousands of others, this is the challenge for you. Now it may kick off today, but you are absolutely still able to enroll, so if you're not a part of kick, I highly recommend jumping on. We've got a seven day free trial so you can check it out.
S2: Love it! Oh I'm excited. I'm especially excited for the shorter ones because our current program, the workouts are longer. And like obviously for some people, they want to go work out for 60 minutes in the gym, but sometimes you only have 20 to 30 or so as you're building up. It is a long a long time, right? For sure. And all of these workouts have been designed so you don't. And this is something that Danny said, our head trainer, when he designed all of these workouts, it was it's not like you need to feel have to feel like, oh, I'm not doing a long enough workout because I'm only doing half an hour. It's not a half workout. The whole challenge has been designed to be effective within the 30 minutes, in the way that he exactly has chosen the exercises and what's included. ET cetera. ET cetera. So I'm just excited. And as I'm now entering my strength era, which I'm just loving, I'm feeling so much more confident in the gym. It's awesome. And we've actually got a competition going for anyone that wants to start the challenge, which is, you know, there's extra motivation. It's not just for you. That's obviously the number one motivation is yourself and moving your body always. But if that's not enough, just for today, we've also got a competition running where you can win a gym membership on us. So if you complete our Express Lift challenge, you will automatically go in the draw to win one of three. So we are giving away three $500 vouchers to use at any gym of your choice. Woo hoo! Okay Steffi and cloud links I have got a question for y'all. Y'all y'all. Okay. Is it okay or valid to be angry at someone for things that they said in their sleep that they don't remember or recall?
S1: Oh, that's a good one. That's a good one. I actually think, no, it's not okay to be angry because I think your dreams are so like, I feel like I've read somewhere that they're made up of, um, past future and like, just totally random. As in, like, there could be a shark flying through the sky in a dream. So I feel like you can't hold someone to. Why? What did Donald say? What did Dalton say?
S2: What did you mean I do agree, sorry, I do agree. So three times it happened last week. Okay? We woke up. So the first time he was like. He was a bit funny. He was like, you were sleep talking last night. It was just so annoying. And I was like.
S1: Oh, it's something you said.
S2: Sorry. Yeah, yeah. I'm the one that was mad with. Anyway, then the second night woke up and he was like, oh. And I was like, what is wrong now? That is not the energy I want to be starting my day with. I like to start my day with happy music, you know, slay the day we're going to serve today. That is the vibe I like in my bedroom. Not like anger, okay? And I'm like, why are you so angry, you weirdo? He was like Laura last night. You were so mean to me. Do you even remember? And I was like, what are you talking about?
S1: I can't. I don't ever want to have a sleepover with you ever again. There's been way too many stories of you being incredibly creepy at night. Like, Dalton may try and have sex with you at night, but you seem quite aggressive. What did you say?
S2: Okay. So. Okay. Good question. So I, I was like, what do you mean? And I was I was like Dalton. I literally like, I know I fall asleep in three minutes. I'm one of those annoying people that falls straight asleep. Doesn't take me very long. And I was like, last night I read my book. I went to bed. I can't recall anything else. He was like, no, like we had a full conversation. You were telling me. I was replying back saying, I'm awake. Don't tell me I'm asleep even though I was asleep. So I was like to him, and I don't know, it's not even mean. It was just so weird. I was like, Dalton, I'm never going to share my trauma with you. At what?
S1: I'm never going to share.
S2: Share my trauma with you. This is just between me. And he was like, what do you mean? Like, why? Why would you keep that from me? And I was like, I'm never going to share it with you. I need to heal the chakra.
S1: What in the actual fuck?
S2: And I don't really like I've done, I've done chakra. I think it's chakra six is what's in your throat. I've done stuff to like, clear stuff in my throat when I couldn't last year, when I couldn't talk properly because I lost my voice all the time. But that was like, honestly, over six months ago. Then I started I get my because I've got my ring on my finger. That's like a tech ring, my aura ring, and I'm holding my finger up to Dalton saying, the energy is here, watch out. Oh my God, this is the ring comes into it. And that was the last time when I was scraping with my ring. Anyway, maybe stop wearing it. Is it giving me creepy? Anyway, it was. He was like Laura, you were. And he goes, you wouldn't stop talking. And you kept just saying, don't tell me I'm asleep, I'm awake. And I was Jesus. Anyway, so was this.
S1: And you said the same thing three nights ago.
S2: Yeah, yeah. The third night he was. He then knew that I because he honestly, the second night he genuinely thought I was awake and taught, because sometimes before bed I get a bit silly and I make. It's actually really bad because then I get in this silly mood and then I keep him awake and I rev him up before bed, and then we both lie there for like an hour, being like, now we can't sleep because I was silly.
S1: Oh my god.
S2: Anyway, so he thought, but the third night it was better because he knew that I wasn't asleep, that he knew I was asleep. But I was like, just don't talk back to me. And he's like, it's so hard not to you keep just keep talking at me. Anyway, anyway, okay, we have got stories from you guys, but before we go into the stories of what your partner does in their sleep, I have one more question for you, Stephanie. Do we have a responsibility to be a good sleeping partner?
S1: Okay. So like if you're snoring.
S2: Or is it so if you have a partner who snores or you snore, are you the person who snores? Are they responsible because they're sleeping in the. If you're sleeping in the same bed every single night to go and talk to someone about the snoring or try and sort it out.
S1: Yeah, I think because it can be quite a medical issue for some people, as in like it's like actually they have zero. Nothing they can do. Exactly. I think it's absolutely worth talking to someone because sometimes there is fixes. Um, but I know plenty of like not plenty. I've got my family, friends. I know her dad. Hayley's dad. Yes. Snores like. And the whole entire house can hear it. But Adele, his partner, has just worn, like, earbuds every night for, like, their entire relationship. Oh, it's beautiful. But I think he might have also got looked at or tried to help or whatever, but she just. I think it's easier to just put the earbuds in or whatever. So I think it's like whatever works for you guys. You're so.
S2: Reasonable. I mean, if Dolson started snoring, I'd be like. But maybe I'm a hypocrite because I should be responsible for my talking in the night. Linz, what do you think? I know you have thoughts on this? Yeah.
S4: I think if you snore, you have a responsibility to sort yourself out. Partly for a partner, like if and when you do have one. But then also like if you're falling asleep, like on an aeroplane or public transport or I've done a lot of backpacking, public.
S2: Transport, or if someone else is not like so, everyone can have a joint nap. Oh my.
S4: Gosh. But I have spent a lot of time backpacking and staying in hostels and people in. If you book a communal room, if you're one of 12 people in a dorm and you're snoring, you can't get away with that kind of behaviour. So I think people like that lens.
S1: I would say if you're going to be in a communal place, take your earbuds, take your eye mask like, you know, just do that just in case I. So Josh is actually about to go away with one of his mates, Trent, who snores like an absolute chainsaw.
S2: Has he been.
S1: Checked? I don't know, actually, but he's travelled with Trent before and every time. It's so funny because every time he travels with Trent, he sends me a video and he's like, why the fuck did I forget my, like, earbuds again? So I got to remind him. Now that's just.
S2: Have to remind him. Yeah.
S1: Yeah, I think it's I think it's both because I think like it also would be so like, imagine if you if that was you if you couldn't help it and you had like that kind of problem and maybe you had tried stuff and nothing as long.
S2: As you've gone.
S1: So like, like, do you have to take earbuds everywhere you go and be like here, you're going to need these tonight. Like, I don't.
S2: Know, but I think you just need to talk to someone about it. I think just like if it's happening and an FYI, I snore a lot. No. Do you, do you actually know I'm saying.
S1: Oh, they would have to say before they like, I don't know, go away with friends or whatever. Just for eyes. Oh my God.
S2: I don't know. No, I don't snore guys. Let us know what you think. And now these are actually so good. I'm dying. What you guys, your partner does in their sleep. This is so again. There's a little bit of swearing in here. I need to read the swear word in this one for impact. Listens to fucking podcasts all night and reckons if I turn it off, he knows he wakes up. Oh, that would drive me, like, actually insane.
S1: Yeah. Put your fucking headphones on.
S2: I can't put your headphones on. I'm sorry. The fact he think he knows that if you turn it off, it's like you're asleep. Hunt. You don't. You don't know anything.
S1: Oh, my God. Pulls my pillow out from underneath my head to roll over and hold. No, I would absolutely pull it right back.
S2: Oh my God, this one farts really loudly and abruptly. It startles me and wakes me up every fucking time. I feel like there's so many swear words in this, because being woken up in your sleep is so annoying. Can you imagine you're waking up to farts every night like oh my God.
S1: Oh my God talks in their sleep, but to the point where he's drawing on my back thinking he's awake. I mean, that's kind of relaxing, though, when someone chases on you.
S2: I want to know what he does. What does he do? Is he an architect or an artist? He's like, he's So for the house drawing thing. Oh my God. I see yeah. One guy sleeps.
S1: With mouth tape like doll and then randomly starts choking.
S2: Because he needs one. Oh, no. Stop! Stop! Oh, my.
S1: God, we have someone else. Laura, look. Wants to have sex and then never remembers it in the morning.
S2: That's a lie. They say remember in the morning. I could get up and eat. I'll wake up to protein bar and ice cream wrappers. What? At least he doesn't wake. Wake you up. Oh my God! Stop! My head! This is the work. Your work? If you're thinking about it all the time. My partner thinks he's at work. I've woken up telling him to him telling me I'm not installing cabinetry properly. These have sent me home. People just. Okay. Last one. I'm dead. My partner Sleepwalked and started swinging his arms around like he was playing golf. Then he went looking for the ball and found it in a pile of washing. There wasn't really a ball there, but he was committed to his golf sleepwalking dream. And then he passed the golf club to the next person who wasn't there. Just to be clear. Do you know my favorite sleepwalking story of all time? I'm not going to say his name, because I don't know if he wants to be named on this podcast, but our very good friends that he, um, the guy in the relationship, he's like, Josh has weed in the middle of the night into his drawer, thinking like, open the drawer as if it was the toilet seat and then weed in there. Yeah. Yeah. And wet all of my friend's sports bras. Oh, my God, guys, you slayed those stories. I've actually. That just sent me, like, I actually can't. Oh my God. Thank you guys.
S3: One two, three four.
S2: Just before we get into this segment, we do touch on disordered eating and eating disorders, which may be triggering for some people. So if that is the case, skip through this segment to the special shares. If you are struggling at all with an eating disorder or disordered eating in any way, always know you can contact the Butterfly Foundation on one 800 e d hope. I need to take a big deep breath before this one because recently another trend. Now, I have spoken about this on my Instagram, but we wanted to come and talk about it in more detail on the podcast. So if you've heard it on my Instagram, don't worry, we are going into more detail here. The other day I saw a post on TikTok about rice Zenpix, which is a in quotation marks natural formula for ozempic, the weight loss medication. This is very similar to oat Pick, which Steffy you posted about a couple of months ago. And that was that was I'm going to swear. Sorry. That was fucked. Yeah, that was oats and lemon in water.
S1: Yeah, it was basically like an oat lemon smoothie that had no nothing else in it.
S2: And people were drinking it and then saying they were losing weight. People think, and this is very much the world of diet culture on TikTok. Yeah. TikTok. So eating disorders, which is it's probably not super surprising to everyone that eating disorders are fueled by social media, but TikTok. TikTok has exacerbated it. Like beyond. It has what it's ever been before because there is so much toxic diet culture content, also pro-eating disorder content on the platform. And the reason that it's really exacerbated it is because of the way the algorithm works. If you watch, if you come across one video like Pro-eating disorder or whatever it might be, and obviously an eating disorder is a mental illness, right? But if you're in it and then you see someone like talking about how they lost weight and then you watch that, then that is going to be your entire feed. Yeah. And then if you're.
S1: Spending.
S2: Exactly if you're spending like a lot of people are hours a day on TikTok, you are spending hours a day absorbed in people promoting eating disorders, essentially. Obviously, that is not all of TikTok, but that is a very dark side of TikTok. And what I am so frustrated about, especially with TikTok, is people that are not experts in any way. It's like random people. Like often they're like 18 or something, saying that if you put food combinations together, it makes like a magic, like secret. There is. I can't even like, I know we talk about this all the time with Kik. There is no secret. Like, if there was a secret, it would have been fucking discovered 1000 million years ago. Blending oats and lemon and water. There is no magic formula in there that is going to change your body. But if you know, but obviously they might.
S1: But it's not.
S2: Healthy. Exactly right.
S1: Exactly right.
S2: Yeah, that's exactly right in a healthy, sustainable way. And I think it's just it is just infuriating because it's not often I think the hardest thing as well is when this shit is wrapped up in a beautiful, like, not beautiful in wellness, or it's wrapped up in something that's like, oh, no, this isn't a diet. This is just helping me with my digestion or this is and it is so frustrating. And I think as like for you and I both, having gone through disordered eating at a younger age and now having obviously done so much work on our relationship with food and our body, even sometimes I'll watch something and I'm like, oh, that seems like a really like healthy thing or whatever. And then I think about it, I'm like, oh no, no, this is this is actually a this is toxic diet culture wrapped up as something else. And so today what we wanted to go through was a list of Steffi is going to run through a list of the diet culture or toxic diet culture. Red flags from our dietitian live. Morrison Live is incredible. We've had her on the podcast before. Let's link. Actually, let's link the last episode we did with live in the show notes. And also let's have live back on. I feel like I miss having this just reminded me of how much I love live. So we need to do another episode with Live soon. She's incredible and she works with a lot of people who are recovering from eating disorders. So she's incredibly experienced in the area.
S1: And so basically, these red flags are kind of questions you can ask yourself when you come across diets. Because, look, there is there is different like there is different kind of exercise routines and whatever. And you find what works for you. There is different diets and stuff out there that might be appropriate for different health issues that you might be dealing with. However, they should always be prescribed by a professional for you, not taken from someone online. But these are the kind of questions that you can ask yourself if you come across the ones on social media. So who is it being promoted by? Is it a trusted source or is it just Joe Blow and that.
S2: One that just ties into what you just said? Yeah. If a dietitian is giving you a meal plan or whatever it might be, if an X, whatever accredited expert is helping you with something, that is absolutely fine. Right. Totally different. It's especially if you're like, I want to put more veggies into my diet. I don't know how. Go to a dietitian. That's incredible. That's amazing. But if it's not from a accredited health professional, that person has no credibility in prescribing a diet. Mhm.
S1: Even with things like cutting food groups out and trying to work out intolerances, that should be led by a professional, you know. Don't just hear that someone else has some intolerance or whatever and then cut that entire food group out because that might not be right for you. So they will always have a way for you to do that if that is something that you're looking into. Okay. Does this have a stop or start time. So this is very much like any kind of exercise trend and all of that or anything as well. If it has a start and stop time, it's it's generally means that it's not going to be very sustainable, a like a lot of what we were talking about earlier, these random fucking mixes that pop up on social media that are disgusting. You might actually see a bodily change like some sort of physical change in you, or maybe you'll just shit yourself, but it doesn't mean that it's a sustainable thing that you're going to be able to follow long term.
S2: And stop with. The diet is most unless again, if it's accredited, if it's from a dietitian or whatever, it's very, very likely to be a fad diet.
S1: 100%, because if you feel like you can't sustain it, then you stop it for a while and then you feel like you want to start it again. Like that is not something that you should be following. Like whatever. Anyway. Is the thing that you're consuming actually enjoyable? This is massive. Again, like we want to enjoy life and food for a lot of people brings a lot of joy. Like for me. Absolutely. And for that period of time where I was super restrictive, I was not enjoying food and it made me a really unhappy person and really stressed all the time about what I was eating. And none of that is good on the body. So whatever you are Following. You know, if you're, as you said, wanting to add more veggies, protein, whatever in your diet and maybe someone's helping you with that, still, make sure that you're enjoying whatever you're following. Otherwise, just like exercise routine, you're not going to sustain it if you hate it. Can you see yourself implementing that change long term again to sustainability? If you feel like this diet, you're like, I don't even know how I'm going to do this for two weeks. You're not going to be able to do it for the rest of your life. So it's that's a red flag. And is it actually impacting your relationship with yourself or food? Or are you cutting out multiple food groups? This one's a really big one as well, because I think going back to what we both did in the relationship we once had with food and following different diets and stuff, it did absolutely impact the relationship we had with ourselves. And that's a massive flag. If you're if you're following something, especially when it's from a dietitian or a nutritionist, usually implementing more good whole foods into your diet makes you feel good and better. So if whatever you're following is not making you feel good, Like, that's probably something to look at.
S2: Exactly. Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing them. And just yeah everyone. Just a reminder because we just know there's so much toxic diet culture shit out there and it can be hard to just not be influenced by it. By it. Right? So we hope that helps any for anyone that needs it. And if you are struggling with disordered eating or thoughts around food, the Butterfly Foundation is always available for you. You can contact them on one 800 Ed Hope.
S5: But is it time for special chef.
S1: Shit now Lucy, you're convinced that we have the same special share so please go first.
S2: No, I don't think we do anymore. I don't think we do because I feel like it's a wrap. Before we started recording this, I was like, I think we've got the same special. It's like, you look confused, which means we don't. Well, go. No, you go first.
S1: No, you go first.
S2: Okay, fine. Mine is Emily in Paris. Is that yours? Very different. Well, are you a big fan?
S1: So I am. However, I have heard that this season that apparently it's just getting cringier and cringier.
S2: Yeah, yeah, but it's always cringey though.
S1: But apparently it's getting, like even more.
S2: I go into it knowing it's cringey, so I don't, I don't I'm fine. I'm fine with it. But no, I haven't.
S1: Watched this season. I have been meaning to, but I haven't, I have.
S2: Finished, I think there was, I can't, I actually have no idea because they're not super long and I feel like in each sitting we watch like a couple, 2 or 3. I think they're probably 30 minutes or something. I actually don't know. Uh, and what they've done is they've released the first half of the season, and then the second half of the season I think is coming, I don't know, might be out by the time this episode comes out. I'm not sure. I'm obviously not that like I'm not like, oh, I'm dying to know what happens next. It is a little bit corny, but I mean, that's Emily. I've always found it corny, but I love I do love the fashion. Yeah. I think the way they incorporate pop culture and social media into that show. I have never seen it happen.
S1: Before much cringier.
S2: I feel like the start of it is basically someone talking about Emily in Paris and talking about why she sucks, and it's like a viral TikTok video, but it's like it's so that is so what happens in real? I don't know, I'm just like, it's so connected to like, the actual the like the digital world that we live in now. Exactly. So some of the characters I haven't loved as much this season, but Sylvie. Yeah. So Sylvie is the owner of the agency. She is just serving. I think it's like, similar to Family Affair, which I know was very lowly rated, but I for me, it was rated one of my favorite movies of all time with Nicole Kidman and Zac Efron. Yeah. And I just feel like any, like, a character that's like a strong woman. I'm just currently, like, just, oh, it just loving it. I'm just loving it. So anyway, I'm loving Sylvie. Nice. Not everything she does don't hold me to everything she does in the show. I always worry talking, saying I love a character in case they do something bad. And then everyone's like, oh my God, Laura likes that behavior. But no, I just like her overall, okay? She's done problematic stuff throughout the thing, but I do like her strength within. We love. Yes. Anyway, yeah, that is all. What is your special share?
S1: Okay, so mine is this is why I was like, maybe we do because this is usually coming from you. But, um, no, it's an imperfect episode and it's with Jack still from the inspired unemployed.
S2: I have not listened.
S1: It is laws. You would love this episode. So Jack has struggled with anxiety? Um, for quite a while, and he speaks so openly about his experience and his mental health, and also from going from tradies, having a bit of fun online to suddenly having millions of followers and having to create content he you will love so much of what he said. But I also particularly loved when towards the end he spoke about him and Foulke's relationship and like having to work with your best friend. They also live together like go to the gym together, like all this stuff. Um, and just talking about kind of like what we've spoken about on here, about being, um, really open with each other when something's not right or whatever, or like them avoiding it conversations. It was such a good episode. I really, really loved it. So I highly recommend that. And that is my special show. But I would also like to follow that up with I am obsessed. I remember last week my special share was a million Little Things, the show. Yes, I'm like nine episodes in now. I unlike Emily in Paris, it is absolutely unpredictable. Also, I.
S2: Haven't seen you share anything about it on social media.
S1: Also cliffhanger. Also, every single episode Josh and I have cried every single episode. It's deep. It is so deep. But it's also there's also like tears of joy too. Like it's not just all dark, but it is so deep and I just, I want to just give it a second round of special share. Because if you didn't start watching it after last week's recommendation, please put it on your list.
S2: I love it. Yeah. Thank you. Steffi. Yeah.
S1: And then the next thing is kick bump this Wednesday with Doctor Billy Garvey. He is honestly becoming one of my favorite people. Um, his podcast, Pop Culture Parenting, which he does with Nick another dad, is epic if you're looking for, especially if you want to find a podcast about dealing with like, kids behavior and stuff like that, and you want your partner or your husband to listen to it, I feel like Josh has really enjoyed their content and listening to them, maybe because he can relate to other dads. He's fantastic. He came on because he's just launched a new book and it's all about children's mental health, and he came on to speak about like behavioral stuff, difference in how anxiety and depression shows up in children versus adults. I also just like really opened up to him and like we had a really good chat and he made me feel really good, um, about where I'm at with parenting, which is always nice. And you need to hear it from from people, especially people like him, because I was like, these things are happening with Harvey. And he was just like, everything was normal. So I really recommend this episode. I've been looking forward to it coming out. Um, so that's on Wednesday.
S2: I've seen his book everywhere. Every time I go to the bookshop, it's in the front.
S1: Really good. I've read.
S2: It must be very.
S1: Popular. It's very good in the.
S2: Front of the bookstore. So yeah, amazing. Exciting stuff. Thank you for listening. We love you so much. Remember, you can get involved in the podcast in our Facebook group, Kick Pod. And if you want to start the Express Gym challenge and go into the the the door, the draw to win three gym memberships, come and join us. We have got a seven day free trial. Or of course, if you're already a subscriber to kickstart. First of all, thank you! We love you so much and appreciate it very, very, very fucking much. Um, you can find the challenge in your app now. We love you. Bye, guys.