S1: A listener. Production.
S2: Luke and I have many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mates around the country and around the world, and we think it's really important that when you go to somebody's house, you say, thanks for having us. So Luke and I would like to say thank you to the Wurundjeri, Woiwurrung and Boonwurrung peoples of the Kulin nation. The land on which this podcast is recorded on. We pay our respects to their elders, past and present, and we extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here. Listening. Past and present. Always was. Always will be. Aboriginal land.
S3: Don't film me. You are ridiculous. Don't do that either. I'm sick of you. You're a nutcase. I don't care, mate. Look at you. You infuriate me as a human being.
S2: I mean, why.
S3: Are you recording? Can I pick my nose? Look, I'm sassy. Sassy Scott. All right? And welcome. We're gonna go straight into a podcast prank because it's not a Wednesday waffle. And when I let Scott speak first, we speak for a long time about to.
S2: Say one.
S3: Thing. Let me say, all right, I enjoy it.
S2: Anyway, let's get to it.
S3: Okay, so what we're about to do is something called call roulette. Oh, so is that what it's called? No, look.
S2: You just made it sound like roulette is someone's name. You said let's call roulette like RuPaul.
S3: Okay, so the game is called Call roulette, where I grab Scott's phone and I pick someone. It could be anyone in his contact list. And you've given me guidelines that I can only pick people that have, like Tim, Grindr or stuff like that. Is that what you said or not to do or not to do that? No. You're confused. I get confused cause, you know, I.
S2: Had sexcapades back in the days, and I'm sure I've.
S3: All like.
S2: And I've had.
S3: The same manager at the end or GM or those sort of stuff. Yeah, those big ones like Top Dog stay away from to do those ones. Stay away from them. So I've got his phone right now. Oh my God, the sweat. Just bed. What? Like I started beating out, like I just felt it. Is that what you call it? That's what I call it. Yeah, right. So I've got Scott's phone, and I've picked someone who I think is going to be great, and I hope they answer. And we've done this segment before, but we normally do it where our producer will call from outside. And a lot of with that, it doesn't come up. Scott's calling them and I don't like that because then it kind of feels a bit icky from the start. So we're gonna go big value here, Scott. Big production value. I'm going to need you to hold the phone to the microphone. That's going to be the issue here. So you can't look well, then make sure it's turned around the right way, the screen, but you can't turn the brightness down. Shut up. It doesn't matter if it's bright or not. You just don't face the phone towards you. Okay? And so what have I got? How long do I have to figure out who it is? Again, set the set the parameters up. How long do I have? I think it's infinite. I just want to hear for ages. It used to be a minute, but you have to keep him on the phone until you figure out who they are. That's more fun for me now. I feel like I now need to go and weed. You can't ask names? Yep. Can't ask if they've got children. What? You can't ask names or workplaces. How's work? How's work? You can ask how the kids are, but let's hope they've got kids. It could be very awkward for you. Yeah. Fuck. Okay. All right. And you don't know if they're going through a hard time, so maybe don't ask that question, Scott. What do you mean? Are you going through a hard time? Maybe. What if you ask those sort of questions? It could turn. Don't tell me how to fucking engage with people. I have a very high EQ. Thanks. Let's see. Right. So I'm about to call this person who'll be on loudspeaker. Are they dying? You don't know that. I can't give you any clues, Scott. Well, we're all dying, I suppose, but yeah. Can't ask workplace. Can't ask kids anything about names, place names, kids name. You can't be like, what suburb do you live again? You just have to do it based more about the to do that. And what suburb did you move to? Again, if I'm if I'm catching on, I have I need a few ticks in my boxes. Luke, I just gave you these examples and now you're wanting to use them. Cock block. I'm not. I don't want you to cheat. Okay. All right. Are you ready? Loud! Are you ready, Scott? Go! I was fucking born ready. I came out crawling. All right, don't look quick. It's calling. Hey, how are you?
S4: Good, darling. How are you?
S3: I am am I a bit tired? But that's just life now.
S4: Um, well, you've got two small, demanding sausages that want mango and things, so, you know.
S3: Like they are literally. I called Bobby Beckett, the mango monster.
S4: He's so funny. They're so different, aren't they? They're such sort of distinct little personalities.
S3: Could not be any more unique to one another.
S4: Yeah. It's fabulous, I love it.
S3: What are you up to?
S4: Just fucking around.
S3: Fucking around. That's what you are. Just. That's. If there's one thing I'm going to put on your gravestone, it's SEO fucking around.
S4: No, just, I don't know, stirring pots. What do you need? You need more fucking letters to tell people to go fight.
S3: Oh, you're the best neighbor in the world. You. Are you printing that off for me? Like that was so needed.
S4: Oh, that's fine, darling.
S3: Um, no, I don't need that printed off. I just need you to say suck. Shit. Luke Scott just won a point. Can you say that for me, please? Kate.
S4: Okay. Suck. Shit. Luke Scott just won a point.
S3: Yay! Hey, Kate. You you with Luke as well? I play this little game on the podcast where I call a random person in his phone, and he has to guess who it is. And you gave it away with the printing.
S4: Oh, shit. Sorry, sorry.
S3: Um, can we just say, everyone, this is Kate Forster, fucking tick tock extraordinaire, who's also my neighbour.
S4: Are you absolute fucking mean?
S3: So welcome to the Luke and Sassy Scott podcast, Kate.
S4: Well thank you, cherubs. I'm so pleased to be here. A little warning would have been nice.
S3: No, but then you'd give it away.
S4: Anything untoward?
S3: Well, hoping for that. You just have to watch your life to see that, right? Yeah, yeah.
S4: Oh, fuck a wank.
S3: How was life for you at the moment, Kate?
S4: It is okay. It's a solid seven out of ten. How's that?
S3: Well, listen, you're the only one that knows what it's like to have an account really banned. Like you lived through Luke's and my greatest fear. Are you. How have you recovered?
S4: It was pretty horrendous. Um, but it was also like, I just kind of let it happen. I was like, I can't do anything about it. My favorite part of that whole experience was me sucking up to the AI, because I thought it was a real person.
S3: No.
S4: Yeah. And I was like, yeah, I'm talking to I. I'm talking to the TikTok people, and they're really good. And people are like, no, you're not. That's AI. And I was like, you're so helpful. Thank you so.
S3: Much.
S5: You didn't stop flirting.
S4: Yeah. When the machines take over, they will remember me. They will remember that Kate was very polite when all of her videos got community violated. When I got violated.
S3: Fuck me. You got violated. They came for you, didn't they? They really did.
S4: Oh, yeah. No, I got bots, mate.
S3: Well, you and everyone else with their Russian bots. So, I mean, you're just one of us. I mean, our bots were weird, though. My bot, our bots just write gay, and I'm like, ill straight, like question mark. Are you straight? That's what. That's what my bots do. They're like ill, gay and I'm like, ill straight. TikTok was down. They were saying, oh, it was nice not getting any bots messages in those 14 hours. So they're like, are they all out of America then?
S4: Oh no. No Hillary ads for pants.
S3: What? That's not in my algorithm. That's not on mine. I don't know what a Hillary.
S4: Pants plus pants.
S3: Oh. How funny. Well, thanks so much for playing. Um, what is it? Call roulette?
S4: Loved it, loved it. All right, go create chaos.
S3: Thanks, mate. Bye bye. Well, there we go. That's how you kick off the year. May getting a point that easily. Look, you've got to try a little fucking harder than that. But that's not the point system. The point system is where I set you a challenge. No it's not. That's a point. We do this every time. No it's not, and I'm gonna fucking throw a mic through your fucking face. If you keep this shit up, you know that you are a sore loser. And it seethes. No, hold on, let me talk. Are you done? I've let you speak. I don't know if I'm done because sometimes things just come to me and I don't sit on them. Are you done? I don't know, I told you that. Let me know when you're done.
S6: Anyway, continue.
S7: No, I want Scott to tell me when he's done.
S3: And I won't tell him because I don't know if I'm done. You know, when we have that sound injury, like in the blue corner. Luke on three points. Yeah, that's not the segment. Yes, it fucking is called roulette. No, it's a whole different game. We do. Scott you don't even know your.
S6: Own for this one. I swear to God.
S3: See the fucking.
S6: Executive.
S3: Producer og of it then the OG. She's now fucking executive producer for over 12 months. Not the point system game. You're toxic. You are the saurus loser I've ever met in my life. I'm not. I'm not going to allow you to to be wrong. The audience knows exactly. And they're laughing at you. Hear yourself? What? It's embarrassing. What? That you're wrong. What? So when I'm right, I can't stand up for myself.
S6: Hey, guys.
S3: Why I try so hard? But we're so.
S6: You're so 2025. We're starting afresh. We're starting afresh. The scoreboard is wiped clean. The slate is wiped clean.
S3: So now I'm on one.
S6: Scott has one. But Luke has.
S3: A new thing, so at least.
S7: We're all on the same track.
S3: We'll do points now.
S6: Perfect.
S3: Who's going to find out whether or not like, I need this clear.
S6: Oh, I cannot be arsed going through the back catalogue, but I'll put it on my to do list.
S3: Thank you. Thank you. You know how Marcus and I take Mum and Dad out for their Christmas present to a really nice restaurant each year? I messaged mum, did I enjoy it? Of course they do. They go to the best restaurants and they get really nice time with one of their favourite sons. I was just asking, I didn't know I can't call you. Dad can be very picky about food. Yeah. Remember that time we took him? Here we go. Thank you. Hang on. Okay. I need to tell you, we took fucking mum and Dad to Vardaman. Vardaman is like one of the bougiest fucking restaurants in Australia. On the top of the Rialto. Correct? One of the tallest buildings in Melbourne. They come around with a little cart, trolley cart or whatever, which was like brandies and whiskeys or whatever. And dad's so blasé he was like, I'll have that one. And this guy goes, and he looked at me and said, are you comfortable with this? And I said, sure, give it to him. And it was something like a $900 bottle, a $900 shot of brandy. It was the most expensive, like liquor that they had in the place. Anyway, dad took a shot of it and he goes, yeah, yeah, it's pretty shit, actually. And everyone just had their jaws in their laps, like going. Did he know the price? He had no idea how much it was, but we thought he did. And he was just being like rude and like, Matt, take it away from me. That shit. And every mum was like, you are so ungrateful, David. Did you not hear how much that cost them? Anyway, I digress, but even the food, he would be like, oh, just the steak would be fine. No, I think now he's learned to go, hang on, we're going to a really good restaurant. Like appreciate the difference. And it's not just a steak that's coming out or a chicken parmigiana steak. It's a fucking degustation of God knows what beetroots done differently. So, does he enjoy it? Shut up. So I messaged mum and dad the other day. I said, hey, let's lock in a date for, um, our Christmas gift. Um, how does the 8th of February work for you? And now Marcus and I, I don't put it on you, but, like, scheduling is, like, is tiring, right? Being a dad, being having our career. It's a lot at the moment. Right. And mum wrote back and I said how does the 8th of February work. And she goes, um mate. Mate. Yep. She goes hate to, hate to break it to you. She did. She goes, um, mate, I hate to break it to you. That's your twin sons first birthday. Ooh, Scooter's got a naughty, naughty. Where the fuck has a year gone be? Forget my birthday. Yeah, because you've been around me like a fucking wet dog for 35 years. Me? No, it's like 35 years recurring. And I had this moment of like, oh my God, I'm a bad dad already. Like, I forgot their first birthday. How old they are in weeks. You forgot the one year. I don't even know how many weeks old they are now. What is it like? How many weeks in a year? 52. The 51 weeks old. Oh my God. And because they were preemie, we also had the adjusted age. So there were so many like, numbers that we had to carry with them. Right? And I can't even begin to really stop and think of what we've gone through as a family with the boys. How much my life has changed with them in it, and how much impact we've had on them and their life. Are we talking about their birthday? What the. No, we're talking about them in 12 months. The last 12 months. Of course. There's a birthday. I freaked out, and yes, I'm having a birthday. And don't give the details. By the way, I know you. You're the type that would be like, oh, it's this at this place. That would mean I've read the info. Have you read the invite? I know it's Sunday and I know there's a theme. Good. And I heard someone talking.
S7: About it being in a pub.
S3: Look, this is recorded. I know, and yes, it's at a park. So which park? What? Marcus and I thought we freaked out. I'm like, oh, my God. They turned 1 in 2 weeks. How are we going to. How are we going to organise their party? Now everyone and anyone that knows or can remember when we had the baby shower, there were four balloons, 443 people that came. Was it really? Yeah.
S7: God, you were desperate for presents.
S3: Uh, no. We have a lot of really good friends and family. When you're kind to people and you allow them into your life. They're nice to you. Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, yeah. And so we had so many wonderful people. And then this pressure of going, oh my God, it's in two weeks. And then I thought, maybe if we do the invitations and send them out now, half the people won't be able to come. Having to shave half of the people off because it's just that's so many people and it's so overwhelming. It's their first birthday. They won't remember that they're not shaving me off. Well, you kind of close. You came close. I was like to Marcus. I'm like, he's an asshole. Do we want him there? Content. So that's why. Mhm. So I just scraped through just because there's 240 people that have been invited to this one. So we shaved a lot off and so I made it. So that means there's what 200 odd people that have disappointed you. Like it seems like it's not a venue holding thing at the park. So why have you shaved so many off? Uh, why? Because I think some of these people maybe have. Oh, God. Our friends don't listen to our podcast, so it's fine. Oh, good. Okay, cool. They know. Um. I find the people that were so easy to tick and invite were those people that reached out in the last 12 months that were active in being able to say, Hope you're okay. Thinking of you guys. It's literally 5050. I said to Marcus, sometimes I'm gonna get upset. There's some people in our life that were really, really, um, vocal with and always around and always trying to be around and to support. And there was some nights where, like, life was so full on for me and Marcus that I was like, it's it feels like it's silent. Like there's people that we're so actively always supporting and being around and caring for. And there were times where I was like, do people not know that we're just new dads like our friends and family? Do they not know that being a dad of twins would be a lot? And given our career and given everything else that's going on, there was Marcus having business pressures and everything, and people were silent that we've always been really active and forward in their life when it came to support and their problems. And so some people just didn't even fucking text in the last 12 months to go, oh my God, it must be must be pretty hard what you guys are going through. Do you need anything? Hope you're well. So it was kind of easy to go. All right, they're off the list. Then there was another. Have you actually done that? When people have babies, though, it's something I've never really thought of. Yeah. I suppose you don't know a lot of things until you're in it. No, I message a lot of people all the time. I'm very active and I know I can't expect people to treat me like them, but I do kind of expect that some people in 12 months could go, hey, thinking of you. Must be a lot. Hope you're well. That's not hard. All right, so for the 200 people that you've invited, a majority coming. So they're all coming because he invites just went out. I said to Marcus. And do you know what the strategy here is? We'll hold off for another two days because it's only two weeks out. People go, can't come. We've already got plans. Only two people have said they can't make it. Who was that? Fucking one of our aunties. So now I've called the fucking food truck van. I'm like, up the order. It's not 150 people, 240 people coming. I had to get more stuff from TMU, which is driving me insane. I've got giant animals that are coming like fake ones, because the park wouldn't allow real ones like pony rides and stuff, which I tried to like. Fake big animals like a whale. No, like giant horses and cows and stuff like that are like. What's that? Poly. Yeah, it's just.
S5: Funny.
S3: I've got picnic rugs. I've got face painters. Can I sing? Why? I'm a singer. No. Oh, um. And they love it when I sing. So then just like, let's just. And then I have to. I learned from all the twins in our life that reached out to us when we became dads, saying. You always need two separate birthday cakes. Never given one cake. So I've had to fucking breathe in two separate birthday cakes to the cake maker. I've got 200 fucking cupcakes. And then they're like, so did these people want the birthday song twice? No. Yes, we sing it twice. Have they said that? Yes. Have they? Yes. And guess what, my children, I paved the way. We sing Happy Birthday to Oliver because it's his birthday. Then we sing Happy Birthday to Bobby Becket because it's his birthday. But when I've gone to other birthdays where, like, two people's birthdays are in the room, like, you sing it once and they go, Luke and Scott like and move on. I don't know, would they like the attention of singing twice? Guess what? What? That's how it's going to be. Oh, no, I'm not attached. I'm not attaching them. Who goes to each other? A baby, a witch and baby. It was baby A and baby B. That's how we always worked when they were in the womb and carried by Amber. Baby a baby b. So baby A's Oliver, baby B's Bobby Becket. So I won't give it my all in the first.
S5: I can't lose all my breath for the second song.
S6: Exactly. Pace yourself, Uncle Luca. Boy. Question. Scott. Yeah. When you were talking about, like, realizing that some people in that first year of fatherhood, like the kind of people who would reach out and the kind of people that wouldn't How? What would you say to someone who has a friend who's going through that and they don't know how to reach out? Like I a couple a lot of my girlfriends are 4 or 5 years older than me, and they all had children before me. And I think there was a time where I didn't want to feel like I was giving them like a task to do, to reply to me, like, what's the best way to reach out? Like, what would you have appreciated?
S3: I would have loved thinking of you guys. Can't even imagine how exciting and full on life must be. Let me know if there's anything I can do. It's so easy to do and it's what I do for so many people all the fucking time. Which is probably why my head's so, you know, at, um, capacity. But because I think of others and I know you can't. You can't make people think of you. But now I'm like, I've got children in my life. And it just would have made sense for. Well, no. What is it? I always say when somebody shows you who they are, believe them. Some people chose over 12 months of time to not actively reach out and say, how's it going? Hope you're well. We haven't spoken about. Oh, no. We spoke about the theme. Did you? Texan rancher. Cowboy theme. So then in my fucking freak out, he's got mum out shopping for a whole day. That's a supportive person. Mum goes, one of my sons is at capacity. How can I help him? Because that's what kind people do. I get my kindness from our mother. And then she was looking for an outfit for you. And then you went. Actually, mum, don't worry, I've got one in the moment. I said, mum, stop looking for me. Our stylist has just come over for a fitting and I asked him just before he came, do you have any cowboy themed stuff that I could wear? And he brought it and I said, mum, stop shopping for me. I've got something. So what are you wearing? What do you want to leave it as a surprise. The chaps for people to go follow us on the gram. I'm wondering whether I can do them assless because it is going to be hot and just wear a jockstrap. Um, no. What? Why?
S6: Public indecency.
S3: Yeah. You can go to jail If you're wearing a G string, it's a G string. It's a jockstrap. So there's nothing. Is there? Yes.
S8: Yes. Your whole ass out in the children's park. At least make some sort of material.
S3: But I think I'll be like a cute gay cowboy. Dad. No, you'll have 200. And what, 40 people vomiting.
S6: Save that for the after party.
S3: I am the after party, though. What presents do you want for them? Uh, we have said absolutely no presents. Our children are so privileged. But we would love it if you really do want to spend something on them. To donate money to the Ronald McDonald House in Amarillo, Texas, where Marcus and I lived for like a month, which was, we don't need to go back there, but they were the most supporting, caring organization and people, and they deserve the money. They don't have the privilege like our sons have. And I know the boys have a lot of internet aunties and uncles, and so and I get messages all the time of like, we want to send the boys stuff and if you wanted to get them anything for their birthday, you can donate to to the Ronald McDonald House in Amarillo in the boys names for their first birthday.
S4: Luke, Luke and sassy. Sassy.
S6: Sassy.
S4: Scott.
S3: Scott and I are preparing ourselves to be fresh.
S8: Losers on.
S3: Friday. We're becoming really good losers. We are the underdogs, Australia's greatest underdogs when it comes to any award. It's true. So we're up for an actor award this Friday for favourite Australian digital creators. Digital creators and the actors are what? The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Awards. Right. So and it's very prestigious. Last year I got to hang out with your Margot Robbie's your Cate Blanchett. Rebel. Wilson. Rebel. Russell Crowe is hosting it this year. He is indeed. But let's take you back. Three years ago, when Luke and I first came into the scene, fell into it. We were nominated. So first is a nomination. And a lot of you would have nominated for us as well. So thank you. Thank you. But the list to nominate, it's something like 50 to 100 creators are on this list to begin with. And then they, the top eight will then be able to go to the. They'll be nominated. So you choose who you want to be nominated. So it's it's like it's so to make the shortlist is still a win for us. And that's what we got to remember. That's all we need to remember because we know we're winning. Yeah we know we don't win anything. Yeah it hits us hard. I know at first we used to we we struggled with losing. But now we enjoy I enjoyed the losing because you make easy content around it, to be honest. One week back to back, we were put up for our TikTokers Creative TikTokers of the year or whatever. And then the week after for this, this award. And we went back to back week after week losing to some a creator called Cat Clark. Yeah. Cat Clark. She's amazing. And looking back.
S8: Now, we were always going to lose. We were delusional.
S3: Delusional like people like her army is just ridiculous. I mean, we love you and the support you give us, but like, fucking the armies of the cat Clark's of the world. So second year in a row, we get nominated again. Who do we lose to? Cat Clark. Catherine fucking Clark, it's Caitlin, is it? I don't know, I call her Catherine. Remember when we did a roadshow with her? Not long ago? We were on a panel and she laughed. I said, Catherine Clark. And she was just like, shut up, Scott. I never think of short names.
S8: If there got to be a longer name or.
S3: Not. But here we are going for our three peat to lose an actor award again in two days time. We're going to be up on the Gold Coast. So last year I actually went by myself. Yes, because I was collecting my twin sons who were over in Texas. Yeah. That's right. You looked good last year. Yeah, I remember as well. I had chewing gum on the red carpet and everyone was like, Luke, you never chew gum on a red carpet. Apparently, I looked awful. Well, yeah, because a there's photographers and you're doing interviews all along the red carpet, so why the fuck would you be slapping your. It was one of those days where it was stormy, wet but hot. So I struggle, sweat, you sweat, I sweat. I can't stop sweating. There was no stopping the sweat. And do you know what? Hang on. You know what one of the tricks is in entertainment. Breathe through your nose. Hold it, then through your mouth. That's just breathing. No, that's to stop sweat. Oh, no. The thing you do with sweat is you have to lean into it, lean into it, and wipe it off. Because people start to get really nervous about sweating. So then you over sweat. So if you lean into it and be like, I'm wet, it's a hot day. No, start beating your face and taking it off you because otherwise you start profusely sweating and you get really nervous. But I did. But then my white jacket was starting to go see through, so I so I stopped doing that as well. Yeah, it was really sweaty. It was really slapping your fucking. What was the awards like last year? Because clearly you're bringing me this year. And so I bring the star power when you and I walk onto a red carpet. That's true. But maybe you are somewhat right, because last year, Scott, when I checked, when I checked in, all the digital creators were able to sit together. So you had your Katherine Clark's. You had your. Yeah. Who else was up for it? Oh, don't do that to me on the Maddie McCrea. Oh, yeah. Big creators. Bridey. She was up for it last year, too. Yeah. Who else? And she lost to Cat Clark. Were the only guys up last year. They were all girls into Clinton. She was there. Oh, for fuck's sake. Right. So they were all there who were gonna lose to. But they were like, sorry, Luke. No. First they had me up the top, like near the back. And I was like, oh, they said, we're all sitting together and they're like, oh, sorry, you shouldn't be up here. We're in like a stadium. Yeah. Where people buy tickets. Right. So I didn't know what was going on, what I know. So I'm like, oh, everyone said that we're supposed to be sitting there like, oh, we're so sorry, Luke, blah, blah, blah. So they brought me down where the creators and that are. But there were no seats, obviously. So then they sat me behind like the tech desk. What? Did I never tell you this? No. So I'm behind the tech desk calling the fucking show, going, Margot Robbie's up next. Pretty much. Yeah, I had screens in front of me. They just completely forgot about it. They forgot about us? Well, no, because I never RSVP. They knew I wasn't going. We did. We brought Bella instead of, you know, we we knew that Bella, our manager, was going in place of me. It's going to happen again this year. It might happen again this year. No, it will happen. I'll flip a fucking table. I'm like, get me a fucking table. There were no tables. It's a theater. I don't get dressed up. What? Yeah. It's like Rosie we went was. Yeah, it's not in Sydney, it's in Gold Coast. Oh yeah. It's like a so we don't eat during it. No, I'm trying to think. Do you eat after it? I didn't even know there was a little bit of food after it. Like the aftertaste. Odd that it starts at 1 p.m.. That's the only odd thing. Gold coast. Hang on. So what role were the creators on last year? Row 2 or 3 or four? No, they were very far back to the digital creators. We're saying like second half of the room. What? Mhm. Yeah. We weren't sitting with you rebels and your Cate Blanchett's and your Margot Robbie Scott. Well you weren't. I might be. No. Even the winners. Cate Clarke wasn't even. Anyway, we're up for the award, which is very exciting, very exciting. We are prepared to lose again for the third year in a row. It's great to just be nominated. We've learned it's a great room to be in. I'm like, oh, hey, Celeste Barber. Hey, everyone. How? She's like, that guy kind of looks familiar. Yeah, she follows us. Does she? Yeah. Um, no. Who do I have the best chat with last year? Oh, my God, I feel bad for forgetting his name. You're gonna love Costa, the gardener man who has, like, flowers in his beard. Oh, yeah? Yeah. He's awesome. Can we? We will never name the name. But the first year that Luke and I went to this show. Oh, yeah. We told you to shut up. We don't talk about the black book. You've openly spoken about this before? Not in this way. No, we can't say their name. Please beep them. Just say it. They were the rudest person. They called you out for something. They're known for. But you had my back in it. You thought it was really rude. That's what you always say when we tell people about it. Yeah, cause she was piercing my ears as well. So there was a person who has who is a huge celebrity. They are big. And we were being interviewed. I think it was by ABC or E! No, it was entertainment news. Yeah, E! News and and on the red carpet with the media is. It's really cool. No, we're also calling the lady who is interviewing us. You said the wrong name and I went with it. You called him Martina. So I started calling her Martina. And her name's not Martina. I had to text her the next day, going, we're so sorry. She's like, yeah, I kept laughing. I don't know why you were calling me Martina. Why did I call? Maybe it's cause you just were like, oh, hello, Martina. And I was like, oh, he's confident. I'll be confident. So as we're doing this interview, um, next second and it's so loud, there's so much going on photographers and and that are screaming you, you all packing next to each. Chris Hemsworth's behind you. It's full on. Energy's everywhere. And, um, we're being interviewed by E! And then next, second, somebody next to me turned around dressed in like a kimono or something and said, excuse me, would you shut up? You're so loud. And I looked at this person who I've looked up to my entire life. Um, they are somebody that I deeply respected for what they've done for my community, what they've done for the arts and culture. They just all of a sudden, you know, when you hear that, you know that saying of don't meet your heroes. All of a sudden my jaws dropped and this person wasn't looking at me in a kind way. It was like a shut your fucking mouth so I can do my interview. And they clearly didn't get the brief on me, did they? Luke, they didn't get the memo. Hopefully, maybe they'll be there on Friday. So very quickly I turned around and I said, that's fucking rich. Coming from somebody who's made a career out of screaming and carrying on their whole life, too. And Luke and I just looked at each other and our guts sank. Right. It wasn't nice like it was. It was a pit feeling. And then we just put our back to the person and kept on with the interview and everyone else. The ABC were interviewing that person. They looked over at me like, oh, sorry, that was bad on their behalf. Anyway, that person's name went into our black book. Yes, I reckon they will be at this event on Saturday and I don't care. Robbie Williams will be performing. What? Yeah, cause he fuck, he's the better man. Movies out, which was made by he's Australian live. Yeah. Robbie Williams, not Robin. Robbie. I know Robin's past. Yeah, I know, that's why I thought you were more shocked. Robert. Hang on. Robbie. Robbie! Robert. Now I'm confused. The singer, not Irwin. Robert. That's Robert Irwin. No, there's Robbie Williams, Robbie Williams. Spunk. He's really on the media tour at the moment, isn't he? Yeah. He's everywhere. Well, he's got his movie out. I need to go see the movie and go. How many songs can you do? Go next one. And through it all, she asks me. Pretend to go. I'll make a list. I can't, I can't think of any more. Come on.
S9: Come on. Done. They're selling razor blades and mirrors in the streets. That's the best one. That one's got the most meaning and hurt behind it.
S3: Oh, Luke's just showed us a side to him. Can we pull up the lyrics to that song and read them out? And we're going to learn more about Luke. Robbie Williams come undone. And when I.
S6: Come so unimpressed Rest. But so ignore such a saint. But such.
S3: Such a.
S6: Whore. So self-aware, so full of shit, so indecisive, so adamant. I'm contemplating, thinking about thinking it's overrated. Just get another drink and watch me come undone. They're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street I pray that when I'm coming down, you'll be asleep. If I ever hurt you. Your revenge will be so sweet. Because I'm scum and I'm your son. Oh, I come undone. That's really sad.
S3: Yeah, it's a nice song. So you've got daddy issues, Luke? No, I just really like the song.
S6: Uh, anybody else you're excited to see?
S3: Chris? It'll be good to see Christopher again. Oh, what if they run into her? No, Scott's got too many in his black book. Gotta be at the. Okay, this other. At least. I don't know if you know this story, but I was accosted and abused by somebody on this red carpet But after I was yelled at by somebody, I really looked up to. Scott was trying to talk to another celebrity. We were given the okay and we were being supported by TikTok Australia to interview some people on the red carpet, and the actors wanted us doing it as well. Anyway, they all said there's one person you won't be able to talk to, that's Chris Hemsworth. And I said, oh, I'll get him. He'll talk to us. And then anyway, as he's coming through the red carpet, I'm like, hey, Chris. And he was like, hey, how you doing? Me and Luke start talking to him, a person I feel a pain, a sharp pain, like I'm being shivved in jail. Um. And it was the worst thing ever. I'm being pinched here really fucking hard by someone. And I turn around and it's someone from his publicity team is going. No questions. Do not talk to him. And I look at this person in horror. Chris Hemsworth has realised what's going on. So he puts his arm around me, right? And starts and I'm oblivious. I'm like, Scott's being so weird and I'm like, shook. I'm like, I'm being hurt. Someone's pinching me really hard. Chris has put his arm around me and he goes to Luke, tell him to ask the question. And this person in his publicity team was like, do not talk to him, and was squeezing my little fatty roll on my hip, right? And then Luke goes, Scott, Scott! He said, ask the question. Go. And so Chris is like spinning me around to shield me from this fucking horrible person that's then following me around going like this, like with little clippers pinching me, right? And then I said to Chris, oh, hey, we're up for an award tonight. We haven't prepared a speech, should we? And he goes, I'm up for an award. Um, I haven't prepared a speech. I'll write your one, you write my one, and we'll come back and meet her in like an hour or something. And I was like, okay, this person still pinching me, going, get away from him, get away from him. Right. Anyway, Luke, put that video up. People like Scott's so scared and intimidated by Chris Hemsworth. Everyone's like, he's so star struck. Oh, that's really cute. Scott, you're red in the face. And then we brought people's attention to the fact that, no, there was a person standing behind. I think we ever spoke about it. Oh. Did we? No. On the talk we were saying, oh, look at what's happening. No we didn't. Yeah we did. And people we did it on a live. I haven't posted it. Maybe alive. Anyway. And someone in his publicity team and he has a big team and their job is to keep him moving. If you ever got that big, I'd like someone that on my team, wouldn't you not?
S6: Nah, that's pretty cool.
S3: It's pretty cool. No, you are a imagine hiring a pincher. The people you hire and the people in your team are a reflection of you. And so you need a pincher on our list. It hurts so much.
S6: And it means that he can get away. He can keep being a nice guy and he just gets to, like everyone else, gets to do the crappy work.
S3: He came across very nice. He knew he was like, she's doing her thing, but these guys are cool. I'm going to chat to them. And that's why he said to Luke, tell him to ask the question. And he was like moving me around and shielding me from her. But it really hurt and it really shocked me. You were hurt for a while after it, and I went to the table and I was like, that fucking bitch was pinching me. And I was shocked. I was like, what if I started pinching a purse, a woman or anyone on the red carpet? They'd be like, abuse, call the police. Like you pinch anyone, you'd probably get in trouble. It really hurt. I don't like being pinched, so I hate it. I've got some. Someone pinched me on a red carpet. I don't know what I would do. It was horrible. I'm surprised you did nothing. And just before it, I got screamed at by somebody. Who? You were a bit nervous because it was Chris Hemsworth. That's why you didn't want to call someone out for pinch Me. I definitely wasn't nervous. But he's a lovely guy, Chris. He's been good to catch up with you. Anyway, uh, go follow us on the socials to see us lose again this coming Friday. Biggest losers right here. Luke and Scott. Third time in a row. It's something we know how to do. Well, it's lose, it's lose.
S6: You guys are always winners to me.
S3: Oh, thanks. Somebody in our studio. Get him the fuck out! Pinch him!
S1: Mom!
S10: No! She didn't. Oh! Stop it! No! Fuck off! Stop it! Sibling squabbles.
S11: Hey, I'll jump right in. So, um, it's probably about eight Christmases ago now. We had, like, 16 people over because my mom's a bit like yours and wants to invite all the waifs and strays. My brother was 18, and he hadn't really been into drinking before that. He was a bit of a wet bloke like Luke. No offence. Yeah, we were playing beer pong with my girlfriend at the time, now the mother of my children, and she was going pretty hard on him, like we didn't have any beer, so we were using prosecco and he was losing bad. And he was starting to look real, like white in the face. She's going really hard on him. And I was like, oh, maybe take it a bit easy on him. Like he's not looking so good. And then all of a sudden he just disappears. And I was like, now look what you've done. You know, he's gone to thrown up. About an hour goes past and he still hasn't come out of the bathroom and all the guys are peeing outside, but all the girls are starting to dance on the spot, like desperate to get in there. So a few people have gone up and tried to get him out and he's not answering. So I went up and I'm banging on the door and I just sort of like, weakly hear him say that he'll be a minute. And I was like, just open the door. Like, I know you've thrown up. You've probably missed the toilet. Like, we'll clean it up. It's not a problem. But he would not open the door. And my dad got so pissed and he just raced up the stairs. He was like bashing on the door. And eventually you hear the lock go and we open the door. Now, to this day, my brother believes that he threw up on the floor and that was the extent of it. And that's where the sibling squabble comes in. The truth is, he was throwing up in the toilet with his pants down and he shat all over the floor. Sorry if you're listening to this, Jay. All over the floor. Liquid shit completely coated the bathroom. It was horrendous and he was just lying in it, like on his back or his front. Oh, but he was just covered. Covered. So me and my dad, we grabbed him by the ankle and we sort of dragged him through it out onto the landing. Through the landing into his room. And we just deposited him in his room and just left him there because I was like, oh.
S3: And he's.
S11: Poo. And my dad proceeded to, like, clean it all up. It never came out of the ground like, oh, it was the worst, most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life. My mum was pissed because we didn't clean him up, so she went upstairs and cleaned him up. But anyway, the squabble is like to this day, we're not allowed to bring it up to him to save him the embarrassment. So I've come on the podcast and told you the story, of course, but the squabble has always been like, can we just tell him already? Like it's been eight years. Like grow from it. Anyway, massive fan of the podcast. Love you guys. Love my Aussie missus. And uh, yeah. Shout out.
S12: That's great.
S3: What a way to kick off 20 fucking 25 could have been an episode in best squabble we've ever had. One of the best that is up there with top three. Holy fuck balls. The smell of the poo.
S6: Do you think that they should tell him?
S3: Yes. He won't believe it. It's been too long. He knows he can remember. He will know. He knows. Blackout is serious, though. I used to blackout and miss certain details of shit covered in shit. The smell of human fucking faeces is so bad. Best sibling squirrel. Is it the best sibling squabble that it reminds me of Zak. And we know the smell. I remember getting called into work in radiography once when it was like 3 a.m. in the morning, and it was this really urgent case that was from the country where they were bleeding out, and there was another doctor or surgeon that had a finger on the artery to stop them bleeding out. And it was something like they'd been in the helicopter and everything. It was like one of those ones from a classic TV show you would watch, where it was very much like she took her hand away. Pen in the throat. If the artery will bleed. Like it was going to be the pressure. Would have probably killed the patient. Patient was covered in shit like this person. Shouldn't laugh. Well, I know we've walked in the room and everyone's like. And then, like, the poor surgeon who's got the hand is being like. Can someone please clean them? Like, cause I couldn't move away from them. And so I was the only one there. And you walked up. I had to clean poo off. You don't do anything for anyone else. I was getting paid for it. At least a double time. Because it's on call, but. Oh, that's what it reminded me of. And the stench and the dirtiness. And it's not just a clean wipe. It's everywhere. And each area probably needed, like three big wipes. Like, I'm not a nurse. Like nurses would know how to do. They do that every day on their shifts. I wasn't ready for it, and that's what reminded me of it just then. Zack, you are a fucking top tier. You are the definition of a sibling and sibling squabble. Thank you so much. Jake, it's time for you to know that you shut yourself when you drank too much once. Fuck it. Why don't we get on to them and get him to say it on the podcast live? We can try. I reckon we would do it. We can try. To all of our UK mates out there as well. Thanks so much for your support. We see you and we hear you a lot in all of the messages you send us. So thank you. And speaking of saying thank you, we are now going to dive deep into the reviews that you, the listener, leaves for us, for us to read out. Yeah. So you're leaving these on any of the podcast platforms that you're listening to this? You write it on Spotify, write it on Apple, write it wherever you can, and this is where we're going to find them and read them out. Emily says, I love this show so much. My fiance thinks I'm crazy. Much love from Canada. Luke. Mitchie. Mitchie. Mitchie. Mitchie. Mitchie. Your. Chris. Your Christmas episode with your parents was joyous to listen to. Thank you for bringing David and Des to join us in our ears. Stick around for another 12 months and we might bring him back at the end of this year. Cassandra Christmas with Mum and dad. My mum passed away. I'm gonna cry. My mum passed away in 2004 and my dad wasn't a part of my life. So many things I wish I could ask her, but hearing you to speak to your parents brought me warmth and happiness. Thank you so much. Scott, it's been 21 years for Cassandra.
S13: Okay, I know.
S3: You're finding out for the first time, but she has a 21.
S6: Years.
S3: Okay, next is E Partington. G'day, Luke and Scott. Listening to your incredible podcast means more to me than a lot of people do know. Earlier this year, I was struggling deeply with my mental health when I felt like I needed something to help me get through the day. I will listen to this podcast and without a doubt it would bring me joy. Listening to you to bicker made me believe there is faith in this world. Kudos boys, and thank you for everything. Do you know what I feel like when I get these messages? I'm sure you don't read them on the main account, but so many people write how much we help them, and I just see them now as messages and I respond to everyone individually, but they don't have this emotional effect or toll on me, um, like they did at the very start. Or I think it's because I'm not putting them out. Like hearing you read that out has an effect on me. It makes it more, more real. So when I just see it as a message, when people share incredible things with me. Thank you for listening. Follow the podcast by chat. All right. That brings us.
S14: To the end of today's episode. Wherever you're listening to us, write a review because we hope we can read them out next week. Thank you for coming along for the journey again. Remember to also follow us on Instagram Luke and Sassy Scott Podcast, because that's where our lovely producer, Elise will ask you for help and get your voice and be a part of the podcast too. So make sure you're there for us. You won't be a part of it.
S15: Luke I'm sassy. Sassy Scott.