S1: Listener.
S2: Crackpot acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of the land in which we are recording this podcast. The Ulucay Wolen clan of the Boomerang who were a part of the Kulin nation. We pay our respects to our elders, past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
S3: Welcome to the Kick Pod a.
S2: Damn with your besties on the stuff that matters. One. Two. Three.
UU: Four. One. Two. Three. Four.
S2: Hello? Kick.
S3: Pod tech. Sydney.
S2: Kick. Pod tech. Sydney. It does. We are recording in Sydney today, guys. Which for your ears is exactly identical. But we. We just had to. I don't know, it's not even a confession. Yes.
S3: Producer Lindsay is in our ears instead of over by the window, which feels very odd.
S2: We keep looking to the window and then I'm like, oh yes, Lindsay's in Melbourne.
S3: But we are so, so excited to be here. And we've had such a big week full of very, very cool and exciting projects, one of which that we actually announced yesterday. So when we're recording this episode, we have been up here because we shot for our brand new Stax collection, which is so exciting because we announced yesterday that we have got another collection. Um, and our affirmation behind this collection, if you were a fan of the first one, you would know it was I am enough. And this one is I can and I will.
S2: It's been so exciting. So the first collection launch in it was crazy. It's Feb, February February this year. So six months ago. And everyone it was it was actually like it exceeded every expectation. It sold out in like half an hour VIP night which was in 30 minutes. Then when we went live the next day to everyone that wasn't in the VIP list, and we're going to put a link for you to be able to sign up to the VIP list, so you can be on that. It's like a VIP list. It's hard to get on, like you can sign up to it so you get early access to the collection before because it is likely we have we have got more this time because we want to make sure there's enough for everyone, but it is it. Just in case it does sell out, make sure you sign up to the VIP list. But it was crazy. Like it sold out so quickly and you guys just loved it. And having being able to work with the amazing Don until the Stax founders again on another collection and the incredible Stax team has been so awesome because we have been able to build in all of the feedback from the first collection. And we've also worked with Don and till on new designs that Stax have actually never done before either. And there are two tops, so we've got a halter neck crop. So it's a sports bra. That's a halter neck. Yeah, it is now. It's not super light support. Light support. Exactly. Right. Like it's not not for running but for the gym and stuff. It looks so, so hot. It is so good. And I was like, oh, I don't know if I wear a halter neck sports bra because like when we were doing the fitting, I was like, oh, this will be maybe more like a Steph one, I don't know. I just, I was like, I don't know how I'll feel in it. No, it looks so good. I walked out and I was like, oh, guys. Feeling myself like, I know 100 bucks, a million bucks, 10 million bucks. What am I saying? But it's just the way we work so hard on making sure it was this. The way the V shape, the perfect amount of kind of lowness, the ribbed, um, flexible waistband, the amount of kind of. It doesn't. I really don't like sports bras that pull a lot like halterneck that pull on your, your neck. Exactly. And so we've made sure like we've just, we've done it's super soft and it is in the premium seamless fabric. That's what's really exciting. So our last collection was in spandex. This one is in seamless. The whole collection stacks is famous for their seamless. It is such good quality. It's incredible. So we are just so excited for you to wear it. Yeah.
S3: And it's.
S2: Blue.
S3: It's blue? Yeah.
S2: And black and cream. And it's. It's just gorgeous and blue. Just makes me feel joyful. So. No, it's just to share this with you. We just hope you love it as much as we do.
S3: Yes. And the collection will officially be live on Friday the 13th of September. And also as we did last time as well to celebrate this Friday. It is this Friday.
S2: Yes. So this week guys, and the, the early um, the early access is Thursday evening. So make sure you sign up and then you'll get that access for this Thursday night and then yeah live.
S3: For everyone else.
S2: On Friday. But last time there was hardly anything left as we said. So just make sure you sign up to VIP.
S3: Exactly. Um, but to celebrate the launch, we are also hosting an event in Melbourne. So last time we did an event in Sydney decided to do it in our home town of Melbourne. This time around, next Saturday, the 21st of September, we've got a panel chat with the two of us and Don and till and an empowering workshop which, if you were from Sydney and came to the first one we had, we had so many really positive reviews from the workshop that we did, and also for us, it was probably one of the most rewarding things we've got to do at an event, so we are so looking forward to that and can't wait to see you all there. But we will pop a link in the show notes for early Access, but we'll also pop a link in there to secure your spot if you would like to come along to that event in Melbourne. Okay, so we are chatting about cheating again because a couple of episodes ago now, we spoke about whether or not cheating was a deal breaker. And laws and I, we shared our opinion. Um, and then we jumped onto our Instagram and also in our Facebook group. And quite a lot of you disagreed with us, which, you know, all open to all opinions. But we thought there's more to this and it's worth getting our expert on Megan Luscomb to talk through how she might have helped clients through this. And so. Hello, Megan.
S4: Hello. Hello my love.
S3: I got so excited when I saw your comment on the video, but also very nervous about what your thoughts were going to be on our opinion because I was like, I hope we did her proud, but I would love to know what do you think? Like how how what have you worked through with clients when cheating comes up? Is it a deal breaker?
S4: Um, look, I will say more often than not, no, it's not a deal breaker. I, I think, um, both of you made really good points regarding the nuance of infidelity. And I think what's really important to clarify is that cheating is a term has evolved so much over, I would say, the past maybe 5 to 10 years when I was a teen, cheating was you were having sex with somebody else. Whereas now the term has really evolved into people using cheating for their partner, following someone on social media that they don't like having relationships with other gender they're attracted to. So I think what's really important to remember is when one person uses the term cheating, it may not necessarily apply in the same way that another person means cheating. And I think it's so important that we can all sort of hold space for that, because I know with clients that I've worked with, somebody has booked a session with me and said, oh, my partner cheated on me. And based on how I expressed the word cheating, my assumption is you're speaking about they've had sexual intercourse with somebody who wasn't you. And when we started the session, they let me know that their partner had been talking to somebody else who they weren't romantically involved with. So that, to me, is something that we all really need to start having conversations about is when we say cheating, what are we explicitly meaning?
S2: Oh, absolutely. And Megan, you said as well that as you said, it's not it doesn't have to be a deal breaker. No. Now, very interestingly, we did a poll on our Instagram and only 2% of people voted that it like agreed with us that it wasn't. It doesn't have to be a deal breaker now. 30% said they were kind of on the fence like it depend on it depended on the circumstances. And then 63% said it was a deal breaker. Yeah for sure. In your experience within all of all of your clients, obviously there's so many different circumstances where cheating can occur. Yeah, absolutely. Are there instances where because something that came through in the comments, it was quite interesting. Like Steph and I spoke a little bit about an affair. Like for me personally, I don't think I could come back from my partner having an affair. And then also a few people said if it was like a kiss and a nightclub, they could get through it. But if it was any more than that, they couldn't. Yeah. What circumstances have you. Are there any kind of specific circumstances that you see where cheating does occur? And it does tend to be a pattern and the relationship can't come back from that.
S4: Yeah. Look, I think what's when most people come to me regarding cheating, it's because they want to repair, they want to make the relationship work. And from all the people that I've worked with when it comes to infidelity, they haven't just woken up one day and decided to cheat on their partner. They've been going through something. The relationship's been going through something the individuals have been going through, something the people I've worked with haven't cheated from a place of maliciousness. And I know some people listening to this will go well. Cheating is malicious, but I think it's really important to remember that humans are humans and we're not all perfect, and we make mistakes, and we do things that sometimes we don't think we would. And it needs to be talked about from a place of situational. And that's where the nuance comes in. And I think when Steph, you were saying that, you know, people can be in dark places and like things happen. I think that conversation is something we need to be talking about more. But also, I think, Laura, when you were saying the affair and that you may not be able to come back from that, and it's because in the scenarios you're talking about, a fear is when we're talking about long term and we're generally talking about a relationship. So it's not even an affair anymore. You're having a relationship with somebody else, and that's for people can be harder to come back from because now it's you've changed the dynamic of us, and now you've turned to somebody else as opposed to me, who is the person who was your primary person and so on and so forth. Whereas for some people, cheating is a one off experience. I'm not saying this is across the board and this is how it happens all the time. I'm just using this as an example for now. For some people they may go, oh, I cheated. Once I gave, I had a cheeky pash with somebody in the bar and it'll never happen again. Whereas somebody else saying, I've been having an affair for 3 to 4 years, that can be very different and I think every different. There are so many different and varied scenarios. And what I do see often is the people who often have a black and white, um, like, no, I could never like kidding is a deal breaker. Um, I think sometimes they're speaking from a place of they haven't been through the experience, so they're able to go, no, it's a deal breaker for me because they're not on the, um, the situation of having gone through it. And I think people who go through it, um, probably are able to speak to more of the nuance of that. It's not simply black and white in all cases.
S3: Yeah, it's so true. And I mean, outside of talking to an expert like yourself, if someone is listening and they've gone through this and maybe they're trying to work through if they can stay with their partner or not, and kind of make that decision on whether that's going to come back, what would you say? Obviously, outside of being very open with their partner. What what would you say to. Yeah. To do or to try and figure out if it's going to be if you're going to be able to kind of trust them again. And that relationship can work long term.
S5: Yeah.
S4: It takes a lot of, uh, introspection, but it also takes a lot of accountability for the quality of the relationship and the quality of the people in the relationship. So what I would say is, if you are going through it and you're wondering, can we come out the other side? It's being able to analyze where the relationship was and the quality of it leading up to the I'm just going to say the incident. I'm just going to assume that it's a one off in this circumstance and working out how you were both showing up in the relationship as individuals, but as a couple before the incident took place. It also then relies on the person who engaged in the cheating to be able to take accountability theirself and do the work on themselves in order to be able to face whatever they're going through to ensure that they can grow and evolve and come out the other side. Because even though the saying is once a cheater, always a cheater, that's completely, fundamentally incorrect because we can't say that humans evolve and humans can change, and we can't say that people can change without also saying that somebody who has cheated can also have the capacity to no longer do it. What I will say there are some people who are not meant to be monogamous. Some people are more inclined to be in open relationships and to be polyamorous. And I think sometimes it's worth having those conversations as well. I think we all put a pressure on ourselves to be in a monogamous mindset, because we are in a very heavily monogamous society. But I think sometimes it's important that people also just peel the layer back a little bit and ask themselves, is this structure what I want? Is this something that aligns with me and to sort of have a conversation from that standpoint, but be kind to yourself and each other because it's um, it's a really emotionally loaded Topic.
S2: That is very I mean, as always, Megan, when is it ever not good advice from you? That is that is very, very good advice. And we actually have a question from a listener that has come up that we're going to ask you now. And it actually it's really interesting because your definition of I originally read it and I was like, that's not I didn't think of cheating when I read it, but by your definition of cheating, I actually think that, I mean, depending on the person it could come into for them. Like obviously everyone is different, but it could come in the kind of wide, wide range. So yeah, our community member has said, I fairly innocently look through my partner's photos on his phone to try to see if he had any screenshots or saved images of engagement rings that I'd been hinting at. Hahahahah! I came across some old, very explicit and intimate videos of him and his ex from a few years ago. He doesn't speak to his ex and this relationship ended badly. I've never looked through his phone before as I've never felt the need to. And trust him wholeheartedly. I feel bad for going through his phone, but now I feel sick and I don't know how to bring up that. I've seen these videos and then the listener is asking, how do I tell him to delete them? And I would maybe ask you, is that the next step, or is there a conversation about it before action is taken?
S4: Oh, wow. Isn't this, uh, isn't this a relatable, uh, behavior that going through your partner's phone, right? I think a lot of people listening to this will probably go, I've done this before. I mean, this was definitely me when I was like 18 to 21. I mean, I'm nearly 40 now, so a long time since I've done it, but I can relate to the motivations of doing it. I think what's really important to remember is we need to acknowledge that behavior, because going through your partner's phone without their knowledge, it's not an innocent action. It never.
S5: Is.
S4: If we're doing something without our partner's consent, that's not an innocent action. As much as we can say to ourselves that all we had, you know, we had good motives, you know. Well, if you were doing it without their knowledge, that's actually that's a trust issue in itself. And I think we all need to be able to acknowledge that. And I know so many people get very frustrated with me when I say going through your partner's phone is a no no, and you should never do that, because what I usually hear back is, oh, well, if they've got nothing to hide, then they won't care. That's not the point. The point is, everybody deserves privacy, and they deserve to have things that they that are their own. And sure, if your partner lets you go through their phone and you both share passwords and things like that, that's totally fine. And I'm all for that. If that's a consensual agreement within your relationship, but to do it without their knowledge, that's a trust break and it's a boundary break. And I think it's important that the person who sent this through can sort of take that self-accountability and go. Actually, that wasn't an innocent.
S5: Motivation.
S4: For me. I was doing something without telling them. But I think the next step is you've got to decide whether you're going to.
S5: Tell.
S4: Now before anyone's like, oh, you know, Megan's condoning secrets. I think it's always important to reflect on whether you're going to bring up what you found out, because you need to actually start considering the values and the relationship values before you make a decision. And what I'm saying in that is a lot of the time we will disclose behaviors and things that we've done, not from a place because we want to mend and we want to grow stronger, and we want the relationship to become better. But we disclose from a place of guilt alleviation. We feel bad and we want to feel better about what we've done, so we disclose that. So it's about being able to identify. Am I disclosing because I need to relieve my guilt for doing something that I know that I shouldn't have done, and because now I actually want them to do something with what I found out or I made, or am I disclosing because I want to integrate this into the relationship as a new standard or expectation of we shouldn't be going through our phones without each other's knowledge. That's a really that's a really poor behavior that we don't want. And maybe we now need to have a bigger conversation about what we are putting on our phones, relating to our past. Does that make sense? What I just said, no, it does.
S3: And I think like there's a good there's a good chance that like, he's forgotten that all of that content's even on there. So it's like once she if she wants to bring it up, as you said, now she's got to decide if it's something that she wants to bring up. But, you know, it's you know, once that decision has been made, like he could turn around and be like, oh my God, I didn't even know that they were still on there. Of course I can get rid of them. Yeah. Um, but yeah, it's an interesting also, I could he.
S4: Could also turn around and feel very deceived.
S3: Yes. Totally.
S5: Very true. Yeah.
S4: I don't have a wrong versus right. Whether you should disclose whether you shouldn't I don't I'm not the, you judge and jury here. I think everybody has their own autonomy. But I do think it's important to always be introspective and unpack your motivations for why you're going to do something before you do it 100%.
S2: Now, I don't know if this question is me thinking about it in a black and white way, but if he was watching the videos hypothetically regularly.
S5: Yep.
S2: How would for this person is that a breach of trust within a relationship? Obviously it depends on on the people. I don't I feel like if my husband was watching videos of him having sex with other partners while we were together, I would actually find that really uncomfortable.
S4: Yeah, I think it's okay to feel, and I absolutely think it's okay to feel uncomfortable about these things. It's okay to.
S5: Go.
S4: Oh, that feels really icky. I that doesn't feel good within me and that feels icky. It's okay to feel all of those things, but it's also important that we need to acknowledge that our partner had a past, and that past involved things that didn't have anything to do with us. And if they're watching content on about their past, that's that's actually still their prerogative to do it. And I get that that feels icky. But my, my whole, you know, empowerment for people is we need to respect autonomy and we need to respect that our partners are people that exist without us and without our influence. And they have past that don't involve us. And they're entitled to have those moments of their past in ways that serve them. And I know that feels really uncomfortable, and I know it feels really conflicting, but that's what a relationship really needs in order to have trust and to have a connection of togetherness. It's being able to have this respect and to and to know that our partner is.
S5: Still.
S4: Showing up in the relationship and obviously committed to us, but they also are able to have thoughts and things about their past that still have nothing to do with us. And I get it. That feels icky. And I know a lot of people are probably going to listen to this and be like, stop that. I get it. It feels confronting and it feels really conflicting, but it doesn't mean that it's not something we need to start, you know, considering and thinking about seriously.
S6: I love it.
S3: I just every time, every time we call you that.
S2: Is very, very good advice. And I think to our listener, I hope that helps. And yeah, so it's just now to think about if you want to have the conversation or not. Megan, one last thing. Just on this, I apologize for going back into it. But if for this listener, they because I think if it was me, I think where I'd really struggle is if I, if I did find it and I was worried like, oh, is he watching this? I don't know all of those thoughts. It's this battle with living with this knowledge that you now have, but also obviously Navigating. Well, I have been. I've deceived my partner because I have gone on their phone without asking them, and they didn't know that. And that's a that's a breach of trust in itself.
S5: Yeah.
S2: If for this listener, they kind of they decide that you know what. No, I shouldn't have gone on the phone without, you know, asking. But then it gets to a month and this is like just eating them inside. And they think about it every time they see their partner. Is that at a point where you would. Because I think that would be really hard if you you want to have trust in your relationship. But I think the hardest thing and this is why maybe we don't we shouldn't go through people's phones is that once, you know, have new information, it's fucking so hard to unsee it. And it, like, takes over your whole body. Yeah.
S4: Yeah, that's exactly right. And I think, I think there are probably two ways that I would say for this listener to really start thinking about it. If they want to disclose. Go for it. But it's always important to fall on your sword. When we fall on our sword, we take accountability for our own actions, and then we do the olive branch of how can we rebuild and repair? Okay, so that's the. I shouldn't have gone through your phone. I'm sorry. However, what I found is been really confronting for.
S5: Me.
S4: And ABC. Now, we can't explicitly ask our partner to remove things from their phones. They have nothing to do with us because it's their phone and it's their private information. But what you can potentially do is ask for a compromise. You may say something along the lines of it comes to content that involves your past relationships. Is there an opportunity or a possibility for you to put that on a hard drive.
S5: That.
S4: Is existing somewhere in the house that you that that you don't have on your phone? You may throw in a compromise. And again, your partner can say no to that because it's their phone and it's their content. But I think what's really important to remember is if you're holding on to this after a month, say, this listener decided not to say anything, and 3 or 4 months down the track, they're still thinking about it. Of course, you can still bring it up. It's something that you did a few months ago. You know, if that's what you want to do. but it's always leading in with Self-accountability and then coming up with a plan for repair and reconnect. And I think that's the most important thing to be able to do is that self-accountability and repair and and reconnect. And it's completely up to what this listener wants to do. There's no right or wrong. It's just what they want to do.
S3: And I think that's that's been the biggest message from today. And I think that's what I love so much about your advice is that there's no right or wrong. So even if this conversation happens and it doesn't go down the way you know, they want it to, it's then up to them if they feel comfortable or not staying in the relationship.
S5: Absolutely.
S4: Absolutely 100%.
S2: Thank you. Megan, you are a queen. We appreciate you so much and your wisdom wise.
S4: I love our chats.
S5: Thank you so much, ladies.
S2: Bye.
S7: One. Two. Three. Four.
S2: Okay, guys. Hi. Hi. Hi. I, I need to talk to you about something. I feel like this year there was there was a point in the podcast where every week I had a story about my two dogs, Bill and Ben, pooing in the house. And some people loved it. Some people did not love it so much. Yeah, it.
S3: Does need a disclaimer this segment.
S2: If you don't like talking about poo, do not listen to this segment.
S3: And probably I'm gonna say there's probably going to be a little swear word thrown in there and maybe here and there.
S2: So what happened in my house a couple of weeks ago was fucked again.
S3: And F-word two.
S2: There you go. Oh, you said s word. Shit. Okay. It was actually like. I'm so sorry. I'm okay.
S3: So you can say it was fucked.
S2: I am working from home. I'm so. I'm at home for this day. And what had happened was the day before, poor little Benny had had. My dog had had a very sore tummy. And every time he ate he was vomiting. So he had vomited in his all good. Now though, in case anyone's worried like I was. But he's all good now, and he's vomited in his bed and Bill's bed, and we have these beds that you can wash. You can take them apart and wash, and it honestly takes probably five minutes to put them back to bed together. But it is the bane of my existence. I it is my least favourite job. I hate it more than making our bed. Yeah, and I really don't like putting sheets on the bed, so it's just very. I feel the.
S3: Same way about couch cushion.
S2: Covers. Yes, it's similar, similar experience. Right. Anyway. But I was like, look, we'll leave the it's a bit gross, but I was like, we'll leave the beds for another night because if he vomits again, I'm not doing that twice. Okay, so we've got beds, dog beds with vomit. Then we wake up in the morning and Ben has then vomited the poor thing all over the rug. Now, because this is a common occurrence in our household, it hasn't happened for a while. We have a washable rug. We have a washable rug that can go in the in a commercial washing machine. So at the laundromat, which has everyone that's been on my dry saga story. You know, I spend a lot of time at the laundromat. I'm well accustomed to that. Anyway, so the house smells like vomit. Okay, it is what it is. I had to go to a physio appointment, go to my physio appointment. I come back and I'm like, I walk into our house and I was like, oh my God, I can smell vomit, but I can also smell sewerage. And I was like, oh my God. And I'm walking. And as I'm getting closer to our bathroom, I'm like, our bedroom, mind you, and our ensuite, that doesn't have a door. It's all open space. Yeah, it's getting worse and worse. And I was like, what has Dawson done in this house? Like what? He went straight to blaming Dalton. I'm like, What is Dalton done? Walk into our bathroom now. Our shower in our rental is it's a little bit random. It's like it's almost got a bath built into it. But it's not one of those bath showers.
S3: It's a square shower with a step down.
S2: Step down? Exactly.
S3: Yeah, but it's not. It's probably like. What would you say? I don't know how many centimeters, but it's not super, super deep.
S2: No it's not. It's probably about 30.
S3: Great for washing the dogs.
S2: Yeah, yeah. True, true. Anyway, so I walk into our bathroom and I was like, what the actual. Sorry to swear, but fuck. We had sewage in our shower. Sewage pool, water in our shower. And I was like, oh my God. So the sewage through the pipes has come up through all not all of the most of the drains in our house. And so the, the basins and including our shower had floating poo. I honestly died, I was like, oh my God, how am I ever going to stand? It's like absorbing into the walls of the shower. There's floaties. It is not good. And then I'm like, oh my God, Dalton, what are we going to do? Because the plumbing is not. Again, I really like to be empowered except to not plumbing. It's not my domain. I then walk out and then I'm like, where's Bill and Ben gone? I walk around outside and mind you, Ben with a sore tummy, who's just come back from the vet having an injection to not vomit anymore, and he's on a strict diet of, uh, rice and chicken boiled with nothing on it. And, Bill, they're both. So the drain also is outside. It is overflowing outside. It's made a big puddle of stuff. Bill and Ben are there drinking it, and and they then smell like sewage as well. And our house, I can't it was vomit. It was sewage. It was. Oh, my God, I can't even explain to you. And it was quite, it was quite. It was, it was a lot. So tell me it was a lot. Because I know you.
S3: Guys got, like an emergency plumber in straight away. But you. I know this because you've just moved in. You're renting and your spare bedroom isn't set up. Yes. So you slept in your. We did. What was that night like?
S2: Oh, yes. So we it went down because the emergency plumber. But the thing is unfortunately there's some in the all. It's the same in our old house. The pipes were made of terracotta so tree roots can get into them. Yes. Isn't it crazy? They used to make people used to make pipes out of terracotta. I'm no plumber, but that seems quite out there. Well, you know, I don't think they do it anymore. Wasn't, as you know. Yeah. I don't think they do it anymore anyway. But yes, it was. I sprayed so much stuff. I scrubbed the shower I it was, it was, it was, it was a lot. It was a lot. And it just it just got me thinking like plumbing is just like hats off to.
S3: All the plumbers out there. Seriously, how they do it? Slay. I really don't know how they do.
S2: It, but it's also one of the like I've never had poo in the shower before. So it was. Yeah, I'm.
S3: Sure many people haven't.
S2: But I did what? We washed the dog beds and we washed the rug, and now we have like a rug that looks brand new. So that's a positive, very positive. But it was genuinely a shit show. I love Plumbing disaster of all time.
S3: No, that is definitely. That is definitely a big plumbing disaster. It makes me think though, like there's I have no doubt in my mind that our community will absolutely have some stories, but I would like to share one. I think when you told me about this, it made me think about any plumbing disasters that I've been a part of. And one time up the farm, which is my husband Josh's family holiday house, his dad came in and said to all of us, look, I'm going to be under the house with the pipes. No one used the bathroom for like the next little while we were watching a movie. So I think I was a bit like just nodding along, but like, didn't really clock what he'd said. It was some time afterwards.
S2: But how much.
S3: Time? I don't remember, but it wasn't straight away.
S2: At least it was.
S3: Long enough that he was under the house for a while and I went to the toilet.
S2: Wait, he's not a plumber either. He's not? No.
S3: So he knows his things. Okay. You know, he's a handy dude. So he was under there and I went to the toilet, forgetting he was under the house and, um, went number twos.
S2: You did a poo.
S3: I did a poo, and the pipes were open, and he came inside and was like, who did the toilet? And I wasn't alone. Like there was, I think like Ethan. Josh, like, there was quite a few of us there. And I was like, just instantly I realized what I had done. No. Yes, of course I did. Well, everyone also knew that I went to the toilet. But did you announce it? No one decided. Well, I'd left the room and come back. Well, you.
S2: Didn't, you didn't. But no one.
S3: Else had gone to the toilet because they were all they all.
S2: Remembered. I would have said no. I went to the bedroom to, um, brush my hair. It felt naughty.
S3: What had happened was basically my shit had flown with water out of the pipe and apparently just missed his head. Like just missed his head. And I just, I think back.
S2: Now, and I think it's.
S3: The funniest thing ever.
S2: Because I.
S3: Almost shat on my father in law's.
S2: Head. You nearly pooed in your father in law's mouth. Why did you have to go there? Is that a fetish? In some places?
S3: Disgusting. But anyway. So. Yeah, it was, um. That's that's my story.
S2: So your father in law, Ken? Yes, as I call him. Yes. Came in and said, who pooed then? Did he say who? Poo went in my. Did he say who's the toilet? And then you confess or did he say, hey, a poo just flew Blew into my face. Whose was it? I think it.
S3: Was more like who? Just use the toilet. And then I was like, oh, and everyone looked at me because I was the only one who had left the room.
S2: Why are you so truthful, Laura?
S3: I was the only one who left the room.
S2: I would deny for the rest of my life.
S3: No, no, no, I literally couldn't, I couldn't, I literally could not. Like, how could you? So if we were sitting in a room, you, me, Dalton, Josh and your two sisters sitting in the lounge room, you were the only one who left the room. Two seconds later, after you've come back to the room, your mum comes in and says, who used the bathroom? We would all, of course, look straight at you because we'd be like, well, we've been here. How are you going to get out of that?
S2: I've got the best, I've got the best thing. That's what I do. And also, guys, I'm not a liar. But I think you might be. I wouldn't want to admit that I pooed on my father in law's head like me.
S3: It was me. I was like, oh, fuck.
S2: What a privilege. No. Okay, so what I would say this is how to get out of this situation. And guys, I just want to say I don't want to again, I'm not a liar, but I just would not want my father in law in this situation. I'm not admitting it was me, okay? That is, I am a liar in this situation. Literally.
S3: No way.
S2: Let me tell you. I realized I had to check my phone. It was in the room or something like that. Make a reason to go to the room? I needed to get something from the room. When I walked in there, I realized that Dalton left a huge pool in the toilet. Oh my God. And I was so disgusted that I flushed it. I'm so sorry, Ken. I forgot that you.
S3: Of course you would blame Dalton. Of course you would blame Dalton.
S2: At least my father in law would not think that my poo nearly hit him. He would think it was his son's, which is much better for everyone. The end. Linz, what do you think of that?
S1: Oh my God, I'm dying. Am I evil?
S2: Am I evil or is that what? Can you guys let me know? Because there is a time where a little white lie to let to just think that. So your father in law thinks that his own, uh, child's poo has been near his face instead of someone he's not related to.
S3: Can I just say any shit near your face is shit, right?
S2: No, but you want. He would have once cleaned Josh's nappies.
S3: That's very different to an adult human. Poo in some ways. Probably would prefer my poo than Josh's, I would say. But it's like it's. It's not that. It's like. Also, I'm pretty close with my father in law, but he also was laughing, like it wasn't like a.
S2: Still, did I? I would still deny it. I can't believe that. What would you do?
S1: I think that I would have to own up to it. I don't think that I could. I'm not a very good liar. I don't think I could get away with it.
S2: Me neither. I'd also be laughing the whole time.
S3: I just can't.
S2: I can't. Guys, we're going to put a poll on the stories. Because this lie is I. Lying is very bad in terms of, like where it harms the relationship, where it's. You don't need to validate that.
S3: Honey, do you.
S2: Know what I mean? Like, this is a white lie that just. I just don't need my father in law.
S3: You would throw Dalton under the bus over so many things, though. That tells me. Yeah, of course, of course.
S2: Thinks he.
S3: Hasn't done.
S2: You guys tell me, what would you do? Am I evil or am I just smart?
S3: Look, I wasn't smart in this situation. I literally did the opposite of what I was told.
S2: That's not the right word. And, you know, all I can think of right now is talking to myself from mean Girls. Say, say it to me. Say it to me. I made you say it yesterday. What? You dirty. Go, go, you.
S8: Dirty little liar!
S3: You didn't say that to me yesterday. What did I say? You said little bitch. And I was like, what the actual.
UU: Fuck? We've had the longest day ever. And you do it to me, you little bitch.
S3: Because you had to get changed.
S2: One more time than I did. Do you know why, guys? I'm dying because it was the end of the photo shoot. We had been. We had been. We had been shooting since. Okay. So we started shooting yesterday at 4:30 a.m. or started hair and makeup at 4:30 a.m.. This is 6 p.m. now I don't modelling for me is I've got I like it's our own collection. It's obviously so exciting. But we had changed 45 times. That's an exaggeration. Probably 15. But I was like and in my head I knew we were on our last change. We just had to put. We were putting the jumper on top for the last shot and our shorts were going to stay, because changing your top, fine. It's changing. You take the shoes off, you put the shoes back on. That's where for me, I was like in my head I was like, Laura, well done. You have changed 15,000 times. You are done. This is the last thing you just put a jumper on. And then the combo, because the jumper is the blue and the cream I don't like black and blue together is not the vibe. So we were like, we need blue and cream.
S3: Yeah, yeah.
S2: But I was putting the cream jumper on and I had cream shorts on. Yeah. And there's only one blue jumper, so Steffi kept her cream shorts on. But it wasn't your choice. Stop it! What?
S3: Stop it! You're still trying to make me look like a little bitch. You were in the shots just before I was in the cream shorts and the blue jumper. And you were in the blue shorts and the cream jumper when I went to change. Maddy said, we need you in the same outfits as the last shot. So you put the jumper on, and I'm going to put Laura back in the blue shorts. So I went into the change rooms.
S2: Got changed.
S3: As soon as Maddy passed you those shorts, you looked at me and you said, you little bitch. Dirty.
S2: I said.
S3: You didn't. You said, you little bitch.
S2: But what I was trying to in my head also for everyone's like, oh my God, Laura, you little savage. She was so savage. But when I was also trying, I was thinking of the mango scene in my head, and I totally jumbled the words to the point that it just sounded like I called you a little bitch. And I really was trying to say you're dirty little because I was going crazy at this point of the day. Anyway, it was all over having to change into a pair of shorts, which I loved. Took me five seconds and it was fine, but it was so funny because I was trying to say that line. Anyway. So anyway.
S3: Anyway, moving back to the short stories, please, please let us know what you would have done. We'll put a poll in the Facebook group and on our stories of what you would have done if you would have lied and said it wasn't your you didn't go to the toilet, or if you would own up to it. And then also please send us in your plumbing disaster stories and we will share them next week.
S9: But is it time for special share?
S3: Share. My special share is actually a go to meditation of of mine on the Kik app, and it's called four Part Breath and it's with Jamie. This is also known as box Breathing. It goes for about five minutes, but you can do the practice for much longer than that. But basically through the meditation he teaches you how to stop and breathe and focus on your breath and get to four part breath, which is when you breathe in for four counts, hold for four counts, out for four counts, hold for four counts. And for me, this breathing meditation and even just this method is the best thing to do when I'm really stressed. Or my heart rate's like through the roof. And the reason why I wanted to bring it up, because it's one of my favorites and my go to, obviously. But the reason why I also wanted to bring it up now, because I've been using it for ages, is last night, as we've kind of touched on, we're away, we're in Sydney, we're in a hotel room. I haven't had the best luck with being interrupted in my sleep while we've been here, and the other night someone tried to accidentally get into my door. I think they were just had a really, really like. It was like the middle of the night, 2 a.m. and I heard the car beep card beep on my door and then the door rattle. And that woke me up. And it kind of rattled me because I was like, is there someone in my room? So that was the other night, last night, what happened? Which literally threw my heart rate through the roof. Do you remember how we were getting our hair and make up done in my room? Yes, at 4:30 a.m.. Yes. And I put the Bluetooth speaker on. Oh my God. And I connected music. Yes, but it was really soft, right? Yeah. I woke up to. I'm talking loud. As loud as a party. Music blasting through my speaker at 2:30 a.m..
S2: Oh my.
S3: God. And I jumped.
S2: Oh. Of course.
S3: Out of bed. Because it startled me so much. Oh my God. Like, threw myself at the wall to the plug because I also couldn't really see much to just turn it off from the power point. And my heart rate, because it was. I can't even explain how loud it was so loud. Like obviously someone was up late listening to music and it had like disconnected from their speaker and had like connected to mine or someone else's music.
S2: I thought your phone had music.
S3: No.
S2: My God, that is.
S3: It was music I'd never heard before. And it was. It was. I honestly was listening for it to two seconds before I turned it off. So like. But I also, I think I was also startled because I was like, if I work in everyone else up around me, like I wanted to ask you because you're in the room next to me if you heard anything? But then I lay back in bed and my heart rate.
S2: Oh.
S3: Because it was just like shock. And so loud was, oh my God, it.
S2: Literally would have jumped out of bed. Like I would.
S3: Have felt like I was running, like I was like. So then I was literally doing four part breath in the bed until I fell asleep. So yeah, bit of a story there for you, but also great meditation.
S2: Love, I love that. Um, and I'm sorry, that is really shocking. Took a while to go back. Very unlucky. That is very unlikely and very unlucky.
S3: Yeah, I feel like Bluetooth speakers in hotels shouldn't be a thing if you can connect to someone else's room. What the heck? Yeah, dumb.
S2: Anyway, very small radius only. What's yours? Okay. Love that for you. No, I love, I love, I love that breath meditation so much. So I don't love that for you. That's really startling and horrible. And I'm really sorry you went through that. Mine's a book. It's called All Fours by Miranda July. I have just absolutely loved reading it. It is gorgeous. It's just such a nice read. Anyone that's read it, a few people have because they people reply to me on my stories when I shared it, I can never feel I don't know how I feel about inserting a tampon anymore. And if you if you know, you know. Okay.
S3: Oh, God.
S2: It's. I just it's that. The only thing is, I don't know how I'm going to feel. Okay.
S3: Interesting. Because your period's coming up, so we'll see how you go.
S2: I know, um, but aside from that, it's a really, really beautiful read about a woman and her journey and kind of rediscovering herself. So I highly recommend reading that. Amazing.
S3: Thanks, laws. Okay, well, that's it from us today, guys. Wednesday's episode is with one of our favorite people, Harry.
S2: Harry Garside, after the Olympics. Yeah.
S3: So look forward to that one. We can't wait to share that one with you guys. And if you want to get involved in our Kick Pod Facebook group, we would absolutely love to have you. And on socials and everything. And as we said at the top of the podcast, please, please give us a good rating. If you've enjoyed today's podcast, we love you guys and we'll chat to you soon.
S2: Love you. Bye!