S1: Listener.
S2: Gaikwad acknowledges that traditional owners and custodians of the land in which we're recording this podcast, the UK woodland clan of the Boomerang, who were a part of the Kulin nation. We pay our respects to our elders, past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
S3: Welcome to the Kick Pod, a.
S2: Dam with your besties on the stuff that matters. Hello. Hi, Lucy. Oh, too much energy. I just had some, uh, I have hydralyte in my drink. Oh. Scare me. Just energy woke you up, did it nice. It did. How are you? What else is in there? Just.
S3: I'm good, I'm good, I'm great. You know what? I'm great because we've had a shocking streak of bad sleeps with Harvey. And last night he slept 12 hours. Amazing. Without any nightmares.
S2: Oh, that's good, because.
S3: Josh put him to bed, I want to say. And I wasn't home, so maybe I just don't go home. Nah, I will figure it out, but I'm happy for now.
S2: I'm sorry. I feel like that's really. There's a lot to unpack in there.
S3: We're just going to move on. Okay?
S2: Okay. I'm sorry. Okay, okay. Now I'm good because we are spilling some tea today. Wow. We've got it now. I don't know, I think we say spilling tea, do we? Well, let's say it today. We're sharing stories, but there's intimate stories. Today's podcast that Sam is going to share. And I am actually dying because I haven't heard it because we've been saving it for the podcast. So I just I'm excited. But before we get into that story, Sophie, you have something else to tell us.
S3: I do, I do. We have a very exciting Kik update. Our mid-year challenge starts today. Today is the day to day that we kick off our mid-year challenge and it's very, very exciting. So the reason why we did this, I mean, we always have a big mid-year challenge or moment because we know it's it's the middle of the year. It's often we like lose our motivation or our routines and that's totally fine. But I actually reached out to my community and 7000 of you came back to me. Turns out 85% of us are feeling pretty meh right now. Um, so you're not alone. And this challenge is here to help you kick that mid-year slump so you can choose from Pilates or strength. And then under both Pilates and strength, we have a beginner or an advanced option. Basically the difference is the level of the classes, but also the cadence in the week of how often you're doing it. It's not about completely overhauling your life. Our challenges are never that way, but it's your reminder that even the smallest movements can have a positive impact on your body and your mind. And of course, that media motivation. So if you aren't already a part of kick, you can also still access the sale so you can save up to 40% off kick right now, which is as little as $1.90 a week for the entire kick subscription.
S2: And we hardly do. We very rarely do sales and kick, so just make sure you take advantage of it if you want to join. I'm so excited because I am in a little bit of a mid. I'm feeling mid. I need some motivation to do. Especially I'm trying to decide which one I'm going to do. I know I need to decide, decide I really well.
S3: It's today.
S2: Or strength, but I think Pilates because of how much it helps running. Yeah, I mean so does strength, but Pilates is like especially that glute activation and I just need something to get me motivated to do it. And this is going to be it because we're all going to do it together. Exactly. And we're all going to not feel mid and feel awesome because we're moving our bodies essentially we love. So I'm excited. Okay, Steffi, I have something I need to talk to you about. So the Kardashian season five, even though it's not really season five because it's season five since they've been producing the show, but I feel like they got up to like season 24. They then started again. So it might be, I don't know, season five of the 25 or 20 whatever. Sorry, 5 or 25 or so. It's pretty boring. There's not a lot I feel like I haven't actually, so far, the most boring season I've watched. And I just want to say as well, the Kardashians are incredibly problematic. There's so much stuff that they have done, especially contribution to toxic diet culture, that we're not alone with. But I have to say, I'm very interested in especially Kim's like business journey. Yeah, but.
S3: It's also just honestly that kind of just trash, trash reality TV.
S2: That.
S3: Like sometimes you need to.
S2: Watch. I put it on in the background, but this one is really on the background because it's like it's really, as I said, it's just, oh, it's just not as they're growing up, there's not as.
S3: Much drama in their life.
S2: There's not a lot of drama.
S3: It's good happy for them. But yeah, it's not not enjoyable.
S2: They found drama for 25 years. I've not I don't know how many years, but they'll find more scandal. Anyway, there was a scene in one of the episodes 1 to 3. I can't tell you. Okay? I don't figure it out anyway. Khloe, I don't know where she. I can't remember where she'd seen it, but she's. I think she went to a gym or she went somewhere and she was talking about pubic hair. Okay. And she said that people didn't shave down there, and she was like disgusted by it. First of all, it's 2024. It is a absolute choice to remove or not remove body hair if you keep it. There's nothing wrong with it. And I was like, is this from like 2000, Khloe, that you're saying it's personal? Yeah. But second of all, I was like, what the fuck? Like, I feel like so many people don't shave anymore. But I think.
S3: All that tells me is that she's been surrounded by people and dated people who have been like, it has to be bad down there. Yeah. Do you know what I mean? Like, if you're surrounded by if every one of your friends does it, your whole family does it, every partner you've had prefers it. And you're just like, obviously in your own little bubble and don't often get out in public places like public swimming pool changes rooms or gym rooms. Obviously, I can see how you would be taken back by that because it's not like you see. I mean, other than there is a few accounts online that do show pubic hair, but like, it's not like you see it outwardly in the media or anything because it's. So she's in a bubble. She's a freaking Kardashian. I'm not surprised by that. Like, how often would they be in a public changeroom very rare, so they don't actually get to see what real people look like.
S2: Well, yeah. Well, there you go. Yeah, exactly. I was just like, this is anyway, seems like a bit of a a bit off tune. Yes. But then also I wanted to ask you, do you shave? No. You I get laser. Oh you get laser. So you have no hair. No. No hair. Oh my God, I can't be bothered anymore. Yeah. No, I.
S3: Get laser, but I see the reason I do it is I mean, obviously it started because I was in the modeling industry a lot of the time I was in lingerie or bikinis, so I just could not be left shaving all the time. And I also get bad, like no matter what the freak products I use or what razor I use, major ingrowns like, it just makes it worse. Like I'd honestly rather have pubes than red ingrown hairs, dots, whatever they're called. Um, when I started getting laser, the hairs were a lot finer. So even if there is hairs there, they're like barely that noticeable. So laser has been great for me and I still get it done to obviously keep it going when I got pregnant. The hormones change in your body kind of goes backwards and reverses a bit. So I have had to like go back and not start again, but like get back into it. But I prefer it personally for like Ingrown Nation because if I didn't, if I didn't I would have to just go like full bush. And whilst I absolutely power to you, if that's you, I live in bikinis and stuff. Too much to embrace that. For me personally, I don't.
S2: Fair enough. It's your body, your choice.
S3: And so I'd be shaving and I'd be having ingrown so I that's me get laser.
S2: That's me. I got tried to get laser on my vagina and it literally was the most vagina.
S3: Honey, let's get the education soaked.
S2: On your on my fault. On my fault? No, on your vulva. Is it just on the skin? Is it your.
S3: Vulva? Is the the. I'm going to call it a hamburger like the buns it is.
S2: But do we need to.
S3: Have a lesson on your body parts? That is not your vagina.
S2: Not my vulva? Yes. So anyway, your vulva in your.
S3: Inner thighs, basically that is where your pubic hair.
S2: Grows anyway. There.
S3: And your butt. If you me.
S2: If you had laser in your butt, I.
S3: Well, they go to my butt crack.
S2: Yeah, but have you had laser there?
S3: Yeah, absolutely. Oh my God. Absolutely.
S2: How do you get laser on your butt?
S3: They just get you to roll over and like, there's a couple of different ways you either roll on your side and lift one leg up or some, some people flip over. I don't do that. I just roll on my side. And it depends on where you go.
S2: I was in so much pain. Yeah, from getting laser on my vulva that I was like, I couldn't even think of getting it on my butt. Oh, because the pain was just like, oh my God, we.
S3: Have totally different pain thresholds.
S2: No, I have a very good pain threshold. You don't know? What do you mean?
S3: Laser? Where I know.
S2: You go the only where I know you.
S3: Go. It does not hurt. That is the weakest laser I've ever experiencing.
S2: Dang. Look at Steffi. She's got no strong. And she's. And she's so strong. And she loves. She can do the the pain of the laser. I actually would like to say and I would like to put it out to the listeners. Yeah. No, not about, you know, not about our bums. Okay. Um, do I think laser is a different pain threshold to other type of pain?
S3: Well, probably it's like a, like a Coors Light elastic band.
S2: Hold hot plates, like, give me a burning plate. I have very good pain threshold generally. Yeah, but with laser I, I agree. Shocking I can't a sensitive area. Honestly I think I got it twice and I was like I can't go through that. Why?
S3: If you if you don't mind it, why don't you just do the inner thigh bit then it's not actually getting you, you know, flaps. No.
S2: But you get laser on your flaps. Well not your inner flaps.
S3: The outer.
S2: Fucking hurt. Jesus. Who?
S3: I mean, sorry if you do, but I don't know anyone who has hair on like me.
S2: That would hurt her. Yes, it would fucking hurt talking about my inner thigh. That sensitive? That hurts. I got that too. I just. Oh, okay. So I shaved my bikini line, but honestly. And then I find that with my like more middle bit, I don't really shave it anymore. But until it gets like really long and then it's uncomfortable. Yeah. So then I do. Yeah. But I was just like, Chloe, I don't shave everything and I'm cool. Yeah, of course you are.
S3: Have you waxed ever?
S4: No.
S3: Okay. I have a story to tell you.
S2: I reckon I'd rip off my my vulva.
S3: I have a story to tell you. And it came into my mind when you asked me about my butthole, so I already flagged this. I hope he's okay with me talking about this, I can't remember. I remember flagging it with him, and I can't remember if he said it was okay or not.
S2: So no, let's.
S3: Hope it's okay.
S2: I was I was there and you were like, you. He was there. We were at your house, in your bedroom all together. Yeah. And, uh, you were talking to Josh and you were like, can you can I tell the story? And then I was like, I don't want to know. Tell me in the podcast. Yeah, yeah. Okay. So if you haven't already put two and two together.
S3: Josh has like a very hairy butt crack. Like it's not a hairy, but it's just like his crack is really hairy. Like really thick hair. Anyway, his brother, I think he has been waxed before and he said like at a clinic. Yeah. He went and got properly waxed and he said that like going to the toilet, things like, like wiping or just like comfortably going to the toilet has been life changing since having his butt waxed. Right. So Josh was like, well, maybe that's a thing, you know, like maybe I want to try that anyway. And he was talking about it one day and I was like, well, I've got wax strips. And he's like, no, you're not fucking doing it. And I was like, I've been waxing my whole life. Like I waxed my legs. I have waxed my bikini area before, like, I know what I'm doing. And as if you're going to frickin spread your ass cheeks for anyone else. And he was kind of like, yeah, because he's really he's also really sensitive, like, don't go near that area kind of vibes. Right. And so he was like really full nervous. And then I talked him into it to the point that he was like on the floor in our dressing room. And I had the wax strips ready.
S2: No. What's the position of all fours? Is that the position? No.
S3: He went on the back and and was holding his knees at his chest. And he honestly was like, there was so many times I know I you know what? In hindsight, I would have recorded it just for the vocals because not only did it take like honestly 15 minutes to talk him into letting me, but then when I put the first one on, I just like slapped it on. So there was like, no going back. Like I was like, it's on there now. I can't. The only way I can get it off is by ripping it off. So like, you'd just better be ready anyway. So I got going and then after I did the first one, which he was like, what the f? I was like, well, I can't not keep going. Like I've got to keep going. Anyway. I kept going and then I was going like all around it, right. But the like the really sensitive part that I knew was the part that he was like most concerned about, which is like literally right on near his butthole. I was like, I've still got to get that done. He was like, what the fuck? You haven't done that? Like, this is like six wax strips later. And I was like, nah, I got to do it. And then he almost didn't let me do it. But again, I just slapped it on.
S2: It was savage.
S3: You poor thing was so vulnerable. Anyway, we got through it and the next couple of days he was like, wow. Like my butt feels so weird. And it was like even like the water running down his crack.
S2: And I was like.
S3: This is so odd, but I think he'll let me do it again. Maybe. Anyway, it was.
S2: But he.
S3: Hated it. He was like, why the f would anyone do this? Like, what the hell is it like? It was so painful. And I was like, welcome to what we have been pressured to do our entire lives as women. Like, I deal with my butt though, like, it's not that, honestly, it lasts two seconds.
S2: The waxing or the pain.
S3: The pain.
S2: Anyway. Sorry. Steph's got a heart. I really hope.
S3: It's okay that I shared that. Sorry, Josh. If it's not. It was great day. It was a really great day for me.
S5: 133.
S2: Okay. Steffi. Mhm. This time of year is where I feel the most disconnected from my goals. Okay. Yeah. And I just feel like. So for all of our European, American anywhere on the other side of the world, we're going into the.
S3: Summer, summer.
S2: Months. You might be feeling a little more motivated because I just feel like that's what the weather does. Yeah. In Australia we are going I mean, unless you live in Queensland, I follow all these people in Queensland and they're like, oh my God, it's 20. It's freezing. I'm like, shut up. Yeah I know, no not shut up. It's not nice but be quiet. Yes. It's not that cold if it's 20 but it's all relative. So Queensland listeners love you. And yes your feelings about the weather are valid but in Melbourne it's like ten.
S3: Yes, it's on top of 12 today.
S2: Top of that is cold, cold cold cold. So feeling a little bit mid and demotivated and disconnected from our goals. And I just thought let's check. You know I just thought what I know.
S3: We have listeners in like New Zealand and they're probably thinking the exact same.
S2: Thing.
S3: About us as what we think about.
S2: Queensland listeners in Iceland.
S3: And yeah, Greenland. But like Tasmania, they're all like, mate, top of 12. That's like spring.
S2: That's exactly. Sorry. Here we are saying Queensland shush we shush okay. Yeah. It's all relative. Whatever's cold for you, it's cold for you. Yes okay. That's very true though. So sorry. To our Greenland listeners in particular, I wonder if we have anyone in Antarctica. So no small population. So unlikely, but possible anyway. Anyway, so basically I want to go back. Yes. Well, I don't know if I'm. I want to go back.
S3: Do you remember what yours were?
S2: Uh, well, I think I have some.
S3: Yeah, I have a vague memory, but I actually don't remember what I set myself. I actually can't even remember where I wrote. I think it might be in my journal. I don't know, that's really bad. Usually set goals and you're, like, pretty clear on thing, but yeah.
S6: Um, well, luckily.
S2: I wrote entirely in.
S6: Luckily I do remember and I went back into the archives, back to January to see what you guys proposed for yourselves. Um, so, Laura, we'll start with you first.
S2: I want to do three runs each week. That hasn't changed. Well, this has changed. I had two strength or Pilates classes a week. I changed it to one because that's going to be more achievable for me. So now I have four week workouts each week. That's achievable. Five meditations that used to be seven. That's five minutes in the morning. And that is especially the days that I'm not exercising. Yep. That's like my five minutes in the morning. And then ten. I had every day read ten pages, but I changed it to ten pages five days a week.
S3: So what if you read 50 pages in one day?
S2: No, because it's more it's more exactly what you were talking about, of winding down before bed. And it's ten pages before. Well, where I'm doing it now is before bed, I would hope. Like hopefully I'll read outside of that, like on the weekend or whatever, but ten pages before bed is like exactly what you said. It's like it takes you out of that, like better, whatever that your brain and you just go into some nice story. Yeah. And then you then I find it so much easier to go to sleep. Yeah. So that's my things and what they're my goals. And then the way I'm going to be able to achieve that is with I've got a new schedule or way my week is structured that has that built into it.
S3: Yeah. It has room for it.
S2: Has room for it. Exactly. Like mainly just in the mornings, but then also has the kind of a little bit better. It's still like it's still a lot of hours of work, but it's just a little bit more structured than it was last year. And it's not like 12 to 14 hours every day. It's more like ten. But then there's some nights too, where I've got late night work schedule, but it's in the thing and it's not five nights a week. So it's I've got some work block time in and then that's flexible if things are urgent, but if they're not then it's like, okay, move them to when there's meeting space. Exactly. So I'm really excited. So I've got that and that's how I'm going to achieve it. And I just I just know how shit I felt last year and I don't want to feel like that and that's my motivation.
S3: I'm sorry I'm laughing so much through that.
S2: Just cried laughter. Can I just say I'm so fucking uptight like.
S7: I.
S2: I'm just. That was intense. Yeah. Mhm.
S3: Okay. So how are you going.
S2: Oh I really measure everything.
S3: Yeah. How are you going on it.
S2: Okay. Movement wise I'm really good. Yeah I'm good. I've got a little bit of an injury in my back right now, but I'm managing it. I'm just decreasing my load. I have been doing one gym session a week for so strength, but I as we spoke about today, I've dropped off my. I really want to do one Pilates session a week. Two. And I'm going to use the mid-year challenge to get my mojo back with routine. Yeah. Which I'm excited about. What has dropped off is my mindfulness. Okay, so I need to do well. I would like to do better at that. Yeah, it makes such a difference because I mean obviously I'm so I'm so I know goals have to be specific. Yeah. So that sounds like five. Yeah. But we went to a leadership conference about a month ago. And what was super I don't think we shared this. I really wanted to share this with everyone. What was super interesting, we were there with all the businesses and the founders. A lot of their businesses were huge, like 400 people. You know what? Like some of them, their valuations were like, yeah, 400 people in their team. Their valuations are like $250 million like big, big dogs. You know, at this thing, very big business people. And what was I found very interesting is one theme across most of them. In a lot of them, some did keynotes. But then also in speaking to them was meditation.
S3: Yeah. Or just a morning routine in general, like a, like a strict morning routine.
S2: And how powerful and important that is. I thought it was really interesting and especially with meditation because we are so yeah, on our phones all the time. We always talk about that, but it's like go, go, go, go go go go. Being still is so important and for managing stress etc. and so I have been when I have been meditating like before, we have a talk or something I'm really nervous about, it's making the biggest difference. Yeah there's one on kick. I'm, I'm going to share it because it's my favorite. And it's really for people that are just starting their meditation journey. It's a really good one because it is breathing. So you are focusing on your breathing the whole time. So you're kind of doing something and it is called I can never say this word diaphragm. Diaphragmatic.
S3: Diaphragmatic, diaphragmatic.
S2: It's like diagram. Diagram. But but it's not grammar.
S3: Anyway.
S2: Why can't I say this? Is that Jamie? Can you say this word with Meg?
S6: Meg, I think it's diaphragmatic.
S3: Diaphragmatic, diaphragmatic, diaphragmatic breathing.
S2: It's five minutes, and it is basically, it's breathing exercises the whole time. It is fantastic. I cannot recommend it any more. So anyway, I'm going to try and do that. I would like to do that a little bit more and then I don't. The reading that was so specific.
S3: Ten pages.
S2: Tonight. I haven't been doing that because I've been out of my when you don't have a good book. Yeah, very difficult to do it, but I would like to bring that back in a little bit. It helps. It helps a bit at night time. Yeah. Yeah. Exactly. With my, my night time routine, because my current routine is scrolling on the internet before bed.
S3: Yeah, yeah, I've done that a few nights this week anyway.
S2: Not good. Shall we now go back into the oh, God.
S3: What's mine going to be?
S6: All right. Here's yours Steph.
S3: My fitness goal this year is ten unassisted.
S2: Oh my goodness.
S3: And I know to get to that goal I'm going to need to visit the gym regularly. And so I'm setting that. That's my fitness goal because I then think it'll also motivate me to to be more regular with my training, which I know makes me feel amazing. Um, so I intend to go to the gym and or if I can't get to the gym, do strength training two times a week, and then partner that with two Pilates workouts from home per week. And I know, as I said, I know that some weeks it might not be perfect, but I think having the goal of having ten unassisted chin ups, I'm not going to be able to get there if I'm only training once a week. Like it's just not going to happen. But I, I can't even explain to you how empowering it did feel when I did that first unassisted chin ups, that I can only imagine how ten is going to feel for me. So I'm really excited about it. But to be able to do those workouts, the ones from home and to the gym, I also need to prioritize movement in the morning and at the moment, and who knows how long it's going to be for Harvey is early rising, so I did actually the other morning. I just accepted the fact that he was awake, and I got up anyway, and I asked him to go and do some independent play in his playroom. And he did, and he was fine. And I got through a 15 minute Pilates workout. And honestly, I reckon I could have done longer. It was only really because I started talking to my stories on my phone that he kind of remembered, heard my voice and was like, oh, mum's downstairs. Um, and so that made me feel really good because it was like, I've still had my morning. I haven't, like, interrupted his morning or made his morning any worse by missing me for 15 minutes like he was having a lot of fun. Um, and I still got it done, so I'm not going to use the excuse of him being an early riser anymore to, like, not have that time for myself in the morning. So that's what I need to do, but also to have the motivation to have that time in the morning. I need to get an earlier night's rest. Um, and so I'm really focusing on my wine down now, um, at night. And the other goal that I was talking about that's going to help me, this is how it's like working as a funnel, um, is to read more. So last year I read 17 books. I want to beat that this year. And the reason why it's important to me is because last year when I was reading at night, it made me fall asleep so much faster because I felt like I kind of got to escape whatever was going on in my mind or whatever was happening around me. I just felt immersed in these stories, and that way I could just kind of go to sleep once I put the book down. Um, so yeah, two goals is ten unassisted chin ups and more than 17 books, and they're going to help each other. Okay. So let me start with.
S2: You feel, I.
S3: Mean, like, it's just I think as I was thinking about it, first of all, I'm further from doing the ten chin ups than I was when I made that goal. Like, at that point, I was still going to the gym twice a week and I have been so out of routine. It is not funny, Jim particularly. I think I've gone to the gym twice in like six weeks. There's been a few different things, like I hate to make up excuses, but we have had a few interstate trips like there's been like long weekends. There's been different things that have made our weeks more packed than usual, which has meant that some of the days that I usually carve out some time to go to the gym, I haven't been able to also, like nights at the moment, have been absolutely consumed by Harvey and trying to get him to sleep to the point that I'm just getting to sleep whenever I can. And then that's also meant that some of those nights I have not read to sleep because I have to go to sleep with him at 8:00. And it's also meant that some mornings, especially if it's been a broken sleep, I'm just getting as much sleep as I can and then waking up and slowly doing my day. I have still tried to do like the other morning I did Pilates when he was awake and playing, and I was still try and do things like that, but even that has been really minimal just because, again, I've been prioritizing sleep over anything. However, the book thing, other than the nights that I've gone to sleep with Harvey, I've really stuck to that. Like even on the nights where I have stayed up and absolutely doom scrolled and I'm like, shit, it's 10:00. I will still pick up my book and read. For 15 minutes because I know even if it's a short amount of time, it's better than just putting my phone down and rolling over like I actually do switch off better. So I've and I think I'm over ten books now, so I'll definitely get I reckon I'll 100% get to 17 by the end of the year. So yeah, with the gym one, I still definitely it's something that I would love to achieve. I don't know, depends on how the rest of the year goes and if I can schedule in more gym time, which I am going to try and do. And I also want to change up my setup at home as well, so that like when I'm on the weekend and whatever, I can do some more gym based stuff at home. Like even if it's honestly just getting a chin up bar, like, those are the things that I want to improve on, so I just need to somehow make them easier for myself. Um, so I still want to stick to that, but I just wanted to say, if you set a fitness goal at the start of the year like that, and you are further away from it now than you were at the start, it doesn't mean that it's all over. Like we can still make up for it. I'm at least I set myself the entire year to get there.
S2: Exactly. I think you can do it. I think you can do it for sure. Um. We'll see. I think you can do it for sure.
S3: But anyway. So I'm okay. I'm okay with hearing that. I think, um, as I knew when I set them, like, parenting's unpredictable and like.
S2: Yeah, it's so true.
S3: Just gotta. That's why I always wanted to make it quite flexible, because I just know that it's totally unpredictable. So we'll see. But I hope that by the end of the year I can get there just because I know that'll feel awesome, but we'll see.
S2: We'll have to check back in there.
S8: What is it? Time for a special share.
S3: Share? What have you got for me?
S2: Oh, you got in first. You got in first. Okay, so mine is pretty random. And when I say random, it's a great podcast. So have you ever listened to an episode of Dylan Friends?
S3: Oh, a while ago. It's been a while. Yeah, great.
S2: I really love those interview style because it just sounds like you're listening to a chat. Yeah, well.
S3: That's that's and friends.
S2: And exactly. Anyway, now the reason I say it's random for me because I am not really into the AFL. Yeah, I really want to get more back into football because I just, I watch people love their teams and I just want that. Yeah. You have seen like I want to have that passion. Like the last time I felt that was when I watched the Matildas and I literally started crying when they won.
S3: Yeah, it's wild to me because you also grew up loving sport. You also grew up with a dad in the sport. And you, you're very like team orientated. So it is surprising to me that you don't attach yourself to a team. Do you know.
S2: What I well, I do, I'm attached to North Melbourne right now, but you don't.
S3: As in like you don't. As you said, you're not.
S2: Like I would not know one of the players. Yeah, yeah but I so I growing up my dad my dad played for North Melbourne. So that's why I have that. That's why I go for them. Yeah. Anyway, still had Brody Grundy on the podcast. I am such a big fan of Brody Grundy ever since we went on the show. Um, the Collingwood show, the Collingwood show in Covid, they did a show with football players and I really loved him because he was studying on the plane and I just thought it was. So I remember you saying.
S3: That to me.
S2: I thought it was so cool. Anyway, so ever since then I've followed his journey, but I haven't really heard him speak for a long period of time before. As in like.
S3: On a podcast or an interview. Yeah, yeah.
S2: It was really interesting. And I think especially around what I find very interesting and listening to athletes speak is just around the the high performance pressure and especially within AFL like it's I mean all, all high performance sports you have to perform and and it's such a mental thing. Um, he was at Collingwood then he went to Melbourne for one year. I think he was injured there, but he didn't have a great year and he wasn't playing in his position where he has his strengths and he's now at Sydney and he's playing really well and he's in the position that is his strength. And hearing him, he spoke about this inverted U curve thing, and it's basically how to get the most enjoyment out of your work and do your best work. It gets to a point where you need to be challenged, but there's a point where you're so challenged that then the motivation goes completely down because it's out of your. It's not your your strength. You're not mastering it because it's not your strength. It's really difficult. And then it just becomes and I'm really butchering this, just look it up or listen to the podcast. It's much better explanation of it. But it was really interesting because it's so I was like, that's so true because I loved being challenged. When I'm not challenged, I get really bored and I feel unfulfilled. But there is a point where you are so far out of your comfort zone in something that you don't enjoy. It's not a skill that you actually want to build. It's not something that comes natural to you, and it's really unmotivating. And it was really interesting listening to him talk about that, and also around how it's so important for football not to be 100% of everything because then you actually can't perform. And so I thought it was really there was a lot that I applied to my life in the episode. Yeah. And I really enjoyed it. Well that's great. So this is the start of my journey of like getting back into watching the AFL. And have you told Donald he doesn't really interesting with Joel because because of he's a funny relationship with football as well. I think because it was such a big part. So for anyone listening, he that I mean, I don't know why you'd know this don't played a lot of his best mates or literally all of them made it into the AFL and he did not. He played at Hawthorn in the reserves, but not in like the VFL, not the AFL. Yeah. And he never made it into the AFL. And so and then he loved it and then he injured himself and then I think also because and then he never went back after he got injured, which was right. Like literally when I didn't even know him playing football. And so he I think because he got it not taken away from him, but because he had he did his knee and then she came back and then work got really busy. And so he couldn't risk getting injured again. And I think he's got yeah he's got an interesting relationship with football now. So he doesn't watch a lot of it either. So I think that's also yeah. Why. Yeah.
S3: Does he not watch it though. Because you have no interest.
S2: But maybe if I did have more interest he does watch it like he probably watches like half a game a weekend or something. So it's not nothing. But it's not with not with passion. Yeah. Yeah. So we need I want to reignite the love in the home about football. Yeah.
S3: Because he doesn't go for North Melbourne. No.
S2: He goes so that's where it can.
S3: Be really fun is anytime Hawthorn and North Melbourne are up against each other if you both.
S2: But we don't care enough. Yeah. But like I don't care if you do. Yeah, yeah but.
S3: It's not like like I care. But if Richmond beat Essendon I'm not like pissed off at Josh.
S2: No but I can't watch. No but I can't. If we watch Hawthorn and North Melbourne play, both of us don't care. No. But you're saying you.
S3: Want to build that. I'm saying that's when it's fun. That's if you've got a little bit.
S2: Yeah I don't know of course like yeah I'm not going to be like oh your whole team beat mine. I'm not going to sleep in the same bed with you tonight. Not like that. No, that isn't like I just want to have that care and passion. Yeah. So guys any if you have anything, if you're listening right now and you're like, what the heck is Laura talking about. No prob totally understand. But if you're like, this piece of content got me into football again or got me into it for the in the first place, send it to me please. Great. Send in the Facebook community which is Kick Pod if you want to join, come and join us. I love it and what is yours? Sorry mine was so long.
S3: Um, mine is also a podcast.
S2: Okay.
S3: Sydney Cassidy, who we have had on the podcast, has since launched her own under Gym Girls locker room, which is her, um, business and her community. And if you don't know who Sydney is, highly recommend going and listening to that episode. We'll pop a link in the show notes so that you can easily access it. Um, because it was just awesome getting to know her, but I was following her for a little bit before we had her on. And then since having her on, as we say a lot, when we have people on, you get to know them and you just kind of like fall in love, especially when they're vulnerable. And I've been following her ever since, and it's just amazing to see her go from strength to strength. And she had Lucy Reeves on, and I think it's her most recent episode or one of her most recent episodes. And Lucy Reeves is also someone who I have since followed since being to the UK and hearing about her and love like Adore her content. So both Sydney and Lucy are both gym girls. Love going to the gym. I think they both work with like Gym Shark and they're very. But what I love about them is they're both strong and empowering in their content, but they're also very real. So Lucy's really well known for, you know, not trying to get the right angle or the right lighting and just showing what you actually look like in the gym and showing different bodies in the gym. Because she's gone through her own struggles of comparing her body to others, of what she sees online. And it's just it's truly inspiring. Lucy's 24 but already at 24, has experienced so much. It has so much wisdom.
S2: Yeah, yeah. She's wow.
S3: So the conversation between them both on the podcast, they're very open about like what they went through in school and how their relationship was with their body then, how it is now. And I just I really loved listening to it. Not it's like obviously sad. Anytime you hear someone that's gone through that stuff and obviously even if they still struggle with it, but it's just once again, like both of these women have been through some shit and now. They are making it their like full purpose to try and ensure that other women don't go through the same thing, or don't feel the same way about their body and feel seen through their content. So highly recommend the podcast, but highly recommend following them both on social media as well. I'm going.
S2: To listen. I love them both. What a beautiful collaboration. Yeah, it was really.
S3: Funny. You're welcome. Um, anyway, that's it from us today, guys. As laws said, we would love you guys to get involved with the Kick Pod Facebook group. That's where you can suggest some guests or topics you want us to cover, or even ask the community or the cloud links, um, for any recommendations on episodes they've loved. Also, what you think about each episode that we release, we'd love to hear. And also if you have any DMs or tell us.
S2: Tell us, tell us, tell us what's.
S3: Your situation.
S2: Down there? No, dad, I mean, no, you don't have to do that. What is laser? The pain threshold is laser different to all other pain thresholds? Like its own, its own, its own category. I need to know. I need to know. And what was the other thing I need to know? Podcasts or things. Get me into the AFL plays in the AFL women's. Yes they come and help laws out.
S3: Um, and then also coming up this Wednesday, we have one of my favorite chats yet, and it is with Sal and L from Two Broke Chicks, which is a podcast if you haven't heard of them. They are an absolute delight and I had so much fun in this conversation, so keep an eye out for that.
S2: It's all about friendship, all about I, let me tell you. You think you know everything about friendship? Listen, that was me. And I was like, oh, you know, I'll learn stuff. But so much it was. I learned so much. It was such a good. It was such a good. I don't know if I want to say eye opening for me. Maybe that is. It was eye opening. Yeah, it was very good.
S3: Anyway. Enjoy that.
S2: Bye. Where are you going? To say bye bye. Well, enjoy that. Drinking a drink while saying bye to the cloud.
S3: Usually I say that line and then you say bye.
S2: But aren't you going to say bye too? Well, that's what I enjoy. Say, it's like off to the side, like she's done now. Okay, bye. We love you guys so much.
S3: Love you guys so much. Please know that I love you and I hope you have a lovely night or evening or day, wherever you are. And this is going to be my longest goodbye ever. That didn't sound.
S2: Genuine. That sounded fake. Do it again, do it again. Do it again. Genuine. Do it genuine. No.
S3: Bye, guys. Really appreciate you listening in. And we'll chat to you on Wednesday.
S2: Okay. Bye.