Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to the Frames per Second Podcast. Kenthy in here. Glad to have everybody on poor as we are about to discuss this movie, The Furious that has been a part of the discussion of recent movies that have dropped, just not in the same sort of virality as Obsession back Rooms, maybe even levit because I think it's gaining I don't know, don't quote me on that, but we know backrooms of the session is the talk of the town.
Speaker 2: This has been another one that's kind of been.
Speaker 1: Word of the mouth in terms of people hyping it up or really enjoying it and saying it's good. But it also had very limited showings and I think as of July fourteen, it's supposed to hit streaming services.
Speaker 2: Patreon, dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash fbs podcast become a Patreon member because we actually reacted to this trailer on Patreon, and our trailer reactions right now, just exclusively on Patreon was that there.
Speaker 3: I wasn't that that one.
Speaker 4: Was he here when we did that, I don't think so, Yeah, we we actually uh yeah, I did a reaction to this and all of us were was actually in on it. Spike doesn't really like action movies, so I don't think he was gonna go see it anyway.
Speaker 1: I do find it somewhat surprising as well. So it has been kind of compared to The Raid, which is another kind of classic, you know, in this sort of space. But yeah, so some of the movies that we actually cover, we actually do trailer reactions. In addition to that, we have solo reviews, My Stalker reviews. Up is finally up. Uh, there was an audio issue, but it was a process the issue Patreon had. Yeah, the YouTube had it and it was fine, but uh, but I fits to re upload it, so it should be up now. Y'all need to watch that because that's a forty five minute review. And Mike, the movie they picked for me was two hours and forty something minutes long, and I had to watch it twice just so I can get everything in it. And because it's is subtitles, it's a subtitles but it was it was a good movie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so go watch that and watch my thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: In addition, everybody else has something I think I got this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you doing? The favorite?
Speaker 1: The favorite? I see your face? Okay, yeah, uh you know what yours is? I have his own interest this month. You know what else I did say?
Speaker 3: I did see that you had his own interest mine. My next one is.
Speaker 2: Oh damn it? Which one was?
Speaker 3: I just I feel like I just put one out. I have one out right now?
Speaker 2: What was that? Shoot? Oh my god, let's get into this.
Speaker 4: The Prince of Something. No, that's that's that's old one. Yes, the old one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just did.
Speaker 3: I can't think.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, an obsession is on there for those that want to watch it. Anyway, let's get into it. Man, the Furious Rod.
Speaker 2: What did you think about this movie? So?
Speaker 4: I didn't know anything about it. If I was on the reaction, I did not remember at all. And I think y'all were talking about doing it, and I was just like okay, and then Nick had hit me like no, Roger got to watch it.
Speaker 3: I was like okay.
Speaker 2: So I had no clue what this one.
Speaker 3: So I went into it blindly, didn't know, and it was entertaining. You know, it was entertaining.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to describe it to people, because when you said the raid or something like that, I don't I don't even remember last time I watched something like this. You haven't seen it, right, it's a blast, Yeah, and I haven't seen it. That's the one where they go into the apartment building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're going up.
Speaker 5: I think it's like they're going up either they're going up four by four coming down for four.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, but it's it's pretty crazy jumping through like, yeah, it's the same, bro, you gotta watch it.
Speaker 4: But but nah, yeah, so I haven't watched anything like this, but but yeah reminded me of like, is this like a new age Kong fu flick? Like is this a new age like you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's what it felt like, because it's just a bunch of fighting.
Speaker 1: It is a bunch of fighter. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know new age Kong fu flick. I don't know that, but yeah, saying like I see where you're going.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it felt like. I'm thinking. I thought I was watching like the old Bruce Lee films or something.
Speaker 2: It's my fuck beat Bruce Lee.
Speaker 3: Ass. I was thinking, like it's Bruce Lee.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know, I don't know. I thought Bruce Lee was a ship.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I don't know, and not make it sound too right. Yeah, man, I was, I was, I was really, I was really u really surprised. Yeah yeah, yeah, but no, it was fine. It was I didn't fall asleep at one point, but swell, it was really quick. It was just a bunch of fighting, man, a bunch of fils. I think the fighting just this just got too much for me at one.
Speaker 2: Page, worn out like he was doing it.
Speaker 3: Man, I was.
Speaker 4: But no, it was good, like the the the I'm sorry, I know this is right longer, but yeah, the what do you call it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Not the choreography. Yeah, the choreography of it was amazing. Yeah, what about you, Matt Rod is tripping, bro. This is This is easily one of the best action films I've seen in decades.
Speaker 3: So you called it an action film.
Speaker 4: I see your point about the film, though, I would just action just to be a nice blanket.
Speaker 5: I was thoroughly entertained for the entire run time of this movie.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: The fucking choreography is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Keep looking at me, Dang, I'm gonna learn when I'm gonna learn When He's like, I don't like he don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I was in my chair tickled for two hours. I was like, this is ridiculous, but it's too good and the whole time, and the thing about it is I'm not gonna front the story is good. And that's my issue with a lot of these kind of movies and stories are so simple or they're very you know, empty. I liked this story like this took the subject matter and it actually treated it seriously. A child trafficker is it has snatched this dude's daughter, and it takes the subject seriously.
Speaker 2: It's not jokes.
Speaker 3: It's man.
Speaker 2: No, this was good, man, this was good. This was so good.
Speaker 3: This was good. Yeah. I yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was sitting there watching it, because I know you have an appreciation for this stuff, and I was I was like, there's no way Mike and dislike this, nah, because it was just everything was just so great. And I'm like that's why I kept I rarely like, yeah, be like, yo, you gotta watch this. This was one of the ones that I was like, Nah, I'm like, you gotta see this shit.
Speaker 5: And this is a movie theater movie. This is not a watch at home movie. And I hate that it was such a limited showing this is a movie. I had to leave work an hour early and drive forty minutes to go see this film for y'all. Yes, this was And I got there and I was like, man, this shit better not suck. When it was over, I was like, Oh, that forty minutes was worth it easily in traffic worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, Yeah, it's pretty straightforward. But you're right about the story, Like it's a lot really sitting around the action. But the story is that I think we were watching the trailer was like we referred. I think somebody compared it to taking and that's kind of what it is. But yeah, in terms of like the story, basically daughter got taken, he had to go get her, you know. But you know, it opened with like the setup was Mattia was investigating it, her and her fiance, her husband had this argument. The kid that was there that witnessed it was no longer there, got snatched up and she went to go find him as a journalist, and she did and she ended up in.
Speaker 2: A fight for her life, but she was kicking ass. She was.
Speaker 5: I was I thought this was going to be the main person because I was like, but then when she got killed, I was like, wait, why does everybody know how to fight like this?
Speaker 2: Everybody in this movement? But it was fine.
Speaker 5: It was fine because she was jumping off a walls, she was climbing over.
Speaker 2: Big miles of people. Was crazy. Yeah did you Jordan open this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm with Mike.
Speaker 4: I thought she was going because I said, I went into it blindly, so I thought she was going to be the main person because the way she knew how to fight.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, okay, well this is the person then. But nah, yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think, and I do agree with how they took the subject matter seriously or whatnot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, I like to open the sequences.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was I think they you know, look, this is the actual Moen. We're gonna start a with action, you know, and I think they they kind of you know, to the seriousness point of it.
Speaker 2: I think they set the tone of the stakes, like.
Speaker 1: They killed this kid, you know, and they let it, you know, like we're not here to play games. And then of course they killed her too. We didn't see it, but we knew she was gone. That's when we meet the archer and the main villain, and then uh and then you know, from there we meet you know, our main protagonists and his daughter, and we spent a couple of minutes you know, with them. You know, they get into this fight and the daughter storms off, but she's there visiting him for the weekend. She storms off, and she's mad at the dad because I think she wants to stay there with them permanently and he wasn't really down for that. And she gets kidnapped. And then with this where we get the second scene. But in the midst of all that, I believe we're also introduced to the other cope protecting us as well, which was uh uh Novin I think Navin, Yeah yeah, Navin and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So he was, you know, of course, trying to find out what happened to his fiance and and that's kind of what kicked things off. And he's basically underground because we meet the guy that had the afrot the African, the Asian with the afrof It threw me off to Mike, but you know, I know, we were over there, so Asian, you know.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, you know, and they say, you know, anyway, and they described.
Speaker 1: Him as that too. He said that was the guy with the afro, yeah, which I thought was funny. I was like, okay, you acknowledge it, because I'm like, what the hell is this? He stands out yeah, but uh but yeah, So they captured his daughter. He's racing because you know she started off. She came to like, yeah, I don't see her. I can't find her. And then we got these big fights. So we meet the gorilla man and then the other affrication man.
Speaker 3: The gorilla many he was something else.
Speaker 2: Because that's what he was doing.
Speaker 4: First, I didn't know. I didn't think he was doing that on purpose. I was like, oh, he's doing that on purpose, Like he's like falling and popping up and doing that stuff on purpose.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: I've never seen the style of fighting him something what's name baraka, what's not Baracca but blanca? Yeah, street fighter like like I was like, man, this dude is It's crazy, Like to see the actual human doing it, like so, yeah, I thought that was dope. But this dude was chasing that truck on foot. I thought about n when he kicked off his.
Speaker 5: He I was like, man, this fucking bullshit, go feeding the kNs.
Speaker 4: Stupid ass narrative of running barefoot man like, Man, he was chasing that truck, man, I was like.
Speaker 2: And then he got hit by that car.
Speaker 3: I was not.
Speaker 2: Man. The due me went literally because we all were like, yo, God, that was crazy. Stopped him dead in his truck. Yeah, but he still got up and live. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, who didn't do ship because of course they don't do ship in their corrupt But this whole fight scene, this ship was it was a great introduction to like all the other characters in the different fighter styles because even even uh Matilla, like she was helicoptering on the ground and ship when she was fighting. And this motherfucker, like, this dude was a beast, that motherfucker Gorilla Asian or whatever. He was the African, the Africay was all right, but this motherfucker was hell brother and he was he was he was, he was giving him fix and then when you know, he got the best of them, and then they fight dirty Mike everything, bro.
Speaker 2: When he got in the damn truck and this.
Speaker 4: Dude picked up trashing through trash, Like, what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck you're telling you all about this fighting? Dirty ship man? You're right. The whole the whole damn movie.
Speaker 1: They were doing that, and I thought it was so dope, like when he finally saw his daughter and they were snatching him away and it kind.
Speaker 2: Of re energized them more. But yeah, the dude kicked him off that thing and it was a rap because.
Speaker 3: He came in with a cinder block or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that that dude was not playing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I went to the cops. Cops and do ship.
Speaker 1: They were corrupt as well, and then you know, they eventually tracked him, I think with the card or something to like this club where the undercover journalist was meeting with the other guy with the cowboy hat, and that was at the point they were saying that that was his father, the I need to find his name, but the gorilla guy the one that was his dad and stuff like that. But then this when we get another big ass fight scene, and this was just as crazy. Like the ideas that they have is insane because now when this guy comes in, the guy with the cowboy had think that he was set up, yep, so now he gotta fight everybody too, So he fighting everybody in there, and concurrently he's fighting everybody downstairs.
Speaker 2: The Afroman was running because don't blame him.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh hell no, but Mike, when I tell you, when this motherfucker got in that cage and he had that fucking hammer.
Speaker 2: He was wrong with that hammer.
Speaker 3: He was when he picked it up to go on a mission doing that hammer.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: We found out he was lighting folks hitting him in the ribs and ship and I was like, geez, it'd be.
Speaker 4: Just enough to get to get him space to do something else. Like, yeah, man, it was really creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he broke somebody less because the fighters trying to kicking me.
Speaker 2: He was like, caught it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you saw it too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that was Yeah. This is the scene where he was pounding on top of him, Yes, and was on top hitting him. I would have liked you got it man. Yeah, you been a hammer once, bro Alight, Damn if you hit somebody else I saw with a hammer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you like your daughter's upstairs room six, bro, just go get her. Matter of fact, stay right here, I'll go get her. Just don't hit me with that fucking hammer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All this was dope.
Speaker 1: And then we get a fight between the basically two protagonists at this point.
Speaker 2: Wang Way's name was revealed in Novin. Y'all think they were evenly.
Speaker 4: Matched at first, but I think the wang Way had another level that the other guy didn't have at first.
Speaker 3: They were equal. Yeah, if Wyane Way gets.
Speaker 4: Mad man, yeah yeah, forget about it, let it go, you can forget about it.
Speaker 5: If he saw his daughter behind that dude, he did, he'd have took him out.
Speaker 4: He'd took him out. But I did like the equally matched fighting. Yeah, Like I said, that's that's why. It reminded me of the Bruce Lee joints, because sometimes he'll meet his match, especially with.
Speaker 2: What's the big guy what was his name? Oh that's who that guyber.
Speaker 4: The other guy reminded me of the guy you calling Gorilla Guy.
Speaker 3: He reminded me of him.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I did like that he kind of met cause they both Their styles was kind of different because he did some type of cloth thing while the other guy did something else. But yeah, it was cool. I liked uh it was Way Wayne Wan Wayne Way. I like his rolling move that he does, Like how he'll get up under you and it'll roll you. That ship was man, that was so dope and he used it all the time I went too, if I knew how to do that, it was so dope. So that's that's what like single him out other over other people. I was like, oh, yeah, that's that's a dope move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even when he's up on stuff like if you got him, he'll kind of kick off and all kind of just yeah the glory.
Speaker 4: All of them were like that, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But that's what I'm saying. Specifically, that rolling one was specific to him. I ain't see nobody else do that one, but every all like that kickoff when you're on him, even even the Boss dude, he did it.
Speaker 2: He was nice to has some nice fighters in bron lay Is.
Speaker 1: I think in the movies ho which is the child trafficking Synica's song song Son.
Speaker 2: But uh but nah, I do think it did.
Speaker 1: It did look like they were evenly matched. But I think you're right, Rod. I think he felt like Wayne Way probably had the upper advantage because Mike, as soon as he saw that card, he's like, wait wait wait wait wait wait wait right, we are the same.
Speaker 4: I don't want no more because he was not letting up. No, he was not letting up. He wasn't going to.
Speaker 7: You would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So they partner up and you know, they do some more investigating and they figure out like this thing is act this other like house or this.
Speaker 2: Apartment or whatever.
Speaker 1: We also have a couple of moments with the villain, you know, his fiance and him talking to his fiance's father, and then I think we see the cops come in as well, so we see just kind of more involvement with the background.
Speaker 2: But this movie really is just all about the fighting.
Speaker 1: Even though they what they were doing was really good about this There's one thing I do like about the movie that they did, and it was in this particular section of the movie where he goes in there and they go to rescue the daughter, and the daughter she's feisty too, and she managed to eskate and got out, and then she's reunited with Wang. Way, Mike, what I really liked about this, and it's also kind of messed up. I like that it wasn't oh she escaped, we got her, and then we're gonna go off and then we gotta spend the rest of the movie trying to find her again. Yeah, he actually found her, rescued her, and that was it. What was fucked up was that the guy Nappa was like, all right, man, you know what night with your daughter. I'll go get the rescue here. He said, you can bounce.
Speaker 2: This was ridiculous. He actually left. No, I ain't playing for leaving, he was playing for coming back. It was a lot of dudes going up and down the market. Dad, you're a bad father. She brought you to. I don't care what she says. I'm the dad. I was like, you're really gonna leave my man like that.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have time to write all that ship down, so he's like, Hey, we're just gonna go back here because I can't argue with you because I don't have no paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, And the thing about it, Rod is mapping with he started fighting.
Speaker 2: Wayne Waite looked at him, was like, all right, man, good luck he did.
Speaker 1: But Rod, I think this game was a really dope scene where he came back on that motorcycle and he rode it through that hallway man, and the daughter is on the back of the motorcycle was picking her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was wearing people out with that.
Speaker 1: I was like, the daughter got busy, yeah, yeah, even though she did get slapped, but.
Speaker 2: She got kicked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, kicked. But I forgot about the other part. I want to go back, because they did trace Hole and the other guy down in this big factory because Afroman they put Afrolman in a.
Speaker 2: Block of ice. That part was interesting, Yeah, what the ice part?
Speaker 5: The ice part was interesting, Like that's how they they Well, did they kill him that way or were they using that to transport people?
Speaker 1: No, I think they I think those were I think they killed him that way. If you messed up, then that was his form of punishment. He'll put him in a block of ice.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it was a situation. They were freezing, they were freezing the little girls.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if he could untha and like, all right, so you ready to behave now right?
Speaker 3: That was Star Wars.
Speaker 1: But this was another scene. This, this is this is this is Rodder Mike. When I knew Ho was Hole was on that level, which was Ho that's the one that fights has the gorilla style. Oh okay, yeah, you know he had to little slow but he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: But uh but he gave them work because the dad pulled out the shoddy.
Speaker 2: He was shooting at Navin.
Speaker 4: And I was wondering, at what point somebody was gonna pull out a gun, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if he could fight, but he definitely pulled out a shotgun.
Speaker 3: I don't think he could fight.
Speaker 2: But man, this dude.
Speaker 1: This was a good fight because they could not beat him every time.
Speaker 2: This was this was so fun because every time they knock him down, he would get back right back up.
Speaker 1: And the funniest part my theater laugh was when they hit him because he came out with that damn sledgehammer again or whatever that thing was, and he was trying to knock them out man.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was good man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I laughed my ases off when they knocked him off that little ledge because he was like, right right, he finally fell over that My whole theater.
Speaker 1: Busted out laughing, yeah, because he got hit him side of the head with that thing.
Speaker 2: Yep, and he took and.
Speaker 3: We were like, oh, that did it.
Speaker 2: He finally he finally done and then he got back up. Everybody was like god, yep, yeah, because he was just like wobbling.
Speaker 3: Like a crip keeper out there.
Speaker 1: But he was wabbling because Wayne Wade was going to kill him because he saw his daughter's shirt with the blood and he became in raid.
Speaker 3: That's why I said he went to another level. He went to another level.
Speaker 2: And yeah, holding standard chance, but yeah he was that.
Speaker 1: Then they tortured the other guy, which is how they found out where they were so kind of get back. But I didn't want to skip that because that was yeah, yeah, really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they fed action people, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was just saying, yeah, that's what we saw, just how nice hole was, like he was able to take on both of those guys like it was just like dangn they can't beat this dude.
Speaker 2: They couldn't beat him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was definitely final boss switch. We saw he showed his ass up at the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 3: Was interesting, Yeah, in sequence.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so yeah, so they rescued the kids. I think you know, he went he went back to help him out. They got like pilots trying to stop them. Yeah, yeah, Mike, did you think old boy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they were. They were definitely making a reference that in the hallway.
Speaker 5: M m. They were definitely making a reference to that, and they did it well because it was very It was very different than Old Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I think gat Navin was like, yo, we need to come up with he was he was, he wasn't ready to go in, and this is daughter, so he ain't.
Speaker 2: Got time for all that.
Speaker 1: So he just got out the truck and started walking and then some guy walked up to him and he just took him and threw him on the ground and he just walked in. That's when he was fighting everybody in there, and then the kids escaped with the sheets, which that was a very intense scene too, because the cops were right there. The corrupt chief official wouldn't let him go through, and they finally did the right thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I was, what are you surprised he threw that kid off the off the building.
Speaker 4: I actually thought the one little kid, the one that that tricked the daughter into the getting kidnapped, Yeah, the one.
Speaker 5: With the leg, Yeah, the one, the fucked up leg. I actually thought he was gonna die. When that dude came out there and picked his little glass up, I was like, Oh, they're gonna throw his ass off the building.
Speaker 4: Was I was kind of glad they didn't, but it might have added a little more emotional weight. Yeah, if they killed one of the kids. Yeah, but yeah, no, that was that whole scene was was was really good because I had the feeling that that cop was in on it by the way he was acting, so it wasn't surprising that he was.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But if the one girl.
Speaker 4: Did not actually the female cop, if she didn't actually go in there and help, then I'd have been kind of annoyed because it was like, come on, lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, kid is right there. What do you mean we can't help him? The right there, we can see them.
Speaker 1: It was so frustrating because I'm like, even the audience, we're looking at him and they were not upset at the police, if I remember, because it's been a couple of weeks as I watched it, and I'm like, yo, like, y'all are cops.
Speaker 2: Y'all supposed to go help them. What are y'all doing? Right?
Speaker 1: And if anything, they should have been mad at the police chief for not letting them go, and he's just standing there, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was frustrating to see that, but I'm glad that they wouldn't help, because yeah, that kid would have been splattered. But I liked this part, Rob because they were actually reunited and then that was kind of like it and then it was like what we're gonna do with the rest of the movie and Rob, were you surprised that the villain, the main villain killed everybody, that he had a temper tentrum? I think it's poc long. No, I wasn't pack long p A k l u n G. That's the America.
Speaker 3: I said. I was a surprised.
Speaker 2: I mean he beat the finger off, that was crazy. Yeah, he weren't surprised by this part.
Speaker 4: Are we talking about the same guy, that guy that had the baby on the way and yeah, yeah, yeah killed his wife.
Speaker 5: That's the yeah, because he didn't show anything like he could fight before that.
Speaker 2: He just bugged out and killed everybody in the room. This bugged me.
Speaker 3: I was like, what I missed this part, just the part missed.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. When he came, I like because he because he was mad about it. Later like, what the hell happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he turned around. He stabbed his wife in the stomach. Why did he do that? He didn't know he bugged out in the room. I forget.
Speaker 5: They were trying to they were trying to blame him for the kids getting away.
Speaker 3: Caught that caught that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And and he all of a sudden just bit this one dude's finger off and then just started wrecking people, killing people, was grabbing pieces of glass as cutting people up.
Speaker 2: He was killing everybody in the room.
Speaker 4: And then while he was stabbing the ship out, this one dude, somebody grabbed his shoulder and he just instinctively did that, and it was his wife.
Speaker 2: I thought somebody else killed his Nah, I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought the syndicate or whatever killed his wife because they because he wasn't doing a good job. So I'm thinking I'm using Yeah, I know where I'm at you know what I'm saying, like I'm in the movies, like I know what happened. Nope, no don't.
Speaker 3: I did not know he did that.
Speaker 2: That dude was raw.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That was a pretty big scene because that gave him additional motivation.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and because it was like we already we thought it was over. Yeah, well we already beat the boss bad guy. The movie's done. And then it switches to a different villain and the villain is batter than the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, this this ship was, this ship was crazy, and the whole theater was like, oh, when he stabbed his.
Speaker 2: Girlfriend or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and see I knew the other guy was in the bass bad guy though.
Speaker 2: What the guy with the hats Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew he wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for some reason, because that's not the first person we were introduced to. The first person we introduced to was the boring, the archer dude talk and the other guy, and he seemed menacing because he's like, see this boy died because of you or whatever, like, so I knew he was probably gonna be the big bad.
Speaker 1: I honestly forgot about him until like they kind of reintroduced him. Yeah, I knew he was gonna be the big bad then. I was like, oh, yeah, that that was the guy from the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 3: So I was always waiting for him to come back. He came back, all right. I was always waiting for the vengeance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just didn't know how his wife died that's or the baby died.
Speaker 1: Go back and you get it when it gets some streaming. And just rewatched that scene because it really sets up everything, because that leads him on his on revenge track, and.
Speaker 5: It was shocking, Like, yeah, I didn't expect that to happen at all.
Speaker 3: See y'all would have.
Speaker 4: So when I saw the scene, you why, that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't expect that at all either.
Speaker 5: When he was in there killing people, there was no point, in no point that I thought, oh, his wife's.
Speaker 2: Gonna come in, He's gonna stab her. I did not think that at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got you, Yeah, got you. But they had put emphasis on it earlier.
Speaker 3: Him and his wife.
Speaker 5: I thought somebody else's I thought what would happen was what you did happen. I thought somebody else was going to kill his wife and then he and then they were gonna blame it on silent man, and they were gonna go after him.
Speaker 3: Got you, solid man, bro?
Speaker 2: Whatever his damn uh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought they were doing the daughter daughter thing because he was married into this criminal syndicate.
Speaker 2: So I didn't even think at any point she was gonna even die. No. I thought it was just establishing their relationship.
Speaker 1: I had no idea this man was gonna slaughter everybody, including his wife's soon to be wife's dad killed, no hesitation, No, you gotta go watch, bro.
Speaker 2: This dude was brutal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was wondering what happened in that moment, that brief moment, and like I said, I put something else together in my head that happened.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I didn't know it was that well.
Speaker 1: Hey, this last scene when they went to the police station, all of this was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when I saw him here, it wasn't surprising because I always felt like he was gonna be good. You know what I'm saying, just based off because he was too quiet in the beginning.
Speaker 1: I was like, this motherfucker be bad. I didn't know he was gonna be that good either. He had no idea, bro, Like this dude was on another level too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't surprised.
Speaker 2: And geez man like and his boy the archer, Archer, I didn't expect him to know how to fight. I didn't either. I thought he could just shoot. I thought he just could shoot. I didn't know he could fight. So, yeah, that was crazy. This motherfucker never ran an arrow.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 4: He was like dude from Lord of the Rings. No, he was like, oh Darryl Dixon.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're thinking of oh god, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Man.
Speaker 1: When he when he took that knife and he chopped that dude up, that was crazy. I was like, yo, yeah, he was nice, smile too, that's crazy about I knew it was a rap for Devin the second he had to go up against this dude.
Speaker 2: I knew it was a rap that dude's gonna kill him.
Speaker 1: At some point, I thought Mike that he might get him with the way they kind of broke it up, so I thought they were just kind of I thought he was going to give both of them their moment, And you know, Wyane Wade was because they because they were all of them were evenly matched. And what was so dope about you talking about the choreography is they kept switching fighting each other.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. God, that ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: So when they got separated because Wade Navin was he was he was getting punished, he was. But when they separated, I was like, okay, so now because his motivation was the wife, I was like, okay, so now this is gonna be his moment to defeat the guy, and that he's gonna defeat him.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be the end of the movie.
Speaker 1: And then he'll come home running his ass and run this man.
Speaker 4: Man, Like, I've never seen anything like this in anything, neither the way they were fighting, the way they were fighting, they were fighting each other. Yes, I'm like, well he's not on either side, so it's just like everybody can get it.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, is that really what's happening right now? And yeah it was.
Speaker 3: I was just like, y'all have never seen anything like this.
Speaker 4: Well he's fighting everybody everybody. Yeah, that was like a mania match. Yeah it was wowd Like, you killed my dad. He was like, ain't your damn daddy? You believe that shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All man, All.
Speaker 2: This was dope.
Speaker 1: And and what I like about is that And while the other scene that I skiped was so pivotal because they show how great of a fighter he was. They showed that he's on that level because he's fighting both of them and hanging in there. So when he shows up for this final scene, he's right there.
Speaker 4: With him, right, he had to head on, Yeah, he had to head on at first.
Speaker 3: Remember the hat came.
Speaker 2: I mean he was even giving how long work and he he was so cold.
Speaker 1: Bro, the villain was nice. He was really nice. Yeah, but he did it all in the suit too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Nah.
Speaker 1: It's it's so many things in this movie, like from a choreography respective. I wish I could remember the point out in terms of fighting stuff. It was just incredibly dope. But yeah, seeing all of them fight, I was like, I got I gotta see how this play.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when Navin died and I was like, oh man, yeah yeah that yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I did feel some type of way about that. You're talking about the detective, Yeah I did. I didn't like that, but I mean he went out the way I guess the way he wanted to.
Speaker 3: I guess he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said I finally found her. That was sad.
Speaker 3: It was sad though he did.
Speaker 2: I mean going to see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think what's unique about the fighting in this movie is the counters. Like a lot of a lot of a lot of fighting scenes is usually like on the attack, right, The way they counter in this movie is really impressive.
Speaker 3: Like if you grab somebody al slide underneath you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or like you said, like if he kicks you, he'll he'll bounce off of you and come like like it was almost like like some like some video games stuff, Like it's like they did this in a movie, like Yeah, to get to be this creative with with fighting styles at this point is it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: It prevented.
Speaker 1: The it prevented them from gaining the upper hand and Mike. They were also fighting dirty too, like anything they find they were throwing at one another.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, it was. It was crazy. Even when we get to the final fight because Navin is dead. The archer is dead. I can't remember what happened a whole the suit guy killed him.
Speaker 3: He stabbed him.
Speaker 2: He stabbed him a couple of times in the neck, all right, And then we get outside with the motorcycles.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, oh when they foiled the bike they were bikes bikes. I ain't never seen my fu fight with a bike. How the fucking day doing I was like, I know they're not about to do this because I saw it. I was like, they they fight with these Damn If somebody told you.
Speaker 4: That, it sounds so trash. But when fucking silent Man and the other dude were doing it, I was like, they really fighting with bikes.
Speaker 2: Who thinks of is this?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 4: This really fought with bikes And he had the pedal he had Oh yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Pulled the pedal off and was and somebody with it.
Speaker 4: Why man, this this this was so creative, Like they they really took it there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really took it there. Oh and then he had the bike chain. That's how he got him.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the bike change.
Speaker 3: That's how that's how he choked him. It was the bike change.
Speaker 4: It was a bike chain what it was, but it was it was the It was the I was like, man, that's the bike chain. They're using parts of the bike to fight each other, not just the bikes themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So man, And you know, one way remember that I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 4: Is when he choked. That's how he choked him. He choked him with the bike chain. I don't know why I can't remember Wang Way, that's how he killed him.
Speaker 3: I think that's how he killed him, right.
Speaker 1: I think he did something to wound him, like mortally wound him.
Speaker 4: I think that was what the I thought, yeah that was And then he then he killed him with the bikes.
Speaker 3: He choked him out with the bike. Yeah, he had on.
Speaker 1: He was punching him on the ground, and then like the daughter came and the kid came and they kind of pulled him off of me.
Speaker 2: He was still on the ground. He got up and he walked off and then he died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but at some point he choked him with the bike chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I think, yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, but he finally got the best of him.
Speaker 4: But you know, that was funny. The dude was like, yeah, I gotta go home and see my daughter. Oh he beat the he beat the sense of.
Speaker 2: Where he at. That was crazy.
Speaker 8: And then you know, I really thought was like, oh, y'all gonna kill my boy. I did to my boy Wang Wang. Yeah I did too. He was still alive, which was good. And then they were like, yeah, that's I only really know your story and that's.
Speaker 2: How it comes. Here comes the sequel.
Speaker 5: I wish I really wish they would get back to one and done a movie like this. Now I know I get it, but damn, this was this was so good for this type of film. I feel like if you if you make a sequel, it's like, how do you step up from this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the choreography is so creative, right, I think they could definitely give him some more interest and stuff.
Speaker 2: But what's the story? Do we get his origin story? Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because because we bet we find out why he doesn't talk, and we find out what happened to his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because something happened there where he has to stay away from her. I feel I don't know, if to protect her or something, but yeah, it's some issue because that was her whole thing.
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, but also got to see how this fighting skill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I wonder if they'll go all the way back and show all that. But yeah, I mean I'll definitely be in the theater for part two. Uh, because Yeah, I got home and I was like, how was it?
Speaker 5: I was like, no, she's she would if I show her the trailer, she'd be like, I'm not fucking going to that. But I was like, Yo, this ship was fucking great. She would have hated it. She would have hated it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know who all I could recommend it to, but but yeah, it was. It was good though, it was entertaining.
Speaker 4: I got a whole group of friends that are obsessed with old Kung fu films, and they would they would love this.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you just like action films, ridiculous action films, I don't know why you would dislike this. You know, the only thing I could have made this better is if Steven Seagal walked his ass in and then the Silent Man whooped his ass.
Speaker 1: And it's really you know, a you know, a story of addressing child's trafficking and stuff like that. It was something else we just Supergirl, Yeah, that had a very similar That's what I meant.
Speaker 5: And this actually treated the subject matter in a more adult way than Supergirl did.
Speaker 1: And had a budget of twenty meal and it made thirty three mel in the box office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm really surprised that they didn't add more showings. The more and more people talked about it, me too, so I don't know what the plan was with that.
Speaker 2: It's really stupid. Yeah, maybe they'll maybe they'll give it another run.
Speaker 5: But if they want to make that movie back from that money back open it up to But they.
Speaker 3: Made it back.
Speaker 2: They made thirty three, so they made They're thirteen, so they could make more. Man, they could easily double that money. I think they could have got to seventy five easy. I mean, word of mouth is gonna spread about this film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is the wrong move pulling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so in any event, but that's it, man, Let us know what you guys think about the Furious I'm glad I was.
Speaker 5: I will say that I was a little bothered by the little girl getting shot in the leg with a fucking bow and arrow.
Speaker 2: She shouldn't have been taking the ass up there. Mind, no, no, no, she she deserved to get shot.
Speaker 5: I was just like, y'all really gonna act like this little girl is not laying on the ground screaming in pain and not moving, She's still.
Speaker 2: Over here fighting. Because it was a good scene.
Speaker 5: When I forgot who walked up to her and the other guy with the bad leg and they act like they were gonna fight.
Speaker 2: I forgot who that was against you.
Speaker 4: Remember the part I'm talking about after she got shot in the in the leg with the arrow. The other boy with the with the fucked up leg, he broke the arrow off so she could walk, And there was some part where they the archer.
Speaker 2: And then maybe because all the.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe it was the female cop. I can't think of her name because she got shot. No, I think she got shot early.
Speaker 4: She got she did she did that other dude, that other Oh that was sad.
Speaker 2: They to his ass and I was still like, oh, he gonna make it. Man. He was crawling, come on, bro stop. But I forget who it was.
Speaker 4: But there was a part where one of the bad guys walked up and the little girl and the little boy they both like they held hands and they were gonna fight, and then something swooped in and changed it. But I was just like, all right, most of this movie is ridiculous, But there's no part of me that believes that this freaking twelve year old got shot in the leg with a arrow. And she's still just like, all right, I'm a fight, but die if I'm shot through my leg with a bone arrow, I'm not kicking anybody I'm laying on the ground like, bro, I'm dead.
Speaker 2: Forget it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wells yeah they both got sucked the fast legs now.
Speaker 2: Nah, this was this was great man.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: I'll be curious, out of all the trailers we watched now, it's just popped in my head which ones that we enjoyed that we've covered, But this was one that lived up to the trailer.
Speaker 2: Did they take the little the little boy with the fucked up leg? Yeah? I think they did. What did they do with it? I remember? Was he at the end when they were at the water.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Because the female was because I think she may have taken him. My boy Wang Wang was like, hey, girl, let's work something out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think she may have taken him because they were on the beach. Yeah, I think that's fare, but I can't remember. This is this is a fun one man. Yeah yeah, yeah, it was. All right, let's go do it for us man. We off peace