Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast. I am hosting this one. I am Spike Blue with me, I have Rod and Ken and today mister all right, and today we are talking about iconic TV scenes that you still think about today. So what we'll do is pass it around the room. Each of us will give about three. If we can get to that number, you know, just to see what what's out then on our list for this and I will start. Who wants to start? Anybody want to start? Rod would love to start? So Rod, what's the first?
Speaker 1: I could go?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: This is the first when when we were talking about this and it came up as a one scene in particular that jumped out to you, what did you just have?
Speaker 1: Like I gotta find these three and and couldn't really remember.
Speaker 4: I had had which I'm talking So since y'all put me first, I probably gonna steal. Still I'm going with Mark, you know what I'm saying, going with the Suspicious minds.
Speaker 1: When he was with the dog when everybody lost.
Speaker 4: Everybody lost, So we brought that ship up so many times here on this podcast. Is the night still on, so it'll just be wrong for us not to bring it up here when we're talking about most like memorable moments in TV history, I think, man, like no one could hold that ship together in this every it's funny every fucking.
Speaker 1: Time, literally, like like how is something this?
Speaker 3: How is something this funny to go happen? It's not like a little funny, it's like far punching the chain. It's that level of study every time.
Speaker 5: Like that that is that is television magic.
Speaker 4: It is what they did because like, yeah, how years later, bro, like you watch it like it's the first time.
Speaker 5: I laughing about it right now without.
Speaker 1: Even single.
Speaker 5: That's trying over oh one stupid.
Speaker 3: And the fact that you later that it was in prov that just makes it just just.
Speaker 4: Better than he that the ship wasn't man, they were losing the ship and like and like it don't get me wrong, this ship happened a lot where they couldn't contain themselves from laughing and Mark, Yeah, but this.
Speaker 6: One just it's just the most memorable one.
Speaker 4: Like you ask anyone, man, it's this fucking one, bro, Like like this one, the fucking the one in the court where we got the draws down on.
Speaker 1: Every time you.
Speaker 5: Said every time, he's punching the.
Speaker 1: Oh Man.
Speaker 4: The most of the way he was doing it. Yeah, like all that ship. But yeah, Martin, man, he has some iconic moments. That one in particular, Man, that had a City Player.
Speaker 1: I don't have any sitcoms either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the City Player, bro, Yeah, the City, the City And for whatever reason, man, the sitcoms is what popped up for me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nostalgia is what popped up for me. There's one, you know, you know, Today's Time TV.
Speaker 4: But but nah, it's too that that popped up for me, and that and then and that.
Speaker 1: Was the first one for me, Mike, what you got for us?
Speaker 3: So yeah, like you said, I don't have any sitcoms. I'm I put mine in order of oldest and newest. The oldest one and unfortunately, as usual, the only one that knows this one is probably gonna be ken. But I feel like I brought this up before, But it's the episode of Buffet the Vampire Slayer called the Body because they said it was you know, iconic moments that you still think about. I still think about this episode all the time, mainly because people never take me seriously when I tell them how amazing of a show Buffy was, and I'm always like, when you get to this episode, you will see just how good of an actor Michelle Sarah Michelle Geller is because her coming home spoiler alert, and finding well, I won't say who, then finding a certain person's dead body in the house, and the range of emotions everybody goes through it is top TV. I'm telling y'all, I know it sounds crazy, just trust me on this. I think it's season three. It's fucking incredible, and every time I think about it, I'm just like, God, I don't even know what I would do if I tapping to me, It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Buffy the Body. Still, I'm gonna watch it because.
Speaker 3: I fucked up because I was trying to figure out when it aired and I typed out Buffy the Body.
Speaker 1: I forgot about the body, so I was like, whoops, now what I was looking for? A kid? What you got?
Speaker 7: I think I'm gonna go with Game of Thrones, and I'm actually gonna go with the first season, So spoiler for anyone. Maybe we should just put a disclaimer beginning. Yeah, you're gonna get spoilers and.
Speaker 1: Spoilers for you know, shows and stuff and recover.
Speaker 7: But but I just I just didn't see it coming with Ned Stark, bro like, who does that? Like ship was like and he didn't come back. It's just like, no, this is this is this is a wrap?
Speaker 1: Were they the first to kind of do that to start a show? Then?
Speaker 3: It seemed like because that didn't seem like it later, But did they start that?
Speaker 1: I feel like it. Boys, that was the first time that I can remember that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's probably why Nick's on the baby field the way he does now about like I need to see like states. You know, He's always saying I need to see body propping. So I don't know if it started with that, but yeah that ship, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need I need to do a rewatch. But I was like, yo, did they really just do that ship? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it's so surprising because you spend so much time with that character and you're like, there's no way you're gonna kill him. They're gonna eventually do the TV thing and he'll go to the wall or something. But yeah, somebody they popped off and did it just with the black Like, come on, it was fantastic. I'm gonna stay on Game of Thrones minus season six, episode ten, when Sirce blew up the sept like the whole leading to it, Like, I know she's not finna do that. There's no way possible. They're not for to take off all of these characters off the board to sit there and and that the little creepy ass music that they were playing whatever it was to be on the dad plan and just for her to blow it up and stand there and look at it and the wind blow back on her face and her just drinking the wine like I killed all of them like fires.
Speaker 1: Yes, heir, she was a bad and you hated her, hated her when she was so good that what she did?
Speaker 2: You like, I get it, Like I'm not going back over it. I ain't going to tryut Like I don't even know why y'all looking for me. So I love that Game of has a lot of this.
Speaker 4: Five seasons later and I mentioned the one from him like you still got like Red we and all that ship.
Speaker 1: It's like like, yeah, man, it's.
Speaker 2: I had I wanted I was gonna do hold the Door as well, because it's how that one was, how they set it up, like it was so really good one.
Speaker 1: It's it's tragic.
Speaker 4: And then seeing him in the real time, having the season, seeing him in the real time, having the season, how it affected the rest of his Like, man, that was so good, nah man camera, It's tragic how it ended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the way they like they have a chart of how every episode is rated, and the last two are the only ones that got like a five out of ten and everything that's seven, eight, nine out of ten and then the last two episodes.
Speaker 3: Those dudes should never work again. They really shouldn't for fumbling something this hard. They should never have enough jobs in the industry. That's crazy, And.
Speaker 4: That's a really crazy statement when you think about it, because the ship was so good, but off of those off of that last season of People's season, you can say the season last seasons bad.
Speaker 1: Man, It's like, what the fuck you show?
Speaker 2: How important endings are? People discredit like it was so many good episodes. It's like so many seasons, so many good seasons.
Speaker 3: It's like and you look at like the fact that it wasn't like, oh, we just fucked up and we tried to do our best. No, you didn't care. You sar Wars and then you didn't even get the Star Wars gig. That's what you fucking get it's crazy. You will go down in history as writing the worst season of any show and completely funning ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Roger, you got.
Speaker 4: I'm going to another sitcom because, like I said, when you when this cons came out, that's what came up to my mind.
Speaker 1: But it's another one we talked about on this show.
Speaker 4: But the Cosby show, the Challenge, I.
Speaker 1: Still remember that Toda is really good still he was.
Speaker 4: That's good, really good, because I damn man, like that is embedded in my head.
Speaker 1: Facts like it just came, don't.
Speaker 5: Know why, just came out of nowhere. It was just like, why the fun did they do it?
Speaker 3: Because the one dude, I think he was dancing and the Bills when they're like little something and the dude was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Wait you challenge.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so sad that that dude is a scumbagh god back in the game because.
Speaker 2: Bill Cosby wouldn't let it go either, and then he didn't slow Ship.
Speaker 4: That ship was so funny, Yo, that ship is it better than my brain out of all the Cosmy shows.
Speaker 2: Smile from that one was almost used when the Nise got caught sneaking out and went to Baltimore.
Speaker 1: That shit is circulating on uh right now, yeah, that is circulating. The comic show has a moment's that one?
Speaker 5: But my I forgot what happened.
Speaker 3: But but Bill was talking to Rudy and he was like, come here.
Speaker 1: That's there, he shout, and do it.
Speaker 5: That ship me and the one where she's like book that one gets man.
Speaker 2: Show has so many Thanksgiving She kept sending him to the stove.
Speaker 5: Or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh the big bottom just fell out.
Speaker 5: That's Gordon Trail's shirt. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, damn.
Speaker 2: That show was so good, was so good.
Speaker 1: Good one too. That was a good one too. What you got next, Mike.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm going with one of the saddest episodes TV that I remember. And I don't know how many people here have watched Lost, but not Penny's Boat man. Oh that's not Penny's Boat Season three finale, That ship broke me.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna front.
Speaker 3: I remember I was getting I never watched I didn't watch Lost in real time. I only was able to catch up and watch the last season in real time. But prior to that, I remember I was downloading how long ago it was, I was downloading the episodes and watching them on my computer and I would get home from AT and T. I don't give a fuck how bad the day it was, I was like, I'm about to fucking get into Lost.
Speaker 5: I bawled like.
Speaker 1: A three year old.
Speaker 3: That was one of those what a certain person dies and you do not expect it because he's like the sweetest.
Speaker 1: Person on the show. I was like, how can you do this? Yeah, you didn't expect him to go out like that?
Speaker 2: No, And how Desmond had been looking for their boat and I thought it was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the fact that he was sacrificing himself basically for Desmond. So Desmond didn't get banned. Oh my god, not Penny's boat. I think about that shit all the time. Unfortunately, my girls ever watched Lost, so whenever I say, look, I never watched Pennies, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I had to be a wow fifteen years ago, right like oh s eight something like that.
Speaker 4: I still always get that confused with Uh. It was another another show. It wasn't called Loss.
Speaker 1: It was like a more like a reality show survival Survivor. I used to think that was very very I udn't think that was the same ship. For whatever reason, you have to watch loss. I don't know to rewatch it. That's the first shows up.
Speaker 2: That's the first show where like conversation was saying about what happens next week, like blogs and all that they remember, conspiracies and all types of shit. I remember watching it in real time, like geez, like mind blown, just with all the stuff that was happening.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go back to start.
Speaker 7: Ken what you got next? I'm going with twenty four. This was later on uh season seven.
Speaker 5: When she passed out lost her memory for the reason remember that.
Speaker 7: There's there's the first the first seas he's in as a great moment too that I never saw coming. But but this is just Jack Bauer doing just Jack Bowership where he's chasing one of his homies, Tony, and they ended up and he drives a car off a fucking multipile level. It's ridiculous. It sounds crazy. But even when he gets here, he was like, Okay, this is gonna hurt, and he puts on the seatbelt and he.
Speaker 1: Just drives off.
Speaker 7: By this point, this is the seventh season, you just used to Jack doing crazy shit.
Speaker 1: But I was like, bro, there's no fucking way he's really.
Speaker 7: About to do this ship and he fucking does it, but it's done in a in as realistic of a way as possible. Oh that just reminded me of another scene that I gotta break up nets.
Speaker 3: Now mine for twenty four every time is when I remember when Tony became a bad guy. Yeah, yeah, I think, yeah, there is a moment where I forgot what was happening. But they were in like a warehouse. Jack barrs in the warehouse and they're they're pinned down and people are shooting at him, and Tony saves the day because he'd become a good guy again, and no one expected Tony to come back as a good guy.
Speaker 1: I watch four that was it was so ridiculous and racist as.
Speaker 3: Jack Bauer was that dude way before fucking John Wick and anybody else. Jack Bauer was that dude that did the most incredible ship.
Speaker 2: That's when I won't run back Alrighty next one, I'm gonna wait till his turn to go take a ship.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to Breaking Bad man.
Speaker 2: And there's some obvious ones, like when Gus Face got blew off.
Speaker 1: Whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Breaking Bad used to do this dope thing with us show you in the beginning in the code open something that you have totally no context for, and then they'll tell you a couple of episodes later where it came from. You remember them doing that, like when they when he threw the pizza on the roof, Like you remember when I remember that happened. Remember like two episodes before that they showed the pizza roof that you.
Speaker 1: Had idea, I got there. I remember with this one, I'm gonna go hermanos.
Speaker 2: And this is when Gus went over to the hotel Cartel with his partner that cooked the myth as well, the original partner, not the second dude that played in whatever the name is. But they were at the pool, and they had showed a couple episodes before, like the blood and the pool and the duck and shit.
Speaker 1: Floating around you like break and well got killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Gus go through this whole picture when they gonna sell the myth, and this dude right here the best cook for it, and then they just shot his buddy and left him right there by the pool, out of nowhere. So that was the best one for me as far as not being an obvious one from that, But and that goes to show why he hated the Slamonca do in the wheelchair and all of that good stuff before that. But that was one that stuck out to me from Breaking Bad, which had a lot to choose fromim. I just didn't want to pick an obvious one. The other one from there was when Hank got killed, and he was.
Speaker 1: Good ahead of the time.
Speaker 3: Hank the cop, his brother, the only dude I liked on the whole show.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, when they killed him, I was mad.
Speaker 2: He was sick too. That was good acting right there about Walter to he was like, no, I did not expect him to do him like that.
Speaker 1: I was like, y'all gonna kill my boy.
Speaker 3: Hank the only show has ever made me like a cop outside of s VU.
Speaker 2: And when he realized that Walk to White was he was reading the thing. He was right there, ship And that was another one that was pretty good for me. Rod, close us out with your third one.
Speaker 4: So my third one is a series show, and you know one of my favorite souls Snowfall.
Speaker 6: Uh my favorite part. Nigga said, I built this ship.
Speaker 4: Brick by brick, and I'll be damn if I let the nigga love the nigga turned down because.
Speaker 1: You don't like talk yo.
Speaker 8: Drive.
Speaker 4: When I saw this scene, man, I was like, God, damn, this show is so fucking good.
Speaker 1: He almost got that one.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh, yo, that ship is so iconic to me, man like, and I and I watched snow I came on later with Snowfall, so I didn't know about this scene, but when I.
Speaker 1: Saw it, I was like, man, this was this was an incredible fucking scene.
Speaker 4: And so I went online and yeah, around the time, everybody thought it was like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like that that's how good that scene was.
Speaker 4: That even when I watched it later, going back seeing what the talks were around that time. Yeah, man, that man, oh man, he keep body that scene. And it's just the way Leon looked. He looked so defeated. Yeah, like he looks so defeated, right, I.
Speaker 5: Can't even say that he was in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nigga talk. It's just the way he said it. He like he had lost his voice when he when he said the talk part.
Speaker 4: And that man, it was just such a he had a lot of good a lot of good moments in Snowfall. He did you know that that he really made a name for himself with Snowfall.
Speaker 2: That's that that character I think is going with staying attest like Franklin TV character.
Speaker 1: For show for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, j like Walter wants to work Like like you know what I'm saying, Like, it's always gonna be when you see it, Yeah, he's always gonna be Franklin. We see it today, when we see it, that's Franklin, you know. So that's how good he was in that show. But that particular moment is what stands out in the most to me about Snowfall.
Speaker 1: Mike, what you got? Nick?
Speaker 3: So I almost went with the wire, but I was like, that's obvious, but I feel like we I just talked about this scene already, but I was like, fuck it, man, the episode with Marve's speech from and or Rix Road, which I don't think you've watched and Or But every time I even think of that scene, I get goosebumps.
Speaker 1: This is the first one of the second season. Two seasons, Oh, season one watched and you haven't watched and not the second season? I started it? Did you watched season one? I just don't remember that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I thought you were on that No, no, no, you don't remember.
Speaker 1: That the speech, Yes you do.
Speaker 3: It's like it's towards the end of I think it's the last episode and it's where beat you Emo is is showing the hologram and she's like, you know, uh, sure it's easy for the dead to tell you to fight list, but if I could, I'd wake up early and fight these bastards from the start. That's what made me go ahead and get the fucking tack because I was like, man, every time I think of this show, I immediately go to that scene, and I'm just like, everybody needs to see this fucking scene, because like, if you can't watch this scene and think about the ship that's happening now and think about like why you should be fighting whatever way that you can fight, then.
Speaker 1: You're just a dead person inside.
Speaker 3: This scene is just fuck this one. And my girl finally watch it, she's like, I'm not watching no Star Wars show. I was like, look, let me just show you this one scene. As fucking as into anti fashions and all these things are, let me just watch. Let me just show you this one scene. I showed her the one scene blew her away. She fucking binged both seasons, and now she's like, it's one of the bets I've ever seen. So yeah, man, Marvel's speech in and Or will go down history for me as one of the most amazing scenes ever film.
Speaker 4: That's what you're saying, Marvel's speech, marveling, I can I didn't hear Marvo for some reason.
Speaker 1: Mar Yeah, yeah, I got you on Rick's Road, Marvel the.
Speaker 5: Sure and what he was working. Yeah, that's it, gave him the gen z stare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you got mixed? I got one.
Speaker 7: I was just throwing it because it's just funny. Uh but because we always talk about it. But Ghost mush on Tasha.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Nick, that is fucking ictic.
Speaker 1: That is the good one. It makes it so good that they were improvised.
Speaker 2: No, no, she didn't interview said she was not expecting was like that.
Speaker 3: Not in the and she said, I was so mady ghost thought he was ghost crazy.
Speaker 1: You got carried away.
Speaker 3: Money long way approval and set really yeah, said that was total improvation.
Speaker 1: That's it's razy funny. But he did a lot of ship that I think. I hain't mush a woman without approval, but he did a lot of ship. Like the way he was talking to her was crazy. And his wife he just lost love of my life. That's crazy that yeah, he said he did. He did say some watch. I was like, Yo, what you really say that.
Speaker 4: That's another show that ended horribly so like in my opinion, like it got ridiculous at the end.
Speaker 7: But my my favorite one is a more recent one that was one reviewed. It's gambit scene in X Men nine seven. Bro remember it, bro, Man the way he went out, Man, that old just action sequence and stuff that went down, and then he just sacrificed himself.
Speaker 1: That ship is only Rewatch is still hit. I have not rewatched that show. I didn't Rewatch to man. The second time watching, I was like, man, this ship is so good. So remember yeah, And so many consequences came from the too.
Speaker 3: Are they during the season two by the way, they fired the guy he bent for his nasty ass did They didn't say what he did, but he kind of hinted. It sounds like he was being inappropriate with other people in the office.
Speaker 2: Going back to power one more time, wake Up, Sleepy time over a little nigga put a gun to it, Yeah, put a gun to his son had said, sleepy time over a little nigga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wild I remember that ship, bro. It was crazy. Yeah, it was a deep sleep.
Speaker 2: Sleepy time over a little niggah.
Speaker 1: Uh. I couldn't resist, Mike.
Speaker 2: I had to do the wire Season five, episode eight entitled Clarification. And this is when talking about character to be known for, recognized with what they played and something was when Canar killed Omar at the store.
Speaker 1: That was it was just swear to God, Spike, I swear that I'm not lying. That was mine. I could not believe it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mary read the habit for five sns on this show, and you thought that he was gonna go out in some epic gun battle like Grow the Glory, and this nigga was in there buying a pack of new Ports and got shot by a fucking kid.
Speaker 1: Child in the head.
Speaker 2: That took me out. That that they did the big one with that one. I don't think I forget it. Like the first time I seen that scene, I was like yeah, I was I was like, yeah, fucking right. But then it made sense, man, because Conor was a little dickhead anyway.
Speaker 3: And it was just such when you really pull yourself out of it and think about it. It was just such a way for Omar to go Out's how he would because it was like, they're not going to give you something that you were expecting.
Speaker 1: And no one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fuck y'all lying if you say you acted that no one expected Old Mark.
Speaker 1: He gets shot in the head by a child in a store after he jumped out that window.
Speaker 3: Survived, broke his leg, and was still running around shooting people.
Speaker 1: Don't seem possible. Yeah, oh my god, that fucking show.
Speaker 4: Frank do that yo, And had a conversation one day.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that. I remember my moment.
Speaker 3: Wait are you triple stopping your lying stopping Rod?
Speaker 1: What that was better than break by brick? Is all right? Y'all? Oh my god? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And this ship this has been the frames perspective, most iconic scenes, man.
Speaker 1: That's y'all. Y'all. Y'all, y'all go to Reddit. Let us know y'all best moments as well. Crazy. We'll appreciate y'all tapping out