Speaker 1: And where are we going here? Anything you have a chance against us? Mister cowboy gay mother?
Speaker 2: What do you like to do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Play chess, screw Weller's play chess?
Speaker 2: They give off that. Jonathan Taylor Chuck Cunning gets away, walk to the goal line. He's in there, put down and d why Jonathan Taylor Wheler finds corn.
Speaker 4: Here's halliburn into the front court, mishandled it against any shot he finds it.
Speaker 2: John, I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come true.
Speaker 4: The Ride with JMV on ninety three five and one oh seven five, The fan.
Speaker 2: Hell of a day to get started. On a Monday following nineteen, Pa says, I'm good, we're feeling good. Caleb's over there, I'm John right here. We have a loaded show. So the Colts have released their official depth chart. We will gather around this sheet of paper and break it down. Actually we won't, but we'll talk about it, I'm sure, because we do have football coming up later on this week, and we do have a pregame show a football coming up later on this week. I believe that a good man Eddie Garrison has that up there on the board four thirty for the Colts pregame huddle on Thursday about that the band's all back together again. That starts coming up on Thursday. Joint practices in New England with the Patriots will be all about that coming up as well. I will continue to talk about this. I was on with Tony Katz this morning and mentioned at some point and I know that the DJ Montgomery has been here and yay, okay, but at some point you are going to and whether Alec Pierce returns, when, if and how he returns, or that everything is okay with Josh Downs. You have to go out and get somebody else of significance. The clock is ticking, the numbers are dwindling of those that can do anything for It's not like we're tripping the light fantastic in general. Here. Here's the other thing. There have been so many different times, and this is a rarity, so many different times when the media or the fan base has been more accurate, more on the ball, more understanding of what is necessary. Let's face it, and fans, I'll put you in I guess on the media hell I don't care if I'm the media or not the media. I don't give a fat crap. But let's just go ahead and lump us all together. Most of the time, we don't know Jack Squatt. Seriously, we don't know Jack Squat. We come on here, there he is. We come on here, and we have opinions, and we yip yap for three hours a day. But yeah, a lot of these things, we don't double back and say how wrong we were? Oh I do, I guess because you guys call me out. I have to own a lot of the things I'm wrong about. But so many times over the course of the past ten years, which coincides with Chris Ballard being here, so many times it seems like that the media and the fan base would be out in front of the thought process, the direction and the motivation of the team. That is pretty bad. And I'm talking about the team, I'm talking about the organization. I guess when you look at that in these terms, when they say, hey, if you start taking the advice of those sitting in the stands, you're going to find yourself sitting there. Well, you know, in this case, there are a lot of examples where you could have taken the advice of those sitting in the stands and maybe it would have worked out better. Yeah, there's no prize for that. We're not going to get a trophy. I'm not asking for a trophy or any admiration whatsoever. But I'm just going to tell you if there are reasons as to why this organization finds itself rotten with question marks and really a great deal of hope. I start basically every segment regarding the Colts when we get down into it and lock in and talk it up, is hey, I hope everything's going okay. Other teams say, yeah, we believe these are things positively and how they're going to go here. It's a when I cross my fingers, shut my eyes and hold on and hope this cannot be another example. It's one of those things where we talk about a lot of things as well over my years. I started doing it on my own back in two thousand and four in November, So you know, I fully understand that we talk about a lot of things in the preseason where it's absolute waste of time, effort, and certainly breath. Nothing ever comes to fruition. There are so many different players that we had tremendous dialogue about going back all these seasons and it didn't matter one ounce. I just happen to think this one is going to matter. And this has nothing to do with my feeling or guarding Ashton Doolan or Nick Kakeene Westbrook Akeene nothing. I didn't know DJ Montgomery. I'm sure he's just here to be a camp body. I just know this. At some point you have to significantly address the issue. And maybe it comes down to the veteran does not want to jack around with cam, he doesn't want to go to New England, he doesn't want to deal with joint practices. Whomever this might be, we're all just thinking is going to be a former connection to the head coach. I will say this, the head coach seemingly has something going on. Everybody loves the play calling ability. Everybody loves the play calling ability. Everybody loves the effect he had on Daniel Jones a year ago. Those are things that are true. But the other things that are also true is the fact that this team rarely stays healthy, is capable of staying healthy for a while, and then ultimately what happens You have to go down a different path or you feel like you're unprepared and you're always saying, well, you know, we just got bit by the injury bug. At some point in time, it's more about you than it is about everything else that happens. So I am I am a little bit surprised. I shouldn't be, but I am a little bit surprised that nothing has come about regarding this just yet. That we shall see, But I'm not so sure now. If you're asking me about the standouts from camp so far, I think the one thing that stands out to me. And we'll see when it gets real, when you're actually having guys try to track you down with bad intentions in mind, that'll change. But for right now, you're thinking about an injury and coming back from that, and how you've seen Daniel Jones and everybody describes Daniel Jones. That's great. On the other hand, I will also tell you this, I'm not really too fond of wanting to get into at all. For Anthony Richardson, we've known the outcome of this for a while, so what did anybody think that we were going with it? And it is weird. There is such an incredible combination, you know, I've explained you had all these cultivated WNBA slash basketball fans because the phenomenon of Caitlin Clark. It's not about the game, but everybody seemingly has either fallen in love. And then there's the other side, can't stand Caitlin Clark one of the most polarizing figures anywhere, not just in basketball, sure as hell, not just in the WNBA. But it seems like what this has done, it's cultivation so many non fans or people that didn't know or wouldn't really care or never watch basketball, and then it kind of vaulted them into they think they're like John Wooden juniors here and they really don't know they're asked from nothing. And there's a similar point to be made regarding the love affair with Anthony Richardson, because you only had a play here or there. Everything else was make believe everything else. You were thinking, Wow, you know, I'm a gamer, and I'm gonna get on my video game and I'm going to create a player and it's going to look exactly like this guy. There is no doubt if the looks told the story, this dude would be absolutely unstoppable. But the people that have held on to this dream that is about as far from reality as possible, or all those to me is that Generation Z or you Generation Z in there, Caleb, Is that you or you even.
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: And that's they they see something that I guess they have seen in a video game, you know, in the midst of their non dating nerdery, that they have cultivated into something that is that is not exactly real, and they've argued and argued and argued to no avail, and ultimately the player has to play, it has to show. So there's really not much more to talk about. It is just really weird how that was cultivated with Anthony Richardson, and how the phenomenon of Caitlin Clark cultivated former non basketball fans that all of a sudden became basketball genius. And here we are speaking of basketball genius. You guys want to get into this weekend of basketball genius. I am not, and I should be, because if we ever got together, we're very light minded thinkers. Now I'm assuming he's much smarter than me, but you know this to be true. I've never really been the biggest fan of Bill Simmons. And maybe you can find that clip of him talking about the WNBA, because a lot of what he has said about the WNBA are things that I have said about the WNBA. So we're I think we're light minded thinkers. He loves pop culture, that is great, but he also loves New England, and I think New England sucks, and not just the Patriots, but most of it. I think it sucks. And we all got kind of tired of hearing from Bill Simmons about the Patriots, and Bill, you know, when the flat Gate and all this stuff happened, we all got sick and tired of hearing that. And then he had Bill Simmons and the Celtics, and he gets sick and tired of hearing about that. Now, if the old school Celtics with Larry Bird, you never get tired of that. But he cultivated himself as not just a basketball guy, but then an all sports guy and then went over into pop culture. And we have similarities in that capacity. So you're right if you're saying you should really like him, because you guys are not equal in smarts, because I'm about as smart as this tabletop, but we are equal in terms of what we like, what we enjoy, whether it's sports, or entertainment or movies or television shows or music. We are certainly in that same category. He's just been widely, massively more successful than your good friends sitting right here and two thumbs up, like Fonzarelli to him for that. However, what he had to say about the WNBA, we'll get to coming up in a little bit, is is curate. They need new leadership. They do, And what I have said about the WNBA is I want it to be about basketball, and with this leadership, it's never going to be about basketball because it's not like anybody really rallies and then spotlights the talent they have, because there is talent there. Now it depends on you know, how you view you know, talent. If you look at the NBA and the WNBA, they're just simply put, there are massive differences in the talent. But in terms of basketball on whatever level, the WNBA has a ton of stars. Yet the only thing that you ever hear is pissing and moaning about the WNBA. Now, let's face it, the only thing you ever hear around here is pissing and moaning about the fever. And the fever. They don't handle it well either. They haven't yet the WNBA, And really that's where it starts. Your leader has to set the trend and the tone for everybody else, and in this case that has not happened. Thus you constantly find yourself I think Simmons referenced it as constantly stepping into bear traps. They just look unprepared. By now. You should have some sort of blueprint or game plan about how to handle it, and they don't act like that. They have the foggiest idea. And oftentimes the Fever have shown the same thing. And I have been a tremendous defender of Stephanie White from a coaching angle her coaching. Her coaching has been for the most part, other than stuff that you can go at and just be critical of because she's a coach in general. Anyway, to me, a lot of the short cummings that we see on the floor comes down to the players and what they do, the mistakes they make, the decision making, the lack of defense, the lack of rebounding, fouling too much, turning the ball over too much. That to me is well out of the control of the head coach. But here's what is at this point in time. If I'm Stephanie White, and I had to exit from social media because of all the jackassery. And I haven't heard her on with Jake. I know that she had a really nice relationship with Jake coming on all the time. I don't think we've heard her on Jake with Quarrying Company in a while. And there's reasons behind that, because you get tired of it and you just kind of you hunk her down, if you will, and you try to make everything as normal surrounding basketball as you can. And I thought Saturday afternoon after the player ejection and what took place in that win ninety eighty six over Chicago. So you had a player for the Sky that basically by the neck tackled Sophie Cunningham. That's really the only way you can put it. Dejane Carrington tackled by the neck Sophie Cunningham. And then you had a lot of the ESPN world coming to her defense and saying, well, look at the past, look how many plays she's made. It was nothing but a reckless and the only thing that could have come out of that there was going to be no defensive play made. It was going It was reckless and all it was going to do was injure somebody because one thing is she's not talented or athletic enough to do that. And that's why when you look around the WNBA, you rarely see block shots unless it's just a taller player standing up with her arms stretched out trying to block somebody down low, or you get a block from coming in from behind. Because the athleticism compared to the block shots that were used to seeing it that that's not part of their game. So the only outcome from that and that trackdown was going to be exactly what we saw, and it was malicious. I don't know about the whole want you guys, can the nerds all go with? Well, that was wind up there. It was just a reckless, dumb ass play. I don't know if that is in the Is that in the real book? Reckless and dumbass? That's what it was. That was a dumb ass play. And all you're going to accomplish you didn't, I mean, score it anyway. You're not going to accomplish getting anything done defensively. All you're going to do is compromise yourself and your team and then you're going to go into the locker room, and you're gonna send something out on Instagram and look like an even bigger dumbass. And then with that, you're gonna make your team and your league look like a bunch of dumbasses. That's all you're gonna do. That's all this is accomplished. And that's yet another reason why the WNBA needs new leadership and new guidance. But for Stephanie White, if I were her, and I know, nobody over there is listening, and nobody over there cares, And frankly, that's okay because it's not like you guys are providing a great deal of leadership in the first place. You are basically right there with the WNBA. So I'm just going to hand out this advice and if somebody hears it, so be it. If somebody does it, because you know how, I do defend Stephanie White as the coach, but as I defend her as a coach, she has to defend her players. These guys are all in the huddle together, and the only thing different in defensively looking at that malicious play is trying to figure out whether there was intent. Who cares? It was reckless and anybody can see that. But once you get around your team, that's who you're with, that's who's playing for you, that's who you're coaching, that's your family. You defend your family. You defend your family. I would expect that every single time, and I think you do it vehemently. You do it like I defend you as a coach when things don't work out, when you don't foul, when you're up three on a final play. You know, I defend the fact there wasn't enough time. I'll defend you as the coach. But you have to defend your team. And it was malicious and it was reckless, and that's all you need. I don't care about the brand of Sophie Cunningham. I don't care about the thoughts of white privilege after the game of Carrot, none of that matters. You defend, you huddle up, and you stay tight with your team. And the dialogue after that game on Saturday did not speak to the level in which it should have. And I'm not going to try to read the body language of the players, including Caitlin Clark up there. Somebody else can read the body language. I can just tell you you stay tight. That's not tight, and that's what's necessary. And if I'm Stephanie White, it really wouldn't matter to me. I'm getting it from every single direction. Had I said or taken my advice, if you're Stephanie White, she probably still would be slung with the era. It doesn't matter what she does. She's always going to be criticized. But you want to make sure everybody in that locker room, everybody in that huddle, is tight. And that wasn't great. I guess I don't understand what needs to be done. People say, well, they're not getting coached up enough, they're not getting guidance. My god, that's just sports. That's just sports. It's almostly. Can you imagine you imagine going all the way back to the eighties or stuff like this was commonplace. You know, one of the most noted plays in history was that playoff game with the Celtics and the Lakers when Kevin McHale closed line Kurt Rambus. That's exactly what it was. It was a closed line with a purpose, and even if there was not significant purpose behind it, right, it was again reckless, it was dangerous, and it was dealt with the way that it should have been dealt with. Just not by the fever head coach after the game. Can't be doing that stuff. There's zero way. And I had to watch the ESPN. I don't know whoever on the show. You could tell me, Caleb, who are the ones on the show? The WNBA show and they go back to a lot of these track down plays. Listen, this Carrington chick is not Lebron James. Okay, that stuff's not going to happen. There's zero way these women are going to be able to jump up and discard from the side every single time you're going to make contact, and that's dangerous. Contact has nothing to do with white privilege or now there's no privilege there it like, I'll get that was the easiest call the WNBA and the officials have made this season. Now rescinding the technical that Caitlin Clark was the second easiest, but that was the easiest. I don't even know why at disappoint in time with the rest of the league and everybody around it, and with all that's coming at her, I don't know why. Stephanie White, who was a fantastic player and a fantastic teammate, you got to get this thing tight, man. You're leaving loose ends on Saturday afternoon. You don't want that. That is the only way you get through again the world in which has been created by the fandom of Caitlin Clark and the focus on getting the responses that a lot of those media hijackers out there get off on. They see the response and they go with it. Otherwise they really don't care. I don't care anything about what happens in these games. You think Jason Whitlock's all of a sudden the big WNBA fit, Hell, no he's not. I mean, he gets response for whatever the hell he does right now. That's it. Nothing else. Otherwise he wouldn't care. And really, if that's what you do, I'm not blaming him, not blaming any of these guys for what they say. If you want to verbally grift and you know, take people with you, that's the time to do it. And certainly that is the subject matter to do it. But if you're the fever, you've got to tighten up and you've settled it. Kaitlin Clark says all the right things about being about basketball, and you just you got to be hardcore and say those are the types of plays that you absolutely have to eliminate that was so much more egregious than even the fist to the throat of the neck area of Kaitlyn Clark. You have to come out because nobody else cares about you. Everybody else out there. Once you can, everybody wants you can. I think I saw what's his name beckwith the Lieutenant governor. You think that dude's ever dribbled a basketball in his life? Hell no, his cheeks are way too rosy to be dribbling a basketball. There's zero way he's ever dribbled a basketball. Yet now he wants to fever coach fired. You guys don't need that. Just stay tight with your team. And that didn't get it done. And I will also tell you, even if it's something that you thought was to the detriment of the league, the hell with it. The league's discombobulated as hell. Worry about the people you're going to battle with. Don't worry about the people you're going to battle with and their thoughts or their brands. You coach them, you stay tight with them. I know it's easier said than done, but damn, so many years of hoop and not to recognize that is it's flabbergasting, it really is. So anyway, I know you don't listen over there. I know nobody over there has every been on the show, and that's okay. I don't really care. But my advice again, which you won't hear or you'll leave, is make sure that everybody in that line room and that huddle is on the same page with you, and you didn't do that. Stay tight, and there was zero defense of that defensive move of Carrington, even though you saw that from ESPN and others, and not a way in the world she's going to track down anybody from behind and block it from behind. And you're lucky the player. You're lucky. Sophie Cunningham in this case wasn't injured more than she was. That's a reckless play. You can't have that. Anybody that's ever played basketball understands it. Why don't they quick break? We'll come back from that on the other side too. We got Steven Holder is going to join us. We'll talk Colts in depth chart. You guys want to hear the first official depth chart of the twenty twenty six Colts Camp. You guys so excited, you just can't Where's Jesse Spano to sing some Pointer Sisters for us right here. I'm so excited, I just can't. I'm so excited. You know what I'm talking about. Say by the bell, Jesse spanno over there, call, come on now song.
Speaker 6: I know the song.
Speaker 2: She was taking speed so she could stay up and study. Zach Morris was the voice of reason. You can't sing tonight, Jesse, you're stoned so excited. We'll do that with Stephen coming up in the five o'clock hour. Is a mutual friend of ours coming on this show. Have I heard this? After four o'clock hour? He is?
Speaker 6: I mean, people will love to hear this story.
Speaker 2: You know. Now, I will say among those that are first in line to make fun of what they do all the time, that would be me. I can't say what I call them on the air whiffle blanks. Now I have an actually grind on it, because whenever the whiffle blanks end up whiffle blinking, I always get screwed. On a Sunday and we're not able to play. Nobody opens the gym, we can't play, so the whiffle blanks are whiffle blanking, and then I'm kind of stuck right, and by the way, shout out to Jason Wiseman injured. And then all these new dudes that showed up yesterday and played twelve strong when it was one hundred and five degrees in the Center Grove Central Gymnasium. It would have been an awesome morning had I not sucked. Other than that, it was just kind of halfway awesome because I got a good sweat knocked out about twelve hundred calories. Now, Brendan Dutas is the baseball coach at Southport. He is one of the more awesome dudes anybody out there will ever meet. And he is a member of the New York Green Apples Championship Wiffle blank team. I'm gonna have to say, whiffle blank. The entire time.
Speaker 6: Big League Whiffle champions is also excepted.
Speaker 2: But you can do what you want whiffle. Now we are going to joke. Look, because I watched these games. It was on the Oacho last week, right, Their championship game was on the Oacho, And did you see I sent a text and I said, hey, Dudas, go make some contact. These guys never make any contact. It's just to get up to the plate. And strike out.
Speaker 6: Well, you just ask him about this.
Speaker 2: These whiffleballs, these pitches they throw look like something out of a cartoon where it was like a courtscrew. So I was like, it starts out about twenty five feet in the left, it comes back in and hits the target, the New York Green apples. And he is a mutual friend of Caleb and I. His name is Brendan Dudas, and he was a part of that championship team and we are proud to have him. He's got actually a field. Have you seen the dirt yard before social media?
Speaker 6: I need to get there a person, though.
Speaker 2: He's got the dirt yard down there. The whiffle blanks. See if you can guess what I call the whiffle blanks. Yeah, I can guess I Yes, have you heard me put it in there before? Yes, Hey, it looks like we're getting whiffle blank.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Dudeas is awesome. Though, dude's going to join us at the four o'clock hour. All right, quick break, we'll come back. Now. You can find us anywhere stream app, HD radio. Now you can watch us Speccoli right here, rock in the Vans T shirt. Got a lot more for you. On what is going to be a spectacular week and where you can join me out of the road. I'll explain coming up, Stay right there. Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan. Here's a weather update.
Speaker 4: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding you think I'd joined this crummy snabbatorium? What his whole place sucks? That's right, it sucks.
Speaker 4: Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 7: Instead, it's all this discourse stuff and they're just stepping in bear traps left and right because they have no adults in charge of the league. Finals are going to be on two different channels depending.
Speaker 6: On the game.
Speaker 7: How stupid and desperate for money do you have to be to agree to that? They by far have the best collection of players that I think they've had. I don't know anybody who thinks they're well run. So they have to fix this, and I hope they do.
Speaker 2: But we're always thrust into just a complete level of jack assery. It drives your nuts, and then we're going to go into a realm right now too, where you're going to be out of side, out of mind when football takes over. Yet, good luck. I don't care how robust the globe is with Caitlin Clark fans, it'll all go away, poof gone. Take advantage of it when you can, And the same can be said for Stephanie one. You got to take advantage of it when you can. That's an easy call. As a leader of the team, reckless around the neck. You don't have to say, well, look, got see it purposely and all because of what's being said, and none of you can just say that is the stuff you have to eliminate. That's like the fist of the throat of Kaitlin Clark, and that's how you further galvanize your group. But instead, I don't know about the inner workings in the locker room, but I mean, hell, if you're a player on that, you don't want to hear that. And then you're constantly trying to tell them to do stuff that they don't look capable of doing, playing defense often and you're trying to compel them to play defense. And then you're going out there, we gotta play defense. You're gonna be and they're gonna go, oh, all right, so great. It's got to be about all you. That's all you really have left at this point. Got to be about you guys, your team in that huddle, and that wasn't on Saturday. And I have been a defender like I get, and I love Jennifer right here too. I will always love Jennifer. But we're gonna disagree on the coaching angle about you know, the defense, and there's no defense of the way that she's coaching when they lose. Her coaching is far less egregious than their execution on the floor. That's their fault, that's the player's fault. The players can own some stuff. It'd be nice if players would own some stuff. And I know in the moment, you may not want to. And you know, the Carrington girl goes into the I'm mad you know you own some stuff? Yeah, that was me in a big time jackass moment. Look how stupid I look. And then the WNBA needs to probably set her down. Be nice that the players would own some stuff. See, because the players own some stuff. And I think Kayln Clark does a good job of that too. That Kaitlin Clark doesn't leave her her coach could be on the hook for the reason why they don't get better defensively, or they turn it over too much, or you know why do you leave teams hanging around that are far less talented than you and you get well, you know they're coaching, but instead, you know, Caitlyn Clark always takes ownership because she is about the ball that's taking place on the floor. That was an easy call for a coach to say, Yeah, that's egregious, that's reckless and absolutely can never happen. That's all you have to say. Defend your players. I would say that even if you don't like them, defend them. I don't know, but even if you don't like him, defend them. Are you not healthy together? Defend him on the floor actions. You know, we still to this day, right and I'm not alone in this cat. We'll still to this day. There was no more egregious act that submarined a championship season than Meta World Peace. We'ren our test here, and look how we act toward him. There's nobody that more submarine the last however many years, when he retired two weeks before the start of the season, than Andrew Luck. And this is not me, but look how most people will treat him. And we're not even talking about people in the locker room or people on the huddle. Your coach has to go to bat, has to stay strong with the players. I'm not even gonna say you missed an opportunity. It wasn't an opportunity that was easy. It was easy. Forearm around the neck, reckless behavior. You have to do that. That, to me, again, is far more egregious than why she can't get to her team to play defense. Well, her team basically goes one step left and one step right defensively, and that's about it. So I don't know if maybe she can get out there and push him, but other than that, probably not. But she certainly could have helped her team herself with that and didn't. This date back in nineteen eighty four significant for what Well, for one, it being an awesome summer, the US men's basketball team one gold in these summer Olympics. Does mull ever talk that up the legend of that nineteen eighty four US Olympic basketball team.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he's touched on it.
Speaker 2: Big Mo, by the way, is Caleb's dad. And I met Big Mo and Betsy over the weekend. I love your parents, I love your people.
Speaker 6: Good people.
Speaker 2: That was even they didn't come over to the barbecue.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, that was Jordan's he was in those Olympics, correct, Yes.
Speaker 2: The most significant thing about the team photograph, you know, besides the fact that you have Bob Knight, the late great Hall of Fame coach. There's Tim Garl right there, the AU trainer. There's Steve Offered from Newcastle. He's right there in the picture bottom left. Most significant thing that I've always wondered what happened and why they didn't send a different picture out. You ever noticed I think it was Alvin Robertson in the bottom row. It looks like he's side eyeing Jordan, like Jordan's in the middle, and I think that's Alvin Robertson next to him, and it's Alvin Robertson that is looking They they probably should have gone with a different print. Yeah, right there. It's like they was taken it in the sixties and you had like one opportunity to get it and if you screwed it up, like leave it to beaver or something, that it was going to be forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they they've always left that picture in there of him looking to his right and it looks like he's side eyeing Michael Jordan. You see that. I do. It's always been weird to me. I've never been able to get past that. I love watching that team though. That was fun. I look back on it too, just in general terms, the summer of nineteen eighty four was fun for me. Good times. So yeah, Anthony Richardson and now everybody that you know wants some hits is going to explain what he did it. Just like I said, the only people that truly ever felt this was what clearly it was would be I think those of the Caleb generation Z and most will point to subbing himself out what back in what season was? Was that Wendy something was two years ago?
Speaker 6: Two years ago? Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't even look at it as that. I just think when your accuracy is that you can just kind of tell.
Speaker 5: But don't you do you think John that like, and I know this has been talked about at length on this station, but don't you think that that is such a microcosm of like, you took this guy that was inexperienced and then he was so naive in that moment that he didn't know it was not okay to not only just tap out, but then and afterwards admit it. Like to me, it's such an embodiment of the whole experience.
Speaker 2: You know, I think the biggest role at all this is and I know a lot of people also get bent out of shape of this. And this is why when people ask is Andrew Luck going to go in the Ring of Honor? I would suggest certainly not until they win something of significance, because that started all of this. Well, he had every right to do it. Yeah, he had every right to do it. But Peyton Manning has said this before. If you're in it in the spring of that year, you're sure as hell in it, unless you're injured and compromised in the August of that year. If you're the most important position played on the team in sports man, that started all of it. That's why when people ask about the Ring of Honor, I can't imagine because you're going to get halfway booed. And I know a lot of stances have softened, but just know this to be true. I mean, if you don't believe what I've said by now about all this, then you're never gonna But just take my word for it. It would not be great. This is not going This would not be the all great come together that some people would like to suggest it to be just continue to do what you do and then one of these days when you win something of significance, and maybe your generation is a lot older and old asses like me are no longer with it or capable of understanding what the hell's going on in general, then do it right. But right now it would not be good, zero goodness out of it, Dudas Top of the Hour, Right man, Brendan Dude is one of the great dudes out there. Is the Southport baseball coach, and he was a member of the championship New York Green Apples. Correct, These guys actually signed contracts and stuff too. Pretty cool, Dudas. Top of the Hour. Stephen Holder coming up in the five o'clock hour, got a lot more for you too, and more about the fever by the way back on her her being Kaitlin Clark technical rescinded. So it is all and it should have been too. That was the two easiest calls to make over the course of that game was afterwards making sure that that team didn't count, and then obviously during the game, tossing the player with the clothes line. Can't close line. People in basketball jackasses come on has nothing to do with anything privilege. It has everything to do with you being a reckless jackass. I don't think that's a privilege, although I will say this, sometimes you look around this world, there are a lot of them out there, reckless jack assery. It appears to be there's some sort of privilege because it is all too familiar, all too common. It's wondering three one's seven, two, three, nine, ten seven. You can do the phones, you can do the tech stream. I'm flexible. Ninety three five, one oh seven five the fan, the ride with JMV.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Where'd you just said?
Speaker 4: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan?
Speaker 1: Do you to?
Speaker 8: I still don't know how you got this Texas kid up to West Lafaette, Indiana. But it was certainly one of the best decisions I ever made, Sorry Boom. I chose p due because of its academic reputation and the opportunity to play in the Big Ten Conference. Little did I know I would leave four years later with one of the most respective degrees in the country, a Big Ten championship, the love of my life, and an opportunity to live out my childhood dream being a professional athlete.
Speaker 2: Did he also pee in the boiler room at the Skullhouse while in West Lafayette? Anybody ever do that? Ever go to the Skullhouse for a party in West Lafatte by the way, that's Drew Brees ever go to the Skullhouse for a party in West Lafayette? Who out there? Pete in the boiler room? Pete in the boiler room a number of times?
Speaker 6: That should have made the speech, John, I know, are right.
Speaker 2: You should have mentioned that love of my life and Pete in the boiler room while in West Lafayette. Drew Brees right there? Cool as hell. NBA schedule later on this week made official. Yes, yeah, I'm waiting for that Cacer's nix on Christmas Day on We're gonna see if it was it Austin Craft No, Dad Bod Sports. We're gonna see if dadod Sports was accurate. Who agrees with the Pacers and the Knicks opening up Christmas Day NBA activity in Madison Square Garden? Will that happen? Will Dad Bod Sports be best?
Speaker 6: At another one, there was another guy we were dang it.
Speaker 2: That was Rooster Rooster. Rooster Rooster and Dad bots I think Rooster got this from dad Bod Sports, though there is no other authority necessary after dad Bod Sports. So what's the day when the schedule is official?
Speaker 6: They haven't really said.
Speaker 5: What I think they're going to do with this, John is they're going to trickle out the National TV games, the Christmas Day games, maybe some Martin Luther King Day games, and they're like all that throughout the week and then maybe by the end of the week it probably the full schedule gets released.
Speaker 6: That's how I'd imagine it going.
Speaker 2: Dad Bod Sports. So who's what be on this Pacers Knicks to start things off on Christmas Day? Do we have any poll? We're gonna tell you what we'll do. I'll just I'll do a text line poll three one, seven, two, three, nine, ten seventy yes or no on the Pacers and the Knicks Christmas Day to lead we have to have it accurate for dad bot Sports. Our guy Dudas is going to join us. On the other side. I'm excited Southport baseball coach and he is one of the Whiffle Blanks and a friend of his show and a friend of ours. Brenda Dudas, Steven Holder, you and I for the next two hours. My advice don't go anywhere. This blank only gets better. Ninety three to five and one oh seven five The Fan, The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 4: I love winning, man, I love winning.
Speaker 1: You hear what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He's like losing that he three five and one oh seven five The Fan It harsh.
Speaker 9: And Rose co founded the Atlas water bottle brand with his friend Reed Wlimart played a Boulders Bapples Your big League Griffe the Gold Champions Will Smithy, No, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That Green Apples a win on the Old show The Call from Last Friday. And you know the greatness of something when it is the lead into the dunk tossing, the dunk Tossing. I don't know if anybody watched dunk Tossing last week, but uh, it was outstanding. So Brendan, I always want to call him Dudas, so it's going to be tough for me to call him by his first name. Brendan Dudas, who was a part of the Green Apples, joins us in a second, Hey quickly. Keith Morland, the former Major leaguer, is doing the Southwest Regional Championship game with Louisiana and in West Texas. He was a big fan of Keith Morland. And I know this speaks to a lot of Cubs fans, which obviously I am not. Certainly the Cubs and the Phillies most noted, but I like Keith Morland back of the day doing this Southwest Region Championship Little League World Series tilt between Louisiana and Texas West. Right now, Dudas ready on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. I'm going to have to apologize beforehand. There's zero away I'm going to be able to reference him by his first name because I just call him Dudas. Brendan Dudas, who is the baseball coach at Southport High School, is a part of the New York Green Apples in the Big League whiff A Ball World Series champions and he's a friend of ours kind of enough to join us on the Andy More Automotive Group potline. Dudas, what's up with you?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 10: John?
Speaker 1: How are you? Man?
Speaker 2: Are you back from wherever you flew to over the weekend and screwed us over and didn't open up even though we had to find someplace olf to open up, dude.
Speaker 11: Listen, last three or four days have been an absolute whirlwind. You know, back from Orlando, then immediately on the road to Michigan for a wedding, and then so Sunday morning, I'm in Michigan and driving back from there.
Speaker 2: But I'm finally back home the wedding. Oh you got dragged to a wedding? Now, was it your friend or your wife's?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was It was my cousin. So I was the one doing the dragging, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So so she probably didn't want to go in this case, right, and you made her go?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 11: It was a you know, it was a family member that we needed to catch up with and it was a great time.
Speaker 2: Switzerland is Brendan Dudis right here on the Andy Moore I Motive Group potlight. Hey, tell folks about this because we were privy to it watching it on Friday. You guys, the Green Apples get the championship win. This is big league whiffle ball. And around here there are some notables. And it really all began in your backyard. They're off of Eppler on the south side, didn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So, I mean I went to the University of Minneapolis and played baseball there and I had started this league in my dorm room as a freshman there, but had been playing competitive wiffle ball for a while before that and got some of my teammates to come out for a tournament one day and they all got hooked and from there.
Speaker 1: This thing really took off. So this is Circle City.
Speaker 11: Whiffle, which is a local league like you mentioned here on the South Side, and from there, like I said, we really rose to prominence and have since won like three national championships with that league, and we travel all around the country playing with Circle City Whiffle, which kind of led in to us being invited to be some one of the inaugural teams for Big League Wiffle, the first professional whiffleball league of its kind.
Speaker 2: So ever, Yeah, it is amazing, and I want to get back to the roots because you have an incredibly unique field, a whif football field, and really it's every dude's growing up dream, and really when you get older, it's your dream too to have your very own wiffle ball field in your backyard. And that's exactly what you put together. It's called the dirt yard.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's really what we made our name on. I mean before we were actually good at wiffleball. We had I would call one of the world's best wiffleball fields, especially considering it's in a backyard, which is where whiffleball is meant to be played.
Speaker 1: It's all thanks to Mike Speak and Americ Fence.
Speaker 11: He you know, he joined the league back in twenty eighteen and was like, dude, this, I really want to take this to the next level. And I was like, what do you mean by that, Mike, And he sent me the drawing of this stadium built out of cedar, with lights and party decks and all this stuff, and.
Speaker 1: Brought it to life.
Speaker 11: And so the dirt yard has, you know, taken on a life of its own, and you know, I think even exists on a stage by itself, you know, separate from Circle City Whiffle and being its own famous entities. So really blessed and grateful to have that, and honestly for amazing parents to let that party go down in the backyard every single week of the summer.
Speaker 2: Had no doubt about that. Brendan Dudas, also the baseball coach at south Ford and educator at south Ford High School, is on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline with us. How many years did it take to get you know, obviously started at the dirt yard in Circle City and then to see you know, this transpire with Big League whiffle ball. How many years was that?
Speaker 1: Well, we started the league, it's been over a decade now.
Speaker 11: Freshman year in my dorm, traveled to our first national tournament back in twenty sixteen and got throttled like thirty to nothing in our first game, and I was like, dude, you know what am I getting myself into? And from there it was just sort of kind of building on that and adding players and getting you know, competitive guys out to the field to give it a shot. And you know, once those you indie guys jumped on board, Will Smithie, Dylan Jones, Reed Werner, Mike Whitty, we really took off as a league. And since you know, twenty twenty twenty twenty one, we have been I would say, one of the best leagues in the entire country, which you know, gave us the notoriety that allowed them to invite us out to be part of this big league wiffle venture.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, and I know that there have been stories written before from the store. I know Doyle came down and did a story on you guys. I know Derek Schultz has been down. I think he did something live with Greg's Network as well once upon a time. So you've certainly had the notoriety. But did you ever think that it was going to take you. I thought it was cool as hell watching you and guys from around here play on ESPN two. They called it the Ohow on Friday, but it was ESPN two the entire day. That was awesome to watch you guys do that and fun as hell, dude.
Speaker 11: Just I mean, surreal, is what I keep saying. What I keep telling people, like looking around and signing autographs and seeing that people are showing up to watch us.
Speaker 1: Like you said, I mean, it's a childhood dream.
Speaker 11: And I always, like, you know, growing up, I practice my signature and all this kind of thinking one day I'd be a major League baseball player.
Speaker 1: And it's just funny where life takes you.
Speaker 11: And it turns out I'm signing a bunch of autographs on plastic whiffleballs instead of leather baseballs.
Speaker 1: But it has just been surreal.
Speaker 11: It's like a dream kind of still waiting to wake up from. But I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.
Speaker 2: Well, we say this all the time. You're one of the best dudes around. And even though there are times when I reference it as whiffle blanking and things like that, it's always with love and only in Jess, because I know how much hard work you put into it and to see all this come to fruition and really evolve into what it is, you know, it has to be surreal for you in that respect too, And you know what, you get to do something and rarely is that the case where you can have a hell of a lot of fun while you're doing it makes it worthwhile?
Speaker 11: Goodness, Yeah, I mean a lot of times you throw around the phrase professional and that can tend to you know, ruin and experience ruin a hobby or whatever once you start getting paid to do it. I think what makes the Green Apples special our group, which is we've all have a storied background together being part of you know, one organization, but we have a ton of fun and we interact with the fans, and we dance and we do stupid stuff out there on the field and really just got to continue to remember the roots of this, which is at the child's game and we're out here getting paid to play it, and we got to remember to have fun and enjoy the moment.
Speaker 2: So those out there that aren't privy, you guys use the old school wiffle balls. Now, when we played wiffleball, we modified a lot of things, from you know, the fields, to the bats, to the strike zones. You know, we put kegs out on second base and things. We all did that certainly growing up. But what are the rules to big league whiffle that you want to World championship last week?
Speaker 11: As as Faro, Yeah, so I think what made the Circle City whiffle guys so dangerous is that Big League Wiffle and Circle City both use the skinny yellow bat, so the whiffleball bat that everybody's used to. Now, where Big League whiffle differs is that they allow altering of the whiffle ball. And so what guys will do is take like a steak knife, a really sharp knife, and carve lines on the whole side of the ball which cause it.
Speaker 1: Whenever you see a video of the ball breaking.
Speaker 11: Like crazy, typically that's an altered whiffle ball. And so forty two feet pitching different distance seventy five mile per hour cap but seventy five from forty two. It's getting on you. It feels like one hundred right right, And not to mention it's breaking as much.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a cartoon. It's like a quark scrawl coming at you.
Speaker 1: Man, good luck, sound effects and all.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you got to kind of guess and hope you guess right. And it's difficult. But the similarities between Big League Whiffle and Circle City Whiffle is sort of what allowed us to be so successful. The fielding aspect, which I kind of have made my name on, and then the base running aspect. Linda hand for there to be you know, some strategies, some IQ and play, and then some athleticism are well as well. And I know our group is old. You know, we're the dads of the league, but we are still a very athletic bunch that pride ourselves on that facet of the game.
Speaker 2: That is it's awesome too. I I when I was watching there's there's a lot of it. I didn't understand it until I watched it. But I was joking to you before it started. I said, let's go do this, make some contact. And I was being serious because it's difficult as hell to make contact doing that.
Speaker 11: If you know, if you noticed, I was only playing defense in the championship because I think I had an eight at bat streak of strikeouts leading leading into that game.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna mention you DH four or something. I'm not mentioning that on this show, Buddy, come on.
Speaker 11: So SO had to turn the focus to making some highlight reel plays.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad.
Speaker 11: I'm glad the final ball came to me and I got to show off a little bit there hopefully results in BLW Gold Glove Award. But man, the other guy stepped up, especially Will Smithy, who is being called, you know, probably the best football player on the planet now.
Speaker 1: And he's a Center Grove graduate.
Speaker 2: Is he Oh, he went to he went to see g IW. He's from Greenwood. I did not know he went to Santa Grove. Is he up on the Hall of Fame wall that I'll walk through all the.
Speaker 11: Time, I believe, so I want to say he was he was all state and baseball.
Speaker 1: He'll he'll know, and I'm sure he's gonna get mad at me.
Speaker 2: One of these days. Is to give us a picture. We're gonna put Brandon Ray's photo up there too. We'll let's put his up there at some point, We're just going to walk through and just put it up there.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so yeah, the Green Apples have a couple of indie guys. So Will is from Center Grove and then Reed Warner graduated from Greenwood High School, Okay, and then the Naturals, which is owned by Kevin Costner, is the team that Mike Whitty plays on, and Whitty graduated from l n UP on the North Side.
Speaker 2: Now, is that is that the Mic to plays hoop with us?
Speaker 1: That's him?
Speaker 2: That's him?
Speaker 1: Unbelievable?
Speaker 2: What is so? What Mike that plays basketball with us at South I don't think Cale's played with Mike before, has he? Because Mike, Mike's one of those that may end up getting taken off the list because we never see his ass.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we don't see him. But let me tell you about Mike man. He this league nerved him a little bit. Seventy five mile per hour pitch limit was no good for Mike. But Mike can throw a whiffleball one hundred and six miles per hour on the radar he can, which makes him one of the most special pitchers in the entire world.
Speaker 2: He's awesome, So he was, so he played. He plays for a team owned by actor Kevin Costner.
Speaker 1: Correct by Kevin Costner.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so that's kind of the cool thing about Big League Whiffle is there's some really big time owners. Like the Green Apples are owned by Gary viner Chuck. The Atlanta Ballers are owned by Julio Jones and Nelly, which is pretty cool. Dude Perfect owns the Dallas Pandas it's it's just a whole list of really cool people and they show up to games. They come and they sit in the owner suite and it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's great. Brenda Dudas of south Ford High School. He is the baseball coach and the educator and a friend of ours. He's a member of the New York Green Apples Big League Whiffle, the world champions as of last week, and Dudas is on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. We'll tell the folks out there, this is a deal where you actually sign contracts and get paid too.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I am I'm on one of the middle tiers I make. You know, I signed a two year deal and I make about a coaching stipend per year, which is pretty cool. And there's some guys that make a little more than me. Will smithe included, and then you know everywhere in between. So everybody in the league is on one to three year deals, which is, you know, really cool to be able to say about whiffleball. And then once that deal expires, you become a free agent. You're subject to trading, you know, being traded at any point during your contract. And you know, these are owners are really taking it seriously, which I think speaks to sort of the rise of all sports like pickleball, darts, cornhole, whiffleball is trying to carve out it's it's kind of segment in that market.
Speaker 2: So Brendon Dudis is with us. You mentioned there are two other dudes. Reid Warner is one from Greenwood. I think does he work at Lily? Did I see that accurately? That was on the screen? Is that where he works?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: I I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's I took it. I took a guess that he went to Ron Colly, but he went to Greenwood. High school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a Greenwood. Okay, we all went to U Indy together.
Speaker 2: I thought anybody thought the last name of Warner ended up going to Ron Colly in high school. But I guess I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Warners, the Warner's the guy.
Speaker 11: If you've seen his picture, he looks exactly like Adam Driver Kylo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Really hard to miss. Yeah, I think he gets that comparison all the time.
Speaker 2: Now, how'd you guys all? Because you got you got a couple that are from Saint Louis, one from the one those like Blake Mental is from Minnesota, and I mean, you guys are kind of all over the map there a little bit. How'd you guys? You guys, they just all pick you from a pool of layers? Is that? And how that happens?
Speaker 11: So now that's where the background comes into play. So we're all part of and care deeply about this National Whiffle League Association, which is Clean Ball, Yellow Bat, and it's actually where we're heading this coming weekend in Saint Louis to play that tournament. And the premise behind this is that you know, you take an all star team from your league.
Speaker 1: And you go to this tournament and compete to.
Speaker 11: Call yourself the you know, the national champion. We've won this tournament three times. The two Skibby's, the brother brothers, are longtime yellow bat players and then the left lefty, Tyler Flackney is another one that's played yellow bat forever. Soone we put this team together and they announced the rules, you know, yellow bat, base running, fielding. The Green Apples shot up the power rankings as a team that had a ton of experience playing this style, and we really felt like our chances of winning the title were strong and went out there and put our you know, put our money where our mouth was.
Speaker 2: So who's the governing body of this and do they encourage kind of out outrageous fun behavior.
Speaker 11: I would there's probably really no governing bodies, Okay, cool, that's run.
Speaker 1: By the players. Yeah. I think that's what's unique about whippleball is like from league to league, the rules are.
Speaker 11: So different and the styles are so different, and that's why we try to get out there and play as many different styles as possible, from unlimited pitch speed to lob ball and everywhere in between. So I do think like the teams that are able to go out and have fun and not take themselves so seriously end up lasting longer and having more success because of it, because otherwise you're going to burn out and you know, lose your cool over it.
Speaker 2: Well, and then the other thing that and that's the one thing I didn't notice because there was a lot of jumping around and excitement, but it seemed like that both teams were all kind of cool with everything. There was no jack assery if you will going on there.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, and I can't say that that's the case all the time, Like there are games that definitely get pretty intent, and you know, we handle it on the field. There's typically never umpires out there, so you have to make calls yourself, and that leads to arguments, and it's I mean the same thing as open gym.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, well, I mean, can you imagine if Michael Landis were out there with you guys, it'd be an argument every.
Speaker 11: Pitch exactly, and then you know, after the game, you squashed it until until we play ball game again.
Speaker 1: So we're all, you know, we're all grown ups about it.
Speaker 2: Man. I love it, though, I I I'm really happy for you. I am, and I want to I'm going to tell folks out there that. Yeah, I know a lot because you went to U India and obviously your your circle is rather large, especially you know, high school Southport being a baseball coach. But hell of a dude right there. Man, I'm so happy for you. And the one thing I know about dude is is you work your ass off, whether it's wiffle ball, educating, you know, baseball coaching at Southport, or a big ass boulder in your front yard too. So that also made some news. Now you're a Southsider and I'd like drove by to see you. I probably like Elvis stalking, but I wanted to see this big ass boulder in your front yard that gained notoriety a couple of years ago, did it not.
Speaker 1: Massive? Yeah?
Speaker 11: So we're just over a year removed from me finding a boulder in the side of my yard and digging it up and eventually involving a crane that came out and pulled this boulder out in epic fashion, and it turned into this entire boulder saga. And now if you're on social media, there's four or five guys also digging boulders out of their yards. But I mean, we're talking like one hundred million views total across a couple different videos and kind of launched me into this like unintentional content creator, influencer lifestyle. Yeah, you know, I was like, well, shoot, I got three hundred thousand followers across the four social media pages. I guess I got to start making videos. And you know, that's what I've done and sort of the premise behind my online personalities just work your ass off, right, work as hard.
Speaker 1: As you can, you do grind.
Speaker 11: And if you can't figure something out, you don't know how to do it, then then go figure it out, you know, try it, fail and try again.
Speaker 1: So I think, you know, and then I had Oliver.
Speaker 11: We had Oliver two and a half years ago, my son, And really it all just comes down to just I'm hoping my boys, my students, my players all see, you know, what a grinder I am, and they see that how much you can accomplish and what good things come your way if you just refuse to quit.
Speaker 1: And so that's kind of my story.
Speaker 2: I tell people this all the time, and then I think they kind of look at me as a jackass and disregard anything I say. Most of the time. Dude, it's but I say, this is the type of leader that you want in education and in sports in Indiana, for youth sports and education, You're it. You're like, you know, people all the time kind of cuss about the younger generation, but you're exactly what all of us old schoolers talk about, what we went through and what is necessary today. You are perfect for that mold too. And I try to tell everybody that that may not know you, because a lot of people do know you, But I try to tell everybody that because your role and what you do is perfect as an educator and a coach and just a good overall dude. That's what people are looking for.
Speaker 1: Thank you, John, You know, I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: I feel like I'm like getting to that crossroads in my career trying to figure out exactly where to take that role and where I'm best you know, where I'm best served in terms of you know, being a leader and stuff like that, and so just still trying to figure stuff out like that. But you know, people like you saying things like that really means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The motivation, It's not like you need my motivation or you know the motivation of the friends around you that we see all the time to tell you this, but you just you show what you do now. I did want to ask you about the boulder that people think that was like the movie in Sino Man. What was the big trendy thing behind the boulder in your front yard?
Speaker 11: So it's like and Sino Man came up so many times in the comment section.
Speaker 1: I've never seen this movie and I had to look it up and I.
Speaker 11: Was like, oh yeah, So between in Sino Man, I mean tons of conspiracy theories, dinosaur, a, a ufo, you name it. Just I feel like the comment section kind of brought together like a couple of corners of the Internet that all sort of started arguing about it, calling me an idiot, what what a waste of time and money, telling me what to do with it, telling me how dumb.
Speaker 1: I was for trying certain things.
Speaker 11: Uh. And it was just a perfect storm of a comment section in terms of, you know, people feeling like they wanted to put their input in there, and that's what I think ultimately led to it taking off the way it did.
Speaker 2: So is that what kind of is it igneous or sedimentary? I know it's not volcanic, What kind of rock is it?
Speaker 1: So now you're.
Speaker 2: Ever learned in earth science, is like a lava rock. I don't think that's what was sitting in is volcanics, lava rock, there's a word for it, Runny, go ahead, just help us here.
Speaker 1: And so you're onto something. It's some sort of granite, right.
Speaker 2: I said, sedimentary or igneous. I thought that's like too, I remember, yeah, But what.
Speaker 11: I do know about this is being where we are, it's probably a glacial erratic, right, So the glaciers passed over this area when they you know, started to melt and formed lakes and stuff, and sometimes the rocks were stuck inside there and they just dropped them off. And that's really the only way to explain a ten thousand pound rock sitting in my yard here, Indiana. But yeah, it's like it's a few different types. But I think it's a form of granite and it's got you know, a bunch of different rocks kind of smashed together, and it's pretty then cool. It's a piece of history, for sure, it is. And it's a conversation.
Speaker 2: Piece, tremendous. I think it's about the same age as good Haul down there at you, Indy, Isn't.
Speaker 1: It something like that? A couple of years, give me you.
Speaker 2: Brenda Dudas of Southport and Big League with when DoD you guys back at it again with the Green Apples.
Speaker 11: So Green Apples get back out there in October. So we're done with the regular season, which is a certain rule set.
Speaker 1: And then what picks up from.
Speaker 11: October to you know, early spring is the offseason tournament circuit, so we travel to places like Scottsdale, Arizona's, Saint Louis, Dallas and a few other cities will probably put on the schedule and just sort of do like a tour, so to speak.
Speaker 1: So get a few weeks off of that.
Speaker 11: But now we're focused on Circle City with Fule and hopefully going and winning our fourth and record setting national title with Circle City.
Speaker 2: So I also gather that you will be unavailable for Sunday.
Speaker 1: You've gathered that correctly.
Speaker 2: Hey, I tell you what we had twelve yesterday and then the old guy Landis was trying to shut us down, being out guy at seven o'clock on Saturday night. We still cobble together. Well, we've got some dudes at one in. We got some players that want in on the thread. Here.
Speaker 11: The group we got we got to get them in, man, telling me a good group. Let's just say, if you see me on Sunday, I will not be a very happy person because that means we we lost a lot of games on Saturday that we shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: So if all goes well, you will not see me on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say this. I'm a very good motivator. I'm motivated Jason Wiseman to open up yesterday after Kevin Julian took out five gallons of fluid from his swollen knee. So if I can do that, I think I can motivate anybody to get at you.
Speaker 11: Listen, man, when when the consequence is that JMV gets on air and drags your name to the public, and your boss has come to you and say, dude, this, why is J ANDV talking so much crap about you? Then you tend to get the keys and open up the gym.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yes, that doesn't break the backboard either, That's exactly it. Hey, buddy, we're proud of you. You're great dude, great friend. And we loved watching last week The New York Green Apples, And thanks for telling the story. Man, it's very interesting. I appreciate you more than you know and maybe maybe we see you coming up on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, John, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 2: You got that. Brendan Dudis right there Southport High School baseball coach. He's an educator and if you could not tell that is Caleb can a test to this. A fantastic dude.
Speaker 6: He's awesome man.
Speaker 5: So blessed in my year here living in India to cross paths with him.
Speaker 6: He's so cool.
Speaker 2: He is a great guy. And we got to drag around Mike Landis too for the better part of twenty minutes, which always makes me happy.
Speaker 6: The group chat's loving it out.
Speaker 2: Why don't your guys just cancel? It's seven o'clock and you don't have enough? Yeah, man, I wish you guys. See here's the other thing too. You know how many people I hear from on social media all the time that want to be a part of this too. Sometimes you're going to have to replace. I mean, Dormelio is one thing, because he's injured. I don't know about Landis man, and I made Jason Wiseman come in. They literally drained Kevin Julian the orthopedic surgeon drained about three gallons out of his knee the day prior, and he still came in and opened up. Well done. We got to ask some ballsy dudes out there. Let me tell you now, quick break will come back. That is our good friend Brendan. Do this right there and you could tell uh, fantastic dude, Southport baseball coach, educator Big Boulder in his front yard on the south side, massive influencer. I did not know he had all those followers social media wise, and most importantly a really good dude and friend of ours. All right, quick break will come back. Stephen Holder is going to join us at the top of the hour. You guys feel like you need a weather update, We got it for you.
Speaker 4: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 2: You guys can stick that too. Seriously, you guys want to stick that stick that one where the sun don't shine that.
Speaker 4: He three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 2: The Green Apples and our good friend Brendan Dudas of south Ford. So you see Weiseman mentioned this in our text group. He said, hey Dudas, when did the Green Apples play again? Aka? When are you going to be unable to open the GM. That's that's exactly right. Wiseman's got to do it again on Sunday.
Speaker 12: And if you were listening to JFV to his live read, and that's why I was laughing right there, cracking up back here about that, because that is so funny.
Speaker 6: It's so true.
Speaker 2: I know what, and you know you would think that I would want to I I played my last five times. I've been horrible five times in a row now, so I probably need to rest. But we got to go so and then think about it too, because of the green apples and that success and the dudas has been gone. And then I mentioned Wiseman got injured because he played at the ARC and that thing, that tournament and then had like three gallons of fluid taken off his knee. But he's still opened up. Yesterday, good group yesterday though. Caleb, And the one thing we know, Caleb producing the show. He's going to be everywhere I go to play, and there's no wiggle room around that. He goes. I don't even ask you anymore. I just go, yeah, we got two here.
Speaker 6: What you're doing? The free throw thing coming up.
Speaker 2: Right, I gotta do that coming up on Saturday. So yeah, they're having games out there at the State Fair. This is from eleven into one. And during the halftime of these games, I have a free throw shooting contest and my sites are bent right now, so I got to find Speaking of groove, I've got to fight a little bit of groove here to that my sights. You should my sites are bent, and you could tell, folks, I loved it yesterday, even though I sucked that it was about one hundred and five degrees in that gym.
Speaker 6: Can you can you take the audience?
Speaker 2: I love it, and it explained why you love a hot gym more I love anybody I've ever met. I want I always feel that when you're playing something that you have to sweat profusely, and in the winter time most other times of the year, I've got to wear long sleeve shirts and all that crap. And I want to play someplace where you go in and you're wearing a tank top and shorts and you are sweating your ass off. I love that, and I want to get loose. I guess I'm fifty six and a half, so there's no better time than right now for me to completely get loose. I just think it feels better. Plus, since all good friend and Kurt carries on his watch how many calories he burns, I like I coincide. You know, yesterday it was like twelve hundred. Last week at Saint Jude's it was like thirteen hundred. And then I know the calorie deficit that I'm working from on a Sunday when I go to work drinking. So I know that, so I kind of set the table.
Speaker 6: You need an Apple watch.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm going to retract that because I can't imagine you will.
Speaker 6: All kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I have a watch at home that will will show my cat. I may not.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit older, but I thought maybe it would show the calories burned. But I don't know if I can wear a watch playing basketball. That's a little weird. That's why I let Kurt wear it. It's not weird to him, and then he can just tell me, hell, he's not. I'm assuming that I'm somewhere in the neighborhood. But now, seriously, that was that was fun as hell. Good conversation. Brenda Dudis the podcast one oh seventy five, thefan dot Com Andy's suggests that the boulder in his front yard is igneous. So I was pretty much right. That's like the one thing that I remember from Earth science is sedimentary, igneous, and volcanic. Are there? They're only three?
Speaker 5: Right, igneous. I'm looking up the definition of please do this rock. Igneous rocks are formed through the cooling and solidific solidification of magma or lava. So you're telling me the rock that was sitting in Brendan Dudas's yard in.
Speaker 2: Southwest how is that no volcanic rock? That's not no volcanics, not a form of rock. No, Like, that's that's basically.
Speaker 5: Igneous, okay, like, but it's just it's cooled down into a solid form.
Speaker 2: So it's probably not volcanic here in Central Indiana.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna guess not, but maybe I'm wrong. Ah, I think that's a safe guess. Metamorphic is the third one metamorphic. Sedimentary metamorphic that's metamorphic.
Speaker 2: Are good for Informer Major League catcher Tucker Barnhart and I have this at home. If you remember when I got knocked down last spring and it took me forever to get up, and I feel like I play I play like I'm younger than fifty six. I fall down like about eighty six, and then I get back up like I'm about one hundred and six. So when I fell down back in the spring, Tucker Barnhart sent me as a gift a life Alert watch. Would the life alert I have not checked? Does that have a calorie burnoff on the life alert? So here's the problem with that, Tucker. If it gets hit and then all of a sudden, the cops come out or the ambulance or first responders come out because they think that my health is compromised. Right, I don't know if you can play that wearing basketball life alert. I got one. It's all my bed at us right next to me at home. So you're saying that life alert yeah, because he's saying life alert count shirt calories, I don't know if it does or not. I'd have to check.
Speaker 5: Because the life alert I remember is those commercials where it's like what eight hundred You know, I didn't know they were making smart watches now, and I was going to give it to my mom, but my mom would be tapping that thing every five minutes every time.
Speaker 2: Oh I wait a minute, I can't wait for this dish all that's scared. I can't do that. You know, I was good because she actually fell a couple of weeks back and then it was like three in the morning and somebody down in Orangeburg had to come get her up. And that scares the absolute crap out of me. This is true, and this is sincere. That scares the crap out of me. And you know, luckily, she's got some folks down in Orangeburg that will help. I think she's run awful lot of folks that also would help. But she also has a lot of friends that would help. But if she had the life alert, then that thing would be going off all the time. I'm afraid for everything. No, I don't know. The dog jumped up here on him. You know me, you know, here comes EMTs. So I I've been hesitant to give and I thought about that before. Maybe one that hangs around the neck or I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I have to sum at some point.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we have enough time for this, because it's a long story, probably all air I have to tell you. But Moe, who you met this week, and my dad he has an Apple watch and he struggles to work that thing.
Speaker 6: But one time. He was subbing in a gym class and they have.
Speaker 5: A feature on your Apple Watch where if like you move really quickly, like it thinks you've fell or like something happened right, which is kind of what you're talking about. Uh, And yeah, he called an ambulance on accident because he was in gym class subbing and like moved quickly, and he didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 6: He didn't know why the medics showed up for anything.
Speaker 2: See, I'm afraid that's my mom would have empts out there, I think every day. By the way, you and Moe have father and son mustaches. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 12: We do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, father and son mustaches. If case you were not privety this earlier, I got a chance to meet Mo and Betsy for the first time on Saturday before the JMV takeover. You brought them in studio down Sewage Row down there on on number one and I met with them before we started the JMV takeoff, and you sent us to Aias, which was Iris. You did not ask for Dom though, correct, because I bet Dom was there. Somebody tell me if you still go to Irias and I know everybody does. I'm assuming Dom is still there. I told you to ask for Don Dommy is a tremendous dude, and there are a lot of There are a lot of great places around. You could not go wrong with Iria's Iozo's either, you know, on the south side of downtown I'm Meridian, or even down in for there's an Iozo's location that is great. But you went to Ireas where I told you the great story the late great Rick Majeris back when I was at the other station was my college basketball analyst weekly and this goes back to six when Blake was born. Majeris sent me just a massive amount of clothes for Blake, just like baby clothes for Blake. And then he came to Indy and we went to Iria's and I've never seen anything like it. My man. We sat in one of these lounge chairs and he was just he was going at it. But some of the greatest basketball stories I've ever heard of my life from rickmcgeris during that time. And if anybody knows Rick Majeri's from Ball State or you know, Utah or Marquette or whatever. Was just a glorious and incredibly missed basketball personality. He was awesome back then. But once upon a time, Iria's was a Rick Macgeira spot. Iria's the late Robin Miller. That's a Robin Miller spot as well. We always went there. But I mentioned you go and ask for Dom. I'm assuming on a Saturday night that Dom was probably there so and I'm assuming if you guys can tell me if if Dom is still often there. I used to see Dom when I would take the Blake to Ron Colley in the mornings. I would see Dom over at the Speedway at Southport in Gray every morning getting coffee. But awesome, Irias, did you like it?
Speaker 6: I loved it?
Speaker 2: What'd you go with?
Speaker 6: How I went to Chick Alfredo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get the j mv Iria's Lasagna is the bomb. My mom got that. There you go, Yeah, shout out to Dom and Irias. Awesome place over there. Quick break, The Colts have a depth chart released. We'll talk to Stephen Holder about that and then get the joint workouts they're going to have coming up here with New England in New England and then the matchup coming up on Thursday. Keep in mind four thirty the Colts Pregame Huddle starts with me and the band's back together again and we're gonna get more. Rick Venturi coming up this year on the Colts Pregame Huddle will be all about that four thirty until six thirty, That is on Thursday, ahead of preseason game number one. And tomorrow the guy that's going to be the voice of the pregame pre games themselves, Greg Rigshaw, is going to join us and we'll talk about that with Greg. I think it's Greg and Rick and Alera Olverton doing the pregame TV stuff. Greg joins us coming up tomorrow. All right, quick break, we'll come back. Stephen hold the top of the hours. Stay right there.
Speaker 4: It's ninety three five one seven five, the fin the Ride with JMV Dude three five and one oh seven five the fan I should mention too.
Speaker 2: Coming up on Saturday, the free throw shooting competition we're having between games out at the Indiana State Fair. You can win four packs of tickets to the State Fair. That is on Saturday. Now. Coming up tomorrow night at the Indiana State Fair on the free stage, it is Clayton Anderson, Friend of the show, Clayton Anderson in concert. So if you're out there tomorrow night to see Clayton, make sure you tell Clayton we said hello. That is coming up tomorrow night from Elvis JMV. People that want to fire the head coach with a fever seem to forget that she got them to an ot game to get to the WNBA finals without Clark and a bunch of scrubs pulled off the waiver wire. Most people forgot because they checked out when Caitlin got hurt. So many of their issues on the floor, it's not coaching, it's on them now, the off the floor, after the game and after the ejection, that's on her. You have to go hard and make sure that your players understand that you're with them. It didn't act like that. They understood that, And that was easy too, because that Carrington foul was reckless. Okay, sure she didn't want to knock her, Maybe she didn't want to knock her out, but it was reckless. The ejection was deserved, and if I'm Stephanie White right now, everything is coming at her, everything is blaming her. The one thing you have to do is make sure sure that your team is wound tight and together. Caitlin Clark does a great job of making sure she owns basketball situations and she keeps things basketball wise. Stephanie White missed the mark on Saturday. At the very least, you got to think about who the hell cares about Carrington's feelings or the feelings of anybody else, or now everybody's thinking that she doesn't like the thoughts and the outspokenness of Sophie Cunningham. It doesn't matter. She's in your inner circle in the huddle. Back her up completely, Back your team up completely, because you're going to catch blame regardless, but you want to make sure you keep everybody together that just missed the mark on Saturday. It quick break. We'll come back Stephen Holder top of the hour, or the Colts have a depth chart, we'll go over that. The Colts on the road in New England, joint practices and then a preseason game coming up on Thursday from ESPN. Steven Holder is going to join us. Coming up on the other side. It's ninety three to five and one oh seven the Fan.
Speaker 4: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 10: It's at Drugs Danny every game, so it's problem.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Ninety three five and one oh seven five, the fan busy rest of the week. Hurst and LaMonte is with me. Coming up on Friday at Pivot Downtown. You know, we love the Pivot Balcony bar inside Hiatt Place Downtown. Coming up on Friday, that's before.
Speaker 2: The Fever game and is always a fantastic time. They played Dallas on Friday night. We shall be down there, I believe. Did we not talk to Debbie and then.
Speaker 10: John?
Speaker 2: I'm sure they're gonna love the dialogue I have right now. If we do that on Friday, hopefully that changes. Yeah, they may go I don't know. I don't know all about that. It's it's really simple, though. That was egregious enough to be incredibly outspoken in the backing of your team and player. That's easy. You don't go into that and go, well, yeah, I don't know they meant to do. And I mean it was around the neck and reckless regardless of what anybody else thinks. And listen, you're gonna have everybody coming at you regardless. You don't want that with your team, you know, want any misguided feelings regarding those in your huddle. Simple to me. Fever and New York coming up tomorrow, night, so the technical was rescinded. Caitlin Clark sits on seven Right now now Bill Simmons talking about the leadership or lack thereof the WNBA and there has to be something new is absolutely right now. I've been talking about that and the TV you know, this being all over the map. It's not great. More on that coming up meantime on the Andy Moro Automotive Group podline, getting said, I'm assuming to head out to New England for a couple of joint practices and then a gathering for a preseason game number one on Thursday. Stephen Holder joins us. Anything that you gather from the release of the official depth charts earlier today with the Cults of Mind Steven.
Speaker 10: Not particularly. I think there are a well, I guess it was an admission that this is, you know, a backup quarterback battle. That was an acknowledgment of that, so they stayed out of the weeds on that one. There are a few veterans who are I think listed above some younger players where they're just kind of doing them a solid on that. I feel like out of respect that the younger player and a lot of those instances is actually ahead you know, and so I think one example would be better at linebacker, for example, I think he's in their top three linebackers right now. It did not reflect that if you look at the depth chart that they put out today. But that's not that unusual. I'm looking forward here as we're talking. Yeah, that's not totally unusual. But for the first depth chart, you know, but I think there are some things there that we know are not going to remain that way, if that makes sense, And that's an example of it.
Speaker 2: Do you know where do you point the finger the first bought the first position, where you go, all right, this doesn't look ground obviously with me, we talked about this before. It's wide receiver. But what do you look at first and say, yet, hopefully either this is a lot better than what we gather right now or there is some marked improvement at some point.
Speaker 10: I think I think linebacker, I'll stick with that position. I think they got they're they're a little they're definitely thin there. It's kind of interesting. I asked lou An Arumo, defensive coordinator on Saturday, about that position. His answer was actually kind of honest, for refreshingly honest, and he admitted that like, you know what, we don't really have a whole lot of guys locked in there yet, and because they keep rotating guys in with the first team, which tells me they don't know who their starters are, right, And so I asked him about that, and he said, well, you know, I think we're going to end up playing a lot of guys there. And he said, you know, we may just have guys kind of do what they're best at. So I asked him, does that mean you're going to have guys sort of specialize in certain roles, you know, not you know, not jack of all trades. What's the opposite of that, right, Just guys who are just really good at certain things and rotating in and out. And so he suggested that that's what it's going to look like. And he said the way his justification was for it was, Look, we don't want to overwhelm young guys, so if you can kind of give them a specific role, they maybe can lean into that and do well at that. So that doesn't make sense, but I think we all know that. I think in the best case scenario, you'd like to have your two or three guys and those are your guys and you know they're going to play all the reps. That is not that's the way you structure it. The way he's talking about it is not the way you draw it up. So that would be out of necessity rather than something that they just prefer.
Speaker 2: So we heard the news we're getting Cam Taylor Britt going back to Friday, And you know, obviously this stems from a situation going back at the beginning of the year before he was signed here. How had he been performing up until that point and in this case missing the first game of the season, being able to do all the preseason stuff, but missing that first game obviously against the Ravens.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that he has actually been pretty solid. They like him right now. I would say if the season started today, Oh well, if the season started today, he couldn't play. But just throw that out for a minute, right, if the season started today, I think Kim Taylor Britt is their number three outside corner. So if something happens to Sauce Gardner Mooney Ward, I think he'd beat the first guy off the bench. That's how I envisioned that right now. The other corner being Justin Wally in the slot. So that's the way I see it at the moment, and they feel good about that because I think they've they've had a lack of depth at corner for a couple of years now, right, And you saw it last year just because the number of injuries they had, the death really got tested. I mean they pulled a couple guys off the couch last year. They made that trade for Makai Blackman, for example. He played a lot of snaps, probably more than way more than he should have, right, And so they have this year you get Wally back in the fold coming back from his injury. I know he's in the slot, but just generally speaking, that's another body. You get Cam Taylor Britt as a great example of the kind of signing where it gives you quality depth. They did not have quality depths last year, you know, And so I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. And then you have some younger guys who are fighting it out and some of them will earn some playing time or earned rosters, and then others may have to catch on elsewhere. But there's good competition back there. But Camp Taylor Britt is the guy I think behind those two big.
Speaker 2: Name veterans, Stephen Holder of ESPN on ESPN dot coms, and the Andy Moro Auto Motive Group potline. We're not talking about super notable names, certainly in free agency, but you know some of those defensive guys from Key to Clemens to Tillery, guys like that. How are the veterans at those defensive positions? Anybody else you want to add in performing so far in camp From your estimation.
Speaker 10: So Ardine Key is actually kind of interesting. I had sort of meager expectations for him. Look what we see out there, even when they have pads on, it's not necessarily the real thing. But I would say he has had a presence. I would say he've noticed him. And I do think that's promising. I think he is the guy who's probably been outside of lat too. I would be the guy who's been the most consistent a lot too. Starting to come on and we're starting to see him flash. He's really creating consistent pressure. I like his chances to take a step this year. I think how big of a step he can take does? I think depend on the guys around him to a degree, right, And so that's going to depend on the Forrest Buckner becoming the Forest Buckner again. Right, Yesterday was a day where I started to see him flash, and that has been a long time coming. I hadn't really seen a lot of that, and he's been limited. But anyway, back to those other guys that free agent group you talked about, Clemons, I mean, Clemens has been out there with some of the first team reps. I think he's I think he's going to end up being a little bit of a of an edge setter. Not sexy and not a position where you're going to get a lot of numbers, but he's never had numbers in his career. I think that's kind of been his role. A guy who you know, set that edge against the run and and you know, create create some pass rush when asked. I think that's probably going to be his role. Like we just talked about with linebackers, this could be a situational position. The guy this is not a free agent, but the guy I kind of like and I want to see more of, is George Gumms, the rookie defensive end from Florida. He actually has I think flashed pretty consistently, and I am very very intrigued. I think in the preseason that's a guy you better circle circle his name and look for him on Thursday night. He's gonna play a lot and we're gonna find out if he can do it under the lights. I mean, he's been doing it against the backups, and when they put him out there with the third team, he just wrecks the whole thing. So the second team is a much better measurement for him, and he's flashed there too. So will he get some first team reps? I don't know about that, but I think he's fighting to show that he deserves from playing and he's going to have opportunities to prove that.
Speaker 2: Steven the offensive line, certainly, the starters we note and we know, but what about what is always necessary really with any team, but certainly magnified with his team. What about the depth of the offensive line?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it always gets tested, right, I mean I remember that year, what was it like, four or five years ago where all five guys played all seventeen games. I mean, that's that's a one in a million, right, that just doesn't happen. So I think the question is, so they have they have some decent depth. I mean they have the rookie Jalen Farmer is going to you know, gonna be a guy who can rotate a guard. Dalton Tucker can certainly give him a hand there tackle, and I'm looking at it here just to make sure I'm not forgetting anybody tackle I feel less secure about. I guess it's Blake Freeland out in the set city because they don't really have an obvious answer for that swing tackle. Luke Tanuda is another guy who has played for them, and I would say that wasn't terrible. So I think tackle if they have an injury there a little more nervous, I would say than in the interior. Center. A few questions at center, and Dalton Tucker has been the backup center and snapping there, but there have been some mishaps in practice, and not all of that has been Anthony Richardson's fault. I mean some of that is on Tucker too, So I think they don't really have a dedicated backup center. You know, for a long time, Danny Pincher was kind of that guy who you knew like center was his strength and he basically was a backup center. But he has moved on and so they're trying to piece that one together. So they kind of got their fingers crossed. I think at center, to be completely honest with.
Speaker 2: You, Stephen Holder of ESPN on ESPN dot com, joint gatherings, and then obviously the season game number one coming up on Thursday four to thirty is when we get started with the Colt pregame huddle coming up on Thursday right here in studio in ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fans. So I didn't go to in depth of this because we basically know what we know regarding Anthony Richardson. But has has this been a really bad start to training camp for him? Just in general terms of how he is playing and not even expectations or any of that, but just in general watching him, has it gotten worse?
Speaker 10: I think my biggest issue has been just the inconsistency. You still see the big throw once in a while, right the flash. He's always had that and he's always going to be capable of that. But on a play to play basis, which is what you need from your backup, you don't need flash as much as you just need you just need completions, I think with backup quarterback, and he's got to I talked to somebody today and the feedback was just this, like just get completions and stop, you know, don't play hero ball, right he I think last year he's trying to win the starting job, and so you're out there, you're trying to make plays. You're trying to, you know, go give Alec Pears an opportunity to make a big play. Well, you're not going to be able to do that. Frankly, with the guys he's playing with on that second and third team. I mean, they're not going to go make, you know, a Randy Moss play for you. Those guys just that's not who he's playing with, especially with the receiver depth that they have right now. So he's just got to not force stuff and just take the check down, you know, make the easy throw, go to that first read. I mean, you know there are times when he's still holding the ball trying to go for the big play, and I don't think that's what's going to get him this job. I think if he wants to have that number two, he's just got to throw it to the guy who's opening and it's the first read. Throw it to that guy. Making the big play is not what they're looking for. So I do think that we saw him start to settle in on Sunday, and I liked what he did in the two minute drive. The two minute drill really drove the ball down and had a big completion position for a touchdown. That's what you want to see, and he has been clutching those situations in the past. But he's just got to be more consistent. Is not to say Riley Leonard has been great, but on a play to blate play to play basis a little more consistent than Anthony for sure.
Speaker 2: Stephen Holder of ESPN on ESPN dot com, he is on the Andy More Automotive group hootline. The first official for training camp depth chart has been released, and Jonathan Taylor got the extension, which I think we were relatively sure was going to happen considering his attitude and personality during this camp prior to that deal. We know about him and he's going to have to shoulder some significant load once again, which we understand. But what about after him? Your thoughts on the backup plan and anything of significance you gather from the first start of camp.
Speaker 10: Here, the guy that I most want to see in preseason is Seth McGowan, the rookie out of Kentucky. This kid is very interesting. He is off to a fantastic start and the coaches, they, I think are starting to buy in on this. You know, DJ Giddens, I never saw it last year. He just never really got any momentum, No consistent playing time. Obviously, no one gets consistent playing time behind Jonathan Taylor, right, So I'm not breaking any news there, but I thought there were moments where they could have given him Giddings, They could have given him a series here, series there, or maybe let him finish off a game, and they very rarely did do that. So I think that said something about how they feel about him or in terms of their level of trust with him, whatever it might be. And McGowan, what I love is just he is a north to south runner. North and south. Okay, one cut and he's gone. You know, I don't know that he's the fastest guy, but that's not what he brings to the table. He is a determined runner. And the Patriots they're gonna have to tackle this kid in this preseason game because he is a powerful runner. And the other thing that he does is he contributes in the passing game. He's been a really shorthanded receiver when they've checked it down to him or thrown the screens, which they've done. So I think that he's done everything you could have expected, I would say, from a backup running back and has earned so far. At least, I think he's earned the playing time if they're miss snaps to have or to be had behind Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 2: All right, go help the fans out there kind of eyeball on Thursday for the first time, what you have witnessed in Westfield so far, some of the things we haven't discussed that you're looking forward to on Thursday for preseason game one without the fact that it's going to be over and then you're going to be off the preseason game number two. What about preseason game one?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think you're just looking for You're just looking for some of those young guys to pop a little bit. You know, there's there's opportunity at wide receiver. You know, do those guys which of those guys actually play in this game? You know, I imagine we'll see you know, the likes of Westbrookakine la Quantred Wills hurt. Right now, I don't know that he will be back. You won't see Josh downs even if he does practice tomorrow, Like, give me a break.
Speaker 1: Right, So.
Speaker 10: So anyway, my point is there's just a lot of receivers that flash here. I'll play here or play there. What I am not seeing is consistency. Westbrook Kine I think has come on and I'm starting to see him make some plays on a more consistent basis. And I think, you know, he's a veteran player, so I'm not surprised by that. Ashton Doolin always makes place. Can he do it consistently? We'll see. So I think receiver is a position to watch. I mentioned McGowan. I really think you're gonna love watching McGowan. I really believe that. And then you already mentioned this, but that backup offensive line like who settles in there and who who really starts to show that they are going to take ownership of those spots and and be out in front, you know, be a front runner for that those roster spots.
Speaker 2: Is there going to be an addition wide receiver wise? At some point We've often talked about Keenan Allen, but it does seem like that the position is outside of his name dwindling, And the reason why we don't come up with any other names is because it doesn't seem like that there are any other names that are useful on that particular list. So, I mean, would you think that there they plan on going with what they have? Could we all be wrong about this?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm starting to think we are. I will tell you the God's honest truth because it doesn't matter now. I fully expected that Keenan Allen would have been here. Yeah, I don't know, maybe a week ago. Certainly by now, I fully expected him to be signed by the Colts. It's too obvious, right, they were talking him and saying Stycking are close. He knows the offense. So if you bring a guy in late, you when you want the guy who knows the offense. Right, They did not get off to a great start at wide receiver in camp, so I mean, what more evidence do you need? Right, this is going to happen. I fully expected it was going to happen. The fact that it has not happened already has me really wondering if maybe they're not going to do it, and I trace that I don't. This is me talking, Okay, not a source, but I trace that back to Chris Pout. I think when we talked to him to start training camp, you heard he said that he wanted to kind of take a look at these guys and see what they had at that position, and that is the position he always takes when he is reluctant to make a roster move, right, whether it's the offensive line a few years ago when we were clamoring for them to make a move there, the secondary, I think the last couple of years when they entered the season and we said, you know, your little Finn, it's gonna be a problem, and behold, we were psychic, right, so very very reminiscent of situations that we've had in recent years. I'm very surprised we're still here.
Speaker 2: I am. It's amazing how often we and the fans have been accurate about things that the general manager has been inaccurate about.
Speaker 10: Steven Well, I have another thought about it. I'll take that a step further. I would go back to the draft. So I thought they had a nice draft, but free agency decisions affect directly affect your draft, right. What did they do in free agency? They locked up their own largely Alec Peis and Daniel Jones. They did have some defensive signings Cam Tayler Brett you mentioned him too, defensive ans Ard and Key Michael Clements, etc. So they did some work there, no question. But I think the thing we thought they might opt for in free agency and did not was a wide receiver, and not doing that, I think put them in a spot where, Okay, they had to make a choice in the draft, do we finish off this defense and get the rest of what we need because you needed a starting linebacker, you needed a safety, you needed linebackers and all that, right, So they had some tough calls to make because they had left a lot on their plate for the draft, and the receiver got overlooked. Not like they forgot about it, but I mean they made a conscious decision not to do it because they had other priorities. And that leads us to where we are right now. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, but I'm just saying choices have consequences, right, and so those decisions in previous months that is what has led us to where we are right now. This didn't just happen overnight. This has been months in the making.
Speaker 2: We are on the way for a week number one to see a heavy dose, are we not in this case of Lakwan Treadwell and of Westbrook A. Kine?
Speaker 10: Right, I guess, I guess. Look, I mean, look Alec Pierce. If Alec he's not coming back this week for all intents and purposes, right, I mean they got one practice and then they got the preseason game. So you're talking about they're back on the practice field Saturday. That is the earliest unless I'm missing something, that would be the earliest you can see Alec Pearce. And I'm not even here to suggest that's going to happen, But let's say absolute best case scenario, he gets back out there when they get back to Indianapolis on Saturday, and he's out there.
Speaker 2: Now, what is that?
Speaker 10: I mean you're talking about You're less than a month out. He's not in shape, not in football shape. But it's no like knock on him. But he has a lower body injury. Right, he's been hurt for like four months. Okay, the guy's not going to roll out of bed and go run past Sauce Gardner on the first day of practice, right, So he has a lot of work to do when he gets back. So what version of Alex Pierce? Are we getting is my cushion? Is my point?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 10: So you couple that with what is remaining of that unit? And no, I don't think this is a good recipe with a quarterback who is out here trying to prove that last year wasn't a flash in the pan, is coming off an achille injury, right, shouldn't you position him to do the very best he can do? I don't think they've done that. So maybe they will prove me wrong and we will see.
Speaker 2: So are they approaching this cautiously when he's much more on schedule than a lot of us believe because we're well equipped now to just not really believe too much as positive surrounding the Colts and decision making in general. So do you believe Pierce's situation to be better than what we all may believe it ourselves to be right now?
Speaker 10: I mean I would say, yes, they should be careful. Okay, they should be prudent. So I will never knock a team for being prudent with a star player not in August, Okay, you know what I mean? Like, you don't go push him out there if he's not ready. However, that being said they were projecting early in camp. I mean, is it early in camp?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 10: I don't know, So I would say at best we have we have missed the the rosier projections. They've missed that already.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 10: It doesn't mean it's like the end of the world, but I mean it's not. It's not best case scenario right now with Alex Pears, it's not that I know if it's worst case scenario, but it's not best case. So you know, are we over analyzing it? Maybe a little bit. He'll be back when he's back. But all I canna tell you is each day that goes by, I would say that the level of concern grows at least a little.
Speaker 2: Steven Holder walking us through familiar territory with the cold Andy Moore Automotive Group, pot Lie, Hey, safe travels to Foxborough and we'll check it again next week and see what the hell happens this week? Okay, Well I'm staying home this week, so you are Okay, we'll check out next week.
Speaker 10: We'll I got stuff going on, but I'll be out there for the rest of it.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, hey, well, still, you and I gather next Monday to see what they will happen regardless. Thanks Alle, appreciate you. Stephen Holder. There on the Eddy Moore Automotive Group pieline, this date in nineteen eighty four. This is well well before our good friend Caleb Zuver and the other studio the Cold War classic Red Dawn. Now, since that point in time, More than Your Wheelhouse would probably be one of the world's crappier remakes. Have you ever seen Red Dawn? The crappy remake? But what about the nineteen eighty four original on the classic No Dice? Do you know these names? See Thomas Howell? Do you know Jennifer Gray?
Speaker 6: That one actually does sound familiar.
Speaker 2: I won't want Ferris Buelder's day off, dirty dancing, get a face redone, don't pretty smoke? How about Leah Thompson? She is still smoke? Do you ever see all the right moves the football film from the early eighties, Tom Cruise, you saw a little uh little side B as I like to call it from Leah Thompson back then, And if you I don't, If you paused it, you could see the more than the side B. You know what the side B is? I do? Yeah? All the right the late great Patrick Swayze, okay, okay, and Charlie Sheen.
Speaker 5: So all the right moves in Red Dawn are getting added, Yes, all the right moves. And I still have any redecked one of them off, so.
Speaker 2: I add those red down. The original or not. The remake sucked. But this date in eighty four, Red Dawn came out and it was probably outside of just being entertaining. And we know this to be true. The nineteen eighties there's no discussion, there's no debate. Seriously, it is the absolute best decade for anything, the best for entertainment, for TV, for movies, for music, for everything. Now all you dorks out there are going to say, well, what about our phones and the smartphones? Yeah, shove them where the sun don't shine, because you didn't need them. The eighties by far the greatest decade. And this marked a moment and entertainment history, this date back in nineteen eighty four, even beyond the Cold War classic known as Red Dawn. I'll explain that coming up on the other side, I saw the fever met with the media. See if you can peel a little bit of something something out of that. I do not think that the whole situation after the game and the presser I've been talking about with Stephanie White. I don't think that that was approached a little bit earlier, but there is a little bit of dialogue we can play. We'll do that coming up on the other side. Going to be a busy week. We'll explain. We'll come back coming up on the other side. But yes, the weather update, we got for you Fox fifty nine, the ride with JMV and You're nothing but.
Speaker 9: A chameleon lemonheaded chower Challenge and I'm got for you, buddy.
Speaker 2: You're gonna pay for it to night.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Sir Natty three five and one oh seven five the fan, Caleb's over there, I'm John.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, the NBA will officially announce Opening Night in Christmas Day. Will Dad Moods Sports and Rooster be accurate? Will the Pacers and the Knicks lead off Christmas Day from Madison Square Garden or might we get to make fun of them for being incredibly misinformed. We'll find out coming up tomorrow. Dad Bought Sports and Rooster have a lot riding on this. Coming up tomorrow, the official announcement to.
Speaker 6: Be a fly on the wall wherever they are.
Speaker 2: One of these days, it would be nice if we find out the type of television content provider that the Pacers are going to have. I'm assuming it is going to be his own. I'm telling you, don't jack with people around here. People are sick and tired of being jacked with. That has to be it, right, because we've heard absolutely nothing else. Would it be a pleasant surprise if it was something incredibly affordable and easy to find, Yes, But unfortunately I believe that everybody out there thinks that we're going to be jacked with. What was that price tech again for the Zone a month? Like thirty four thirty four dollars a month. Let me tell you something, Pacers, There's zero way people are going to do that around here. None. So I would guess the more that you're on national TV, the better off. And believe me, they're no bigger fans than me, Denari, Quinn, JJ and Eddie and I'll have to spend it. But I feel like I've been jacked with and be pissy all the way.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we can shine light because the Timberwolves finalize their agreement with the Zone, so that's like, so what was what was it?
Speaker 2: Do you have it in front of you right here?
Speaker 5: And this is what I'm trying to look but what it says here on their website, because there's a frequently asked questions for about this timber this is Timberwolves specific.
Speaker 6: I want to make that clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not Pacers or anybody else but just Minnesota, and they're shine a light into what we might see here.
Speaker 5: One of them is how much will it dizone subscription costs? And what are the subscription options? This is all it says here. The zone will offer various Timberwolves subscription options, including a season pass, season pass, and monthly plans. Full pricing, promotional offers, and purchase details will be announced once launched. So there's looks like there's at least some flexibility with this, but it looks like it's going to be season monthly.
Speaker 2: Is the zone offered via direct TV? It is not, I don't think so or or nothing cable. It's going to be an app, not duray it's going to be but an app that's going to be spinning around like crazy and Jackie with everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, Because it says how do I access the Timberwolves on the Zone, and it says Timberwolves subscriptions will be available for purchase on the The Zone app before the season begins, So yeah, it does say here though. In addition, fifteen games will be shown for free for any fan who creates a free de Zonne account, So fifteen of them will be for free.
Speaker 6: But then it remains to be seen what happens with the rest of them. This is just a Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Timberwolves. I don't think I like that.
Speaker 6: I don't either.
Speaker 2: I don't think I like any of this, and I expect me to be incredibly pissy upon announcement. I don't want to be pissy. I don't like you. I mean a lot of you guys say, well, you're pissy all the time. You seem like you like it. I don't like it whatsoever. The next two years, man, don't mess it. Just don't mess with it. We'll see. I don't know if anybody else around here can help. Any of the local channels. God knows, they all stink and there's nothing good on them anyway.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to say too, speaking to that, I did see something today John with the Pistons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, this is like there were some stations that agreed to broadcast their games locally in Detroit, and then there was Grand Rapids, which is a city like a hour or two away. There's stations there that are broadcasting them locally for free. Starting this Okay, So that's that the Timberwolf thing might be kind of like a negative look at it, But then there's also like some stations are.
Speaker 6: Making it up making it look positive.
Speaker 2: I guess, so free and easy would be a great way to go about it. I hope it is. Now we'll find out tomorrow with the NBA schedule for Opening Night and for Christmas Day, and we'll find out if Rooster and if Dead Bod Sports would be accurate regarding the Pacers and the Knicks to lead things off on Christmas Day. I'd mentioned this this date. Nineteen eighty four, Red Dawn, Cold War at Classic. A lot of the Brat Pack, a lot of those from the eighties that we still love today involved, but most noted for what it became the first movie Caleb with the newly created PG thirteen rating. The first movie PG thirteen where it all started, Red Dawn in nineteen eighty four. Did you know? Now, you know, it's weird, like they're all sitting in class in Colorado and all of a sudden, all these paratroopers come parachuting down. Now, I think the teacher gets smoked, Like right out of the gate, it gets serious, man.
Speaker 6: You're saying this Pg. Thirteen.
Speaker 2: That's why it's Pg. Thirteen. Probably right out of the gate.
Speaker 6: I think we need to get a segment on here and did you know and it could just be you you're random.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do. We need that, need that Pg. Thirteen. It is all right. The Fever had a meeting with the media a little bit earlier today. The Fever in New York actually back to back games on Friday. We're going to be down there as Debbie and Pat going to join us coming up on Friday.
Speaker 6: That's the plan. It looks like it's going to be in the last hour of the show.
Speaker 2: It's hanging out. That's great. Well, I'll be all half in the bag by then. That'd be great radio. Right, Yes, So that's on Friday. Hearst Lamontes will bring us to you live from the Pivot Balcony bar. And you know this as downtown locations go. One of my favorites just right across Pennsylvania from Gambridge Field House. On back to back games. New York coming up tomorrow night, Dallas coming up on Friday night. We will be down at Pivot Balcony Bar and we'll get Pat and Debbie with us coming up on Friday in that final hour. As you mentioned too, we'll have a lot going on considering that'll be coming off that first preseason game with the Colts. Keep in mind on Thursday four thirty for the Colts pregame huddle. We'll start in the middle of this show and we're gonna have a lot more in the Colts pregame with us of Rick Venturi this season. That is going to be outstanding. Less of me, more of Rick is always incredibly good. That starts coming up on Thursday. Rakestraw hanging with us tomorrow. I should mention Plow, but again it's kind of what you know, a winner in Portland yesterday, in Indy car and some maybe some things we haven't hit. I was funny, I was watching what the Reds were doing this weekend. Just an absolute disaster to go along with a disastrous season for that group. We saw. Once again, I didn't really I should have and I have checked out altogether right now and rightly, so all right, quick break will come back final time. You and I on the other side to State Fair free throw shooting competition coming up on Saturday eleven until one. A chance for you to compete with me and win a family four pack of passes to the Indiana State Fair. Clayton Anderson Free Show coming up tomorrow night at the Indiana State Fair. More on that and then some to close the show, Kaleb me all that and more to close out with you coming up next.
Speaker 4: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 2: This is how I eat corner the cob, I boil it, I go shirtless out of my back deck, eat it like I ravage it, and then throw the cob out.
Speaker 4: Into the back forty NY three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 3: You know, I think just from being from a humanistic perspective and lifeless and perspective, you know, I think our group does a really good job of responding. I think our group does a really good job of scoring in one another, keeping the main thing with a thing of understanding that there are a lot of folks out there who want.
Speaker 6: To divide us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and while that is true. Caitlin Clark does the best with that, I mean even with the technicals and you know, getting one more, having the one rescinded on Saturday, which was you know, the easiest call to make of all time to rescind that, But to put yourself in that situation, it is one thing. But I most admire of Caitlyn Clark is how she just goes about wanting to play basketball, and I think that helps galvanize a locker room and a team. That is Stephanie White mentioned right there can often be compromised because of all the outside talk and the verbal grifters, those that want to hijack the storylines or make themselves thrust themselves into it. A couple of things happen on Saturday. One is the fever one. The other is you had a couple of incredibly easy calls Djona Carrington, that was a reckless defensive play and deserve it of an ass tossing see ya. And then the whole white privileged thing in the locker room and everybody has had a comment about that. Everybody knows what it means, and now you try to double back where you don't really know what it means. You know, everybody knows what it means. Had nothing to do with the foul call and then the ejection, the move, your actions doing that had everything to do with it. There is no way. And you watch ESPN. The ESPN folks in that booth, who are they there's a Monica McNutt.
Speaker 6: And then studio whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the video you showed to say, well, this is just what she does. I don't know what she does or what she doesn't, but I know this. I rarely see in women's basketball anybody that blocks a shot that's not just taller or blocking from behind on the interior. There's no way you were going to block that. The one thing you were going to do was knock Sophie Cunningham to the floor with a forearm, elbow to the neck. And the right call there was made. It had nothing to do with anything personal or nothing to do with who the foul was on the team you were playing against. But the massive era era after the game was with Stephanie White just doing what she's talking about right there, you know, further galvanizing your huddle and your locker room by denouncing the action. You don't have to suggest there was absolute intent, because nobody really knows, but you know that to be egregious, you know it to be reckless, and you can describe it as such. Now, people like me would just say it was a dumbass play. That's what it was. And I don't care if it were Sophie Cunningham or Caitlin Clark or anybody in nineteen eighty five. If you want to come down and close line somebody on the break, all right, but in twenty twenty six can't do it. And everything the way that it was officiated, all that was accurate. But you just want to see and believe me. I'm a backer of Stephanie White. I don't mind her coaching. Everybody else does because everybody else blames her for absolutely everything. In this case, I blame her because that was an easy opportunity to further galvanize this team and make sure that you can continue to defend those that don't have your best interest in mind. He didn't take advantage of it. That's unfortunate, Caleb. Great job out of you. Brendan Dudas our good friend from Southport, the New York Green Apples whiffle Ball Champions Stephen Holder Podcast one oh seven five thefan dot Com busy Tomorrow, Caleb, they want your ex handle two people like Caleb soon five seventy five Fan of a Great Night