Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everyone to the Frans per Second Podcast. Can it be inch here? And glad to have everybody with us for this big blockbuster movie, The Odyssey, directed by Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 2: Nick said he ain't missed in twenty five years? Is that what he said?
Speaker 1: If I remember correctly, he hasn't missed. Yeah, he said he ain't missed in twenty five years. So but yeah, he did this one. I think he's been working on this one for a minute, they say, and uh, we're here to talk about it.
Speaker 2: It was Roy He said it was the first movie shot Charlen.
Speaker 1: Amazing all I'm atam that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm trying to pull up what's the name? Did it too? Though?
Speaker 3: Center? I thought they did it, but maybe he didn't do the whole thing. And I don't think the whole thing is seventy millimeter is the He shot it to where you can view it in different Ryan Coogler is who I'm talking about. He shot it to where you can see it in different formats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he shot it for different formats. He Nolan just did it and wanted like, hey.
Speaker 2: Take it, leave it or you don't. I didn't realize you can only shoot in six minute increments when you're doing it in imax like that.
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, really yes, because of the film. It's a film in the camera, it's it's actual film. Oh, it's loud as hell. Custom casing for it so it won't be as loud. And even with the custom casing, he still had to do a technique like a mirror technique for the actors to be able to act back and forth.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, yeah into this when you know how the technical stuff it makes the movie like oh shit, yeah, yeah, yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: I've always said I appreciate big budget films as much as I like indie films.
Speaker 2: I also can appreciate big budget films.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems to be doing well.
Speaker 1: It tally and estimated one one hundred and twenty four point five million and domestic ticket sales during its open weekend and two hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 2: Point one million globally.
Speaker 1: And it's his best opening weekend performance ever and part of that was boosted by the large format screenings, So it's off to a pretty good start, yeah, it says Imass reported nearly thirty million estimated ticket sales for the weekend and when you're looking out to get tickets, man, like this shit was like damn, it sold out everywhere, especially for the Imas shit, so people were definitely want to check out the movie.
Speaker 2: I already know what Spike things.
Speaker 4: Oh the Dennis sports chat will tell other people that aren't another chat.
Speaker 2: The movie was amazing. I think feel like how it was shot, the technical parts of it, what Nolan did as a director. I appreciated that looking at that knowing that there was no CGI, knowing that he shot it in all Imax stuff and the technicalities behind them. There was no CGI. Yeah, he said, where they find giants? I don't know how they did the Cyclops shit. They said it's no CGI. Moving is what? What about the mother giants? I don't know. They said a really tall aspect. They said it's no CGI. I don't know. What's crazy? Like the film thing. If you ain't using CGI, how you make that stuff? But they said there's no CI. This didn't look like Star Wars. Rock didn't like Star Wars, but Cyclops like he was really there in fact, so they said it's no CGI. And then big ass fucking Knights looked like they were really there, like just just looks super imposed. But ahead you tripping the cyclops.
Speaker 3: They both could be Actually, I mean, if it's no c J. I didn't, I didn't read that part. But yeah, if it's no c J, yeah that you can do that too. You can just make other ship smaller to make that look bigger.
Speaker 2: But all of that stuff was dope. The accents kind of took me out. I feel like it was way too modern for the time period that they was in. I could have used a little bit of accent about the punisher, get him. Uh do you need that dude in every movie? Yeah? He didn't. It wasn't him him him, Holland and uh, what's my main name? With the like, I just feel like they could have been more into the time period. But the cast and I didn't have a problem with I like Lupete in a role. I didn't understand the criticism with that. And then the story was I just don't let it. But you knew she was gonna be black, and second you saw she was married. The fucking burn off. But all of that stuff being said, the story just wasn't it's fascinating as people had made it out to be. I was new I had never heard its Like I didn't read it in high school. I didn't know this was a three thousand year old story.
Speaker 4: Really before three weeks and you never heard of it. The Ilio in the Odyssey, Homer and.
Speaker 2: All that I know I'm talking about. I knew. I know Homer and the philosophy and things like that. I've read some of his stuff before, but I've never heard this is I know that's his main work, but I see like quotes, and I see like other little small things that he's doing, like poems and ship but I've never read the Odyssey. But you're familiar with the Trojan Horse story and all that. I know what the Trojan horse is, but no, I'm not familiar with I've heard the terminology Trojan. That's the Trojan horse. I got a.
Speaker 4: And I know you used to sneak into some things and the k stuff bus out.
Speaker 2: I had no. Yeah, this story wasn't familiar to me at all. So like, even with that being said, it felt like it was rushed and there was stuff left out that should have been there just even watching it, but all of mine, it was okay. I wasn't mad at it, HM, so I understand, like you would.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you would enjoy the book over the movie, but there were some things that were changed to adapt it to the screen.
Speaker 2: So that's probably why the.
Speaker 1: Story felt that way, you know, And you would have to read it the Iliad then Odyssey, because the Iliot happens first, read the Itla first.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that makes sense. Oh no, what about you, Mike? I pretty much echo Spike. It was it was cool.
Speaker 4: I think they made some very very very very questionable casting decisions, and that was my only real issue with this movie. I didn't want to see this. I had just forgot to hit y'all with the Rod and be like, I ain't got the time. I meant to tell y'all that weeks ago, and I forgot.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: I was pissed at myself, pissed because I wasn't gonna I didn't remember until the day I was gonna go see the movie, and I was like, fuck, I didn't give them proper notice that I'm not going not a rod, I'm in a spike.
Speaker 2: My bad, I'm in a spike. Like how you did?
Speaker 4: Those were furious. I meant to tell y'all way in advance. I was not gonna go see this shit, and I forgot. So I was stuck going to a three hour fucking long movie about fucking Lord of the Rings ass fucking goofy ass fucking trolls, and shit didn't my three hours.
Speaker 2: It the fuck it didn't.
Speaker 4: This ship felt like forty days or forty nights watching this long ass fucking movie.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was so mad at myself. But it was good. When it ended, I was like, Okay, that was cool. The final act act three, like to close it out, that was fine. Oh, I got some things to say about that man. There was black folks in my theater during that shit.
Speaker 4: But uh, yeah, it was cool. I just will get to it. But the casting choices were not great.
Speaker 2: M Oh, you ain't like Lupeita was dope. She's always dope. I mean, if you want, I mean John Burnhal. I'm sorry. Yeah, no, he should not have been this movie. That's my boy. I've said a million times. I fuck with John Burnhal heavy. It's the first time I seen him in something. I didn't like that part me too. He had no business in this movie. I didn't love Tom Holland in this movie. He was fine, he was fine, but I didn't really like him, and I didn't have a problem with on Leguizambo, but he's always gonna be John Leguzamo with that fucking accent.
Speaker 4: So I'm with you the accent a little bit, but everything else. I mean, fucking what's his name Homie from Twilight? Robert Pattinson? He did add and was it an Hathaway?
Speaker 2: I think? So? She was great. Doctor Dre was good, but I don't know that show.
Speaker 4: I was movie where do I know him? That was doctor Dre from from n w A from the movie. I'm like, you got the real doctor?
Speaker 2: You didn't know? That's fun? He was. He was in the suit when the big ASSU. I was thank he was in twenty four too, right, Yeah was good? He was good. So yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I did not remember to pull a spike and say I'm not going to see this.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I saw it. I just put it because I wouldn't be able to add to the conversation. I probably won't be able to add anything to this either. I don't know the story. Yes, I'm a nerd spike, but again, I'm not a loser. I'm joking. You thought what that I read this. I was required reading.
Speaker 4: I thought it was required reading that the art institute.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: This was no required reading an art institute. I was like, bitch, I'll draw you a cyclops I'm not reading this nonsense.
Speaker 3: Maybe you remember have to maybe my Yeah, I didn't have to. Not the book per se, but just some of the just some of the parts of it or whatever. We learned about Greek mythology and art and stuff.
Speaker 2: You must have taken your core classes at art institute.
Speaker 4: I did not do that. My core classes were already done, so I haven't taken it that.
Speaker 2: You didn't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took some of those classes when we learned a lot of that's probably, but you learned you know, it's it's art based, so yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: What about you rot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think based on what I've been saying, you could tell like to enjoyed it because I appreciate the way it was created.
Speaker 2: And I'm a Christopher Nolan fan.
Speaker 4: It's no secret, Like I think the dude is masterful when it comes to big budget films.
Speaker 3: Like some people look really good at big budget films, and he's one of those guys. Like he's very very good at his craft, and I respect it. I mean, he has the track record. Whether you want to admit it or not, he has the track record. I think you can like him and you can also like Lord budget films. You know, you don't have to like one of the other. And as a filmmaker, I like him. I just wanted to fact check something. Yeah, Coogler has shot twenty percent of the film of Sinners in IMAX, So yeah, that is impressible for him to do this entire film in seventy millimeter imax. He actually had to create the technology to do it, so he is the one that created it to be able to do this, So that that in itself is crazy, and that allows, like for them not to use a lot of green screens c G I and and things like that to pull out certain color and textures and things like that.
Speaker 2: It's it's a purpose behind the found tall ass.
Speaker 3: It's meant to be able to look at this in the movies basically.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I appreciate that part. So I appreciate the technical part, and I just I like the story. I like this story a lot. I don't remember reading the entire book, but I do remember reading aspects of the story.
Speaker 2: In college or whatever.
Speaker 1: So so I was familiar with the characters here in this story.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Just typical? Typical, typical. Yes, there is c g I and Christopher Nolans. I don't know why you always listen to him.
Speaker 2: Director Director Christopher Nolan famously relied on extensive practical effects rather than that Yeahgi. He built life size sets, included sixty foot mechanical puppets for cyclop and full scale wooden ships for Matt Damon on Scotland.
Speaker 4: But there is still CGI in the movies just as extensive. Right, it doesn't say like completely that's your fault.
Speaker 2: What I said. I thought the bike account, I said, if it was, I could see how he would have did you know, different tricks like like you said, to make it seem like it is, like it's more practical. But anyway, man, I'm not I did. I'm just saying I didn't ask.
Speaker 4: But no, man, yea, I enjoyed this, man, I enjoyed this theater experience. I feel like, if you're going to go to the movies, this is what you go to the movies for. You know what I'm saying, This isn't like something that you sit in your living room and.
Speaker 2: Watch what you could.
Speaker 4: But this is what theatre experiences are for, and that and that's that's the business that Christopher Nolan is in. He's in the theater expendence experience business. He did it with Dark Uh, Dark Knight. He wanted to create an experience, you know when you walk in Imax. Like, so, yeah, man, I love this because Ryan Cooler is on that scene too.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Ryan Coogler can create Fruitville Station and you can also create centers.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that, man, And but nah, I just like the story in general. I get your guy's criticism about some of the some of the act that the casting choices in here, because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, how do you open up a movie like this with Travis Scott? Oh? I forgot about him? Yeah, Barred, I think, man, is he the first person you see? It don't matter. But I'm just like a beat Mike. He paid to be in this movie. He didn't get paid to be in this movie.
Speaker 4: I think he paid to be in this movie. Dude, Like you got this, dude, I'm like, try to Scott. Yeah, that is not a way to open up a movie. Like, I don't know, not this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not this movie. That was really weird to me.
Speaker 4: So that was kind of like a turn off, honestly, But as we got into it, I was just like cool and I get y'all with the accents that, like, yeah, they could have did better with the accents.
Speaker 1: Let me go out and get this out of the way. Did they play Zendaiya in this movie?
Speaker 2: They did a little bit what we had a large but small role.
Speaker 1: They kept advertising her lives and they it appeared to be they kept making it seem like she was going to be a big role in this movie that was doom too, you remember doing She was barely in it. We weren't really doing ship talking.
Speaker 2: But I didn't get that she was going to be the main focus in this movie. But they definitely used her in marketing material.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made it seem like she was gonna do more than just standing there and just look at gays Odysseus.
Speaker 2: And I like to dis again that she was just like and stuff. I didn't either, That's why I'm confused. I just I just kept hearing people say she was gonna be in Yeah, she was in the trailer, right, No, even if she was in the trailer, I don't imagine.
Speaker 4: They made it seem like she was the main part of the movie, and they had everybody's name because she has a big name.
Speaker 2: Of course they're gonna put her name in that ship. She's maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I mean, maybe you're right. I don't know. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: It felt like like, because you know, I think or maybe conflating this movie with people talking about the day a year in the movie.
Speaker 3: She's in sure, probably, And I also heard she got Tom Holland in his job.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know how much I believe that I did then. But I also saw John burnhal so I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: You know, Bernie's safe safety safety safety safety he was. Yeah, we never saw his face, but people like that, they said, they kind of added to you know, his menacing appearance.
Speaker 2: So ship the dude he came out the ground yeah later yeah, no dark aga Yeah, well he did come off the ground later, yeah, right, didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all he did was just kind of, you know, walk around and hug people. But anyway, so, yeah, the filmmaker you're talking about, Yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, because I was like, why did he show this mother face?
Speaker 2: Because I thought it was the guy that was in uh Star Wars. Oh that's the one that had the curly hair guy. Is it Adam Driver? Yeah that's what I thought. It was his face though, So that's who was in the in the in the dope Heilm and the ship. I was like, why are they not showing his face a whole? Who was it? That was Agamemnon the dude went back home and got killed? Yeah okay, and.
Speaker 4: That was played by the softy brother the film the directed uncut gems right, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so yeah, so I guess he was just throwing anybody any and everybody in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 1: But over all I loved it. I actually saw it twice. I actually want to go back and watch it again.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you? I loved this. You wanted to experience times? Did you see it? Like?
Speaker 1: So, I saw the imats first because I'm not a big believer. I think I MATS is overrated regular Yeah okay, so I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, but they tricked me. Damn. Did you see the seventy millimeters one? Yeah? I want to go see that's the one different. It is different. It is because I was seeing the stuff online. I don't know if he was AI Picks, but it was showing how it looked in imax. We could see a full helmet and everything, and then versus how it looked regular. My ship was cut off. You didn't go to the right when the ticket said seventy million. What I'm saying the ticket says seventy millions, it wouldn't even be.
Speaker 1: That's the one I was telling you about yesterday the Spike went to and when we were talking, no, I think it was Friday. It was like the difference between the But remember when I asked you, Spike, I was like, because you you were like, I said, what is the difference? And then I looked up and I saw I'm at sin is a seventy millimeter screen two. So so that's why I was talking to Rod, like, if there's a difference between I'm at seventy millimeter and then that's seven million.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. And everybody has a head.
Speaker 4: I know who anybody was from the job down.
Speaker 2: I can see that head. What the hell I can see the hen It's just like they were showing online where the top of it was cut out.
Speaker 1: It was like that in mind, it was difference, and I saw that I'm at first and I'm like, let me just go ahad and get this out the way.
Speaker 2: Because my wife and I went.
Speaker 1: She wanted to see it, so we went and saw it adobe my preferred way.
Speaker 2: But man, when.
Speaker 1: I it does make a difference because even though you do get to see everything, it did kind of add to the experience in this movie for whatever reason, just seeing more of the ship.
Speaker 2: So is laser the trash one, Yeah, Laser's trash because that's my thing.
Speaker 4: So I keep ending ending up seeing stuff in laser because that's the only time that works out. Yeah, but you can't I get that now because I couldn't tell what the fuck Like when they would be fighting, I couldn't tell what the hell was happening.
Speaker 2: It looked like Transformers. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that sucks. But yeah, I was bombing. I was like, what you're saying, this is difference because I don't understand. You just said it was a difference, then you said it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: No, don't listen to me. I'm just saying that in terms of the screen side, they're the same. What I looked up. I'm asked, is a seventy millimeter? And then you went to a seventy millimeter?
Speaker 2: But it didn't say I mixed.
Speaker 1: It didn't say I'm ass And that's where I got confused. But I don't know the difference between the two. That's why I was asking him, what you.
Speaker 2: Say, I'm at seventy millimeters?
Speaker 4: Is it's the taller format, And that's what I was trying to figure out how AMC was doing it, And that's what I was saying. I say, do they have another theater outside of the regular Imax because where are they gonna show this one at?
Speaker 2: So I'm like, if they're trying to use the same IMAX screen, I just don't understand why they would put like regular large projection, which is the regular IMAX experience versus differ because think about when you went to go see when they when you went to go see Oppenheimer and Sinners.
Speaker 3: If you want to go see that in Imax, it's not like the seventy MILLI million that he just shot this in.
Speaker 2: Do you get what I'm saying? So I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I haven't been to it yet, so I don't know. How they're doing it. So that's what I was trying to ask him, like, well, how are they doing that? Because if it's on the.
Speaker 3: Seven, if it's on the Imax screen, like, is it filling up most of this more of the screen. So maybe the one you saw didn't fill up the whole screen.
Speaker 2: It did, so it might and it was supposed to be more screen, which is what I thought I was buying or getting to when I bought the ticket, the one that you could see everything on the screen, the one that I was at, it was seventy millimeters, but it wasn't Imax. Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: They probably played you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was one scene if I remember correctly, and i'mats like the ship the ship was cut off. All you saw was the ship and the imats. You saw the ship and then you saw the ocean, so it kind of opened up. So but yeah, more horizontically. But anyway, but yeah, I loved it, Like I've read the Iliad and Odyssey, so I'm that loser.
Speaker 2: But I love Greek mythology.
Speaker 1: Greek mythology got me into like great storytelling, and then that was kind of like and this was a long time ago, but I think that's what led me to like comics with all the characters and different stuff that they have in here, which led me to, you know, down that path. So so yeah, so, and I saw it in forty X by the way, and I want to I'm so tempted to go watching that was it?
Speaker 2: So I want to see it in forty yes, and I want to see what you saw. It was so good. I don't know what this ship was, but.
Speaker 1: I might get a ticket and may not stay and watch it. I just want to see the screen. I might just go find a time just where you you don't go to south Lake. Yeah, that's that's the wor so it was theater twenty. That's that's that's on the side exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying that even when they told me the theater that was, and I was like, what, oh you got play but I sent you my ticket. I know my ticket. It said seventy minimo And I don't know how they did that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Uh, let's get into the movie, man, because that was a long opening. But uh yeah, anyway, we opened with the horse, and the movie closed with the horse. Uh, and then we're introduced to like the suitors and stuff like that. We see tellmarkas uh, he's protecting the beggars, which is a rule that a DC is and and zoos kind of follows. It's something that they have in place, which is, you know, a key thing. As we found out later, we also learned that it's been eight years since the Fall of Troy and almost twenty years since well DC has left. And Penelope was telling us all that shit because she was upset the whole movie.
Speaker 2: She was pitched it was twenty years altogether. Yeah, she said it was almost twenty years since he been gone. Mm yep.
Speaker 1: So did this kind of serve because all of it, like, all this kind of run together. So I'm kind of doing high level summary, So did this kind of how do you guys feel as they did? You guys feel like they did their job of giving us background to kind of start setting up the movie, because there's a lot more set up left.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I do feel like they did a great job at establishing who was who and what was going on. A good enough job, not everything, but like a good enough job to kind of get us going.
Speaker 1: Because he kind of did it in batches because there's a lot of information that they have to kind of dump on us.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was rushed.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 2: As I was watching it, I feel like they rushed through that. Maybe I'm just thinking about what you just I feel like it's kind of rushed. So you thought it was rush yeah, I was. I was immediately confused.
Speaker 4: I was like, for the first thirty five minutes, I was just like, what the fuck is even happening right now?
Speaker 2: Where the hell was Odysseus, Why he ain't back, Why spurts?
Speaker 4: Why they're showing any these spurts. Why is Peter Parker conn his mama ho? I was just like, I don't understand what the hell is happening?
Speaker 2: But it it.
Speaker 4: Gradually, Yeah, it got there, But for the first thirty minutes, No, I'm a spike.
Speaker 2: It was right. Yeah, there's a lot more set up too.
Speaker 3: It's set up that you don't realize that's there until until you get there, though, because when you get there, it's like, oh, okay, that makes at this.
Speaker 2: Point I had those moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still did not have those moments because the whole time I was just like, why is Odisseus trash? You didn't you like Grick Grimes? So of course you didn't think he was. He was giving me Grick Grimes vibes the whole movie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we were talking about this year was terrible. He was.
Speaker 4: We'll look into the reasons why. But yeah, the question, I don't think he was a good y'all a leader with him.
Speaker 2: Did you watch this movie? He got all the people talking about at the end before that, Before.
Speaker 4: Before that, he kept going places that he didn't need.
Speaker 2: To be okay when he didn't go the right route in the very beginning, I do agree with you, and I was done at the cycloss part. I was like, I want to walk out of this movie. Right. Yeah, we we'll get we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the fact, so we'll talk about all of the things that he did that was stupid.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that he isn't make dumb decisions, but I don't think he's a horrible person.
Speaker 4: Bad leader than the leader was definitely in that sentence, you see a bad leader. Yeah you think on that. Yeah, So anyway, you would love to have more content from Frames per second.
Speaker 2: Become a patron where you can contribute to what we.
Speaker 4: Review and discuss our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think watching it so I feel you.
Speaker 1: The first time I watched it, it was like you're just thrown into this world, you know, about the horse thing and stuff like that, and then we get all of this like as might like to say, exposition about stuff that's happening and U and it's like, and that's just the first a couple of minutes. But yeah, Penelope is visibly upset, but she's holding out hope that Addie returns, Tellingmarchus is frustrated that all these men are trying to bang his mom and claim basically tooth throws, you know. So so yeah, all this ship is happening. So yeah, so he's upset about that ship. Yeah, that's that's all they were trying.
Speaker 2: And he was mad about that ship. So then we shift to more story and more.
Speaker 1: Background where we get to mentor, which is actually where the word comes from.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. So those people were paying to stay in the castle as suitors, like I didn't they were drinking. I didn't think they were paining. They just showed up. Yeah, they showed up for her to pick the hub. Because OF's rules, she couldn't kick him out, yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they were drinking and eating all of his which they kept reminding him of.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well Tea kept reminding him of that, and I think Penny as well. But anyway, so yeah, so we shift to men tour uh and he's training Telemachus and then that's when we get more background information about what happened during the twenty years. So we hear about Synox story and a Tenius and how Tenius was supposed to go uh to war but he switched with synoc and uh Odcus caught it and that's why he made Uh. I think a Tenious family paid for a Synox family, So that's their whole thing.
Speaker 2: Which that ship was confused to me, that was in this movie. Yeah, it was very confusing. I didn't have to look it up. Mike, Yeah, they were standing in line and the two little boys was right there and short little boy and oh that part you're talking about, kay yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So that's what happened with that, which of course comes back later. And he was lying about it, right, Yeah, he was telling everybody that he wanted to go, but they wouldn't let it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, yeah, he said, yeah, he wouldn't let him.
Speaker 1: And then, of course, you know, they also like everything that happened in this movie, they told us was gonna happen, you know. So he was talking to damn, what is the old man name with the eye?
Speaker 2: Look it up? I don't I didn't write that fucking down.
Speaker 1: Uh oh mayus, Oh yeah, mays, yeah, don't give me line with the names.
Speaker 2: So wait, they originally picked the guy that went anyway, right, No, no, they picked the other guy, Yeah, Robert Patterson's character. So no, that's what I was confusing. So why didn't he go because it was a coward? Huh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought they picked the Yeah, the little dude and the other guy was going to swap and they said, no, you can't do.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what I picked.
Speaker 1: That's not what happened, young Young Ateneus pulls the rod. That means he has to fight, but he was afraid, so he struck a deal with sin On, the son of the servant for his wealthy family. Sinon took his place in the war, and in exchange, at Tennis's father paid Sinon's family.
Speaker 2: That's what happened. But that wasn't in the movie.
Speaker 1: Though it was in the movie. They just explained it really really poorly.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was Yeah, I thought he didn't pick it up. I thought he just switched with dude and dude got picked over.
Speaker 1: Him, because that's why he said later on when he's talking to the That's why he was like, yeah, my family died poor and starving because the dude didn't uphold his job, and that's why he said, I'm gonna give be a shame back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what happened. It was confusing as fun. Oh so we're supposed to pick up the dude that stayed in his whole family with pieces of ship, Yeah, gotcha, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but yeah, they told us that if because I think t was asking uh U mayas, like what would happened to my dad came back and seen all this ship.
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, he'll come.
Speaker 1: Back and kill everybody and everybody yeah yeah, and he said some with coward and some once they see him killing everybody.
Speaker 2: That ship happened everything in this movie.
Speaker 1: After watching the second time that happened, they told us what happened. But we also learned about his morals and about him plucking the bowl because that's important.
Speaker 2: That was fire. Yeah, And at the end, Mike, I thought that what that was fire? How's it stupid? How is it stupid? I thought you was with him? Wait? I thought, who was with the bad leader part? That's me?
Speaker 1: I said, bad leader, not yeah, I think that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: To that's an addition to it. That's not the leader part. But that's just stupid. A man of honor, honor that got your whole team killed because you're stupid. I thought that's what might get away. But at the end he was at the end, it was hard that. I think. I feel like they only did that so they can have that part at the end.
Speaker 4: At the beginning, when he was hunting, I was like, you supid as fuck, man, you hungry.
Speaker 2: You must not be that hungry. I want to give a chance. Then put your boat down and go fucking wrestle with him. Right.
Speaker 1: Body knows he's a bad motherfucker and he knows that even if I get his mother fucker chance, he ain't got a.
Speaker 2: Chance until it sucked him up. It did a pig fucked him up.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, so but really, looking like that dude that the Bison got to the of.
Speaker 1: Was really to just give us more background about it, Tenius, and then show us that move that t was gonna do later, the belly.
Speaker 2: Belly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was it. So anybody find any of that stuff helpful?
Speaker 2: All right? I like to fight and see the belly thing. I thought that was pretty dope up real quick though. When he was fighting, Yeah, he was saying, you're doing the your combos too quick, and he was how your belly. It didn't help him. I mean it took right. He still got stabs, Like, yeah, you were supposed to get stabs. That's because that's because he didn't stay for the training because all he heard was showing your belly.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, anyway, some more background because we gotta get into the movie because all this it's a three hour movie. Also, be patient, Uh, that's listening but uh so, we also hear that Ifaga niece came for security and the room is growing restless, and then we see he's talking to Penny and she basically wants him to remarry. But they also show us that Agamemnon sacrifice his darter to the gods.
Speaker 2: Was I the only one that thought that was in there? Where when that little black baby baby? Yeah, he was talking to his mama and he took the little baby out to that. She took the baby out to the scene because she says, you got to give a sacrifice to get a sacrifice. Yeah, I don't remember that part. Oh man who carried the baby out there? I didn't know with the helmet the wind that got killed. He went back home. That's why. That's why his wife killed him. Oh asleep, No, asleep, But I don't remember that. That's a major porter. That's the reason why that got killed.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was dark, that's right. You said you went to the shitty.
Speaker 2: Sit theater not even know what the I was looking at the shadow shadow.
Speaker 3: Now, he sacrificed the daughter to the sea because he was just like ship, he will kill all of us. He killed his own daughter. What do he sacrifice her for what was he for grace for uh, for grace on his travels. Okay, yeah, that's pretty stupid.
Speaker 2: It worked, still died and came now a se right, not traveling.
Speaker 1: Prince yees all, you got traveling mercy, deal with the devil always details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got traveling mercy.
Speaker 1: But like those Trump accounts, right, that's how the Trump account this year, maybe ten, twelve, fifteen years now.
Speaker 2: But your eyes go get gone, don't get got.
Speaker 1: But uh but yeah, so now yeah, so anyway, uh and then you know a bunch of conversations about you know, shipping roots and Troy being impenetrable. Uh kind of reminded me of America and all ship that's going on with the rip roots and ship like that.
Speaker 2: It was very parallel with war like that here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so uh but yeah, he asked her to take a hub a hubby to protect the city and herself, and she dropped the bar that love is not a sacrifice.
Speaker 2: I like that line. Not some bullshit, but yeah, it's a nice little little bar just to show you. You just wanted to stay on the throne by yourself. She said, ca, none of these niggs competiti your daddy. Yeah, basically what she was saying, he's been on twenty years. She lying, bro, thank you. She did being up there by herself. She did. She sat set in the movie. She's like, they act like I ain't been running this ship, like it's not God damn built through it's do I trust that was her wanted her husband though she did. She didn't even recognize Hi when he came back. That I disagree with. I think she knew who that was. No, at some point in the conversation. I feel like she knew who it was. The closer to them. Why Crystal is always doing that to us? You know, that's Batman. I'm like, that's all I can think about too. She was Batman. But he didn't even discuss. He was just talking regular. That's why I felt like she knew. I was like, he ain't even like that. She got to know it has been twenty years. Has been twenty years. But bad man too. Yeah it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Man, But yeah, but he's telling them I can still pissed off that they're still trying to sleep with his mom and anyone.
Speaker 2: DC is back, Uh you know, but he wants to sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh yeah, but but so he wants to throw but she's like, nah, she wants her husband.
Speaker 2: Back and uh.
Speaker 1: And we also get the story about the ball, which all is a setup for later on.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then we see Antenna is kicking you know, the dog and the mass come up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hated that ship. They've been doing a lot of dogs in the last couple of weeks watching man. Yeah, I know. Uh.
Speaker 1: Spike was telling Marcus a pump for running to get his daddy after he got his ass kicked by doctor drem.
Speaker 2: My daddy, because that's what happened, is what happened. He ran around and found out talking all that ship and then I like DoD dressa. Y'all seen him, right, He swung first, Bro, he swung first? Seeing him? Oh nah, I mean he feel I feel like he knew at that moment, like his mom was telling him, Man, you're just a boy, like he's grown ass men out here. You think that you can like have some type of say in what they do and how they like carrying themselves and how she came like you just ain't got the ability to you. And I think that scene right after that conversation was really good. So then go find your daddy ship. After that, he ain't talked to his mom. He love it. He go find your daddy. Right he got slammed on the ground. I'm talking to the conversations before when she was like you just boy, just said it, you know, just the boy. Kids don't listen to the parents. She was trying to tell him out.
Speaker 1: He said, all they want is for you to give him a reason and to kill you and then that's it. Don't take your ass out there and suck with these damn man.
Speaker 3: You're like, please, don't hurt my son.
Speaker 2: Queen.
Speaker 4: She had to be like, yo, please don't. I know, I know he'll he'll be a little bad ass, but right, please, please don't hurt my baby. Don't hurt my baby.
Speaker 2: He jumped up quick. I was like, man, he went for a nigga moll right there too, Like y'all seen this, y'all see with me. Character had the fake save.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, alright, alright, yeah he had took the dog out, put the dog out or whatever you know. So and uh yeah, but at this point, now everything is set, including a guy wearing the spurs because you may have told him like, bro, I don't know why are you walking around with him loud as damn boots on.
Speaker 2: I like that the breadcrumbs that they dropped the movie really even that in the Dog because when it happened later with the dog. Yeah, I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now Mike, we see Odysseus, we see Addie. He's out on a on an island with a white woman, Calypso, and they basically use her as a vehicle to tell the rest of the stories using flashbacks that we eventually get answers to. Uh, now we're probably like the two we're finished the third of the movie. I say, this is probably about the second and third. Yeah, how they told this did them using her?
Speaker 2: And so none of this work. I didn't understand that was supposed to be like the most beautiful woman in the world. Oh it is. Yeah, that was supposed to be like some god is from what I read, you know, but that was supposed to be like a beautiful goddess. That's what I'm saying. Like, if but they wouldn't wanted me to believe that, I'd go back to Anne half the way over her like she's kind of old. So I just don't feel like they did. You wouldn't supposed to use. She's fine, but she ain't like I'm supposed to believe she's the most beautiful old though she got old over time. She probably was. She probably was that been there seven years. She a woman can change a lot in seven years, especially a white woman. I just she was like, I got this. She was there well after I figured it out that she was supposed because I would I want to be there if I feel like I got a family. I thought she was. I thought he was.
Speaker 4: He was, Uh, you forgot under a spell because he was eating them fly She.
Speaker 2: Kept dragging him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how he ended up saying it wasn't just because it was just it was about choice.
Speaker 2: Okay. I I thought one of the tricks was supposed to be the PRIs a trick and she basically yeah, that's yeah. Basically Circe did that to.
Speaker 1: A season the book, the only way he can get off the island was he had to sleep with Circe.
Speaker 2: They ain't doing it in the movie. But what about you ro Did you like the pacing of this alpha Yeah? Yeah, but did you like how they used Yeah? I like how they used this vehicle to tell the flashbacks.
Speaker 3: It made the most sense since he's been stranded and he's trying to remember, he's seeing all the ship wrecords, all this this whole time, and it's just he's slowly piecing it together because she's feeding him less of the lotus, so he's recalling everything. So yeah, I thought this was a really good way to tell the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know he's losing his mind, like he's talking to Athena Zendia and clips were like, man, who are.
Speaker 2: You talking to?
Speaker 3: He like, you talk about two people and your and this this other one.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So, uh, just a bunch of other conversations. But Calypso here thunder in the daytime and she hears thunder at night, and that's when she was like, all, yeah, it's about the time you.
Speaker 2: Did get up out here. Yeah. Yeah, so you got you gotta go.
Speaker 1: Uh And then of course you had a Athena basically saying that, you know, you need to get your ass.
Speaker 2: Out of off this island, get back home. Uh.
Speaker 1: But Callpso didn't really want to let him go, basically had him there on some misery shit.
Speaker 2: Uh. So, and then we get how.
Speaker 1: Everything went down. So you know, after the war, they set for set self a home. Agamenon taps up Odysseus, the punisher just looks and stairs him down for some whatever, for some reason.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But Mike, as you were saying earlier, Odysseus and his arrogance decides he's gonna take the long way home, and Uriculus, the lero on the ship, was like, Agamemnon is going through the provisions route, Why we kinda go all the way around when we could just go home this way?
Speaker 2: But he's like nah. He wasn't even no good response to it.
Speaker 4: No, he was just like basically because I said so, yeah, there was no real reason for them to do that.
Speaker 2: It was irritating. It was almost like, yeah, we we just won this. You know, I'm the guy, you know I work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just yeah, basically, but they got lucky and they found an island which they pillaged.
Speaker 3: They didn't get lucky ad the first island, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The first island was the Cyclops.
Speaker 1: No, that was the second album. The first island. Yeah, the first island. He was like, you're lucky, bastard. And then the the first island was when they walked up and that guy they were talking to that was speaking another language they had the interpreted was liked that way. Yeah, he was like, don't yep, yep, And they were. They were running through the island. They were pillaging everything, and fu sit up.
Speaker 2: He said. The sea people came right, all thought he said they were coming. That's what the guy said. I thought. I think. I was like, man, you need to take your ass home. Well, he said he's going home, but I'm going this way, and he was like, nah, we don't need to go that way. But he said, didn't that guy say something about the sea people? I can't remember.
Speaker 4: They all said something about the sea people. That's why we find out the end that the sea people is actually Odysseus.
Speaker 2: Right, So why did he say that to Odysseus when he seen.
Speaker 4: Odysseus Because he didn't know that Odysseus was the sea people. I don't think anyone knew until the end. Yeah, it's dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyway, they got lucky and they found out that they pillaged it. And then instead of going home, he decided to take another scenic route and he landed in that stopping Mike.
Speaker 2: This is when we ran into the cydeclops could see they got cheesy here and eat it. No refrigerator or nothing. Man, I was like, bro, if y'all don't get the fuck out this room.
Speaker 1: But he man, he thought it was Hey, look that damn Sideclops came home and closed the door.
Speaker 4: Now the Cideclops confused me because I was like, Okay, can he see or not?
Speaker 2: You can see, but I will not. Well, they just had bad vision. This line of vision is just the one. You know what I'm saying. The motherfuckers run in front of me.
Speaker 4: How was he not seeing that, He's saying, because he's there, like they're like ants to him.
Speaker 2: I can see an ant like close.
Speaker 4: Not really, I could tell at from a from a spider, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I was confused as she was dark dark. Yeah, shadow, you can see him when they got in the Fire's dark. Yeah, I was so the dark. It's one of the big ants. That ship was confusing. Man, Now he can't.
Speaker 1: So in the original story of the Cyclass this was I am he remember he asked you.
Speaker 2: He was like, what's your name? Nobody? You know this story he has the Cyclops stuck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in the original version when they go to the Cyclops, he was like, what's your name? He was like nobody, And they kept going back and forth. So then when he attacked him and got out, he said, who hit you? Hurt you? Like nobody? Nobody hurt me? And that was okay, all right, talked in the book yeaked here too, but yeah, but this was a deviation from the book. So yeah, he came home and closed the door. Uh, he ate two soldiers and then he got the itist.
Speaker 3: How did he get and if he closed the door, he closed behind him.
Speaker 2: It seemed like he closed it from the outside, But I guess he pulled the rock like a shower slide. Yeah, yeah, but you do have a good point though, because the outside, like how would you pull it? I thought he just lifted it up, That's what I thought. Yeah, yeah, and then how would you do from the inside? No, I thought the rock was on the ground. He just walked over it and then just picked it up and put it in the across the outside of the cave, not the inside of the cave. I thought, I don't That's where I'm with you at.
Speaker 3: I don't remember, That's what I'm saying. I don't remember seeing him actually coming walking past.
Speaker 2: Did he walk past him. He walked past him, so he closed it and then walked past. We're sure this, No, all I know is he closed the door. He closed the door, but.
Speaker 4: I don't remember him getting to the other side and the shadows and then yanked the ass.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. No, I think when he I don't know. Yeah, when he first sat down there was by the fire. They was looking up at him, and he just grabbed one of their asses. I thought that was like one of the second I thought that was the second time he came in. Oh, no, he ate them up. He ate too when he first came in.
Speaker 4: So was he dumb or something, because like, wouldn't he eat too and then think there's.
Speaker 2: Probably more in here? No, he's he couldn't hear him either.
Speaker 4: That was that one and got full and feels I get it, but that was white meat.
Speaker 2: He couldn't hear them. Crazy.
Speaker 4: I was just confused about this part, really bad. I just didn't understand the dynamics of the of the cyclops.
Speaker 2: We're really hearing, because like, can you can you hear it? Ants don't talk.
Speaker 4: Don't get mad at me because you asked your goofy asked questions. Ants don't make sounds, Bro Crawley, No, but he wasn't that big. He could hear these motherfuckers like they were talking loud.
Speaker 2: It was echoing in there.
Speaker 4: This book got up on him and was like, I think he's asleep. You shut the funk up. It was it was not the funk out before. Yeah, having like that ship took him out, Bro. He went to sleep and he spit the helmet out like a sunflower scene.
Speaker 2: Bro. That ship the way he was eating them U.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, So this is when we saw like bad leadership from these were where it started terrible plans.
Speaker 2: For real, from getting stuck in there exactly. It was a damn now that you do? Why would you think you know it would be a good idea for us to get out? Stab him in the eye. He didn't come up with that plane.
Speaker 1: That was the third plan, Mike, and that was didn't work.
Speaker 2: The first plane. First was like when he opened the door, we all gonna run real fast and try to get out. That seemed like the best plan to me. Didn't work. It didn't work, but that this is like that it works.
Speaker 1: For the kicked them motherfuckers. Some of them got out. He kicked them motherfuckers up against the wall and he ate some more.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the one where he had that motherfucker looking like that that bison dude.
Speaker 2: He kicked that dude. That dude was flipping in the air. I was crying. I was imagine that show.
Speaker 4: Last fucking thing you see, yo, Sorry ass boss is like yo, when he opened the door, just run and you try to run that motherucker.
Speaker 2: Kick you you flip it. And I was it seemed like they could have been he ran back in there because the boys was It's like I could have just waited till he left. He seemed like he left every day.
Speaker 1: How they gonna move the rock? Yeah, he put the They came in there, the rock was down, the door was over when he came in. That's what I thought was I'm with understanding that, or maybe he knew they were in there so he started locking them in.
Speaker 2: That's what that's probably he knew they were in there. Then he he knew they were in there because he knew they couldn't get out. He keeping his keeping him alive. So when he was ready to eat eating livestock.
Speaker 4: I like this whole part this ship was. You shouldn't like livestock, but he let the livestock leave.
Speaker 2: Him come back. I don't know what he was doing. I was was confusing, but.
Speaker 1: Either way, I think the I forgot the second plan was the hay and then the third plan.
Speaker 2: The second plan was blended in with the yeah, blending with sheet.
Speaker 1: The third planer he used man, I think he used men as ponds to get out that ship didn't work. And then finally they were just like, all right, man, we're just gonna hit this motherfucker upside the head.
Speaker 3: But that's causual to the awards. So when you say he's not a good leader, I mean you have front line.
Speaker 2: Everybody can't go like you said half front line.
Speaker 4: That was both dumb as fuck because the rock is still up.
Speaker 2: You stab let him flock out every day. Didn't they have something to join the rock open?
Speaker 1: They said they were going to try to use that, but that wasn't gonna right.
Speaker 2: They were gonna basically use it as a lever.
Speaker 4: The only way they can get out of him lifting that ship. So you stab him an eye, How did that help you?
Speaker 2: Because he couldn't see, but he could apparently couldn't see before he couldn't see. Well, this didn't make no, but either way it worked.
Speaker 4: And how do you see the rock you can feel walking around your house in the dark. Player you just said I can't like a cake? There you go, but I got to did he only has one?
Speaker 1: Either way he got he got out, uh, and everybody got out. The plan work this time and did he purposely.
Speaker 2: Got his hand. This iniated me. Can yeah, but this he knew that their motherfuckers got out.
Speaker 1: And the cyclope was mad, so that's why he threw the help.
Speaker 2: He was like, take your help, y'all, punk ass, this is for my dad. So I was so fucking mad. I was like, are you serious? Because he shot?
Speaker 4: There was no reason. Let's wait, no, no, no, you go ahead. And I was like, it'd be one thing if he could kill him, but you know you're.
Speaker 2: Not getting killed. Piss him off. Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, he's like, I love to chase the one. You fucking wait till we get back to the boat. You come back and shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't the moment. Ricka Leroy to get it with stuff.
Speaker 4: You think you can out power, but you just saw that you cannot out powered.
Speaker 2: Some white people. Really was he just had to do. He just had you just had to do that ship he's so used.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you notice this was if I'm not mistaken, this was the one time he did not pluck his ball. She didn't have to because he but remember that the reason why I that I was because he didn't do it with honor and he and from this point on he was cursed.
Speaker 2: I thought that's why he I thought that was why he shot him, because that he was. That was the way. It was equivalent to plucking the boat. Why did he do it then? Because he.
Speaker 1: If the cyclocks didn't throw the helmet at Odysseus, he probably would have just left, said fallen soldier.
Speaker 2: Na it was the helmet. Yeah, this like that helmet pissed them off. I was like, want to do after I left? You want to talk? Now? You ain't your one eye? That's what happened, Like, oh for real? And you know he shot He looked around like.
Speaker 4: He was so kiddish the way Odyssey, this is a hole, bro. It was so I think I was just like, oh my god, Like in the theater, I was just like, oh, I can't believe he just did me too?
Speaker 1: His soyc class was so mad, bro, he was it was pissed when he got through the water.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know he was mad when he fell in the water.
Speaker 4: You know if somebody pissed you off and you either fall or you bump into something and make it ten times. When he's tripped on that rock, tripped on that all and he threw at him that ship was so funny. He trying to throw a rock at him, but he couldn't see it, and knowing to throw it, he does threw the ship wherever he could throw it and then tripped over it. And I know he was so mad when he stood up back.
Speaker 2: God, damn it, I fell. He was embarrassing. Yeah, he was because everybody could see him, but he couldn't see him.
Speaker 4: He's like, I know everybody saw that ship too, man, And he said Poseidon's his father.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like Posidon avenged meal help or something like that. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but that they did, and they were like, hey, man, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: What they said. He was good. He cursed him or something. He said. He said, Posidon, they have they have blinded me.
Speaker 4: I forgot what he said after that, but yeah, he was basically asking Poseidon to curse them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's his son. D didn't believe in the gods like that. He kept talking about the god journey. So what I was thinking was, Mike, do you think this is also kind of like almost like a metaphor of DC is kind of leading his flock to death, you know, with the kind of the ship, the sheep and stuff like that, And I thinking too much.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you know, maybe I didn't. I didn't put that together, but probably because I mean anywhere he let his people they died, Yeah, because he's sorry as hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's terrible. So anyway, so we jumped back. He was talking. Sorry, he was talking to Calypso and he was like, oh, do I have a son?
Speaker 1: So we go back to Telemarca's who arrived at Sparta. We already kind of talked about the Punisher and the face that launched a thousand ships and he scarred her up. This was the deviation from the movie from yeah, yeah, from the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I assumed he did it, but I can understand was killing his brother. He didn't do that. The twin killed his brother. The prince did that to her?
Speaker 4: What Prince No, No, I think he did that because remember he wanted Helen.
Speaker 2: That's why it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think because she did refuse once he got her, that was punishment for her.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Wait a minute, because you know she got a twin, so that wasn't the same grood. No, Okay, Helen one was Helen Detroit understood. One was Helena Helen Niggas. I forgot what her name was.
Speaker 1: It started with the ce understood Okay, uh club click clicked him in extra.
Speaker 2: Sound like an STD. I'm the fucking with no woman named Clintonestra. You got you got that ship? You must have that. Yeah, have a good ship. So yeah.
Speaker 1: But but anyway, so but they used this basically to tell the story of Troy or the horse and how the horse came about. And we found out that Sina that well, we found out later that a dc Is lied to Sina about the whole thing with the horse and ship because he really thought it was a gift for them. He didn't know that, he didn't know they were in the damn.
Speaker 2: Oh that's dirty. That's that's why they killed them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's dirty trash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember we haven't gotten it yet. But remember when he was talking to he was like, why did you lie to me?
Speaker 2: Bro? He was like when he went to hell?
Speaker 1: He was like, I would have So it's it's the way some of this stuff is confusing, But I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Are you just confused me? What happened now? Sam? Was was Elliott Page? Yeah? So the dude that was standing in front of the horse when the Troy people from Troy got there and got shot, he didn't know nobody was inside the horse. He thought, that's what I don't know. We didn't see how they got in or when they got in. I would he not know that everybody would to got that you don't like this part of the plan. He did not know, Bro, because remember only did say what Ken is saying when they got there, ghost or whatever. He's like, you lied to me? What did he say? He lied to him about the horse? That was the horse confused? I don't think he was a part of the plan. Nah.
Speaker 4: I really did just think that that horse was a gift. It didn't seem like he was ready to just die like that.
Speaker 2: Did he die?
Speaker 4: He m they killed him in They threw a whole as spike through his shoulders. The spike went through here or whatever, and they didn't know. They definitely killed him, positive because I thought he stopped the dude from about from killing him.
Speaker 2: That was the open scene.
Speaker 1: Later on they killed him, so yeah, it was kind of a misdirection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so what ros talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in the openness scene, he was like, no, no, no, you can't kill a person that's bringing a gift to a thing.
Speaker 2: That that's a violation of the gods. Right. They end up killing him later They did kill him. They stopped in that opening scene. They just didn't chop his head off. He was gonna die. They threw a whole spot spear through him, but but they live through that.
Speaker 1: They officially killed him in this scene. We just didn't see it, but we heard it. That's what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: They pulled the spear out after they said you know what you're here for, and he was like, oh, it's a gift, bru.
Speaker 2: And then I think later on we hear them kill him too. I thought they just pulled the spear out and he fell over dead.
Speaker 1: I think they I think they threw the spear in him because we're now have the perspective inside the horse and the spear comes through, they pull it out, and I think later we hear them actually kill him from inside, but I don't know, and I think that's what anyway, it don't matter, he dead, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did you guys like the whole Troy thing like this was great? Yeah? Okay, this was fucking great.
Speaker 4: All that was tense, like them being inside. Now this just made me think again, Odysseus.
Speaker 2: Trash, because why did you build the horse so close to the fucking water? Thank you? I was like, what is wrong with you? Why I'm so dumb? So these motherfuckers inside are drowning.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the way Nolan wanted to create it and make it seem like it was just a part of the wreckage.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: So they wanted to make it like the horse the gift was a part of the ship records, and that's why you don't see where the ship is because it was just part of the wreckage and is the surviving thing of the records.
Speaker 1: So that was part of the trick to make it seem like the horseship wreck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was part of the trick, whereas other stories it's just shown like it's on the it's on the beach, and it's like, why is this shit just rackulously just right? He could have moved the horse back some dog huh. He could have moved the horse back some. He could have moved the back some because he's trash.
Speaker 2: It's like, how did you not know the water was gonna come up here and drown people?
Speaker 4: You trash, Let's build a horse right by the water.
Speaker 2: Oh no, people are drowning.
Speaker 1: Yes, stupid because Mike, they've been Spike. They've been on the island for ten years. They've seen this fucking tide come up.
Speaker 2: And y'all know how the water works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what Punisher was saying, Like, we've been there for ten years, you know, until a guy came through and came up with this great plan.
Speaker 2: And he's sitting there strolling and he's sitting.
Speaker 1: There strolling along the beach, taking walks on the beach and ship like they get strategized.
Speaker 2: That was a shitty strata and he should have known that. It wasn't though it took up with Troy with distract, but half his men. Again, he just keeps letting.
Speaker 4: His people die and they wouldn't be casualties if he wasn't stupid.
Speaker 2: Why did it take Troy ten years to find them?
Speaker 1: Did they think they got stuck on? I think either they couldn't penetrate the city or.
Speaker 2: You know, the people that came looking for them. Why did it take them so long to find out? It takes a long time to sail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Saale, well, they weren't selling they they they came up on horsemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had to they had to sail there first, right, I think that was they were already on that. That's what I'm saying. If that was the island enemy people that, yeah, that was the island of Troy. Why did it take them? I think yeah, I think it was because they can't even get in here anyway. So yeah, they patrolling. One day after ten years, they found this big ass horse had been on the beach.
Speaker 1: Because they believe in the god, so it made sense that there would be a gift from the god.
Speaker 2: They thought it was a peace offering. Ye, that makes sense. Yeah. So it was like, yeah, so but nah, this this ship. You like this ship? Right? I love this.
Speaker 4: I always liked this story, and I liked his portrayal of the story. It was intense because you don't think about. It's kind of like the slave ships.
Speaker 3: How you're sitting on top of ship and piss and all that. You don't think about, Like, yeah, they're sitting in this thing, but ship. They got to go to the restaurant.
Speaker 1: That's why one boy was that. One guy was trying to get up out of there.
Speaker 3: Bro right, So he was like, yeah, yeah, so just to think about because these are things you don't think about.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, it's cool, you know, it's a Georgia war. No, no, no people in there waiting to attacker. That's how happened. In the books, I.
Speaker 4: Can't I don't think they go into the details of details. So I thought that was a good detail to tell that part. It's the same way they don't talk about, like, like I said, the slave ship, they don't talk about that part, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, so I thought that was very similar to to that or whatever. But yeah, man was gangsters hell Like. It definitely paid off from that story of a trojan.
Speaker 1: Horse and seeing them pull the horse up using the logs and stuff like that. Them being you know, chostled and pushed around. You know, it's hot, you know, it's sweaty.
Speaker 2: Stay quiet. Yeah, they poking the horse. Oh yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Stand it up, and then they just take over the whole city. Now this was intense. The bridge, I mean, the opening door, the gate man, the music, with the with the with the drums.
Speaker 2: So how does that So they inside the horse, they penetrate the walls, they get out, they overtake the guards to open the door for the rest of the troops. How did they get word to the rest of the troops. He dropped the fire over the Yeah, over the wall.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking that maybe because they knew the plan, so maybe they would kind of get close enough to look for the signel uh and just waiting.
Speaker 2: If the signal didn't happen, then they'll just go back to where they were.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when the motherfucker's finally open and this motherfucker uh Agame.
Speaker 2: Walks with that hand on with the helmet and ship on.
Speaker 4: Yeah like that, he was just standing there in the middle.
Speaker 2: I wish we would have seen him do some ship though. Was he supposed to be like a bad Yeah, but we ain't really see him fire all that much. I think he was the king of his his uh, his podcast Odysseus.
Speaker 1: Was, yeah, it's farta but anyway, uh so yeah, so as telling Marks about to dip, you know, uh, the punisher kind of leaves the line. He says a line of you know, what kind of you know? He was like, yeah, your dad maybe in prison or something like that. He was like, what kind of prison can hold a man like that?
Speaker 2: M hm? A woman? A woman? Right, ship, And that's exactly what happened, And that's what happened with him.
Speaker 1: So he stuck on this damn island and then we see the third island. This was changed from the books. Spike, what the hell was wrong with that kid? And when if that kid started doing that ship? Would you have just turned around the left? I would have left immediately. One time, a little badass kid just first was just staring at him, Go getting out of here. This little demon ain't no telling what he got going on. I can't say the name of the Lastronians or something like that.
Speaker 2: Biking Mike, they came up. They didn't say ship. I was like, boy, these nicks got bad. Luck. Boy just started killing and moving good.
Speaker 1: Dang, oh Dseus again Rod, there wasn't he followed again.
Speaker 2: He was followed Lamb. He didn't follow the kid was there. He didn't follow the kid. But also I think they you know, uh yeah, because he didn't get them. Spike.
Speaker 1: Remember when they left the cyclops, he was like, no, we should just go home, and you're reckless, that's what you was saying, like, no, we're not, We're gonna go this other way. And then they get to this island and then that's because they starting to run low on food and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, oh, sh your lucky bastard.
Speaker 1: And he go to this is this big ass fucking kid sitting there laughing and ship and giggling at that.
Speaker 2: You see a kid fucking giggling for no reason. Bro, that kid, it's time to go. Something wrong with this. His hand's probably crazy too, exactly, and they were so all of that plays into now hearing y'all say anything, So that plays in that he really didn't want to go home. Otherwise he would have just took it. But that's what they were kind of saying. He would have just took the right fucking route. In the beginning, he didn't want at home. Untince he didn't want to go home, he ran intoll his bullshit. He was lying to himself.
Speaker 1: And remember he already pissed off beside and beside and pissed off. So and since he's the guy of the sea, he can send him wherever the fuck you want him to go.
Speaker 2: He was like, all right, you blind my kid, take your ass over there. He's giants. And see what happened. That ship was motherfuckers right there. He locked the motherfuckers in. That ship was shot great too, It was.
Speaker 3: It was the first thing was like the trees moving, the mothers moving the trees, and she's like, bro, you all need to go.
Speaker 2: They're just standing there. What's that they the parents? You got pas, Yes, let's go out of here. Return to the ship. Let me tell you, big mother hauling ass one on the he had to be black. I think they.
Speaker 1: I think they had some black people for this. Just shot it from afar. They were hauling armor on. I was, you're right, rock heavy.
Speaker 2: Ass armor and was running on their ass. Man they were. Because that's what I was thinking. I was like, with the one advantage they got because they smaller, they should be able to run for him long. They was right on their ass. They were.
Speaker 3: I thought they all moved slow. But then you start seeing something like chopping. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the one you try to fight back.
Speaker 4: I was like, stupid, that's all he got was that one team that motherfucker like d C he said the arrows and was shooting them or whatever too long, stupid ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, that was this ship man.
Speaker 1: And I felt like, this is, honestly is the theme of the fucking movie. They go to an island, they run the ass off.
Speaker 2: Yeah time, bro, That's that's how conversation should have worked. Facts them mother ship.
Speaker 1: I don't think they stills yet, but they fucked up all the ships and ship like that.
Speaker 2: That was funny. I'm sorry. Was like when that mother doing the death Yeah, that was crazy. So now you've got in the one ship from three because you're stupid.
Speaker 1: And then the books, so this was a deviation from the books as well. But in the books, these same giants destroyed like eleven of the twelve ships. Of course, in this when there was two of the three that were left, so that's all they left.
Speaker 2: Was just yeah, that was that was able. That was better to depind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah for the movie, so just for people listening, but uh so yeah, so.
Speaker 2: But Mike his boy Ulus is like, hey man, I like the ride off they was over His was like, look, every decision you make is trash. Dog him in the back of the b when you yelling at me talking about roe bitch, we wouldn't be here with your stupid ass. Was over his ship. Man.
Speaker 4: It was like him off the end. He was like, yeah, landing party was like tomorrow. But he knew they were talking about. He wanted to do a landing party.
Speaker 2: He just went to just say just to see what they was. He did out of him. Oh my god. Bro. He was like, man, we need to go home because he was like, yo, were selling around on this. He he was like, bro, what no guy was like, what have they got ships? He was like, man, we.
Speaker 1: Got no food for a black Cross. We gotta go up here. And that's when we get to the lines. Tackers embarrassed. But when he got his ans on that damn ship. They were like hey man, they were like, look.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go and they said it's a mute and you don't gotta be right do it you wanted to be you look at it is what you wanted to be. Dog man.
Speaker 1: He was like, all right, cool, just give me the ball, I'll go find some food, and he plucked his ball.
Speaker 2: At this time he killed the white man. That's when he really got cursed. You can't you can't go out just be killing white folks like.
Speaker 4: You saw how it did ice. You can't be out here just killing white people.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, I just put into or two together that the deer turned into the white man.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you thought he missed a random Askody, what the.
Speaker 2: Random ass white dude doing out here? And why? And why do you have a revelation? What I was sitting there wondering, like, how does NI just have a revelation out of a sudden? What happened to the deer? Oh my god, I respect that you're honest about this ship.
Speaker 4: So even after the ship they would turning ship, you still put that together that every animal on that was probably a human.
Speaker 2: Now I did it. But she started they eating the stew and she was talking to him. It goes back to to thees and bears and ship. But yeah, I didn't even put it together. Just that was the only one that wanted to want to. I must have blinked some because I was like, what the white man comes? He just laying the woodlation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, did you like this though, because this was this witch and all the ship.
Speaker 4: I like the witch aspect you like with Alpha and I like turning them into pigs. But I did not like was this made me feel like they deserve of this is because they stupid too. You walking up this fucking pathway and you see a fucking tiger. That should have be like, oh no, I'm good, let's go. You walk by the tiger.
Speaker 2: Cool. Not only that, then you see a lion and you're still walking. Do you see a panther? Then you see a panther going the right way. Yeah, that was definitely. That was definitely a brother. Even after all that, they get to the crib and she say take your armor and weapons to the back, and you see all this old ass arm and you still I don't give that much in the world. It is.
Speaker 4: No, there's not not God out of here because I'm gonna go outside.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's armor out here, obviously somebody been here, somebody. But if you're starving, though, like, I.
Speaker 1: Do whatever you want, but you're lying. But yeah, of course, but now I'm with you, right like, but I don't I would have waited. I would have let at first, but I'm saying that now as a desert like hungry, like yeah, yeah, they should have killed the tiger, Like all right, we got some meat, let's go.
Speaker 2: But you walk right by it.
Speaker 1: Why had one guy to walked back? He turned back around, he had his hand on his strap.
Speaker 4: I wish a motherfucker would turn me into a goddamn pig. No, this this part was dope though, like the way she was construct.
Speaker 2: Like they had to be c g.
Speaker 4: I true, no, i'mon't even make a joke. I was like, that's not that didn't look practical. If it was, they did a fucking amazing job. But that whole that whole sequence was was dope because I was like, why is she turning him into ugly people? But yeah, the pig thing was very.
Speaker 1: Very very because she was basically again being a terrible leader, calling him out for ignoring the things that they did and that I believe took place on the first island they went to that they pillaged, and I think it probably took place in the city of Troy too.
Speaker 2: We didn't see it.
Speaker 1: He didn't show it to us, but I think she was telling her because they were the se people at the end, she was telling us that the horrors that these men were doing right, and he was trying to deny and she was like, nah, this is what they are.
Speaker 2: They're animals. Yeah. So yeah, so that part was cool. Yeah, And I liked the conversation when they had when he came back, when he finally got them to turn back from pigs. I like how clever both of them were being with each other and talking like in riddles and ship like that. That was pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was funny when he was like, you ain't gonna change your sister back and she's like, na, we get a long better this way.
Speaker 2: I was like, I feel that.
Speaker 4: Did y'all realize he had held it?
Speaker 2: Took me a minute. He had a sister, that's why she saw it, showed him do that, but they didn't really show it, show it. We knew the bird was right there and he went like this, what did y'all think he was doing? Reaching? I was like, oh wait a minute, wait, yeah I did. We grabbed him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I thought it was an interesting thing like that.
Speaker 2: They didn't show him. I'm I an't notice it off. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we already talked about tennis and Sita story. But I also thought it was funny when they ran back to the ship right and running from the giants when a thing that was looking at his like yep yo. It was so funny because when he got on the ship, even before she did it, I was shaking hands like this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: B Yeah, did y'all think he was a bad leader at that moment when he got she got him to change him back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why because they wouldn't be any in any of this mess had it not been for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is trash.
Speaker 4: He's trash, and and especially when we get to the end, which we'll get to, then we realize all this ship is your fault. Everything that happened here is your fucking fault because you're trash.
Speaker 2: But he's the leader.
Speaker 4: So somebody, somebody's gonna take the blame, especially the guy that sucked everything up.
Speaker 2: But I mean they got it's some accountability on the end too. How you victim blaming?
Speaker 1: Now, there's chain and command you have to especially in the military. But at that point they didn't.
Speaker 2: Know they it was a munity. He said, is this immunity? They said it wasn't a mutiny, but it was. But that was when they realized, oh, this is trash. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: They were following every other decision he made because he was the leader.
Speaker 2: But then they're like, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Everything he was trash. I think they I just think they were cured. I think if it wasn't for the curse. Oh okay, So I was just gonna keep coming back to that point.
Speaker 2: Huh. That's what happened about the movie because I think I think he could have got them back successfully if it wasn't for the curse.
Speaker 4: No, he was good in some way, shape or formed. Something would have would have happened. Because he didn't want to go home, So he would have kept making every excuse not to get home. Why didn't he Oh he didn't want to go home because he said that she should find another.
Speaker 2: Well, he knew.
Speaker 4: I don't think he wanted to go home because he realized he had broke Zeus's law. He realized that from the beginning his plan was trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, when they got to the water and they realized, oh, let's just build a trojan horse and pretend that we're gonna go be in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he defied the gods and that was false pretenses that was trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was. Everything bad happened after that was because of.
Speaker 1: And even here in this conversation with al Or Circe, you know, he was she was telling him about defining gods and he said it again. He's like, well, I'm going to defy the gods then, because she was like, you're the only one that's gonna make it back yep, all your man gonna die.
Speaker 2: Keep it up. Yeah, No, I just thought it was funny how he was trying to come up with different ways. She said you're gonna die, and he was like, well, I'll do this and was going to die. Yeah, he was trashed because he was an atheist.
Speaker 4: He wasn't an atheist. He believed in jeus is laws until he broke it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, she told him to go holler that blond Trius, which sounded like a black name. That's when we get the story about uh Synon and antitious and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Agamannon gave him some game.
Speaker 1: He said, look, don't go back and there when you get home, don't walk your ass in there.
Speaker 2: Like you're steal the ship.
Speaker 1: He said, you need to you know, survey, get a lead on hand or whatever, and uh. And he also, you know, basically told him how where he needed to go with the sun guys and ship like that. So he was basically saying that, yeah, you need to h well, we'll get to get to that part.
Speaker 2: But tell him about the whirlpool too, didn't he? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, so I'll get to that. So, yes, we ain't gonna go over that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah we get We also go back to Penny and Antonius made us move on Penelope. Rob How bad did he fumble the bag here? Because he damn near had who made us?
Speaker 3: How did he fumble the bag? I forgot what he did to drop the ball for this?
Speaker 2: Huh? Yeah he was, he was. He told her that she asked about what would happened with her son, and he was like, I mean, he'll be whatever until we make another one. We make another one, and hell, why did you say that. You didn't even have to say that. I ain't catch it out. Yeah, it's like you didn't even have to Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after that he was mad. So he was like, all right, we're gonna kill this motherfucker. And we learned that you can't kill rich people. You'll be outside and you have to convince them. To leave, so then we get back to Blind Terrors again. And that spike when he told him, he said, you know, you got to drive out the series, you know, bust the right of the mountains, you land at the sun.
Speaker 2: God is that.
Speaker 1: But if you go left is a rap because the whirlpool there all y'all motherfuckers will die. But if you go to the right, you know only since you'll die. The rock creatures a eatle. And he had to trick them into doing that rod instead of giving them free will, because all he had to do was say, hey, look y'all see that whirlpool. If we go there, it's a rap. We need to go this way. But some of y'all ain't gonna make it.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like, oh my god, everybody dies, y'all. But that's the point he did, right y'all was already like skeptical of anyway. Now you're gonna look at it. If I just tell y'all go through the rock ship man, six people gonna die, y'all think y'all gonna put it on. And then when it happens, y'all go like, okay, we respect you. Dog. At least you said something. I know this was gonna happen. Bro, damn well, he could have crazy. He could. He was like, yeah, if I win, you ain't gonna man on me. How I supposed to put the god. But look, here's the thing. He gave them free will. Did he an't go straight? No? No, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: When they got to this damn sun God island because remember you Rickolas cussed them out and it was like, you didn't give us a choice, he was like, all right, fine, we go to this island.
Speaker 2: Y'all eat them the cattle. He got through the sirens to see you're trying. That was good, the sirens that he that he was a good lady.
Speaker 4: He's like, look, y'all put this wax in, y'all ears, and I'll be the one that justby the one that have to go through the agony.
Speaker 2: That was still dumb as fuck. Everybody like, I want to hear the song. No, he didn't want to hear it. He did. I thought he had to hear the man me up so I can hear the sound. He said, I want to hear this ship. I was like, what is wrong with this guy? Why is he tried? And that one guy he probably didn't put enough of his ear now he took his out. He did. He was up and Odsseus was like, oh ship, oh oh no. He was like, I want to come to let me see what this is about. He looked over them damn naked woman on them rocks. The mermaids was.
Speaker 4: Up in a long time. He said, you know what, fuck it, I'm gonna jump off this boat twenty years a long time with no ass like I'm jumping off the boat too.
Speaker 2: Fuck it.
Speaker 4: Bury me with my people in the sea.
Speaker 2: Saying that what.
Speaker 4: They say, everything everything you want to hear. I was like, ship boy, fuck this rowing ship.
Speaker 2: I'm going yo, that's what. So yeah, he was about to skip that point. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I forget about that. Yeah. That was another challenge on that rock. She that came and got him. That that was crazy. He said his ass way back in the back of the shop was coming. Since you knew, he said, yeah, did it, But I knew it wasn't gonna get me. I was safe, bro.
Speaker 4: I wonder how they did it right here when it wouldn't have got me. To put my foot in his mouth, he was fitting out so the whirlpools.
Speaker 2: It was probably c G I two. Then huh, because how would they do that? Because they said they shot it in the ocean. Actually they shot Yeah, they put a big fan at the bottom of the ocean and turned the fan for you, stupid. We made it. We made it. See But anyway, that was funny to me. I'm sorry I did laugh. Oh my god, we did it and said no, you didn't. I was like, damn, y'all can't win.
Speaker 3: I thought they were defined in that moment. I thought they were trying to go around the world. But they did defire.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so he didn't tell them to go that way. He didn't tell him the truth. He knew they would go that way versus listening to him because.
Speaker 1: They were already defied him. He knew they weren't listening to him anymore. So he's just gonna tell him the opposite of what he wanted. Except when they go into that damn island and he said, y'all. First of all, Athena Ass came up snitching.
Speaker 2: She popped up on that. He was like, you know, they having a cookout and they even good trying to sneak into it. Say he none, neither, bro. They all the damn they.
Speaker 1: Knew he wasn'tna eat what dude say when he found them, he said, you think you're gonna equirt?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know. Yep, was like, look, bro, so what do you saying? I remember? He responded, we'll rather drow. We're rather drown.
Speaker 3: He was like, all right, fucking and so because he sent that wind, he said, I told you he said something. He was walking away too, He said something to him when he was walking on.
Speaker 2: He said this, he is you trash, but man like them mufflers are hungry, bro, because their provisions ran out. And man, what things like you just learned from eating facts, learned from one. And he told you, yeah and anything with this, you can eat everything but the cattle. That's the part that irritated me. I was like, y'all deserve this. It's like they ran out. They I think they did.
Speaker 1: They say they were running out that damn they were hungry. Them damn cows kept walking around, shaking their ass right in front, and.
Speaker 2: It was like, get out of here, get out here. They got there. It's trill. You just stopped playing ship. Get on. You know I can't touch cows like I bet you want. I know you want some of them you can't have it. It was mad as hell too. They all over theres cows they were they were but anyway, so yeah, so they all died and you. Rickolus was like, he was like, damn, bro man, hey man, take a break. You've been cursed too. No, but damn, but this part in forty X was crazy. Oh yeah they had you. Oh wait, what did you? What did they do to you? When the sirens was talking? You got you got something with them?
Speaker 4: This is gout did they had that feature that might be five to ye but the ship wreck the ship wreck was craze. The ship wreck was crazy.
Speaker 2: This scene was crazy. Yeaheah no, this was This was a good than forty X. This was good. Yeah yo.
Speaker 1: But my thing is because because your reulars was like he was like, pray to Posada to ask for forgiveness, tell him you're sorry, do something, do anything right. It ain't see what you do nothing, But I don't blame him. It was like I didn't eat the told you. I told y'all not to eat that damn cow y'all did anyway.
Speaker 2: And we just we skipped the Hades moment too. The Hades moment was dope. When they were eating the blood and ship this no, because they're the ones that told them. They told him to what was gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, blood was blind to curious, but ship even on this motherfucker like they were running from this island because start coming from he.
Speaker 2: Like run, I'd be like, man, I'm sick of you. Is this what they said? Back to the ship? I mean may they said, said multiple times, said a lot. He said, what's that?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 2: Soldiers? Everywhere? You bring us in some bullshit every damn time, every fucking time, and some bullshit they said, if you go to Hades and you normally don't make it out of there, why did they go there again? Because because that's what I tell them, the route to go there, and he'll tell you because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he didn't. He didn't have the shipping routes. That's what we asking, like, seriously, how do we get back home? I don't know what the shipping routes?
Speaker 2: Bro So, and that's when we found out where do with the dope? Helmet died? He died. That's where we found that out. How did he?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: When yeah, she styled him that ship. That was the dopest scene.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we're pretty much at the end. So he said a couple of lines I thought was dope. He said, no one is a beggar. No one is born a beggar. Because that's when he got back. He thought his boy mass was going to recognize him, but he.
Speaker 2: Didn't realize he was blind.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was like, man, he said, boy, it was like, but he didn't recognize him.
Speaker 1: That's after their police was going to meet him at the temples and they came to get pigs and stuff.
Speaker 2: From you know, the blond dude being as Yeah, they beat disassed this dog with the dogs. Man, they ain't kill the dog. Remember, oh we had he had to kill he had to kill the dog, right, remember the dog, just not that dog, the rest of his dog, the blonde you're right, you're right. Yeah. So but before oh ship damn. I skipped the part right, and she told him to help you, and she was telling him to he could asking one of my men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what that's the part I skipped because we went back to the island and at this point, you know, he has Calypso he said, hold, She's.
Speaker 2: Like, man, I've been giving you half years, like seven years. He was mad. He was mad, what.
Speaker 4: You've been You've been taking advantage of me for this crazy You've been happy, I've been breaking that.
Speaker 2: She didn't say, Man, we've been living a lot. He said, you love eating good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like seven years. What the But basically this is when you get baptized. Rod, And that's when he had to get in. And because he was building his raft, he was like, you keep building this raft and ship like that. But she she she had him one more time though, Spike. She was like, here, take a little bit of his flower and we're gonna talk about it in the morning. But all the men got got because what's what's the what's the what's the saying? What's the easy way to a man's is the belly? All the motherfuckers got got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they say. That ship, Sircey, the Lotus flower, all this ship.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so yeah, so he getting on a little raft, the raft fall apart, get baptized.
Speaker 2: He back on home. Mike Rod, how foul?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe I should ask you, Rod, how foul was it for Odysseus to now accept.
Speaker 2: That the gods are real and begged for via this from Posadon? After all his men are dead. I guess this ship is.
Speaker 4: Hey man, some time to take the ultimate convincing, like you know what, something really traumatic happens.
Speaker 2: He's like, Okay, I get it now. Mm hmm. That's you know, he's a slow learner and he's a trash leader. Yeah, I get it now. Did you guys like the temple scene when he went to help his son. That was good. See that started that. This started the best part of the movie for me. From there on out, I feel like all of that was the best.
Speaker 3: At what point did they show him going back to Troy, like the actual what he did in Troy?
Speaker 2: What point did they show that? Which pretty horse when he was talking to his wife. He was talking to his wife and he realized that he was the c people.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry he hadn't got there yet. Oh yeah, yeah, because he went back. Yeah, he went back. He and uh A Mayas told him that they were gonna kill Tea and that's when he walked out. He was like, what are you gonna do? And he was like, uh, bring vengeance, he said, bring it all. Uh And then that's when he went there and that guy was talking. He was like, hey, look man, I'm giving you a chance to get up out of here. I already spare it one, old man, I ain't gonna spare another one. He ain't even let him finish the fucking sentence.
Speaker 2: Wait, what part is which is this? That's when he was talking to he killed the guy polished. Yeah, I was the only one that laughed in the temple. I died. Bro. That was a hard ass move. Yeah, he can't fun with me, splitch.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, we need to better remember with honor. He was like, we're gonna honor him. I like him, Yeah for real, fire killed him. Take his ring.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so then you know, of course he went back like Akamemnon told him, you know, just go back as a beggar, which of course goes all the way back to the beginning because they allowed in the room. And uh he said, uh, the best way to see a man is from below. That was a line he said in the movie.
Speaker 2: Mike. Uh, I don't remember him saying that. What does that mean? He said, he going back as a big because the best made to see a man?
Speaker 4: Oh I see, yeah, yeah, literally, I just didn't he gotta be short, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And he told he told t telling Marcus, he said, come back as a prince, and he did. He was strutting in there and then got his ass. Well, he was strutting in there, and Tenus was mad as hell. Yeah, and uh right he said. He said, yeah, we got to kill him now, and this is the blackness came out the black.
Speaker 2: I was like, how right he came back. I'm not doing this with you here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you guys like this scene because it's the last, like the scene between Tellingmarcus and Penelope when he was basically telling her. He was like, look, because i ai Odisseus told him to tell your mom to take a husband, and that's what he did. And he got cussed out. Yea, she slapped the out of him. Yeah, and she was like something about all this ship you talking, don't mean ship with the bristles on your fucking.
Speaker 2: Chin, damn. And she said, I won't. I don't want a husband. I want Odysseus.
Speaker 1: And she got up and left and she was talking about have thrown a be empty for twenty years I've been running this, yeah, and only am coasent on, only Ama consent on throwing and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: She said, that's what she said. I would love to lock him in there and burn them all to hell.
Speaker 1: And uh, as she said also said that Audi would come back and kill them all if he saw him in there. And then we get the didennisty and he's walking around Gott in disguise.
Speaker 2: He's being mocked for being a veteran. Uh. He gives Anna his stick. Attenius had a shame. He was acting like it wasn't his.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then now we get the scene with Penny Penelope and Odyssey is talking rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was dope.
Speaker 3: I really liked the scene where it's executed. It just showed his uh, the moment of remorse of taking over the city, and I don't know, it just it just reminded me of like.
Speaker 4: Like like PTSD, like like when you feel like when you feel the certain type of way after after seeing death.
Speaker 3: Like you go to these countries, you bomb them. You you're killing these innocent people. And I thought I thought they intentionally showed like women and children, like I don't know if they sold children, but they definitely showed women just so you can get what they were trying to convey in this moment.
Speaker 2: Like yeah you okay, you hear Oh.
Speaker 4: They took over the city and d but you don't realize what they were doing or whatever. At first I thought this is why they were cursed or whatever. But nah, this is just his I think he was already feeling remorse from from that in this moment.
Speaker 2: Of like of what he had done with his plan, had had done.
Speaker 3: So when y'all say he was a trash leader, I think he felt bad in this moment as far as being a leader to the taking of this of this country or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: It took this motherfucker twenty years to realize he's trash. Trash. That's why he got baptized for his sins. Watched.
Speaker 4: It's been twenty years and you just now realizing that you're a trash azz leader.
Speaker 2: That did some trash azz shit. No, he did in that moment. This is twenty years later. I'm sorry. Well, he realized that.
Speaker 4: No, his thing was that he misused like this peace offerer in offering to get in right, So that was.
Speaker 1: He felt guilty about it, which is why he didn't want to go home. But it is guilt got everybody else killed. He could have just dealt with that himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was selfish and he had to tell nobody. He could have kept that ship to himself. He did keep it to himself. But I'm saying he didn't have to go back, and like why he would feel guilty? But why would going home make him feel guilty unless he didn't tell any Like if he didn't tell anybody, then yeah, if he just went home and just didn't say, like, this is what I did. But I guess I guess the men would tell. Okay, I think I'm starting to put it together.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, they all would have done.
Speaker 1: This is also what Cerce was talking about too, because everything that they were doing at the village, killing in the right, that's what you also referring to him as as man. Maybe this scene more than the first island. But either way, I go, they did some fucked up ship and that's why she didn't. And it's also probably safe to assume that they probably people that came to the island and probably ravished her.
Speaker 2: Too, for sure, you know.
Speaker 1: And but either way, I go, Yeah, but you know what they say, ron, ain't you know everybody get there when they you know, it just takes something long and the others took him.
Speaker 2: Twenty years y'all think she realized she was talking to her husband. No, I didn't think she did until y'all started saying when he started describing the pen, I gotta be him. But that was part of their kind of cold I think that's what I'm saying. That's why I think she knew it was him at that point.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because she's seen when they did the test, like surprised that that wasn't him.
Speaker 2: Maybe she wished. Maybe she because he did tell her she's that is alive. So at that point she knew at some point he probably he might come back. Yeah, he's just not home. He said, he's alive. He's just not home.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think she knew it was him yet. I think she knew man. She started crying, balling like she knew that she agreed to live. Think about like, yeah, she was just happy, like to know that. Oh damn. So why would she have the thing where shes gonna take her husband finally if she finally find realized he was alive. I think that was a ploy because she was he might have actually been there, was on the or was on the way, and.
Speaker 1: She was going to do those challenges because he was the only one that could do the challenge. That's why she was gonna do challenges every night until he came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you looking like that?
Speaker 4: Because y'all lost me completely because your phone you ain't talking you why you lost Wait?
Speaker 2: So, y'all, I don't know everything, but I'm trying to put it together now in this moment. So this doesn't make sense. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So she thought he was in the room somewhere or would be coming. Why would she think that?
Speaker 2: Because I because said he was alive. That's all I was real to say.
Speaker 4: So wait, which one of which one of y'all was saying that she thought that that was him? You said that, and you don't think that she thought that was him? Okay, So she just heard from this stranger guy is still alive, so he must be on his way. So let me go ahead and do this challenge. Hopefully he'll be here by tomorrow or at some point. At some point, I'm gonna keep doing these challenges until he because she knew nobody else could do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, got right? Yeah, Yeah, okay, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: That's why when it when nobody stepped up, she was disappointed until he finally stepped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even when he grabbed it and all this other stuff and she started to get hold. I think she started well up a little bit when she realized it wasn't him, and then she started to walk away and she.
Speaker 2: Was heard that ship. That ship was lected.
Speaker 4: Like the part before that, when uh, she told Peter Parker that he was gonna have to kill everybody in there. This black woman behind me said that's right. So that was one and I was like, all right, nobody else has spoken this whole movie, so I'll take that. That was actually funny. But then when he did the boom.
Speaker 2: She goes, let's fucking go. I was in real tears in this theater. It was applaud in theater. It was definitely noise being made. Everybody was hype. Yeah, yeah, I'm saying that was that was definitely clapping in mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a talker, But I feel like it's my fault because when they were running from the from the giants, I started laughing. I was laughing loud, and the lady next to me, we were kind of sharing the moments. We were laughing, and she talked the rest of the movies.
Speaker 2: I guess she thought, Yeah, I guess. Yeah. She was saying stuff the whole movie.
Speaker 4: Everyone was dead silent. Yeah, they're just that. It's been a while since I've been to a movie like that. But yeah, when she said let's go, that's exactly to the tea what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Man, let's fucking go, let's go in this scene, or let's go I want to get the fun out of here. Both.
Speaker 4: But no, no, no, the last part of the movie was actually the good part. And when he hit that boom part, I was like, Okay, let's go. He led fucking go, and he took everybody as the mother fucking had fucking arrows like fucking Hawkeye.
Speaker 2: She just kept coming along with you. You know why am do with the chains on his feet annoyed me. Oh that's not his fault.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's t fault telling Marcus because he couldn't beat him that sorry as hell.
Speaker 2: Oh it was so mad.
Speaker 4: Goddamn, he just kept doing irritated this ship out of there he's doing.
Speaker 2: You mans were not even going up there. Don't give him ever. Get the shields, get the shields over there. Nobody fighting, everybody fighting himself. That he's smart. Yeah, he was smart. He's funny that he when he realized it was it was odious. He started. He started while he out here.
Speaker 4: And me and golf characters. You was like, now you're below down there with him. I wonder what happened to her?
Speaker 2: Did she get cute? We never saw that. We didn't see her again after that. She was just but we didn't see him kill her. They played, uh today, I think they played golf. Oh yeah, yeah. I don't think she needed to be in this either. She did. They could have used anybody for that, you know, they want to use her name.
Speaker 1: Bro was like if somebody called christ Manolan calling you, because it was some like little spare off characters I have seen in big movies with big roles.
Speaker 2: They was just like randomness. Hell in here, some on the boat, some of the soldiers. But nah, this this this whole last scene he was he was hitting people with the bowl. He was fucking people up.
Speaker 1: He was picking the ship up from the ground and stringing like helicopter man. And he was when he got hit from behind on that table and he was on the ground and they were kicking the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was stabbing mouckers and the toes bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that ship was dope. And then he was all fucked up. He was like, man, you can't beat us because he was around. He was like, you can't beat us all. And that's when he threw the knife down. He started people on some more. He was like, as long as I kill you, he got that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Bro. Someone started kneeling and that was that was dope because they said it would happen like that. He was like, people don't stand everything that happened in the movie they told was going to happen, and that ship happened. They tell him his son was sorry as hell. I wouldn't even feel comfortable. Even my son there charge like no oneer the fucking rooms like this nobody. She ain't got no pull Jesus whole ass. He was terrible. They're definitely gonna come back and take the That's why they left him. He did. He was like, bro, this is not my son. I don't kill thirty eight people. You couldn't take out one one, just one dude. He got stabbed. He actually to stop stop what he tried to help. He didn't kill one guy who knew he wouldn't, but it took too damn long. Yeah, he knew he was gonna die, like yeah, Jesus Christ. He was sorry to be done in a minute. Man, just over there, that guy with the bells tossed him over the damnable. I hollered at I'm glad you reminded that ship was funny. I didn't have to doing. He threw him over the table. That looked real. I don't think they had a fucking stunt double or nothing. That holler. He was so mad, you gotta be just threw a pot in the back. You you motherfucker? You like that, Piet? What the fuck? Oh? That ship was so fucking Tom Holland got tossed, his little skirt came up and everything. Oh it was so funny. Did y'all think he was dead? No? No, I didn't. Actually maybe I was like half and half. It was like half and half.
Speaker 1: I did for a second because I was like, oh, man, yeah, this was he But Shakespeare normally does the tragic endings.
Speaker 2: But they fucked people up in Greek stories too. But he ain't done the book, did he think so? I don't think they would have stayed away from it that much. Yeah, I don't know. I'm trying to remember this is the second part of a three part series. What I'm gonna asking you said there was one book and then there's the Odyssey, and then there's another part or it's the last one. I think it's I think Troy is a part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Troy is after this, Troy is where the horse was. I think this is part of the story, part of this. I don't think that's a third part. Yeah, yeah, I don't think that's Achilles and uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't get now if they may go around and tell that story, because that's the story that was kind of a minute they kind of mentioned them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, butch was dope. Yeah, yeah, but there's a movie about him, right, Yes, that's the Troy crab Pit. He plays Achilles.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, but I like I like it either way though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, so but I think when I when he was walking off, I didn't know it was at South, But when he was walking off, I was like, oh, they trying to trick us, you know, And then they showed us, yeah, not death at South and then they got they were chasing the escaping son.
Speaker 2: Stupid. They talked about it in the beginning, so they brought all this ship back. So again, what they said they were gonna do, They told everything else gonna happen like this moment. No, I think he left his sons, and so I thought it was that. I liked it. I liked it. I like it was a good ending. He doesn't get No, I like the last part. I didn't really like the ending. I was just like, I mean, I didn't hate the ending.
Speaker 4: It was fine, but it was more so just like, bro, you you're leaving the worst person in this movie in charge of the kingdom.
Speaker 2: They know this is around the can come back.
Speaker 4: No, he has asked left. They know he got on a boat. This when we're gonna come take this motherfucker. That was dumb as hell because Peter Parker can't hold ship.
Speaker 1: He spoke Holly of his So remember the doll scene. I skipped over that when he walked up and the doll died when he was on came so sad that that's when the son found out. That's when the son was like, oh, Ship, that's my daddy. Yeah, and he was like, yeah, you know your dad will be your dad will be proud of you.
Speaker 2: He came back and saw that motherfucker. Was like, you know, I'm not claiming this. I'm not claiming this. Dude he over here, fucking what the hell he can't control ship.
Speaker 4: Damn, Mike, you might be right because he did see his son fight when he went to save his son, when he went into the temple like brou It was at that moment he knew. He was like, my son, bro, get your real, I'm getting your mama. We're getting out of here. We're gonna have another son.
Speaker 2: One time. You got for a mentor killed right damn? Oh my god. He was getting handled by that one dude choked him up and everything. I was like.
Speaker 4: Odysseus was like, noah, man, I ain't got time for this. I done lost all my men and I came back to a whole ass son lost killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, it all, man. I it was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. It was it was really good. I wasn't mad I watched it at all. I didn't feel like I wasted three hours and it was like okay, okay, cool, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't have any real issues with the movie, except for Dissys being trash and some of these casting choices, like I said, It was just it just got to a point where it was weird.
Speaker 2: It was like nobody on the crew was like, hey, this is not working. They were.
Speaker 1: He just didn't he didn't listen to Yeah, it's the captain. It's hard to They would have to do a real mutiny.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, sorry, no, I meant no.
Speaker 4: One in Christopher Nolan's crew was like, hey, man, John Burnhal, we all love him, but this is bad.
Speaker 2: This is not working. It was like a to It was like another movie. Yes, it was like a whole other movie. It was like a parody. Yeah, like some ship that you would see home. Yeah. People have been talking about Nolan like this solidifies him as the best of his generation. Do y'all think so?
Speaker 4: I think he's pretty damn good. If he can make this story for me be entertaining, then I give him the credit.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't. I don't think I was the hype for it, and I didn't think it was good. I wouldn't. It surprised me. Yeah, I wasn't hype for this either, but I was just like, man, this is really good, and I respect that he he took the chance to do some DEEI hires.
Speaker 4: I think that that was actually pretty cool, especially when he knew how these dumb, fucking right wingers would act, you know, starting the movie off. Even though I did not like Travis Scott one bit in this film, I like the fact that he used him, you know, to start a movie off like this with a rapper, and then to put someone like John Burnhal in this, and then to make supposedly the most beautiful woman and the woman in the land Lapita and Nungo.
Speaker 2: I respect it. You can call it woke if you want. I don't care.
Speaker 4: I think this was actually a pretty cool choice because the right wingers were furious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben Shapiro, I think I saw they were fucking hot. They were How dare you you don't care about Greek people. I don't care about Greek people, don't. I didn't even know it was a thing. It's gonna make you hate my my wife friend. You're still friends with that fool I'm talking about. I was like, bro, I don't know nothing about this ship you're talking about it. As far as these people ain't supposed to be these people or whatever it may be, couldn't you be friends with somebody like that?
Speaker 4: He said, this is not onniggous. This is Odysseus getting nigger of Troy out of here.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I can't believe somebody really got that mad about something like this. They said was pitching. All of them was fucking pissed, like Bruy's fantasy well being.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think correct to Ben said the movie is a masterpiece. But he did have some thoughts on Lapita.
Speaker 2: But anyway, uh, everything they picked, that's crazy to pick that out. To me, what you called the move a masterpiece, but you want to nitpick that Lapido was supposed to best. He did say nick pick heard him.
Speaker 3: Anybody thought, it's not like you're about to say, Oh, y'all was gonna say it's in there, because it is. They put her in a prominent place too, But did y'all feel anywhere about that reveal that she was actually someone that died in the village He saw her beheaded.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think that that's actually was that actually true? Yeah? Yeah, and it's it's kind of I thought d saw her face on. That's where the guilt came from. That's where part of the guilt came from. So that was aad. No, Jesus, I don't think that was the thing. So none of that was real, Like Athena was not coming to him and being like do this do this other ship wrinklers thought it was.
Speaker 1: He was like, when I hear your ass praying to Athena every fucking night, talk to me about fucking gods.
Speaker 4: But no, it was just his guilt because he that that did that made the movie bad. Not bad, but that took Lord. Yeah, that took something out because I thought that I thought.
Speaker 2: She was a Theena though. Is that not how Thina came to be? Maybe? Nah, because I wouldn't statue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, could they they use Athena's when they they used the statue's head? Of course obviously is her head, but that was supposed to be Athena.
Speaker 2: I get you, okay. I thought they were making when she come up in the image of her. Then you know what I'm saying, like, where did he come up with the en? Like? Yeah, like what did he tie that to it?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I'm saying, like because they'ld both be headed. I guess right, That's what I'm saying, Like, was it was it tied to her as Athena? Because I think she's labeled as Athena in the movie she is. Yeah, but they're saying that that none of those scenes with Athena talking to him actually happened.
Speaker 2: They were just in his head, like both things could be true. Well, no, no, I think I don't know. I don't know now what was what was the Theeni's powers. Well, I'm trying to look up good here, like Johnson, Yeah, I don't think she was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the godless of wisdom, warfare, handicraft who protects him on the journey.
Speaker 2: Do your job too, Then.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you're right, Rod, Maybe so on Wikipedia, saying that she also portrays young Trojan priests of Athena killed during this assaultrom Troy, whom Athena later takes the form of.
Speaker 2: So maybe it was the thing that she just took the form of her. So maybe that's that's said. I think both things are true.
Speaker 3: I think it was that villager, if whatever you want to call her. And then yeah, like Athena took the form of her. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Just to him though, just to him, she probably appears to somebody else, to something, you know, to someone else, got it, like God is black?
Speaker 4: That's what I thought they were doing. I thought they were like making a point of like whitewashing gods, but I guess not.
Speaker 2: That's not a big deal though.
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway, all right, well, let us know what you guys think about the movie, and we'll catch you guys next time.
Speaker 2: We oft peace.