Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast, What's going on with your boy? Nick?
Speaker 2: I'm here with I am Spike Lou of the on Dack TV show How you doing, Sir?
Speaker 1: I'm chilling. What up? Though? Good? I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm also here with the the rights. That's what I was thinking. I was like, it's not the modest media. We use a lot of nick names here. I'm with the rights. We have mis naturally today and minus media, How y'all doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: And Kennethy j Olo we are.
Speaker 2: You're now tuning into the Frames for Second podcast And in this episode, we are continuing on with our weekly recaps of ken I think we got to call it it's a hit.
Speaker 1: It's still a hit.
Speaker 2: I think it's still a hit of the hit HBO original series starrings.
Speaker 1: And they Jacob what's his last name?
Speaker 5: Name?
Speaker 1: Lord Sidney Sweeney in the show title Euphoria.
Speaker 2: This recap is dedicated to episode three, titled I Think Kitty of My Dreams.
Speaker 6: It's called the Ballad of Pololan. Really, okay, I was looking at something else what you're looking at either, right, That's not like he had the wrong, he had the wrong.
Speaker 1: The wrong Definitely, that's an other series you're watching.
Speaker 2: I swear, I swear it's one of the episodes coming up. The next episode is called Kitty Likes the Dance.
Speaker 1: That's what I.
Speaker 2: Gotta nonetheless glad that y'all here. We'll get my thoughts uh on this episode the next episode next week.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad that you're all here.
Speaker 2: I was really anticipated talking to you about this, so I want to get you know, no bearing the lead. Let's get with the overall thoughts. I'm gonna start with the rights. I was underwhelms, okay, interesting, interesting.
Speaker 3: I slightly disagree. I feel like it was a lot of mess. I feel like it was tense. Uh.
Speaker 7: I did have a slight issue with the pacing. I didn't expect them to just jump into the wedding like that, go through it and all that.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 3: The pacing was weird here.
Speaker 7: It seemed like they just wanted to get through it and packed a lot of stuff in it. So I did have an issue with that, but I didn't I did enjoy a mess.
Speaker 3: I did enjoy the intensity of this episode.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was definitely intense.
Speaker 1: What about you, Louke. This was like an old school episode for me. Of you four.
Speaker 6: I think they did they big one for this season so far, at least I agree with the pacing part. I didn't expect the wedding to be so quick, but they definitely made worthy. I thought that all of it was good. I wasn't expecting it to go that way. I thought I was gonna be bored, and I thought they were rushing it. Like you said, Ro, I was like, Oh, this is gonna be some bs man. I know this wedding will be terrible, but I was wrong. This was my favorite episode of the season so far.
Speaker 1: What about you Ken? Like Rod said, it was messy, Will Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nah, Yeah, I enjoyed it. I thought they were like hallucinating about the wedding and something. I don't know, that's the wedding. Yeah, So I was like, oh, we're really doing this. So they must have a lot of story left to tell that doesn't have a winning so they wanted to get this out the way and just get into what's left.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For me, I really liked this episode. Uh it to.
Speaker 2: Lose point, it did feel like, okay, we are this is at least one kind of you know how, like you have that old athlete that can hit you with one good game. Still, if this series has fallen off a cliff, this episode is like the one good game at least the show's like, Okay, it still may have some heart, it still may have some life, because I can already tell a few of us think that, okay, we on the up and up from here if they dropping something like this on a third episode of an eight to ten season. But there's also other people like Nay, who's like, E, if this was your best effort, this ain't.
Speaker 1: This ain't go in well. But I really liked this episode. I really liked this. I think you got a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: It was very tense, like you mentioned Rod, but it was also like open ended to where like, oh, we can go a lot of ways, like like we have a lot of opportunity here, kind of like the landscapes that they keep showing in this goddamn season, Like we have a lot of room to play with. So I wanted to get your thoughts, Nay, on how we started off this episode, since you weren't feeling like that because we start off with jewels, and usually that means that we're going to have a jewel. You know, the character they show first to usually what they centered the episode around, and we see first scene is that.
Speaker 1: Jewles is an artist now and are at least trying to be.
Speaker 2: And you know when you see an artist, they doing some shit butt naked and we kind of get caught up what she's been to since high school. So, now, what did you think about what we've learned about Jewels since high school?
Speaker 5: I always like when they catch us up with the character, is that something that's very true to you for since season one?
Speaker 3: So that made it.
Speaker 5: Feel like a euphoria episode and it being Jewels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I was interested to see how, like I said, what she's doing I think I said this last episode, it's like it feels like a natural progression of who Jules is, jus very much herself. So it was interesting to see her kind of fully fully embrace her Wow ladies, and as an adult, so it didn't feel it didn't feel so.
Speaker 3: Creepy watching it as a teenager.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: If that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense, I get you.
Speaker 2: I get you because loud to me, what Nay is saying is that she's seeing Jules be a.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, she's good at it. Apparently in her bag up she did rob what was your thoughts on Jules.
Speaker 3: No, Like, man, this is an interesting place that the show is in.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: You know, it makes like kind of like when Nays alluding to it makes it less creepy and less cringy, you know, like seeing them in this face. I think that was a good move to move them along this far, especially with all the you know, all the allegations and stuff that the show faces. I think it was really smart to just kind of put them pretty much where they are in their actual ages. Probably, but they're still they're still a little older than what they.
Speaker 5: Are, Yeah, because the day is almost thirty, if I'm not mistake, almost thirty.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I think she might be. She just looked like she's twelve still.
Speaker 7: Yeah, goodness, gracious, Okay, I see what you're saying. But anyway, they're older.
Speaker 3: So No, I like she She's she's really made a name for herself, like.
Speaker 1: The Jews. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I really like how comfortable she is on camera and just how she portrays this this next phase of Jules. And yeah, man, I was digging out. I was digging where she is in this timeline right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lou, I got a question for you. Would you consider what jeweles is doing? Sex work or is that dating? In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: I hope they fall into this, Jesus, not yet. It is sex work because she's expecting money. She ain't going for those experience.
Speaker 2: But listen, you can find love on the job. We see it happening all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she ain't looking for love though, she's trying to make a living.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you when you ain't looking for love, that's what love to find you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Said that, That's what I'm saying. I don't think her character is even interested in that. She just now that I know the bag is out here for this and it's easy and I'm willing to do all of this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. I think that's sexu work. Hmm.
Speaker 6: I don't think every girl owned it like that just in the dating pool. I mean it's that she living in in l a bro.
Speaker 2: You do what you gotta do to put a roof over your head, my nigga, Them prices is nuts.
Speaker 3: But my thing is like you wrapping people, that's around wrapping up day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like on a regular date thurs Day? Can I wrap?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 1: What was your thoughts on that scene? I got here.
Speaker 6: I had to rewind it. I thought I missed something. I was like, bro, what is doing what you thought you.
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 6: I thought I looked down at my phone because I just looked back up. I did look down on my phone. I looked back up. She wrapped his ring around like did he kill her? Like I didn't know what was doing on.
Speaker 7: It felt very American psycho. Yeah, facts, I figured because he was a plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah that sound like, what are you about to do?
Speaker 5: Cut her off? I don't remember what.
Speaker 2: I was just saying this classic to me, O, my goofy ass this thing remember that? Uh that scene from what Booty Call Im?
Speaker 1: Just thinking this nigga just like this nigga ain't got no rubber. He just that's how rich people stay.
Speaker 2: She was staying rich by just you know, being intuitive and creative into That's what I was getting weak at.
Speaker 7: But if you look it up, it's there on the internet. I'm sure if you look it up, I'm sure it's there.
Speaker 1: Get is a kink for every thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure it's there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Ok. What was your thoughts on when we got caught up with Jewels? It was fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like how they just went along and kind of I mean, we always knew who Jewels was, and now we see Jewels like completely growing up, completely comfortable, completely able to do everything that you want to do, and uh living the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Bro Like she got a freaking.
Speaker 4: Made and everybody has an understanding about what's going on in a particular situation, you know.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, I guess she quit.
Speaker 4: Well she probably is to a certain degree. You know what we're doing. Yeah, in art school, you know art, it's the art to it. Yeah, but no, it was it was cool man seeing Jews, Well, she had uncomfortable in life.
Speaker 1: And living it up.
Speaker 6: So so I'm believering different from rue, you know, yes, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: One of the things that in the beginning, I like, how, if I remember it correctly, how they showed how society has evolved, so from the early beginnings of what that sort of world was looked like to like now where you have only fans and all that stuff and you can make uh you know, money off of it by being.
Speaker 1: In these spaces you know, hm, or opportunities maybe to your point in.
Speaker 2: I see how what used to be edgy for them isn't like that anymore.
Speaker 1: They're just trying to catch up with it to a certain degree.
Speaker 2: But with how they've been telling these stories, because at first I think they were ahead of the curve because it was like, who's doing this in high school? But now it's like since their adults, like you said, they now things are kind of like, okay, well you adult now, so this is an adult world. But I've been being around the bush because we need to talk about her clients. We can get to the all the goofy ones, but Ellis is the main one that we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: The plastic man.
Speaker 2: May do you think he's like a potential villain or just an interesting character.
Speaker 5: I don't even think he's an interesting character. I just think he's a he's a he's a cash cow for Jewels. He's just the way to be able to explain where Jewles is. I don't really see that being any more of a conversation other than may be some tension between Ruth and Jules, because Ruth's obviously still in love with her, so she may have some problem down the line with what Jules is doing. But I don't really see him being a character for real, for real.
Speaker 1: But what do you think. I agree with that.
Speaker 6: I don't think that he's going to have a pivotal plot line. Maybe something between him and Jewles happens to maybe push her towards rule, But I don't think that he's going to be a villain, just more so of an explanation to how Jeules is able to move around, like what they said. So, yeah, he ain't gonna play a big part.
Speaker 4: I could see that we don't have a lot of time left to even turn him into a villain, and if they did did they would have to find some sort of resolution.
Speaker 1: To her quickly.
Speaker 4: But they did bring him back, if I'm not mistaken, when she got back to the penthouse and she said he was there, so he did. He did pop up back up on seeing We got the explanation, That's what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Scared too, she got she got she got that act right off, she put that motherfucker. She got the character real quick, you know what I'm saying, Like you know she was off the clock, she can tell what she was on the clock. So I think this character is going to be a little bit more impactful than what y'all saying.
Speaker 1: But we can come back to that later moving on, we.
Speaker 2: Go back to Club Alamo, you know, Alamo Strip Club, and we see the girl with the neck brace is still trying to get.
Speaker 1: Hey she was she was doing all that. The neck was the.
Speaker 2: Only stip part of her performance. But yeah, I want to talk about Rue and her relationship with Alamo has been developing a very interesting way. Rod, I wanted to talk to you about the conversation they had when she was asking or talking to Elba about her legit aspirations.
Speaker 3: I like, I like, I like what he told her.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying because I think a lot of things have been viewed that as legal or illegal and it's and it's based on the systems that are in place to make it that way. So I liked, like, I like, you know, I'm all about perspectives, right, So it's just like, okay.
Speaker 3: What is what is? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: What is what is inappropriate or or like not appropriate? Like so so like what he was saying to her. It really made a lot of sense. But in the comfunes of of how society is, I mean, it's not legit and that's what it all boils down. So it was a good game he ran, but at the end of the day, it's not legit. He knew exactly what she was saying. But I think, you know, he doesn't want to let her out of it, you know what I'm saying, Like, no one in that position never wants to let somebody out, especially if they are good at breaking them in money. So I think that's gonna be an interesting story that develops there now knowing that he.
Speaker 3: May not have her absolute best interests at heart.
Speaker 7: He got her out of, he got her out of the what's her name laury situation, but he may.
Speaker 3: Not be much better.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're getting to name?
Speaker 5: He's not better at all? If anything, in that conversation should have scared the sh out of her because sure perspective, but the way he ended it is the fuck is you're complaining about?
Speaker 3: Stay in your.
Speaker 5: Lane kind of thing. So I think he used that as a way to really it was another player being peeled back to show he really is not the guy that that to say, that's gonna say her, Yeah, So just another layer to pull back the so he actually is like the devil you need to be scared of?
Speaker 1: You ready for that transition?
Speaker 6: Louke no, I'm not, because it even bothered me how good she was, like rules gotten acclimated way too quickly to the criminal lifestyle for me, Like it seems like a stretch to have her in there explaining guns and selling guns people and then even thinking back to her running drugs and bit she she like not gung hole about it, but it was a very easy transition, And I don't know where we were supposed to draw that from other than her own lord money. But even here she's talking about going legit, But it seems like she takes this very serious and wants to do it, like she's leaning into this versus trying to find something else to do because her legit plans are taught that she was having, which I do agree with you, right, it was a really good game aim that he said on her, and a lot of it's true, but it should have scared the ship out.
Speaker 1: Of her, and I don't.
Speaker 6: It's like they're saying two different things with how good she is at being this, and then they throw the legitim line in here so he can give her the speech like what rout gonna go legit and do?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Is she?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying like she don't she don't got no plan be for she started talking about legit like this, this, this is what she do.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was weird to me, that is a good question, like what what she do?
Speaker 6: Like, we ain't never seen any interest from her other than drugs jewels, But I think.
Speaker 5: That's part of the reason why I kind of buy that she is good at it, because it's like she don't she's looking for identity. She don't really have anything, so she's it's like she's latched on the something that she feels like gives her a place and some money in her pocket to make her feel someone into. And it's like because she would do so that she had regarded so because she is like not really mature enough to really understand the depth of what she's into, she feels like she can be comfortable enough to have that kind of conversation with Alamo and not forget who she is and what her place is. So I think, yeah, it was kind of like, Okay, when did you go to grinds school? But I bought it because it's like she's just happy to be doing something good.
Speaker 1: Point And for me, I don't know if this is a thought for you.
Speaker 2: It seems like the main two things that I heard from the crew is that Rue is good at illegal activity, like she has found purpose in things that either are mood or against the law. And I think what Alamo is seeing in her is that, yes, I found a spark in her.
Speaker 1: She's actually talented.
Speaker 2: But if she ever gets some sense, she may be out to be better than me, because I think he said one of the things he said earlier that was just a joke, was like, oh, like you a girl that likes girls, but you also trying to have a business sense of it.
Speaker 1: You gonna run them just like the niggas do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If Rue is able to get some sense about her, that could be his main competition because the girls gravitate towards her.
Speaker 1: More than anybody. She would treat them better.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying this is her big plan, but I can see why he wants to check her, because even though he sees promise, he still see he at the end of the day, competition is all around him, so and he hasn't really put all of his influence on her to where she's like a loyal soldier like Marshawn and Bishop. Because we don't even know why they are loyal to him either. So it's just I feel like that's what he was saying. It is scary to say that, but I understand his perspective too, as a dude who's running an illegal bunch of shit.
Speaker 3: Who.
Speaker 4: Well, Ruth's really good at what she's doing for him and leaving him to go do some other ship.
Speaker 1: He can't really have that happen.
Speaker 4: And I'm kind of like Spike and Alamo was because when she said legit, I said the main thing when she went to the TV, I was like, legit, what.
Speaker 1: He gonna do? And then he just kind of broke down, and you know, you know, I Ope.
Speaker 4: People love to get these stories and these African American history stories about how shit was legal, then it was legal, then it turned legal to benefit the white man, et cetera, et cetera, which is cool, But you could tell dumb people all kind of shit and you know they'll they'll turn around and believe it. And Rue doesn't come across as the smartest person, and he's real. He sounds like he's a really good storyteller, not saying what he said was false, but you know, he could have told her some all kind of crazy shit that she probably would have went for it.
Speaker 1: So I think for Rue, she needs.
Speaker 4: To really figure out how to hear she's gonna get herself out of this situation, because, if anything, it should have been an eye opening conversation for her listening to him say some stuff like that. You know, So that's that's what I'm thinking. But you know, and I think it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was our opening.
Speaker 7: You can just tell about her face, like, oh, I've been down this road before. But I think like we're seeing, like I guess what she could tap into being like an entrepreneur, being like a like a salesperson or or getting into that lane. And also we also saw that she had an interest in finding God, so she could go into ministering too. So you know a lot of people in these type of positions when they did all this type of dirt day they turned to ministring like later in life.
Speaker 3: So we could see that.
Speaker 2: Past the root, past the rootsell fire.
Speaker 1: That's not like a rapper, that's not like either the best speaking in Decata a rapper, for.
Speaker 3: I sold drugs?
Speaker 2: Why is that the nigga we all want to hear from? Though an he tells somebody leave with that. I'm like, all right, you got my touching.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, that's a that's a career path, right then, it's definitely a career path.
Speaker 9: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna do something because I want to make sure I get most as much as Rod's thoughts on this episode as possible before you gotta leave. So I want to talk about this part of this because there's two parts of the rest of this episode. There's Nate and Cassie and the ship that happened to Rute. So let's talk since we're on the Rude. We then see Lori response back to Alamo's goofy shit, his last gift that he gave her last episode. She dropped that motherfucking pig right back in this shitkiss everywhere he shot them, He shot motherfucking babe. Blood splattered all over the goddamn girl. Now now we see it's an ongoing war. So, Rob, what are your thoughts on what transpired afterwards as far as Bishop and Ruth going to pick up making a supply run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like this, man, another intent scene. Man. I liked Dude.
Speaker 7: I knew he was gonna be good in this show because I've seen him in other things. Man, And Yeah, I like the intensity here. I like how Rude was and how Laurie was like, you know, like, are you sure you don't want to come back? Like that whole conversation, the way Bishop just kind of orchestrated through the whole thing. Yeah, I thought this was a dope scene. And I was really curious to see what they did with the bird and whatnot. So, Nah, Man, I thought this scene was executed really well. I like, I liked the bobble of this scene.
Speaker 2: Nate, what was your thoughts on, like when you saw that Bishop was tagging along with Ruthe for this, I know your mind had to go like this could go in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, And I liked how they played on that. I was glad she wasn't going by herself because I knew if she went by herself, it's gonna go horrible.
Speaker 3: And what was.
Speaker 5: The point of them sending her right back to to Laurie? But I think I know they've got this whole western thing. This was maybe the first scene where I was like, Okay, I like this whole cowboy Indian Western thing that they're doing. This was the first time where it felt cool to.
Speaker 1: Me, Loue.
Speaker 2: Their whole back and forth, especially when it comes to like Bishop pulling up and doing his thing, was that interesting to you at all?
Speaker 1: The back and forth between him and rule, back and.
Speaker 2: Forth between him and like Laurie's henchmen and all that, Like just that it felt like it was like their attempt to.
Speaker 1: Do some Quentin Tarantino shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if it were in the sense of like the plan was. And I wanted to ask y'all the plant was the kidnap row right, But because he came, they felt like they couldn't kidnap her.
Speaker 3: I said, I never do that.
Speaker 5: I think I thought they said, when when he's gonna say Laurie's should we kidnapp her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: La oh, I mean yeah, he's been on that for forever.
Speaker 6: Like I took that as like there was it too. So that's why I'm surprised. I thought I thought it was gonna go down nah, And I.
Speaker 2: Took it as they just goofy ass like they.
Speaker 7: Just talking about hours all that ship, like it's okay, that thing got right.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 6: So we're supposed to believe that they respect buddy that was with her enough to like, well, okay, y'all.
Speaker 1: Said it wasn't kidnapping. So I mean.
Speaker 6: Then it does even less for me, like I because I really didn't get nothing from those conversations. The tension there for me was when I thought they were going to attempt to kidnap her, So I was kind of let down. They just walked out, so I was I thought something was going to happen. It's like, okay, how they gonna make the more what's gonna happen to dude? Are they just scared a dude? But not guess the whole plot was just to go kill the bird. Yeah, that was always yeah, yeah, you kid.
Speaker 1: I'm with Spike. I thought they were serious.
Speaker 4: I thought they were and because Laurie said, oh yeah, I do kind of miss it. So unless you were just going along with the floid of the conversation just for just to be just for the sake of it, then all right. So that being said, that was the tense moment for me because I'm like, Okay, now he's there. They didn't anticipate. I'm thinking they didn't even anticipate him showing up, so they're gonna have to figure out how to make this happen. Or maybe they just were like, all right, well, since he's here, let's just forget about it and let's just go ahead and conduct business. So they got me with that whole conversation about kidnapping because I was like, oh man, we're gonna go there herself. When I saw what showed up, I was like, oh ship, okay, good, she didn't go by herself.
Speaker 1: And then they walked in the door. I thought all this ship in my head.
Speaker 4: I thought he was gonna get shot through the shot the same thing like that. I'm like the porch lights are out like it's dark and y'all just gonna walk up. So when none of that happened, I was like, Okay, well he's inside. They're gonna turn on them. So I'm writing the whole ship in my head about what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: See, and to me, they're they're look at their leader. Do you take anything about their operation seriously? So that's not like when they be talking about ship, bro It's like these are just it's like ed Ed and Eddie like these are just goofballs talking about plans that ain't never gonna amount the ship outside of what they've been doing.
Speaker 4: You know, they're saying good enough to do it, though we've seen stupid do some dumb ship.
Speaker 2: I think I think that to me, the word I would use is they're brave enough they have like the Kohunas to do ship, but they are at least somewhat calculated to where they're only going to do things that because at the end of the day, both sides do not want to have their business impacted negatively.
Speaker 1: If you bring on a war amongst.
Speaker 2: Drugs and guns, like, that's bad for business because you're not the ones selling it to either side. So it's like I think they're just like we willing to do these little games, but when shit go down, shit is really going no down, But nobody wants to start the first. No one wants to be the one that starts ship because no one's going to have to really end it. For me, I thought it was interesting. But whenever I hear Lou, I like asking Lou questions because he always bring out the real nigga answer of it all, Like they want to go kill a bird? Like how much exciting can you make that be? Now we know what it means symbolically.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: Symbolically, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like them, that's the first act of war. That's now the war has started. You killed because remember he asked, like, what's something precious to her? And it's like and so he so now that he's done that, because the pig sure.
Speaker 1: Is just goofy ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But like you killing her something that she loved, it's like, all right, now ship really about that?
Speaker 1: Defan, yeah, because.
Speaker 7: That's like you want to kill like Godfather's cat, you know what I'm saying, Like, so yeah, that's what this means? War, you killed my bird, like like the way that Nigga went out and waiting for it to you don't gonna drop they keep the camera right.
Speaker 2: Because like rock real quick they did. They almost had me on the fake. I was like, did this motherfucker drink the water? Is that when she passed out out there? Was it the wrong motherfucker? They killed the bird?
Speaker 1: The bird alive and singing this ship. She didn't a bird trying to get her attention and she wouldn't wake.
Speaker 3: Up right.
Speaker 7: Ship, Well the bird is the word and just start flinching on the ground like.
Speaker 3: So like older like uh came came cousin.
Speaker 2: So the last thing with this is after Rule leaves, she gets followed. But I thought like they was immediately on her ass lot like I thought like as soon as the bird dropped, like they was coming to get her or something like. I don't know what I forgot what scene went first, but that's what I was thinking. But I but then when the lights went off, I'm like, oh ship, But I'm also was thinking like she ain't really got nothing. But then she did just pick some ship up literally, But I thought it went with bishop.
Speaker 1: It should have went with Bishop, like, I don't understand that well.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they was just picking up because they was picking her up or they found some ship.
Speaker 1: Either way, lou d a on her ass.
Speaker 2: She going to jail. How is this gonna complicate the war? Because I think rule snitch. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I think for sure.
Speaker 6: I think I think she's for sure snitch for no.
Speaker 1: Will snitch, or she's a snitch now gonna use her first first ballot Hall of Fame snitching she brown done allegedly.
Speaker 7: No before after the fast call. This is after did a fast call. We talked about that like that man, let it go, Bro.
Speaker 1: I knew. I knew that was gonna happen, right because I think I predicted it.
Speaker 2: I was like, they're gonna do it, They're gonna have, They're gonna have.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect it to be with her.
Speaker 2: I thought it would be with old girl, the one he was actually kind of interesting Lexi. But the fact that they started with Room means that Lexi is going to have a random pay phone moment and she's gonna cry and it's gonna I guess it's gonna probably be like them honoring him by saying like we were able to close this chapter out even though he's not here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, in the in the.
Speaker 5: Like how they do the behind the scenes saying he literally said he was like you know the fact that he died, like he didn't want to kill him in this universe too, so they're not they're gonna keep him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's what I figured.
Speaker 1: That's that's cool. That makes it better for me.
Speaker 6: I don't know if ruisnitch tole Nigga, like I think she from what y'all was saying earlier, she always been adjacent to criminal activity, so she keep her wouch.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 6: You know, these people are dangerous, but I think it's Lauri that they probably gonna be looking for more so than they're gonna be looking for my guy. And I think it's got it's gonna have something to do with Glory more so than it's gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Do with the new dude.
Speaker 1: Why why was you surprised when I say gonna be a snitch name.
Speaker 3: I just don't want that for her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just can't see her like wearing wires and stuff like.
Speaker 3: I don't want her to be a rat.
Speaker 5: I think that they're gonna play around with the idea of her being a rat. I think that especially Alamos smart enough to know if she did get pulled over, pulled over, and if they did trill her, that it's a very likely potential for her to be a rat. So I think that's definitely like going to play into the story.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if she actually I just want better for her.
Speaker 2: Again, I think they got a first ballot Hall of Fame snitch and we're about to see a play out.
Speaker 4: So you think they are a man, I don't think some way. I just want to be make sure I'm understanding. So you think they've already lipped through.
Speaker 2: In my mind, she's In my mind, she's flipped already. Once they pulled her over. Once Buddy knocked. We didn't even see buddy face. Buddy just knocked on the door and said that I'm da put your hands against the wall. I'm like, oh, she's done, because she's.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I thought Glorie snitched on her, is what I thought.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's what I thought that bird did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes she did. Or it could be the other stripper girl girl.
Speaker 7: I might have said something to somebody at the at the cycle war or something she did oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: She didn't go to a real, real hospital.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know how they got on to her, but I just think that as soon as as soon as we see the cops introduced us, it's not even just local police. Can we talking d A, Yeah, it's like no, they got a case built around and the only way she's gonna get out is by flipping on both of them. They may only just ask her about LORI and or just about album on she's like Nigga, I got two for one in me.
Speaker 1: At the five piece.
Speaker 6: I'm hearing y'all talking out and how they've been shooting. I think they're doing the pump fake. It's gonna be about the girl because somebody was sitting outside watching when she dropped the girl, and that probably was an undercover cop and they probably took pictures of rule and this is probably gonna be about that because I was gonna yeah, I think that's how it was, because like Hendy, they said, I don't want to see a show with rue and a wire, Like I don't want to see that. That's not gonna be like, yeah, this this show is more interesting than that. So I feel like this is a pump. Think now that I'm hearing y'all talking thinking about it, the police probably was watching her drop the girl off, and then from there they picking her up because they identified her for some photos. And then she's gonna ask the questions about the girl, and she gonna find out that something happened to the girl. Now she has something against your what well, he said, you're under arrest, bro. It ain't like they just picking her up and just to scare and talk and see what happens. Like they got some shit on her and they.
Speaker 2: Gonna hit you with the You facing this, but if you give us this, maybe we can.
Speaker 6: You know, you know what I'm saying. Rue, she got warrants for parking tickets or some shit. She probably got a dumb as warring out there like a bench warring for not showing up, and they just using it to pick her up. I want to believe that more than I want to believe that they from the pick her up and flipp her. Like you said, now we got to deal with her wearing wires and getting nervous, and they doing that cheap. I think that's a cheap trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 2: We get into the mess now can the rest of my rest of my focus is all about this wedding that I was low key almost spoiled full on with this episode before I even watched it. I think last night I was scrolling and someone that was a post that said Cassie and Nate got married and the whole internet's going crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, they got things. Did the wedding episode already shit, just like how y'all thought.
Speaker 2: But I love the fact that they did this because to me, Lou, this is the show betting on itself and.
Speaker 1: Saying, look, if you think this episode good, we got more heat. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so I'm gonna start off with you, Lou, because we find out early this is before we get to the wedding. We find out that Rue has a plus one invite and she brings jewels, which leads us to the whole shebang itself. So what did you think about Cassie and Nate's wedding?
Speaker 1: I have question for name and Rod at first? Could could jewels have bought it? To y'all? Winding? Okay?
Speaker 6: You know you know sometimes we will get mad at yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That was a j Lo drift from the Grammys. What you asked me, what do you think about the wedding? I thought this was brilliantly doing. It was a build up like all the people. I love when TV shows do this. The succession was really good at it. They put all these people in the room and you know they're gonna have to eventually at some point talk to each other.
Speaker 1: You had Nate, Dad and Jules.
Speaker 6: You had Maddie who's observing her best friend and getting married. Like, I just love everything that they set up for this, and I thought it was a great payoff too, especially with the dude who I told you was against her.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: I swear I try not to stereotype. That's why I was going into things like this looks like this.
Speaker 1: But maybe he was just maybe he is. He's just a concern owner about his investments. He munch. But I was completely wrong with that.
Speaker 6: But I thought I thought the wind was. I think his dad did a great job. I'm i'm r I P. The dude is killing this ship. He is killing the speech.
Speaker 1: The conversation with Jules, and just even the back and forth.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: The other thing that I thought was stood out was when when her mom was walking.
Speaker 2: Her up, that's the best to me that that's the best part of this episode.
Speaker 6: Her mom was on complete bullshit. But everything up in the beginning, I'm trying to put her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I was about to say, wrong, But you don't. You should have been and said this ship were walking down down.
Speaker 5: Now it's too telling us since she brought them up like she's been telling them since the party like this, something is wrong with you girl, And now she tells me about to make the worst decision of your life. Let me be a cautionary tale. You saw what me and your daddy went through, and you got with it ten times worse.
Speaker 3: But go in because this is what you want to know. I got.
Speaker 1: She was on all the way down by She know that till she had because she handed her off. She did that, she didn't let her ride to me. The obvious thing is timing.
Speaker 2: The obvious thing is timing as far as why that was the wrong thing for her to do. But everything else after that, they can lou Yes, she needed to hear all that craned.
Speaker 1: That's the worst time, like you can even done the night before.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying gave that you can't do that as you passing her off, you basically putting the last second.
Speaker 1: Martin Luther Kings said, I led my people to a burning building.
Speaker 2: That's what she literally do, Like she's wronging her into this burning building that's only for life.
Speaker 6: I like jewels and Nate Dad too. At the bar when she was like, he was like, I hate everybody the r chilly. He was like, I hate everybody. Think I'm a pedal. And she was like, hey, you do like young.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 2: That nigga that nigga said he got caught because somebody was two and a half months away.
Speaker 1: We got the d collection. You don't collect the DVDs in twenty thirty, you have a problem. That's what said he, which is hilarious to me. Man is crazy is crazy? Yeah, Rob, what was you thinking about the weather?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that that that down at our part was super crazy. I do like it, like it in terms of because you can be crying for all kind of reasons coming down, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, oh, wow, so that it actually doesn't look that crazy because you could be crying to the joy, you know what I mean. So I thought that was interesting. But yeah, I don't know, man, that that was a unique a unique scene. I was not expecting that. And then all the flowers to see all the flowers that.
Speaker 1: I was looking at that too.
Speaker 6: I was looking at that too, and I like the dude saying something about it too.
Speaker 1: So many flowers. Hey, he was the MVP of this episode. We're gonna get into that everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm with like, like, like, I'm with Ken when Ken said I thought it was like magic.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was real.
Speaker 7: Because I was like, you know, this seems really they they're doing this really fast.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was. I was more so getting getting old the fact that this was actually real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a dream sequence. It's not. No, it's it's far from that. Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, they definitely tried to have a moment, and I think they did a good job of capturing one, which we'll discussed. But up until that, you know, it was like tension in the air, like who's gonna say what, Who's going to do what, who's going to interact with what.
Speaker 3: Maddy got a good job. Maddy did a really good job of face.
Speaker 4: She did mm hmmm, because for the most part Mattie was all right until her mom said what she said, and that was the one that got her.
Speaker 1: Like she was cool.
Speaker 4: But when when mom said something about marrying the wrong one or something like that, that's what triggered Maddie. So it seemed to me she was kind of contempt. She was okay with it. She was just gonna be there and just go along with emotion. But mom brought all that stuff back and it just kind of So we'll see what Maddie does from here, because I don't think she's gonna let that that that that slide. You know, the whole conversation with with Drew, I was, I was like, what's gonna happen with this?
Speaker 1: Where's it gonna go? Like, you know, is anybody gonna say anything?
Speaker 4: Like when Nate was like, I didn't expect you to be here, you know, of all people, but and you know her, and I think they they did a really good job with writing Eric Dane's character to cover up he act.
Speaker 1: While he was sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by making him always being drunk.
Speaker 2: Yep, just not put that together, kid, That's brilliant because I was wondering why he was talking like that, like he that's real yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's like, oh ship, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's how he was.
Speaker 5: And I think because that interview he did, if y'all watched the interview he did, like his last word interview on Netflix, and it's a little bit worse in there, like his speech is a little bit more slurred, but based on like this had to be towards the end. But yeah, I love the fact that they're hiding it, that's being drunk all the time, and that if you didn't know that that was his condition, you think the nigga was just I just.
Speaker 6: Thought he was like yeah, yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Damn Yeah, that's damn good acting though too. That's even better to be able to carry it like that. Yeah, he was just putting that that slur on, but the note that he was suffering with that that didn't write it like, I think that was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was. It was well done. It was well done. So but nothing.
Speaker 4: The biggest moment for me was just the mom walking down the aisle saying what she was saying.
Speaker 1: For the most part, everything else was.
Speaker 4: Kind of like it was going along relatively smoothly for this group.
Speaker 1: Of group of folks until.
Speaker 6: Yourn't till it wouldn't And why did they have Jane uh James Brown looking like? And they they doubled down on it the ying Yang song.
Speaker 3: Bro, what is going on? Blackfish what they call it?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, bro, because it's like, is this this what they really won't steal?
Speaker 2: This is that old packet, this is a kid, this.
Speaker 1: Is the one that's in the box.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: It was. It was pretty nasty, but.
Speaker 4: I could totally see a group of people with money like that getting a James Brown looking like.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: No one, no one, no one moved was moved by a blue like. He wasn't he wasn't anything that was like a spectacle.
Speaker 1: He was just he was. It was just them with bad hair. That just in the building with a bad hairstyle. Alright, I appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: So that's what threw me off because I'm just like, bro, they just got this nigga literally chucking the job, and everybody's just treating it like it's regular.
Speaker 1: To like that bad though.
Speaker 4: It look like James Brown, it might be a mask a white guy underneath that.
Speaker 3: That's what it looked like.
Speaker 1: It looked like if Joe Jackson tried to be James Brown Fortnight, what your man, what you may exactly, but yeah, for me, it was that was that was one of her very interesting points.
Speaker 2: But also the the stuff that was happening with Cassie and Nate, where this is Cassie supposed to be, this is her best not She's trying to force the best night of her life alto.
Speaker 1: And Nate is faking it till he make it. Kid hearing all kinds of ship and he just rolling she over here talking he paid for He ended up paying for the flowers right very he paid that.
Speaker 6: This one made me think of saying fake it till you ma like he going into like Buddy says like, you didn't buy this ship six months ago.
Speaker 1: You was owing me for six months. I know you just bought some of this stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he said he page.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, and he was like black man by my own wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he t that white man man.
Speaker 2: Going through it for real, just trying to think banter is gonna get him through.
Speaker 1: But boy, I know we're gonna talk about other things.
Speaker 2: But the main thing is, hey, Ken would not see because I know they I knew the guest list. I knew that when I see Buddy on stage, he ain't even in the crowd throwing a TOASTU, you know, like a villain shows like he's there and he just makes the character like heart drop to the stomach that Nigga put his hand over.
Speaker 1: He was like, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Black put y'all kicking it in here. Bro. He was like, he was like, how you how you doing all this? And you owe me all this money? She was like, what money?
Speaker 2: You know when you bring up you know, when you tell the wife the ship you got going on?
Speaker 1: And she asked this. Goofy asked questions, just smiling, look at all Goofy and ship the lines.
Speaker 2: Out the line for me name was when he said, oh yeah, you think this is a dream or this is a nightmare?
Speaker 1: And then he left them alone. He was like I see said I see later.
Speaker 4: Yep, and didn't wait, did not wait. But uh but noah, man, do you know Nate should have realized what type of trouble he was in when he showed up. He's on stage with you all, talking to you. He's not whispering, and here.
Speaker 5: He's not cold, he's not saying something and coded language.
Speaker 1: Money yep, and everybody heard it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and immediately to tell her husband.
Speaker 1: Take her bread. She like.
Speaker 2: She made a goofy decision and then she realizing it slowly, but surely that's what because what she told she said, she said, we invested our kids college fun. I'm like, you do that on that guarantee, young white man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was true with her, but but nah man, And then you know, I mean he showed up to the wedding.
Speaker 1: Anybody willing to show up to your wedding.
Speaker 4: Talking about you owe them money because he won't know you're going to be there and know he can buy you, and know that's probably to let you also know how serious it fucking is. That's somebody you don't play with, and you pay them the fucking money. You figure that ship out a sap everybody, you know.
Speaker 1: For the food. Now the guests gotta pay for the food.
Speaker 2: It's before that little I would be terrified even book a reservation a venue before I pay it without having paid him first. You take care of you. You you kick the can on the wedding until you pay someone like him first.
Speaker 6: That's a good point, and I think that's what the show is trying to say. Like Nate think that it's sweet. He thinked that he in the suburbs taking his money from these white folks, Like, nah, this ain't the same thing. I'm finna show up the other guy. I don't know what nationality is. Heny in too deep for his breeches, and like dude came to show him he used to taking money from white collar dudes. This ain't a white collar guy. This is a blue collar crime guy. Like I'm coming to get mine. I'm gonna send somebody to follow you. I'm gonna find out when your wedding is. I'm gonna pop up at the wedding. Like King said, I'm not whispering. You owe me money. Matter of fact, I'm gonna see you when you leave out of here, because you're supposed to have hundred thousand dollars on me Friday and it's whatever days is y'all getting married? Yeah, I think that. I think they did a good job. It's showing how green Nate really is. But he don't think that because he out in the suburbs maneuvering.
Speaker 1: There will also.
Speaker 3: Who is Nate? Who is he right now?
Speaker 1: Is this why is this why you hit that episode? Nate, Go ahead, say that's the case. So it's a.
Speaker 5: Couple of things with the wedding. The wedding was underwhelming to me. They did a really good job at having all of this tense conversation but nothing happening from it. It's like, what, like all of these different the only thing that I'm interested in really seeing is like how Maddie reconciles the feelings that she has.
Speaker 3: But everything else like net Callen, Jules Jewels and Nate.
Speaker 5: Like okay, okay, what what's come of it?
Speaker 3: Nothing? Because we still got Nate acting like.
Speaker 5: A goofball in the in the live balls, I just want to make you happy, and you still got Cassie sitting there thinking like she's manipulating him and making him do whatever she wants. Over like, the whole ship was just dumb Cassie and Cassie is dumb, Nate is dumb. This whole situation is dumb to me.
Speaker 4: Hmm, Well, one thing, I when when Nate tried to get him to walk away, tell me, hey man, it's my wedding day. Do you understand the only people that care about that, you and everybody else is of all people outside don't give a fuck. He don't give a fuck about customs, He don't give a fuck about any of this ship. The only thing he cares about is the money that you owe him. So, but Nate, I, I I definitely agree with you, you know, like I said it was the pop off was was this guy?
Speaker 6: So my question for y'all, because you said you agree, when y'all say it's dumb, y'all say it's dumb writing or they just dumb care characters, Like what what's the dumb part about it? Like, y'all don't like the direction of it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't fit who we know these these characters to be up to this point, Like we know Cassie's the airhead, right she plays it to the airhead thing like that's who we know her to be. But it's like you're an airhead and thinks you've turned smart.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I don't get what they're trying to do with this, Like she thinks she's a master manipulator of him because he's acting so much differently than who he really is. Like I'm waiting for him to bust somebody up there, Like the fact that he hasn't knocked her upside her head yet, knowing who name, like this is the same dude who broke into a man's apartment and beat the crap out of him because he slept with Maddie like that, Nate was crazy?
Speaker 3: Where is crazy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: How has been with him this whole time? And he's like, what is going on? And I make some switch and that's great, but damn, I just want to know I'm going to carry you across the threshold and make love, like who are you right now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, One, he was trying to get Cassie to calm the fuck down because he knew he I fucked up, so she was gonna be a problem because she was being a problem when she ran up there and started spiraling about how much money she over when she popped up in the eye. When he got popped in the out with that goddamn cork, and the way he looked up, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh shit, that may be the Nate on the way that.
Speaker 4: You guys were talking about, because he looked like he was pissed, And I was like, oh, that looked like Bruce Banner about to turn in the hawk.
Speaker 1: But then he went back to the guy you're describing, get.
Speaker 5: What they're joined. I don't get what they're doing, and I really hope it makes sense in a couple of episodes, but right now I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Nicky thinks that that that works in this world that he's in, though I think that speaks to his move from wherever, but he's always been in suburban suburbia, whatever it may be in the suburbs. But now that he's taking a role of his dad's company and he's grown a little bit older, I think that he thinks that he has to act like that. It can't be as reckless anymore. Now we didn't have any contexts in the show. I do agree with you for us to say, oh, he's grown or he's trying to hide their part, like they didn't give us any context for it.
Speaker 1: But how I'm reading him is in the.
Speaker 6: First episode especially, he's trying to be what he thought his dad should have been. And that's how he's suppressing that Nate anger, because how he looks at his dad is some whatever you call his dad, somef yeah, yeah, whatever his dad is. I think he's suppressing his anger because he thinks that's what was in his dad like that, whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: My thing is I think what Cana said is on point, and that's the own. But that's also a risk that we're taking with the show because it's been so long that we are not even fully trusting how they're.
Speaker 1: Telling these stories anymore.
Speaker 2: So Nay, what I'm saying is that if Ken is right and this is like Bruce Banner gonna eventually turn to the whole, is that a good enough transition for you at this point knowing that early on, or do you think that no matter what they do in the season, you're just not engaged because this is not the ning you remember.
Speaker 5: I feel like if they do do this switch, they need to do a better job of explaining why the switch was there to begin with. Like I feel like I need to have a better under and I need to have a better understanding of how Like this can't simply be because he has the big, titty, blond hair, blue eyed wife and that's what makes him want to be this better man than his father was, Like that it can't just be because of Cassie, my guy. And if it is, like they need to do a better job of eplaining that that's the reason why this has now gone to her head and she thinks she is the master puppeteer puppeteer that she's not, and why he's changed so much. I need to not only see the switch, I need to understand why there was this drastic change. And I just do not buy that it's simply Cassie.
Speaker 1: We'll get I think I think we'll be satisfied.
Speaker 2: I think, especially what we experienced so far in just a three episode arc. Like, I think we'll be satisfied with all the characters. Because Ken, when that motherfucker pulled them pliers, Well, the funny thing was seeing Cassie just sit on the ground and like have a temper tantrum while her husband is.
Speaker 1: Getting his ass handed to him. It was hilarious. It was hilarious, but it was annoying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Oh my nose, my nose, I'm bleeding. It was supposed to be the best day of my life. I'm getting drug up the stairs and down the stairs.
Speaker 1: What she supposed to do? What you'll think she did?
Speaker 2: Try something again, She didn't. She got some sense knocked into it.
Speaker 1: That's what this is.
Speaker 6: Make sure gave him a better fight though, like the he's a suburban kid bro the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true. Think about him, want them dudes? Yeah you remember dude, like you said, that's what they made me think. You caught him off guard, caught him off you know what I'm saying. My thing is like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a cool bro, he being a Russian off the wheel in a suit and a what a super brown here. They gasped him up, Yeah that's true. Dug up the stairs and drug back.
Speaker 10: He was trying to he was trying to run. Would have been crazy trying to find she was like, Nate, what's he He mugged her ass?
Speaker 3: He did? He did?
Speaker 6: He Like dude could have been eating at whatever he eating right there with Maddie when like she would at least went after him or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they would have had to shoot her.
Speaker 1: The facts, brout, I'm trying to crawl.
Speaker 6: Up whenever they get in a fight. You didn't do that when Buddy was in the house and.
Speaker 1: Dragging your ass something.
Speaker 2: Steps already know, already know that's why you got divorce.
Speaker 1: Now you got the horse, you gotta leave. It's over.
Speaker 2: It's over once you said you get your brother, because like Nate, you can't even take you.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen the man I was with his ass.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you wouldn't be with him no more.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be going on because Nate, if he missed taking out the trash, you would be like, so you gonna have a.
Speaker 1: Nigga drag you up and down his house. But you can't drag.
Speaker 5: You every like her.
Speaker 4: You ever in life?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you lost the pinky. He lost the pinky, name a pinky. I don't know what you're stumping up and down the stairs.
Speaker 2: I will, Hey, damn, I want her any time you do some ship, I will with the very time I put a pinky on his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Say what's up to drink? It's always always have a pinky off. What you gotta do? What's tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah he got he gonna move to a wonderful single family residents.
Speaker 1: The first the first thing, you got something in the house, you stay there.
Speaker 5: I'll go check it out, like, what is what.
Speaker 3: Is going on?
Speaker 1: The first thing?
Speaker 6: One time, there's two things that a dude to do that should never It's one that's getting his ass like that, and two is almost drowned.
Speaker 1: She said, She said, dude off almost drowned.
Speaker 6: And so you think about how you be if you almost ain't Lou Lou, she said, it's over.
Speaker 1: We got the both of them, Lou.
Speaker 2: That that is. That is why I stay in. I stay in knee high water. Bro, I stay in the high water.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: You see you see my beast pictures is by the saying nigga, you know my unmasculine. You look almost drowned.
Speaker 2: And trust me, I've done it as a kid, and I knew that. I knew that I did in front of submittes. Bro, you know what I'm saying. I was at the pool as a kid, as a teenager.
Speaker 1: It's a girl. It's one of my whole. Brother. She told me.
Speaker 6: She's like I never dated after after I dated the dude. I see him get beat up, almost drowned.
Speaker 1: It's over. I said, Damn. That's a good That is is facts, bananas, But need is worse. Na is worse. He got his he got his peaky cut off. My nigga named nas.
Speaker 2: No by No with his wife in the eye, said what do you say?
Speaker 1: Uh, sometimes you whole sometimes your photo that's a cool ship. When he cut it off.
Speaker 4: Man, basically tender ROZs just to come do the final God bro man right there.
Speaker 1: So Petty, can you just you could have just cut off my toe. He have to beat my ass too, could have.
Speaker 6: Just the toe off bro with my ass, I think.
Speaker 2: But but honestly, Lou, honestly, Lou, I think you're gonna take that back because if you know, a nigga has been owing you an egregious amount of money, not only a white man. Like a white man has a wedding like that, and then at his wedding he talking about.
Speaker 3: Some with all to get me my money.
Speaker 1: Facts.
Speaker 2: I see the money, like he said, see the flowers. I know you got old dirves, they popping bottles.
Speaker 6: You basically just playing in my face. Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, boy, that ship was That ship was crazy. I thought he I was hoping, not hoping, but I was expecting that Cassie would do something to where it would change the dynamic of her character. But her sitting there just being hysterical was was actually perfect. But yeah, but can to your point, I can't stay in that that friend of Cassie that be snitching every time she anytime, any time that's a credit on his account.
Speaker 1: She ain't go back to her. She didn't. She didn't even I feel.
Speaker 5: I feel the money, and you got a man coming up here, come out, and I'm like, he's talking about we just gave him money and he all other people paying.
Speaker 6: Debt either, like I want my wife to come tell me now to like y'all know you gave.
Speaker 1: Me some money was not money. And she was already walking, she was already suspect.
Speaker 5: So she got a right, Hello, that's why you're selling ass on the internet.
Speaker 1: She set her down. She was like, she was like, so that's why you got That's why you had to pour on ship. He got you. He got you tricking on the.
Speaker 6: Street girl with my money.
Speaker 1: And they be screaming the ship to where he's fucking broke.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, look this is something. That's why I'm like, it must be a culture thing because white people. But they were screaming out of all day this wedding. No one was really like bothered by it.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody reacted.
Speaker 2: If there was anybody called somebody broke the groom, that's shutting down the whole.
Speaker 6: Wedding, It's gonna be the furniture movie if that happened at Black wedding, Just like one hundred percent of furniture gonna be moving.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's gonna who broke on his wedding day.
Speaker 2: A nigga name, oh man, listen to me, bro, a nigga named nas name cannot come up to me on my on my wedding stage and tell me I owe him money.
Speaker 6: And we think that's just gonna finds. Would have had to rethinking of the black winden.
Speaker 5: And the grooms man up there, like, bro, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Like yeah, as soon as he tried to make it to the stage, and he talking a little loud like all.
Speaker 1: The grooms man and like you said, they don't know gett.
Speaker 7: Like who is that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Who is talking? You niggas be like why are you talking? He's talking a little like a job. And the number one time that you got to show out is at your wedding if somebody's.
Speaker 2: Challenging and all your homies is there, like everybody there there, grand Grandma there from who's from out of town, who she barely get out the house.
Speaker 1: She came to your wether you fighting in front of her.
Speaker 6: I could be completely in the wrong too and owe him that money. But you're still not coming to my way. And then I swear to God not making it out.
Speaker 1: Of here bro.
Speaker 2: That was my only thing, That was my only premise that I'm not that completely wrong. My back is against the wall. You right, Everything he said was facts, But I still.
Speaker 1: You get your ass swoop the here bro. I promise you y'all gonna have to send the rest of y'all people like whoever your your boss is, He gonna wonder, like, damn, why you in the hospital. You would have been a career decision for him coming in the black woo. All right? Any other thoughts on this episode, There's not.
Speaker 5: Really too much that I'm I'm interested in other than rule I did. I did think it was interesting watching Maddie Lee and being going home where she because she I didn't realize like she in the hood for real, you ain't. I mean I did, but not to like Nigga standing outside your gate hood.
Speaker 1: Listen, we they have been portraying.
Speaker 2: Maddie's personality does not match her circumstances right, never has. But when we hear the facts over the phone, I knew that for a second episode's name her mama, Her mama ain't got it, which means she ain't got it.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why she gave up on her whole career.
Speaker 2: I mean that side get because she's like, look, I can't funk up with my money because I'm I'm two paychecks away from being on the streets.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, is right outside the street. They show her checks. What even fat either like she was making money for her boss, but her checks was she mainly can't afford a duplex on Sess Street. I'm going to tell you, if she's.
Speaker 6: Gonna check for three hundred dollars, there's no way she's living in LA I don't know what that check was fold unless it was like, for if that was a paycheck and it was three hundred and whatever dollars, Like I see exactly.
Speaker 1: She's lucky to be living where she's living. Yeah, yeah, and that's why she just lost out on Nate and Cassie living that life that I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna ask, like, what do you think her likes her? Because that screening of her looking at like damn, I don't think that she like wishes she was in Cassie spot, right. I don't think she's jealous to that degree, but I do think she's looking at the It was like the drastic lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, between where she her.
Speaker 5: Best friend is after stealing her man and where she now is.
Speaker 2: And it was brought up may because it's been brought up multiple times. Remember that that screening that she has for Dylan whatever, and he was like, do how long do I gotta be here? She was like, nigga, you get't pay fifty K to watch the movie.
Speaker 1: She always bring up.
Speaker 2: The fact that ship that Nad says that that must be nice ship. That's that sounds like, hey, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And then she when she met up with Cassie at the pool.
Speaker 1: You see how she she looked.
Speaker 2: She hopped Cassie down early to see she parked her goofy ass car all the way at the top of the block and she walked in with that expensive ass whatever to make it seem like she popping when she really not.
Speaker 1: So she is she is not.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much she's jealous of the relationship, but she definitely envious to the lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, and that's probably what goes on between that storyline. I'm interested in, Rue, I'm interested in, to be honest with you, as much as it's cute I'm not super interested in jewels and these sugar Daddy, I'm not really concerned about it.
Speaker 1: So hm hm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Anything upstairs.
Speaker 1: I am interested in. I want to see which which way they go to rule.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping it don't go the wrong way and do the inform and stuff that that that is really that's on my tip of my tongue for the next episode. And I also want to know what Maddie gonna do because we see how she liveing. We started looking on her face at the wed and we of course know what her mom said or whatever it may what is my nate mom said, So I want to see how she played to it. She's still gonna try to play cashier or whatever it may be. And I want to Yeah, I'm kind of mildly interested in the reaction from the birds stuff. Like you said, that was the first shot in the war, So what's the retaliation from that we had? Like what, there's gonna have to be an expendable character in the next two or three episodes, I feel like. So, I feel like there's gonna be somebody with your boy with black Dude, whether it be Marshawn Lynch or whether it be our other homeboy is stoic and too vision. See, I feel like they've introduced us to enough characters, that's to what somebody got to be expendable for us to be more drawn into the series for the next five episodes, and I think that's gonna happen within the next two.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's what the hell? How does it naked out of the situation because there's some fucking flowers that's stopping.
Speaker 1: Them from the Yeah, that that too, You're right, you're right, yea. And do you believe that? Yeah, it's a real it's a real thing. Yeah, it's a real thing. But I don't believe him though, Like I didn't talk about it.
Speaker 6: They visited this a little bit on Yellow Soone in the sense of like how they can slow up bills and whatever it may be.
Speaker 4: So I do know that scenario is real, but I they natives lying. Yeah, I don't know that. Yeah, yeah, Well he's Nate's gonna die.
Speaker 1: That money. He can't get the money. I think it's dad gonna come through for him.
Speaker 6: I think his dad got some gonna have some kind of playing scheme, got some money here somewhere.
Speaker 1: But I think it's dad gonna come through for hmm, Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bishop Is is cool, Larry's stupid as stupid as hell. But the white racist people are hilarious because they really don't care, you know, in terms of them being racist. When when she was like, uh, you know, I don't know blacks listened to the country or watch Westerns or something like that, like that ship was funny, but yeah, but that isn't as Honestly, I don't know what I'm interested in now that I think about it. I think it's a lot of It's about three different moving parts, so I think it needs a little bit more developing, a little bit more.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, I'm I'm in it. I'm in it. I'm in the weeds can I'm ready for it. I think this is a hit. I think every episode is gonna be better than the last.
Speaker 2: And I while they I do agree, like I don't really shock value, don't care for the sugar daddy stuff with Jules, But I care about this because you remember she cut all them niggas off for Ellis, so he I'm interested in seeing what his character turns into because I got I'm on the bet on that that it's gonna be more interesting what y'all think. I can't wait to see. I can't wait for us to see Rude become goddamn Gucci and start.
Speaker 1: Start telling and start telling all everybody that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think that's what we priving for it and the whole and how it's gonna affect Alamo and his people. I don't give a funk about Lord people because they keep on showing how racist they are in every episode, So I think they gonna get They just do.
Speaker 3: But I think take them out.
Speaker 2: Her bro.
Speaker 1: I feel kind of funny when they said kidnapping.
Speaker 5: Rule avocado money, that's what she's gonna do.
Speaker 4: To talk about we slapping my girl on the ass like they about.
Speaker 2: It's like a golf ball to garden hose. That's nuts doing doing the just the King on video is crazy. But no, yeah, they they I feel bad for I'm praying for Faith because they tossing her around like a goddamn salad and god.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of but for the yeah, that one. But well, she didn't mess with everybody. Yeah that was implication that I got it. Everybody who talks to around. He just happened to fall. He stuck with her mm hmmm. All those are our thoughts on euphoria for this week. Please let us know what you guys think.
Speaker 2: FBS podcast is areddit thread that's also our handle for I G and Twitter, and we'll catch you on the next one.
Speaker 1: We out peace, pe