Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome to another episode of The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm your host for the evening. My name is Mike.
Speaker 2: Next to me, I have Spike next to Spike, I have Ken next to Ken. I havena Hey, hey, Nay and.
Speaker 3: Uh next to Nay. We have Rod. But let's get back to Nay. What's going going on there? Not much chilling? Are you still continuing your anime quest?
Speaker 4: I am still in dabbling in the anime streets. I haven't watched a lot to too recently, but I really am trying to get through Yeah, I'm trying to get through that. K Yeah, that I'm trying to I'm I'm like, try struggling through season one and I'm like I think, I'm like, I don't want to watch anything else until I'm able.
Speaker 3: To get through that.
Speaker 1: I'm on season two, but I don't know what the going on.
Speaker 4: I heard season two was a lot better. I want to get into Chainsaw Man because I had a desire to see the movie when it came out, but I was told that I need.
Speaker 3: To watch the show and the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I heard you kind of need to have an understanding of what's going on. So I was like, well, I'll just catch it after I watched the show.
Speaker 5: So that is a new movie that's out in theaters. Okay, I thought it was doing like an anniversary. Yeah, that's what I thought they were doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, I'm still I'm stealing these anime streets.
Speaker 3: So was this your first time watching ghost in the show?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 3: Okay? Where'd you think? It was?
Speaker 4: Pretty? It was pretty. I really liked they call an cinema size. I like the animation. It reminded me of you remember the Perfect Blue that you did talk It reminded me of that. I thought the story was all in all, it was cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's go ahead, stick with the rights.
Speaker 3: Are they both wrong today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I started off thinking it was cool.
Speaker 5: But nah, but nah, but now I was like, no, this is this is actually really good.
Speaker 3: I have my is it is it? Has it always been in English?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I should have told y'all because the translation is not great.
Speaker 4: Okay, translation, that makes me feel better.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's the part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything else was good, and see this is this is one of those rare ocasions where I'm like, I probably need the original version because the.
Speaker 4: Give it to it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I meant to tell y'all that I forgot. Yeah, that was it was bad.
Speaker 5: Like the dub dub version in this, I did not like the main girl, like she sounded like Siri.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was just like, yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 4: What I think. That's probably what took me out. I was like, this is too dialogue heavy for it to just kind of be so flat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I had to take I had to take that out, right, I had to take that part out of them, Like, okay, so maybe this wasn't like the way initially was supposed to be releasing. So once I removed that, I was just like and just looking at the visuals of it all, like the storytelling it of it all.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh, yeah, no, this is this is pretty good. This is pretty good. Yeah cool, all right, Ken, what did you think?
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it?
Speaker 7: You know, I think watching it, I was thinking, damn, why why didn't nobody really tell me about this before? Which I'm probably sure that no, no, no they didn't, but I always heard it was good. But this is like what they were talking about, what they were doing, It's right on my alley, bro sci fi cyborg shit. You know, all the ship that they were doing, the discussions about what is life?
Speaker 1: What is it all? All the other ship you know, the future. Yeah, this was this was it? So yeah, yeah, I definitely enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Did you make it through it?
Speaker 1: Barely? Barely?
Speaker 3: I think my first experience with anime.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 5: All some other stuff out that spite you be like this.
Speaker 4: Didn't participate in the cure then yeah, if you would have liked to cure more harder.
Speaker 3: To understanding this.
Speaker 4: It gets a little wilder. Like by the end, it's like the story gets a little weirder, and this pretty.
Speaker 3: Much stays what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah this was flat. You used to correct word you said. It's pretty flat. For me, nothing really jumped out. The story wasn't great. I was surprised that so many cartoons.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, the anime is play in that world. I love it, bro, that's why all the.
Speaker 1: Kids be watching this get dress and like that.
Speaker 2: And the funniest thing is if you look at it on Hulu was it not Hulu TV? It says that it is TV fourteen, that's what it's rated. But it's tons of nudity in the film. But I guess because it's cartoon and it's like graphic titty nudity, like he.
Speaker 3: Can't hear right, no, no, no, no, he's corrected.
Speaker 2: All right, I expect you not to like it, but yeah, these are the types of anime that I like.
Speaker 3: The cerebral ones like I.
Speaker 2: Can't do the one pieces and the I forget the one that jayalen Ke's bugging me about the fact that I haven't finished watching.
Speaker 3: Attack on Titan.
Speaker 2: No, I gave up on that one too, but no, it's the one that they made they made it into a live action show watch TV Avatar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, these don't do it for me.
Speaker 2: But these weird ones that are just like all over the place, and these are the ones that.
Speaker 3: I really really like.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna go ahead and jump into this and throw us out for anybody that wants to take it.
Speaker 3: We're dropped, that's what that's what.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 2: Put your ghost in my shell, Bill put it in my shell.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: We're dropped into a world where society has been over computerized, but there's still a focus on nations and races, and we meet Matoku Kusinagi, who leads a strike team and ends up assassinating a foreign diplomat who's trying to smuggle a programmer out. Now, I'm gonna be totally honest. I can still remember when I first watched this movie. I had to watch this part like twelve times because I was like, I don't understand what the fun just happened?
Speaker 5: Really, yes, because I was just huh no, I'm saying, I'm sing, go ahead, U was about displaying.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, like though, I couldn't understand why she killed him and what he was trying to do. And I remember when I first watched it, I was like, this doesn't make any sense. It's because I watched the dubya the subtitles.
Speaker 3: It makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 4: But well, I watched the dub version with the subtitles. It helped a little bit.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 4: But I can I can see I can see why because I think.
Speaker 3: This was the point. I was like, wait a minute, let.
Speaker 4: Me put the subtitles on. Yeah, what she just unplugged herself and then she dropped, and she like, what are they doing? What about a passport? So yeah, I put this is when I put the subtitles on.
Speaker 5: My first thaw was like, why she had to take off her clothes because she had in the suit?
Speaker 3: Right, So I picked up on that like a little later.
Speaker 5: I was just like, man, why why they gotta show what titties? And like I didn't understand immediately, Like.
Speaker 3: But let me hit you with this. Well, it's not really about the suit. You remember the guy that had the hoodie, Yeah, he wasn't ugget. We'll get we'll get well, we'll get to it. We'll get to it. Do you think this part was cool for what I understood it? Yeah, Like you said, I ain't watched.
Speaker 6: I should have cut the subtitles on like they said, but I did watch that first part twice.
Speaker 3: To your point, it's like why why she just shoot him?
Speaker 4: And who was like yeah, so I thought it looked though it made me.
Speaker 3: Feel like a flux.
Speaker 4: I can see that, so I was like and I used to love watching. I was like, oh this And they came out around the same time, so I was kind of like, oh, yeah, this is real aon fluxy. I'm digging it.
Speaker 5: I think I think I figured that that what you just that question you had out she was she had the natural skin that was thermo or whatever that can be camouflage, and he had to have the cloak in order to do that.
Speaker 3: He wasn't fully like how she was.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, right, Yeah, partly, but it's also because, in my opinion, I don't think she understands like the whole idea of shame because she's not used to this. Like we'll get to it, but like when she gets naked on the boat, she just does it like it's no big deal.
Speaker 3: But Bato like shifts his head away.
Speaker 2: I think she just doesn't really even factor in that you're not supposed to be running around naked interesting, you know, because there's.
Speaker 3: No sexualizing here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, yeah, the whole nude versus is a nude versus naked that they that they teach you like one is like nude is just like you have no shame and there's nothing weird about it, but naked is like, oh, I'm supposed to be covered up, you know what I'm saying, All like new beaches that's what they call, right, and not naked beaches.
Speaker 4: Because she was she was ghosted as a kid.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, she was. She was. She was ghosted as a kid.
Speaker 2: From what I understand, at least and she never really factored in this whole idea of what sexualizing even means. So that's why she's completely fine getting but assed, neked and jumping off of buildings and shit. But this moves into the title sequence, which shows a cyborg being created. What did y'all think of this or what did you take from it?
Speaker 3: I really liked the music. The music They nailed that.
Speaker 5: Like it, Like, I'm really big on music soundtrack even when I create my videos, and it gives like a certain feeling without the dialogue.
Speaker 3: They really do that a.
Speaker 5: Few times in this movie, and I was just like, man, that's that's really good to be able to tell story with music, draw motion or whatever. So nah, that was the one thing that I liked about that. I was a little confused about the brain thing until later I kind of figured out what was kind of going on with that because at first it showed like a human brain, but then it showed like a cyborg type brain. So what I never quite understood that part.
Speaker 3: That's a question for the room. Did anybody else take something from them?
Speaker 4: I didn't take that from that, But my understanding is it's kind of like affusing and the ghost is like the human element of whatever was taken from that brain. So that's where the concept of their souls and their spirits come into into place. So and yeah, so that's where the concept of like your soul, how much soul do you have? Like how much of that human brain human memory do you actually have in this cyborg?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So did anybody get like a representation of childbirth from when she was in the feudal position?
Speaker 4: Very much? So, Yeah, like an embryo type of situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't say. I can't say I picked up on that ming out of the water and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't pick up on that at first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna ask Ken because Ken over they're not saying ship So Ken, she wakes up in a completely dark room before going to the office where they're examining another cyborg whose brain was hacked by someone called the puppet Master.
Speaker 3: So what do you think of this scene?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember it because I was half pantention.
Speaker 2: That. By the way, commenter, who I told you I was gonna bring it to the crew. I haven't done it yet, but we're gonna talk to Ken later. They were getting on to us about that ship watching stuff half asleep and not paying attention. They're like, how a y'all reviewing it if you're not paying attention? Here their very next review.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 1: I was walking around doing stuff.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what the dude said.
Speaker 2: He's like, how do you put a movie on them walking around doing stuff and then review it?
Speaker 3: There are people that do that.
Speaker 1: Can I do it a lot? I didn't think it was going to be import you can ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta payt to this one. Well, we ain't asking you no more, Spike. Okay, what did anybody think it was?
Speaker 4: It seemed very style, like a very stylized moment with her in front of the window, and I felt like, maybe it's watching this whole thing. I felt like, damn, I wish I was there at the time. I wish I had watched this when it came out, because, like certain scenes in the Kira, I feel like that was probably like the stylized thing, like the motorcycle in a Kira that's probably fed into other media.
Speaker 5: Interesting, And this was supposed to be in twenty twenty nine or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a few years away, and it was pretty accurate, right, So.
Speaker 5: It's pretty accurate, yeah with all the yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's one of my favorite things about this movie.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the the puppet Master, they think that he was going to target some political talks between them and another nation, and they think that the pulp Master was going to hacken and then kill people at the at the place. But yeah, I thought that was kind of interesting. But uh, now this one, I hope people have some takes here. What did y'all think of a conversation between Buttgutku and Togusa.
Speaker 3: He's the one that has the revolver.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting how she said that he's more human than she was, right, That's what I took from it, and her saying that she picked him because essentially he is a flawed human and that gave her a certain a certain point of view that other sections or departments didn't necessarily have, right.
Speaker 1: I was confused about the section sits A Section nine department was evil and when was it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: But but the Section nine was supposed to be the powerful one, right, the one that that was for the good, That's the one that was on she was on the Section nine team, right, that.
Speaker 3: Ye, section, I might get him backwards, I might get him there.
Speaker 2: Section one one one section was the one that was responsible for the puppet Master, and then the other one was the one that Okay, section six created the puppet Master.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so yeah, section nine, I think section she was on yep.
Speaker 2: So did y'all take anything from them talking about the revolver versus the automatic weapon?
Speaker 3: What was that first to worry about getting stuck? Right? And she was? She was.
Speaker 2: She was saying how he's more comfortable using a revolver instead of using an automatic weapon. And I always took that as a representation of themselves, like he's more human, so he gravitates more towards a revolver. She's more a computer, so she gravitates towards something that's automatic. And she also talks about how she she he hears something in her spirit, not her spirits are her coat ghosts. So this is already her trying to figure out, like what am I? Is there a separation between me and the ghost? So I think they're trying to instill this idea she's struggling with whether or not or what she actually is.
Speaker 6: This reminded me of the first season well, all the West world, this is kind of what.
Speaker 3: It reminded me of. Don't be like that.
Speaker 5: So the ghost supposed to be synonymous with like spirits, like a soul.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we meet two garbage men who are unwittingly doing the bidding of the puppet Master, which leads them to encountering a bad guy in a coat with a cloaking device and after some serious firefight action, but Toku was able to subdue them.
Speaker 3: So what did y'all think of this fight scene?
Speaker 1: Fight? One way, he chased them down on the beach and said that.
Speaker 7: You don't have a family, you don't remember all anything, and all that shit was made up.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all this shit was dope.
Speaker 7: The action sequence here them chasing him throughout him, uh you know, of course firing back, and then motherfuckers just.
Speaker 1: Disappeared and not seen it.
Speaker 7: I liked all of this, and then just even the idea of questioning him and just making him confront the reality of what may or may not be be real.
Speaker 1: You know. So I thought that was dope.
Speaker 3: This was the part like that.
Speaker 5: So the garbage man's stuff was kind of confusing, because are they are one of them or whatever, like kind of partly cyborg or something like that.
Speaker 2: So no, So these things I get, I think in this society and they never really explained it, but I've always took it as almost everybody has some part.
Speaker 3: And I didn't realize that first because they were able to hack into your brain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because it would be some parts when the when the miles weren't moving, I'm like, okay, what is happening right now?
Speaker 4: It's like they were able to communicate Yeah, through the why I assumed it was like through the wires almost like through the network without without having to actually used moved the mouths.
Speaker 3: So that was a little confusing, that points.
Speaker 5: But nah, for the the action scene and all that, man like on the beach man, the animation on that was was crazy. Him flipping like without a oh man, it was just so good and her kind of appearing here and there because maybe like the splash might hit her a certain way, like they did this so well, Like, man, this is very top notch animation right here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I was definitely feeling this part anybody else.
Speaker 5: Oh, you can see a stepping in the water when you don't see her like oh man, Yeah, yeah, the animation they killed it, right, he whooped his ass?
Speaker 3: She did?
Speaker 1: She did?
Speaker 3: What though? Did you say, dad?
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 1: Oh? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Going all right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, So I think I found all this stuff to be really interesting, the way that they were hacking into the brain of the garbage men and hacking into the brain of this criminal. But yeah, were you interested in how they tried to explain to the garbage man how his memories were hacked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought this the idea of that was interesting, and me just for thinking about what could potentially.
Speaker 7: Happen, Like if that really happened. You know, you have the Star Trek, you have the Borg of the Sideline, and and Pluribis or whatever. You have a very similar concept, you.
Speaker 3: Know, spoiling ship.
Speaker 2: Damn you just a spoiler, just a spoiling spoiler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but uh but nevertheless, uh yeah, and then so I'm thinking about like the possibilities of looking ahead, Like there's always this inspiration taking place about what was the baseball player that wanted to be preserved because he wanted to come back?
Speaker 3: Not not no no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I think it's ted.
Speaker 7: But but yeah, yeah, like injecting these thoughts and ideas into his head and basically programming you think about like what they do with media just in general, how they inject ideas and thoughts in your heads that you may or may not think are real.
Speaker 2: So but your own thoughts go away. Though, that's the part that I that I thought was interesting. He won't get his memories back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so they're just yeah, they're just completely gone.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so they get he'll get part of it back for somebody that it won't be fully Oh did they?
Speaker 3: I thought so? I thought Ted Williams heard him.
Speaker 4: This is the part where I was getting frustrated because the action sequence was really good, but I just really at this point, I was like, I wish I was following this easier. I wish it was a little easier to follow because I don't want to just look at the animation. I don't want to just wait for the next action sequence. Like I feel like I felt like they were saying something important. I just couldn't follow it.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy about this? Sometimes it was a whole move. Yeah, it was like over.
Speaker 5: Just like over explaining sometimes from me because talking talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like the over explaining kind of lost me.
Speaker 5: I could see that sometime I need something just to be simplified, like just just make it plain and simple for me. I don't need all the over talking like so, yeah, that that was the issue for me. I feel like the over talking kind of got me lost. Like you know, I can see that.
Speaker 2: I think with a movie like this, they kind of just drop you into a world with no real explanation, and that does kind of I think.
Speaker 3: So there's like three or four of these movies. What you mean, like this is just part one?
Speaker 5: I started inno sense it's really when they So how how far apart did they release that?
Speaker 3: I don't I couldn't they all in the nineties or something in the two thousands and something.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was a whole TV show, so that that's real because I went and looked up.
Speaker 3: So I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that this was I thought it was just like because a cure, it's only it's only a cure, it's it's nothing else. Yeah, So I thought it was like that there's there's there's either three or four movies interesting and an anime TV show. Wow, And I feel like you need to watch all of it's probably meant to So yeah, that's probably like that. Oh really, they didn't originally play I don't think that they planned for there to be a big you know, a whole bunch of sequels.
Speaker 3: They just made this movie, but they just drop you in the world without really explaining.
Speaker 5: So it's from the manga, like like the whole universe is like there, I don't know what the like, what does that entail?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: I'm curious?
Speaker 4: So I got the impression and it was like the manga was probably like this whole big story and they just took a piece of that and made this movie. So that was starting to create other spin offs based on the source material.
Speaker 5: In the manga, So that would make sense to me, Like you know what I'm saying, I may not get the full scope in this first one, and then you gotta watch the second one and that kind of slowly start bringing things together because a lot of stuff is like that now right with the series we watch like, yeah, some stuff don't make it. It's like a Game of Thrones almost, Yeah, Star Wars they all do that.
Speaker 4: That made it figure it out. Knowing that made this movie a little bit better for me. It made me feel like, Okay, this is just a piece of the puzzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, yeah, whatever it is.
Speaker 7: Because I don't read the manga following this ship, but those that read the manga angles in the show said they like the telling of this better because it cuts out a lot of the unnecessary stuff that was in the manga.
Speaker 5: Oh damn, yeah, interesting, that is interesting.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So what did y'all think of the scene with Matoku and Buttou on the boat. We kind of mentioned it a little bit earlier.
Speaker 3: We're seeing how much she.
Speaker 2: Loves to swim, even though it's quite dangerous due to her body being cybernetic.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, what did she say? She said? She said something about it like.
Speaker 2: It's like comes out of the water. It's almost like she feel like she's a different person.
Speaker 5: Baptism, something about like the risks, like she's willing, she's willing to take the risks as well. She quote can't remember what she what she said though, because it was a hard bar.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what she said though. I don't remember either, but.
Speaker 4: I remember the inference. But this is when I realized, oh, she's struggling with her idea of existence and the idea of death. Doesn't necessarily scare her because it almost solidifies what she actually is. So yeah, this is when I started to understand that she was like, she's struggling with the spiritual aspect of what she is yep, yep, which is why, Yes, I saw the I got the birth stuff from the opening scene, but this one really was more spiritual heavy, and it felt more like baptism than like kind of like coming up and becoming a new creature kind of situation. Is what the feeling I got from this water scene and.
Speaker 5: What the Puppa Master was doing is what sparked this whole thing with her because that even her partner was saying, like, every since the Pufpa masses showed up, you've been bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's to which will also get to but due to the fact that they started realizing that the ghost is not always human mm hmm, that that can be created. So she's just struggling with what am I Jesus? Am I just a cyborg? Am I human?
Speaker 3: As well? But yeah, I thought this part on the boat was actually interesting.
Speaker 2: Spike wake up of the voice that happens on the boat, What did you take from that? I don't remember what he said.
Speaker 1: It was just because they both were like, what, No.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was the puppet mastership.
Speaker 4: Did y'all read the.
Speaker 3: Caption that said thinking I didn't see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when that, when that voice is happening, it puts thinking in front of and so I'm like, Okay, is that actually her?
Speaker 3: Because they both heard it out loud, it seemed like so I've never really gotten a full answer on that. I do think it was her.
Speaker 1: I thought he was able to hear her thoughts.
Speaker 3: No, because members shots. She got surprised by what.
Speaker 4: He was like.
Speaker 2: I think this is supposed to kind of symbolize that she does kind of think that she's two separate people, But I.
Speaker 3: Don't have a solification for that.
Speaker 4: I was a bit confused because to Roderick's point, like, there's a lot of scenes where they're talking without their lips moving, So I didn't Initially when the voice happened, it didn't spark me as anything different because I felt like I'd already seen that happen. But when they both their comment like well who was that, I'm like, well, what's the difference between what's going on on the boat and what's been going on and continues to go on when they speak without any any words. So is there some sort of like connection of all the side that allows them to be able to That's why I said it felt like I felt like it's like they're on the same network and there's certain things and thoughts that they're able to connect to. But she's on a different.
Speaker 2: Plane and it almost sounded like it didn't really sound like her voice it right, So that was also why they were both like, who the fuck was that?
Speaker 3: And why are we both hearing it out loud?
Speaker 1: So, actually, maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: You ever said a public master, Maybe it's a public master hacking in That's what I thought, Yeah, you're probably right. Actually interesting, this next part is one of my favorite parts of the whole film.
Speaker 3: So they're riding around in a boat.
Speaker 2: Well she's riding around in a boat, yes, and she's looking around at some of the things that are happening.
Speaker 3: I'll save my thoughts for after y'all.
Speaker 2: But what did y'all take from the scene where she's looking around from the boat?
Speaker 5: I don't know what what if I actually took anything from that part.
Speaker 3: This is the part where it was like no dialogue and yes, yeah, it was so good.
Speaker 5: I guess just showing the influence of like the AI and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I guess that's going on in the world. And but again, like I.
Speaker 5: Was just mess maros by the scene and the music, so I didn't really try to pull like I definitely would have needed to watch this one more time to get the full scope and whatnot. So, you know, my opinions on it this kind of surface level right now. But yeah, anybody.
Speaker 4: Else, No, I'm kind of with Rod, Like I think I was more kind of caught up in what I was looking at versus what I was looking at, if that makes sense. But I did feel like it was to me, it just seemed like an extension of the struggle that she was having on the boat, because she saw herself in some people. So it's like understanding how much of us are all connected and how much of me is me?
Speaker 7: This was when like you were seeing the billboard signs and parts of the city and stuff like that and all that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So I really didn't think much of it to you, ask I was, you know, I thought she was just but but but uh, but no, I think there's a there's sort of a connectivity that they all have, and she's like looking at that and how she is directly anddirectly connected to the world like as a machine and and human whatether this entity is and the puppet master is is in there and able to reach out and connect and control a lot of a lot of other aspects of it. So, you know, going back to this sort of identity crisis she has, it's like, you know what am I really? Am I also all of these other things that I'm looking at? And you know, am I part of that billboard and all the part of these other people?
Speaker 1: You know? So what really is the world? That's essential? Crisis?
Speaker 2: Existential is absolutely what I took from it too.
Speaker 4: No, because it's like to his point, like how much the connectivity of it all? Like how much am I related to these people? How much am I related to these electronics and the and the more the less human aspect, like just in general, like how connected are we actually are you present? How connected are you with the people that you're in the room with versus outside of yourself?
Speaker 5: That's why I see a lot like I did here and be said it too that a lot of ideas came from like got the matrix.
Speaker 3: Like got a lot of ideas from this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a very blade runner too, especially Dollar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had that thought as well, Like I went enough to watch this ship, I should have smoked.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 3: It was a lot.
Speaker 2: So the reasons I love this scene so much is because this is her once again thinking about who and what she is.
Speaker 3: So the first thing she looks at is.
Speaker 2: Another model, another cyborg that's the same model as herself, so she goes from that. Then she looks over and she sees the under construction buildings. Then she looks down and she sees the trash the I think it's like a tricycle and there's other machine like things in the water that's just discarded with. So I think this is all her thinking about what she is. You know, what does it mean to have value? Am I gonna at some point be trash like this? Which we'll get to later. Also, it then shows this scene of these mannequins in a window and these people are walking by the mannequins and there's a reflection. So then you get this idea of people create mannequins to look like them, but to do their bidding. Just like Matoku is, she was created to resemble humans, but she's not really her own human, Like she's not really her own beating her whatever. Somebody is controlling her, someone is making her do certain things. So I think this is her thinking like, am I gonna just be tossed out like trash when I'm no longer of use?
Speaker 3: You know? What? Does what does this mean about me? So she didn't have freewheel. She just sort of yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So that takes me back to the window scene and when she wakes up, like what struck me? She woke up, She just got dressed and walked out exactly routine. There's so like, let me get myself together. It's just she popped up yep, and then got dressed.
Speaker 3: That was the dope as scene.
Speaker 5: So with the light with the window and then she opened the door, see the crack in his shadow and all that, I was like man killing She didn't.
Speaker 2: She didn't even think like they're like most humans would wake up, turn a light on, get dressed. No, she just wakes up, opens the window just so she can see what's going on outside, and then she just gets dressed in the dark and leaves. So there's definitely like a lack of human routine exactly.
Speaker 4: She has she doesn't really have free wheel, like she's created to do the work, and so there is no portion of her day where she's taking time for herself. She's just getting up and doing the work.
Speaker 5: But she seemed like she started to get free Wiel wants the Puffer Master show.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: And then once the swimming, So the swim that's her routine. It's like her struggling with her existence and with her understanding creates allows her to have a lane where she can create something for herself.
Speaker 3: And feels saying, once you have really settle on into it, it's like.
Speaker 5: It's heady, but it's head but it's like once you realize that, yeah, it's like, oh yeah, this is this is good.
Speaker 3: So they find as.
Speaker 2: Like, so they find a cyborg that's been hit by a truck and they're told the cyborg is completely synthetic, but it has a ghost.
Speaker 3: And the whole.
Speaker 2: Confusing part is they were under the impression that a ghost is human and can't be manufactured synthetically.
Speaker 3: Spike was as interesting at all of you.
Speaker 6: It's when they tried to plug into it, right, Yeah, yeah, I mean it was interesting for what it was. But I mean I was following the story okay at this point and seeing what they were trying to do as far as plugging into it to save it.
Speaker 3: So yet that's anybody else?
Speaker 4: Why she kill herself? Why did the puppet master happen? Like if it was a fully autonomous cyborg, right, why would it kill itself?
Speaker 2: Maybe because remember how when they were talking on the boat, when Matoku and Batau were talking on the boat, and they were talking about death and how death kind of makes you feel human, right, Maybe that's why.
Speaker 3: Maybe, and this is a guess.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was trying to test this whole thing of what does death feel like? And that's again that's just a guess because nothing, nothing validates what I'm saying. But that's always been the way I because at first I thought, well, maybe they just did that because he wanted to find a way into that that facility. But I don't think that's what it was. I think that this is him trying to figure out what human means, what life means. And that's when we get the next scene too, when they're having that discussion.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's what I always thought.
Speaker 4: And that that makes sense because now that he knows what's on the other side of death, that's why he can go and like he can fully do what it is that he wants to do because now I understand what this whole situation is for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean I think that that you know, we don't do this top recording. Mm hmm, okay.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of those things where it's like, you know, we don't really value life until we understand what death is. When you're a kid, it's just like, oh, life is fun. I'm gonna go ride skateboards, I'm gonna go play with toys. But then when you get older and you're like, shit, this could be over tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I need to go. Huh.
Speaker 2: Dom's already really yeah damn well, he's too smart for his own goods. But yeah, that's when you start to really realize what life is because it could be over.
Speaker 3: So that's what I took from this.
Speaker 5: We haven't had some conversations. Oh god, it's crazy. At least y'all are doing it.
Speaker 3: My mom sent me to the pastor to do it, and that just got me in more trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean, even in our listens, I think there is a point in time where you become obsessed with the idea of death and what that means and what that means to me and everyone else that I'm I'm I love and I'm in community with. So I do think that that's like unnatural element of your your of your human existence.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So, if they're cyborgs, they've or if these a's machine is robots whatever, this artificial intelligence, they've now gotten to the point in their development where they're questioning what this existence means to me. And the puppet master has now now understands fully what it means to die and what that means for me as a as a robot, and now I'm gonna do what I need to do.
Speaker 5: So just so I can understand which part did he are you someone? When he got hit in the street?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they brought it back to life, and it was.
Speaker 4: Just at this point, I'm like, this is on, this is this is soft porn.
Speaker 3: She's basically orgasm. That's what it looked like. That's what it looked like.
Speaker 2: But this leads to a very interesting next scene. This is a conversation between Chief Nakamura, Chief Oramaki, and the cyborg, which is the public master that has reactivated itself. So and if for a little bit of context and to refreshed memories, the puppet Master is arguing that thoughts created from information is no different than thoughts created from chemicals. So our brains create thoughts from chemicals in our brain. And they're arguing that how is that any different than a thought that's created from a bunch of ones and zeros. So and then they start to discuss what life is. So what did y'all What did y'all take from this this scene?
Speaker 1: Some? Was it what they we're talking about?
Speaker 7: The human body is a very complex machine.
Speaker 3: Can be the same thing like some sort of coding. And then he said DNA could be manipulated. It's all just information.
Speaker 1: Yeah I thought, yeah, I actually thought all that was really dope.
Speaker 7: And you know, the puppet Master having this sort of insight of you know, into the different aspects of it. And you know, it's that question that you know, everyone asked, like what it's like? What is death? We always want to know? And you know it's almost basically where he's chaining. It comes down to perception. You know, death can be anything like it could be zeros and ones, which could be AI, and AI could within itself attempt to try to develop a conscience and a soul. And you know, it's just like when that guy was talking about digital slavery and stuff that AI will become self where to realize that it's just here to serve the bidding, which goes back to uh whatever a girl named Michael Mootutoku motoku you know, and where you know, and what she's like trying to interpret and figure out. So and that's why, you know, it's like that's this quest to find this investor.
Speaker 1: And figure out what his true intent is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he was saying that he's not AI, right, like he as like an insult on my.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like some other shit, what are you? Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: The hardest bar that he said was when they asked him the proof of his existence. He said, I can't prove my existence because y'all came and explain what life even is. Yeah, that was I was like Jesus Christ, man, this is this is crazy. From nineteen ninety so, I know, I was arguing with somebody recently about Japanese folks and I was like, man, when it comes to art and I'm talking about art like visual art, music for whatever. In Japanese folks just be thinking on a completely different plane. And they tried to tell me I was being.
Speaker 5: Racist, and I was like, that's all I be head on technology too. I think they just think different. They think differently. And then and then I said ninety five, but I think the what is it CALLEDO it was eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I'm telling you, I don't know what is in the schools over there, but the way that their brains like process this kind of shit, it's so fucking fascinating. But yeah, to think of a movie like this, or even a story like this nineteen eighty nine is fucking mind blowing.
Speaker 4: It makes me really understand why it was so much outrage over the live action.
Speaker 3: What the live action? Yeah, I still never saw it. I never saw it.
Speaker 4: That's part of the reason why I've never watched it, because I was like, oh, you saw that movie. No, But I guess I never had all of the issues watching it. I was like, well, that seems disrespectful, so I'll stay away.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: I was just like, why would you do this when there are plenty of Asian actors and if they're not a Japanese actor. At least get an Asian actor. You get the most white woman you can fucking find, Scarlett Johansson. And nothing against her, but you know she shouldn't have took the fucking role, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So some camouflage soldiers break in and take the puppet Master's body out of there. They discover that the soldiers are using the same camouflage that Motoku uses, which leads them to investigate the person who Knockmoor was with. So what did y'all think about what Ishikawa figured out?
Speaker 3: Any Again?
Speaker 4: That's the humany one, right?
Speaker 3: The humanity?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the the the police officer that was.
Speaker 2: More human Isiawa is the guy that they called and said investigate and research and figure out who that other person is. Who the other person, by the way, was voiced by Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: Well I thought that's what that was.
Speaker 2: Sound Yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, DoD y'all take anything about what he figured out As far as this, This is where it always got confusing. When I watched it as a kid. It was like, this is a big information dump.
Speaker 3: But I was like, all right, I don't know what is going on.
Speaker 7: This is one they uh he figured out that it was creative for political shiit.
Speaker 3: Sort of.
Speaker 2: So this is where so uh Knackamoor came into the facility and he was with another guy that apparently they didn't know. They figured that person's name is doctor Will's that's the person that's voiced by Brian Cranston, and he's a researcher special specializing in AI and he works with Mizuho. I don't know how to pronounce his last name, the guy that remember at the very beginning of the.
Speaker 3: Movie, the guy that they're trying to get out huh section.
Speaker 1: Is the American rights American right.
Speaker 2: Yes, but Mizuho is Japanese. But he is a scientist that they were trying to defect out of Japan. So I know, this really gets a little bit.
Speaker 4: This was the party that I never really fully understood it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because this is also the part where he was trying to figure out was it a third person coming in the door?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, because the door took too long to close, second, and it.
Speaker 4: Was too much it was the car is way too much coming.
Speaker 3: Into right, start trying to figure all that out.
Speaker 2: So that's when they realized that there were people in camouflage that were in. But this is also when they figured out that the group, like section nine whatever. They were always told that that group was created to stop the puppet Master, but it actually turns out that that group was created before puppet Master even existed, right, so they actually may have created puppet Master. I remember the project that the puppet Master said that he was was Project twenty So I keep saying that in my head, like you saying that twenty five oh one, And that is the same name of the project that they found. The file that they found was labeled Project twenty five oh one. So in reality, what we're figuring out is this group created the puppet Master. They didn't create themselves to fight the puppet.
Speaker 4: Master, and the puppet Master just became two powerful.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: It was like, yes, and I'm gonna do what I do. That's right, exactly, shut it all down tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're almost done by this was that was a lot though, Yeah, it was. It was a big information. I remember even rewatching it. I had to wander back a few times because this park always confuses me because it's so much.
Speaker 1: It was elevator.
Speaker 7: I was like, wait a minute, it was like one Mississippi. Yeah, and I was like, wait, going through that, I wound about three or four times.
Speaker 3: This one of the movies.
Speaker 4: You gotta like just use context clues as you go along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, for sure, for sure I thought I was dumb.
Speaker 1: And the people that was in.
Speaker 3: There, did they know they're the people that came in there?
Speaker 1: And no, it was the two persons walked in and then he.
Speaker 4: Said we're in the car that he show the revolver. Okay, okay, we didn't see them till like after they they left the car whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, right.
Speaker 5: There was some another point I was with the main Yeah, because what's the main girl name or major major?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because she was just like, isn't it something similar about the two of us?
Speaker 3: Did shed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do we look alike?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: So that that lends to the point that they might have created them because they created her, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think I might have actually skipped over that part.
Speaker 4: No, you haven't gotten there yet because they they're just about to snatch up puppet Master when they come in.
Speaker 3: I thought I'd put that on my notes, but I don't see.
Speaker 2: It because there was the part where when she was asking those questions and she was like, am I am I actually human? Maybe I'm not human, maybe I died a long time ago. And then but Betoad says, well, you're treated like a human, so therefore you're a human. And that goes to that whole like, I am, what is it I think therefore I am?
Speaker 3: I can't remember. Is that in the Bible or something? I can't remember who said that ship? Paul or Jonas one of the.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers, Noah, one of the dude said that ship anyway, Uh okay. So Motoku catches up to where the puppet Master's shell has been taken and it's in a rundown old building and the puppet Masters being protected by a huge robotic tank.
Speaker 3: What'd y'all think about this battle? This was this was dope.
Speaker 4: The action, all of the action, and this is actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: This is when she was trying to lift off the ruet that but yeah, this is the same when she was naked and she was trying Yeah, yeah, it's that.
Speaker 3: It's that scene.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the whole battle up until that point when she was, you know, dodging the bullets. He was shooting down the columns and all that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting. Up the family tree or whatever situation.
Speaker 2: I always thought that was so cool in it and the bullets always stopped before it hits the very top of the tree life, So yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was good action, all right.
Speaker 2: The only thing I've never been able to figure out is why when they shoot the ceiling out, why that makes the tanks camouflage go away?
Speaker 5: I guess because it's breaking the it's breaking the the mold a little bit. That makes sense, like like because the same thing happened to her in the water. Like certain it's like a circuit because's at the end of the day, I'm sure it's like a circuit breaker. That's that's making it the always thermal too, it's thermal, so maybe all of that has something to do with it. Yeah, you know, you just like I said, you just breaking the.
Speaker 3: Cloak, Okay, you know, yeah, that part's always going to.
Speaker 4: The glass essentially breaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like a reflection. There's a reflection of the outer world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's normally what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so if you interfere with that, then it's gonna itself. Yeah. Visible.
Speaker 2: Well, now we're to the next part. Ken's favorite part is when she tries to open the lid. She gets butt ass naked for no apparent reason, so you still think it's for no reason. I still think it's because she did she did cloak, so I'm assuming it's tied to that in some way.
Speaker 3: But even when the cloak is off, she's still just butt assed neck and it's not a big deal. But and she stays butt.
Speaker 2: Assnked while she's trying to pull the lid off, but she strains too hard and her body breaks apart and then she falls into the water.
Speaker 3: So what did this remind y'all of? When she fell into the water.
Speaker 1: I was trying to figure out what the hell she didn't stop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, because the most important part for her is her brain.
Speaker 3: She can get a new body, the bodies.
Speaker 2: She's realizing the body is not necessarily important because it's just a shell. So I think that's why she couldn't stop herself. She was she was trying to just get into this lid. I wish they would have found a different reason for this to happen, because just opening the lid, it's just like, okay, you open it.
Speaker 3: And then what old boy showed up and was like, yeah, that was really stupid.
Speaker 7: What are you doing but it was dope, seeing like her whole body just rip apart and she's just laying on the ground, just looking up and sitting.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why did I do that?
Speaker 3: That was dumb as hell? Like motions.
Speaker 1: Did this?
Speaker 2: That part where she falls in the water that remind you all of anything was supposed to remind us.
Speaker 3: I'll give y'all a hint.
Speaker 2: The part that I said was my favorite part of the movie, Oh the trash. When she falls in she's like laying in the water the same way the trash was.
Speaker 3: So now it's once again pushing the idea.
Speaker 2: Of I have exhausted my usability and now I basically am trash.
Speaker 3: I'm a piece of trash laying in the water. So yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so I sectioned as sex just sits closing in on him. But Toku hacks into the puppet Master had a thought, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I don't want to all right, what did y'all think about what she learns when she hacks into the puppet Master. This is when the puppet Master basically revealed.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah that ship. Because I thought it was dope.
Speaker 3: He basically he said he didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Uh, he wasn't.
Speaker 7: It was basically the opposite of what they were thinking he was going to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and what you mean, I can't remember, damn.
Speaker 3: What were they gonna do?
Speaker 2: They thought he was out to like take over over, Yeah, but he's not.
Speaker 7: He's like give life or become become synthient, or he wanted to give birth or something like that.
Speaker 4: That was it, Yeah, trying to populate her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He wants to understand what it is to be a living being, and he's realizing that the difference between him and humans is he can't reproduce.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you.
Speaker 2: Remember, Mitoku says, well, what about just making a copy? And he's like that's not the same, it's not the same thing. He's like, humans reproduce, but it's a it's a perfect marriage of the two people.
Speaker 3: It's not just a copy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because we are they talking about like sales and DNA and all this.
Speaker 3: It's all manipulable information.
Speaker 1: It was like everything kind of regenerates.
Speaker 7: Every single thing you know is able to kind of reproduce to become another part. And that's what life essentially is. It's just basically reproduction over and over again.
Speaker 8: That was the most interesting part of the movie to me, this conversation that they had. I thought it was dope to based off what you were saying about the reproduction and how life goes in the circle of life and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Was really good.
Speaker 1: And you think about like the things that humans ultimately end up creating.
Speaker 7: They mass produce a lot of things. They replicate a lot of things, you know, including themselves. Yeah yeah, yeah, even you know, stuff that they sell. And you know, you look at the these robots and stuff that they're creating, they're mass producing those to sell them. You look at you know, devices and shit that we have. It's all a form of mass reproduction. Every single thing is able to produce. And you know, the entity wanted to basically do that within itself, which is.
Speaker 1: A really dope idea.
Speaker 7: And again you come back to the idea of what is life, the question that everybody's been trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you're technically reproducing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think to them, tech reproducing is just making a copy because there's no individuality. Like there's if if I have an iPhone and Kenna's iPhone, it's the same phone until I mess with it I phone. But different AI could operate differently. There could be different code.
Speaker 3: But only if people manipulate it to be different.
Speaker 2: So if you create AI that's based on this chunk of information, right, the AI only knows what you fed it.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So until you introduce other information, this AI is the same as this AI if it's always based on this particular chunk of information.
Speaker 5: But are they saying like AI is starting to be able to like are they saying that Hi, but you still somebody it feeds something it's feeding off of some.
Speaker 1: They're trying to create that version of AI.
Speaker 7: But the one we have now, the l elms are basically just data dumps.
Speaker 2: If you remove the access to information that we give it, AI is nothing, right, But.
Speaker 5: Are they trying to create it where it can just kind of Yes, idiots are.
Speaker 2: Trying to create it to where it doesn't need that. But in nineteen eighty nine, then the way they were thinking, you know, if you remove the information that it has access to, AI is nothing, and if you only restrict it to a certain chunk of information, any AI that you create is going to be a copy. It's not going to be there's no individual, there's no variety as opposed to kids. You have two kids, and I bet they're very different, you know, y'all have three and now they're all different. That's the way humans are. But AI and tech isn't necessarily like that.
Speaker 7: And the mergent and the way these individuals are in this show, Major and her partner, you know, they're they're basically cyborgs. They're both they're humans and roboty and.
Speaker 3: Even they are, at least they think they are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because Major don't even know. She was like, am I you know what?
Speaker 1: Was a kid? Right? So, and that's why she's questioned what she is.
Speaker 7: But the puppet Master is basically trying to become a robotic version of that, you know, and basically just reproduce. And everybody has their own synthient thoughts, their own individuality, right.
Speaker 2: He proposes merging with Matoku because it will almost be like having a child because it will be a combination of the two of them, and then they can spread their offspring throughout the internet, which is crazy. But right as they merge, Section six shows up and kills them both. But what did y'all think about the final scene where Botoau has put Matoku's conscience into another body.
Speaker 3: And it was that child, right, Yes, it was a child.
Speaker 4: Accomplished basically, And that's what it felt like. It felt like this was now the offspring of the merged beings. And the fact that he put her, the merged thought, the merged entity into a child's body kind of symbolized because the voice changed went from a baby's a childlike voice back to Major's voice. So, and I think whatever the guy's name is even kind of sense it. So he's like, so, y'all.
Speaker 3: Wan now, like you ain't going back.
Speaker 4: So I think ultimately it was them having merged. And that's why I said once I realized this was like a universe, because that's what it felt like. It felt like this was now the start of what puppet Master was trying to initially do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and does so and does that process start over? Because if she was a child, now she's back to being a child again, you know.
Speaker 2: And do they grow? I mean what does grow mean? It just means learning new information?
Speaker 1: Right, well, the physical body does the physical body or she just stuck?
Speaker 4: So I got the impression that she was just stuck.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah, I don't think they grow.
Speaker 2: They probably just get moved into a bigger body at some point, maybe.
Speaker 1: Kind of like Megan, yes, Rade, So how the hell are they gonna end up doing reproducing that?
Speaker 4: I mean they reproducing them in the net, right, So the idea is that you have all of these connected entities in different bodies.
Speaker 7: Cybercomputer, yeah, the Internet, because that was a dope ass shot where they kind of show the cities almost like a circuit board when you look at it from the top, and everything's kind of connected as well, but it's very cerebral.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna throw one more last part at you before we end this because I still don't have the answer for this.
Speaker 3: But did y'all notice when.
Speaker 2: When Matoku is put into the child's body and the video starts, it's like a grainy, choppy footage, right, and it's looking at the child's body, and then it clears up after that and it's like the regular clear footage.
Speaker 3: If you watch that scene when it.
Speaker 2: First starts, there's like these like a whole bunch of things connected to the child's body. The picture is flipped horizontally when it clears up, so it almost seems like there's two people that are looking at the child's body.
Speaker 3: Am I making sense?
Speaker 2: Like if you if you get bored, just go back and watch the last minute and a half of the movie. Two minutes of the movie when she first wakes up, or what we think is her waking up, The footage is kind of choppy, kind of like it was earlier when when the other one got ran over. The footage is choppy, but then when it clears up, it's like the image that she was looking at is reversed.
Speaker 3: So it's almost like we're.
Speaker 2: Waking up and seeing one version of her and then the version changes, or it means that they put Matoku's conscience into two different bodies. I don't know what to take from the scene.
Speaker 4: I don't recall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds familiar. I do remember seeing something weird about that. Yeah, the way she woke up, that would be interesting because.
Speaker 7: Then that means that that couldn't imply that she's been replicated m hm, you know.
Speaker 3: Elsewhere and doesn't even know it yet.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if that's what they're saying, or if they're trying to push the idea that again, they're multiple consciences here. And I also ask y'all what it meant when she sees the angel.
Speaker 3: Before she gets killed.
Speaker 4: She saw an angel, but I thought that was supposed to be like the plane, So the helicopters in the sky that came down to kill them, So that's what That's what I thought. But considering the fact that they were created by people, right, there's a lot of weird spiritual context. Yeah, so it's almost like your creator sending people down to to come kill you.
Speaker 3: That's sense. Yeah, and the planes do look like birds.
Speaker 2: I never thought about the angel actually being a plane, but that does make sense when you're discussing the whole idea of death and how death makes them feel human because Papa Mastercoty wanted the angel came down, he died, and in that moment moment, he knew what it meant to be human. I never thought about that, but that does make sense.
Speaker 4: Knew what it meant to be human and also is now resurrected as this multiplied entity.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's a lot of spiritual references through this. Too interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad most of us enjoyed this.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if y'all get bored, y'all should go watch some of the other ones, they're just as weird and they definitely explore the world even more.
Speaker 3: But I was happy to talk about this with y'all.
Speaker 2: Nay, thanks for coming through and talking some nerdy anime stuff with us.
Speaker 7: And yeah, you know, I definitely want to do a rewatch, and I think I want to go through the whole world. I think the idea of the puppet Master controlling different sort of things can be applied in a lot of different places, you know, all the metaphors and stuff that doesn't hear, the idea of the ghost in the ship. Oh, it can be applied in a multitude of different ways with humans and the internet and AI and.
Speaker 1: Just just all over the place.
Speaker 7: It can get like really really really really cerebral and take you down, like you know, a rabbit hole of.
Speaker 1: The different meanings of everything. So yeah, yeah, it's it's I hate, I hate. It's been thirty years, thirty years.
Speaker 3: To watch this. Yeah, this is one of the This is one of the better ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I would have loved to have a lot of time to spend with it, to really think about it.
Speaker 1: I'm more in depth.
Speaker 3: Y'all surprised that you hadn't seen it.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, I haven't really done like a lot of older anime. I will say that this animation style, like like perfect Blue Room. I like it because it reminds me of Gym in the Holograms, Like it's the same kind of like animation style that I remember watching as a kid in that. So yeah, no, I'm not. I haven't gone back and watched a lot of older anime. But this was This was good. This was what I wanted more like what I wanted to hear it to be.
Speaker 3: I get that, I get that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to rewatch that one again. Watch this one. I definitely need to go back and rewatched it.
Speaker 3: That ship is a masterpiece, not a story behind a cure.
Speaker 1: Was good.
Speaker 4: It was good, So he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Damn it was good.
Speaker 4: It just it just did a little too much for me.
Speaker 3: At the end, y'all killing me. I was trying to wrap this up. Andy'll go.
Speaker 2: All right, well, once again, thank y'all for listening. Keep these coming, man, like you know, well maybe.
Speaker 3: Said no bro never mind. Yeah, yeah, I don't know if he's seen this one.
Speaker 2: I assume he has. I still want to do perfectly, but we'll hope it wins one day. No, and they keep it never wins, and it's like one of my favorite animes. For this, yeah, they voted for them. Wait no, I'm wrong. This is this is an anniversary, so they do vote for the anniversary. I think I think you put.
Speaker 1: I'm used to watch it off the strength of your recommendation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably because yeah, it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: Hopefully one of these days we'll cover it up here.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Spike wouldn't hate that one because it's basically just like a regular ass movie, but it is.
Speaker 4: It's a lot easier to follow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it has some really interesting ideas. But all right, we talked about Perfect Blue a little bit, so y'all know what to do.
Speaker 3: Try to make us do it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all right, we will see y'all next time. Thank y'all for listening, and thank you once again Nate for coming through. And y'all have a going peace.