Speaker 1: The France Per Second Podcast. Welcome everyone to the France Per Second Podcast. Kennedy Inch here and today we are discussing the fifth installment in the Toy Story franchise, Toy Story five. My name is kenned By Inch and I'm here with Spike, Mike, Rod and Nay whatever. Y'all All right, uh, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 2: Toy Story five made it.
Speaker 1: Premiere sometime back in Los Angeles on June ninth, twenty twenty sixth. You know, pretty much most people that's watching it are very familiar with the franchise, with the series. It is doing well as expected and for the most part, I think very positive reviews and people are liking it. So let's see what you all think about it. Spike thought so on TS five, My least favorite part of this king was being in the theater with kids. That was my least favorite part of it. I regretted it well.
Speaker 3: Actually I was trying to time into where which movie could I go to where it was the least kids in there. They would be making noise, and it just wasn't It just wasn't a thing. So when I went, it was like little kids talking the whole time. Whine and I just couldn't believe. I couldn't believe it. But that means said I enjoyed the movie a toy story. I don't got kids, so I didn't realize that they talked the whole two hours. I didn't realize that part of it. I thought that I thought that at some point they would be quiet. But it was one relentless little child in mind that went the whole from previews to the end, and she was determined to talk the whole way through, which was fascinating to me.
Speaker 4: But I did enjoy it. Like I like the Toy Story series.
Speaker 3: This is probably the last one that I'm gonna go see because it just ain't as interesting to me anymore. But I still enjoyed it, being one of the five that I've seen because I liked the other four.
Speaker 2: But it was cool. Mike, what.
Speaker 4: This was awful.
Speaker 5: It's awful, awful, Oh my god, even for a kid's movie. Because I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be like spiking, like well, I'm mad they were kids.
Speaker 4: It's like going to a hate people here, like shit.
Speaker 6: You expect.
Speaker 2: Never mind.
Speaker 5: But nah, I did not enjoy this even in the realm of my lack of enjoyment for Toy Story movies, this was easily the worst they focused on. I mean, first of all, the only good thing is I fucking hate Woody, so I'm glad that Woody, stupid little annoying ass was barely in this.
Speaker 4: I can't stand this little fucker.
Speaker 5: But I was just like, Okay, if there's one person I don't like almost as much as Woody is Jesse. I liked Jesse's story, but her as a person. I'm like, oh, this is what you're going to focus this whole fucking shit on. Is her and the fucking cheap stealer ass horse.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't want to this. So I was annoyed for an hour and a half and the story was just all over the place.
Speaker 5: At least the felt stupid because the other ones I can follow them, this one I was just like, I don't know what the fuck is going on. I don't know why are they doing this? This is stupid. But no, I didn't like this at all. I'm sorry, what about you?
Speaker 6: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: Toy Story is not my favorite of the end made a series right, it's it's it's cool, But no, I liked the whole concept of the tech versus the toys. Things I liked about the kid. I liked the story. I saw it in forty X. I'm really glad that I did that, because I do think I might have been a trifle bit bored if I hadn't.
Speaker 6: But I mean, all in all, it was enjoyable.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I really enjoyed this actually, and I hadn't been. I'm kind of like Nick, I hadn't been following it like that. I fell off. Shit, I want to say it. Two, I don't think I watched three and four. I just kind of seen three and four in passing, like scenes here and there over the years.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I never just sat down and watched three and four.
Speaker 8: So I had to go back and and look at some recaps of three. I went and watched two, and I was like, yeah, I did watch two, but I just don't remember.
Speaker 6: I didn't remember it like that.
Speaker 8: And then I tried to start watching three but didn't wasn't able to get through it, and so I ended up watching a recap four, and then I went ahead and watched the recap before and I'm kind of glad I did because I would have been a little lost in some moments, even though it kind of gave some recaps in the in the in the in the movie itself, but I still would have been a little at a little loss because I didn't even realize Andy wasn't around anymore. I'm like, who the hell is Bonnie? So yeah, I'm glad I did go back and watch and the recaps.
Speaker 6: But no, I really enjoyed this and I and I'll get into it. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the concept behind the story.
Speaker 2: Once it all started to come together.
Speaker 1: I I liked what they were doing with it. I think I was kind of watching and getting through it, but I think it really kind of started to come together towards the end, you know, for me, and when they started to kind of blend everything together. So overall, I thought it was fine. I I expect the kids to be their spike. What I did not expect was to be sitting next to five days with only one roll empty between me and the rest of them. They were all right, but then one decided to sit in the seat next to me and then started kicking and consist sill.
Speaker 2: So you know, it is what it.
Speaker 1: Is, but but this is their movie.
Speaker 2: So I'm a guest at this point.
Speaker 3: I think this is the first toy story that I've seen in theater. So that's why it was like off putting to me. I've never watched this in the theater before I got me wondered if I have.
Speaker 4: At eight o'clock on a Saturday night, I was thinking all the kids ought to be sleep by now, you know. I yeah, I've never watch theaters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right. I don't think I've ever seen this in theaters either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think the beginning, you know, they started with you know, this ship that crashed on an island, uh, with a bunch of buzz light years in demo mode, and then they escape to go after Star Command.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So I was really curious to see what they did with that, because that was felt a little abrupt. And then you get the two girls playing with dolls as kids, so you get a little bit of a backstory, and then they pretty much introduced like what this whole theme is going to be about is that you have a body who's playing with toys and she's shy, and the parents and or the toys were encouraging her to go play with the other kids and and you know, the kids didn't want to play with her.
Speaker 2: They kind of laughed at her when she had the toys.
Speaker 1: And then that's when they kind of zoomed out and they kind of, you know, gave us an overview of what the world is like now where the age of toys are over and everybody are playing on their devices and they had buried toys in the yards and all the other stuff, kind of you know, setting up what the movie was about. What did you guys think about this idea as a story. Did you think this was a good angle to kind of open up with and tackle in a toy movie?
Speaker 8: No, absolutely being having having grown up in that age of like iPads and offphones with our kids and kind of you know, trying to figure out what you know, that balance or whatever. Like, I thought this was a really good concept with that. And also just I wanted to say too that I did take Dawn with me, so that that heightened my experience as well. So I had down with me and watching it forty x So yeah, all of that, All of that just kind of heightened.
Speaker 6: My experience with the movie.
Speaker 8: But I think even without them, though, man, I did really I enjoyed the concept. The only thing that that threw me off was the buzz Lightyear thing in the beginning.
Speaker 6: I didn't know what they were doing with that. I'm like, what is happening here?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 8: I was really confused on that part. But yeah, everything else, the set up, everything else I was I was here for.
Speaker 4: How did they get off to honand we're just supposed to.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 4: Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Speaker 3: But I liked the way that they were presenting the story in the sense of tech replacing regular choys, and it made me wonder how kids would achieved this, being that they're so tech driven nowadays. That was the one thing that's the front of my mind when they were doing this, Like I wonder how the eight nine year old or ten year old is watching this, is perceiving this and like digestingness. Would it make them stop playing with tablets or whatever it may be, or whatd it just feel like they don't care? That was the biggest techa play that I had from them. But I think they did it well, yeah.
Speaker 8: Because I think there's something that do with something that like y'all just saw dumb.
Speaker 6: He brought his Legos right here.
Speaker 8: He still plays with toys even though he has devices, and so, yeah, I really like this concept.
Speaker 9: I think it is gonna make kids conscious of whether or not they play. Don't look like that, Mike.
Speaker 7: I think it is gonna make kids conscious of whether or not they're gonna play with they play with toys or play with tech.
Speaker 9: Because I was a commer to a dominating He's like, well, I do both.
Speaker 7: So I do think that it does spark conversation with especially like the eight nineteen year olds that are old enough, and whether or not it's gonna make them play with toys.
Speaker 9: More so, I don't know, but I do I.
Speaker 7: Think it's a conversation piece, or it starts the conversation with the kids.
Speaker 2: Mike. Do you feel like they were.
Speaker 1: Exaggerating the addictiveness of the device because as soon as she got it, she was like gone, and she didn't want to play with the toys and any of this stuff. Do you think that they were kind of maybe exaggerating that a little bit just to kind of move the story, accelerate the storyline, or I mean, I know you don't have kids, but or do you think that kind of felt true to live like do you get these devices and then you just.
Speaker 4: It definitely felt truly like to me.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean I don't have any, thankfully, I have friends who have kids, and I see it firsthand how they are with their devices, Like they're just in their phones the whole time, and you're like, hey, man, what's going on? Like I gotta text you and you're right next to me for you to like repond. So no, I don't think that they were exaggerating that.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 5: I just don't think that I cared that much. I don't think this is made for people that don't have children, you know what I mean, Like, I don't I do get the issue with kids being so into their devices, but at the same time, I can't front if I had a child, like, yeah, go fucking playing your iPad get on my face, like leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was a They bought her this lily path that's called lily I like the idea of the device itself, you know.
Speaker 4: But they're terrible parents. I'm sor I need to cut you off my bath.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're terrible parents?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I think they're terrible parents because this this little this little device and this is what took me out of this movie is like this this device. They're like texting each other on the device, like you want to do a sleepover. But none of the parents confirmed, like hey are we doing this? Like because the kids weren't sending the messages.
Speaker 4: So how she did say let me call and confirm. She did say, let me call them confirmed.
Speaker 5: But then well then she's talking to other bad parents because they didn't confirm with their kids, because the kids would have been like, I didn't send them ship?
Speaker 4: Who body? I did invite her over here? Remember the.
Speaker 3: Talking the first ones they did invite her because they seemed that they were all in the same dance class.
Speaker 5: The device started talking to each other and sending each other messages, and it was supposed to be from the kids, but the kids weren't sending the messages.
Speaker 7: Towards saying with the with the they had the picture of the toys of Jesse and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so after I was just like, this is this is stupid? Like what am I supposed to take from this?
Speaker 4: The original messages were coming from the kids, though you.
Speaker 1: Got that it started with the kids and then it turned into the devices, but it turned into the device between uh, Blade's body and then Lily did some function as well.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I like the bullying aspect.
Speaker 5: I thought that was actually pretty well done because I mean they kind of established from the other movie fo that Bonnie Bonnie's the little girl, right, that Bonnie is weird, you know, she was not like the other kids. She was a little you know, eccentric. So I do think that it was cool that now that Bonnie has gotten a little older, she's still eccentric, she's still different, and of course the other kids are going to pick on her. So I didn't like all of that. I just didn't really care that much about the technology aspect. But I think that they handled the bullying part well because the kids weren't out and out bullies, like, they weren't calling her names, but they were still being mean to her.
Speaker 4: So I liked all that.
Speaker 1: But you didn't like Woody because Woody was out of the movie.
Speaker 4: Sorry, go ahead, name oh.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, with the concept of the text texting a text and where were the messages coming from, I will say that from a parental perspective.
Speaker 9: I did like even though you like the.
Speaker 7: Parents weren't really sure who weren't clear on where the messages were coming from. But that is a danger with some of these things, like your kids are getting messages from you don't know who. So I do think that they did a good job of showing the scary side of tech without making it scary for kids.
Speaker 4: Do you think it should be scary for kids?
Speaker 6: I don't think this is the movie for that, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because even even the the personification of like the tech that they did, it is part of the new world that these kids live in, and you know, we have this sort of it morphed into this this hybrid model towards the end of the end of the show, but in the movie, but in the beginning, you know, the tech was were the bad guys in it, and and it was manifesting itself in the form of Lily, who had this attachment to Bonnie early on. And but you know, Jess was pretty much running the show. I guess buzz like her and one of the proposed you had that whole thing that was going on throughout the movie that.
Speaker 9: Threw me off.
Speaker 6: It was part of the other of the other movies.
Speaker 9: I mean, I didn't care about that.
Speaker 4: I didn't get that from the other movies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when when Jessic came along, he was acting real bashful around her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they never made any kind of inference that they were into each other.
Speaker 4: Like he was in love with her. He never implied that.
Speaker 8: Well, it was real heavy handed. Huh, he was bashful. I think they I think they finally went into that now.
Speaker 1: But if you use this movie to do that story and that they hinted that in the other movies, what if you get real.
Speaker 5: Bored, Rod, go back and watch the third and the fourth one. I didn't pick that up at all. If you get bored, the third one actually weird work with trash. But if you get bored, go back and watch. I don't think that they really gave any kind of like background to and especially from her aspect that she liked him. I can get you, Rod, that he would be bashful and whatever because it's a girl. But I never got that she liked him. If anything, I got that she was in the Woodies corny ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think that I got that she liked him either. That's why it was a shot in this one where she precipitated.
Speaker 7: I don't like it from the aspect of why the girls got to make the tall dolls get married, like it's so cliche. So because we didn't have no marriage when when it was Andy. So now that we got a little Bonnie that the way she plays with her toys is by making these romances.
Speaker 6: I don't know. It just felt very again, you gotta watch the others thought.
Speaker 8: I thought, uh Wood, he was trying to marry Boat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know him and bowl was the thing. But I don't have nothing to do with the kids. That was just the toys. The way Bonnie plays with the kids is by making plays with the toys, is by making them.
Speaker 9: Get me.
Speaker 2: At the end of the movie, Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 9: It started with forking the fork and the knife getting married. So that's the way Bonnie plays. The way little girls play with toys is by making them get married and having these romance.
Speaker 6: And this Bridgerton esque ship. That part I was kind of like I could.
Speaker 3: Do without if you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to ask king, what's that show you watch? It seemed a lot like there Bridgertondgson in.
Speaker 6: Fact, yeah, towards wrestling.
Speaker 9: Sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was like I did actually, yeah, because I had a brother, so we would fight our toys. I would now, I would make them make out when I ain't make them married.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to do all that.
Speaker 8: I think, you know what, I ain't gonna speak on that.
Speaker 4: You better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I think I'm with most of the panel, even if they were hinting at it and teasing in other movies.
Speaker 2: It did feel weird that it was a.
Speaker 1: Part of this movie that was extended from the beginning to the end that that resulted in them being being married. It did you know now the part that Nay's adding on, that's you know, from a perspective that I didn't even think about. Uh but yeah, just from a store purs But I was like, Okay, fine, whatever, y'all just want to do this.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 8: It's no different from every other movie. I said, like, there's always going to be a love story there, and that's all. That's That's the way I took it.
Speaker 9: And I'm cool with the love story, especially with like.
Speaker 7: The way they deal with Woody and Bold, because it wasn't also entrenched in this idea.
Speaker 9: Of that's how the little girls play with toys.
Speaker 8: But she had them doing it wasn't just a marriage though, because she had him like getting like destroyed and killing them and all that.
Speaker 6: It was like a balance. It was like a balance of like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she might have started off as a wedding, but then one of them poisoned the punch and it's dying, and it was just like, I feel like they didn't make it like so girly like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mike, you were adamant that you disliked Woody. Did you like them teasing Woody and his age with the little balls body at that they were doing Begins Love Woody and they were waiting for Woody. They were like, where's Woody? They were like, oh, he's about to show up, and then he popped up. You know again, I hate, I hate.
Speaker 4: They got the most reaction, They got the most reaction out of my theater. Of course it did. He's just so annoying. He's whining and ship. I mean, even though I'm whining right now.
Speaker 5: But he's windy, annoying. I hate his clothes, I hate his voice, I hate his foop.
Speaker 4: Even though got big. You hate Tom Hanks Now.
Speaker 5: Tom Hanks, I like him and Castaway and the one where he had you know, I forget the name of that Philadelphia was in Philadelphia, But no, man, Woody is just annoying, and he didn't really have much to do in this movie, so he didn't.
Speaker 6: They just weird.
Speaker 5: It was like it almost god, I feel I feel like an anti woke kind of Ben Schapiro ass person. But it's almost like they were like, well, there's too much dude shit going on, let's give this movie over to the woman. And normally I would like that if I didn't if I actually like Jesse, but I don't like Jesse either. If they gave this ship to Bo, I fucked with Bo because Bo got attitude.
Speaker 4: I don't like Jesse. So I was like, I don't want to watch a whole movie at Jesse.
Speaker 5: Jesse has attitude, but it's not the right kind of attitude, like Jesse over here slapping people and shit.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I just didn't. I just she was just annoying.
Speaker 5: If you if you rod again, if you get bored her backstory and was it for Spike that they gave Jesse story it's so good. I won't spoil it because this movie kind of fucks it up, but her backstory is so good good, so for them to put her in this film and then just make her act goofy and then kind of fuck up the backstory that we were given for her.
Speaker 2: It was whack.
Speaker 1: And they were playing on her being an old toys as well, you know, calling har Old and you know she was happy towards at this point. Yeah, yeah, trouble adjusting, yeah, to to the world. But I think with Woody, I think he was just there to what Spike was saying the biggest response, and they just needed to bring him in because all the kids for the most part, like Woody and they wanted to and I think they even said it. And later on when Woody and Buzz were fighting and one of the guys were like, oh, just like old time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's that's what it was.
Speaker 2: It was. I don't know if I don't know if Jesse.
Speaker 1: And you guys correct me, is strong enough to replace Woody as as.
Speaker 4: The guy they tried it, She's not.
Speaker 2: She's not.
Speaker 4: She's not strong enough to replace him, which is why you.
Speaker 2: Had to have a.
Speaker 4: Which I don't wish why you had to have a Damn.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say real quick that she's not strong enough to replace him. That's why you had to bring him back, and you had to have a hundred buzz like years because she's not that strong of a character to replace him.
Speaker 6: I agree, unfortunately, I mean I can kind of agree with that. Like it was. It did take a little a little while for.
Speaker 8: Me to to get used to, like, okay, so this is gonna be Jesse heavy the point of Woody.
Speaker 6: I don't think y'all give Hm enough credit.
Speaker 8: I do think he uh, I do think he came on as the veteran, right, the problem solver because he was able to identify Okay, y, you really gotta do is unplugged as longer and go dead, you know what I'm saying, and then we can get get get to the bottom of this. So I think he came with that plan. No one else had that plan. He had that plan. So I think, you know, he's he's playing like the veterment role in this movie and almost like a like a consultant in a way.
Speaker 4: He's still annoying.
Speaker 2: I did like that Rod.
Speaker 1: They used that as a form of torture for the path, like, yeah, if you don't give us answer, we're gonna do it again, right.
Speaker 6: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 8: I was like, well, just unplugged, get a run dead, like just unplugging, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: But it took what did you come into to have that knowledge and to be able to do that?
Speaker 4: I ain't get you.
Speaker 6: It wasn't in.
Speaker 5: It was well, it was where was the dye into the dove?
Speaker 2: I believe that. Okay, but you didn't really see it until that scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but either way, go like to your point, right, Like Jesse reached out to Woodie for advice, and wood he misunderstood because Buzz.
Speaker 2: Came in with his uh uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Buzz came in and uh and screwed everything up because she thought that Woody thought that Jesse was calling for help, and that's when he came in with bo Pete and that other person and everything kind of went sideways.
Speaker 2: When uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Chelsea went over for the sleepover, Buddy and Bullseye hopped in the suitcase. They do this stuff in all the movies. It didn't work out as plan. She brought the toys, got clown for it, and.
Speaker 2: You know, uh, you know, because she was.
Speaker 1: Still playing with toys and she got embarrassed and somehow Jesse and Bullseye ended up in the hans of well not. Somehow they got tossed out and they ended up back at the house that she was at before.
Speaker 2: And then that's when you meet all.
Speaker 1: The other older tech toys that I thought was pretty dope. How they integrated them into it as well. When you have smarty Pants at lists and I can't remember the other one, but they called themselves the double A Team, which I thought that was a cute playoff words.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was come on, y'all, y'all, y'all are being really harder on.
Speaker 4: The children's' Mike. It's just it's just Mike.
Speaker 6: I didn't say a word.
Speaker 4: Y'all got it with this.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I liked it because that he wasn't he was toilet was funny.
Speaker 4: He was funny.
Speaker 2: He definitely was smarty pants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, smarty pants.
Speaker 4: He's like, you want to pray my buttons? Everybody say it's nope.
Speaker 1: And then they cut them off.
Speaker 5: This part could have been cool, because I mean, this was a really interesting concept of how these old toys would have to reconcile life as this tech thing comes through.
Speaker 4: But we didn't. They didn't really do much with that.
Speaker 2: And I get it.
Speaker 4: They don't want to make this a sad movie, but.
Speaker 5: That's probably what I would have found to be more interesting. But this is the part that I was referring to earlier, because this is when she goes back to her original home. They didn't need this. This, this is what fucked the movie up.
Speaker 4: They needed that so she would have a friend.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they needed that, but so we could have got on here. They didn't need movie.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: You keep shaking your head to me. Watch four and I'm telling you you're gonna change your mind.
Speaker 6: Recaps.
Speaker 5: You can't just watch a recap. Don't listen to Spike recap everything. I'm thinking that story in Horror was so heavy that it made her going back to the old house and not even seeing the girl that she was looking for, and the fact that her name was written on the inside of her pant leg the whole time, the girl's address was on her pant the whole time. We're watching four Rod the whole movie, We're like, damn, this is fucked up, Damn, this is sad, and now this one is like, Oh, all you had to do was look at your pant leg. Movie, bro, damn ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Right now, you see what I'm saying. It was I didn't watched Boys recently.
Speaker 3: But now that you're saying, and I remember what you're saying, and that is a really good point.
Speaker 4: That's what pissed me off, because.
Speaker 2: Did we need to go back to the old house.
Speaker 9: No, we didn't need to go back to the old house.
Speaker 7: I don't remember for enough to to really be able to corroborate what Mike is saying. I can neither confirm her den I that it messed up that storyline, but I will say no, even without knowing that. No, you didn't have to go all the way back to her original house. Now, unless there's some tie back to the fact that she felt like her old owner abandoned her and she found the box and it made her, you know, feel differently, I kind of get it for that aspect, But other than that, No, she could have gotten she couldn't find She could have found Blaze around the corner, and we didn't.
Speaker 4: Didn't she go back? But didn't she go back because she knew Blaze was there?
Speaker 7: No, she got sent back. Old people found her and said, oh, this is where.
Speaker 6: She she was.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they had the addressed her got you got right. You don't even see her old owner. It's like, why why are y'all doing this?
Speaker 2: Why you.
Speaker 1: Because you ran into daffodeal And then I did think. I did think Jimmy Dean was of like Jimmy you mean like that?
Speaker 2: Oh that was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, b yeah, you.
Speaker 10: Would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second.
Speaker 4: Where there are two tiers you can choose from.
Speaker 5: That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second.
Speaker 1: But okay, so I understand the critique Mike and nay Rod and Spike, though I think you know well not think it clearly was for just the angle of like the past, sending her there, Spike to your point to meet Blaze, Nate to your point, Blaze could have been around the corner easy, but they also wanted to take You have the new technology with Lily, and then you have these old tech toys thanks to Jimmy Dean who took her to this house that Blaze used to play with, and you had all these contraptions in there. And I think Jesse is only seeing Lily and now even though she still has this sort of resentment towards these tech toys, but she also sees that they're outdated and they got cast aside as well, So it sort of starts to create this eventual eventual will bond that form because they both were in similar circumstances.
Speaker 4: And the overall thing was all toys can work together, Oh, toys.
Speaker 7: To help, and that when you used appropriately, tech can be helpful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Patreon, if you're listening, please please vote for Toy Story four for Rod's next solo. It won't be a bad thing because I think he'll like the movie, but I want him to watch it so we can come back and talk about this.
Speaker 4: Please Patreon do this for me.
Speaker 1: So anyway, because the story is pretty pretty very like really straight for y that's pretty straightforward. So Blaze's experienced the same thing one of the go hook up the girl for God. So she ended up playing with the toys, had a fun time. Uh, they create this whole thing to to get never played.
Speaker 4: There was so funny in the movie. She said, you've never.
Speaker 1: Played ever heard a good time with the toy?
Speaker 5: I understand Ken and Rod thinking this is really funny and day because they got children to that kind of you know, enhances the kid jokes.
Speaker 4: I get all that. That makes complete sense to me, blowing my mind.
Speaker 1: Right now, kid brame like, yeah, playing with it with all them, man oh man Rod. When when they realized that they could talk to Lily like Siri bro.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, they said, wait, we call your name.
Speaker 4: She said, stop it.
Speaker 6: That was good.
Speaker 2: I did like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the same thing happened to Blaze like she tried to go on the play day and the girl forgot So she played with the toys and then uh, and then Bonnie came over. But Bonnie Lily punk ass sent the message to the group chat about the toys, and then that's when the cyber bullet theme took place.
Speaker 2: Literally kind of yes she did. She sent the pictures found toys.
Speaker 3: The other the other sent that out because they were trying to the other devices were trying to send it out just to help out.
Speaker 1: They ended up in the in the group, ended up in the group.
Speaker 3: That's how about have seen he Lily didn't do it. Oh okay, let me trying to stop it. Actually Spike checked the shit out. You can You're not about to get this wrong.
Speaker 1: Not my movie this moment, seeing how like Bonnie was, like she should have been a little bit more proactive in trying to figure out what was going on because.
Speaker 2: She asked, But it was just like she just kind of let it go until she asked.
Speaker 9: What at which part you're talking about.
Speaker 1: This was when like she had took the friend her to the house and then you know, Bonnie was obviously it seemed like she was depressing down on herself and that's what she kind of bought the ice cream and stuff like that. So I'm going back to kind of what Mike was saying about the bad parenting, like this kid has been cyber bully and the parent has no idea, and I'm just wondering she should have been a little bit proactive and kind of finding out what was going on.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 7: So I do think that, yeah, she could have been more proactive because I know when my kids get devices, especially once I know they're interacting with other people. I don't do it as frequently with Don because with his iPad, he's only on certain games, and I could monitor what games he's playing from my phone. But if they're interacting with other people, or if they're on interfaces, they can't interact.
Speaker 6: With other people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you need to go through that shit and see what's going on and what's being said.
Speaker 7: So I do think that there was a certain level of control that could have been implemented into this tech conversation that was lacking, because yeah, if you are if I know my child is on this iPad all day and now all of a sudden, you said, and to the point where I gotta go take you to get ice cream to feel better. I got it. I got to know what's going on. Even if you won't tell me, I'm about to go dig in and figure it out. So I do think that there was a bit of slack because how old Bonnie supposed to be?
Speaker 8: What eight?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 7: I can't even if you did tell me, I can't trust it. That's what it really is, because you're too young to really understand what's being.
Speaker 6: What's going on.
Speaker 7: You're too young to understand that this is cyberbully, and you too too young to understand the nuance that is being that's involved.
Speaker 9: So yeah, because first things first, you probably need to come off.
Speaker 7: That lily Pad game, whatever that game was in the pond, You need to come off of that because them kids.
Speaker 9: Talking crazy in there. So yeah, I feel like they didn't.
Speaker 7: I do agree that there was some some lack of parental controls with this tech in this movie.
Speaker 2: Do you think that was for us for parents?
Speaker 6: That's what I was just about to say.
Speaker 8: And I think they did that subtly right, because parents do at times just handing kids devices so they can get their work done.
Speaker 6: That's a that's a very common thing that happened.
Speaker 8: So I thought they did a good job suddenly showing that even when they hands to some of the households, you see like parents even late at night, because I'm a victim of this, like on my laptop and you see the kids over there in the room and not even paying attention to that that kids been on this uh on this iPad that long because they're too busy doing their work. We're both guilty of that, you know what I'm saying. So I thought, yeah, I thought that was more so for the parents.
Speaker 4: I heard it, and they was doing something totally different. She heard that part like me.
Speaker 1: Reason, no reason, I mean, I know, but she could have volunteered herself.
Speaker 6: She didn't say she had an opportunity to say.
Speaker 2: You didn't give her a chance?
Speaker 4: Did you act the.
Speaker 6: First and then you came to me.
Speaker 4: You ain't asked about that.
Speaker 5: Now that y'all are even bringing it up. And it doesn't really track with how the parents were set up at the beginning of the movie because they didn't want to give them the iPad forget her. They didn't want to give them that, so I didn't think about it. But yeah, that does come to the bad parenting bucket. Remember at the beginning, Bonnie didn't she said.
Speaker 3: I feel like as soon as she said that she was having problem getting friends, that was the first thought that they had was getting her a lily pad.
Speaker 5: But I thought they were apprehensive about it. They didn't want to do it. From what I remember, at least.
Speaker 9: She was one of the last kids to have.
Speaker 3: I remember her being one of the last kids. But I know she came and said the twins didn't want to play with her, so their first thought was.
Speaker 5: But I thought it was more so like, damn, I guess we got to get her one. I didn't think they were. I didn't do that. You watched it way more intently than I did. I'm probably wrong.
Speaker 4: You're kind of You're kind of right, Mike, the backhanded compliment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of right, Mike.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, well, ship, all right, they didn't want to play with us, so I guess if that's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they did say that.
Speaker 5: So it seems like watching what was going on on that they were already skesical of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh So.
Speaker 1: Anyway, at this point, you know, Blaze and Bonnie, they don't connect. Lily decides that she feels bad about everything, so she discards herself and there's this basket hunt to find her because everybody realized that they all need each other. So the rest of the movie is them finding Lily and getting with Lily and figure out how to make this whole thing work. And part of that also, Jesse felt down about herself, so she ran out the house and went back to the Damn Tree, and then they all jumped on the horses to go find her, and then the buzz light Years showed up as well, which I didn't know that they were more of an advanced model until later on in the movie, you know, because when they showed up, they got the Wi Fi and sitting on and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So did.
Speaker 11: Damnit I forgot what I was about to ask you. Damn right, that's where I start, I did, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jesse run out of the house, she finds a lunchbox Mike.
Speaker 1: Uh, and I guess now that's like, oh, you know, I'm supposed to help them get to this stage of life and then hand her off to somebody else. So now they got to go find a way to make them become friends. And uh, did anybody like this scene about them getting on the horses and chasing after Lily finding Lily then horse and buzz was funny?
Speaker 4: Her like, yeah, that little whole thing with her and buds At the moment, I thought that was funny.
Speaker 6: It was, Yeah, don't really enjoyed this part because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt like a.
Speaker 9: Lot of the Buzz light Years scenes, with all.
Speaker 7: The Buzzes, I felt like a lot of that was just for forty X because that's where a lot of the movement was coming from.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I thought it was cool when they when they were about to come down the stairs and they all running up the stairs and then they were on the side of the stairs hiding.
Speaker 2: I thought that was good.
Speaker 7: They weren't hiding, Like, how do you not realize it's like eighty buzz like on the wall.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 9: I didn't. I didn't understand that he walked.
Speaker 2: He just ran past it.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry if it is eighty toy stuck to the side of my staircase, I don't care how fast I'm running.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna see that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, you.
Speaker 9: Would see it too, can it's a movie though it's a kid's movie.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 4: It made it make sense.
Speaker 2: He was in a hurry.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, no, I thought all this was cool. This is like she's part of the movie. From Finding Lily and then right, I thought this one, this was funny. They were like where she came out, and they were like.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what I was gonna ask.
Speaker 3: So Lily's turned from y'all did y'all have the sense of Lily thought at some point in time that she had the same feelings for the kid that the toys did and wanted the best for her. That's why she went to the salvage thaing mm hmmm. I feel like they could have hammered more into that person. It's just this slight moment of her jumping into the.
Speaker 4: Goodwill basket that was that was that was really quick, That's what I was wanting to say.
Speaker 6: That reminded me of what's that movie inside Out, the second one. I don't know if y'all seen inside.
Speaker 2: Out, but oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Inside Out so much better than this.
Speaker 8: Sorry, God, great this cross this is what they say, this cross that could walk. But but yeah, like how how the wanted the best for for the child.
Speaker 6: What's what's her name? Anxiety? Anxiety wanted the best for the child.
Speaker 8: So that that that that was kind of the same thing how I saw Lily Lily in this moment.
Speaker 4: I feel like she went from villain to like, I'm on the good team in this like split checking.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, but I think that bothered She was over here in the conversation from the mom and she realized that she was wrong. She did think that she was better off and more helpful for Lily than the toys were, because in her mind the toys were outdated. Uh, and you know, we're in a we're in a new world. Now what they need you for?
Speaker 4: You know, when the mom conversation does help it, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's that's why she she did that.
Speaker 1: But I did like the drone stuff when they did the upgrade, because I was like, how the hell they're gonna get back to the house. My thing is if they always in animate when they running to people and there's drones, I guess they were flying above and they didn't need they need to do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, come on, you see if you see twenty twenty drones flying the butt cars on the interstate holding toys, you don't see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll let it go ride.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, remember, and first of all, they didn't see any other cars where they were going to find Lily.
Speaker 2: Remember they were driving along the road and.
Speaker 1: The cars came and all these motherfucker toys on the side of the road. Fifty of these motherfuckers just stopped.
Speaker 3: One of them blew when they was about to hit them when they was right there. And then doing the whole proposal thing the car blew after the toys that they couldn't.
Speaker 2: See when it was Yeah, so it must have been a very empty road, but you know, excisable.
Speaker 1: We're gonna let it go anyway. So yeah, they catch up to her. Then they negotiate this whole sort of you know, meeting again where they're all working together as one. Blaze comes over to the house Bonnie's house this time, and at the door gives the kid and Bonnie was reluctant and h then she kind of you know, started playing with her, and then that was it.
Speaker 2: Mike, did you like when she put the beer put her hair up to her face at the beer?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I like that the two little weird kids found each other. I guess I was a little bit confused for a while because I thought that Blaze was a lot older than Bonnie. But I guess they're around the same age. It seemed like she was probably thirteen, so I was like, Okay, maybe she got held back a couple of grades or something because she's kind of I don't know either way, I did like the fact that the two weird kids found each other and they were just ecstatic to be friends. I thought this was a really cute part, and she was just like, you want to stay over? She's like, yeah, I liked all of this. I thought this was really really cute. I wish more of the movie could have laid out more of a groundwork for me to be excited about this, But I think the fact that coming from being a weird kid, I just liked the fact that Bonnie being a weird kid, found another weird kid. You can say that, but it's a it's a kid's movie, so it's fine. But yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I liked.
Speaker 7: I liked the kid, the girls finally kind of jelling and realizing they had a lot in comment and making friends. And I liked that them playing outside brought them too little twins out.
Speaker 6: So it's like when when.
Speaker 7: Kids do go outside, it makes other kids want to go out and play and things, because we experienced that in the neighborhood all the time. It's like if you got a couple, then the others are gonna eventually gravitate.
Speaker 6: So no, I thought I did like that part. It happened with our girls.
Speaker 8: No kids in our neighborhood were outside, but we started making our girls go outside and get on like scooters and next thing, you know, the whole neighborhood got scooters and like they're playing with our kids.
Speaker 6: So, like I said, it only takes a couple.
Speaker 8: Really, it was just and they they next thing, you know, you're seeing all these kids outside, and so it's affecting infectious, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I like this part a lot.
Speaker 2: And you say you like this part too, Spike, we get readily to close out. This was good.
Speaker 3: This is good closing for the movie. I like that they were. I did like the Beard part as to what you asked, Mike. I thought that was funny and just showing, like the two they don't have to be popular or one half just too little two little connect in this way was it was a cool thing to show.
Speaker 1: I did laugh at the Beard part two because she was so goofy and silly, but she was just being and she was good.
Speaker 3: At it too, though she was goofy and silly, but it was good. I lived the thousands of years, just why my beard? That's why my beard is so thick? Like I remember the line, like she was kidding, I've lived thousands of year that's why my beard is Like that was good for a nine year old.
Speaker 1: Child because it was so random, Like I didn't nobody asked you to do that.
Speaker 4: Right New York. That was impressive. Can for her that that was the first place she went to her mind? That was impressive. You got a full beard, you got a full beard skit and you an eight year old girl.
Speaker 2: That wow?
Speaker 4: Man who thinks of that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this was a really good scene.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, it could be a bit emotional seeing them come together and they all find their their tribe.
Speaker 2: As they like to say nowadays.
Speaker 1: I thought this was dope to your point earlier, Nay, we got the whole marriage scene with the two you know, the girls doing that stuff. But to Rod's point, that ship wasn't it wasn't all the way sweet because h from this jealous motherfucking damn tr tops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did the different world on toy story. That was crazy, just die.
Speaker 2: But eventually they got married and that was it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and that's the movie. So everybody lives happily ever after. And I did, like Nate that the other kids came over and started playing as well, that that wasn't unresolved. And I agree with you guys, like seeing other kids just want to play with other kids, and that's what tech was doing. It was allowing them to play with one another, you know.
Speaker 2: Through this device instead of outside.
Speaker 1: But you make them mufflers to go outside like our parents did, they're gonna find no way to have fun. And that's gonna be making our voices, having a beard, you know, with your hair and all kind of shit, you know.
Speaker 2: And and that was that.
Speaker 1: But overall, I think the movie did a good job and I liked that it addressed like this, this sort of world were in because there's a lot of discussions about tech and kids in tech, and they dropped this whole nugget in there about screen time and managing that. So you know, I felt like it was it was responsible because it then't demonized tech all the way.
Speaker 2: It showed that.
Speaker 1: And I think you kind of said this earlier, Mike, like it has a purpose and a function.
Speaker 2: It just needs to be managed.
Speaker 1: And and you know, I think it's a good message a good format to deliver that to the kids as well. Tell them if we go outside and play, but if they touched brass, you know, and they clapped in my theater, they clapping, y'alls when.
Speaker 7: It was over.
Speaker 3: They clapped at the end. In mind when standing ovation, everybody stood.
Speaker 7: Curious, it's good standing over.
Speaker 9: I've never seen a standing ovation.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. I've never seen it either. They like everybody stood up and clapped when.
Speaker 6: It clapping and get up and leave.
Speaker 3: Maybe it may could have been here, but everybody stood up and clapping when this was over. I was like, it wasn't a standing ovation, but it was definitely clapping.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 9: I can see the kids clapping, but right, no.
Speaker 2: The lady she was laughing more than her.
Speaker 4: Damn kids that I had that same experience.
Speaker 1: Kid.
Speaker 3: I was in next to a guy that was next to his kid, and he was like, totally into this.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't trust somebody like that. I think something wrong.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I scooed it over a little bit.
Speaker 3: I scooted it over a little bit.
Speaker 4: You laughing way too hard at this ship.
Speaker 2: Exactly kids with him, at least he did his kids.
Speaker 3: He had to spend like three hundred dollars because it was like one of the dining serves, like he had like seven meals brought to like his seat.
Speaker 4: And I know how how the theater is they spent three Yeah, he enjoyed this ship.
Speaker 1: I will say I'm glad even though the kids didn't bother me. I just and respect them to be five kids. But at least at least it made it seem like I want some dawn you know there some weird ship the kids.
Speaker 2: People don't watch with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still.
Speaker 3: Different though, you in there, like I got it there. I got out of there quick, like I didn't want to be like that. I was a grown man in there, Dolo watching Toy Story at eight o'clock on a Saturday, Like, nah, I gotta get.
Speaker 6: It's not that different from like Marvell and all that stuff, because.
Speaker 4: Like it's it's very different. I mean, it's still.
Speaker 6: It's still like cartoons of the day. It is because.
Speaker 4: People will look at you and be like, bro, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 6: People grew up with Tour Story.
Speaker 8: I saw somebody said I was eleven when I first saw when I saw the first Toy Story.
Speaker 6: Now I'm forty two, so they grew up with Tour Story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's won't got no kids at forty two, like you kind of story? Yeah, you got a white te you gotta wait till come to Disney Plus or something.
Speaker 4: Bro, you ain't first Weekend.
Speaker 5: I get with Ronnie saying it does look weird, But I do get what Ronny saying. If you grew up with toy story like I was, I went by myself to go watch It's not the same thing.
Speaker 4: But I went by myself to.
Speaker 5: Go watch Mandalin and Grogul and I'm sure people were kind of giving me the side eye a little bit, but I see what right now.
Speaker 3: But that's a TV show. You still have the thing that that's a TV show right now. So if you just got into the TV show, you're like, oh, I want to go see this, you can go do that as a forty two old self by your but you want a toy.
Speaker 4: Story on Friday or Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's like, Bro, you by yourself was eleven when you saw the first one.
Speaker 7: No, I was.
Speaker 6: But I'm talking about the person that's like forty two, the person that's like, I.
Speaker 2: Give what I do too.
Speaker 1: Because I saw post somebody said that they were like four or something like that, and now they're going to watch it with their wife.
Speaker 2: So it's the thing that they're doing because they were saying.
Speaker 4: You know what, it's like it's kind of it's not all the same thing.
Speaker 5: But like, I'm gonna go see Transformers a movie when that shit comes back into theaters. That is definitely not an adult fucking movie. I mean, it's more adult than other stuff, but it's not. It's still a kid's movie.
Speaker 4: Transformed st well, I feel like it's Transformers, though it's still like.
Speaker 5: No, I know, it's a little bit, it's a little bit different. I'm just saying I get both sides. You do look weird, but at the same time, I get Ros's point of view.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't look weird. If it's okay, I agree with that. I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, uh, as we close out, it sets a franchise open the record. So yeah, it's doing really really well. Uh uh variat that's what Roddy is saying here. I was trying to get the numbers. But yeah, the headline is box office toy Story five scores year's biggest debut with one hundred and sistem million, open, shattering franchise opening weekend record.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. It's still hitting. Yeah, more than Star Wars.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Story Man, it's a solid franchise.
Speaker 8: I wanted to say one more thing about because I ain't get my opinion on Jesse. I did like Jesse Jesse's story because like they showed her like feeling like she didn't have have like self worth anymore, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, and I like how.
Speaker 8: They brought that full circle with the fact that no, you do have self worth.
Speaker 6: Emily gave this, gave her daughter your name.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day or whatever, so that that made her feel like, oh well, my memory lived on with her even after she didn't have me as a toy anymore. So I do like that that Jesse got got that fulfillment towards the end.
Speaker 5: But did she really give her daughter Jesse's name because she named Jesse? So did she really like, No, the doll name was Jesse before, right before she got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the dog name is Jesse. Just how Andy name is Andy?
Speaker 9: I think?
Speaker 6: But what's what's up?
Speaker 4: Woody?
Speaker 6: Woody's name is Woody? I think Jesse's name is Jesse.
Speaker 8: It was like your whole game got you a whole family of of of cal from Cowgirls.
Speaker 6: It was a whole family box set or whatever.
Speaker 4: May as well just watched the damn movie Rod you know, the whole ship.
Speaker 6: What I'm trying to tell you, That's what I'm trying to tell you. I wanted to watch the whole thing. But I do like that. I do like she that she got that at the end.
Speaker 4: They still should have showed the damn owner. Man, that was weird.
Speaker 1: Well, smarty Pants kept calling her bossy and all kind of other stuff, but.
Speaker 2: She had.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the tech two that too. I don't know either the evolution of the text.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that was actually cool, going from smarty Pants to Lily and then her blaming smarty Pants for how things ended up even though it wasn't smarty Pants's fault.
Speaker 4: I did like that too.
Speaker 1: Was what is this ranking the franchise? Somebody said it was the worst. It's definitely the worst. Yeah, it's the worst of all five. Okay, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think it's the worse, but again, I hadn't watched all of them.
Speaker 4: You can't say that about.
Speaker 6: The same same level to me.
Speaker 4: Really, Three I thought was was pretty is that the one? Is that the one where we introduced the ball with the little the little PORCELAIND.
Speaker 1: Three is the conveyor belt, right, Three is the conveyor that's that's that's that's my number one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Stinky p is the best one. I don't remember Stinky Pete, but.
Speaker 4: The old dude that was putting four or five right right, right right right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: After two, I was kind of I was kind of straight, and when I finally did watch three and four, I was like, Okay, I only watched it because Don wanted to, and I was like, I mean, it's entertaining enough, but yeah, four mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, well we'll leave it there, man, Glad to let us know where your thoughts, you know, and is this the worst out of them? And I don't know if that's saying like it's a negative thing, but anyway, glad to have you with us, Nay.
Speaker 2: And we'll catch everybody next time. Real peace, okay,