Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome to another episode of The Fame Second Podcast with the evening. My name is Mike. Across me, I have Rod, and next to Rod, I have Ken. Next to me, I should have Spike, but Spike said he saw way too much Penis and he could not bring himself out of the house, so he is not going to be on this episode. But before we even get started, what I need y'all to do is spam Spike. Make Spike review this movie for Patreon or solo, either one. Spike needs to talk about zombie Pennis. Okay, so look, we're talking about the fact that we don't want to have to see all this zombie pennis for nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've had to go back and listen to the Oh, I mean the first he was not happy about all the Pennis.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. So all right, So twenty eight years later, the Bone Temple. This is the new installment in the franchise. I know the Bone Temple and that some shit Spike did not want to go nowhere near the Bone Temple. But this was directed well, we'll say it was written first off by Alice Garland, who wrote the others, meaning the first twenty eight years later, as well as twenty eight Days. He did not do Weeks and it was directed by Nia DaCosta. I'm not gonna lie Nina Costa is obviously she's one to did Candy Man, and she also did the Marvels, the later Candy Man. I mean, oh, okay, the remake, so I was concerned. So let's start here, Rod, what did you think of this film?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I thought it was I thought it was fine. These films are surprising me. But I do remember liking elements about the last one. I don't remember hating it. These movies are not movies that I would rush to if I were sure. But because and it's really because we do the podcast, It's probably why I go see it. But when I go see him, I'm like, oh, I ain't waste my money, and you know, I got some sort of enjoyment out of it.
Speaker 1: So this was no different.
Speaker 3: I feel like this one I felt was a little bit better because I feel like the other one was a little bit like not ridiculous, but it did have some ridiculous moments this one, and then I knew, I remember it's not liking that in with Jimmy, we was like what the hell are they doing with this silly ship at the end?
Speaker 1: I remember thinking that.
Speaker 3: So I was a little concerned about that going into this one because Jimmy was gonna be in this one. But they took a different direction with it, and I was like, Okay, cool, this is a good direction they took with it. So yeah, ultimately I thought it was very solid, very solid story.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely enjoyed it more than the last one. There were some things that I was like, I, what is this what we're really doing? But I think they made it make a little bit more sense towards the end. And also I had to remember certain things about this particular movie versus other zombie movies, because I remember you telling me the last time that they're not zombies. So once I remember that part, I started to kind of recalibrate a little bit to some of the things that was happening. So and I still don't know where they're actually gonna go with it moving forward, but some of the things that all question did make sense. So I did like it better than the last one.
Speaker 1: Okay, not a glowing recommendation, but alrighty, I fucking loved this movie. I loved this movie, and I am be yonned surprised by how good this was. I did not like it the first one the first time I watched it because of the ending. The ending was so fucking ridiculous that I hated it. By the time we got around reviewing it, I lightened up on the movie and I was like, Okay, nah, it was good. It was just a stupid ending. I rewatched it again for the third time before going in to watch this new one. I really like the first one. Now I still do not like the ending. I still like the ending at all, but I liked the movie itself. I think it's great. Walking into this Nea the cost to have me concerned because I did not like that Candyman remake and the Marvels. I did not like that movie either, so I was just like, she's got a bad track record with me. She did say or imply that the issue with the Marvels was Disney got too involved and they made her do the things that she did. After watching this, I believe every word she said. She fucking killed this movie. Nia da Costa did so much better with the visuals, with the story, with every sand the first movie. Yeah, she man I'm telling y'all, I will say this. Watching this movie. When it was like thirty minutes in, I was like, man, I'm really liking this. I hope they don't fuck this up. An hour in, I was like, oh my god, I'm really really liking this. I hope they don't fuck this up. And I was doing that up until it got to be where it was like, okay, there's only twenty minutes left. They can't ruin it. They can't ruin it, and they didn't. I thought this was great, great, great, great from start to finish, and even the ending, which we'll get to. I was like, man, this is fucking great. So you had questions about that, we'll get to them, all right. So did y'all catch the hello at the beginning of the film when you say hello, what do you mean? Somebody says hello? I don't think so, all right? So that was from twenty eight days later, and I caught that immediately. I was like, okay. That was the still to this day one of my favorite scene from any zombie film, even though they're not zombies, but yeah, from any zombie A Jason film. That's when Jim, who's played by Killian Murphy when he walks to the church and he says hello, and those two infected stand up and they just stare at him. It's the creepiest fucking scene from just about any zombie A Jason film. And then he's attacked by a preacher Killian Murphy. Killian Murphy. Who is He's the guy at the very end. Yeah, yeah, the scarecrow that just answered my questions. Yeah, oh, you were like, who the fuck is that guy? Because people like, oh sh at the end, that's me, I'm people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I was the same way. I was like, wait, just that way I heard his voice.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Yeah, man. So yeah, so that plays into this film because the first encounter we get with an infected U well a real infected from the movie from Jim's perspective, is in a church. So I was like, Okay, that's kind of cool that they included that. But it cuts to Spike and he's surrounded by a gang of Jimmy's who they're for themselves as the Fingers, and they're basically, uh, they're kind of like jumping him into a gang sort of, and the ruler is goes by Sir Jimmy. Oh fuck, what's his last name, Sir Jimmy, So let's see. Oh god, damn it, why did I write that? Fucking down? Crystal, Sir Jimmy, Crystal, okay, And he says, if the new person can kill one of his current Jimmies, then they can join his crew. So Spike goes up against one of the Jimmy's and ends up winning. Ken what'd you think about this scene?
Speaker 4: I liked it because he won on accident, you know, so it made sense. There's no way he should have won that fight, and and it was good because later on, you know, we saw a play out again.
Speaker 1: But but nah, I mean, a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Guys in this colt or whatever picking on this kid, believing that because he's small and weak that they're just gonna beat him, and they're just torn with him and playing around with him. And then by accident, he just poked one of them and hit an artery and then that was it and he's part of the group. But but yeah, so I love it. I think it made the most sense for how everything went down.
Speaker 1: Agree with that Rod to a certain degree.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of with the other fingers, like, yo, it's a lucky shot, Like, you're really gonna gonna accept this kid over the other guy that was clearly for the cause and clearly uh just a better.
Speaker 1: Better at battle.
Speaker 3: Right, Like I said, if it wasn't like a lucky shot and he won fair and square, I feel like that would have made more sense. But yeah, it was kind of weird that they accepted him even though it clearly seemed like he wasn't wasn't ready to be a part of his colt.
Speaker 1: Yep, but he wasn't.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I don't know what the rules were outside of you in and U in, right, So if that is it, then I get why he accepted him.
Speaker 1: Plus, at the end of the day, that guy was dead anyway, So if.
Speaker 4: You're if you're you're saying that they could have attempted to save his life, then I get you. But for what I saw, I was like, he's gonna die, so it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But it's what I'm saying, they could have. They probably could have covered up the Yeah, they could have. I don't know how they would have eventually cured him or whatever or saved his life, especially if neither one of them are doctors. But I don't know it just if you asked the question, that's what that's how I would answer it. But I thought it was fine. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fine, But I'm just saying it logically. If I'm answered the question, that's what I was thinking. Yeah, I thought it was good too, because it's the only way it makes sense, because if they really had Spike pull some smooth move and actually kill him, this would have started the movie off real bad. But the fact that they had him on his knees and he just stabbed anywhere he could stab, and he just happened to hit an artery, I thought that was perfect. I thought that was perfect. The reason I understand them not going to save him is because it was against the rules. Sir Jimmy sets all the rules, and the rule is y'all fight, whoever dies loses, and that's it. There's nothing else about it. So and he probably was not really sweatd because he knew they were going to do it again, like they were going to do this whole thing again, so they were going to find another person. That person was clearly going to go up against Spike and kill him, so it didn't matter. So anyway, it goes he was gonna get replaced by a stronger guy, So I like this. I also liked the fact that the fingers for all my Kubrick fans, reminded me so much of the drugies in Clockwork Orange. I thought that was really, really, really dope reference if that was intentional, which maybe it wasn't, I don't know. Then we see doctor Kelson who's removing the body of the pregnant infected from the last film, the one that was in the I can't remem if it was a bus or a train car. I think it was a train car, right, a train car, and he's taking her to his bone temple, basically be part of the bone temple. And we also see a moment from the perspective of Samson, the infected alpha, the one with the big old dick. What did y'all think about how it shows the infected what they see when they see regular humans.
Speaker 4: I thought that was dope because I'd never even wonder or thought about what is it they actually see. So when they showed the quick flash, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they were going to do something the way later, but I'm like, oh, that makes sense they're attacking because they see what they perceive as a threat. The one question that I did have though, was I get killing him to protect yourself with the videos of but why go to extramu to eating them and all the other stuff. So that part I didn't understand. So I don't think they eat them.
Speaker 1: Eating his brains? Yeah, you're right, You're sure, right, So.
Speaker 4: That was the only question I was like, Okay, I get why you would attack them because you feel like you're you know, you're scared of them, But eating them, I don't know how.
Speaker 1: If they're if they're if they're uh, what's the word feral? I mean feral cats will probably eat a dead cat if they come up on it, you know what I'm saying. Or a dog might eat another dog. I didn't have a problem with that because I didn't even really think about it until you just brought it up. But yeah, them eating the brains out of that one head, I have a problem with it because they are animals at this point. But I did think, I'm sorry, I didn't get your perspective. Yeah, so this this part was confusing to me.
Speaker 3: Actually, okay, because if I'm so he so Sampson saw infected.
Speaker 1: I think yes, he So basically it looks like what the infected see in regular humans is what regular humans see and infected.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's that part doesn't make sense to me because why aren't you Why aren't you attacking other.
Speaker 1: Infected because they don't see infected like that. They see him as regular humans probably.
Speaker 3: So you say, you're saying that they see infected as regular and they don't see yes, So that's what the rage that the rage virus does.
Speaker 1: Anybody that's infected with it, they probably see them as regular people or or at least on their team, and not a threat. But a person that's not infected with the virus, they see that person as a threat. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Well I needed more context then that because because because yeah, I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't get like, okay, so what do you see your own con ass? So you see you think you just a regular ass human being. That didn't make sense to me because they didn't show that, unless I don't less I miss that.
Speaker 1: Did they show that they how they see other infected? No, but they kind of imply that when when later on we see Samson reverting back to human and getting attacked by the other infected and also when Kelson he says something I think it was in the last movie where he was talking about how he's seen the infected attack of baby and he's like, why would they attack a baby? A baby is not a movie. Okay, it's because that the infected or the infection is affecting their brain where they see anything that's not infected as some sort of threat. Okay. Yeah. I thought it was a really, really, really dope way to explain why they behave the way they do, because I mean, watching all the films, they just get mad and start fucking running at you and they just beat the shit out of you, but it ever really ever explained why. And I thought them dropping in that nugget of why they're acting like that, I was like, Wow, that's that's really good. We see that Samson's been returning to doctor Kelson over and over and they've developed this sort of friendship. What'd you think of the friendship scenes that was going on with Helson and Samson, either one of you.
Speaker 4: This was the issue early that I had with him. I'm like, bro, is he really going to become friends with the zombie? Because the zombies are added. He just became a drug addict, so the only way he can get it is drugs is keeping him alive, which okay, but they didn't stay there, which I thought was was dope. But I'm like, what and then he's dancing with the zombie, he doing all.
Speaker 1: This other stuff. The progress was dope, though.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know, he could see the pause in him, like when he walked up and stuff like, he was like, okay, he kind of what's going on here? And then he hit him with it and then you know, he laid down. I was like, okay, I'm gonna take a chance. I'm gonna trust to you. And then he was like okay, my head still intact. So the progress was dope. It was just it just felt really really ridiculous that he's gonna make friends with a zombie because he had his supply.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, I like this. I like the build up of this, even when he was about to shoot him with the dark and he got really close before he did it, Like, even that that anticipation.
Speaker 1: Was good, you know, and I did. I didn't have an.
Speaker 3: Issue with him supplying him the morphine and stuff like that and trying to because he's a doctor at the end of the day. So I feel like, you know, he's very conscious about, you know, the whole bone temple. So this sceneed right in line with him wanting to figured this out. So so him trying to like, okay, is this something to this, Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: As a doctor? You, I mean, you spend your life's work.
Speaker 3: In time trying to figure out cures and things like that. So it made to me it made a lot of sense that he's like he That's why he was like, yo, just give me a sign before I just end this or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but before he started exploring possibilities possible ways to cure him, he was just about to kill him. That didn't come until till later I forgot what Oh he said move.
Speaker 1: Then it was like, oh shit, that's why he's saying he's asking for a.
Speaker 4: Before then he was about to kill him, because yeah, yeah, but I get you. So he wasn't trying to hear I guess what I'm saying is I get the doctor point of it. But at that point he wasn't trying to cure him at all.
Speaker 1: He wanted a reason to continue on to see it and explore it. No, No, he was about to put him out of his misery. Yeah, so he was. He was hitting him with the with the darts, which happen morphine on them, but that was only to like calm him down at the time. I don't think he knew that there was a cure yet. He hadn't figured out what he could do to cure him. He just saw that the morphine was calming him down. So why would he put itself in danger if he didn't think it was a possibility that that did that, that Samson wouldn't attack him. Yeah, he was lonely, That's part of it. And also he saw that the morphine was taking effect. And at that point, I don't know that he even cared if he'd lived or died, because when he woke up, he was just like, oh okay, yeah, still alive. Cool. But I don't think he was thinking this is curing him. He just thought it was placating him and it was calming him down. Yeah, yeah, I know he didn't think that. I don't. I don't think he thought the morphine was curing him.
Speaker 3: It gave him like the idea like maybe I can't cure it is because then we hear him narrating saying, you know, well, this seems like whatever he called it, some sort of paranoia type of thing that was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so he's just like, so maybe I can treat that. Yeah, But he realized that there was no time because only he only had two more weeks worth of morphine left. So he was like, this isn't gonna happen, and that's why I was going to go out and just give him the kill shot. Hm right, mm hmm. Yeah. So I actually thought this was an interesting thing when you said that, you know, you're like, oh, well, are they really going to do this where it's just like this dude addicted the morphine. I think this was interesting as fuck because they showed that when Samson had the morphine in him, he was getting flashbacks to his old life. So I think Samson it wasn't just like he was physically addicted to the morphine. I think he was he was enjoying the fact that he was reverting a bit to his old life and he was seeing what his old life was. So I thought that was super interesting that he kept shooting with the morphine. This next part, are you either when you're all familiar with Androcles, the story of Androcles. He's the uh. He escaped slavery, hid in the cave.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He became friends with the lion. The lion had a thorn in his paw. He removed the thorn him and the lion became friends. Then he's thrown into he's sentenced to death later on, and he's sentenced to death by mauling of a lion, and it ends up being the same lion, so the lion doesn't kill him. Happy, happy story ever after. Right when I saw this, I was like, that's actually interesting because that's clearly who h Kelson is. He said, he's channeling his inner Androcles. And when he calls Samson, uh, the whole reason of why he names him Samson. Do y'all remember Samson? What his story was? Yeah? He said, well, one thing he measured was the hair. The hair and what else I can't remember. You should know you read the Bible. He killed a line with his bare hands. So there's this whole lion motif with doctor Kelson and how he's looking at the I guess I'm only I'm the only one that found that interesting. Y'all, Like, move the fucker Kelson realizes that he only has a few more weeks left the morphine to give Samson, so at one point, he decides to give Samson lasting peace, which is what y'all talking about a minute ago, by giving him the injection that will kill him, but he changes his mind when Samson utters the word moon. So were y'all cool with this part or was it just confusing? M h I was cute. I loved it. Okay, yeah, I love this part.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't know, he did it so well, like like yeah, I really liked this part and then and then yeah, and it comes back around later too.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Yeah. No, I wasn't. I wasn't confused about it. You know.
Speaker 4: I was asking like when he kept giving it to him, and I was like I want this that stuff like actually like curry him. But dang, it was just like I was just like, nah, I can't be doing that. But then it happened and then I was like, oh, that's probably like uh when when Caesar said no, no, he said no planting another apes, it was like one of those moments and it was like I was like, oh shit, this motherfucker talking, you know. So I was like damn okay, I said. So now they're kind of starting to tie everything together, from the friendship to the morphrame, so things are starting to make sense. So now I was like, oh, okay, this is where they're going with this whole thing.
Speaker 1: So I'm like okay.
Speaker 4: So then I'm like, well, shit, you only have two weeks left, Like, how are you going to figure out a way to create some sort of vaccine or whatever.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna have the what do you have the equipment? Now I'm asking a question, are.
Speaker 4: You gonna have the equipment to figure out what is the actual thing that the morphine is curing? I think he even talked through it, but now I'm asking question. I was like, okay, but now we make a progress. But then I'm like, wait a minute, you can't cure zombies. And that's when I remember, oh shit, Mike said, they're not technically zombies.
Speaker 1: I said, I forgot about that. Yoh. Now everything is starting to kind of come there. I was like, oh shit. Now I'm like, okay.
Speaker 4: I like what they're doing with this particular aspect of the story, like taking something that we see as zombies that are not zombies and finding a cure that I don't that's never been done before.
Speaker 1: So I was like, Okay, this is interesting.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I'm like, well, how does this tie into Jimmy and the Fingers sound like a fifties band, so how did this tie into all of them?
Speaker 1: You know? So? Yeah, so I had an arguing argument with a friend of mine. So do y'all not get that the morphine wasn't what cured him? Yeah? What was it? It was?
Speaker 3: It was the the I'm about to say potion, but the uh, the antidote or whatever you want to call it, that he was trying to conjure up.
Speaker 1: He gave him anti psychotic pills. Oh, and I think that for some reason, when I would arguing with my homeboy, he missed that and his friends missed it too, And I was like, did y'all just close your eyes.
Speaker 4: From but he said it too, now that you mentioned it, he did say that. He said it was a psychosis. He said it a few times.
Speaker 1: Yes, the rage virus, he said, is a mental psychosis, and it can be cured or maybe stopped or halted at least with anti psychotic pills. And I was like, Jesus Man, this movie these motherfuckers really thought into this. Yes.
Speaker 3: The only thing what I was confused about is because I don't I didn't remember that they weren't toombes technically, So I was just like, okay, well, hold on, what the hell going So you.
Speaker 1: Were thinking that they were dead but undead? How the fuck do that?
Speaker 3: But I was like, yeah, maybe I missed something, you know what I'm saying, Like, so that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing we got that from. You. Do they ever say that in the film that they're not dead? No, they just I don't know, but maybe they've said it and I don't remember. But I always got this impression because you notice they never have to shoot him in the head. They can slip one of their throats and they die, yes, or shoot them in the stomach and they die. The only ones that don't die are the alphas. But in all the other movies, if they just shoot them, they go down and they die. So that tells me they're not zombies because you shouldn't be able to shoot a zombie in the stomach and it dies. You have to shoot them in the head. So it's not following zombie rules.
Speaker 3: Yes, not following zombie rules, and you're saying that these people will eventually die.
Speaker 1: Yes, they will age, they will die. If they get a bad flu and it hits, they will die.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, which is why they probably showed him carrying that lady back to the temple.
Speaker 1: And that's why Yes, yeah, yeah, they're saying is I said I cut you off? Go ahead? No no, no no, I'm just saying so that. So they're saying it without saying it. Yes, Yeah, they're showing, not telling like people love to say. That's why the last movie focused so much on Kelson's appreciation of the dead, and the all momental Maury thing is remember we all must die or remember death. That's why he focuses on that because these are not zombies, they're real people. Interesting. So I thought that was super super interesting. And I've said before zombie films are my favorite sub genre of horror. As far as I know, I've never seen a cure in a zombie film. I've never seen it, So them doing this, I think is super interesting. You would love to have more content from Franks per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also non theydn't voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. There's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. Before we jump back into the Jimmy, let's go ahead finish the Sampson part. This is a little bit out of order, but it doesn't really matter. Sampson goes back to the train car and while on the car, he has flashbacks of him as a younger man on a train car and he's talking, and he actually speaks. He says, I don't have a ticket. So what did y'all think of this? And the preceding fight with the other infected.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that had I don't have a ticket stood out more than like when he was looking at pictures of the moon and things like that, which I said comes back around later.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: That's the part that I was like, oh shit, that's Samson because he was a little boy in that situation. Yeah yeah, so so yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that connecting why he said moved to him being a child.
Speaker 1: Also the flashbacks of.
Speaker 4: The memories because of the morphine psychosis drugs that he was given, all that made sense to connect that. But as soon as he said I don't have a ticket, I'm like, bruh, they gonna know you were not them.
Speaker 3: And it's also just the showing without telling, because Sampson obviously grew up like this.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this is this is them implying that this is where he was infected.
Speaker 3: This is where he's infected, and now he's this big, grown ass dude. So that shows that this isn't a zombie, right, yeah, so that they are showing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if zombies. I'm pretty sure zombies get old. I'm trying to think. I don't know that I really noticed because I've never noticed them.
Speaker 3: Just like saying that they just become decrepit, like they they you know what I'm saying like that, Yeah, they don't get older. They don't get older. He actually grew up like as a strong man. Wait, we didn't seem to get bid as a kid.
Speaker 1: We didn't, but but this is applying. Yeah, it's implying that because the zombies at train. Yeah so yeah, so he since a boy, he he's been the zombie. And I wonder if that's all the afflets.
Speaker 3: They start off as as children and they just this is their life.
Speaker 1: They grow up as these.
Speaker 3: Zombies or whatever, and that's you know, maybe that's why they're afflet.
Speaker 1: Was maybe maybe, but I think I thought of the last film, they just said it was a mutation, that the that the alp of what of the regular rage virus, and they kind of make they kind of made it seem like it was random. So I don't know, so don't know, just.
Speaker 3: Doesn't say that, like because how would this be a mutation unless he came across something later, But they would I feel like they would have shown that.
Speaker 1: Well, because virus is mutant all the time. That's how like COVID nineteen became what was it called after that? Remember when COVID nineteen the alpha and then it went to they called it something after after the regular? Yeah, there was like different variants. That's how that happens because viruses are constantly mutating. So I don't know. Maybe maybe it's because he was a kid, or maybe it just he got infected as a kid and it mutated at some point.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but but what I what I in washing this, I was like, oh, Ship, he's gonna be reinfected when they were biting him, and I'm like, bro.
Speaker 1: All of their asses because there's a lot of these.
Speaker 4: I know Samson is a bit more. But then then I'm like, well, Ship, is he only the alpha because of the rage virus? Or like, so is he will he start because he's starting to be cured lose certain aspects of the rage virus that made him who he was. But clearly it did not right, it did not because there was only one person that walked off that trend.
Speaker 1: And that was out that was that was Samson. Like I'm alpha for a reason. Yeah, But I did think it was interesting though. If you notice that when the fight happened, he took the loincloth Ship back off. He was like, no, I'm lett my dick. Hang yeah do that clear cured a little bit, but this dick is still here.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 1: Maybe because I had it covered up. Y'all y'all forgot y'all forgot about how big my ship is though, because you jumping and bite me on my neck. Man, let me show you how my dick dud man. But no, you're saying that that that I don't have a ticket? Part didn't jump out. I thought that was super interesting because he was he was remembering his old life or whatever, and an actual infected was talking to him. But he in his mind it was a regular person asking for a ticket. Oh yeah, that sh it was. It was creepy. It was creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yah yah yah yeah yeah, because he was talking to the effect, he looked, yes, I don't have a ticket.
Speaker 1: When they knew that he's no longer and infected the attack him. Yes some reason. Yeah, yeah, that ship was good. That was good.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought that back up because yeah, that what I did like that part.
Speaker 1: I like that part of lie. I was like, this is really really clever thinking and once again neared the cost that I apologize for. I don't apologize because no, you did make some some bath foms. Just wasn't your fault. You fucking killed this ship, bro, even I can't call you, bro, I don't have it. I don't have you know what for having so few talking lines. I don't know this actor's name, but whoever played Samson? Fucking murdered this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, murder pactful every time he a few times he spoke, it was impactful.
Speaker 1: And you could you could read it on his face that he was reverting. Man, this dude. Man.
Speaker 3: Even before he said moon, Yeah, he was just like you kind of see it in his face because.
Speaker 1: He was staring at the moon and he was processing it. Man, it was good. I'm gonna say something because I want more of this morphine. You can't kill me now, ship a tree. He never gets me hot, acting like a human, bro, you appreciate you. So this cuts to a scene of some survivors going through the woods and they encounter a group of infected. But did anything jump out to you about how they acted with the older guy who was getting overrun. They didn't give a funk about him. Bro left.
Speaker 4: But I love what she said when she was like she said, no, he got himself killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to be a hero.
Speaker 4: That was because he had no business none walking up on him like that when the gate was right there.
Speaker 1: Stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it mays why you're trying to be a hero, man, they as soon as that thing turned on him, she bounced And I love that.
Speaker 1: That felt real. I don't think we see that you know nothing movies. That's exactly what I put in my This is an attitude we don't normally see from folks in the zombie world. They're always like, we need to go help that person's in trouble, we need to go save them.
Speaker 3: But to remember they did it in twenty weeks twenty eight weeks later? Is that the first one? That's the first one days? Twenty eight days? Like she was the same, She was the same way. She's like, no, he can't, you know how fuck that? We gotta keep going. I do remember that about that movie, so they want that same shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I forget her name too, now. Fuck yeah, she wasn't walking dead? Was it her? The black girl? Is I'm thinking about racist ass? No, she's not walking dead, But I can't think of her name. I know you're talking about the black woman that was with Jim, but I can't think of her name now Natalie. Maybe I think her name was Natalie. But yeah, So this is something we don't normally see in these movies. So you're right with that, Ken or at least from my perspective, and it actually it goes along with how Natalie thinks, but it does not go along with what Jim thinks. Jim thinks he will always go help, because that's the conversation he had with Natalie, if that is her name. They were discussing in twenty eight days if you ran across somebody needed help, what would you do. She was like, I'm leaving them, and Jim was like, I would never do that. I would always go help. So this is the first time you've seen people in this world are just like fuck that, I'm out. And they clearly knew the old guy. I don't know if that was anybody's dad or anything, but the fact that they dipped I was like, Okay, this is interesting. So the survivors of the attack, Tom and Kathy go back to the farm where they live. I guess they come about how many people were over there, like four with like maybe four other people, only to find that the fingers are there and they're harassed over dinner. But things heat up when they drag all of the survivors except Kathy. Because Kathy gets away. They drag the rest of them into the barn where they proceed to remove their shirts. What y'all think about this scene? And why do you think Jimmy was doing this? Real quick YEP played by Naomi Harris. Her name was Selena and Selena Selena, I said Natalie, but I was planted thinking of the yeah, person's real name. But what was the last question you just asked? What did you think about this scene? And why do you think Jimmy was doing this? Oh? Man, I didn't.
Speaker 3: It was confusing as to why Jimmy was doing it, which we I mean, we found out later, but but in this moment, I was confused. But yeah, I was just like, damn, this is fucked up.
Speaker 1: This is so fucked up, Like, yeah, why are you torturing these people?
Speaker 3: I didn't understand the point, Like, yeah, I just really didn't understand the point, to be quite honest, it was it was just it was just it was just messed up to me.
Speaker 1: I did like the fact that the lady got away.
Speaker 3: And in that cause you know, everything that happened later, But yeah, I just didn't. I didn't understand. I know, he said I'm talking to my father, which I thought was a good reveal later. Yeah, that's just kind of what what I was thinking. It just seemed very unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I just didn't understand, like why you would go and kill other civilians.
Speaker 4: It was unnecessary, you know what I What I liked is when he was having dinner, she was like, oh, you guys gonna leave. It was like, yeah, we're gonna kill you guys first and then we're gonna leave. The other thing that I thought was interesting was you can see sort of a reluctance by the other Jimmies to do certain things. You know, like when the girl got up to dance, it didn't look like she really wanted to get up and do that dance, like she just it looked like she was just doing it because it's Jimmy, and Jimmy does crazy, weird things to people. So the tearing of the shirt was just or the taking off the shirt or whatever he called it was just him just almost like keeping them in line because Jimmy's full of shit, you know. And and most of them were around, well, there were a couple that believed it, but other words just were Therefore it seemed like one or two were therefore survive. At least one was just this is the way I'm serting to Savib because being on my own isn't isn't isn't working. So I think for me, it was just a way for him to kind of sell this whole cult thing that he has going on to other people.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So I slightly disagree with you. I do think that Jimmy believes it. I think that Sir Jimmy believes it. Yes, So he said so throughout the film, and this is just one of those things of I just happened. You know. He kept saying old Nick, Old Nick, Old Nick, Old Nick, and that's not a common thing. But I only know who it is because there's a band I like called Old Nick, and I have an Old Nick shirt. And I didn't not know that Old Nick is actually a European name for Satan. So when he kept saying my father is Old Nick and you need to please Old Nick, I was like, Oh, this fool thinks his dad is Satan. So when he's doing all of these things, it's very much like the Manson family. They're going out and they're just killing people seemingly needlessly. But if he thinks his dad is Old Nick and this pleases Old Nick, then that's why he's doing it. They're basically killing people and flaying people because it is pleasing to Satan. And I do think that Jimmy did believe that. We'll get to why. I get why you think he's full of shit. We'll get to that later. But I thought the interesting thing about this whole thing was him calling it a charity. So I'm pretty sure in the last review I did bring up that these people were based after this guy that I didn't know anything about. His name was Jimmy Savile. He was some like media star. Everyone loved him till he died and they found that he was abusing kids. He was known for charity work. So them calling what they're doing to people, which is actually abuse, them calling it charity work is more just like a shot at the Jimmy Sapple thing. So I again, I thought that ship was super super, super interesting, and I thought that the fucking peeling of the skin was like, bro, they're still alive, especially the woman like you see just oh my god. I was like, this ship is tight, tight, tight, this ship tight as.
Speaker 3: What be talking about. You'd be like, this ship tight. But when it comes to the Nigga ship and.
Speaker 1: This isn't real.
Speaker 3: If this, Jimmy. If somebody made a glorified crazy it was it like that. They showed it, but didn't show all of it.
Speaker 1: Enough exactly. Because you see them peeling the skin off and just throwing it on the ground. I'm like, god damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you see it in another scene too, because it was like a face pilled at some.
Speaker 1: Point and I didn't catch what that was. Wasn't that before this part? Though?
Speaker 3: It was before this. I see it before, but then you don't realize why why? But now you see they've been doing that ship to other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like an animal was licking at or something. And I was like, okay, what's the deal with the mask? Remind me of walking whip with Alpha? Oh ship? Damn? I didn't even connect that all right. So Jimmy offers Tom the chance to become one of his fingers by killing one of the other fingers. That way he'll avoid getting flayed. So Tom chooses to fight one of the female fingers named Jemima or Jemima. What did you'll think about? Uh? Tom, it was I think it was it gotta be it gotta be jim some jim Mima, I'm pretty sure, but what you think how that fight went.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting because he picked her because she thought she was the weakest obviously or whatnot.
Speaker 1: And that ship did not playing his favorite at all.
Speaker 3: It ain't even they ain't waste no time like they were just like you about you up, light work, right, she about to fuck you up?
Speaker 1: So now, yeah, I thought that was good.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was even better when the I guess the wife or woman that was pregnant hit her with the the ship because you don't see it, you don't see it, you just hear it.
Speaker 1: I was like, god, damn my cat kitty feline a stroke, right, and then her nose starts bleeding, like what the fuck? And then they revealed that that ship was in her head all like yo, man, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: The direction of all of this was was this this moment of the film right here. They they executed this masterfully, like the way they did this scene. Yeah, I I I enjoyed the scene. It was a good, good film work.
Speaker 4: Right here, and really kind of smart to keep the kid out. So now all of that of a sudden that makes sense. He runs out, he's throwing up. The other person comes back after scouting and We're like, all right, I'll stay out you because if he was in there, he would have been chosen. So yeah, so having him away from this, you know, and let her be the one that looked like the weakest made sense. And I'm like, oh, he's gonna try to fight this kid, and there's no way this kid gonna win.
Speaker 1: But I forgot he was outside, so.
Speaker 3: And I went if the other finger knew that that this is disinitiation was about to go down and he's probably gonna end up getting picked. Which other finger, the one that was out there with with uh what's his name?
Speaker 1: Spike? Yeah, no, she she she had gone to scout, but she never took she never took nick uh Nick Spike back in. So I wanted she knew the whole time, like, no, it's best for you to stay out here. Oh, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, oh okay, because she knew that at the end it is he was going to have him pick somebody to fight.
Speaker 1: If you bring your ass and then you're gonna die, you're gonna choose. I didn't think about that, but yeah, you may be right.
Speaker 4: Man knows the ritual or the process. So that is interesting that would add an extra element to it.
Speaker 1: But I was one. I was like, I don't think she's gonna be an easy exit. Bro, I did too, that would have been too easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but I didn't know she was gonna be that nice with it.
Speaker 1: That was the thing that got almost like she was the best fighter. Yeah, and they're talking ship to him. Yeah, I know why you picked me. This ain't what you want. It ain't what you think. It is what you got. The little wings on my back and see me doing that little dance you thought you.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if somebody, well Muhammad Ali used to do that ship said dance, motherfucker, whoop your ass, get your ass and dancing on it. But and then now now that we're talking about I was like, and I think she was. She was like she was actually pretending and looking like she didn't want to be picked, but she wanted to.
Speaker 1: Be picked the whole time. She felt like killing the motherfucker. Yeah. Yeah, so that ship was tight.
Speaker 3: And that was another thing I wanted to point out about this scene. Oh yeah, when when the other fingers outside and she's just like, you know, don't sound like normal scream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went back and forth that ship was That ship was cool? I did pick up on that because I put that down because the after after Jemima is killed, Uh, Tom is all fucked up. He's been stabbed a few times, but he's able to grab a propane tank and starts earning motherfuckers in there. So I thought that was dope. But that causes the whole place to burn down. Where did he get the spark from? There? Was there was a fire something on the desk Okay, yeah, I can't remember what it was, but there was either a lighter or something. There was something on the desk that he pointed the propane tank at and then just started using it like a fucking flame. They were asking the same thing to get that ship from. Yeah, that was so. That was good. This part was great. But uh so, yes, they go outside. A couple of the fingers have now been burned to death. Uh, Sir Jimmy tells Spike to go get Kathy because he saw Kathy getting away. What do y'all think about what happened between Spike and Kathy. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was gonna happen either. Thought she was gonna take the She pushed a ship out of Spike. She was right, Bro, don't trust I don't know you.
Speaker 4: But it's so it's so like counter anti movie, like it's anti to what you're seeing movie, Like this is this kid, this kid clearly like doesn't want to be there.
Speaker 1: He had his guard down and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he like he's a child like you would think she would be she's pregnant, would be sympathetically.
Speaker 1: I don't know him, bro, Man, it was good.
Speaker 3: I was not expecting that at all. When she punched that little motherfucker fell over.
Speaker 1: Its like, are you serious? Yeah, yeah, I'm serious. She's like, I'm out. I did not know you. No, this was this was this was well done to me.
Speaker 3: This was super well done to be. It was um ship I couldn't catch a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 4: He was on a rough day the rest of the movie. Actually, that's just fund out there in a while. He could have took his ass home, bro, from the first movie out there period, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: She never took his at the beginning. Yeah, you're right. Yeah, so you bought this song. So the other female, Jimmy who I don't know if she had a name. I saw people calling her Jimmy Ink, but I don't know if they ever said that. They did call her in the movie. Okay, So the other female, Jimmy Jimmy Ink, was sent out earlier to go scout for a new place for them to attack, but she ran across Kelson talking to Samson. So as Sir Jimmy is debating Spike's punishment for not bringing Kathy back, she decides to tell them about Kelson, who she's convinced is Satan. So they trecked his place. They don't say yet, but she's calling old Nick but I knew what she meant. Yeah, I think that's actually kind of cool once you get the reveal. But so they go to his place where they all witness uh Kelson in the Bone Temple. So Sir Jimmy tells the crew that Kelson is indeed his father, but he needs to go talk to him first before everybody else does. So where'd y'all think of thevo between Kelson and Sir Jimmy?
Speaker 3: This was good, This is good and I and it was interesting to see him like, yeah, this motherfucker, what's.
Speaker 1: Going on with this nig over here? Like like you start sitting when you talking about bullshit or whatever.
Speaker 3: Now you see like, Okay, maybe he is on some bullshit because he doesn't know, and then even the Jimmy ink can catch on, like, Yo, why this motherfucker I don't know about this place if he's so connected to Nick or whatever.
Speaker 1: But but nah, I like this. I like this moment. This is good.
Speaker 3: Good too, Like the conversation between them both the only things that I didn't feel like they showed that Kelson filled his life the way he said he did.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem that way to me.
Speaker 4: I think Kelson is just very You don't survive that long without being very self aware. So I think he realized that Jimmy was a threat and that he was gonna do what he could to appease him to preserve his life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I never because Kelson is being able to survive this long.
Speaker 1: I just didn't. I didn't see because he said that.
Speaker 3: In the narration that you know, first time he filled his life like this, And I just didn't feel like if he known about Jimmy.
Speaker 1: You're saying, just how how he came across his demeanor, how you look.
Speaker 3: You you didn't see it like I could see if you heard stories about Jamie and be.
Speaker 1: A big dig zombie for like a movie in years. I think you'd be more scared of that, but he wasn't.
Speaker 4: He probably numbed him to everything. He was like shit and I survived that. I ain't worried about this.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying. But that's not That's not what what the narrative was. And there was that he filled his life, and I'm just like, hu, that's that that.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem like Jimmy was enough for him to fear his life that way. I don't remember if Jimmy ever said his name. I think he did, And if he did, then that would explain why Kelson would have been a bit fearful because if you remember in the first one, remember the zombie they run across that's been hung upside down and have the Jimmy carved in him, and then there's throughout the film there's graffiti about Jimmy. So if Kelson has been collecting the bodies and he's been seeing all this stuff, and if this guy walks up and he's like, my name is Jimmy, and then he says, look, if you don't do this, I'm gonna fucking kill you and I'm gonna stuff your intestines down your throat. That would be enough for Kelson to be like, well fuck, Becausekelson's extremely smart. So that would explain why Kelson would be like, fuck, that's that guy. This is the guy that's been going around doing this shit. So maybe I should believe him. That's the only baal I can give it. Otherwise, I'm with you. Why would he automatically just think this guy is really that much that threat?
Speaker 3: But also, Kelson's not a fighter. He's not a fighter, but like you said, he's very smart. And this motherfucker has like fucking what do you call the ships.
Speaker 1: The morphine harpoons harpoons and ship like you this motherfucker run up, get done up. Not by Kelson, though, yeah you motherfucker harpoos. He hit him from a distance. Yeah, but a morphine harpoon is not gonna do it be a morphine when it'll be a kill shot. Was gonna gill Sampson. That was just an overdose I thought he was gonna give.
Speaker 3: What I think is that because he's a doctor, he could easily get him like syringe, Like, mother fuck you run up and when you want to.
Speaker 1: Poke your ass, but he not if he's not a fighter, and if he has a whole crew of other people, because because he says I'm gonna get but you don't see him. Yeah, but I don't think it would have been smart for Kelson. Just think this dude is lying because otherwise, why would he lie about having a crew, because that's the whole point. I'm going to get my crew and I'm bringing him back here. I feel you.
Speaker 3: So he knows he has a crew, Yeah, I guess so. And you don't know how big that crew is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, I mean sure, yeah, it could. It could be a situation like that. It was.
Speaker 4: It was It was good because I you know, I think you saw both of them kind of in their element, very calm.
Speaker 1: You know, nobody's yelling, nobody's screaming.
Speaker 4: You know, even the way he said it, just just like he told the family, It was like, yeah, if you don't do it, you know, this is what I'm gonna do to you.
Speaker 3: And I like how Kelson was questioning him, So you think, say, so you believe that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was like, oh, this is interesting, is you?
Speaker 4: And I think with Kelson being smart, he also understands how colts work, and if this guy's talking like this, then it was like, all right, well, I don't want to take any chances, so if this is my best odds to survival, then I'll just go along with him. Maybe they'll just leave. Yeah, he'll probably keep me alive because he may need to come back. But this is also where as you mentioned earlier, I was like, Oh, this motherfucker just full of shit, because even when they were on top of the hill and he was looking like fuck, that's not what I thought it was. But I got to keep them believing this con, so I need to go down here to set this whole thing up.
Speaker 1: Shit hmm. I think this part was the only part that was a con. The rest of it wasn't a con. But he saw that they weren't believing. They weren't believing.
Speaker 4: But then the reason why pause was because of the last thing.
Speaker 1: That was part of the thing, part.
Speaker 4: Of the whole act that he asked that Old Nick was telling them to do, build a following and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So now I'm wondering. But now it just.
Speaker 4: Looked like it looked like he had doubt. He looked like he was like fuck, Like, I came across something that they think is Saint Nick. So now I gotta go down here and convince them up Saint Nick that this is Old Nick in order to keep this act alive, because if they find out this guy isn't who Old Nick, then they won't fear me anymore. I would have I would not have power. So that's why I thought he was just bullshit.
Speaker 3: I did like that we got to reveal on this that's what we found out, Old Nick was the Satan. And then I started thinking about I know it's in the movie You've probably never seen, but Adam Sandler Little Nikki, you ever seen that.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they refer to Satan as NICKI in that show in that movie, in that movie, and I was like, oh, well, duh, that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, again, I don't I don't think that Jimmy was bullshitting the whole time. I think Jimmy, which again, there's there's something he says later on that definitely solidified that he did think his father was Satan. But I think that this is the only part where the con comes in. He's like, well, they think that that's Satan. I can use this to my advantage because I have to keep a hold on this crew and I can't prove what I'm hearing and what I'm seeing. But if they think I can, then this is going to keep them loyal. So this is that's where the con comes in. But a quick aside before they can go meet Satan spiked side to sneak away, and then that other guy runs over and tries to catch him, and then Jemima comes over and saves him unless oh sorry, yes, Jimmy Ink comes over and saves him. Did y'all recognize Jimmy Ink? By the way, that was the girl from the uh, the Hawkeye show, the flag smasher girl, the one that Nixon has racist teeth. That's funny, that is. I know she looked familiar, but I couldn't. I couldn't. I did too, And second I got home, I was like, I have to go see who this girl is because looks the only thing I thought was interesting. It's not really a lie.
Speaker 4: I was like, it was just her saying like, no, I've been out there, I know what it's like to not have a crew. This is the best way to survive. Yeah, And that's why I was. And at this point I was like, oh, she just she just she don't believe this ship either. Until later, but I was like, Oh, you don't believe this. You just here because you don't have anybody else to protect you, and you're just trying to.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I think she believed to a certain degree. I think she had her doubts.
Speaker 1: I think she believed in Satan, but she had a doubt that Jimmy was really his son.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, yeah, okay, okay, now connecting it all together, okay.
Speaker 1: But I think they all believed in the Satan part. They definitely all believed that because when she saw him, that's the first thing she thought. She's like, oh my god, that's Satan. That's the guy that Jimmy's been talking about. So, Sir Jimmy takes the other fingers to meet with old Nick slash Satan slash Kelson. What did y'all think of the scene? This is where he comes out he does the musical number to Iron Maiden.
Speaker 4: That shit was, Hey, man, I gotta give it to Kelsey, Bro, You're right, smartestle the hell of her performer. Bro, He's so that ship all the way the hell of a show man. He could not wait and we saw the whole movie. Rod he had been practicing the working on routine. Yeah, said, this is my moment.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: When he came out and he had this thing bro with the little I don't know what that was.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yo, this guy is all in. Yeah that ship.
Speaker 3: Even Jimmy was like, all right, damn, I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was. It was. It was a good act. It was definitely a good act.
Speaker 4: And just seeing them all dance to it, this was when I was like, oh, ship, they actually do believe this. When I saw Jimmy, Ink was like, oh ship, Jimmy's believe that ship. Or maybe this was the point she was like, oh ship, this ship is real. You know, maybe she had her doubts, maybe her faith was question and then when she saw this, she was like, Oh, this ship is actually fucking real. So I'm back on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But and then, so here's what I thought he was doing when he blew the ship in their face. I thought he was actually using that to knock them out and that's how he was going.
Speaker 3: To escape high But yeah, he was just getting oh yeah, yeah, yeah, hallucinating a little bit Yeah, it just helped with the with the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought the show was to get them to lower their goal art so he can blow whatever. This stuff was poison or something in my mind at the time, and it wasn't to get them high. It was just to kind of make them fall out or something like that.
Speaker 3: And See, that's what I'm saying when I say that he's smart, he's he's a doctor.
Speaker 1: He can conjure up.
Speaker 3: Something not conjured, but he could create something that that would, you know, basically kill him if he wanted to, you know what I'm saying. So that's why I was saying, like, is he does he feel like his life is threatened?
Speaker 4: Well, no, I don't think he had, So I get what you're saying. I don't think he had the things he needed to kill him to create that concoction.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it was. Yeah, so I disagree with that. Oh remember Memento Maury, and then remember the what he said to Spike in the last film. Kelson doesn't want to kill anybody. Kelson believes that life is precious. He's like Morgan from Walking Down. So he didn't want to kill anybody. He just wanted them to leave. He only changed his mind when they started talking about killing people. Then he was like, oh, fuck, I can't do this. But as far as this scene goes, this is one of the greatest scenes I've seen in the movie in years. I'm glad I was in the theater by myself because I was fucking singing the whole because I was like, first of all, the cinematography was amazing, the choreography was amazing, but this song choice was so perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was wondering because I know a lot of times people don't get that right for you.
Speaker 1: No, they got this perfect. But I was wondering they got this some right for you. The reason they got this so right And again, if this was near the Costa's decision, you are fucking brilliant, because first of all, this is one of the greatest metal songs of all time. I'll go ahead and get that out the way, one of the greatest Iron Maiden songs, one of the greatest heavy metal songs ever written. People cheering when they saw it, bru I was like, yo, let's go. They was excited about it. Here's the brilliant part about this. On surface, it's just some guy saying six six six, the Number of the Beast. But the song is not really about Satan if you read the lyrics, it's about a person losing their grip with reality. He says. Uh, he says, just what I saw in mild dreams? Were they reflections of my warped mind staring back at me. That goes to this movie, because in my dreams, they're always there, the evil the evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair. This is the movie that shit like, I hear that ship. But okay, if you if you actually sat down and read the lyrics for this song, and then you would get why I think that this is a brilliant, brilliant, fucking They could have picked anything. They could have picked Metallica, they could have picked Slayer, they could have picked anything. Oh god, yeah this wasn't this. But the second I saw when he went into his bunker and he picked up the Number of the Beast album, I was like, oh, ship, that is fucking brilliant, brilliant. So yes, I was in the fucking theater like, yo, this is this is too good man.
Speaker 3: I blessed this to eleven or something like that. He said, I forgot the number he said, but he was he's going.
Speaker 1: To that's a reference to like spinal tap amplifiers guitar, and in spinal Tap they're like, Noah, turn that ship up to eleven. So that's always been like a heavy metal turn your ship up to eleven as possible.
Speaker 3: So I was like, why did he say it specifically? But yeah, that that makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's why. So I love little details like that. After the song, Kelson tries to move forward with the plan to pretended he's Satan and send the Fingers off, which to kind of give the Fingers a renewed trust in Sir Jimmy. However, Kelson realizes that that is Spike, and he changes his mind about the plan because he realized they're about to go off and kill other people. Now this is where I think things get real heady. I'm gonna start with Ken because I want Rob to think about this for a minute. So, Ken, what did you think about what went down in this scene when he asked him to sacrifice himself? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know that's where he was going to go. I thought initially he was going to say my last command, and Jimmy's face was like.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about No, I think that's it. You know. I thought he was gonna say was to leave the kid, leave Spike with me. I did too, I did too. I didn't think he.
Speaker 4: Was gonna be like, nah, you need to kill yourself, which is also interesting because he doesn't want to kill people. So you know, if you're asking somebody to kill yourself, commit suicide, what do you think about that? But nevertheless, but I think it was also a way to get rid of the threat because this guy was saying that because Jimmy added on, I wanted to increase my my.
Speaker 1: Thus Jimmy added to multiple hands.
Speaker 4: Jimmy added that ship on later right in the moment. That wasn't part of the script either. So yeah, because you can see him getting concerned, so tying all this in about him not wanting people to die blah blah blah, it made it made additional sense because he looked concerned about it.
Speaker 1: But when he saw Spike, he was like, this is a problem.
Speaker 4: But asking him to kill himself, you know, was one of a test of faith. And then I think it would also make them question Jimmy as well, because it was like, well, Ship, if you won't kill yourself and you're telling us all this bullshit about old Nick. Then do you actually have the faith that you say you have if you won't go through to act yourself and this is your father, this is Satan. We know the religion, but you're not following that. You're not following the script yourself. And it also revealed that he was he was Bush.
Speaker 1: And the whole time too.
Speaker 4: So definitely a very interesting turn that I did not see coming at all.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize they said kill you. I didn't realize he said told Jimmy to kill himself. I thought he was telling okay, he.
Speaker 1: Told he told the fingers that he needed to be sacrificed. Yes, because he's supposed to be my son. I want him to be sacrificed. So he didn't necessarily say to Jimmy, I need to go kill yourself, oh ship, yeah yeah, yeah. He didn't turn the burner on.
Speaker 3: All cold, just just is just soaking in the water, overcooked.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, I didn't. I thought I missed something. That's why I ain't stop you or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you gotta cut me off, go ahead, No, but no, this was this was an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: Whatever. I didn't I didn't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you're going with it, So I'll just I'll just defer to you. You're about to let the church down, sacrificial lambs. What do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: Okay, first thing, Uh, remember I told you what sir Jimmy Jimmy Crystal's name is. What are his initials? Then? God, damn j C, j C Jesus Christ. Did you notice where he stabbed.
Speaker 3: You're talking about like you're talking about when he hung him upward tailed him to the Christ.
Speaker 1: He was? Who else was stabbed in the ribs? Jesus? You letting the whole church down? Bro? This is why Drew keep be doing y'all like this. I was like, this is crazy. This is crazy. Right after he tells him and he needs to be sacrificed, he stabs Kelson unfortunately, and then Spike is the one that delivers the death blow and he stabs him in the ribs, which is the same place that Jesus Christ was stabbed in when he was on the cross. But okay, only a few more scenes here, fellas, all right, what did you think of the conversation between Spike and Kelson? As Kelson was dying and this this kind of goes back to I'll just tell y'all the momental mory thing, which basically means remember death or remember that we all must die. Yeah. Did did y'all find this part powerful and all? Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 3: For sure it was hard seeing Kelson die, but yeah, I felt like that's what made it that much more impactful and strong of a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was.
Speaker 4: Concerned because this whole time, Sampson over there whooping ass. So at one point I thought Sampson was going to come back through and kind of think, you know, I kind of liked that it didn't go that way, but I thought it was kind of beautiful honestly, him when he passes and he's dead, he's with the rest of the skulls. So when they kind of, you know, zoomed out, I was like, oh man, that's kind of dope how.
Speaker 1: They did that. So I thought that was that was done.
Speaker 4: You have the whole time Jimmy upside down to my wif you forsaken me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well that's the next part, yes, before you get there. Though, I did like.
Speaker 3: That Kelson was able to get the satisfaction of that of Samson telling him thank you.
Speaker 1: Before those it worked, so I thought, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was good. I did think that was cool as fuck too. But yes, so, as Sir Jimmy is in agony, crucified on the cross, Samson shows up and takes Kelson away after thanking him. What did y'all think of Sir Jimmy's final moments? So, since we already talked about Calson's final moments.
Speaker 3: This was satisfying as well for me, like to see him, I was. I was surprised they they followed through with this, but I thought it was a really really really good way to basically kill his character off.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think he just really needs to be around for one movie. I think, you know, I expected Samson to show up and just rip him apart. Me too, you know, because first of all, his supplies cut off, and like he said, thank you, you know, he thanked him, so he's kind of back to himself.
Speaker 1: But then I also was like, this shit, is he reinfected too?
Speaker 4: So I didn't know what was going on, but seeing him upside down, thought about why are you forsaking me? Et cetera, et cetera, Like is it again now because I remember, I'm still thinking it's a con.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, ship is he is he really believing that ship I was telling you. Con.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why he saw him. He saw.
Speaker 1: So he just got it wrong. Oh.
Speaker 4: So you think when he saw Sampson walking up, he thought that was on Nick.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, he saw Samson walking up, he saw him as the devil. Because at first I was like, what is what is that? And then when he got closer and it was I was like, oh, ship, that's him seeing Samson as old Nick. Okay, damn, you need to rewatch this. Yeah, and you know what, the Father, why have you forsaken? Anything comes from right, the Bible? Right, the Bible right, you should know. Come on now, yeah, just like leaving him on earth to die. But who said it? Jesus? Thank you God. I mean, come on, I'm just saying yes, yeah, so yeah, so Jesus says this while he's dying on the cross, this whole Father. But remember in the first movie, well the first twenty eight years later, Sir Jimmy says it when he's under the ground and he sees his actual father getting killed. Y'all remember that part at the beginning of the film or whatever. Do remember he says, Father, why have you forsaken me? So now we're getting a repeat of that scene. But here's the ship that fucked me up. Are y'all familiar with Saint Peter? Okay, go ahead, only again. The only reason I know is because I'm a nerd. But Saint Peter was one of the people that was crucified on a cross upside down. Oh oh oh wait, No, I did not know that. Yeah, there were very few people that were done that way, but he was one of the ones that were. He was crucified upside down. So I had to write this part down because this shit was bugging me. St Peter, who I mean? Yeah? What did he do? He was one of Jesus's first apostles. Jesus called him and his brother Andrew to be fishers of men and this is a term used by Jesus to call for his flock. Wait term used by Jesus to call his flock. Instead of catching fish, they would catch people for God by sharing the gospel, bringing them into the Christian faith and making disciples. And it means actively spreading the message of Jesus to lead others to faith and eternal life. Who does that sound like? Does that not sound like Sir Jimmy? It does. It's the same ship that Sir Jimmy was doing. And they crucified Saint Peter upside down. They crucified Sir Jimmy.
Speaker 4: It's a smart movie, uh, which is great because I like smart movies like that. Like you said, those little details, the thing about it that sit in the Saint Peter in the Bible.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Saint peters in the Bible the Dead Sea scrolls next to g anywhere you got it there the extended version of the Bible, like the Lossya scrolls. Yeah, I think he might have been hold on.
Speaker 4: So they edited. We need to take that out. We on need that story of Saint Peter, uh, snatching up people, right, we need to change the fish or something. We can't have taking up snatching up people. No, it ain't how doesn't need to go.
Speaker 1: Saint Peter's in the Bible.
Speaker 3: He's in the New Testament being hung upside Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John but crucified us side down.
Speaker 1: He's in. He's one of the few people that was crucified upside down. Mm hmm. Damn. They didn't teach me nothing.
Speaker 4: And in Sunday School Ride, I didn't get that lesson get down and that I remember.
Speaker 1: Ye Oh, I didn't know this part. He was crucified upside down in Rome at his own request as he felt unworthy to die in the same manner as Jesus. So, so, who's from you upside down? Hm? Wow? Yep, the acts of Saint Peter. And it's symbolized by the inverted cross that humility. Oh no, Jesus Christ. No, because it's in the Old Testament, isn't it. I can't remember. Well, anyways, I thought that shit blew my mind. That shit blew my fucking mind. I was like, this movie is very is it's doing a lot of detail. But this now, again, this is just me saying this shit. I don't know if this is really what they were thinking, but I can't imagine the fucking coincidence. So this is the last scene.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Basically, the movie ends with us seeing Jim from twenty eight days later and his daughter Sam talking before seeing Spike and Jimmy Ink whose name is actually Kelly, running from some infected and the movie ends with Jim going out there and Sam asking are you going to help them? And he says of course, and then it ends. So what did y'all think of how it ended?
Speaker 3: No, I thought that was that was especially knowing that that's and I had an inkling that that might have been the guy like somebody from the first movie. But now it's when I looked up to Selena girl, I was like, yeah, of course it was him, but he was younger obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was like, oh man, that is a really really nice detail. So, yeah, they're franchising this out, but now I like it. I like it though.
Speaker 1: It makes me interested to see what's gonna happen next. They're doing three, right, they're doing one more hopefully after that they end this because I don't want them to funck this up.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, so that made the ending better because it feels like there's a progression for me in terms of like the movies getting better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I ever rewatched the first one. I wanted to rewatch it before I went I saw.
Speaker 5: This one, but because I feel it overboard with that first one, well, they cleaned it up, but I felt like it would have been I felt like watching him like that would have really added to it.
Speaker 1: I just I regretted, but I had limited window. I didn't have enough time.
Speaker 4: But anyway, but I'm like, okay, I like this one more than the first one. And I said, I it's an I got.
Speaker 1: I'm with him coming back.
Speaker 4: I said, I should like the third one, so I hopefully so. I like where they're going with it in terms of connecting all of these and you know, with with bringing him.
Speaker 1: Back, because I'm starting to dig him.
Speaker 4: As an actor watching him in Peeka Blinders and stuff, so you know he's really good. Yeah yeah, and going to help them, which is you know, I think and she left people uh Kathy, Kathy, Well that guy got himself killed. But tying you back to the first one where you know, what was the lady's name where Nicole, when she said will we help somebody if they're in trouble, they were like no, yeah, yeah, he was like, of.
Speaker 1: Course we're gonna help, which I'm surprised why.
Speaker 4: Because that exposes them Huh, that exposes them to risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's always been his personality. He wants to help. He does not want to see people die, and I think that that is setting up what's gonna happen in the next film, because just like you said, Kathy left and that is not Kathy's m o. Kathy's like, I'm not fucking risking my life for y'all motherfuckers, even though she kind of did by throwing that hook into that chick's head. But there there understanding of how the world works is if I see somebody dying or getting attacked, I'm not gonna go help you. But Jim's his motto has always been I'm going to help because even in the first one, he could have just bounced and left Selena and the other girl whose name I can't remember from the first film. He could have left both of them there and just left, but he didn't. He came back and almost died to free them. So when they showed I heard his voice and I was like, oh shit, that's Jim. That's Jim. And when he walked on screen, I was like, man, come on, bro, let's go. Let's go. And even though I don't always love cliffhanger movies, I thought the Cliffhanger was perfect.
Speaker 4: It was it was good, it was perfect, it was good. Did they ate him up a little bit? So that's how he looked like, Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean twenty eight days later came out and two thousand something two thousand one.
Speaker 4: So you know what I forgot about and you just said it, I bro I forgot.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen Kathy since she left right out the gate two thousand and two. But the two that are in trouble, that Spike and Jimmy in Okay, all right, yeah, make sure. So we don't know where Kathy's at. Okay, we have no idea whe Kathy's at, but there's no way they introduce Kathy and they're not going to bring her back. So I think in the next film she's gonna come back for her get back. Damn.
Speaker 4: That's kind that's actually kind of cool that Kathy left and we don't know where she at.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's that's that's actually a pretty good world. But I like that. Wait, so it's Kathy from the first one too, Okay, right, Well, we don't know anything about Kathy except what we saw in this film. Okay, so right now we have Kathy, we have jim and his daughter. We don't know where Selena is, and we don't know if the other little girl from the first twenty eight days Later, we don't know if she is around either, right, we only see Jim and his daughter, right, his daughters clearly from from Selena. I mean unless he went and got Hi, another black woman, but that's unlikely. Yeah, and then and then we still have the village people, right, the village. Yes, yes, because we did not go. We did not back at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm was surprised they didn't. We didn't revisit that at all. It's just we just have Spike yep, yep.
Speaker 1: And y'all. Did we talk about the fact that that who the actor is that plays Sir Jimmy. No, that's the same dude that was in Sinners. Oh shit, I did look that up. I didn't remember him, but it's crazy. That was the main white guy, the main vampire who was also I think his name was cult in skins Uk, which I have said probably one hundred fifty times on the show that everybody needs to watch because it's fucking incredible skins Uk. A lot of the best actors you know come from that show. But yes, man, this this shit was fucking great. I cannot wait for the third one, man. Yeah, why you like it as much as you do? It's so much better than the first one. It's so much better than the first one. The story is better, the directing is better. I'm glad nead A Costa got to do this because her name was not held in high regard after the Marvels. But she came back and was like, no, let me show y'all motherfuckers what I do. And she killed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a really good time or two with someone of the jump scares, like when Jamie was hanging upside down, like I noticed, motherfucker about the pop back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot to mention that. Yeah, he was actually killed. He he saw Satan or what he thought was Satan and said, why have you forsaken me? Satan walked off and he's killed by a regular ass infected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's killed about Sampson, Right, it was Sampson that came back and killed him, Right, It.
Speaker 1: Was just it was a regular infecting. Because Samson's not a murderer. He's not. He has no reason to kill him. He doesn't even know who that guy is. He has no idea if that guy killed Kelson because he wasn't there. Yeah, so there'd be no real reason for him to kill him. He just left with Sampson with Kelson's body. What would be great is if they show that Samson has learned the problem. I don't think they'll do all this, but if Samson's learned the process of boiling the skin off and then putting the skull. But I don't know that that would be a bit much problem. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but but but Spike mich go back and do it, that would be dope.
Speaker 4: Kelson's uh formula he I think he wrote that down too, So that's in the bunker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they should have that. There's gonna be a reason for them to go back there. Yeah. Yeah, So ain't last thoughts before we wrap this up. No, I'm glad. I'm glad the movies are getting better. I'm glad the movies are getting better.
Speaker 4: I'll definitely watch it with all of this extra added info uh on top. I think it'll be good and I definitely want to watch them order, but definitely unapproven for the first one. Yeah, I just want to read it rate.
Speaker 3: Then I'm glad they didn't follow that theme of the last one, you know, because they had that hokey music playing and ship and it made them seem really silly.
Speaker 1: I agree, And so you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I was like, yeah, they abandoned that whole thing that. Like I said, that was my concern coming into this. I'm like, man, they're gonna have that whole shit going on. I don't know about this like that. You gotta be a badass.
Speaker 1: If they If they would have left that stupid music out of the first one and they wouldn't have had them jumping around like Power Ranger, it would have been fucking great. Yeah yeah, yeah, but yeah, I'm with you. I'm glad they abandoned that whole There was no real comic relief in here. Even the fit the fingers. They weren't acting silly. They were actually fucking intimidating. No, it's real they were. I was like, oh man, this is good, this is good. I'm glad. I walked out of the theater happy because I was. I was walking into the theater not wanting to watch this. Yeah you know. So, so yeah, I'm glad everybody at least liked it. I fucking loved it. So definitely let us know what y'all thought, Drop some comments, share it with a friend or two, and we'll see y'all next time. And don't forget to tell Spike that he needs to talk about these zombie dicks, so spam him as much as you can. All Right, we'll see y'all next time. Peace,