Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to another episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. My name is Kennedy, and joining me on the show, I have Rod, Spike and Mike.
Speaker 1: Uh. We are back this.
Speaker 2: Week talking about the new Predator movie Predator bad Lands. Uh we were some of us was less uh thans to watch.
Speaker 1: It, so we accused be curious to see if you look at me.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was just trying to look around the room. I just I just in my line of sight.
Speaker 1: You asked, I wasn't gonna mention it. You're right, I did ask for.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, man, it's it's the new movie by Dan Trackenberg. He did, uh, Killer of Killers, Yep, you know he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this one was written by Patrick Alice Allison Alson. There's no l and uh stars Eli Fanning and some dude named Demetrius.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me turn my brightness.
Speaker 4: She's the Colder family's sister, right, Yeah she was?
Speaker 1: It is it El Fanning?
Speaker 2: Yes, she looked like the girl from Secession for a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She's on a new show too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just finished. That was good.
Speaker 2: It was it was fire. You're watching a polaribus watching tonight. That that first episode.
Speaker 1: That first episode, that first episode was crazy, some new show Apple TV. Yeah, yeah, I watched last night. I was like, Yo, this ship is nuts.
Speaker 2: So it got me. It was good got me. It might be a week the week or from me. But anyway, we're not here to talk about that. We're talking about this movie, which is.
Speaker 1: About a runt.
Speaker 2: Named Dak who is trying to prove himself to his father behinnting a creature called the Callusk, and Trattenberg said before released that this would be more mythic the then military.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, so I didn't know that. Okay, Yeah, he was trying to set the table for folks before they went in. I wish I would have seen that though. Yeah. But you did that work for you? Though? Did the help?
Speaker 4: I mean that context helps definitely, because.
Speaker 3: You know, we we grew up in the eighties, so I'm thinking about the militant gotcha, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So this was a shift for me to try to accept what was happening.
Speaker 1: So but now are you asking me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean before we get into the details, I mean, did it did like bad Lands?
Speaker 1: Uh? Did it work? Did it work for you? I thought it was cool.
Speaker 3: It's not something like, oh man, you know, you got to go see this in the theaters. I think if I would have saw this on Netflix or streaming, that probably would have probably would have been like, Okay, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: It's something to kind of watch on on on TV.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a movie. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's get your money out and go to the movie. And he said it's a streamer. I think it's a streamer.
Speaker 1: I think that's it should have been that too, theater streaming. And then I don't know what's bootleg. I guess because Pray was streaming that Killer that the Killers were streaming, this should have been streaming too. That's how it's how I felt about it. The fun streamer for you? He said it was fun.
Speaker 4: I think it was still fun though, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What about your spike? Did you like it? Uh? I did?
Speaker 5: I thought I was going into it with little to no context and the ceiling being at the floor, the bar being at the floor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the ceiling is the roof, the roof.
Speaker 5: But no, I enjoyed it. I was like, like I did. It was the food, A fun time at the movies. I went to the the Adobe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was live. That was the first time I did that. So and I liked the story. It was cool.
Speaker 5: I feel like, I'm not a big Predator fan and don't know a lot of the mythology of it, so getting to see a lot of that stuff was cool. How he hunted and this was how they was like ultimate bad ass, the Dad and the brother ship like all of that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I enjoyed it. It was good, good theater movie for me.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 4: Oh, so it was a good theater I enjoyed the experience.
Speaker 1: I can get real quick.
Speaker 4: I can give it that for the sound effects and stuff, and.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. Yeah, that was hearing the leaves and ship move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that part was cool. I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: What about you, Mike m I don't think there's enough words in the dictionary to tell you how much I hated this movie.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I fucking hated this movie. Do you like preadi Rees franchise? Do you like the Predator franchise? Yeah? Yeah, I like it a lot, And I've really this is the thing with this movie. I know this is based on the comics because they were very explanatory in the comics. I don't want to see Predator talking about this is my brother and making jokes and oh, I gotta go fucking fight my father. And then let's oh, y'all heard that show Mandalorian, We're gonna do a version of that with a predator and a little fucking monster baby thing. But and this fucking comic relief with the elf. No no. I was irritated for the whole two hours, fucking woke ass predator, who the fuck wants to see Predator talking about, Oh, I'm gonna go back and save your mama, Get the fuck out of here. Predator should have killed all of them. Interesting little snaggle two ash Predator, dunk is Mama coming? Yeah. I was with Mike Man, I think halfway through it, I'm like, yo, I'm sorry already. Man. When that motherfucking she was a gay android, I did too, because that was like I didn't too playing the same woman less bar. I was like, that's interesting, she's a lesbian cyborg. Yeah. I was like, yo, what the hell? Yeah that was the same one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I was tripping the whole movie like.
Speaker 1: Two different white ones.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Like, I think they were probably gonna write that in there, and then halfway through they switched to the sister.
Speaker 1: They had to because something else made sense. I was like, why is she acting like this? And you ain't even got no bottom no more, so, how are you gonna do anything? I was so confused. I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: For inclusion, but this is different. Fine, we can go with that. This new world of a I guess we live in it. I guess we robot's gonna really take over now they reproduce or whatever. Uh, but anyway, they just make another one. Just oh, they're trying to prove to the to the they could just create a other they you know, they just build it.
Speaker 1: That was the only thing I found interesting until they said that that's not what was going on. When when I thought that she was a lesbian cyborg, I was like, this is fucking interesting. Where are you all gonna go with this? And they're like, no, it's my sister. Okay, I'm good, I'm out cool. I need I need to kill the motherfuckers. He was killings. This motherfucker was sorry, He's sorry as hell, was sorry. He came on the planet recking ship when this nigga fought a whole wood force his brother his ass. He beat his brother, his brother kicked him down to damn his brother.
Speaker 4: Bro, he kicked his brother down because I'm not dead.
Speaker 1: That was that was that was. That was him. Like he was a run Yeah, he was a run.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a good like story about a run like because they only like they do kill the runts off for some ship like that or they they just.
Speaker 1: Regard he was supposed to be that they should have. But I liked that story. I liked the story because of the you know, the run, the ugly ducking type thing. They all ugly, bro, but you know, so it's one ugly than the rest. Disregard it.
Speaker 2: The action scene was it was cool seeing the pred of this fight and maybe that's part of the ritual. I didn't know at the time. I thought he was just trying to earn his cloak. I didn't know he was trying to prove himself to his father. Yeah, you know, because he was a runt, bro.
Speaker 3: That's why he's trying to go get you know, prove himself by go in and get the big whatever the ship called.
Speaker 1: Or whatever. So, yeah, that was his whole thing.
Speaker 4: He wanted to prove that like, yo, I'm small, but like I can do this ship too well.
Speaker 1: He couldn't, but he did. Yo.
Speaker 3: He cut that motherfucker ahead. I know that's skipping to the end, but god damn, like he had a plan.
Speaker 1: He had a plan.
Speaker 2: He should First of all, Quay was stupid as hell. He should have killed the runt like you died for your brother.
Speaker 1: That's admirable. I guess. Yeah, that was already a bad start. Really, y'all didn't like that part.
Speaker 4: Now, which is present.
Speaker 1: No, I don't really know much about the law because I didn't, like I said, I didn't read the comments because of that, I don't need to know anything about why they're killing people. I know that they like the hunt, and that's all I need to know. I don't want to see no fucking family talk with predators. What I don't want to I didn't want to see that either. Once I got past that, I was good. You get past it, because it just it's made it worse. It started off bad where they're talking, oh, you know you're my brother. We're play fighting in the fucking cave. Then we get outside and the dad's like, hey, bro, why he didn't kill him. I'm gonna save my brother. You're gonna just chop my arm off, and I'm gonna die because I'm gonna save my brother. Why why are you saving him? If he's sorry as hell? And you know he's sorry as hell? Why are you dying for? You'll be strong? Daddy whooped your ass? You'll be strong?
Speaker 4: Cheated though, Why.
Speaker 1: You don't have a cloak? That's cheating? How come quaid and a cloak?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what way? Damn quote a bad start for me. Brother, Right, is not gonna open like you are trying to get out? He was off trying to get Yes, he was. He's so stupid he thought was gonna open. He was trying though, Right, what're you gonna do to dad? Just together they can beat him after he chopped his arm off, Yeah, he then he had the other two. No, no, but I'm with you though on the start, like like, I did have.
Speaker 3: To suspend that because because I'm used, like said, I'm used to the old press.
Speaker 4: Like he just come in, no dialogue, He just fucking motherfuckers up with the militant dudes or whatever.
Speaker 3: And that wasn't this like this morning, they talking and all of the story.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh man, I'm not gonna like this. But then like, yeah, yeah, because you don't have that type of back. Yeah, see the old like he didn't motherfucking and say ship. He came in plucking motherfuckers off, didn't know why he was doing it. Yeah, you didn't know why he was doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read they created this whole language and stuff like that, and whoever was who you know, kind of worked through how to say it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was weird, you know, especially when you like when Papa Predator showed.
Speaker 5: Up, Yeah, regulating, Like I thought, I told you this little niggas, like why he's still running around.
Speaker 1: They did look like that because they had the dress, the white.
Speaker 5: Dreads and ship we always they was black black because the dreads definitely black. But I liked it, I guess because since I didn't have context to your point, I like like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's interesting.
Speaker 3: That's a good perspective because like we have the different you know, we're not we used to the motherfucking no no talking, none of that ship.
Speaker 1: They're doing the same ship with Predator. They an alien. It's like, I don't need to see remember at the end of Alien Earth when they fucking tamed to flying over the I was just like, bro, why are y'all doing this? Why can't we just have these things that are just vicious and brutal and we don't know why they're vicious and brutal, like you explain, Oh, their their predators and they hunt on different places. All right, of course all I need to know. But now I got Oh, y'all got daddy issues, and one of them needs therapy, and one of them needs a dentist because he broke a tooth off.
Speaker 4: Why are we doing this? Why are we doing this to make another movie? They could have been another movie with them still being brutal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like he yeah, Prey was fine because that's what he did. It was. He was a fucking.
Speaker 4: Killer killer killers was good, Yes.
Speaker 1: And we'll get to the end. The end infuriated me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he as a protagonist, it worked for y'all.
Speaker 1: But yeah, alright, cool.
Speaker 2: But then he went and asked this damn island, and I don't know how in the hell y'all think he managed the whoop.
Speaker 1: Groups ass he did.
Speaker 2: Serious, That damn tree thing stole all his weapons and then was tossing his ass all over the blaze.
Speaker 1: The only thing Deck did was run.
Speaker 4: But he still had to figure it out in real time?
Speaker 1: Is what I like? What's to figure out? This thing is attacking me? But then the other one is coming from that way. He had to go that way where the big rock mountain thing was this way until he figured out, okay, maybe they can't if I get on high ground.
Speaker 4: And then he finally like, okay, I gotta run up this motherfucker or.
Speaker 1: Get out of the forest.
Speaker 3: How you just get out of the forest that's attacking you.
Speaker 1: That's what he was trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Man, I felt like he held hell his own spoke to how good of a hunter he was and said.
Speaker 1: When he was not situation, I was like that ain't gonna make it. And there were many moments where he was struggling like that ship, like that planet was kicking his ass.
Speaker 4: The only thing that was kicking his ass with a spike, And.
Speaker 1: How fucking stupid are you? What the fucking bird thing was smart?
Speaker 2: And how stupid are you when you have this damn cyboard?
Speaker 1: Tell your ass what the hell is going?
Speaker 3: Because he traveled along like he said, like don't need your help, like I'm an apex predator, I don't need.
Speaker 1: Your health, right, he was not at all. You're a dplex predator, You suck dude. How was he supposed to get out the fucking little the spiky guarden thing with the paradactical drive walk around he had to go through though I don't think he had to.
Speaker 4: That was all around him.
Speaker 1: He had to go through that ship. He was just do. He could go around like he's trying to be all quiet and ship.
Speaker 4: I'll go to it, think y'all.
Speaker 5: Because they said this planet was like the number like nobody even goes here.
Speaker 1: That's my point. Why did he go? I got to prove myself he is a runt and they already said that the call callousk he said, has killed multiple other.
Speaker 3: Everyone that came. No, no predator has left there. So why would your dumb ass go Because he's like, look y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't think I'm about the life. He's not. He's not. He made it. No, not by himself.
Speaker 4: He that little mother fucker nutted in his face.
Speaker 2: Right now when I'm so, I don't know, like she said, what this thing does is he throwed it, which was brilliant, but throw the rocks and aggravate the plants, and the plants could have punk your ass and then you're gonna fall down and it happens quick, and then it's gonna eat him. And what does he do, Spike exactly what he said he was gonna do.
Speaker 1: He tried to walk. What was he supposed to do? Out of what? Damn? That's why he gave her the web like all right, God damn, he.
Speaker 2: Should He should have turned his ass around because she she she didn't say that it will eat your ass, regardless.
Speaker 1: She said it has to paralyze you. First, back your ass up and walk around, and then back your ass up and then kill the pterodactyl thing and then maybe give another shot. He could have tried to kill the cherodactyl pterodactical thing first. He keeps saying terodactical to call me out.
Speaker 3: No, it's just funny. The terodactyl. He could have killed the final way to kill that first. Yes, I agree, Now I will give y'all that. Just throw some ship up there and fucking get rid of So he could have did that.
Speaker 1: But at this point I was like, this motherfucker sorry, because he's just stupid.
Speaker 4: That that ship was a real threat.
Speaker 1: That's and he lost. He did lose. He was dead. No, he he he lost, he lost, but at least he but he he he humbled himself and gave her the weapon so she can get.
Speaker 3: Loose and help him. Yeah, she did, and that she I like. I like her hell rebrand. He's like, look, you can use me as.
Speaker 1: A tool because he look, it can't be somebody else helping him. He's like, no, yo has a tool. But he knew. That's how he made it work for himself. Yeah, he did make it work for himself. But that was smart. He's like, okay, I'll use you as a tool. That's how it racist a little bit why, I don't know. This felt like very much like black dot com or something. He's like, you're that's all you are. You're a tool, A little like you're a tool, nothing more, nothing less. I'm gonna put you on my back and carry your around Jesus up and everything. I didn't need the comic relief from her, like the Yeah, that was a little much. It took. That took. That also took some getting used to. I was like, this is a lot of dialogue from her.
Speaker 2: So, so y'all don't like the partnership. It was pretty much a good portion of the movie was damn kind of.
Speaker 5: Like a buddy cop movie. Yeah, that's exactly what it turned into. But I didn't Again, I didn't have context, so I didn't hate it. I didn't know what Predator wasn't supposed to be. Like, can't a single Predator movie.
Speaker 4: That's in I seen the old one back in the day.
Speaker 1: That's all you need.
Speaker 4: From Rocket was in there, right, yeah yeah, Carl.
Speaker 1: Weathers, Yeah that's really legendary. Handshake you a no. Yeah, so this that's different then that's different from this.
Speaker 5: It's been so long though, I thought that they were just my thought processing and what maybe Okay, I thought they were just furthering the franchise, just trying to make it more probably kid friendly, do more marketing behind it.
Speaker 4: Didn't make the part too.
Speaker 5: It just trying to make it away from sci fi action to kid friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean it's it's and for a lot of people at work, I see a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Do like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen a lot of good reviews.
Speaker 2: So it's being received really well. But yeah, I mean she she was a lot. She was definitely took some getting used to. I was really hoping she would tell us more about the planet and the creatures and stuff that was on there, because she said that that's what she does, But she didn't outside of the razor Grass, was it.
Speaker 1: That was also my issue if other predators have gone there, because like it seems like in all the other movies, the predators would like study the plan or maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought they would say that the predators would study the planet and kind of know what's there before it goes. So none of them knew what was on this planet. None of them knew there was fucking blade grass. None of them knew that there was a p terodactyl that might fuck you up. None of them knew that there was little blow dart things. How did you even know the fucking calyx thing was there? I think they knew. I think Deck didn't, though, right, So why would he fucking volunteer to go to this particular fucking planet when much bitter and better Yok's done gone and not came back. You're not proving yourself, You're fucking setting yourself up to die.
Speaker 5: I think he felt like that was the only thing that would have proved him. It was the only thing that would have brought He couldn't have went to any other planet and killed any other predator.
Speaker 1: And Nim still looked at.
Speaker 4: Because even his father, because his father.
Speaker 1: Was basically I was like, I'm not going there so I don't die. But see that makes me think his brother's even stupider than he, then y'all do, because his brother should have went hand and just killed him. Then his brother should be like, wait, you're gonna go to that planet?
Speaker 4: And his brother tried to press something on the thing. It way he wasn't gonna go there, right.
Speaker 1: No, he sent him there. So that's what I'm saying. It's like if you're if if my dad says I need to kill you and I don't want to do it because I love you, but then you say you're going to a planet where you're surely going to die.
Speaker 5: But then he died for nothing. He was arguing with him at first though, he was like, no, you're not going there, bro, Bro.
Speaker 1: He knew his brother wasn't gonna survive. He absolutely knew his brother think.
Speaker 5: So I think it was the last resort for him to send him when he pressed the cold because his dad was gonna kill.
Speaker 1: He could have sent him anywhere. Why would he say right? Because the brother is stupid. He should have been like, Bro, you're gonna die anyway, So why am I giving up my life for you? When you're gonna fucking die anyway. You're not only physically challenged, you're mentally challenged. You're so fucking stupid. You really think you're gonna be able to meet beat this planet? Let me just go ahead and kill you and get it over with quick. Everybody. This movie was done to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so so yeah, so they hook up right the right, He wrapped around and got this woman on his back, white woman on his back.
Speaker 1: Walking through the forest, I thought, there the blade? What is it? Glass? Uh?
Speaker 2: Razor grass? You don't like the razor grass? Were there any of the planets creatures that y'all like?
Speaker 1: I mean, Collus was dope.
Speaker 5: I think the college was that those little plants that we just got done talking about. The little worm that he picked up and blew up.
Speaker 1: He didn't like that either. Yeah. I just diemed like what they did with at the end. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, there was I was gonna come back around. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because he was running through and they were attacking him, and then she grabbed insects and fed it.
Speaker 1: They gave us the Yeah, so he fed. I guess whatever they were, they just want food. Just feed him. Why then he's supposed to know that.
Speaker 3: And I like how he was one of them ship says, it's like a little as a replacement for his last get there.
Speaker 1: That ship made me so mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was that. Uh, then he got to the forest and then he saw food. He was like, oh, if they can the callus can eat it, then I can eat it too.
Speaker 1: And then he tried.
Speaker 2: Then he got cut and then she told him that there was this big ass bug that was in the in the forest and the trees to not to take his ass in there, and what the hell.
Speaker 1: He do but to your thing? How else was he supposed to get past the raizor grass, stay on the ash the perimeter.
Speaker 2: You know what rod would I thought he could have did at the time I was watching it was when the bud.
Speaker 1: Thing went through there. Yeah, jump on his back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought he could have followed the trail, but I think the glass would have still been on the ground and I don't know if his shoes.
Speaker 1: Would Yeah, he would have still got He should have jumped on the whatever that thing was walking back and forth. He should have jumped on that thing's back. He did when he did at some point that was later when he was fighting it. Yeah, but I'm saying, to get through the blade grass, just jump on that thing's back and use him as a fucking He.
Speaker 2: Would have had to get there though. He couldn't get He couldn't get to him because I was walking over to It was in the middle, Yeah, it was in the middle. Yeah, but what do you guys think about this whole secrets? That's when we meet Bud. When we meet Bud, Bud comes through and did you guys suspect that?
Speaker 4: But was I like the secrets just like you give up, give up too easy?
Speaker 1: So he went to the trees to get to him. What about the tree bug that tried to eat him? The tree bug and that Bud.
Speaker 2: Saved his life with it with the little razor bat his teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was okay.
Speaker 3: I like when he split that ship in half, he powdered that sword through it, and that ship just fucking split the stomach like, I was like, yeah, that was a good scene.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 1: That was a good ass scene.
Speaker 4: And he ripped that ship apart like that big ass thing.
Speaker 1: Man, Come on man, Yeah, he saved Buzz's life. It exchange for ye. I still think he shouldn't have took his ass in that.
Speaker 2: Forest or whatever. It got to kill some stuff. So I get it. The planet gotta be a threat. The whole planet was a threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we get budd Man So Bud so now and and Theo whatever her name is.
Speaker 1: So they running around on their own adventures.
Speaker 3: It was very MANDALORIANI ish, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: To Mike said it did? You guys?
Speaker 2: Like though, when they're sitting around the campfire, when Bud was mimicking everything he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it's cute. The only part I liked Mike was when he replicated.
Speaker 4: The sword with fire and he was like, motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: He sh was funny because I was like, oh, you can't do this, motherfucker. That ship was funny.
Speaker 4: He was so proud of himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he spit on the pride. He should have killed that motherfucker.
Speaker 5: He always That's when I knew he was something important when he spent on him, because that was out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: It seems like it was a freak.
Speaker 4: Why knew he was marking his territory. I didn't know if that was like, uh, I know that was gonna come back around the way it did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, Uh, your sister was awakened Tessa. What y'all think about? Tessa too? Was a beast.
Speaker 5: I figured it would be some kind of showdown between her and predator.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But yeah, they Mike, did you like that whaling Utani was in here? No, it's the corporation from Aliens? Really, Yeah, that's the whole corporation throughout Alien Earth and all the other movies. That's the corporation that keeps sending people out there.
Speaker 4: Interesting, were they alien versus predators?
Speaker 1: So? Yep, they just it felt it felt shoehorned, like they just wanted some kind of cyborgs. They're like, well, it's just connected to the alien universe more. But it's like you didn't even do anything with it, And.
Speaker 4: That's what they're gonna They're gonna spound on that later.
Speaker 1: You saw what they did to new damn tree things. Yeah, they just burned motherfuckers up. Yeah, so are they better predators? And that's what they were trying to say. I guess, I don't know, but they got slapped around a little bit, but they of course corrected a sap. They took care of this.
Speaker 5: If they had been that long, they were more prepared, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been there. Yeah, they've learned the land. If you that motherfucker, you should be able to figure that shit out quick. Just was quick. He got chopped up, bro, he got chopped up, was bleeding a little green ship. He had to go fucking patch himself up and whatnot. Was crying on the fucking I like that he used the land to pat himself up. I thought he was dope man. Y'all, y'all give him the little young Jedi. Damn jedi got get the bail God that he's still learning.
Speaker 2: So anyway, after she discovered, you know, she found the remains of her team or whatever. Uh you know, uh, the uh contexts uh wayling you Tani, she basically betrayed, oh boy, and uh she's repairing herself, putting her legs back on and stuff like that. And then that's when that shit took forever too. It did, and that's when the callous came around.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did the explosion, like, man, I'm here, what's up?
Speaker 1: This ship was gangster man, So what about this fight because you mentioned it this fight earlier. Hell yeah, that's the ship's gangster. He was just like, let me create these explosions, like, look, motherfuck, I'm here, let's fight. He wanted to smoke. Yeah, he ain't back down at it. He wanted to smoke. He's like, yeah, your ass fucking.
Speaker 3: However big he is, He's like, I don't give a ship, I'm about to take you out.
Speaker 4: You couldn't tell him that he couldn't beat that thing. Yeah, that's the confidence.
Speaker 1: That's besides the point, is it? That was besides the point. Look, he's like, look, I came here for this and this only. Let's fight. And he did.
Speaker 4: He put he held his own.
Speaker 1: You don't think he held his own mic in this fight? He his own. Yeah he did. Okay, he had a plan. I think he did. I think he did well. He had a plan.
Speaker 2: But as soon as he chopped that motherfucker head that ain't dead, the mother grew back.
Speaker 1: How stupid he is, Like you thought it was gonna be that easy. All these other predators came in here and tried to fuck with this thing, and they all died.
Speaker 4: You really thought that's all you had to do.
Speaker 3: I just didn't understand why he sat around there and watched it connect reconnect what I was supposed to do, like throw the head like separate over there somewhere because it connected to his own head, and it's not like it grew another head, so it's just like just throw this ship away from the body.
Speaker 1: Like That's why I was confused. But it probably would have regenerated a whole new head to get through the head over there. Probably took a lot longer. They might have.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought was gonna happen, because you know, when he cut him the first time and this ship grew back, I was like, Oh, this motherfucker growing ship back.
Speaker 1: So you know the tail, which is normal, little very amphibious, yeah yeah, but the head, though, like, yeah, that's a whole different thing. Like, oh ship, this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Reattached was gonna do it like that? Like I just reached out just gra I was like, Yo, that's crazy. I thought it was just gonna grow back from like where it was cut off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that too. I was like, you know, I start attaching. I was like, oh, ship franking bigger. I'm sorry, I was trying not to interrupt. You had to stop, they said, Mona from the Joe Budden Show looks like Franken Berry.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no one knows who Franking Berry is.
Speaker 1: I had to see you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. No, yeah, that like, no, it's yeah. When that happened, I did like the fight. I just didn't understand why he sat back and watched. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: If you chopped off Spike's head damn and out and started growing, would you kick the head away?
Speaker 1: If I'm a predator, I'm like, I'm probably gonna start trying to brow his head back.
Speaker 5: I probably would say that, but probably was too heavy for him though, Like it was a big ass.
Speaker 1: Don't bring it back to the plans to show he killed it. Yeah, see he don't think he's stupid.
Speaker 2: Then to your point, right, yeah, you're kind of right, because that's what he needed, so he probably should have stopped it.
Speaker 4: Well, you just need to probably like to cut some off.
Speaker 1: No, you need the head because that that's they always they always chopped the head off. He thought, he did it too. He sure he did. Stupid ass he did though, don't motherfucker wait, what do you mean he did he? No, he stopped him. Was like, no, he did.
Speaker 4: He he fucking took him out until he mother just reg regenerated.
Speaker 1: Then he didn't take him out. I'm just saying, but I don't think anybody had gotten that far. How do we know that making up? He just making ship up for no reason with the head and that's what they without it because I think word just didn't get back that that could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he killed them all right, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't saying this that he hed his own chopped his head off that that you know, that's what I'm saying he did. He did. Yeah, I do agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think that when he did chop the head off one, I was like, Okay, he actually did it. But that's too easy. How is this thing unbeatable? Because that's what everybody kept saying, you cannot kill this thing. And if thea as knew that ship, she should have said some ship. But then it was like, oh, that's why they can kill it. That made sense now while this thing was unbeatable. So and then at that point when he started sniffing, I was like, I'll be damn yes, that's when I put two and two together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, well that was convenient convenient, Yeah, yeah it was. It was because he should have been but soon.
Speaker 2: But Tessa was smart and she took the I guess ice criss ice bomb or whatever and froze that motherfucker that.
Speaker 1: Was That was tight. She has a predator's weapon. It is a predator's weapon because that was on the ship. That was on the ship that crashed. Yeah, fringing willdom motherfucker touch.
Speaker 2: He jumped, he jumped out of the ship. Remember he ejected out of the out of the ship.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Whiney wait wait wait wait oh that's right. He jumped down that little fucking bike thing, that little see through glass bike thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that almost got But honestly, Mike, I don't think he was smart. He would have been smart enough to figure that out.
Speaker 1: No, he was, he was going.
Speaker 4: They showed the whole sequence of him checking the ship.
Speaker 1: He had.
Speaker 4: I don't know, He's like, I could use this probably for that he knew.
Speaker 1: You think it would have he would have used the ice bomb on I think so he'd have chopped the head off him, like damn, I'm gonna do now and try to chop it off again. I think he would have used it. Yeah. So this is when, uh man, when Tessa said, put her ass in a box. Yeah, that ship was funny to me.
Speaker 4: This gad was all in too.
Speaker 1: The other chick.
Speaker 4: The other chick was all in. It's like you're my sister. She was like, put her in the box.
Speaker 1: She was annoying, which one uh thea Tessa was dope, Yeah, I thought was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because she was you know about the experiment on deck and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Deck of course is captured. Uh they got the.
Speaker 2: Callous and you know, at this point, THEO basically had to convince she realized she was wrong, and she had to convince the uh no Tessa to basically let.
Speaker 4: Him go, but she was not going for yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's where I had to convince him that he was playing with this toy which basically blew up and then he jumped out. And then that's when he went and basically turned into Rainbow wait to Win and got the environment.
Speaker 1: God. Oh yea, that's why you said you didn't like this part? Why did you like this part by wait, would have got the eel? That didn't make any sense because how did it just became his friend? Yeah, because he fed it, But that doesn't make like he can't talk to the fucking eel. He fed the eel, that's all he did. Next thing, you know, he's able to direct the eel to shoot people. Hi, did the eel note, don't shoot bud Hi? Did the eel know, hey, don't shoot thea oh, but shoot the thing behind?
Speaker 3: It's just stupid. That part is sid when you said, like, I didn't think about that. How did he was able to make give.
Speaker 1: It the commands? If anything, they should have just had him like fucking squeeze it and usually has a gun or something. But the fact that he actually like put it on his shoulder and it became his buddy, It's like, all right, man, Like this is this is silly now. I mean, granted, it's sucking predator aliens and stuff, so it's already silly, but this ship was just over the top. For me. I'm like, this is dumb.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, using the darts the little yeahs that makes sense. Yeah, And the other thing he found when he ran from the trees that he picked up and threw away. I think they wrapped in leaves. I thought those were cool because it was it was cool when he used them. But he used the ill to shoot the things and they blew up and killed all the all the the robots. And then it was something else he got so, I mean, I guess, yeah, he had the Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That was Goofy too, got one. It was made out of him. Even asked him like, what the are you wearing? I made it? Why? Why you're so weird? Why are you here? Things are dying?
Speaker 4: You're making masks? Fucking little weirdo armor.
Speaker 1: It wasn't armed. Remember, he pulled it off and it was all floppy. He wasn't even gonna protect his face.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it was. It was flopping.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure when he pulled it off and just felt like it was it looked like it was like skin. It was. I thought it was his brother's helmet. No, I want his brother's helmet. He said he made Tessa had the brother's helmet. Okay, he said he made it out of something that was on the planets camera. What it was that he made it from? Yeah, that was like something of wood. I like using the razor glass. That was cool. That was cool because he put that in his land, didn't he? That was actually pretty smart. Dope, he was alright, man, Spike. Did you like the idea of the wolf pack?
Speaker 5: No, that was that that was from him, from him to go to where he started at and like looking at her as a tool. And I'm dolo by myself, even leaving my man sleeping on the mountain like in the middle of at dawn to be switched to Oh, it's a wolf pack now, and like I didn't like that, even when she told the story about the alpha and trying to convince him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I didn't like this part. He just like corny shit, did you just want a happy ending? No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, like it's just no, y'all know, from a perspective.
Speaker 1: So I like the perspective. I like, yet, yo, you're you can still be an alpha by protecting your own like you don't have to kill, Like I get that. Like I like that concept.
Speaker 3: Not from him though, I think it doesn't work for him because he's supposed to be like he said, he was going to buy into it, like he did, he had to.
Speaker 4: That's the only way he was going to survive, right, that's the only way he's going to survive.
Speaker 1: Hes gonna get his awise. So she had to give him different perspective. So, yeah, you can still be leader of your pack.
Speaker 4: You can still be alpha by protecting your own people.
Speaker 1: She pulled a very standard white woman tricks bike. She manipulated him and gas lit him into thinking this is the way to be a better man, and it worked. I'm just kidding. Look, somebody called me racist the other day. I'm just joking. It was fucked up. He loved Bud. He ain't need Bud. He didn't know that Bud was anything special. Bud was just being weird. He spent on him. I left him too. He's kind of part of his problem. Though.
Speaker 2: He had to go back for Bud too, and getting Buddy.
Speaker 1: He didn't go back for Bud. Remember, he was He was walking to wherever that place was, and Bud was there because Bud was looking for his mother.
Speaker 2: I thought he was looking for Bud, and I thought he had found But he just came across Bud.
Speaker 1: He just came across Bud. You got lucky with that too, right, Right, this dude's sorry as hell. Man, He's just fucking fortunate. He's a fortunate apex predator.
Speaker 2: Shut But yeah, but did you guys like the whole action sequence once he armed up? What about Tia THEA and Tesla's fight y'all didn't like it? What about when she was using the legs to kick all that?
Speaker 1: I seriously was like, I want to go home. I want to go home. The legs led him to the to the he went and got the legs to bring back to THEA my god.
Speaker 2: And they were walking through the camp, the legs walking through That was smart too, and they were protecting the legs.
Speaker 1: The legs were kicking people can and I.
Speaker 2: Know, Mike, I don't know how, Oh my god, this I don't know Howard knew where to kick. I don't know anything. Because Tessa was THEO was in a fucking box. She had no conscious, no awareness of what was going on.
Speaker 4: From no contact his legs.
Speaker 2: Yes, but this thing was karate kick moucker. It jumped on somebody's neck and flipped them over.
Speaker 1: In slow mode. This felt like a Scooby Doo cartoon. This was so stupid. You like this ship, Spike, You like this part Spike, because I.
Speaker 4: Know you like yes, like yes, but like all the fight and.
Speaker 2: Legs are strutting, they were they were switching to yeah they had Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I hate this man. It was.
Speaker 5: It didn't turn me off of it, but I just said, took the ridiculous stuff of what it was just.
Speaker 1: Same. I wish I could do that. I did the same things, but I tried because I would have hated this movie if I didn't.
Speaker 2: You know, at some point I realized it is what it is. I tried right to get on board. I was like, Okay, they just want to give us a different pread. But then when you're doing stuff like this and then the predator is sorry, and you know, he just I don't know, it's just it's stuff just started again. Not makes sense.
Speaker 1: He's too friendly man. Yeah, he was making jokes. He was like something about the legs. Yeah, he was just like the joke. He made another joke when they were around the campfire. I can't remember what.
Speaker 2: It was, and she was like, oh, you just made a joke and you had to try to pretend, like need to make a joke.
Speaker 1: This is so dumb. Why do we need this just make just make a little kiddy cartoon if you want to make a kiddie predator, or at least you know what advertised it this way. They didn't advertise it like it was gonna be a fucking goofy ass buddy cop movie. Yeah, even Rod.
Speaker 2: Did you like the final fight between Tessa and the Callous when she was in that bit mechanized for it? Nah?
Speaker 1: Not really. I didn't like that. M M. The ashion was a little hard to keep up with it. Yeah, it was like some Transformer shit. Oh you didn't catch what they were referencing. No, m that's why I got so mad. You were just like it was stupid. But that shit pissed me off. Remember what happened at the end of Aliens Ripley comes out. It was the same thing, and it was like, why are you doing this? Yeah, that's an conic scene from Aliens. Yeah, but they're trying to tie it right, I know, but they didn't need to. That's an iconic scene from that get away from her. Yeah, it's the same thing. This one's bigger powerloader. Powerloader. Yeah, this was dumb.
Speaker 2: It made sense because you know the that's what you would need to beat something like that. But even now you wanted to beat it, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because well no, because she no, she was fighting.
Speaker 1: She was fighting Deck first. And then because remember Deck at that line, Well, why don't you say it to the callous or ask the mother or something like that.
Speaker 2: When then that's when the callus showed up because Deck was getting served again. Of course it made sense. It was a big ass like machine.
Speaker 1: It didn't make sense because she's not even behind like a wall or nothing. I thought it was a glass. Why he couldn't get in it? Nought the glass closed when he jumped up there, wasn't it open? At first? I thought it was wrong. I thought it was open at first, but whenever he got up there, it was closed up. Because I was like, why don't you just shoot her or throw them a little fucking Dingleberry things that blow up? Just throw that up there. Well, he never used the dart things either, because I remember he Oh yeah, he didn't. It wouldn't work on her. Yeah. I just don't know why, neither one of us. I didn't catch it that first either.
Speaker 2: Well, I was like, why did why did he use it that? I was like, why did they show us that scene? And he never used them. They all were cyborgs. Yeah, so it doesn't make it. That just shows he's stupid. Yeah, he's gonna get these darts. Wait, maybe he did use them? Hold on, did what did he use them on? Because they get them?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think they thought that part too. He didn't need those.
Speaker 1: We missed something, y'all, we had to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was looking for it. I was looking for it because I wanted to know how we're going to use Yeah, they all with cyborgs.
Speaker 1: What was he going to use the darts on? Maybe we're just trying to walk through. Maybe he figured it out. Oh, maybe that's what it is. Maybe he was covering it up because he was walking through the little No, because he only covered up one of them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Were there any humans in that court group?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I don't know. Huh, all right, dumb motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they wouldn't they wouldn't work on the calychs. But by that time he was trying to partner with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know who he would have used this for. Where are you gonna go? Now? Going to get his mother or someone? Oh? I was so mad. I was like, I know the people in front of me were so annoyed with me.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh oh, he said he used them and they exploded.
Speaker 1: That's what Jayden said. I don't know they exploded darts. No, he's thinking of those little bug things that he threw.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're talking about the darts, the ones that came out that plant, the one that paralyzed them. Yeah, to paralyze that, Yeah, that wouldn't make sense for anything.
Speaker 2: That's but that was a line, Mike he delivered that I was supposed to be a line of hit. What do he say, you know, somebody going to get his mother or something like that.
Speaker 1: That line did not hit. I was like, I'm tired of this. This is not my predator hashtag not. That's what I.
Speaker 2: Said, the same thing. I said, I don't know what predator this is, but this ain't the one that I grew up with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said they explode too, Okay, what nah? Those darts didn't explode because it went in his neck and he passed out.
Speaker 4: Remember, I thought the planet explodes, and then that's why the darts.
Speaker 2: Shoot out, because that's what I thought, Yeah, they do. They explode in the darts shootout. And then they regenerate and grow back.
Speaker 1: So he just threw the exploding plant at something. No, it was the darts. I don't think. I don't think the darts exploded. I think the plants exploded.
Speaker 3: Okay, he shot the darts at the So maybe he shot the darts at the little worm things that that blow up.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what it was. That would make sense. Yeah, maybe that's what it was. That's how. I don't know why he would need to do that, because when he threw the little warm thing before it blew up, he had to shoot it. Well, he has to aggravate it that the ill did that, because remember the IL shot at the which I thought that ship was cool. Yeah, that ship looked pretty tight, good memory. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: The blow Yeah, and the ill sacrificed himself, which I thought was sad.
Speaker 1: Ill sacrificed himself. That worked for you, because I was like, oh, you're really trying to make it sad that you kill this little.
Speaker 2: I don't know why the ill did it. The ship was stupid, like you just make this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: It didn't sacrifice itself. It fell off his shoulder.
Speaker 3: The sacrifice jumped off to block the ray and it jumped off to block it about.
Speaker 1: The explosion just threw them both back, and the eel felt the eels jumped up. This movie, guys are serious sad as that's not sad. That doesn't make it. This is stupid. It's like he looked at the il.
Speaker 2: He got sad that the god so he really, yeah, was cooking one was cooking, he.
Speaker 1: Was cooking up. He's just like, yeah, he jumped off the sable, yeah, so uh and that's when he got mad, and that's when he attacked the Tessa and the thing.
Speaker 2: And then the Calas took out the powerlolder thing and then it ate Tessa and we thought everything was.
Speaker 1: Whole movie. They didn't have to they didn't have to kill that. They didn't have to kill him like this. But the baby Bud didn't seem like it was all that. Upset Bud was over real quick. Was like I didn't like this bitch, no way. I ran away.
Speaker 2: Actually, I wasn't trying to get back to my mama. Y'all see her she kill everybody. I wouldn't do that to y'all.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't make sense to me, because like, how does she blow up the thing inside, but she didn't blow up.
Speaker 1: She she froze it and then she shattered it. That's what it was. So it's like the old Terminator two joint because it didn't chew her up. It just just swallowed her. I guess, yeah, yeah, that's good. Well I chewed up some. Remember she came out and she looked like eleven. It was the stranger things. She came out living like she was ball headed. His head looked like Jada Pinkett. She was. I suspected that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was gonna do that, but I was like, I don't think this is over because it just got real quiet and it was too easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was too easy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I didn't like you kind of saw him like light up a little bit before it happened, like oh yeah, yeah, something happened.
Speaker 1: It was you're gonna kill the mama. Why wouldn't it regenerated when it melts though? Because I think it was too many pieces. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: That's what I was saying about the Hey, you just throw that ship off in another area like you can't.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't be surprised if season two or yeah, if they find out it built itself back together.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is because they showed the bud or whatever his name bigger now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they left, they left.
Speaker 1: But what would be the point of the mama coming back at that point with this shitty ass writing? Who knows? And are there any more callous? That was the other question I had.
Speaker 2: Because the buzz no longer on the planet and it's running around with deck ass, then what like unless it's just unless it's what do they call their ship? And when they can have their own babies?
Speaker 1: A woman? It's male and female? That he looks dumb as who does that? Is it intersects? Is that what they call that? I know what you're talking about. I can't think of what it's called either. Horses do that ship? Yeah? Yeah? Horses that Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if we could do that, then it'll be fine. We don't know shit about this damn thing, but that person anyway. So the movie concludes when for whatever reason, he decided to take his ass back to his father, and.
Speaker 4: For whatever reason, wait you say, for whatever, he said he.
Speaker 2: Was going to collect the trophy, and it was first of all, he tossed that damn sydeboy head at his daddy like, his daddy gonna know what that meant.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what that was. I thought that was Bud's head. I was like, Yo, that's fucked up. What is this? He brought me a toy? You were going to get a callous. This ain't no damn callous. But but to his credit, that was the apex on that planet. So to him, he was like, yeah, yeah, because she defeated the calyx. So to him, he's like, well, this is the motherfucker had to beat. Y'all didn't take that. No I did. That's why I didn't like it. Oh. It was like, so you basically cheated because you didn't explain none of that ship to your daddy. You just brought back a little white woman's head. Yeah, He's like, anybody can get a white bitch's head. We're talking about, daddy. She was that bitch. She was and I killed her, right, Dad, Like, motherfucker what, I don't know her? Right then, his daddy called him slow for bringing his ass back. He didn't call him slow. He should have, but he didn't. I thought. He was like, bro, you really brought your ass back?
Speaker 2: No, he said, oh, I know what he said. He said, oh, I guess I did kill the wrong brother. Yeah, he did say that, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: She was right, he was right. But this part, oh my god, oh my god. I thought it was smart that he kicked up the dust to see him. Bro. So this dude got beat down by the brother. The brother lost to the daddy, and the daddy's supposed to be the baddest motherfucker in the whole clan. Yep, this dude leaves for a week, comes back and he can whoop his dad's ass. He learned some ship. What did he look? What did he learn? He learned a lot of shit on that planet. He survived the bad lens. You sound like he wrote for this movie, a bad land. He survived a bad land. He learned some ship. Oh this maybe so fucking bad. Like, look, I'm not the same nigga I used to be. A week ago, it was all good, just a week It was all good, just a week ago. He came back and killed his father. We don't know how his motherfucker there even if it was two years, because the.
Speaker 3: Thing was bigger now, because it's like, okay, how long has it been now? Because the thing was bigger now.
Speaker 1: Let's say it was a year. Okay, that's a good point. Yeah. So he comes back a year later and he's such a bad motherfucker now he can kill his dad. I feel like in a year karate I said, you put him in karate classes. Yeah, he's gonna suck your as you did that. You just begging to get your a year that mother to be like, hey, hey man, look man, look put this it down please. No. I hated it. I hated this whole part. Yeah, it was stupid. They had to bring it full circle. But yeah, I'm kind of with you.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about like time elapsing and using but as a means to account for that to kind of guess how it's been some time since he's been back. But he took him out a little too easy.
Speaker 1: For me, Yes exactly. Yeah, so that you at least cut a toe off a song. Cut him like this. He cut him somewhere he did. He cut him was a little bit of green blood.
Speaker 4: He was kicking his ass at first.
Speaker 1: Two that that, yeah, did y'all notice how quickly she put her legs back on the second time. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The first time took away too long, like for her to just do it that the second time that fast.
Speaker 2: Unless you use some duct tape. We're probably know plectrical tape or something like that. But yeah, it was quick. I don't know why they did. It's just I don't know that was inconsistency there. And I guess Bud is their pet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's their grogu.
Speaker 2: So this big ass monster callous that killed everybody for whatever reason, for no reason, I guess since he's had it since it was a child. Is now it's dark and now he has a wolf pack. Is that what we're saying?
Speaker 1: Yep? And now mama is back and he just killed dad. Yeah. And the women predators are are like just as badass as the dudes, but they're smarter, at least from the comic books that I remember reading, they're smarter than the male ones.
Speaker 3: So like prim mansis yeah, I guess, yeah, the women's supposed to be like vicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I just man, it's just even the way it ended. Is that a friend of yours? No, it's small? Oh my god, dude? Really?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, he said there will be another one if this one performs well, so we definitely get another one.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's performing very well, and I'm sure I'm on a minority with thinking this movie was trash, but good for them. Man, this doesn't hold a candle to the other two that he did, though, I think.
Speaker 2: As a movie, I'm sure it works if it was another character that wasn't a Predator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: And I was, you know, I think because as the Predator, that was the biggest issue I had, because I'm like, this is not my fucking predator. My predator kills everything. Tesla would have been dead. He would have figured a way. He wouldn't have took his ass to that plane. He would figured a way to kill that damn bird something, you know. And I get he's a run you know, he's still learning and trying to figure his way out. But I was like, am, my Predator, don't crack jokes, bro, my Predator don't even fucking talk. No, it's the first movie he didn't talk.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure, yeah, I don't. I don't recall Predators. All he does is yell as screen primal screens. That's all you get. This mother cann't talk. Now, Predator's talking here, but this father could talking to everybody. Now they did. They did make a punk ass woke Predator. In one of those alien versus Predator films, have the black girl and I remember, yeah, yeah, annihil but the one that looks like her, it's not annihilating, and someone that looks exactly like snihilated. But they became friends at the end of the movie. And I was even that. I was like, fuck, this this is stupid, because.
Speaker 6: He did he yeah, yeah, maybe it was maybe it was her, yeah, because yeah, but you know, because and the themes are there, you know, fatherhood, you know, the approval sort of rebellion for your dad.
Speaker 1: Shakespeare's it was not it was.
Speaker 2: Rejecting, like the sort of like following your dad's footstep, which is crazy because that's your whole culture is you go out and kill things, you find and kill things, you know. So and I I guess this Predator is the one that's not going to do that for forever, Like, how the fuck is that gonna work? All of them came out now of course, since he killed the father, he's now the top dog, but how do you convince the other ones that we're gonna, you know, carve a new.
Speaker 5: Path, Like we're just not gonna kill, which showed them in the little Raptures and ship beefing with him, right when they're making noises and shit, acting like they were mad.
Speaker 2: They weren't mad because I don't think they were upset because when you kill the top dog, he becomes a new top doll. So maybe that was like recognizing that he's the new leader of the pack.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought they were mad too. What your saying makes sense. So but if they are mad, he in trouble. No, he got the ballask the callusk. That's a small calend. Yeah, but they can't die, hm, at least we don't think it can. They might just slice them afucker and half like it, but that's all you got. Or they can use the little pros shi. Yeah, man, I cannot believe how bad this was, do you people? People are really enjoying it. That's good. That is good. So I was really surprised. This is the lesser of the three though, from what I'm saying, easily, I think it's the the killers one pray and in this one is how how I see the ranking going.
Speaker 2: Right now, say it again, killers, So the killers win pray and in this one, that's right, that's right, this is way at the bottom, that's right, And I don't know what they're gonna do. So he's gonna make another one. I don't know what they're gonna do with the franchise. It's almost like Terminator ish where Arnold Swarznegger became a good guy, but they introduced a bad ass motherfucker you know in the second one.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna bring him back. They're gonna bring what was his name in Dutch? I think was his name in Predator?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the black guy no no, no sorts nigger, yeah, yeah, yeah, they're gonna bring him, but I think it's Dutch.
Speaker 1: They're going to bring him back because they added a scene in Killer of Killers where it has the girl from Prey. Well she was already in it, but it has the girl from Prey and like a cryo sleep thing. Then it has Danny Glover and it has Arnold Schwarzenegger. So at some point we're probably going to see like a big fight with all of them. And they said that this one wasn't tied to those so tied to what the other two that he did.
Speaker 4: They're saying that this wasn't tied to that, like you didn't have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah stand alone. Yeah yeah, which they'll they'll connect it.
Speaker 2: And I think it was smart to make it stand alone because you don't know how success was going to work. This is this was a big risk to take a prey to their tournament to right and then to make.
Speaker 1: Him a comedian. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a hell of a risk, but it paid off and I got to get Pross for that. He sold it and people bought it. Yeah, so salute. I'm just I'm old school Spike, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's the same thing with Alien Earth. Like she was trying to I'm just joking, y'all.
Speaker 2: So uh so, yeah, anyway, so we'll see, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, that is the movie.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you guys think about this new direction that Predator Badlands is going in.
Speaker 1: We're heading in.
Speaker 2: Are you are you old school nostalgia like Ron and I or are you excited about the new direction that this franchise is going like Rod and Spike. So it's split down the middle here, So you mean like Mike, Yeah, yeah, I'm like Mike, I don't it's not your Predator.
Speaker 1: I don't need this friendly ass predator Nah so uh anyway, we'll cut you guys next time we out. Peace Peace,