Speaker 1: The frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to another episode of the France Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm here us with the evening. My name is Mike.
Speaker 2: Across from me, I have Rod next to Rod, I have Ken across from Can, I have Spike, and we are here to cover the final section and finale of Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: This is the fifth season, so it's been.
Speaker 3: On the air for nine years. I did not realize it was that fucking long.
Speaker 1: Blew it did? I thought about it. I didn't realize it was that long.
Speaker 2: That's look old because they've kids grown into old people. But god damn, Now it explains why Lucas out here.
Speaker 1: Lucas got kids.
Speaker 2: Now you know I'm saying Lucas out here looking like Idris elbow and ship. But okay, so I'm gonna start with you, Spike. What did you think of the final chunk of episodes of Stranger Things?
Speaker 1: Did it close it out? Good for you? Because you had never seen anything?
Speaker 3: Y'all watched it. I skipped the last year. I ain't even go back and watch it.
Speaker 1: You skipped season four.
Speaker 3: I looked. I've seen everything about the last episode. So that's crazy because Sason four is probably the last the last episode where he took over Max, like that what happened?
Speaker 1: Oh so you saw that.
Speaker 3: I saw that most of it, Yeah, but I just didn't watch the last like it was like two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last one was two hours. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sound like nope, not doing it. But it wasn't bad. They ended it fine. The nostalgia, I feel like it's gone to what you were saying because the kids are old now. They try to replace the filling with new kids and it just didn't work like the original one.
Speaker 1: But as far as the story, it was cool. It was fine. They ended it well, Ken, what'd you think.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it, you know. I didn't want to get to to hype about, oh my god, this is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: Just take it for what it was.
Speaker 4: And for the most part, I was still engaged talking to the TV et cetera, et cetera, So I was still all into it and just trying to make sure I just temper my expectations for what would be an incredible Dope finale. There were some somewhat disappointed elements to it, but I kind of got why they did it, so it kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: But it was just like oh, okay.
Speaker 4: But it's hard to nail a finale for something that we've been watching for so long and basically grew up with these kids. But you know, I feel like it accomplished what it needs to accomplish.
Speaker 3: Rob this was on your best of the Year list. What did you think about how it closed out?
Speaker 1: I thought it closed out fine.
Speaker 5: It definitely has some cringe worthy moments, but I think for a show to have so much at stake when it comes to trying to close it out, I think they handled it pretty well. So like, because you're not gonna please everybody, and then when you started trying to please everybody, that's where you started suck up. And so I thought they did a good job just kind of sticking to whatever that whatever their story is, and ANDed.
Speaker 1: It just like that, so I could respect that.
Speaker 5: I do think, and I've been saying this for they probably should have ended this show like a couple of years ago, because, like you were saying, I think the lore isn't quite the same, or the nostalgia or the field or whatever. We're kind of forcing it, I think with them being so older. But for the most part, I think I think they did a did a decent job. That's why I made my top ten.
Speaker 3: Still, in the words of Nick, this was super right. Maybe not even super.
Speaker 2: Right, this was just I I definitely think they could have done much better. I think that they were afraid of games of throwing this. They didn't want it to be strange with thrones, so they played it extremely safe, to point where it was like, fuck this, fuck this. I don't feel like there's any steaks. I don't feel like there's you know, I've never felt any danger for anybody, because after a while it was like, oh, y'all bullshiting, y'all bullshit, You're not gonna kill anybody.
Speaker 1: So it's like who cares and we'll get to it.
Speaker 2: But there were some things in these last chunk, like the first four I thought were great. The first part of this season I thought was ended, but then the way it picked up and it carried out, I was like, dude, this is dull as fuck.
Speaker 1: Who cares.
Speaker 2: But there was one thing where I was just like, get me the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Of here.
Speaker 3: Now. Lucas didn't do anything that that that bothered me.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it. But it was just like, this is dumb. This is real dumb.
Speaker 3: But Yeah, it was okay. It wasn't bad. It wasn't trash. I saw a lot of people complaining it was okay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all right, So let's start start with chapter five, which is Shock Jock, and this is where the kids awaken Commaisots, where Henry's convinced them that he saved him, but Derek and Holly don't believe it. Max and Holly try to go through Henry's memories to figure out a way out while Derek distracts them, but outside, the kids come up with a plan to resurrect the Demogorgon to Will can get back into the High Mind to attack Vecna. Was it cool to see Will tap into Vecna's mind and then kind of break his leg in order to rescue Max because Vecna was on on top of Max choking the ship at her.
Speaker 1: No, that was good. I did like this, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was a good carry over from the last episode to see him You, I know, everybody wanted to see that because everybody's hype about that shit. So it's cool to see him actually be able to do it, and Vecna seemed vulnerable in this moment. They had to They had to make Vecna scenem vulnerable because he was what do y'all say?
Speaker 1: Ope? Character?
Speaker 5: Almost it was like go to gonna start this movie, like you know what I'm saying, Like, so he was what character they call it op when the character is like overpowered or whatever it is, it's like, how do you fucking beat him?
Speaker 1: So it makes it It brings down the kind of the enjoyment of the like there's nothing you can do that. Yeah, So to see that, I thought it was I thought it was important. Mm hmmm. What about y'all?
Speaker 4: Oh damn, it was cool, but Will really weren't worth It wasn't worth it. Damn damn brou Will was sorry as hell man, he wasn't you know it?
Speaker 1: Spike know it, Rod, you know it too. And they just gave him this.
Speaker 4: They gave him this one moment and we're gonna get through it.
Speaker 3: But this was three episodes before the final talk about the part.
Speaker 4: This was a shining moment, Spike's coming out party.
Speaker 1: This was this was.
Speaker 3: This was coming out No, it was not coming out party. Literally, they're not there yet, guys.
Speaker 1: Well I'm moving ahead. I know I'm just saying, but I know what you're saying. I did like he finally.
Speaker 4: Found himself, right he tapped into his super nothing.
Speaker 1: You say, right now? Found um?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: In the upside Down, we see that Hopper and l have they rescued Collie. If y'all remember Collie because most people don't, She's from the worst episode of the entire show. But they rescued her, and Collie reveals that they have been using her blood to put into pregnant women to start a new army of super soldiers. But also in the Upside Down, will Jonathan, Steve, Dancy, and Dustin figure out that the wall that's around Hopkins is vecna's energy.
Speaker 1: Shield, which they need to destroy.
Speaker 2: And right then, uh, actually, you know I'm asking all this whatd y'all think of the fight between step and Dustin.
Speaker 3: It was sad both of them would be in dipshits. I feel like it was on both of If it wasn't one, primarily it was your fault or your fault. I think it was just him spending too much time together too. It seemed like but he was you know, you have fights like it with like your cousins.
Speaker 4: But it was sass in them kind of go back and forth. You know, Dustin had been through a lot.
Speaker 1: Bro he brought it on himself. He was being a little bitch. Who Dustin? Yeah, but he was being a little bit. But Steve is this when Steve? I think Steve went too far.
Speaker 2: Though he did, Steve was being uncharacteristically rude, and I didn't think this was good writing because if Steve had been like this earlier, I would get it. And he hasn't been like this in season one, right, So it was like, why is he acting like this? I get he's jealous of Dustin's relationship with Eddie, but it was just like, where is this coming from? I told y'all not to be heroes. He got himself killed?
Speaker 1: What? What? What? That was? Asshole?
Speaker 3: I feel like though he had felt like he was doing a lot for Dustin and Dustin weren't appreciating it. With the frustration started leaking out of him being kind of smart, actually smart alecky with Dustin, but that just seemed like.
Speaker 1: He went he wasn't yeah, I do agree with you.
Speaker 2: Then he could have just said, Justin, you'r you know, Dustin, you're being a dick. Stop being a dick. But instead you like went to, oh, your boy got himself killed, did it to himself. He didn't rescue it. He didn't save anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing? Yeah? He went in necessarily.
Speaker 3: How those boys still bullying Dustin?
Speaker 1: Like you was still bullying? Nah?
Speaker 3: Dustin is what he was a senior in high school. I don't know what he was, but he like he needed disaskment.
Speaker 4: I felt like we didn't get a real good resolution to that either, but it was it was just like oh yeah, yeah, it was just like okay, that's it.
Speaker 3: That it seemed like a random part that didn't really.
Speaker 4: Go anywhere, didn't need to be in the show.
Speaker 1: Not really because it didn't help anything, but.
Speaker 3: It made Dustin disappear. He couldn't go to the upside down?
Speaker 1: Was he like in real life? Did he have something to do when they beat him up and left him there? And I think he just missed it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I know, but like you know, it's like when when someone disappears from a show for yeah, like in real life, is getting because you know, he has that I forget what it's called, but he has like a real physical disease.
Speaker 3: That disease but like an uh you know, like a condition.
Speaker 2: And I've read that sometimes they need quite a bit of surgery, so maybe he had to step out for surgery or something. But outside of that, it was just like, why did y'all even put this in here? This didn't add anything to this, to this show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just keeping keeping drama attention around just because, Yeah, that's how it felt.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of that though. All right.
Speaker 2: So after the fight, Dustin figures out that he was wrong, but it's too late and Nancy destroys the energy field, which leads into the next episode, Chapter six, Escape from Combizants.
Speaker 1: Uh, what did you think of the revolution? Revolution?
Speaker 2: Where'd you think of the revelation that the upside down isn't actually an alternate dimension, it's a wormhole that leads to another realm?
Speaker 1: Was this interesting to you at all? Rod? It wasn't interesting. It was interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't know if the payoff of it was was there For me.
Speaker 1: It just seemed like it was gonna do something a lot more than what it actually did.
Speaker 5: And I saw that's a lot of complaints or whatnot. Because he's like, oh man, what the fuck gonna be in this other world? And d D So it kind of the way he explained it, He's like, oh man, we like because Dustin was like, oh yeah, we we thought ship was bad, but it's worse.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, so that worst just never came. So yeah, y'all feel the same way. Yeah, out of here, bro, I'm like a.
Speaker 4: Wormhole for four seasons, this thing just been a worm.
Speaker 2: Oh and we thought you were smart, Dustin, but nah, you kind of dumb because it took you fucking nine years to figure this out.
Speaker 1: Like what he found, Yeah, he found the only reason he figured it out.
Speaker 4: And then and then Nancy shooting the thing with not understand anything that ships. They just needed the reason for her to shoot it to create I'm like, she.
Speaker 1: Shot up with a shotgune, dude, and it broke the whole thing. Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I'm like what I'm like, everybody knows who listened to Dustin.
Speaker 1: He's the guy. You don't know what this thing is. They couldn't hear it. They couldn't hear him. No, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: Before that, Dustin told them that it needed to be destroyed. But by the time he figured out that it shouldn't be destroyed, he couldn't get a hold of them on the on the radio.
Speaker 4: But I think even Evin, what is the guy's name. The other guy was like, yo, you sure you want to do this? She was on her badass ship g I Jane shit, so she was like yeah, I know, yeah because Dustin told her that was But anyway, the wormhole, I was like, bru, like that's this. When the story started, this whole thing started to get a little bit confused and convoluted, like you know, it's like this other world and then there's this cave and then that's a wormhole.
Speaker 1: Y'all. It's just like, bro, like, where the fuck are we? I don't know what is going on?
Speaker 4: They're adding, They added so many elements to get to a conclusion.
Speaker 5: Because my thing is like, is that part only gonna collide with fucking Hawkins?
Speaker 1: Like what that doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 5: Like so he's gonna bring this just this one world inside of fucking Hawkins City.
Speaker 4: And where is this world? Where did it come from? How did he get there? It's just like, bro, you they doing too much.
Speaker 2: This definitely gave me the feeling that they pulled a Star Wars sequel trilogy, which means they did not actually have an ending written and they fucking winged it at the absolute last second and y'all sat here for nine years to give us four seasons of this show. Y'all have plenty of time to make this make sense. Why are you adding a fucking wormhole and a whole separate dimension? Why are you adding this at the eleventh hour? I don't understand. There was no reason to make this that fucking convolude. You had all of the pieces laid out for you. The last season of the show, in my opinion, was the best season.
Speaker 1: Of the show. Why did you do all of this?
Speaker 4: So I'm with y'all, It was the only way to scientifically explain it. And I did read that they never intended to go past one season. Ye, yeah, So everything you're saying is and that is spot on.
Speaker 1: But they did such a good job at the last.
Speaker 4: Season and to but to your point, it's like, once you got the second season, at some point you gotta start figuring out how the hell we're gonna get to them.
Speaker 2: So, if you're taking this much time in between seasons, what are y'all doing jerking off? Why were y'all taking this long if you weren't thinking about, Okay, how are we gonna how are we gonna wrap this up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? By season three. You started, you should have started working on that. Yeah, and they didn't. They didn't, so all right.
Speaker 2: So after Nancy Stallone destroys the fucking energy thing, the walls start to melt, trapping Jonathan and Nancy in a room, and it's here that they have a serieserious conversation about the relationship.
Speaker 1: Did y'all care? This was so whack?
Speaker 3: What was this stuff that was leaking?
Speaker 1: They stop? Did it? Just stopped? And we have stopped? Don't I'm sorry, sorry, I'll stop. We had no.
Speaker 3: Reason to know why I stopped anything. They just had to put them in the room so they could confess. They I said, there was cringe ship. This was the first thing that came to my mind. I know what he's referring to. Obviously something later, but this was the first thing that came to mind. This was unbelievably cringe. Will you accept my unproposal?
Speaker 1: Man, get your fucking ass out of my face.
Speaker 2: Bro, right now, the walls are melting and you really want to talk about this ship?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: That's why I'm breaking up with your eyes. That's why I'm sucking Steve.
Speaker 4: And again, we didn't know what the walls were. We didn't know what was having for that. It was just and we don't know why it stopped.
Speaker 1: It just did. And Justin Dustin didn't. You got to me call him.
Speaker 4: Justin Dustin didn't come in there and explaining ship.
Speaker 1: He didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: This was just they didn't know what to do with steve relationship and this other guy's relationship and who she was gonna pick.
Speaker 1: We was just gonna give her nobody. This is how we're gonna do it. I'm saying they played it super safe.
Speaker 5: Michael Supersy dead spot on a day like, Nope, nobody in the Game of Thrones up to.
Speaker 1: Me, Like she should have got with Steve. Oh no, she should have got nothing.
Speaker 2: Like They've always hated Nancy anyway, A lot of people like, I hate Nancy. She is my least favorite character on this entire show. She is a selfish piece of ship. She's so fucking annoying.
Speaker 3: My boyfriend us a room with a funny looking dude.
Speaker 1: Funny looking dude.
Speaker 3: When she was in the Milton room, I like, that's that's my favorite character.
Speaker 1: Once she was in the room that was Milton. It's the ball cut. He's They just made him worthless. He was ship. He didn't do ship, but he's been worth he's been worth.
Speaker 2: Walking kind of right right, look on his face, always looking sad and ship, get your ass out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one moment. Yeah, it wasn't even that great.
Speaker 2: So were y'all touched when Dustin and Steve made up. When Steve was trying to get to Nancy and them, and then Dustin stopped him and he started.
Speaker 3: That was dope.
Speaker 1: Part was that was good?
Speaker 3: I did like so that you feel right there?
Speaker 1: He said, he was right. Yeah, that was so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why they had the big blow up for this moment. I think I know y'all had issues with the blow up. I didn't really get my opinion, but I think that moment.
Speaker 1: Isn't say nothing in your face. She was like this, So I thought you wanted to move on. I didn't skip you on perfect. I thought you agree with us too. I thought you I didn't have something at it. Bro what you like? You like the blow I.
Speaker 5: Understood it in the in the sense of this story. You know what I'm saying, Like, I like just in shows and movies and how people grieve differently. Yeah, so so I always I always liked seeing like depictions of how people grieve and how it comes up and how it comes out.
Speaker 1: That's all I agree with you, Perc.
Speaker 2: I do like because I've liked, I've enjoyed the way Dustin has been very withdrawn because he's grieving over this guy and cards on the table. Eddie one hundred percent is my favorite character for this whole show, my favorite character out this whole show.
Speaker 1: And he died.
Speaker 2: That was the saddest moment of this show. I didn't think anything could get me more than.
Speaker 5: You, which is crazy because they had just introduced They just introduced crazy.
Speaker 2: And when he died, I was like, oh my god, especially when he was like I didn't run this time, did I?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? That shit got me. So I liked how how we saw for a whole.
Speaker 3: Half a season Dustin was grieving.
Speaker 2: My issue with that fight is I think it would have made a lot more sense if Dustin started the fight and actually said something like hurtful to Steve Well.
Speaker 5: He said, you would not demand that Eddie, You'll never be the man that Eddie was, or something like that.
Speaker 2: He said something like that, but it wasn't. It didn't cut deep enough. He should have been like Look, that's why Nancy don't want your ass. That's why he's with John, That's why she's with Jonathan. You over here, fucking He did say something kind of sort of like that, but he should have cut deeper, And I think the fight would have made more sense because Dustin being uncharacteristically asshole in that moment would have made sense. Steve didn't, So yeah, I'm with you. The greeting part was cool. I just didn't really love how they did it. But I liked I liked them making up. I liked them making up. I can't lose you too, not you. I was like, oh, I forgot they were besties. So Holly and Max discovered why Henry was afraid of the cave. He had a memory of killing a soldier. I didn't give a fuck about. But outside, if y'all do for fleet or jump in hopper, Eleven and Collie meet up with Joyce and the other kids, and it's there that Eleven discovers that Vecta is sending Demogorgon's to the hospital to kill Max. So what did y'all think about when the demogra agaans went to the hospital to get Max?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I remember this part.
Speaker 3: That was when Max got into it with Henry and Henry shiit I got other ways the cave.
Speaker 2: Yep, I thought there was Robin and her girlfriend were at the hospital.
Speaker 1: Lucas was up there something.
Speaker 3: And they realized that they wasn't looking for them, but they was looking for Max.
Speaker 4: Yes, and a girlfriend of't believe her until them big ass dogs because they called it a drug addict said he's a jerkie.
Speaker 1: But they did. Yeah, they used a call back to like Jurassic Park.
Speaker 5: It's basically the same, same set up them behind and behind the thing. While they did make the other news ways or whatever, so it was basically the same.
Speaker 3: So those things don't have eyes. They can just hear.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Yeah they had that sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think they have I never even thought that their face is just the mouth, but I was like that just the mouth as a face.
Speaker 1: I was a little.
Speaker 5: Unrealistic because she had the headphones. I'm like, well, fuck, they can hear that, like they know exactly where you are. So I was just like, how are y'all getting around this this whole?
Speaker 1: Do you have anything? Before I go? You can go. I'll just add on maybe that was just a louder noise. No, bro, this to me outside the host it off, put it off.
Speaker 2: I had a problem immediately when the demo Gorgans attacked the soldiers. Okay, but at no point did they attack what was her Robin and her girlfriend. And then she's like, oh, it's like she had to explain it.
Speaker 1: They're not here from me. Well, they weren't here for the fucking soldiers either, so why did they kill them? But not y'all?
Speaker 2: The Demogorgans ran straight at them and then took a hard left and I was like, wait, what and she says, yeah, they're not here for us. Come on, man, the Democrat has been killing everybody until now.
Speaker 1: That ship was wacked. That's why I asked to have as Even.
Speaker 2: If they didn't have, they would have heard them, you know what I'm saying, or smell them. But then the extra wat ship.
Speaker 1: Was when they were hiding in the fucking basement.
Speaker 2: Just like Rod said, you're playing this, fucking bro, she's not coming back.
Speaker 3: Hit pause at least at least until we get out of here. Hit pause, and then we can play again later.
Speaker 1: But like, what are you doing over here? You want to be a fucking stubborn little bitch over your girl go over there.
Speaker 2: That ship was aggravating, and then it was just like we didn't need uh.
Speaker 1: The wheeler mom.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, her fucking neck was slit not but what three episodes ago?
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, this is I mean, I know you wanted your triumphant moment, but this was too much.
Speaker 3: But you knew it was so predictable it was and just un believable, Like did they.
Speaker 1: Cheer when that when she did that? Who in the movies? He was in the theater but you go to I forgot theater.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, that was just like, yeah, you're right predictive, you can see it coming, which you know, I guess it's fine, but but at the same because you know it's probably worked for certain audiences.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, sure, they were like yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but it's like it's just like, bro, you you were dead, and how are you talking?
Speaker 1: They said she probably wouldn't be able to talk bro talking.
Speaker 3: I think they did it way more than I like, because they did that with Lucas too. Yes, he had that scratch from the Damn demogogue. In the next episode, he just carrying Max up to Damn like that. He wouldn't even hello quick that wolver It looked like it was like life threatening, like he would have leaned out and running.
Speaker 2: What he was on the ground crying. The next episode, he's running with Max in his arm, just like they said. It's like, Bro, and Max don't look like she don't weigh like she likes like she weigh a decent amount, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, this is ridiculous, you know anyway, Yeah, I'm with y'all. This was a bit This was a bit much, but yeah, it there's a reason for it.
Speaker 1: It's for that certain audience.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So Karen Wheeler says them by putting the bomb in the laundry, which leaves them free to keep playing the music, which allows Max to come back to the real world, which takes into the next episode, which is chapter seventh, The Bridge. While Max got out her sorry I hope she never has children, the fact that she left Holly behind. I was like, Bro, what I got? Leave you here right nowhere?
Speaker 1: She said, just look for something that's in the bottom of your heart that will What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Just to say that, Bro, you can't help me find my way out first, because you know when yours is right there.
Speaker 1: Said don't, God damn fall I don't. I don't get.
Speaker 5: This part made me so fucking angry, and I'm like, if you don't, why are you slow walking?
Speaker 1: She didn't even wait for the buying from Holly. She just said, I have to do. I'm going.
Speaker 3: I'm about to leave this my world, this is yours. You see that hole over there, that's my man calling me. I have to go, you right me safing girl, figure out good luck Bill's character.
Speaker 5: It should have went that fast, but it didn't go that fast. You'll remember how long this Yeah, I'm all this talking. You could have found her way out already yelling at the screen.
Speaker 1: I think everybody across the.
Speaker 5: Yelling at this moment we were in a high mind was like plural, like this is a unison run that everybody was saying, like what.
Speaker 4: It made no sense for her to be walking because last time she tried to get out.
Speaker 1: How she got missed up last time?
Speaker 4: So now you see it. This time you're just gonna stroll. The song is running up the hill walking right, and Holly just knew we all get out together.
Speaker 3: What because when she got out, I expected everybody to be like, wait, you fucking left Holly.
Speaker 1: She's ten. She's ten, Are you serious? And it took them forever to ask her when she was in because.
Speaker 2: They just knew that she couldn't have found Holly because there's no way she left her.
Speaker 1: But when she was like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: She was in there, White, I'm kicking off your wheelchair straight up?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Anyway? All right? So they also the means that came from it was crazy. There were means I didn't see. Oh my god, it was saying everything that she was doing to step run into that warter, because it's.
Speaker 4: One of those common sense things I think movies and television shows need to get rid of. You don't need to just build suspense that way, you really don't. And we've we've been there, done, We've seen way too many movies.
Speaker 1: And they went all the way there. They had a fucking slow motion yeah, and then another episode that was crazy.
Speaker 2: So so they also enlisted mister Clark to help so they can find Dustin and the others in the upside.
Speaker 1: Snook thems that it was.
Speaker 3: Funny by kind of ran into my nerves a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, he ran.
Speaker 4: It into the ground. But you know, it was funny.
Speaker 3: They needed Murray for that comic relief though in true because it might have been a little too heavy without him, because Dustin used to be the comic relief, but now he's all you know. So they go back into the episode now and to find him and bring him back.
Speaker 1: But once in the real world.
Speaker 2: What did you think of Dustin's explanation of what the ABYSS was?
Speaker 1: He basically, it's.
Speaker 2: Another dimension in the upside down. He based kind of recapped what was early now. I think we had this discussion about what Netflix is doing. I can't remember what they call it, but remember we talked about how Netflix has this thing now where they make shows for people that are on their phones.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and that's why you really have to pay a position. Yeah, yeah, to pay attention because they're explaining it.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you were here when we were talking about this, but yeah, this was a very clear example of that. They they explained ship three four times over, so that's what I was kind of getting that there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Rob, were you surprised.
Speaker 2: When colleague explains to l that she has to die after the missions over in order to keep Henry from coming back.
Speaker 5: Was that surprised, Yeah, I was a little surprised.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean she she ain't got nothing to live for.
Speaker 2: You, like, you sacrificed something, friends was killed, right, he's just your little ball head.
Speaker 1: Ass ain't got ship up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: She's like, look, she's like, come with me. So I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure I understand what she was telling her. The reason that she should leave is because they gonna find her eventually.
Speaker 1: He was her blood. Yes, yes, so she don't think.
Speaker 3: She was kind of Yeah, she was kind of playing like she's stupid, but she don't know how to doesn't to be fair, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They were gonna find her. Yeah, they're definitely gonna find It. Was just Collie got on my fucking nerve, just like universal you just always just sitting around, just just in the background, just looking at folks, just moping and ships, all.
Speaker 1: These friends and she got daddy. I don't have a daddy. You could have stayed at the last. At the last, you know what you shown enough. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: She did not seem very grateful about the fact that.
Speaker 1: You've been and everything that we do. Yeah, so it's like what the what the hell? So now you won't me to die.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna stay here and just die together right now. And Colley was serious about it, cause we saw what she told us. She was murking everybody until it came trying to Mark motherfuck well, the thing was going off.
Speaker 1: But yeah, she got on my fucking nerves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you would love to have more content from frames per Second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. All right, So this takes us into the scene Spike's favorite scene. This is when they are showing Will coming out as something we have known since season fucking two one. Well, he was barely in season one, but once they brought him back into the real world. It was like it was season two because remember season one, he Season one ended with him getting out of the upside down and then he puked out the little bug or whatever, and then there was like the world shifted and then it stopped it like ended or whatever. And then season two is when we actually spend time with Will, and that's when we start seeing like, you know, he's crying over Mike and shit, and he's like just being weird and it's like, oh, cool, you're gay, Like can we just come out. It's not a big deal, man, it's not a big deal. But yeah, this was his official coming out.
Speaker 3: So and the funniest mean from that, Oh no, it's it's like if Will was black. Oh I saw that, like what we knew that she was, but I thought I say it that it was.
Speaker 1: Just somebody going to say, oh yeah, man, we already.
Speaker 2: I thought at least Dustin or something like, bro, we've been know now what else you got?
Speaker 1: Will literally said that it's not my funk. You don't like you did. It's like he's been saying it like I don't understand, bro, Like yeah, so y'all didn't like this.
Speaker 5: This this was man, Yes, like Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: It was just it felt like it was out of place.
Speaker 5: It was like, if it was it was too long, out of place, too long and out of place.
Speaker 1: Didn't like they forced it, Like what are we doing it?
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, they don't wonder no matter how we described this scene it matters.
Speaker 1: Didn't have to do that. It was. Yeah, it was just so out of place.
Speaker 5: It was so out of place and just felt so unnecessary, Like they could have did this very subtly, like you don't like you're you're acting like we're just dumb.
Speaker 1: Yes, like like it was an assault of intelligence, Like it's like, Yo, why are y'all.
Speaker 3: Doing Why y'all making this a big thing? It wasn't enough that he had the conversation with the other girl.
Speaker 1: With that fine literally, like the cutaways to everybody just intent me looking bro. It was like, are y'all really doing it? It was one of the most cringiest moments in television history. Yeah, you agree with you, like at least what ten minutes or something like that. It did feel like it was ten minutes long. Man.
Speaker 5: That was crazy. I could not believe they were doing it. When I was watching, I was like, are they really about to do this.
Speaker 4: They had to do it then, now was you know? Because and that was the thing, Like you waited until season five? You know they could have done this two three seasons at least season four. Get this shot the way and the way he delivered it. When I tell you, I'm so sick of fucking Will crying every fucking thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Bro, you know what's funny?
Speaker 5: Can I did feel for Will for for like a couple of seasons, Like I did.
Speaker 4: I like, he cries all the fucking time, does Yeah, but I did feel like some empathy for him like some other season.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, man, we're going through it ship.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, early on he been to well through some ship. But bro, you're grown ass man now fucking crying.
Speaker 1: But he's not supposed to be a girl ass.
Speaker 5: But he just looked like a girls looked like because he is in real life forty two right. That's the thing that we keep forgetting. That's why I said I think this show ran with a little too long, Yes, little too loon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm I'm with y'all.
Speaker 2: This part irked the shit out of me because it was so long.
Speaker 1: When he was going through all the things that they like.
Speaker 2: Oh, we all liked oreos and we like we like soda pops, and we like jump ropes, and we like video games and we like drawings. I was like, bro, get to the fucking point, Get to.
Speaker 1: The fucking breath. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: The writing was bad and the acting was atrocious. Now there's two things I did like the You'll never lose me part. I did like that when he was like, you'll never lose me, and then the brother came over and then you.
Speaker 3: Know, Mike's like or me or me. I did really like that.
Speaker 2: Only probably didn't like was when Max was like, or me, but you have to come over here and hug me because I can't walk.
Speaker 1: I was like, why don't give a fuck about you?
Speaker 6: Did he ever go over to oh man, man, Yeah, it goes an hugs or I'm like, dog, you don't even really know Max like that though, y'all not that tight, Like come.
Speaker 1: On man, yeah, just in the back of man.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't care that you gay, So what the fun? We're about to go fucking fight the world, and you ever talking about you gay?
Speaker 1: We'll get your gay ass. Something can help us fight, like, don't care about none of this ship what that guy my thing? But he said that gave him.
Speaker 2: His power, and that part is what bugged me. So I did like that Will got his coming out. I did think that was important. I just think the way they handled it was really, really, really bad. The other part, which we will get to in a bit, it didn't pay off. It didn't pay off because you had the same powers that you had before you came out. Now, if he came out and they got the crazy.
Speaker 3: Ass superpower saying type of shit, that's what I thought was gonna happen in the last I'm saying they did.
Speaker 1: A lot of setup, but then it went nowhere.
Speaker 3: Jaylor said that scene was longer than the fight with Victor.
Speaker 1: Facts.
Speaker 2: If he after he came out, all of a sudden, we see that he has these incredct because the gay people will say being gay is my superpower.
Speaker 1: Autensive people will be like, you know, autism is.
Speaker 2: My superpower, and I love that. So I was like, oh, they're gonna make being gay his superpower. So if he fucking came out and was like, bow, I'm a bad bitch, now, I'd have been like, Yo, this is dope.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen. It didn't happen. I thought he was going to be able to like, well, we'll get to we'll get to what I thought with the.
Speaker 4: Mind flair, I was just looking at Mike and we was like, yeah, there was this guy that was uncomfortable. Yeah, I was. And I was looking at Mike. I was like, is Mike going to like you talking about me?
Speaker 1: He was awkward? That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like, because this was the eighties, do you feel like their reaction, all of everybody's reaction was unrealistic.
Speaker 2: I think the entire thing was unrealistic for the eighties. But it's okay because they this show is supposed to be putting forth the idea that they're all, uh, you know, weirdos, outcasts, that type of thing.
Speaker 1: So it made sense to me.
Speaker 2: Dustin's response, Mike all his friends, Yes, yes, their response is made sense.
Speaker 3: If we wanted to be realistic, Steve would have been like hell nah, Joyce would have been like hell nam. Hopper would have been like, bro, I'm out, fuck the upside down. I don't care about nothing. We got to go.
Speaker 1: Geting, get up.
Speaker 2: He is a bad influence he already had a bald ass head before. No, I don't trust none of this, but they didn't have time to do all that.
Speaker 1: That's why I think they took too fucking long.
Speaker 2: It would have been dope if they had this revelation earlier, and then we could have saw them work through it, and then maybe by this season Hopper comes around and he's just like, you know, yeah, we got bigger fish to fry than worrying about you being gay.
Speaker 1: Because El was like, I don't even know what that.
Speaker 3: Means, like gay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What you mean? You know? It's not a happy time.
Speaker 2: And she didn't even have a reaction anyway, because her face is stuck.
Speaker 1: What's something going on with her?
Speaker 5: They said, lippings and some ship going on with her right now.
Speaker 1: Oh she got plastic surgery. I don't know that plastic surgery. I don't know what she got. Enhancements. Yeah, that makes all that. Poor girl, So I understand. I thought her acting was just terrible, that she can't move her face. I didn't notice that the whole she got like lip fillers or some ship. Did you see her smile one time? Exactly?
Speaker 3: I was too caught an ugly outfit. They kept her, they had.
Speaker 2: Costa, they had her dressing crazy, but it was insane. Was stuck dog the whole fucking season.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Will's gay and they all break back into the military base to get back into the Upside Down, which leads us to the next and final episode, chapter eight, the Right Side Up. So they come with the plan to climb the radio tower and wait for vec to start merging the worlds. While this is happening, l Will go into Vecna's mind to fight him, which will halt the merging long enough for them to climb into the abyss from the tower so they can go fight him and the mindflare. So eleven goes into the old Tank, the old tank from season one and two, I guess, and enters Henry's mind with Max. But they're taking a long ass time to find and confront Henry.
Speaker 3: So the tower is hit by the merging worlds. Ken, did you think my man Steve was a goner?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, because by then we already knew nobody's going to die, damn. So and while wait till the now, it would have been great if he did, you know, But nah, this is like because remember Jonathan and Steve had their little moment. It was like, yeah, I don't like you, and I still don't like you, and then he saved them. So it was supposed to be a moment, which I asked, Rod.
Speaker 1: Since you were there, what was the reaction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the reaction was intense and I and that's.
Speaker 1: What I read that they ate it up. They ate it up. But we've been watching the TV a.
Speaker 4: Long time, so I don't know the making of the crowd. But everybody knew he wasn't dead. It would have been great if he fell off, you know.
Speaker 3: But Nah, did y'all think he was a goner? Nah, it's about what you said. By this time, we realized the Arnstakes, nobody's gonna die, It's gonna be happy, and then everybody's gonna be here.
Speaker 1: So hmmm, I thought he was going.
Speaker 3: Man, really, I said, fucking finally, God damn.
Speaker 2: The only thing that got me was the episode prior to Wait was it this day?
Speaker 1: Episode prior we left this part out?
Speaker 2: This is one of my my most heartfelt moments of the show. And when he was talking to Dustin and he was like, you die, I die, and then Dustin looks back and says, you die, I die.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's what I'm talking about, Bro, What did Dustin do with Steve fail? He ain't do ship? You right? You die? You did not die, He didn't do ship. He's Steve. What's yelling gonna do? What the fuck is yelling gonna do? I was like, you lying bitch.
Speaker 3: If I was Steve, I had to climb back up there and knocked fucking Dustin out, You lilying motherfucker?
Speaker 1: You right?
Speaker 2: And since when did Jonathan get this fucking he man armed? How the he's pulling him up.
Speaker 1: By one of all the way like way you would have been able to do that?
Speaker 2: This would have been so much doper if when if you if you didn't want to let him die, if Steve was falling and Dustin jumped to grab him and then Jonathan grabbed him them, so you had two people pulling him up. And it's been like, okay, this makes sense and this fulfills Dustin's response of you die, I die. But the way this happened where it cut to black, then it comes back and he's saved, I was like.
Speaker 4: Fuck y'all, they.
Speaker 2: Did it worked, It worked, It works. Unseasoned chicken. That's what they cooked.
Speaker 1: Chicken. That ship was good. It was good to him. God, this was whack to me. Bro.
Speaker 5: There wasn't many moments in the theater, but yeah, that was definitely one of them.
Speaker 4: M M, because which I could kind of get because you were like, somebody gotta die.
Speaker 1: Yes you so you think, oh, Steve is the.
Speaker 4: One, and they probably got a lot of people's psych Yeah.
Speaker 1: This was whack.
Speaker 2: So l freeze the kids and they all get to the cave where they think they're safe, and then Henry figures out what's going on and he tricks Hopper into shooting the water tank.
Speaker 1: Hopper got to be the dumbest motherfucker. I thought, Okay, did you think did you think Elle was a gunner? No?
Speaker 4: I was like no, because it just didn't make any any sense, Like, how did you just fall for that ship?
Speaker 5: I kind of feel for it, what with you? Because we didn't know where Vecna had went. We didn't know where he had gone to which he left, remember he had he had left. We didn't know where he was, so we thought so I thought maybe he was making that ship, you know, trying to because he needed to he needed her to to get he needed her not to be in that tank to be able to do what she was doing. Yeah, yeah, so I thought that, Yeah, that's what you know. He actually was fucking making her drowned.
Speaker 2: He tricked, He tricked Hopper to see the shooting at him, and then he went and hit the tank. He fake woke up. He thought he had shot through the tank and killed L. So the old whole thing was Henry was trying to trick Hopper and you're taking hell out of the.
Speaker 1: Tank right right, right, right, right right. So yeah, I thought it was real. Yep, I did too.
Speaker 4: The only reason why is because they already said they needed L at the end of the episode with Collie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought that.
Speaker 2: I thought that after what they that cheap ship that they just did with Steve, I was like, they're not gonna do that again, And they fucking did it again five minutes later.
Speaker 1: Evidence to see anything safe and straight?
Speaker 5: What makes you what makes you think that he didn't like? What would be his reason and not to think that that was real?
Speaker 1: Oh for Hopper, it was just dumb for him to shoot. That was my thing with Hopper. Yeah, but he didn't know he was shooting.
Speaker 2: What was he was shooting at Vena, he was shooting at Vecna, but then Vecna wasn't actually there. My thing was, you you know, Vecna is great at these mind.
Speaker 1: Games exactly, that was my thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he had no experienced back though, right, I did, because he shot at him.
Speaker 4: But I think people knew that Vecna has these sort of powers and that he can do these sort of tricks. So and I know people listening like, come on whatever whatever, but I'm like, you know, he was playing these emotional games with him, and he was, you know, and using Eleven. But bro, Like, I just think he because I think he was even talking to Eleven and everybody else about being smart and and and not falling for the tricks and stuff like that, only for him to fall for himself.
Speaker 1: So it just seemed like it was just stupid for.
Speaker 4: Him to compromise the mission like that, you're a soldier and you knew you weren't gonna be able to kill him, like by shooting him.
Speaker 1: He's walking off out of emotion. Though. Yeah, I didn't have a problem with this scene. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I had a problem with them not killing el M cause it's just like, man, you just I think that would have made sense, and that would have been a really like he had to pull her out and she was dying, and then she had to maybe maybe not three shots. Maybe if like one of the shots got her and then she had to do the final battle with that one shot in her, that would have been fine.
Speaker 3: Then she dies after that, that would have been fine.
Speaker 1: But it was just like, bro, why do you keep doing this fake out ship? This is lame? Okay, So what is your opportunity to have Will? Yeah? Will? Yeah? Which is your opportunity you have Will to step up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That would have been really really fresh if after this we see Will taking the fucking lead.
Speaker 1: What ELL's gone? Guys, So I have to go into the battle. Nah nah nah.
Speaker 2: So while they're in the upside down, the Souldiers show up, where y'all sad to see that Collie was in fact, they'd gone her.
Speaker 1: No cool. I thought it was fucked up. Popper left r That ship was so funny. He was even like that he looked at it.
Speaker 5: It was so real, so real, bro. I was like, he was like, I ain't like your right.
Speaker 1: Early on he said one thing, I'm a shooter ass.
Speaker 4: He did say that. Yeah, he was like this my opportunity, bro, because I know you so bullshit. And then I think bec Man just told hop of the plan that Collie and Eleven had cooked up. But man, I was like, yo, he really left that motherfucker brother that ship was now I was actually I was actually surprised she got shot and died. I thought they were doing the because by now I was like, oh, they're gonna save her, you know. So when the shoulder soldier was right there and again they dragging it out, was like grenade and this, I was like, Okay, they're gonna save right then. So when she was actually I was like, oh, ship, they killed this motherfucker for real.
Speaker 1: We don't know m M. So Will hacks into Henry's mind again.
Speaker 2: He's trying to convince Henry to stop being the tool of the mind Flare, but it turns out Henry wanted to do this. He was never really a tool of the mind Flare, which this leads to the final battle. As Elle is fighting Vecna inside of the mind Flare, the rest of the crew fight the mind Flare on the outside with.
Speaker 3: Guns fire and a sharp stick.
Speaker 1: What'd y'all think of this final battle? I told you and Rambow was getting busy though. Nance was like, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: And when did Nancy become Rambow? And like, how did that happen?
Speaker 1: It's been a thing since.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she took out military trains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do a side by between ram Yeah. Yeah, but you mean a woman like that with hair like that. Best believe she can shoot. Best believe this ship was crazy.
Speaker 4: When the mother were doing the sling shot, I was like, damn, they lift this motherfucker on fire.
Speaker 1: They were stabbing it.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's that's that's a lot. And Will still didn't do ship this whole damn time.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: Will didn't do ship after he came about Bro, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He's sorry. He was a sorry waste.
Speaker 4: Like they gave him that moment where he had that big moment, they did nothing else with him. All he did was cry, come out and doss it. What the fuck why? It made no sense? And they gave They gave Joyce her moment towards the end.
Speaker 1: But we're not there yet.
Speaker 4: But with this whole thing with Vechma and this revelation with him, this was another part that they added to the story that was confusing with this guy in the cave and the military thing. I still don't know what the fuck that shit is.
Speaker 1: I still don't.
Speaker 4: Know how it tied into the story outside of it. Just it's just the government shit.
Speaker 1: It was. It was the mind flare was in that rock.
Speaker 3: They making a prequel using this to Oh.
Speaker 4: It's just like they just added more shit because now you got the government, now you got this mind flare in this rock thing. You got this guy that's we don't know what the fuck he was doing in the cave and why he was there and they sent you and what and how and why this was traumatizing for him?
Speaker 1: Why was he afraid of this memory? Because he killed a person? So he was a child, but he wanted to do it, he didn't want to kill him.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy shot him in the hand, which was already unrealistic as fuck, because a fucking ten year old is shot in the hand. He's not fighting back, he's running away. But whatever, he was shot in the hand and he killed the guy with the rock.
Speaker 1: Was this enough? Absoluckingly not? Okay, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: I get that what they were trying to say was traumatic, but this wasn't enough for me.
Speaker 4: Not when you once you got if you opened the thing and the mind Flair, it takes you over. And now you made this choice to become the mind Flair. I don't know why this memory, the origin story or villain arc was so traumatized.
Speaker 1: Give me something else. Agreed, Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 2: Maybe if he had accidentally killed his friend in that cave or something, that would have been one thing.
Speaker 1: But m M, what about y'all?
Speaker 3: It wasn't enough, like you said, But I see why they did it so they could continue to which is crazy because you said that they didn't have a full story to put that there, in my opinion, only to do a prequel. I was like, Bro, we didn't need that. Y'all could have ended this story. We don't need a prequel. It should be over. You didn't have to put the mind Flare in there. If that was the wonder to be interested about the next series, just leave it alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the kids being stuck in there and that claw thing actually being the mind Flair, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I did like that. I did like that. To the visualism on that, we're pretty dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Before I give my thoughts on the Final Battle Rogers, you have anything that you want.
Speaker 1: To add yeah, just could have.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of with them like this could have been better, Like especially Will could have had an opportunity here to be to make it more believable. I know they were just supposed to be kind of like a distraction to give l more leverage against Vegna inside of the mind Flair, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just it just felt like it was missing something else to me. I hated this whole thing.
Speaker 3: I hated this whole thing.
Speaker 2: This is the final battle that you built up for for five fucking.
Speaker 1: Seasons, and it made no sense.
Speaker 2: First of all, when the mind Flare came out and it was a big ass fucking monster, I was like, all right.
Speaker 1: Y'all about to get somebody about to die? Fuck that somebody, at least somebody should die. Somebody should die.
Speaker 2: Or at least get your arm knocked off, get your back broke. Something is about to happen. You motherfuckers shot it with bullets? Are you fucking kidding me? So the Demagorgans they shoot with bullets, and they're impervious, but it hurts the fucking mind Flare.
Speaker 1: Issue Part one two.
Speaker 2: You motherfuckers are seriously climbing up on that hill and throwing fucking rush sh RUNI they.
Speaker 1: Ran hill.
Speaker 2: And they were seriously throwing water balloons with gasoline or some shit and lighting the mind flare on fire.
Speaker 1: And this is hurting it. I was so annoyed.
Speaker 2: Then the worst part, Dustin and Steve run under it with some sticks.
Speaker 1: This is for Ednie, for Ednie, and they stabbing it in the belly. Are y'all kidding me? Are y'all kidding me?
Speaker 2: And the mind flare is getting fucked up, And no point did it get on the phone like demo gorgons.
Speaker 1: And get you what are we doing?
Speaker 2: So when I was waiting until this part to say this, when people say at least they didn't Game of Thrones us, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like they did.
Speaker 2: I feel like they did because you made all of these rules, you established all of these rules. Then you get to the final season and you throw all of the rules in the trash can.
Speaker 1: Whenever the mind.
Speaker 2: Flare was it felt threatened or it needed some shit done, it calls the fucking demogorgons. But in the final moment, nothing really, guys, nothing.
Speaker 3: Come on, dude, I see what you're saying about Thrones. Now, when you explain it that way.
Speaker 1: It's just like y'all didn't even try.
Speaker 3: It felt like y'all had such a good setup, y'all had so much good story being at the end because it's almost like fuck it a whatever. What.
Speaker 4: It's almost like they were presenting like the mind Flair was supposed to be the final Boss, yes, but it didn't really act final boss y.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: It was just like no Vekna and the mind Flare we are one and together we are the final Boss.
Speaker 3: And the thing is they put it on the table that Will could have been powerful enough to defeat it, but he didn't he use the power. All he did was break his arm off. Yeah, really, dude, that's it.
Speaker 2: You had this whole coming out party and all you can do is I'm gonna break your.
Speaker 1: Arm because she was struggling. See, I didn't even like that. Make this a little bit more realistic.
Speaker 2: Break El's leg, hurt her in some way, you slamming her around, you're vecna.
Speaker 1: It was just lame, dude.
Speaker 4: And I think he said earlier that he's gotten more powerful.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem like.
Speaker 4: Yeah when she tried to when she stopped, when they had their first five.
Speaker 1: She was trash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't seem like the same Vecna that had walked out there like a bad Yeah, what y'all doing?
Speaker 1: And I got ship to do on me. No, he wasn't that dude.
Speaker 3: No, they should have given us a little bit to make us understand why he was less powerful, Like maybe it's because he went into the cave, but that seemed like that would make him more powerful because he overcame his his fear.
Speaker 1: It was just lame, man.
Speaker 2: But what did y'all think of Joyce having the final death blow? You fuck with the wrong family, get him Joyce. I was wondering why her old ass was there. Yeah, yeah, because she had no purpose before then.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I did like that she got her moment because I mean, he and and it showed like because they were trying to make us have some sort of empathy for Henry Vecna whatever. But then you're like, no, this motherfucker was harming kids, you know what I'm saying. So I think it was a good moment to remind people know, this motherfucker deserted to have his head chocked up.
Speaker 1: The kids were stupid and fucked too.
Speaker 5: He wasn't molesting though, was he Technically he killed him?
Speaker 1: He didn't molesting the kids o the world. Oh Jesus Christy, right, what are you talking about. That's that's Trump. That's kind of molesting. Yeah, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Come on, I like dip ship Derek though, I was gonna say that before we got done wrapping up.
Speaker 1: Derek is one of my favorite characters.
Speaker 2: It was funny, he was he was cute, but he wasn't enough to make this work. So yeah, so that that they killed Vecna once they leave su fumer questions here, guys, Once they leave, they're arrested by the military, but Eleven sacrifices themselves so they could all get away.
Speaker 1: Really did they like the when she killed heck Off?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was another moment?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Okay, well we already knew it was gonna have then, so well, we'll get to that later. Poor Mike Bruh Eleven always leaving his ass. Like, Bro, at this point, she might not want your ass, right, you might want to go ahead, look at the writing on the wall.
Speaker 1: Bro. She didn't even get you on yet. She gave a little kiss. We all saw. I mean, they told us it was gonna happen. It happened.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I think it may have worked for some people. I didn't think she was really going to go through with it, but she did. And I'm like, nah, she can't really be dead.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 4: And I kept waiting and waiting like that coming back, they really got eleven. So I'm like at this point, I was like, well, I guess they had to have something like to like some some steak, some emotional hook to be like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, eleven is dead.
Speaker 4: And I was like, Okay, that's that's admirable. At this point, they waited too late.
Speaker 3: It was too predictable, like you knew that was going said, they said that was gonna happen, and it happened like it wouldn't know, Oh God moments.
Speaker 1: And poor Harp Harper, you know.
Speaker 4: But she had a conversation with him roller She was like, you know, hey, you know, I can make my own decision now, basically saying I'm not your daughter.
Speaker 1: Not basically that was not basically that's what she told him.
Speaker 3: Yes, that ship was like what just rash you as talking about.
Speaker 1: He ain't my daughter? Like no, she wasn't that damn At this point, you are my child. Gave her back the game, gaming, bath the thing and this, that and the other. So he probably wasn't like, all right, that was real. That was real. That was I don't know why they wrote it like that. Yeah, because that's that's that's absolutely his daughter.
Speaker 5: Like it's kind of like the uh, the fucking last of Us type of ship, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, man, that's your fucking it was. It was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really weird because yeah, it's like we've seen that all year, and like, I guess because they have an emotional attachment and we develop an emotional attachment seeing the relationship, uh teasing us with him potentially killing her or shooting her earlier, and then her breaking this relationship by saying, I'm not your daughter, trust me, you have to trust me. I know what I'm doing, and then him letting her go to make this decision and then it happening. So you know, I don't know, called it motherfucker papa?
Speaker 2: Sure did the fuck little ship? What'd y'all think of the graduation?
Speaker 3: I know this means has been around it, but how did Alex graduate? Who actually graduate?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Because she was at school?
Speaker 3: Because she was I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: I did not even I didn't even see what you're talking about. Graduated or something. Please, I don't know. She was two years by. I know. Is I like Dustin's speech. I like dust speech. It was it was such a dusting thing. Yeah, that's what Eddie said he would do. So that's what. That's what.
Speaker 3: And I just rewatched it all. So, yeah, that's exactly what Eddie. That's why they played the Iron Maiden the Trooper when it happened.
Speaker 1: That's why he had the health fire shirt on. I love that. That was really exact.
Speaker 5: I looked at principal and the game a big fun just snatched my award, and.
Speaker 1: That's what he did. It probably would have hit different about if you knew that. Yeah, it hit real hard for me. That was Eddie's. But yeah, I have that. I had just binged. The whole ship had just binged. So good man, that was That is dope. That is dope. You take my life and I'll take yours too. He was happy he got masked.
Speaker 4: Bro y'all see him come on outool to us.
Speaker 1: He grabbed about the ways and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when she was doing a little skateboard things, yeah, That's why I thought it was way later because she was walking again.
Speaker 1: So maybe she took some classes at home.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, he did come out and looking like somebody's fucking old ass uncle looking girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come take a look at you. It will take a look at your girl. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But she looked at him like it was weird, though, I don't blame her. She's like, you're old as fuck.
Speaker 1: Like you're feeling touchy today.
Speaker 3: Huh you ride that skateboard?
Speaker 1: She was like, what you do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Come on, come here, girl, come close? Three feet three feet? All right? So this is the end of the of the episode.
Speaker 2: What'd you think of the final gathering of the older kids talk about Jonathan, Steve, Nancy Robin.
Speaker 1: That was lame. That was lame. His Yeah, it ain't even a big story, not even about y'all. We don't even see y'all.
Speaker 3: Damn, Like we got the injiney with the kids that we started with this we don't care what y'all.
Speaker 1: Just wrapped everything up.
Speaker 4: And my thing was when the final battle in it and I saw we still have forty minutes?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 4: Was I the only one that was like, what the it happened?
Speaker 1: I was like, this is like, we're gonna fight again. Some gotta be coming back from was gonna come back? I thought the same ship. I was like, there's no way. What else do we need to know? A lot? Apparently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently we need to get every single body story and that's what they gave.
Speaker 1: Jonathan's a filmmaker, nantes and reporters, multiple women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Robin ain't got no girl no more apparently because they just I don't know what happened to.
Speaker 1: Her work at the station. This was Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: This was wrap up was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was Anybody else got anything I say about this part? Nah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like I said, a lot of these scenes just ran way too long.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: So what did y'all think of the very final scene, which was the gathering of the younger kids, Will Duncan.
Speaker 1: Mike Lucas there playing the game.
Speaker 2: They're playing the game and then Mike tells the story and they're all crying.
Speaker 3: I thought, you a better story to tell her than that? And then he told the one.
Speaker 1: I like that. That was good. That was actually good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like you are right, this is the one that everybody had waiting on. This is the actual closer, Like, no, they did good here to ended with them playing D n D like that that. It was a perfect even the way they set it up with the sprinklers in the beginning, all of that was like a callback to the first episode. So it's just like, damn they did that.
Speaker 4: It started with them in that game. It carried over throughout all the seasons. Even every time they brought it up, somebody was like, oh lord, which was funny to me.
Speaker 1: And I think.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is, as you mentioned earlier, Mike, the safest, easiest way to do it, to give people two endings, one where she died and the possibility of her being.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just gutless to me, it's gutless.
Speaker 3: She died, and she didn't like, don't give us that legs that I agree with you did.
Speaker 4: And and I'm going back to the conversation she had because now I'm like, she said, trust me, you gotta trust me in this situation.
Speaker 1: And what did that mean?
Speaker 4: We? You know, did it mean what Mike is making up in his head? Is that what he's saying to himself or is she really dead? I you know, I don't know, Like, what does the trust state sentence.
Speaker 1: Mean, it was really ambiguous.
Speaker 2: My thing is this, if I'm Mike, I can't believe that she's alive, because that's fucked up. You're alive and you go and you're living in some dope ass village somewhere where three waterfalls would live.
Speaker 1: It was my idea. Everybody can't go. You know what I'm saying, everybody Cabody can't go. Man, Nah, this was this was crazy. I believe. I'm like, y'all better not believe this ship My girl left me. Ah, yeah, I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: It would be like on Thrones if Brand told us a story that Denarius walked away from the and she living somewhere with the dragon, like what?
Speaker 1: But it does make that.
Speaker 2: The thing that bothers me is it does make sense because after graduation, Mike here's the speaker, and that makes him think of the machine that remember that machine that stops their powers. So that's when he tells that story. Those machines were on so Elle didn't have her powers. So when he says, oh, Colly was just putting up a fake out or whatever, it's like, Oh, there's your fucking out, you cheap, gutless fuckers, they cheated.
Speaker 1: They absolutely, that's what I said. I was like, oh, but you know, I totally get it.
Speaker 4: I understand why they did it because there's a huge number of people that I wouldn't like that, but I think it makes for a better story. You know, five years she sacrificed herself for everybody because she's been trying to do this ship since what season one two?
Speaker 1: She died over and over. Yes, so it fits who she is.
Speaker 4: She'll be easy to find because if he believes that, he just needs to go to those places.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: The other thing I saw and I can't believe this is a real thing. I don't know if you guys saw it, but people thought this was a fake season finale.
Speaker 1: It's gonna come back. You have seen this.
Speaker 5: This is the craziest, man, Like, it was a rumor like that some sort of conformity gate was opening.
Speaker 1: And this was just yeah, yeah, I didn't look it up.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, it was something like like it was a way that this this was like, can't say it's a fake. And then it was supposed to come out on Wednesday at eight pm or something.
Speaker 1: Like they built this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Man, they think all this ship is made up bro.
Speaker 1: So do they think that there's going to be another And yes, they don't.
Speaker 5: Now they got it didn't come out. Yeah, but they thought it was up until Wednesday based on something on the bookshelf. It was the way the words were, the letters were, and.
Speaker 1: They took that ship.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh, they went full conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: They did not want to accept the end.
Speaker 4: They did not want to say up the Stranger Things were over. So they were like, yeah, this is there's gonna be another episode, drop it later. Yeah, and the guy I didn't see them the bunkeet, but I did see the guy was like, nah, I think it's it's over, you know, sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was both like four kids. They were like no, I can't in like this, this can't be. It's gotta be some whip except it.
Speaker 2: Well, that one is they will have a prequel, as Spike alluded to.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not gonna test you. I'm sure you're right.
Speaker 2: And then they also have another show coming out called Stranger Things something like what Happened in eighty five or some ship. So there's a live action prequel that is a you said it was a prequel. I thought it was just like you know what, I did know that. I did know that the live action one is supposed to be a prequel to what happened with the Mind Flare. But then there's another show that's a cartoon that is the same kids, So it's just going back.
Speaker 1: They're like doing a.
Speaker 2: Star Wars yeah, during like two of the seasons, because there was like a huge time jump between like three and four maybe ors either two and three or three and four. So they're going back and they're telling what happened during animation.
Speaker 1: Is easy because you don't have to deal with age.
Speaker 3: If you didn't have an ending, what story rolled out, why would you go back and try to fill in the gaps?
Speaker 1: Now that's crazy because it's it's a huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same reason they're doing that ship with Star Wars.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a fucking ending.
Speaker 2: So then now they're going back in time doing Mandalorian and other ship to make the whack ass ending they actually did make sense.
Speaker 4: And that's why they didn't want to give a definitive conclusion to the.
Speaker 1: Store that far. Oh yeah, they left it open. They still left it.
Speaker 4: Open, yees, So they can double back because twenty thirty forty years from now when all these people grew up watching it.
Speaker 1: There. Yeah, this is their star. That's what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: At some point, they're going to get back to current time and then the something's gonna come back, the mind flare or something's gonna come back, and then they're gonna be fighting it, and then they're gonna look over and there's gonna be a leather on the.
Speaker 1: Top of a hill.
Speaker 2: Maybe the song will play, be running up that hill, and she's gonna come in there and she's gonna help them fight it.
Speaker 1: That's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: But we don't need it, man, y'all could have just wrapped this story up with a nice bow. It just all feels so gutless. That's the only word that comes to my mind. It's just gutless. At least Game of Thrones was trash, but at least they fucking committed. They committed to a trash ass ending. Y'all are just like, we don't want to piss anybody off, so we'll just give you some bullshit that could go this way or go that way.
Speaker 1: Whack whack. It's funny about Game of Thrones.
Speaker 5: They still doing the same thing that they're trying to do what's that going back doing?
Speaker 1: Prel gave you all this, but we're still gonna go do it.
Speaker 4: Well, some of that stuff is already written, so they're not even making it up. I think they're gonna the dumb is gonna make all this ship up doing it.
Speaker 2: That's the funniest part. The Duffer brother aren't even doing it. They're handing it off to somebody else.
Speaker 3: They're like, I'm over this.
Speaker 1: Nine years of my life and we gave you all some bullshit. That's an ending. I'm not gonna write no more of this bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think when it comes the kids shows, you have to say, we're just doing three years and that's it. Three seasons and you have to protect the kids aging. You just have to protect against it, so you.
Speaker 3: Can't wait so long in the seasons. Man, that's their fault.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's Netflix's fault or if that's Duffer Brother's fault, but.
Speaker 1: Y'all fuck this up. Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was not happy with the ending. I think it was okay. I think they could have done a lot better. That's my stance.
Speaker 3: Do you think any one of those kids gonna go on to be like stars.
Speaker 1: Lucas, Lucas know, White Lotus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's casting and I was like, how the fun? But when they showed a picture of him and I was.
Speaker 1: Like this fucking look forty. Yeah, you can be a White.
Speaker 4: Lotus and Mike, I think they Mike has been in stuff.
Speaker 1: He's not a good actor, so it's going to be the new I'm sorry, I'm bad. What are you saying? No, I was just saying, I don't know if it's gonna work. I don't know if it's working for him. But he's been in movies. Oh has he? I thought Mike has Yeah, that's what I know. He's in a band. I didn't know he's another movie. He wasn't it? You're right? But he played he played the same fucking.
Speaker 5: Role he played in Ghostbusters too, and he played the same role. Yeah, but he can't play it anymore because now he's old, right, you know what I'm saying, So now he can't play a kid anymore.
Speaker 1: I thought he was a teenager and Ghostbusters he was still young.
Speaker 3: Like if you go because I love that Ghostbusters film, if you go back.
Speaker 2: And look, he was still very young. And now he looks like he's at least twenty.
Speaker 4: Because they did that whole young old thing in the in the in the final episode two.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like to see Dustin see how he plays out for him.
Speaker 1: I think he does. I think. So you've seen Eddie and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Eddie's been in everything, so he's getting them more his career.
Speaker 1: Man in Marvel. Oh wow. The rumored that she's gonna be Jane Gray. I thought I saw, Damn, who did I see? Is it Jane Gray?
Speaker 2: That's what I've seen. I don't know if you saw. I thought it was something. I thought it was somebody else. I thought I thought she's gonna be in Spider Man.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I did see that rumor because they were saying she might be Mary Jane.
Speaker 1: Because she has the red hair and stuff.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, they haven't released but they said that she is absolutely joining Marvel. But nobody knows as what she could be Jean Gray or she could what you say, it was a night show what it was. So, yeah, she could be in Spider Man, she could be an X Men. But she's gonna I think she's gonna be Okay. She's a good actor. She's a good actor. Lucas is a good actor. Will is terrible, Mike is not great, Jonathan not great, Steve is just in something recently.
Speaker 1: A couple of times.
Speaker 3: I've seen Stephen a couple of things. I've seen Jonathan in a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't seen Jonathan or anything.
Speaker 5: I saw a rumor of Lucas being Marssel Rales live action.
Speaker 2: That could be dope, but there's nothing about him that says Spanish to me. But I was still I like him. I think he's a good actor. So you sure he's not gonna be playing like Miles Morouse's uncle or some shit stupid the Prowler.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's our that's our review. Anybody got any final thoughts.
Speaker 4: I'm glad it's over. I didn't know it's been nine years until they told me. I can only imagine what it's like starting out at nine and now being nineteen watching some shit like that. That has to be a crazy, wild shit for them to experience. It got to a point where you get to four or five, it was just as Austin, they just started adding so much stuff to it. I still enjoyed it, I still love being there, but it just started to become bloated and heavy, a lot of characters and shit, it's just it's hard to keep up with it. So I'm glad that we're done. We're done here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't think I would enjoy it at all. But when I did sit down and watch it, it wasn't horrible. Okay, but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. But it wasn't horrible, So I wasn't mad at it.
Speaker 1: If you if you would have started from season.
Speaker 4: One, it started all the way over, you know, if you would have started with us, with everybody time.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I started. I was. I just felt when it first came out, I watched it, I.
Speaker 3: Just started dust t shirt and some motion when absolutely I'm super into this. When it first came out, it just got too long, Like, yeah, I was into you.
Speaker 1: Had never seen it.
Speaker 3: I was dating girl at the time, trying to get her to watch it. Like I was into this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when Jalen has said it, you made it seem like you.
Speaker 3: I just fell off of it, like when Teason four came around and the death, like I had gotten tired of it in season four and then I seen the finale it was like two hours.
Speaker 1: I'm not Oh, last thing. How was the theater experience, because I saw it went really well for them? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 5: Like I thought it was gonna be a little bit more like I thought it was gonna be a lot of like cheering and like, oh, some crime moments too, like people were crying. Yeah, it was crime moments, pussy's And I thought it was gonna be clap moments at the end, but it wasn't any clap moments.
Speaker 4: I think I saw reports that they were that were moments of that. So I don't know you had went, so I was just kind of curious to see what it was like. Yeah, it was like watching it on the bit screen, though, was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cool. I mean it was different. It's weird.
Speaker 5: I thought it was gonna feel different for some reason, but it just didn't. Like It's almost like I would have rather it be in my in my living room because it's like I'm so used to to watching it there, So it was weird watching it in a theater or whatever. It was like, this feels weird, you know, but it was still cool. Like I don't know if y'all know, but you get like a food voucher and drinks and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she paid for it. They give you. It's like you didn't pay for the movie.
Speaker 5: You just basically paid for like your food and drink and then So yeah, it was It was an interesting concept.
Speaker 4: I wish I would have a chance to go just to experience it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's cool. It was cool. I had to breathe.
Speaker 5: She was in town for you know, out of college and stuff, so that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, so yeah, that was more than anything, like just having that experience like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta do it. I think I think this is one of those moments you can go. I was there, you got to experience it. I was there. I might disagree, but.
Speaker 2: I would have been pissed if I took my ass to the fucking theater and watched this show.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do agree with you.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would have been pissed, but I do see why you say you would have been pissed if you went through that experience just to get that.
Speaker 1: And just for the record, I didn't hate the ending as much as you. Yeah, I can tell thing. I didn't hate it as much as you.
Speaker 5: I do think it was a little gutless, but I almost kind of expected them to do it like this, you know what I'm saying. That's like, yeah, they're just gonna play safe at this point, and you know, I don't know why I thought anything different. I was almost mad at myself for this. No, they weren't gonna do that, so I was just like, you know, I wasn't disappointed.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, good, I'm glad you were not disappointed. I'm sure we'll all be here for this Stranger Things prequel. We'll see how that goes. But but yeah, all right, well y'all were asking for it. Here it is, so y'all better run these views up, goddamn leave some comments, share it with a friend or two
Speaker 1: And we will see y'all next time we out.