Speaker 1: Holy chess man, half woman. Yes, Garie, want to help you to the tea. It's Garret. Gary has the tea and the come on the day. Gary.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Riggi, Good morning America. Good morning in the US. Tuesday, A beautiful, beautiful day in the neighborhood. And here's what's happening in celebrity news.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Remember if Michael Jackson had that song, keep it in the closet. You know, I guess I don't know what he wanted kept in the closet, But a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Saying, y'all, Oprah Winfrey may have taken that literally there because they're being reports that you know, she evidently kept stepping locked up in the closet. People will wondering where and the hell they weren't. That's about they making this big stick about them being seen. They have been seen together in seven years now, they say, Oprah and Steman, y'all have been a couple for years. And I asked her fan Rose, They said, speculations.
Speaker 1: Around the romance spirals.
Speaker 2: Each fresh outing together led to fresh speculation and in some cases your.
Speaker 1: Allegations about the pair. As Oprah made a decision.
Speaker 2: Now they said she and her longtime partner opted to scale back.
Speaker 1: Their joint public appearances.
Speaker 2: Oprah Wants revealed every time there's a new photograph, there's a new story. Rather than feed the sidles, she said, the couple hundred simply after to keep their relationship largely off screen, making their rare public moments together like this moment's were you you know, they were talking about, you know, like I just talked about the seven year time. They hadn't been sein since seven long years. But now my thing is that, you know, people are being missed and I don't know why they being missed because a lot of people say, even though they still not marriage steaming in Oprah, they got engaged once upon a time and they decided, you know, honey, that they didn't want to get married. I guess missus Winfrey didn't want to marry him after all. And now they're still together. But people are saying, maybe people thought that maybe step wouldn't even their honey marry missus Winfrey because you know, they said, you know, with him being the attractive man that he is, and miss Winfrey had got her dollars up yet, but she could get her the best makeup and stuff.
Speaker 3: They said, you know, what are you talk getting her up to get the best makeup?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you know you had dallars since she was in Chicago doing the Oprah Wolf Show. What are you talking?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I had that many dollars because she wasn't the one who she is.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing to do with makeup. He's seen no wing without it and he's still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all of that.
Speaker 2: But as I was saying, people were saying that Oprah hadn't got her dollars up yet, you know, to give the beauty and flawless person that she is.
Speaker 3: Today, that she's always flawless, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be sorry.
Speaker 1: They're still together. Absolutely that you one to sorry.
Speaker 2: She got somebody you don't Jesus, And that's all I need.
Speaker 1: And you don't need nothing else, nobody else, nothing else us giving me that thing? Oh no, girl, Come on now.
Speaker 4: But if I if I'm standing, I'll stay in that back house, so I'll be bringing cooking breakfast and everything.
Speaker 1: I'll be picking. Was making bouquets.
Speaker 4: I borrow a couple of peo, and I borrow a couple of care. The piece I'll bring him driving miss Daisy.
Speaker 2: Come on now, yes lord, yes, lord, but anyway, but congratulate.
Speaker 1: You know the Oprah and Steve of there still together.
Speaker 2: Yes, down, honey, after not being seen in the public for seven old days and years.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to steming. Honey. He's holding on on me because my think is this.
Speaker 2: You know, a nice handsome face always works well, but you know somebody that's contrast.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the nice handsome face ain't the nicest person. So apparently that's not it. Apparently he's nice to her and she's nice to him.
Speaker 1: Yes lord, yes, you did they sleep together?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you live in the back house and she called for my services or whatever. That was some Nike shorts. Yeah, my jockey change. I'll be sitting on so far. Put my feet in them Nike slides, running across, running to that damn my house and kill her right quick.
Speaker 1: I'm here to go back, go back line pull going home on.
Speaker 4: The gard You know he got a little golf cart too, blah boy, put the bare robe on the Nike slines, boy, like I wouldn't even take the slide.
Speaker 1: I killed. Oh, go straight off the golf cart. That's open up.
Speaker 4: That backslide through to the master bedroom boy, because you already know she got a slide shoot room pulling asleep.
Speaker 1: Sleep fold hold it you're talking about folded for the Nike slides. Talk about it.
Speaker 2: Gary and this beautiful white mister Nico Hunt reasonally celebrate their tenth way down the versus which honeyed the model mark with a carousel of nostalgic Instagram photos of them together through the years. Now they're saying that the community guy there and his future wife met in two thousand and nine and dated for several years before tiring the night in Santa Barbara, California on August the thirteen. Now they're saying that they share kids together. Then whatever, but never that's an the lost to her show, Mister Niko said, Baby Hunting.
Speaker 1: First of all, it ain't all it ain't been all that good. She said.
Speaker 2: You know, they had their un sit down, you know with a legend and Honey, that a legend. But when Kevin honey, a leegend was being distorted her that woman had been told her put them pictures out saying that they had been been together and what happened and stuff like that, you know, and they can't remember that, and she talks about that honey and her story and what happened. But my the question is to you people, would y'all stay together with a person that publicly cheated and you knew about it and saw the pictures of.
Speaker 1: It and open cheated. I went here, stay in the house.
Speaker 4: I got my Nike slides and the Nike ship and I still one over there.
Speaker 1: And then you know she ask that man for the rent what she needs for he in the rent house. That's the back houses that you guess how get to my question this question?
Speaker 2: Then that's the question, would y'all stay if y'all person cheated?
Speaker 1: If y'all knew public that this person cheats.
Speaker 4: And Garrett, you know, the relationships gonna ben gonna be perfect.
Speaker 2: But with you, I'm not saying with you if you publicly cheat on me, because all I would think about it is we wind to take in my hear how y'all was sleeping together?
Speaker 1: Did y'all kiss the way we kids go? If you less stuff go face? Would you say with your husband that you did?
Speaker 6: I mean you said publicly and the pictures?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably not have to learn how to forgive, no forgetive Jesus forgive us for our sins. Is so you can't forgive her because she meant some other dude that applebe.
Speaker 1: But you want you want to go.
Speaker 4: You want Jesus to forgive you for your sins and your transgressions.
Speaker 6: We might be able to forgive, but we might not be able to forget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might not forget. But the only thing you have to do is hold on to God's unchanging hands. Hold on his hand, steal your hot on things eternal, hold on the God's unchanged hand.
Speaker 7: Only God.
Speaker 1: One thing about God. He ain't gonna switch it up on you. And just like he bought hone your life, he'll bring somebody else. But you got to learn to forgive if you want him to forgive you. Come on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He's not the Kingdom of God. He would direct that path. Wow, yes, now I know what. They have nothing to do with what we talking about, but that just that thing just fell on Mela la la la laah.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the Claude to day.
Speaker 2: Honey is one of my favorite coludes, my Gloody's pre Simmons. On the High you say, Priscilla and on the lun just say beautiful oranges, red.
Speaker 1: That's your little the spirit moved you didn't real water thing out next to me? Boy? I think that next to boy.
Speaker 4: Y'all got to stop being some anger Fred not thyself for evil doers, but they soon shall be cut off.
Speaker 1: This cease from anchor, cease from anger.
Speaker 4: That's that's why it says, because they would be cut down like the green herb.
Speaker 1: The songs thirty seventh, y'all give it up and Gary with the.
Speaker 5: Ring up?
Speaker 1: Did you see that post? People are talking. Here's what's on the Rickey Smiley Morning Show. Listen out this morning.
Speaker 4: We're talking about you know something a lot of people can relate to, and that children living at home with their parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, RICKI, you're.
Speaker 3: Going to a new report over twenty five million Americans up to the age of thirty five are living at home with their parents. And get this, about seventy percent of adults between twenty five and thirty four who live with their parents do have jobs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this isn't necessarily about people being unemployed or not wanting to grow up. Housing costs, y'all, they're making it so hard for young adults to even get a place of their own. Since twenty nineteen, home prices have gone up over thirty four percent. A third of the price is while rent has climbed nearly eighteen percent, and a lot of people living at home are contributing, like helping with groceries, utilities, rent or even the mortgage.
Speaker 4: So this morning, we want to know how old it's too old to be living at home with their parents with your parents? Hit us up at eighty six six nine we eighty sixty six, man, I c k e, why what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Afritas well?
Speaker 6: You know, I mean I have a thirty year old who has you know, he flies for a living, and so he has a place in Houston, but he comes up a lot to Dallas to DFW area. When he's here, I want him at my house for like ten days.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: And I just think it's so expensive right now? Who can have the average price of a house is like half a million dollars. Can you imagine being twenty two and paying a half a million dollars for a house?
Speaker 1: Who can afford that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you say with your moment when you gone, well, but my thing is this now, I'm glad y'all came to me, I think eighteen is the limit.
Speaker 2: Oh, way up eighteen is? I moved away from home at seventeen, and everybody I was to change care. Yeah the time change was still everybody, Oh it's too expensive enough. I was making five dollars an hour hundred working at MDMs. I had an apartment, a car, and anima makes create a car.
Speaker 1: Honey, and he's different now. But y'all let these kids stand home today.
Speaker 2: Damn thirty five apartments was four hundred dollars back they were well, but still saying me. But the kids nowadays making enough money, if they manage their money right, they could get in an apartment.
Speaker 1: Y'all hollering about, Oh, I'm gonna let let Nokie stay here until he's thirty.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna be no damn good for nobody's daughter because you don't know how to live because you didn't let him stay with you till you're thirty and giving you fifty dollars a month for rent. Having much they're doing, I don't think I think grown kids need to be out their parents' house. Every man and.
Speaker 1: Everyone wan should have their own house.
Speaker 9: You, I mean, Gary ain't lying all the way he's he got some, he got some.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's something to that. But if if he's if my kids.
Speaker 9: Went to college and they finished college and they came home, they still trying to figure out what they want to do. Okay, if they got a plan, let's put this plan together. You can stay here and get on.
Speaker 1: Your feet and you know, but you ain't just gonna sit there. You ain't gonna sit there and do nothing. So I don't mind. I don't mind opening up.
Speaker 9: The house to the kids, you know, twenty six, twenty seven whatever. But uh yeah, yeah, but Gary all the way wrong?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 3: What do you think brat em man truth stay with me as long as he wants to win them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish my older kids was living with me because the home, the home training that I steered them earlier, they would be such an asset to have them here. They worked their asshole. They don't ask for nothing, and my oldest daughter clean up a kitchen like nobody's damn business like for real and milial.
Speaker 1: He go out there and do yard work. But they don't want to stay. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They are independence, Yeah, she said, she said upstairs as creepy that's her excuse. And him he just wanted want his own place because he's twenty five, so he I think he probably running a brother and down there Hollywood, Florida.
Speaker 1: Can't get them to come over there.
Speaker 4: And when I went down to Florida, couldn't get them to come see me. I'm like ten minutes away, like I'll call you right back.
Speaker 1: What he got going on down there? Him and my nephews, Him and c and Asia.
Speaker 4: They are all together by agent for my nephew birthday, and then they can find no kind of time to come see me while I was in town to be a confronted butybody there because I would have had to end up giving them a cash up, taking them to damn Pluss and.
Speaker 1: Buying some groceries or something.
Speaker 4: That's good, yeah, but but I really did wish my older kids stay with me because when I tell you, there's such an asset in the house, the fact that they got good on training and we'll get he will get his ass up and go out in the yard and find something to do.
Speaker 1: You don't even have to tell him to do nothing.
Speaker 4: But they don't want to. They want to be independent. So I understand that. But the prices aren't high because every now and then, you know, I have to help out with something, you know.
Speaker 1: Ricky.
Speaker 2: With that being said, what about coming in and out of saying to some eligue want to come in at four in the morning.
Speaker 1: Now, they don't do that. I know they don't do it.
Speaker 4: I was just saying wet to probably probably don't want to say because I have boundaries like I ain't gonna let you do all of that or whatever. But if they do go out on the weekend or something, they ease back as long as they don't wake me up, I'm cool or semi a text message let me know that hey, I made it back in the house. And I'm saying we have to have some kind of understanding and communication.
Speaker 1: But the older kids ain't. They don't bother like that.
Speaker 4: They ain't real real busy like that to the point where they'll get on your nerve. But but then the same money, there was the goal with the same money to purchase a home, you know what I'm saying, or to purchase a condo or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm down with it. I don't have no issues like that. So I want to know what y'all think.
Speaker 4: Eight sixty six nine, Riga eight sixty six nine, or I see why let's go to the barons.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 7: My name is Kids. I'm from DC.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's an age, and I say that because you have cultures out.
Speaker 1: There that rive more when the family stays together. So I don't think there's an age, and.
Speaker 3: I don't think that it should be a rule of just because you're eighteen, you gotta good Marlin.
Speaker 8: This is Linda from that much weezy, and I personally believe that as long as.
Speaker 10: Our kids need our support, we should be.
Speaker 8: There to support them.
Speaker 5: Now that's not to say that they're gonna be thirty time.
Speaker 10: Watching my bet and my Netflix in my house, but in this economy.
Speaker 11: With things being so shaky, if.
Speaker 8: Your children aren't prepared, for instance, with Talente.
Speaker 5: Degree, but if your kid is struggling.
Speaker 10: To find a career, trying to get maybe a trade still in college.
Speaker 5: I think that's time that we support.
Speaker 8: Okay, my name is Audree, I'm Frementous. I don't as long as you, I don't here he's an age limited as long as the children are in school or working, trying to create themselves. And this in order to be self sufficient. But with me being single, visits my kids can live with me forever. I don't care because I'm not entertaining me and anymore, so they ain't for Lebani.
Speaker 4: All right, listen, and today we're going to be talking about this new report that says millions of adults between ages twenty five and thirty.
Speaker 1: Four still living at home with their parents.
Speaker 4: So this morning, we want to know how old is too old to still be living with your parents? And do you believe once you're grown you need to get your own place, no matter how expensive it is?
Speaker 1: Hit us up us know what you think? Eight six nine are why just go to the phones?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: My name is Shica. I am calling from Starkville.
Speaker 10: Miss the City.
Speaker 5: I want to say that no age is too old to move back home with your parents. Sometimes seasons brings you back home, whether it be divorced or job lay off, So it's okay to move back home and to reset it. Sometimes it helps your parents out as well by helping them with the bills, or sometimes.
Speaker 8: They're not lonely anymore because.
Speaker 5: You move back home.
Speaker 7: My name is Stephanie. I'm calling from Carmel, Indiana, and I don't think that any age it is too old. A lot of cultures have multi generational families, so no, don't have your kids out there struggling when you can just get a house big enough for everybody to cohabitat all.
Speaker 10: Right, I actually figure it really depends on where you live. I just moved here from California to Texas, and if the old daughter was living with us, just two damn old. But California it's EXPI a place to live. However, as soon as we got here to Texas, she shows up here as well.
Speaker 11: My name is Dene Trice Whitbey Man from Making, Georgia. I when my girls, which are now adults, had to be looking to get their own place by the age of twenty.
Speaker 1: I will help you if you.
Speaker 11: Fall short because of the economy, but you got to be gone out of my home by the age of twenty, just like hell.
Speaker 7: I'm calling from Raleigh in Norolina.
Speaker 8: I don't think there's an age, as long as you're helping your child to reach that next level. I definitely always am open to help mine.
Speaker 4: I'm making a public pleap for my oldest daughter to come and stay with me. I just wish she would man, my twins so crazy about her, and she'd be helping giving them a bath. She'll like put their hair in a little bun, and you know, like she she's real, like like my oldest daughter. She was gonna make a great wife. Because I get so excited, like I'm like a kid when my oldest daughter come to spend the night.
Speaker 1: But she's gonna stay with me some weekends.
Speaker 4: I love when when her you know, when she is in the house and just her energy in the house and she just be quiet. You don't even know she in the house. I didn't even know she in here, you know, you know, you know what I'm saying. No, I mean at my house. Uh, And I just I just love her and and that that's a product.
Speaker 1: Of what you raise.
Speaker 4: You teach them, and you train them how to be and how to take care of stuff and how to wash, how to fold clothes or whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: I went asking for no money, uh for rent because what she provides and what she brings to the to the table, and a lot of my nieces, I wouldn't I wouldn't have a problem living here because they was all, you know, living in my house because uh, you know, they was raised under my roof, and they just know what to do and what not to do, and how to help and cohabitate and maintain a household and very respectful.
Speaker 1: And uh so I would.
Speaker 4: I would just absolutely, absolutely absolutely love that so hey, d come home, your five, your energy, That that kitchen I can't clean the kitchen, the kitchen don't.
Speaker 1: Be right, but that I don't give a damage she goes to the club. That kitchen is gonna be spotless when.
Speaker 4: You wake up in the morning. I just have to brag on that. I never talked about that on the air. But can't nobody clean up no damn kitchen like my oldest daughter Malik his ass be leaving stuff.
Speaker 1: Everywhere one spoon, one spoon, and.
Speaker 4: Dishes in the dish washing dead, don't turn the dishwasher on, and stuffing and lefting me down all through the night.
Speaker 1: Not a roastcot mealdew on it all that kind.
Speaker 4: But he will he will work outside up. Yeah, yeah, Craig too, But Craig, but they just all just great, great adult kids, and they're very responsible. I wish I wouldn't have any problem with any of them living here, my nieces and nephews.
Speaker 1: I feel the same way they did. They just they just don't do that tripe and stuff.
Speaker 4: All right, If y'all could not get through, y'all get get at us on our website, all hit us up on Instagram at Ricky Smile in the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you thank y'all,