Speaker 1: Hi, oh, let's go oh, let's go oh, Let's go oh.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to chel Snooze Talk one A seven point nine f M WBT on this rainy, stormy edition of Breaking with Brett Jensen as we go up until seven o'clock tonight, seven oh four, five seven oh one oh seven nine.
Speaker 1: That is the telephone number. That is also the WBT text line, driven of course by Liberty Buick GMC and guys follow me on except Brett Underscore Jensen for all the lightest and breaking news in and around the Charlotte area. And today's a perfect example of why, well, yesterday it was as well, but today's another perfect example of why you should be covering me or following me on exit. By the way, it is completely free. It's just like Facebook. For some of you that are still scared about the whole X thing, It's just like Facebook. You click on me, I want to follow Bret Jensen. That's like sending a friend request. They said you don't have to have me reply. You can just say I'm going to follow Bret Jensen as you should, as all the smart people in your neighborhood are doing. So you follow me, and that's what shows up in your feed. Now, there will be other things that show up in your feed, just like they do on Facebook. Right. Those are called advertisements. People pay to be put in feeds, whether it's a carpet company or it's a Roy Cooper commercial or whatever it is, and it will show up in your feed because people are paying to be in feeds. But it's completely free. You're not gonna see anything about the Kardashians or anything like that if you don't want to. So people still get nervous about that, and then people also get nervous when they when they say on YouTube, hey, subscribe to this channel. I understand why you think subscribe means you have to buy a subscription. It's a It was a poor choice that YouTube made when it first started fifteen sixteen years ago, and then Google wound up buying It should be follow just like it is on x slash formerly known as Twitter. Because subscribe, people think, oh, I have to pay a subscription. There is no payments. It's completely one hundred percent free. And the more you watch certain things, the YouTube algorithm will go, oh, well, this person likes watching videos about cats, so here are some more cat videos from people that you may not know about. Well, you like cats, maybe you'll like dogs. So here's some more videos about dogs and pets and animals. My YouTube feed is filled with tons of stuff about dogs, and so also filled with tons of stuff about politics, tons of stuff about sports, because that's what I like to see and like to watch. And I know ninety percent of you out there no and are going Brett, why in God's name are you explaining all this? Because you would be surprised at how few people understand that YouTube is one hundred percent free and when you hit the subscribe button, you're not buying anything. It's completely free. They should change it to follow. They literally should change the name from subscribe to follow. You can just follow them and you don't pay a dime. You pay nothing. So like I have the White House YouTube channel that I subscribe to, again completely free, so whenever something comes up, I see it. Fox Business today they ran Caroline Levitt's press conference live today on Fox Business YouTube channel. Things that won't be on the Fox Business channel on cable, but the Fox Business YouTube channel. They were running Caroline Levitt's briefings today with the media, so that again I know ninety percent of you understand this. I get it, but there are still a lot of people out there who don't. So again, just just do what I ask you and follow me on Twitter. I'm telling you you won't regret it. And then there's this little thing you click the bell and it will like send you a message on your phone, like an alert on your phone. Hey, Brett Jensen has just posted something on Twitter or x and so again that's and then you can see what I posted. And for instance, I'm gonna read you some of the stuff I'm going I put out there today that you're going to hear about in the next segment, but specifically what I posted today, and it was at about oh about an hour a little bit a little bit more than an hour ago, at four fifty seven pm, I posted this so ap Dylan, who's going to be joining the show tomorrow. She comes on with Pete on Mondays, I think, but she's gonna be joining the show tomorrow to talk about this. She or her media outlet, the North State Journal, which is a real newspaper, like a real newspaper, unlike the Shot Observer, like they deliver their stuff and the shot Observer is mostly online. I think they deliver by US mill now like two days a week, maybe three days a week. Anyways, two media people in Gastoni today were kicked out of Woyd Cooper's event. One of them was a photographer that works for the North State Journal where Ap Dylan works. By the way, that paper has only been around for ten years. It's not like it's a blog, for God's sakes. And the other one was the Blue Ridge, the Blue Ridge something. They were also kicked out, and so I tweeted about it and the Blue Rich Times and here's what I wrote. This is in line with the fourteen straight months Roy Cooper and his team refused to take a question from me during his pressers as governor during COVID. If he can't handle media, how is he going to handle the Senate? And then I put out some other stuff about how media outlets should be protesting this because if it can happen to one media outlet, it can happen to all media outlets. We were blackballed for fourteen months. I was blackballed for fourteen months during COVID. And as a matter of fact, when we come back, I'm going to play the audio that I still have the moment I was able to ask Roy Cooper a question in person to his face after fourteen months of avoiding me. By the way, Shartup's ever wrote about Roy Cooper avoiding me, Google me on Google me right now, Brancha and so not get Roy Cooper refusing to take Bret Jenson's questions like there's a whole thing this was the thing. Well, apparently he's up to his old tricks, kicking media members of the media that he doesn't like out of his press thing today in Gastonia. We'll go back to breaking with Bret Jensen here on this rainy and stormy Thursday night edition as we go up until seven o'clock. So okay, earlier today, Gaston County was basically the center of the universe. You had a Wattley's political event and you had a Cooper political event, both going on in Gaston County, and a couple of media members were kicked out of the Cooper event. One was the North State Turnal, the other one was the Blue Rich Times. The Blue Rich Times has been around for about a year, a year and a half something like that. North State Journal has been along for quite a while, right, It's been around for quite a while, and it's an actual newspaper that you can get delivered to your house. That's what happens. It's like it's that is a subscription, like it's a legit it's a legit newspaper that you get very in depth. And they also obviously you have online and all that other stuff. So they were told to leave because they weren't credentialed to be there. And here's what's funny. It's kind of hard to be credentialed when Roy Cooper's team refuses to send you an application to be credentialed. Now, I will tell you the two journalists that were asked to leave, we're very polite, didn't put up a stink, and as I told ap Dylan, who will be joining us tomorrow, that would not have gone well. Had they tried to kick me out, I would have made sure every media outlet in that room heard me, and every single person in that room heard me that Roy Cooper refused to let the state's biggest North and South Carolina's the biggest news talks radio station and I believe second biggest in the South behind WSB in Atlanta, to be part of a political event. I would have made sure everyone in that room knew about it, as opposed to just going quietly into the night. Now, granted, not everyone has my personality, and I've done that with football coaches, basketball coaches. I did that with Gary Williams, the head coach of the University of Maryland, at the ACC Tournament in two thousand and five in Washington, DC, in front of about three hundred and fifty media things. He and I started going at it, started going at it like, dude, you're not coming at me like that. They don't pay me to take your crap. Sorry. So fourteen months Roy Cooper didn't take my questions during COVID fourteen months, Charlotte's over wrote about it. It was in the Raleigh News and Observer, right, they all wrote about it. They all knew it was the thing. His staff, Dory McMillan, flat out lied to my face and lied to the journalists that would question her about it. The flat out lied. She's either so removed and so irrelevant to the situation, which I highly doubt because she was in charge of his calms, or she flat out lied one of the other one of the other. So I think it was in the late March or early April twenty twenty when I was allowed to ask my last question to Cooper. So think about all those press conferences he did. It was five days a week, and then three days a week, then two days a week, then one day a week. I wasn't allowed to ask a single question because that's when you had to call in and they would go and joining us now is Bret Jensen from WBTO Radio in Charlotte, And then you get to ask your question, and then he would respond that yeah, that didn't happen. They refused. So fast forward to June third, twenty twenty one. Roy Cooper is giving his very first press conference here in Charlotte, right off of Freedom Drive, right around the corner from the station, about a new place that is going to be giving vaccines to people. And I think they were getting state funded money and whatever right to help deliver vaccines. So it just won't be doctors and pharmacies to help. And plus, you know, off of Freedom Drive, lests be honest, it's not a well to do neighborhood. It's a very poor neighborhood and in a very black area, okay, and they were trying to get it to more people. And because blacks at the time were very hesitant of getting vaccinated, and so they were trying to put it also in that in the community where blacks would be closer to So in this press conference, there were about sixty five this presentation, there were about sixty five people there. Mayor Lyles was there, City council members were there, County commissioners were there, doctors, nurses, a throng of media, like probably minimum ten to fifteen media members because this was the first press conference in Charlotte since COVID. And finally I jumped in and asked my question.
Speaker 3: Covior Cooper registered to be easy, and I'm curious if you could explain, maybe in great detail, why despite being the law just a news station between DC and Atlanta, despite the shot Observer and the really news and Observer writing massive articles about it, thousands of mentions on Twitter, and yet we have yet to be called in your news conference of since last March, as a matter of fact, but yet somporters have asked over one hundred questions. So I'm just curious if you could explaining great detail why your step was instructed to not call it a specifically and a couple of both media outlets.
Speaker 4: First, I'm not aware of that. Second, I had an in person news conference yesterday. You were welcome to come then, and you're welcome to come in the future.
Speaker 1: What about the previous fourteen months.
Speaker 4: I'm not aware of, so that those new step was.
Speaker 1: Asked about it. They did not tell you about this because I'm not aware to ask your step about it.
Speaker 4: Like I said, you're invited to come, and you're here now, so ask away.
Speaker 3: Well, I asked, my question is what happened in the last previous fourteen months.
Speaker 4: I'm I don't die, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Don't know. I don't know. Roy Cooper was against vouchers for people to be able to, like say, it was like, you know, five six thousand dollars to help offset the cost of private schools for their children. It was against that, even though he sent his child to a private school. I asked him about that. You wan't to happy about that question either. So I know, because we're not on Roy Cooper's email list, that if I shut up, they would try to remove me. I am fully aware of that, fully aware of that. So yeah, so tomorrow we're gonna talk to AP about this because This is perfectly in line with what Roy Cooper does and who he is. And as I said on Twitter or x, because you really should be following me and it's completely free. If you can't handle the media, how are you going to handle being in the Senate? Seriously, if you can't handle lowly nobody, Bret Jensen, how are you gonna handle being in the Senate? Welcome back to breaking with bred Jenson as we go up until seven o'clock to night, coming to live and living color. All right, So school board met last yesterday via zoom to get updated on the investigation into current superintendent. And you have to say current although she's not acting, she's not acting superintendent Crystal Hill acting is one of her BFFs, Melissa Bockknight. You came over from Gaston County again foc friends of Crystal, one of the twenty two people making over two hundred thousand dollars a year at the schools school system. Mm hmm, over twenty people. So the school boards investigating Crystal for a lot of things that a lot of it has to do with finances and blah blah blah blah blah. And like I said, you know, as you heard Mark Garrison say the insiders, Yes, all the insiders, all my insiders, all my sources have been telling me, have been telling me this, right, I've been telling me this that the likelihood of her coming back is very very small, like almost nil. And if they think it's going to be a lawsuit, she's got to sign contract. She'll get her three. The only way there would be a lawsuit is if it would potentially be for cause and they would fight the four cause. And the reason they would fight the four cause would mean that she wouldn't get her one year severance pay pay of one year. Right, that's what it is. But don't forget North counts the right to work state. And if she's got to sign contract and say, yeah, guess what, we're gonna fire you, and we'll give you a one year severance because that's in her contract. Firing without cause means we don't like what kind of car you drive, but guess what, here's your one year severance. Now. Firing with cause again, that's where the lawsuits might come, trying to fight it to make sure she gets her three hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. So after their closed session Stephanie Snead. Boy, how times I've changed. Boy, she was the one leading the parade for Crystal Hill or like a big support of Crystal Hill. So anyways, she wasn't. She wasn't on the school board when Crystal got hired, but she came in immediately thereafter. She you know, she was As a matter of fact, I take that back. Stephanie was there when Crystal got hired. I had my time frame mixed up. Stephanie was there. Stephanie was there, and she was a big champion of Crystal She was one waving the Crystal Hill flag. Boy, how the times have changed. So anyways, this was the statement that Stephanie Sneed put out last night and the email came at ten thirty pm. Since the Board of Education placed Superintendent Hill on temporary leave with pay in June, we have been working diligently to complete our investigation independent review. Excuse me. While there is still work to be done, we expect our process to conclude within the next few weeks. Because this is a personnel matter governed by North Carolina law, there are limits on what information the board can share while the review is ongoing. We appreciate the community patients as we complete the process in a manner that is thorough, fair, and consistent with our legal and oversight obligations. We anticipate sharing an update before students return to school on August twenty fifth. In the meantime, I want our families, employees, and community to know that the board and district leadership remain focused on what matters most, ensuring our schools are ready to welcome students on the first day of school. Preparing for a successful school year has not stopped. Our work continues every day, and we remain committed to supporting our students, our educators, and our school communities while the process moves toward completion. So here's exactly what I told you last night, and I'll say it again. If you bring her back, all you did was in bold in her and every single member on that board has massive egg on their face for suspending her in the first place, and Stephanie Snead will come out looking the worst, so they may not like things that she's done. About the cars and all those people getting cars, nearly two dozen people getting a car and nearly two dozen people getting paid over two hundred thousand dollars a year. Again, I keep saying this, Well, Wake County is a bigger school system, a better school system, and only has three people making two hundred thousand dollars a year. I just want to keep just want to keep throwing that out there. I want to keep throwing that out there. So anyways, I just don't know if there's going to be a pathway for her to come back. I've spoken to many, many, many people. When I tell you insiders, I mean many people. There's no one in this city that has more CMS sources than I do, not even remotely close. That's not bragging. What do they say? It's not bragging if it's a fact, I'm just giving facts. Where As the kids say, what spitting truth? Is that? What they say is that right travers spitting truth? So I they don't see a pathway for Crystal to come back. I don't see a pathway for Crystal to come back. They'll probably name Melissa Balkknight, at least the acting superintendent, one of Crystal's BFFs. Then they'll probably hire an interim, and then they'll hire a full That would be my best guess. I look, is it possible that Crystal comes back? Yes? I just think that's going to be extremely difficult for that school board and even for Crystal, like she may be emboldened to do even more what she's doing and hire even more of her BFFs and hire even more of the NCAA and T mafia. But it also might be if you come at me, like if you're an underling under Crystal, because like all the room, all the all the everyone that I've spoken to is that she's like a Doctor Jekyll and mister Hyde and the jaw starts jutting out when she starts getting really upset and the eyes get like really glassy, and I've seen it. I've seen it at press conferences, and she's made people cry from what I've been told and by people who did the crying. But would those people be more emboldened to go to the school board and report things that Crystal's doing. I don't know, Probably not, because they may think that Crystal's untouchable. And again this will make the school board look horrific. But again school board with a least as shoe who will go down as the worst school board chair in the history of CMS. Every major decision she ever had, she completely screwed the pooch. Every single one, not one major decision did she get right, including her and Melissa easily switching their votes at the last second to give Crystal Hill the job because she thought, well, maybe if we switch, everyone else will switched their vote. Nope, it was six to three. And again she hired a person with zero point zero experience. And you were the seventeenth largest school district in the country and a disaster of a school district. And this is what you brought in, somebody who hired all her best friends in the NCAA and tea mafia and gave them all two hundred thousand dollars more money than they had ever seen even remotely close in their entire lives. Some of them shamefully had to quit their previous school systems. Kelly Klutz, chief financial officer up in Camaris County Gaston County, was extremely happy to see Melissa Bonckknight leave. Tell you that from talking to teachers and educators, so you get what you pay for. This is the school board's fault. At least Asho, congratulations, you did this, so least Ishoe you did this. We'll gome back to regular red Jenison for a few more minutes as we go up until seven o'clock. Okay, just some quick things We responded on Twitter, but I just want to put them out there publicly. The first one of the questions was did Crystal Hill get her twenty two thousand dollars raise wall actually on paid suspension? On on? Not on? UN O N. She's on paid leave O N. Yes and no is the question is the answer to that the raise was voted on prior to her suspension and it was backdated. But she wouldn't get the raise until the North CAROLNTA General Assembly passed the budget. So when the teachers got their raise, she got her raise. Differences. Teachers got a bonus because there wasn't it wasn't retroactive, so they got a bonus. Crystal's raise was retroactive back to whatever it is they voted on it. So technically the rais kicked in while she's suspended, but it was voted on by the school board before she was suspended. Does that make any sense? So, yes, the race kicked in. She got her raise while on suspension, but the school board did the voting of the rais prior to the suspension, So that's the whole crystal whole thing with that. Somebody wanted to know if we could sue for being kicked out of press conference? Were Cooper's press conferences? When events political events are held on private properties such as businesses, and he has the right to determine who wants to go or who can or who can't go. If it's at a public place like a park or wherever he has zero points, zero says, or like at the airport, whatever, he has no say so in that, which is why he will not do a public event. He just won't. I would be stunned if he did, because then you would have the likes of Brett Jensen showing up North State Journal, Carolina Journal, Blue Rich Times, and all the other media outlets. Do you ral the Observer News and Observer, all the TV stations whatever? Whatever? All right, every well that's going to do it for us tonight. I will tell you this right now, Tomorrow's show is lined up with a lot of heavy hitters, like seriously, like it's already lined up. So you what I mean heavy hitters. I mean like big time interviews. So make sure you stick around for tomorrow starting at six o'clock, because I've got big time interviews coming for tomorrow. It's already lined up, so we're gonna talk about all those tomorrows, so make sure you join me. Tomorrow is starting at six pm TJ and The Bear Richie's coming up next. My name is Brett Jensen, and you have been listening to Breaking with Brett Jensen