Speaker 1: What's up y'all. Be sure to tap into our YouTube channel. On December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard time, we will be reviewing James Cameron's latest release, Avatar, Fire and Ash. As the Avatar series asks its third installment, we would discuss the film itself and if it needs to continue. This will be our final live show of the year, so be sure to come check us out and share your commentary and questions.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That's December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com FPS podcast.
Speaker 2: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, as we are reviewing Wake Up the dead Man, the third film in the Knives Out series, which I've not seen the other ones weich thankfull to. They standalons.
Speaker 1: Damn no, no, no, I mean Robben shooting everybody today?
Speaker 4: Man, that's not.
Speaker 3: So joining me, I have Ken, Mike rod Man and a special appearance by Miss Nay. How are you wonderful? How are you fantastic? We're glad to have you here. So I'll go around the room and all of y'all seen this, this.
Speaker 1: These yeah, okay, I'm familiar with these.
Speaker 2: We reviewed all of them.
Speaker 4: Did we review the first one?
Speaker 2: I don't know if we did the first Yeah, we did all of them. We did the first one.
Speaker 4: Because I know Ken and I had told Ken about it.
Speaker 2: I was like one of your best of lists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if we reviewed him, though.
Speaker 2: I went back and watched it, watched most of the stuff that was on your best do list. I liked that cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet, did you think where you're watching them?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: I want you to take your knife out?
Speaker 4: Stupid?
Speaker 1: Really have expected that? No, I did not expect you to go there if I ever remember.
Speaker 5: Sure Jesus, So, Mike, what did you think about this movie?
Speaker 1: And get this ship the funk out of here? This boring ass movie? Oh my god, y'all. Oh this ship was so fucking boring.
Speaker 4: Did you like any of the other two?
Speaker 1: No, none of them.
Speaker 2: No, Oh, this was so boring.
Speaker 1: I didn't even give a funk who killed that dude?
Speaker 2: Man? Not at all.
Speaker 1: They did get me though, with the swap. We'll get to that. You guess a good point. Ken. Did you like this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I enjoyed this serious. You know, I'm sitting there trying to figure out who did what? But the thing with these things is they never give you everything, so you'll never figure it out who did it, And if you guess who did it, you'll never know how they did it because they deliberately leave information out roight.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, just like I love the series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I like how they It reminds me of White Lotus, how they changed the cast up every movie because they don't have the same cast. Okay, only one that returns is the detective. Detective so yeah that's Daniel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he does a really good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why is he gay?
Speaker 1: They don't do anything with it.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: I thought they said that in the last movie that he was gay.
Speaker 4: I can't remember if I meant to go back and watch the last one. But but they.
Speaker 2: Don't a movie a movie.
Speaker 7: He was like, are you it doesn't have to go anywhere?
Speaker 4: Are you.
Speaker 1: All of these women around?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why would you be all these women? Jesus No. I just meant, like, what's the point of throwing that out there if you don't ever?
Speaker 4: I feel like they did make a mention of it or something like that.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of it. It seemed weird.
Speaker 4: It makes something kind it makes sense a little go ahead.
Speaker 1: It's like, what it just seems like, what's the what's the point of throwing this out there if it doesn't affect anything at all? And you and if you don't bring it up again after that? Inclusion? But that's is that really inclusion?
Speaker 4: Especially when it comes to the church.
Speaker 1: I mean, because yeah, but it doesn't affect anything. But he doesn't believe it, I don't. I think he says he doesn't believe in God. Why is there a black person in this movie? Huh No, it's not the same thing. I just.
Speaker 2: Didn't land. But it could.
Speaker 4: It could.
Speaker 1: That could be part of his beliefs. But we shouldn't have to be like that could. It's like if you're gonna I don't know, it doesn't matter. Never mind. It just always confused me a little bit to make something that's interesting.
Speaker 3: No, I see what you're trying to do to my review. You're trying to do like, ra do you.
Speaker 4: Gonna do that?
Speaker 1: Worry about you doing what you think of this movie.
Speaker 7: I ain't miking the guys like I could. I could have done without it. I mean these you kind of know what to expect if you've watched the other two. It fell right in line with them. I liked the church aspects. I thought that was semi interesting, but ultimately I didn't really care. Yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 6: I heard you laughing and everything I did it was when what was it?
Speaker 7: I don't remember what it was that Glen Glenn Close was funny to me.
Speaker 1: She was she was funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't She said something. Oh when the girl got up and walked and she's like, it's a miracle.
Speaker 2: She was like, I can watch I can walk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what had me cracking up. But other than that, I mean the movie was okay. It wasn't bad. It was just okay.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. I thought it was a figure. I can hear Mike saying figures that you would enjoy this when I got done. But yeah, I thought it was good. It's a good murder mystery. I like the little tropes that they play. I think what's his name that Daniel Craig did a great job. Everybody acted really good in this.
Speaker 2: You can Carry Washington, I.
Speaker 1: Mean she was just acting like Carry Washington.
Speaker 3: I feel like she was just being Carry Washington, like it was the same girl from Scandal.
Speaker 1: And what her teeth bothers.
Speaker 4: It's like her. It's just it's the same.
Speaker 1: She's the same person in every movie. She was carry Washington, she was like the girl from Scan.
Speaker 6: And I haven't seen that, but I've seen like clips of it and stuff. But anything else I've seen her in it's always like, that's funny. Why do y'all clout in her face? It's just something beautiful bothers.
Speaker 1: She just uses it wrong. How she used her own teeth wrong.
Speaker 2: Wrong.
Speaker 1: I can't explain it. She just be using it wrong.
Speaker 4: As you can see. It's a it's a it's a thing. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 7: And the thing is like she's always like her face was like that in say the Last Dance, like she's always had it's like her teeth too big for her mouth. Then it's like it's ozimpic face. It's like her face is super star. But I don't know. But beautiful girl, beautiful gowns is.
Speaker 2: She she is?
Speaker 6: It's just just to hear no, no, even when I just on a record, I think she's a she's a pretty woman.
Speaker 4: Just when she's acting. It just I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just don't look right. So her teeth got a hole of the roll Man.
Speaker 3: We start this movie with Father Judd Duplicity, a former boxer turned Catholic priest.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: He gets into it with the rude deacon punches him in the face, so they send him down to an upstate New Well whatever they send him, they send him to another church because they want to keep on this preach.
Speaker 1: What did y'all think about the opening here?
Speaker 7: I felt like I was duped mm hmm, because when I saw Jeffrey Wright, I got excited. I was like, oh, okay, this might like he's a good actor, so okay, and then we don't see him again later, so I was mad he came back at the end.
Speaker 1: I was like, Jeffrey Right in this movie, sweat God. I forgot that he was in the beginning.
Speaker 4: But that's what these movies are.
Speaker 6: Though they'll have all these big name actors, they don't really have like stream like big roles, but they be in the movie.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. Jeffrey Right wasn't here the whole time, and I just seen him once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean to the point where I thought he may have been involved because he was talking about the priest that was there anyway, But I wait, yeah, but he was just he just opened and closed the move. It was just more cheap inclusion. But but I thought, off real, I thought it was interesting his portrayal of priests, you know, and how they talked and the language that they use, and that you know, on the surface, they're presenting to people this one image, but behind closed doors, they're completely kind of different people, you know, cursing and all this other stuff. So and that kind of continued throughout the series, which you know, I don't know if he was trying to. It seemed like he was trying to say something, you know, uh.
Speaker 1: But aren't they Catholic. Catholics are always like that.
Speaker 2: Though they cursed like that, Yeah, drink all that really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think it was a big deal because I always see them doing that ship smoking cigarettes at the bar, drink and getting drunk. I thought that was just normal for Catholics.
Speaker 7: Everybody got their vices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I could see the would be enough of advice alcohol. Yeah. I just thought it was funny that they were just cursy.
Speaker 1: I think they just can't fuck. That's that's what gets them in trouble when they be fucking these nuns and but just drinking and smoking. I think that's slipping with the nuns. You remember all those stories about the nuns having babies and bearing them in the walls and ship I don't know stories. Yeah, because they were ashamed because it was the wall. I don't understand, because they they didn't want people to find out that they were ever pregnant.
Speaker 7: No place else to bury in a con in a con what was it called convent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say convent, but I was thinking convict in a convent? Where else are you gonna put them? They were like, and where.
Speaker 4: Would you stay around?
Speaker 1: We didn't? People perceive you digging?
Speaker 2: But what you thinking, sister, Well if that's the case, then then there, I guess that meant nothing then, So I'm sure it meant.
Speaker 1: Something, you know.
Speaker 3: So after he punched his deacon in the face, he has made assistant pastor of our Lady of Potetual Fortitude rural parents lived by Monsinger Jefferson Wicks play Bys. That's yeah, call me back.
Speaker 7: So I do think like when they did the little monologue with when they when Judge Pastor Judd was in front of them and kind of explaining his ideology, I did think that that was I did think they were trying to say something there because you see the way that the other pastors spoke and kind of like were who they were, And I think there's this idea of those pastors are presenting a certain way and Pastor Judd actually is a certain way.
Speaker 1: Could you believe him?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 7: I did, Yeah, I did, And I think because he comes from a trouble past and he's working from a place of shame and guilt, so he really means it because he wants to be absolved of what he did, which I guess we'll talk about later when it comes out, but yeah, he wants to be absolved of that. So I felt like his was more sincere, and those who he's looking up to, it's more perceived.
Speaker 2: They're struggling throughout the whole movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because of that struggle, Like I didn't know. I didn't know, Like for these movies, I don't know who to trust until we get like Midway, and I don't put none past anybody, So I didn't. I wasn't as trusting of him being authentic narrative, even like Mike is brought up like it could be an you call it, uh not untrust unreliable unreliable narrator, so he could be an unreliable narrator.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know if I could trust him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so like you know, so yeah, it didn't take me into to a few kind of different occurrences to be like, okay, he seemed.
Speaker 2: Like the real deal.
Speaker 4: I think it was after.
Speaker 6: And I don't know if you I know, you haven't gotten here yet, but it was after that last conversation that he had with mons Sewer Senior about I'll cut you out like a cancer.
Speaker 4: At that point, I'm like, Okay, yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: The real deal. M Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did y'all like my senior character?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 7: Middle like like is it like admirable?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: But I did like his performance.
Speaker 2: He's been in a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: I think he did a good job here.
Speaker 3: He did a really good job selling that person that's over that church.
Speaker 6: And thinking that he's in the right, like thinking something good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't get the impression.
Speaker 1: When he was just like he was just selfish and he was just doing this for his own power.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 6: I had that thought into like to that to that conversation when he was just like like, well you know what I'm saying. These people they need to toughen up. You know, this world will eat you up, swallow you up. So this is my way of giving them the armor or whatever. So I was just like, I think he really believes it. I think he really think.
Speaker 2: He's in some of the crazy stuff he was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't know it was bullshiting just to get them to keep doing what they were doing to benefit himself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but y'all remember when he when he when he basically beat his ass and then he's just like, see, now you want to defend yourself.
Speaker 1: Now you now you want to protect yourself.
Speaker 6: He's like, that's what you should like. He's like, yeah, that's what I'm just trying to do with these people. I'm trying to trying to give you that that sense of urgency and wanting to protect yourself.
Speaker 7: I didn't buy it.
Speaker 1: I didn't either.
Speaker 7: I didn't buy it. I thought he was just doing this he said. I think when he said it in the beginning, he admired the power that his grandfather had and that's what he wanted, and he was using Christ in the church as a cover up to get power from the people. And he was pissed because he was losing parishioners. So what do I have to do to get more people to worship me?
Speaker 1: Essentially scare them, intimidate them.
Speaker 4: But don't pastors be doing that?
Speaker 7: But what I'm saying is, I don't think he believed it was for God, and I don't think that he was doing it Forgot at all. I don't even think he believed it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was I thought it was clever writing because I feel like a lot of pastors do that. A lot of pastors pick out people, letting them pull pit and try to, you know, put fear in them and all of that type of stuff. I was like, Oh, I think he really this is his way of pastoring and he really believes that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of his way of pastoring, the priests goes around and we meet the members of his small congregation. Did anybody jump out to you Rod? I know you said you suspect of every besides her teeth.
Speaker 6: I did like this whole montage of him breaking you talking about that part where he was breaking down each individual person.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: I thought I was interested seeing Hawkeye and here also I was. I was just trying to see what, you know, what he was.
Speaker 4: He was the only guy the same thing.
Speaker 1: Y'all gotta watch his TV show. Man's so he's still how guy?
Speaker 2: We saw Hawkeye?
Speaker 1: And what was the other person see, I said, Mike, but I ain't say no.
Speaker 2: The TV show that he had, I don't know it was called Hawkeye.
Speaker 6: Oh yea yeah out now, yeah it's called Mary Kingstown.
Speaker 1: He did he kills it. I saw that. You see Mary east Town? You every time?
Speaker 4: Yea, every time?
Speaker 7: I know each other, well, like, sorry, guys.
Speaker 4: But I thought that was interesting. Who else?
Speaker 2: I thought it was an interesting character?
Speaker 6: He was like the main He's like really the only one for me because I wasn't interested in Carrie Washington is a vera. It was like, okay, I wasn't interested in the in the in the Sun's sigh. Glenn Close, I was interested in her, like seeing okay, something with her. She running a bit of the bookings. She playing Organs and so yeah, Glenn Close. And the guy that place, what's his name you gotta play? Jeremy Renner, Jeremy Jeremy Renner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and him.
Speaker 6: They were probably the most interesting ones outside of the main cast Judd and and Senior.
Speaker 7: I think this is where they lost me. I was not interested in any of these characters at all. None of them were interesting. None of them made me think that they were like. None of them made me start to question who did it? And I think that's where the movie felt flat for me.
Speaker 1: It didn't feel like who did it at first.
Speaker 7: It's opposed to it's nives out.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: I know that, and I think that I feel you what I was gonna say, that's what it is, that's the problem, that's what i'm that's what I'm heating to. I can understand why you feel that way, because it didn't feel like that at first, until like we got like midway in, I was like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: I agree with what you're saying.
Speaker 3: They to pick your back off that point, I was like, I thought this was They kind of showed their hand a little too quickly. I immediately felt it was something with the brother son. I was like, this don't even make sense. I did not care the brother Like Kerry Washington was raising her son, but it was her brother.
Speaker 7: She thought she always thought it was like her dad.
Speaker 1: Wait, that was Kerry Washington's son.
Speaker 3: She adopted him, she was raising she was raising him as her son. Around I was like that don't seem right. So I knew that there was more untangled there, gotcha.
Speaker 7: I immediately knew something Martha was up. Something was her.
Speaker 1: A random black couple of black people and this you know, something's going on with them.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, Glenn Close's character was spent the whole movie screaming, which I thought was hilarious, just very over the top over time, because they didn't really establish and said any motive until later. Yeah, so they took their time with that. But uh, none of them stood out in the beginning. It was only until later, like the guy that was the writer actually became kind of funny and interesting. This motherfucker had a molte bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the pointed it. Well, he just didn't trust me.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he was just paranoid. Yeah, yeah, he had a fucking empty shell of a night up there. So he just became kind of funny.
Speaker 3: What are you supposed to be, like a conspiracy theorist Alex Jones type?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, none of these people.
Speaker 3: So after that montage, we learned as the priest tries to go put a cross back up there, what happened to Montsinger's mother The Harlot whore. Did this story interest you'll at all?
Speaker 6: I like the scene of it, Like I like the the telling of the story and seeing her go through that whole which obviously comes back around later. But no, I was interested in that. I was definitely interested in that. Seeing her beat that little kid up.
Speaker 2: I was like, she was beat that little kid as.
Speaker 3: Though she seen what she told. I was like, Okay, I understand why.
Speaker 4: The perspective was different. They did a good job with that.
Speaker 2: Now I thought it was it was It was actually got of dope. What they what he did was kind of solid one. Maybe I just right into it, but yeah, I thought the story, the telling storytelling aspect of her just going through the church, that's creating it, you know, in terms of how they're presented. At this time, she was on the floor kind of crawling. She was moving like she was sort of possessed. That was dope.
Speaker 1: That was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I said, like this whole scene when he was telling it, they did a really good job with this.
Speaker 1: So for the lighting and all that which the light.
Speaker 2: Light, it was interesting how we had to go from dark cold colors the warm depending on talking and what they're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was didn't pick up on that part.
Speaker 2: I didn't care enough about this.
Speaker 6: It's real, Like at first I said, at first I thought it was an editing editor era. I was like, wait, the lighting is fucked up, Like what is going on? I was like, oh, that's intentional. I was like, damn, that's that's pretty dope. And then you picked And then she picked up on it too. She was asking me about it.
Speaker 1: So I'm only dumb as you didn't catch it. Okay, cool, No this the dumb chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, part where it's warms up and John was talking Judd in the movie and uh yeah, whenever ben Wall was talking before he came When he came on, it was like you could just see it just shift, and then when Judge started talking, it started right back up. It was really dope, and towards.
Speaker 7: The end it was dope mm hmm. But hindsight, it felt very on the nose mm hmmm, because it's like Pastor Judd is, like I said, supposed to be. He seemed like to be the one person who was sincerely tapped into the spirituality and not actually meaning what he said. So it's almost like they were trying to get Jesus in the room when he was talking. So it's like when he did it, like in the moment, it was like, oh, okay, that's cool. But then when I think back on it, I was like, that's very on the nose.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: What did you guys think about the confessions that he was doing with Judd?
Speaker 2: He didn't want to shake his hand, would you know.
Speaker 7: You said you just did that this morning?
Speaker 1: That ship was funny, bro, you'd be okay, like you you imagine he's washed his hands since then and what you would hope and it's like catholic colme, it's probably not super dirt.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't even know what to say that.
Speaker 2: So so the question I have.
Speaker 1: Is, was just fucking with it he established because later operation where.
Speaker 2: You can't even that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's so why was he with him? Like did he think he just tested it?
Speaker 2: Didn't like he liked his ass, like he was trying to intimidate him.
Speaker 3: He came about to take his church, he thought, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: So he was just like, yeah, busting his balls the whole time. Yeah, but I ain't know is crazy.
Speaker 3: So after after all of the confessions or whatever, he did. He finally called him out on him and he called out his preaching style. That's when he beat him up. Like what you were talking about?
Speaker 1: Rod? What y'all think about that?
Speaker 7: Can we go back? Has have we met Martha and Samson at this point? Is Martha a nun? Because she's not supposed to be sucking?
Speaker 2: Is she?
Speaker 1: Which was Martha? I don't think she was just working.
Speaker 7: Okay, because when he's left on the ass, I'm like, wait a minute, what is going on? Right? But I'm like like, oh, but we're just all out with it, Like I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I don't think that was all out. He's just so having to see it okay.
Speaker 7: But he was like, my sweet Martha, I would do so it's clear that they're in a relationship, and so I just I didn't understand it at this point. I didn't understand the dynamics that.
Speaker 2: Was going on.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that's all.
Speaker 2: Well. I think the because he had this was when he was talking about mon SoRs style and he was up there just intentionally going.
Speaker 1: At groups trying to get a walk out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he was driving trying to drive home a wedge. It's almost like he was trying to drive all of them out, but the ones that stayed were I guess as he was presenting is like, you know, these are the ones that are heard and they're tough. But the way I look at it was like, Bro, he really don't want to do this, which is why he's trying to get people out of the room so he don't have to do it. And he's being deliberate in some of the messaging that he's saying, because you know, he just over this ship, so.
Speaker 3: To jump a little bit ahead. He You think he was preaching that way because he had the jewel.
Speaker 1: He didn't have it then, Yeah, he didn't have it.
Speaker 4: I think it was the whole time later.
Speaker 2: I think he was just over the ship. Bro. Yeah, that's why he was the gay. They got up and left the mom and then yeah, single mother got up left. Bro, he was going and he was looking right at him.
Speaker 1: He didn't understand this part at all. Why was he trying to drive all of them out when you say he didn't want to do it anymore? I don't get it, because like Catholics will just yank your ship out and then send somebody else over there.
Speaker 2: If you're doing a bad job? So why was he trying to They if I remember, for actually Jeffrey Wright knew he was doing a bad job because they said he I forgot.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: He was intentionally doing a bad job. Yeah, so that's what I'm saying. Why was he intentionally doing a bad job?
Speaker 7: That's what I didn't understand either.
Speaker 2: I don't think he wanted to. I don't think he wanted to preach anymore. Then why didn't he just step down? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that he wanted to get kicked out, and I thought that he always had the jewel.
Speaker 7: I don't but none of that, All of that seemed to be completely contradictory to what it was that it seemed like he wanted. I really didn't understand what his issue was because I thought that he wanted Yeah, I thought that he wanted people in the church, and he wanted people to he wanted the power that came with being a pastor. But you're going about it by like you are you trying to get people that you know you can insult and they'll still stick around. I just didn't understand.
Speaker 1: I was the same.
Speaker 2: You think he's only one of a certain group of people Yeah, he only wanted a certain kind of person to be no single mothers, no whatever whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he wanted a certain type of follower.
Speaker 6: And he's like, if they if they follow my my preachings or whatever, that that will be they'll be so committed, like they'll do anything for me.
Speaker 4: I got so so yeah, it started like that or whatnot.
Speaker 6: So it changed once he got the information about the diamond, because now he's just like, well, I don't need this it anyway, you know what I'm saying, All y'all can go, because I'm gonna be well off with the diamond.
Speaker 1: So he knew about the diamond when he was telling you, like the right, that's what I thought he didn't know yet. So okay, So even if he was, what you say, party you confused about all of it. Still, So if he was, if he was intentionally kicking those people out prior to knowing about the diamond, it kind of showed that there was barely anybody left in his church. So my point is, if he wants the power, which he's kind of saying he does, he wants this power, he wants this respect by fear, whatever you want to call it. The way I understand Catholics is they will yank your ass out of there and just move you to a different church if you're doing that bad a job. So I'm confused about why he was why he was trying to reduce his church down to like five people.
Speaker 6: I guess they didn't want it to be a hostel takeover. I guess that's what what he while he sent Jude and Judd down there to see what was going on and get him out of here or whatever. So I guess they wanted to be like a smoother transition, because that's essentially what he came down there for.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, So I get why they sent Judd. I just don't get why Mon Senior was doing what he was doing because I think he again, I think he wants a certain type of follower, So you don't five people in his church.
Speaker 4: No, no, No, I don't think he wants just five people.
Speaker 6: I think he's like, if they can't take the heat of him going at them, they're not They're not the type of type of congregation he wants.
Speaker 1: But doing what he did.
Speaker 2: The opportunity to get you're not going to get people.
Speaker 1: There, right, That's the thing. Like there was a scene where I think it was when the gay couple walked out and it showed how many people were left in the church, and it was very few. It was just That's what I'm saying. So if he was intentionally doing that, I don't understand why, because you only have like ten people there, so it's like, how do you expect to get new people that you can I don't know. It just seems weird.
Speaker 2: No, I feel you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Well, speaking of the loyalty to Monsieur, Judd tries to have a Bible study meeting. The whole congregation is paranoid on whether they told he told Jude told Monsieur or not.
Speaker 6: Did y'all like this? I did like this. It's like, so he not coming? Does he know about it? So you haven't told him? And he respects and he responded the way that you would expect him respond by this time of the movie, Ken, did you take anything from this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was doing so I get it, but he I get why he was doing it because he was concerned. But also these people, after hearing the way he was preaching and they're still around, have express loyalty to this guy. So to try to go behind his back to do this. He should have known that wasn't gonna go well.
Speaker 7: Trying to watch this part three times, I fell asleep. I fell asleep for like ten minutes each time I'm watching. It was during this.
Speaker 1: I'll stopped watching. Fine, you would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two t as you can choose from. That's patreon dot com Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 3: So Mantier has a meeting that Joe walks in on and when he walks in he throws a Bible. But when he walks in he did here we don't know the whole conversation yet. You said this is the part to woke you up. Then what did you like about it?
Speaker 7: I liked it. I just this is why I wake up. But it was I mean, it was funny him throwing the Bible at him.
Speaker 1: That's all, Rod, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 6: This is interesting. You know they have they're having their own meeting about him. Especially was revealed later what the meeting was actually about, but it sounded like they were, you know, talking shit about Judd or whatever, when essentially that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: But yeah, in the moment, yeah, I liked I liked it.
Speaker 3: I like what it do with it Later, Yeah, I like the context that they gave it later. Can did it work for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, you know, I think and how they were setting everything up, Yeah, I mean it was a misdirect, but it also showed that Joe was willing to fight for what they believed in, like you know, it's values and stuff like that, and its attempt to save the city of them from monseignor. So yeah, yeah, I thought it worked all right.
Speaker 3: So we get to the who done it part of it. During a Good Friday service, Wick died suddenly in the storage closet in Little pool Pit. He was stabbed in the back with a knife took from the Devil's head lap. Judd previously stole it from the bar we saw and then through the church window the evidence is thrown.
Speaker 1: Well, he's killed.
Speaker 3: Right there in the closet. What did y'all think? Who's y'all think done it? Did you have any theories when you first? Did you care?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I definitely had. At first, I was just like, damn, how the hell that happened?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, because it just seemed like impossible, right, But then you started looking at the scene, and then you started looking at the series of events.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, when he when?
Speaker 6: So Yeah, Unfortunately I kind of had an idea of who did it?
Speaker 4: Was that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it was right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought it was Hawk guy because he was the only one like, don't touch that, and he walked over there, and then yeah, yeah, it was just like it gotta be He's the only one that got close to him outside the judge, so it has to be him. Now, the part that I didn't know is the is the Glenn close and her involvement in it all. I didn't know how I didn't know that part because I can't say that wasn't revealed. But the only part that's revealed is we see uh ikeep calling them hawk ey because I can't remember his name. Nick, yeah's doctor Nick. We see him going there and tell him, like I said, don't touch it, and I'm like, yeah, he's him, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta be him.
Speaker 7: Yeah see. And the only thing that I took from it is that Glenn Close had something to do with because the way she fell out on that cross like oh, I got and I was like she some yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I definitely suspected she because she was just yeah, being too much.
Speaker 3: They did some camera stuff, I feel like, to make us think it was her, like they would linger on her for a while show face.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: There was also something else that happened, which we'll get to, and I was like, okay, I thought that was interesting. But the thing about doctor nat is that you know you you you sit here, because it was like, wait, how the fuck they kill him? Because that place is completely sealed? So how did that happen? How he did it? I know, I said I, but I asked myself. I was like, well, that's stupid for you to sit here and say, hey, don't touch anything, Yet you went in there and touched it, Like it didn't make any sense the directions he were given.
Speaker 3: I'm a doctor, though I know you might miss something up.
Speaker 1: That's how.
Speaker 2: Right. It didn't make any sense. It didn't make any sense. It was his destruction. But but nah, I still love the miss three of it all was like yo, like what in the hell and how in the hell did any of this happen?
Speaker 4: That's what I will say.
Speaker 6: Even though I had my suspicions, I still didn't know for sure. So it's still I think they did a good job and still making me kind of second guess.
Speaker 4: Okay, who did this?
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with the other movies how they go did y'all any point in time? Because I did not seeing him suspect that Judd might have do it.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that they fucked up with this film is they made it very obvious that Judd did not know, and then they spent the rest of the film with everybody blaming Judge.
Speaker 2: It might have been.
Speaker 1: Cooler if we started to doubt if Judd actually.
Speaker 2: A little bit wow because he was the last one to come out, because that was the only thing that they showed him suspicion.
Speaker 1: We hear him fall and then we see Judd walking there, So we already knew that Judd didn't do it. But that's why, right, well you know about the spiked drink until way later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I did. Dudes like they probably I didn't know he drunk someone. I said, no, no way, he really in his fucking detective vote oh Ken, what else? Starre watching it? Because that's the movie going like how the fuck did When they start to kind of walk through different like scenarios, I'm like, how the fuck did they do this? So as as it went on and they started kind of revealed certain things, I said, the only thing that makes sense is he was because I didn't know he had a flask in there. I was like, they had to have given him something prior to and then by the time he walked in, he just fell out and then somebody committed it then. But I still was like clueless as to all of the x's and o's of everything, but for him to fall out with nothing being in there, I said, that was the only thing that was left. So but I think they were slick and saying that. I walked out later with everybody else, we didn't know why. And then they, to your point, they removed that from the equation. They were like, Okay, he's not involved at all, but I'm with you. They completely just like XD out, judge, Judd is not involved. But what I liked what they did though, is that everybody was outside when he fell out, so by the time, so including just so you look at Jared, it was not involved because but then you look and you see, well, everybody's out there, So who the killed this man? If everybody's outside of the area where he died.
Speaker 1: I just kept as simming there was a trap door or something, that's what.
Speaker 4: And then they took that.
Speaker 1: That was like most of the movie.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, let's go, where's the trap door?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would have been too easy.
Speaker 3: Damn speaking of trapdoors.
Speaker 1: Your simple, but you didn't write it.
Speaker 3: So after this happens, the police chief Geraldine Scott. They suspect Judd, as we've been saying, but Jeredine Scott brings him private detective benuoit Blanc. Whah, all right, he comes in to investigate the death and he has Judd assist him.
Speaker 1: Was it strange to y'all.
Speaker 6: No, because that's kind of how he is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is how he is in each movie and he does a good job to.
Speaker 2: Me for me. Yeah, and I think he even spelled out the reasons why he decided to work for him, you know, because he was like, yeah, you're your guilt is a different type of guilt. So I know you're not involved. You ain't do this shit, but you can help me find out who did it. So Block says, this is the perfect murder. He quotes a book, The Invincible Man says it has all the plots and themes of it. And he also has the summer reading church.
Speaker 3: List, which was basically, he said, a syllabus to commit this murder, which is interesting to you at all. No, I ain't half the damn books anyway. So I was like, okay, I believe you, mister Daniel Craig. But other than that, all.
Speaker 7: Right, See at this point, I appreciate y'all's enthusiasm, but I don't really care who killed.
Speaker 3: Him, right, like, and what got you out of it?
Speaker 7: Like I said, I think the cat like the characters like, I don't care. I don't I don't care about anybody's motives, like they didn't make this person my senior. Although Josh Brolin's a great actor, I didn't feel attached to this character at all enough to care. There was nothing about anything he was doing that made me happy, Like I don't. I was indifferent about his death. There was nothing attached to his death that I knew anybody was gonna get until later on and we please hear about the diamond. There's nothing about this death that makes me care who died who did it? So, and then there's nothing about the characters that you've introduced to me to make me invested in whether or not they killed him. So I feel like there, like I said, the introduction of the character has killed it for me, and I'm still I'm I'm they never get me back.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get behind caring about who killed a bad guy, and especially like if everybody else is bland and it's like, Okay, I'm really don't care who killed the bad guy. It's like, what difference does it mean.
Speaker 7: Unless somebody has something to gain from his unless all these characters had something to gain from his death that I wanted them to get, right, But there's nothing attached to his death to make me really give any care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even when they do finally reveal, it was still just like, really, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's dumb.
Speaker 7: The diamond or stone, diamond, brother Son, the like. None of this, none of this meant anything to the characters to me, and none of this meant anything about this broader theme of spirituality in God or anything. None of that was linked in it to me, So I didn't The story is really weak to me, ken what you think.
Speaker 2: For me, it's less about the stories of the characters. It's more about me actively trying to solve.
Speaker 1: I can see that that's probably fun trying to figure it out, but it wasn't fun for me because it was just like care, I just I didn't care, and I just found a lot of the dialogue boring. So it was just like this felt a little tarantino ish and the fact that it's like brother, there's so much dialogue here, and I don't give a fuck about nothing yeall are saying.
Speaker 3: I thought the son did it. It just seemed weird to me, And it just.
Speaker 1: I never thought it was him. That's the I think that would have been too easy because he was probably he was probably would have been the one that everyone assumed it was because he was kind of an asshole and black. Well yeah, logic.
Speaker 3: Ish, Well, I say, the son that they during their investigation, Uh, they do figure out that the brother son that we've been calling him, he's actually son of mine. Singor did this reveal do anything for you? Was just did they hit for you?
Speaker 2: Ron? No? No, I don't think that revealed.
Speaker 3: But that also led to the conversation that he had that he walked in or did you walked in earlier?
Speaker 4: That was more interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now to the part where he's found out he has a diamond by this point, right, because he's talking crazy to them trying to get through the league. He got the diamond by this point, and he's telling them, i'mona exposed all y'all, bitch I got I got profiles on all you.
Speaker 1: So now all of them have a motive.
Speaker 3: Did this make it any more interesting to you, Mike than now that everybody has a motive to kill him because he's threatened to expose him.
Speaker 1: Not at all, because they've already established that he's a dicky. So this scene didn't add or take away anything as far as someone having a motive. Even if they took this scene out, it was just like they don't like him because he's a fucking dick. But of course they who liked him, they just dealt with him. They didn't like him at least I didn't think that they.
Speaker 4: Were loyal to him.
Speaker 2: That don't you like somebody does not like him.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it doesn't mean that, but but it does showed like, okay, well they're not to be loyal anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, this is the The semi interesting thing about the story to me was just how it was all. It was all transactional relationships in there, right, everybody wanted something from my Senior, and Manya Senior wanted them to want him, want something from him. So you got the girl in the wheelchair who's tried to buy her healing. Now Vera is there simply because it was obligation put on her from her father. But you have the hypocrisy between what he's called his the Harlot whore, and what he's done. And so it's like there was a lot that was revealed in there, but none of it seemed to stick.
Speaker 2: It didn't really go anywhere. I think it was just like, Okay, let's give everybody a motive so we can get to the next part of the story.
Speaker 6: He really didn't even have Wolf Glenn close though he slipped over her and the sign he did yeah you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well he didn't say any thing for her. I was like, oh he said, I was he say anything for her? So that's interesting. So that's when she moved up the list.
Speaker 7: For me, I was like, she was the only one who was like blindly faithful to him. There was nothing that she was getting, Like she'd been there since she was a kid. So I was waiting for them to like kind of give us some sort of like understanding of like why she's stuck around for as long as she has and why she's done everything in the church. But she was the only one out of all of them who just like blindly was following him without any any any expectation of anything.
Speaker 2: And this was right around the time where I was like, oh he it for me. It felt like more confirmation that he didn't really want to do this ship at all, because soon he got a way out with the money, he was like, well, fuck all this shit, I'm out of here. So and yeah, and then that's when side was like, yeah, you need to burn everybody on your way out.
Speaker 3: His son was a piece of shit. He gave me advice, yeah and everything.
Speaker 4: When he said I'll probably post it anywhere.
Speaker 2: Recordings.
Speaker 3: So what happens during their investigation, Judd eventually gets tired of the ship from blank, we can't figure this out, We're not gonna do it, storms off into the rainy night, and sees sees him come out of the mausoleum as if he's being resurrected by.
Speaker 1: I perked up. Then, boy, Jesus bro I was like this delight said he didn't get y'all for a hot set.
Speaker 2: I did wonder. I wondered how he did.
Speaker 4: I was like, he gotta be so he in on it.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. That's what I thought too. I was like, Okay, either he came back to life or he wasn't really dead.
Speaker 7: That's what I figured. He faked his death. Yeah, they gave him some medication or something to make it it seem like his heart stopped or something.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 7: Jesus had a bunch of shake.
Speaker 1: That money.
Speaker 2: They would have had to pay off everybody in involved in this, the whole town.
Speaker 1: That's why I thought he came back to life.
Speaker 7: So the hell what you thought he really was Jesus?
Speaker 1: I didn't know if he was Jesus, but he was Jesus is like, where they taking this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was like, where are they going with this? He's back to life, remember.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I got confused, to be honest with you, and I think I'm still so the who was in the mausoleum?
Speaker 2: That was? That was the groundskeeper guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't show facing. Okay, they show.
Speaker 1: They had to spell it out.
Speaker 6: For me too, but I mean somewhere and I was like, wait, what's happening there?
Speaker 1: So that was the real body. It was in the mausoleum, It was in.
Speaker 2: The office, a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I told you so.
Speaker 2: None of that way, Mike. I think they did a good job of sound doubt. But at the same time, I was like, I refuse to believe this ship that they're trying to tell me. Because I saw a dead body and I saw them flip that dead body over in pink.
Speaker 1: I said, there's no way in hell that man is still alive. I thought maybe he had a twin or something. I never thought it was the groundskeeper guy. I thought it was either him. I thought that the store was gonna be a little more interesting than it was, just like some dude.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was a groundskeeper guy. But I was like, I know it ain't him. It was it wasn't him.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't put it past into the house. How what how did his body get to the doctorhouse? They man?
Speaker 7: So doctor Nick killed? Wait a minute, how did he get to the doctor.
Speaker 1: The pancake?
Speaker 2: That was what was then?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with him.
Speaker 1: I thought they showed him. You can't take a dead body out the more.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no. So it was after the door, so they put him. They showed a clip where they put Monster Senior under the coffin. So nobody at first, like while the other guy came out, and I think they got him at some point.
Speaker 2: I don't think they've.
Speaker 1: Shown Okay, okay, they did show that because he was making a wooden coffin.
Speaker 7: Thank you, because I was.
Speaker 3: Like something was missing for me, and I was like, I did not she had this happen, all right?
Speaker 4: We saw how she got his hand down the stairs.
Speaker 2: Oh that was.
Speaker 7: That was on the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a big guy, all right, So the whole thing happened.
Speaker 3: Blunk stopped Judd from turning himself in and then he noticed something missing from the bar.
Speaker 1: They go to the bar.
Speaker 3: He do the picture thing, bar picture thing, did y'all get anything from that's what.
Speaker 4: You watch again?
Speaker 2: It just gave gave me.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's probably the doctor.
Speaker 3: This is the point, you know, is the doctor with the bad sitting there and they talking to him hiding in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's.
Speaker 6: Just too much, y'all. Y'all gave too much. Y'all, Like might say, y'all showed y'all hand.
Speaker 1: Mike said that this movie was about forty minutes too long.
Speaker 7: You could have took a good hour out of this.
Speaker 3: It was about it was like, it was a good forty minute stretch. It's like, bro, come on, like y'all dragging, y'all dragged.
Speaker 4: Y'all was just sleepy.
Speaker 1: I wasn't so the Doubles didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Two devilheads and all that, and him showing the picture and all this. It was like, bro, this is this would need to be a much more interesting murder for me to care about these pictures and ship interesting. I thought it was so blocking. Judd figured out.
Speaker 3: They go to the doctor's house and they find his corpse dissolving in a tub of acid alongside Wick's body.
Speaker 2: I still don't get this.
Speaker 1: What you mean, so I know Glenn Close obviously put him or set him up like that, but for what.
Speaker 7: So because he had the diamond, she knew he had the diamond, right, so she was trying. She knew that he was going to try to kill her eventually, right because her and Samson were the only ones who knew about the diamond. So ultimately he wasn't going to kill her.
Speaker 1: It's about Nick. Yeah, Yeah, I knew why she killed Nick. What I'm saying is I didn't understand why she set the body of Monsignor up like he was choking Nick and then put the acid in there.
Speaker 2: That hard lost me.
Speaker 1: She wants to seem like he actually did come back to life. I got that too, but she was trying to make it seem like he rose from the dead, came back down there, killed Hawkeye, and then somehow turned the acid on himself and dissolved his own arms. Like I was so confused.
Speaker 2: You're starting to ask logical questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that wrong in this Yes, it seems like that that detective would have pointed that out though, like.
Speaker 3: About Yes, as thorough as Blanc was, he would have been like what Mike said, like, well, how the fuck, why would he stick his hands right?
Speaker 2: He didn't believe it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why would Glenn Close think that that made sense?
Speaker 2: It's really where I was stopping at. Oh, well they're not that smart. Well yeah, there's that, but I can see somebody that doesn't, that has never committed the crime before, not thinking that all the way through.
Speaker 1: But who then? Who turned the acid on? Why wouldn't mind.
Speaker 2: Eaten by acid?
Speaker 7: Like would that actually kill you? Would stop your heart?
Speaker 2: Or you just well pull.
Speaker 1: Your arms back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the whole you know, I guess, as they said later, the whole idea was when she was explaining, was he was supposed to rise and die again, so then that was supposed to be him. Just now why she would think that?
Speaker 7: So he just assented to heaven at this point?
Speaker 2: This is this is what was the motive for him coming back to kill doctor Nick. I don't know, I don't know why that was. I think for me, the part that I was questioned thing was how did you know the switch to coffees?
Speaker 4: She said, But I don't Knowmber what she said?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he never.
Speaker 2: Gave a hint until he sat down and she started saying.
Speaker 1: She said she suspected she even got there, right, she said she thought he was going to try to kill her anyway, right.
Speaker 7: So if I know you're gonna kill me, I'm not gonna drink anything you give you.
Speaker 1: And they already played the trick with mon Signior with the coffee or with the with the flask, so maybe she just assumed he would do the same trick.
Speaker 2: So she just guessed.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess she was just like, I'm not going to take it. The chances that I'm not going to take it.
Speaker 1: The chances move, but then I'm gonna throw you in this acid thing. I just don't I don't understand with The following.
Speaker 3: Morning, the police and the congregation convened the church for judge confession, only for Blant to explain how it was that that killed Wicks. Well, actually he didn't tell him who did it? Did he don't remember?
Speaker 7: Well he told him he said he can't solve it or something he.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to opted something like that.
Speaker 1: Like that. That was funny, everybody, Yeah, that ship was funny.
Speaker 3: So him going through the whole spiel talking about how the murder went and then saying, but I can't tell y'all.
Speaker 1: I was like man, this is fucking stupid ass movie.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I did, because it was like it was like a full circle moment, like like allowing her to confess her sins and be be.
Speaker 2: And be resolved.
Speaker 1: But that was dumb too, wasn't it, Because why would she tell the the dude that, why would she actually admit that she knew about anything? Because like she told on herself, but she hadn't told on herself that none of this, no one would have ever traced anything back to her.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: But she was done with that part. She was just like, you know what I need. I need to tell the truth.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: She wanted to really come off as a woman of God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she took before that because she gave she gave a confession.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a confession of that. Yeah, that was a confession about the diamond.
Speaker 1: Right, Why would she even do that? That didn't make any sense to me because he challenged her, Yeah, reason to do it? That's stupid.
Speaker 3: He was challenging her faith. He would challenge her faith. He was like, you can't go in there and tell the truth. You're not that faithful to God.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and so yeah, yeah, yeah, this was a big bucket of bugs.
Speaker 7: And I can't remember does she take the stuff?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: Does she kill herself? So I know I'm finna die. Let me tell you all I did so I can go to heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Crazy, So you just kill somebody and now you get to get out of hell free guard. Isn't that the way it works? I know? But it's just like I didn't like this part. Is like, Okay, well she's gonna get a free pass.
Speaker 1: Like she still she still died.
Speaker 6: She thought she was doing it for good reason though, but realized she did it with hatred.
Speaker 3: And what was she gonna do with the jewel? She was gonna said, she was gonna throw it away. Okay, Yeah, she didn't care about the jew that's the thing.
Speaker 4: She didn't want the.
Speaker 2: Even apple out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she just didn't want it to be you know, it was doing in the church, is what she said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, playing back into the religious aspect of it, I guess Block who didn't believe in religion decided to give somebody that did an opportunity to get right with God.
Speaker 1: And that was another another time they used to like it very dramatically.
Speaker 2: This time I feel like it was didn't catch it this part was.
Speaker 3: The explanation was to it was too like, I didn't need recalling him going through it did her confession. I didn't need it was it was lasted like twenty minutes. It was confession.
Speaker 2: It was different from the other movie. So I'm okay with the switch up. Yes, I've seen the other one side.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm kind of well. I appreciate it, and I liked the spirituality aspect of it. I do felt like, again, this is a sign of a weak story if you have to have somebody give all of this like this much.
Speaker 1: I pick up none of this during the whole movie. Yeah, yeah, I don't look at it as a weak story.
Speaker 6: I just look at it like just a different way of telling the story, because I do like because they could have.
Speaker 7: Been telling it, not telling it the whole hour before.
Speaker 1: People do that all the time, but it's always bad. It's bad.
Speaker 3: But when you purposely deceived the audience versus letting us guess wrong.
Speaker 1: But they always Yeah, purposely deceiving an audience is okay, I think. But it was just this whole movie, there was zero that would have given us an indication of what happened. And that's another reason I didn't like this. It's like, Okay, all of this is completely fucking plausible, and then you had to explain it all because you knew it was implausible. You had to explain Glenn close part right, that was the main party because I have my dumb ass. I really did not think ever that she he planned for the guy to get up and fake resurrection all that ship. And it was just like man because she read some books.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if they would have had enough to have been able to put half of what going close.
Speaker 6: Together though, he just gave her opportunity to explain it.
Speaker 7: I mean, but give me explained my perspective or my reasoning or why, but not the whole not her get like the whole story, Like just say this is why why. I felt like I needed to.
Speaker 2: Do the why versus that would have been more interesting.
Speaker 6: I liked this part because they do that, and they did that in the other two movies. This one he allowed her the opportunity to confess it, which still ruins his reputation.
Speaker 4: So it's like he he put his reputation on the line.
Speaker 6: By saying he couldn't solve it in order to allow her to confess her sins and That's what I liked about it, because you remember in the movie he was just like, oh man, this is the greatest case. If I saw this one, i'd be such and such. But he he was just like, you know what, what's more important is her relieving herself.
Speaker 1: Since that's pretty dumb.
Speaker 2: Too if he doesn't even believe in religion.
Speaker 7: No, but I do with him not believing in religion. But and I think that was to Pastor Judge like innocence and sincerity, like because he said, like, you are a good pastor, because you even got me to buy into it. So I think that was kind of speaking to who Pastor Judd actually was to this congregation and like her at the insaying you really are a good pastor or whatever. So I felt I did feel that aspect. I just felt like it was too long to.
Speaker 1: Those I just meant more so it was I thought it was stupid that he would put his reputation on the line for this woman that he doesn't know and for her to get right with God.
Speaker 2: It just seems really stupid.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you just keep your reputation and say, hey, I've solved it.
Speaker 2: I know what happened, and here.
Speaker 1: It is especially when in God. Anyway, That's what I'm saying. He didn't believe it anyway. So it's like what because he really like he liked Judd, but that it only helped Glenn Close.
Speaker 7: But but because of that Judd the confession, jud had to take the confession, not.
Speaker 2: Him, And maybe he saw how Judd handled the lady earlier the Who's a Mom died. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like he thought that Judd was losing faith in his religion, so he wanted to help him, reassure him to do what he's doing.
Speaker 6: This is he said. He said, That's what I'm saying. Going through He's like, do what you do.
Speaker 1: Care about the person he just met.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker. You're trying to solve a crime. Really, but he saw it.
Speaker 1: That's he saw him losing his faith and he was like, well, he wanted to take.
Speaker 6: The case because he saw it, and he was like, man, this is an innocent man. Let me let me save this.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's not what I'm questioning him solving the case. I get that part. It was the end the way he was just like, Okay, I don't know what's going on, Glenn Close, go give all of your details to him because I think he's losing his faith. That just seems dumb.
Speaker 4: Trying to He did say the mask.
Speaker 7: He's having a glimmer of he's actually starting to believe in the faith, Like his faith is actually changing through all of this, which is why.
Speaker 4: Yes, he says it.
Speaker 1: That makes me this like way more want to get God from this. This is what made me.
Speaker 2: Remember he walked out and he was like, nood, I'm good, got it.
Speaker 1: It's just good you know that Ryan Johnson can't do ship right, including Star Wars. It's just good to know that this motherfucker Star Wars. This one was just I don't know. I think you want to.
Speaker 7: Ask her for the last.
Speaker 2: So I'm in the middle. I am with with a lot of what you guys are feeling, uh Nay and Mike, But I am with Rod and that I get why he did. He just wanted to switch it up because the previous two movies, Yeah, that's what he did. Block explained everything. So he just wanted to do something different.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. That makes sense. I'm gonna do something different, Becau because the last two movies were derivative. Makes sense. But if you're looking at this from a story aspect, it doesn't make any sense. It just makes sense from a Oh I'm a movie maker and I want to do something different, but it's like, how about you write it better? So it makes sense why you did it different.
Speaker 6: I feel like he showed infinity for Judd, even when he was like no, no, no.
Speaker 1: He told him like three or four times, don't don't like.
Speaker 2: Whipped this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like come on, man, let's get out of this.
Speaker 7: This a you.
Speaker 1: Know what, you should go home? You're right about Yeah, he showed that he didn't want the wrong person to go to jail.
Speaker 4: Yes, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he could have explained it.
Speaker 1: Yes, he could have just explained to himself instead of going through all this rigama roll with. But whatever.
Speaker 3: So this movie ends with the diamond emerald whatever it was in the Crucifixion in the church.
Speaker 1: We zoom out and it's oh, fuck Dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the body of Jesus's heart, Eve's apple, I'm picking that apple off that tree man.
Speaker 1: The sun was like Beline somewhere.
Speaker 2: Somewhere.
Speaker 6: It's the roof of goddamn get the yard cut, little pump bitch.
Speaker 1: That was kind of funny. That was kind of funny. A little racist, but that was kind of funny. Uh.
Speaker 6: Any final thoughts, I enjoyed these man we go back to like can say they be making my top ten because it's just one of those movies that I just like, I don't know, it's just I don't really have to contrary to what it is. I don't really have to think about it. Like it's not that deep.
Speaker 1: It's a fun time. It was movie to watch, and I put those on my list some times.
Speaker 4: Just ship that don't that ain't even that deep.
Speaker 5: A good game of Clue, Yeah, yeah, I raither watch Clue. The movie who was good, but I feel like it's that all right. This has been our review for last White Lotus.
Speaker 1: I think White Lotus is ten million times more interesting than.
Speaker 4: This White Loas. This is a good job.
Speaker 1: They get you to care about the characters. This does not get you to care about anybody.
Speaker 6: What you did it?
Speaker 1: I tell you, he said, he asked.
Speaker 3: It was one of thoughts, and this has been our review Friday, first second or not.
Speaker 1: Because we are out peace Bye,