Speaker 1: Live from Vaal Hartbeiner and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz today.
Speaker 2: It's a press conference from the newly minted Attorney General, Todd blanche. He is there with some of his people. Me I'm Tony Katz. The show is Tony Katz today. Good to be here, Good to be with you. Let's take it to the Attorney general.
Speaker 3: We are announcing the arrests and unseiling of an indictment out of the Southern District of New York charging eleven individuals for allegedly overseeing an extensive, decade long marriage fraud scheme involving more than one thousand sham marriages between Chinese nationals and United States citizens.
Speaker 2: And holy crap, Okay, guys, was not expecting this sham marriages?
Speaker 4: Did he say a thousand?
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, I'm going to back that up a little bit. Did he say a thousand.
Speaker 3: Marriage fraud scheme involving more than one thousand sham marriages between Chinese nationals.
Speaker 4: And United States citizens?
Speaker 3: And then the submission of fraudulent applications for green cards. This is one of the largest marriage frauds prosecutions in the United States history.
Speaker 4: This scheme was not a.
Speaker 3: Quick, fly by night operation, but rather a year's long, multimillion dollar cottage industry to criminally assist people who would not or legally could not otherwise become citizens of the United States.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm willing to bet you any amount of money that you and I are actually having the same conversation in our heads, and that conversation is well. Of course people were doing this. We knew people were doing this. Of Course people get married to get somebody a Green card. We one thousand percent knew this was happening. You have had this conversation over Thanksgiving dinner, you had it with your uncle, you've had it at work, you've had it with friends over beer. Absolutely, you knew this was happening. Yet somehow when you hear it, you still say, what the hell? Because we think of it as a one off. We think of it as somebody doing something illicted over there. We think of it as Ilhanomh and her brother, which I believe happened organized.
Speaker 4: That's the part that really blows us away.
Speaker 3: The men and women who facilitated this scheme were all naturalized citizens originally from China, and one Green card holder under President Trump's leadership, the Department of Justice is working alongside our partners at DHS to secure the border and protect American communities.
Speaker 4: Let's go back over that, because that's the line.
Speaker 2: Let's make sure everybody heard it exactly the way the Attorney General Todd Blanche said it.
Speaker 4: Out of states.
Speaker 3: The men and women who facilitated this scheme were all naturalized citizens originally from China, and one Green card holder. Under President Trump's leadership, the Department of Justice is working alongside our partners at DHS to secure the border and protect American communities.
Speaker 2: The only answer I'm going to accept from Todd Blanche is to denaturalize those people and deport those people. And then I want to find China twenty billion dollars do me a favorite producer land. Will you look up what our debt is to China right now? Yeah, look, look look that up. China must pay the price for doing this. Tell me more about how a birthright citizenship isn't an issue any more that this is. Oh, you're just you're just being a racist towards Chinese nationals, Kitten.
Speaker 4: When I see Chinese nationals grown.
Speaker 2: Men, single men, able bodied men trying to get into the United States. If you admit them into the United States, you are for cocta crazy, You are out of your mind. Nuts, You're deranged. You know I'm saying you, and I apologize. They're deranged. They're deranged, and they can't be allowed power. By the way, the number is six hundred and fifty three point nine billion dollars. That's what we owe China. Did I say twenty billion? I'm sorry, I meant two hundred billion, thirty percent off the top. That's what it costs you. It's paid. No, no, no, no, don't care if you like it or you don't like it. It means absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: China. You want to fight about it, I say, we fight about it.
Speaker 2: Of course, you don't think that this constitutes invasion, honey, pooky boo boo, kitten shmoo. Chinese nationals cannot be allowed to be US citizens.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 2: Now you say to me, Tony, that's a It might be going a little bit overboard right there. We have to be able to prove hardships, real hardships, because there are plenty of Hong Kongers who got absolutely abused, abused.
Speaker 4: By the Chinese government.
Speaker 2: Remember when they were fighting for their freedom, and we just let China put their boot on their neck. And everybody in the NBA said, Hey, when's our next game in China? Love that money, right, Lebron. Of course it's an invasion. Of course it's an attack. Of course it's a threat, and we should deal with it accordingly. Back to the Attorney General Todd Blanche, with this announcement an arrest of a ring to coordinate and facilitate sham marriages, people could become citizens, involving naturalized citizens from China, over one thousand sham marriages. And I'd like to know of those one thousand sham marriages, plus how many of them applied for some kind of welfare or other benefit from the United States.
Speaker 3: Something that was ignored during the last administration. Not only are we protecting our physical borders from unlawful crossings, but we are also preventing immigration fraud schemes that are just another way to skirt the immigration laws of the United States.
Speaker 4: As alleged, some of.
Speaker 3: The charge defendants acted as facilitators who orchestrated the marriage fraud scheme, pairing foreign nationals seeking immigration status with United States citizens willing to participate and engage in a sham marriage. These facilitators employed attorneys, tax preparers, and marriage officiants. Some of the other charge defendants acted as recruiters by finding and recruiting United States citizens to participate in the scheme, and other defendants acted as officiants, officiating dozens of these alleged fake marriages. Now, the way that this scheme allegedly worked is the facilitators used social media and other forms of advertising to market fraudulent immigration services to foreign nationals, primarily from China, and Chinese nationals would pay these facilitators as much as one hundred thousand dollars for assistance in obtaining a marriage, which then allowed them to apply for a green card. The facilitators also paid willing US citizens as much as thirty thousand dollars to engage in the sham marriage with the foreign national. Now, often after these phony ceremonies, defendants would stage images of families at restaurants to create the appearance of a legitimate wedding, and some of the defendants also facilitated sham marriages overseas in China. After the marriages took place, the actual ceremony that then married couples would visit a local office affiliated with the scheme, sign forms for submission to the US Citizen and Immigration Services, learn about the USCIS interview process to apply for a green card, and then execute prenuptial agreements, which, not surprisingly given the allegation these were sham marriages, waived their rights to share in the others a state upon death, child support and other claims and marital property.
Speaker 2: At this moment, I people ask me why I drink bourbon.
Speaker 4: This is ugly. This is ugly.
Speaker 2: I this I wasn't He wasn't actually on the system today to give any presser.
Speaker 4: So this was a bit of a surprise.
Speaker 2: Over one thousand sham marriages busted the purpose to allow Chinese nationals to become citizens. Money paid over in cases one hundred thousand dollars, and Americans who are implicated may have gotten paid thirty thousand dollars. All those people have to go to jail who are Americans, and all those naturalized citizens have to be denaturalized and deported today in any lower court that wants to get involved, those activist judges need to be thrown off the bench.
Speaker 4: Innocent until proven guilty.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, when they're proven guilty, goodbye. And with all of this, Stephanie White, coach of the Indiana Fever, her presser is even crazier.
Speaker 4: I've got that story coming up. Keep it here. This is Tony Katz today.
Speaker 2: Stephanie White is the coach of the Indiana Fever and she made a statement before the game that the Fever played against the New York Liberty. That did not help her, did not help the Indiana Fever, did not help the WNBA. If anything, it made her look weak, it made the team look weak, and it made the WNBA look like they don't.
Speaker 4: Quite understand what the issue is.
Speaker 2: Tony Katz, Tony Katz today and for the Jamel Hills and everybody else who wants to say that we don't have the right to talk about this and we're just obsessing over this because of race. The WNBA has a choice to make. The WNBA can decide that they are in the business of being a league, or the WNBA can decide that they are in the business of being a welfare recipient. Four years the WNBA was a welfare recipient. The NBA wanted to create a league for women. The league never made any money, the league never got any traction and yet it's still got funded. Now, living in Indiana might be different our team than other teams because this is a basketball state, right the expression here is in forty nine other states it's just basketball.
Speaker 4: But this is Indiana.
Speaker 2: They take it at a level I cannot describe to you.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Right, It's in the same way this state views the month of May because that's when the Indianapols five hundred happens. Now, every state has something that connects for the people who live it is a thing for them.
Speaker 4: Basketball for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: And so we did pay attention to the Indiana fever and we had great Tamika Catchings was a great ambassador for the league and was.
Speaker 4: A star of her time. And then Caitlyn Clark came to town.
Speaker 2: Well the rest is history, as you know, and more people paid attention, and that upsets some people because this girl was getting attention and these weren't getting attention. And this was big a tree, and that's when the crazy fouls would start. Some things I think Caitlyn Clark complained about that weren't worth complaining about. And some things she was absolutely right and everybody saw it. But with Caitlyn Clark came the opportunity to become a league that could be self sufficient.
Speaker 4: They went from commercial.
Speaker 2: Flights to charter flights, private, better hotels, They started to play in real arenas, they moved games, and people are like, well, if you're gonna put on a show, we want to see it. If it's gonna be entertaining, we want to see it. My daughters now want to go. Absolutely, I'm taking them fantastic. The w NBA has on every level shown that they were not up to the moment, because it's not that they could control the criticism criticisms from without. It has nothing to do with the criticisms from without. They could not handle the criticisms from within the players, the coaches and the media that.
Speaker 4: Clearly didn't want this for their little league.
Speaker 2: And so there's been a lot of talk and with the Sophie Cunningham conversations about how girls sports would be for girls, they don't like that either. And now going after Sophie Cunningham and the clothesline tackle if you will from uh De Johnny uh dejohn De, Janna is it Dijana Jena djon a thank you Djna carryon and people have been talking about this more. Well, this became a thing because it was a clothesline. By the way, Sophie Cunningham has done this before. She's tackled people on court before she.
Speaker 4: Got thrown out of the game.
Speaker 2: Carrington got thrown out of the game, and then she immediately put White privilege. Good lord, she's trying to backtrack that a lot of criticism. That brings us to the coach of the Indiana Fever, Stephanie White, who, when first asked about the foul against her player Sophie Cunningham, was like, listen, these girls are going to play hard. And now she comes to have a presser where she is going after the detractors and claiming she never saw the play.
Speaker 5: You know, this isn't necessarily for those people that are in this room. This is more for an online community that's trying to create narratives that simply don't exist. We ate a fabrication or disortion of who I am, what I'm about our players, success, our players, health and wellness, our players safety is always a top priority for me. One of the things I pride myself on is my relationships with players. For those who have anything to say about the play in the last game, I didn't see the play in real time. I went straight to a press conference. I thought the play got called right, thankfully Sophie's Okay, was it egregious? Absolutely? When you have a chance to watch that over and over and over on replay, you can see that I didn't have that in real time.
Speaker 4: But I take personally sorry.
Speaker 5: Any suggestions that I don't one hundred always have my players back. I ride with them ten toes down all the time, all.
Speaker 4: Of the time.
Speaker 5: They know that it's a shame that we can't have an opportunity to talk about what great basketball they're playing because they are team playing.
Speaker 6: The reality is with me, I will always lead with love, I will always lead with grace, I will always lead with humility, and I will always.
Speaker 5: Lead with integrity. Doesn't mean I'll always get a writer.
Speaker 4: I'm also human.
Speaker 5: The hate, the fear mongering, the divisiveness, the stuff that's trying to hijack our league will not win.
Speaker 4: It won't win.
Speaker 5: We are united, we are connected.
Speaker 4: We will not be divided. Every day.
Speaker 5: These women put their ass on the line every day.
Speaker 4: When they go low, we go high.
Speaker 5: Love go win, Grace will win, Humility will win, and kindness will win.
Speaker 4: I stand by them.
Speaker 5: I will always stand by them.
Speaker 4: Everybody else can.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I'm going to start where I start. That was poorly done, That was poorly advised. She embarrassed herself, She embarrassed the Fever organization. She embarrassed the WNBA. If you allow your emotions to control you, there is nothing else that can happen. Now, it's possible that men see this differently than women looking at my chat room. Nope, we all see it the same way. But I want to break down a couple of things she said, just to show how disconnected it is from reality.
Speaker 4: The online community has an issue.
Speaker 2: You mean the fan You mean the people who want to show up and want to pay you.
Speaker 4: They want to give you their money. And you're making it more and more difficult.
Speaker 2: Because you won't admit that they targeted Caitlin Clark, and you won't admit that there's a real racism within the WNBA.
Speaker 4: And you won't say the W stands for women.
Speaker 2: If you did not see the foul in real time, Coach White, why did you comment on it?
Speaker 4: I think that's a very legitimate criticism.
Speaker 2: Why'd you comment on it? Why not say I didn't see it. I need to go back and watch it. You defended Carrington, you defended Djona. Shouldn't have You should have admitted to that You're going to lead with love, grace, humility, and integrity and hate. Fear mongering and divisiveness will not win. Tell that to the players in the WNBA. Tell that to the coaches in the WNBA. Tell that to the media in the WNBA, not me. Love will win, grace and kindness will win, and everybody else can go to hell. Well, if you wanted to take a big giant crap on your own message, Coach White, bravo.
Speaker 4: You did no favors here for yourself, for your team, or the league.
Speaker 2: And I think there should be a conversation about whether or not you have the temperament to be a coach, because as a fan, you just told them to.
Speaker 4: Go to help. I'm Tony Kats.
Speaker 2: Three more things Tony Kats Tony Katz Today, Guys, thank you for being here. Really do appreciate it. Tony Kats Today is the name of the show. Find everything I do at Tony Katz dot com. I hope you'll head over there. I hope you will subscribe and be a part of what it is we're building. Can't thank you guys enough for showing up today. Three more things. So these are stories that should be front page news, but because of everything on the front page doesn't make the front pages. Of course, we still have a war going with Iran. I'll get to updates coming up in a little bit. And we just heard from the Attorney General, that is Todd Blanche talking about charges that have come in a Chinese national marriage fraud screen. I'm gonna try to say this again, Chinese national marriage fraud scheme.
Speaker 4: That ain't easy.
Speaker 2: Over a thousand plus sham marriages that the Department of Justice has identified where people spent one hundred thousand dollars to be able to get a green card here in the United States, involving mainly a Chinese nationals.
Speaker 4: This is massive.
Speaker 2: This has to change who we allow into the country. We have to start saying no. This plays in the conversation of what Senator Jim Banks discusses as invasion, as he wants to change the laws and better define what it is to be an invader. Therefore, to work within the Supreme Court decision on birthright citizenship, everybody when I talk about this, everyone says, Tony, the Supreme Court already rules if you're born in the United States or a United States citizen.
Speaker 4: Why don't you understand this? I understand what it is that Justice.
Speaker 2: Kavanaugh said, the Fourteenth Amendment born in the United States and subjects to the jurisdiction thereof the Court, I think improperly ruled. Improperly ruled that to be born here is enough. But there was no conversation about whether or not Congress can, through legislation make the determination of who is an invader because the Court was did not make any change just to what we already know to be factual that if someone is considered a threat invader, they cannot be a citizen. They do not fall into that category. Aren't regarding being born in the United States? You can change this. People don't like hearing the word invader. A thousand plus sham marriages. Is there anything else we have to discuss? Could we all just be rational for five minutes? It's all I ask. It's a simple request. Normal, normal, normal for five minutes. If we had normal in the United States for five minutes, people would actually.
Speaker 4: Not know what to do with themselves. They'd completely lose their minds.
Speaker 2: So while this is going on and that all just got released today, Todd blanche I wasn't expecting the presser.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, he.
Speaker 2: Comes to the microphone and man, this for cable news outside of MS. Now, this is going to be the top story tonight. Oh, this is going to be This is is a big one. But there are other stories and I absolutely want to get to them because they are very, very big stories, but they just aren't going to make the front page. And we start with the Michigan The University of Michigan. Did I mention I am not a fan of blue it's the radicalness of the politics. They can't be denied.
Speaker 4: Not a fan in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: The University of Michigan is going to eliminate traditional letter grades for first semester freshmen beginning in the fall of twenty twenty seven. It's going to address what is described as a growing mental health crisis among college students. So what's going to happen is that students in the university's College of Literature, Science, and the Arts will get pass or no credit on transcripts. That college enrolls about four thousand students every year. It will help the freshmen quote acclimate to the demands of college and allow intrinsic motivations to guide personally meaningful academic journeys. I'm not quite sure what that means, but after reading it, I need a shower acclimate to the demands of college and allow intrinsic motivations to guide personally meaningful academic journeys. Now, the grades will not be on transcripts, they will not be utilized in calculating grade point averages, but professors will still give the grades and those will be used to determine scholarship eligibility other academic awards. So the issue here, as we understand it, is that kids get to college, they are not prepared for the riggers, and they collapse because it's the first time in their life they've ever been told no, we have a problem, and the problem has to be fixed, and we if we want to argue that the problem is lower education.
Speaker 4: Well that's absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: You see, I see the comments, Mike, I see your comment translation the kids are weak. I am not actually saying no. I'll agree with you there, but I like to take a different approach, in a different tact which is the education system has failed to do its job, and that's why we need to break the teachers' union into and end public education as we know it. It does not create good students, it does not prepare students for the future.
Speaker 4: Now we can argue.
Speaker 2: As well that this is also a cultural problem where parents have failed to provide for their children.
Speaker 4: Part of what that.
Speaker 2: Issue is is that we have parents, in large measure, in large swaths, who are trying to be friends with their children. Your child is not your friends. You love your child, not your friend. You are mom or you are dad. You are not the friend, and you are never going to be their friend. You can have a great relationship with your kid, you can hang with your kid. As you get older, you can have a different.
Speaker 4: Relationship with your kid, but in.
Speaker 2: Those formative years, in those growth years, you're not their friend.
Speaker 4: The role is that of parents.
Speaker 2: It's a different role, and it is thankless at times, and it is tough. Often it's absolutely rewarding. I have explained to my children more than once that I am not your friend. I am your father. And there is a difference. And I take it seriously and I love doing it. Love doing it. I didn't know I was gonna love doing it, but I do because I take the responsibility seriously. It's a pleasure to have this opportunity. Your friend will tell you everything will be okay. I'm your father. Sometimes this crap won't be okay, and you're gonna have to figure out how to handle that. You're gonna have to get your emotions in check and deal with it. You have to be stronger than the moment. That's part of the deal. That is the deal. The schools are failing the kids. The parents are failing the kids because we don't push for the strength, which is why when Pete Hegsat, the Secretary of Defense talks about lethality, talks about physical fitness, talks about the strength of mind one needs to be in the military, people are flocking to it because they want it. The standard is good, the standard is valuable, the standard is necessary, The standard is everything. We don't hold the kids to the standards that they are craving. We don't hold them to responsibility that they are craving. They want to prove that they are worthy because they are alive, because that is the human condition, and we don't give them the opportunity It is parents and teachers and these unions and culture ripping it from them, and then they look for something, and then the state steps in and says, we've got this. You should be part of the revolution, because look at all this system that fails you.
Speaker 4: You don't think that all connects, all connects.
Speaker 2: It's all right there, It's all played out right in front of you. All you have to do is be willing to put those pieces together and it will set a course.
Speaker 4: It will show you what we have done wrong, and it will show you a way to do it better.
Speaker 2: This we could talk about the kids being weak and the kids being.
Speaker 4: This, that and the other.
Speaker 2: It is the parents, it is the teachers, It is the teachers' unions.
Speaker 4: It is the culture.
Speaker 2: It is what we have allowed to happen, what we have put upon, forced upon, abused our kids.
Speaker 4: With, and it's what we have to undo.
Speaker 2: And when parents started undoing that, trying to undo that, seeing the insanity of COVID, seeing what was actually being taught, that Merrick Garland and that Attorney General under Joe Biden, who actually maybe never was president, was a cabal, designated those parents as what domestic terrorists to keep them to try and stifle them and keep them from being the people who could make the changes. You have to break the teachers union too. You have to break these people in half. One of the other stories headline stories, is that Samuel Alito has stated that he is sticking around. President Trump thrilled that Alito has said he's going to remain for another term.
Speaker 4: He's not going to retire. Now, I wonder if that means that.
Speaker 2: Justice Alito sees that the opportunity for the Republicans to be victorious in the midterms is real, because if the Senate is controlled by Democrats, President Trump's gonna have a hard time replacing anybody.
Speaker 4: On the Court.
Speaker 2: If Todd Blanche cannot get a single Democrat to vote for him, when Todd Blanche is of no issue, zero issue, if you.
Speaker 4: Can vote from Merrick Garland, you could vote for Todd Blanche. I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: Merck Garland was a far worse choice, a far more a political choice, a far more rabid choice than Todd Blanche. So I'm wondering if this is Aledo signaling something here, because President Trump said, great news for our country. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito has announced that he is staying on for another term. He is one of the greatest of all time. We are all lucky. We're definitely lucky, one thousand percent lucky that he's sticking around. You're lucky that you haven't had your information taken from the net yet and utilized against you. But man, it's happening. These data brokers, it's multi billion dollar industry, and they get all your information, not just your home address, not just your email address, but your medical conditions. They've gotving records, they've got your kids' names, and people are able to buy that file and use it against you. They do the phishing text and they do the scam calls everything. Americans lost twenty billion dollars to fraud just last year, maybe more. Those scammers are not lucky. They're prepared. You need to get prepared. You do that with incognity I ncog n I in cogni dot com, slash cats use my last name, cats Katz. They go broker by broker. They force these brokers to delete your file and if anything tries to creep back in and cognity is.
Speaker 4: There and boom they do it again. They get the data gone, go.
Speaker 2: Do incognity dot com slash cats for sixty percent off.
Speaker 4: Find out how it works.
Speaker 2: It really is quite amazing in Cogniti dot com slash cats Katz take your private life off of the market in Cogniti dot com slash cats more to get to this is Tony Kats Today.
Speaker 4: It's a recall from Chrysler.
Speaker 2: Fifty thousand vehicles.
Speaker 4: Are being recalled Tony Katz. Tony Katz today. This over seat belts.
Speaker 2: This is the twenty twenty three to twenty twenty five Dodge Hornet. The twenty twenty three through twenty twenty six Alfa Romeo tanal tn Ali is a pronounced toanal. By the way, this happens to me a lot with pronunciations. It's not that I don't know how to speak. It's that I read and I'm not watching videos and clips and everything else. And what happens is I sometimes mispronounce because I haven't heard it said before.
Speaker 4: I do feel bad about it.
Speaker 2: I have to now put it upon myself to to make sure I check, double check, and recheck. So sometimes I mispronounced and I apologize for that not trying to. So the recall is about a seat belt defect that could increase the risk of injury in a crash. Approximately one point six percent of the vehicles have the defect. The rear outboard seat belts may become twisted and failed to retract properly, so therefore it's not gonna hold you in if there's an accent that brakes get hit hard and whoop, you go flying.
Speaker 4: So there's the recall there.
Speaker 2: I have a larger question for Chrysler and Stillantis, which is how are they doing as a company. There were some years there, COVID years, et cetera, where they weren't building a vehicle that was working, weren't building a vehicle that was connecting, and they.
Speaker 4: Were just the quality had gone down. And then they got rid of the CEO.
Speaker 2: The CEO is actually like, well the problem isn't me, The problem is with you at the dealerships, and the dealers.
Speaker 4: Were like, are you out of your skull? And then the next thing you know, the CEO was gone.
Speaker 2: And so I think there is this rebuild at play, but I've not really heard anything about them. I hear about moves from GM, really interesting move for their supply chains. Four and a half billion dollars moved from Ford as they're betting again on electric vehicles, but at a thirty thousand dollars price point.
Speaker 4: I don't hear about Stilantis. I don't hear about Chrysler. This is Tony Katz today,