Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to a new episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. Kenn It be in share along with Rob, Mike and Spike. Sounds like you said, Rob, we're here to talk about trained dreams. So I guess we're going through.
Speaker 2: You are You are a fucking idiot, man, Jesus christ Man. Come on, you supposed to have been a totally different movie. I can't fucking stand. Look what you've done to him. Look what you've done to him?
Speaker 3: God? Wow, ain't you? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five American period drama film directed by Clinton Bentley uh and apparently based off of a novella by Dennis Johnson. So it has Joel Egerton in it, Felicity Jones. Those are the two that I know. So and Will Patton was doing the narration. Oh who will Patton?
Speaker 4: Feel like?
Speaker 5: We?
Speaker 3: He was in Macy No, William Macy, the old dude, right, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was in Punisher. He was in he was in the movie. Yeah he wasn't. I'm looking at his picture.
Speaker 3: Now, who who are now? The guy that narrated? He was in the movie? Who was he? The old dude that died there.
Speaker 5: That was Macy. I'm almost positive, Okay, he said somebody Patton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Will Patton.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he did sing sing two years ago in twenty twenty three, and jockey and something called trans Speckles. So I don't know if y'all familiar with any of those outside of sing sing. And I know who y'all know, Will Patton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know Will Patton. I can't who the fuck was he? Let me see he was one of the loggers.
Speaker 4: I thought he was like the second guy.
Speaker 3: Was he one of the loggers? I don't know, man, I think you're thinking about another the other guy the dynamite. Who's the one with the dynamite? That was when you may Yeah he narrator. That's dude saying Will Will Patty. We haven't even got to god, you know what.
Speaker 1: He played another role in here, honestly now and I'm looking at it. He just looked like one of thold old wife man in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: This might be a little bit of a different review, y'all. And what you guys are normally used to for everybody out there listening, what do uh well, you know, we've been kind of going through these uh nominated films really sort of in a discussion as shit, did they deserve that?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 1: You know, this one was definitely up for awards. So I go through some of the awards. Twenty twenty six nominated for Best Achievement and Cinematography. Yeah, Best Achievement and Music Written for Motion Pictures, Music, Motion Picture of the Year, and Adapted Screenplay. So before I get into some of these nominations, did anybody like this movie?
Speaker 3: And the Science is Death?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: I like, I like elements, but no as a whole, I was bored out of my mind, but I like elements of it, especially when it comes to the cinematography.
Speaker 3: I definitely give them that.
Speaker 6: Like the colorist did an amazing job on is I don't even know how he pulled some of the colors out of this, but a lot of salmon mhm, none, but nah, they did a really good job with that. I remember the music being good, so I can say, yeah, yeah, I do remember that Best Motion Picture.
Speaker 4: Though I don't know why we'll get into that.
Speaker 7: No, no, damn, And part of the reason, like it's a fine film standing alone, but if you're telling me this motion picture of your nomination, like it's just this old, slow, boring formula that I feel like you got to a bide by to be nominated, because even the other two movies we looked at Last we felt the same way as this. It's like there's this old slow thing that it's got to be for the Oscar people to be like, oh, this could be Member the other year, Like then, shit happened in this movie.
Speaker 4: A lot happened in the movie.
Speaker 1: We followed eighty years old, We followed Robert Rainer's life living in the old.
Speaker 7: It's like if Forrest Gump wasn't interesting, this is exactly what it's like. Forrest Gump played at Alabama, talked to the president, he did all this interesting ship throughout this storytell this is just a for Gump teale with nothing interesting happens.
Speaker 6: That one nigga did sound like Bubba Gump. He was talking about, uh before he got shot. What he was talking about. He was talking about all the different religious ship. He was just like, yeah, then I was.
Speaker 3: He just kept talking the black dude came and shot him. Yeah, before the black dude came and shot him. You don't rembert religious, not like Bubba Gump. When he was talking about shrimp he was talking about.
Speaker 7: He was talking about books of the Bible like this.
Speaker 4: Everywhere.
Speaker 3: Nobody really wanted to hear it.
Speaker 4: But they didn't want to listen to a lot of things.
Speaker 3: That but that one was very specific.
Speaker 6: And when you say Forrest Gump, they remind me of Bubba Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Mike, what's that you, bro?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, I picture Mike was watching this. I was so fucking annoyed, man. I mean, Joe Edgerton did a great, great.
Speaker 5: Job, but this is not a great movie. This is absolutely not a great movie. I don't even want to say nothing happen, but yeah, nothing really happened. It was just this boring ass I'm going through life and I lost my baby and my wife and now I'm sad. No, this was this was boring, man, This was boring.
Speaker 1: It's a good, old, wholesome movie.
Speaker 4: I think in the aspects of like.
Speaker 1: What when you get to the end, and the aspects of what I guess they were sinking out to accomplished watching this guy.
Speaker 4: Go through this.
Speaker 1: First of all, I know I did not enjoy the movie, but I think in terms of like why it got nominated and all the other stuff, I can absolutely see them watching something like this with all those things that it was nominated for, like.
Speaker 3: Good, this is so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Touch was so in terms of him suffering this loss, trying to navigate through it, and eventually we were having a conversation is the mice looan realizing that he was in a completely different world that he was used to, And that came with the second stint uh with with the loggers.
Speaker 4: But outside of that, bro, I was I was folding close watching this movie.
Speaker 3: Here you go again, but go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I was.
Speaker 3: The getting me rid of everything. Every time. He still doesn't every time somebody saut.
Speaker 7: Somebody said about the last review, you don't get credit for that one because you ain't watch it, because you said you.
Speaker 4: Tell him, because because I was.
Speaker 1: I was definitely watching the movie, but it was it was a great distraction from this mundane you need that I did not want to do. And they you know, three baskets. I was like, all right, I'm gonna sit here and watch this movie. And while I'm sitting here folding and hanging up clothes, and it did not make the task go by anything. Oh my god, this movie was folding closed.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: It was like and I kept waiting, like, okay, you know, here we are, we meet Robert Grainer and all this other stuff. He's an orphan. He's going off, and I'm like, we get a chance to see what the world was like back in the day. Spike, you know what does a great job with that? Not laying man, but nineteen twenty three or what all that old shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this.
Speaker 1: Didn't really do it, Mike Ron and Spike. When threw that motherfucker off the damn bridge.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing that was interesting in bro I thought.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, we got a movie.
Speaker 3: Now someone was here.
Speaker 7: Either he was from the stand up for him or something was gonna happen other than say shit, it looks like.
Speaker 3: For a second minute he did. He At first he's like, wait, what do you do? What do you do?
Speaker 5: And then he went and started trying to help them carry him over to kill him, and the dude kicked.
Speaker 3: Him in his fucking mouth.
Speaker 5: Then he kept seeing him, yeah, because he felt guilty because he took part in it.
Speaker 4: Right, he was, he was building the train.
Speaker 1: And then I guess this was the trained dreams from here on out, because this happened while he was doing that, and he just was haunted by for the rest because they never really explained why they the movie never really explained why they threw him over. They just threw him over. They never gave him an explanation or the viewers an explanation.
Speaker 4: It just kind of happened.
Speaker 5: But we know it was very they did that back then, like yeah, yeah, that was part. That was what That was their version of what's happening now with with brown people. That was how they The movie did say that. Actually the movie said that they were deporting, Uh, Chinese Americans came.
Speaker 7: In in that specific situation, Like they didn't say why they grabbed that dude was Chinese?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, have you have you Yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was Chinese guy there, right, Yeah, they did say Chinese racist. They definitely said.
Speaker 4: He was Chinese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were unclear reasons.
Speaker 1: We yeah, they weren't doing that, but they were uncleansed unclear reasons why he was thrown over the bridge because he was helping them work on it at that time and maybe even later on. We already mentioned the guy that walked up and shot the other guy. Yeah, you know, it was just a lot of that blatant racism going out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you if you can get away with that sort of justice, but I think out there in the woods during that time, yeah, they just but yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: That's the point though.
Speaker 6: I think the point, like the pull these people off of their jobs or whatever.
Speaker 3: You could be like, yo, what did he do?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, like like and they never gave you And I'll tell you what he did, like he was, he was this in America is what he did. And that's all that matters were throwing his ass off a bridge. Yeah, yeah, that was wild. Yeah, if you if you guys ever really solved not just the stories of how they treated like yes, man, bro.
Speaker 5: It's yes, it's it's bad no Asians. Yeah, yeah, how they treated Chinese people back in those days after the war, World War I assumed it was one after.
Speaker 4: This was going on during World War One.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you're looking at Japan.
Speaker 4: Work dried up after the war.
Speaker 1: And yeah, because in the movie they made it, you know, it was like work dried up after the war. You know, he was going on being a logger, he was going away from his wife.
Speaker 4: He married this this.
Speaker 1: Woman, uh moy River who came up to him the other movie. Uh, and they had a daughter, Kate, and so he was going back and forth. During the longest season, we spent a lot of time with him there Armed Peoples. Did you guys find anything fascinating about Armed Peoples? The old man that just kept talking explosing guy, okay, anything about him.
Speaker 4: Because he ain't do any work right he was.
Speaker 3: He was just talking about the old days, how we used to do it all.
Speaker 6: You know, he probably was like the fuck up man, Yeah, because I feel like you always got some money like that.
Speaker 4: On the job.
Speaker 7: That ain't done that damn work, God, damn.
Speaker 6: The thing I found important about him was this speech about like kind of like the movie we just watched Mother Nature, how you chopping down these redwood trees that's been around for five hundred plus years, and you know that's doing something to the soul, whether you know it or not. So I did like that part. I did like the element that he brought with that, like, yo, y'all, y'all up here cutting down Mother Nature, cutting down these trees. And we just got finished talking about that because we just revealed Mother So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: You're right, that was the best line.
Speaker 7: I feel like a movie like you think all this no come with a cost, And he mentioned that in his narration of it. He was like, we single handley like have defaced this part of like you can tell the difference each time you go back. How so, yeah, he did have a good speech. Chair William's basically gonna do his thing every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you righter.
Speaker 1: I liked what he represented, you know, him being just that goddess in around just talking him down to middle aged people are younger about how things were done in his day, you know. So I thought that that was interesting, and they kind of you know, displayed him in a very comedic light with him just sitting on the.
Speaker 4: Log and not doing shit.
Speaker 1: Did you guys feel like the sense of danger from doing that sort of work when the tree fell down? And oh yeah, took out those three people to two people actually.
Speaker 3: For it to be a fairly boring movie.
Speaker 7: They did a good job with that, Like they didn't harp on it, but like out of nowhere, surprisingly boomed a tree fall, somebody's dead, like shit, like it kind of take you back watching it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, so yeah, I thought that was interesting and of course that's how Armed Peoples died. He died the same way, like a tree fell here him and he just basically lost it, you know, his memory and stuff like that, and then he was dead.
Speaker 4: The other aspect of this movie.
Speaker 1: Because they are really just key moments in it, which was of course Armed People's dying, the danger of the trees, you know.
Speaker 3: Like, are you we got popped in side of here with that damn tree. Now the tree fell on him.
Speaker 4: They showed the look up.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker you in the woods and they're fucking cutting you.
Speaker 4: What they said, look out.
Speaker 3: Well it's his fault. She shouldn't have been out there.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh, I'm all right, I'm right.
Speaker 3: So you didn't like the dialogue he brought about mother Nature, and honestly it was so boring. I don't even remember the dialogue. Yeah, it was very similar to to the mother or whatever.
Speaker 6: How you're destroying the you're destroying the earth, like you're destroying and that comes with a cost.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah he did. He came with a cost, all right.
Speaker 1: Could die what I what I thought was funny thover, I get to it later, not fuck it.
Speaker 4: When he got slapped in the face of that damn tree.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, later on said.
Speaker 5: Look out, Oh I don't even help them up.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, you would think after all this time, you would know better.
Speaker 8: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: But so any way, so, yeah, he's going back and forth. He's gone for a long period of time. Said, every time he's coming back, you feel like, you know, his child is different. He's definitely not growing up with her. And he comes back one time and it was a wildfire and wiped out everything. So we get to the mother nature conversation. Wildfire still continue today at did y'all really think did y'all think his family, his daughter and wife was still hell.
Speaker 5: No, I did, of course course you.
Speaker 3: Did to had that hope.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 5: This motherfucker's dead as hell. These motherfuckers dead as hell. Brow though, what you mean, because you have to realize that they were sleeping and forest fire spread quick quick what nighttime?
Speaker 4: We don't know. We weren't there.
Speaker 3: He came back and she was already in golf.
Speaker 7: But people were still just now running out though he was running into people at the train station who was running the other way like the fire hit Just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're thinking about present day. They didn't have ship back then.
Speaker 3: Call nobody the news. I don't know how fire sneak up on you broke It just happened last year.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It happened ye and motherfuckers. Still, what are you talking about? It's a day's time. It's a day time.
Speaker 2: Why didn't get you don't smell smooth smell smoke that triggering you to get out of that cabin.
Speaker 5: I guess the only thing I was getting, Spike is when the whole thing burned down, they didn't see anybodies.
Speaker 3: So that's the only thing I can give Spike, I'm.
Speaker 1: With you, which is a rod that I thought that they were going to come back. I was thinking, like, Okay, if it burns really really hot, will it will the bones turned the ash.
Speaker 4: As well, like it's like when they you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think it takes a lot to happen.
Speaker 4: That's what I was wondering too. So they ain't find ship.
Speaker 1: But again, this was back in the day, so we don't know what they had because they mentioned somebody like if he was born to generate later somebody would.
Speaker 4: Have lived because of medical advancements.
Speaker 5: But he built the house on the foundation of the old house, So I'm right he built the new the new place.
Speaker 4: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: He did, but they did specifically say he never rebuilt the bedroom.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 5: So it could be that's where the bodies were. I don't know, because maybe he just didn't even want to actually face the fact that that's what happened. He wanted that hope of well, someday they're gonna come because he lived to be a why didn't they come back? The motherfucker's dead. Bro, That wasn't his damn daughter. I don't know who the fuck that was.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 3: That didn't happen? You think that wasn't real?
Speaker 5: I didn't I didn't think that when he woke up. I thought the window, Ye window was broke. How done that he put a splinter on it? He put it back in spot.
Speaker 1: I think he somehow opened the window. I think all of that was just.
Speaker 2: Your job.
Speaker 3: Because I was so confused.
Speaker 6: I was like, what, well they you know, they didn't see you didn't see him the next day, and.
Speaker 1: They have been kind of teasing like he's been hearing voices and stuff like that, he's getting older, so they still.
Speaker 3: That wasn't real. It was just in this mind playing tricks on.
Speaker 4: So you thought they were coming back, right I did.
Speaker 6: I did have hope that they were going to come back, because, like I said, we never saw any signs of life like on that on that surface. So I was just like, you just feel like they were just saw something, some bones or some type of something, but you never saw it.
Speaker 3: So I was like, maybe I might come back.
Speaker 4: I'm with you. It's I think it's typical movie writing. I was like, oh, yeah, they they're gonna come back.
Speaker 6: But that would have been was to think about it like this would have been sadisfun.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they're like that, that's really the movie they're writing. Like, I did not believe that that was the movie that they.
Speaker 1: Were writing, and that's when the movie kind of went away from me. I'm like, bro, this is really it. He just lost his family and then for the rest of it, I.
Speaker 3: Just didn't care.
Speaker 7: I was just like, damn, now did I'll say that they did get like after that, like at least even though it was boring in bad you had the family and you see the little girl grow up. But once he expressed how he felt, I was thinking the same thing as I was watching.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, if they did, what am I doing this?
Speaker 6: It's going I'm just going to see this nigga get there, bro, I don't want to see what ship.
Speaker 3: It was my exact thought that you just said. It made me remember it.
Speaker 6: I was like that, bro, it was yeah, yeah, I'm like what, yeah, what are we watching right now?
Speaker 5: Yep, we're just trying to have hope with him. I thought he was gonna happen, you know. I thought he was gonna get another family, and.
Speaker 4: That they didn't do that.
Speaker 5: Like when we met that check, I was like, okay, right, she's kind of she's kind of pretty, you know, maybe that's what happened.
Speaker 4: Nowhere. Yeah, she was just like you get over.
Speaker 3: It, y'all loft My husband too. That's why I thought there was gonna be a connection.
Speaker 5: But you went sixty something years and you had no more vagina the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: He was like a widow.
Speaker 3: I fucked that.
Speaker 5: That's why you died with them flowers all over you, because you died like a little big.
Speaker 3: But I did like how they did, like very suddenly shown the times changing.
Speaker 6: Like even when they went back to the forest, you see like a chainsaw.
Speaker 3: And he couldn't start it. Yeah, Like it was just like.
Speaker 6: Little things here and there that they were just the.
Speaker 3: Old time did. I was like, I was rude to head.
Speaker 4: They were doing that. Some labors work, bro, Yeah happened to Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Couldn't do ship.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Something's wrong with it.
Speaker 4: No, man, you're just old.
Speaker 3: Get the funk out the way.
Speaker 4: The bear didn't even bear had been.
Speaker 2: I was in real tears. I swear to God. When that bear walked up. I was like, she about to fight the bear. The bear looked off and was like you already did. I'm like trying to give him some inspiration. He's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Keep your chin up your hair like I was gyant, don't get better, but even walk slow. The bear was like wandering through.
Speaker 2: He looked up and he's like, God, damn, you lost your whole house, all your ship cold.
Speaker 3: You want to buy yourself you mightter.
Speaker 4: Be like your own humans.
Speaker 2: I was just not sad like you. He's like, fin the rain right, you know you ain't got no house. Bear was like, I'm not even gonna do you like this?
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 3: The bear played it was so hard. The bear played him so hard. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny.
Speaker 9: Crying.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: I was like that parents rude as fun the parent could have at least like slappy.
Speaker 3: Bear was like, I'm not even gonna bother with.
Speaker 1: He was was like you, he is no threat to any threats at all.
Speaker 3: It's not even gonna be ahead. You sitting up here like you go ahead, keep going little? Do you know I hate your daughter?
Speaker 9: You I hate your daughter?
Speaker 3: Your What about two.
Speaker 9: Days ago and you're waiting they ain't coming back.
Speaker 3: They ain't coming back, bro, that's you don't get your daughter coming back?
Speaker 4: Will crown.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, ship was about to get I was like about to get some revenue.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 3: That motherfucking was like not today. Oh my god, I could not have been in the theater because they had been mad. I was laughing for like six minutes.
Speaker 2: You got your you got your little fire, You got your little fire.
Speaker 3: He looked at She ain't gonna help. Bro's gouna pulled down out here. Well you're gonna You're known.
Speaker 2: We built that ship up, just gonna lady with the ship off burn, get off to work, bro, pull yourself up by the bootstraps.
Speaker 10: Got I got, I gotta cave over trying to get come to you. Bro, I got the cave over here at least to the right stuff.
Speaker 3: You little ship. You're the band playing him so hard.
Speaker 2: God damn, this.
Speaker 4: Is a sad moment. This man is just walking lighting up.
Speaker 3: He is depressed in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: In the back seat him slow ship, Bro, that was bear.
Speaker 3: Was walking so slow. Your whole family dead. I'm about to go back to my cups. You ain't got don't follow me. That would have been fun. They showed comes.
Speaker 9: And the same, God, I got it down down back.
Speaker 4: Uh he came back. He did.
Speaker 1: He basically did what uh what is it called full fuel flow? He starts driving people around their little carriage.
Speaker 3: Is the old uber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he basically was a uber. So he did that ship.
Speaker 1: He went back to the he eventually left, went back did the little locker thing. I like this, uh right, how they showed like this new people, this new generation, which is when he faced they were different.
Speaker 4: They were different. You can hear how they talked and everything.
Speaker 1: So I think I thought they did a good job of kind of showing like the generations and how they're much more aggressive, if and disrespectful to a certain degree, you know, very not sort of similar to a conversation we had when you realize the world isn't yours anymore.
Speaker 4: And that's when he realized that, and that's when he was like, I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: He did have the Native American friend, Yeah, that was he felt sorry for too.
Speaker 4: He did did yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he brought him some.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: I ain't know what I was gonna find when I came.
Speaker 3: They talked about about you. Yeah, they're saying about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They said a bear wouldn't even fuck with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, but I mean that was pretty much it. Like he just rebuilt the cabin having dreams.
Speaker 1: This is some pretentious John Glenn going to the space, which again was like he got on a plane and.
Speaker 3: That annoyed me kind of the plane.
Speaker 5: No, well, that a little bit, but it was more when he walked over and he's looking at the TV and there was that age woman.
Speaker 3: He was like, what's that guy doing. She's like, he's going to space? What the fuck You've seen the same shit I'm seeing with your dumb ass. What do you think he's doing. Yeah, but that was the first time you see something like that because he hadn't even seen a plane. By the fucking goofy ass. No plane flew over his house. He probably thought it was a.
Speaker 6: Dream too, probably, so yeah, to see somebody going into space, yeah, I can see people like, you know, because when they're saying that spaceship.
Speaker 3: Was fake, they say that ship now yeah, the moon now the moon's fake and ship yeah. But yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of with Spike this was a bit pretentious, especially because he never even tried to like get another family.
Speaker 3: It's just like, all right, dude, this would.
Speaker 5: Have worked if I have more of a sense that like that was the love of his life. But it didn't really give me anything enough to care.
Speaker 3: I never had any moment cared about this guy.
Speaker 4: I don't remember his name, Robert Grant. I never cared about old white American name.
Speaker 3: Bro never cared Robert Wright. I men she tried to come with his as she did, he said no, that's why he thought so guilty.
Speaker 7: But it didn't look like they were living like It looked like he could have made enough money in one little trip out there to do what they needed to do around.
Speaker 1: But that's that's why that's why he went back. It was because they were going to do the saw meal thing. He was trying to get this last bit of money because they went it was post World War One and it was barely any work and they were struggling. She was trying to get jobs ship like that. And to your point, Rober, she did wanted to go with him. He was like, nah, I've seen him, they'll come, they'll stay a couple of weeks in their bounce. I don't ever see him again. So you stayed here were good and we saw how that turned out.
Speaker 7: They could have made it interesting when he was doing the haul and stuff like, he could have made some interest in people there. And even in the beginning when they was explaining, like how he was part of the first group of people to make it that far west.
Speaker 3: That could have been interesting, but they an't explored none of them.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 4: Way a couple of awards because we get ready to close out.
Speaker 1: So you guys, I don't agree with the So you agree with the best Achievement in Cinematography nomination. He's not winners? Okay, Yeah for sure, ye think y'all think about that cinematography. Yeah, they did a good job with that, beautiful What.
Speaker 4: About the music? Any thoughts on the music?
Speaker 3: I don't even remember the music.
Speaker 4: I thought it fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought the music fit.
Speaker 4: You like Nick. Nick Cave did some of it.
Speaker 5: Nick Cave did this, Yeah, he did well, always does, like Western kind of kind of movies like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, music and lyrics for Original Song, Motion Picture of the Year.
Speaker 4: Hell no, these are the Oscar.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the other two movies. And we watched the Oscars, by the way, the other two movies, and we watched oh was that on there for best movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On some bullshit bro Hamlet ham ham And what was the sentimental value? Yeah, this seemed like I had the same tone as though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I get it. Yeah, what a about adapted screenplay? I don't know the.
Speaker 3: Book, Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 5: Stuff was beautiful where he just was just dead and the flowers and shit grew over him.
Speaker 3: I thought that was actually pretty cool. What's that looked beautiful? Yeah, wish they did that with the boots and yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 7: I bet the book probably good. I bet it's like a probably good. I bet it's slapped, more detailed, a lot more story.
Speaker 1: You never know, bro, But yeah, for the critics Truice Award, it did win, uh Best Cinematography, So it did win that and uh for that one. Joel Egerton got a nominee for that, uh for Best Actor, and uh yeah the rest of the other stuff. So anyway, but yeah, that's that's that's that's the movie. There's not a lot here.
Speaker 3: How did y'all feel about the black dude that came and killed the guy?
Speaker 1: I thought they were gonna do more with that, but they didn't. They didn't do anything with any of the racial elements. And here that happened. You know, he just walked up, he said, hey, he killed him based off the color of his skin. It was like, anybody got a problem with that? Let you know, because I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to look over my show. I did like that he killed my brother for the color of his skin. And if any of y'all gonna be coming aft me.
Speaker 1: Now to have a gun, so I guess you can also show we don't know in what way he killed him, was an ambush, but when other people, we just saw that when his name was called out, he was a coward and he ran and he shot him at the back too.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's yet you put this in here man anyway.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so so now I did I did like that, you know, I didn't. I didn't, you know, but they just kind of let it be.
Speaker 5: I guess it wasn't really anything that needed to explore because that guy wasn't pivotal to the story.
Speaker 4: Was just like, yeah, I feel like I've seen that actor before, the black guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't even see his face.
Speaker 4: Let the boy sound familiar.
Speaker 3: It's like a black negro me. He sounded like, yeah, was down there, jangle.
Speaker 4: But but that's it. Man, If you guys have watched this movie at all, let us know if you guys liked the movie and Jesus Christ, and we'll leave it at that.
Speaker 5: Man I'll throw this out real quick too, Like, he had another movie called The Plague and Joe Edgerton. Again, I think he's a fantastic actor, but he picked two movies that came out in the same year that were both slow and didn't really land like that.
Speaker 3: So I'm just kind of wondering what they're doing with Joe Edgerton right now. Yeah, he didn't do a bad job.
Speaker 5: No, he did a he did a great job. He was a he's a great actor. The movie itself just wasn't all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hollywood likes him well, you know, but yeah, yeah, that's what I mean. Ship.
Speaker 1: They got all these awards, so I guess it's still working for you know, but it's not it's not I don't know if it's really moving a needle, you know, for like jam pop, you know, regular people.
Speaker 4: So anyway, uh, yeah, that's all we got, man. Uh, not a lot here. So we'll catch you guys next time we are out. Peace.