Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to The Frames per Second Podcast. My name is Kennethy ch joining me on the show, Rod, Mike, and Spike. We are here discussing Marvel's the movie The Fantastic Four First Steps, a twenty twenty five American superhero film. It's based on, of course, the comics The Fantastic Four.
Speaker 2: They have three.
Speaker 1: Movies out before this one before they got into Marvel. And I actually saw that there's a nineteen ninety four version that never hit the theaters. And for the actors that was in there, I was looking at Easter eggs actually made appearances in this movie.
Speaker 2: No one would know who they are and I don't either, but it's on.
Speaker 1: YouTube and I actually started watching it, and yeah, it's definitely very nineteen ninety four ish.
Speaker 2: They also had a couple of cartoons. I've watched all of those.
Speaker 1: Two and uh, and here we are talking about Marvel's version of The Fantastic Four, which is the thirty seventh film in the MCU.
Speaker 3: And the second reboot of the Fantastic Four film series.
Speaker 2: It was directed by Matt Shackman.
Speaker 1: He did one division, did the TV show, So this is movie. Yeah, it has A Pedro, Pascal Vanessa Kirby, Evan Moss, Back Rock and Joshua Quinn along with Julia Gardner, Sarah Niles, Mark Gottisnatasha Leone, Paul Walter Houser, and Ralph Inoson.
Speaker 3: So that's where we are, so let's get some initial thoughts, Spike. It was fine.
Speaker 4: It was boring at points, like they be these characters weren't as compelling as other Marvel movies, even with what was it when we just did thunder those thunderbolts, Like some of those characters jumped off the screen. It didn't have to be a great story, but it still was like, oh wow, this cool, cool things happening. This one was like just hit dog moments, and I was like, I don't care about any of these people. And I had a question about, like how is the timing on that, Like why does it look like it's in the sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, it's a future retro sixties futuristic version of something.
Speaker 2: So Michael Jetson's yeah, basically Jackson's bro that's all that.
Speaker 3: I think. It's supposed to be in the sixties.
Speaker 5: But because of read Richard's being so smart, he built stuff that.
Speaker 3: Kind of looked like in technology. Okay, that's how I took as it confused.
Speaker 2: Me to hold on and it's Joseph Joshua by the way.
Speaker 3: Look at your watch. Yeah, I was like, what the fuck is going on? Yeah? It was it was fine.
Speaker 4: I did not have the normal bells and whistles to me as a Marvel movie that make Marvel interesting. I didn't understand how they even intertwined with the story until the mid credit role. And I have to ask you all about even who that was.
Speaker 3: So no, okay, yeah it was me.
Speaker 2: It was me, uh meant for you roight.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed this, man. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't.
Speaker 6: I wasn't amped about this movie based on a few trailers that I saw. I was like, I don't know, I don't know about this one, but nah, man, I really enjoyed this one. I was waiting for it to get bad and it just never got bad. And I'm just like, damn, this is really good, like miles better than what the initial three were. And I just didn't know how they were gonna tell the story. I just didn't know how, you know, it was gonna be set in this time. But man, I feel like they did a really good job with this movie. I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: How surprised were you, Mike.
Speaker 3: H not just kidding.
Speaker 5: I'm very happy I've been wrong about this movie. I'm very very happy to have been wrong. I was wrong about thinking that. Yeah I didn't go on like a big tie rate or anything, but I was wrong about, you know, not having expectations or not thinking it was going to be good. I was wrong about the Silver Surfer. I really enjoyed this. I thought it was really well done and it's funny. I'm exactly like Rod.
Speaker 3: The whole time.
Speaker 5: I was like, all right, well it's gonna get whack in a minute. Some bullshit's fitna happen.
Speaker 3: It was about to get trash, and that didn't happen.
Speaker 5: It happened, it ended pretty well, and I was seriously walking out of the theater being like, well, damn, I guess maybe Marble's on an upswing again. Because Thunderbolts was really good and this was really good, so I'm very happy with it.
Speaker 1: I was where a spike was the first time I watched it. I watched it twice, so I went back and watched it Saturday so I can take my notes NERD, because you know, there's a new thing I'm trying, if possible, where I'll go back and watch it with the captions and just to kind of get a second rewatch depending on the movie. But there were moments where I was like, Damn, this is good. They was like, oh man, what is going on. I think the issue for me was the first time I watched it was the pacing. But the second time I watched it, I was like, Damn, this is actually really good. It is, you know, like because I had the whole complete story. As I'm watching it, I'm kind of not really taking in the movie, but I'm like really analyzing and critiquing things instead of just kind of just going along with what was going on because I thought certain things were gonna happen and it never did. Because I hate ate eight the filter or whatever they have on it to show that like the time static to show the time like they did that well filter you mean, like I don't know what they call it, the color film or whatever they call it.
Speaker 3: Oh, to make the movie look old. Yes, Oh, I thought that was perfect.
Speaker 2: It worked for the movie.
Speaker 1: It's just bothered. It's always bothered me. It just bothered the ship out of me. I'm like, oh my god, that.
Speaker 3: Stuff typically does. But it didn't hear like I felt like it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a nice design for the film.
Speaker 1: Oh I just kept waiting for I was like, greatst what you're saying, thank you, thank you. I was like, man, I can't wait all week. Get out of this word. This time period, that's where we were.
Speaker 2: We never left. We never left.
Speaker 5: So it was kind of like different in space though when it got to to the Lactus, so.
Speaker 3: It didn't it didn't have I don't remember having that same look.
Speaker 6: Because it was probably space, okay, so yeah, but yeah, anytime it was on Earth, yeah I was.
Speaker 1: And also because I remember the first two versions of the first two movies, their version of The Fantastic Four, so I Johnny threw me off a little bit this one. Yeah, yeah, because you know, I'm just used to him being kind of wild and playboys, but they toned him down, you know, a lot, in this movie. So so yeah, it was certain expectations or things that I was looking for. But once I got out of that and and on the real I was like, damn, this that's really good.
Speaker 2: But the family loved it. They thought it was great.
Speaker 1: They enjoyed it so and a lot of people are actually so it's getting in some pretty good reviews out there.
Speaker 2: But I'm I'm with you, Spike.
Speaker 1: I think at times on my first we used watch, I was like, that's why I was talking about the Pacer like it did kind of drop off, but nevertheless, so let's let's get into it. But just for the record, I did enjoy this film. And so just real quick, just a couple of things here from Easter ads and I looked up so there are Jack Kirby Stanley nods in here. The first one is Earth eight to eight is a shout out to Jack Kirby's birthday, which was August twenty eight, so I thought that that was dope. The Celsia ship in the opening is a wink at stan Lee's catchphrase that he used to say. And if you look at the Yancey Street there are spots the shops have called Stanley's, and then King, which is a Jack King Kirby, and then of course Stanton. Then the other one I saw is there's a scene with the silver Surfer flying over Tome Square and the zoom passed office with two dudes making comics, and on the wall.
Speaker 3: Is a page from Tesla Suspend twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven was just drawn by Curry and Rit Mustan and Larry Lieber, and they're credited as Tom Lee employee number one and number two, and Timely Publication was Marvel's original name.
Speaker 2: So I thought, all that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so we opened on Earth eight twenty eight and which kind of explains why the world looks the way it looks, and Sue's storm, you know, discovers that she's pregnant, damn, and you know, in the midst of this time we didn't notice.
Speaker 2: At the time, they're celebrating like.
Speaker 1: Four to five years of being heroes on this world, and they do like a quick recap of like the origin story, so equip.
Speaker 2: Montage of how we got to where we are. How did you guys enjoy this?
Speaker 3: I thought that was really good.
Speaker 6: I know, Mike just said it, but that was one of the standout thanks to me, that they did so much in a little time to explain what the hell.
Speaker 3: I liked that they dropped us in it in the movie. Why they are already.
Speaker 6: Those people and then kind of go back, you know, the way they did it. Thought, I thought that was really really creative, the way they wrap that up, especially people that I didn't know. I don't know if you didn't, but that helps you help. Yeah, I thought that was dope. I thought it was really good the way they did that. I didn't have one question though, like what's the difference between like like the eight twenty eight Earth. I never understood that, Like, how do you know where we are in time?
Speaker 5: Based on the number they have to tell It's it's not time, it's it's a different universe universe.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Like, how do we it?
Speaker 2: Just they just tell us?
Speaker 5: So some people just know that shiit No, they always have to tell us. I feel like people be knowing, oh, this is eight twenty eight Earth.
Speaker 1: I know, after they told them, and then they just remember, right, So they're just like super nerves and just kind of remember where it's.
Speaker 3: But that's all it is. It's just they remembering that.
Speaker 5: I can't see them just pulling up the ship and not saying it's eight to eight and they be like, oh, yeah, I recognize the way the cars are the tires it's eight to eight?
Speaker 3: Nah, No, they lying? Are they only superheroes in this universe? That's how I took it, That's what Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what did you think about it? Mike said it was good.
Speaker 3: About the intro?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, I'm a rock.
Speaker 5: I thought that was a really creative way to do some exposition, and I think that a lot of movies should learn from that.
Speaker 3: It was quick and it made sense why we would be seeing this.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I thought them dropping us into the world just like Superman did, which was interesting.
Speaker 3: I think it worked. I don't need to see a full fucking backstory. We've already seen it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that will get I will remember to say it. That will get to one of my big rights for this film, but that later.
Speaker 2: How did that work for you? Spikes?
Speaker 1: You you only have seen like the mainstream, big Marvel movies. You are familiar with the Fantastic Four, correct, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Growing up, you know.
Speaker 1: Nothing about the Fantastic for you never seen the thing. You don't know everybody any stretching man.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know any of it. How do you miss? I don't know why I would have seen it, Like I just on the TV. I've never seen it cartoon. That was the first time I've ever seen No, not a lot of people would have seen it. Yeah, we're not that old, except.
Speaker 2: I'm the only of coming.
Speaker 1: With NERD that will go back and watch all they don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: But you've seen the other or you've heard at least at the other movie. I've heard of them watch. I never watched them. So yeah, this was my first time of being in this world. So, like you said, the timeline thing, it worked perfectly for me not to feel like left out of what they do or where where they come from or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: So just kind of showcasing their powers, right, yeah, all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was dope this when when this started, I was like, oh, ship, this should be good.
Speaker 2: Like I was.
Speaker 3: I was hype when you know they did the.
Speaker 1: Uh cover with the thing on the man that was yes, that it was so dope because as soon as I like, oh my.
Speaker 3: Man, that ship was dope man.
Speaker 1: And then they just ran through some of the names that you know for people that know they know. So it was definitely like fan service exposition that Mike's talking about, because like and the thing I liked is like, man, bro, we don't need to see them go through the rocket and get We don't need to see any of that ship.
Speaker 2: Like we know what happened. You know, those of us know what happened.
Speaker 1: So showing us mold man red goals, mad thinker, dropping their names, Sue Storm, becoming basically Hereri Clinton with the Future Foundation.
Speaker 2: Lat Virea.
Speaker 1: We see they were there, and you know they weren't there at the meeting. Then you already mentioned the Jets thing. I dropped that down. So I thought all of that was kind of great that they did, so that that shit was dope.
Speaker 5: But I never thought about mister fantastic fucking he ever thought about it in the first thing stretch like that. So so here's what's funny.
Speaker 1: Like, so after this movie last night, I watched all three of the I watched them, went back and watching the originals. They make a reference to that in the first one, I think, no, the second one I think somebody was it was in one of the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody one of the reporters asked, Johnny.
Speaker 3: Is that stretch? Yeah, I think I do remember.
Speaker 2: That, And it was like, well, you know, I've always known to be.
Speaker 3: A little limp you lying that didn't happen. I promise you. You're a liar, promise, I promise you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I wanted to compare like how the actress portrayed this version of the Fantastic Four compared to the original.
Speaker 5: But I only thought it because like when they were talking about getting pregnant and he was like, oh, we had just been trying or something like two years, two years, and she says something like, well, the trying wasn't a problem something like that. She made some reference to fuck it, and I was like, oh, I bet he's like mister Fantastic and bed too. That's a dope ast power from across the room.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If mister Fantastic was Black Spike, that ship would be craze.
Speaker 1: I imagine the role playing. Now you gotta five me too. I'm gonna be a physic.
Speaker 3: He was swinging it everywhere. It's just the game with Oh that's crazy, oh man, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, man, so so yeah, so we're back and has to walk out and say that was a bit of grand dozzing, which I thought was kind of cute. It's funny saying that because acknowledging what happened. But yeah, so they break the news to the family because they were.
Speaker 5: Acting weird, you know, I mean, they didn't break it Grim act just accidentally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 3: I liked it and I like him too. That was perfect. He was good. He was my biggest doubt, I know. Yeah, yeah, no, but he was great.
Speaker 6: He was really It's the best they've done Grim Like just from the look to the emotion all of that. It's just like, I've never been that connected to him into other movies, but this this one, they made him like, I don't know, he was just you could connect to him a little bit.
Speaker 3: More like Voce was perfect for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what I like is that he wasn't grumpy yet, right, Yeah, he wasn't depressed hilf. Yeah, And I think that gives them room to do it later because that is a version of being that, you know, for those that read the comics, No, like he just it's it's it's tough on him because he's the only one that came out like that. So you get to see him kind of just happy and upbeat and being with the family. I like the way they did the relationship between Johnny and the thing because.
Speaker 2: They are like brothers, you know. But it wasn't super over the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was pretty smart. I thought that was pretty smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so y'all didn't pick up like Dan at any point, did y'all think y'all were watching.
Speaker 3: Richie Only when the kitchen part came?
Speaker 5: Okay, I was like, Oh, that's that's not kind of cool that y'all made a Michelle right.
Speaker 2: I like that? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: No Other than that new No, he's a goodass actor. Yeah he is. Because I was just thinking about what you said. It never crossed my mind.
Speaker 4: Like Richie, he played this role so well it was like there was no cross so you could tell even like his tone voice was totally different from Richie and the bar.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did a good job. Yeah, great job.
Speaker 1: While we're talking about actors, what y'all think about let's like Vanessa Kirby'll familiar.
Speaker 3: With her, you've seen her something I can't remember.
Speaker 5: I feel like i'd be for like, hot second, I'll be thinking everybody Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: Snow word luck only in the trailer. At first, I was like, Oh, they got Sidney Swing. That's cool. But no, I don't know who she is. I've never seen her before, never heard of her.
Speaker 6: She was good a woman that came out twenty.
Speaker 3: Really this Rember that it was on Netflix for a while.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I do you think she did? I thought she was cool.
Speaker 6: That's one of the things that I think what made the movie good, that the actors came and did their thing. Like Joe Pascal, like the guy that we know that played a Johnny Storm, he played in he was in things, yeah, Stranger Things, and the other one that we didn't realize he was in except you you knew he was but quiet place and I was just like, damn, Like this dude is really talented. So I think that's really what made this movie good, Like like the actors really showed up, and so yeah, her included.
Speaker 3: Like I really liked the way everyone played you guys, like Pedro Pascal's version of I did Richard, I really did, I really did. He felt like a he felt like an.
Speaker 6: Older, mature guy versus the other ones just felt like a little hokey and like, I don't know that forced.
Speaker 3: He felt perfect for some reason.
Speaker 5: He just felt like I don't know, like I don't know, he felt like him to me, I just got to call this.
Speaker 3: Out real quick, just because it's fucking funny. Do you realize what you called him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you called him Joel Pascal. Joe, I said, Joe, you said Joel, I said, Joe.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: I think about it. Do you realize your brain your brain is doing something whil you don't even know it. Joel, you called it.
Speaker 5: And not even think about it until read it like Joel Pascal, And I was like, is that what I said?
Speaker 3: Man? You know what he meant? And I thought about it.
Speaker 5: Your brain just did some like yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It took me a minute to like to settle into him because it's like, well, I'll get into it later. Why I think he was acting the way he did because I'm like three Riches was, well, we'll get into it anyway, let's just do he was, and I was, yeah, but I think that was a reason for that. But anyway, so they break the news of them being pregnant or they got caught, and you know, during this time, we.
Speaker 2: See a couple of things happened.
Speaker 1: We see Red doing reed stuff, scanning the baby because he was concerned about the baby coming out with powers.
Speaker 2: We learned that Johnny wants to go back to space.
Speaker 1: Uh, you find out that Reed's not building the crib because he says anybody could build a crib, not doing daddy things. We see things in the world, playing around with the kids, and introduced to I guess somebody that he likes named Rachel.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what Rachel's from from?
Speaker 3: I know leone Poker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then of course, you know he was harassed about the clopper and time thing which came back around like he was kind of useless suff you know, because but.
Speaker 3: So I was wondering if she was part of a cult. Yeah, it's called.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 3: No, it was just a Christian group. Like that looked like a little look.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that like a little pentagon star or something on the building was there?
Speaker 3: And I missed it. I thought she was just like a I thought she was like a your Christian.
Speaker 1: She was, but I thought that looked like there was like a star or something.
Speaker 3: That maybe Jewish? Is she Jewish? Maybe Jewish? Oh, I wasn't making a joke about them. I'll with Christians. I didn't realize she was Jewish. If she was if she.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I guess that makes sense because the thing is supposed to be Jewish in the comics.
Speaker 2: Remember, Oh, okay, okay, I guess that would make sense.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that. You're talking about the Star of David. You saw, That's what I was asking. But I didn't like that star.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, that's weird.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I was about to say. What is said the thing?
Speaker 2: So it's Jewish?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they're saying that Jewish in the chat that's saying it was Well, somebody said it was a they went into synagogue, you say, Tomato, No, I did not.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what a synagogue, all right. I thought it was the church, you know, regular church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know. So that's what I asked.
Speaker 3: Don't get me bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get called antrust medic and everything.
Speaker 3: Now. No, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Anything about like kind of them kind of showing up, showing them around the world, kind of stick out to you guys, anything, stick out to you, Mike about this.
Speaker 3: About showing the world. Like the cars. I think the cars looked fucking cool.
Speaker 5: I like how they had the car that could fly and ship, But I liked the cars, the little bubbles over the top. I just really think that they did the sixties futurism thing. I just think they nailed They absolutely nailed it.
Speaker 3: You remind me of watching the Jetsons, Like, yeah, they had the little robot. Well, I don't know who the fuck he.
Speaker 1: Is Herbie that's from the restaurant of Car Toon. I can't remember if he was in a comic, but definitely in.
Speaker 2: The Car to what I believe.
Speaker 3: I liked him. He was a cute little archid two kind of little thing.
Speaker 2: It was, which explained like why is Herbie and this ship? I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: That's why I had an issue like concerns about the movie. It was the same thing I had with Crypto Crypto, like what.
Speaker 3: The is he in the show?
Speaker 5: Like Man and Crypto was tight too, so and Herbie worked and I thought it worked.
Speaker 3: The design was really dope.
Speaker 5: To the fact that his eyes were real reels, I thought that was just really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't get the bar really cool. I thought it was really said real real and then really cool. No. I was not.
Speaker 1: Spike and Ride so before like any anything, stick out to you guys as we kind of see the fantastic for go through that daily life before the Silver Serve first shows up. Anything kind of stick out to you guys at.
Speaker 3: All for their daily life. I thought it was interesting that Johnny Storm was playing records because we didn't. We didn't. I still don't think.
Speaker 6: I think I know why he was playing records randomly recording.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing. When why was he playing in them? Recording? Because that's what I didn't understand, because he was getting them from Reed because Reed said that there was a something was reaching out to them from the universe, and he was recording them and Johnny was trying to figure out what and who it was.
Speaker 5: So so just recording. Wait, yea was recording sticking his side. He wasn't didn't care.
Speaker 3: He was too busy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had to much stuff going on and Johnny was the only one to because Reed is always doing exactly yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because remember he wanted them to finish building the suit.
Speaker 1: He never will build a suit because he had the two fifteen media and to go well, so a lot of other ship.
Speaker 2: And nowI that you get throw a baby in the world.
Speaker 1: Beat it reader is definitely preoccupied, which leads him to baby Proof in the World, which was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, damn, that was some iron manh Yeah, I thought that was dope.
Speaker 1: And then they do some other name drops of puppet Master, Wizard and Diabolo and somebody else I can't remember, but that then last long by mm hmmm, because uh, there was the rival of a mysterious looking ten full woman.
Speaker 3: Is that what they called her?
Speaker 6: They called her something else on the They called her aluminum or something like that on the On the news, they didn't say silver.
Speaker 3: They called her alum, right, I thought that was I don't think she has a name.
Speaker 2: The Herald is what they call her. That's it. She's not known as the Silver Surfer.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's how they're fixing it, or not fixing it, but that's how they're trying.
Speaker 3: She's supposed to be the Silver Surfer. Choice.
Speaker 5: It's probably somebody like the Silver Surfer, somebody before the Civil Surfer or something that we know of.
Speaker 3: Possibly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there there is a Shallow Ball. What that was her real name?
Speaker 3: Uh, shallow Ball.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was an interesting choice, not going with Norman Rat and I think they may use bring normal ride later to the show because but we'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean ship, she showed up, motherfucker rod.
Speaker 6: She was dope though, like, like I know, people was like, like you the uproar about it, but she showed up that ship was she killed it?
Speaker 3: Like, I was like, damn. She was just like look say say say yo, goodbye your loved ones, hug him. That was crazy. I was like, God, this ship. Oh damn yeah, right, like you can't stop it. It's going to happen. Yeah, God, it was so dopey.
Speaker 4: I was wondering because I seen the back last but I never really dived into it that she was getting for being in this role. But I thought, like you said, from the moment that she showed up, she did a good job.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I think she was niggad.
Speaker 3: I was wondering. Did cross my mind? I was.
Speaker 1: It was interesting that they explained that though, I think yeah said it was stellar polymer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just explain the backlash real quick.
Speaker 5: It's just because they think that Marble is woke now, so they keep inserting women into things.
Speaker 3: This character is supposed to be the man. Yeah, this character is a guy. I think they were just like, oh, here we go? Is them she you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which, why y'all care?
Speaker 2: Bro dido job.
Speaker 5: Ninety of heroes are men in this universe. Why y'all give a fuck about a floating woman on a surfboard?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And who never mind?
Speaker 6: I say it to a certain degree how we say about black characters, like just make a black character. We don't want to blame Superman or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I didn't complain about having a black nick Fury.
Speaker 5: I just think it's whack when they give us someone black and then they make them all corny and lame like Nigga Bird.
Speaker 1: And there was a female silver surfer, So it's just yeah, it's just like so there, yeah, just there.
Speaker 2: You can find a picture of it. So so it happened.
Speaker 1: It's just the one that we know the most that was silver the longest or all the time is of course. Uh yeah, yeah, so that's a female version right there.
Speaker 3: I can't see I believe anyway, got some big old silver things. It was so wack how they used to do women back in the day, and these comic books man to shape like that, all of them.
Speaker 5: How many white women you know are shaped like that silver surfer was black?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: But come on, y'all, and I'm even shitting on white people or anything like that, but y'all are some horny motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how y'all think Julia did?
Speaker 3: Julia? She was good? She was good? Was Did y'all know it was her from Ozark?
Speaker 5: I mean I knew but before I couldn't have, but I knew she was playing her.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it from the from the trailer. I didn't know that was her until after.
Speaker 2: But she was.
Speaker 3: She was really good. Yeah, she was. It was good to see.
Speaker 5: I've only seen her in a few things like that, and there was a movie I saw where she was like a cannibal family.
Speaker 3: But no, she was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, I agree. But anyway, yeah, she she basically lets you know that Earth is marked for death and we'll be consumed by the devour known as Galactus. Was played by Ralph Inoson, who was in Green Knight and other stuff.
Speaker 3: We reviewed Green Knight. He was a dad in The Witch. I know he was in Green Knight.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, looked Ralph Inoson. I don't know what actor he played in Green Knight.
Speaker 7: Probably you you and today I have lost you don't know an actor he played character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you anyway, man, he was.
Speaker 6: Him, I mean directler in Toronto. If any played into.
Speaker 5: No, he was he. I'm pretty sure he was the dad in the Witch. I don't know what he was outside of that, but he was definitely not nos Ratu.
Speaker 3: Nos Rocho was a star.
Speaker 2: Stuard.
Speaker 8: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast where pressing play today taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you were like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you were just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and Ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gained access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feet, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so anyway, so yeah, so that's what I'm looking at, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I believe you too.
Speaker 1: Goddamn well, she took off and Johnny flew his little ares up there.
Speaker 6: Which I thought was dope. He was he wasn't hesitant. I like the fact that he just was. I liked him in this movie.
Speaker 3: Hoad. I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: He grabbed that board man and she turned around and looked at.
Speaker 1: Him and said, Zince speaks, spoke z in lobbying to him and kicked his asd off.
Speaker 2: The goddamn am I the only one.
Speaker 5: That bust out life when when she did that ship when he grabbed the surfboard, he held it permitted.
Speaker 3: She said, I don't know what it was about that. I hollered. I didn't laugh. I don't know why I found that so fucking funny. But the fact that she just kind of popped up and just looked at his ass. I was in tears. She was like the nerve of this tears.
Speaker 9: Grab my boy, just told you your entire planet's beitting to die. Bring your little fiery ass up here and touch my surfboard, would you?
Speaker 3: They owned me.
Speaker 4: In the preview, they made it look like Johnny died right there, like that.
Speaker 5: Man looked like this scene was beautiful, the steel shot they had when he grabbed it, and like, yeah that the sunset or some shp.
Speaker 3: It was super dope the way look. I was like, damn. And then she comes to that ship slowly, like the fuck. I was surprised. That's like, why would they show this in the preview one of the main characters that I was glad that he didn't right there.
Speaker 6: I like that he you know, he didn't hesitate though. Yeah, And I'm like that they didn't back down.
Speaker 3: It's like, nah, this ain't happening, talking about were about to die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was some privilege for your ass, Like real, bro, yeah, die, he's gonna die you in the wrong universe.
Speaker 3: Sure, ship, it's like take a while, probably white here, okay, like all white right ship? So yeah, so back on. Of course, everybody's freaking the funk out.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Johnny Uh discovered that the records that he had from earlier that you were talking about. Rod has the same language that she spoke, and he has twenty three of them, and this is what you.
Speaker 2: Guys are talking about.
Speaker 1: So they decided they're just gonna take the go out of space and go talk Holli glactus.
Speaker 2: So this was their idea. Yeah, but it.
Speaker 5: Sounds like Rod said, it sounds like some white people. I'm gonna go talk to your manager who's silver.
Speaker 10: I'm I don't want to talk to your man.
Speaker 3: Let take me to him. She's like, I just told y'all, I'm not just thinking what she said. What she got this like, I don't even know why y'all came.
Speaker 2: The people. You shouldn't come. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Ultimate white? That's the first thing I thought. That's not just some white people like.
Speaker 10: Your whole planets. Time to go up there and talk to them because something's wrong here. You got another thing, pumpy buck. All right, No, I don't know where you thought.
Speaker 3: Take me to your manager. Earth got Earth. I don't know where you showed up to. It's not Saturday. Stop mark this Earth. Come up here. You're alluminum thinking somebody a little a little flashy suit on right. They were like they were talking to that packet out my face to a woman you think they're talking to, and maybe a woman of color. I don't know. I don't know what this is. That shiny ship.
Speaker 5: You gotta be black on all that shiny ship bling.
Speaker 3: The slag surfing coming, bring your chrome surfboard. Lost your damn mind talking. You know, they was having it, not at all. They was not having it. They didn't flitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh so, yeah, it's cooking more of an art than a science because they had this conversation where Reid was in spent a lot of time opening in this movie.
Speaker 2: So this is one of the things.
Speaker 4: So you're not that smart. Yeah, I don't even know how to cook. I wondered about that. I think it leans more to being an art than a science. I watched a lot of cookie shows, like there's a lot of science that goes into it. But and even knowing chefs, there was like sometimes you just throw ship together to make and then it comes like an artist would say, and then it comes out driving on the other end, Like my mom's husband said that to me before.
Speaker 1: Anyway, right, man, they show up, they go all that galactics and as soon as they get there, man, they see a planet just destroyed.
Speaker 2: And now they're trying to get up out of there, like oh.
Speaker 5: She's like oh oh, like she was there and it was gone. She was over here and that one left too.
Speaker 1: Like they was like, oh, ship, it is real, and they tried to leave. Attractor being was like nope. So Alumna woman shows up takes them the Galactus of course, doing this old trip, Johnny decides to use up all his oxygen to go charm Uh the Silver Sister, and when she tells him she said, what I told you was died with yours. He was like, well, ship, and then he asked him for a surfboard body.
Speaker 3: Yeah he really redo the suits or was it like just him fucking with He didn't because didn't he make mention and not redoing the suits when he told his wife, I know he redid the suit because Johnny could flame up on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it uses oxygen like crazy because of course it needs it, right.
Speaker 3: That was actually pretty smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 1: Was down to like ten percent flying around like a fool. But we meet got Actus bro Uh and he tells the story of how he was once a regular guy but evolved into that over time, he scans them and Sue and he tells them. He said, you give me your baby and I'll spell your word. Because at first he showed it was like you know, they were like, oh, yeah, you can't bad from Mercy.
Speaker 2: She was like, well they have the baby, then what y'all think about Galactus?
Speaker 4: The way they showed the scale of it was fire like when he stood up, or they showed how big he was and how like minuscule that they looked in his eyes.
Speaker 2: I thought that was really good.
Speaker 4: I was interested in the baby part too, and what he thought was going on at that point. Of course, they gave us the answers later, but I don't know. I think it may have been a fair ask too. But ain't nobody giving up their kids? So I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's because we thought right he had a normal baby. He was like, nah, he just didn't letting you know he ain't normal. He hot nature from you. He said, nah, yeah he's different. But Mike, I saw a face. What you think about colects?
Speaker 3: My face was like this shit man.
Speaker 5: The first thing that popped in my mind was why can't y'all do this with Unicron?
Speaker 3: The first thing that came in my mind.
Speaker 5: He looked so dope, and when he fucking stood up, I was like things were chance from I was like, oh, it's Unicron. This is like a really dope version of Unicorn. But nah, man, I don't know why the other movies were afraid to do this. He looked great, He looked fucking great. He didn't look corny, didn't look cheesy, didn't look silly. He stood up and I was immediately like, oh no, I think it show up later. Actually, But when they showed him, I was like, oh, yeah, he's gonna be fuck with. But when he said give me that baby once again, there's some white privilege shit.
Speaker 3: She was I'm not giving you my baby to save an entire save the world. What are you talking. This is my baby and he's not even born yet. It's like, dude, just pretend it's an abortion. It's not that big of a deal. You can have another one. You got stretched dick husband at the house, Just have another one, but to take it two more years.
Speaker 5: But what's the point of trying to have another one if your whole earth is gone?
Speaker 3: I was like, this is crazy. It really should have been a simple ass.
Speaker 5: It really should have been an okay, sure take it, like what the fuck? Oh that's all because they didn't know that the baby had powers, and shit, I don't think they did.
Speaker 3: They thought they were pretty sure that he did because they'd.
Speaker 5: Been staying for I know, Galactus says that the baby has powers. I can't remember if it was this scene or a later one, but regardless, I was just like, but it didn't. It didn't seem unfathomable that they would say it, which is why I think this movie did really well. It wasn't like I was like, oh, that was stupid. Why the funk doesn't make any sense. It was more so me being like the humans on Earth being like, that's fucked up. Why wouldn't you just give the baby? So I think it created a really interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: They would have had to put you out of their priss conference would have been like, I'm taking that fucking baby, bro. That's what a lot of people were saying.
Speaker 1: Using a baby to kind of raise the stakes and to create that dilemma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was was really good.
Speaker 1: And you know, he also said that Franklin will become him in the future and uh. And when they was like, nah, we're not giving you our child, and I'm like, bro, like he could just really just fuck y'all up, right now, take like what are y'all talking about?
Speaker 3: Give him the fucking baby, dude.
Speaker 1: But when they said no, Rod, he said, I would eat the planet slow while the baby.
Speaker 3: Watches the hardest barting man?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Did s would remake the right choice? Because we parents here, what would you have?
Speaker 5: Well? I did like before we got here, how how she revealed the baby in the stomach because she can the visibility thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, But like I like that. That was super cool for lack this. I thought he looked dope.
Speaker 6: I also liked that he was in the in the I don't know what you call it, what he was attached to, but because I always had this idea that he eats the planets or whatever. So it's cool to see that he has a device that would probably eat the planet, and he's a part of the device.
Speaker 3: That he has become detached from it. I don't think I always I don't think I know that. I don't know if that was it was a spaceship. He said it was a spaceship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I guess the spaceship is what actually eats. Remember, they said it was just a guy in the ship. They didn't know it was like a huge ass guy and the ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah wait wait wait wait wait I thought I thought the spaceship just assisted him in eating the plant. So how does that happen though, because he's on so big, he's he's inside it, like you just gonna start at the ground and start eating it up. Yeah yeah, I mean because they said he is the devour, not that the plant, not that the ship is the devour.
Speaker 2: But you're right, the ship helps him eat the planet, right, Yeah, I don't know how you.
Speaker 3: Were saying that the ship eats the planet. Well that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It feeds off of it, and like the ship would assistance planet feeds off of it because that's why it's attached to. So I liked that they were able to depict that because I was always trying to make sense of that ship when they say the lactice eat planets.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, how, like yeah right.
Speaker 5: So I did like the fact that they had this big ass ship that would devour a plant and they're like feeding to you like an aubilical.
Speaker 3: There you go. So that was really dope. That was really dope the kid.
Speaker 6: I thought it was good storytelling because you can see the dilima there. I know we're joking about it, but yeah, it's like, yeah, it's your child, you know what I'm saying. Like, I mean, it's like and then and then, like especially you've been trying to have a child for multiple years, you also feel that the child is gonna be great at some point, like you just you know, and the mother's attachment to a child, like it is undeniable, like you know what I mean. Like, so it's it's not an easy thing like okay, sure, here you go. No, it's not gonna happen. It's almost like the Mama Bearer concept where Mama Bear would fight, you know, basically to death for the child.
Speaker 5: So let me have been the thing. Let me have been the thing. I'm knocking read the funk out. I'm like, bro, take this baby dog.
Speaker 3: Well you know he was attached to but you know, my wife asked me to watching.
Speaker 1: We were like, would you have done it? I was like no, I said, we just went a way back to Earth. No, bro, we ain't gotta go back, Mike. We got the ship, Bro, we can go where we won't. Yeah, but he but he still knows where Earth is at.
Speaker 2: That's Earth problem.
Speaker 5: Oh you said you're not going back we're Earth. I thought you said you're just going back to Earth. I thought they were gonna do that. I really I thought that's where we're gonna get that scene from Thunderbolt.
Speaker 3: I thought they were gonna take the kid and be like, look my bad dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was a yeah.
Speaker 1: All of this in the net scene, which is crazy because Johnny crazy ass went up and decided to attack the lactis and we have this whole action sequence and.
Speaker 3: He gave him a little bit of business. Though. I was like, was that lava that he was making?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It looked liquidy, like it didn't look like just fire.
Speaker 2: But what did y'all think about?
Speaker 1: Like all of this, we can go from when he attack a lactics to similar server trying to escape to the ship scene, like everything.
Speaker 4: I made that really cool because I'll be quick being part of her outfit.
Speaker 3: And then how she like used the surfboard throughout the movie. I thought that was really dope how she did that and how they played it. Who would have a surfboard? It didn't even look cool.
Speaker 4: But when she he was actually in it when surfing the earth and different things it made. It made so much.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, that's cool. So yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the whole scene with the shift, how they figured it out the month time past.
Speaker 3: All that was great.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna comment on the lava part to your point about those things being feeding tubes. I guess you can kind of look at it like bile, like stomach ascids. I mean, he has to break the planet down somehow, right. They called it like a smoothie blender, is how they call it. I think, I like my little bit that's more like stomach acid. But this ship had me hype. This whole sequence. I was like, this is fucking dope. The way she was surfing after them, the whole action sequence of them finally.
Speaker 3: Like trying to get away.
Speaker 5: It's like, this is what thirty forty minutes into the film maybe, and we hadn't really seen them.
Speaker 3: Do much, which that's another gripe I'll get you later.
Speaker 5: But I was like, oh, we're finally seeing mister Fantastic do some stretchy shit. We're finally seeing the thing doing something about you know, you know, showing how strong he is. I love this whole part because the fact that Galactus, which I assume he induced her pregnancy, right, it wasn't a coincidence that she's winning the labor.
Speaker 3: I was like, Glady, this is an evil motherfucker's like, you're not gonna give me the baby. I'm just gonna take you. I'm gonna take.
Speaker 5: The situation right, Let's go ahead. If you think that is a discussion, I'm glatys. But Nah, this whole scene, them running back to the ship, her.
Speaker 3: Going it was just all so good.
Speaker 6: Like even when she the silver Surfer tried to grab out of the stomach, Oh damn. Yeah, yeah, that she was like like gasp while she about to ground a gasp.
Speaker 3: I did. It was so close it was.
Speaker 2: He took off right on the time.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The whole birthing scene ship that was really good too.
Speaker 4: Like up back of what would read and her being snarky still and like that was good.
Speaker 3: They did well.
Speaker 5: But I thought it was a little weird when they when she finally kicked that little baby.
Speaker 2: Out the taller hands.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 5: I was looking at Ben Grimm's face because he was down between her legs and just grinning.
Speaker 3: I was just like dog. This is weird, man, Why you why so? She was? She was. She was back to being visible. She probably made that part invisible. I don't know how you do that. She was he was. He was smiling a little bit too much. Sniff for the first time.
Speaker 5: N I'm sure it's been a mists. He's seen something, Spike. He a big rock monster.
Speaker 3: Women ain't just running to just show him some goods.
Speaker 2: That was a big baby hand though.
Speaker 3: I was like, I didn't notice how big they hands were. Yeah, their hands, their feet like that puppies crazy bro.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all this ship was doing about and once again I was like, I was hype bro. I was like, they did the fucking surfer right. They did that, motherfucker were like it was a problem, just maazing.
Speaker 2: In through ship, bro, swerving through ship like that.
Speaker 3: So much better than the other ones.
Speaker 5: Man the way the other one was just like going through the surfboard and just looked like theator.
Speaker 3: Two things this one was how you do it?
Speaker 1: And when when Sue took because she came through the wall and smacked Ben because Johnny Ass ran out of oxygen, smack Ben and Johnny Ass up against the wall.
Speaker 2: Read on the fucking ground and Sue.
Speaker 1: Took bak that motherfucker against the wall and threw that motherfucking the damn lava and they were out on the ship.
Speaker 3: And gone, like they are gone. He was like jump.
Speaker 2: She was like, where the fuck jump anywhere? Motherfucker like you.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, this is ain't gonna get out of this planet and we're gonna go to present day.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen.
Speaker 1: I said, what the fuck is going on then? And spend then the time dilution that he explaining later. I was like, Okay, so they're gonna get back to Earth and everything's gonna be changed.
Speaker 2: All that ship is going through my head stead of watching the movie.
Speaker 1: Was this when Johnny was in the Little the Little cock when the when the bean was bending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that was clearly and y'all can say I'm reaching if you want to. That was clearly a reference to Luke in the cockpit of the Millennium Falk.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that is really fucking dope. That's really dope. That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like the bend the world has been in the Bea.
Speaker 3: That was crazy. Oh my god, man, this ship was so good. That whole scene was so good. I said like, I was just waiting for her to get bad and he just never did.
Speaker 1: Bro when they thought they they said, oh yeah, they said, well when they when they jumped, and oh yeah, we lost her.
Speaker 2: That motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Don't call her a comeback.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, god, damn, Like no, she's still like what the fuck I gotta say?
Speaker 3: This is when I'm like, read what you're fucking worthless?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: Something?
Speaker 1: Motherfucker he ain't doing ship man And they were like read, we need to answer read and like, Harry, I'll read. And it was like then of course you got to do point eighty eight and swing shot around.
Speaker 2: Like and then that's when it came up with the time dilution thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because what are you doing like two things at once? Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So's Ben Grimm just saw his wife's vagina like that. He's probably all got all kinds of things in his head.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to see that like that. With the baby coming out, we've seen that. What was it class? What was the difference in the read? The child are talking about them?
Speaker 1: Read is like really smart, but this is like I think there's a reason why we didn't get to see like the super nerdy part of Reed.
Speaker 4: And I think being the first time that I've seen it, that's that's mainly what I definitely.
Speaker 3: I'm a little bit with Ken.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a read that's this like just somber and just I don't know. I think I just was expecting more of a super dorky read. But I really like this read though.
Speaker 3: So I'm not shipping. You know why that work for me? They explained it when she was like, you're thinking all the bad things, Like I have to think all the life that was so good. I always all the things so I can make sure they do I think, And.
Speaker 1: I guess I think part of it when I started to really think about it, is like.
Speaker 2: The uncertainty of being a parent. You know that fucks you.
Speaker 1: Here's the smartest man, one of the smartest genius and here's the thing that he doesn't know about.
Speaker 5: Yeah that and it's just that's just somebody that's always in their head like like that. That's how he came off to me, like he just like always thinking about different ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I would think somebody like that would be very like nonchalant or just like I don't know, just not having much emotion, you know.
Speaker 3: Like it makes sense. This wasn't what I was expecting how to read, but it does make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this was a variable that you like, you know, most of these guys, they solve problems. Yeah, the baby hit it nature from him and there was even a conversation where he was like, I'm just gonna let you show me who you are, Like what you have to do as a parent. You can't make the child who you want them to be. You gotta let them show you who they are and then you embrace them for that. So there are a lot of unknowns that come with it. But so it took me a while to kind of like maybe and maybe I'm shooting him ball. But I was like, what the fuck is up with Red? But you guys are talking about the press conference? Right, this would get another part of read. They were like because they got bat like, Hey, so how you defeat the defeat la?
Speaker 3: I would have told him ship me bro Yeah. Man, the latter was a hard fight, man like battling. Enough broke So here, y'all good, it's over with.
Speaker 5: It's gonna raise. I don't talk in movies. I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he wanted our baby. What are you doing? Why would you tell them that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was like, why did you tell him?
Speaker 5: But it's read he's just too honest then you you know, dumb motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You he said, how do we being gren was like, yeah, we ain't beat him.
Speaker 3: And yet that's what that would have been me. How these motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: You mean you didn't defeat him? And then it was like, yeah, he asked for too high a price and then he talked about the price are like top front?
Speaker 3: That ain't that? Dude was funny. That reporter was funny, like what do you.
Speaker 2: Give it that baby?
Speaker 3: Bro? They were they were hot.
Speaker 2: They just couldn't believe that you said, no, it's like one child, Like it's a child, bro?
Speaker 3: What are you doing right? And it was cool hearing the murmurs of like, you know, basically like yeah, I made it really get the baby up? No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I was an aadist, I have rushed that state. You're gonna have to stretch you on me before I kidnap me. I'm taking that baby, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, but you know, we get a little bit more of bad.
Speaker 1: It's not a lot but Charla Bell go back to Galactus and who tells her basically frank would be the one to absorb enough of its uh hunger so he can rest, and uh Sharlah had the nerves to try to be like but he's just a child. He snatched like you don't get my goddamn it, and she fell back in line. So this is well, I'm saying, like read, bro, So they get back. They red got the answer and everything. So they said, like, I read what you got? Was like, I ain't got nothing, I ain't got ship, nothing, got nothing. You man, y'all figured out? He said, all I know is he predates Earth and he wants Franklin success.
Speaker 3: So that's all I got. Something about fucking Archimedes and all.
Speaker 2: Level, that's all I got.
Speaker 5: What y'all got, I don't know what that Archimedes spoon or some ship.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, so he kind of like the terrible things and then you know there's a lot of like this is where the movie kind of slowed down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But rethinking terrible thing, he was like and just talking.
Speaker 1: He was like, yes, mathematical is ethical and it's available, and bro, what the are you talking about.
Speaker 3: What he meant? God damn, you know what he means?
Speaker 2: Why he was right though?
Speaker 3: He was one hundred percent right, and you know, y you asked left, but you know he's right. You know he's right. He didn't say I'm gonna do it. He just said the facts.
Speaker 2: Man, Would you said that allow?
Speaker 3: Right? Who's one?
Speaker 1: What part when it said mathematical available? I mean probably not. I would have kept that to myself.
Speaker 3: And he's like, you know, I'm not saying you know, he was like, maybe he strikes type. He doesn't keep things to himself. He just says out loud, and I'm like that too.
Speaker 6: But I have over the years learned how to through therapy, like I don't have to say everything and I'm thinking or whatever.
Speaker 3: And that's just one of those moments where you just teach me, who it a mentor?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So I learned it from a therapist because I'm yeah, because I always see it about just being open and honest without you know what I'm saying, But that can be detrimental to relationships.
Speaker 2: How much of a bullshit was that speech to gave to people?
Speaker 3: A big pile? I tuned her out, like, yeah, It was bold.
Speaker 6: It was bold because somebody said, why did you go out there in the middle, because she could just turn away.
Speaker 5: And she probably knew she could hold them off because she got them apart.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, it was bold. Like I don't think it helped though, right, It just it united.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it was the trigger for Reed to get the idea to fucking move the earth. Yeah, yeah, having it was insane. I didn't mentioned it earlier because I was gonna talk about it now. When they moved the egg that came back around, it's like, oh, yeah, we're just gonna move the Like what.
Speaker 2: Bro, You're gonna move the fucking earth? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 5: I saw somebody saying that Reid didn't really do much. That was like cooler impressive. I'm like, bro, this dude came up with the whole idea to move the earth to another what do you mean? And when that didn't work, we'll get there obviously. But when that didn't work, he figured out something else.
Speaker 3: Not read he was doing this thing. I hate my boy.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think he was burning by being a father and somebody asking to have your child and he came up.
Speaker 5: With all those solutions, every single one that ended up saving them, the one that you executed it.
Speaker 3: But it was Reed's idea. No, I know, but I think he didn't.
Speaker 1: He said, I ain't got ship y'all that time in the whole movie, right like he Like they even did a great job at the montage showing like this damn to Reed's planet he built.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just about to say that the technology in the planet, like he well, I don't know if it's the planet, but I know like where they were.
Speaker 3: He basically built technology.
Speaker 2: Think it was a good plan to move the Earth.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it would have worked had the Silver Hater what you call it, some her sister, hil HER's sister had to showed back up.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: That ship was crazy, bro, because even before she showed up, you got the g Colt the Galactost.
Speaker 2: Want to go to some mountain.
Speaker 5: I love that ship too. That's realistic as fuck. I couldn't believe that she just came in and just wrecked this. They spent all that time building this.
Speaker 6: Ship, Like it's like the world united to create these things.
Speaker 1: They built the fastest space bridge in the world, our bro.
Speaker 3: Because they put so much emphasis on it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm like, I'll put all this empatis on it just to destroy it like that. That's what made this movie did was because we're thinking, Oh, I mean, I knew glac was gonna get there at some point because I saw the trailer, but I did not know that that's how this was going to go down. I thought they were gonna move to Earth and Glactics was just gonna find them. But I did not expect her to just show up after they spent all that time practicing, trying things out, talking to.
Speaker 1: The world powers curfew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there is nothing. Yeah, just said that they could serve energy world wide. You can't do ship worldwide. The motherfuckers conserve energy worldwide.
Speaker 3: Have to grow a beer bro. Silver Surfer came through and was like little plan right, small your legs over.
Speaker 1: It, won't like because I know y'all thought we was doing this.
Speaker 10: Lot, like look at it, look at it.
Speaker 3: That's a good little plan. Okay with the almost done.
Speaker 11: So bro so cold cold the whole movie easily because you knew what we were doing.
Speaker 5: Force look work sand castle does, knock your little sand castles over. I was like, Silver Surfer is Johnny was like, let me go try to talk to her. No, y'all can't talk no more. You fight, bro, Yeah, y'all gotta fight.
Speaker 3: You speak my language. So he figured out the audio thing while they.
Speaker 1: Were building screeches and ship and uh and yeah. So we had the conversation. We get her backstory of how she became a sil surfer and uh and and and yeah.
Speaker 3: Spike, any thoughts on the backstory though? Which backstory about her language and her sacrifice?
Speaker 4: I said that was cool to make her character more relatable and less of just like a destruction machine.
Speaker 3: I liked her, and Johnny related to that.
Speaker 4: And then how you could that kind of broke her down a little bit just to not be evil and just.
Speaker 2: Doing his work.
Speaker 3: So y'all like that. Actually, that backstory did work.
Speaker 2: Spike when she said when Johnny was like, why.
Speaker 3: You doing this? You don't have to do this?
Speaker 1: Stop, come on, and you've been through this ship and she said, man, why don't y'all just leave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, You're right, that's a good idea. Maybe get your wife, let's go.
Speaker 5: So yeah, because she was like, y'all, you know, y'all get over it. She was like here's from now. You will hurt for a bit, but eventually you don't even know your right.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Yeah, I ain't got nothing for you, bro, y'all just need to.
Speaker 2: Back up and leave. I know y'all can.
Speaker 3: I know y'all can do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, they stayed.
Speaker 3: Apparently they had a conversation because.
Speaker 2: We was like, yeah, we ain't leave it.
Speaker 3: But he has a horrible.
Speaker 1: Idea, bro, your wife just know it because he lied right right. They were like, he was like, yeah, we just got to bring him to Earth. That's what we're gonna do. That's a new play. We're gonna bring him here. And everybody was like, how the hell you're gonna do that. He was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She was like, yes you do, motherfucker. Why are you lying? Yes, you do. He knew she figured him out to ye, right, I don't know how we're gonna do it. I didn't say that.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to think of you know, I'm still coming up with ideas, Like we.
Speaker 1: Just had this conversation, right, you just told me you think terrible things. That's all you do is team terrible things. This is a terrible fucking thing. Bro, I know you thought about that because I know I don't see a lot of me, and she just dispitlet He.
Speaker 3: Was just like he finally admitted, like, yeah, the room get it. I did, but I was waiting for Ken to keep moving.
Speaker 2: So that's the plan they're gonna use. The baby is bait.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: What I loved about this movie is the thing asked the question that I was thinking.
Speaker 2: He was like, bro, like, there's a lot of people here. What the hell we're gonna do with all these people?
Speaker 3: I was wondering the same thing. That was good writing right there, because yeah, like gonna sacrifice thousands of people?
Speaker 2: Yep. So then the mold Man came and did y'all like the interaction.
Speaker 3: That they had. He was like, I was cute.
Speaker 1: He was like, Oh, don't be mad at me, Johnny, I ain't dressed you right, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, yeah, spreading, he's spread it all.
Speaker 3: I loved it. He was good. Yeah he is. He's one of the comic book villains. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of the villain fantastic war villains.
Speaker 3: That shit made me think.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I ever made this correlation, but the Incredibles are basically the fantastic form. Yeah, because they even have the old person in that movie too.
Speaker 3: Yeah you put that together. Oh yeah, they're basically the fantastic for I was like, damn. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so we get the big show down and Lactis brings his ass to Earth and here we are. So he gets on the planet, he jumps in in.
Speaker 2: The pool is the ocean?
Speaker 3: That ship was dope. I like that because it just shows you how big is, like how deep the ocean is, and like.
Speaker 4: Like whole buildings crumbling when he just grazing like that was fired, tacking up the grass and walk in the grass like some weed or something.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Smoke?
Speaker 1: That be functional right only on the weekends, Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't talk about them.
Speaker 2: They don't talk.
Speaker 3: Is a function a functioning treehead?
Speaker 1: Hey y'all, make sure y'all check out the Salon podcast dropping this week for just a little bit of insight into that inside joke there. But anyway, man, yeah, just thoughts on where we with this whole scene. So because they tried, I think the plan was a good plan. I still don't know why Reed ran up there to put the baby there. I'm like, bro, you could have just stretched the fucking down, you know, just put it they wanted, You could have baited it be in a little bit more too, Like they've moved the baby way too quick, Like that was way like this dude, just one little scanning in his eyes, like the baby not even there, and y'all not even smart enough to put it out of my.
Speaker 3: Sight perview either. Right over there he hit the crib, He had the crib.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was a bad plan. It was a bad plan. Like we already saw. The galactus has powers. He saw you were pregnant, He induced your labor. You think you can hide a baby from him two blocks from here?
Speaker 3: Why? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: What would have made more sense to me? Which I know they wouldn't want to try this, but fucking phase the baby to god damn India or some ship.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take glad just a minute to get to India. She could have made it invincible to anything. Well, I feel like he probably would still see it visible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if he if he phased the baby to the other side of the of the earth.
Speaker 1: No, they only had thirty seven seconds of power, but it only took.
Speaker 3: Half a second to phase that damn egg.
Speaker 2: Because it is smaller, so that is a good point.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, it's still it was still fun to watch, But I was like, that was fucking dumb.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Did y'all tell what was gonna happen? Yeah? I knew.
Speaker 5: I knew he wasn't really just gonna step in there, you know and hold burning his eyes thing. I thought that was pretty dope, But I was just like, man, what made y'all think that was even gonna work?
Speaker 3: How did you know you could burn this man's eyes? It worked templary, temporarily enough for them to switch him ount.
Speaker 5: No, but I mean when you were laying out the plan, how did you say, you know what this big ass thing to eat plants?
Speaker 3: I bet we can burn his eyeballs?
Speaker 6: Well maybe from earlier when Johnny was fucking with him and it actually stumbled him out.
Speaker 2: Okay, well they didn't know. I mean it was just well, no, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Look, man, Reed Reid comes up with good plans, it's just terrible in execution. None of the ship he's done and this whole movie work Like Reed was just there even in this movie, bro, I'm just saying, like, bo, Reed do fucking something.
Speaker 3: He ain't do ship, remove Red from this entire story. What happens he didn't remove He got away because he had to come up with the thing to throw her in that month term moop when it got close to the little whole thing spike.
Speaker 1: After Galactus smacked Sue into the building and she passed out, and then Glatis winning snatched up the baby and then the baby and knock herby Kirby ass over would.
Speaker 3: Be they would have been toasted if he didn't tell that he what to do.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he didn't do a lot of superhero bro. We saw Johnny do some ship. We does Sting do some ship, and Sue got her moment. Even even when Sue woke up and heard the baby crying and she was she was doing this ship and doing this ship like that, she had to tell Reed, stupid ass go get the fucking baby. Reed was the one that had he was up and hat I do remember that's probably one of the worst things.
Speaker 2: And then he got turned.
Speaker 3: I mean he sacrificed himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm just saying, but like the way he climbed through all that ship and estab.
Speaker 3: We also read's powers are not being a warrior.
Speaker 5: His powers are thinking smart and he's if you again, because I see you, I see you completely answer my question.
Speaker 3: He figured I didn't pick that up.
Speaker 5: If you took read out this whole story, Earth is gone easily, easily because what they ain't gonna do punch him in the toe.
Speaker 3: That ain't gonna none of that, none of his work right.
Speaker 2: He had to knock a building on him.
Speaker 3: And it still didn't do.
Speaker 5: No man, I think I think everybody in this movie had their.
Speaker 3: Moment as far as the fantastic for it. I agree you hating on read Man. He wasn't super amazing or anything like that. He was barely fantastic, but he was cool.
Speaker 1: The burdens of of being a father kind of got in the way. But to your, to you guys' point, like when he finally stretched up and put the little thing in him and turned the little thing on, I was like, Okay, finally he's doing something. But that ship barely lasted. But I did like this.
Speaker 2: Moment, did you y'all? Like the Colopper and time ship.
Speaker 3: Wait, let me throw one more thing at you then we can be on promise. You also got to think about this.
Speaker 5: I think they made it pretty clear that they had not been in space since this whole shit happened, so we can also assume that they haven't fought anything that's been out of their element. So when they see a big world eating thing, they're like, oh shit, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what the fuck we're about to do with this.
Speaker 2: I get it. There's no way they can beat fucking galactics just making.
Speaker 3: A monkey earlier. Ken he was fighting a little monkey earlier, which is what does that say about he had trouble fighting monkey? Just so I'm saying, what you want to do the galactors if he's over here trying to fight a monk.
Speaker 5: Glad was like that, bro, you that made me tense.
Speaker 3: I was like, he was like, I had nothing like this happens when I first met my wife. But yeah, Clober did y'all like that?
Speaker 2: Loved it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to say it, say it.
Speaker 3: It didn't really do ship though, it didn't really do anything cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just dropped Johnny, But I liked it. I don't know, but you know, and I think just at the end of course, planning on you know, the stories of mothers and the things that they could do to save their.
Speaker 3: Child's the stories of women lifting cars.
Speaker 1: So she pushed Galactus into the damn thing while Reed just stood there and just looked.
Speaker 3: Got him out of his hand.
Speaker 12: God damn, he said, who told him to do that? Spot She didn't have to tell how women. You didn't have to tell them how women are. Let me tell you do ship. You were already going, yeah, turned left.
Speaker 3: I was already already about two minutes.
Speaker 1: It was not because because when Sue was pushing, she was like pushing push and read its Sue, Sue, don't do it this too much.
Speaker 3: She was like, if you don't go get out, God damn child, why you saying? Look what the fucking baby he was gonna he was gonna get it what he was trying to figure things out, like, oh oh yeah, let me go. Well, he was concerned about her at first, He's like, baby, baby, calms down, was like too much? You want to do all that? At first? I like this whole party. I did too. I like this and the car the kid, the mom lifts up the car for the kid.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 4: That was definitely the parallel that I because it would have been unbelievable otherwise, like if you don't have those stories out there, come on, like she could have did.
Speaker 3: This the whole time. What happened? You know how they say like when women's children are in danger, they get this. Oh that's what ya.
Speaker 4: I correlated that to this. It's like to make it make sense in my brain. No, yeah, that does make Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was good. I was Yeah, that was dope. You just you know, I just went along with it.
Speaker 3: I get it like it was okay, cool, bet that's what we're gonna do. Cool.
Speaker 2: That ship didn't work, though, you nah, that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh that ship worked. Look it worked like bitch.
Speaker 2: Y'all think Johnny was gonna gonna die go.
Speaker 3: Out with him?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I like, I thought he was gonna go telling us uncle. But then I was like, that ain't a borrow movie. Yes it is. It is other than like Endgame. I thought he would push him.
Speaker 5: Through the black hole and that was going to explain how we get them in our universe because they were gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Go find Johnny.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah that's what I was thinking too.
Speaker 5: I was not expecting Silver Surfer to come back at all. I actually think I would have liked it better if Johnny sacrificed himself, it.
Speaker 3: Would have been a better ending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that go to explain it, because I still don't know how they got to this earld but world or the world that other Thunderbolts are in.
Speaker 1: But no, it did catch me off grard when it came out, and note which made sense because it was pleet earlier. And then I think this is also how I think she would be kind of outcast or whatever. And then I think from there they'll go get Noor and Rad to play the seal surfer, which be the male version.
Speaker 2: Also thinking explains because he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be millions of miles away or whatever long he said, so explains why you probably won't see him for a while.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 1: So it all kind of makes sense because we don't know where he threw where he even.
Speaker 3: Sent them, Ye got no ships.
Speaker 2: Out, So all that made sense. And then we're at the end of the movie.
Speaker 6: So and Thunderbos Fantastic four shows up there too, Right, how did they show up there?
Speaker 3: We don't know yet. Well, what what I'm saying, how did they do it?
Speaker 2: In the movie at the end, it was just well, we saw was a ship ship coming.
Speaker 5: An alarm goes off and it said something like interstellar aircraft approaching or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so we still don't know how they got there or why.
Speaker 1: Yep, but yeah, man, that was That was pretty much the end of the movie. They you know, everything's back to normal. They adored again. They're gonna go on.
Speaker 3: This any point time that y'all think she was gonna be dead, Oh damn, Thankspike. I completely forgot about that. I thought she was gonna die and then they're gonna bring her back.
Speaker 1: They killed her hand in one of the other movies, so in the in the second movie, she died. In that one, she got victim Victor van Doom through a spear and hit her.
Speaker 2: She died.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't she just let it go through he or some ship?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But Silver brought her alive.
Speaker 3: But do y'all know who the baby is?
Speaker 2: Franklin Richards.
Speaker 1: He's a motherfucker too, Like he's like one of the most powerful mutants. He has a couple of arts in the comics. The only one I remember is uh that I it was like Days of Future Past and Future President. I think he played a role in that, and then he was an onslaught I saw and then something else.
Speaker 4: But that's his superhero name, Franklin Richards. I don't think he has a superhero name either, but fantastic. I don't know much about him at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but him him bringing him into this world and then them telling us that he has the power cosmic. They've already introduced that, so he he can and is a problem. And I didn't know that there was a connection that he had the Galactus either.
Speaker 3: His name is Franklin Richard Richards. That's his name. No, he was saying, like you said, you don't think he had a name. Somebody said that he said, what's his superhero dame?
Speaker 1: I think I think that's what was Franklin Richard.
Speaker 3: That's the super I think that's the actual name. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean he can he can warp. Yeah, power cosmon is what they said, that he could warp reality and something else that he could do. But Galactus was making it seem like he would eventually become Galactius because remember Galactus saying that I was once a regular person like you, and I grew into this. So I don't know if that's why he wanted Franklin to be his successor, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I couldn't say. That was one part that I was confused about.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell if he was saying that he wanted to eat Franklin and that would completely stop his hunger, or if he was saying that if Franklin became the next Galactis, he could go chill on the beach somewhere.
Speaker 3: The Latka and then't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't very clear.
Speaker 1: I'm like you, Mike, I picked up both of those and I still don't.
Speaker 3: Know see, and I didn't want to go.
Speaker 5: I'm actually since I don't read Fantastic for I'm good with not knowing what the fuck Franklin does or what he can do.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna sit back and let them feed this shit to me.
Speaker 5: Because I was gonna look it up because I was like, how is he connected to Glactus?
Speaker 3: I don't get it, but I'm fine with not knowing. Yeah, me too, Me too, uncle with it.
Speaker 5: But this does lead to my only gripe about the movie is I don't I feel like I would have liked to see a little bit more Fantastic for Ground Fighting because I don't think we really got to see how they fight. You know, we got to see a little bit with him kicking the monkey and shit. But it would have been cool if we saw just like, give us another ten minutes in the film and let us see them actually fight a ground level villain real quick and then move on. But if that's a small, very very small gripe.
Speaker 1: That was when I first watched it, one of the issues that I had with it. You know, I made peace with it, gonna be like, well, I guess you make them fight, there's no way they can be collected. So I think everything kind of made sense in the movie. But yeah, I wanted to see that. I wanted to see that, And I think now that gives them room to be a little bit more browned, as they say in the next couple of movies or next movie that there doing whenever they appear, I think they say they go up here in doomsday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but yeah, you know, I knew she wasn't dead because I go through all that, And I think this was also a good chance for them to kind of show that Frankly does have powers.
Speaker 2: You know, my wife told me that there are.
Speaker 1: Stories of where they put babies on moms and moms come back to life and stuff like that. So I haven't looked into the truth about any of this stuff, but the but.
Speaker 2: So, you know, but it was fine and it makes sense, you know, it hit the story. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So thoughts on the end credit post make credit?
Speaker 5: Was it doctor do that You've never seen Doctor Doom's face or anything?
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't show his face. I can see you had the helmet right there and he had a little mass in the carp What was the significance of it.
Speaker 5: He's one of their primary main villains and he's supposed to be the next big thing.
Speaker 3: That's fucking Jonathan Major couldn't stop beating up. So that's who rob it down at jun That's why they didn't show his face. Got it okay? So I get to do.
Speaker 5: I thought that was hard because I was I was relieved because I thought they killed a little robot and I was really mad. And then when they brought him back into Postcrests, I was like, all right, cool, my little man, Herbie is straight. But we had when they came around that corner and they showed Doctor Doom, I was like, your music and it felt like the old school Marvel when we were seeing Thanos and we're like, oh, Ship, something's about to happen.
Speaker 3: This felt like, this felt big.
Speaker 1: So now he just got to do it right and don't turn him into Magnico, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in the first two versions of Fantastic Board, yeah, man ed it Powers and Ship it was stupid as well, even in the terrible.
Speaker 6: Are talking about in the movies they did. Yeah, somehow they're not gonna do that. Marbara did a good job with this. They did, They really did.
Speaker 5: I think they're realizing they can't suck up no more. You really need to start taking shit seriously. And they really need to build up Doctor Doom to make people keep one to come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we have the work. Well, a lot of people know who doctor Doom is, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they know how Dope is, so they really don't want to fuck this up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm already skeptical with the whole Let's make him look like Tony Stark, Let's make him a Toy Stark varying ship.
Speaker 3: I'm already skeptical about that.
Speaker 1: But what you know, making it on eight Earth eight two eight, I guess it explains that even though people were probably explaining the theory way anyway. But now it's here, so I think people can go along with that, yeah.
Speaker 2: And buy it. So, but.
Speaker 1: Did anyone listen to Mike and Nick and after the mid credits?
Speaker 4: I wish I had artist and I wish I had to try to tell y'all just because y'all.
Speaker 3: I probably would have left it anyway, but just because y'all said it will work and I wanted to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say it was worth when when when when you said they don't listen to me, I was gonna be like, yeah, I don't yeah, because I was gonna stay anyway.
Speaker 2: So it didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Too because you said it about another movie super Man said that one. Stay for that one to y'all have to say it, Yeah, y'all, y'all have to listen. I just y'all just can't come in here and complain. No, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I want to tell y'all, but look, you said that that one right there showed you that the robot wasn't cut.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, the very I didn't be my whole text.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't see them. That's the cartoon post credit, not the mid credit.
Speaker 5: The post cartoon. The post credit was the whack one. The mid credit was the good one. So I was saying, leave before the post credit.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying is like the robot was showed on the on the on the credit and the post credit because he turned off the TV.
Speaker 3: We have to see that. We already knew he was back. We did. We saw he was, Yeah, he was. He was taking care of the baby and she was asking him for like books. So you're saying, we already know that. Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 5: We saw doctor doome that whack ass bullshit with the fucking cartoon.
Speaker 3: I was angry, angry, like stop doing this ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 1: It doesn't bother me, and I do take the information because I tell my family. I was like, look, Mike said, we don't have to wait, so if y'all want to stay, we can stay.
Speaker 2: And they were like, no, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, listen to Mike thumb Man, Mike, Mike.
Speaker 1: I just wanted them to just know as well as like it ain't really gonna be anything, uh you know, meaningful, but we just stay just so so.
Speaker 3: Y'all think Dune's gonna be the big Bad over Galactus. Yeah, I think Glactus is not gonna come back for a few movies. So what I'm saying, that's the one that you think they're gonna choose.
Speaker 6: Doom over Galactus, or it's gonna be somebody totally different altogether.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it ain't called it ain't called Avengers Galactus Day. No. I'm just saying, like you think that's gonna be the.
Speaker 5: Last black joke and it didn't work. No, I don't think it'll be the last villain. I just think that they're not gonna bring Galactus back until after. What I'm asking is who's gonna be Thanos Doom? So you think Doom is gonna be Thanos? Yes, but that's what people live in.
Speaker 1: I think you have to. When you say Thanos, you're just talking about who's going.
Speaker 6: To be the big bag, who's gonna be the big bad that everybody's gonna have to eventually.
Speaker 2: Because we're not gonna get another Thanos.
Speaker 1: I don't know ken in terms of like how people look at Thanos.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you say that. I think people are.
Speaker 1: I think the bar is high for what Thanos is and how dope he was in some of the things that he was saying. I think it's gonna be hard to match that, but I think, because I think the bar for Thantos is here, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think they can do it. Doom is that dope.
Speaker 5: I mean, he he He wasn't just a fantastic for a villain. He fought Spider Man, he fought X Men. You notice, I think that they're gonna do it. I think that they're gonna make Doom be that motherfucker. And if they do it right, I think that they can.
Speaker 3: They can make a.
Speaker 4: Really interesting story out of him. Now, I haven't read the second version of Secret Wars. I only read the original. I'm going to go ahead and read it just so I can.
Speaker 3: Kind of know, but a little bit.
Speaker 5: But the little snippets I've seen about people talking about what Doom does in the second Secret Wars, I think it's gonna be fucking super dope. He's God level, is what they're saying, which Santos was too. But I think that that's gonna make him be as bad as Thanos.
Speaker 3: I think if anybody stepped him, they're gonna get fucked up.
Speaker 1: Okay, which you would need that in order to get close to Pete Thanosa.
Speaker 3: But it does.
Speaker 5: It does make sense the way that they ended this with him kind of being with Franklin. They can use that to justify why. And this isn't a spoiler because I'm just talking shit why they make the Battle World and why certain superheroes start fighting other superheroes. I don't, I don't follow you probably that you don't, But it's not a spoiler, but it might be a teeny tiny minor spoiler.
Speaker 1: Get what you're saying. They that, Okay, I'm connecting dots. Okay, the baby could create an alternate reality.
Speaker 5: Well, he can, definitely, But I think that I think that, yes, And I think that they're gonna make it to where Doom is not immediately a bad guy, like You're not.
Speaker 3: Gonna see you know, doctor Doom show up and it's.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, he's just doing crazy nefarious evil ship. I think the Fantastic Four in this movie already know who he is, because they showed that what is it, how do you pronounce it? Liberia or whatever? And doctor Doom is from there, and I think that they know him. But I don't think he's gonna immediately just show him and be like all right, here's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm killing everybody.
Speaker 5: I think he's gonna try to like form some kind of maybe partnership. I don't know, but I think that what they did with ending this movie with doctor Doom talking to Franklin like that and Franklin stroking his face, there's just so many dope ways they can make this go.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about it that way, but yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense. I get it now, Okay, I'm with it anyway. Yeah, if you guys also want to next time we do a live or anything like that and want us let us know what you think of the movie, you can become a patron and sign up. I think it's the director's here and you can send us your thoughts on a movie that we're reviewing.
Speaker 2: So, uh yeah, let your voice be heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to his ease. Man, it's cool to put the face with the name.
Speaker 5: Drew.
Speaker 3: I was thinking your Drew with his ass is talking. Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all right, man, Well that's gonna do it for us. We appreciate you guys coming through and spending time with us.
Speaker 3: Ask you about jail in the pot.
Speaker 1: Uh think I saw they recorded episode last night. He recorded episode last night, so I'm sure details of TVD and he'll keep us posting on it. But yeah, yeah, I say stay on the lookout for it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to see what it does.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, so Cecario, Patron, patren only review, pat review, Right, that's where we're about to go record, guys, So if you want to hear what we think about that movie, go to patreon dot com, slash f p as podcast, Friends per Second Podcast, and uh and check that out along with other dope class reviews we have on there as well. We'll catch you guys next time. We got peace
Speaker 2: And Doc said is coming, just give him some time.