Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast. We are reviewing the hit HBO show The Pit season two first five episodes. What's gonna happen is we will break these up into fives. It's fifteen episodes this season, so we'll do three of these. As you know, The Pit is an er drama based in Pittsburgh. Each episode is an hour out of the day, and this day starts at seven am on the fourth of July. Robbie comes in for his last shift before planning three months sabbatical, and his replacement, doctor al Hashimi, is set to serve as an intern. World there right, how did you feel of being back in the world of The Pit and did you like the new doctor?
Speaker 2: No, I don't like her. She's fine us out, but I don't like her this one.
Speaker 3: No, it feels good to be back in the Pit, man, and it just feels like they didn't miss a beat. They they came right back and nothing seems different. It's still it's still the Pit. So I'm happy.
Speaker 4: So far got you, I will say you No, yeah, man, I like this show like I wasn't on the initial reviews with you guys, So I'm glad I'm able to finally review it, which all it was in my top top.
Speaker 1: Five or something like that. I can't remember exactly where it was.
Speaker 4: But but nah, man, this is this is a really good, good series.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I would be into it the way I am.
Speaker 4: I've never been into like all the doctor shows and stuff like that, but nah, they do this on really well, especially with it being in a one day time.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm like Mike, I didn't like the new doctor at first, but I like her now. She's growing on me. She's starting to She's starting to grow on me, and I like their dynamic, so I think that they're they're playing more into that and it's getting.
Speaker 1: Better as the show progresses. So I liked.
Speaker 4: I didn't like her at first, but I am, I am starting to like their relationship.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, rods being tricky with words. Do you like her or do you like their relationship? Do you like the dynamic or do you like her?
Speaker 4: I like both? Okay, I did not. Yeah, yeah, that's that's good clarity. No, I didn't like her at first. I was like, oh, this is awkward. I don't like her, but she's she's starting to grow on me, and the dynamic is definitely going on me.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, I'm sorry, I'm starting to.
Speaker 1: Really like her.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on the dynamic part.
Speaker 1: I want to come back to the dynamic, know what you think.
Speaker 5: I think Mike made a really good point about us being back in that world, and and what I like about that is that I'm sure that's how ers are, like every day is different but the same. So we're thrown back in here and it seems like nothing has changed, because it doesn't. It's like that all all the time, I'm assuming. So it's really it's interesting that they were able to fully capture that and we're back watching the pit like we never left, you know, and the way they kind of slowly integrate and bring people in over the episodes was was done really really well, because you know, I'm watching them like, where's such as that? Where's such as that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And then they started So I thought that was I thought that was really really well done, really well.
Speaker 4: One more point, I do like the charge nurse. I remember she thought we thought she was misuid, but she came back. I just can't see anybody else in her place like she is. She is the perfect charge nurse.
Speaker 1: In the show. She's one of the best characters on the show. Yeah, she's really good, really embodies that part. I was happy to be back as well. I agree with you guys, it's great how you can do this show. It feels like you don't miss a beat. And I think one of the best things well how they play on that whill is they don't take too long off like they came right back for season two, which I think was a good thing. We didn't have time to like three years ago. By it you're like, oh, yeah, the pit didn't getting reoggested. I liked it they came back so quickly. That's true. You guys spoke to the dynamic of those two. It seemed like Robbie kind of cold on her. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: I like the conflict, but I can't fucking stand her.
Speaker 1: You think she's doing too much.
Speaker 3: I think she's doing way too much. I think that she's trying to walk in on her first day and change the entire setup. I don't like her pushing fucking AI on people. I think that's gonna that's gonna backfire. I'm taking my stance on AI off the table just looking at what's going on. I guarantee that's gonna that's gonna backfire. But the fact that Robbie doesn't like what she's doing, and he's been in charge this whole time, and she's just like, fuck all that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like her at all.
Speaker 1: Do y'all think he's questioning her ability to be a doctor or just her methods, using her methods.
Speaker 3: I think he probably thinks she's a good doctor, but he's just like, why are you walking up here changing shit?
Speaker 1: You just got here. Calm the fuck down a little bit, rod Do you feel the same about the dynamic? Yeah, yeah, same way.
Speaker 4: I did like the dialogue she had about uh, because it's there's a lot of people, not a lot of people. I heard people with the stance of like, of course, I'm not I'm not. I don't want this thing to use, this thing to take over my job. I just want to spend more time with my family. So I thought that was that was interesting, especially with that type of conversation going on right now.
Speaker 1: So I want to see how they tackle that got you. The majority of the cast we know, we've seen them, they were students last year, so they're in a the next year of their progression of being a doctor. But we do meet too new students, James, Oglevie and Enjoy Kwan. They're painting. James is just really smart, know it all doctor. This character irritating.
Speaker 3: I like him the same level that I like Santos, which is bottom of the fucking fuck. Santos and Oglevie, I don't like you one of them. Joy, I funk with. Joy's my kind of that's my kind of check.
Speaker 4: That's my kind of chick. She just walked like, man, this can't do this. You wouldn't want to be I wouldn't be student.
Speaker 3: The Asian girl with the septing ring that just don't give a fuck about nothing.
Speaker 1: The one that's always on her phone. Yeah, the new chick with the smart guy. She's always getting like a call. Yeah, but she she rarely says says anything.
Speaker 2: But then when she did, she helped somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because.
Speaker 5: Robbie asked her a question and the guy you're talking about jumped in and and uh.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about her, Yes, that's Joy. Do you like Joy?
Speaker 4: She don't talk. I know if I like her or not, Just be there. She's a busy for thirty pick.
Speaker 6: She don't say ship, but when she said some ship, it's like, bam, gotcha, there you go.
Speaker 2: She saved the fucking day.
Speaker 1: She back on her phone. Do you like the right? Do you like James the new guy, the smart guy? I don't like him as.
Speaker 4: A character, but I do like the Again, I like the conflict that some of these characters bring to the show. So yeah, as a character, Yeah, of course he'srritating. I think that he's meant meant to be so again, I just like I think since he backs it up out. Yes, he don't always like like he was one point where he didn't he fed and he fucked up or twice well well one time he said that it was abbreviation and he had it wrong and he was trying to say it and then she was like, no, it's actually this or whatever. So it's like he's it's almost like he's playing it up, like he's trying to play like he's smarter than.
Speaker 1: He actually is. Okay, so I think that's interesting. We also have a return and it's Langdon he's back off of his suspension. Y'all. Remember he got caught still in the the opioids or whatever it may be, and Robbie is acting pretty cold towards him. Yeah, I don't like it because I feel like he didn't done his time. He backed, but he sent them the trioge what y'all think about how Robbie is cheating, Like, yeah, I don't like this.
Speaker 4: This this one is. Yeah, this one is a little disturbing. When I'm hoping that they have a reason. Well I guess the reason is already no reason. But he's still mad, feel betrayed or something. I he just feels betrayed and it's hard for him to get over that. But again, man, I man, they add so much to these stories without doing like too much, you know what I mean. Like, it's such a great show. It's such a great show. How they develop these characters.
Speaker 5: It is I would you know, it's it feels obsessive. I don't know what happened since we've been gone, uh, you know, for the last a couple of weeks days. I have a long it's been since our last time, you know there, it's been a couple of months.
Speaker 3: I would think it's been a year because he went to rehab, and I think that kind of rehab is like a year, but don't I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: It's at least been six months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but what I what I do like is is I know at some point he gonna get checked. And it seems like who is that the charge nurse, the one that got hit last year. Yes, she's seems like she's loading up and she's gonna she's gonna let him have it.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be robby. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems like she's gonna go off on Robbie for his behavior.
Speaker 1: At some point.
Speaker 4: She keeps trying to give him a chance to kind of, you know, get over himself, but he's not doing it.
Speaker 1: And we hear why he had a plan.
Speaker 5: His plan was I wasn't gonna be here when he comes back, and maybe by the time I get back three months.
Speaker 1: From now, just go according to the plan.
Speaker 4: It's ten months after the end of season one, so the season one was around Labor Day. This season is obviously around fourth July, so it's ten months.
Speaker 3: So I will throw out I I don't think it's successive.
Speaker 2: It's just annoying as a viewer.
Speaker 3: The reason I don't think it's successive is because we're viewing it from the audience and to the audience, it's been fucking five.
Speaker 2: Weeks or whatever.
Speaker 3: But in the world of the pit, it's been five hours. This is the first time he's seen them. So you don't just forgive somebody after five hours. What the dude did was fucked up. We as the audience are more forgiving because it's the real world. But in the world of the pit, I can see why he's like, no, I'm not fucking with you right now, say five hours, and it's only been five hours.
Speaker 2: It's been five hours.
Speaker 1: From not the last not from last season to this season. That's not what you know. I'm saying.
Speaker 3: In the world of the pit, what we've been watching is five hours in world warmed up to him. If somebody does, like if I say something fucked up to you, you're not gonna just forgive me the second you see me. It might take some time somebody end of the shift, they might be good, even.
Speaker 2: The end of the shift. I wouldn't I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the shift they did make up, because I think that's just the nature of the show, especially after what happened on the fifth episode. But if they didn't make up. I would find it really stick because it's only been a day. You stole med. Do you put this whole fucking.
Speaker 2: Operation at jeopardy?
Speaker 1: Is he let down?
Speaker 3: I think he's extremely let down because that was his boy, he was his mentor, and he just let him down, that's all. Robbie is like everybody's pop in that place, and this dude just let him down.
Speaker 1: I get you.
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying that it's only been a few hours in the in the world of the pit, but it also has been ten months.
Speaker 2: That I haven't seen you though.
Speaker 3: You brought your ass back in here, and now I'm seeing you again, and you're immediately like, yo, can we talk?
Speaker 2: No motherfucker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is a high. Why Yeah, he knew.
Speaker 5: Coming back. He yeah, yeah, he just came back. I don't know how you get ended up back a day earlier or whatever, but yeah, So it seems like Robbie knew that there was a start date for him, which is why he planned his exit before he got there.
Speaker 3: Langdon probably came back early because he wanted to talk to Robbie. I think his biggest regret is disappointing Robbie So.
Speaker 5: I said all that to say, you know with what Mike has added to the conversation is that Robbie has been pissed.
Speaker 1: Off for ten months. He ain't let that ship go.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, so yeah, so I know it's been ten months, but it's been ten months where he's still holding.
Speaker 1: On to that ship. Langdon is handling it will too. I think, yeah, he's taking a bucket. He's like, okay, I'll go over here, like you get ready to talk. He's adding him like we can talk.
Speaker 4: Because everybody else sense it, everybody else feels it, and he's just like, yeah, I mean not everybody's happen with me.
Speaker 5: And everybody else is cool with him, but they have a different relationship with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were all new when you remember when when they all showed up, they only hung out with him for a day before he was out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like lan I do.
Speaker 3: I dude, he's like one of my favorite characters because he's flawed.
Speaker 1: Ye. So Raindon treats Louis. If y'all remember Louis from last season, this is black guy, really jolly joyful. I think that they're setting us well, we'll get to it, but yes, you could tell Vin very early on that just setting it up to like something gonna happened to Louis. He too, like nice, it's like the girl in the wheelchair last year, the wheelchair, the lady in the wheelchair who kept making the sexual indial.
Speaker 2: Oh, she didn't die.
Speaker 4: Something happened to her though, right, No, I thought she she was missing, like I thought they found her found towards the end.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think so. For some reason, my mind thinks that something happened to her, But I can't. I can't remember where y'all think about Louis and and why did y'all see this heady? I was like, what the hell going on with his stomach? Man? What is that you say? Yeah? They just back up? Was that from drinking alcohol? Probably?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's like crazy to look at it is because it looks hard.
Speaker 2: It looks like his stomach.
Speaker 1: It's like they made they did a really good job. It was, I mean draining what for?
Speaker 5: It was like Christy he was just like taking it like he was he was EMT or doctor or something, right, was that the one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he was an EMT. I think in last season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was part of like uh yeah, yeah, yeah, people like grounds, people like they weren't like official doctors.
Speaker 5: But part of because that's when we got the sort of history lessons. Yeah, because he was kind of because he was he knew so much about it was like all about you know, procedures and stuff like that. So yeah, so basically he was part of a group that basically created what the emergency room is today. So that's the guy from Okay, Yeah, yeah, yeah, they they A lot of this stuff is based off of that group's teachings and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, Like how do you know all this ship? You want to go to the hospital A lot we double back on Louis, but we get Ethan is the guy who is dying under Wittaker's presence. So Whittaker killed somebody else, the young kid from last season. They kept getting the bodies he had, Yeah, helped this guy as syste him down.
Speaker 4: That's the one that that that state stayed over. He know, he was staying upstairs.
Speaker 2: I know sometimes who Ethan is.
Speaker 1: Ethan was the client, Ethan Bostick. He was the client that came in the old man and they had to let him die because his wishes. They couldn't save it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, so we still.
Speaker 1: See that the guy Whittaker is killing people, but it didn't kill It's like it's fourth body. Bro since we've been watching the show. Who died on his supervision two people? Last season? Oh yeah, last season? So I thought you were saying this seas that's what I thought you were talking about. This is just almost caught the body. He almost thought about it.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, you don't kill somebody was out here saving I don't want to work.
Speaker 1: Don't give me somebody else do it. I like he's one of my favorite characters too. I like the kind of heat flocked. Also Mail revealed, Uh, and that's the girl with the glasses. Got know this Brian Criston's.
Speaker 4: Daughter breaking heard that, but I meant to look it up. It's Brian Crest breaking good.
Speaker 1: She's so good. She was really but she's clearly distracted because she's dealing with a man practice suit. Do y'all like what her character is this? I feel like I haven't gotten much of her in this one yet. I agree. I think they do the male practice thing and then like we just met meandering around her.
Speaker 3: Oh, I kind of disagree. I think we're getting we're getting more on her backstory. We haven't got to it yet, but we'll get to, like where she actually reveals that she's autistic herself.
Speaker 2: It's not just her sister. Well, yeah, we can tell me to do that.
Speaker 4: But I think it's I think she said she was on the spectrum last did she Yeah?
Speaker 1: Last year. I think she kind of revealed it.
Speaker 3: I must have missed it. I thought she was just talking about her sister.
Speaker 4: I thought she yeah, I get you, because she she it was another guy that came in that was on the spectrum, and she was able to relate to him, yes, with the lights and stuff.
Speaker 5: But I think they realized, or somebody realized, and maybe it was Langdon that she was too, or probably because he started treating her.
Speaker 2: Even if they think she was, she's she's giving.
Speaker 3: More background because when she talks about the eating disorder, it's like we figure out, oh, you you're ar tistic too.
Speaker 1: I like characters, all right, Santo's treats Kylie and this is a girl who fell down the stairs, and we think that, but they're alluding to her being abused and Santo's doing too much right here, or it's just a line with her character. Santo is always doing too much. The little girl do look like she's getting abused?
Speaker 5: She looked like she was getting Yeah, she did, but and it seemed like they were walking us towards that. But at the same time, it felt like it was sort of heavy handed. So the turn was a was an interesting I like the term because it was like, Okay, we're gonna do this whole storyline again, and it was I t P. But what came up out of it was, I mean, shit, the way the dad exploded it, I was like, well, ship, damn.
Speaker 1: They might be right, but.
Speaker 5: Santo's just she just gets on my fucking nerve.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I thought that was a misdirection having him be angry about it, but it was just a passion that he had about his dart. It wasn't in a sense of like he was harming her. He was just like, fuck, is harm my daughter? Like so yeah, I think it was meant to be a misdirection, but I was like, he not being on.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was it was almost like too obvious and then the anger and but when I was watching, I was like, man, you're not doing yourself any favors, Like they already suspect you doing this thing and then you are cussing everybody.
Speaker 1: If anything, he beats with me. I'm not sure this girlfriend.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about when we get there. But I got his frustration though. iMOS like, y'all playing with me like this is my daughter, like I wouldn't, I wouldn't dare and y'all like an overstepping it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't necessarily them. It was with the girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again on a spike because she was kind of doubting it too for a minute. I'm like, well, why the fuck are you with me right now? Get your ass out of here. Well he was going, wait and he did apologize.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. She was over it, but we're too bad.
Speaker 2: Get your ass out there.
Speaker 3: We'll get with you behind me. Motherfucker. You know what I'm saying. But now Santos can eat, eat, ship and choke.
Speaker 2: I hate her why.
Speaker 4: Because she sucks? Just for no reason? Fuck Berry, you just back, he's a better doctor than you. She sucks, man. And she immediately was like, oh, yeah, he's beating his daughter.
Speaker 3: You didn't even like approach any other angle, So no, fuck Santos. You would love to have more content from frames per second become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: We talked about Dana being one of our favorite characters. She starts her shift, she has a new nurse that she's mentoring, that's Emma. There's an abandoned baby that they respond to. And at the end of the episode we get the nurse al Hashimi, getting test results and leaving their speeches, but they haven't went back to that. It's weird, so I'm wondering is that going to come up. But they also treat a homeless man and they have to wash them and that would have been my last day in the ear. You ain't never rote Marta. I have Bru and I go to the other train when.
Speaker 3: I've Rode Marta when I was going when I was in school. That shit happened more times than I'd like to talk about.
Speaker 1: But you have to wash their ass though, Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh you're right, I feel you. No, I get you, I get you. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is my last day on the job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I'm not washing nobody ship. But they just rinsed him off. They didn't like go scrub him and stuff. They just gave him some soaping. He holds himself down.
Speaker 1: I had to touch his clothes. Like, I knew that that was gonna come back. I knew it was.
Speaker 2: I think they threw him away, didn't they?
Speaker 1: Then they say it was close away. But I knew something with the homeless man was gonna come back. I didn't know what they were gonna do, but I knew something would come back, which we will talk about. Any more. Thoughts about episode one, anything that.
Speaker 4: Happened, Yeah, yeah, the magazine was crazy, but like, but Mac is actually supposed to heal.
Speaker 1: They're like a natural healers, right, flesh, that's an episode two would get that. Anything that about episode one?
Speaker 4: Bro thought that's what introduction to the to the home everything the next we can if you don't like we're talking about it did so I didn't even know what that was just the first episode, so anything it sounded like so much more.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just a lot in that first episode.
Speaker 1: I guess so damn.
Speaker 5: I wasn't to hype on the first episode. It was just it was like, we're just all right, we're back now.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I liked the world so much. It settled into happy being built.
Speaker 5: It built like when all the different cases and stuff started coming and built on it.
Speaker 1: First was just like a good intro.
Speaker 2: My weak back was a lot more energetic than yours.
Speaker 1: Nine too.
Speaker 2: Really, you just said, okay, we're back.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, we're bashed that week back. I can't stand these weeks.
Speaker 1: Two weeks, man, man, I wish they would dropping them off all right. Episode two, the baby undergoes testing. It confirms it's healthy al Hashimi. They never say why she was looking like that at the end of the episode when and just kind of moved on. So I want to know what happens, and they contacted the police for the baby. As that's happening, Allan is a patient. He comes in with his bone out of his shoulder, Mike, I had to look away. He got the other bone. Oh, we'll get to the risk.
Speaker 2: He'll look away on the second bone.
Speaker 1: That first that that was the first crazy to me. That was the first crazy to me. His shoulder sticking out of his sh it was crazy to dig in there pull it And that one was insane.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it out from the underside. That ship was crazy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some good stuff in here. Any shows like Man.
Speaker 3: And these nurses are geez because like they just stuck on and it's like, okay, yeah, bone is out, pull it up right now.
Speaker 1: You're crazy. I'm fainting. I'm on the floor. Uh. Any of y'all think anything about the show to been out.
Speaker 2: I feel you like it was. I had to look away, but yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I ain't no bitch what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But it was interesting to see.
Speaker 4: That's one of the one of the one of the more pilling things about the show that you get to see how some of these things happen and go and how they handle it, you know.
Speaker 2: And it looks so realistic. Do they got great practical effects on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I grew up male, which we didn't talk about the first episode, she was the one with the ankle monitor. On her last sea, she was being somebody was flirting with her. He was shooting his shot. Uh, what did y'all think about that? Then he runs out. Of course, the knocks are over because he's a robbery suspect.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you were talking about you crossed him up? Nah, Mail, he was the autistic who's the autistic girl?
Speaker 1: Mail is the one that had the ankle monitorn I know.
Speaker 3: But but when you I thought you were talking about the other the guy she was flirting with didn't knock her over. You're confusing her with the autistic robbery. You're right, I can't think of her name all of a sudden, we.
Speaker 2: Just talked about her. Can't think, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: I remember, But yeah, nah, that that situation. So are we talking about We're talking about Mail. We're talking about talk about Mail. Okay, that knockdown when a flirtatious Payton. So we're talking about Mail and her dealing with the I did cross off the names. You're right, but we're talking about Mail. She's worried about the male practice teaing. They tell us his routine. Then she gets knocked down by the guy that's flirting with the other nurse. I felt bad for her because finally someone was trying to get at her and then he fuck and booked it out of there and knocked her and bangor in the head.
Speaker 2: She didn't get a number yet.
Speaker 5: She was she was kind of uh, a little slow to pick up on that he was hitting on her, like she was just you know, she eventually got there, but took her.
Speaker 1: She wasn't picking up on the cues first, all right, nurse her body, she's treating a nun. The nun had committee in her eyes.
Speaker 2: Somebody somebody shot up in the face, somebody hit her with that holy water bro man right now.
Speaker 1: I like how they didn't know how to approach it with like they were trying like, man, I know you are nun. But I loved her answer though. She was like, I'm an.
Speaker 5: I forgot what it was, but it was a very sarcastic, sharp man. So I'm a nun, I'm not whatever, it's.
Speaker 1: Not none of your business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that that is a crazy thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the hell. Yeah, but he is the doctor that was being flirted with, Yes, and then she's treating a patient who has a rich injury, but he's acting weird as hell? What y'all think going on with dude? But we even revisit that.
Speaker 3: Y'all not gonna believe me, But I thought I knew. I was like, oh, he has a brain tumor. Interest, I swear to God, because like the way he was acting and the way he was bouncing back and forth. I was like, because it's the pit was like, Oh, he has a brain tumor that's causing him to act weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I do it for a brain tumor specifically. I thought he just had some sort of like emotional imbalance or whatever. Yeah, because it was so abrupt at times. It's just like what he just kept going like he had bipolar in and out.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, that's what I'm saying. I thought it was just some type of mental An interesting thing that comes from this is his insurance is inadequate, so they're trying to ship him somewhere else, which brings in Noel. Noel is the case manager for the hospital, and it appears that Noel and Robbie are messing around it. Y'll here, my.
Speaker 6: Man, Robbie is not getting all them. The baddest chicks in here. They're of age, Robbie.
Speaker 3: Robbie is in there, bro bro God damn, the baddest one walking.
Speaker 1: Through the fucking e er. Here come Robbie.
Speaker 3: Hey, girl's got a motorcycle.
Speaker 1: You sure you want to leave her three months? You know?
Speaker 5: The thing about it is, I'm like, man, Robbie got a thing for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't the white chicks.
Speaker 4: Robbie, I said, enough of that, all right, so we know they obviously fucking around.
Speaker 1: McKay also has another patient. She has broccoli obstructing this airway and pull out the black because another one of the crazy.
Speaker 5: He said, I never choked on at.
Speaker 1: As soon as I thought best was kill. That was funny, all right. Now this one was difficult with Aka gets a sign to the lady who husband they died. She has dementias, so he tells her that she dies. She freaks out that he comes back and she don't remember, so you gotta tell her all over man. Man, that was that was good. That was well written in the sense of you kind of could tell when he was telling her and leaves out and they talk. They mentioned the memory law just like she gonna forget what y'all think about this. He got a lie.
Speaker 4: He just telling he got a lie, and I think he kind of I'm just saying, bront relive in that moment over and over again.
Speaker 5: But she forgets how many times you got to do that in the Yeah, but even though she don't remember the last time. So it's almost like this show I was watching. It's if I showed the Lazarus Project where they kept going back in time. There was these time looks in this checkpoint. You got to go back to the time and and one of them had a baby and that worked on the team, and she had to go back to that time over and over again delivering birth. And they did that for like months. It was it was insane.
Speaker 3: Some old people ship right here? Was that just spoiling the fun show.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna find.
Speaker 3: The same shit every time I talked to her. I just watched this movie. At the end, this two died.
Speaker 2: It's like, boy, I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to watch it that I'm just saying, it's you know you hate time travels.
Speaker 1: I know you're asking you watch it.
Speaker 2: But everybody else they got to go back in time and race the page.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, I'm like, nah, he's gonna have to lie to her. But I think he did a slight alteration to that, but he still fucked up. He took it to somebody. She thought he was sleep and she was like, I be ready to go. He was like, ship, what up? And this is not working. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: That was good. At the end of the episode, doctor al Hashemi demonstrates how the new AI app works. As soon as she gets done with it, She's talking about how good it is, and Whitaker immediately identifies there's an era in it, which he points out, and then Alshemi and Robbie debate the role of AI medicine, and then a college student comes in that was Undersidechosis strapped down to the bed. Any thoughts episode two, so I think it was, yeah, it was episode two.
Speaker 5: Even before they got to the AI thing. I picked up on Robbie's not AI, she's AI and because she's more robotic, more to the code, more this, that and the other. And then later she introduced AI because I told my wife. I was like, oh, I think what they're doing is there? And then they introduced I was like, see because Rock because he Robbie did something that kind of went against the book, the gut thing that he was later talking about, and I'm like, oh, I think they're doing this dynamic between the two of them. And because House was that way House, we had to think outside of the box. Robbie, we saw on the whole first season, you know, exhibited some out of the box sort of thinking to get to the to the you know, to whatever they need they needed to get to. So when they did that, I was like, Oh, I see what they're gonna do. And then they introduced the AI thing, and I was like, but I love the conversation they had about the pluses.
Speaker 1: And minuses of it.
Speaker 5: And while Robbie wasn't completely against it, you know, he was trying to explain like within context of how it could possibly work within you know, this institution, but he also explained the dangers of it, you know as well. But then, you know, as rob pointed out, it was like, they're the benefits to some of the people that work there is that they can get home. So it's going to be interesting to see if or how this conversation is gonna take place, especially given what she did in later later episodes in forums of her manipulation of some of the the people that worked there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, she was trying to implement those passports and things like that, and Robbie just like, nah, we're not not doing that. Also in this episode, another turnaway moment, they were cutting the cast off. They built up to this. I knew I didn't want to see what was inside that casts just by how they were talking about it. And they cut the homis Man cast off Rod and they had maggots on his own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was crazy, crazy, But but like I said earlier on like maggots is like they're healing natural flesh, eating the flesh. It wasn't healing him, it was it was it was lunch breakfast. So that's that's what y'all got from that.
Speaker 1: I thought they were eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're supposed to leave him on there he had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's cat that rotted and it was it was decaying.
Speaker 4: So but it's supposed to be a good thing, going through his own own, you said, eventually your own, that's right, So you got to take them, like you said.
Speaker 5: The craziest part about this is we were watching it last night and we were like, we knew I didn't know what was under that cast but it was something.
Speaker 1: But they kept talking. It was too much emphasis, and yeah, he said it was itching.
Speaker 5: I thought his skin was gonna be riding and something like that, or when they pull it off, pull the cast off, was gonna pull the skin or something like that. I never imagined that it was going to be maggot because we were eating dinner at the time.
Speaker 1: It was worse than I thought I was eating too. I was like, whatever this is, I know it's not gonna be good, but I never imagined it being maggant.
Speaker 4: This is like one of the nastiest things, Like I don't know, like i'd be trying to like what's nasty than maggots that they they be on ship.
Speaker 1: Like they just sit on ship. I'll never forget my first experiences. When I was young and I threw out some raw ground beef, I just threw it in the trash and I came out the next day it was just mag maggots everywhere. I was disgusted.
Speaker 3: You know that seemed that seemed was good? Was really he was just he was just like I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm sure he knew something was under there, he could feel.
Speaker 1: It, and I don't think it was hurting him either, not even have heard.
Speaker 4: But I feel like if you see some ship like that on your arm, you're not gonna freak out, not if you're homeless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're gonna go wash it.
Speaker 4: I think even for an unhoused person, that it would that it would that it would affect him.
Speaker 5: I think the Yeah, the thing that I thought was interesting is that he got treated left and never and couldn't come back to get the cast off, and then just left it on there.
Speaker 1: He didn't even know how long he'd been.
Speaker 3: That's why I was gonna respond to Rod's point, is this homeless person, I'm sure has some kind of mental illness. So the last thing he's probably and you can see by the way he shipped all over himself and he wasn't sweating it. You think he's gonna worry about some maggots. He probably doesn't care about ship, like about stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 5: The maggots were like ship the ship.
Speaker 2: They probably thought he was a big ass term.
Speaker 1: Alright man. Episode three, we picked back up with the college student who's brought into the pit. Seems like he's having a psychotic breakdown, and also this asshole. Security guard comes in with the head injury. What did you'll think about the security guard? I knew he did something fucked up.
Speaker 3: Did the second Yeah, yeah, I could just tell because I paused the ship because the mother the kid was throwing out all these weird terms. I was like, well, that means something. Hold on the second pause, I'm googling. I'm like, oh, these are law terms.
Speaker 4: These are like legal terms, don't I can't remember if they actually said he was in law school or not.
Speaker 1: Eventually, yeah, yeah, the sister did.
Speaker 3: But I was like, no, man, something ain't right here. And I still don't know that we know exactly what's.
Speaker 1: Going on with it.
Speaker 3: But I was like, nope, that that fucking cop did something. With the cop he takes him in the back of his neck.
Speaker 5: So so was the hazing was that would trigger his break or because that's what I was thinking as when I was like, oh, maybe when he got tased, the electricity kind of freaked him out.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. The guy said that he was freaking out, like.
Speaker 3: He's lying, could be lying or the tasing just made it.
Speaker 5: Worse that too, because yeah, because he definitely seemed like he was like a racist for show and then other Georgia people. I'm waiting for them to kind of go racist. It was a majority on the and the we have the race car drivers, but I think they're gone now.
Speaker 1: They just took anybody peels and oh they didn't give me race vibes. They were from Georgia.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel so southern, but they were not. It was the cops, so I thought that was that was off as stupid ass rednecks. Yeah, it was like, oh, we're gonna have to what what what the cops say? Oh the conversation changed or something like that. But he was just going off. Man, he was he but we had how many minutes with him, and it's just immediately I was just like, I hate that motherfuckert does he walked in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just ready all right. So we finally get to see Robby and al Hasheen work together when a motorcycle accident happens and Mark Ye comes in and the test suggested he's paralyzed. His wife is wilding out and then she later loses consciousness as well. Uh. They said she had internal bleeding from the wreck, which didn't go checked, which they were worried about anything I'll take from this that was a motorcycle accident.
Speaker 2: So how does she have seat built bruises?
Speaker 1: The motorcycle ran into him, right, the motorcycle he was in the car. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing I took was that Robbie did you catch Robbie lie about wearing a helmet?
Speaker 1: Oh, he uses his motorcycles.
Speaker 3: If you remember the first episode, he rides up on a motorcycle.
Speaker 2: He's not wearing a helmet.
Speaker 3: But when they're talking about the guy that died, I think it was he was talking to Dana. Maybe he lied and said he was wearing a helmet.
Speaker 1: Where they based on of Pittsburgh isn't on Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the Robin is going through it every state, helmet lot everywhere.
Speaker 4: No, not in Florida. Real, let me look, yeah, not in Florida. You don't have to Well, back in the day, you didn't have to have helmet. I don't know if that's still the case. It's all different, man, there's no help that's a Florida like. Okay, yeah, that makes sense, it.
Speaker 1: Makes sense.
Speaker 5: But well, bro like Noah, Man, the guy that got hit with the helmet, bro when they.
Speaker 1: His ship was like a fucking uh bad cover. Bro was crazy. They looked at that ship. I was like, this, Bro, they didn't even they didn't even wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joy was like, man, let's go, let's go somewhere else was.
Speaker 2: It was just like your mom snags though it used to be dead get.
Speaker 1: I was like that.
Speaker 3: I did like that that Whittaker pushed him to do it because he learned that from Robbie that. It's like he wants Robbie's approval so bad, and I like that he's taking on things that Robbie says, unlike Santo's punk ass.
Speaker 1: Did you look it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but doesn't tell me which states it says seventeen to It says as of late twenty twenty five, only seventeen to nineteen states have universal laws requiring.
Speaker 1: Us so it might be might be one that doesn't require that is nuts.
Speaker 3: He wasn't really coming at it from a lost standpoint. He was coming at it from like, you're a doctor. You if anybody should know that you should be wearing a fucking helmet, it's a doctor.
Speaker 2: That's why he lied about it, because he didn't want to hear nobody's mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm just wondering if because of that, Yeah, it's optional to wear him in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: So this is the episode where we finally get Kylie's fathering and he arrives. He clashes with his girlfriend and the staff over sit overpitches. Suspicion. What suspicion?
Speaker 2: What episode was this? What's the two Birds of the Pet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That what I want.
Speaker 8: I would want to say, man a Spike bro I would love him to be all right.
Speaker 1: So we alluded to this a little bit, so we can get into it. Now. What'd y'all think about the father's reaction of being accused of abusing his daughter.
Speaker 2: I felt him. I felt him. He was a little much, but I felt him.
Speaker 3: Especially if he's not even remotely doing something and he doesn't fuck around about his daughter. I get his response. The whole thing is, you can't really judge somebody if you're If you're good to your daughter and you're not harmful at all, and you don't fuck around about your daughter, and someone accuses you of that, you can't then be like, well, you're not. You're not helping yourself by bugging out. No, you're it's a human respond don't fuck with me about my daughter.
Speaker 1: And the girl was his girlfriend with someone who was around him and seen how much that he does with his daughter. But she still was like I don't know. He may have and he was like, bitch when all the time, like when would this happened? I like his response, mak say you.
Speaker 4: He wasn't helping his response, even though I get what y'all have said, But.
Speaker 3: You do the same thing, Ken, and you know it, you'd be worse.
Speaker 4: Kid would have told the hospital, Kim would have fought sixte would have been furniture would have been moved.
Speaker 2: He'd have done him like like you usually not about the abuse, motherfucker abuse side.
Speaker 5: But you know they they they set it up nicely though, just with all the first two episodes, which just the way she was looking, and she was looking suspicious, Rod tall and upstairs sound suspicions to be who was falling upstairs?
Speaker 6: Oh Jesus Christ, thank you right, you're the only one that probably hasn't Wait, how.
Speaker 1: Do you up the stairs?
Speaker 2: You just missed true, you never missed a step before.
Speaker 9: Hit your Yeah, I just so deg but you're right, you're right, right, Okay, I take all that back, shut up so you can't fall upstairs. But you the way it goes in that way too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I always terrifying doing that.
Speaker 5: I think the way they set it up, it made me question it because I'm like, how the help and with all the other injuries she had, But yeah, I'm wrong with that, I stand corrected. But but all that being said, yeah, with that and all the other injuries and stuff like, it was just the compilation of things that happened. And he's the only motherfucker that ain't there.
Speaker 4: So we get there, and you know, she I think she was a new girlfriend, so she don't know.
Speaker 5: But you know, so I kind of get his response because he wasn't doing it, and to be accused of something, you know, it caused the violent reaction that he had because he was accused of something that he wasn't doing. At the same time, because you accused of abuse, you know, you know, it makes you look even more suspicious. And they were about to snatch his ass up rod and have a real conversation with him until I forgot who had the I TP thing and made Santos look like a fucking fool and was smiling about it too.
Speaker 2: Did you figure out the it people art? I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I think the results just came back or something when it was somebody, somebody read off the results, and when they read off the results, they were smiling because Santos was the one.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't remember either.
Speaker 1: Did somebody did do that? You're right, I just can't remember.
Speaker 2: Let's say, Santos fuck sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't even like apologize or even like except that she's.
Speaker 1: Kind of scoffed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, Okay, well, that's what it is, no problem. I hate her.
Speaker 1: Good thing it wasn't God, she said, yeah, all right. Closing out this episode, we learned that that guy does have full frontal lobe, So as far as the McKay was dealing with, we learned that. And also we learned that Westbridge Hospital nearby is issue of cold black, and all of their patients will be diverted to the er that they're in.
Speaker 3: I don't like that cold black means I'm shipping a bunch of people to another place.
Speaker 1: That's what they called it.
Speaker 2: Cold That don't sound right.
Speaker 1: What y'all that this is. I'm assuming this is the hook for the season. This is about to get crazy like the mass shooting of last season. H where'd you guys see this going if you well, what do you want to move on?
Speaker 4: Episode for I thought it was interesting that they had this this whole bidden thing, like a whole chart.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, I know, but this is like a more intricate like it's a black man. What you expect. It was like, we're back art him security guard playing something else. Seen him somewhere the black guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's Jacks.
Speaker 1: That's the doubt. That's a husband. But I thought he was in something else too. He might be, but he isn't.
Speaker 4: Something that's on BT plus No reasonable as well.
Speaker 2: B T there's a BT plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Mario. Yeah, how legit? Though he played the husband that the girl put up the house and he played something else to with you, he played it something else. We just watched. Tyler Perry wrote reasonable, right, Uh, it's not that I know. I hear it's good. I haven't watched it. Definitely, it's out of Tyler Perce. I can't d Tyler parent can't even do that good. All right, So Episode for it's ten o'clock now Er prepares for the diverted cases from Wedstbridge. Robbie keeps Langon in Triodge. He assigns with a Casantos and Havadi to first arrive. What's bar treating Evince the young man that was injured by falling from the skylift. What you think about that?
Speaker 3: The dude falling that ship. That whole sequence was insane, But part of me was also kind of looking at them a little suspicious.
Speaker 2: Oh, never mind, never know, I'm not never mine. I forgot.
Speaker 3: I forgot that somebody upstairs did record that he had something in his back. The message just didn't make it downstairs. I was gonna say I was looking at them funny because nobody thought to check and see if there was anything elsewhere on his back.
Speaker 1: Until they turned him over and him over, they pulled the ship out. They didn't pull it out he did.
Speaker 2: Who was the guy?
Speaker 1: All knew? Guys?
Speaker 3: I can't think of his name, almost killing it, the fake ass Santos almost killing What do.
Speaker 1: You think about that? That? Oh? My god?
Speaker 3: I like how Robbie got in his ass, real professional like it's like we don't remove things in the e R.
Speaker 2: Because he just did it without even thinking.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh there's something of his back.
Speaker 2: Oh I've seen enough movies.
Speaker 3: No, not to do that all right, I get a fucking staple stuck in my finger. I'm not pulling out til I think about it.
Speaker 1: Be freaking out, splendors.
Speaker 2: You see movies.
Speaker 1: They pulled him out.
Speaker 2: It's just like you're dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did think it was interesting that they were trying to get the girl that was filming. She was annoying because she was filming, but they wouldn't have saw it if she didn't see it.
Speaker 1: She saw him bleeding and she's like, yo, what's going on there?
Speaker 4: And it was like, oh, ship, So that's that was interesting that that she was the one that actually saw it. She was annoying though she was in her mouth, but but she she practiced. She basically said his life though because they didn't see it, they just saw eventually. I don't know, because they weren't. That's why she saw it, remember, I know, but they weren't paying attention to that. They was like, you know how when you saw the but they just.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like that's how this ship feels like it's real fucking life, real life.
Speaker 1: So so good. I thought that was interested. We also have a patient that comes in she's glued her eyes. Ship.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that ship was so was crazy. I never even Yeah, go ahead, he said.
Speaker 1: Super glue. She was like, what else would I use? I thought that her back and forth with lang the gorilla glue? Girl, you got you super glue your eyes together? You cannot be get right now? Absolutely not? What do they cyclops will it's a clue what she didn't have?
Speaker 2: I guess you ran out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I didn't know super clue where you know?
Speaker 1: Where is off? Old time though?
Speaker 2: Super glue? Yeah, you never got super blue on your fingers? Yeah, to be freaking me the funk out, But eventually it goes away. Right, it's out there now?
Speaker 5: Is it because I used nail polished to get it?
Speaker 4: I was really yeah, I let it right out. I haven't had super glue on my hand in years.
Speaker 3: I do it every time I have to superglue something. I have gave it on my hands to super anything in a minute.
Speaker 1: Don't work?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What for me? It does?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Sure does?
Speaker 1: What you don't do it? Right?
Speaker 2: What are you super glue anything that breaks?
Speaker 1: For something else?
Speaker 2: I call it you poor?
Speaker 1: I know I'm not super colo and.
Speaker 5: Ship I forgot what I have, but it was recent I have to ask it.
Speaker 2: Was it's not poor?
Speaker 1: Okay? What are you super?
Speaker 2: You know, after you know what finishes, I will tell you what I sup.
Speaker 4: Let me let me let me rephrase that as we did that ship.
Speaker 2: I didn't have money or whatever, not saying that you were poor.
Speaker 1: I think I think y'all are still still up on old ways.
Speaker 3: I broke a handle trauma dresser trouble, So you think I should just go buy a whole new dresser.
Speaker 1: That's insandy?
Speaker 4: You you could you could fix the handle without super glue kind of so is it?
Speaker 1: It's not a screw in him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And the what do you call it?
Speaker 2: The thread went out, so I was like, okay, all I got to see I'm smart.
Speaker 1: How long.
Speaker 2: It's still works?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you put some superlo on the edge of that and put it in there.
Speaker 1: It's not coming that.
Speaker 3: Ship eventually wears off, which is what I put the super glue on the inside of the handle, and then I stuck it on, held it tight and it's perfect.
Speaker 4: Now I think they have liquid nail ship for that. So how is it any different than the super glues. It's just another level super When you're you gonna don't make no damn sense.
Speaker 1: That makes sense? So you the functions are the same.
Speaker 2: Fact, they're not the same, and then you're poor.
Speaker 4: Too how they're not the same because you using adhesive some forhesive to get because one is one is more specific, saying that was gonna last longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one is more specific.
Speaker 2: Super Blues is like like like duct tape. It's like a y'all, don't you super.
Speaker 1: Bol disagree with Rob but I understand. No.
Speaker 4: Remember you're talking about how Florida niggas are different exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't think y'all ever Florida.
Speaker 4: Really Look that's crazy, just saying like I can't believe super you call us porfus and yeahs insane.
Speaker 1: I'm the super glue.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: The girl don't want lay and tested it. She want doctor j. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see Havaii being a TikTok starf absolutely not one of the most surprising things.
Speaker 3: And I'm wondering if that's gonna bite her in the ass. I'm thinking that it is because you can't really the.
Speaker 1: Prestige level that she's aiming for him, Like she's like, I think dual study or whatever. So and her mom. I think that's gonna come back to bide, which.
Speaker 3: At first I thought like maybe there's some legal things.
Speaker 2: But no, there are.
Speaker 3: Doctors on YouTube that just talk about stuff. But there's Hippa. So I wonder how much she's revealing on her channel.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Interesting, she's claiming to be a doctor already on that channel.
Speaker 5: And what I super glue were a pair of beats. However, those a pair of headphones. However, there were also a new pair of headphones bought. They were These were just the old parents that were sitting around the house that I was trying to fix.
Speaker 3: You don't have to justify that ship to nobody but him. Oh, I don't don't any how about.
Speaker 5: The band broke and they were just sitting around the house. She had already brought him a new pair.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, we can probably used that's right, that's called being practiced.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me see if we get let me see if I can fix that.
Speaker 3: Somebody beats at the house, brand new beats, so they don't and then you buy some new ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they already replaced. So these are they were just sitting there.
Speaker 2: Was not very modiest mister media.
Speaker 1: Allright, so she comes, she treats her. Then we have the elderly man. They had to fracture tailbone. I didn't care about this. You didn't care about that, okay, But he's the actor. He's somebody I keep mean to look him up, and I kept forgetting he is. He's like a big show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm seeing his face before.
Speaker 1: I don't know who is. I don't look it.
Speaker 2: Up, like the fra tailbone ship. Then they had to go on his ass. They somebody clip chip as if y'all don't do it.
Speaker 1: You could access your tailbone through your asshole nobody. I mean, what makes what are you talking about? Deep?
Speaker 2: You gotta go your tailbone. It is only right above your ass spike, But why.
Speaker 1: Do you gotta go fike?
Speaker 2: It so homophobic. But he don't even touch his own ass. He's like, I don't even know what my tailbone is white, You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You don't want to.
Speaker 4: How did you get to the tailbone your finger in.
Speaker 5: You know, you haven't sat in a chair for a long time, and your tailphone her, especially one of that doesn't have a cushion of your asshole, right.
Speaker 1: Like I don't. I just can't wrap my mind around how that works.
Speaker 4: I never I mean, I guess for me. I think they could probably like a cor pract go up like a cor practic.
Speaker 1: Right, she did have to hook it, no hook it.
Speaker 4: But the way he felt out the words like.
Speaker 10: That was a new man that was. It was like, we're gonna have to do that again. Yeah, he nodded, that's what that was. That was like, that was like, great, God, you gotta give me.
Speaker 2: A like he's a freak. He was talking about.
Speaker 1: Like that ship. He didn't wanted to.
Speaker 4: I know this is gonna be our first and what we gotta like you know.
Speaker 7: I was a little jealous, Like I was like, I want to, I want to, I want to last float.
Speaker 1: He's gonna gona breaking ship to get on purpose right right back he had a new album.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, like ship, Like I'm whispering, why do you have to ask that ship from your booty hole?
Speaker 3: Like like because if it went in this way, they just got to push it out.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, like, even like a chiropractor, I feel like they can like get low enough down there to realign.
Speaker 3: But there's a reason why chiropractice not medical doctors.
Speaker 1: Six ship, they just they just temple round. Really, he's pain to close out this episode, Santos is getting uh reprimanded by Alishemi for her charting, which will come back up. Aloshemi takes Landon off triage. Langdon then returns to the celutatious patient Debbie, who has an m R s A or worse. I don't even remember that, yeah you know, all right? Looking episode five before we wrap, Langdon and Donnie moved Debbie the trauma for.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, way, way, way wait. You're not gonna skip over the dicks fight. You know about taking the real damn really laughing off was a big deal, A big deal?
Speaker 1: Was the big deal?
Speaker 4: Spike Reddy said, you've been talking about dick too much, so you don't care?
Speaker 3: Said from dicator, take it away? Would shout them, No, no, you can't leave that ship off.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, gras junior high, so I already knew that was a fear. But no, two days did you say two days?
Speaker 4: I never heard about that he gave himself a shot in his dick or something like that. That's I always knew about the viagras ship. People that take viagra like too many, but the pill medical.
Speaker 3: Like taking a shot is always worse than like popping a pill, like the shots concentrated or whatever. Maybe it was like liquid viagraa liquid sialis putting his dick.
Speaker 1: They go right to your bloods. Guess the reason people shoot up hero versus.
Speaker 3: I know, you know from being from I never have to be that needle.
Speaker 1: To pull put me to sleep. It was put him asleep. Yeah, he was asleep, Jesus. They're like, I'm awake. They're like, man, still it's still up and doing it.
Speaker 2: Like it was nothing like like house.
Speaker 1: We were were like, what basically have to jerk him off?
Speaker 3: He did say that something aout rubbing his shop.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is Santos right.
Speaker 4: They were like too bad instructing the other ones to do it because.
Speaker 2: Mel was the one doing the needle part, and.
Speaker 5: You know, like it's still not working. And then that's when they said it wasn't that.
Speaker 1: Was doing it.
Speaker 4: It was one of the it was one of the medical students. Want the medical students, Yeah it wasn't. It was a grilling the god thought with the septum marine.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I could have sworn Mel was doing it.
Speaker 5: It was just funny that one of them said we don't. It's too bad we don't get to do this all day or something like that, she saying she was making some weirdly terrible jokes.
Speaker 1: She always does.
Speaker 2: Hopefully she gets fired, she always does. That Dick was crazy spark. Yeah, they're gonna show it.
Speaker 1: I did showed it coming out of thinking about it. When he said, oh my.
Speaker 2: Dick has been hard for whatever, I was like, Okay, this is just a.
Speaker 1: Show a lot of dick on TVs, a movie like they.
Speaker 6: Have like.
Speaker 1: They have years later, Like, bro, what the fuck is happening? They're covering it up eventually.
Speaker 4: After drawing the blood out of it for like a while, I never even thought about that.
Speaker 3: Like drawing the blood out to make his dick go soft. You ever thought about that, Spike, I've never thought about that.
Speaker 1: It made it made Yeah, it makes sense because yeah, that ship.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that that's what they were gonna do me either, And I never like because on the grass and they didn't really say how it got fixed.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that's what they had to do.
Speaker 4: Jesus showed it going soft finally.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that ship made me cringe.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Not some homophobia shit, but just because like a needle in my dick, drawing.
Speaker 1: Blood out, and he's like, what the fuck.
Speaker 4: Is Jesus Christ had the interaction between the Jewish lady and Rob. Yeah, Spike, I think no, No, I thought that was cool. I mean, that was something when they pulled off and it was just like her, that was the one.
Speaker 1: That they pulled put honey on her honey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But but I don't know, I like, I like it was something really sweet about this moment between them.
Speaker 1: I really liked that in the show because Rob doctor Robbie is Jewish, right, and she had related to him like a son almost. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the in my opinion at least, I thought the part that was more interesting was when she was talking to the Muslim the Muslim lady that I can't.
Speaker 2: Remember her name.
Speaker 1: I can't remember her name either.
Speaker 3: She's not on the show enough, you know, for me to remember her name. But like the she was saying to them, she was like, thank you because it was your community that stepped up and helped us when I can't remember what that fucking shooting.
Speaker 4: Was called at the synagogue. Yeah, I can't think of what it was called. Yeah, that was a good but in real life, tree life the trial life, and I like the how she was talking to Robbie like she was a mother.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that Judaism has passed down through your mother, Like if your mother is Jewish, you should be Jewish. But if your father's not Jewish. I heard that. I didn't know that. Yeah. Then she cuts him out though because he was doing he did something that it was riding the motorcycle.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, yeah, she had cursed him out. She was just like a little bit like how old are you?
Speaker 1: Crisis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but even that was good though, Like that whole ship was good. It was even the way he treated her was good, Like I don't know, it was a really good moment.
Speaker 1: Agreed Episode five eleven AM. Before we wrap, Lane, Din and Donnie move debby the trauma for further evaluation, with Robbie suggesting her condition may be related to sorrow serves s I r s additional test review. She's developing sepsis. That's the lady that has the thing that's growing up her knee. She came back langdon sent her home and he said if it goes past his line, then come back. And it continued to grow and they can't figure out what's wrong. It's just forcing Langdon and Robbie to work with each other, right, which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably going to force them them that and Louis at the end. That's going to force them to have to work together.
Speaker 5: And they had already she had, she had started flirting with them too. Who what's her name, Shahin? Who are you talking to, doctor Simi? Yeah, yeah, Shahemi was flirting. Oh okay, I think I got the neck, got the missed up. But Shahemi was flirting with Robbin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who the hell is Shahimi?
Speaker 4: It's not Shahemi. I think it's something else, like it is the one. It's the it's the new doctor Alashimi. She's not flirting with doctor Robbie. Oh yeah yeah, episode for probably episode three when the beats started, when the bet when they started betting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't, I did.
Speaker 2: She said something. What was it that she said? I'm with Ken interesting.
Speaker 1: My head, me too. I took it at her trying to be nice to him because he's being cold to her. He's trying to like making a little more. It did not seem like flirting. It seems a little more.
Speaker 3: Don't have female friends, y'all? Think everybody they think he flirted.
Speaker 1: It was a female. It's a bullship.
Speaker 4: My wife was the one that was like, oh she picked it up and take it back then, yeah, like I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what she said, but I thought the same, Hello, you're looking for.
Speaker 3: I'm not to go back and relook. I never I never caught that, because.
Speaker 4: You remember he was looking back like he did want of them numbers, Like.
Speaker 1: I think he was a surprised she was being nice.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought too, because she's been.
Speaker 1: So bative, like they've been combative towards each other since they got there, and she's like kind of taking a new road now.
Speaker 2: And Robbie know he's the man.
Speaker 4: Robbie knows he's him, so he's not gonna look back like of course.
Speaker 1: She is it.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a it's a real quick, sudden term for her in just a couple of hours, But she probably saw the other doctor come in the person to color.
Speaker 1: She like, what does he have.
Speaker 2: Let me find?
Speaker 1: In this episode, we also get the inmate that comes in. This was a lot chained to the bed and they will not take the handcuffs off.
Speaker 2: Mike, what do you think fucking pigs.
Speaker 3: But I know he's following protocol, but come on, man, what the fuck is.
Speaker 1: This dude gonna do.
Speaker 3: He has no weapons, he's been beat the fuck up, and you're here, and if the doctors are saying, look, we will take responsibility. Just uncuff him from the bed so we can do our jobs. It's ridiculous, man. But I knew, I do know for a fact that that is a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's a good, great way to escape, like like fake, get.
Speaker 4: Yours, take the cuff off your ass, and you you, like hold somebody.
Speaker 1: Hot hostage with a scalpel. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: That from one of the title parents.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't think that TV before that could actually be a good way to escape.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think it would happen on the pit because that's too unrealistic. Yeah, in a regular goofy movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm just saying I had the thought of that, like, oh, I actually would be a good way to escape, because I was trying to justify, like why.
Speaker 1: Is he Steven Tod was in this film?
Speaker 2: I would think that.
Speaker 1: I had not escape.
Speaker 5: But I did have a similar thought when they finally took it. I was like, Oh, he's probably gonna grab something and become a threat, just to kind of show another sort of thing that happens in E R that we're not proving too.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I do like I don't need that in this show. Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 4: But I do like the element of it, Like I do like that because you don't see these different scenarios. Yes, when it comes to two people in the hospital, right, because even what they even say, people that are cute like like that are in the wrong, wrong, wrong, in the wrong for like an accident or something.
Speaker 2: They're brought to be going to jail, but you have to see.
Speaker 4: Them before they go to jail and stuff like that, and cops beat people up, they gotta take them to Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's interesting. Yeah, all right, So we go now to They keep showing Sato struggling with her charting this episode, and that's gonna come back up, like we it's got to be a reason that they're focused.
Speaker 5: So well, it sounds like she got punished for something.
Speaker 2: Well she was going to get punished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's already working a fifteen hour day and then she's like four hours behind on charting, so now you're talking about nineteen hours, and she would have to stay after five hours. She would stay after old.
Speaker 5: Because she almost screwed up with the kid.
Speaker 1: You know, she knows once I shifted over, she's gonna be there four more hours, Charty, and.
Speaker 3: She's gonna have to repeat her residency if she doesn't catch up. That's again Alasheen's kind of being a dick.
Speaker 1: Oh well, cool to her.
Speaker 5: But this was the manipulation part that I was talking about, where she came to her and was like, well, you know, hey, I could do it a lot faster to you.
Speaker 1: I was like, then, I think Robbie was walking by heard it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, that's fucked up, because now you're creating this incentive for her to get behind you.
Speaker 1: You gotta do other people and the synthivizer and they were like, come on, like get out of here.
Speaker 3: But the real fucked up thing is he already said he didn't really approve it, and you're still just going around him and telling people to do it. It's like, you're not fucking You don't have the job yet, right. You need to calm the fuck down.
Speaker 1: And impossible for her to complete without using the AI that she has, right without saying so, of course she would be willing to use it, all right, Roger, got anything on that, you get all right? So now we go to Santos. Well, the homeless lady comes in. She's diagnosed with tuberculosis and Ogilvie is exposed to it. So she tells him all the stuff that he got to do for the next six months, which is crazy as far as taking the test and the occupation or whist of it.
Speaker 4: That remind me of the of the other person that got that blood on it, had to get all the tests done, cut.
Speaker 2: Her finger or whatever. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Crazy too, alrighty, So we get the other one, Mark. Excuse me, Mike, I called you Mark. I've been called worse. So Whittaker has to help Ogilvy perform a fecal disimpaction on an elderly woman.
Speaker 2: I text, laughing.
Speaker 1: I hollered, this was the This is worse than the magnets for me, right is right there? We heard it.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, move, broa move. He didn't move. He bought every bit of that ship.
Speaker 4: Wasn't open man nasty, I hollered. I mean just I mean the school in part was getting it out. Like I was like, jump she came. He was just like, yo, double glove. I had a double glove. The fact that you gotta double glove and touch ship, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be touching ship if you got.
Speaker 4: A double glove, make a stick in the other Like it gotta be some kind of liked something.
Speaker 3: You have to be able to go up there and feel around where it is. You got to think about this, a doctor, you gotta think about go up there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Look look at the finger rocks and they showed it, you know, the sound effects. It was so nasty in there, like oh, that was the nastiest thing for me.
Speaker 4: Like if anything, all the blood and all that ship, like that was the nastiest thing for me.
Speaker 1: Bro the kids came out of the back, was like what you And I was like look look she was like that. I'm like he ran his as here.
Speaker 2: You talking to me now? Come to see.
Speaker 1: He was like what, I don't get it?
Speaker 4: And then I told him, man, it was coming like you're clearing the get the air out you. She's gonna shoot on you because it's not.
Speaker 3: A thing with baby lass like don't like newborns. Don't they do that projectile poop?
Speaker 6: That's why I've heard I don't not like that though, but you know what, it does happen.
Speaker 1: It does happen. But now I ain't never had one to put it past.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, she was awesome man, him getting on yes, stand him, Yeah, them shipping writing his.
Speaker 1: And it's not like they definitely that on purpose. They set that up.
Speaker 2: She's about to get him, about to kill him.
Speaker 4: My whole thing is like why they don't do that without mask, Like, put on a fucking mask.
Speaker 1: I'm putting on a full the whole get affected now, I'm putting that on all right, man, This episode ends with our guy flat mining.
Speaker 3: You left out another really important part the dude that came in that wasn't taking his his diabetes medicine. Yeah, Like this show is really trying to push these ideas so people get how fucked up it is.
Speaker 2: Like this dude is not poor, he's on the cuss.
Speaker 3: This was the most touching and important part of the episode because it was like they're they're making the point like this dude is not on the poverty line, he's almost there, but because he makes too much money, he can't get the type of insurance that would help save his life, so he would sooner die.
Speaker 5: The whole household make a combined money right about to keep them above the poverty line, therefore they can't get but they.
Speaker 3: Stilln't have enough money to actually pay for this, right. This is how fucked up America is this dude, he would sooner die.
Speaker 1: Do you think he was justified? And how angry he was at the gofund me.
Speaker 3: I think growing up in Mexican neighborhoods, when I lived in Sacramento and when I lived in Doraville, and becoming kind of friends with some of these people, I understood exactly what he was saying. Yes, because it's not just Mexican. We're like that too. We do not like going to the doctor, and there is a pride element. But yeah, I thought that part was extremely interesting, that he was just like, no, you put up a GoFundMe, take.
Speaker 2: That ship down.
Speaker 3: He would rather die than have the world see how fucking pathetic he is. Right now, he was taking half of his dosage because he couldn't afford him.
Speaker 1: He's like, I worked hard on Yeah. I was like, man, you kind of like that the doctor came up the other doctor came up with the idea of how they could skirt around. Good, well, good, it's a good part, and yeah it was.
Speaker 5: And the way they kind of walked into that slowly, you know, because he seemed like he just had a regular, like simple, you know, sort of injury. And then it became this whole big conversation and everything sounded good until you started putting numbers to it. Oh yeah, you know, we're gonna do a sixty forty split. He was like, oh, yeah, that's great. Ye go look it out, and it was like, wait a minute, forty though.
Speaker 4: Right, so tell me if it's one hundred thousand, we still got to pay sixty thousands.
Speaker 1: And it still was like it was helped, but it didn't help.
Speaker 3: Sixty grand to save his fucking life. That's how America is sixty grand to save his wall.
Speaker 1: You die, I said, or you die.
Speaker 4: There's no other lice, insane, anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Louie gonna die.
Speaker 3: I think Louis dying. It's gonna go one or two ways. Louis dying is gonna bring Robbie and Langdon together, or Robby and Langering have to get together to save his life. It's gonna be one of those two things, I think.
Speaker 1: I think that's what they said up too.
Speaker 2: But I hope they don't kill my man, Louis Bro. I love Louis.
Speaker 1: He like a breath of fresh air on the show. He is man.
Speaker 3: He's just a happy, jolly, drunk ass black man.
Speaker 1: Try passing the liquor store, not going in.
Speaker 2: How do you feel now? So I feel great? I could use a drink.
Speaker 4: And then he said what you want orange juice or something? Now he was like, never mind, right man.
Speaker 2: I hope he doesn't die, Bro, but I feel like they would kill him.
Speaker 1: This was file as hell what they did. What's it?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: We spent five episodes with Louis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that, all the interactions, everything.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why they're gonna kill him. And then just to put this man in cardiac arrest. It was a familiar I think that was That's probably one of the easiest depths that they could do. It's a familiar phase for the last sear They can't kill one of the doctors, it'd be weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And they killed the other black guy because that's the one boy almost had another on him. I remember he was like he wanted the black guy that came and he was like, I want to lay down. I want to lay down, and he won't let him lay down. And then he took his test and then his his heart spiked or something happening, and.
Speaker 2: Oh the guy had a cardiac or wrest back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was crazy too.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 1: They said in your heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had the little boy, the black little black boy had the stuff with the beads in his nose.
Speaker 1: That was yeah, that was that was that was possible. Yeah, put toys all kind of shipping those.
Speaker 3: You remember that Eddie Murphy thing where he put the what was the Star Wars action figure something?
Speaker 2: What was that from talking about? Maybe it was Richard.
Speaker 3: It was one of them that had like a bit where they were in the bathtub and they stuck an action figure up their ass.
Speaker 1: I'm making that out.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I'm thinking that it was I'm a type of action figure up the ass.
Speaker 1: Let me see what do click on their LinkedIn come up? Right? All right? So those have been the first five episodes of the hit HBO show The Pit. We will be back at episode ten to go over those five as well. We appreciate you joining us. Frank per second, we are out peace