Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to another review. We're gonna doing a season recap of The Boys season four, season four, the whole season, so Spike and Nick they review individual episodes on Patreon, So become on patroon patreon dot com slash uh FBS podcast. But you guys went all the way up to what what episode seven?
Speaker 2: I think we didn't do seven to eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, all right, Well, yeah, The Boys Season four takes place six months after everything that went down in the previous season.
Speaker 3: They you know, are working.
Speaker 1: With uh, the Boys worked with the CIA to assassinate Victoria Newman in an effort to stop make it over the government. Uh. She is moving closer to the Oval office, you know, under Homelander, who is trying to consolidate his powers. And Butcher only has a couple of months to live, so and he got kicked out because they tired of his line and uh, and they're trying to save the world. So that's pretty much where we kind of start with this one. What do you guys think about the overall season? Because I'm gonna try to breeze through these because I think, you know, it shouldn't really take that long to discuss in totality.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what do you guys think of the oh, the whole season ship?
Speaker 4: I'll go then, I guess I really enjoyed it. I didn't like last season, and I I kind of just gave up. I was like, I'm done with the boys. Actually, was it last season or season two?
Speaker 3: I think it was season two.
Speaker 4: I think you're right. I think it was season two. I didn't like, and then something told me to go ahead and watch season three. I don't remember much about season three, but I remember thinking it was okay, that was that was.
Speaker 2: With social Boy. That's when we got to introduce to him.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I feel like I needed to go back and rewatch the whole thing because I don't really remember, but I must not have hated it. But yeah, I think you I think I remember you talking about season three kind of brought you back a little bit more because season two went in a real interesting direction, and then season three kind of brought things back.
Speaker 2: They got season better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, season two was with the Nazi chick, right, Yeah, that was storm Front.
Speaker 4: Storm Front. I remember that. No, this season I really liked, I really really like it all but one episode I really.
Speaker 3: Liked what episode was that, the.
Speaker 4: One with you where he was dressed up as the other dude and they were in the basement an hour This is a set episode wild. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I liked this season. It maintained the one in season three, which I think with the better two seasons. I didn't like season two that much either. They kind of meandering around on a couple of things that I wish they had just got to the end of before the season finale. But all in all, I didn't have any bad takeaways. Like I liked it with this show. As me and Nick were discussion throughout it, like you get what you sign up for, Like they're gonna do the voice.
Speaker 2: They don't try to do anything different, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I think for me, it definitely started off then I had Nick a little slow for me, but I felt like right towards the midway market started to pick up, you know, as it went along. But the first and maybe it just took a minute for me to get back into this world. But the first two episodes, yeah, I was like, oh man, this is gonna be a tough watch.
Speaker 3: But overall I walked away and enjoying it for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think for me, I enjoyed this is the fourth season.
Speaker 4: I think right now one in three stand out to me the most is like my favorites out of the four. But it felt like they this season could have been maybe six episodes instead of eight, like if they, like to Mike's point, that one episode probably didn't need to be there or could have been just like a one scene kind of thing. There's some other pieces like with Hughey's dad and all that stuff, like they could have just like they didn't have to like kick that down the line for like two episode arc or whatever. But I think that where we where we started, where we ended is where like that holds up the season for me. Everything in between, which is was a little bit great. I think episode four was a stand out to me. I think when Homelander went to back to his home, like his hometown or where he kind of grew up, and that episode was really awesome. But I don't I don't have any complaint about how they ended because I'm excited for season five.
Speaker 3: H Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Episode one, they kind of start to establish some things or or remind us of some things, like we find out Butcher had Butcher has six months to live. The daughter, Victorian Numan's daughter has powers.
Speaker 3: All kinds of crazy.
Speaker 1: Stuff happening in that particular fight. John Kenseler shows up from The Walking Dead. Uh, is boy what is his name?
Speaker 4: Is the name?
Speaker 3: I know it, but I always forget it.
Speaker 4: I always call him Egan. I'm trying to think of it. Jean Dean. What's his name, Dean Morgan, Yeah, something like that, Like his name a real old school white man named.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: I think it's Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that's it. But yeah, I was surprised to see him here. I'm like, oh, they're trying to heat level up a bit now.
Speaker 4: He Eric Kripke is basically bringing like a lot of the cast back from.
Speaker 2: Supernatural and different roles.
Speaker 4: So he was a really on Supernatural before he was on the Walking So he was there. That's why they got the guy wh played Dean Winchester, he played Social Boy. Uh, the guy who played is it the President? The white guy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Bobby Singer, Yeah, singer he played on Supernatural. To like, there's a lot of people that you will see that like are coming from that that he's bringing into this world, which is I mean, so it's not a surprise that I saw him there, but I know y'all know him from Walking Dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, now I'm like you, Nick, I know was Supernatural then Supernatural and Deth for Housewives and of course Mike, don't look.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a random can't I can't even laugh because gras.
Speaker 3: Anatomy, Gray's anatomy. No, I didn't watch house Wise.
Speaker 2: I tried.
Speaker 5: When the Black Man I locked in the basement, I got out there. I swear, like, I'm not watching this.
Speaker 4: I still it was hot, so I can't That's that's my excuse. But it was out where everybody was on it, like I was tuned in.
Speaker 3: And yeah, wu I.
Speaker 4: Got about it there early, like Lu said, once you see the nigg in the basement.
Speaker 2: Man, and you got to like, come on, brother, do us like this? And nigga just locked in the basement.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and then we get introduced to Sister Sage, who is this universe is mister Terrific, who was a really super smart.
Speaker 3: Black guy in the DC universe.
Speaker 1: I think eventually they replaced him with another white guy supposed to be smarter than him, but nevertheless, he was supposed to be the.
Speaker 3: Guy, but he's recruiting her to join the seven.
Speaker 1: And in this particular episode, uh, you know, they introduced us to the whole Hughey's dad storyline story arc that stayed for damn. Then the whole season they brought back Hugh's mom. But pretty much the thing that kind of kicked things off was when the three supporters beat up they had this ride and they blamed the Starlighters.
Speaker 3: So so that was it.
Speaker 1: Any any key takeaways from episode one from y'all remember.
Speaker 3: How much can y'all do? Y'all remember from the episode?
Speaker 4: I remember the plot points everything, Like I know that when one of the three people that they decided to kill was mother Milk's uh his ex wife's lover, because remember in the end of season three, Uh, he was a part of that rally that when Homelander Laser being that guy to death. He was actually there and he was supporting Homelander on that. That's how he became a Homelander supporter and got talked into going into that meeting and stuff. That's just your say set up. So I knew that was important and that tied back to the boys. But I also found it interesting of like the Homelander versus Starlighters, that that how much politically involved and kind of like reflective it was about the times we're going to now. I felt like that was interesting for them to go through this season, And I don't know how I feel about it as far as like if they did it well, but it made the storyline a little bit more interesting as we progress through the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I guess because let's let's it was it was something you pointed out, So let's let's talk about this.
Speaker 3: This Hughey's that arc. So what kind of see we get out the way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit some of the major plot points of the whole season, which is probably a little bit easier to discuss. I think I'm kind of with you, Nick. I don't think I really enjoyed that whole thing. I didn't really understand the point of them doing that, basically killing his dad off. They killed him, then they brought him back with with this v thing. I don't know if it was to get Hue to finally forgive a train for what he did. I don't understand why they did this, but I did. I was not a fan of this story art at all or this, this this thing.
Speaker 3: It just felt like a waste of time for me.
Speaker 4: Damn, I say, like, you don't. Yeah, I liked it. I thought it was cool. I thought I thought I always liked his dad. I thought his dad was a really really interesting part of the show, and I never really thought that they did enough with him, but his dad trying to get a hold of Hue and then you know, having whatever it was, a heart attack or stroke after that, and then Hughie having to feel the guilt and then bringing his mom back and having to go over that. I liked it. I liked it. I don't think it. I don't think it overstated to welcome. They did just enough in the name, you know, got rid of it. So I dug.
Speaker 1: It, Spike, do you think they bailed the mom out?
Speaker 3: And I noticed a little real thing.
Speaker 1: It might go sound fucked up, but I gotta ask, do you think they bailed the mom out?
Speaker 3: Saying that she had depression?
Speaker 1: And I guess it was out of thoughts and stuff like that, and while she was a shitty mom and just instead of her just being a fucking shitty.
Speaker 5: Mom, Yes, they did build her out. What did she do with I forgot what that led to. Why did they even I know, hughe didn't like her, it was supposed to.
Speaker 4: You didn't like because she had she had the power of I think attorney over her.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was I remember he was upset about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they definitely bailed her out on being just a shitty person in general and blaming all of that on just oh I was depressed, Like yeah, I mean, it's a real thing. I'm not not people depressed, but like, come on, bro, come on.
Speaker 4: I think I think I think it was easy to kind of go with her on that because you really, to Mike's point, they did a really good job building up his dad, so you felt like, I think Hughie wasn't a good enough it would have been horrible. Was a shitty mom and a shitty dad. Then you'd be like, all right, yeah you could. You probably probably could have done something. But the fact that Hugh's dad was not only so good at raising him, but also kind enough to even allow his wife to have that privilege over his son, like you would think that he would have changed things up after all that happened, and then you could see that play out when he was starting to remember stuff. He went back to those feelings he had when he first found out, like he was really upset with her to the point he was like crazy enough to kill her, almost kill her. But it does show that, like he had to get over that hurt and he got to that place, and then it.
Speaker 2: Does merit to Hughie.
Speaker 4: I thought Hughie got over his girlfriend dying by a trant a while ago. I didn't know he was still dealing with all that and it kind of just played out to this season, so I hope not to hear it about it again. But it was a good point to kind of close up those loose ends about hugh.
Speaker 3: I felt like that they went with that angle.
Speaker 1: In order to get them to make up so she can be uh central parental figure moving forward with howing many episodes.
Speaker 3: They have left. If she was just shitty, they couldn't actually come together, and you know, because he was like, oh shit, I'm sorry about that. I ain't no damn, maybe I feel fucked up or having hatred towards you. Now they can basically make up because she wasn't shit, but and.
Speaker 4: She works at Vart still, so she could be used in some type of plot line down the line too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you guys give you give your parents a power v if you had a chance to save them?
Speaker 2: Why not not that?
Speaker 5: If I see what's happening in the Butcher and all of that, Yeah, I don't know. I gotta be something. You know, something gonna bad, gonna happen. So nah, I wouldn't. You don't know anything bad it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Who took it? And nothing bad happened to him?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What person is that that I missed it?
Speaker 4: I am trying to think who I got to do my research?
Speaker 3: Spot wasn't preparing for you to ask that question.
Speaker 4: Maybe starlight maybe starts on them. But I mean she was a baby when she was young.
Speaker 5: All the soups start taking when they was young at this stage, I'm not getting it to my dad because he was saying what it did to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kill him.
Speaker 1: I will say Mike that when they basically put his dad down, that was sad though.
Speaker 4: It was sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but I mean.
Speaker 4: His dad was was fucking people up. That whole fucking sequence was hilarious. Hilarious to me. He was like waking up in the middle of people destroying him. I loved it. Because he was just about the scheme on that nurse too.
Speaker 1: Oh man, let's talk about a train. Mm hmm uh a redemptionious story. I didn't know we would get. Why the hell did they try to redeem a train?
Speaker 4: Because he's the start of this whole thing. Hue wouldn't be a part of the boys if a tran hadn't a I'm trying to think of a phrase other than ran through because I can already he had never killed his girlfriend. Hue would never be part of this, So I see why they picked a train, and a train has kind of been I mean, look, he's been kind of disrespected this whole time, him and the deep but deepest just a punk about it?
Speaker 2: True? M hm.
Speaker 3: Did y'all like this whole thing with?
Speaker 4: Though? I like his brother cussing him out every chance he gets. There's only so much up with the fucking chair talking to me like that. He means for me push his hair over. He was gonna say that down. Hell to be fucking talking to me like that. And you in that chair, I'm gonna pass a lot, br I promise you you will be fifty miles an hour in that chair. Keep talking to me like I didn't. I didn't mind a Train's redemption because I feel like they didn't. Really, they haven't really been doing much with his character up until this season. This is probably the most Shane he's really gotten. And the thing is, it's not like his I'm not sure if it's just the acting of it or if it's the storylines that they write for him, but he hasn't been compelling until now to where like he's actually going against the system yep, and he's actually uh, he wants to be a super like he talked about that time when he saved mother's milk. He was like, the first time I felt good about anything I've ever done. And and he knows how they're using him. He gets talked down to racially all the time by.
Speaker 3: Who was the one bro at that party, Bro.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Yeah, talked about like it was just like, bro, like, how how can you how can you feel good about yourself at all?
Speaker 2: In this industry? At that job?
Speaker 3: Knight said, he said we would, He said we would catch you. He said, I feel like you would run away, he said, but we will catch them eventually.
Speaker 1: That ship was so fucked up, bro, How you tell this dude? Day and all he could do. Nick would sit there and say, I guess we'll never know. Yeah, what money that ship was foul? Bro mm hmm hmmm. But what about you, Spike, I mean, how did you feel about a train's story arc? I think it was needed because they underutilizing being he was the first suit that we kind of met when he ran through, h ran through your man's girlfriend, so breaking him back around. I think he battled with it too much though you would be a good guy bad guy, and I gave I get the background. They did a good job of knowing why it was a battle for him, but should it get off the pot.
Speaker 5: Either you're gonna do this or you're gonna do that. So I feel like they took too long with that.
Speaker 1: You guys really think Hughie forgave him.
Speaker 4: I think he had to. Yeah yeah, m hmmm, because he went to go steal V from Homeland his crib to go give it to him to save his dad. That's what That's why I'm glad he said it too. He was like, bro, this is even we squared out like laser being down right now. And he also helped him out at the ice skating spot where he did it. Reminded me, Mike, if you remember Spider Man, uh with the first one with William William Foe when with the blood splatter on the grid and he heard it. It was the same thing with Homelander put together. Yeah, where he was sweat. Yeah, that's like and he saved him there because he was going I thought he was gonna die. I don't know how he was gonna get out of that situation, but yeah, he he. I guess as much as you can make amends for that, like they're square down.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, yeah, I supposed.
Speaker 1: I mean a Trent did a lot of fucked up ship in this episode. He reluctantly had to kill the three people in the first episode, and I think that's maybe when he was like, this is going too far. I was wondering and we got the answer at the end. If sister Sage which is a crazy name to call her sister, uh knew he was the lead and it almost seemed like they were looking at each others like they were talking, you know, and the cold that black people talk.
Speaker 3: But she never snitched on him, but she kind of what who.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, She kind of addressed it at the end.
Speaker 4: She was like or her when when Homelander fired her, she was like, I knew he was the league. I just I was just using information to send to their camp, which y'all fucked up now yep. So like she because she kept on going up to him, she she dropped him and he knew they was dropping Like yeah, and she was. But she's obviously as the smart person that she is, like she played it. She used it to her advantage up until it wasn't. But I wanted to ask him, is her outfit made out of Gucci? Because I swear somebody, so that's that's how it was. I thought her outphare was made out of Gucci because like if I swear when I was trying to look at her her costumes, and I think that's why she also she hated it. I was like, did they try to be too on the nose with the other that's fallous?
Speaker 3: Funt know, do look like that? But what dody'all think about Sister Stage this season?
Speaker 2: That was a good character. I liked her. I liked her a lot.
Speaker 5: I liked the whole I know Nick said that her powers were using this, but I think, yeah, I think her being smart was good and when Nick and I were reviewing it, like that's what he said to it. But I think she did a good job of having like not a oh I got you power as far as it being her brain to how she used it, like we've seen in the end, how it came through.
Speaker 1: I think it's crazy that she can burrow out her brain and that shit grow back mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But overall I did like her. I was really trying to understand her reason for being on that side, because at times it made it seem like that she was against the system that she was working for mm hmm, and that it was a complicated position for her to be in because there was the black and then there was the woman part of it. When she was talking to I think it was Newman and I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It was at the.
Speaker 1: Party, and she was like she was understanding what she was doing and why she was doing it, but there was like this bigger goal in mind, and that she almost felt like she had to be on this side in order the temple down knock down the system.
Speaker 3: So I and is that did I only pick that up or did anybody get any type of vibes of that at all?
Speaker 5: I wonder why she was with them, like you said, but I didn't continue to think about it. I just took her as a bad guy. But I did wonder why she was on this side. Well, for me, I'm thinking about it for multiple reasons.
Speaker 4: But this is what I land on is that when she did talk to Newman about her childhood and her little backstory and how no, it seemed like it was just a story about like how no one's listening to a black woman, right, even if she had all the answers and all that stuff, No matter what, they're not going to listen to me. And it felt like when homeland Er went to go recruit her originally that gave her a purpose of like I could do something that you'll finally be You'll finally have to value me somehow, some way. Yep, because I'm because if I'm doing this and I'm orchestrating all this, then I'll give my validation that I that I've secretly been seeking but I never got. And I think we just and then throughout the season we see how she copes with all that, like when she does, you know, lobotomize herself, or how she does. I feel like there were some honest things that she was saying to the deep when they were interacting, like this.
Speaker 2: Is just how I cope.
Speaker 4: This is how I've been living, And it's hard to be the smartest person in the world and no one give you credit for I for one and too you never really can utilize it to your advantage because again, no one's gonna listen to you. So it was just like I felt like she and I think there's a lot of characters you can say that about this, but like they all kind of went against what they originally wanted to do in the system, Like Newman was a part of something that she didn't want to be, and then you see how that affected her in the end. Butcher is now more so like the guys he's fighting then hit the guys. The boys now people you talk about you used to like when in the beginning of the series, like I used to hate blood.
Speaker 2: I used to be, you know, be scared of it. Now I'm used to it. Like it's like a lot of.
Speaker 4: People have changed to decide they never thought that. I think that she's a reflection of all that for everybody this season. Yeah, I thought this was just like she got her first real taste of power. So that was kind of why she stayed with the bad guys. I mean, what was she doing before that? Did they even really say she.
Speaker 2: Was in a house full of books?
Speaker 4: Like that's what I mean? So I think this was giving her power. So I liked her character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting, but they used her up and still fire her ass and she still ran ass right back?
Speaker 4: Is that happened in real life?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: But she planned for it though.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's she's too smart to think that everything's gonna go her way. She was like, I knew he was gonna suck it up because you're gonna be you and we still got here.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, okay, okay, let's come to the boys. Did you guys like Frenchie and Comico's arc at all him with this coling thing and killing family.
Speaker 4: Not French I like Comicos. I didn't care about Frenchies because it was like it was like, this is the fourth season, bro, you you you.
Speaker 2: Just that upset?
Speaker 4: You killed all these people like we could have we could have handled that back in season two anything like to me, and then and then the fact that you sleep with the dude that you killed.
Speaker 3: It was like that was a weird part.
Speaker 4: You know what I asked you to do that That's that's how you make up.
Speaker 3: For it, just gonna give you pleasure for the Risk family.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. It's like it was just kind of like I didn't realize. Like to me, Camiko made more sense because it was like we finally got to see more of her backstory and more of why like she feels the way she does. But French, I thought was like, bro, you I thought you exercised again the same thing like with with a train with you, we were forgiving. I thought you already got that out. Like I thought we didn't pass that. But if if this is what we're doing now, And to me, it just seemed like they didn't really have much to do with Frenchie and Camiko this season.
Speaker 2: With more Frenchie than Camiko. But I mean, I guess.
Speaker 5: I like Comiko's I think it paid off at the end when she was finally able to speak with Frenchie's. I agree with Nick, it's like that that's the season one story, bro, Like you've been fighting for the good guys for the last three seasons, Like why are you mad now? Like Nick said, I thought, I thought you got that out, bro, So for that to still be such a major plot line, which it didn't work for me.
Speaker 3: It worked for you, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it worked for me very well. I think it explained why Frenchy has been acting the way he's been acting for the last three seasons, and it also especially explains why he didn't allow himself to go all the way there with Camiko, because he was battling something. I think them waiting until now to one reveal that he is, I guess at the very least bisexual and too to outline that he was a murderer and he's been holding this in for three whole seasons. Like if they if they told us this in the first season, wouldn't have no impact. It would be like, okay, I barely know you who cares. But we've looked at him, we knew he was three seasons. Yeah, but we didn't see it, and we didn't we didn't really get the whole feeling of he's been sitting on it and it's been weighing on him. So I liked it, and I especially liked the way they tied it with Comicos because yeah, I like her arc, but I was confused about was their sexual tension? Do they like each other like that? Then I was like, okay, well maybe they're just friends. That's fine, but it didn't make sense. So when they finally got there, I was like, oh, there we go. I get it. See, to me, I was hoping that they would have tackled this when I think she's Russian when his former the woman he used to work with that I guess she was the one that sent him on all those Assassin missions. Like, well she came back. I thought they were gonna address it then, because I always felt like French and Camico had some type of chemistry or even was gonna lead to something because they are always they always connected with each other.
Speaker 2: So I wasn't surprised by that.
Speaker 4: I just thought that they were taking us on a roundabout way of them getting back to where I thought we were always gonna get by bringing up this dude, bringing up his past and how this killing was, you know, really stood out to him.
Speaker 2: And then I did love the scene where Camiko.
Speaker 4: Was like waiting for him at the you know, the correctional facility and stuff to go see him, and he never wanted to see anybody. Those were good scenes, but to me, it was just like, I don't know, I just felt like, I don't know, I just felt like we could have addressed this at that time when the Russian lady first came back, when it first reminded him about all the stuff he used to do.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought we were going to deal with that.
Speaker 4: Then what season was that?
Speaker 2: I want to say there was probably season two.
Speaker 4: Exactly, bro Like, if they did this in season two, it wouldn't have had an impact.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think it had an impact though.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I think y'all might be on an island. I like, I liked, I like what they did with Frenchie. At least I hope y'all are on an island, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen what people are saying, but it almost seemed like they wanted to use that story to get him to Comico at the end, and the only way he could probably be with her is if he resolved the issues that he had with his past and make amends for that when he actually revealed him revealed that he.
Speaker 4: Killed because how could because how could she forgive herself if he couldn't forgive himself, you know what I'm saying, Like, I get why it makes sense for both of them and tied together. Just me with I'm just more so focused on French. I'm like, bro, we could have I would I would have wanted to see that earlier than now, because I feel like we only we only got one season less, so it's like we only got so much storyline to really address, Like I thought we were kind of get to the nitty gritty, like before it all concludes. Well, I think we've gotten everybody's arc at this point. The only person that I feel like has a kind of a whack arc is Mother's Milk, and I don't even care about him at this point. But I think we've gotten Frenchie's arc, now, we've gotten Hughey's arc, We've gotten Butcher's arc, and I think that they played it well. They they they broke down these arcs over the course of four seasons. If they rush everything, then what would they even be doing now, Like Frenchie and Kamiko would already be together. Whooped the fucking dude. You know. It's like, let's let's I think that they did a really good job of playing this out fairly slowly and I go ahead.
Speaker 3: Ken No no you finished?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm done. I'm just rambling that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seemed like Mother's mill roll this whole season was just to wear hip hop shirts.
Speaker 4: So fucking boring, y'all being too hard on brothers.
Speaker 2: And trying to throw his family in that to make it more interesting.
Speaker 4: But did anybody care?
Speaker 3: No, because he didn't go, he still brought his ass back.
Speaker 4: Would y'all? Would y'all say he is the who's the heart and soul of the team? Like that him you think you is? Yes, you think Mother's middle kids. I think the way they look at him, they've they've like you may you may disagree with the points like they they look at him for guidance a lot, especially like he's the only one that could talk to Butcher on a like on a on a real level where Butcher got to be honest. But a lot of everybody but Mother's milk for the most part, Mother Smoke got a relationship with Starlight, with Hue, with with Frinds Shee and like he's the one that kind of it seems like he's doing that's.
Speaker 5: Why Butcher's first, like the moral compass yeah, Butcher's Huey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all, y'all keep going back and forth.
Speaker 5: Took Uey took the compound B, which took him out of there. I'm saying, I'm saying I think he's the moral compass. I don't know necessarily as the leader, but I think what removed Huey from that was him taking the Compound V and showing that he does have interests that are more influenced by him individually than the team man.
Speaker 1: Mother's Mill spent most of the at least half of the season, reminded people that he was the CEO and they need to follow.
Speaker 3: His orders or leave. Thank you. They didn't follow him willingly.
Speaker 4: No, And if he was the hard and soul, he would have tried to help Butcher instead of just being like, okay, you lied. He was trying to help Butcher. He killed, tried to help. He brought it back, and he gave up on him. He's like, y'all, just get the funk out. You lie too much. By yep, that's tough love, you know, That's not That's not hard and soul at all.
Speaker 3: And he only brought him back when he had that panic attack and passed out. Exactly, that's what you like that job?
Speaker 4: Hey, he hit the he was he gave us a biding before. Bidy was the worst character in the in the Boys. I don't like him at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he didn't have a big role this year.
Speaker 4: He's corny. It's just like like Ken said, his only role is to show I like hip hop. It's like, bro, come on, really, that's what y'all doing. This motherfucker got a different rapture every single episode. It's so corny. If this was out in the fucking eighties, I would understand because he's like he's like fucking Junkyard dog or fucking what's the G I Joe guy that used to talking no no, no no in G I Joe?
Speaker 3: Wasn't I think so?
Speaker 4: I think so he's like him. It's like, bro, we're past this, Like, you don't have to be the on the rap guy. I wear wrap shirts every episode looking I like rap. Shut up here, it's stupid. I'm trying to shoot man, but I can't. His biggest his biggest art was get his wife to forget a white man.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: He ain't really he didn't really do ship. I kind of started to feel that way about Butcher. He spent this whole damn season talking to ghosts. You know, did y'all see that coming? Like that Kessler was fake LUSA LUSA.
Speaker 2: During our week to week Lou brought it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely, because no one was acknowledging him, Like, no one else was talking to the dude, and he would only pop up in certain times when, like Butcher.
Speaker 2: It was one scene where the dude kind of looked at him, like when.
Speaker 5: He cut the dow leg off and Butcher was, yeah, when and Butcher was talking to dude and uh, the imaginary dude and the other guy was looking at him like, man, who the fuck are you talking to?
Speaker 1: Hm?
Speaker 2: So that's when I put you into that. I think that was episode three.
Speaker 4: That was the episode that he had revealed niggas it was episode.
Speaker 1: Before that before but he was like because it was like, I wouldn't also.
Speaker 4: Ahead of the fact I wouldn't, Flowers bro No, I was no, because he give him this because he did call it earlier. That wasn't the one he mentioned. He mentioned another scene where and I think it was like he was like the first time they met. It was in that little uh uh like lunch, like like a little in the crifeteria, but it was only them too, and the lou was like, keep looking at how like how many times you see them just by themselves? And then like you think about it when before he went to go link up a Ryan, he was gonna give them.
Speaker 2: Cookies to to.
Speaker 4: That was a little.
Speaker 3: Coffee ship cos me crazy.
Speaker 4: You know what. I never picked up on it because that's a super lazy trope and I don't expect the boys to go lazy. I didn't think that either. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was kind of.
Speaker 4: I was interested before a half second and I was like, damn, I wish he was actually real instead of him being another fakement like he's the soda angel uh to Butcher's.
Speaker 2: Ex wife, who's his dead ex wife?
Speaker 4: Like it's kind of and then when you feel like you heard his real backstory, he's like, Nigga, I died a long time ago.
Speaker 2: You left me.
Speaker 4: I was like, why are you thinking about him like that? I didn't love this, And plus I didn't as much as I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I didn't like the fact that they just had him playing Meagan. They had him playing Meagan in the show and then they fucking fight clubbed us, and it's like, dude, y'all are so far what you've shown is better writing than this, and this was really cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't see it. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I thought he was real too until he cussed out the other ghosts, So I didn't see this coming either.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know. Butcher's wrong. Was he spent a lot of this season.
Speaker 1: Moping and whining and trying to decide he was going to be good or not.
Speaker 4: He had he had, he was, He's dying, like, think about everything that's happened to him. I think since his wife disappeared till now, like he went through a lot of ship. He thought she was dead. Then he found out not only is she alive, but she got the love child or however however they she got that child with homemade child child with homelanders. And then and then he as soon as he found her, he basically lost her. And then her last which was like, all right, raised this kid that you know was out of out of rape, and it's just like and then on top of that, you got to kill all the soups and then now the kid is is the first original born Soup.
Speaker 2: I think that's what we.
Speaker 4: Found out, Like I guess so that that affects him too. So it's like he's been battling through a lot and then like so like he's thinking about what is my last wishes gonna be? Like what is my last memory going to be? Like what is my last deed it's gonna be? Is it gonna be for the good guys or the bad guys? And he's trying to stay good. But Butcher's Butcher, you know, like he wants to fuck shit up, like that was his original player. I agree. I think Butcher's had a really interesting arc and the fact that he's now he's now become one of the people he hated all because he got wrapped up in Revenge. I think his arc has been really, really dope, and I'm really interested to see what they do with him for the next season. I mean, he's been set out this whole time. I just want to kill Soup. I want you to kill them. And it got so bad that I'm gonna take Compound V to become one of them because I want to kill them. And look at him now, he's like he murdered what was her name name?
Speaker 3: Victoria.
Speaker 4: Victoria. He killed her and it didn't even need to really happen like that. He just didn't because he's butchered.
Speaker 3: Did he kills the daughter too, No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she she went to the Yeah, she went to the orphanage that her mama grew up in. Now, he just he just threw it.
Speaker 2: He threw against the walls.
Speaker 3: He should have killed her too.
Speaker 4: I think Butcher has a limit, even even evil violent Butcher has a limit. I don't know, I don't know. That's how I read it. He's not gonna just kill a kid like that.
Speaker 3: Was I the only one.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out why Ryan was talking like Michael Jackson the old season.
Speaker 3: Bro it was so bad.
Speaker 4: Ryan was probably the most one of the most interesting, underrated interesting characters to me because I never knew what side he was going on, and we still.
Speaker 5: Know, I guess we know maybe now I mean him versus Homelander. But throughout the season, what you don't see.
Speaker 4: How what him versus Homelander, Like for as much as home one of them already like, he still go back to his daddy.
Speaker 5: I think that he's eventually going to just go against the ideal because Homelander want to be in charge of everything, and I don't think that he's like gonna ride with that.
Speaker 2: And I think you have a super boy versus superman type thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they're setting it up. I don't know how they're gonna set it up.
Speaker 1: It because I'm with you, I think they they're doing a good job of kind of seesawing back and forth, because you know, he accidentally killed the stunt man and he felt bad about it, and then Homelander was like, get over that ship, and since you don't give me my fucking milkshake, and then he went to.
Speaker 3: Talk to the Butcher, who had to.
Speaker 1: Change of heart because he was gonna kill him or whatever, and then he kind of flip flopped. But then Homelander kind of started to Homelander said, I don't want to force you to do anything, so I'm gonna kind of wait. No, he said, he didn't want to manipulate him like he was manipulated, But he ended up manipulating because when that little pervert he made him slept that perverb. But then when he got with Mallory and Butcher towards the end, he felt like they were trying to use him, and he killed Mallory and he's mad at Butcher.
Speaker 4: Now. I don't know why Mallory didn't read the room like this nigga is gonna kill you if you don't get I didn't think he was gonna kill her. I thought that scene was really really well done. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I was watching it like I thought he was gonna back down because he thought of her like a grandmother, you know. So I thought he was gonna back down when he shoved her ass and she flew across the earth.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 4: She's not dead now because like because like because the kn's point, he's been manipulated or people have been trying to manipulate him all his life and he doesn't really have any autonomy. The only one who kind of gave that to him was his mama. And you put the nigga in a and he he realized, He's like, hold on, this is a lid based room. This is this room, got stuff five kind of creast deep. I don't want to keep me here. Hell now, that they should just talk to him, right, It was stupid, yeah, because he would have listened if they just had the conversation. He was mad that y'all stuck me in a room and y'all were going to turn trick that to my will, Yeah, like trick me and then and then they and then she just dumped all that trauma onto him all that once like oh yeah, no, your mama was raped, you were a child rape like yep, everything like it was just like damn, Like he's still That's what I'm saying, Like I don't understand for two things, Like one, he's still I think under fourteen. Yeah, so like how do you how as a fourteen year old in any circumstance because they got powers and not can deal with that. And two he do got powers, So like how do you think a teenager or a preteen is gonna react to all that shit?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, your guys are not that smart, Like they fuck up constantly.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm yeah. What about Starlight and Firecracker?
Speaker 1: So I remember when you guys would talk about it throughout in between shoots or whatever. And I remember, Mike, you were saying, like they're the Repubb, the Alright or the Right were upset when they found out the show was making fun of them. I hadn't made it to the part where it was very clear as day until Firecrackers showed up on CE.
Speaker 3: And yeah, like it was like they did not hide this ship at all. Like I don't even think they used the alt right word this, you know, during it. So I was like, damn, but what did you guys think about? I guess their sort of beef because Butcher tried to he tried to blackmail her, and she was like, I would give a damn push that shit.
Speaker 1: And she sent the tweet and she went on stage, admitted to it, redeemed for the confessed her sins, and used God to get away from it, and then told all on fucking Starlight and said Starlight had a baby or had an abortion and just really just flipped the whole thing on the Starlight. It got so mad she would have whooped the ass. But what did you guys think about, like their underlying kind of.
Speaker 3: Thing that they were going on, or the stories they were telling between them two.
Speaker 4: I liked it. I well, sorry, no, I did not like it. I did not like their relationship. I liked Firecracker, that was her name, right, I liked her her uh, I like her being on the show. I did not give two fucks about her thing with Starlight. I just didn't care, and they didn't give enough, in my opinion, to make me give a shit. But I did like her being there because she represented something that I thought was a little bit missing from the show. I like how she became that new kind of female figure uh in Homelander's life, but the whole like, oh, you were mean to me when we did pageants. I didn't give a fuck any of that. I was like, that's it, that's really why she's mad. Really, that's stupid. I did like the fact that they try to they try to show humanity on both sides with firecrackers star like to me, because I mean, to Mike's pointed, it was a little corny, but it did show that, like I think you talk about this a lot on is the mic on like poor white trash people, poor white trash people have feelings too, and they those and those feelings can come out in different ways, you know, And for her you could see that. Granted while it still was like some stuff you probably should have dealt with in therapy, but like she still was hurt about like the stuff that Starlight and probably others, and like even you look at the seven they kind of treated her like that way too, like she was just a stupid.
Speaker 1: Another party when she tried to walk up and be part of the end crowd and Sister Sat was like, yeah, this ain't for you need to be.
Speaker 4: Exactly and so it's like you can see like there was there was a sense of humanity with it.
Speaker 2: Even Starlight kind of felt the way too.
Speaker 4: She was like, look, I know I was a piece of shit, not bad, but I did like how they did Starlight Starlight with somebody who didn't was going through an identity crisis. She didn't really know who she was outside of the costume because literally all her life she wanted to be a superhero.
Speaker 2: Now she's not now.
Speaker 4: Granted, like how they did it with the abortion stuff, that was one way of doing it. But I did like how she had to face herself and like face who she really is.
Speaker 2: Like I thought that was though it.
Speaker 3: Is fire Cracker double double on time.
Speaker 4: She doesn't shoot fire does she would have to be in there too? Oh yeah, right her powers. Really she's a redhead, so that could be because you know they call red heads fire cross that that's what I thought they got it from, right.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what he.
Speaker 4: Was, I don't remember she strong?
Speaker 2: Is she strong?
Speaker 3: They turned Ashley into the damn mascot.
Speaker 4: Asked about to be Mega mind this season five?
Speaker 2: Would she worked with or was she worked with the boys.
Speaker 4: She's I think she getting up working with the boys because wants to kill her.
Speaker 2: They did, but you know she kissed, they asked, though she said no, I can do this now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she right, Mike, you said you liked what they did with her.
Speaker 4: I do. I like how they how they have broken her down over the seasons.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 4: I'm in Joe. I mean, she she's a fucking she's a piece of ship's like getting it. And because I love that scene, even though I hate the Deep, but that scene where the Deep went off on her, I was like, yeah, there you go, there you go like like like that, I could kill you. Even even the dude that she was doing the the anal b stuff with, he was like, look, I was only interested because she was. He was that top sea.
Speaker 3: He paid for that and he became the league they killed.
Speaker 2: They killed the hell out of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the last person I have is uh Is Homelander, who I think I think Anthony Star is still killing.
Speaker 4: He's the only con Like, I don't know how he hasn't been nominated for the Award for this for this series especial how popular it is. But he's the constant like I don't know what the funk he about to dude, And I'm on the edge of my seat every time you're on the street. Because even when he was, they was trying to find the league and Sage was and then they were in his office and he just laser being the girl. When she said like, oh yeah, I did do this, Sage was like like she was about to say something else, was like she's the lead. I didn't expect him to kill like I was expecting him at least, like I'm still thinking he's following Sage's, you know, lead, So like he's just so uncontrollable that everybody's like damn, Like no matter how calm and collected he is, he could go off and you can't do shit about it. I like that about him a lot. I like how they're I mean, I think this this is why you know, all right and rednecks and that sort of just getting pissed off because they're seeing what we see, Like he's he isn't controllable, just like the police force. And I like that scene when she was like, well I did do bop and he killed her and he's like, I don't need to hear anything more. Like they show up, they see a bunch of black dudes on the corner. You know, they weren't doing anything. Well, I mean, are you sure when they're black?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Black right? They're on the corner right, you know. So I actually really liked that scene. I think it was an underrated scene.
Speaker 2: Agree.
Speaker 5: I think Homeland is one of those characters that will go down all time history because how the guy's playing it's it's so as Nick said, unpredictable.
Speaker 2: And you get these this face acting that he's doing. You're like, damn, is he fim too?
Speaker 3: Is it No?
Speaker 2: And then they'll just raised attention.
Speaker 5: Then it will die all way down and then out of nowhere he'll kill somebody.
Speaker 2: So I think that he is absolutely body in this row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a superiority complex, you know, and he is the most powerful person that we've seen. And I guess his son is writing next to him and the boys like nobody can touch it. So and he feels like he's better than everybody else on top of that. So yeah, he is he is when I do like him a lot, especially when he comes on because I'm with you guys, like I just like this facial expressions when somebody says something stupid or he doesn't like it.
Speaker 5: Bro he cracker was coughing, Yeah, look of disgust.
Speaker 4: That was so good, So keep doing it. And she was so offended because she really thought, like, oh, he bucks with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, breast milk was save.
Speaker 2: Breast milk wasn't going save. Oh that was it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I haven't seen him in anything else because I keep mean to look him up to see if this really like that because he has that that that white guy trunk. I don't know if he just looks like that all the time or if they did something to make him look like this.
Speaker 3: I just I haven't watched it. I just added it on Max.
Speaker 2: He wanted to show Threa. Know his hair is cut different, like he got a buzz cut in that show.
Speaker 4: But does his face look the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he do the same facial stuff that's not as well, not as well. He's worked on it, you can tell. But Vancie Season one is really good.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm Okay, I fun with him, man. I think I think the next season is really gonna be Butcher versus versus him. That's what That's what I think they're leading up to. But but they also bring him back. I mean they ended the Yeah, maybe I can see Social Boy. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's boy as powerful as is supposed he's version he's.
Speaker 4: Especially with the energy blast that he could give off. I think that's the only way you could kill Homelander mm hmm. But as far as Toe to Toe, they probably even they're gonna need him, and they're gonna need I think Mave's gonna come back because they're gonna they're gonna need her. I think the whole last season is really gonna be like this is the war.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be Ryan. I think it's gonna be him versus Ryan. Yeah, because Ryan, yet he's supposed to be as powerful as Homelander. Though, if I'm not going to be happy, I think that's what they're going to.
Speaker 1: It'll probably have to be Ryan and Soldier Boy or Ryan becomes.
Speaker 3: The new Homelander. We really, I really don't know, you got to mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I think that would be a really interesting ending because he seems like he's set up to be the next Homelander because they don't fucking they don't listen to him, they keep over talking to him, they treat him like ship. It would make sense if he became the new Homelander.
Speaker 1: And I guess to a certain degree we've seen it this this season more than any other season.
Speaker 3: But if we.
Speaker 1: Compare like his his what happened to him this season compared to what happened to Homelander, and can hold him up to one another, they're sort of similar. Even though Homelander was tortured, but he was tortured by people that were in roles that could have easily said no and walked away, but they didn't. They abandoned him and continue to do it because they had a job.
Speaker 3: He made. He made a point like, yeah, they were scared.
Speaker 1: Of him and they but they could have said.
Speaker 3: No and they never did.
Speaker 4: And that's another thing about that again, talking about the humanity and these characters, like when you hear about the stuff that Homelander went through as a kid, like you be like bry surprised the right, like that ship is insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, being in the oven and he was like yeah. He was like, it's still hurt. It hurt. Yeah, he said it hurt a lot. And then when he's.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know, man, but I like what dude told him to, Like, you could have lifted any time.
Speaker 2: The guy told him like, bro.
Speaker 5: You it was terrible what you would endure, but at any point in time you wanted to, you could have left.
Speaker 2: You're that powerful.
Speaker 3: But he's still a kid. It's right, like, at what point.
Speaker 2: Was he gonna leave? When he was five, when he was ten? Where are you going? Hue?
Speaker 4: They talked about his birth like he laser beamed out.
Speaker 2: Of his mama.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So yes, I don't know, but yeah, I did enjoy that episode.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we got to see uh staying stan Egger again.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that episode with the fucking damn compound sheep and animals or whatever.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: Hilarious. Vampire sheep was fired. Man, that was funny. As helling me. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, uh huh.
Speaker 4: Only the Boys. I can pull something off like that. I think another show and I'm like, all right, this is goofy. But the boys they make it to where you're like, oh, ship, they got vampire flying sheep.
Speaker 3: This is crazy fit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know, it was it was. It was definitely over the top. They had a lot of over the top stuff the ship with web Weaver. I think they went a little that it was funny.
Speaker 2: He kept shipping.
Speaker 4: I didn't care about that. It's funny though, because it was like, bro, if you are in a room with Homelander and that is your power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, y'all, y'all like this and Dale Joe though.
Speaker 6: Work, Oh that was fun episode so okay, but yeah, episode eight man just basically sets up anybody know how many seasons.
Speaker 4: They're going one more, next one, next season, last season?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so like they're doing twenty six. Yeah, that's when he said they're gonna come back because they're doing this year halfway over us is.
Speaker 4: This, Well, they're going to do another gen or whatever it was called gen V. But the dude, the Black Dude died of yeah, tragically, but they're doing another season gen V and then I think they're doing a spin off of like the early foundings of Yeah, but they ended the season really well, like this is how you end the season well, because I was legit like, oh ship, the Conico ship. I was like, wow, flying off, I was like, this is fucking a perfect ending, and.
Speaker 2: I love to think answer questions and still had cliffhangers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, like for Newman like in the beginning the three things like you're to your point, Like in the beginning season you want them to kill Newman, and then by the time they do it at the end of the season, he's like, oh, I didn't want that, don't want Yeah, right, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, homelanders basically in control.
Speaker 1: He's running everything because the President's get up there giving the speech.
Speaker 3: He was like, all right, that's enough, yep.
Speaker 1: And then he gets up there and started talking for everybody, you know, after he outed Newman, which Newman.
Speaker 3: Had to run and then she ended up dying any damn way.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, like everybody's captured, which I was surprised they captured them and didn't kill them.
Speaker 3: I thought it was weird. But I don't know why they just wouldn't kill them.
Speaker 4: That's been kind of a thing this whole show, is like why didn't they just fucking kill him and get it over with? But it did make sense. But I don't remember what the reasoning was, but when I was watching it, I was like, oh, okay, but I don't remember what it was. Now with Newman, it was like they could release her identity and her being the superpower.
Speaker 2: That's why I feel like she didn't kill.
Speaker 4: Them, right, But there's a reason why, like Homelander in them didn't kill them. But I don't remember what it was that I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I think Sage said something about it. I think she mentioned like, you got to kind of keep them alive for some reason. Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Fuck, but yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I thought Season A was a good close to set up. Now that I know it's the fifth and final season that that makes it even better because yeah, I thought they were gonna ride off into the sunset and get away and reconvene later and come back and figure out how to beat them.
Speaker 3: Nah Man, that shit did not happen at all, So they.
Speaker 2: Actually kind of they're kind of worse off than they were less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're prisoners, and who's gonna get them out Butcher exactly.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. Butcher's gonna have to do it because it's gonna be Butcher and Starlighter, Starlight whatever. They don't like each other. Yeah, well she had no choice because that little that fucking fake ass eleven was gonna kill her. And he was told her to go.
Speaker 3: Now hold on, bro, like you got powers, I don't have Powell. You're gonna leave me here with like you don't know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: That other girl was gonna suck her up. Yeah, she was nothing up like I'm about to I'm about to fucking fuck you up. And Hugh was like, nah, you need to go because she's about to kill your ass. And if I was here, I'd be upset and start like, all right, nigga, this is when your parents come back. You go scandato, now what.
Speaker 3: I need you?
Speaker 4: I I like the ending. I was like, wow, I really can't wait for another season. I didn't feel like that was season three. I was like, Okay, it's cool this season. I was like, oh I need season season five now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well any other thoughts.
Speaker 3: I think that's pretty much it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it me okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh wells Spike, that's crazy six.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well we'll leave it there, man, let us know your thoughts and we'll cat you guys.
Speaker 3: It signed we off Peace Peace mhm