Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to a new episode of the Frans per Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: We are here to review.
Speaker 2: DTF Saint Louis, recommended by Spike. My name is Kennethy, and I'm here with Spike. I'm here with Mike, and I'm here with Rod and whatever. Man So yeah man uh d T of Saint Louis another Jason Bateman uh special.
Speaker 3: I think is he on a bit of a heater right now?
Speaker 1: Is man? He is? At this point, I feel like I'll just watch anything.
Speaker 4: Anything, and I'm just gonnam signing. I've been like that for a many with him, though, you well, yeah, I've been for me Black Rabbit, yes before that. Like I've always liked his humor, even before Ozark.
Speaker 1: I like the darker side. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I've watched other stuff he was in, but the more serious sort of stuff that he's been doing lately, because he used.
Speaker 5: To do comedy more yeah right, yeah, right, yeah, I think anything I think he must see. He a list for me. As far as TV, I don't really know so about movies, but if he's gonna be on the TV show I'm watching, it.
Speaker 6: Is at least give it a show to.
Speaker 2: See him do, like a movie in this sort of new kind of space that he put himself in. I wonder how that would would translate. But now he's so far. He's picking some really good roles and he's killing it. But DTF. Saint Louis is a dark comedy mini series created by Stephen Conrad for HBO. Stars Jason Bateman, David Harbor, Lender Cardinelli, Richard Jenkins, Joyce Sunday, Arlen Roff, Peter scar Sarascar, and Chris Prafetti. Premiered on March first, twenty twenty six. So, yeah, so that's what we have. And it's about a love triangle with three adults in a middle age crisis and one ended up dead and they have two detectives that are on the case trying to crack the case.
Speaker 1: So, uh, Ron, how'd you like this one? I did?
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked I thought the performances were really good.
Speaker 1: I forgot to do. That plays Harper. You know that's his name, David. It's funny that dude that plays Harper, I said Harper.
Speaker 4: He plays hop Hopper. Hopper, Yeah, I said Harper, but I mean hot Hopper and Stranger Things. But yeah, when I saw that, I was like, oh, yeah, this this should be this should be good.
Speaker 1: But no, it was. It was. It was good overall. It was good. Was it a hard watch for you?
Speaker 4: It wasn't a hard watch. It made you feel it was. It was a it was a it was an interesting hanging, it was an interesting way. Some feel about it, y'all, y'all are dumb, y'all are dump.
Speaker 1: All of those things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but but nah, man, I thought they I thought they did a really good job of telling like a story of like love and and I thought that was good.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, this is this is really good writing. This is really good writing. Yeah, what about you make?
Speaker 1: I was. I was pretty bored for about four episodes. I was just like, what is Spike talking about? Like this is fine? But but he did say to be fair, He's like, I think you'll like the way it ended, and that is that is that's the case. If it wasn't for the ending, I would have thought this was a very mediocre show.
Speaker 2: Though, Spike, how did you end up watching the show? And I didn't think it was a good idea to recommend.
Speaker 1: It to me?
Speaker 6: Jason Babe it was Jason Babman.
Speaker 5: I saw Jason baban in the previews when we were reviewing something else on HBO Max, and.
Speaker 6: I was, I think the opposite of him.
Speaker 5: I liked it more in the beginning because it was more of a murder mystery, which was what I thought we were getting, but it turned out less to be my I'm curiously about what y'all, but I think I figured it out in the fourth or fifth episode what happened. I think I was pretty sure, and I was right at the end, But once the mystery of who done it was gone, it kind of didn't do a lot for me. I liked, to Rodge's point, the storytelling of like male friendship, and he was just a.
Speaker 6: Nice guy overall. I didn't hate that, but I was kind of bored getting closer to the end.
Speaker 2: Mike, you said episode six and seven. Oh five, six and seven were the ones that it was that.
Speaker 1: They got me. It was just like I was just kind of but then when it got to like episode five or six, I was like, Okay, well it's almost over. Because at that point I started to just getting a little annoyed because I was like, all right, I don't know who killed him. I'm pretty certain it wasn't Jason Bateman. The white cop whose name I can't remember, Uh, Homer, Homer, he was getting all my fucking nerves. I liked the black cop Plumb, I liked it. I liked her, but she seemed I can't I can't place it. But this seemed like the dynamic from another show we already reviewed, where it was like there was an older white cop that thinking, that thought he knew everything, and then the black cops showed up and it was just amazing. What was the show we just did was that Task Task where it was like the very unassuming I think she might even ball head it too, the very unassuming black cop shows up and they know everything and they're so good. I was just like, what is so good about this? I think I think Jason Bateman and David Harber are acting their asses off, but I don't think I really care about this story until the end. Then I was like, Oh, all of this had meaning. You know, there were metaphors here. There was a lot of ideas being pushed through this, which I didn't connect until the very end of the show.
Speaker 2: I liked it for both of those things. Actually, I loved the conversation that was being put out there at the end. I liked how they used the murder mystery and the other stuff intertwined in it to kind of keep people around. And I think they created enough for people to want to figure out who actually done it towards the end, and they kind of, you know, definitely made it messy, sensationalized it to a certain degree to get people talking with some of the things that they were doing. But I remember it was about episode two. I tested Spike and I was like, what in the fuck you got me watching? Like, what the hell is this? But Spike told me he was like he's he said I would like and it was gonna be messy, and he was right. I was definitely into.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was kind of like the what what?
Speaker 1: What did Homer say? Then? It was like, what the fuck is going on out here? But everything looks normal? What do you say? Everything looks normal from across the street or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, And so you know, I'm watching it in the beginning with the first episode, and you know, they're kind of setting everything up. Everything is kind of the story is told out of order, and they started to kind of put it back in sinquits us as it went on. But how much of an old ship moment was was that for you guys? At the end of episode one, after they introduced us to the two characters, they're talking, they're talking about getting on this site to go meet other people. They explained to us that the relationships and there there.
Speaker 1: It is not good.
Speaker 2: They're not having sets and ship like that, so they're not being loved, so they're going to seek it elsewhere. And then at the end of episode when we found out that old Boy is dead, was that was that old ship moment to kind of say, Okay, let me see what's going on with episode two that ship.
Speaker 4: For me, I wasn't expecting him to end up dead, So that was the old ship moment for sure.
Speaker 1: For me, I was like, oh damn. I mean, because you know he's an old damn moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, So yeah, yeah it was for me personally.
Speaker 3: Did they reveal what the DTF was?
Speaker 1: Oh? And I was also like, oh, that's what it is. This whole time, I did not know that's what it was. He never watched Jersey Shore, That's where he said that.
Speaker 2: All the time, I didn't know what it was. But as they were talking, I started the kids used acronym so fucking much.
Speaker 1: I figured it out.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 1: I didn't till he said, oh, you weren't familiar with the termin all. I wasn't familiar with I was so long.
Speaker 2: I was like, I felt.
Speaker 1: Like dumb. When he said it, I was like, oh damn yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that that that hooked me.
Speaker 5: At the end of episode one, the Mystery port, okay, like, man, he died, Like what okay, you know what happened?
Speaker 6: Who we meet off the site? So that was definitely the old ship moment for me.
Speaker 1: No, no old ship moment because when it when it kept popping up as a recommended thing on Netflix, that's like the first thing they show is him dead. So I was like, okay, well here, I guess he's gonna die.
Speaker 3: I didn't see any of that.
Speaker 1: Count yourself lucky, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, it was like, because I thought it was just okay, upset with you know, marriages, you're not connected as much, You're gonna go whatever, whatever. I did not expect it to be like death at.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, so I was like, oh, well, what then happened? I was like I'm here now, man.
Speaker 1: One thing I will point out is this show is very validating. I've been saying to myself and I thought I said it to y'all too. There was something about Hawkeye's wife. I'm almost positive I said something to y'all before.
Speaker 6: That's the girl, did Jason Baby?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you wouldn't know. Yeah that from Avengers. She's Hawkeye's wife. And I've been saying for years there's something about her like.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 2: The first time, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, man, I knew it.
Speaker 2: She's a free.
Speaker 5: I believed her when she was talking about the rocket exposure.
Speaker 1: I believed her. Girl right there Snaggett.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, baby, if you're listen, just ignore all this. That's my kind.
Speaker 2: I love that you're talking about so too. It's fine because we because like, the story is a story, so trying to you know, go through it, so you know, just talking about it as a whole as we flow through it is fine. You know, I'm not big on always having to go in sequendal order. But the episode two is when you were like, oh no, this's on her like she.
Speaker 1: Went after pushing it on bro babman face. It was so good.
Speaker 3: I was like, why are you playing?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 1: He was flabergasted. He was like, all right, that might make sense to me because like, how do I pick this up from day once? Oh? Yeah, we should go to a game together. Invite your woman. She didn't invite her. Man, you might you bro with the car.
Speaker 2: She was like, I bet you if you you're just touching and just start right.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm like this.
Speaker 1: Man, he knew what you know?
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, out right.
Speaker 2: She was left ahead.
Speaker 3: Not because he said something just exposed she was.
Speaker 1: She was, she was on her ship. She killed this. She was like, n had a little breastless showing too. I'm trying to tell you the second hawk I came home, I'm like, bro, I see what's uping.
Speaker 9: When she vanished in the snap, he was he was devastated. It wasn't about his kids. He was like, yeah, my wife, where is my wife?
Speaker 8: That bro.
Speaker 1: Fuck him up so bad he went evil. Yeah, I'm telling you, Nagget. I didn't realize that was her the same person, but.
Speaker 2: That's that snagger ship. I was like, yo, they did this. They did it so nice.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 2: There was no need. She had a beer in her hand. She could have just gave him one.
Speaker 1: Of them she had in her hand, had to.
Speaker 2: That was like.
Speaker 8: I wish up man.
Speaker 2: And I think they did a good job of like showing like Clark Forest the weather man, and then they showed how like, uh, Floyd can appear to be such a goofball and a funk up, you know, because he was.
Speaker 1: Doing these R and B dances and stuff and like that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he was a loser, Like yeah, yeah, I don't think he was a loser. I think that's what they were trying to tell us. I don't think, like I didn't look at him personally as a loser, but I think in the story they were trying to say, like life's tough for him, like jobs he couldn't keep.
Speaker 1: He was a interpreter, like.
Speaker 2: There was some jobs. I think he was going to do the financial training ship and he just found a high purpose. Yes, al and.
Speaker 1: He became really a well known asl guy.
Speaker 6: But that didn't make a living for them, that was the whole point.
Speaker 1: Didn't.
Speaker 2: And she had to be the umpire to bring money in. So there was a lot of kind of flipping of the rolls to where she was like even she had to take the bus. He was taking the car, you know, and and all his other shit.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: But I think they did a good job to your point, Spike a kind of portray him as a loser to make it seem like this is why she would want to go have an affair early on in the show. Unbeknownst to us, that's not how that ship really went down, you know, but they kind of set it up that way. But what got me, Mike where the damn sexual acts and ship bro? And this motherfucker said what do they call it? A? Wait? Wait something? He said, I want you to sit on my work And I was like, okay, he just talking to him?
Speaker 3: Mean that ship?
Speaker 2: She When that motherfucker was sitting there having a meeting, you're making calls and ship bro.
Speaker 1: He loved this ship. I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: He was into all kind of kinks on this show.
Speaker 3: I was like, I ain't looking up, but is that ship real?
Speaker 4: I'm sure all you can think of it because because the detective says it towards.
Speaker 1: The end, like like yeah you got this now that now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: People like all that ship?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, because she was loky, like I want to say what she was talking about the water scenes.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, it's a friction in the water. It's not as school as this sign don't work right because that's not true.
Speaker 3: But she did say that you said what she was.
Speaker 1: She was saying that she was sex positive. I thought that was cool.
Speaker 3: But what was like the craziest like ship out of this different things they showed.
Speaker 1: Him the show that position that she put him in my Amazon.
Speaker 4: That was all, Oh, my goodnait, that's not the sense Robot.
Speaker 1: I thought the sense Robot was Amazon. That was just him acting like Amazon had his legs up. Oh, I thought. I thought the same thing as Kings. I thought that's where they were calling it. The Amazon.
Speaker 3: Is called the Amazon. Oh, trust.
Speaker 8: Said Trust, that's how you get.
Speaker 1: Everything makes sense now, everything all your pause, all this ship makes sense up. That's how you get busy.
Speaker 3: It's not how I get.
Speaker 1: But I've seen it before, Nasty, when I saw this legs it's crazy, yo, That ship was crazy. And that's how you always seemed like he that's how you always liked to do it.
Speaker 4: Like it didn't seem like he liked to do it any other way. Like every scene was her just like basically on top of and like yeah, it's right. I'll take your work.
Speaker 1: I take your work. It's a cartoon. I don't care. I don't want to see that. You won't try it, No, I kind of want to try. That is vulnerable as hell.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: It was that ship looks vulnerable.
Speaker 8: No, I'll be like.
Speaker 2: Vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Put my legs down.
Speaker 4: That ship is crazy because I gotta always think about like if something happened in the crib, but I got my legs up, they could come in here and just sucking up with us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, be ready, kids, ready. I kind of I don't know it.
Speaker 6: Because the woman is in the position of power.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was thinking about the company, but delivering packages in the.
Speaker 1: Package all right, package off. That was definitely the craziest part because he was loving it.
Speaker 4: He was the craziest part with him in the closet watching well that's what that's like a way or something like that. Yeah, that's like Amazon.
Speaker 2: And you know, that kind of made made sense when they kind of revealed that because because another cliffhanger at the end when he signed language I know you're my wife, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm like, He's like, no, no, no, it's cool, it's okay. We don't know he was. He just like he was the nicest dude.
Speaker 2: I know, you're we found out he.
Speaker 3: Was cool one five or six.
Speaker 2: But when he first did I was like what Spike got me watching? But Damnazon, I was like what, you know. I was like, I test, you have to wait.
Speaker 1: Ship was like what?
Speaker 2: And Spike was like, oh, you ain't seen.
Speaker 1: Ship told you the wait. Things seemed tame to the rest of this man, because I can see I can see a dude asking for some ship like that ship sit on my face? Yeah, I mean, are you here mental all the time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a different type of sitting in your face. She wasn't doing ship, she had to.
Speaker 1: She was just sitting there.
Speaker 2: He just I think he just liked the fact that he can breathe or whatever until he started doing stuff and then she can concentrate.
Speaker 6: She was so cool with everything, Yeah, except except her husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was well, there's a lot of weight on topic, you know, like you're smothering me and she knew dude was watching. It was kind of a low blow. She was very mean to him, which was sad. You think she was mean. I think she was frustrated with him. I think she was mean to him.
Speaker 4: Well, I think she was very mean to him, even giving the circumstances. I thought they did a good job at showing the circumstances. Uh So one could say that, say that, but if you look at the stuff that he's doing, like the fact that she's umpiring is because he's not picking up his way around the house.
Speaker 1: I mean, she could cheat on him and treat him, but.
Speaker 6: He had the nerve to like be telling the umpire ship was not sexy.
Speaker 1: I don't think he told her. He told he told Jason Babman.
Speaker 4: He kept bringing it up. He's like, He's like, she so intermind. She's like, that's what you keep talking about. You're not talking about the fact that I'm out here doing this extra work that I don't really want to do, and you're more concerned with how I look, how it's making you feel. You're not concerned about my feelings and everything that I'm going through. So I thought that was good writing because him. Huh, she was still mean to him.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that, but that's what he's being mean as well. But sure, but y'all's favorite ship. Two things can be true. Things can be true.
Speaker 4: That he was he was the perfect man. I'm just saying she was very mean to him. That's why I like the writing, because two things can be true, you know, I'm depends on how you look at it.
Speaker 3: Really mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was episode four, and then they added more like, you know, we got the car situation, we got the umpire situation.
Speaker 1: Then him talking.
Speaker 2: About how sexy or onsets she is, you know, wearing an outfit and shit like that, and he was just constantly doing things that one maybe not look she would not look at him as a man, quote unquote, and then just simple things like in the beginning of the episode, she was like, oh, can you cancel the law lawn service because we can't afford it, and then she's having he Then after that, after he said, yeah, I don't find you setsy wearing the shit or whatever these motherfucker rival leaf flowers, and she just completely just felt lost.
Speaker 8: Part.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw they left the little bill on the Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they did a good job of kind of I think of kind of showing him always messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but but and that's why she was mean to him.
Speaker 2: But I thought the whole thing, this love triangle between the three three was like approved from the beginning, Like Floyd went to Carol.
Speaker 6: Now he didn't know it first, he didn't he signed a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just started watching until later.
Speaker 2: Cause I know she said he said the way they because they told everything out of order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I thought that when he said can I watch? That was later that I know it was later, but I thought that you thought it came earlier.
Speaker 2: Story. Yeah, I thought that it was all kind of like, oh, I can't say that as for her, you oh no, you guys are right. I think when he found out then they went to her and said, hey, he wants to watch since.
Speaker 1: He came here because he apologized to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, you're right. Yeah yeah, if that was the case, she wouldn't have been as aggressive as she was in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, spending fifty six fucking.
Speaker 2: You got a nerve to complain about me and you spending fifty six fucking dollars some fucking smoothie see and.
Speaker 1: Not even just the smoothies, Like she was going shopping and ship like remember when she came out with all them bags and stuff.
Speaker 2: So when was that?
Speaker 3: But after that was later?
Speaker 1: It was But I'm saying she was still pissed off because he was not canceling stuff and wasn't making all this money. But you out here spending money on stupid ship.
Speaker 2: But I think that was for to get some good stuff for her son. You still ain't got the money though, Well she had worked, say yeah that was later she got her check for umpire, but.
Speaker 1: Y'all still don't have money.
Speaker 2: I think maybe that was the money thing. He was all about it, because at that point.
Speaker 1: The money never got resolved. Jason started paying them, Yeah, he started. I missed that. When was he paying them? Oh, he started helping out.
Speaker 5: She said she didn't want to know about she like she alluded to it in the conversation with him. She was like, well if that word that happened, and that was that was for the life insurance. But they included payments like to help out, help out around the house, for.
Speaker 1: Him to help Floyd. But yeah, she was trying to He helped her too. Are y'all sure he was Jason Babman was giving them money.
Speaker 2: He was giving with like appearance to seemingly take advantage of Clark to get the life insurance ship. Yes, I remember then it started the flip to where Floyd was kind of taking advantage of Jason's kindness.
Speaker 5: As well, because the wife said, if you were remember like she was like, I just can't do this. I can't concentrate with all the stuff that's going on in the house, like always having to worry about bills and I always have. And that's when the life insurance stuff came. But also in addition to that, from that, she was like, it would sure be graded for help around the house, but I wouldn't want to know about it. Then he approached the husband, it was like, I can help you out. I can pay you money and this that and the third paying money.
Speaker 1: I just remember, I can help you out and figure out this life insurance ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was very manipula, so I think she was convincing him to go to him, but make it seem like he was like doing this out of the kindness of his heart, sure, and then actuality he wasn't. So he just kind of got Floyd to because he never wanted to do it anyway to lower his kind of guards about his so called manly I don't know how I missed that, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but.
Speaker 2: But nah, but what about the dude that he met on the Yeah modern lover, her lover whatever. Yeah, he kissed him and didn't want to kiss him.
Speaker 1: See this is what made me actually kind of fuck with this show because I was like, at first, I was like, bro, what not even on some HOMOPHOBI shit, it was just like what do you mean?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: But then when you start analyzing his character is so he would do yes because he does not want to make anybody feel as uncomfortable as everybody makes him feel or how he makes himself feel. So I was like, Wow, that's deep. He French kissed this dude in the streets just to not hurt his feelings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, I would have done that. I would have politely declined. I mean because I politely declined before, Like you know what I'm saying, like advances to kiss me being no, not that said not to kiss me, but just like I was confused too, not that I wouldn't judge, you.
Speaker 1: Don't I sounded judged story before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could have swell said that here like being working at mid y'all, I told secure, Yeah, so I get a man in uniform I used to get advance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be advances all we got your advances.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not kissing, nobody not. Nobody's been that close to me to try to kiss me. No, it's somewhere.
Speaker 1: Now. You work in Midtown and you're I just got the I just stopped even saying anything about it. You feel good about yourself. I did both you feet, they're gross. I did because the dudes in Midtown are forceful. Well, they weren't forceful. They just would just make comments or whatever. You're lucky. Yeah, they weren't forceful. They just make comments. It would be flattering comments or whatever like.
Speaker 4: Gray yeah, yeah, oh no, No one never touched me.
Speaker 1: No one's ever touched me. No, y'all laughing. But it's not a good time. That ship is not a good time. That's exactly.
Speaker 3: Before I know that.
Speaker 4: No, I thought it was like my situations. I thought it was just they would just saying slash it because they used to say, hey, uh, what's up?
Speaker 1: Dreads that that was the prostitutes, But there were like the actual you know yeah yeah, yeah, dudes that were just out in the They would be like, no, I never.
Speaker 3: Got your full yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think it fit his character. He was still in shock and all when he was leaving and you know, uh, but I thought it was admirable. I wouldn't do it, but I thought for the character, it just made total sense.
Speaker 5: It made since his character, especially when he when he I was confused, like you said, when I watched it in real time, but what he explained it, I was like, Okay, that makes.
Speaker 6: Sense what I'm looking at for him.
Speaker 1: I mean, because there there's certain things like like you're like you were just gonna allude to you would be respectful as to not hurt their feelings. I would be respectful even to the motherfuckers that weren't respectful to me. I would still be respectful because I don't want to come off a certain way. Now, if they were like can I kiss you? No, that's a bit much. But some guys, if they am not gonna do it to you, Spike, but they like grab your wrists, some guys might fuck you up for that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They probably was like, he can't fuck me. Get your little lass over here, boy, Amazon.
Speaker 2: I wish I could find that Twitter video.
Speaker 1: What Twitter video you got to see this ship?
Speaker 6: This was?
Speaker 1: But no, this was like that to a to an in degree of you just really want to make sure this person is comfortable. I thought that was dope, and.
Speaker 2: Even even mynel lover was like I knew he wasn't he is messed up because you know, you just want to get your rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but see that kind of goes to what I'm talking about, Like these motherfuckers be like are you sure? And it's like, yeah, I'm positive. Are you sure? It's like, come on, man, let me alone, Like you know he's not into that, but you still asked if you could French kiss him?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you know I think it's so now we're getting into like I think kind of like a bit of the core what the show. That's what I call a quandry was talking about. But before we get into that, did you guys like the two questions? Did you guys like the rap number?
Speaker 1: They did? I loved it. I hated that.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I hate I loved it.
Speaker 3: It was really good.
Speaker 1: It was it was good that almost ruined.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: I was like, that didn't need to be there, this was really it didn't. It didn't, but I liked it though. It was like what but I don't know something about it?
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I don't know because I'm kind of with you. I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was that bad. It just didn't make sense in the context of what was it. I was like, wait, what if that was a dream sequence, I might have been okay with it.
Speaker 4: I could just see them being silly like that, though, But the rapp was too good for this beating it was okay, so you could say, yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, that is weird.
Speaker 1: In this moment.
Speaker 4: It was weird, but they executed it really well, and that's that's what I appreciated about it.
Speaker 1: I was like this, this is stupid, but yeah, I gave it grace. I was like, man, you know what the boys like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the sense of the show and who they were and how they were because they were doing like silly ship, Like you know what I'm saying, So why not let them do that. We're gonna pass the mothers.
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 4: I like, like, sure, stupid, but it's the show. A lot of a lot of different moments like that. When he did a little gymnast ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was yeah.
Speaker 2: The d D ship, yeah, I did like it because when I first saw this, this is goofy as fun. But when I saw why he was doing it.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, ship the dance. I thought it was cool. Yeah, trying to lose weight. But he was also doing it for rap concerts. Yeah, because he wanted to be able to be that the best as. I thought that was really really cool. And she was crying. Didn't tell what she started crying when he realized that was pretty good. Yeah, yeah that was I thought that was really cool. Yeah, so he just cared about people. He wanted people to be happy. M I don't want to just sign the words. I want to like convey the emotion with this guy. Because there's that woman that was like that, that white woman. I don't know if you remember those interviews.
Speaker 4: Yeah anyway, yeah, yeah it was a black woman like that too, right maybe, yeah, it's a black woman.
Speaker 3: I used to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was getting never said they did they did? What did he because he was having sex with his mom and walked in on him down kind of he thought he was didn't he say something like he thought he was cheating or something. Yeah, Well that was just that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: The back part, The ba part was it sounded like hurting the mom. I heard hurting the mom or something like that. So he thought he was hurting, So I thought, but I feel like this show would have been very direct. I don't think they would have anyway. Yeah, they said, yeah, he just hit him in it, but yeah, you're right, he just thought I was hurting his mom. He just went in because that boy was crazy. Yeah, we had a condition after getting hitting the dick. Yeah, he had a condition all right.
Speaker 1: About Richard. That boy's name was Richard. Yeah, so a.
Speaker 4: Little around the dick, dick with a big old bat, so.
Speaker 2: Right around they started to kind of unravel and we were like, all right, so we know, Uh, Clark didn't do it.
Speaker 6: I never thought he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never thought he did. I started to suspect anybody.
Speaker 5: I suspected the wife after the smooth wife. Yeah, after the smoothie thing, I was like, Okay, something's up with this, but then.
Speaker 2: Not care of but Clark's wife because we never really saw it carried until the Yeah, she got the fuck up out of there.
Speaker 1: Like fresh prince.
Speaker 6: I thought the wife.
Speaker 5: And then for a split second, well I thought the wife, and then I said he killed itself, and then I said they got me.
Speaker 6: For a split second at the end on the last episode, I thought the little boy did.
Speaker 5: I was like, the little boy couldn't. They're gonna switch this on me, and I was like, the little boy did it. But then I went back to he killed itself.
Speaker 1: I never thought he killed himself till they said it.
Speaker 3: Really really, that was one of the things.
Speaker 4: I ain't mean to say it like that, but that was one that was one of my first suspicions that he did it, and so I never thought it until they said it.
Speaker 1: So when they said it, it fucking killed me. I was like, what it was just the way he was slumped over. I was like, I think he did it himself.
Speaker 3: It was something he said, got the little did it take for you to get to that he did it himself?
Speaker 1: Five? For me, Oh, it was just it was just one of my initial thoughts.
Speaker 4: After five, I was like, yeah, it was my initial thought, and then they started making me think it was the wife, and then at some point I thought it was When I saw the sun on the bike, I was like, damn, it's probably the sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of yeah with Mike a little bit in terms of like really towards the end when they started to really kind of unravel everything, because they did a good job of painting Carol as the person that did it. They did life insurance money. She was an absolute asshole, but then they started to kind of humanize her a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as well, I'm gonna tell you what they did. It made me think he did it is they never considered that as the police. They never they never considered maybe he killed himself. Yeah, and what maybe took too much of the stuff himself. So that's what made me think, like he probably did that. Shit, what was the fucking can you speak up?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: That's a that's a power thing, yes, like if you read sales books and stuff like that, that that submit that that they teach to do, like help people repeat themselves and ship like that when you go in the room.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a power thing. And I also thought that it was her like delaying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what she could think. This attack you can think too, ye, that.
Speaker 1: Was making me so mad.
Speaker 6: Could you speak up?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: And you heard you heard?
Speaker 1: He was like, thank you god, damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I like not racism, but I can't help but think racism, like you just why are you doing that? Terrible When she did to the old white man I was like, oh, ship, she's just the ass on. But yeah, that ship was frustrating the fun out cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found out a buddy of mine built the bikes for that show. Really while I was watching the show. Yeah, my boy, Jeff, I've known him since the nineties. He was like, yeah, HBO hired me to build some weird bikes for a show they're filming called DTF Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Wait, those are not real bikes.
Speaker 1: No, there there's a version of this bike, but this one that that they this is not a bike you need to go buy off the street. He's here the new show.
Speaker 6: Somebody got one of those on the new show that.
Speaker 2: Palmer was in.
Speaker 6: She got She's into like a little horror show on Peacock and one of the dudes is just like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna tell Jeffy said he was a liar. No, no, no, right now, Hey, jeff, my boy said the show lot. But yeah, I was like, what, that's crazy. I don't know how much he got paid for that. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is dope.
Speaker 1: That is dope. Shout out to him. The filming here, part of it, I would imagine, like some of it was here. Yeah, so much ship is filmed here. The only other part I want.
Speaker 2: To mention just for the record of the Danny's playing the Danny's play when he was gonna pay old Boy to give him an ariusal arousal as basically, yeah, you know he was, you know the coffee thing that thought was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Actually it was.
Speaker 1: It was I don't really think I want to do that. Man, when he hired that guy and then the guy saw him and just couldn't do it, and I was like, why didn't he lie? He's like, is that the guy that was supposed to meet me?
Speaker 8: Just say no?
Speaker 1: I mean it was in his line of sight though, and he said he nixed it, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: But he didn't know exactly what knitsing was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knew that.
Speaker 3: I thought he was going to be able to read their lips because he's as l but to do it.
Speaker 1: But I think it's only if you're kind of born deaf. I think I don't think regular people. Yeah he's not.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not that the story about him rushing out to say that kid that was about to walk.
Speaker 1: In the pool, I didn't really get that because that sounds like bad parenting.
Speaker 4: Your kid can't fucking see and you just dropped him off. What's the because he wanted to feel independent, what he wants to feel. I'm not dropping my blind kid off. I'm saying yeah in the right direction, like they just let him get out of the car, like you gotta act like you like you at least act like you're not looking, like yeah, go ahead, but you're still looking at the kid.
Speaker 1: I was like, he can't look about the parents.
Speaker 4: Like you ain't looking if you're dropping them off yet, like you're not looking at it. It wouldn't make a difference he can't see you, but make a difference for them.
Speaker 1: It makes a difference for them.
Speaker 4: They'll see if he's like yeah, he should act like you ain't there, act like you're not because.
Speaker 1: So he can feel like he's being regardless. He can't see you or here. He doesn't. He couldn't.
Speaker 8: You're pretending her.
Speaker 1: I know he doesn't know, but you know, as a parent, you know if he's in here.
Speaker 2: No, he was.
Speaker 1: I thought he was deaf too.
Speaker 6: How did he talk to him?
Speaker 1: Then he didn't? He was he was like I thought he was signing on his hand or some weird ship. Yeah, yeah, couldn't that Mocker couldn't see or hear. He could talk, though he didn't.
Speaker 8: Ship.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, walker was the only thing. Yeah, that ship was weird, the placement of it or them parents. Yeah, I did didn't make sense that. And yeah, because he said no cane and ship like that, I'm like, bro, you need that ship.
Speaker 1: I it was so weird that I thought it was fake because they kept jumping out of order. So I was like, Okay, that story just didn't happen then, and when the show ended, I was still thinking that show did not that scene didn't happen, but clearly it did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, So the the boy, Richard M I think it was episode six or whatever, had this freak out. He just walked outside and just bust the reindo. I was like, man, shaved that motherfuckerhead.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 2: Y'all need to check that motherfucker bro for the numbers.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm telling you flipping out.
Speaker 6: Did they end up saying what was wrong with him like he did?
Speaker 1: They did, but I don't remember exactly what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I don't neither do I.
Speaker 1: They did say that he had some kind of like developmental disability I just don't remember the details.
Speaker 2: Fuck damn.
Speaker 1: I thought it had something like something happened after his birth dad either left or died. I don't remember.
Speaker 6: I do vaguely remember them saying that.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah they said something, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to find but y'all, I don't.
Speaker 1: It was clearly touched.
Speaker 6: Which you think about the dancing in the underwi wash, Well.
Speaker 3: That's what screw Richard over was a bit much.
Speaker 1: It was a little too long.
Speaker 6: The scene was a little.
Speaker 2: I don't that ship was sad though, Like when Richard he said he did the I love you, he didn't know what it meant.
Speaker 3: I said rock on. I thought he said rock on bro. I was like, broh, my god, I was that was That was a lot poor Richard.
Speaker 1: But he probably forgot about this. No he no, that's gonna hurt him when he's older.
Speaker 2: It looked like he moved right on Mike walked off like damn, that's what that meant, you know?
Speaker 1: But no, that was sad.
Speaker 2: But I think I think for me though, watching this is like this conversation about purpose middle age friendship. It's like you were talking about Rod a sort of uh intimacy without you know that that men in this show were having it can't have without all the other all you gay type of stuff, you know, and they kind of playing around with it a little bit, you know, to make it seem like it was something more romantic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was. It was strictly platonic.
Speaker 1: No, it was cool.
Speaker 3: They did a really good job with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like even all the way up to the end, Like even though because you thought that it might was gonna turn romantic, but it still didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I thought it was cool that you can like literally strip these men down and still be a platonic type of situation, like he just wanted him to feel about.
Speaker 6: It wasn't anything nothing else, like I love you as I was.
Speaker 2: Willing to go to extreams to accomplish that, you know, to try to give him an arisal by, you know, put himself in that position. I don't know where he got all that money from, but he was paying for life insurance.
Speaker 3: He was popular.
Speaker 1: Billboards. Yeah, but that's a lot.
Speaker 6: He's a celebrity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he had all he knew the life insurance game too well.
Speaker 1: And then I think we found out in sister seven.
Speaker 2: I think it was seven that he was lonely, you know, because it seemed like he was doing all this Floyd and then when he sat down, he.
Speaker 1: Was like, man, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. That was a lot too, That was yeah. But yeah, in that final moment, that was the only time I thought he killed him. That's the only time I thought Jason.
Speaker 4: Bateman killed Floyd. I never thought he killed because I was like, Okay, he went there.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Okay, he's gonna he's gonna fuck him because the way they're acting, he's gonna fuck him and then he's gonna freak out and kill him. But when that didn't happen, I was like, Okay, this is a much better ending. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I never Yeah, that would have sucked, but but no, I didn't. I never thought that that was gonna be the case because he was just so honest, genuine about everything, like with the with the police department.
Speaker 3: He was just like.
Speaker 5: Everything he said, it was even in what he didn't say because he didn't want to ruin interpretation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, he was No, it was cool.
Speaker 4: I liked his character a lot, even even when he was saying like, he started off looking at the woman neighbor, and then he said, I started looking.
Speaker 1: At the God. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But again it wasn't in a sexual way. It was just like, no, I was just admiring the fact he ain't got no kids. I was like, God, damn, this dude is complex. He was a really complex character. Like I really liked his character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the show kind of tapped into those sort of male insecurities or things that happen when you age and when you lose purpose and lot. Right, you know, Floyd found a purpose, but then he was dealing with these other things that he couldn't do. He felt like less of a man because of the financial situation. Clark had all the money in the world, but he didn't have these other things at home, so he felt less than a man.
Speaker 3: And to your point, wherey like, in the end, we had.
Speaker 2: Them both in this very vulnerable, strip down positions, you know, and both were just like really open and honest and dancing with each other to the point, but his actions on trying to have him reach a place of comfortence of love and security ended up killing him because Richard came and saw that and it broke Floyd so much that he just took all the shit, drunk all of it and just died because Yeah, because he was just crushed by what the kids saw.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it was just that. I think he was ready to call it a day anyway. I think that's what made that part so fucking impactful, because it wasn't just Richard. He didn't have anything. He was uncomfortable himself. That's why he died with that picture next to him. When he remember when he was, when he was the shit, when he was that dude, and he's not that anymore. His wife is not interested in him sexually. He has his friend, you know, Jason Bateman's character. He has him, sure, but he doesn't have anything else. He doesn't have his own children. He can't even get anybody on a hookup app. And a lot of people will tell you, like, anybody can get something on a hookup app, but he can't even get that. I mean, from the moment he agreed to meet Tiger, Tiger just because he got a match, didn't matter if he was interested in him, didn't matter if this person was not his sexual type. He just wanted to meet him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they made it very clear that he wasn't even gay, but because of his loneliness and all the other stuff, and yeah, damn, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Richard was just the tip of the eye, not the tip of the iceberg, but the straw that broke the Campbell's back. That was the last piece. It was like, fuck, now Richard is disappointed in me because he just made that connection with him. You know, they had just started to get closer. And now Richard's like, nope, nope, you're cheating on my mother. And I like how they didn't even focus on the fact that you're cheating on my mother and you're being gay. It's like, you're cheating on my mother, and I'm pissed. And that was the end of it. And he was just like, well, fuck it, man, I got nothing, So what am I here for?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That ship was crazy, man.
Speaker 4: So today ever showed him saying the stuff that he said. He said to him, No, he said that's where he was going. Yeah, but he never got because he's so.
Speaker 3: That's what he was thinking.
Speaker 1: And then I'm sure that he can see that that's what he's probably thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, interesting, And he didn't care.
Speaker 2: He just told me to rock on and drunk the beer and continue getting drunk man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a lot.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it was a really good like story here in terms of like.
Speaker 2: Maw Ego and vulnerabilities in the CEA, et cetera, and packaging it up by using all these sexual acts and stuff to keep people around the interests of the watch the show to hopefully take away the deeper meaning.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it was well done as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, the smart show. I wish I cared more during the show. So yeah, it was a smart show. I was trying to articulate how it made me feel, but yeah, I was smart. It was. It was definitely a smart show. Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 6: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I don't know who I could recommend it to. I feel like I could recommend it just about anybody really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I would have recommended it to Spike. I would have just warned him that there's a lot of digs in it. Don't be a baby about all the dicks in there. But I think overall it's a good show, and I think it does push the idea of being close platonic friends without this romantic preconceived idea of sexuality without that even being involved. Even though I don't think Jason Bateman was a good friend, I don't not he was his wife, I forgot, but they kind of they kind of brushed that aside. Once Floyd wants to watch, what was his not saying that there's any reasoning for but what was his? What was his reason and what made him just go? Because it wasn't anything at home? He wasn't he didn't feel comfortable at home.
Speaker 4: But did she say something to him, like about Floyd to make him to make him in like, okay, well I guess we can't go through with this. No, it wasn't anything never never it was it started off from a selfish act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it might not have been. She just didn't talk about from from his sample to hers, from his Stampa. He wanted to. He just didn't feel like he was getting He felt empty. And I think that's that's what we learned at the end, is he didn't feel fulfilled. So I think he was just trying to find something to make him feel fulfilled. But he used his friend's wife to get that.
Speaker 2: So and then developed a closer friendship with Floyd in the meantime, they just met at Carnhole and she was more aggressive, but I don't even think they were really really close friends then righted.
Speaker 6: Afterwards, Yeah, she was giving him attention he didn't wasn't getting as well. Yet.
Speaker 1: I think they could have done a slightly better job pushing that point, because again, we got nothing out of Jason Bateman's wife. I mean, that could have been intended to be like, well, the audience didn't get anything, so what do you think he got? I don't know, but they could have pushed that idea a little bit harder.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, when it's all said and done, it's a tragic story from his perspective, because that emptiness was still there, which is why he walked to the empty house and they showed him with the empty swing and him swinging up stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So that was good. Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 3: He lost the one thing that he finally founded, this old age, the one.
Speaker 1: Person that saw real value in him killed himself. Yep, damn. Yeah, it's a lot to get to that last episode. But in that last episode, didn't happen this show, I would not care about the show at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't messy for messy sakes. You know, I think it was a purpose and I think a show like this, with a story like this, you kind of have to find ways to keep people interested. I think it did it, and I think you know, it was it week to week Spike, Yeah, yeah, so it's enough for people to talk about the show and keeping everybody watching. And then kind of landed at landed plane at the end. So yeah, so sex robot last thing I got nobody doing the sex robot.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, that shit was it might be fun.
Speaker 1: Maybe you being a boss I stay in the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They did a lot of freaky said he was like a pool boy at one point. Oh yeah yeah, the pool pool boy, sexy pool boy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: It was like she said, you don't even know how to you don't how to clean up something like that. She seems like a humiliated, humiliating him episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was interesting though. She played the hell out of her part.
Speaker 8: She did.
Speaker 3: She played.
Speaker 1: What Spike you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, man, let us know what you guys think about this? This uh the DT of Saint Louis man and we'll catch you guys. That's time we off piece.
Speaker 1: What he said, down the funk I was like