Speaker 1: The frames per second podcast.
Speaker 2: What's going on in boy? Nick? I'm here with Kenneth by Holo Modest Media. You know, whatever, man, what's going on? And I am Spike Lou What up? Though? What's going on? You?
Speaker 3: You pretty much did and everything? So I ain't gotta give you no intros on all the other We can say that for the commercials in between this. You now tune into the France for a second podcast and we are beginning. Are I believe there are weekly recaps? You know our schedule been messed up. Uh, they gonna be week now.
Speaker 4: We're gonna doc say, we're gonna do four and four. We're gonna do two episodes this forward and then the last one.
Speaker 2: Oh for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well then we are going to do it one part of one part of the part recap of season two of the Is.
Speaker 2: It a hit can? Yes? I think it is still I know season one was it? Well?
Speaker 5: I mean I hear people still talking about it. We'll get into it. But what I was going it's definitely.
Speaker 3: Of the pending hits original series from Hulu starring Sterling K. Brown, titled Paradise. This recap will be dedicated to episodes one through four, So obviously we're not gonna have enough time to go into too much detail but cover the main basics of it, So just to go ahead and get started. This episode was titled Graceland, and we start off not jumping right back to where we left off Xavier last season, but with a new character named Annie, and we get to witness her childhood to adult life in the season premiere. Lou, what did you think of Annie's upbringing and her relationship with her mother?
Speaker 4: It was interesting. I didn't know where they would take us with these new characters. They started off in a totally different place, which kind of irritated me, But I mean they made it interesting enough for a first episode without of any of the main characters. But I liked Annie. I liked the whole Graceland thing or introduction what happened to her mom and was compelling.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was here for Rod. Was you nervous about how they started the season off?
Speaker 6: I was, well, Okay, nervous isn't the right word. I was like, Okay, they just dropped us into another character. We already have all these other established.
Speaker 7: Characters at this point, so I was like, Okay, why are they doing this? But I quickly was just like, you know.
Speaker 6: What, I'm not gonna question paradise because they do this and they're really good at it, and I know they're gonna find a way.
Speaker 2: To bring this, bring this home and back around.
Speaker 6: So it was like a fleeting thought of like concern, but then I was just like, yeah, they're not They're not gonna do that.
Speaker 7: They gonna they're gonna bring this home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you think of Annie?
Speaker 5: I don't think too much of Annie Nick, And to be honest with you, you know, we spent the whole episode with her, and most of what I thought about her was pretty negative, so you know, but she got us where we needed to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she def did recap on Annie.
Speaker 3: Annie grew up in the I don't know, I don't even know what's it, a fucked up household, r I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just her mama was just sick. That was it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think your mom was just sick. And it didn't seem like she I mean, she's white, she didn't come from home bad.
Speaker 7: He had a rough life.
Speaker 3: Got you, got you? Yeah, we just basically see her mama sick. She used to be real smart, but that she I don't know, got a mental illness problem.
Speaker 2: They just dropped that in there. They don't even really tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: And she loves Elvis Presley, which was what she passed on to her daughter was a bunch of You.
Speaker 5: Know, Nick, I feel like you could say that about anybody, man, But if you would the new one back in the day, he sure was smart.
Speaker 2: You know, we can't verify it.
Speaker 3: We don't know no proof if snowfall was real. Leon's saying that about to somebody in South Africa right now.
Speaker 2: I used to know a nigga that was dumb, smart man.
Speaker 3: But but Lou I wanted to talk to you real quick because we jump a decade plus later, right after seeing her mom pass away when she was a kid. And Annie's trying to be in a medical field just like her, but we see she got too much anxiety and trauma from dealing with her past. What did you think about her career switch and us and her uh, come to Jesus moment from a security guard.
Speaker 2: You want mute?
Speaker 4: Going from a doctor to a Elvis Was it Graceland tour gap? It got to be one of the biggest career flips in the history of career flips. I didn't think it made sense. I was wondering why they were using that to tell this story because a lot of the things I feel like she could have did, and I don't even think it paid off. It wasn't even interesting that she's in Graceland and likes Elvis. But what I do see, I do no way it paid off, But it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't interesting. It was a goofy way of getting there. It was really goofy. Ken, what did you think of Annie and Gail's relationship.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 5: Gail should have been smarter than what she was, and you know, it definitely cost her.
Speaker 2: This girl was.
Speaker 5: Sitting outside of your spot crying, saying she dropped out of middle school school and all that she's working there, And I mean, you almost had no choice and you basically entrust her with your life, which didn't work out for the best. I think, in all honesty, it was a really good career switch for her, because she wasn't really that damn good.
Speaker 2: When she was in there and she was panicking wrong. She was like, nah, I'm out of here.
Speaker 5: So for her to become a security guard or a tour guy working there that has sentimental attachment and you know to her because that's where my mom, you know, that's where she used to go for a mom. You know, made a lot of sense. It was stupid as hell. You know, it made sense. It made sense for them to try to write it that way. But it's stupid as hell because when it's a security guard able to give somebody a job, if you the.
Speaker 2: Only security guard, then I could think of like.
Speaker 3: You your words and gotta recommend he got more pooled.
Speaker 5: All right, she'll hire manager now, okay.
Speaker 2: But to me, were gonna get to what Ken was talking about. But to me, when we.
Speaker 3: See we see Ann and Gale's any and gals relationship, a lot change, especially uh once the whole world ending event happens. Rob, What did you think about their relationship as things turned crazy?
Speaker 7: Well, first, I thought it was cool to see the lady that plays girl. Y'all, she seems to be she's on social media. Name is Angel. I didn't know she was an action didn't know she was an actor, but I don't know, y'all might have saw some of her clips on social media. She be doing like like those challenges with her husband. He a tall light skinned, dude, sometimes not as challenges.
Speaker 2: That's not my algorithm. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, they'd be doing like like.
Speaker 6: Like a couple of challenges and stuff like or whatever. But nah, yeah, I was like, that's that's that lady. I had no idea that she that was a prominent role that she had in this in this episode, but I didn't I didn't mind. I didn't mind the set up. I didn't mind the set up because they already had saying that her mother was into Elvis Presley.
Speaker 2: We already know.
Speaker 6: That, uh that old boys life.
Speaker 2: It's into Elvis Presley from last.
Speaker 7: Seak, like we like.
Speaker 6: So I feel like they kind of tied those two things together. So I thought that was an interesting way to kind of tie.
Speaker 2: The two worlds together. Her wife was into it.
Speaker 6: That, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they named daughter Pressley or something like that.
Speaker 2: Then they daughter Pressley. Yeah, like she she's into Elvis as well.
Speaker 7: So I thought that was a cool, like little little tie.
Speaker 2: I forgot all about.
Speaker 1: That too, I forget exactly.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I thought that was a cool tie.
Speaker 6: But but I thought, I mean, she was able to save her life for as long as it you know, until until it wasn't until it wasn't because she would.
Speaker 2: Have died immediately. Well I won't say she would have died.
Speaker 6: Immediately, but it's more than likely the eyes of her dying before it would have been high or whatever. The probability would have been high. So I thought, I thought it was fine. She said, you know, she kind of gave her neighbor some hope.
Speaker 2: Man Lou rides over here, putting a lot of sugar on this. What's Gail goofy? You sail in this episode?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 3: Especially how especially when led to her dying. That's the blackest death I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: The stairs after turn it off, the off, turned off the light.
Speaker 8: Steps.
Speaker 2: You've been up and down for years because you worked there. I ain't.
Speaker 4: I didn't get why I got that infected, though, I'm with Ken too on that about the what's what?
Speaker 2: The other girl named Annie? You know her? Doctor Lou are yes, what I'm saying, are you seriously? Did you guys to fix.
Speaker 4: I didn't see my man on the pit do worse than that, Like I did see him get down on some ship.
Speaker 3: So Lou, she fell, She busted her ass old school. She was probably I don't know, I know her age appropriately, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Passing the show.
Speaker 3: She's late thirties, early forties, general generalized, falling down that long ass flight of steps in the dark, and she's a I ain't gonna go that far. Let's just say she's she's in a position to where she can get hurt easily. In that situation, of course, it's gonnaetfected. She probably broke he shit in the bone. Stick it out, That's.
Speaker 2: Probably what happened. But she ali asked, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: She showed it's gonna be all right, it's gonna be better.
Speaker 2: It was forty days later and shit was still fucked up. I'm like, br uh uh, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 8: She was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wasn't super old, so I'm not surprised she made it for a while.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, it was like, I don't think this is gonna heal. My nigga like said, whatever you did, it worked works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she killed her what it worked? Okay.
Speaker 3: We didn't see and Annie be by herself for a while until some strangers come through to the museum and it was like ship she was about to hit the fan. At least how they approached it pros like it was walking dead. I didn't know what was going on. And then Rod, I know when when she got underneath that bed and ship, he was act like, oh yeah, she must have jumped out the window when he dragged her out. I'm like, bro, he was a kind motherfucker. You ain't dragging nobody out from under the baby.
Speaker 2: If you're a kind.
Speaker 3: Nigga, Like, you're not dragging nobody out front of the bed. If you're like if you're saying like, oh, I'm a kind visitor, like you go knock on the door, at least you know what I'm saying, and out yourself. They busted through her ship, Yeah, I mean, well they didn't know she was there, you know.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, I'm gonna say when he was, ain't know who was that.
Speaker 4: They were giving off like we ain't here to hurt you though, Like they made it pretty obvious she was overreacting.
Speaker 2: That was obvious to me.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I didn't know because it was walking deadish. I never I didn't think about it, like what this feels. This feels like sketchy.
Speaker 2: Because it's like, are they are they kind people? Are they nine?
Speaker 6: So the whole time, like for the longest I was I didn't know. I honestly didn't know. I didn't know if they was on an up and up or night because some of them looked sketchy if some of them didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't think they was heard her.
Speaker 4: When they let her stay in the room and they ain't trying to break the dough down and no ship like that, It's like you want to like yourself in the room for three days, I still.
Speaker 6: Didn't trust it. I thought it was playing a long game. I thought it was something like I thought. I thought they was going to try to rape her. I had so many thoughts to head when when when I saw all of those dudes and this one lady and we basically in apocalypse right now, and I'm like, well, damn, is it any women out there? So they're like, damn, we finally find a woman. Let's let's let's butter her up. You know what I'm saying, Let's get un comfortable, you know what I'm I had all kind of messed up thoughts in my head, like I was just like, man, what are they gonna do to this lady?
Speaker 2: Hey? Now, Rod, I'm with you to brother. My mind went dark. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm TV has programmed me this way because that's all the ship that I watched. But like, yeah, I was like, bro, especially when we meet Link, I'm thinking about he the ring leader.
Speaker 2: He come off fast here, he'll stab you in the back.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 2: Ken, what did you think of uh the crew that pulled up and Link?
Speaker 5: I mean, I pretty much echo what you guys are saying. I mean, you know, they didn't look very trustworthy. And when they got around and was sitting around the dinner and stuff like that, I was like, Oh, here you go, she's gonna be on that on that on that table with an apple in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Goddamn cannibals or something. Ken, I was like, why is she eating and drinking? Like you know what I'm saying. They could be putting all kinds of ship that both I know.
Speaker 1: I know, mm, but.
Speaker 2: Other ideas and that's crazy. I'm surprised you didn't think.
Speaker 4: That at the very beginning when they seen them like military and through the gate. But once she locked herself in the room and they left her alone and got onto what they was doing, I feel like they weren't there to harm her.
Speaker 7: I do feel like at some point they were they were becoming more and more trustworthy right when she came out and she was eating the bacon and all that type of.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and they introduced herself.
Speaker 6: At that point, sure, I think I started kind of letting off on the thoughts, but they still were there.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what, I don't know, man, I just don't know. I don't know for sure yet I won't know it too. Yeah, yeah, I didn't trust I didn't trust them at all until they left. I thought they was until they left they good guys.
Speaker 7: I still had a little bit of that tooth like. I mean, I still a little bit there too.
Speaker 6: I can't say I was fully one hundred percent like, oh yeah, I was until after they left.
Speaker 2: I was only skeptical, skeptical of them lying.
Speaker 4: I thought they was lying about their purpose and their reasoning for what they was doing and what they was looking to do. I thought someone was gonna come from the cars they were taking apart. I just thought they were lying about that. I didn't think they was gonna hurt her though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was my thing.
Speaker 3: Was like, more about like what And I asked, both y'll this was this story that they told her, at least Link told her believable, you know what I'm saying, Like it seemed like off rip they were coming up there for like sinister plans. But then when they're talking about it, like, oh, we're trying to shut down these nuclear reactors before they really blow up the world, and some other ship on the side as a bunker that niggas don't know about. It's kind of like if you were to hear that from somebody out of nowhere, would you believe that story?
Speaker 4: That's what I was talking about, Like I just I would have been like, nigga, y'all would go to how many states and do what the nuclear reactors?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 2: You got to cast the King of the hill with you. You think this is crazy? So now I definitely wouldn't believe that.
Speaker 4: What I didn't get though, then the flood come, Like how was all of that stuff still as pristine as it was because it had just been that long two three years. I feel like there was too much stuff still in place for that big ass flood that came, Like the house are you talking about the area, and so just like how the cars were still like in shape? Kind of like I thought I was king the depression that more flooded than it did. But I guess maybe it didn't make it the Memphis how they made it scene When that lady was giving the report last year, she was like, I'm on the highest level and she still got hit. By the way, I thought it would be more damage, would have cleaned up Memphis.
Speaker 2: Basically, he said, it looked like that now, right, exactly looked likes.
Speaker 3: Not that was like three years. Any place that's been like three years. The flood ain't gonna be that high for that long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was four hundred some days, I think, Yeah, before people came around.
Speaker 3: But it was interesting that the house and like you said, the establishment was in the place. I'm not sure you know, every place probably got hit differently. It was just fucked up from last season. We've seen that this motherfucker was on the eightieth floor and the and the wave was bigger than that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that put that building probably still intact.
Speaker 6: Same thing, Like, I mean, it's Elvis Presley's house, so we got to just think like Elvis Personley probably, I mean, he had a bunker that could that could survive something like this. So that's that's how I kind of took it. I mean, she was at Elvis Presley's house probably the finest material, like that ship ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's why he said Memphis ain't built like that.
Speaker 4: Kid.
Speaker 2: She was probably the second place for Memphis.
Speaker 7: She was in the safest.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 7: Elvis Presley home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the house just got never mind, we got to move off.
Speaker 2: At the Elvis. Joe ready to go, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Rod.
Speaker 2: I always think about this whenever I'm watching something like, I'm like, where's the love story? Where's love story? Rod always says, it's a love story in something, and we see it's.
Speaker 3: Between Lincoln Andy and obviously they get closer than Nigga even clean himself up.
Speaker 2: Lou, he ain't touched the razor in about three years.
Speaker 8: You change no life.
Speaker 2: Look, why does Nigga cut his beard or she couldn't shave her underarm hair? Bro Hey, hey, Lou, I'm asking us here. She wolfing it like i'ma ask you this one time. That's the first place you had in three years? Do you care? You don't get don't you care?
Speaker 8: And it was a little bit.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like she had Bushwick bill underneath that, But I was just wondering, like that he can let it get the razor, Like, I see that too. What she when it was in bed post quarter. Yeah, she was reaching for something on his face or whatever, and I was like, I can imagine what that was like.
Speaker 3: That session was probably disgusting. Ain't nobody mentioned no baths or nothing.
Speaker 1: There was some game.
Speaker 8: Took.
Speaker 2: They took baths cleaned. It was one of them.
Speaker 4: That one of them game of throne balls though, like they had to like to heat the water with fire with candles and.
Speaker 2: When it was really good, because yeah, he was ready to risk it all kids. Ye did she started crying before she got some. She it's been that long for her, Thank you Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like.
Speaker 2: Even started like oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, toxic too because she saw on them scars can and got turned on.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm used to, right, I'm some more here worms. So clearly they got close.
Speaker 3: But Rod, was it a bad decision on Annie's part to stay at the never Land or I never Land Graceland, uh house instead of going with what's his name?
Speaker 2: Alex?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Never Land was episode two, ye.
Speaker 7: You stupid bro, the Lost Boys and Ship.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but no, I mean ultimately I think it was a decision, especially since she was pregnant. I mean, because you wouldn't want to be going to battle and do all the ship that they was about to get ready to do while you're pregnant, you know what I'm saying. So ultimately, I think it was a good decision for her to just kind of kind of stay home, rest up, and take care of herself, like you know.
Speaker 2: She was pregnant. I know I'm saying, but that's why I said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a good It ended up being a good decision for her because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she couldn't. She couldn't. She probably couldn't take care of herself the same way on the road like that for what they were trying to do. What's she done here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she should have went. She should have went. She chose to be by herself. She's been.
Speaker 5: She was there by herself for four hundred something days. And here's this this this crew, you got a piece. You like the guy, And I know she's trying to make excuses for it later on, but nah, you should have went. You should have went, And you know it turned out to not be a wise decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she definite she definition even though you don't know that you may end up pregnant, you have a better chance. I feel like like if anything anything happens, even beyond her being pregnant, she's there by herself. She can't like the next group that comes may not be as nice as she is. So like, yeah, you got if you find a good community. We've seen in all these post apocalyptic thing like, you gotta go with that.
Speaker 2: You can't stick it out.
Speaker 5: Though I'm wondering if she heard when she heard them say they gotta go kill allis if that man spooke her. They didn't really give us an indication that it did, but just talking about it now, I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: If that caused her to pause a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that she don't always work out in your favor. Like like I said, we've seen walking dead. Like just because you go with the group, don't mean your ass gonna survive, you know what I'm saying. So so like I'm with her, like, yo, go makes it you know if it is, if it's really there, go check it out, make sure it's safe.
Speaker 2: Everything ratlins.
Speaker 4: Actually that would have been adult like it rain in the room and locked the door. I would have been glad she stayed some wrong.
Speaker 7: It's I got, he said, he said he coming back for it.
Speaker 2: So hey, niggas say that.
Speaker 1: I got.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling waiting on myself.
Speaker 3: She definitely should have went because she literally got a taste of what it's like to be unprotected and in a situation where you don't know what's gonna happen when they first got there. So it's just kind of like, I know she's a very fearful person, but I'm like, you just kind of went through your worst fear and luckily you went on the other side, like it was the best version or best outcome for that. You should go with them because they're already proven that they're good guys and that you already got somebody that's gonna take care of you even more so, it's just I just don't staying there for what.
Speaker 6: She was comfortable right standing there. She was staying there because she was comfortable. And just think about it, like like when when her husband goes on tour, you know what I'm saying, for war or whatever, Like she's not going with him.
Speaker 2: He going off the war.
Speaker 7: She going to do what he gotta do, service country or whatever.
Speaker 4: You gotta start thinking about supplies and stuff too though, like food and medical stuff like where if she gets sick, Like, yeah, I think it's just better to be like being there.
Speaker 1: I understand you saying she was comfortable.
Speaker 2: I do agree with.
Speaker 4: And she got the anxiety problem whatever it was that she was suffering from.
Speaker 1: But still, like.
Speaker 2: Nick said, like anything could have happened with you there by yourself. Yeah, she survived this long. I think I think she would have. I think she was fine.
Speaker 7: I think if she wouldn't have got pregnant, she would have still survived.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Yeah, I don't know about all that, but we found out the hard way.
Speaker 9: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: But we go into the next episode.
Speaker 3: We end off the first one with hearing with any hearing, you know, a nigga fall out the sky. We're going to be an Exavier as she has to go investigating. She see he passed out in the woods and shit. But we jump into the next episode called may Day.
Speaker 2: We start off with.
Speaker 8: Xavier.
Speaker 3: I guess niggas can't fly. We crashing this plane like this picked up where he left off, I believe last season. Uh, Lou, what did you think of Xavier and his.
Speaker 2: First interaction with the outside world since the End of the World where he ends.
Speaker 4: Up, you know, giving me the little Yeah, what'll call him the goonies the Lost Wars. I was more skeptical of these little bad asses than I was at the people that came in Graceland. I was like, Nah, these look k they ain't talking. They doing this new lineal gen g ship with he ain't communicating verbally and just looking at you and sh like. I was way more skeptical of them and what was gonna happen with him than I was with Annie. In the other episode, Nah, ride for me. It was when that little boy put his hand on Sirtlin's mouth. It was like, first of all, imagine how filthy that hand is on your face. The second of all, if a little kid do that to you and you actually go through the command, that means the situation because look at the bottom of your heart.
Speaker 2: Care you know that little boy might be right up. Baby, you gotta whoop, you gotta, you gotta whoop his ass. Bro, you gotta put over your knees afterwards and over my mouth. You don't have to do that. I know what this means.
Speaker 1: I don't need you to touch me.
Speaker 2: Ship. Rob was about asking what was your thoughts on how we start off this episode?
Speaker 7: No, I liked it, man.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I knew they were gonna find a way. The brain is full circle and that and that and that what we saw. Okay, now we're about to connect the stories. And I was just like, man, it's show so fucking good because I'm like, I knew that.
Speaker 2: I knew they were.
Speaker 6: Gonna connect this and yeah, so I was just waiting on the ride of how this is gonna connect us for us, the Lost Boys or whatever they are.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was fine.
Speaker 7: I guess I'm with y'all, Like that they were sketchy too. I didn't know what the hell that was about.
Speaker 6: But I think when when they when they when they when that guy came and he was telling him to be quiet, I say, Okay, they're on.
Speaker 2: The good side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because what are you assuming? Because if kids scared of them, then they must be really bad guys. Yeah, like they've seen something before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And then two, depending on their ages, I thought they were like Newts or whatever, like I ain't think they was.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't think they know how to knew how to communicate because if they if they depend, if they are like three or four or something like that, and now they ate or something like, they've been living in this world for that long, for several years, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mhmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they really thought the same thing. They told him quickly. We know how to talk like you know, we're not you now we speak English?
Speaker 2: Did that was the first nigga they saw in a long time, That's what I was thinking. Ship grown one at least, Yeah, especially a beat down one too.
Speaker 3: That niggas he traumatized them, smoke shattered meat cat that he put back in.
Speaker 2: The place about to get us killed. The little boy honestly, the little boy did him.
Speaker 3: He did him two solids. He saved him from the play crash and he let him, you know, hit himself up. Why not getting detected?
Speaker 2: Uh through that that smart thunder you know, wait for the thunder after the lightning and type ship. But but yeah, no, these kids scared the funk out of me. Nah I didn't.
Speaker 3: You should never trust raiders in general. So the Raiders aspect was interesting, but it was also the weather. I was just hail out of nowhere and just stopped, like this is a different Earth. But as you know this show, I think Ronie mentioned it, we got back a lot of back and forth. We had a lot of flashbacks we got to get through. But overall we can just talk about it. Overall, we keep going back and forth. In this episode with Exavier and his wife, well we'll we find out to be his wife Terry. But we see how they first got introduced each other and headed off. Lou, what did you think about the relationship? Did you give a fuck?
Speaker 1: That was really cool?
Speaker 2: This is where you could tell that.
Speaker 4: That this is us, person created this, this is I feel like this is us moment, how they just met each other, how she was like super unreceptive to him at first, and he kept trying. He wouldn't he wasn't defeated when she wasn't taking his advanceags. I just thought this was they did this well because usually, excuse me, you can mess up with this and it could be corny.
Speaker 1: But I think Sterling K.
Speaker 4: Brown Brown acted it so will and the wife acted it so well that it didn't come off corny.
Speaker 2: It seemed real, genuine and like authentic connection. So I liked it. Yeah, it was all right, I'm no ride with me. I would say, right, you fuck with this?
Speaker 3: Which which part of this again, how basically Xavier and Terry got together, like with the hospital.
Speaker 4: Scenes, him court and hear her not wanting to be bothered at first, all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, I mean I rock with this. I rock with this. I was spiked. Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, this was cool.
Speaker 6: This was cool, and especially with the losing of the sight and stuff like that, I still haven't seen this is this is us, but like seeing this, huh, this.
Speaker 2: Is very this is USSU. It's like direct pool.
Speaker 6: From Yeah, so seeing all of this made me like all right, man, maybe I need to get this show a shot or whatever that this is us shore shot because I was like, Okay, I like how they're pulling this together, like the like the storytelling, you know, how things are connected.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was I was fucking, I'm with you care it was super Yeah, I said, like it was borderline corny on some parts because he move, I'm in my talk to me nice and don't talk to me my era. So the way she was talking to that niggas and then when she was blind and she was throwing ship out of it, do you ask for help? You ain't mute niggas, use your words. You're working on your PhD, but you can't talk. Don't be throwing ship at me.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: But he got tired of that ship though, and I think that's when she she kind of started to listen to him a little bit more.
Speaker 1: He was like, stop throwing ship at me.
Speaker 2: She was like it was so it was such good acting though, Like it was it felt so real, you know what I'm saying, Like like I.
Speaker 7: Don't know, I like the interaction.
Speaker 2: I'm not exactly kid.
Speaker 3: When she when she was like he was like just just calm down, like everything gonna be all right. She said, calm down, you want to see calm she knocked all that ship. I was like, all, you're gonna pick that ship up. Find your waugh aboutle nigga? See if you can find it.
Speaker 1: I would have been, hell yeah, put something else in that damn water.
Speaker 3: That that goes to show how much he loved her from jump like he was willing to, you know, take care of her and all the other ship. And we get that little moment with the sun setting and we see her finally seeing you know all that goofy ship.
Speaker 1: That was that was tight. How they did that with half of his face lit and all the half not. I thought that was dope.
Speaker 2: She was was like you can see.
Speaker 1: Then she gave him a kiss.
Speaker 2: You see. You see all we gotta do to get a kiss. That's it. I just gotta blind you. Take care of you. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we had off this episode with Annie again stumbling upon uh Xavier in the woods and she helps him get back to her home or her Elvis Presley house, but we find out crazy.
Speaker 6: I was wondering how that happened because I remember like, I'm like, well, damn, how did you get back in from of the plane because I was just like, wait, how.
Speaker 2: Do they do that? But then we see later maybe you.
Speaker 3: Remind me them little bastards. He kept telling him like, don't steal my ship. Please, don't steal my ship, like I gotta find my wife. That's the best hair right that I've ever seen the kid do it said sorry with his kids.
Speaker 2: Sorry body, they thought he was dead Nick. He went there.
Speaker 5: But you know what, that's real fucked up, Nick, because he went his ass out there, broken it off, and all children of the corn motherfuckers kill somebody. And this little none speaking motherfucker talking about he hurt that and like this motherfucker cut up and they just assumed he was dead and took all his ship. He said, you she wanted the jacket when he died. They didn't even know if he was dead or not. And they just took your ship and just left talking about sorry. And they had experience with that ship and they knew exactly what to As soon as that was there, they started playing in the mud. Bro.
Speaker 3: That's why that handwriting the calligraphy was so good, kid, because they used to writing sorry.
Speaker 2: They got sorries all across that. They was the little bastards, creepy scaryers, check them off. But no, you're right u RD.
Speaker 3: How he got back to the area where and he finds him was very interesting because I didn't notice certain things.
Speaker 2: I was like, how they line this ship up? It don't make sense until you get to the end.
Speaker 3: But also what was interesting was that Lou they made Annie crazy as hell, this buffucker on some black snake mown ship locking sterling help talking about some nikki.
Speaker 2: Ain't going to Atlanta, You going to Colorado. That's the whitest girl thing I ever heard. Who you talking to? I'm going to find my wife. I don't know what you got going on?
Speaker 6: Like, and I love that he kept the energy, took what you said.
Speaker 2: He said, it's a non starting. You hit somebody with that ship. Bro. She was like, ship, he means business, right. He didn't say no negotiable, he said, it's like none started. Don't even this ain't even like Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was so worried for my boy because I'm like, man, you probably would have been better off with them, damn kids, because.
Speaker 2: You want this motherfucker treating your ass. Ain't that great exactly, especially with black people.
Speaker 3: She reas a lot of that medical factor is true, and you can't go to black, white doctors to black injuries.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what did you think of what Annie did?
Speaker 3: Slash said to uh Xavier at the end of this episode as we go into it as far as like healing her up, healing him up, but then saying like, this is the mission we really need to go on?
Speaker 1: What the Atlanta first? Then Colorado?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Colorado first?
Speaker 1: Fucking I mean yeah, Colorado. No no, no, no, no no, because no she agreed to go with him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah at the end of it. But yeah, I was just saying how she started off. But yeah, at the end of it, they end up going together. What did you think about their pairing and like how they went on this adventure after that?
Speaker 1: I think this because I was really bothering.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that they actually ended up going where he needed to go, because if he took his ass back to Colorado because of her and her being pregnant and her trying to use the pregnancy guilt trip him into taking the trip, he didn't give a fuck about that shit.
Speaker 1: He was like, we are not going back to Colorado.
Speaker 5: First of all, I don't even know how long it is to get back to Colorado from it from wherever they are Memphis on top of that, So I like that at the end of the day, she conceded and listened to him, and they are agreed to go with him to Atlanta. And it made way much more since we've seen shows where they would use this as a way to keep the series going by having him go on.
Speaker 1: This whole other event adventure that is in uh, really relevant to the show.
Speaker 5: Just because she decided to go get knocked up and didn't want to leave when she had a chance to leave, that's not my problem, you know. Thank you feeling me up, That's what he said, thank you for feeling me up. But I'm I'm going to Atlanta to find my wife, he said.
Speaker 2: I I owe you one.
Speaker 1: I catch you on the next one, the next one. Just look at it.
Speaker 4: Don't take for five days to walk from Memphis to Atlanta. I thought it would walk. Yeah, it's not too bad.
Speaker 2: You didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: I just looked it up as.
Speaker 2: Say, that's how much you wanted to get out of Tennessee. I'm never walking to Memphis.
Speaker 3: Walking to memphiss only if there's a billion dollars at the end of that walk.
Speaker 1: And you get there, you may not walk out with it.
Speaker 4: How many miles it is, three hundred and seventy miles. If you walk about eight hours a day, it'll whoa. So that's walking straight through five days like eight she was on the horse.
Speaker 2: Remember he didn't have no horse.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: If you walk around eight hours a day, the trip will take about seventeen days. That's just different. Well yeah, then we're talking about something different.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's two weeks, two plus weeks.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, walking out on the road finding somewhere to sleep and stay.
Speaker 2: Because how far with a month? How far did the months walk? M I don't know.
Speaker 1: The peace monks, I don't know. Yeah, yeah, they were out here by us, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We start off the next episode, which is titled Another Day in Paradise, with us seeing Alex recovering from her gunshot, Sinatra recovering from her gunshot wound she got last season, but of course we got more flashbacks that she's sleeping and going it out. Rock Yo, what did you think of Sinatra?
Speaker 3: And what was it doctor lunge Louse or whatever, the doctor with the big hare who was saying the ship the world was going to end at that conference. What did you think of their conversation at the bar to start off this episode where he was basically telling her like, it's funny how billionaires think based on how much money they got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this that was just a continuation of last season for me, just more context as the hot it's all happened, I mean, because I feel like we've seen that stuff in the first season.
Speaker 2: So I think that was just more.
Speaker 6: Context on how this whole thing kind of kind of got started. And I think this time it was kind of more soul to say what else she got playing? So I think they're telling that part now. First time it was like, Okay, she's building this bunk, this bonker or whatever. Now they're about to tell the story of like, okay, what's playing seat?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Did they mention that last season that she shed that she had a separate plan? I don't think so that's what I'm saying. I think they're gonna do. That's what they're doing with this.
Speaker 3: Because because the way they were talking at the beginning this episode, a little I don't know, if you correct me if I'm wrong, it seemed like we should have known that she had something on the side.
Speaker 2: It wasn't revealed, but it was like alluded to at least last season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think them keep saying there's something more going on. They never talked about it, but they did insinuated it was something else going on.
Speaker 2: What do you think how we started off this episode?
Speaker 4: I was wondering what we where we were going to, Like, it felt good being back into like where we needed to be with Paradise, but I was wondering how it was going to look inside of us since she was.
Speaker 2: Incapacitated. And I liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked them showing dude with trying to get in power and stuff like that, So I was cool with this.
Speaker 3: Can Did you care about how we started this episode not only just with the conversation with Sinatra and the doctor, but.
Speaker 2: They snatching up kids too in this in this uh in this universe? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was Everything that was going on with Paradise was was interesting to me, and I felt like those kids had to have been up to something. But I was curious about what was going on. You know, them passing notes back and forth to one another in books and and I thought that was cool.
Speaker 1: That was really cool.
Speaker 5: Find a way because they say, what's the way to hot something? For somebody to put it in the book? Right, So that's what they were doing and using that as a means of communication. But it was interesting, why are you snatching up kids? Why are you snatching up these people? And then I wonder if they were trying to get captured on purpose because it didn't really look like they were trying to hide or run when the when the police ran up on them, So I thought they were they were intended to get caught.
Speaker 4: They were when he got in there and the other dude met him in there, they were planning to meet there.
Speaker 5: No, there was another uh, set of kids got snatched. They wrote the you're not talking about the sun? Okay, I thought that was the sun.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that the sun that was at the end, not at the beginning when we was finding out they were snatching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all don't look like lou It's debatable.
Speaker 4: But no, you said that they was. It looked like they were trying to get locked up.
Speaker 2: I took it. Yeah, it was trying to get locked in the beginning. Yeah, at the beginning, I thought they were trying to go.
Speaker 1: But that was a different set of kids. Though lou gotcha okay, got yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I thought it was it was interesting what happened.
Speaker 3: I just thought they were on heavy lockdown since like only did the president die, but then there was an anarch kid and a fucking mutiny going on, and like anything that's dealing with rebels, we all that ship.
Speaker 2: They getting them off off the streets quick.
Speaker 1: Especially that's sorry as president they got dude, is a ship.
Speaker 2: I was asked you what you think of the new president? What's his name? I forgot his name. I don't even remember.
Speaker 8: It don't matter now president.
Speaker 1: Is his name.
Speaker 6: I feel like they were definitely giving Trump vibes or whatever, because.
Speaker 2: Just how he was like I'm the president, you know that, just that whole like I'm the man, I'm the boss.
Speaker 7: Now everything goes my way, my way.
Speaker 6: And then obviously you know when he gets compliments or whatever, then he you know, that's all you gotta do is kiss his ass to get his good graces.
Speaker 2: That's just like our president now. So I thought that was right on the nose when it came.
Speaker 4: To like Trump, so he was like a Trump president, and it was a Trump idea, We're going to give people seasons.
Speaker 2: He thought, trying to make it right. That's what it ain't. No black people in the room like.
Speaker 8: That in there, I was say he was white, he was a Luther.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went off. He was like, what are you fucking stupid?
Speaker 1: He let him have it?
Speaker 2: Let him. Is this the part where I get arrested? Now? Yeah, he knew what was up. Get their head out to the security like yeah, right, like you somebody here. But then we cut real quick, right, We go back to a family moment, or at least a new family with Nicole, the black mistress who ended up surviving last season somehow, some way, and it's now raising Xager as kids. What do you think of this situation? Mean, oh, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he said he was talking to me. I thought he was just putting it for the room.
Speaker 4: She was pissed about it too, and I felt her like, Nigga, I say, today, you got me watching these little snot those kids. So I like, I liked her to mean that through this whole episode. It made her a little too smart though I don't remember her being a smart We get to that, I don't remember a kid. I don't remember her.
Speaker 2: The best friend in the bubble.
Speaker 1: Black woman smart.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, she fucked everything up at the beginning of last year. She thought that she had caught them people and it was completely the wrong thing and he had to come in and fix it. She she was because she was talking about Remember she caught them with the game cube and thought since they was playing the game cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I remember they did the Killer She the one did that. Yeah, all of a sudden she no, yeah, you know, talking about so she can't raise kids as she's dumb. I'm like that. I said she didn't want to raise the kids. I ain't say she because she was. She had banter with them. She seemed like she was doing fine. She was over them. She was ready to get up out of there. What you think of the kids?
Speaker 6: Her and the kids, right, yeah, I can see that she I mean, I mean they damned there grown for the most part.
Speaker 7: I mean, they doing dumb ship too, but all of them. So yeah, it's just this a house full.
Speaker 2: Of dumb ass.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they all doing dumb shit. But I'm fine with her character. I don't really have a problem with her. I like what she brings to the show, especially when she was about to go into combat or whatever.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: I liked her then too, so yeah, I don't have a problem with her.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, this show this season, at least with this scene, shows that she's intelligent too, because she was recalling shit from last season, checking out Jane's story, and she is pretty much what takes us on this episode trail.
Speaker 2: Did you think that she was gonna find out this episode though, or was it going to be like more clues down the line? I didn't expected to be this quick.
Speaker 6: Well, it was moving it pretty fast, so yeah, I wasn't surprised when when, when how it ended. I wasn't surprised that they moved this along because the pacing for this show is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just like minutes too. It's not like an hour old because we didn't need to stay here that long. M h.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're only doing three seasons right right, Yeah, so they don't have a time of book, you know, fucking around m hm.
Speaker 1: Can't.
Speaker 3: Speaking of not fucking around, we see that Sinatra's in the interrogation room right now. Soon as she wake up for the hospital. The President was like, dagg, we didn't know. We got questions, what you think about the Ina.
Speaker 2: For me, Yeah, oh, I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I think it shows that she is in full control of her emotions.
Speaker 5: She knows all of the at tactics, he knows who she's dealing with, and she's aware of the portrayal that was happening. She had a good meeting before everything went down with with Chain, so she was definitely ready to go. But it shows us she's very much in control even when it looks like she's not in control. And uh, and that guy that came out and started going off showed that he has some some some insecurities and all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: I know, you see that.
Speaker 5: I think I'm a small man and all kinds of other ship like that bro ship up. You know, nobody's gonna follow you any need of a breath making.
Speaker 1: Hey, that ship turned out in some cold that ship.
Speaker 3: Brod of the whole series, probably the way they did. Like now that I'm thinking about it, round, you are right, Like this show is well written, well paced out because I it's casual ship you got to pay attention to, Like you could watch the show and not pay attention to everything and still get to the end. Like what the main overall thing is, but if you really pay attention to this show, bro, Like, even when she said that, I'm just thinking like she was just talking ship.
Speaker 1: Right, I missed it the first time. I have to watch the second time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah that's.
Speaker 7: Yea cold yeah, cold cold for you know, assassination, so to take him out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that ship was gangster.
Speaker 6: This hell and then when you when you do rewatch it again, you see Jane in the back get smirk.
Speaker 2: So it's just like, damn man. Like.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Jane, though I didn't know her position, I was confused because I feel like coming off that last season.
Speaker 2: She was she was trying to control Sinatra.
Speaker 1: I did too. Yeah, I was consed that as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm confused as to why why she's basically helping her now get back in position unless she just wants to leverage her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's back in position, That's what I'm Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't think it. I think she just crazy, like she was legit mad about that. She was legit mad about the Wii system, bro, and she let the little girl go. But if you last season, she did say that she was trying to protectect Sinatra when she shot her because she was like he was from to shoot her in the head, and I did this little surface one thing so you would make it through. And then she explained that to us. So I still think that she works for Sinatra, but she just wanted her to know. I'm bat shit crazy, you know, like I do work. I'm crazy, gotcha.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's taking orders from somebody else.
Speaker 4: I think Sinatra still giving her the orders. Mm, that's a different perspective.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about watching the show from that angle, like she's just the bad shit crazy trainee.
Speaker 2: But how does she get her orders to kill Billy there right right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That smile.
Speaker 5: Because you just thinking that she's just smiling and laughing, because that's how everybody, That's what everybody really do think of him, you know, especially with how he's treating.
Speaker 2: People, calling them meat heads and all kinds of other ship.
Speaker 5: Man, you can trip over a rock and hurt your knee, bro, and I won't give a damn, you know, with the way you're talking about me protecting you.
Speaker 7: Y'all have to go back and watch that last that last interaction with them.
Speaker 2: Because I thought she said, like you like you my puppet.
Speaker 7: I thought she said something else to her sly like I don't know.
Speaker 3: All she said was that you're not used to me dead, like I need you alive for me to have like for me to be in a position of power, I need to be able to work through you and your influence.
Speaker 4: Oh and she getting the perks. Remember the Black Girl was complaining about it. The Black Girl was like, I'm the hero and you looking like the hero now you top dog and on the Secret Service lead team and having to do what I gotta do what you say. So I feel like it's her saving Sinatra by shooting her, and that's not putting on a positional power.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmkay, I could buy that. Yeah, but what Nick just said, That's why I thought it was something else. I thought it was something else, but like, you know, used to me dead. It sounded it sounded like conniving the way she said it. You know what I'm saying. But but yeah, I'll buy that. I'll buy that and see how it play out. Jane, you just you you can't trust Jane. No, like like at the end of the day, you just can't trust him.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: Can we We had a lot of flashbacks in this episode of also to see Billy his backstory with how he still connects to this and also we find out some interesting stuff about code names through his story too. But to me, I want to ask you specifically about Billy's backstory the scientists that we come to find out that's a part of this side mission that Sinatra has.
Speaker 2: What were your overall thoughts on finding this new information and were you more curious about like what this story is.
Speaker 5: First of all, the guy that that killed him was dope as fuck, and he had a very small role, but I thought he was dope. But yeah, that story was interesting, and you know, and I thought that the kid that he was talking about that he spared would have more into the story.
Speaker 2: Than he did.
Speaker 1: Or did I miss it? Is he some kind of adulte in in the bunk or somewhere.
Speaker 2: I thought that was the dude. I thought that was the dude that got get pregnant. That's not him, the kid? Yeah him, right? Yeah, yeah, came to Graceland. Yeah Billy, that's the same.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I don't I don't remember him, Okay, all right, cool, because they lingered on his face for a long time and I'm like, who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't catch the first Yeah, he got from the house.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 3: I caught it only because he said something weird. He was like, good bye, I love, and he said goodbye Alex, and I thought I thought he was saying like her name twice or like referring to her twice.
Speaker 2: But I was just like, no, that doesn't make sense. And then when he said, although spare the little boy that's gonna come.
Speaker 3: Through here in a little minute. You know what I'm saying, He got ship to do with this? And then he said something else was all right, now you're talking too much.
Speaker 2: Who was Alex?
Speaker 1: He said, make it quick, that's what he was trying to say.
Speaker 2: I don't even think he got quick out a shut up. Alex is the dude that got old girl pregnant?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And who did he say they was going to the bunker to kill?
Speaker 2: Then, no, that's not He's not link is Alex?
Speaker 7: So who they said they was going to the bunker?
Speaker 2: Who going to the bunker? Kid? I don't think that. I never knew that. I don't think we met the person yet to know they we met Alex.
Speaker 7: I think Alex was was that the dad or or the wife or something like that.
Speaker 2: That part was then I'm confused.
Speaker 7: They said they said Alex, they said the name, but he's not Alex.
Speaker 3: Though I thought he was going to kill Alex. Yeah, I thought his real name was Alex. I thought Link is Alex because he was younger. I got this young cat, super smart, and he's been helping me out with this ship. And then when you see Link come through, I'm like, oh, that's the same dude, because he he said goodbye to his wife and then he said goodbye to Link. He said he's been like a son to him. So I would think like in his last breath, he will refer to both of them. But I can easily be wrong.
Speaker 2: So who are they going to kill him the bunker? Do we know? At least I don't know yet. I don't know either, hm hmm. Somebody named Alex. Maybe he lied to he's probably that's probably that scientist dude, the one that at the bottom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the one you're the one that spassed out at the meeting. It's probably him. If I'm assuming that it has anything to do with the science. He probably stole buddy idea or something like that and gave it to him or something, just me guessing.
Speaker 2: Loud. Do you miss Billy at all on this show?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Billy needed on this show. I like seeing.
Speaker 4: I was glad they brought him back in the flashback to me. I like his his character, his humor and everything. So yeah, I do miss Billy.
Speaker 2: So I was glad. I hope they continue to revisit and show him in flashbacks. Hmm, yeah, I thought he was. He was one of the ones. I was like, you killed him off too. It was a great kill off, but damn, bro, it's one of the goes. We then get to the end of.
Speaker 3: This episode and we see Jane use the same cold thing or cold name that we find out that Billy gave to Sinatra back in the day, and yeah, it ain't good for your boy, Rod.
Speaker 2: What you think about how this episode ended with the president or former president.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean this is like, yeah, yeah, I mean it needed to happen. Nobody's gonna miss him, Like I didn't like him in that position. Let's get Sinatra back in the place, because I think she's the more powerful character and the person that needs to be in this role.
Speaker 2: Like he's just he had his little moment and that's it.
Speaker 7: But I'm like, damn the pint something on this girl again.
Speaker 3: Bro, That's why, that's why what Lou said I had to rethink. I was like, why did she send that message out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You're right loud, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she sees a dead body knowing, damn, well, who killed you?
Speaker 8: Look?
Speaker 9: You will?
Speaker 8: You will?
Speaker 2: You didn't even look around? That's what I think. Had it did? She didn't see her? It's it's an open sack you see everybody. Yeah, spotlight on the street. Yes, that got choked out and choked her out like Deebo did Craig.
Speaker 5: So this that's the second time they'd up paying some ship on a black person, even in a damn bunker post apocalystif you want to, if you want to clear your name blaming on the black person. They got Xavier himed up and now they got her ass and it didn't Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah he said that, Blame it on me. I'm taking so everybody's hands. Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah. They kicking niggas out next.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was gonna say any mad as goofy as head as we killed kids, they make it seem like we put x's on people's backs and we.
Speaker 2: Knocked out by white women with the murder weapon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you guys are right, you're right, Nick. The guy that was pared was link. He just looked he just looked weird without that damn beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked like the dude from him, just the little the real white version of him.
Speaker 7: Look like that when he cut it off, though, King, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But he still had facial hair though he wasn't clean.
Speaker 5: And I struggled with I struggled with with white people, like unless you're like a super known name, bro, it's and you gotta be unique, Like I know Rock the big name star, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Owen Wilson, I'll always know him.
Speaker 2: He recognizable, Right, You don't.
Speaker 3: Know how white you sound by saying I don't know the biggest days, the good ones.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny, is him?
Speaker 5: He's smart as ship though, Yeah, I think that's we didn't know he was that smart when he was with old girl.
Speaker 2: Now we know that motherfucker is smart.
Speaker 3: They kind of hinted on it a little bit when he was in bed with her and he was just rambling about like kind of how she you know stuff, and she was just kind of goofing it off, like blah blah blah, you're telling me about all this, you know, super smart shit. So it kind of talked about a little bit, but I didn't know he was Tony start talking about. But it's the last episode we get to Holy Charge. We start off seeing Allent and his crew at this offsite camp trying to get to the bunker. But then we can quickly go back to Xavier and Annie. I I come to find out this is a special episode. I damn never fucked up this review. Y'all see this at the end of this the last twenty two minutes of this episode, and I'm glad. I appreciate the fellas for waiting for me to finish it so we can have a discussion.
Speaker 4: Bro I thought they had a little small crew. Them niggas got an army like I was just a whole goddamn militia. I was surprised by that.
Speaker 2: This reminds me, well, wonder reminds me of Game of Thrones when.
Speaker 3: Danny got her like her army together and she like that, and how she was just walking around with like it seemed like a whole country.
Speaker 2: But if I told you, bro, there's a whole bunker with food, water and bitches.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm thinking to well, all, y'all people going. We barely fit the people that's in here, in here, so r for y'all niggas.
Speaker 2: We'll figure we'll figure that. We'll figure that out. At the door.
Speaker 1: You know you're going, Brom, I'm going.
Speaker 4: But if I'm on the inside, y'all ain't getting in here. Y'all, y'all ain't getting in this motherfucker though, Lou, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna tell you this right now, y'all know that heaven't got a limit limited capacity.
Speaker 2: We all gonna be in that line, though.
Speaker 5: And there's a religion that says that they do. I forgot the number. It's only a certain number that can get in. I forgot what religion it is. But there's one of the whole witness Yeah, witnesses, all of them. You see they acting right, don't you?
Speaker 4: Y'all right, I definitely would have been in the line, but I just couldn't imagine that's in the door.
Speaker 2: No, nah, I'm not answering the door. So maybe you right, uh.
Speaker 5: Speaker hurt people scared to go to them, People wait for the Amazon people to leave before they open the door to get your packages, right, so you want to.
Speaker 1: Talk to the door dash people.
Speaker 2: Porch right now? H nah? But we had this last episode, yeah, and it's basically Saber and Any. I ain't gonna bury the league, can Any?
Speaker 3: After being all that time pregnant, We ain't realize she was nine months pregnant that moment.
Speaker 2: Basically about to give birth out the diner and ship changes. Uh. Overall thoughts on on Anie Rode, what was your overall thoughts? Bro?
Speaker 6: I like these moments, man, they didn't This was a damn good episode like this. This was a very compelling, like cinematic episode to me. They did a good job with storytelling. They did a good job. But we're just with very little time, right we're talking about this ship was like a mini movie almost, man like, the way they did this, so you know that just the back and forth, like we've been joking around about like nah, I'm going to Atlanta night, like.
Speaker 2: She's like, nah, I'm going to Colorado.
Speaker 6: So just just her just finally seeing like them seeing the good in each other and just two good people get together. I really, I really like the connection they made here. I really like the connection made. It was very like humane. It's a very humane moment.
Speaker 2: So this this is really good TV right here, Yeah, what about you? Did you feel that? Like was this like a genuine connection?
Speaker 4: This was a great a great episode showing them connected. It didn't move so there were a little tense moments when they came across the other people. I really like how they're presenting a different version of like apocalyptic living because the two groups that they've ran into have actually been helpful, Like you very rarely see that in these styles of shows and movies like post apocalypse to everybody like savage and stealing from each other or whatever it may be. So I thought that was really cool. And I like how they developing out stealing Kate Brown's character. I like how they're showing that he's just going to go above and beyond every time, like it ain't abnormal. We started the series like that with him finding the president, thead and all the stuff that he did, but just running back to the house, everything that he's doing.
Speaker 2: For this girl, Like so like it hit, it really landed.
Speaker 5: It depends on you right with no damn baby, bro, I'm like that air tran commercial don't leave me with the baby. That's me, bro, You not doing that shit. She is such a terrible doctor. She couldn't even save her damnself like that I was thinking about.
Speaker 2: She was funny, but she knew she wants right now. She wanted one now.
Speaker 1: And it's not She lost the one she needed to win.
Speaker 2: She had a disease. They said, though.
Speaker 1: It's pretty clams and uh and something else. I know what preclamcy is.
Speaker 5: As soon as she started describing the symptoms and swollen feet and all the ship she in trouble.
Speaker 2: But and that poor woman, she was just snatching to get that.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: She was like nigga. She was like almost right, that's the one time I let the nigga go. Dealing with Lindy. I'm about to die, stop, I said, stop, got no pain.
Speaker 7: It was no nothing like what are y'all doing? Y'all are killing me before.
Speaker 5: Man, But I will say that death scene though, man like she started shaking ship.
Speaker 2: Because you're about stark bro, his body going to shot.
Speaker 6: M HM was like, man, she played the hell out of that, and he played the hell out of like just the emotion of the realization, like oh ship. She she died, like she's about to dye in my arms. So seeing that emotion, go, Man, this nigga can act just as like to see the emotion, the range of emotion going through his face as she was dying. Bro, Like I don't even know how he tapped into some ship like that, Like, I agree with you, man, it was it was. It was mastered class.
Speaker 4: It was bro that realization that you could just read it like he's on his face, and it made it so good because even as viewers, I'm thinking, like they introduced a brand new character, she gonna just be here four episodes.
Speaker 1: This ain't gave.
Speaker 4: She's not gonna die, so it's gonna be a really intense moment. Then they'll cut it off and you know she'll be there next episode and sick or whatever. But he started to realize just like we did the viewers, Like I'm saying the same thing, like, oh shit, she gonna die.
Speaker 2: And then you see it on his face too. With this she actually dies.
Speaker 1: That ship was fire one crime because she was dying all.
Speaker 2: About to say, kid, let's not do this.
Speaker 3: He is a great actor because he portrayed the emotion that any nigga would have felt if they hadn't realized they had to take care of a white baby.
Speaker 2: I ain't eve gonna hold y'all. You would have never crossed my mind.
Speaker 4: Y'all was taking that baby baby saying right there ways saying, I ain't taking that baby nowhere.
Speaker 2: That little letter is cute and everything. I'll just when she grow up, I'm out of here.
Speaker 7: I'm taking yo. I like yo, man back in Memphis like a probably like a fustities over.
Speaker 2: Bro, got a baby over there. Ain't gonna believe you met your baby mom. Bro.
Speaker 4: She the baby's okay, though, Like you gotta roll up on this little cork type thing. They gonna they're gonna give you the one and two and then you can take No, he ain't going down for that.
Speaker 2: He ain't going to Memphisis who goes to Memphis for that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: That's what you leave Memphis?
Speaker 3: Yeah, stupid bro, But that was that was foul for her to leave it with that baby. That was my main thingure, That's the main she knew.
Speaker 2: She wrote him a letter every day. Take this white people. Let us white people think letters can solve anything. I hadn't written about this. Yeah, No, I was working at the camfire to read.
Speaker 5: Damn suld get him his jacket bat when that damn white ass children of the coin kid left that letter, he's still.
Speaker 2: Fix man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 8: I was hurt.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect that to happen. At the end of this episode that she was emotional. Man, I was just like, man, this is a lot.
Speaker 3: But then I felt like, as we're wrapping up, they packed too much in this and ended because then they got He goes to the place in Atlanta where he finds where his wife sent the message from.
Speaker 2: Then you see this white man come out of know we're talking about some Yeah, bro, me and your wife, dumb close. He's my partner. He got the gun on him and he's like, oh yeah, yeah, she's like a sister to me though.
Speaker 3: With him your partner, Yeah exactly, Like I'm about to pop you right now off gp right.
Speaker 2: But if you think about it, though, he you know, he did his little dirt too with.
Speaker 8: That's last year, that's last season.
Speaker 2: She was dead right, you know, he got her little piece too. He's like, I know that ship. He can't he can't take her to Colorado.
Speaker 3: She gonna be like he can easily give a about what she did with white Boy, she goes back to Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't talk about her too.
Speaker 6: We talked, we didn't talk about like the hispanic chick, like how she just kind of done with Sinatra and she left that that that Mike and Order at her house every quarter at her at her crib, So that that's gonna come back around too.
Speaker 2: I feel like that she fucked up when she what she told her though, it was that was the oh man, that was so cold. She did a good low good.
Speaker 4: I feel like the crazy girls gonna kill her, but they gonna find him, make a crazy chick gonna kill her.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yeah, yeah, I'm like, god, damn, I would have kicked her out my house coming in here with this ship, take this, and she should have told her to take this goddamn picture with you too.
Speaker 1: Right right, bringing this ship?
Speaker 2: You bring his pictures? When cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, comparing me to a goddamn broke down Mustang or a phoenix firebird? What you call me?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 5: This So what was dope about the ending of here as we close out? Was you guys mentioned walking dead earlier? If this wasn't some walking dead ship him on the horse going into Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That was ship bro. That ship was does.
Speaker 1: That's not really shot that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: I would have shot the dude that was with his wife at least at his foot, lit at least his hand.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. What did he say? What his smash? He smashed? Smash he said somebody. I just couldn't believe my wife would have went for the old white man. I just missed the apocalypse. Bro. It's apocaly myself and on top and on top of that lude, what's worse about it? While I was still I would have shot him off for this. Not only did you smash my wife, but you got she got she got snatched on your watch too. I gotta go find her to cuss her out. That's what I wonder. Who's that? Okay? Yeah, I remember she said she got snatched up. And get to the fucking point, man, I don't need this long ass explanation.
Speaker 5: You could have led with somebody came and took your wife, and here is how we are connected.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 5: He was taking way too long to get to the point. I hate that movie. Ship Bro, tell me what I need to fucking know. I got white ass baby with me. As a matter of fact, you are daddy. Now take the baby y'all match.
Speaker 3: Match he was, he was bragging, bro, he was know like, this is what I throw. Since you've been gone and you killed back with a white baby. What do you think she's gonna say?
Speaker 2: She knew exactly who he was to. He said, you terring. You gotta be a't a lot of y'all walking around here. You old niggas pull up asking for us.
Speaker 1: I know you are.
Speaker 2: She told me all about it, bro, outside you outside the bidding. He he an't see the nigga in years.
Speaker 7: White man.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That's nuts, bro, I want to I can't wait for the next episode.
Speaker 8: I gotta hear.
Speaker 2: That's a good what's the first question she he gonna ask her what they always?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: What you intend?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 2: That's crazy? And the other thing that.
Speaker 6: No, man, it's good man, this is good. I don't watch a lot of series, man, but I can't.
Speaker 2: Imagine not many series better than this. This Prestige TV. This is like, yeah, this is just Prestige TV.
Speaker 6: That's what I was thinking when I was watching, Like I said, I don't I don't watch a lot so, you know, but but watching them, like, man, I can't imagine too many things better than this.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's I think probably one of the last series and called on like this A lot of people were talking about, was this is us?
Speaker 1: I feel like that was the last one that was like this on a network television.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's Hulu, so it's not necessarily a network. It's NBC though I assume thought it. Yeah, it's a Hulu original.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: It's like, what's like, dope, reasonable doubt, reasonable dout? Okay, maybe cussing in emotion on there.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a slow start for me with the first episode, but they dropped the first three, you know, I think they when it came back, so I thought that that was smart, just kind of getting through the introductions to everything that's going on with the first two episodes, but the last two kind of when we got back to everything that was going on, really picked up and now we're back in paradise.
Speaker 2: You know, all right, chill Lotte kid. He was smart.
Speaker 3: It was smart for them to drop three episodes off RIPS, so now we can kind of get through the ship. Yeah, I agree, and to just do a binge watch of the first four. Yes, this is a good show. This is a really good show. Damn yeah yeah, all right, well those are our thoughts on the first four episodes of season two of Paradise. Please let us know what you guys think. FPS podcast is the ready thread that's also a handle for IG and Twitter, and we'll catch you on Part two Slash, the concluding part of this recap series of Paradise season two, and maybe a special guest will join us on that. But until then we out peace.
Speaker 2: Peace h