Speaker 1: The frames per Second Podcast Sunday, July twenty seventh, at two pm live on the FPS podcast YouTube channel. The frames per Second Cast will be reviewing the latest entry in the MCU, Marvel Studios Fantastic four First Steps. Join us as the crew reviews the film, give their thoughts on the current standing of the MCU and where does this lead the franchise going into Doomsday and Secret Wars. While there, be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash FPS Podcast for all upcoming lives and video releases. Come join the conversation through comments and super chats, or become a Director's Tierpatreon at Patreon dot com Forward Slash frames per Second and submit your review to be played during the show. We'll look forward to having you there.
Speaker 2: The frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 3: We're to talk about Superman Superman Live Man and that you guys are here to watch us review this live. There was a lot of hype. I think the market upond this was was really good as well. Uh, definitely amplifying this. But before we get into that, make sure you guys are checking out the France per Second Patreon account.
Speaker 2: Where we do solo reviews.
Speaker 3: We're experimenting with this thing where you guys nominate and then vote on the review for.
Speaker 2: Each of us to do.
Speaker 3: I was fortunate enough to get a late run at twenty four to nine to a certain degree, because that's a damn near three hour movie. But my review went up Friday and I talked almost forty minutes.
Speaker 2: About that movie.
Speaker 3: So, uh so, yeah, you definitely get your money's worth with that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's why I say they've been trolling everybody with you, because you got a sci fi freaking movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think Spike got trolled. I don't know. I don't think Day after Tomorrow, Yeah, what you got coming up? Spot? Day after tomorrow?
Speaker 1: He just said, oh, this is the end, same thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, it's not, it's not. I've said, have you ever seen this is the end? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you had like seithrog and Souff. Yeah yeah, yeah, see that's not that's not.
Speaker 2: A troll for you. Yeah yeah. And what did you get? Mine was an LB G t Q plus movie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't think you were being trolled either. I think you would take something from that film.
Speaker 2: I would, I would.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they were trying to, but I can see them using that to try to throw me.
Speaker 2: But it's not the spike with a LGB. They tried to troll me.
Speaker 1: Do that movie that Mike was talking about, the gay horror film, Knife and Heart something like that.
Speaker 2: It was two, it was number two day. I didn't do this. I said it was something like, it was whatever, whatever, the gay horror film that you was talking about.
Speaker 1: It's only when I know of it's Knife and Heart, and that movie is amazing, but there's a lot of dick, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you would be We're live. Yeah that I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mom was called me by your name, But I already had wanted to see that, right, so I just just gives me reason to go watch it now.
Speaker 3: But they were, well, anyway, let's not spend a lot of time because yeah, no, I know, but you know they here to watch Superman Live.
Speaker 2: Y'all know how we get, you know, we start rambling and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But I did want to say, Mike, you did Shrek, all right?
Speaker 1: So me and Jalen are going to redo the rules because y'all motherfuckers be trying me.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but they'll still be heavily involved so don't worry, y'all. Saw the angel person made a suggestion. It was a great suggestion, angel, all right, So there you're having So check that out. Man.
Speaker 3: You also get early asked to the videos and also some other exclusive group discussion content as well, classic movie reviews, anniversary stuff like that. So check it out. Check it out. So you can sign it to become a member on Patroon or join the YouTube membership right here on the YouTube channel. You don't even have to go all the way to Patreon, man, you can just click the joint button right here and sign up. But we're just talking about Superman, so let's get into it since we have to kind of wait a little bit for things to clear up.
Speaker 2: So Mike was hyped for this one. Uh real, Spike and Rod, were you guys looking forward to watching this movie?
Speaker 4: I'd never seen the Superman movie before, so this was my first time.
Speaker 2: He came out in the eighties. I ain't never seen this, Like, I'm it's funny.
Speaker 4: As I was sitting there watching it, and I was like, I really ain't never seen one of these movies. But I realized Richard Pride was in and I know all the people's names and main characters. But I still have This is my first time sitting there watching the Superman movie.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not just asking for hype. Don't give me your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was excited to see what it was gonna do here. Okay, what about you, Rob, I'm wonna say I was excited. Nah, Noah, I was, you know, No, I wasn't excited. I was like, oh, I gotta see this. This is my must see movie. I wasn't as hype about it as Mike. No, but you know, mm hmmm, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well yeah.
Speaker 3: This movie was written and directed by James Gunn. It is the first film in the DC Universe with DC Studios.
Speaker 2: It is another reboot.
Speaker 3: Of the Superman film series, starring David corn Sweat as Clark Kent, Rachel Bross Wanahan as Nicholas Holt.
Speaker 2: I think Rachel plays lous Lane. Nicholas Holt is le Luthor, Eddie Laine. That'sn't that one? That Spike was.
Speaker 3: Eddie as mister Terrific, Anthony Kerrigan, Nathan Phillion, and Isabellamer said, we know.
Speaker 2: Isabellamer said, right, last of us is the girl. But who is she from last night.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was trying to identify her?
Speaker 2: Where is she from? Where do I know her from?
Speaker 1: I wasn't even I was just like who they got this whole nobody asked, So she didn't look.
Speaker 2: Familiar to you at all? Oh yeah, she absolutely did the voice and in the face. But damn, we just blew my mom that that is It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh so let's jump in to it. I may have butchered everybody name Cosmo, but welcome to the Friends. Per second, you knew he right, Yeah, you knew we're right right right, Mike, you were the most hyped about this of all of us, out of all of us, what are your thoughts, man?
Speaker 2: Thoughts? Job? I had a blast. This was good. This was good from the second it started until the second it ended.
Speaker 1: Of course, I do have some grapes, which we'll get to, but overall, I had a great time with this movie.
Speaker 4: All right, Rod, I'm surprised about your take. It's some stuff, and I'm tell you why I'm surprised, But nah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I have my gripes too, But overall, it was a good time. Like it was, it was a pretty good time.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed. I took I took Don with me.
Speaker 4: I was on the fence about taking Don because donna take him to like some PG thirteen stuff. I kind of keep it g to PG for him. But but he been talking, He's like, I want to see Superman. I want to see Superman.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He want to see Fastastic four two. So I was like on the fence with that, but nah, I took him and he enjoyed it too. He was he was so hyped. He was so high that when the beans come out of his eyes. O. Man, he was so so hight for this movie.
Speaker 2: But he loved it. He loved it.
Speaker 3: I did too, Spike, first time watching a Superman movie, so.
Speaker 2: Thoroughly entertained. It was really good. I like the way that they did it.
Speaker 4: I felt it was just goofy enough but still had some serious elements to it.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed it. The difference.
Speaker 4: I like this kind of better than some stuff that Marvel does to the real big films, because you still feel like you're missing things if you don't just follow the whole MCU And I don't know if it's because you said it's the first one in the DC You. Yeah, it felt like I felt like I understood or they explained everything, versus oh, you have to be a fan to notice, which made it better to me too.
Speaker 2: So I liked it a lot. You familiar with the stories for man, No, I mean I know where he came from and got dropped off an hour and all of that. I think I watched small Villas, so like, what do you need to know? But you know.
Speaker 1: It's a little but you know, it'd be like little plots and shit, like the little place that he lived and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like I liked them really introducing it, like I ain't have to know that. You know what I'm saying, Like he gave it to.
Speaker 4: You all knew. It's like, okay, cool, it's for beginners too. You don't have to be a novice an expert.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. In the Superman Superhero Fit, yeah, I got you. I got you now. I thought it was fine, man, I think you know.
Speaker 3: I think my thought, my overall thought after it ended, is that Marvel will regret losing James Gunn. That was probably the biggest takeaway I got, because he just knows how to do superhero movies, and I think that he did, the way he packaged the action and all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows how to really deliver.
Speaker 3: And it's performing really really well at the box office right now, just on Wikipedia site, two hundred and twenty five million budget and it's right there at two hundred a sisting million box office too. So so yeah, so uh so yeah, so it's it's I think he's definitely gonna make that back and problem.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure it'll double the budget. But some men don't really do ship movie did before we get there?
Speaker 4: What did he do change gonna do outside of Gardens of the Galaxy For Marvel?
Speaker 1: I was mainly just Marvel, I thought, I mean, I mainly just Guardens of the Galaxy. I thought that's what I thought. I didn't know he did anything outside of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he managed to make those movies, you know, like yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they weren't from what I could tell, they weren't like popular characters, but he was able to make them entertaining, and especially with that third one, he fucking killed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He did the Suicide Squad too, but that's DC too. Oh okay, yeah, pardon me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I saw that that, you know, I guess when they were prepping to do all this read you know line that he borrowed elements from All Stars Superman. Uh in terms of like the tonal direction and stuff like that. So I've only watched the All Stars Man animated movie, so I didn't read the series. But but that's what Grant Morrison kind of did to kind of give him like emotional depth and.
Speaker 2: Like more character. What's All Star Superman's just to come a book? Serious? Yeah, like most of the got real popular superheroes.
Speaker 3: I have multiple different lines like Batman got like eighty million down comic books out the series out there.
Speaker 2: X Men got like three hundred million, so it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the movie open, there's this Did you say whether you liked it or not?
Speaker 2: You're just saying, yeah, I said it was fine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think it was bad.
Speaker 3: It's definitely what it's not as bad as Man is still Man and still was all No, this was way way better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I borrowed the jump Jesus Christ. I can't still I can't believe people still like that movie.
Speaker 2: But Superman was kind.
Speaker 3: Of goofy, you know in this movie and stuff.
Speaker 2: He kind of kicking and stuff like that with Jimmy's like what are you doing anyway? Because he's goofy in the In the Christopher Reeve ons he wasn't this goofy.
Speaker 1: He wasn't this goofy, but he was still goofy. I think that people kind of forgot Superman's a little goofy because they tried to make them all dark and brooding like Batman. He wants to see fucking dark and brooding.
Speaker 2: Superman was more serious. No, Superman was.
Speaker 1: Serious was Christopher Reeve was serious, but he had like more comedic elements than them other ships did. Like the last couple of reincarnations Superman were so overly serious.
Speaker 2: It was like, this doesn't feel like Superman.
Speaker 1: Superman needs to be this happy, kind of like jolly guy. We already have Batman. We don't need to dark, brooding white Man. That that's how the Proud Boys get started. That's but I thought he always was goofy as like Kent though, and then and then the Superman was more of a like like Ken saying, a more serious guy. I always thought Superman was just goofy and kind of cheesy, even when he not like Spider Man kind of goofy, But I don't think he was being that goofy. He was decently serious when he was getting his ass for two and a half hours, so he was decently serious.
Speaker 2: He got his ass from the jump. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He ain't really do shit the whole movie. But nevertheless, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Man. The movie open with.
Speaker 3: Them sat in the scene where there was like three centuries ago, there were medical humans thirty years Superman was sent here. Three years ago. He revealed himself to the world. Three weeks ago he stopped an invasion by Bravia and.
Speaker 2: To Jaring Parr. And then I think after that it was three hours ago he lost his first fight. I want to say it was quick, was it? It was less than that? Right?
Speaker 1: It was it three hours, three minutes ago, three minutes, I think it was like three minutes and then this two.
Speaker 2: Okay, were y'all inobe cinema? Yeah? Absolutely? Were you in cinema?
Speaker 1: No? I watched it, idea. What what I was in? All I know is I like the damn movie man. That's when you hit the ground, you felt it.
Speaker 2: I was I was in the screen X lost three screens on there it was fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, its experience make it does man, it might have been I'm gonna go look while y'all are talking that.
Speaker 3: You felt ship movie you were in aobeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I felt anything moving. I smelled some ship, but that's just theater I was at.
Speaker 2: So I watched it twice.
Speaker 3: The first time I watched it was in Adobe, and then I went back and watched it with the captions. Uh, and it's a completely different experience.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: We don't feel like you in the goddamn movie.
Speaker 2: But y'all gotta will like glasses to watch it with captions.
Speaker 3: No, they well, they have some movie times that has the captions on the actual screen.
Speaker 2: I told you this before. Yeah, I see it. I see it in the app. They don't have a lot of show. There's not many of us. There's not many of them.
Speaker 1: But it's saying closed captions ignoring this food. It is say closed captions when you order, because I ain't never.
Speaker 2: Looked for It's like they just show up because you've got the class the close glasses. But to his sis, though, to your sweet you say, sometimes you have to have a device, thank you, Yes, not glass. The device has the cap how the words it's gonna up here because you got running down the bottom of the glasses. What the device look like? Then, like that's I.
Speaker 1: See it like that usually once I'll send you a picture. It's this big awkward ass thing like a big arm and then like a big screen.
Speaker 2: So you have you have to like just so you got to go.
Speaker 3: Anyway where you were, you guys intrigued by him losing? Uh is losing a battle for the first time. That that kind of really set up some interest in the movie.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was going to start like that. I thought it was dope that they started like that basically from what we saw in the trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I did think it was It was dope how they started. It threw down off a little bit. He's like man Man because anytime like a hero or something is losing, he don't like that. He like it bothers him. So I think that was a rough start for him.
Speaker 1: But for me, I thought I understood the storytelling element of it, So I thought.
Speaker 2: It was dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Superman ain't supposed to lose, so he was like lost, What the hell just happened?
Speaker 2: It just felt very James gunn.
Speaker 1: I feel like he set out to adjust our expectations for how he's gonna treat Superman. And starting the movie off getting his ass whooped was so good because of course.
Speaker 2: I want to know who beat his ass. That's what I was like, lost to who. That was the first thing that I thought I didn't expected to start like this. I really did. He was wheezing and ship, Yeah, they whooped his ass, so he gave asthma.
Speaker 4: But god damn, it made sense too though, while he lost when they showed it, like yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But at first it was like, no, Superman, don't get beat up like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but they used to it as a moment to kind of introduce us to Crypto. You know, Crypto comes along, he whistles. A lot of this stuff was in the trailer, which I thought was actually good because.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like the bulk of like the movie, like you're starting with what you've seen, right, let's get this out the way. Yeah, it's like, oh shit, there's a whole lot of movie love. But Crypto bring his ass up. I see it. You just see the you just see the cane crypt up.
Speaker 3: And Crypto is playful and he takes him back to the Fortress of Solitude.
Speaker 2: Pause for two seconds.
Speaker 1: They left that out the trailer, so the trailer just shows him Dragon Superman away. They geniusly left out just how much of a fucking dog the dog is. So the fact that he ran over there and immediately jumped on and was biting him and ship, I was like, this is too good, This is too fucking good.
Speaker 4: Crypto definitely added to the movie. Crypto crypto experience was really good.
Speaker 2: I was like, if they killed his fucking dog, I'm walking out. So the crypto, Uh, what are your thoughts? Some crypto did the work well in the movie? Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I like that they kept him like just like a dog in Superpowers or whatever. So yeah, that was that was really dope. But I was wondering. I was wondering where the hell did he come from.
Speaker 1: Like because I don't remember him in any Superman so like that prevalent in a movie.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was wondering that the whole time. Yeah, yeah, no, I'm in agreement.
Speaker 3: I think basically just exactly what Mike say, like he was just the fucking dog like that was it, you know, And I thought he worked well, just like you Spike.
Speaker 2: I think the element was good.
Speaker 3: I think he was probably my favorite part of the whole movie, you know, definitely one of but I thought it really worked well. So anyway, so while getting treatments the robots four twelve and some other numbers, they helped Superman heal by.
Speaker 2: Amplifying the sun using like this magnifying glass.
Speaker 3: And while he's doing that, they played the parent's message and he listened to the message and they say it soothes him. But only, of course half the message was saved and the other half was damaged. So we'll get more on that later. But after Sue Man is eighty three percent healed, he jumps back into the fight and for this piece of shit, Robot was quick to point out, Bro, you just got your ass whooped at one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Why the hell you running your ass back out?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: That was fat, it was it was yeah, Superman went anyway, and then you get the title card and uh, and what did you ron? What did you think of how they kind of set that up with Superman flying and then veering up and then they have the little thing.
Speaker 4: That shit felt good, It felt great, Like like I think at that moment my son was just like, oh, hell, yeah, you know what I'm saying, were about to get into it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did like that moment. It felt like a big moment after being like, you know, revived or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just a side note, before leaving, Crypto apparently destroyed the Fortress of Solitude and uh and you know he was whimpering and Superman left for sup Soups didn't really give it.
Speaker 2: Damn he loves Spike. It he loved anyway, Spike.
Speaker 1: I will say that the that the silliness threw me off at first. Who he came in like what y'all been doing in here?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I wasn't expecting Superman to be like that. I'll take it back. This is one of the reasons why I was concerned if Mike would like it or not, because I had seen another trailer.
Speaker 2: We talked about this on another episode.
Speaker 1: That I saw another trailer where I saw that Superman was acting kind of silly, and I was like, oh, I don't know if Mike's seen this trailer enough, he's gonna like it, because I know, I know, I know you've been critical of like the Ragnarocks of the world and so if I thought it might have been like that.
Speaker 4: So I was like, Oh, I don't know if they're gonna go this direction. I'm not sure if Mike's gonna like it.
Speaker 1: That's only because I don't remember thor ever being goofy in the comics. Ever So, and if you, if you really want to, like Nick says, keep it a being. The only reason we got that Thow Ragnarok shit is because of James Gunn, because James Gunn did Gardens and Galaxy and added all that goofy, quirky comedy and then they just fucking copied it after that. So, but James Gunn does it. Well, whoever the fuck did rag Rock, in my opinion, didn't do it.
Speaker 2: That was the tea. But we like him though, who's wet star Wars?
Speaker 1: I don't evenmember what he did for Star Wars. I like Jojo Rabbit, but we're not here to talk about that. He did someone Mark, he did this, Nobody being like, let me go see what did with?
Speaker 2: I like you? I like him, man, I like him.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we opened back up and the person that beats Superman was named the Hammer of Bravia, and he's causing more havoc and again it didn't go well for Superman.
Speaker 2: And but we see why now Looke let s.
Speaker 3: Luthor is orchestrating the whole fight, and he said, let's nose over twenty five hundred different fight combinations.
Speaker 2: When you guys saw this, Spike, did it make sense for how Superman was getting his ass?
Speaker 4: Well, perfect sense, Like I'm glad that they immediately went to, oh, he's been studying this, He got the tape A whatever it was, he used the monitors moves. It made it a lot more palatable to Superman is getting beat up because somebody's guessing what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: We'll not guessing, but knows what he's gonna do, So that makes sense. What about your Mike? Yeah, it made sense, but it was pissing me off.
Speaker 1: This was one of those those parts where I was just like, I hate that Superman won't kill people, because Batman would have killed X Luler already. But yeah, the fact that he knew all of his moves A one, you know, L five, I was like, all right, that's actually kind of smart.
Speaker 2: That's how that's how a rich person would fight.
Speaker 1: They're just gonna use their brain because they know they can't whoop nobody's ass.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I thought Batman didn't kill either. Batman will kill a motherfucker. He has killed before, but this was like earlier on in the comics.
Speaker 1: I like dark Batman throw a motherfucker off a building, back that ship. So Batman ain't never killed no thank you, moving on, huh? But he has killed people on purpose?
Speaker 2: Has he not? Thank you? That's what I'm saying. I've read the comic book. Always be trying to check me.
Speaker 3: But that was probably before the New Batman, so they probably people probably say.
Speaker 2: It don't count. I'm in my forties, kid, I don't know. No New Batman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, golden age. I think there's is a golden age or still rage. But one of those versions of Batman, he did kill somebody. I was like, oh, ship, Batman killed somebody.
Speaker 2: Anyway, always take it over season damn Oh walking up? Serious? I hit hpurst. He's still you know, people serious, bro, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: But but I'm with y'all. I did like the justification of Batman. I mean, I'm talking about Batman Superman get his ass, kid, because he knewest moves ahead of ahead of time and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, yeah, that that was good. I think I think Lex Luthor was really good at it. I didn't expect him to be body. I thought he did a great job on this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Nicholas was great. Yeah real quick? Oh shit, you about affect.
Speaker 1: In his early appearances, particularly from the nineteen thirty nine to forty, Batman did kill criminals, often without much remorse. I didn't hear what he said. What he said, I don't know about no reccons. I'm old Jalen.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean it's not a fact. All I know is old ship, bro. You could attext me that too, see Jayalen think he's slick. Oh, wolf Gang said it too. He's like, don't care about wolf Gang either. He said he's agreeing with y'all. He only killed in Golden Age and the it's all I know. I'm a Golden Age man, Jalen. All I know is old ship anyway.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So while Superman and his ass kicked the engineer, lowcate Superman how now and let's once she discovers it, leaves Superman in a hole in the ground, but Molly decides to run up to help Superman out because Superman helps somebody out one day.
Speaker 2: He said it was his turn to help. But we'll get more on that later because I'm sure he'll probably regret that decision.
Speaker 3: During the fight, we also see Luther's girl, Eve taking selfie. She's she was in other movies too. I can't as Eve t something. I can't say her last name. But during this Luthor makes He says that Pride won't be making choices today and he has the Hammer of Bravian return to Luther corve or portal and is revealed to be Ultraman, so turns out he was fake. Next, this is when we get introduced to the rest of the crew at the Daily Planet, and we're also introduced to Clark Kent's parents. Did did you guys make anything of his interactions with his colleagues? Did you guys like how they introduced us? So we got Clark and Jimmy celebrating his front paced story. We got Lane and Clark fake fighting in which he mentioned there's nothing wrong with good journalism, which I'm sure he'll regret later, And we got.
Speaker 2: Jimmy as a set symbol. Can I go ahead and say it, y'all? Sorry? No, guess it was Jimmy, and I thought they were looking at no. I thought that was weird too. It was Jimmy for looking right right, I would think, so you set them up. So I thought he was gonna take his win and keep going wrong. But he had to stop. Saw what, Okay. I did not like Lewis Lane. Lois Lane. Yeah, she wasn't great. I don't know why. She was a nagger. I don't think that's what it what it was for me, she was a nagger like it was like she's talking again, Like.
Speaker 1: That's kind of how Margot Kidder's Lowis Lane was. Remember, I don't know what it was about this one. I don't think it was a nagging. That's valid if that's what it was for you. I don't know what it was, but I hate to say it.
Speaker 2: I just really did not like her the whole movie.
Speaker 1: I didn't like her the actor that, Yes, it was something about the actor that just wasn't hitting it home for me, and I wish I could say what it was.
Speaker 2: I liked Jimmy, I thought Jimmy was great. I loved bunk As Pierce Chief whatever his name is. But I did not like Lewis Lane. And I hate that about this for me. Yeah, Kate Grant, Cat Grant. I don't think it's Kat Grant who was just there, but she she's also I think it's Kat.
Speaker 3: Grant anyway, what about you, Rod, Lois Lane or just general?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of with Mike. I wasn't. I didn't hate her, but yeah, I didn't love her either.
Speaker 4: She was tolerable, but I don't know. I guess I just wanted something more. I don't think I felt the connection, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't find the connection between the two. There was no chemist. Yeah, that's what the problem was. It's interesting that you say that because she pointed that out. She did. She was likely just too different. We don't have the chemistry. I don't think we the same type of person. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But again, even when even once Lois Lane figured out that it was Superman in the originals, I can't reme if it was part two or whatever, I still felt like they had chemistry. Like, even though they were so different, I believe Margot kidder and and Christopher reed this one.
Speaker 2: I just never any believe it.
Speaker 3: Maybe the issue we got It's another three so they have been dating for three months, so we got lumped into the relationship already happening, and.
Speaker 4: I thought that was interesting when they placed us in the story, because normally it's like she doesn't know yet she finds out, So I thought it was an interesting place.
Speaker 2: They dumped us in the in the in the movie, I did too, and at first it bugged me.
Speaker 1: I settled in, but at first I was like, wait, so we're just like in the middle of a fucking story. But then I did watch an interview with James Gunn where he's like, he wanted to feel like you just picked up a comic book, and they don't. They don't always give you an origin story immediately. Sometimes you pick him up and you're just dumped in the middle of the story. Once he said that, I was like, Okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I like it. It's cool. Yeah, I didn't read that. I didn't know. Well.
Speaker 3: After that, we we get introduced to Planet Watch, which is lets this thing, and we have this whole conversation where he's trying to sell Planet Watch to the government, and you have General Flag and some other persons, but General Flag is the one that that you may see more of.
Speaker 2: He was the most noticeable name. General flag. I missed that.
Speaker 3: Who's yeah yeah flag? He was the the white guy, so you have the sorry narrow him down for me, please. He was one of the generals at the tables, the one at the whole table.
Speaker 2: I'll figure I'll go ahead and move on. I'll look it up.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast, where pressing play today taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you would like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and Ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community, and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 3: But anyway, but he points out during this discussion, because let's try to sell them, they point out, let's his conflict of interest because of his weapons deal, and Let's goes on to mention as Soups interfered in foreign affairs, which violates twelve treaties. He called him an alien and said he's dangerous and own the loose. Does this did any of that sound familiar?
Speaker 2: We don't have spoun not it. But I just wanted to point it out.
Speaker 1: This was one of my gripes. And I don't blame the film. I blame myself for being too serious. I don't know if I'm being overreactionary or what, but part of me was just like, I don't really know that I wanted Superman to be the movie that teaches people about like why you shouldn't be shitty to immigrants, but that has nothing to do with the movie. The more I thought about it, the more I sat with it isn't me problem. I think that this probably is the right thing to do if you want to get an idea across. You use this character that is the epitome of American hero and you, oh, he's an immigrant, so maybe you should be a little bit more open minded, not be so cenophobic.
Speaker 2: So I just want to throw that out there. It took me a while to.
Speaker 1: Really sit with this, but during the movie I just kept feeling myself getting annoyed by this, and I also thought that the other stuff felt a little bit too close to Israel Palestine. I don't think he meant that. I don't think he meant that. I'm just putting it out there again that I think this is a me problem that I've had to work through. So I don't know if anybody else picked any of that.
Speaker 4: Stuff up, but I definitely picked up the Israel Palestine thing in a sense of like how they were explaining it. What was the other one that you asked about, Oh, the Ali Yeah, yeah, that was a little heavy handed, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Hate it, right, Yeah, yeah, it's a me thing.
Speaker 3: Wait, anyway, online chatter, you know, hate some lets is just going through all the reasons. But after Pentagon, they didn't bite on it, and they said they need a proof of intent, So, uh, that gave Lets more motivations for his actions throughout the rest of the movie. So then we pick up back at Lane's apartment where she is in fake danger. How how many times we're gonna do this? Ohle, somebody's in my apartment? Uh, and it's nobody, but somebody. I know thing when she picked up the bat, it's gonna be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody believes this. I believe that. For a minute. I guess I'm dumb. I thought someone. I thought someone was in your apartment. We started thought I was here. It's like, what's that sounds? No? The movies.
Speaker 1: And she already I think at this point we kind of picked up that they kind of know each other. So I was like, oh, somebody's about to try to kill Lois Lane. I don't know, did you about a fake fight at the planet? Yeah, because I don't think they established that they knew each other like that yet, so I didn't know it was a fake fight, y'all you about to fake fight? They gotta ask everybody, stupid, Uh, the fake fight.
Speaker 2: Between remember they were having a fake fighter? Why do you keep you interviewing yourself? She was like or something like that? Was that fake. Thank you, bro. They said it was fake. Yeah, thank you. I remember one can wait they did later when it was in the apartment. He was like, I appreciate the banter it made. At least I got undumbed quickerly around it talking.
Speaker 1: You're talking talking about the apartment scene, right, yeah? Are you saying at the internet? They said it was fake? No, like pretty much like once, Oh.
Speaker 2: You're thinking about the fight when he left, Yeah, no, fake fighting at the planet. When she was at when he was at the newspaper, and she was like the writing was bad. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah you do that. Yeah you didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, No, I thought y'alling about the apartment scene would act like I'm dumb man called dumbout point.
Speaker 2: I thought, was that the apartment scene for some reason, you know, you weren't alone, Mike. I think they did a good job. They got me.
Speaker 3: I think they did a good job of making it seem like she was starting because she had a look on her face but she was questioning, like wait a minute, you keep interviewing Superman.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It made it look like she was really trying to And I was like, she's kind of a dick because that was rude, the writing's not good. Fuck you your pants aren't good. Shut up.
Speaker 3: So but anyway, Layne in a debate, and uh, at that point he starts to regret his journalism line because he decides he wants to have this interview with and where I was, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you know, we learned quickly that this version of Superman one is not media savvy and very arrogant. I don't know, didn't come across arrogant.
Speaker 4: You guys dismissive more so to me, Like I don't think he was respecting Louis's interviewing skills and he was expecting her to be like soft balls, but he referred to himself as in the third person softball softball interview questions.
Speaker 2: Superman got soft balls. He was expected he was expecting Lewis Man still got soft ball, good Man of softballs, not the man is still the softball. Uh no he was.
Speaker 1: I think he was expecting more like softball interview questions. And then when she was like really in her reporter bag, he was like getting offended. So I think that's what happened. I'm sorry if y'all came here for if y'all came here for mature reviewers.
Speaker 2: You came to the wrong channel. That is that a term? Softball question? But he said soft balls? He said he she was expecting softball. He said he was. He was expecting softballs.
Speaker 1: Even better, that's a media term, right, super good Superman apparently hated oh Man, Yeah, he hated.
Speaker 2: You know that gets me angry. Oh Man. He's like, that's a softball spot for me. We'll grow up one day.
Speaker 3: But being a dick man who was right though, and and their whole discussion about him interfering and foreign affairs like.
Speaker 1: That, they were both right, man. It was a very valid conversation. I thought she was being a dick you think so I thought she was being rude. I thought she's being rude the whole fucking movie. But I definitely think she was being rude here. I think she set him up and she was trying to prove a point. So I actually don't think all the way that their fight was fake. I think she really does think his writing and ship and his interviews weren't good, because she.
Speaker 2: Kicked it off being like why don't you do this? And what about this? And what about this? And he's like, I thought you were my girl, I thought I cooked dinner for you too.
Speaker 3: I mean they always talking about his writing, or were they okay, well.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Because I thought that she was just being a good journalist. She was asking the tough questions yeah, which he would get right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I mean so actually though, it's a good journalism to be asking tough questions.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of how I took it, you know what I'm saying, no leading or anything. She just immediately started being a jack you know. Well, she was excited to finally do it, right. That was a genuine excitement.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think she had always been I guess like because she was like, well I knew this wouldn't work, which is she was trying to say that in two different ways or whatever.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, I think she she was maybe been trying to prove the point that why.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't work, Like you're not ready for these questions I'm about to ask you type thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so yeah, like you said that, she she said I knew him work, and Superman was like, right, we all we hear that. Ship. The first thing was I say, what does that mean? Yeah, we're still talking about journalism, but Superman was like, left. I was mad for him. That was some bullshit. What I hate when I can't say when women do it, when partners period. I hate that ship. Don't turn your back to me and say some little slick ship like that. Oh I knew it wasn't gonna work. He's like, wait, what really? Lois though the end of a fighting what the future? Just leave? She was like, you're gonna fight for the planet, but you wanna fight for this, That's what I'm saying. Don't try to like make it. Nah, you did that ship, and then you're gonna act like you're surprised. I walked out. I'm with soups. Fuck this, i gotta go fight some fucking monsters. I came over here and made you food, and you told this wasn't gonna work. The why am I here? She said it with a back turn too, That's what that's so fucking and then stirring my food that I just made. You know, he got good hearing.
Speaker 1: No one like at the is it the speed of a bullet In the spin of a bullet, I'd have collected all the food I made and fucking left that apartment and left her hungry.
Speaker 2: It was just out of broke her fucking little recorder thing that he didn't know how to work or how to.
Speaker 1: Use, my fucking cold breath, and made all the food cold. Keep talking, ship, Lois. I knew this wasn't gonna work.
Speaker 2: It was only eggs, though it ain't like he put the meal together. That might be a lot for Superman. He might not know how to cook well. I would.
Speaker 4: I would have been partly already perturbed too, if somebody was fixing me breakfast for like a date.
Speaker 2: He said that she likes breakfast, and she said, no, that's you that like. You like breakfast because that's all you can cook everybody. That's what I'm saying. He might have be able to cook, but he made her his favorite meal. It's the thought that counts. And she said, I only like breakfast at breakfast. She's nasty and rude. Now that we're going through it, she definitely means I don't like that you like that. I still made you some food, though she didn't even acknowledge this. Thank you and nothing.
Speaker 1: It's not mine, brot cold blood.
Speaker 2: I'm taking that ship anyway.
Speaker 3: But we also during this old exchange, we get we understand that he is motivated by his parents.
Speaker 2: Uh. The one thing he knows about his parents though, is that they told him to do good.
Speaker 3: He's because the other half of the message was ruined, but he cherishes only part of the message she hears, and of course this will come back later. Next after that, let's go to the fortress and somehow manages to gain entry. During this scene, though, we get to see the Engineer and Ultraman go to work. The Superman need better robots, right, mm.
Speaker 2: Hmm, I mean, I mean what they programmed to to fucking feat like this. I think I think they were you know, they have one job.
Speaker 1: You know what s motherfuckers is not a combat team, Like obviously it was getting sucked up.
Speaker 2: Maybe what did you think about the engineer? I thought the which one was the engineer? Find one? That was everybody up? I thought she was dope. Yeah within that night ship, Yeah she was dope. I like, I liked her. I was wondering why she walked funny, you know she was. It's her natural walk.
Speaker 4: That's natural walk. Like y'all don't think she walked. Yeah, when she was walking in the snow, she I thought she was almost Yeah, yeah, it was like robotic, So I didn't know what she has a disability, and that's what I and I almost didn't bring it up because I ain't know she had a disability in real life.
Speaker 2: One of her legs was fake. It was nights. She said she sacrificed herself for lets his cars, So yeah, and she sacrificed. See, other people noticed that she was walking hard as fuck. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why I thought she was walking hard, Like, yeah, she was walking like weird, But no, I thought she was.
Speaker 4: Dope though I did think she was dope, and she said she sacrificed her humanity.
Speaker 2: What she was doing. Yeah, what did you think about the engineer Mark?
Speaker 1: I thought the engineer was fucking dope, dope and leading up to that scene, when they walked up, immediately I was like, how are they getting in? So I think they did this so well because they saved that answer for the end. But yeah, when she walked in and then robots were running, she was like, but when you say that the robots had one job, I'm trying to figure what the fuck their job was because they couldn't even get the rest of the message.
Speaker 2: They couldn't control crypto. What is their job robots.
Speaker 1: Useless is to take care of him and to maintain the little spot out there. They didn't do a very good job because they decorate it not protected, but maintained.
Speaker 2: But they couldn't even stop Crypto from biting the ship.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, man, they were he as rude ass robots, disrespectful robots.
Speaker 2: It was just like, yo, that don't mean, yeah, we don't care if he lives or so we just let it go.
Speaker 1: This scene was really fucking cool, man, really cool, and I like, I just think the way they filmed it with Lex just walking and he ain't got to do ship and they're just blocking anything that could possibly hit him. It was just so good good And I was wondering how you gained access because they didn't reveal that either, right, So that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now the engineer god absolutely busy the spike where you concerned about Crypto?
Speaker 4: I knew crypt well, actually you know what I was. I was like Mike, I was like, man, they been not kill his dog man, especially after we had been introduced to it, and you know, you laughed. It was funny for a little minute. So I was concerned when they put that thing over his face a muzzle or whatever.
Speaker 2: He cried.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, no, thought they was gonna kill it. They killed the damn dog. It would have been motivation though for him to john Wick style.
Speaker 2: It would have been more motivated, but he was still motivated though he was the worst, worst, but yeah, that's what got him going. They stole the dog.
Speaker 4: How did they find I know the lady's seen it, but I didn't like how easily they found the fortressiving when they went back, like, what.
Speaker 2: Made it come out of the ground.
Speaker 1: I understand he got access to get in right, No, I think the GNA period that's what made it got it, That's what happened before. That's so that's so good that they did it that way because at first I was like, wait, what how did that happen? And I expected him to reveal it immediately, but they held on to it.
Speaker 4: That's really good, right for lex when she found it and lost it, he's like, it's cool, we got what we need. So he knew that once he got there on once he got the location and didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Well while she's decoding all this stuff trying to get the evidence because he needed proof of intent. He refers to Superman, not as a man, but an it a focal point of the world's conversation. I don't know if that sounds familiar, but you know, I just thought i'll point that out.
Speaker 2: You keep saying that who you who you're referring to the world. Now, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Was.
Speaker 2: I was concerned for minutes. You said the first one you did like that, he said they looked at him as an alien and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about Obama. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, just just I just wanted to confirm. Oh no, why would you think Obama? You know, the first one you said, you said you looked at as an alien, and all this other you said something else the things.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, just kind of the political undertones and messages in here. I'm just I was just pouring rhetor was Obama? But I'm saying the first one I thought you who was the first one that he thought? He was just talking about like how people talking in the world today towards immigants. No, I got that. I think he was talking about the Pentagon. I'm trying to figure out where Obama came from. It was the whole alien of shit. When you just say not I used to call Obama alien. I never heard that that. Yeah, I ain't never heard that one. Maybe not. We know Trump used to say the ship that he wasn't from this country and ship. Yeah birth you're talking about the birth rights all right? Yeah, yeah that's all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, while getting info from uh there, let's created the distraction.
Speaker 2: Uh and we see a Kaji kaju. I thought that was sucking the little thing from le Loan Stitch. You said the same thing, said he literally thought. I was like, oh, is that in this unit? I've never seen le Loan Stitch. I was like, oh, maybe that's in this universe. I said the exact same. So it's not Pauls when that guy said it'll get better. Bigger said that, No, I didn't. He did in his brain. He was like, I did say. Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, there's this this whole fight scene, but they used this as a moment to introduce the Justice Game, which is not their name.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But anyway, thoughts on the Justice Game man and how they ended up taking down the.
Speaker 4: That's not their name. Are they leading this into something else? Like when they changed it to Justice Justice League. I assume that, Yeah, just running gag or something. It's kind of like what they were doing and the what you call it. Okay, I like the dude with the blonde hell, he was hilarious Gardener. Yeah, he was like the third best person in the movie to me, Like he was all his lines hit everything that he was.
Speaker 2: Doing, So that was pretty cool. I like the other dude too, Big Ronnie. That was his name. He played this Haitian game than the Netflix, and that was his name, Big Rodney. But I liked it. All of that stuff works for me. Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, they said, uh, the JG were funded by lower Tech, which is why we see matxwell Lord in the movie at the end.
Speaker 4: But yeah, what about you, ron what did you think about the j G The Justice Game. I was a little concerned at first. I didn't know if they were gonna work. I was just like, I don't know, I wasn't feeling them immediately.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they wore me over, like pretty quickly, pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: But when they first was introduced, i't know, I thought it was gonna be super corny, but it ended up being all right.
Speaker 2: It ended up working. I liked that they didn't have just like a hero tone to them.
Speaker 4: It was more like the Deadpool type superhero like they're still like sense of humor. So I liked that about him. Yeah, they ain't not working, I thought. I thought the mister terrific.
Speaker 2: Uh. He looked like Robert Downey in Tropic Uh, Tropic Thunder. He got this little playing backflace. Y'all didn't think that even the way he was talking, even know why he was talking, right, he did have a job that, Yeah, that's him. He did like man that dog man. Yeah, come on, he did. He sounds like Robert down No, that's the vibe out that I think, look like, thank you, I might come on. He put on a black sip bro serious. It didn't even have to write like he's doing it. I think that's him. I think that. I don't know. I don't know that actor. See, I don't know. That was a little extra. I'm telling you. He gave us a regular black man, and y'all can't even like this.
Speaker 1: Yesh, he's sounding like a normal black man as opposed to fucking Nigga Bird or any of these other black folks they throw in here.
Speaker 2: This dude, fell this is one of the best black superheroes we've gotten. Thought of the movies. I thought he was dope. Dom liked him too. Dom liked him.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that Dom liked him, But damn, motherfucker, he sounded like Robert Downey.
Speaker 2: That's him, though, Like that's that? I don't know. Okay, got you. I was like, what the hell alone this? I was like that, and they got mister terrific in here. Bro. I don't, I don't. Y'all are crazy, man? How you know?
Speaker 1: Man wild, I'm not who cares about what the commenter saying. This is, this is us talking.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that. I did not black scent, especially for a black man like I don't understand how how.
Speaker 4: Sounds like when y'all watched another one of his movies, y'all, I believe the movie.
Speaker 2: Nothing, I'll look it up. I thought he was good. I think that.
Speaker 1: And the thing about this, I agree with you if the accent changed. He talked like that the whole movie, and I think I think and I think the fact that he said, come on, man, y'all brought that dog. I think that's black. But not being a shi, what would you say if somebody brought this a dog?
Speaker 2: You're you're annoyed? Oh, he was in house. He didn't at that way at all in house, nor in man first class, nor in Twilight. I don't remember this dude. I remember him in Twilight. He definitely talked like that. In Twilight. He was that pimpass vampire with the shirt was already that man. Never buttoned his shirt. Bro, I wear wolf ga.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 2: He was a few sentences away from saying sucker. He was right, so wide. That's not a black scent. Black folks talk like that, but black folks don't say sucker. Well, last say it.
Speaker 1: He didn't say it. I'm saying the way he was talking, he sounded like a black man, right.
Speaker 2: I told him fan, I was like, I'm he didn't say John like right, y'all can't y'all can't.
Speaker 1: He had a little baby throw to him, what you's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I liked him. Look, look, I liked him. Why they don't give a ship. That's why you got nigga bird because motherfuckers like you too. No, they give us nigga bird.
Speaker 1: Talking about I know people at the police department for you motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: And if you add too black, you got a black cent. Put the mockers next to each other. Oh, you're tripping down anyway. Let's let's move on real quick. The only thing I do want to say is Guy Gardner. Did you recognize him? My? No, every time I see him, he was buff, he was in Buffy. He was the priest that was beating the fuck out of her. Really every time I.
Speaker 1: See And that's the first thing I think about is he's forever the priest and Buffy.
Speaker 2: That fucks people up.
Speaker 1: But I like him, and I think he was so good as as Guy Gardners his name. I thought he was great the comedy hit it was, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was good. Every time.
Speaker 3: I thought he was just great too, just as an asshole, because yes, that's fucking Gardner.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't read Green Green. That's Green Lanner. That's what it's supposed to be. He was.
Speaker 1: It was green, dude, that's what I so. That's like the first version of the Green Ladders chain. Okay, that's a bad questions. What I meant more, I knew.
Speaker 2: It was green Lander, and I'm like, is this why are you doing like that?
Speaker 1: Ron?
Speaker 2: Oh look at Green Ladder. I didn't know if it was he didn't know immediately know Okay, so the question was wrong. I didn't know if the position turned over. I didn't know if it was several green.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: But yeah, don knew immediately that it was green Land. I thought that we got you the first.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so the Superman really didn't do ship but run around saying squirrels. Uh that was But the Justice Gang handled business.
Speaker 2: They kicked the ass.
Speaker 1: They blew that motherfucker thing up, talk about taking it to was a galactic zoo.
Speaker 5: And what mister Terrific saying, come on, man, he would have.
Speaker 2: Been being blazing such your dumb ass. Second, they had been mad if he said that, though, they've been mad if he said that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, this this led to uh, the JG trying to get this celebration and nobody celebrating that all because we finally learned what the second part of the message is.
Speaker 2: His parents would.
Speaker 3: Urge him to conquer Earth and take as many wise as needed to restore Krypton. And because of this message, this gives Luther leverage if there were any doubts about it being fake. Mister Terrific came on later when they met with Superman to affirm that it was real because mister Terrific said he knew those people and they wouldn't lie, and that's it.
Speaker 2: So that was one of my gripes. What what.
Speaker 1: How fast everybody turned on Superman? I feel like that could have been fleshed out just a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's a small gripe, you know, with a small gripe.
Speaker 1: But when they immediately were just like what fuck this guy and that dude through that fucking cannon busting the back of his head, I was like, wait a minute, now, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Like he was y'all's favorite guy and y'all turned that quick White. Yeah, it was just a.
Speaker 1: Little bit rushed. Yeah, it was a rush of your rock and I feel rushed at the moment it made sense, it felt I felt it. I was like, man, I don't know, it felt it felt. It felt pretty real to me. I mean, they turned on him quick. Look at what's happening to Trump and the story. Hm, I think it's the same, But I don't think it's the same. But one fact about that, did y'all know that they changed how that look when it when that ship hit his head In the original trailer, he blinks when when he hit when he gets hit by the can. But now they change it to where he's like stone faced the whole time. Yeah, Superman better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they changed it. They changed it. Yeah, it's just a little little see like a little little fun fact.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, anyway, so the Robbie and President I don't have his name here, he gets he does at Mester, he climbed Superman for having his harem and stuff say he loves the woman and and Bravio or whatever. And but to know what's surprised He's working with Lets and apparently we learned that Lets is gonna get half of during poor.
Speaker 2: But while talking to the.
Speaker 3: Justice Gang, he realizes that the reason and how they got this message is because they somehow got into his secret high out. So he went back home. He saw the devastation. He just like everybody else, was like, how to fuck you get in?
Speaker 2: Uh? Since this thing was key to his DNA.
Speaker 3: But the thing that pissed him off was he had a John Whip moment because they took Crypto and suit ran up on.
Speaker 2: Lets and busting the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's use that out person to turn further turn the media against him.
Speaker 2: Spike is crypto. An ugly dog with the cake. Ugly dog, Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: I've seen, the dog with a cake. I've seen uglier dogs, like the one in dead Pool. That's that's an ugly dog. But this one was fine, a little whatever bulletarrier. But I thought that that scene was good.
Speaker 4: And as far as the flip scene, I think that's anonymous been with it, synonymous with how today is. I think people get turned on quickly, cancel culture and then like crowd think like it worked for me. His racist friend told him that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's another conversation. Yeah, I believe, But for the mice tho, Yeah, I don't think that. Yeah, I don't think that the dog was an ugly dog. I liked the little dog.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: We see Peacemaker drops in uh the Justice Gang or fighting a dimensional imp while Soups is talking to Lane uh and she mentioned she grew up on punk rock. Mike, what did you make of this conversation about punk rock?
Speaker 2: What is? What is a punk rock? I could have done without this when we asked, I I could have sworn, you said, Mike Ken could have sworn. Yeah, I wasn't talking about the Micael Hones, Okay, you're asking me thought I could care less about it? Right, that was your thought.
Speaker 1: That was the extent of what you had. I was still trying to get my thought out. I was gonna say I could have done without this. But once again, this is strictly a mean thing. I understand why was in the film.
Speaker 2: They explained it.
Speaker 1: Later on, but I being a pretentious asshole guest. I was in the theater cringing a little bit because I was like, I don't want to hear this is silly. There's there's nothing punk rock about Superman.
Speaker 2: Well, she said she was punk rock. I know that.
Speaker 1: He's like, well I'm punk And she's like, but you don't really like punk or whatever, because she like scoffed that he would be punk. And I'm like, you're not punk either, said punk song' always asshole, you just yourself as one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, again, I want to make it very clear before anyone's like, oh, you're being too critical.
Speaker 2: It's a me thing. I think it was perfectly fine for the movie. It's just a strictly me thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, but I thought like punk also was like like for the people and ship like that and fight against the systems and ship, isn't that that's kind of yeah. So if you say, I don't really want to sit here for the next thirty minutes, explain to y'all why Superman's not punk, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: Well, you said, Louis when punk either, though, so you have you've seen her out with one of the T shirts.
Speaker 2: I'm asking y'all want to try to nail me on this.
Speaker 4: If I see her out with a popular punk rock T shirt on, you questioned her credentials.
Speaker 2: That's what you say.
Speaker 1: Yes, if Lois Lane walked up to be in a certain shirt, I'd be like, I don't know if I believe I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't care enough to think about it. I think that I was curious what you are?
Speaker 1: They go see God, damn it, we get out of the comments. Yes, you want me, you just clicked over.
Speaker 2: I was curious about what you thought about it. No, I no, that's the same He's saying the same shit, these motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not in the comments right now. What I was gonna say is the mighty crab Joys.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if that was a real I know what I was going to say, is I found out later because Don wanted me to play it later he really liked the song or whatever, and and so yeah, I didn't know because because I want to say, obviously, but they didn't sound like punk to me when they finally played the song from me, and I thought that was funny.
Speaker 1: I just want to point out, Marty McFly gets me. Thank you, it's modern young millennial white punks. That's not your area, Mike, I get it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's one sentence to explain what I tried to explain to y'all motherfuckers. And y'all wanted to like hold me to some ship.
Speaker 2: That ship, you know what ship, modern young millennial YouTube pump. You know we're not gonna let that man? Why and thought that YouTube? This? Would you realize the air of your ways? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Or do you really thinking that YouTube? What is Jesus, I don't know, think about our homeboy white tea Andrew?
Speaker 2: Oh white? He meant white. Yes, you've never seen this means white. That's what it means that I thought they're talk about YouTube people. What wait a minute, I I'll explain it to you. We come back to this.
Speaker 3: Acronyms, but you know, doing this whole conversation, Soups is talking about his parents' message and says he had only heard the first part. Did you guys get invincible vibes about the second part of the had I didn't watch?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine I haven't watched it. I know y'all keep telling me to watch it.
Speaker 3: So the one thing I was I was thinking about, just imagine if Superman did hear the second part of that message, Since the first part of the message has such an impact on him, he could be fucking.
Speaker 2: Bright burn Yeah he could. He could have turned out completely different. Oh you gotta watch Brightburns bid. Yeah, yeah, you like it. I only want to tell you what it's about. M m YEA watch it. So did you believe the message? I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't throughout the whole movie. I still don't believe it's true. But I can only go about everybody in the movie saying that it's.
Speaker 1: Auth I think it's authentic, but I think I think he edited it because I feel like he would be smart enough to do that. Like I feel like in one of the other movies, we're gonna get the full message. But I have a feeling that he he did something like he chopped it up or he moved pieces around or something.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's what the message says. Smart enough to fool these computer sid well, well, it would still read as authentic because it's part like, let's say, so not what BONDI did to this. No, no, not that.
Speaker 1: It would be more like if someone clip jimped you, right, like if you said something something something, and Spike says soft balls and they chop up this part about Spike saying soft balls and they just upload that. It's still authentic. Spike did say with soft balls, but they're changing the context around. That's what I'm thinking happened, because this would be a really weird thing for them to add. Now I don't remember the Superman comics like that, but I don't remember any comic where that was the case.
Speaker 2: I thought this was this may have been something new that they have. Maybe it is, and I'm just I don't know about it. I didn't look it up. But that's why I was just like, Okay, I guess this this is what it is.
Speaker 1: I won't be mad if this is really the message, because that does add an interesting layer to Superman that you were sent here to conquer, but instead you decide to save people.
Speaker 2: But you're only saving people because you only heard one part of the message, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: But clearly he doesn't want to go back because he's like, this is what I was meant to do. Right, even though he's heard the entire message. Now, he's still just like, no, I'm because he's now leaning on the fact that his Earth parents influenced him to be this way. So if it is a real message, I still think it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Soups decided to turn himself in.
Speaker 3: He gets mistreated, which of course I think is another message because he sent him coming to on my own court.
Speaker 2: Didn't get his rights, Red was told he didn't have any rights.
Speaker 3: And he sent to a pocket universe where he meets Metamorpho or Element Lad as they called him in this movie, which is probably another name for him, but I thought Element that was also in the Allegian of Superheroes. But anyway, Jimmy gets info from Mutant Toes, which we'll get more on that later, and we get more information about how Lets did everything. So he's walking us through and we see that we have Monkey doing the social media stuff, which is propaganda. We learned that he's giving away weapons in exchange for half the country, and we see Scrypto flying around chasing flying squirrels and Superman is hell hostages by Kryptonite made by Joe who was an element Lad or Element Man because they have his kid hostage. Uh, let's go back to Jimmy. So with all of this going on, Jimmy meets the source, who.
Speaker 2: Turns out to be Eve. You got surprised that Eve was the source. No, did this bother you guys?
Speaker 4: I all surprised that she would even go for Jimmy. She would dating somebody like Lex. It seemed like that's just not type.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of the gag. Yeah, that's why they set it up in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's kind of the gag that like, he doesn't look like he'd be this playboy sex symbol because just like it fooled you, you thought that those girls were looking at Clark, I did too, but they were really looking at Jimmy. So I think it was just an ongoing running gag. I kind of liked it because she's like, you know, you got to promise that we're gonna actually.
Speaker 2: Go on a real date, just us. And I'm looking at Jimmy like, bro, she's not bad, Like what is your deals? Like? You said, my feet looked like what what she's like? I don't remember. She said my feet like cocktail. I can look past some feet, man, he called them mutan toes. We don't know what it looked like.
Speaker 1: Feet is definitely a thing for me like this, But you're gonna not date a girl because her feet are sucked up?
Speaker 2: That's wild? All right, We're live. I mean, I had, I mean, but it's something that stands out. Got it stands out, stands out? Got it? You know, it does stand out.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot going on here, so feel free to interrupt as I kind of go through some of this. So Whileline is meeting with the j g uh, she we get some information on the glasses, the hypno glasses.
Speaker 2: That was good. That was because I I thought that was really dope. Oh wait, was that always a thing? Or they don't know that? Okay, I don't know. I don't know. I didn't look it up, but Jaylen said, yes, I think that was. Yes. The glasses that he wears make his face look different to people. That's why nobody can because everybody always saying, man, you just put that's.
Speaker 3: Always been a thing, glasses on. I like the thing everybody always asks, how do they not know a Superman.
Speaker 2: That was in the comics, Jalen. The glasses make people see him differently. That makes sense. That's that's really cool.
Speaker 3: Uh So during this whole exchange, mister Griffins says he put trackers and all his friends and that's how he was able to find Superman.
Speaker 2: It was crazy when they were looking when he said that was fun. I put that on there. It was like my friends. I loved him. He did a good job with the whole little crew. Did a good job except for the girl. Yeah, so do a good job. What you thought? She was great? Yeah? That was nothing was impressible her just like a blast of us.
Speaker 3: All right, uh so terrific reads to help God after God Gardner turned down.
Speaker 2: Did you guys like the bowl cut shot? And she said that boat, she said, she said to be kicked off having that? That was good, said Harold? What he said, Harold? What should be?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Oh man? That was good? That was like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, three hundred and forty eight was the number. What about thoughts on the this is another community thing about the garage.
Speaker 2: Door there that laughed, I can't front I laughed. I thought that was that was funny. Said you got a spaceship, get a good rush. That was funny. Hey, Rod, damn.
Speaker 3: Did Molly regret his descision to help Superman after he ended up as bait?
Speaker 2: Molly? That was the guy that got shot, the guy that got shot, that saved him out of the crane, playing Russian with him, and he was trying to use him to get Superman to that got me remember the Middle Eastern guy? Oh? Yeah, yeah? And what was your question about that?
Speaker 3: Just did he regret helping Superman? Didn't have to run his ass after this running out because he was just the whole time. I believe you don't worry about it. Basically my life worked it like, Yeah, he was. He was sacrifice like like basically sacrifice for the greater good. Yeah, he was like, look, don't get him ship, let him care me that shi It was that. It was a good scene, though. Were you surprised that it went that Superman actually went this dark?
Speaker 2: I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: I kind of thought they might kill him, but I didn't think it was gonna be that quick second second round. Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: I ain't get to stretch this out. That got me because I liked him at the beginning. I thought it was cute. It's like I gave him fil awful so we're friends. I thought it was funny. I did not expect them to.
Speaker 4: He was like, please don't do this, Please don't. Yeah, it was a moment. It was definitely a moment. Somebody screamed when he happened in my movie.
Speaker 2: It's rod. It wasn't me, it was That's that's how it sounded when it happened. It was like one person.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, this ship freaked Joe out. So Joe was over there crying and ship.
Speaker 3: So now he wants to free Superman so he can get this, uh mister Terriffic. Meanwhile arrives at the portal and uh he has a pretty dope fight scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sleeping on my boy man.
Speaker 1: I like, I ain't say nothing about his abilities, like he was come on, yeah, because they were like it was like, oh, it's one of the Justice games.
Speaker 2: Like now it's just a smart one. They learned real fast. You like this I did this is real good?
Speaker 1: Like again, I like, dude roll as far as what he did through, but it was good. You like when he put them balls on everybody.
Speaker 2: What he said they now balls, spears circles. Yeah, uh, Mike, did you like when you see when he did the Western thing, when he put the when he when he shot and then he kind of did this, Oh I guess I missed that part. Yeah, yeah, I missed it. Yeah, now he kicked all theirs he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was dope the way they James Gunn so good man, It's so dope how they filmed it where they put her in the little you call like a forest force and then you see he fucking everybody up through like her looking.
Speaker 2: Them hidden it too, just hidden thin air like that ship was dope. It was very Gardens of the Galaxy. But it was so so well done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after that scene, like Donald was asking me, who is who is he? Like he wanted to know who he was after this scene.
Speaker 2: Good. That's a good thing because we're finally getting that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm glad we got that perspective from a young black boy about this guy whatever.
Speaker 2: So he really liked mister terrific.
Speaker 3: So anyway we see there's this anti proton river that apparently if anything destroys it, what touches it.
Speaker 2: But that's not true.
Speaker 3: But uh, Superman broke out because Metamorpho was able to generate create the sun something.
Speaker 2: Like properties of the Sun something like it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Superman had a slow ass punch spike where he real fat and punched the glass and apparently, I guess the guy over there guarding Joe, I'm assumed that he was just blind from the light and that he didn't see Superman punched and threatened to kill that boy.
Speaker 2: But Superman flies over, he breaks the babybout, and uh that was it. When he saved the kid. Uh, mister Griffins said, oh my god, he said. She was like.
Speaker 7: Lane was like, oh, did you find some baby? Was like, no, that's a flying dog. Every time he spoke bron he speaks like a black man. He speaks like a black man from the from the from the seventies.
Speaker 2: We don't know what year this is.
Speaker 1: The Superman was dressed, y'all didn't question that old ass suit. We don't know what year this is, y'all, just stay shipping on.
Speaker 2: The blacks a flying dollar. I loved it. Yeah, that's not like one of my uncles. I fucking loved it. Uncle a flying dog. I don't know nobody. I don't I don't know anyone wants to talk like that.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you say your uncle talk like that. I don't know anybody. Is Joe terrible dad?
Speaker 2: No, he got his kid kidnapped.
Speaker 3: Man, he only killed the raptors after they attack. And the other question I have about this is that he said that he because he ripping by. He said, I can't even carry my own kid.
Speaker 1: He felt bad about getting his kid kidnapped. But okay, but he wasn't like the Jurassic Park family Dad.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like that bad. But yeah, he slipped up a little bit. Well, so I guess where I was confused.
Speaker 3: Because Superman fell his answer to that proton river, and somehow that baby did not touch the river.
Speaker 2: I could have swore that. I could have swore that baby rolled around in that river. He held. That was a great. He was getting beat up because he was holding the baby up. It was. I was surprised by what the Element man. He said.
Speaker 4: His name, His voice threw me off. I had a real light voice. It kind of fits though, you know he seems like a vos.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, well when you say it seemed like from his voice so period and period heerod.
Speaker 2: He didn't seem like a fighter. I didn't. I didn't expect when he was just sitting there just not saying anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that to be the voice that we heard when it's kind of like Mike Tyson Mike Tyson effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was like Mike.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect that voice. I thought it was gonna be like a deeper group type of voice. Baby Yeah, ain't sounded real like whimpy or whatever. I don't know, did y'all like the the.
Speaker 2: Black Holes scene?
Speaker 3: What he was about to go in there and he kind of turned around and because CRYPTI called cryptosrypt Cryptos too busy chasing the damn te spheres. Uh, And he's about to go in there and Crypto just playing around and he licks the baby.
Speaker 2: It was so good, man, it was so good that the comedy in this is so perfect. I'm just confused because Joe said that he could not carry his baby when he faced and maybe I just missed it, but somehow he was able to grab Superman and stop him from going into the black hole.
Speaker 1: Maybe he means while he's phasing, like if he's going from this to another shape, maybe he would drop him.
Speaker 2: But once he's that other shape, maybe he can grab Maybe. Okay, that that shooting bail. I don't know we're gonna go with that, because I was confident, like, wait, you just said you can carry your kid. But yeah, you got all these tentacles around Superman, you know.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is you can blow air into a black Holeman Superman.
Speaker 2: And prepare and push yourself back. Am I thinking too hard about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That that that would kind of make sense because even if the black hole is here and it's just empty, there's still space from here to your mouth.
Speaker 2: So him stop it, spike, so him blowing, but still push him back.
Speaker 3: I didn't look at the physics of it or any of this stuff. I was just kind of I was like, wait a minute, you can do that. So I didn't bother looking at him. And it's a super it's a superhero movie. Yes, he just kind of like let it ride. But I was like, wait what I And I think it was kind of a good way to I mean, he.
Speaker 2: Blew the dog away earlier. When the dog was barking winter you know.
Speaker 3: But uh but nevertheless, I was just like, I think, again, James gun is, this is a superhero movie. I'm gonna give you some superhero super Superman ship. So he's got the dog, ain't ship. I'm about to go into black hole. So I'm gonna just turn around it and you know, blow this air out of my mouth to stop it from going in there.
Speaker 2: It made sense to me in the moment, and they it worked because of the music that played when he did it and all that. So Crypto grabbing Crypto it worked.
Speaker 1: And as far as like Element Man being able to grab Superman, I feel like he would be able to withstand whatever it would happen.
Speaker 2: If he grabbed him. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, looked at it like it was this Superman like, why wouldn't he be able to do that to do I mean, the laws of physics app Superman. Yeah, if anybody can blow at Superman, if anybody can blow at.
Speaker 3: Superman, all right, Well anyway, Uh so Superman saves today again.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: They laying on the ground and the tea spear looking at him, and Rod mister Terrific was like, oh, she was like, did you find him?
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, I see Superman, a mean flying dog, a baby, and a squiggly man.
Speaker 6: Though I'm telling you right, it's accurate squeak, but people were laughing so squiggly Man the way he talked man, I'm sorry. I mean, look, I you know, I got used to it, but at first that ship was jarn.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Superman gotta go back to Kansas to Hill because he fucked up because of chryptonite pausing it damn something that sense in Kansas.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. I've never been there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Any thoughts from the conversation you had with that was that as we come around the corner towards the last part of the movie, Okay, I do think it was too much isolation of Superman in this movie, you know, like for him to be in jail and then to go to Kansas, Like, I do feel like that they was just like removing.
Speaker 2: Him from the action too much. M hmm. Okay, yeah, I kind of feel that a little bit, all right.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Eve is done with Jimmy because Jimmy threw a pencil letter. Let's like, I'm sorry, let's throw a pencil letter and he was having a temper tantrum, and she sent them all the stuff that he needed and it came into forms of selfies, which didn't look smart at the time.
Speaker 2: Was smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's freaks out and he opens a dimensional riff to draw Superman out, and I remember he said pride of Ego was gonna be part of his decision making.
Speaker 2: We started to see the unravel as the movie went on. But uh, then there's the braveing evasion that happened.
Speaker 3: Spike Halleane was that Superman sign that they stood up when the when the evasion was happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like there was two They were trying to capture a moment that wasn't there. Really. They had the music playing on everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, man, get the little boy out of here, bro, go seek shelter, like it's a war going on outside.
Speaker 2: Bro. You got like this little ragged Superman pole. Now it wouldn't that all that ship was so lame Superman Superman bro y'all, mother, nah, y'all. The whole world just turned against this motherfucker United States.
Speaker 1: He had just say, yeah, so it made sense that another country that sees him for what he is, would not turn on him.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's what I need choice, right, that's the only reason. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I think y'all are missing the heavy the heavy hand of his fuck message that they do.
Speaker 2: Any they turned on that was really rude.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean for that to sound like I was calling y'all stupid. You know what I'm saying just in case. I think what they're saying is like they were so easy to turn on Superman because he's an alien. Who would look at him and say, we don't care that you're an alien. Other people that are treated like aliens by the United States. I think it's a bit heavy handed. It probably wasn't all the way necessary, but I didn't have a problem with it.
Speaker 2: I thought the.
Speaker 1: Scene where he was trying to hold the sign up, I thought it was great. I thought it was really cool. It was cheesy and corny and sappy, but it worked for this movie.
Speaker 2: I love that little kid.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know what, kids are the especially kids that are used to war town areas, are the ones that would put a sign up in the middle of a fight because they're probably used to death. You know what I'm saying Americans would run in hide because we're not used to this, but somebody that lives in a place that's always being fucking attacked and bombed, yeah, they probably would put up a sign if they think that this is gonna save my country, which was part of my gright from earlier when I thought that this was a little bit too Palestine, Israel, Palestine, I was like, I don't really feel like this is needed. But I'm pulling back on that on that opinion a bit. But I like the scene regardless.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was actually pretty impactful, especially like the channing of Superman in the moment.
Speaker 2: I really liked it. I really liked it.
Speaker 4: And again, I know I keep bringing my son, but I think it's important. Like he he liked it as well, like just it made him he he like because I really was like paying attention to him seeing how you respond to this movie and like it. It uplifted him, like he and that's a standout moment for him in the movie.
Speaker 2: We'll just tell him. Don't do that though, no, no, no, no, if you sees somebody, don't run talk about style. No. Yeah, but nah, he liked it though, like, yeah, so it was a touching moment.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: So they go get Superman because the riff just causing havoc everywhere, is going to Metropolis and Superman comes to the rescue. We see this woman driving on the bridge spike and somehow Superman comes along and managed to save this woman on the bridge from a building that's falling. It destroyed half the bridge, yet she still managed to drive off fine, setting up a heroic poles from Superman in the dust.
Speaker 2: Man fight that you were like, oh man, you did it, Superman, I said, get that ragged ass car out of him from the worst day for you.
Speaker 1: It's not carsss be the worst day for your car to mess up installing right here now on this bridge. But no, all the saves were kind of like yeah to me, like when he even when he saved the squirrel and saved that, like to be paying that much attention to saving lives, which is fighting.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did anybody die in this fucking movie? Yeah, Molly, No, Like I'm sorry. Yes.
Speaker 3: Besides Molly, like, there's a lot of ship that happened. Bridges falling, buildings falling, ripped apart.
Speaker 2: These people had terrible days. Like who would want to live in this city?
Speaker 4: Like that, you got a big lizard that came and they had to kill like you said, buildings falling like this was. But they got more regard than the Marvel citizens.
Speaker 3: Because I think even in the first like when the Kaju the lizard Man the lizards showing up, they were like, yeah, no signs of loss of life, but significant property damage just like what come on?
Speaker 2: They were saying that, yeah, yeah, And even in the second one, they didn't confirm like somebody had to die.
Speaker 3: There's no way a dimensional riff that's opening up this There's nobody died, like nobody got out the.
Speaker 4: Show it well, they were they were trying to stay away from like depths because even when the building had caught fire, he looked at y'all okay, and everybody was just.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah they should have. Why are y'all sitting there watching the.
Speaker 1: Ship because they think Superman or one of the other meta humans is gonna save them.
Speaker 2: This other the other guy was just in there.
Speaker 3: Eating ship and sh like that, just like yeah, like he was invincible. Yeah, bro, you don't take your ass on anyway. Were in the final app Man, the Superman has his final fight with Ultraman, and oh did y'all like the little bridge?
Speaker 2: Saying, what was a little bridge scene? He said the lady in the car.
Speaker 1: I can't like he was when he was holding I don't think I've ever seen him do that where he was flying, but he was on his back and he was holding the thing up.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a cool scene.
Speaker 1: Y'all, motherfuckers, can't never call me Picky no more because y'all fucker tearing ship. Y'all came to a Superman movie talking about you were mad that he's saving people.
Speaker 2: He was super he was super This man was super I feel like it was just corny.
Speaker 1: How like emphasis They emphasized him because that's him, He's he's corny.
Speaker 2: I could when he saved the squirrel, I was like, that's something Superman. I did.
Speaker 1: When he blew the little dog away, that is Superman. When he was mad that Stitches got blown up and he didn't get to take him back.
Speaker 2: To the zoo, that Superman, well, he talked about killing the damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, I want to take him back to the zoo. You have to or euthanize it in a friendly way.
Speaker 4: I thought, what would have been funny with the squirrel thing if they wanted to be dark as it ran back out there like you're doing real.
Speaker 2: I thought the exact thing.
Speaker 1: It would have been funny, but I would have been upset, and they probably knew that people like me would have been upset.
Speaker 2: But that would have been funny.
Speaker 3: I think the shot because the trailer, the shot of him saving the girl from the whatever those things.
Speaker 2: Were, that was that that did look good. That played out really good on.
Speaker 3: The on the screen, because that's why the Justice Game fighting the damn lizard, Superman running around doing all kinds of ancillary ship and these motherfuckers fighting this goddamn lizard.
Speaker 2: What a Superman doing? Never mind, what was he doing saving squirrels and girls and and and doing ship? It was real.
Speaker 1: It was real funny when they were fighting the thing outside the window and him and Louis was talking like now they got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool. I didn't think that was funny, and they did. They did anyway, So yeah, so Superman and Ultraman have a fight. Rod. Did you like the body Slim? Oh? You know, I love you know, I like a good body. I was like telling you like a good ass body. Slim dug.
Speaker 1: Yeah so so yeah, so this whole fight this is going on, and I thought my boy was going on this fight super No, my boy, mister terrific.
Speaker 2: I thought they were gonna kill him. Oh nah, I think he played sleep because he hit the ground. You think you have an ites hit the ground. He was like, he got it.
Speaker 1: If I just closed my eyes and maybe you don't think I'm dead, he got it. I realized, like, please don't kill my boy.
Speaker 2: But nah, it was good. This whole fight scene was dope. It was mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just seeing him instructed. Assuming still didn't got answers. Man, He's still just yeah, you'll do nothing like spontaneous.
Speaker 2: He came twenty five hundred combinations though, to hit him with the eyes like cycles stopped playing with me, Bro, Mike, did you have any idea?
Speaker 3: Because LANs instructs the engineer to fill his lungs with Man likes and I really loved Mike.
Speaker 2: Did you have any idea what Superman was doing when he took off in the cay No. I thought he was just running.
Speaker 1: You know what, something fund upup like you banging knee into the couch. You just start running for no fucking reason. That's why I thought he was doing. I thought he was just running away from it.
Speaker 4: That's a good ass playing by licks though, like I thought that that was a good ass playing. As far as putting it in his lungs and air, I think he thought it would have took short amount of.
Speaker 2: Time in it though. I like that they explained this. She was like, well, can't he hold his brother because we be thinking that ship was like, nah, not this time, because ain't no air in there? So I like it to explain. But did you know what he was doing? And if that's I had no idea. Oh wait, I still don't know what he was doing. I don't know what you just said because there was no air, So is that what he was doing? He was going up there?
Speaker 1: There was no air in his lungs when they so they were like, he can hold his breath for a hour, so this shouldn't have But they were.
Speaker 2: Like, ate, no air in his lungs, so why did he fly up? He flew up for the friction.
Speaker 4: He thought there was gonna fly off, but then he kept going up because he knew the impact coming down.
Speaker 2: They couldn't sustain it. So that was it. But why would that get him out of his lung because she gonna didn't die? Because I think, oh, because it's a part of God, and got it. Got it. That did throw me off. I was confused. Got it okay. They was like what is he doing? That was me, what is he doing?
Speaker 1: But I think his planing changed because he was going there because he thought flying fast enough would make it come off. But then once he got so far up and seeing that it didn't, he was just gonna go as high as he could because he knew they couldn't come back down.
Speaker 2: They was like, there y'all, y'all are losing oxygen. When they were like catch up with like were trying and ship that was fast. Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I was. I was kind of confused. I mean, they they said it, but I'm like, I don't know if that really was the plan. I thought that he was just gonna go into space because they couldn't breathe.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought he was doing. But then he just came right back and I was like, Okay, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What, but I thought they were going to be like in Aliens, they were gonna freeze or some shit, is what I thought.
Speaker 3: But they managed it well. I was surprised the black woman was able to breathe in space and lack of.
Speaker 2: Whatever whatever she is, she's brown recally inbiguous something. She's like Spanish or something, but she got the black stuff on. So she that's probably like.
Speaker 3: This black woman with all this blackness anyway, So but I thought the idea was dope.
Speaker 2: I thought the idea was dope.
Speaker 3: And uh, at this time, the invasion proceeded, and uh, Superman had a plan.
Speaker 2: You know, he was falling back to Earth as well. So the invasions going on, Superman.
Speaker 3: Falls back to Earth, she falls unconscious because let's was like, yo, you need to disengage because you can't survive the impact Ultra Man can.
Speaker 2: And then Ultra Man is final revealed to be a clone. That's right, Superman did cloned. Shit.
Speaker 3: Did you guys suspect this at this moment or did you pick up on it before? This was a surprise revel Yeah, it was a surprise reveal to me. Yeah, because he did the laser beam even when the second watch, I was like, damn, he did the same I beam with Superman. But even then earlier on during the second during the final fight when they were in the stadium, he shot Superman with with with with his eye beams.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that, Oh maybe I didn't. It just happened so fast, at least for me when I was watching, it happen so fast that I didn't even I didn't even think that it could have been a clone because.
Speaker 3: I beams laser beams with the eyes. That's fairly common, so he could have been any fucking body. I don't remember him doing that, I believe you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was good though, because like a Superman is supposed to be like the most powerful force in the DC universe, So it made sense that like in order like somebody to beat him, was him a clone him?
Speaker 2: So I thought that was good.
Speaker 3: It made everything in the movie makes say who the fuck Superman?
Speaker 2: Twice? You know.
Speaker 3: And then on top of that, he added more context. He was like, he's dumb as fuck, but he's stronger.
Speaker 2: Than you are, so you know, I couldn't get anything.
Speaker 3: But using that also to kind of say, while he's orchestrating these these moves, it.
Speaker 2: Was like brain over bronze. I think Nicholas Holt as lets during this final scene, fire was killing it. Dope, man, he is, Yeah, yeah, he's killing it.
Speaker 3: I thought that was dope. But somebody that was about to be killed, Mike was this dumb ass kid holding his sign praying for Super Jesus to show up.
Speaker 2: But uh, the green ladder shows up. God guard it as just like now you got an upgrade kid. That was funny. It was hilarious, man. Yeah, do you like the middle fingers? Did domb like the middle? You know what? He didn't say nothing. I was looking at him see if he was gonna notice it, because he's silly like that. He would have said something. So anyway, they saved the day. Mike, did you like Hawk girl killing the president? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought that was it was That was great. She was like, I'm not Superman. That was good man, that's another death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about the civilians, you know. I mean, these motherfuckers trying to fight a fucking army with pitchporks and tree limbs.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you don't have weapons and you live in a third world country and you have another country invading you. I know, but that's why I didn't, you know, That's why it was bugging me. It's like this seems weird.
Speaker 3: Uh, so they saved to day elevant Man joins the team because he likes the name, and uh, let's also reveals that he created this whole conflict not to kill Sman Superman, not the other way around. But we see that lets got consumed by envy during this moment, and he's filled with rage.
Speaker 2: He was like one ay one ay, one a. That was so fucking well. He said he did this not to kill Superman. No, he did it to kill Superman, not to start the conflict. That was his big plan.
Speaker 3: It was just he wanted the government to give him permission to kill Superman.
Speaker 2: What's his like? Is it just to see thinks Superman alien?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is there other context? Jealous? He just don't like Superman. So what part of the plan was him taking over those areas? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I think that was just all part of a larger scheme. But his real ulterior motive was just to kill Superman. But he used all of the other stuff to get that point, to create distrust with the government.
Speaker 1: So he had a just a general disdain for Superman, and he said, I'm going to take over this country because I know he'll intervene.
Speaker 2: Then I'll have an excuse to kill him.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'll take over the country. I know Superman's gonna show his ass up.
Speaker 2: And once he got proof of intent that they need that request at the Pentagon, that's when they use that the lock of Superman. I think something else happened was like wall, Hey, you got to kill him? Wait, I'm lost.
Speaker 1: Then that doesn't make any sense because he could have started the conflict without being like, well, I'm taking half of this land.
Speaker 3: Also, I mean, you know he's still Yeah, I think because you know they mentioned he wanted to be king too.
Speaker 1: Sure, but why would he even if it was always only about killing Superman, Why would he even involve himself to the point where yeah, I guess, I mean, I need to see it again. I think I missed the part. I think all of I thought all of it was his plan. I didn't just to kill Superman, would you says? Okay, I didn't mean to cut you out, but I thought maybe he had no You're good, I mean, yeah, he'll probably answer my question.
Speaker 4: So I thought the same thing that you thought at first, But then, like you just said it, it's weird. He hate him that much. Did Yeah, I'm going through all of these steps firsts just trying to kill him.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that that was his main plan. I thought it was all of it. Yeah, yeah, okay, that's that's what he said. So anyway, as smart as he was, he didn't think.
Speaker 3: Superman would be smart enough to just get rid of the drones. Uh and Superman whistled again, call for Crypto to come around. And I swear I think, like h Rod, I think they missed the moment here. This line Spike was just so awful. He said get the toys. He should Why was that lie bad? He should have said.
Speaker 2: You don't say sick so dogs will go after toys, say sick to go get something? You sick of dogs? All are being picky as hell. Now I get the toys. You're right, because that's what you tell dogs. You say get the toy. You don't say sick of them.
Speaker 3: I've owned dogs my whole life, and you told them that. I've been around dogs my whole life, probably longer than you've been alive.
Speaker 2: And you say sick them for them to get a toy. No, don't sick dogs on ship, on toys, on people, that would have made sense if he said sick of them. And if you playing with him and got a little toy, can you you might have owned dolls. You ain't never played with him. I ain't never told my dog get the toys. You didn't play with them, like Spike said, stick them. I just knew he was gonna say sick and then we get the damn That wouldn't have made no sense. It was a would have made sense. It was a person.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh my god, y'all kill me. Fine, I can't walk in that one, can't kick the Get the fuck out of here with the dog. The funk out of my face, y'all say.
Speaker 2: Get the toy. On if I wanted to get a toy, Yeah, get the toy. You say sick them for everything. I won't definitely not say get the toy. Oh my god. When I had the dog, I definitely say that you get the toy. Yeah, y'all are fuddy. I'm from the South, man, you know. I don't know if that means anything that Jay from the South too. And I.
Speaker 4: Will say I didn't hear. I've never heard get this. I don't say never heard, but like so, y'all actually said get the toy before. I haven't, but he said he you don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's I'm asking.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking if you have a dog and imagine they land you got a dog, and you want the dog to get the toy, what.
Speaker 2: Would you say to the dog? I mean it makes sense, it makes sense. Hey man, look but my dog get the stick?
Speaker 3: I look, nothing, nothing, all right, We're not gonna get stuck on this. We're not gonna get stuck on this anyway. I still don't like the line. But anyway, fine, if Spike has said it before Jalen's co signing it, I don't know what they're saying in the chat, then fine.
Speaker 2: I would be wrong. We can move on.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious, do you know anyway? So Superman comes back with Evanenty throws Ultra in a black hole.
Speaker 2: Did you guys like this? Yes?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know anything about Superman, but I know Bizarro, so you think that's what they're doing, right? I assume I didn't even think about Bizarrow. Bro So I remember from the old school cartoons. Bizarrow is like the opposite version of Superman. It's like a version of Superman, but he's like he's real pale white, and he has like all these like he looks like he's.
Speaker 2: Being out of blocks or something.
Speaker 1: But he's real powerful, but he's also dumb. So when I saw this version of what they call him ultraman ultra it is, I was like, oh, it's Bizarro.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, he doesn't look like Bizarro.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming what's happening is when they threw him in the black Hole, maybe in the second or third movie, he'll come back and his skin will be all fucked up and it'll be Bizarro. But this is also don't don't yell at me at Dalen. This is also as someone that did not read the Superman comics, so I'm speaking totally ignorantly, so I could be completely wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks bro, pretty good theory, Thank you. All right, No, that's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that that makes a whole lot of sense, is why he was just going to black hole And okay, so I'll.
Speaker 2: Rock with that.
Speaker 4: Dude, Superman got other like villains, like other than the next ruthor, like in a similar vein.
Speaker 2: Is it just like the most popular? Yeah, like that is it's this joker? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, if you don't make a Superman movie, lets you got him left? Yeah, well we get one more final fight scene.
Speaker 2: With the Raptors. You laughing like that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, I laughed because it was one of the more satisfying scenes in the sense that they finally show like, come on, I'm you can't fuck with me, I'm Superman.
Speaker 2: With these little things out of here? Really good? Yeah, exactly, that's what I said. That was that was fire.
Speaker 1: Some man didn't do ship the whole movie, but he did some ship them up. He said, he said, we're gonna kill him. He said, good luck with that. I was like, that's the Superman I want to see. Bro most last movie, Ken, I'm with you. I felt like how they were doing my boy Optimus Prime until they finally had him show up and whooped some masks.
Speaker 2: But it was satisfying. It was this was though. I like how they had the dog fighting too. I was like, this is great. This was this was though.
Speaker 3: Did you like it Rod when he was spinning around and then he spent around when they piled up on on on, and then he spent around with the ivy man man, It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Domin I was both Donald's beaming like that's a view. He's like, that goes Superman. That's the Superman. I didn't do it on purpose, Yes he did. He was talking and acknowledge his he was mad as he was eating up inside just now. But when I said and I was like, oh, that's another bar. This part was great Superman. At this point he's just showing out. Well, not an ultra man going got nobody can fuck with me now ship. He was just showing out. So that was dope. Anyway. I don't even know if I want to say it right. They're bad. We've been kicking. Come on, what do you do now? You remember what mister? I remember Superman was on the ground. What he saying, Hey, stopped playing around? What the hell, y'all there's hurt party of time. Man.
Speaker 1: I definitely heard that one. That's your uncle for real, thank you it is. That is absolutely your uncle. They're not giving you sound like that. That's why I'm saying, y'all, y'all believe like y'all act like he turned it up or not.
Speaker 2: She always liked that, bro. Where should I go see if his anything watch the interview and if he talks like anything really he's playing it something. It sounded natural to me. If you don't talk like that, I'm coming man. He doesn't. It's cool. He's flying on the back of the crypt though. Uh.
Speaker 3: They go to Less trying to escape, and that's when Superman gives this human Beings speak.
Speaker 2: I hated this. I really hated this. I thought you would. Yeah, this was corny. Did you liked it? I liked it. I mean, y'all know, I liked it was corny. It's the only really didn't like. You said you didn't dig it either. I didn't need it now. It was fine.
Speaker 1: It just it was it was too weird for the moment. It was like, you said a couple of things fine, but that whole long ass speech. I'm like, bro, if Les, don't punch you in your mouth.
Speaker 2: You mean cry? Who made who cry? Lexis crying? I don't know he cried.
Speaker 1: I thought he cried after Crypto with his ass. He did, he cried after that, but I would cry. I think it was because of the words too. You ain't like the decent human being ship.
Speaker 2: No, it was, we know, y'all. I knew y'all. I know, y'all. I knew y'all. Gonna feel that way about to see. But I liked it though, you know what it felt like.
Speaker 1: It felt like Niggabird's speech at the end of uh of the Falcon and Winter Soldier show.
Speaker 2: I don't think it felt like that. It felt corny and just like, all right.
Speaker 3: I liked it right anyway, ship let's lets didn't like it less like I don't give a crap with you Lex He walked up to him, apparently less never animal before, but he never seen the dog order what.
Speaker 2: About to say? Right, because I was gonna say before that, But he's like another thing. I ain't no goddamn allien.
Speaker 4: He has some that people were saying about it that he did not like alien man, Let's turnround.
Speaker 2: He said that he was alien. He was just like, no, I'm a decent human being or something like that. I didn't like it that.
Speaker 1: The connotations there are are weird. I ain't no alien, I'm a decent human being.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was. The whole speech was odd to me, But whatever he pushed Superman and Crypto didn't like that ship at all? Right.
Speaker 3: Maybe he should have said sick here then, Yeah, that would have been a good place Sycamore had been good, perfect right there.
Speaker 2: This this was this was man. Did y'all expect Crypto to come out and snatch and less like that? Well, they said, he said. He didn't say he was.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say that. I thought he said something about the alien. He said, stopped calling me that or something like that. He said something about the alien.
Speaker 2: He might he may have not said. Maybe he said I am an alien and I'm a decent human being. I think that's what I think. That is that what he said. I don't know the actual monologue, but look at you. I felt. I know he said something about alien. I know he he didn't like that. He kept calling that, referring to him as that. Mm hmm. What about Crypto? I liked it. I liked it. He reminded me of the Hulk, Hulk smashing Avengers. Yeah, it was funny, though I liked it. It was funny. I do like it, but yeah, it did remind me of that. That was definitely borrowed. But he that was so good arown. I love that damn dog. Yeah cute. Yeah, it was like, damn boy. He was like, dude.
Speaker 1: Oh that was the funniest part when he finally let him go. He just kind of looked up, just like the dogs were. Dude, look like, what what note? That was really realistic?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, who was this mellow kid? Not even one said they remind him of Loki versus the Wholeking Adventures when he was talking his ass around?
Speaker 2: Did you much just said that?
Speaker 5: Yo? You?
Speaker 2: How do you do this?
Speaker 4: Damn reading video kind because I was reading. That's probably why I didn't hear y'all because I was reading who said it?
Speaker 2: Can his person here? I was reading at the same time. That's all I was reading. Did you read his comment?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But he said the exact he didn't read his comments. I'm going through my notes, I.
Speaker 1: Said, I'm reading y'all comments. That's why I wasn't paying attention because I was reading y'all ship.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'm not. I was just reading y'all ship. Bro. Stop reading y'all you should. We've been telling He broke it with breaking.
Speaker 1: Saying, I'm trying to pay attention to them at attention breaking news right now.
Speaker 2: Someone just said something the kids said ten seconds ago. We put the chat down. Please talking, sit him up? Good God, damn get you Anyway, the movie is basically over. Let's goes to Belle Reeve.
Speaker 3: He's crying, he's hurt, and uh, you know, I guess the worst kept secret is laying in Superman dating.
Speaker 2: Uh Perry also forgot.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys cared about Perry and the getting the saucer and flying off the okay, and the guy saying why I don't have a seat.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to. Oh, that was kind of funny.
Speaker 3: That was kind of funny, Okay, because she published the article about let's and that's how and that was breaking playing on the screen at this moment, so just to kind of feeling that guy for the story.
Speaker 2: And we uh uh we end up with uh ray Ray showing up from house the Dragon Carra. That's not her?
Speaker 1: Oh about the new Okay, yeah, Supergirl, I heard you. I was thinking Denarious for some reason, I didn't realize that was her. I thought it was Cindy Sweeney until I got home.
Speaker 2: I did too, Yeah, I did too, damn it. The show was ye and she's drunk because she parted his own red Moon Planet. Yeah red Son Son, Yeah, red Son, So you love this part? Oh, it was so good when she walked in.
Speaker 1: I forgot what he said, but she was thanks taking care of my dog, bitch, and I like the robot was like, I see why the dog is that way.
Speaker 2: Now there you go. That was so good. Gary, Spike, Gary, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it did explain why that dog is such a dumb ass. But the dog immediately ran and jumped on her, and man, this is good.
Speaker 2: This is a good ending. So this isn't the girl from Supergirl.
Speaker 3: It would have been cool if if that was the one that showed up, but I think it's fine with going with.
Speaker 2: So they're setting up a movie for Supergirl.
Speaker 3: Probably have to be possible, maybe just introducing her to the year.
Speaker 2: But you can do a Supergirl movie. They actually had one, you remember they had one back in the day with little skinny blonde girl, and I think.
Speaker 3: Uh, they don't ever talk about it, but also think that, uh, the Supergirl show on c W was popular too, so they can get away with the Supergirl.
Speaker 1: James Gun already said that he's doing a Supergirl movie and it's after a comic. Unfortunately, I watched the whole interview, so I now I kind of know what happens in the comic. But I won't spoil it for anybody that doesn't want to know. But it sounds really fucking interesting.
Speaker 2: So is this the set up? Like you said, this was the first movie in the the DC universe. I guess did you say they can? I think yeah?
Speaker 4: So is this setting up for something like The Avengers where they have Superman and Batman.
Speaker 2: I think they're following trying to.
Speaker 1: League because they can all lead up to Crisis on Infinite Earth, which I remember reading that for the first time and M, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Shit happens in that. So yeah, what do you say? I'm sure he's checking me again. I said something wrong, he said. Read the screen? Read the screen?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Corn Sweat has confirmed that he has contracted for a sequel, and it has been revealed that Gun has already planned how the Justice League will be created. The next films to be released as Supergirl and Playface.
Speaker 2: Oh. I read about clay Face. They said clay Face is gonna be a horror movie.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about who clay Face is, but just the point out we're old as fun.
Speaker 2: Jamen is so sick of us. Read the screen. I'm looking at what you can't see. What are you talking about? Yeah? Uh so, yeah, and that's that's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: One thing I will say though, While he's sitting on the getting treatment on the they call it cop thing or whatever. Uh, getting treatment by the robots, Gary, he says, play the video of the parents and susanim and did anybody.
Speaker 2: Different with the video the parents?
Speaker 3: Yep, came back around with from his birth parents to the Earth parents. So the transformation is complete.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on the post credit scenes? Mike hated it. Leave y'all didn't listen. It was fine. What was that? Nothing?
Speaker 1: But I thought it was funny, exactly nothing. It felt like post credits. But usually post credits scening is like allude to something all the time. This is like, hey, thanks for waiting two extra minutes, five extra minutes to night.
Speaker 2: You're right, I don't know what. I think. They started them all away from that lately, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Let's be cleared, Nine point five times out of ten, a post credit scene leads to something else. The reason I know this because James Gunn said it himself that I'm moving away from the Marvel template of what post credit scenes are and I'm doing something different so clearly they used to be this what we're talking.
Speaker 3: About, right, But he said, he's moving away from what post Marvel's post credit scenes are, which was setting up another movie exactly. Yeah, like you said, they usually do that, and y'all like, no our usual I know, Spike said, And I said, they moved away from that.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, y'all got the same issue. Y'all got the same issue. I see why y'all are so tight. So y'all be rubbing off on each other. Nothing, Spike, stop, y'all, y'all just absorb each other's.
Speaker 2: Rubbing off crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't even Gotham City, Gotham City and Metropolis are close.
Speaker 2: Because I thought it was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they were doing a little fault thing and they showed the interstate, it was a sign that said Gotham City, it was really cool. The sign from Gotham City was going that way and the Metropolis that way.
Speaker 2: I thought that was cool. I missed that, did y'all catch That was when it was doing.
Speaker 4: The fault and they were showing the interstate breaking up the little thing that was breaking through the city. When people were jammed on the interstate. One of the signs to get off. It was pretty dope man, that there was a Hall of Justice.
Speaker 2: I thought that was dope. That was cool. But but yeah, man, that's that's the movie in the nutshell. It was great, man, this is a great start. Yeah, it was really good. Man.
Speaker 1: I had a feeling I'm so glad I'd have to walk in here and be like, damn, I fucked up again, y'all was wrong. I really wanted to like this, and I'm glad I did. Yeah, Dason used the music, man, I think he's like a small.
Speaker 2: Piece of it. They used it, but it was just a different rendition of it. Yeah, kind of I needed the whole.
Speaker 4: It was like a bigger orchestra, more dramatic version of it because I had to go back. Like I said, Don wanted to hear that mighty yeah, mighty that that's that rock song.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, man, we appreciate everybody showing up, man, definitely. Uh and a lot of people here watching. And we hope you guys enjoyed the movie.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys enjoyed the review and share it with a friend. We have Fantastic four next week, just not.
Speaker 1: Next week, apparently we no I guess it's the week after next. Oh shit, somebody said it was the twenty something.
Speaker 2: Did they push it back? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Jalen said that, Well, if you're watching this and you're still here, come back for the fantastic before a live.
Speaker 2: Review, yester twenty fifth. Yeah, so it's not this coming week. It's the next week. Oh no, it's not even Yeah, God damn no, it's the twenty seventh. Why did I think it was back to back? I I've been thinking that too. I think just because one of y'all said it and we just rode with it. Yeah, probably, so that had to be it. We're old, y'all. Y'all gotta just, you know, deal with us. Okay, and all right, Well there was anything about Jalen's new show. I don't know what they're talking about. Well, I don't have to ask. Jalen later be talking about, well, Jayleen has a show, y'all check it out, though it does he really? I thought there's so much just being funny. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a setup for a joke, so I just left it alone because it was from Guadaloupe, and Guadaloupe stay setting me up.
Speaker 2: So I didn't trust them. Well, we'll leave it there. We'll catch you guys next time we out peace, Bye, y'all.