Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back. We're in Ingles, Indiana.
Speaker 2: Everybody when the party is on Taylor's Bar and Table appropriate Brent Holworth and I together the Indiana Standard Bread Association and Tony Wrenz here Brent is with Evan Williams.
Speaker 1: And we're having a hell of a time so far, an't we Pelomino.
Speaker 2: What a great, great way to start off a wonderful Friday here in Ingles at the wonderful Taylor's Bar and Table. You got to get here State Road thirteen just run off of I sixty nine, and there's plenty of room. I saw, for example, one of these Smiley Bros in the house SPT is here, not led by Smiley, but one of the bros in the house here, So come join us. We would love to see its samples, a flowing great food Taylor's Bar and Table meantime of the Andy Moore on a Motive Group potline. He is a part of Football Friday Night number one of the High School Football campaign for twenty twenty six. It is from Indiana's Sports Talk. Our friend Bob Love, Hello Bob, Hello John Hall Aurion, Bob, you look outstanding. I'm looking at you right now. I see everything you're doing. The most interesting man in the world is Apog right now on Zoom.
Speaker 3: I had to pass inspection in terms of throwing on a collared shirt. My wife was saying, I can't believe you're actually going to go on the air in a T shirt. There's a good T shirt. But she's stepped in and said, you need to step up your game a tiny bit.
Speaker 2: Pal, They're lucky on this show, Bob, that I have a shirt on altogether.
Speaker 1: Now, let me tell you they're lucky. They are.
Speaker 2: Hey, I saw this from LN so Brownsburg LN and that battle in Night number one tonight at LLEN has solved out officially tonight.
Speaker 4: It's as good a game as you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: I mean, this game in terms of talent and coaching, feels like a state championship game. They saw each other a couple of years ago in the regional then Brassburg won one back to back championships, and so Sean, I mean it is. This is a night where there are a whole lot of great games starting with this one. And this game is basically you know, Oscar Fry, the talented quarterback from Brownsburg is back. I you recruit Brandon Sharp wide receiver can do everything monching sales, and another wide receiver for LN going to IU. Running back Xavion Moore headed to Purdue. And it's like an all Big ten night starting out high school football in this matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you got Sharp two's got a connection with in relation with l N. There's just all kinds of or at least family wise has s connection. There's there's all sorts of storylines in this sold out matchup tonight.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Frankly, you know, when we talk about high school football in our state, we used to get excited when we would get twenty five or thirty kids to recruited by Division one, And now you know we're looking at annually fis or more each year.
Speaker 4: Being recruited by the big time programs. And I think it.
Speaker 3: The dresses out and great, our coaches are, our kids are has gotten better and better. This is the destination for big time programs to recruit around the country, let alone the ones here in the state.
Speaker 2: Now, Football Friday with Bob Lovell and Bob's on the Andy Mooree Auto Motive Group Pieline ninety three five one oh seven five The Fan Kevin, right and Carmel if there seems like a time where and I'm not going to suggest they're off the radar because of that school.
Speaker 1: In any sport, you're never off the.
Speaker 2: Radar, right, But honestly, if there's going to be a season for them to step up, I would look for this one Carmel and Fishers to kick things off tonight.
Speaker 3: Kevin has won multiple championships Clearcut Hall of Fame football coach in our state. You know, it's genetic, obviously, but he has done a great job wherever he's been. His teams have won championships, and so you know, Carmel has won multiple championships.
Speaker 4: Carmel wins championships in all their sports.
Speaker 3: Give Kevin in his second year, I think you can expect to see a tremendous amount of improvement over year one. And that's what makes this game tonight with with Fishers such a great one. And and Dan Fisher's is a solid, solid football team and so, uh, you know that one of those tremendous openers that feels like a regional or even a semi state game at the end of the season.
Speaker 4: So a lot to look forward to in this one.
Speaker 1: Too well.
Speaker 2: You know, I love me some Eric Moore, you know that son of Grove and Warren tonied And I was texting back and forth with with Eric am.
Speaker 1: Earlier and I got the oh woe with us there?
Speaker 2: This Warren central team is absolutely low and what away going to do? So yeah, oh woe with Cindy Grove on the hill with Warren coming up later off the night. But he was right about this man. Warren is absolutely loaded.
Speaker 4: You know, talent wise, they're tremendous.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know they have this skilled players are as good as anybody in the county, anybody in this state.
Speaker 4: I think he's right, and I think he's has to be.
Speaker 3: Afraid of big plays and they have big play players.
Speaker 4: I have more than one big play player.
Speaker 3: And so it's one of these games where you can ill afford to make mistakes, missed assignments, turnovers, those kinds of thing.
Speaker 4: Eric, thoughme, is the system guy.
Speaker 3: His system has worked years and years and years, multiple championships, and so as a co former coach of a different sport, you always wonder what you have in that first ball game. But I think he has a great idea of how they have to play, what they have to do to beat an incredibly talented Warren Central team.
Speaker 1: Now, that's Bob Lovell Indiana Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: It is Football Friday, brought to you by Penn Station Sandwiches, Hot, juicy and fresh from the grill.
Speaker 1: Grab a Penn Station sandwich today and.
Speaker 2: Bob with us on the Eddie Moro out of Modess Group Hotline five A number one New pal They start off the season with an out of state matchup.
Speaker 1: I believe tonight.
Speaker 3: Well they're out of state taking on Wheaton, a team in Wheaton, Wheaton Saint.
Speaker 4: Francis, but Newpalace, Newpalce. Nothing's just good. As long as Kyle Ralph is there, They're.
Speaker 3: Going to continue to go out and just dominate people on both sides of the football.
Speaker 4: And this is another here.
Speaker 3: They are they again off a championship. They are an incredibly talented and well coached team and so great start.
Speaker 4: Get out of the state and find out what you have.
Speaker 2: Hey, bab I want to ask you about this and for a chatar, I believe it's number three.
Speaker 1: They start out tonight on the road at five A number two.
Speaker 2: Lafayete, Jeff, I can't recollect you know, if this may.
Speaker 1: Be be the start of the season.
Speaker 2: Wise, the highest ranking for Lafi at jeff that I can remember in recent history, so that one kind of I think Foles out of the category at least at the top of the list, but certainly should be recognized for one hell of a week one matchup.
Speaker 3: Well, it is because this is the Lafayete Jefferson team.
Speaker 4: Will put the ball in the air, that they are a high volume offensive team. We kind of, I think, you.
Speaker 3: Know, is going to be challenged in terms of what they can do, limiting the touches that the Broncos get and trying to slow down on offenses as potent is in the state, because you know, Pat Shanley's team likes to air it out.
Speaker 4: They always have. I think they always will and this is.
Speaker 3: A great challenge for coach Doyle and his guys. First, yeah, you're trying to find out what you have, but this is a really, really good ball game and it is a very talented Lafayete jeff team.
Speaker 2: Got to ask you this cascade so good a year ago, So what's the expectation there going into twenty twenty six and obviously three eight number two to start the season.
Speaker 3: I think quite simply, you have a lot of guys the beauty and winning of state championship. There are plenty of them, obviously, but your younger kids get more repetitions because you're you're practicing extra weeks because of that run you're making, and so your younger kids, you're clearly always worried about how they're going to respond in that first big game. But these guys have had reps against the number ones, They've had plenty of extra reps, you know, casscase for real, this is a program that wasn't just one of those flash and the fan type of things. This is a solid, well run outfit, and so I think, yeah, I mean it's a there's no question it's a challenge. But I think the other part of it too is I think that the team that is talented enough, experienced enough, although they've lost some key guys, they fill in with some guys who've got a chance to be around a.
Speaker 4: Championship caliber ball club. So this is a great way for them to open up.
Speaker 2: He put it on a college shuret to be on this show. It's a level football. It'll be my one in my house for Mediana Sports Hockey's football Frinday brought you by Pitchstation Sandwiches, Hot, juicy and fresh.
Speaker 1: From the grill. Grab Penn Station Sandwich Today.
Speaker 2: Anything else that we left off the map here that you're going to be discussing coming up later on tonight and one should be an outstanding show with Indiana Sports talk around the state of Indiana.
Speaker 3: Got to talk about my quakers Plainfield playings Franklin Central tonight. Franklin's Plainfield hosting that game. That's always a good one. It's also a night John where you get some rivalries. Bloomington North Bloomington South always a great matchup for them. UH Cathedral Ben Davis is a game of these people need to pay attention to.
Speaker 4: So you have you have a lot of games around the state. And the key to John is you get a chance to play.
Speaker 3: Non conference games in these first two before you get into conference play.
Speaker 4: And so you'll see some.
Speaker 3: Uh people moving out of the area playing in Fort Wayne. Teams have had trouble in terms of scheduling, so you'll see some of those types of situations that pop up around the state on this first night and also coming up next week.
Speaker 2: That is a rock only being one of those to a rematch of the championship game for the Royals of a year ago too. I'm Bob, you got a lot on your plate later on tonight. You ready to go.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to get back in that pool and take off this shirt. That's now. Take this shirt over, get in the pool and relax. You're ready to have I'm gonna have a great night. It's always the fun night.
Speaker 3: Just to be the thirty third year that we've done the show on opening night, and I'm as excited to know as I was thirty two years ago.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Pal, I appreciate you man great as always been doing again next week, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Bob Lovell and the Indiana Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: The only way that you get around the state of Indiana later off tonight is with Bob right there, Bob, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Thank John.
Speaker 2: He is with us via the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline right now, brought to you by Salt Good Industries. They pay cash for your scrap metal. It's oh good, was so good? Football Friday conversation with the Colts in mind. It is Joli Ericsson, who hopefully normally will be out with us on a Friday, but he is on the phone right now on the Andie Moor Automotive Group potline.
Speaker 1: Joel, good afternoon to you, Pale. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing good. I'm generating to walk into the Indiana State Fair here.
Speaker 1: Oh really? Now?
Speaker 2: Where are you walking into? North side and south side of the State Fair? Do you know exactly where you are?
Speaker 5: So south side? The Ericston family strategy is to go to the dairy bar first, so we aim for the south side first.
Speaker 1: Well, great idea.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, when I went to the dairy bar, and this was a couple of days ago. When I was out there, I got served by Quarry and Schultz, and Derek Schultz was not rocking like a beard cover, and I thought, man, you gotta have some kind of beard cover there, Pal, I said, I know you call them Jimmy's or sprinkles, but I want your iron hair and my stuff right here.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Come on, you know what, that's a fair point.
Speaker 5: I hate to do this, yeah, but that's a fair point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, you know, a face mask if something needed to be done right there with Schultz, but he was not rocking one. Now, seriously, the Ericson family will enjoy it because the State Fair is an absolute blest. I believe Craig Morgan, the country music artist, is out there too, so it is probably going to be a little bit crowded, you know.
Speaker 1: I saw this Joel on ESPN.
Speaker 2: They don't have Daniel Jones in the top sixteen list of quarterbacks in the NFL to start the season.
Speaker 1: Is that wrong?
Speaker 5: I think he's kind of I don't think he's in that top ten tier. I think he's kind of more in that middle tier. And then the thing about that is once you get in there, I really think it's less about the numbers and more about just kind of where you are. So I don't think he's necessarily your your guy who's going to be, you know, like an MVP candidate, but just he's a good driving force for this team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, on the other hand, they're running back John Fan Taylors is number one on the list. For this to be better than an average season or what we have witnessed here recently, a below average season, what is at the top of your list? It has to click for this Coats team.
Speaker 1: Joe No, I think the.
Speaker 5: Defense, the defense has got to figure some stuff out. The defense has got to figure some stuff out. Just in terms of there's gonna be games. I think the offense should be good as long as Daniel Jones is healthy, but they they're going to have to be able to stop some people in games where they have, you know, a couple of turnovers or something goes wrong, because you're just gonna have those no matter.
Speaker 1: How efficient you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't know if I have any answers, and look at it in the secondary, I can't be the only one that's extremely worried, am I Joel about Charvarius Ward in the back situation?
Speaker 5: I think that outside of Alec Pearce, I think the Ward situation has maybe become the number one injury concern for me. Just in terms of, you know, with Pierce, we at least know that the surgery happened a while ago. He should be getting close. We don't really know exactly what's going on with Ward. We did see him standing on the practice this week this week, but we haven't.
Speaker 1: Seen him do anything.
Speaker 5: And I do think that that's a big deal because especially that first game, if I get to the opener and he can't play in the opener. They also don't have Cam Taylor Britt, who would be their fourth guy.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this as well.
Speaker 2: The secondary is supposed to cover up some of what we believe are going to be flaws, trying to get consistently after the quarterback up front, the playmaking. Unlike a lot of teams in the NFL, Joel is going to be from the secondary. And if you take that away, that is incredibly problematic. Plus you got a guy that was basically halfway into retirement before deciding to come back in the offseason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the the way this the way this thing kind of looks in terms of the secondary, is you need Ward. I think you feel good with Britt, but then we've eaten the preseason that if you get to the Kai Blackman and Jonathan Edwards, I think you're maybe in a little bit of a worse spot just in terms of what we've seen from them so far. So we you gotta have Ward for I think I don't think you could expect to have it for seventeen games, but you got to have it for twelve, thirteen, fourteen, something like that. I think to really do what they're gonna want to do, because they're they're gonna have to blitz. They're gonna have to blitz to get pressure on the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Joey Erickson. He is that brought to you by sl Good Industries. They pay cash for your scrap metal, so good was all good? He joins us via the Andy Moore Automotive Group hotline. So I had a question a little bit earlier. Allowed to meet Joel, and you can go ahead and take this on if you like. Right here too, the production that you expect from Keenan Allen compared to the production that would be expected from Michael Pittman Junior.
Speaker 1: What's your comparison here, I think.
Speaker 5: It's very similar. I think they're they're very very similar. Keen Allen is not a guy because like at his age, I think you worry from an age end point. I think you worry more about injury than you do about a diminishing steed because he's never really.
Speaker 4: Been super fast.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Nathan Brown, my coworker, looked it up. He ran a four to seventy five at the combine before he before he caught you know, a thousand passes in the NFL. So you don't worry as much about that. You do worry as guys get older about injury, but he's been very, very durable. I think it's pretty much the same though at this point, because I don't think Michael Pittman June last year was really the type of guy who was was an elite separator. He was more kind of guy who could take advantage of what Shane Sikin schemed up. And I expect the same with Keenan Allen.
Speaker 2: Where we have red flags up. I think both of us were going to Charvall's ward. What you're feeling about Alec Pearce being good to go for week double one against Baltimore.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell.
Speaker 5: It's hard to tell until he gets back out there. You know, they've said he's going through the workouts. We haven't seen him running yet, you know, flat out, which is what I think you care about the move. It's still still a couple of weeks away, you know. But I'm at least a little bit nervous because we haven't seen him on the practice field at all. He's so important to that offense. When he's out there, everything for Allen and downs and Warren opens up what her means when he's not there, I think you can play back a lot more. It's a lot easier to play to play back or move your guys up. We're going to take away the space for those guys operate. I think he's just a lot more difficult. He's not out there, so they really need him on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fans Football Friday probably brought to you by Quality Supply of Tool and it is largest Milwaukee tool Deally. You know, it's funny about what you just said. It just leads us as people that follow the Colts, talked about the Colts, you've written about the Colts, and the fans of the Colts.
Speaker 1: It leads us down this path. If you really.
Speaker 2: Don't believe somebody is healthy and good to go until you see them. Thus, how should everybody feel regarding Tyler Warren the tight end.
Speaker 5: I think he's going to be pretty much fine. I was there at practice when he got hurt and when he came back out. They do not the trainers do not usually let someone come right back out and watch the rest of practice if they're concerned about it.
Speaker 2: If you think it's going to be a big issue.
Speaker 5: And he was back out within maybe fifteen or twenty minutes. So my guess is that that's as mild they seem to suggest to this.
Speaker 1: H anything else that peach your interest positional battle wise or what have you going.
Speaker 2: Into tomorrow afternoons preseason game two against the Falcons. And I guess a little bit more specific to this question that of the kicking battle between Groupie and Schreyer.
Speaker 5: Well Blake, Groupie, you know, has been far more consistent in practicing, but the numbers, he's way way ahead Spencer Trader in terms of practice time kicks. But there's been some hints Brian Mason said, you know, just because of the difference in the way those two are put together, Traders a much bigger man.
Speaker 4: There's there's more power.
Speaker 5: Potential from Strader. And that's that's saying something considering that Groupie Groupie owns the longest kick in the history of the Indianapolis Colts in a game, the ball flight's a little bit different. I just it's it just seems really really hard to me. I think you're gonna have to have a couple more game performances from Schrader, like the one you got last week to really really make it make sense to say we're gonna go with Specher Strader over over Blake group. He just based on the numbers in practice.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna be watching out for? Could we up tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Besides that, the second team offensive line, I was going through it'll be out tomorrow. I usually do when camp breaks, I do fifty three thoughts on what I've seen out at camp, and it kind of doubles as a where I think the fifty three man roster looks like heading into that last couple of preseason games. And I was struck by the fact that once I get past Jalen Farmer, I have some can I have some some issues and concerns about the rest of the offensive line. Salton Tucker's a good backup guard. We've seen him have trouble with snaps at center. Blake Blake Freeland has has made an admirable return from injury, but I don't know for sure.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 5: He'd be the tackle if one of the tackles get hurt, I think it'd be macansolve it. And so that makes me wonder if maybe there's some pickups coming there, maybe two pickups coming there where you're looking at cutdown day to try to shore up some of this this depth. I want to see how this offensive line plays in these last two police preseason games beyond the starters, and the starters won't.
Speaker 1: Play, j'all, I'll cut you loose after this.
Speaker 2: Baltimore, Kansas City, Houston, Washington and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: You know, obviously more of those on the road in London.
Speaker 2: You look at those first handful of weeks of the season. What do the Colts have to do not to completely dissolve before everything gets going prior to Halloween, Because that's tough. I mean, the rest of the way it does look occasionally manageable, but that start does look on paper problematic. What do they have to get off two start wise for you to be a believer?
Speaker 5: I think two and two. I think I think two and two.
Speaker 1: I think you win.
Speaker 5: You know, Houston's got the defense you got. I think Kansas City is going to be back to being Kansas City. Baltimore, I don't really know what to expected them having a new head coach, but they've got Lamar. I think if you take one of those games and you get to the you get through London at two and two to eat Washington in London, I think you feel pretty good because the start, the start of the schedule is really what scares me the most looking at it right now, I think you feel like you got you got a chance to do something, even if you even if you start two and two.
Speaker 2: All right, just don't put kids on the ride where they may puke up what they've.
Speaker 1: Eaten out there. Okay, buddy, don't do that. I'll do my best.
Speaker 5: I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Hey, and a variety of places, because we're gonna get started on these fridays here relatively soon, actually next week. So make sure you eyeball some of those locations you can join us.
Speaker 1: Live, Okay, Okay, I will do so. All right, have a great time at the state Fair. Thank you, Joe, you bet you bet me?
Speaker 2: Joelay Erickson of the Star brought to you by soul Good Industries. There cash describe metal All good with Saul Good. Welcome back, Taylor's Bark Table, Stay Road thirteen. We're at Ingles everybody. Brentolvers and Tony Rins re joined us. Coming up in a couple of minutes. I'm JMVA. Thank you for being a part of this. It has been locked and loaded the entire afternoon.
Speaker 1: From Joel Ericson to our good friend.
Speaker 2: Bob lovel Night number one of high school football.
Speaker 1: This place is packed.
Speaker 2: The Indiana Standard Brand Association, Evan Williams bringing us to you on this Friday in Ingles at Taylor's Bar and Table, but on the Anymoon Auto Motive Group podline. Hey, let's welcome in now for end of the show and a living legend in the state of Indiana. Because he was tuxedoed up, I think, going back a week or so ago, Boys of the Hoosiers, Don Fisher joins us.
Speaker 1: Now, Hello, Don, Hi John, how are you that tuxedo? You were a rocket? You look like James Bond and that thing. Buddy, let me tell you, seriously.
Speaker 6: You have a problem. You know that you have a big problem.
Speaker 1: This double O seven there? What are we doing now? Seriously? I would have thought, I would have thought you would have been a.
Speaker 2: Part of this long before what a week or so a half ago. But that had to be an incredibly proud moment for you, buddy.
Speaker 7: It really was no question about that. I knew nothing about the honor prior to them contacting me and letting me know that they'd like to me be a part of their Living Legends program. And it was it was a really cool night. My family was there, or a lot of my family was there, not all of them, but as many as we could get in, and it was it was just special and the people there were phenomenal. You didn't have to do a thing, John, All you had to do was go in and all you had to do was go in and get interviewed, and they taped the interview and they also taped you giving your final thoughts and thank you to the people that you wanted to think. And so basically when you went there and did the program, you just got introduced a couple of times, and then you were allowed to get up on the stage and they present you with your honor and that kind of thing. And then from that point forward you went and had dessert after the and the dinner was I'm just telling you now, John, you know how you get rubber chicken most of the time when you go to one of those banquet. I think this was like top shelf stuff. I mean, it was a surf and turf type deal, and it was delicious. It was just a great It was a great night because you didn't have to do anything. You didn't have to get nervous about getting up in front of an audience and that kind of stuff, which I usually do if I'm in front of people. So it was just a special night and I was really proud to be a part of that. And the people that are in that thing, John, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you've ever seen a list of it. There aren't very many sports people in it, but there are.
Speaker 7: A ton of people who do things that are much more important than what I do from a play by play standpoint.
Speaker 6: And then you've got the Larry Birds, and you've.
Speaker 7: Got the Bob Knights and the John Woodens and Peyton Manning and people like that from a sports perspective, and then people who do so much more in life than what we do. I mean, sure we entertain people that kind of thing, but I'm just telling you right now, the people that are in that thing, those are the notch people in our country, not just the state of Indiana.
Speaker 1: My brother, that's you. That is one hundred percent you.
Speaker 2: That's the reason why you're in there, because you're, like exactly what you just described, your impact alone on so many different generations. You had to think about that right when you were being a part of this.
Speaker 1: I know you. I know you really want.
Speaker 2: You don't sit around and think about it, but I do, and I do it for you, and it's incredible, Don, the impact you've had all multi generations, unlike anybody else truly, well.
Speaker 6: You know, John, and I've told you this before.
Speaker 7: I've been blessed to do what I love to do for almost sixty years now, and fifty three of those have been spent at Indiana University or with Indiana University.
Speaker 6: And that role.
Speaker 7: And literally I've had the most incredible life that I could ever imagine, because when I was getting out of high school, I didn't know what I wanted to do and was such an idiot in school that I didn't study all that hard as so many But I got lucky and I and I found something I thought I could do, and uh, you know, I took advantage of it and without questioning I, like I said before, I've been blessed.
Speaker 1: That's Don Fisher, Voice of the Hoosiers. We are proud to have him on here.
Speaker 2: Every Friday on the Andy Moore Automo IF Group Hotline. Obviously you're you're at home right now, so clearly we're not going to our table later.
Speaker 1: Off to night correction.
Speaker 7: No, I'm actually taking off my Susie and I are going down to Edgewood. We're gonna go see Edgewood play. The Mustangs played at night in the opener.
Speaker 2: So rock those sunglasses from that red field down there in alt Field at the end of the night.
Speaker 7: By I always take sunglasses to that ballpark. Trust me, no, it is. It is incredibly rough on the eyeballs. But I get exactly why they're doing it.
Speaker 2: I saw the court ruling today, and you know, obviously with Kellen Wyatt and Stephen Daily, that had some profound impact with their eligibility on the football program.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm not quite sure where it stands, John, to be quite honest about it, it looks like the NC double A is one that round, so to speak. Whether there'll be another round or not, I don't know of whether it's a lawsuit or whatever. We'll find out, but it definitely puts both Kelln Wyatt and Stephen Day and limbo at this point based on what I've been told.
Speaker 6: So we'll find out. But it's rare.
Speaker 7: Here, here's the oddity of it all, John, It's rare when the NC DOUBLEA wins anything anymore.
Speaker 6: When they go to court.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's amazing that that took place and that they ruled in favor of the NC double A. So I guess the NC double A can say we've won one at least at this point. But whether that will hold or not, I just don't know, because I don't know what you know, are there more court than things involved that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Are they going to file for another injunction of some kind?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, we have to now, I think, and what we do, by the way to Hope plumbing your heating and cooling perhaps sponsor of the Don Fisher on football on Friday, whether you're tackling the issue big or small, Hope will intercept any problem throwing you away. That is Hope plumbing with us. You know, we have to become I think at this point in our careers. I guess don kind of like lawyers, don't we to kind.
Speaker 1: Of figure all this out. And that's what's a little bit maddening to it all.
Speaker 6: That's why.
Speaker 8: John I should have gone to college and I should have got some kind of a degree, because I'm the last person you want to ask about what the ruling is all about and all that kind of stuff, because it's too complicated for the lack of intelligence that I.
Speaker 6: Have in regard to to doing all this stuff.
Speaker 7: But I do know this, John, I hate the idea that if there's going to be an eligibility issue and those two guys, you know, really have a year of eligibility remaining if it was the five year rule, I hate that they're not going to get that opportunity, especially when they came back, started getting dressed for practice, went out to practice, those kinds of things, and now they're back in a position where you just don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not going to get deep into it because Sam Alexis and the basketball team is still eligible because he did something different in this case. And I'm assuming that there's going to be something some kind of a lawyer and maneuver made by these specific two IU football players coming up here.
Speaker 1: In the not so distant future.
Speaker 2: But Donald, let's get to those that are eligible and this football team right now defending a national championship. From the practice and the workouts you have seen, what's this group look like compared to for example, last year's team.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, and I've been down to about six practices thus far. I have been totally impressed with what I've seen. I think the transfer portal once again was taken advantage of by Kurt Signetti, who is incredibly smart about who he brings on onto the squad, who here brings to the university, and what they talent, they possessed, the experience that they've had, all those kinds of things. I think this team, I think they've got a chance to be better john than what they were a year ago.
Speaker 6: I really do.
Speaker 7: I think this is a football team, especially on the defensive side. Even without Wyatt and Daily, if they don't get to play, they still have all the tools that they need to be terrific on the defensive side of the football. And they have Brian Haynes, who I think may be the best defensive coordinator in the country.
Speaker 6: At least you could certainly make that argument.
Speaker 7: And of course they tried to keep they or at Kurt Signetti kept him obviously gave him a big raise. Is he is one of the smartest defensive guys I've ever been around. He's tremendously aggressive, and on top of that, he's so innovative with what he does, and.
Speaker 6: He's kind of like Signetti.
Speaker 7: I think he must watch a ton of film every single week just based on who they're going to play and so on, and then figures out how to, you know, weaken that ball club with what they do defensively. So it's going to be I think it's going to be a great season again for Indiana. I think they've got another chance to win a national championship if they can, if they've got all the right tools and all the new faces coming in have ball bought in. And I think that's probably the case, because if it wasn't, they probably wouldn't be on the roster right now.
Speaker 6: So it's going to be exciting. John. I think it's I think the Hoover kid, Josh Hoover, the quarterback. I think he's going to be terrific. And think about this, John.
Speaker 7: The other thing that's impressive about Kurt Signetti, all of his quarterbacks over the last I think seven years now have been either the player of the year in their league or a first team All State that are all American, that kind of thing. It's amazing what he does with quarterbacks. In addition to Tino Santiri, who is back with the program this year. Tino, of course, went to UCLA for a year and got let go of that thing that took pace last year. And and Tino came back because the quarterback coach that they hired a year ago went to Tampa Bay. So you've got Tino back, and he was with us heading for like five or six years prior to that. So you know what, it's all falling into place once again, and I can't wait for the season to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Don Fisher joins us see something Addy more on amtive group pile line. The one thing that stands out to me is what you told me about prior to the start of last year, both sides of the.
Speaker 1: Line, offensive line and defensive line.
Speaker 2: You said to me when we were hanging out on a Friday night that it's unlike any line that you have ever.
Speaker 1: Seen as far as talent level, and.
Speaker 2: This would appear to be the equivalent of a year ago. You were absolutely right about that, and I think most of the time that's the translation to Obviously, Josh.
Speaker 1: Uber at quarterback is a big deal, but I think most of the time that's the translation.
Speaker 2: We're thinking about what do you have on the offensive line and the defensive line, and at least right now, it looks like this is elite level stuff.
Speaker 7: There's no question, John, this is a deeper offensive line than they were last year. They've gotten some really key contributors back. Bray Lynch, of course, was a guard last year. Now he's the center. Drew Evans is back and healthy, Carter Smith is backed and healthy.
Speaker 6: On the right side.
Speaker 7: Out of Olajati is back, and he of course is a younger player in the offensive line, but has really played well when he got his opportunities last year and now he's in the starting role this and the only probably the biggest question mark on the offensive line is the tight end, because coming into the season, they had all young guys and we had a couple that didn't get much spring practice in because of injury. Brock Shot being one of those kids, rightchard freshman who was at Miami last year and he comes to Indiana now and I don't think there's any question his talent level is every bit what we have seen from some of the other tight ends that I you. The only thing he lacks is the experience in what we saw last year in Noah Kowski and the year before and as Zach Horton. So you've got a complete offensive line with depth now, more depth than they've had in the past. A bunch of guys here are no names at this point, but will be during the season, especially if there are any injuries. It's just a deeper football team in the offensive line and the defensive line is the same scenario. Two starters from Kansas State. Both those guys will be excellent in addition to Daily and Whyaet if in fact they get a chance to play. And then at the line backing corps, even though they lost to Aiden Fisher, a tremendous player as everybody knows and what he did for the program.
Speaker 6: But you've got Isaiah Jones.
Speaker 7: And Elijah Hardy that are te key contributors last season, will be the starters this year. And they're getting depth in the linebacking corps as well, with guys who have been there for a couple of years, have been playing out special teams and haven't really gotten their opportunity like some of these other guys. But it's going to be fun to watch. And I think the defensive backfield, I'll tell you what, Jamari Sharp last year came into his own and now he's taken over for D'Angelo Ponds, And if there was one guy that you could say, can they match up with DiAngelo Pond's type player this year? That'll be the question everybody's asking. But I think Jamari Sharp is going to fill that role and fill it well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Don Fisher here every Friday, pro sponsor of Hope Plumbing, Heating and Cooling here with his appearance on the show. Whether you're tackling an issue, biggest small, Hope will intercept any problem throwing your way. A black and him be a year ago, so good, so efficient from the backfield. What's been your impression on Turbo Richard a year ago seven forty nine that's almost five and a half per carry and nine touchdowns with Boston College. What's been your impression on Turbo Richard down the backfield for IU so far?
Speaker 1: On practice?
Speaker 6: He's been great.
Speaker 7: In fact, I think he's looked like this like may get the starting call what but he is he is one of three guys John in that running back field that are they're all kind of the same guy. Turbo's probably the smaller of the three. Kobe Martin, of course, who played the last couple of years now in a backup role, is getting his opportunity and has looked tremendous. And Lee Bebe, who got hurt last year I think in the second or third game of the season, BB was at you know prior down in Birmingham. UAB played down there. Was terrific they got him up here. He looked really good in those first couple of two or three ball games that he played. Then he got hurt, and he looks just like he looks. He and Kobe Martin look identical. And they're twenty eight and twenty nine, which is going to cause me problems on the football field, just recognizing which is which.
Speaker 6: The one thing.
Speaker 7: There are dreadlocks involved there for Lee Bebe, so that'll be about the only way I can tell him a part because they look so much alike out there with very close to the same number.
Speaker 6: So, but those three.
Speaker 7: Guys, and Richard is even though he's the smaller of the three, he is incredibly quick and very strong for a young guy that's not all that big. And it's going to be fun to watch all three of those guys play. They it's a three, It's a three headed monster out there at the running back position more so than it was a year ago when you had both Hemby and Kaylon Black.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you know, you got Buck sort of lead on hell, identify all the players, you know, whatever you need to.
Speaker 1: Know out there. Buck's right there next to you.
Speaker 7: Well, Buck got his eyes fixed over the summer too. I guess he had the cataract surgery and he got you know, I got all that. So he's now he is really excited. We played golf like a week ago Tuesday, and he was telling me what great eyesight he has.
Speaker 6: Now and he'll be able to get everybody right for change.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. That is so.
Speaker 2: By the way too. Later on in the fall, we have a live show in Bloomington here and we're going to be there for I believe it. Yogi's I believe is where we're going to be and blew me to So you guys.
Speaker 1: Have to combine.
Speaker 7: Well, we literally that's where our coaches shows are going to be this year is at Yogi, so we'll be quite familiar with that location.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So you got Springs Valley tonight? Is that what the fighting scott Fishers have of Edgewood?
Speaker 6: They do?
Speaker 7: They have Springs Valley tonight. I guess I don't know how good Springs Valley was last year. I think they were a decent football team now they're still as good as they were a year ago. Generally, I think they've got a pretty good football program. So in the class that Edgewood's in, it's gonna be an interesting ball game. It'll be, I hope, a really successful start for Scott Fisher and his football program.
Speaker 2: And I know they've been dealing with I know a lot of their kids and families have been dealing with the high water down there as well. By the way, Springs Valley is number one in one A to start this season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I know they're pretty good. They're one A team. I think I think they could be a challenge in this ballgame. It'll be a tougher game than Mitchell has been the last few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, the Mitchell you will put tell Scott to put Mitchell back on the schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she did not take a You don take a hint from from the college football now where you play three really nobody's at the beginning of the season and get your record started nicely.
Speaker 6: That's not the way Scott's doing it.
Speaker 1: Nod, I love this too.
Speaker 2: And you bring up the scheduling and Kurt Signetti and Iu. I love it because I never thought i'd be in a position where everybody's complaining about IU's scheduling.
Speaker 1: This is great. And here's put a thing.
Speaker 2: Kurt Signetti is going by a protocol that he has lived by since he's been a coach, and it's worked so well. Why would you ever go against what he has done, his protocol, his process. That's what's crazy to me. Everybody's asking him and them to do that. Why would you ever do that?
Speaker 7: That'd be my question too, John, because look what this guy did in two seasons at Indiana University, the losingest Division one program in the country at that time, and he has taking a team eleven and two. Now all of a sudden they're sixteen to ho won a national championship in year two. If you questioned anything that guy does right now, you're an idiot.
Speaker 6: And there are several of them out there, just so.
Speaker 1: You know, oh my, we are chalk full of idiots. Don no time about that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you as soon as you get on the road for Ellensville and we'll do this every Friday.
Speaker 1: It's great to have you back.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on the living legend honor here in the state of Indiana, well deserved of that. When you guys are good to go for our table again with Joe and Ginger and everybody, let me know, Okay, pal.
Speaker 6: Al, we'll do it. John, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 1: You got dot fix your voice, and the hooshiers right
Speaker 2: Down the Anymore Automotive Group Poline Taylor's barring table is our location.