Speaker 1: The Frans per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the franch per Second Podcast. Today I have with me mister Kenneth b ing Olo and mister modest Media.
Speaker 3: That was good, man, not much, not much, And.
Speaker 2: As I can tell you about the title when you hit play, we are reviewing one piece. I know y'all are probably missing the other three that.
Speaker 3: Were on the last review.
Speaker 2: You know, we had Nay and Nick, you know they departed, but Mike said he wasn't doing this ship.
Speaker 3: He just said, straight up, he doing this ship.
Speaker 2: So we without Michael on this review, which is a kind of we kind of all knew that was gonna be what it was. It's unfortunate we couldn't get him to do it, but it's all good.
Speaker 4: It's unfortunate.
Speaker 5: The whole last view I went back. I can watch some of it. It was live too, I remember me and live. He was trolling.
Speaker 4: The the commenters and everything.
Speaker 2: But doing it in on that Yeah, it might not it might not be a bad thing. It might not be a completely bad thing. But with that being said, man, what's your overall view of season two? How were feeling about season two?
Speaker 4: Rot Man, I'm still I'm still here. For it, man, I like what this show is. Just like last time, like I said, I had to go back.
Speaker 5: I knew I liked it, but I wanted to kind of go back and see what part of my take was.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch the whole review, but I'm still I'm still with it, man.
Speaker 5: Just like last time, it took me a minute to like kind of settle into it, because you know, it is it is a bit different than what I'm used to watching, Like it's for like the hokiness and like the but they but I feel like they're very confident in what they want to do and what they want to create, and they stay true to that. And that's what I appreciated off the show. It's not something that I would typically watch like that, but I like what they do with this show. I like that they just they stay true to who they are, like like and and y'all felt the same way on this one. Now again they are like I have like my little gripes here and there or whatnot.
Speaker 4: But for the most part, I.
Speaker 5: Think it's just a continuation of of what they did last season that I that I messed with and like I said before as well, like this is this formula is something that that I like, you know what I'm saying, from the Harry Potters of the world to the to the just just adventure stories of the world like this, this, this is fine, Like I can suspend belief in and when it comes to this type of stuff, what about you gain.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it, you know.
Speaker 6: I think for me, it really started to take off around episode three or four exactly which one, but yeah, yeah, it really started to take off from there, and at that point I was I was kind of all in on the different adventures that they were taking us, so so yeah, you know, I messed with it, especially with all the new characters we got a chance to meet, and the different sort of powers that they have that they had so and the level of seriousness I think they displayed this season, especially as they progressed.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It was silly in spots, it wasn't as as silly and goofy as I remember, except when it kind of opened up.
Speaker 1: But now I messed with it, man.
Speaker 2: Where where as far as me, I hate this ship man, man, I hate this like h I guess you probably picked it up yesterday when we was talking about it, and I said, I had to watch all sixteen episodes.
Speaker 3: I didn't want season one. I picked up on it.
Speaker 5: I didn't know who sure, I know you were an animated guy, and I know it's gonna take a little bit more for you to like, you know, live actually, because you didn't really mess with what's the other one that was live actual?
Speaker 3: So Avatar Avatar?
Speaker 4: You didn't really rock with Avatar like that either, right, And see I even rocked with that a little bit.
Speaker 5: It made me want to go back in and watch the those are animated because that's American made, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Enemy Car too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, So, I mean I'm not surprised, you know what I'm saying. I know it's gonna take I think so. I think Isaiah liked it, though.
Speaker 2: Hm, I may be a little disconnected because one Piece has been around since ninety seven and me getting to one Piece was like three or four years ago, like right when the first live action came out. I just started watching and Piece. So to some people when I when I listen to Nick watching watching it, maybe the nostalgia of watching one Piece from the beginning allows people to just be like, man, I'm just happy to see it in live action. For me, I'm just like this, this doesn't work in this medium for me at all. It's just it don't connect. And I thought maybe it's because it's like it's too goofy. But then there's certain things I do like that are goofy like this that don't bother me, or even more like comics like I can watch MCU stuff and like the Guardians of the Galaxy, it ain't as goofy as this.
Speaker 3: But you give what I say. This is something about this.
Speaker 2: It just I just can't get with it. Bro. I just it just it's not not meant for me. So yeah, I'm happy y'all do with joy, though like it does. It doesn't make me happy that a piece of the anime world people are embracing. And even true one piece fans aren't mad at this because they do stay true to.
Speaker 3: A lot a lot of things. But uh yeah, it's not.
Speaker 5: Remember the first season and like a lot of a lot of the fans of the shows like, oh, we got us one.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I saw a lot of that talk, and so I thought maybe they were staying true. And I remember, like, like I said, this made me want to.
Speaker 5: Go start watching the the anime and I and I.
Speaker 4: Think I got through the part of the first season and it was very true too. Like the anime, I was just like, oh, well, yeah, this this is what I watched a lot of action. So but no, I mean I rock with it. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not as dedicated to it as someone like you or how Nay is and all that. It's definitely different from like what what like Nate watches. Right when it comes to the animes or whatever, It's not like this type of silly like it's a different type of it's it's like a different type of seriousness to the to the stuff I.
Speaker 4: See her watching sometime or whatever. So I know it's different.
Speaker 5: But for me, like I said, man like coming up watching like Harry Potters and.
Speaker 4: And Lords of the Rings and all that type of stuff. When these you know, you got like basically children like going on adventures, I'm with it, you know what I'm saying. I grew up on the Goonies, you know what I mean, those were kids, you know what I'm saying, Like like that that that type of formula just works for me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And once I get past. You know how silly this this one can get.
Speaker 4: Sometime I'm cool and I'm with kid Like it wasn't that even as silly as the first season. It was a lot more serious.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think what I'm hearing when you talk about it is probably like the piece of your imagination. It taps into their creativity. And I think if I think, I'm gonna ask you a question as far as like your childhood when you watch things like did you watch more.
Speaker 3: With the cartoons that you watch?
Speaker 2: Or like, was it more watching uh more live action things like I'm trying to think of. I wouldn't know. I wouldn't have, Like what did your Saturday look like? If you said in front of the TV, what were you watching?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: You got me thinking all the way back. But I watched everything, you know what I'm saying. Of Course I like the X Man, you know what I'm saying. I like that stuff. But shit, I like Animniacs, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like I liked ah Man. What are some of my favorite shows?
Speaker 5: I even like some of the stuff that didn't even last long, Like I remember kidding Play had a cartoon, remember that can?
Speaker 4: And like James Brown was like they got their godfather something like that. I watched that stuff coming up.
Speaker 5: I watched Beetlejuice cartoons, like I watched just about anything. I mean, I went to school for animation, so my animation runs deep, you know what I mean, like when it comes to like cartoons and things.
Speaker 4: So yeah, to see this like just kind of like a live action, like, yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It's fine for me, man, it's fine, But I totally get somebody that just won't.
Speaker 4: I don't. I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. It's just me. I know.
Speaker 5: I can watch it, you know what I'm saying and appreciate what they're trying to execute, right, and then them.
Speaker 4: Staying true to it like I can't. I can't. I can't express that enough.
Speaker 5: Like they are absolutely staying true to what they want to do and I and I really really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, I don't like it. I don't like Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so yeah, if you don't like Harry Potter, yeah you're not gonna like something like this. Even though Harry Potter is different from this, it's not like it's it's a lot.
Speaker 4: More serious than this. But and I think what I what I said on now when I feel like the actors were better than Harry Potter too.
Speaker 5: Yes, so you know, as you can see those those actors are going along and done other stuff, you know, off of that show.
Speaker 2: All right, well, this review is gonna be a little different, y'all because it is a season long review and it I mean gonna beat by beat max just like some questions, and we're gonna we all gonna touch on the episodes. But before we do that, my first question before for both of y'all is what do you feel was that the the standout episode for y'all? What do you what do you feel like was an episode? Because I heard y'all say about three or four as when it got you, but it may not have been the best episode. What was the best episode of the season for y'all?
Speaker 4: Let me look at that.
Speaker 3: I can give you a little bit. Let's see. So uh actually.
Speaker 2: If you need to, we can just run through it and then you can stop me and say, yo that this this is my standout episode right here?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I could do that. Yeah, I just start talking about it. It gave me a.
Speaker 5: Refresher all right, but I'll still look while you're talking about it and then it might hit me too.
Speaker 2: All right, cool, Ken, do you have yours you want to do the way you're doing it?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: I don't know what number it is though, but it's zero, man. This is a zero episode when he killed one hundred people.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that is a good episode.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was That was the one episode he said, was this when they were let's see they miss the three and miss golden Golden week on that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think with Zoro when he said he started killing people and when in that bar, yes, yeah, yeah, that was episode three. So yeah, that's when it's when it got y'all back.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about that? What about that episode made it to stand out one for y'all?
Speaker 4: What Ken just said, Zoro going through the hundred ones, and I find myself counting. I know you counted at some point he got like ninety something When he said ninety two, I was like, I knew it was ninety two because I counted. Was like.
Speaker 1: I got off about one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I counted, and I was like, oh, he said ninety two. I was like, bet, yeah, I counted it right.
Speaker 5: But yeah, nah, man, that that was definitely a strong suit of that episode. I mean, yeah, that that was just a solid episode all around though, because that's when we also find out that the sad Lessons, well, the one assassin, she's like a she's not really an assassine. She's like a princess of another another Alabastas Alabastas. Yeah, so that was good man, that almost really good.
Speaker 2: And yeah because as far as like episode one, how it opens up and we're back into the world of One Piece, and like, like you said, right, it kind of takes a minute to get back into it if you're not familiar with it.
Speaker 3: It's like it's such a goofy.
Speaker 2: And so many many elements going on that it does take a time to sit in it if you not. For me, it was a little bit easier because you know, I watched season one on it right into season two, but I could understand someone just watching it after not seeing it for two years. It does take a minute to get back into this world. And they they open it up with some rand new characters with uh, some Assam from Barague Works and they go to the marine base.
Speaker 3: What did y'all think of that?
Speaker 2: How it introduced you back to the world, Did it did it was like off putting, Oh does it like all right? Did you still have a feeling of like, Okay, I see what I'm going back to. But it was like completely off putting because it was kind of serious, but it was goofy because they were killing people, but it was still in a goofy style.
Speaker 3: How did y'all feel with the opening?
Speaker 1: It was? It was off putting for me at first.
Speaker 6: Because I couldn't quite remember where we left off outside of them just being pirates, So you know, I was trying to figure out we are we in a different different storyline or what was going on? And because it opened with some action open with them going in there and doing all this sort of stuff, so I'm like, okay, what do I not remember? And you know, they're on the boat and they're doing their thing and being all silly and goofy.
Speaker 1: So it was a mixture of both.
Speaker 6: It was that the sort of seriousness of in the beginning, and then introducing us to these villains, which I like as they followed and chased them harassing for over half of the series, to them being back on the boat and Monkey Deslofi, you know, being his random goofy self and just looking at the characters and trying to really remember and get back into who the characters are, their roles, the personality types, et cetera, et cetera. So, yeah, that that first episode, you know, it's you know it was, it was it dragged for a little bit as it was kind of setting everything up for what was to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely think it kind of dragged, But but I did like, like like him saying, like some of the stuff that came out of it, Like I feel like that one villain was very strong, like the one that did the hands with her name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what's her?
Speaker 4: Damn? But she was. She was fucking like how the hell they gonna beat her?
Speaker 5: And so y'all already know, like you know, for the people that are you know, listening and watching, y'all know how I am about.
Speaker 4: About villains, Like the villain you know, your your movie or your show is just as strong as your villain or whatever. So like for her to be that strong, like I'm like, yo, like, how do how to heal? Do you beat her? I was like, Okay, cool, that's dope because I can't see it right now, you know what I'm saying, Like she she is she is super dope.
Speaker 5: The other ones were cool too, don't get me wrong, but her like just her confidence on how you know, it don't seem like she could be defeated.
Speaker 4: That that such what for? Okay, you know, they gotta do something to be able to beat her. It's gonna be epic, you know what I'm saying. It will have to be epic, you know. And then to find out that that's just the right hand to the main guy, it's like, okay, so mister zero got to be a badass, you know what I'm saying. So I think they said that part of nicely. So yeah, yeah, I did like that about episode.
Speaker 2: Did y'all enjoy the introductions of Smoking Tashigi, you know Smoke Captain Smoker, because he also is here in the in the first episode he's introduced. I did think when he got introduced it was cold because he does have that same bike in the anime, like the three motorcycle. I thought the way they introduced him that that was cold as hell. Like I did mess with that, but we still got some motivations and even him talking about how Lufy reminds him of Goldie Roger like all those things. How did y'all feel about me? These two characters?
Speaker 5: Same with him, like as someone that's trying to capture them. I'm like, Okay, he a badass too.
Speaker 4: So you got a villain that's strong, and you have have the authorities who are strong as well, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's like you got these two obstacles that are already strong. And so yeah, yeah, I was I liked his introduction. He came off like again, when I saw him, I was like, oh, yeah, that this is what this show is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Because he's kind of corny.
Speaker 5: Too, but he got a shirt all open and all that. But I'm like, well, this is what the show is, you know what I'm saying. I can't come in here and criticize it for that because that's what it is, you know what I'm saying. So and like I think, in.
Speaker 4: The back of my mind, I could just imagine it as an anime. So it's just like I'm forgiving on a lot of that stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Yeah, n he was dope. He was dope. You know.
Speaker 6: They they let you know that he's a badass, you know, and with his powers, and I thought that that was good, you know, and they also I had like a flashback of the Mike, the Rogers guy you were talking about.
Speaker 1: That was also confusing to me.
Speaker 6: And when I started, I was like, man, I probably should have went back and rewatched the.
Speaker 1: First season.
Speaker 6: Because he was like, yeah, I got a son and this that, and I was like, Okay, well what is that about?
Speaker 1: What did I miss?
Speaker 6: And I don't think it really ever came back around until the end yeah, episode eight. So but you know, I also remember that the whole One Piece anime is over a thousand episodes, so it's a lot of like adventure and I'm guessing because I haven't watched it and unresolved things I would imagine.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, No, I liked him. I liked him.
Speaker 6: He was like he had spot appearances here and there from from for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: But no, he was dope.
Speaker 5: Also surprised that he ate a double fruit too, so I don't think it hadn't been any Marines that had a double fruit or anything like that, so I thought that was interesting. So I'm not sure if they showed how he had how he did it, so yeah, so that that I think that's an interesting backstory to that, like how did he possess like, you know, a double food m h and what made him do it?
Speaker 4: You know, as a marine? So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: And you I'm trying to I think when you asked about the person that you were talking about, you're talking about Alvida.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: My name is Alvida?
Speaker 4: Who you talking to me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I asked about who.
Speaker 3: You said you could remember her name. Oh, you talk him. It's all Sunday, never mind, never mine, all Sunday.
Speaker 2: I don't remember it came to me when came something Alvida, but you're talking it's all Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, all Sunday, the one with the hands.
Speaker 2: And I was just thinking about her and Buggy because she wasn't in the episode that long.
Speaker 3: She was in that first scene. That's why I was like, Okay, he must be talking about her.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, cool, cool, cool, Yeah, Smoker, Smoker was staying out for me this season, like and I enjoyed Smoker during this art and in one piece, so like that did that? That was one thing that did help man the production.
Speaker 3: What do you what do you? How do you feel about the production through the entire show.
Speaker 2: Like for this to be an anime show and as goofy as it is, I mean it is Netflix. You know the budget is there. When you't aware with the budget that ain't that ain't gonna be the issue. But it's still execution. Do y'all feel like the production adds something to the to the show as well?
Speaker 4: Not necessarily for me, because this could be a lot grittier, and I think I was still like it. I probably would like it even.
Speaker 5: More if it wasn't so glitz and glamor and high production value, because yeah, yeah, because it's not about that for me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's more so about the journey.
Speaker 5: And just seeing you know, day Lufy's determination right on wanting to be the King of the Pirates, like like it don't it's like you keep hitting him, but he keeps getting back up like Captain of America or some shit, Like you know what I'm saying, Like he's just he's just determined man, And like I don't know, I just think that's really really cool as a as a character. And then he's bringing along all of these other people, Like I said on the first review. It just reminds me of how I view life.
Speaker 4: He's just so like positive. Nothing could like just really put him in a mood like he it don't matter what obstacles in a way, he thinks he's going to prevail. He's that determined and that destined. Feel like he's that destined to be that person. So yeah, it's it's like like, yeah, he's like the heart of the show. And then like I like how they play too that, like what's the girl with the pink care? What's her name? Forgot her name? No? Me? Like, she's like, yo, when you see it, you know it. You know what I'm saying, So I like, I like that.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 6: Again, I didn't really think about the production all that much when I was watching it.
Speaker 1: Thinking about it now when they were on.
Speaker 6: I think that Island with the Giants, I think it definitely helped there with some of the things that they were doing with the characters. So so I think definitely investigate it in the way that they are makes sense for them, especially if the audience is high. They have to make sure that they retain their audience and keep people satisfied and not kind of shit the bed to keep their reputation solid, so you know, and I think it must be doing well for them. I haven't checked to see how it's performing since season two came up.
Speaker 4: I don't think this was performing like season one d because it wasn't even trending on my end, like it was even part of a top shows. So I was like, damn it, Mu's not be doing well. But I also didn't see a lot of a lot of marketing behind us either though like the first one. The first one, I feel like it was promoted very heavily, but this one I didn't. I didn't see as much, so I had to I had to put it in search I could even I didn't even it wasn't even in my list nowhere. I had to. I had to search for it.
Speaker 2: I think they're rested on their laurels or how big it was last time. They didn't promote it the way they should have, because even when we talked about it, like I had a couple of friends who mentioned it like in past, and they weren't like excited, they weren't going all out about it. I didn't see it anywhere. It was just me talking to people about it. Yeah, But as far as the production.
Speaker 3: Man, I think.
Speaker 2: I think that's the one thing that does draw me in to continue to watch, is to compare, like, how do y'all take these so so like eccentric characters and bring them into live action and still make it as accurate as possible, because it's not like they shine away from it like how X Men did when they first did the first movie, trying to like make it feel like some realism in real life. They're like, no, we gonna make y'll look as Goofy as y'all look in the anime and and the manga, like this is what y'all look like, and we're gonna do our best to execute it. And that's the that's the one thing that continues to make me want to watch and see how that how that is executed. I do disagree with you, Rod, as far as I think it being gritty. It may work for you, but I think because of the animal the anime is more colorful, and so this show is for me, it feels like it's not colorful enough to it feels like it doesn't like when I watch one piece, it's like a brightness to it, that feeling that you feel about Loofy. That's the that the colors do that for me with Loofy too, and it's like how bright this show looks like it's so it is.
Speaker 3: Like if you walk back like I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I know my nephew would fall in love with it if he saw it, only like I think, And I think that's what draws a lot of people into is that, especially if you grew up with it.
Speaker 3: It was one of those shows that.
Speaker 2: You just looked at and you were just amazed about all the different colors on the screen. How people do you'all talked about Cocomela at one point like it's just like amazing to see all these colors on the screen. And so I do I do think the production does add something to it for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was gonna say with that with that, yeah, that's interesting. See I don't have that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't have that background with the show like that, So that doesn't matter to me as much, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, but I understand like for you it does because it keeps like you said, it keeps it true to what you.
Speaker 4: What you your introduction to it. So yeah, for me, it don't really matter.
Speaker 2: So this is when watching One Piece, I'm for the y'all listening, I'm I just finished Scott Pia Scott Pia arc so I'm saying I got a long way to go. I'm just hitting like episodes two hundreds, Like I listen, y'all, it's a journey, bro, Like One Piece is a journey on top of all the other anime. So with Rod, I also understand why he don't watch the anime because I think something that draws me in with the with the anime compared to the live action is these episodes. They take time to really you invested in each character, like I feel like sometimes these episodes they do, I guess they do a decent enough job for me of giving these backstories and developing these characters. But in anime, I got multiple episodes like this. The first season that y'all watched, I think was forty four episodes or fifty episodes and then it So that's twenty minutes an episode. Yeah, that's a whole lot more character development that I'm getting from each character as compared to watching this TV show where it's like, I don't think, y'all, you're not making me invest in these arcs when they're supposed to be heartfelt, and when they turn it don't. It don't draw me in the way I was with the anime, and I think that's something that kind of takes me out of it a little bit.
Speaker 4: But with that, but with that background and you knowing and already having it from watching the animes, how is that not applied to the live Actually?
Speaker 2: I guess for me, I'm there're two there's still two separate worlds. But I can only turn that off so much because I'm still connected to the show. So it's like, all right, I'm gonna allow this creator to show me. It's like listening to a cover an of a song. It's like, if you do a good job, I can kind of disconnect that cover the first time the original version that I heard from this song. If it's good enough, I'll be like, all right, that's a way to view it. That's a way to listen to it. That's the that's the way. But if you don't do it justice the way I think it should be done justice after the first one, then it's still gonna just be hard for me to connect to it. So that that's kind of it's a conundrum in a way, because it should be just easy to be I should be able to give them grace, same way you should be able to give an artist grace to be like, you ain't as great as that other artist who did it the first time, so I should give you more. But it's like, but you're trying to, so you also get critiqued for doing this this way. Interesting, So that's that's that's kind of how I look at.
Speaker 5: It, and I guess that's how Marvel Marvel fans are too. It's not like the comic books, you know what I'm saying, d da da dah like.
Speaker 4: But me, I'll be looking at that ship like I don't care, Like you don't. It don't matter that much to me, you know what I'm saying, Shit looks dope. You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't. I don't care how close it is to these comic books. I don't. I don't really care.
Speaker 5: It's cool that y'all can pour from the stories or whatever, and and you know, of course.
Speaker 4: I want you all to stay true to it to a certain extent, but it doesn't need to be right on the money for me, And sometimes I don't need all of the backstory, like if you can, if you can, I'm losing my words today. If you can, fuck you.
Speaker 5: Know, condense, if you could condense it to where you know, I get the point, you know what I'm saying, Like that's all That's all I really need.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it works, like Infinity War works even though it's not and it's supposed to be based off Infinity the Gadlet and it's nowhere near what Thanos is doing and Infinite the Gauntlet, but it.
Speaker 3: Still works because it's still main Elemens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like so yeah, it's like you get it. He still had bars exactly, And then we'll talk briefly about the next episode. Was just talks about La Boon in the Reverse Mountain.
Speaker 3: This is when.
Speaker 2: I was I became a fan of one Piece. This arc in the in the anime is when I became a fan of One Piece. Like I started, I was enjoying it. This maybe a fan. So I do appreciate this action scene when they first going up Reverse Mountain. That ship looked dope at hell. On me, that ship looked dope. I wish I was on that boat like that, that ship that was great to me. How did y'all feel about both the action scene and learning about La Boon and Crocus at at the lighthouse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that that was. That was that was pretty dope. Uh, him trying to figure out how to get through river or whatever that goes backwards, which is it was just kind of a wild sort of thing to kind of process and him stretching out like mister fantastic and doing all this stuff to just basically being heroic, being being we but monkey de loofy and uh and you know, it was it was it was like where are we going to go? Because we've just seen all these other villains and stuff that they introduced, and now we're out here in the water and we're basically in something like uh, Moby Dick or Pinocchio or whatever. It's just like these dudes got eaten by well and they're stuck and he got got to get his friends out. But man, the story they told about that well, and it was it was so good because I because I felt so bad for him, like constantly just banging your head up against the wall trying to get to them, and you don't even know why he's doing it. He looks like this this this crazy deranged beast that's terrorizing everything and it's not even the case like he just wants his friends and it was it was so sad, man, it was so sad, and the idea of instead of using violence to get your friends back, it was just we're gonna I'm gonna de escalate the situation in a completely different way and it worked. So that's one thing that I noticed that anime Maga maga, they do really really well when it comes to storytelling. It's insane when they when they knell it, they knel it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. No, that was really good. Like I'm agree, can't like that. It was touching, you know what I'm saying, and for them, so.
Speaker 5: I guess when you're talking about production that that's a good production use or whatever, because you got the well like have exuding certain emotions. You got the well did like crying, like you know what I'm saying, that's wow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, and I like how you have like two things happening simultaneously. You got his crew inside the well doing going through what they're going through, and then you got Monkey day Loofy and the guy you know, telling their side of the story. So you got two things happening parallel or whatnot, and then just monkey day Loofy, just you know, having the idea like Okay, I think I know how to get my friends back, and like you said, just just basically you know, being that that bright spot for him again, just understanding that that's what he needed. And yeah, man, that ship, that ship, Yeah that shit was dope.
Speaker 5: Like like they said, Man, you look at on the on the surface, you look at this ship, it's like, man, this is Goofy ship. But when you really tap into the story, it's like, wait, this is actually a pretty decent story, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And that's what I really liked that about it here.
Speaker 2: Hearing you talk like that always gives me hope that people who look at this year this cartoon will be like, oh bro, it can be. It's more than just like animation is like how you feel about Pixar, And that's how people really feel about ani anime. And I know I put in a group on time about why I just like the generation who grew up on anime compared to Disney cartoons are becoming different because as compared to always expecting a fairy tale, we become more resilient because you see stories like this where they teach you about you got to overcome an obstacle like you it's not somebody coming to save you, Like things aren't just going to work out. You have to figure out a way to overcome that with resilience and just keep going. It's a little bit different in the Eastern Eastern stories. Something that they did different and this is and it makes sense in the anime that house Crocus is actually living inside the whale. So they did a slight jab at the end of the episode. It's like, well, you could always live inside.
Speaker 3: The whale, Like that was a jab at the anime, like they were.
Speaker 2: Trying to it made sense to make it different here. But yeah, it's it was a nice little jab.
Speaker 3: I smiled at that. I was like, all right, I see y'all.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I think it was a I can't.
Speaker 2: Remember who said it. It was someone of the crew had crew. I can't remember who said it, but they definitely I think it was Oopside.
Speaker 4: So who lived inside.
Speaker 2: The world Crocus the Old Man's Black House.
Speaker 4: Oh so the old man in the White House is actually the one that Okay.
Speaker 2: God, yeah he was outside the well, taking care of the will from the inside. So yeah, yeah, but it made sense to do it this way, all right. I ain't mad at this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder why they flipped that when you said they made sense to do it this way. While you feel that way.
Speaker 2: I think it just I think a part of it is still trying to make sure it's grounded enough. Like I don't think they're trying to go over the top. I think a lot of times, a lot of the people you see you can I think some people can excuse it because of the devil fruit. You look at it like, all right, this fruit. A lot of these things look weird. But living and you living inside a well rod like living a human being living inside the whale, and you need food, you need all these different things that you live inside the well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean we've seen it though, like Kid mentioned earlier, But uh, was it Pinocchio?
Speaker 1: I don't think it was. Who was it was?
Speaker 4: It was one of those carts.
Speaker 1: It was somebody that got eating well.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but how did they how did they so how did they execute this in the in the in the anime.
Speaker 5: Then if you don't if you don't have anybody on the outside to do the singing, like, how did they resolve that.
Speaker 2: This ain't happened inside? I'm trying to remember exactly this ain't happened inside, like and and he let them out, so yeah, And I remember watching it and it kind of the action scene of the reverse Mountain brought me in. And then when they got to the living in the wh I was like, man.
Speaker 3: It's some dumb ship.
Speaker 6: I was thinking of what you Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but yeah cool.
Speaker 2: I'm glad y'all like that. And then y'all next The next episode is the one y'all said, y'all like the most when we get to Whiskey Pete, What were your thoughts on finally meeting Uh, well, we met Miss Wednesday and mister nine and then we get to Whiskey Pete where we ended up eating mister eight. We find out that they got a whole bunch of things.
Speaker 3: Going on and they were for Baroke Works.
Speaker 2: How did y'all feel about meeting mister eight and all these other characters of Baroke Works so far?
Speaker 4: Well, before we got to mister A, I did, like again just monkey plies like happiness, like you.
Speaker 5: Said, his gut can tell that mister missus Wednesday, you know, it's a good person.
Speaker 4: So I did. I do like that about him as well. And then mister eight was the one, the black dude with the considered mister eight.
Speaker 3: No, yeah he's black.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, he had the white wig, right, that's what we've done. Yeah uh so uh yeah, I knew something was off with that.
Speaker 5: With that land, they were just too their friendly. I was like, man, some right, something right.
Speaker 4: But even that was good because it felt right when they kept feeding them and all that type of shit. I'm like, oh man, so some may right, some main't right, and it just leaves you like kind of on edge, just kind of waiting waiting for that moment to turn.
Speaker 5: And then it just kind of slowly started turning. You got the women that come to the bar and they bring them to the back, and you got some other people doing their things, and you.
Speaker 4: Just kind of see it unfolding, like yeah, man, I like this. I really liked this episode. But yeah, as far as mister eight, yeah, he was fine. I mean because he was played the flute or some ship something like that.
Speaker 9: Hair was guns was crazy, like, oh man, that ship was so dope.
Speaker 6: Because I did not see guns in this dude's wig broth insane ship and that was right after they just man, it was just they were just the action scene with Zero was is just so insane, all of it really, because all that stuff was running together. Because this is the one where uh Wednesday, the one in yellow and the black guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they blew up somebody.
Speaker 6: That ship was Valentine, val Valentine, big bomb of something.
Speaker 1: He called that ship was dope at the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I forgot what he said, but he said that black as hell because he had a black sing he uh throughout the episode, but it wasn't. But he said something dope as hell because they got tired of his mess and.
Speaker 1: He just took that ship and just flicked and blew him up.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Zoro was that dude, man, And just the whole place full of just assassins is kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: So they did that really really really well.
Speaker 7: Mhm.
Speaker 6: And the and the loyalty that that guy had too to the princess, like he didn't even turn on her and he was basically defeated.
Speaker 1: He was done, and he know and he he you know, he held his own with Zoro for a little bit too. H he wanted out of the smoke.
Speaker 2: This this episode was was true to for him too, Like I remember.
Speaker 3: This and even when I.
Speaker 2: Found out that Miss Wednesday was a princess so VV and there's VV and she's trying to work from the inside to try to uh in baroque works like that. That all worked for me, and even the way they did it, He'll worked for me. So episode three, I see why Drew Yullen like you can start feeling the serious and then start to sit in with everything. Episode two made you feel things, but now you're starting to see there's there's some broader things going on and you can see different turns and twists happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're starting to get action, and I think that's it started to pick up. Like an episode two, there was the story of the well, and there was action when they were inside fighting against the people that they met in there as well. But this is when it really started to pick up. There was a lot of action in this one.
Speaker 4: The other thing too that I didn't mention about one that's where Zoro got his swords right all the three Yeah, Yeah, when he went to the shop or whatever, he was kind of like hassling them or whatever. That ship was really dope? What what was that three? Was that? This one? That that episode one? Yeah about episode so.
Speaker 5: Yeah one or two was a lot of set up, a lot of set up, a lot of reintroduction. When we get here, like Ken said, this is when we start getting that action real yet touching the action.
Speaker 3: Once again.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm new to the one piece fandom, but I remember listening to a couple of homies thinking they were like, man, they a're gonna talk do Logtown so episode one, people like, they don't need to do it, like but like you said, there's a lot of set up. So that's why they felt like they a're gonna do They're gonna do Lowtown. They gonna skip that in. But they surprised a lot of people by going to Logtown. That is that is one commentary I have I have heard, Oh they're surprised.
Speaker 3: That they actually did that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that makes sense that you.
Speaker 3: See that set up.
Speaker 2: Next we end up at an episode four, We go to Little Garden where it is anything but little, which is like such a one piece thing to do, and we end up meetting the two Giant Warriors there. We also get them dueling in their backstory and just in a jungle that has freaking dinosaurs. How did y'all feel about Episode four?
Speaker 3: As we get this.
Speaker 2: Brand new and another brand new environment, we just keep on jumping from island to island, and that is one piece.
Speaker 3: Y'all like, And that is the best. That is one of the best things about it.
Speaker 2: You just the world just keeps expanding, the spanning, and the stories just draw you in deep like they go.
Speaker 3: They just find ways they hit you in the gut after you.
Speaker 2: I didn't believe people when they said, bro, it gets good and just gets get better on that. I was like, no, sure, no, no, nothing really does that.
Speaker 3: But One Piece really does do it.
Speaker 2: So how did y'all feel about Episode four?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Same man, Like it's like you introduced something totally different, like dinosaurs and giants, Like we just came off this one island and this is something that's like a totally new type of type of hurdle, you know what I'm saying, that you got to get past or whatever. So I like how it made it seem like but I kind of I kind of felt like the giants were on like bad giants, But I like how they kind of made it seem like it was because again it's like, Okay, how the hell do you defeat these big ass giants or whatever?
Speaker 5: But but yeah, man, this is where where it kind of started getting kind of sinister. Actually, it's like, damn, man, this wax dude he kind of crazy, you know what I mean, like like you know, like the way he was trying to kill them or whatever. And so yeah, man, yeah, this this one was good too.
Speaker 4: Like like I said, man, it kept getting better, kept getting more interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, four and five, man, like to come off episode three and then to go on to four and five before being a setup for five was really really really good. And the the sort of character arc or development of who's whoserp whoso and what they did with him because he really ain't shit and they kind of let him have his moment and they showed him being like vulnerable and exposed and weak, and the giant kind of giving him some some game and some confidence, you know, to to to be that. And you know, I thought, like the advice he gave it was was really good as well. And then it just got having them split, you know, they went with one giant, the other one with the giant and they came together and they're being silly and goofying, this time both cheering for the giant that they were with.
Speaker 1: As they were fighting.
Speaker 6: Once again, you thought to h to a standstill, but it wasn't because these crazy motherfuckers put some shit in the al to get rid of the giant and they couldn't stop the guy from killing them. So when he's stamping, I was like, oh man, that's so messed up. And then they showed the blood on the ground. I was like, damn he he out of here. But yeah, but the introduced the introduction of.
Speaker 1: That wax guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah he looked.
Speaker 6: I was like, this is a silly, stupid ass power but my god, bro, he was nice.
Speaker 4: With Yeah man, I was just like, damn, bro, And like you said, and like we already got introduced to some badass characters like from that baroque works and then him to be like, oh y'all ain't experience ship.
Speaker 5: Wait you see this wax guy, this wax nigga, you know what I'm saying. And it's like he was nice, like can saying.
Speaker 4: He was nice. And again it's's like, Okay, how the hell do you beat this dude? Because he got wax that basically turns into steal what it sits, So and then you have fucking zero that could even chop through it with the knife that we thought was the ship. So it's just like god damn, like, how the hell do we do this? Like like so they keep introducing these these these obstacles that you just don't know how they're gonna overcome it. That is good ass storytelling. It's not predictable at all, Like it's constantly never predictable. You do not know what's gonna happen on one piece and that's what And that's another thing that I love about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they they took this guy and they completely took out the baddest fighter in the crew, which is Zoro to me, like he was completely nullified and Nami was nullified and monkey day loofy. They took him off the board. He got the paint on it, so he's a puppet somewhere. Yes, yes, she was insane. So he's gone. And they left with the weakest person there. And he used his weakness as a strength because they looked at him as weak. So they just kind of toy with their food and.
Speaker 4: They was like, I don't even know who you are. Like they like, we don't even have orders to kill you. God damn, they didn't even have orders to kill this nigga died like that, that's how they look at him. Man, that's so fucked up, bro. But but he is like he is the weakest link just.
Speaker 5: Just overall the show for me, you saw or whatever, because he was last time too on season one. I didn't like him then either, like many why they playing us with the black dude or whatever?
Speaker 4: But but but yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He did have bright spots and time goes on. Yeah, he got teams to get his bright bright spots of time.
Speaker 3: But I get an anime.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, this nigga always lying, like this nigga long, what the hell? Why why while we got in here, Like he was annoying at first, And I feel.
Speaker 4: Like and and and I know I noticed set up for something later. You know what I'm saying. It has to be because you can't just have this dude justin't that ain't ship? Like be this dude like.
Speaker 5: This whole time. So I thought we were gonna get a little bit more from him than in this season.
Speaker 4: But you know, it was just enough to give us hope that okay, it might be something else to this guy.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It was just enough from four or five to kind of to develop him, just enough for the ending of this when they have to do all the fighting. You know, now he's confident. He's still cowardly because you know even in the later seeing something popped up and he screamed like a girl.
Speaker 1: Whatever. But he's fighting now a little bit more.
Speaker 6: And and it all started from from here where he got his ass whoop, just so he can free old boy by using a miss Miss Valentine and the bomb guy to crack the wax. And and they, I'm not gonna lie, they got me when they were about to fight and they were upset about the giants or whatever. And you know, the wast guy running around, what's his name starts with something. It's a long ass name, guy, the wat guy, mister three, mister Okay, okay, that.
Speaker 4: Takes a lot to get used to.
Speaker 1: They he had a real name though, right his name here, Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: That be the only thing that that I just have to just be like, God, damn man, why why, like especially with the hair and ship, Like I'm like, what is the deal with that, like why are everybody hare got to be crazy? So so it.
Speaker 5: Does take me a minute to overlook that ship because I don't know if y'all saw, but in the town it was a dude.
Speaker 4: They had like a hangar as a head as a hair or some ship. I'm like, why did they do that? Like what's the point?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: When when when he when they got ready to fight and he was like no, and then he took off a ran. I was like, okay that and I was like, all right, yeah, that makes sense. He just he taught stuff. But then Monkey day Loofy chased his ass to the to the damn forest. Once he got free because of USAP and he was struggling, he created all of these different like figures of him and he just run around just punching all the ship, which was dope as fuck, and punching and kicking all of these wats figures and not knowing who he is. Kind of remind me of a mirror master, I think, where he would create these illusions of himself and cause a flash to run around and punch stuff and wear himself out.
Speaker 1: All that shit was was dope as hell.
Speaker 6: I'm like, damn, this motherfucker is a bad ass. Like he used his powers to his mat simare potential, like he had that ship down to a science, even to the end.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah. And then then Zero at the end took out the black guy.
Speaker 6: He took him my cold, just chopped him up like that, and there was a rap and then of course Three took out Valentine at the end.
Speaker 1: But is Sannji a trader? No?
Speaker 3: Why would you? Why would you think he's a trader?
Speaker 6: I think that I misunderstood the scene where they had the little weird creatures and Zero called on the phone.
Speaker 1: I thought that was Sodi to answer the phone.
Speaker 4: It was it was Sony. But he was just acting as the three.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, so all right, all right, because I yeah, so damn I wish I would have because I rewinded.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, got it now. He was just acting as that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And that's why you said you don't wish you never answered his phone call.
Speaker 2: Mmm, because he was gonna kill mister Zero's gonna kill him regardless, because the job of not getting done.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, four five was good, man, Four five was good. And then they started beefing again at the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the end of it, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it was Man four five was good. Like I said, got a lot more serious steaks. Seemed like they were hired. Well, stakes were.
Speaker 5: Hired because you didn't you really didn't know how they were going to get out of this ship. You got monkey Dave Loofy, you.
Speaker 4: Know, he under a trance. And then like I said, you got them in the wax. Yeah, yeah, that was that was crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean if you think the stakes were hut there and then these final three episodes really take the stakes a little bit higher too, because they ended up getting back on the boat and in episode six they headed to the Drum.
Speaker 3: They headed to Drum.
Speaker 2: Island, where they don't really want to go to Drum Island because the VV has bad memories of the ruler of Drum Island.
Speaker 3: Wobble.
Speaker 2: And while they're there, before they get there, they realize they have to go there because Nami sick. And when they get there, they realize none of the doctors are there, and in order for them to get help the only doctor that they can see, they have to climb this massive mountain.
Speaker 3: In order to get to the top.
Speaker 2: Of the mountain, and in order for them to see a doctor. What did y'all think about meeting the two new characters in episode six, the new doctor and the creature that she had helping her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was thinking grogu, like how people attached to like grou as a as a creature. I feel like this is the same type of situation. I don't know how it is, but I feel like this is exactly what that was.
Speaker 6: Damn chop man, I want, I want, I wanted one.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: I was like, I got it, I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew, I do it, I do.
Speaker 4: That's how people looked at it.
Speaker 1: It's so well done. The voice, it's so.
Speaker 6: Small and cutty and that ain't even nowhere near that which we found out later.
Speaker 1: But nah, it was, it was, it was, it was. It was pretty cool, man.
Speaker 6: I think everything even leading up to that, like not me being sick, and I'm like, oh, man, I thought it was a remnants of something that happened on the island because we never saw her get a poked from what I remember, or bitten, so I didn't know what was going on with her and just.
Speaker 1: Man loofy climbing at island. Man, they did that.
Speaker 6: Ship so good and him, just really really showing his determination and will.
Speaker 1: To make for everybody to go up there.
Speaker 6: Like, dude failed, Sandy, I think failed, And he called him like he said her on the back and he went and and caught him with his teeth and threw him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bro, this dude is a is a hero. Bro crazy.
Speaker 3: Investing in the anime.
Speaker 2: Bro the way he get excited about about loofy here, I just be wanting him to watch Animal because then he could watch like and everything else.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, damn, man, these things are so cool.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I could give you that, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just yeah, I know you ain't got the time.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It is an investment. It's an investment.
Speaker 4: It's an investment. Man. She watched that ship all the time, be like I can't do it. I can't do it. But nah, I'm with kidding man. Like I thought he was gonna I thought he was gonna use his stretch a little bit more going up that mountain.
Speaker 5: So I was surprised that he just was using his the strength and determination to climb that that mountain.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because it was like, okay, so he's just good. He's gonna get up there quick. Because he's gonna stretch up, stretch up, stretch up. But now he didn't do that. He didn't do that, So yeah, I wonder.
Speaker 6: If it was because of the cold, maybe having something to do with the elasticity possibly, or maybe sandy.
Speaker 1: You don't want to leave sod behind.
Speaker 4: Right, I thought he. I thought it was intentional. When he didn't put a coat on him, I was like, Okay, he must going to use the stretching power. That's why they didn't put a coat on him or whatever.
Speaker 5: But yeah, for him to just climb him there just without using it, I was just like, okay, cool, I stayed corrected.
Speaker 1: He was like, what are you.
Speaker 4: O? Man?
Speaker 1: I did like this?
Speaker 3: Uh And that that's true too.
Speaker 2: He was when he first met Chopper, like he didn't understand what the hell Chopper was and he just chasing around and he was scared of.
Speaker 3: Chop Plate like all that.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate them doing that, and doctor kier how a lot of this.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Again, I give them problems for doing this, staying the true to the NME as possible, and something in the in the anime that's a running joke that's probably gonna end up here that he's a rain there. But you know how they do rocket and they call him everything, but like understand here raccoon, He's like, I'm not co That's what they do. The Chopper they call him like a possum and everything else. Right, That's that's how that's gonna be the running joke moving forward. So with y'all attachment to Chopper here, I thought it was cute here, the next episode gives us a little bit more insight about like why Chopper is there and what makes Chopper who he is, and you learn about his tragic backstory. I'm gonna mess up doctor Harrolok's name. I'm pretty butcher butchering it. But how did y'all how did this story resonate?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Did it not connect learning about.
Speaker 2: Chopter Chopper in the doctor's backstory and basically everything we learn to why he's with doctor Kuerhart.
Speaker 1: Now, man, I had no idea what they were about to do to me, Jay Bruh.
Speaker 6: The storytelling that they did with this, oh my, and the acting, the voice acting was just peak, as the kids like to say, bro it was I was.
Speaker 1: I was so caught up in it.
Speaker 6: And it started off with like how ki Eko Hawvey said, set it up. She's like, oh yeah, that's a terrible ass fucking doctor. He got with the worst doctor ever. And it may just seem like he was just this big light loser, and to a certain degree he was until he wasn't at the end when he sacrificed himself with that story about how man is forgotten, which is a hell of a.
Speaker 1: Like talk about a monologue.
Speaker 6: That shit's crazy, Like nobody ever said that outside of of here. The fact that I've never heard that was was it was I found fascinating. But yeah, him just being wounded, him being cared for developing this friendship, this bond. Talking about he the first fight, he said, Oh yeah, that makes sense because you never had a partner like these just emotional like small notes that by the time they get to the end, they make up this core and they it becomes very harmonic.
Speaker 1: Where you get to the end and.
Speaker 6: You see like you hear that cough, you were like, oh shit, and then he's walking back.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh yeah, it's time for you to get about I've seen this.
Speaker 6: We've all seen this in movies and shows over and over again where they were like whether person gets sick or definitely ill, and they try to force the person to go and and they were like you got to get out of here, and they curse him out and make him leave. The pain in Chopper's voice, the crying.
Speaker 1: Man, I was like, oh my god, I need to pick up up it. I hold it Chopper. Bro oh man. It was so so fucking good.
Speaker 6: And then for him to come back and see through the people of everything that was going on to try to rescue him and then end up k bruh, bruh. Like this anime, man, The storytelling and anime is insane. It's insane, and I get it. This is probably one of the I was This is by far. I liked three with the action, but in terms of like the best episode, this probably has to be the best episode now that I think about it. It's just it's incredible.
Speaker 4: Bro, No, they nailed this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is probably argument for the best episode if I had, if I had to really really rank them, because at first I didn't know how I was gonna feel about a whole story about just them or whatever, because I wanted to stay with the crew.
Speaker 4: But for them to for this to still be that good and it has nothing to do with nothing we've seen so far. It's just a story about them, and it's just like and they and they nail it that way. And then and then the part I don't know if you mentioned this part camp, but when he brought back the fucking mushroom for him, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, like damn man, like like he come back all bloody and ship because he went Valley of Death like man, yeah, like they they they killed that, like they kill.
Speaker 4: That, Jayalen, Man, you got it, man, come on, man, like, like I know you.
Speaker 1: We don't. We don't even know these two guys, bro the Doctor.
Speaker 4: We just met them. And how did they It's like we saw a whole movie. It's like it's like we were able to see like like a little short film or whatever about the story.
Speaker 5: And so I was like, and then I said, he gonna end up joining the crew because they ain't spend that much time on it for nothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, nah, man, it was really good man, it was stellar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I didn't think he was going to join the crew until it happened, and I was hoping he did because I thought he was dope. And then uh just that monologue at the end to cause him to portray Dalton, I think, to portray the guard and when it when you see the different versions of Chopper, when he turned into the rein deer when he was running up there, and then he turned into basically the Obama the snowman. They were talking about this whole time, but I think and he was like, bro, if you can't beat me, like what the hell you think you're gonna do when you get up in there, like come on that and he wised up and Johnson left and uh, it was man, it was, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was it was. It was so well done. Like man, bruh. I don't know if I could watch that one again, like he did it twice.
Speaker 6: The first time he kicked him out and then the second time when he thought he when he found out he killed him with the mushroom and then just the yelling and the owl and no, no.
Speaker 1: I was, oh my god, turn it off.
Speaker 4: And then the doctor to realize like that, you know what I'm saying, He knew, he knew that that that that that mushroom was daily, but he just made him believe that you know what I'm saying, that it wasn't like, man, yeah, they killed this.
Speaker 6: Man, and then he did take advantage of the top of about Yeah, I'm gonna just take a couple of these grenades because I might have to fight my way in to.
Speaker 4: Say right right right, don even makes sense.
Speaker 1: He was he was he was bombing the funk out of that ball.
Speaker 4: B was a suicide mission, yea, But he knew, he knew he couldn't tell that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. God, but yeah, absolute cinema, as they like to say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess for me, like I understand how great the storytelling it is, like because I already know it, so I know how great it is, and I'm not objectively I can look at it and be like this is still acceptable. It's just it's because I had to live with it so long. It She's like, all right, an hour doesn't do it justice to me. Maybe that maybe that's something that is disconnecting from me. Again, I don't have the complete answers and why is disconnecting from me? I'll be I'll be completely transparent with y'all. I don't know why is disconnecting for me, but it just doesn't completely go there for me, I can look at it and be like, all right, it ain't bad where I would tell nobody, don't even waste your time to watch that.
Speaker 3: It's just like I hate it because.
Speaker 4: I just want more. I just I don't know, man, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, man, It's just it's another sound like a hypocrite when I say this, But it's just just something.
Speaker 3: That's not there.
Speaker 4: It's just a matter of fact. I know Rod gets what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The sounds of Rod does this. He's like, it's just not there. Just doesn't even get there. I wish I could explain it. I don't have the words to describe.
Speaker 4: It right now.
Speaker 6: So you have a different relationship to it than you know than the rest of us because you've read it, so you probably I don't know if you watch the show or anything, so your relationship is different.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 6: So it makes sense to me. I'm I'm not even mad at it. It makes sense to me. I love to hear that and try to, you know, kind of discern like what are the things that cause this sort of this connection even if you don't know what it is, eventually you may figure it out.
Speaker 1: But no, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, he close out with with episode eight uh, where we basically we fight for the island man like Loofy fights the Tyrant and uh Chopper and you know, well, I won't go exactly when we go to the end, Chopper ends up becoming a part of the crew.
Speaker 3: How did this season finale work for y'all?
Speaker 4: Coming off an episode that took so much emotional we had everything working. How did the episode Chopper? And it was what's his name with the he only uses his feet or whatever, san Gie. You know, they had they had their fight off, you had you know, I think uh uh mechanical place, dude, walk ball wopple. I think his I think his payoff was good with his double fruit powers. So yeah, that that was good, Like you know, like I said, Man, just monkey day.
Speaker 5: Lupy's like wheel power and determination to to win man.
Speaker 4: Was just amazing.
Speaker 5: And then then and then his scene with the flag and what the bones represent and how he was willing to protect that or whatever and and for and for Chomper to see that, because that means that meant a lot to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When he was like, don't touch that, don't touch that flag.
Speaker 5: So that that that brings it full circle, like, look, I respect this flag, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I touched it because I respect it. And then for him to see just how much he he he respects it by getting him putting himself in the way of it from being damaged. Man, that ship was. That ship was strong. That ship, that ship was like damn man, Like, this is motherfucker real nigga true to this nigga he said, I'm not man, this nigga is true to this pirate ship. Bro, Like like for real, man, He's like that this ship.
Speaker 5: Means a lot to me, you know what I'm saying. So he die for this ship. But like it's just so crazy, bro, It's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Like I said, like witness that you know, I should have that that nice something else in him, you know what I mean? You know? But but no, man, Yeah, all of this, all of this was good to see them team back up. And then yeah, man, they closed it out just far. For me, I did want to see more of mister Zero, but I understand you gotta be patient with that part. But but yeah, it did.
Speaker 5: It did just make me want to, you know, see more of these characters and and on Sunday, the Sunday check.
Speaker 4: I want to see what she does. So yeah, man, this this was good man.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, how he ate the the village people there, the soldiers there, and they came.
Speaker 4: Out like mutated or whatever.
Speaker 5: That ship was crazy, Like, yeah, this ship was really good.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Insurmountable odds overcoming them, I think, you know, because they the soldiers were tough. They couldn't beat the soldiers. They wouldn't die every time they think they would kill him, you know, even though even zero or he couldn't do it. None of them would win.
Speaker 1: Dalton.
Speaker 6: Dalton was all jacked up. He had arrows in him.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was out there fighting, so they were really not winning this fight. It was pretty ugly. His foot got stuck on the ground. That's the thing I found. One of the things I do like about uh anime is is how creative, weird, odd, whatever word you want to use.
Speaker 1: They are with their powers.
Speaker 6: As a person growing up reading comic books, I've seen a lot of different powers and costumes and stuff in my day. I don't think I've ever seen any of the ship that that that they do in anime. Bro like the ship that they have in my hero academia is crazy and then in this show just how creative they are. It's insane. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it really makes me think like they're like here in America with think so limiting.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but yeah, I thought all of this was was good. It was a good fight. But Monkey Delufe it's so freaking unseerious. Bro, Like wappoo shows up.
Speaker 6: He got he's ready to go to war and this motherfucker over here stretching and Ship.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are you doing? And he said, Oh, I'm just wondering because I know we're gonna have to fight, so I'm like, bro, what the hell is?
Speaker 6: This is the even to the Blackpool got so annoyed, like why would you take this series?
Speaker 1: He was so mad?
Speaker 6: Yep, yeah, and Ship think about all the way to the first episode where his neck about to get chopped off and he's sitting there fucking smiling. The only time you see Monkey de Loufe pissed off is when they sunk with his hat. Whenever they messed with his hat, bro, he turned into a different dude.
Speaker 2: Brof the hat he got. Yeah, Bro, respect the hat man, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but now all this was Yeah, just like Rod, it was.
Speaker 1: It was very satisfactory. Man.
Speaker 6: I think they did it well, even the wine down to how the end of the episode we're asking Chopper to go, Chopper saying now where I'm at, to him agreeing to go, to getting cussed out in a very similar fashion like his first mentor did to her, showing that she knew it by having the little packet ready for him and stuff like that, so he got a chance to show that, you know, she really didn't mean it even though he knew it, because she was an asshole the whole time, which I liked her. I liked that she just really didn't give a fuck. Yeah until him going and just being part of the crew, and I didn't get the whole mister Zero thing. I didn't know if that was supposed to be this big reveal at the end, and Miss Sunday I think just kind of been lurking in the background. We saw her kind of talking to the Princess a couple of times, so we'll see what happens with that in season three.
Speaker 1: But overall, man.
Speaker 6: By the time I got to episode eight, I was like, I'm in it.
Speaker 1: I'm in it, and I think it. It did well.
Speaker 6: I liked the tone show too. It was just enough. It was just enough to where it was. It was enough to be serious but still goofy.
Speaker 1: But I'm with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm happy y'all to do it. I mean, y'all didn't mention this.
Speaker 2: I think the one part I did really that they gave me the feel similar to when I watched the anime was the fireworks at the end with the cherry blossoms, like they put it in there and as a celebration when Chopper's leaving and he's looking back at it, like, yeah, that that hit. It felt the same way the first time I saw it in the animate like that that was the one feeling. And again, man, one piece, just like how y'all, how y'all are feeling is how I am now watching the show too. It's just like it just keeps like putting the antil like just lifting it up, and you be like, you can't make me feel nothing else better than what you just made me feel, Like, you can't make me feeling. So I am excited for y'all to see in season three too, because with mister Zero and a whole bunch of other things with miss All Sunday all that a lot.
Speaker 3: Of things start to start. You start to see things.
Speaker 2: Formulate, like yeah, and I'm listen, I'm telling y'all this, and I'm only twenty percent done with the animes that have been released, Like I'm not even as deep as other people are into one piece. So I enjoyed hearing y'all talk about this and the excitement.
Speaker 3: It make me excited. So made me see the three.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna feel a whole lot better watching it, you know what I'm saying. I'm sorry for y'all listening because I had different questions that I did want to ask, but I also realized that going through the show, it's a show compared to a movie, so it takes. It's not as easy to bounce around with questions the way I wanted to.
Speaker 3: But we kind of hit everything that I kind of wanted to touch on.
Speaker 4: Man, over excited.
Speaker 3: How excited are y'all for season three?
Speaker 6: I did see that that they said that there was gonna be another tonal shit for season three, so I'm like, dangn, what else are they gonna do?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 6: So uh so, yeah, I mean I'm excited, I think too, and I'll go see what the reactions have been to this one. But but I think it's already renewed, so I'm excited to see where they go from it. It's it's something that I didn't think that I would enjoy, but you know, I settled into it and I accepted it for what it was, and I'm just kind of.
Speaker 1: Going along for the ride.
Speaker 6: And not that I've been watching more and I mean becoming more and more familiar with the world, the culture and everything like that, Like I'm starting to kind of get it understanding a little bit more and even to the point now after watching this, like the only the only deterrence to reading or watching is a thousand episodes.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm interested.
Speaker 6: I'm interested in watching the series now because you're saying that, man, there's stuff that I mean, they're condensing it down to this. I can only imagine what I have not seen, you know, and I'm kind of curious to now, like how the hell are you gonna wrap this up?
Speaker 4: And the show when I think about just I don't know whether they are out there and then and it's actually still going I'm like, well, damn, Like I don't want to get that damn if'ested Like you know what I'm saying, Like, it's just like, you know, like because I don't want to I don't want to not like.
Speaker 5: The show, you know what I'm saying, Like like I don't want y'all to stick around for too long.
Speaker 4: And then now I don't even like the show. But like I said, man, I mean, Harry Potter was a was a huge success and you're talking about but see the difference.
Speaker 5: With that though, because it was movies, it wouldn't even like show. So we only had like with eight movies. So it's just like it's a lot of room for ever, you leave a lot room for error, which when you keep going with these and so that's that's the only thing I'm afraid of.
Speaker 4: How long can they keep this up? So I do think about that, But right now, I like the ride right now, man, And they seem to be doing a good job with the introduction of the new characters and new new circumstances and stuff. So I think they could probably they could probably.
Speaker 5: Hold like like you said, can because they write so well and they're so good at storytelling, they might.
Speaker 4: Be able to keep it up. They might be able to keep it up, So we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 5: But you know, live actually can be a lot different from from from animation and stuff, you know, so.
Speaker 4: Mm hm m hmm.
Speaker 2: But I think they're doing that job because like for me, I'm I'm an anime fan, like like I'm even me watching yeah is more so it's like how we talked about with mic and Star Wars. They got you, like they ain't worrying about you.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get the person.
Speaker 2: Who who doesn't isn't going to like it in this medium, and y'all are enjoying it in this medium. And I guess a similar to a similar circumstance would be Game of Thrones was great when they had something just to adapt from, and these writers here have something to adapt from, so they should be fine. When Game of Thrones started to go off the rails is when they started running out of material, And so with them, they aren't because it's in its final final SAIDA. Now, so by the time they get close to that, it'll probably be five five years done of ten years. There could be ten years at this point. The way they're rolling this out, they're banking on this to be their next Stranger Things honestly, they need something to be that next thing, and one piece may end up being that if people keep if people talk about season two a little bit more, it has potential to be that. Because y'all aren't going to invest in going to watch the anime. Y'all are fine with having eight episodes of this world and it's good enough to be fans of it. If you see a shirt with one piece on it from the from thet, you cop that shirt like, you'll buy, Like that's what they're banking on, and so I think they're executing it me my opinion, no matter that much. It's just I'm just giving y'all more context of different things, so if something else happens out, y'all can be like, yo, just disconnect to that. And if you really want to know, I can tell you let me actually next to that, but you just enjoyed and that.
Speaker 1: Which I like that.
Speaker 4: And where are they in the anime? If you had to guess, we'll not guess. But how where are they enforced episodes in the anime?
Speaker 3: I think they're right.
Speaker 4: They've been able to tell right up in there, one hundred episodes fifteen interesting, interesting, interesting, So they able to do that successfully. Yeah, they might be able to do this King, so they able to tell one hundred episodes sixteen. Yeah, they might be on the song.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah they might. They might have it so they don't. Don't doubt him too much.
Speaker 2: So but I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Y'all enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Man again, I'm still gonna check out, like they talking to a kid and Rod makes me appreciate it a little bit more, you know what I'm saying, just just to see the excitement, especially Rod, because Rod, don't you cared about no damn anime?
Speaker 3: Like every time you.
Speaker 4: See he'd be the music, I'm like, what the they don't even match the scene, Like what is happening right now? That music don't even match what's going on. It'd be that, and it just be some of the just like creepy ship, it just be because it's ain't creepy this. I don't think this is like the ship that she watches, which which is why she's not really a big fan of this thing. She's not a big fan of this how she is and some of the other yeah, like like because this it is not this, like like it's just not this and so this is this is more kitty than the stuff that or whatever.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. That's this is considered like there was a big the Big Three like shown in and it was like well one piece basically Naruto, Dragon ball Z, one Piece Bleach like all them are more of this type of feel. Nowadays we got more like that guys in the.
Speaker 4: Look at her like who are you? Like? Like like what the like? She be in it? Bro, like she be in it? I just I can't m m.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey man, now that you say that, though, I am gonna find a quick that they are quick animates that's not that long. It's like twenty episodes of a full story that you probably get with and you just be like, this is my ship. I can fuck suggested shrinking from Apple TV.
Speaker 1: That's my ship.
Speaker 2: I can fuck with that world. I can fun with that world.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That bro.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a lot. It's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, we appreciate y'all.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be back. Can't I hear you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I just need to know I can get through it. That's all I need.
Speaker 2: Where Well, man, Well, this is another episode of French per Second. Be sure to follow us at FPS podcast on Twitter and Instagram, enjoying the reddit thread at FPF reddit dot com, Forward slash FPS podcast and become a patron yeah man. Other than that, we see all on the next one.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 1: Peace,