Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, where we are reviewing the new movie Theater film. This is not as a picture.
Speaker 3: It's a picture.
Speaker 2: It's a picture show. It's not a Patreon review. This is one that we are seeing. It's fresh off of the Hollywood streets.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So the invite follows Joe and Angela and I'm going to get into their whole thing and how this went down. But first I want to tell you who's with me here. I got Mike c Town, I got Rod, and I got Kenneth by Inch. Before we get into it, guys, can I start with you? What did you think about the invite?
Speaker 1: I actually loved it?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I did it was it was. It was a nice mess that was going on here. And uh and Seth Rogan was I thought it was. I thought it was good. I thought it was really good in this ship bro. Yeah all right, okay, Ron, would you think, yeah, this is my type of movie? You was?
Speaker 4: I think you said I would like it, but I already had plans on seeing it, and so I'm just glad we end up reviewing it because I was gonna go see it anyway or whatever.
Speaker 1: No, man, this this was good. This.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed this. It's a good, good time.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't going to see it at all. So this is why I like when we get a chance to do shows that's kind of outside, you know, of our normal stuff that we watch, like to find stuff like this, because yeah, yeah, I would have seen people saying it was good, but I don't think I would have been a hurry to watch it. So yeah, so I'm glad we ended up doing this.
Speaker 2: One Mike like, can we make the room? And you animus decision was saying that they like no, no, no, damn really no, damn.
Speaker 5: No likee see, the only thing good about this entire film was the fact that I can look at Penelope Cruise.
Speaker 3: For two hours the rest of this.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: That's not enough.
Speaker 5: It's not enough for an hour forty five movie. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it was just like, this is boring.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't like Seth Rogan. He's annoying.
Speaker 1: You don't like Seth Rogan?
Speaker 4: Fine, what's.
Speaker 3: Y Jackie? Yeah she did do a good job.
Speaker 5: But I will say the best thing about this besides Penelope Cruise fine as is the fact that she got to redeem herself of Olivia Wilde after doing fucking.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I ken't want to say, gone, girl, what's the really what is it? Goodbye, Darling, come back daughter. She made that movie. I know what you're talking about. You know, yeah, I can't think of the name of it. Had Harry Styles and Florence Pugh in it. Oh God, directed to That's That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing that kind of she at least was able to redeem herself after making such a terrible film.
Speaker 3: This was at least way better.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, Darling.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: What the premise of this movie goes as follows. We had Joe and Angela played by Seth Rogan and Libery A. While they're a married couple, the relationship is just deteriorated over the years. Ken, we can kind of get that going into it. Uh, constant noise from the neighbors upstairs at talk and pinya.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This starts an awkward conversation which leads to a dinner invite, which transforms into a whole emotional night of revelations. As we're getting into this, you see the characters of Joe and Angela Rod. Did you like how they set this up? How do you could tell they weren't perfect? It wasn't a disaster per se, but you could tell it was just like a whole lot of little shit going on that made them like irritate each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I like how I even like how knowe from the title sequence or whatever. Like, I really liked the way they did that with the blocking of everything.
Speaker 1: I just like that.
Speaker 4: I do pay attention to title sequences or whatever, So I like that first and foremost. I even like the setup of him being at the at the band, the band as the band director, and him just being this kind of monotonous or whatever. That's part of it, you know what I'm saying. That circles background later. But nah, I do I do like the setup because the trailer didn't really give much.
Speaker 1: When we saw the trailer, you know what I'm saying, it was very.
Speaker 4: Ambiguous, And but nah, I do like the setup of like him being on the floor, falling out on the floor and running little ass bike and all that, and just her being frantic.
Speaker 1: I thought the setup was done really well, I agree, right, I think now that you mentioned that about the opening scene, because all I heard was that it's just the four of them in the movie. So when I saw he was talking with Sabam people, I was like, no, it's other people in here. But then after that it was just you know. But but nah, I didn't think about how like miserable he was at his job too, so it's not just with her. I do like I felt this pain. I'm riding this fucking bike all the way to the house. I get on the floor, I'm on the ground and yeah, yeah, and then and then you're gonna sit here and tell me that we haven't guessed over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of.
Speaker 1: That ship was great and real because I don't even like these people, you know, I don't like them, and you're inviting these people over. So yeah, I'm I'm irritated off real time.
Speaker 2: I'm her and I just want to I just want you said you told me about it, like I told you, No, you didn't tell me about it, and she didn't.
Speaker 3: We come to find out later.
Speaker 1: I thought, because that happened to me. Yeah, I've been telling you for weeks. It's on the calendar. You can put stuff on the calendar all you want. How many constant reminders that's And I was feeling like you should really know what type of person is. But there's a lot of bickering going on, and I'm like, yo, this this off rip was set up nice. Like they are in a really awkward.
Speaker 3: Bad space right now. None of this worked for you, Bike, I don't like I don't like him. Mike.
Speaker 1: He was good.
Speaker 3: He was, man, I'm sorry he was.
Speaker 2: I think he played the role of every frustrated man that's spend in a relationship before, not you hate your significant other, anything like that, just like just frustrated.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: He did a good job with that ship.
Speaker 5: I think my issue with this was the situation was so absurd that I couldn't take it seriously. Inviting the people for but yeah, inviting the people from upstairs, for the reason that she reveals that she invited them from upstairs, the way that you know, the way that they were acting when they came downstairs. But all of this was just so absurd that I couldn't get into the movie. I was like, this is just stupid, This is fucking stupid. Why why are we doing this? For an hour and forty five minutes. Why give me a better reason? Why you invite these motherfuckers downstairs? And why are you like, oh I told you, but I really didn't. Oh you're supposed to get wine, but you didn't. Oh but we're gonna drink the wine before they get This is just I didn't reason all.
Speaker 1: That shit works. He had a reason like the tension of not having the wine, the food you made food.
Speaker 3: I can't fucking eat all this. That was obvious.
Speaker 5: I knew the second she put that down that oh here, somebody can't eat it, somebody doesn't want it, and this is just gonna be a thing because they already didn't have the wine.
Speaker 3: And then she's like, oh, well go get the expensive one.
Speaker 5: It was just like, man, this feels like a fucking three company episode.
Speaker 2: This This one was a good one. But a good one though. No.
Speaker 3: I guess like.
Speaker 1: Even before they got there, he doing what we do. We're gonna we're gonna eat from the put my money and this gave me some cheesey you want to They're gonna be all right, and they don't even don't know.
Speaker 3: I got a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: It was real. Yeah, that shi it was real.
Speaker 2: Did y'all think when he walked out and came back in when they reset, that it was gonna go differently.
Speaker 4: No, it went pretty much how I thought it was good because he was just an asshole.
Speaker 3: I felt. I felt like I would bright couldn't help himself.
Speaker 1: Said, all right, you're gonna make me go out of my own fucking house and come back in. He's gonna change anything. I'm not gonna be different. Stopped reading all that ship or watching that ship on fucking YouTube about marriage.
Speaker 3: He asked her, He said, did you see this on the podcast podcast?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 4: That's real too, because women be doing that sometime. I mean probably everybody, but women in particular. I have that experience of just like you, seeing something online and trying to apply that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is this? What is this? What is this?
Speaker 3: Some stuff be cool, but like most of that, some of it can work, some of it can.
Speaker 1: Work, but like most walking outside of coming back here wrong, I would never do that. I would never do that me.
Speaker 3: That's that's all to my intelligence.
Speaker 1: Never do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's do a reset, let's walk out, come back in.
Speaker 3: Let's not I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: You go do it, and I'm gonna still be mad when you come back, and I'm gonna be even mad.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 2: I think I'm dating a dummy, right, all right? So they go in and they do the reset. By this time, the neighbors from upstairs have made it. They hear him arguing at the door. They knock, they come in. What y'all think about this? What like is this a good time? And then clearly we heard y'all argument outside and they try to know the.
Speaker 1: Whole time they were arguing, Spike, I was stressing, like to come down any moment now. Yes, I'm like, they're gonna hear this. They're gonna know that you don't like him. They're gonna know it's inconvenience all the time. And then it happened. But this when they did the title card and then they came back to it, right, Yeah, I did think that was dope. But but what I love, like they set everything up with the tension between them and they get there and they walk in. They're supposed to be this perfect couple, but I love the tension, like off rip that that it's awkward for them. He comes in, He's like this big, perfect guy and stuff like that, but he he can look at him and tell that, yeah he that that Seth Rogan's character.
Speaker 3: Don't fuck with him talk.
Speaker 1: And I love that. He was an asshole. He didn't want any of the ship. So all right, fine, bet you want to do this dinner. I told you I want to do this dinner. We're gonna do this dinner. And he was an ass whole off rip because he's.
Speaker 3: Like, this should been inviting us, we inviting you.
Speaker 6: The noise it was making all the noise and yeah, my goodness, Yeah, I like the set up. I think Penelope Cruise was really good and it's amazing she did.
Speaker 3: She did great, like you think that. She's just a fantastic job.
Speaker 2: Just got them speaking Spanish and everything, bro, And I like how you can see, like you said, the turmo on their end as well, like you could see. But I really like how they did it and having them speak Spanish and we really couldn't tell, Bro. I didn't even pick what the beef was, like if they was beef for the not It just sounded contentious, but they were speaking Spanish, so were like, I don't know, it seemed perfect.
Speaker 3: But the way that they came out of the end I think was Oh ship that's that's good.
Speaker 1: I didn't even really pick that up. I thought they were just talking about them.
Speaker 2: Right, did too, But now that you say that, it came out that they had beef as well.
Speaker 1: Oh damn that. Okay, that didn't work for you at all, mirke.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm sorry. Play along man alive.
Speaker 2: So we have them doing the whole dinner that they're doing together, and they seem like they're just two completely separate, opposite couples. Excuse me, Hawk and Pinion. They couldn't be more different from the other couple. They seemed confident with each other, they seemed comfortable. They're silly and open with each other. Did y'all like how they were presenting other than the small stuff that we said about the Spanish, they're presenting Hawk and Pinions it's one couple and then presenting the other couple? Is this and like does that dynamic workout on screen?
Speaker 3: I think it definitely worked out on screen.
Speaker 4: I mean I knew something was going to happen, you know, where it's being kind of not a turn of the tables, but something was gonna going to happen to where something, you know, it was revealed and they not as perfect or whatever. But I did like the balance of showing of the two relationships because it's almost like they were studying. And she already revealed at this point too that she was a therapist. Well she was like a sex therapist and counselor or something like that. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, I just I thought there were good sports that just looking at how their the other couple's relationship was just like in shambles.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, this is this is interesting. Let me see what it goes.
Speaker 1: I agree, riding just trying to get through the night with it being as as less awkward as possible. You know, you are pretty much unwanted by Seth Rogan's character. I can't think of his name. Do you know his name?
Speaker 3: Michael?
Speaker 1: Michael? You know that he doesn't want you there, and and even what's that North's character, Hawk, So Michael n Hawk, Michael and Hawk, even even Hawk had to just basically come out and be like, you know what, man, I love that you're so fucking honest. Yeah, yeah, like I respect that. Yeah, that's dope. He's actually kind of laughing at him, but because he knew this guy really just fucking hate us. But you just seem to hate everybody, But I love how they were just like, you know what, we're here, were good guests and we're just gonna get through it. But and poor Olivia, like like the fact she made this food and she turned out to be vegan and stuff like that that was fucked up and all the other stuff though. Yeah, yeah, so even that part, that little small part was was dope because you know, it's also like a sign. You're inviting somebody to your place that you don't even know, and if you knew that they were vegan, then you would have made something differently. But you're trying to put on these airs in these fronts for these guests, you know, and maybe maybe since and we got the information later, you could have had a further conversation, Hey, what do you guys prefer? What do you guys like? But instead of you just trying to guess because you're trying to impress these people, Like did she bought a new shirt or something like this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she got some on one of the other shirts and then she had the switch shirts with the shirt hadn't been warm before it was in her closet.
Speaker 3: What did y'all think when they went on.
Speaker 2: The couples went on individual tours with each other's significant others. Did y'all think anything was gonna happen? They did a good job of building at tension here, especially when they were smoking in the room. It seems like they had a little sexual tension when I'm talking about Joe and Penya.
Speaker 3: But this was after they said they were swingers.
Speaker 2: Right now, this is right before. This is them sitting like the sexual at tension football. Yeah, oh that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: And then she the Olivia Wild was just showing the other guy like the tub.
Speaker 4: Because he was into like rugs and ship in the carpet. So they both had similar interests of the opposite sex.
Speaker 1: So I like that.
Speaker 4: I know he was full of ship.
Speaker 1: I think he was, Oh yeah, who, I don't think he was in with my I bet he's bullshing about them rugs.
Speaker 3: He was just new names and stuff. He's like, this is such and such whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: You can tell me the name of a rug right now. And I believe because she.
Speaker 2: Wasn't in the rugs that rug I thought he was.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna fight, y'all. If y'all I'll take your work.
Speaker 1: I think it's a real thing. I don't believe him, So.
Speaker 4: You think he was a lot of squab things like it sounded real.
Speaker 1: Yeah to somebody that don't know about rugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in the interior decorated, and that's why man firefighter. But that's why he went over the tool where her man regular correct. Yeah, because that's why he went on the tool with her. He wanted to see the rest of the space and see how it was this game.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a bullshit for both of them because I think I think they were both trying to get them into you know, the yes, So I thought that they both separated intentionally so they could get them into their little swinger ship.
Speaker 4: They were kind of eyeing each other like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it could.
Speaker 1: It could be. It could be a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: But because I think she obviously smoked, right because she the way she she literally hit it once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she said she didn't want to get to right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so she wouldn't. She probably didn't sincerely smoke either.
Speaker 1: Because she said I start laughing or something. She made us some excuse. Both been playing the game.
Speaker 5: I think they were because when when she when he first put the joint in her mouth, Remember she didn't even know how to smoke it because it wasn't lit.
Speaker 2: He had delighted, right, she kept pulling on it. Yeah, he was like, you need a liner.
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So yeah, they were just really plottin.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get them alone so they could talk together now from there.
Speaker 1: But I will say real quick though I didn't see Swinger being set up.
Speaker 3: I didn't either, but I was like, oh, is.
Speaker 1: This where we're going with this movie that because clearly she felt and they said it like they had had sets and you know, she has a desire need and he's pouring into her. And I thought Seth Rogan was just being Seth Rogan, and you know, I also and you know, and what was I thinking about them? It seemed like there were more sexual tensions between the two of them Hawk and Olivia Wilde's character than the other way around. But then when they kind of pivoted away from it being sexual, and then they did the same thing with Penelope Cruise and Seth Rogen, I thought that, oh, you're just playing games with the viewer. Yeah, so now you're playing games with me and trying to make me think that there's this thing going on in this point. And also when he's looking at the window, maybe this is what he's thinking in his head as he view it as well. So you know.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, they go to the point that I was gonna get to. We thought.
Speaker 2: I thought, at least at this point that the bickering between cheth Rogen character and Olivia Wiwe had died down. I thought that they were going to, like, you know, just kind of fade into the night and everybody would have fun.
Speaker 3: Where would this movie go from there?
Speaker 1: But it didn't.
Speaker 2: They got right back to the bickery, and then their vickering it comes out that my man be watching his wife man in the window.
Speaker 5: No way, I ain't no way, and she knew just.
Speaker 3: Just make it.
Speaker 2: They almost got it to where he had stopped bitching too.
Speaker 3: He was high. He was like almost he was almost good. And then they got to that point. What you think This made me so mad? I was like, what you mean? It only happened once? And you could tell by by Hawk's face it didn't.
Speaker 2: He was like this every day, happened once today, once yesterday.
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 5: When she gonna be there bro. This This part made me so mad. I was like, are you serious?
Speaker 3: How is this not some weird form of cheating? Why are y'all even together?
Speaker 1: The emotionally?
Speaker 5: I mean yes, emotionally, but it's damn near physical because I'm physically looking at you. Ass I'm not emotionally looking at you. And both both parties know about it. Yes, that's insane, and she admits it. Oh yeah, I knew he was looking. And I get out and I walk.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you can't put a fucking robo one.
Speaker 1: He liked it, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: It was so well done right, it was God.
Speaker 3: He was so calm. He was like, yeah, then I talked to my wife. You talk to your wife about my wife.
Speaker 1: Michael having it. Michael wasn't happening in this whole fucking movie. Mike he was. He was. He didn't put over any of this ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was the only one where he was like, wait, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I liked it and it was so calm, but it's just like Hawk game. Hawk ain't worth a damn He didn't have to say that ship, he didn't, but he just threw that grenade out there just let the motherfuckersplode and Michael went off.
Speaker 3: Bro, Oh my god, yeah, how was that part?
Speaker 1: Revealed that that happened?
Speaker 2: Hawk just kind of sassions after they went back to they they got back from each other being like off together as couples.
Speaker 1: I think where they drinking the tequila. Tequila.
Speaker 2: They were having tequila shots and he about the window. It all, the window had already came up earlier, and I'm saying they needed to close, and then she walked by and he was he said something about seeing her walk by, and dudes like, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: And then he went into what he meant.
Speaker 1: Right and and what what? What I loved about is that it changed the context of the window because the contest of the window was he's looking out there and he's getting jealous about what he thinks may happen to what we later found out that they were doing. To no, because remember he looked, he looked window.
Speaker 2: It's where going down, bro, That's why you don't care, That's why the window closed.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. We're done right there. I'm sorry, we're done, but.
Speaker 1: It's been done honestly, well, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we're officially done right now. I'm leaving. This is stupid.
Speaker 2: But one of the other underlying things throughout the the invite is they heard they hear them having out six upstairs and Joe wants to bring it up so bad and she she keep cutting the mall from doing.
Speaker 3: What do y'all think about that?
Speaker 1: That was dope? But did this happened after the boobs? The elevator the boobs.
Speaker 2: Saying this was before elevated because this happened then they revealed it their swingers and then elevating the boobs and while we even came down, here happened.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought the elevator the boobs was after.
Speaker 1: I thought it was the window.
Speaker 5: The window I thought too, because I thought that was That was Penelope Cruise saying like it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She said, it's no different from you staying at my boobs and go ahead and look at him, and he was just was like, it's just a second you want to rush.
Speaker 1: She's just like, it's not that out of reach.
Speaker 3: I was like, God, yeah.
Speaker 5: No, that was actually a funny part because he didn't know what she meant.
Speaker 3: He was like, I mean, yeah, I could just reach over and touch them.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she meant, Oh, you just said like it's not as all to reach as you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, physically viam as you could have if you want them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what did y'all think?
Speaker 1: He was on the defense? But go ahead.
Speaker 5: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: What y'all think about the revealed at Their Swingers the loud six upstairs with them not wanting to say something, that is saying something. Finally, did this go well? Did the reveal of being Swingers come out?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: What you'all think about all of it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a good element to add to the movie because you feel that air, and then when they actually said it's just like oh okay, where is this going? And then for them to be both kind of equally interested in.
Speaker 3: It, their whole attitude change.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like wait, wait, you're talking about me, all of us, like just one person, right, Oh that's why so much noise.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that makes sense now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because she was like you probably heard Melissa or something like that. It's like, wait, Melissa, that was crazy. Oh y'all having other people in here and there You're like, oh, yeah, you probably you're John, and like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: It's probably he said, it's probably up to ten people or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like yeah, she's a she's a grinder, a owner or a growler or something like that.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yo, they fucking freaky.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I said something about DP and all of them looked at her like she was like, oh yeah that was.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: It was like yeah DP. It was like, yeah, you can put that on the menu. Think I'm Michael.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said like she was all into a vesul was was Michael. But I was like, dang, is she gonna try to get up there to the thing, And how's Michael gonna feel. But for Michael is just well yeah he became interested too, but his whole attitude, Yeah, that which is what I liked about. I was like, Okay, now you like having them around, because they were calling him out, like yeah you came, you know when he came up to the door, Edwinor was such an ass. I know, I didn't.
Speaker 3: That part was actually pretty funny too. We have video what that's a lie?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Was really funny.
Speaker 1: After show it all he tripped, I was, yeah, that was good.
Speaker 4: But I was like, then, like just how comfortable a couple could make an other couple enter into something like that.
Speaker 2: And that's why I thought this was going and I thought this film was going to go to that, like they're being they'll split off and do that thing as couples and it'll fix this relationship that they have together and then you get happily ever after. But that's not what happened. They split off to their one on one things because.
Speaker 1: They didn't think that they were ready for.
Speaker 4: Like a full on It was like, how about we just do our things?
Speaker 7: So, yeah, we can do it tonight right now? She smelled on the arms. He's like, right now Olivia, why I did a great job.
Speaker 4: She's kind of frantic or whatever, like, yeah, she did a really really good job.
Speaker 2: What did y'all think when they broke off and they was supposed to be going to have sex?
Speaker 3: Is like not couples?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 4: When he said cheers with the condors, Bro, I'm like, this is really happening.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if I'm ever that comfortable even if I'm like that in that place in my marriage or whatever, like yo, how like, no, I don't care if it's Penelope Cruise, I don't care.
Speaker 3: All right, now you can turn this off now.
Speaker 5: Truth, Yo, my girl would think I was insane if I said no, yeah, but later, but.
Speaker 3: The but the But then you also have to allow her to I'm playing. No, I'm I'm fucking around.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could do it anyway, just I would want to for sure. But even if she said yes, the reality is you're not really saying yes.
Speaker 3: You're lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're lying.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why I was kind of surprised, because y'all are sexually deprived. Y'all could just have sex with each other, but.
Speaker 5: They don't want to have sex. They want to yeah, they're not really into each other anymore. Yeah, so I was like, maybe they just need a spark or something like that.
Speaker 1: But but I, you know, I'm glad, like because I was like, man, is this what the rest of the movie is going to be about? Because at this point now I'm not interested in the movie. I'm not crazy. Yeah no, because I'm like, yeah, I'm like, all right, well if this just what the movie is, and nah, I'm good on it. I'm glad it didn't go there. But but yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well I did think Mike was a fucking chump, Like, how did you blow this?
Speaker 5: Your wife is in the kitchen getting ate out right now and you fucking trip and hurt your back? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: He was taking his time anyway, he was like he didn't want to, Like he.
Speaker 5: Was so scared. Healthy crews, come in your room. I might get scared.
Speaker 1: Way what did he say? Thank you for something? He said something to her.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know what to do with that.
Speaker 1: I'm not even she was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah that other thing.
Speaker 5: She was cool and she's fine as ship. It was crazy and she's like, come on, bro, no take her close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd been like.
Speaker 2: It was so funny when he hurt his back and his wife was in the kitchen with the dude, like.
Speaker 3: He does it all the time. He'll be okay, it's fine. She was trying to find out what you were about.
Speaker 1: She was she was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she talked about it for she was really like because she was really trying to experience that.
Speaker 3: She was like that head was already down there. You always fuck stuff up. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I like that that lid too, So we get there that lid to that they had just a blow up at this point. Now they all out like this is what I don't like about you.
Speaker 3: This is why. This is why. I like the fact that they had it out.
Speaker 2: And I like Penelope cruises carry also being like showing her expertise and what she did with her patients as well.
Speaker 3: Did this worked for y'allah.
Speaker 4: Because outside of that too, like they were showing that their their issues exactly.
Speaker 3: Because he was just like, yo, what is your real name or whatever? It ain't Hawk Harold or something.
Speaker 1: Howard Howard Howard, you know what.
Speaker 4: The way he attagonized him after he found out his real name, that was funny.
Speaker 1: I laughed so hard, right, It's like he just look his name is Howard, it's not Hawk. So now we see why man he loud And.
Speaker 2: To Norton's point, he was looking at him like this deep ship like he was just like he was dead ass serious too.
Speaker 3: How he was looking at him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that ship was so funny. Oh my, I think that's that's broke. That's because because he came real like answer it was since I had that little awkward quiet like it was quiet.
Speaker 3: And everybody was like, you have to do that, Oh come on. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did think it was interesting that they showed Hawk and Binalthony Cruz character having a tiff because she said, uh, don't be unrespect I don't be unrespect respectful and I was like the fuck and then it clut to his face and I was like, oh, I don't say nothing. She means disrespectful. I was like, oh, that's the last thing.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 5: Spanish women like they do not want you to correct their English like that, not like that, like she's already mad correct her english. Later let her know on the ride up on the elevator, A you said unrespectful, it's actually disrespectful, but I didn't want to embarrass you in front of you know.
Speaker 3: But hawk didn't give a fuck. She went clean off because.
Speaker 4: What she said, how many times have I you said something or did something and I ain't say nothing about that and say nothing that's that's that's true with women.
Speaker 1: And he turned into like part. He was like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Yeah, she won't even still she wasn't trying to like you do it all you said that last time? Ship shut up?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: Okay, baby, she said, she said, don't be rude, touch your boots.
Speaker 3: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, then we get that and then from there to have the argument and they can't go through with the sexual activity.
Speaker 3: They have it out.
Speaker 2: Because it's back fucked up, that lay down right, like she can handle it this out.
Speaker 3: Give me some profen, some advils, give me some crack. He cracked it, he did. He cracked his back.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was It was cool in a way they ended it or around it out in the sense of they had just had one of them fights where they didn't really have anything left to say and you were waiting. I feel like kind of as a viewer to how what's the resolution going to be to this?
Speaker 3: But it really wasn't one.
Speaker 2: It was just like you have no argument with your girl and then you have don't have a resolution to it.
Speaker 3: So I really like how they ended it that way. What y'all think about the end and of it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was deeper than that though, honestly, and I thought Penelope just basically telling them to yo, this marriage is over.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, damn, Like, but I'm not your therapist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was like, Damn, You're gonna drop this bomb on them like that and then say that and and and just it was a sad moment because it's just like they wrote, seemed like they came to the realization like they know it was just right, it is over, and the reasons why. And then then you go through like, oh, I used to like when you did when you used to do this, and and you can tell that he wanted to say sorry, you know what I'm saying. He wanted to apologize, but it never would just come out every And I think I thought he did a really good job at that showing that he wanted to say it but he just couldn't.
Speaker 1: And too, and then you get to the end.
Speaker 4: It was this way of apologizing by playing a piano again, like like, okay, this is what she said she missed, this is what she says she likes, and he starts.
Speaker 1: Doing it or whatever.
Speaker 4: And that's why I thought it was deeper than just the oh, yeah, this ain't working.
Speaker 1: I feel like it is gonna work out there.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I took it.
Speaker 3: See, I took that hesitation.
Speaker 2: I took the hesitation as he didn't want to like lie to himself for her, like he he still feels for her, he still has those feelings of the wanting to do the things she likes. But also I took him not coming out and saying sorry, it's like, but I don't want to do this and get back to this place again because I don't don't think that it's here anymore. We do have those fond memories of each other, but it's always gonna end up here where we are.
Speaker 3: And see, I took it deeper than words and more about action.
Speaker 4: So it's almost like he got to immediate action of something that she said what I miss about you and why I even because she was just like, you don't even realize that. I ran back to the I was on a date and I went back to see you perform, and so for him to take that.
Speaker 3: Action and like and we see the whole movie he's he does not.
Speaker 4: Want to play an instrument at all, and so for him to finally just get over that play the instrument because I feel like he's trying to save his marriage at that point, I feel like it was amazing ending.
Speaker 1: Like I really really enjoyed the ending of this. Yeah, like that'e go ahead, Ken, I'm with Rod. I'm really sad in processed because I didn't want an ending where now they realize that, oh, we do love each other, let's get back together. But I think they did a good job of kind of leaving it to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like we're just gonna start here and see where we go next. And the way they kind of walk through it is they've been at each other's throats. They're about to use this external thing to rekindle what was no longer internal, and that didn't work. You can't fix it in that way. You have to fix it in the house. And for you know, self was being an asshole this whole time, even when the guy was like when he found out about the name, and he was like he told what happened about his wife and stuff like that. He was like, oh, I'm sorry you changed your name because your wife win DPU or something like that, which was fucked. He just Spikey didn't let it go. He's just got to be anhole. But yeah every time, yeah, like how she called him out, But all of that is driven by he's just fucking miserable and he doesn't want anybody else to not be in a place of happiness, and he's dragging her down with him, and it's all around him failing and viewing himself as a failure, and all of that came out and even revealing that and revealing what he feels internally, you know, inside it.
Speaker 3: He was like, why can't I just be a failure? Just let me be that?
Speaker 1: And and I don't think she really had an answer, but she was like, I just want to get back to our happy place, and you're not letting us get back to this happy place because you're not in a happy place because you won't play music. And then you end with him doing the one thing that he refused to do, so he's trying to use that as a way to get back to happy play because didn't they open rod with them playing the music and you hear them laughing and get and having a good time. And then it flips to him like with this very somber look on his face when it opened. So I love the ending and then just the realism. It's like, look, y'all said together because of this kid. But do you think your kid wants to see this? And do you think your kid is not aware of what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: She said, So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Do you want your kids to be with you, guys when you're both happy, even if that's a part or miserable together, And then that's she You're like, but I'm not your therapist. And then but she basically this marriage is over, but I'm not your therapist. And then you know, having that like sort of marriage counsel in conversation or session. That's when he went back to doing the thing to try to find this joy. And she's heard it because even when he was like, yeah, I guess I should sleep on the couch, I'm like, bro yo, Like one of the things is y'all are not having sex and she was just about to have sex with this other guy, and I'm well, never mind, but anyway. I think that because I'm like, well, you know, you want to sleep on the couch. Like one of the things that she wants is like to feel physically attractive. And even Penelope said that we wanted and yeah, and sets and now you can probably just do that. But either way I go, I'm with you, Rod. I liked the ending because it was like the beginning of something that could be put back together. And instead of staying in the room separate and apart, she went in there with them, sat down and put her head on the shoulder and played and yeah, I forgot about that. Yep.
Speaker 4: It was a great end. It was an amazing ending. And you just reminded me of some Penelope uh like kind of reinforced her being wanting to feel sexual by looking in the window.
Speaker 3: She's like, good for her, good for you or whatever.
Speaker 4: So yeah, she she had that mind, like to change the perspective on it or whatever.
Speaker 1: She made it sound pretty decent. Yeah, Like, damn, she almost tricked me too, Like.
Speaker 3: So many they did some good stuff in this in this film.
Speaker 1: Man, I really I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: So you didn't take the end like that, you didn't either, like what like them working their way back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I didn't like it. It felt way.
Speaker 5: Too fucking Happily ever After This was it was like they they did not It wasn't subtle.
Speaker 1: You think it's a fool Happily ever After or the start.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's I don't think it's anywhere near as ambiguous as y'all think it is. I think him going in there and playing music when they've harped on the music the whole movie. You know, he's miserable at his job teaching kid music. He wouldn't let Hawk play his little band all this ship, and then he at the end, he's just like, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm gonna fix my marriage.
Speaker 5: He goes near and starts playing the music, and then she goes near and snuggles on his shoulder.
Speaker 3: It's like, what, really, really, this is corny? No, I don't think it's corny.
Speaker 5: And I mean, I'm I'm again, I'm not trying to change all's mind.
Speaker 1: Happy y'all liked it.
Speaker 5: I'm just surprised by how amazing y'all thought the ending was, because it seemed very very basic, like the music was what she was really is she really wanted him to play music. Of course, by the end of the film, this motherfucker is gonna go in the room and play music.
Speaker 3: Because they both just admitted that it was over. But it's not over.
Speaker 1: And I think where I slit with you at is that I don't disagree with it being viewed as basic. I disagree with it being repaired, and I think that I don't know if, yeah, it's still less. He stops playing that piano and they get out that this shit is fixed.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe not, but I think them leaving on this note of I'm playing music and she's snuggling on my shoulder and playing music with me.
Speaker 3: They're making music together. This is a happy and it's.
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, that's probably on person. Oh no, I didn't think about that. I'm a poet.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: But no, it's definitely not a bad movie. And this wasn't a bad ending. This just felt super basic to me. It was just like, of course, y'all fight this whole movie. Penelope Cruise is saying your marriage is over. They leave, y'all look at each other. Okay, I'm gonna go play music and then we're gonna try to fix this. Why why are y'all trying to fix it. Y'all didn't show for this whole movie that y'all even like each other at this point. So what are we supposed to take by the end of this film? Like, what reason would I have to cheer this couple on? I don't have one. Like when I watched the drama Zindeia and Robert Pattinson gave me things to make me be like, shit, I really want this to work out. I want you to stop being a dick Robert Pattinson and let Zindia's shit go. And this it was like, y'all just bickered the whole movie. I didn't see love or care or even like but for fucking two hours.
Speaker 2: I think that's what this movie did well though, because we had gotten to that point past what's the Zendale movie and Robert Packinson, Yeah, we had gotten past that point. Whether they were in the drama, it was still we saw them like has shout a brand new relationship where they were learning to love each other and doing all of these things. Here we just got the very end with the exception of her saying that you know he wrote this song about me and it being over the music so I thought that's why the ending was good.
Speaker 3: I did like it.
Speaker 2: I didn't take the same exact things like Ken and Rod did from it, but I did like it because I thought what the ending said was, Yeah, all of this bullshit that we go through, or even how we look at each other as now, there was still just a glimmer of hope. Maybe it's from that song. Maybe it's from that time that we described in that night that we met each other and she ran back to him. Whatever it may be, they thought about that in that moment. This is why I don't watch rom coms.
Speaker 5: This is exactly why, because they always do the same shit now, the same thing to be said about horror, and I would never argue with you. I would never argue with you. I think most horror movies are fucking terrible, but I just like them. But rom comms, this is exactly why I can't sit through it, because it's like, all right, y'all are gonna fix us.
Speaker 1: And that's that's why I don't think it's fixed, because I don't think playing a piano one night after all this shit can fix years of what happened with them.
Speaker 3: That's for white people.
Speaker 2: But see, I don't think the movie was about fixing it either, though. The movie was to remind them that that was there. Exactly what about fixing it? It was about, like you remember, it's.
Speaker 3: All this way to being fixed.
Speaker 5: I don't think that they they they I can't remember exactly what she said, but she made it pretty clear that he never even wants to touch her at all. So all of this animosity throughout this film, but the film ends with her snuggled up on his shoulder. That's clearly the first step to them trying to fix.
Speaker 1: Until they wake up in the morning, you're probably gonna have That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He gonna fuck her because he didn't get to fuck Penelope Cruise, and she didn't get to finish getting her fucking her rocks off because Edward Norton had to go fucking check on his dumb ass. They're gonna funk and then they're gonna start trying to fix it. It's just it's not interesting to me.
Speaker 1: This man gonna go to his job and he gonna be reminded all over again that this ship is fucking terrible. Not if you just got some good pussy, he is still gonna come home. And she yeah, well he's gonna be able to be fucking every night.
Speaker 3: Then maybe he will.
Speaker 5: He gonna be in there in that that office the next day, like fucking Mozart, He's gonna be in the front of the.
Speaker 3: Fucking roof.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, I don't know. I think they have a lot to work through. Yeah, yeah, but it.
Speaker 3: Just seemed like attitude.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 5: It didn't seem like there was anything serious. Like he was miserable. I get it, but and she was only it seemed like she was only miserable because he was agreed, you know what I'm saying. So it seems like if he fixes his ship, they would maybe be able to be okay. So this was like, to me, this is like the first step of he admits that it's on him. He needs to fix it because he's the one that caved. You don't want me, you know, you want me to play music.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go here and play piano and then hear you come, hey baby playing a piano.
Speaker 3: I love that song.
Speaker 1: I love you. But it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's fine. It's definitely not a bad movie. It's just not my kind of movie. Got well. That was our review. For the invite.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you guys stopping through and joining us at the frame, first second podcast.
Speaker 3: We are out piece, he said.
Speaker 1: He said with Penelope, it was like, thank you so much for this.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 1: Said, because he had been fedosiding about all the time. He's like, yo, this is really about