Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast. Yoh, what's good? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to another France per second review film review.
Speaker 1: Today we are doing The Bride.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. The Bride like a Frakistan story. But I'm your host Rod. Here next to me, you got Ken All crossing here, Spike lou was good man.
Speaker 3: Who a.
Speaker 4: Little inside joke there. I think Ken's gonna tap into that. On is the mic Staloon?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Next to him, got Mike ce tom or something. Yeah, man, today we hear the review The Bride. Man, it just came out. Uh.
Speaker 2: It's directed by Maggie Gillan Gillan Hall. What else has to be doing?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 1: This is her first this is the first one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's his sister. So this is her first directory. This is a directorial debut. I didn't know it was her debut. I thought I missed so yeah, I thought she did something else because I've heard her name out there. I didn't know it was her directorial debut. Yeah yeah, yeah, but it stars Jesse Buckley.
Speaker 1: Y'all remember her? Yeah? She was in Hamnon okay, all right, I don't know if y'all remember y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I recognized her I was like, yes, the Witch, the Witch from Hamnet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it also stars Christen Belle alongside Peter uh Star's guard and that Benning Jake gyllen Hall, he was also in it. And Penelope Cruise. I didn't know she was in it. I did not realize she was in it. I didn't see much uh stuff before this.
Speaker 1: Movie came out. You know, I don't be really watching trailers like that.
Speaker 2: But it draws inspiration from the nineteen thirty five film Broader Frankenstein, which was on Barry Shelley's eighteen eighteen novel Frankenstein. Before we get into this review, I just want to kind of go around the room and see what the temperature is, like, Ken, how are you feeling out?
Speaker 1: Is that a pun on the heat in here? No?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't a pun, but uh yeah, man, how'd you feel about the twenty twenty six Bunny and Clyde movie.
Speaker 1: This movie basically was.
Speaker 4: Almost as fragmented as Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: The Monster.
Speaker 4: There were moments where I liked it, and then there were moments where I was like, I don't know what's going on, and no other moments where I was like, oh shit, am in and no other moments are like, all right, they don't lost me again. It was it was somewhat all over the place thematically. I got it, but yeah I don't. I don't know if that was intentional by her or not, but yeah, it was. It was good and bad.
Speaker 1: M Okay, I expeke how you felt about it?
Speaker 3: Man, that's an interesting explanation, because I thought I would be the only one it said that it was. I liked some of it, I hated some of it. Overall, I think that my biggest takeaway was the lady to play the bride her acting job. Yeah, she absolutely killed from like the moment that it started and then she carried it throughout the way. Christanville did a good job too in what he was doing. But the story was kind of to use kinds with it fragment. I was like, it was certain points where I was like, bro, what are they doing? But when they were talking to the doctor and stuff like that, I was that was interesting to me, like just what happened. But all in all it was Okay, I'm not mad that I seen it.
Speaker 4: All Right, you feel the same way, Mike, or how you feel about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I probably feel the same way. I mean, I think it was it was a bit boring. I got what she was going for, but it just felt like a It felt like TMU poor things to me. I think they could have done a lot more with the story that they were trying to convey here. I think the woman who I've already forgotten her name, the actor that everybody else is already Jesse Buckley, I think she absolutely carried the movie on her back. I don't think anybody else in the film came close to what she put down.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: The movie was a It was a bummer. I'm not even gonna fucking lie. It was a bummer. For the record, this is not her first I ain't think so the Lost Daughter.
Speaker 2: You didn't see that ship No, no, no, no, I said, I didn't think so. I know I've heard her. But she also did a mini series that's called Homemade. I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: But anyway it goes, this is a bummer.
Speaker 6: They could have made this a real special something, but it seemed like they just didn't have the story together.
Speaker 3: To Mike's point, I think like she embarrassedly out acted that she did. Like they should have been embarrassed, like she was hurt bad.
Speaker 6: This ship was crazy and y'all, I mean, we'll get there, I guess, But y'all can Christian Bale.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know what you don't like Christian I don't.
Speaker 6: Dislike Christian Bale. I think Christian Bale is a good actor. I don't think he did in this. He did this this, He do his role, no justice none man, he was batman but Frankenstein that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was. He wasn't imagination. He wasn't bad. Y'all like, oh yeah, man, Christian Ball thing what thing? Well, I hadn't said anything well of them said it.
Speaker 3: I mean next to her, it was no comparison, But I think he right. He got to be honest. She didn't like she she embarrassed like everybody.
Speaker 2: I kind of think that was the point though it was supposed to be about her. And like I said, I think I think Christian Bell was solid.
Speaker 1: I think he.
Speaker 2: Added a good component until she really started to come on screen.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like it could.
Speaker 2: Have been a decent movie with Christian Bell without her or whatever. Like, not not saying that it should have been, but I'm just saying the acting is good from Christian beal.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, that's not what I'm saying. Okay, that is what you're saying. That's not That's not what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to say is I was like, what the same way I feel like the dude from Euphoria did his Frankenstin. I think Kristen Bell could have did it, could have did similarly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel what you're saying. That's what that's all I'm saying. I feel what you're saying. I think that other dude would have done better job.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that. Yeah, I was. I was wishing he was in this world. He's good, don't get me wrong, because he did a really good job on that. Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: He did a great job on it. But okay, all right, Yeah, so me, I'm kind of with with y'all. With y'all with as far as I think that was a good way to put it, can fragment it like some points felt higher than others, and I think it's probably when she was on the screen doing her thing, like her monolagues and stuff like that. But but yeah, man, yeah she she she she did a great job. But the movie starts off with Mary Shelley speaking from the afterlife. Uh, she has a story to tell after Frankenstein, but could not due to do it due to her death. Did that confuse anybody? What was happening in the beginning? And did you know?
Speaker 1: Did y'all know about to ask? Put it back? You know?
Speaker 3: I realized how realized?
Speaker 1: But he was.
Speaker 3: He would like to know did I took it back? Did you understand what was going on?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I know, he didn't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He didn't know.
Speaker 1: What she said at the very beginning of Mary Shelley was.
Speaker 3: No, I knew it was she was possessing her body, you know.
Speaker 1: So do you do know?
Speaker 3: That's how I took it? Do you know Mary Shelley? Is that Mary Shelley wrote the book?
Speaker 1: Okay cool? At the beginning of Mary.
Speaker 4: That was, but I pulled it back and I realized it was sunked up. It wasn't too late, basically because she she's passed away. She's uh, she tells it. Uh, she possesses Ida, which is who you know.
Speaker 2: Jesse plays woman living in nineteen thirty six Chicago, and then she proceeds to discuss criminal criminal activities of my boss's lapino uh and his henchman Clyde and James discreetly kill her afterwards. How did y'all feel about this opening act or whatever? With Jesse's performance? Uh, and just the overall like what was happening here? Anybody could take that?
Speaker 6: I thought it was a good opener. I thought I was a real good open I was. I wasn't confused, but I was. When Mary Shelley was talking, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, this is cheesy. This is really cheesy.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I hope they're not going to do this out the whole film with her in the dark, you know, get ready, get ready.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no.
Speaker 6: But when they cut to Ida, I was instantly like, Okay, this is cool.
Speaker 1: But when she was getting possessed and she was going back and Mary, oh my god, I was like, is she doing this? Crazy?
Speaker 6: How I didn't get this in him? Knet This woman is amazing right now? But nah, she this whole this whole beginning scene, especially when we get into the stairwell.
Speaker 1: That ship was incredible.
Speaker 6: Although I'm still confused as to why the dude pushed her down the stairs and then acted like he was confused that she fell.
Speaker 1: He didn't. I don't think he intended to push No, no, even on accident. Why was he confused that she fell? You did this?
Speaker 3: He expected to like be broke up like that.
Speaker 6: He was like, oh ship, oh no, she felt she's right at the edge of the stairs.
Speaker 1: Bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't think he meant it, because because before he was just like, man, she just needs a doctor.
Speaker 1: So I don't think he intended to kill her. He might not intend to kill her, but he definitely intended to push her.
Speaker 3: As I know, maybe maybe it was just like a little shove like I can't believe, and it was like I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I just maybe that maybe that he didn't. It could be that that makes sense.
Speaker 4: It could be that like a like an impulse, because he did a little timid later on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, got back to him.
Speaker 2: He's not yeah, because again he didn't he didn't want to want dollar got to hurt her.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He's just like, look, just she's clearly something's wrong with her.
Speaker 1: She needs a doctor. Oh I thought he was. I thought he was like fuck this.
Speaker 3: I agree with Mike Man coming into this, really not know I'm not the Frankis Shine story, and I've never seen any of that. I mean, I know it, but coming into this really not knowing anything. Seeing the lady and the Mary Shelley talking and then the slow like chaos building and her going in and out of being herself and being possessed, all of that was like I was like, okay, like this might be good, like just from based off.
Speaker 4: Her performance, that's funny, because that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, because I because you know.
Speaker 4: When we were recording Paradise said he heard mits review, saw MIT's reviews, and I saw something similar. So when when we uh, when when I went, Because I went that night to watch the movie, it was like FortyFive. I was like, fuck, it's getting here for two hours with this boor and shit. But when the intro happened, I was like, damn, I don't know what they talking about. Maybe they're just being overly critical. They weren't, but I was definitely hyped for the beginning everything that was going on with her, And I'm with you, like, I think if I understand what you was saying. I initially thought this whole Mary Shelley. I thought the marriage I was like, they're really gonna do Mary Shelley possessing her and that's going to be the movie. What the hell kind of shit is this? What are we doing? Why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: You know, it's all kind of corny and lane, but still like the way she was telling it and then it went out and then she was possessed, back and forth.
Speaker 4: Nobody knew what the fuck was going on. All that shit was was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they opened it up really nicely with like I said, her performance, like she made the people in there and there. I did think it was interesting. The mob boss, he seemed to be the least affected by what was happening. He just like, man, somebody calm this crazy shit whatever. So yeah, so that was that was intriguing out because I knew that was gonna come back around later as to who he actually was or whatever.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, so.
Speaker 2: We move on to uh, the next thing. This is where another on the other side of town. This is where we're introduced to the monster of Frankenstein. Like all these years I thought Frankenstein was Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: Like he never read the book.
Speaker 2: No, I never read the book. I just saw the movies and stuff. Never actually read the book. So then we watched the other Frankenstein. I was like, oh, yeah, it's not Frankenstein. So I always forget that because you think Frankenstein. I think, yeah, you know, but uh, but he is known as frank so he's the monster of Frankenstein. And I and I like his demeanor. He came off like horny, he said, corny, horny, O horny. Think he was horny, he was lonely, he had no companionship man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I liked that though. So he basically.
Speaker 2: Goes and finds the the the doctor that does re animation, which is our Cornelia and and so yeah, he goes to kind of consult with her and let him know.
Speaker 1: That he's lonely.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I like, I personally liked this, uh this interaction between them, and this is where you know, I feel like Christian Bell did a good job at conveying monster and someone who's lonely. How did you guys, well, Mike, how did you feel about it? Because I know he was kind of critical of Christian beal.
Speaker 1: He wasn't he wasn't sad enough. He really nah.
Speaker 6: He he came off as way too smart, which is the smart part didn't really bother me. But it was just like he came off as extremely intelligent and he was just kind of bothered, like a lordy. I got that he was distraught, he was sad.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that from Christian Beale.
Speaker 6: And when he came in and he said, you know, I would like an which that maybe that's where Ken got the horny thing. Yeah, yeah, but I was like, Okay, that's an interesting way to to put this, but nah, he didn't really he didn't really do much for me as Frank.
Speaker 1: I liked him as Frank. I was gonna say something based on what you said, but it'll come to me. Spike, how did you feel?
Speaker 3: I thought it was an interesting way to present him in the sense of it was thought provoking. Once he gets to talk and then she figured out who he is, and he says he goes into the lonely spill and then you think about you're like, man, this big, ugly dude due gotta walk around like without interacting with people because he was probably scared of him because he looks like a monster. So he's sitting in the movies and stuff off time in the dark with his face cover. I mean it made to an interesting thought as a viewer of watching him, like Okay, well how do you handle this? Like, like, what's the correct answer for her as a doctor moving forward? I just like the dilimit that they were presenting each other. She was like, are you crazy like in a system getting him a companion like that?
Speaker 1: I remember what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I mean, he wasn't when you talking about smart the other FRIKASTI was smart too, and the other movie, so I felt like it was about the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the other Francissan had way more of a sadness to him, Like I felt that he was sad about not having companionship.
Speaker 3: Talking about the recent one that just came out. Yeahd you say it.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that from him.
Speaker 6: I just got, oh, I need I need somebody to hang out with.
Speaker 1: I got you can't you say you got horny? He said. It's intercourse.
Speaker 4: But I think they were being very intentional and deliverate and funny with the English language using intercourse people automatically thinking that that's what he was talking about. I think even she may have thought the same thing. When she was giving her a little speech. She said, someone with a big and you're thinking, you know whatever, she's a intellect, you know. So I think they were definitely uh, playing around, playing around with with the words or whatever. But he definitely huh, this wasn't funny. Yeah, And that was that was my issue when we first meet him, is you know, you know, I'm with Mike. I didn't get the sense that he was lonely. He seemed like like his spirits were fine. You know, I didn't get any type of sadness. The whole premise, if I'm not mistaken for the Brider Frankenstein, was because he didn't have anyone, and so going in, you knew it was lonely was going to be the center of the of the mission and to give him somebody because of everything that you just said, Spike.
Speaker 1: So like his job was to just do that.
Speaker 4: But he was just like, oh, yeah, I need somebody, and your job was to do this, and you know it was just like, nah, I didn't I didn't really I didn't really get the feeling that he was impacted.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So y'all saying at any point in time, Well, y'all saying just at the beginning when he first presented the.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about at any point in time, I only got it because he said it. He didn't convey it like a lordy. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna compare them the entire review. Yeah, I don't plan to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a LORDI, Yeah, it's hard not to.
Speaker 6: He conveyed it like he didn't have to say shit, he just you felt it. With this role, I didn't feel it. They had to tell me, oh, he's lonely. So even even introducing it as I would like an intercourse, you're fucking up because I don't think Christian Bale was good enough in this role to make me think anything other than he's.
Speaker 1: Just trying to fuck.
Speaker 6: But I just knew after they kept talking about it, it was like, oh, no, he doesn't mean intercourse, he means like an intimate relationship with someone.
Speaker 1: Got all right?
Speaker 2: Well after that, we soon moved to she agrees to to basically dig up a body for it to be his bride, and that.
Speaker 1: Was off her ego, right? Is that why she did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Pretty much? Yeah, is what we learned later that she had been doing it or trying to anyway, and.
Speaker 1: She did it with the Duke made or whatever that was that she had there but I didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she certainly has.
Speaker 1: A stain on her, so it's the same thing unless I'm tripping later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was later because you know, they were all mocked, like when the whole revolution started happening, they all no, I.
Speaker 1: Got that, but her own maid that was a fake stain, Yeah, I think so. Yeah, yeah, she didn't have it before. I thought.
Speaker 3: I just wasn't paying attention before.
Speaker 2: You made me second guess it too, So now I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I didn't remember her happening Okay, Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we also kind of skipped over that she had published those writings under her name, but she masked herself as a man. Yeah yeah, yeah Cornel yeah or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It wasn't cool for a woman to be writing stuff. No one would take her seriously. That's also when I was like, Okay, this movie is going to be about feminism, which I'm cool with.
Speaker 1: I just don't think they nailed it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a good catch because that that that plays on throughout the whole movie.
Speaker 2: And yeah, all the way right from the detective to everything. Yeah, everything, it was heavy handed.
Speaker 7: On that you would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, so I was moving to the next part was they went and dug up conveniently dug up ITAs. Out of all the places and all the graves they come across, Iida. But we could, you know, we got to suspend that or whatnot, bring her back and revive her.
Speaker 1: Uh? This was interesting.
Speaker 2: How did y'all feel about them digging her up, bringing her back, and them reviving Ida?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Not to continue to pick on Christian Bell, okay, but the way his face and how he was looking and all the other stuff. He was so gleeful and happy and lady, which I get. He ain't had anybody, so.
Speaker 1: Uh he did. He mentioned going to get a prostitute.
Speaker 4: Oh but I mean, I mean that's some pussy still cant and I thought.
Speaker 1: You yeah, no he ain't. Oh okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he ain't had like that intercourse that he's looking for. So he was just in there, like.
Speaker 1: Bront know, I like you.
Speaker 3: He said that, But that's what I thought. I thought he'd just say that's what a loneliness I feel like came in and like he was nervous about her being too pretty, and when she came life, it seemed like he was just like enamored with her. He couldn't stop staring at her, like he felt like lonely. It was like looking at a lonely ass person that's to sleep up under and like that.
Speaker 6: I think that's also where the feminists parts start to see creepy, and.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he's being creepy.
Speaker 6: One and two, he specifically had her created for him, so when he's talking about all that stuff that like men think that way, like if my girl's too pretty, then you know she might leave me for somebody else, or you know, all this type of goofy ship. So that That was another thing that I immediately picked up.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 6: Okay, So this is almost like the Adam and Eves story, but it's also wrapped up with this feminist bow of this woman that's created specifically for this man.
Speaker 2: Got your So, so did you How did y'all think about the process, Like that liquid that was going inside her body and that created like the little ink stain and all that.
Speaker 1: I thought it looked.
Speaker 2: Dope, like how it was kind of in certain places of her body and whatever.
Speaker 1: How did y'all feel about that? I was the thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: I was wondering, what was they gonna explain it? Because I was super confused. I was like, they're gonna leave it right there the whole movie just but when the doctor was like it came from the process of it, it made sense and I was fine with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was. It was bothering me.
Speaker 3: It bothers me. She explained.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, just clean it up.
Speaker 4: He was gonna wipe that off her face, just this damn fucking movie.
Speaker 3: But I started the previews, I wondered why her face was like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, to get the explination.
Speaker 4: Was yeah, it made sense to kind of also, you know, kind of make her mosterish looking, you know, just sort of scar or blemish on her face so she's not asked pretty, you know, for Frankenstein as well, and you know, it kind of also became a sort of costa yeah, monster mask m.
Speaker 1: Sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I could definitely see people doing that for like Halloween and ship like the thing. I think I think people are going to be trying to do that ship for Halloween. So I think it was it was prominent enough. Did you did that you take anything away from her? Inks stains and stuff?
Speaker 1: Nah, it was just like a mark. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't really take anything special from me. I wasn't sure if they were trying to go with like the scarlet and whatever or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, I liked it because it wasn't like Frankenstein. Wait, it's cut up. It's just it was almost like split up with the ink and whatever. So I thought that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: She kind of asked like, why did he put you together from various parts? Why didn't he just you know, yeah, yeah, she kind of goes to the women are kind of smarter than men.
Speaker 1: All right, we get it.
Speaker 2: But reanimation is what they call it, not resurrection. So she lost her memory during this process, so she didn't really know who she was, where she came from. All she knew was she She wasn't supposed to be there, but she know she kind of settled into it.
Speaker 1: And then they go out basically on the date. Uh. They go to the.
Speaker 2: Cinema and they watch Frank's favorite film, our favorite actor, Ronnie Reid, who was played by Jake Jentenhall, and then they go and dance at a club after.
Speaker 4: That, which explains why he was in the movie because his sister did the movie.
Speaker 3: Was why was what was the whole thing with him being in the movies? I didn't get that he would go watch it and then he would be the character that was damning.
Speaker 6: Oh that was just him imagining himself because he wanted to be this charismatic.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 6: I think this was poorly cast. I like Jake jalen Hall. I think he's an incredible actor, and he's a good looking guy.
Speaker 1: He's not that type of good looking to me, like this would have.
Speaker 6: Been no, no, not no lip guy, but you know, like a more traditionally, he would have been good.
Speaker 3: Ken's Boy would have been good.
Speaker 1: You like him, you keep trying to sell them because he's normal, boring, good looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he liked that age period.
Speaker 1: He would have fit better than Jake Jillen in this part.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I think that was just supposed to be Frank imagining himself as this handsome, charismatic guy that gets the women.
Speaker 4: You know, man, when he had the umbrella, he was doing that little dance when you went back.
Speaker 2: Show it was the thirties, all right, So then, so yes, it's stuff that happened in there. But the main thing is that after this they go to the club. Wait, I'm so sorry, you know, I'm not sorry to do it to me. What the dancing I did not get that was that in their mind or was that really happening?
Speaker 4: What it was like a little bit of both, because it's like the police.
Speaker 1: Came and everything and stopped it and all that, So I do.
Speaker 6: The dancing was really like all those people dancing, It was something like they took over the mind.
Speaker 1: He was writing her when he was watching her on the floor.
Speaker 6: No, like yeah, when like all of them and like the audience started joining in and they have this big fucking thriller.
Speaker 1: Ass dance movie.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 1: It was supposed by that.
Speaker 2: I was confused too, So I don't know that's the fragmented. Maybe maybe it took me out of the movie. Maybe maybe Frank kind of had it in his head that it was going on that way, the same way we saw it in the movies. But it probably was just them doing some side of dance and just kind of being out there.
Speaker 1: This is how I kind of.
Speaker 6: He's seeing her commending the audience, but in real life.
Speaker 3: They're just just dancing it.
Speaker 4: But they did it twice, they did, they did, so I think this was her probably trying to be creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's probably all. It was, of some sort of like dance number in the movie. But sinners, it could be kind of like saying, it.
Speaker 3: Could be like the white versus unseasoned version, don't do this.
Speaker 1: He was doing the monster match. They weren't doing the monster match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's that's what they were doing. But then, like I said, because I think because he was so embarrassed when he actually met his idol. We see, we hear this all the time when you actually meet them and not what they seem, you know what you would hope they would be. And he was just sad that y'all like that, like you didn't feel that he was sad. He was just like he was about to cry. I mean, well he went over board. I know understand he was excited, but he was doing way too much.
Speaker 1: Bro, look like that.
Speaker 2: Bro, ain't you in my face looking like that? Like come on, b yeah, because he was oh yeah J J. Hall did a good job with that because he was just like you can see it on his face that he was smell bad.
Speaker 3: Say your what's ups? And like the movie, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: None of this part worked for me anyway, because like you walked in, you just put on this dirty jacket and then you just picked up a tray and nobody's looking at you like who and you look like that crazy and you're walking around like anybody want to drink?
Speaker 1: No motherfucker? What? What? Who? Uh?
Speaker 2: But yeah, after the dance number, uh police show up. The detective who is Penelopie Cruise. I haven't seen her in anything in a minute, but they show up and this is where uh, the bride has another monologue basically right at this point. Did anybody take anything away from this moment where you still like she was on her met too stuff or because they start she starts speaking from the from the different dead and women and the women that the dead ghosts. Yeah, I thought that was dope. How she was convening that. How did y'all feel about this moment? Wait in the club? In the club, because she started she started speaking from she was pointing guns at everybody, and then she was speaking from the dead women.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we did somebody over a major party. Yeah, we're back. Yeah, we're on the second dance number. I thought we were still.
Speaker 1: At the the.
Speaker 4: Sort of freak section of the movie when they went to the first das skipped over the part where he and he killed those two guys, because yeah, and then she was because she was yeah yeah, so after that, that's yeah, they left, they left the club, and then that's where they were.
Speaker 1: They were harassing her, and that was a different club though it was a different club.
Speaker 2: That was a different club. Yeah, there was there was harassing her two guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she started saying violence and then that's that's when I started picking up. Okay, that's what she's doing. She just saying different different words of violence and different ways of violence that y'all y'all picked up on that right when she Yeah, that's one reason I joined with Ken skipping that part.
Speaker 1: That part was dope. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was She.
Speaker 6: Was very much like calling out like even though they weren't fighting her, they weren't punching her nothing like that, it was stillolence. So I liked how she was calling out like this is violence, this is violence. But then when they got outside, that's when the violence changed and became more physical violence, and it led to actually finally an actual good scene where he fucking curbs that. Yes, yeah, Tommy doing something crazy.
Speaker 3: They deserved that. He gave them get out so many chance, so ample opportunities. Yeah, how did you feel about this performance here? Ken?
Speaker 1: What Mike? I did like the action.
Speaker 4: You know, I do think I thought he was he was going to attack them in the club. So I do feel like this part was a little bit forrest half of them pursue them outside the club just to get this this scene, because that's a bit motherfucker, And they didn't seem like they were worded at all, Like I can see if it was a small like skinny sort of guy. But these two guys thought like stupid, they thought that they could still attack.
Speaker 1: Her with him there.
Speaker 4: So it just felt like they were trying to do this to to get to where we eventually got to.
Speaker 3: You don't agree it made sense to me. Oh I really think they did that. Yeah, I'm sorry, I think they did that. Yeah, he was big, but I think they thought he was a little uh slow slow. Yeah, and that's why they were with him like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, because he's tall, but he ain't like swollen or nothing.
Speaker 3: He's just like, he ain't really menacing other than him looking like that, Like.
Speaker 1: He had the little fake pool you want to about it like that in them days. Yeah, I can see that, especially if those two guys they.
Speaker 6: Probably thought they could jump, and the first few times they hit him, he didn't really do ship. He fell over, so they probably thought this was a big ass punk that they could take out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So then after that scene he tells her he basically said, look, I've been through this before. It's gonna be a mob. Just just leave me. So y'all like that, what y'all.
Speaker 4: Just referencing like the the first Frankenstein like book, and all the other stuff. I was like, you know, I don't been through all this ship. Trust this is about to get fucking crazy. Back upstairs and you'll be fine. I'll take the blame for it here.
Speaker 3: I like to lead up to it too, like like the crowd swilling, like as he's beating the ship out of him. Then you get the photographer up there taking pictures like now you know they know his face himself. Yeah that's what I thought. I was like, Damn, they did a good way of doing how it will go today because people will have their phones out just by WOD was like where the photographer's coming from though, But what being said, I liked how they progressed into him wanting to flee and leave her. That's from that point moving forward.
Speaker 1: Any anything you took. So yeah, he tells her like no, but she refuses.
Speaker 2: And she wants to basically run away from This's why I was referencing the Buddy Bunny and Clyde. Uh yeah so uh uh so yeah, he tells her the lead, but she decides she wants to u you know, run away with him.
Speaker 3: I like when she was like go where yeah I supposed to?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's like I don't know where my home is or whatever.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, they stole away in the train in New York, killing a security officer who finds them as the train passes through Indiana. Meanwhile, he got Jake the detectives, Jake and his assistant Murder, which investigate the murders and eventually followed them to New York. Uh, Frank and Brian, they caused chaos in the screen of revoted zombies and this, and they see refuse from the police and angry mob at a high class party. This is what I actually was talking about earlier. Uh, where they had to dance and everything. And then Frank, Yeah, right, exactly what I'm saying. It's like and Clyde, So that's when he had he was at the party and all of that and that, and this is where she holds the guns up and it's talking from the perspective of the women, which we kind of already talked about.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Once they leave the Brider frame, they kill an officer hot wire car and managed to escape the city.
Speaker 1: How did y'all feel about the escape? Playing did y'all think?
Speaker 2: Because they he basically that's when he hit run down the chandelier and they escaped.
Speaker 1: How did y'all feel about this party? I feel like they probably should have been shot here or what cop did you she killed? She killed the cop just pushed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was supposed to mirror what happened to her, yeah earlier, and yeah, but she was she.
Speaker 3: Was getting nerves and she was wild in the train car. What you doing?
Speaker 6: That cop was sorry as hell anyway, Yeah, and scared, yeah, yeah, very scared, but it was clear that I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, these motherfuckers were doing a lot.
Speaker 4: Had they killed the cop on the side of the road yet on the side of the road. Yeah, Remember they were driving and they got the cop pulled over and he was kind of messing with her and he was trying it was basically filling her up the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is this is when they like, after they flee from the party.
Speaker 1: Happened after the party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, but now the part the I'm you know, as Mike said earlier, the whole party ship didn't make sense. You know this big monster. Everybody knows the monster. Maybe you know it's back in the day. So you got news and the ship got to be written. So it's it's a while for news to travel.
Speaker 3: But they knew him in the other places. Maybe the news had already traveled. Boy, then that's what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about, Like when they were in the because they went to the movies.
Speaker 3: They started recognizing him.
Speaker 4: And well, I think in the movies because that guy was kind of she was saying no and he was pushing up on her, you know, but.
Speaker 1: They knew who he was because they said, that's that's the monster.
Speaker 3: So like, I don't Yes, it was in the newspapers. Yeah, but that must have been before the party.
Speaker 4: Well maybe maybe this class of society got you probably wasn't paying attention to that sort of stuff, or they could have thought that they were protected from it as well.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Well after the party, that's when like the female revolution started. But they started, like because they started kind of pushing back on the on the crime in the city. That's when they started getting tattoos and all that stuff. So that's when you start seeing in the paper. So they were known by this point. Yeah, the party, right, yeah, after the party, after the party, after the party, because that's when she had the speech and then that that kind of the speech and inspired all the women and stuff like that. Yeah, and they were going around a town like, you know, shooting and all kind of stuff like they were.
Speaker 6: They weren't taking ship from men either really or not. I wanted it to, but it didn't. It didn't work because I think I needed to see more And I know this is asking a lot for a movie, but I needed to see more of how her message got out because it's not like anybody fucking had a video camera. It's not like anybody had a cell phone to record video. So it was like, and she didn't really do anything at the party, and then after that when they just left or whatever I did, I guess I just didn't really get what caused all of these women to be empowered all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: It was her speech.
Speaker 4: How did they heard I don't know. I'm thinking they might have got out from the people.
Speaker 2: The women that word and then it just, yeah, watermouth just kind of started getting around after that.
Speaker 1: That's not enough for me for.
Speaker 6: A for a movie like this, and they didn't do anything with it. That was my other issue. It's like, okay, fine, if I can suspend thisbelief and say that a bunch of the women just spreaded the word around, fine, But then after that, you show these women getting empowered. But then it seemed like that went away real quick, like they didn't have like it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like a massive uprising.
Speaker 6: It was almost like they just copied that shit that happened in Joker, and then they just called it the Day real fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely a lot of Joker vibes. And then she had just killed somebody, you know. First of all, that cop was stupid as shit, like to walk up like she has a gun. She clearly seems like she's out of her mind, and you don't know, and you just don't walk up and surprise somebody with the gun.
Speaker 1: You just don't do that.
Speaker 4: So and and the other guy telling me like, yeah, yeah, go ahead, Yeah you got it, bro like, and he walks around and he got popped, you know. And then of course the the dance scene was stupid as fucking ship. So I didn't even understand that, but I did like him pulling that Chande live down that shi.
Speaker 1: It was dope. He just jumped up and snatched that ship down.
Speaker 4: Then they escaped, and then at this point she was like I know you, I know you to the cop. So I thought at this point that cop was working for Lopina. Well, yeah, and that he was actually there and was part of what led to her murder. Yeah, the detective, yeah yeah, the Scars guard guy Peter.
Speaker 1: I think, the one not handsome Scars guard. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so and then uh you know of course they running off and and did he shoot at him, No, because he just he recognized him.
Speaker 1: And then oh he just shot in the air. Yeah, he shot in the air. Even her killing the cop, even that whole cop ship didn't make no sense, didn't make any sense because.
Speaker 6: Like she she had the one the one person at at gunpoint. Did she let that person go when she started doing this the speech and then she's just like pointing the gun and just yelling.
Speaker 1: At any point the cops could have shot her. Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
Speaker 6: The whole scene is just like too much of that, and it's I know, people that life moving like you're overthinking it. Fine, whatever, I don't think that's overthinking. I think this just turned into bad writing and the ship just started to really just not make any sense. Why wouldn't the cops have just shot especially in those days, people think.
Speaker 1: Cops are bad now with just fucking shooting.
Speaker 6: People in those days, they would have definitely just shot her.
Speaker 1: I mean they did later, but it took them a little bit later. But she fucking she was waving the gun.
Speaker 4: Alator at that point. Yeah, yeah, she was a calculator that point. But yeah, it just didn't make sense. But it looked like I don't think they had a clear shot though, And yeah, but they didn't want to risk. Wasn't there there were people behind her, There were there.
Speaker 6: Were elites behind her, sure, but why did they tell the other dude, the one cop, to go, oh yeah, go sneak up on her.
Speaker 1: It didn't make any sense. And why didn't they Well, no, I forgot that happened. Yeah, yeah, did they even go after outside? After the sande.
Speaker 4: Felt it was only the detective, only one and and they it's not like they were running fast and had that little limp, right.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, there's too much of that time stuff. It just didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: All right, Cool, So we go, keep you going, brit and Frank they going to crossing and it becomes publicized.
Speaker 1: This is where you see everything in the paper.
Speaker 2: And then it gets back to the Pina who recognizes them in the paper. He uh then gets his henchmen and whatever and say, yo, I thought this was taking care of And I was like, yeah, he was taking care of and then he kills one of them, and yeah, play with me right the way he shot his as so cold.
Speaker 1: God, that sh was so cool.
Speaker 3: Uh So, yeah, he he had a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Roy, but he had a lot of He's been fucking up woman for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the man, that ship was crazy because you hear the stories and you see those jars and tongues and shit.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, this motherfucker was fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so yeah, again he had that same demeanor from earlier, like I was like, oh man, yeah, this motherfucker crazy. I feel like they could have did more with him, honestly, you know that. I think that would have added to the movie. Seeing him actually do some of these Hainess things.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 3: Would have absolutely added.
Speaker 4: Maybe she didn't want to display that sort of even though there were acts of physical violence against women in it. Maybe she didn't want to go that that far with it to show that. Could it have helped, Yes, Like early in the movie, I think like when you were saying early, you're how just nonchalant he was, Hey, go handle that. I think at that point, especially when you see all of the tones in the in the drawers for him, it just really displayed that he really don't give a funk about women.
Speaker 1: No, he does, you know, so he doesn't, and.
Speaker 2: That's why he was the way he was in the beginning of the movie exactly. Uh So he has he has the other guy going trying to find her to kill her.
Speaker 1: So he's on the look for her who's also on to look for a.
Speaker 2: Detective detectives, and they basically make a connection between the murder sightings and like that. He's basically going to where red films were set or whatnot, which leads them to Niraka Falls, where they find a couple just as Frank asked the bride to marry him. Uh So, what did y'all think about this part? I have any thoughts about this part?
Speaker 1: The driving? No, I thought this was cool.
Speaker 6: I thought this was cool because, of course, when you're watching it, you think she's gonna say yes.
Speaker 1: But I like how she always says to her and I prefer not to.
Speaker 6: I thought that was really interesting because when you when you think about it, you get the whole idea of like, you know, women tell men know all the time, but men don't listen to know, or.
Speaker 1: They'll be like, why, what do you mean? No, why I.
Speaker 6: Prefer not to It's no, but I'm telling you right, yeah, I'm telling you why because I don't fucking want to.
Speaker 1: I have the choice.
Speaker 6: I love you, Frank, but I prefer to not be your bride because that then you have ownership of me. I am the bride of you know, Frankenstein or the monster of frank whatever.
Speaker 1: So I liked this part.
Speaker 6: Now and then capping my man in the head right then and there. I was like, damn, that's kind of cold blooded. But even this didn't really make a lot of sense. These cops are terrible. The detective is whack awful. Because you also skipped over this is after Jake relinquishes the role of detective to miRNA. Yeah, because that's also in line with the whole feminist movie aspect of the movie where Jake controls Myrna's fate because when she asked him in the car, she says, you know, hey, for this next case, I want credit, and he's like, well, that's not really up to me, even though we know it kind of is her career and her notoriety is based on how this man conveys the story. So the fact that she gets the badge and then goes to the drive in but then donne't really do anything. It's like, all right, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: She spent a lot of time around corners just peeking, look listening to what was being said, and no detectively like what she figured out how how they got to know?
Speaker 1: But she, yeah, she did. She was doing a lot of that work.
Speaker 4: She was doing all of the work, you know, because even earlier they were like uh, because even though he had to say, oh yeah, she's my secretary, so he was always based on societal rules at the time, I had to kind of diminish her role. I did, like, like how emotional she got when he was like, that's not up to me.
Speaker 1: And maybe to your point, Mike, she was.
Speaker 4: She knew that it was, and she thought that he would be different because she was either he was either trying to groom her and trying to show that she or that woman can do this role. And even when he has a chance to do something, he kind of you know, pun it away from it.
Speaker 1: So and.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and then of course this this this so we already had the scene where the cop was based they killed the cops on the side of the road when he was trying.
Speaker 1: To I still don't remember that part.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he pulls he pulls her out the car and he's searching her, but he's actually like kind of feeling her and at one point he's actually like dry humping her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's when Frank. I think Frank shot Frank outside the car. Yeah, yeah, I think I think this part. I was kind of out. Yeah, this is a good part. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He was talking a whole bunch of ship during the scene and the cop I forgot what the copa was saying.
Speaker 1: The Kappa was saying something kind of weird. Yeah, I forgot what it was. Yeah, it was was it licensing registration?
Speaker 6: Was after that, It's like, once he pulled her out of the car, he was saying something kind of fucked up to her while he looked like he.
Speaker 1: Was fingering her. It did. Yeah, from I do remember that part. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Part, yeah, because she Yeah, I thought that's what he was doing, was like, there's he's definitely I don't know, but that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: That was the thing that he was doing. But yeah, he shot out of this motherfucker.
Speaker 6: And we skipped the part where she tried to suck his dick and Frank said no because I was that's a pretty pivotal part of the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean you want to talk about that part.
Speaker 6: Of well, you know, you put the hoe in host man, why didn't make me do it?
Speaker 1: If anything, it kind of displayed that he wasn't really there for sex. It was.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to get to that point. It wasn't really about sex for him at that point. He really wanted a relationship.
Speaker 4: But it got there, get you know where. But you know, at this point he was like wanting it at this And in that scene it looked like because she said, I was just trying to what she said, I was just trying to make you feel good, to do something nice, you know, And I think maybe she was still having remnants of like these hallucinations of her past, and she, you know, it was like, this is what I'm going to do to kind of repay you know, h.
Speaker 1: Your you know, the thing which is a lot of women do.
Speaker 6: What what does that remind y'all of something y'all recently reviewed and y'all fucking acted like it was the best thing ever made. I don't know that one fucking whack ass show y'all acted like was so good. Where the girl the guy takes her to a movie and then she sucks his dick in the movie theater.
Speaker 1: Because that was yeah, oh, it's the same concept.
Speaker 6: She was trying to repay Frankenstein, Franklin's monster frank for what he had done for her. She gives him a blowjob because that is a lot of women's idea of thanking men, or you know, and that's a lot of men's idea too. And even though she said, she's like right, right, because she was just like this is how you know, I've been trained to please men or say thank you. It's the same thing that the girl was doing in Forever. He took her to the movie.
Speaker 1: She thanked him, yeah, she but he bought her something.
Speaker 6: Like het her like she was looking like and then she tried to suck his dick or she did suck his dick in the movie theater.
Speaker 3: So he didn't let her because he's not that type of guy. Letter he made her stop. She got mad, enought, yeah, she was embarrassed.
Speaker 1: She at least licked the head.
Speaker 3: I thought she was pulling it out.
Speaker 1: Oh he stopped her from He didn't even get it. Way. He must not have watched his balls the same thing essentially.
Speaker 6: Yeah, really it's the same thing, because Frankistan's balls wasn't clean.
Speaker 3: That's what I couldn't believe. She was down there, like I was like, man, this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when she pulled it back, it was like it was like I thought, I was like, she got zip and it ain't gonna be the thing there. Yeah, some attached there, but of course he had of course been with the prostitute.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, yeah, and she's been treated this way. She's probably used yeah balls or whatever. She seemed worse. That was a pretty important.
Speaker 1: Part of Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So while the detective confronts the wows, the detective the godive confronts the bride and he informs her her true identity of Ida, and she injured him in response, and as Frank and the bride flee, Frank amssed that he was deceptive towards her and beginning to convey that he actually didn't know who she was before she died.
Speaker 1: But she forgets him. Did y'all take anything away from.
Speaker 6: This moment jumping around, because you already talked about Frank getting shot in the head.
Speaker 1: That part happened before he got shot in the head.
Speaker 2: No, y'all, y'all, y'all talked about that him getting shot in the head the driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he got shot in the head of the driver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Jalen gonna take away your host.
Speaker 1: Look damn look.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was like the movie I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to make the review like it was ran from the damn man that they.
Speaker 1: Were on the runs. They were wild and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because at this point I was like, Yo, these motherfuckers crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was, so.
Speaker 4: I was like so at this point, I was like, even though it was like, danmg, this motherfucker's crazy as hell. So I was kind of getting back into the movie a little bit because of all the ship that they were doing.
Speaker 1: They were tripping. Yeah, this is the part.
Speaker 2: All of this this is blurry for me because I was yeah, I didn't want to say it, but yeah, I was like I was sleep on this part, sleep on this part, yeah, Like and I would wake up like at certain points and I'm like, god, damn, you could have sent a message. I can't host this one. I still had enough. I still had to Yes, yes, yes, I still saw the movie. I didn't feel like I missed. Yeah, I didn't feel like I missed much. Like it's just like a little I didn't feel like I missed much.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was That was the police on the side of the road. And then there was the movie theater where they got ran away from the mob. Some of this maybe out of order. There was a confrontation. I think that's where we're at with Ida. When we revealed her name, she was like and then Frank got shot.
Speaker 6: Yes, he got by Jake, and he also shot Jake, right, yeah he shot Jake too, or one of them shot Jake.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, the detective right, yes, yeah, but not yeah he didn't kill him.
Speaker 1: But no, no, Yeah, Frank got shot in the stomach. Yeah, yeah, he got shot in the leg.
Speaker 4: But that's when he revealed his role and the creation of Ida.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, he knew and he took advantage of her and he accessed with her. And Frank reveals that he knew who Idaa was because he lied earlier.
Speaker 1: I forgot what the exact lie was.
Speaker 3: But I think it's just like what's my name or something? Who am I?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he he made up a story about how they met. Oh that was all bullshit because he told her her name was Penelope.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, because this because this was a This was because I think this impacted her. Yes, as well, because he lied and he was very apologetic and felt embarrassed as well.
Speaker 1: But that only took it.
Speaker 4: But it only happened because the detective Frank was gonna keep lying about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 6: It showed to her that these men keep taking advantage of me. Even though they they're presented as good guys, they're still lying to them because they want to get what they want.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And because he never really the detective he just kind of left her there, right, Isn't that what he said?
Speaker 1: He just kind of left her there.
Speaker 4: He just kind of slept with her and then just kind of left her there and that sort of mess.
Speaker 1: No. I think he.
Speaker 6: I think he had feelings for her. I don't remember how their story ended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I knew I've seen him, I remember him from the beginning, but when he was awake, but uh.
Speaker 4: No, no, he said that. Okay, so he said that, Yeah, she was undercover for him. No, no, no, she was working for them. She came to him because of everything that was happening, and he said, oh, I'll help you. But he used her to sleep with her, but he never helped her.
Speaker 1: He never helped her.
Speaker 6: But I think he had planned to, but it just didn't come to fruition before she was killed.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought somebody else was killed. Okay, I can't. I can't quite remember.
Speaker 4: I needed captures for this part because the way he told his story. But anyway, so, yeah, so that that was a pretty significant point because that's.
Speaker 1: When he resigned and gave her. That gave her, and that's when she was chasing him and not doing shit. Yes, yeah, now we have the drive.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well the driving is over because he's already been shot and shit. So at this point, the bride escapes with Frank's body and returns to the laboratory.
Speaker 1: So we all caught up at this point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he escapes and turns back to the laboratory and she's just basically she was unaware that detective was following her. Also, the other guy, the other henchman, was following her as well, and then Cornelia says that, you know, she's she's unable to basically revive him, and she's like, what you mean you revived me? How can you not revive him or whatnot? So she basically at this point wants to just do it for like study purposes or something like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But then Clyde breaks into the laboratory and fabily shoots the bride leaving. This is when we have the big scene of the cops are here, the other guy, the henchman is here, and and yeah, this is what we were talking about, where the cops come in and shoot like that.
Speaker 6: When you said he fairly shot Ida, he didn't, the cops came and shot her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the copy I'm sorry. Yeah, the cops came in shot shot her up. No, no, no, I thought the first of all, he was trying.
Speaker 1: To shoot her.
Speaker 2: He was about to shoot her, but the cops ended up just blasting every Yeah, yeah, they were insane.
Speaker 4: But how the hell did the detective not here this motherfucker falling behind her like that.
Speaker 1: Because she's sorry as fuck. I'm like, bro, that's at this point, maybe maybe they had.
Speaker 8: God this motherfucker following her, like right behind her the whole time, right behind her to go around the corner, and then popped out, like what in the entire fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: So I had an issue with that that was kind of crazy. Is this the part where if for for the slow folks and the audiences that didn't get it? Is is this the part where she started yelling at me too?
Speaker 1: Yes? And yeah, yeah that's been too much.
Speaker 2: It was heavy, it was heavy handed. Yeah. So how did y'all feel about this this shooting?
Speaker 1: How did y'all? What did y'all take from this? I'm trying to remember. I thought the henchman did he shot her?
Speaker 4: He did shoot her, yeah, and then they started shooting after loaded, they start unloading.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like I thought he did shoot her. Yeah, he didn't fatally shoot it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, she probably I think when he shot it, she fell on Frank on the table.
Speaker 1: The cops at what point did she fall on Frank?
Speaker 6: Because again, even this was just like what the fuck are we doing? The cops just showed up and pretty much immediately they just unloaded their weapons.
Speaker 2: But by this time they're full blown criminals, and like him was saying, earlier she's a cop killer. Now yeah, yeah, they like on site.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but it was a lot and you know, very much. I think, I think at this point really driving home the message about violence against women, SENSI women just very you know, the constant shooting and people like what is that enough, and them not listening to the detective who comes in and say stop, stop stopping, they keep shooting.
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 4: And of course in that part then she's talking about the detective and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That it was corny too.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, he's a detective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like me, I'm in charge people in my audience life. Really, That's why I was next year.
Speaker 6: No, No, I didn't have my man Maurice Maurice this time.
Speaker 1: Now, I had a bunch of corny Karen's.
Speaker 3: And I was like, us, I am the detective.
Speaker 1: I'm the detecting damn whip me too.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, but maybe it worked for women though, yeah, yeah, maybe this whole need to and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I was next to a woman too.
Speaker 2: She was clapping as well, and so yeah, yeah, so the detective basically calls off the shooters, like look, she thought already dead.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm saying stop shooting or whatnot.
Speaker 2: And she's like, go find the actual criminal, which is Clyde. And so they all leave and she leaves it up to basically Cornelia's just saying, you know, you got work to do or whatever, basically all the time you.
Speaker 4: Need, right, So I guess that was yeah, I was, I was lost, was lost here?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I mean, I've seen what they was doing, but it made absolutely no sense, like why thea, why the detectives carre to like it? Just it didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: She saw herself in the girl, I got it.
Speaker 3: It was just cheese. It was very cheesy.
Speaker 1: Well, and and again she's not detective.
Speaker 4: She's just sitting there around the damn corner listening this whole time. You know, it's just like what the hell, Like, come on, lady, get out of here, do something. She could have She could have saved her life if she would have just burst out there and was like freezing something.
Speaker 6: Maybe not autumn cops.
Speaker 1: They might have shot.
Speaker 4: Who's this Broadal, you're right, but but at least the henchman may not have shot.
Speaker 1: They had been would have shot both of them. I don't, I don't know that.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm with you, Penelope Cruise was a sorry ass, a sorry ass cop, but I don't know if there was much she could have done to save Ida's life in this moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but taking all the time you need, I guess to give her time.
Speaker 1: To resurrect both of them.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, that's well, yeah, because you saw the power serge that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the last thing you see. So you see the power search and you see and you see their hands, and they basically revived, which is going to lend to a part too.
Speaker 1: I don't think they would. She probably left it open to do.
Speaker 4: One, but I don't Yeah, just in case it hit, but they won't have any memories of one another.
Speaker 1: One thing we started from.
Speaker 6: Scratch Frank Wood. Because Frank got shot in the brain. I thought that's why she was saying she couldn't resurrect him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he dead, but the ship worth when she was confused by like, which one is it? You said he was dead? Because when he got shot, I was like, oh, she could bring him back to life, reanimated. But when she said he was dead, I was like, oh, that's kind of cool. But then he's coming back to life. So I'm like, okay, which one is a doc? Like help me out here? So okay, all right?
Speaker 2: So then yeah, like I said, i's a pretty much end like that. But then y'all see the mid credit stuff. So in the mid credits, that's where you have the mob boss Lupoena. He is surrounded by the female rioters or whatnot, just kind of heading to us. You know that they're getting their revenge at this point, and that's yeah, that's pretty much how it how it ends.
Speaker 1: Any final thoughts got on your head, you know, I just.
Speaker 4: I just happened because I was I was actually walking out when it was over, and I just happened to catch the end of this because I was like, okay, so that's it, and nothing's gonna happen to a Lapoeno, like he was part of this whole thing that happened. And then they just kind of showed that, I guess to give people a resolution, but where the people left, nobody saw that.
Speaker 1: So the guy that basically.
Speaker 4: Was this evil being, you know, almost got away with this thing, Scott Free. So it's great to see them get their revenge. I kind of would have liked to have seen that in the movie. But I guess at this point maybe because she had gave him I don't know if she gave the speech earlier about what he was doing to them, and maybe when the maybe because the henchman was caught. Maybe he said it and it got reported in the news and that's why he went there. I don't know, but I'm as somebody said here earlier, they really needed to do more with him, and I felt like they missed the mark with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I said it, Yeah, they needed more with him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was just like, all right, because he seemed like he could have been an interesting character.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, they could have cut out Penelope Cruise and the Stars Star guy completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Penal didn't really add much to this movie at all. Nope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the only added the Scars guard guy because I think I think he's dating Maggie Jill.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I think I think. Yeah, they didn't really add much.
Speaker 4: Oh and then there was another part where, going a little bit back to what she was saying at the drive in when she was like, I prefer not to the bride of this, that and the other, because she was like, I am just the bride. She was like a haha, now you get it.
Speaker 1: You are just the bride and you know not. I was like, okay, she belonged to the streets man, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I do have a question though, So she wasn't crazy before she got possessed. Is that what they're trying to say, because I'm like, why is she acting like this?
Speaker 1: I don't think she was right. Yeah, I don't think she was crazy.
Speaker 3: It didn't seem like she was just drinkable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's why. It was just like, what is going on with you? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because she even used the I don't I prefer not to ship there when they were trying to make.
Speaker 2: Her eat, she threw up on them. She already got a pussy or something like that.
Speaker 3: She said, like that okay, but at that point she was already possessed. No really when she threw up.
Speaker 1: On Actually, I think she was at that point she was.
Speaker 6: I thought she had said I don't want none of that ship before she was possessed. She did first tried to give it.
Speaker 4: So she was possessed while alive, and Mary Shelley came back and possessed the reanimated version that had no recollation.
Speaker 1: She was already in the body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said she was when she came.
Speaker 1: She came, all right, so she just never left. She was she was lying dorm me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right, cool, Yeah that that that works works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we've seen movies. Cool that she was able to do a movie.
Speaker 6: But m hm, this probably doesn't open the door for her to do a lot more because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I don't think it hit very.
Speaker 4: It's there are mixed reviews. I haven't looked much to see if the pos the intended artist audience, like the woman that you was, I think the people that were clapping where Mike was at the woman at where you were, right, I haven't seen their response to the movie. I just saw critics, you know, giving it mixed reviews. And it's not hidden.
Speaker 3: But yeah, riding tomatoes from fifty nine seventy from fans sounds.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love the you know, the intent, the idea behind the movie and everything like that. I'm I'm all here for I think it's just the story was just kind of all over the place.
Speaker 3: For me. It bombed. Yeah, So as far as the box office opening, it opened it seven million.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's wrap. It was only the first week though, Yeah, it came out Thursday. You need that first week. So because now it's.
Speaker 3: Been a full week, it's been like, I'm sorry they count.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need that the weekend because now at this point she's relying on word of mouth. So now you know, the woman or people that did like it have to go say, oh yeah, you gotta go watch this movie.
Speaker 1: And then if and if that don't happen.
Speaker 6: Well it's not like it probably will happen if there's seventy three percent audience.
Speaker 3: That's start corn, right, because it's one yes, sorry, we'll see, we'll see it ain't gonna happen. And she's married today.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what I said. I wasn't gonna ask. I know, we're wrapping up outside.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, what was my question about the success of the movie. I did see people walking out too. Oh wow, yeah, I was disking it. Well, I don't you know at some point, well, I guess this is a larger conversation. Never mind, it was just about maybe people just tired of going to watch Frankenstein ship and there's old stories.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was the problem with this movie. Yeah, but I do wonder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely understand wise mixed reviews. But yeah, I don't think it's I don't think it's only black people. We saw really well, we saw some black women. But in the band, y'all see how they were looking at that?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that? Yeah? Right there, dancing winners playing no music. It's not horrible, but y'all can have this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, cool, if you don't have anything else to say, man, this is our review of The Bride.
Speaker 1: Let us know how y'all feel in the comments section.
Speaker 2: Or where you are listening to this, And like I said, you can catch this on Patreon, Patreon, dot com, four slash France per Second or on YouTube page which is YouTube dot com Forward Slash FPS podcast.
Speaker 1: Go join our patreon.
Speaker 6: Man, we're giving y'all reviews every single week sometimes too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, definitely make sure you check out the have influence on what we review, different things you can do over there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, man, catch you guys next time. Peace. Yeah,