Speaker 1: The Phrase per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to the Phrase per Second Podcast. My name is Kennedy and joining them on the show, we have Rob, Mike and Spike. What up we are to talk about? Have a you know, brief discussion about the new Eyes of Wakanda series that dropped on Disney Plus. It is an animated mini series four episodes long that explores Wakanda, Wakandan history through the eyes of Haziras, which apparently are war dogs Wakanda's covert agents. So it basically follows four different characters in each episode on different missions to retrieve stolen artifacts, and it just shows like their different operations, the impact on different areas and whatnot. But yeah, yeah, and it is actually set in MCU's Sacred Timeline, So this is not an alternate timeline or anything like that. It's actually in this timeline which connects to all the other franchise and stuff like that. So what was dope is the animation was handled by company called Access Animation, which is a hand in a hand painted style inspired by contemporary African American artists such as Ernie Bars as well as illustrator Dean Cornwell. Anybody know any of them.
Speaker 2: One sounds familiar Dean Cornwall for some reason. So the other guy sounds familiar to.
Speaker 1: Me Ernie Bars. Yeah, don't. I don't know anybody. I thought that that was cool that they did that. So it premiered August first, twenty five, So what did you got? And it's the first series of phase six of the MCU. So I don't know, ya, man, I feel you I'm just saying it, or if the listeners benefit because I don't keep up with it, I just you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I should though, I feel like I should keep up with it. But I had no desire to see this. I don't know why, Like, like I don't know the animated shit.
Speaker 1: This don't it's so weird.
Speaker 2: I say this every time as an animator, like I don't know animation. Shit just don't be intriguing me for some reason. I don't know why. But but nah, this ended up being being really good. Actually I did like the animation that I was really hoping that it wasn't like AI driven and stuff. But but yeah, so it is good to know that it's based off those two artists or whatnot. But but no, I thought I thought it was solid. I thought this was a very solid little short series.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I was, and the stories were good, were good. I enjoyed them. I was not expecting to enjoy this, but I did.
Speaker 1: What about you, Mike?
Speaker 3: I didn't care about none of this. I'm sorry. I didn't dislike it necessarily, but I did not give a fuck about any of these motherfuckers. I was like, where is the child? I know, that's how that's how you sound like, Don, I'll be with Dom. Then that's me me and you.
Speaker 1: Don. He was like, who are these people? Right? He's like, I don't want to watch this? I was like, all right, you gotta watch it because.
Speaker 3: The stories just weren't intriguing to me.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Who is this? Why do I care? I mean, it started off intriguing because I like the idea of the lying spreading out the pieces of Wakanda and stuff and they have to go find them. That's who, you know whatever, That's what we've seen even in the movie. But none of these four stories intrigued me. I was like, bro, I don't care about none of.
Speaker 1: You is a non m c U comic person, but one familiar with Black Panther and just Wakanda in general.
Speaker 4: You Fox same sentiments as my man, and I wanted to like it too, like it black, it was black people. The action was good, the animation was good. But I was, like, I just even less than y'all. Probably not, I don't know, Like I thought it was gonna be some recognizable characters or something, even with the last one titled what was it the New Black Panther?
Speaker 1: What are the Last Black Panther or something like that. I mean, it was Panther. I liked at the end.
Speaker 2: That was the only that was my favorite part of the whole shit with at the end, well, I know that scene, I'm familiar with that. But yeah, like I could have I would have rather this spent more time in Wakanda and have stories around that than the artifacts of Wakanda and being outside of because I'm always more interested in world building and want to know, even with Black Panther, you won't spend a lot of time in Wakanda.
Speaker 1: It's like on the outside of that.
Speaker 4: So I would have enjoyed this more if it was about stuff happening within the place that is Wakanda verse.
Speaker 1: Just them having to go gather artifacts, I just didn't care.
Speaker 2: But I think the artifacts are a big part of Wakanda though, and they.
Speaker 1: Talk about the stories really behind them, but.
Speaker 2: They say they talk about it throughout the movies, like even Black Panther, Like that's one of the first dialogues that Michael Be talks about is the artifacts and how it was stolen from his from his country and all these things. So it makes me want to go back and and like just kind of pay more attention to how how they conserve art and artifacts and power. And we always hear how they are are with the power that that stays in Wakanda and how they want to keep it there and then they branch out. So I think it supports that culture. I thought this, I thought this supported that personally, you know.
Speaker 1: Wrong. Yeah, overall I was trying to figure out, like what was the purpose of this series and why are they doing this? Wasn't Ryan Coogler involved in some kind of way? Yeah, So, you know, I think he's he's earned the trust of you know, people when it comes to the stuff that he's doing because he signed to deal with them. I believe, you know. I think my interest, like you Roy Well, I wasn't interested in it.
Speaker 3: Overall.
Speaker 1: Did enjoy it, but I completely understand the sentiment of Mike and Spike because normally something like this I would watch on television after the first episode, the rest and first the first episode in this half of the second one, I watched the remaining two and a half on my computer while I was working on stuff because I didn't feel like it was when I realized that they were individual stories, I was like, Okay, I really don't really need I don't really need to pay attention all that much into what's going on. They're just kind of kind of what if, Like, like, you're just telling me a story about wa Kanda. Are you guys trying to do this to get us to move on from T'Challa and Chad with Boseman, because they have to figure out a way to do that. So are you trying to just tell these stories about Wakanda and to kind of get us invested in like what Wakanda is as a whole and less on one central character. Yeah, and how the Black Panther changes. Yes, Yeah, so you have to recondition or basically reprogrammers, you know, apparently you know they ain't ready to move on, Spike getting ready to move on, but you're ready to move on. Just I don't.
Speaker 3: I think me not giving a fuck about none of this is me ready to move on because I don't care about these people. I know, I said, like, you know, when Wakanda pops up, it's like, where is T'Challa. I get that they were they were showing old stories, so T'Challa clearly wouldn't be in the right. It was more so none of y'all. The first woman I can't remember her name, but the first woman that gets her eye cut and all that, she was the only one out of all of these people that I found even remotely interested. Yeah, she was interesting because she was like a rebel.
Speaker 2: She did things, you know, unconventionally. I don't even remember who was in the second one, but the Achilles shit, get that shit the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: That that last one with the fools that went and took it from a random place, and the future Black Panther comes. I got to put it back. I don't give a fuck about none of this, bru.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so you liked the first one into the lions Den, which yeah, twelve that was twelve sixty BC. The Door of Malaja NONI sent her to hunt down the Lion. Yes, and then this one we just get introduced to the whole concept and the idea that there are these war dogs. So you liked that one. I thought that was an actually pretty interesting story and just the dialogue he was the Lion was having about what his version of freedom is. You know, even though he was kind of doing the same thing to the people he was so called freeing, you know, by forcing them to comply under what his his vision of freedom. He feel like he wanted.
Speaker 2: He felt like he wasn't forcing him though he felt like that, you know, they were willingly doing it just because of what he did to their on how he freed them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you I mean, that's how he seed it. But that's not what was happening though. He was absolutely forcing them to do it. Remember he tortured to a people. Yeah, he was torturing them. Yeah. Remember he had the he put like tattoos on him. I forgot what the thing we called it with the iron Yeah, he branded them. Yeah, the best one was the first one. I agree.
Speaker 4: I do think the Lion story was interesting. I think the girl was interesting, as Mike said, even the retrieval of what she was trying to get or bring him back or whatever. All of them did work and it gave me promise. I thought it was a promising start, but it didn't stay there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fighting was super cool, like when even when they're fighting on that ribbon like, but it was very crouching tiger. I thought that was super dope. So yeah, their whole fight scene was was was really well done. It's just it's just after.
Speaker 1: This Legends and Lies, the second one with Achilles bro I absolutely do not understand what was going on, but notice this story though, Yeah right, yeah, yeah, I know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so for me, it's like, Okay, it's like they've been around all of these major events in time, and it's like, you know what, Kanda's always had quote unquote eyes on.
Speaker 1: The world, world, world issues or whatever. I'm just saying that's how I look.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just saying like they were present, you know what I'm saying, Like somebody is important as like Achilles in that time and the whole Trojan Horse thing all of that.
Speaker 1: It's like damn, Like.
Speaker 2: I like how they're incertain, like like black technology culture into these situations that they just kind of never you know, might be getting written written out of history.
Speaker 1: And this is the Trojan War in Twelvey BC. Pika is the one that infiltrated the Greek army under the alias of Memnon, who is in Greek mythology like a real character. So so I like that. I like, you know what I'm saying, and all the whole idea of the Trojan Horse. I don't know, I think you know. FY. For those of you interested in the Blood of Zeus series, if you've watched it, Jalen Nick and I we did a review of the third season for that'll that'll be on Patreon. It's interesting because I just finished watching that, and I love Greek mythology. Bro. It's just something about this story and seeing all these.
Speaker 2: Just white people it's supposed to be but that's how that's how I portrayed.
Speaker 1: Though I know this one was kind of whacked me. Oh man, I like this one too, you guys. It started off it started off kind of whacked to me, but I settled into it.
Speaker 2: I started to settling into it, and then when it came back around to what's the girl and what's her name?
Speaker 1: Uh kia Akia.
Speaker 2: She's the one that sent him out on this mission. I was like, oh damn, so they're connected this somehow. So that that actually intrigued me as well. I was like, oh dope. I did like how he ended when he was talking and this is how you say he's been, he's been. He said, damn, there a decade he's been in he's been. That's how he became friends with Achilles, like he's been like his friend. He's really his friend, but he still had to The whole mission was to try to get this relic.
Speaker 1: I thought he was gad Oh wow, I thought they I thought they had a relationship.
Speaker 2: You didn't, well, I thought I think Achilles went both ways.
Speaker 1: I think that's not what it showed that.
Speaker 3: But I do think Ailles was just a love.
Speaker 2: A lot of the Greek people then they were. He's sexually fluid, but I never had any impression that.
Speaker 1: But I didn't see that in this.
Speaker 3: There was no dick of Wakanda going.
Speaker 1: It seemed like he was really bothered.
Speaker 2: Was because that was his friend before he said that was one of the yeah, the coin thing. That's just like you didn't you didn't think they.
Speaker 3: Were fucking.
Speaker 1: Like I want to do this, bro.
Speaker 2: Like the fight scene, the fight scenes in this sh good. They didn't fight like they've been fucking.
Speaker 1: He ain't want to kill him.
Speaker 2: Big Bro took him out pretty easy. He broke his he fucked him up. I was like, if you don't leave this big black ass man along.
Speaker 1: He was trying to tell him to want this.
Speaker 3: This ain't what you want, bro, arms glowing, bro, let this go.
Speaker 2: He tried to tell him, like, I know you Achilles and ship it's different. It's different, bro, And that's what I like the representation of that, because we know Achilles to be a strong warrior and to see that he could be overpowered by somebody from Conda.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, they they're they're putting this in perspective. I don't know. I liked it. Yeah, I like, uh, you know, Paris and the hell in Detroit they had the necklace, so that's why they had to get it from there, which is all this stuff got set up. But yeah, I think the conversation kind of connects to the first episode because but Kyle was talking about like being an outsider and you know, and uh you know, uh Nony, I think I think I may have got the wrong name. Yeah, yeah, I was telling about the dangers of being outside Akia. Uh yeah, Noney was dispatched. Yes, and akiak a kia, Yeah, apologies there, but yeah, Noney was telling him like he looked like her was not her because she got her I got fucked up so she had a little patch in her eye. So yeah, but yeah, but all in all, I I did endoy the fighting. But when this one came that this is why I was like, Okay, yeah, I don't. I don't really need to be paying attention to this ship. So yeah, I left. I was ready to tap out. That was too.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, I don't give a fuck about none of these Greek people. I don't care about this Trojan Horse. I don't care about none of this ship. Like brouh, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: It just felt like, and I get what you're saying, Rod. It is like we we've been here, you know this this whole time, so of course we would be here. But I'm like, man, we know the story of the Trojan Horse. Like I thought I was gonna see something a little bit more, you know, Wakandon same same.
Speaker 3: I thought we were going to see something more with Condon and I thought we were, and we might, but I thought we were going to see something that is a bit more impactful for whatever is about to happen with the films, and again we might but just out of this, I was like, Okay, cool, why do I Why am I supposed to care about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not gonna lie when I saw it was only four episodes.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast where pressing play today taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you would like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 1: You know. We we have the last two episodes to go. So for me, the second is the weakest one by far. Lost and Found was. I did like this one because I like seeing the iron fist, and I never watched the iron fist. Hey, bro, that motherfucker iron fist.
Speaker 2: Yeah don't ye then y'all told me don't, but yes.
Speaker 3: I will tell you over and over over.
Speaker 1: And over do not. Yeah? Yeah, So the episodees picked up at least this one. I really did. I did enjoy this. When we were in fourteen hundred a d and Wakanda field agent Bosha infiltrated Kun Lung to steal a Wakanda artifact. They're from a from a Chinese dragon statue. It can't be taken out, so Bosha took it and went back home. The only thing I din like about I didn't like Bosha's character. You know, he was kind of goofy loof. He didn't take shit serious, which is fine. You can't have them all all similar. So you know, I think in terms of just having a different character. I can see why they chose to do this, but I didn't like it. What did you think about? This? One didn't work? I didn't like it. What did? What did? What did you not like about it?
Speaker 4: I just didn't like how goofy, like you said he was. It didn't fit with the warrior of mentality that we usually see from Wakanda and the people that come out of that. It's just like you say, I could have pay attention to it and just wouldn't. Nothing was like captivating about it, was nothing like, oh this is interesting. It was just like the fights were cool, but that's what they leaned on too much to hold my attention.
Speaker 1: So you know, so.
Speaker 4: You like the fight between with I liked all the from every episode. The fight seems to me with the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just seemed like Mike did It seemed like Washington had to fight to be a what kind of war on? Not to me?
Speaker 3: Not to me? Iron Fish up and she handled his ass well.
Speaker 1: He didn't try to hurt her, That's what I was wondering. But I didn't see any display. I mean, she took out a whole like there, she took out a whole room with Yeah, she beat everybody, and she was like, you could have just asked I gave it to you. But yeah, what Mike said, she beat everybody. She was in a room full of the motherfuckers, And oh guess what I was going to ask you? Was that somebody like, who is it?
Speaker 3: She's from the comics and there are different iron Fists.
Speaker 1: So this one the iteration trying.
Speaker 2: To fix things because there was an Iron Fist TV show and like I said, it was fucking garbage, absolute garbage. So I think that they think that that show hurt the actual character of Iron Fists. So they're like, well, no, let's show you that Iron Fist can be cool.
Speaker 3: And she was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: She was. She was.
Speaker 4: I like the scene where they was on the rails, jumping across the rails and stuff.
Speaker 1: But I'm kind of with you, Rod. I was wondering if he was holding back, and I wish we could have seen, like seen a version of him not doing that. But I don't know what you think of this. This is this one was actually probably my least favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because the same reason Spike, I just didn't I think you too, Like it was just the main character just wasn't that strong. And then and then uh, and then the I guess the guard or whatever he wasn't He was kind of I don't know, just you.
Speaker 1: Don't have the field leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the field leader, even the guy that that was over the I guess the commander, yeah, even him like him just believing whatever the fuck he said, that doesn't sound believable. I was just like, come on, really, it was towards the end when he was just telling him what all happened, like, oh, yeah, ain't nobody in here. He we were we were doing uh, we were doing a well he said, like a mock operation. It's like what he's supposed to believe that and broke everything and like, come on, just fixing.
Speaker 3: The clean up, like and she we just saw her beat up a whole bunch of wakandoms all lie or yeah, that didn't make any sense. Yeah that was too cartoony.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that this was This was actually my least favorite one, but I still like, I still liked it, you know, some of the things with the iron Fists. I like what they did with the iron Fists, especially after they said yeah, especially after she said this all could have been avoided.
Speaker 1: He just asked for it, which I don't know if I believed her, But you know, this is like, you nursed me to health, and I was saying, hey, honestly, I'm just in spot here to get this thing. Well, they seem like the same person, like, oh they both were spas on the agent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they both like are protectors of certain things. So so she didn't She didn't necessarily want to kill anybody.
Speaker 1: She just wanted to ship back. So you would have saying that she would have understood.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, because she didn't care about the little yeah about dragon, So that did make sense.
Speaker 3: I believed her. If you just say, hey, you want the tongue, here have it works the man it works this bike.
Speaker 1: It looked like he did give it to a bike and she was knocked out.
Speaker 3: She definitely got that toe went deep, so deep. But that sleep he was to she came, actually she came. I'm like, you go more than fist. But she nursed them back to health and ship.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't never see a big black man in the city.
Speaker 3: She carried his as back home. I got to see what this is. I heard stories, I heard the black po I.
Speaker 2: Didn't fall dragons and all kind of ship. I don't fall dragons. I ain't didn't see what this is. She was taking a good nap too, she was.
Speaker 1: Anyway. The last one is where it kind of attempts or does connects everything. It was like, it's why we're here, you know, Spike already talked about it. We saw Killmonger looking at the Acts at the end of it. But we have Prince Dafari and Kuda who are on a mission to retrieve the Vibranium Acts from Ottawa during a battle and on. They accomplished the mission, and even this one KAfari Tafari was still sort of kind of he's a child, so I guess, you know, it's fine for going to be a little bit aloof, but yeah, yeah. They get attacked by a Queen of Wakanda and the Last Black Panther five hundred years in the future, and she shows them a vision of Wakanda in ruins destroyed by aliens known as the Horde.
Speaker 3: See this should have been cool because the Horde is a real thing, and they were in X Men and stuff, So I thought this was gonna be dope. But don't I hate time travel. I was like, God, I'm not saying it's the show's fault, but I mean I don't like time travel, so I was just like, why do we Why do we always have to put time travel in fucking everything? She goes back in time. Oh, you got to put the X back where you got to. Oh the horse is going to come down and kill everybody. I don't care, bro, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Like, at least showed me some of the other heroes fighting the hordes, but all you showed me was the horror coming up chewing up a bunch of black women. I was like, this is all you're gonna show me.
Speaker 1: They didn't have that.
Speaker 2: They implied that they fucking took over everybody else. Show me that, b show.
Speaker 3: Me them killing. I noticed the eyes of a con got the eyes of MCU. I get it.
Speaker 2: But I just I never at any point cared about this because I'm like, well, y'all are gonna fix it.
Speaker 3: We know this isn't gonna happen, so let's just get to it. And then the little Prince Doe was too fucking goofy o, my god, and then give me some steaks, like let somebody die. Nobody fucking dies in this.
Speaker 2: Definitely yeah, dropped on you, bro Die.
Speaker 1: I definitely thought he was.
Speaker 2: Y'all got all these fucking gadgets and ship. Why y'all couldn't fix old girl's eye? There ain't there ain't no you call eyes of Wakanda, and y'all took this chick's as there's no fucking Wakandan eyes you can put in her little ship. Y'all can fix every thing else, but you got this one wearing a eye patch.
Speaker 3: That's fucked up.
Speaker 1: Here's a little even get a white man or facts.
Speaker 2: She couldn't get some bond can see a whole bunch of she absolutely could have gotten be behind it. That's fucked up. She absolutely could have gotten fucked up. I can't believe y'all support this?
Speaker 1: Did you? What about you? On this last episode? Spight Uh? I agree with Mike there were no steaks.
Speaker 4: It was I liked the lady that came back and was traveling in the future and was kicking the ass.
Speaker 1: The last panther, the last panther.
Speaker 4: So this is it's like, does this have anything to do with any other movie or anything?
Speaker 1: Just it probably will at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're probably gonna use her at some point because I don't think people fuck with Sherry as a black panther, which id I would rather have this woman like. She looks like a badass. Surrey is all bony and shit, I can't take her seriously. Fucking nobody up. But this woman I took seriously.
Speaker 1: As a halfway.
Speaker 4: So today for me to read, I have the same sentiment about her. But it was because I seen her being like the Little Sister and the other movie, and it never really exactly like it don't need get Time exactly doesn't work that she's the Black Panther when he's supposed to be this powerful figure. When it's supposed to be this powerful figures far position. But now this one, it was impressive that the lady came back. That was about it.
Speaker 3: But you know what, so I agree with you completely about Sherry. I like Cherry, but yeah, the old Sister, but the ship didn't make sense to me when the Black Panther came back in time and started whooping their ass, It's like, why are.
Speaker 1: You just say that?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you just say, hey, I'm from the future.
Speaker 2: You immediately showed up and started beating the ship out of them like they almost to kill you for you to yeah, like she was.
Speaker 3: She was fucking them up before she finally said, look, no, I'm not here to hurt you. You just spent ten minutes beat my ass. What do you mean not here to hurt me? Why do you just say? Hey, you knew who we were.
Speaker 2: You know who we were, you came back to find us. This ship didn't make any sense. Yeah, I know it's comic books. I know it's cartoons. I got you, dude, why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: I saw those things too.
Speaker 2: She could have stopped them by saying, hey, bro, stop no, because that wouldn't panther. They wouldn't that they weren't convinced. But but she didn't even try. She immediately showed up and started beating his cast. She could have been like, hey, bro, Wakonda forever. I'm from the future. Wakanda from the future, and then tell them, hey, bro, I know it's kind of race.
Speaker 1: I should stop doing that.
Speaker 2: I just like their accents beautiful, but it is right.
Speaker 1: I should stop anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stop doing it.
Speaker 2: You just what you said earlier? No, no, no, you just Whattano does what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, journalists, you're just beating the line. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I know I should not do that. I should not do that.
Speaker 1: I apologize, come back and get you.
Speaker 3: I just think their accents are cool.
Speaker 2: Anyways, she could have said, hey, man, you just thought you took stop it.
Speaker 3: Stop it, man, stop and leave it below. He's going through it right now.
Speaker 2: Many will not let it go. They started attacking me over this ship. I'm like, bro, I didn't even say nothing. Anyways. I just feel like she could have been like, hey, bro, you gotta put that right.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: It was a it was a better way to do that because it was confusing, like why did you just fight them?
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She could have just told him, like, hey, y'all put the ship back. It's going to destroy the world five hundred years from now.
Speaker 3: I guess they had they had to have the action, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was good though. It was good action.
Speaker 1: It was good. It was good. I was trying to figure out who. I don't know if that that pregnancy meant anything, but I couldn't find anything. Remember, that's the way she was able to convince sofar that she was from the future. Child, But I couldn't find any connections, so it may not have been any I didn't even think that hard about it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why you show up so late? You showed up late, you know, because she like Lauren Hill.
Speaker 1: Was it cool seeing Eric again? It was at the end. I liked that. People say he's was greatest hero. I saw that on so that was interesting.
Speaker 3: I wish they had just well, he's dead, but I wish they had figured out some way to just make him the next Black Panther. Yeah. I know it's shopping on Shuy.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody was speculating, that he would just be the next They should have just wrote it that way.
Speaker 1: If they did, people would buy in, people would be back. Yeah, it's right there.
Speaker 3: It is like, just make it to where he didn't die.
Speaker 1: Because it was it was y'all, it's a fifty to fifty and it may be and y'all may have a different percentage on kill Manger Black Panther like, Yeah, so it could work if they went that route.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And talking about like recasting Michael Jordan, just making him recasting, it's just making him be the new black same character, but you yes have him learn from his ways that he fucked up. And be like, Okay, I went about it the wrong way. But I do still think that the rest of the world could have with Condon technology. I just did it wrong, and they he could actually work with Sherry and that could have been a really cool dynamic. The guy that tried to kill her brother, she has to team up with him to save whatever. I like you, he ends up becoming like a brother to her. Yeah, yeah, I think a lot of people thought he was going to go that route.
Speaker 1: And yeah he just didn't.
Speaker 3: Maybe they still will. Yes, still, why are they still bringing his ass?
Speaker 2: That's true, very true anyway, But anyway, your thoughts on this last one, I know you were talking.
Speaker 1: No, I like it. I like the last one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was interested to see how the time travel didn't bother me too much in this one, because I'm kind of with Michael on time travel, but like, yeah, I don't know, it didn't feel too like in my face like with it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just it's like, Okay, they're gonna find a way to tie this together. And I have face faith in Coogler, so you know, as a as a writer. So I was like, all right, cool, I'm with it, they'll bring this full circle.
Speaker 1: And then when we got the last I was like, whoa.
Speaker 2: So again that made me want to go look at the other movies and how these relics and stuff and artifacts are so important to the wakanda or whatever, and and then the acts is very significant. So I was like, and I remember him talking about the acts in that movie, so yeah, that was kind.
Speaker 3: Of cool to see him looking at the acts, and we know, yes, that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh ship he had the mask too?
Speaker 3: Who had what mask?
Speaker 1: Killer?
Speaker 3: He had the mask from from the Lions?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah. Overall, the second one was the weakest for me. That's the one I enjoyed the least. I think if I had to pick one I enjoyed the most, I think it would be the first one. And then you know, three or four can be whatever somewhere sandwich in between that you know, it doesn't really matter which order. But I think overall, like it was a fine watch. I didn't hate it, but I totally understand sentiment of like, we didn't even need this shit, why do we even do it? I get it, but also like the fact that maybe they're just trying to expand outside of just you know, and do more Wakanda shit. I think they may need to do that to get people to move on. But I think when it was over, when it was I was like, this is kind of a jagged way to kind of connect us all the way back to Killmoker. It was just like, ah, yeah, it was just like this, which'all was this was the the reason? Like this why we're doing this.
Speaker 3: They're just trying to make it known that Wakanda is very important. But I feel like they've kind of done that. But I also feel like they could have done that more if these stories were more compelling. And I know they tried to go the smart route. Look, this is a Kilee and everybody knows it's a key Lee story. We don't care about Achili bro, we don't care about Akies, Odysseus, oh, Flippy's, none of these motherfuckers they could be. It don't matter. It really doesn't matter that much. So yeah, again, I don't think it was bad. I don't think it was bad. I just personally was not interested in any of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm always here for MCU stuff, so I'm fine getting it for you know, the.
Speaker 3: Trailer made like it was gonna be hard.
Speaker 1: Really, it's just gonna be hard.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't that hard.
Speaker 1: It's a little song. I think as we close out, uh, the release, the way they went it and released it seemed a bit weird too, like they were rushing to release it.
Speaker 3: I thought that was weird too. Yeah, so what's coming out this week that they needed to make room for?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just seemed like if the thought that I was getting is that with some of this stuff, there was like we got this stuff in the tuck, we don'et worked on it. We don't really want to put it. We don't want to go forward with it because people seem less connected. But we can't drop the Wakanda ship because black people be bad. So we're gonna release the kind of ship they keep doing that man, you know. But again I don't know. I don't keep up with Marvel and CU news like that. Just through Jayleen and Nick kind of talking about it so here and there, so I was like, Okay, what's going on with this? So it's almost like we don't believe in it, but we're gonna put it out anyway.
Speaker 3: That's how it feels about a lot of shit they've been doing lately.
Speaker 1: You know, with this one. So but anyway, any more thoughts on it, Rod, did you find Yeah, I was trying to see was that the actual? But I think Jaylen said no. I think that's what he said no to.
Speaker 3: I thought he was saying no to us talking about kill Marnger being the next what he was talking about always sending a little text messages and ship in the same house.
Speaker 1: All right, man, Well we'll leave it there. We'll cut you guys, next sign we're out. Peace