Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of their second podcast, I'm Hot for Eating.
Speaker 1: My name is Mike next to me at Spike. I feel like this just happened, right, negative kid? I am Rod? See you just messed up? All right? Jayalen can bleep that one.
Speaker 3: But there's Rod over there messing stuff.
Speaker 1: What's gonna fuck me up? You know what this? We're idiots. Just leave it they hell with it. Go become a Patreon supporter.
Speaker 2: Man, we got we got all kinds of goodies over there, including solo reviews where you can vote on the solos that each one of us does. The most recent one for me was, uh, the movie The Burning and Big Lebowski, What was.
Speaker 1: Yours this month? Hell of high Water? And previously Baby Driver? And what else?
Speaker 4: Those are the two that I mean just that are coming soon.
Speaker 3: Space two thousand and one Go listener, can't talk about the longest movie in history. It may not be literally the longest movie in history, but it feels like the longest movie.
Speaker 1: Nor talk about it, Jesus, But.
Speaker 3: There you go an hour of Ken talking about this long ass movie. Rob, what's yours?
Speaker 1: Prince of Egypt? Prince? And what was the one before that. Come on, bro, it's one of my favorite all time favorite movies. I know what it is. It's not American history.
Speaker 3: It's a move for love in the move for the movie. I hadn't reviewed it yet, so yeah, man, I really want.
Speaker 1: To hear your thoughts on it. I do too. It is. It is a beautiful film, I think y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all told me about that, and like I said, they saw it, so you should. You should get her to come talk about it with you. But either way, look, I'm telling you right now, I'm personally interested in watching these fools talk about these movies, especially Hella high Water.
Speaker 1: You're what You're gonna love? Yes? My ship? Oh you've already seen it?
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, pull out your phone right now and start recording.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: That was my mistake. I thought. I was like, I got that, that's my ship. I can just you start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sore, you go, man, look see what you're missing. If you're not a Patriots supporter, man, go jump on it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: But today, like I said, we're talking about the Omen. Has everybody seen this movie?
Speaker 1: No? Okay? Cool, So let's I'm gonna start with Rod.
Speaker 6: Rod.
Speaker 1: Had you watched this before, and do you like this movie?
Speaker 3: I've seen parts of it, okay, and I think it was just probably like on TV.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course I know Damien and all that type of stuff, so I know I've had to come across it, but I don't think I've ever sat through the whole thing, got cha, Okay, But I think it was shot really really well, especially for seventies. This came out man like like that amtography here was was amazing. Actually, so I do like that. Did they redo this once? There were three? There were three sequels, then there was a TV show and then they did a complete redo of the Omen with Julia Stiles that was ass and then they did the first Omen, which.
Speaker 1: Was actually really good. Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like I wanted more from a story like this. I feel like it was missing something and I don't know if it was missing like Gore or whatever, like it was missing something for a story like this.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be scarier. I think saying no scary, no more bro.
Speaker 3: But but y'all would think something like that would be scarier, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, like an apostle from hell and shit.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just I felt like it just didn't. It didn't move me like that. I just thought was nice looking film. It didn't move me. It didn't move me like that. All right, So ros are jumping in the ruining the review. I'm sorry, Ken. Did you like this movie before?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's one of the I used to watch all the time when it would come on, so used.
Speaker 1: To come on. Yeah like that. Yeah, I was watching that little fucker ship. If you watched it, you were do nothing though.
Speaker 5: You were you were You're too old now, you know. But when you're watching this when you're young, it's different.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, that little white boy was scary, that little motherfucker right there. Bron the music, Yeah, bro, that little crazy look a little wit nah.
Speaker 3: And and the way he looked was was wasy was cool too, But did.
Speaker 1: He really do kill the mama? Not throw off the damn bit?
Speaker 5: I feel you're right, but I think it's also a product of the time you're talking about. So I understand that's my issue looking at it now, you know, in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it feels different.
Speaker 5: It doesn't hit different for you as opposed to watching it back in the day, so it's it's hard to time travel back to that moment. But I still think for the most part, that holds up. I didn't find any issues with the story at all, but I was wondering what, especially Spike was gonna think.
Speaker 1: I thought the story was fun. I just I needed more to happen. I think I think what happened was enough. I think it worked.
Speaker 3: But anyway, after Spike gives his whack ass opinion, I would get I will explain why not that much happened?
Speaker 1: Yes, Spike, how much did you hate this movie?
Speaker 4: I thought I was going to get to miss this because y'all said y'all was doing it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This was this was this bad.
Speaker 4: When I when I text you, I text you about the YouTube link I found it.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't believe that this was watching it. I thought it was a pair.
Speaker 4: I thought this was a parent because like, Bro, this cannot be this. Oh my god, this ship was it was shot. It was some cool shots seventy six. I do agree with that, but I will I just need it more out.
Speaker 1: Of the story. It was just like what happened? I want? I wanted more.
Speaker 4: They tried to tell this man from the damn beginning, and he wouldn't listen to nobody that you raised the damn.
Speaker 1: Out of your house? You know that sound right? Would you believe that? Yes, come get this little boy. I don't know when they gave him.
Speaker 3: To me, because they told me this little way, I want a melon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will send them to put him on a plane. Oh child, This reminded me of a good son though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's where they got this from, the good from the orphan Do you ever see that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So they they got babies, definitely has no no, no, this is this is definitely foundational for sure, for sure. Well.
Speaker 2: The reason that I think that a lot of certain you know, a lot of things didn't happen is because this came out very shortly after the Exorcist.
Speaker 1: And they and there were a lot of saying which went the opposite way, not really not really going the opposite way.
Speaker 2: They just didn't want the movie to be so similar to the Exorcists because this some of the story in here is very similar, you know, the possession idea, dealing with a child, the whole thing coming from some non US plays. So they just didn't want it to be too much like The Exorcists, and y'all have to remember, at the time of the extras coming out, it was too much. She was fucking herself with with with a crucifix.
Speaker 1: It was too much.
Speaker 2: So this was like a toned down version of the ex So they went more with like atmosphere and like a thick layer kind of overseeing everything as opposed to here's a bunch of blood, you know, here's this child cussing and stuff. That's why Damien didn't really even say anything nothing for the most movie. I think, yeah, he might have said Daddy talking to Satan or something, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I like this movie. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: I think that if it came out now on A twenty four, people be like, oh, not not you know, if they obviously updated the special effects.
Speaker 1: But if it came out on.
Speaker 2: It, people like, oh, this is this is so great, and they'd be sitting there trying to figure out what Damien's a fucking metaphor for. Damien's a metaphor for transphobia. So this, therefore, this movie is amazing, you know. But I think the movie's great, man, I think the movie's great. I think there was the acting was good. I definitely agree with Rod and Spike. The shots were were excellent.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we're gonna get into it. The movie starts in.
Speaker 2: Rome on the sixth day of June at six a m. And the dad, Robert, has told that his son has died upon childbirth and then talks uh, and then I'm sorry. The dad is told that his son has died in childbirth by a priest, and the priest talks him into adopting another child, who he says the mother has died in childbirth. So Robert takes the kid and introduces the kid to his wife Catherine as their own son, which they named Damien.
Speaker 3: Spike was Robert foul for this? No, Robert is the dad.
Speaker 1: For life.
Speaker 2: I thought this was gonna go quick. For lying to his wife about this being their actual song, Yeah, he was dirty for it. You would have done that to save your wife's feelings because he knew she'd be devastated.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like it'll come back up. I feel like we watched the TV show with this happen. Oh maybe we did what a Ladies child died in Rick and he swapped the babies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we just did that. Something. Yeah, her fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I figure, like I feel like that would always come out at some point, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I definitely wouldn't do that. Ken, would you have done some ship like this? To think about it? No? Nah? Nah.
Speaker 5: I get why he did it, especially back then, but I mean, you know, like they needed a way to set the movie up. Well, I think it definitely came back around later on. I thought it was dope, but he never actually verified anything. He just went along with it. But you know, just they believed the you know well they you know, priests and stuff had a lot of power and influence back then.
Speaker 1: So but no, I wouldn't have done no ship like that. Bro. Let's hell, No, I assume you agree with that, Rob, Yeah that way. I'm more so like, how does she not notice one of her baby?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially a mother knows to her child. I don't know, man, I feel like a mother deep thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, did a Google serve for white babies? The babies? You know, I feel you, But I.
Speaker 2: Feel like they're real ugly if they're just like normal babies, they all look the same.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I feel like she should have known that that was her child, that that wasn't really believable to me. So okay, yeah, well next time, when y'all have one, I'm gonna swap them mount and y'all let me know if y'all know it's just a different child.
Speaker 1: I thought it made sense. I could.
Speaker 2: I never even thought about why she might not believe that was her kid because it was a fresh baby. The motherfucker just came out. I don't even know if she saw the baby before they took him off. So five years later, Robert has been has been made the ambassador to the UK and they moved to London and Durmien. During Damien's birthday party, their nanny Holly meets eyes with a black dog and then hangs herself, saying, remember how back in.
Speaker 1: The day rock Walls with the scariest dog, Man's best thing. That's best friend was like a German German Shepherd, great danger something like that.
Speaker 2: I had to look, but uh Man's best friend was it was yeah, and the devil dogs I think were rock Waller. But anyway, she meets eyes with a rock Waller and then she hangs herself after saying.
Speaker 1: I love you, d this is for you. I'm gonna go to Spike last Rod, did you not fun with this part?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm familiar with this part or whatever, So yeah, no, I like, I like this when this is probably one of the most dramatic parts, right cause we've seen the hanging and everything or whatever, and he's like.
Speaker 1: What the heck is going on or whatever?
Speaker 3: So I did, if anything, I did like this part for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, it was, it was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was cool seeing like that happened because you didn't you didn't see it coming, like nobody knew what was gonna happen. She was just sitting and holding the baby, and you saw the mom just get jealous and get this feeling like, hey, yo, I'll go ahead and take this child. H And she looked at the devil dog, and the devil dog toltally gohinga to make that sacrifice, and that's what she did. So now I worked out because everybody was all the kids were looking and stuff like that. They can't turn away, So yeah, I worked So the devil was an adult.
Speaker 2: Yes, the devil was in a bunch of them damn dogs. I've always wondered about this scene, and I always wonder if this was her trying to fight it because it didn't really benefit anyone, especially the cult, for her to kill herself in that moment and say this is all for you, because they don't want the parents to think anything's up with Damien. So when she's possessed by that dog, I've always wondered if this part is supposed to symbolize her fighting it, Like I think that was what was supposed to happen. Is she was supposed to become the nanny, Like she's supposed to stay the nanny and kind of oversee Damien being brought up. But she's like, I can't do it. So she goes up there and she hangs herself because if she's if she does all of this in service of Damien and the cult, then this would only tip off the parents.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm saying it one more time because I'm a little lost.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's already the family's nanny. Yes, So there's one of two options. Either she goes she kills herself to make room for the other nanny, yes, or the dog kind of tells her like, yo, this motherfucking baby is a demon.
Speaker 1: Baby. You got to kill yourself as sacrifice and this was her Or I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: The dog tells her, you have to become this kid's nanny and help us raise the anti Christ. Because it never really made any sense to me that she goes up there and she says, I love you, Damien, this is for you, and then she hangs herself.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she wasn't saying I love you devil. She was saying the actual boy.
Speaker 1: That's what I've always wondered.
Speaker 2: If she's like, I'm killing myself to stop myself from having to become this nanny that raises you into the devil.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: This makes it makes more sense because, yeah, you're right, like, why did she do that?
Speaker 5: I just looked at it as just, you know, just the normal sacrifice that they would tend to make, like he asked you, like you need the SACRIFICEE fight.
Speaker 2: And that's how I but that, Like in that moment at the kid's birthday party and saying specifically I love you, Damien, this is for you, especially the father that should have been like woa, way, wait, wait a minute, what the fuck.
Speaker 1: Is wrong with I agree with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, raise some red flags, right, That's why I've always viewed this scene as that's not what's happening.
Speaker 1: But I could be wrong. So let's see where we're at. Where we at? Where we're at? Oh, dude, I skip apart. We were right after the hanging are you talking about? Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: So Robert meets with Father Brennan, who tries to warn him about Damien's origins, but Robert does not listen, and shortly after uh, their new nanny, miss Baylock, shows up.
Speaker 1: What did y'all think of her?
Speaker 2: Especially the scene where she refuses to get Damien dressed for church?
Speaker 1: You like this?
Speaker 4: This was funny one that neither one of them knew where she came from, which was wild. I thought you ordered her or you ordered her, and then I kind of thought based off the pre scene, did the pre center? That's what my thought in the movie was. I didn't realize that she was. He's gonna be Damien's assistant. Damn there, But the church name was funny and the lady telling them to go get my son drissed because he going all of that was cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she went, she went, Karen quickly, what you like that? She better not just go with the flow on this ship?
Speaker 5: Like no, Yeah, that was good and and I I was with you, Spike, but I think that they did check up on her, right, So there was some follow through once they realized that neither one of them ordered her there, because remember they walked up and like, hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: We where you come from. We didn't we didn't get you here. We don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: No, they were great pearents. I feel like they did that throughout the whole movie. They they questioned a lot of shit. They were like what this dog doing here? Who?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they did.
Speaker 5: That's why she gave me a resume because she was like, yeah, I need to check your references because yeah, we need to call because remember she said, yeah, I need to call the agency to verify that you were sent here.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh yeah, this's cool. Is school you got my references? Yeah? She was like okay.
Speaker 5: But then at that point they were like, oh, okay, maybe you are legit because we never saw a follow through, but which I would have just assumed they probably did.
Speaker 1: And the Agency of the Devil Guy ship sold.
Speaker 5: Up, so like, all right, cool and they The only thing I was questioning now as an adult, is like y'all just gonna let this new woman, go into this room by yourself without you.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: She specifically was like, no, I'm gonna go in there by myself, right, like y'all can't told them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, just best to get acclimated with him.
Speaker 3: No, hell no, that kind of makes sense. That tracks a little bit that I'm not saying I would do it. I'm just saying, well, I guess I kind of done that with like like like like like with therapy and stuff like that with your kids might be I see what you're saying. It's kind of the same because they want to they want to build that trust.
Speaker 1: You can't introduce them first, and they had them all you can't. That's what you're right. You're right.
Speaker 3: So so yeah, in therapy you do introduce. It is an introduction. Then they go back to build that trust with them without you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just me and she was like, oh, yeah, don't worry about it. I got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll just go talk to myself closed and close the door. Yeah, And they were like okay, but yeah, I'm it tracks all right.
Speaker 2: So what did y'all think of the scene where they go to the zoo and all the all the animals like funk this little moment.
Speaker 1: Like some ain't right this little like I'm brown, that's the white person. I'm not saying.
Speaker 3: The monkeys those homies were like, no, this mother, off this car right, I'm sucking him up.
Speaker 1: That booms crazy like that, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: On sight all that part was so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got out of there, But this was at the this was at the at the time when she started looking that for a little side, she was like, wait a minute, why all of them ran away from your ass and now we've been in the tap by some goddamn monkey.
Speaker 4: He looked like he was almost enjoyed it. Tell he looked like he was slightly enjoying the ship.
Speaker 2: The only part that kind of makes me sad because I always say that I don't like watching movies with animals in it, because animals don't know they're in a movie. So when I see ship like this, I'm like, y'all did something to make those animals act that way. I watched a documentary on this movie where they said that the way they got the monkeys to act like this was they put the alpha in the back seat.
Speaker 1: Oh and then.
Speaker 2: They drove through and those bat boons slipped the fuck out because at first they put like they I think the documentary said, they put a baby babboon back there, thinking the baboons would all rush towards the car, and the baboons about that baby.
Speaker 1: That's how that baby going. That's that baby might be the devil too. Y'all take that ship because animals do that. It's tainted. Now, yes, some animals do do that.
Speaker 2: But when the alpha, when they saw the Alpha was in there, those fucking babboons went crazy. The funniest part about it is she was an acting the woman, the mother.
Speaker 1: She was scared as fuck because she.
Speaker 2: Looks it does all those babboons and baboons are fucking strong.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I found that part to be everybody else acting or she was just well there was really anybody from the scene except for her and Damien. Oh that's right, But damn the kid didn't lookle scared of He gets a kid like I'm gonna fuck. He's like, yeah, He's like, it's just monkey's mommy. That now, because I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: If you watch it, you can kind of tell that she really scared. But they said all of that ship with the baboons rushing the car that was actually real. So yeah, so Robert me sweet Father Brennan again because he's like, hey, maybe this little motherfucker is fucked up. And he he tells Robert that Damien is the son of Satan, that Catherine is pregnant, and that Damien will kill her before the baby is born. He also tells him to go to Megio to find some answers. But after this, what happens, Father Brennan, He is killed, Spike. Did you like this part?
Speaker 1: Damn Spike? Why did he stand there and let the thing just fall and killing he? Froz could have moved It was a.
Speaker 4: Quick little slides up too. He should have just said like, oh, he was ready to see Jesus. Obviously he definitely wouldn't try to survive.
Speaker 1: But I thought he was.
Speaker 3: Really he was definitely waiting on his time. Oh yeah, it was. This was tearing my ship up.
Speaker 5: Also explained that he had cancer anyway, so he knew what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That way. I doubt it. That might hurt less than cancer. He could have That's true. He could have gotten out the way, Spike, you know, but he tried. He tried to get in the doors. Nah, he's just stood there. Well, once the thing was coming, He's like, I don't know what to do, moves up. So you think you would have jumped out of the way if he said, Oh, yeah, it took this ship too long to come down.
Speaker 5: It seemed like it because of the editing of the movie, right, that probably was faster than it looked.
Speaker 1: More like this scene.
Speaker 3: The more impressive part about this sequence to me was the storm.
Speaker 1: How the fuck did they do that?
Speaker 3: Just read up on that so yeah, like it was just like broad daylight and it had this fucking storm in the middle of day, like they just filmed a different day. Man, I don't know, because they still had I was really trying to fig I'm gonna go back and see how they did this, because it was really fascinating how they did this, like a whole fucking storm in the middle of this and I'm thinking, like, again, this is the seventies. I was like, what the fuck, it's not special effects because I'm like, how did.
Speaker 1: They do this?
Speaker 3: They timeless like like, I don't know, it was It was really interesting that they never I never noticed it when they was in the field a storm.
Speaker 2: But I just never I never thought about Okay, how did this happen? I just assumed they filmed a different day when there was a storm out because they.
Speaker 1: Used to do shit like that. Yeah, wait for they still do it today.
Speaker 3: They'll still do it today, but they Yeah, it's like man, because they felt because they would have had to film it, you know, when the sun was out and anybody had to do it again if it was storming. But it seemed like a perfect storm.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm gonna go back and look that up, but yeah, I fuck with this scene. Yeah, did it look cheesy?
Speaker 2: Can the fact that you can clearly tell that the pole didn't really hit him?
Speaker 5: Maybe today it does, but yeah, back then, like the way they set it up with the foreshadow, with the pictures and stuff like that, you're like, Noah's coming, So you start to as if you were build anticipation of when and how and what was gonna happen. So as a as a I'm sure I probably watched this when I was definitely under ten, uh, probably much younger than that. I was like, yeah, it definitely, it's it's a scene I definitely remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean when I was watching it again this time, I don't remember as a kid, it being that obvious the thing went behind it, but it's very obvious now. But it just goes to show how your brain changes. When you were younger, that was fucking peak special effects, you know, but now it's like, oh, bro, come on, that shit is clearly behind his neck.
Speaker 7: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: So Catherine reveals to Robert that she's pregnant. She wants to have an abortion, but before she can do that, Damien's a little badass knocks her over a railing, killing the baby. Kim were you said that she fell in slow motion and then she turned around.
Speaker 1: Midair and fell on her stomach topass woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this part also got me too when I was younger, because this little fucker is like ramping up, bro, he's building that energy up, and that little evil ass nanny looking at him, and she just opened that door and this buffaker just moveing. Now you know how she didn't hear that motherfucker, I don't know. And while she was up there, it's a movie this or whatever. But yeah, when she got knocked off, that motherfucker and she was holding and this little scary ass motherfucker just looking at her, I was like, yo, like, yeah she got fucked up.
Speaker 1: And yeah she fell, and yeah, I don't know what what what? What score? We're gonna get Atlantic Spike, Like, I felt.
Speaker 4: Like it was kind of ambiguous though, in the sense like they wouldn't I didn't get he deliberately trying to push off that thing. Now you an't like them come on, Yes, that was don't get me wrong. I would have definitely put his little lass out. But when he was riding by, it was almost like, oh, I ain't mean the clipper, bro.
Speaker 1: He looking right at her.
Speaker 4: He was you know how kids be though, like they can't be like you know what I'm saying, she's gonna fall off the banister.
Speaker 1: He playing with his you know what I'm saying, try something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cause sometimes kids don't realize the harm, like when they you know, the boys can hit you.
Speaker 1: And did some ship that you could hurt like somebody else. I'm gonna tell you what, but like it.
Speaker 3: Could have hurt somebody else, like you know what I'm saying, because I've definitely been some times with dom like God, damn, I'm glad, I'm I'm tough, you know basically, but he tried the same ship with his mom and it sucking hurts her like like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So he's not intentionally doing this. You know what I'm saying. He would dar try to hurt his mom, but sometimes don't know his own strength. So yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Could look at it that way. He would have been adopted. King got off the bike and looked at her holding on. No, I wasn't put his head through the little poles.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought they was gonna do.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you what, in a black household, he wouldn't have did it because before the preference would have been you been not hit me with that guy, he wouldn't even be able to ride.
Speaker 2: But no, I think that what y'all are just discussing right now is the brilliance of this movie because everything can be explained away as being normal.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: So it all depends on if you actually believe that this motherfucker is on a satan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was really cool, did a good job with that.
Speaker 2: But no, this part, this part, every time I see that cracks me up because it zooms. It shows his little head he can through the little banister watching her fall.
Speaker 1: But uh so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Robert meets up with Keith Jennings, who shows him that his pictures have been predicting how these people will die, which I think is dope.
Speaker 1: It's voltimot say again, that's voltimort is it? Mm hmm wow.
Speaker 2: He then accompanies him to Rome to investigate Damien's birth. Is here that they find out that there was a fire that destroyed the hospital that Damien was born in, which killed all of the staff except father Stiletto.
Speaker 1: I think was his name, Stileppo, something like that. Who's in a monastery.
Speaker 2: All fucked up, burnt up, one eye looking like fetti wap. What did y'all think of the meeting that they had with uh, with the priest, with father Father Fetti Spike.
Speaker 4: I feel like it explained it because this is when he talked about the Jewish where it came from, and all the stuff with the cursed spell or whatever it was, and when he had to talk he had the six six six in his head and all this. I think they did a good job of framing the movie for what could have been obvious with the people that were in the movie.
Speaker 1: Well that it was the Devil's Child.
Speaker 3: Get this a little bad as get away from me. No, I wouldn't have to go to the way they.
Speaker 1: Go to Ireland. Well, we knew that it was the Devil's Child.
Speaker 5: The other guy came in and that's funny.
Speaker 1: But U but nah.
Speaker 5: I like that they have found it further. I think they, you know, said hey, this is the devil Child. They saw the devil child. Uh shit happening walk of the Beast and then now we get, you know, this opportunity to kind of die further into what is happening and why, And I think it worked, which kind of set up the rest of the movie from from here and you got friction between the two and ship like that.
Speaker 1: So I think it works for me. What about you? Rod? It was it was fine.
Speaker 3: It definitely could use the further explanation to everything and just kind of when they did, you want like why is all of this happening? And how is all of this happening? And I just I guess the father kind of expounded on it a little bit. But it was good to get more of it where he would need to go, how he would need to to because this is where he got the he heeded the daggers and all of that type of stuff. He gave him the daggers to kill him. So I feel like that, you know, it was necessary. I feel like this part was necessary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I thought it was dope because this was like, hey, but you you can't do it, you need to verify at first trust.
Speaker 1: But verified it on Holy Ground. Yeah, yeah, all that was good.
Speaker 5: And we saw this motherucker flip the funk out the first time he went to Holy Ground, So now like, how the hell they're gonna get this little fucking back on holl the ground. And this was right after the dog scene, right which the dog scene happened later talking about in the cemetery. Yeah, that's next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's next.
Speaker 2: I'm actually trying to remember what the dude's name was that gave him the daggers. It wasn't Father's spiletto. Father's pletto was the guy that was all burnt up? I can't remember there was.
Speaker 1: His name that gave Oh no, no, yeah, we haven't even gotten to the dagger's part. That's why y'all motherfuckers ahead. That's why you're always jumping in. Asked the question, you know, always jumping ahead? Yeah? So father down? Huh? I thought i'd be slowing us down. That's what you said. Which one is it? You got me? I got nothing? You got it?
Speaker 3: So Father's tells him to go to a cemetery where a fine Damien's mother's grave.
Speaker 1: Anybody, what did y'all think about? What was in the grave? I didn't see what was in the grave? What was that grave? Kim? What was in the grave?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 1: This this one that she got? Dark as fuck? Yeah? What was in the grave? His real kid? His original kid?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so it was two it was two graves. First, what was in each grave was fucked up?
Speaker 1: Okay. I didn't know what was in the first one. In the first grave, Yeah, it was it was? Was it a dog? It was a jackal? Yeah, jackal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you and this is one of those things we have to watch the movie more than once. But if you remember at the beginning when he's talking to the father, the father was like, Damian's mother was a and then the first yeah, he was gonna say a jackal.
Speaker 1: His mother was a jackal. Okay, yeah, I didn't see that. Yeah, that's what was in the.
Speaker 2: First grave, and in the second grave it was the carcass of a baby with.
Speaker 1: The whole I saw that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just didn't see what was in the first one because the first one was dark. The first one was dark. But it's definitely it's a jackal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, yo, they killed a fucking kid.
Speaker 1: They killed the baby to make room for fucking satan dog. Bro, that's so who killed them?
Speaker 2: Like the coal Yeah, the cult people must have killed the baby to make space for this, Like this was the whole This was their whole plan. Yeah, we'll kill the kid and then we'll try to convince them to swap this kid out. Because the kid had to be born on June six at six am, six six six obviously, so yeah, this was their plan. They killed their kid, and the kid was born from a jackal and they all, right, man, take this baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which means Spike that you know that their kid was born.
Speaker 1: Find healthy and everything, and they their kid. Yeah you know, you know you don't think this was I didn't know, y'all just explained it. I did. I did not know. You didn't know that was the original kid in there, and I didn't What do you think was in there? I didn't know what that was. I don't know what it was. It ain't no, damn, no, damn.
Speaker 5: Because the thing is, they rarely like kids being killed in movies, right, so for them to actually show that they killed it, and not only that, an infant like a.
Speaker 2: New born, and they either shot it in the head or whatever the fuck they did, he had a big hole.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well Spike was not impressed, so Robert calls Catherine and tells her she has to leave London and come be with him in Rome. But before she can leave, before she can hobble her crippled ass out the bets, Baylock shows up.
Speaker 1: And tosses her out to win them inside of ambulance bro She fu that's crazy, went through the roof and landed on a gurney. That's crazy. Her life is just what the fuck is this? She was over damon at that point. Oh yeah, she was ready to she was ready. She said. She was like, look, don't let him kill me.
Speaker 3: She said that child, child and then she said, don't let him kill me.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is, but that ain't mine.
Speaker 2: So y'all like this part, I did you didn't feel bad for Catherine. Catherine didn't ask for I did.
Speaker 4: Feel bad for it because she was the only one that was acting like she was smart enough to know what was going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the husband was the one that brought that motherfucker, you know, So this is his fault, is all.
Speaker 1: His fault, and that they had the phone on her bad side of her.
Speaker 5: Damn arm the phones over here, her cast here and get the fall.
Speaker 1: She could have helped her out a little bit.
Speaker 5: And then she couldn't even get the thing over. Then she turned around and she was like, whoever was coming together? And then she turned around and she pulled everything off, and that was that motherfucker right there.
Speaker 1: That's a creepy looking motherfucker.
Speaker 2: She asked out the window, I was like, damn. She is the most tragic character of the whole movie. Like she bears.
Speaker 1: She didn't asked for any of it, but she gets all of the violence.
Speaker 4: Robert got off easy, and they kept trying to warn him.
Speaker 1: People kept telling him. Nobody ever told her she might have listened. She might have. She definitely would have listened, especially after.
Speaker 5: He knocked her ass off the She was ready to listen when that motherfucker killed herself.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: True, She's like, hey, something may right. This nanny was fine before this motherfucker showed up.
Speaker 1: Now she hang herself.
Speaker 6: That's why I grabbed him. Jesus look wrong enough, So I'm gonna use that look wrong in them. Yeah, I'm gonna tell my girl that tonight.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: After they meet up with Carl Bugenhagen. That's the guy that gives the daggers. He's an anti Christ exorcism expert.
Speaker 3: His card is long as oh God.
Speaker 2: So he tells Robert that if Damien is the anti Christ, he'll have three sixes on him somewhere, and that he must kill that little bastard on hollowed ground using these seven daggers. But of course Robert refuses because he's a punk bitch. But then my boy Keith is like, well, if you ain't, I got you.
Speaker 1: I'll be your huncle Barry.
Speaker 3: Get these fucking daggers through the daggers and Robert was like, I'm gonna go get.
Speaker 1: Them and he gets his head chopped off. That ship was cleaned his head. Bro, you like this scene.
Speaker 3: I did like this and I was like this this this was probably one of the most.
Speaker 1: Head It was like some final destination. Yeah it was. And they showed it him up fucking toppling bro.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh ship, Yeah, na that that was a good scene.
Speaker 1: That was a good scene. That was a good scene.
Speaker 5: Always getting me is that lady that ran up to be nosy start saching.
Speaker 1: Like nobody brought you over here? Yeah? Business?
Speaker 3: But but now yeah, before that, he was just like, you know, I watched his body every night. You know, I ain't never seen that. And he said he had to cut and cut his hair or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was interesting too. You like this scene, Spiker, No.
Speaker 4: Not like it was for nineteen seventy six. It was some cool special effects.
Speaker 1: I thought so too.
Speaker 2: In the documentary I watched, they showed that this this was like meticulous planning, and it was filmed from like three or four different camera angles because you have to plan this right, because you can't do this over and over again, so they had to make sure they got the shot perfect, and they did.
Speaker 1: I think it looked great.
Speaker 2: You can obviously can tell it's a fake head, but for nineteen seventy six, I thought.
Speaker 1: This scene looked awesome.
Speaker 2: And it kills me every time because I'm like, Robert, you just fucking everything up. Everybody around you is getting got because your punk ass didn't want to listen.
Speaker 1: Now you don't want to kill the kid. What how much more do you need? You done?
Speaker 3: Got bit up by dogs, are all fucked up.
Speaker 1: You can't even walk, and your wife is dead and your did he know she's dead at this point? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: So he knows his wife has been killed by someone, and you're still.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it, you fucking cornball. You kill them motherfuck the kid for real, for real.
Speaker 1: So after seeing that ship, Robert is finally like, all right, bro, this might be real. Let me go ahead and take care of his kid. I got to kill this little motherfucker man.
Speaker 2: So he goes home, he locks up that little punker hass dog and after finding the three sixes on Damien's head like Rodson after shaving it, he gets ready to deal with Damien, but he's attacked by Miss Baylock. Spike, what did you think about how Robert had to do Miss Baylock?
Speaker 1: He should have done a dirtier than that.
Speaker 7: She was.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess I expected that, so it wasn't a big revealed that she jumped out and was protecting him, But I mean she got her licks in on it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't easy out he would he would have rather dealt with that dog. Bro.
Speaker 2: He probably thought she wasn't in the house, or she was somewhere else, or he was asleep.
Speaker 1: Because she was in a nightgown.
Speaker 2: I think nah she I mean, because how did she wake up?
Speaker 1: It wasn't oh the dog, you don't. She was was tussling. He had a tough time, he did. He did have a tough time with her, bro. He finally got it though, but tough time with her.
Speaker 2: He kicked her into the fucking nice gun that I don't know why, but that ship cracks me up every time. But then she woke her ass up and caught him caught him in the kitchen, but actually I left the part out.
Speaker 1: How did this little asshole, no, Damien no to grab the fucking light to shock them? He did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they're going down the stairs, Damien is flailing his arms and he grabs the light and that shocks him.
Speaker 1: That's why they fell down the rest of the stairs.
Speaker 2: And that's when miss Baylock comes over and tries to get him, and he had to stab her in the face.
Speaker 5: The only thing is, how the hell did he Uh, that's a stupid ass dog.
Speaker 1: Why scent? He just walked right past the motherfucker? Wait? What well he thought he was that? He also thought he hurt him too. Well.
Speaker 5: I was wondering if, if, if if Robert went down down the stairs to lure him down there with the scent and then came back up ahead. But all he did was just hot and the dog just went down the stairs.
Speaker 1: I thought he threw.
Speaker 3: Something to make him go down now, was like a piece of meat or something, maybe I don't remember now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to run. I was like, bro, you can't hide from a dog.
Speaker 2: Now, you can't, You really can't. But I thought he threw something down the stairs to make the dog.
Speaker 5: Okay cool because that that that bit motherfucker. Bro, you don't want him after you. He was like, I told you to get this motherfucker out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so they he cast to kill miss Baylock. Then he takes Damien to a church and tries to kill him, but the police show up due to the fact that he's driving like a fucking asshole for no fucking reason, and as he's about to kill Damien. I don't know why he thought this was gonna work with the cops pointing the gun at.
Speaker 1: Him, but he gets shot.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, we see a funeral for him and Catherine, but we also see Damien is now under the care of the United States President and the First Lady.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna start with spikes like this movie. Why how was he under the care of the president.
Speaker 2: Because because Robert was an ambassador. Yeah, so the I guess they felt bad for the kid that he'd been through so much.
Speaker 4: They adopted him. I thought he had finally got to it. I thought he killed the little boy before they showed it. I thought that he stabbed.
Speaker 2: With the little boy say that that was actually supposed to be the ending, really, but they went back and changed it.
Speaker 1: Really, so he was supposed to kill the kid.
Speaker 2: The kid was supposed to die from from what the documentary said. But they went back and changed it because probably for a number of reasons. One, like you said, it wasn't really a common thing to kill kids back then. But then two they might have thought, well, shit, we might be able to get a sequel out this motherfucker, so let's lead him alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they did, they did.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, even though I think that that and then worked because it really showed that that motherfucker was crazy when started smiling, Man, that damn little fucker.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, he convinced me that motherfucker Damien.
Speaker 5: For real, because man, to this day, I remember when he was how I felt as a kid when he's clipping that hair, yes, looking for the man, y'all y'all.
Speaker 1: Had to be there with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was intense, you know, because this moment he's sleep and its just and then you saw it.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, fuck, that is the devil baby. Yea.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that little ship played the fuck out this role.
Speaker 1: I get that. I do agree with. He really came off like a crazy little.
Speaker 3: Kid, and you could tell, like from watching The good Son and I could tell mcaulay culkin like studied, oh yeah, that kid, because I've seen some of the same mannerisms and smiles and ship tell.
Speaker 5: You yeah, and and really he didn't. He didn't talk the whole movie until the end, right.
Speaker 1: He talked a little bit, like said, he said dad a couple of times.
Speaker 5: I don't remember him saying dad saying like the same his life, because that's when he was like, daddy no, Daddy no, and I caused.
Speaker 1: Him the pause. But I don't remember him saying much. He said a couple of things earlier.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a shame. I looked him up and it doesn't look like he did anything out of this.
Speaker 1: So he did. Yeah, he didn't do anything after this movie, which was kind of crazy. Was he traumatized? It might have been.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because they in the documentary they were talking about how he got the job. They brought him in and the director was like, show me you like freaking out and being crazy and trying to fight back or whatever, and the little kid fucking punched him in his face, kicked him in the nuts, went crazy, and the dude was like, oh, you're it damn.
Speaker 1: But then, yeah, the kid didn't do anything after that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't and I could not find any information as to why.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, so that's the end of the movie.
Speaker 2: I guess nobody cares about any of the sequels more than likely, but uh, yeah, anybody got.
Speaker 1: Any final thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't talk about this part, but I do like how they kind of tied the political piece into it, and I guess in the revelation, like how they were saying that that's how he he arise in the political.
Speaker 1: Space or whatever. So I thought that was interesting, And.
Speaker 3: That's actually in the Bible, Like there's bit to that in the Bible that.
Speaker 1: Replies why that happens. But it makes sense. Yeah, you know, look at Barren a little last, a little different.
Speaker 4: He always just the other one that's already in college. I was Barren, you're right, you're right as Barri Are you the one in college? I don't know, it looks funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked like Damien actually an adult.
Speaker 2: All of his kids look like they could be Damiens, all of them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I did think about that. I thought that was interesting. Is this a classic for a reason? Yeah, for sure, this is foundational movie.
Speaker 3: You could tell that a lot of movies like this came from this, like they got babies for real.
Speaker 1: So yeah, nah, this is.
Speaker 5: Nah Damien the name Damiens associated. Yeah, yes, that sits all I was trying. I know it's in the Bible too, but I was trying to find if movies.
Speaker 2: Prior to this referenced six sixty six in that way, and I don't think it did.
Speaker 1: But yeah, despite nothing, damn, you don't feel like you missed out?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I don't like movies like this though I've never seen.
Speaker 1: Or conjuring. You should not have said that.
Speaker 3: Sh they about to get you now. Now that's a movie that I can see fucking you up.
Speaker 2: No, no, No, Exorcist, even for its time, it is a fucked up movie that to this day, I'm still surprised they got away with this ship with a child.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what you said earlier, but I canine what they would have did with Damon if the.
Speaker 1: Didn't come out before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they probably would have made this a lot more violent. But then again, I don't even know if they would have had the idea had Exorcists not come out. It almost seemed like they were implying a little bit that they were trying to ride off of that high of The Exorcist, but they couldn't copy it directly, so they're trying to do something a little bit different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, using kids is always is always good, and yeah, but I haven't I've seen them all, but I haven't seen the second and third one.
Speaker 1: In a minute, they're bad, dude, Yeah, they're bad.
Speaker 2: After this movie, the only one that's worth revisiting is the first omen.
Speaker 1: It's really good. I remember the third one being bad. I don't remember the second one on it. One of them he's like in a military school or some goofy shit.
Speaker 2: It's bad, man, they're they're there. And then the third one he's actually kind of an adult. So but the third one was better than the second one, but they're still not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's better as a kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, y'all can call me racist if you want to, but I think that little white kids are the best at looking creepy as fuck. There's just some about him, like you said, Macaulay kulchin Uh the girl from the Orphan, that little motherfucker from pet Cemetery Gauge, Chucky Gauge, the one what his name is Little white kids, y'all are the best at looking terrifying.
Speaker 1: Little black kids don't look scary. I don't know why. Well, I'm not even saying that I wouldn't even do it white. That's true, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 3: But yeah, gangster, he's about to punch me in the facing on shooting.
Speaker 1: Three years old. What are you talking about? He's a gang banger. I'm sagging it's a diaper lady, chill out, but nah, I think this is definitely a classic for a reason.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised that Spike did not like this, because this is more atmospheric and it's not gory. But to each his own, but they're about to get you with the extissies. Make Spike watch because that.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker will give him nightmares not doing it.
Speaker 2: But thank y'all for did they vote for this or this just the anniversary and Jalen just gave it to us. I think the list okay, okay, well either way, hopefully all enjoy this man, and once again make sure y'all go check out our Patreon. We're putting in some real work for y'all and we appreciate y'all listening. Share with a friend or two, and we'll see y'all next time.
Speaker 1: We out peace.