Speaker 1: And where we go here?
Speaker 2: Anything you have a chance against us, mister cowboy game what you like to do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Play chess? Screw Semer's play chess.
Speaker 5: They give off to Jonathan Taylor, chum cutting its way cork.
Speaker 4: To the goal line.
Speaker 5: He's in there. Put down and why Jonathan Taylor. Waler hines car.
Speaker 4: Here's handiker into the front court, mishandled it.
Speaker 5: Mcgint ady shot, He defends it.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 5: I have never been better to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come true.
Speaker 4: The Ride with jmvy on ninety three five and one oh seven five The fan.
Speaker 6: Cast from Everything around Me Queen.
Speaker 7: Breaking news from the National Football League.
Speaker 5: We have another running back deal Holts. Running back Jonathan Taylor sign a two year extension that Adam.
Speaker 8: Schefter reported up to thirty nine million guaranteed.
Speaker 5: This has been the training camp of big time running backs a getting big time new contracts. B Jon Robbinson was first, Jonathan Taylor the next.
Speaker 4: This is the head coach, Shang Steichen.
Speaker 5: This is Chris Ballot as a general manager, saying that we're going for the Gusto and we're going to reward these players and we're going.
Speaker 4: To attach our names to it. Now, they just have to go out there and get it done.
Speaker 5: That's Jonathan Taylor's new deal right there. I'm going to get into that. You got Tommy McClellan, cute up and ready to go. Lord, have mercy? Please, oh please boy. The maker fans are saying, don't do it. But you know, when you put something on a tee so ridiculously, ridiculously awful like that and embarrassing, then we're forced. We're forced to play it. Tommy McClellan, he is the new athletic director at Purdue, and this was a part of his introductory press conference.
Speaker 9: Every recruit, every current student athlete will hear this message repeatedly. We are here to win championships. If you don't want to win championships, go to Indiana.
Speaker 5: Oh God, seriously, how do you not know? I don't know this guy. He's from Rice. I'm assuming being from Rice, he's smart, smart with numbers. The biggest reason why that he's the new athletic director in wes Lafayette is because of fundraising. That's what it's all about. Now, could you not give that line to anybody, And would anybody be honest and say, my god, don't say that. First of all, you don't even need to address it. It's bad enough that you have the little brother presence anyway, and that's even more magnified. But here's how you can honestly tell that's not just fodder. That's not fresh meat for IU fans. That is embarrassing for Boilermaker fans. That is the absolute worst way you can start out. There are ways that you can be dropped in and win a press conference, and maybe you jack around and you're not any good after that, you can win press conferences. This guy is incredible and I don't even know what to say. There's zero way that anybody heard that before he delivered that line. Why would you even go there? Was it? Mary Odin last week when he referenced AIMI said, hey, look what they did. We all should want to be like that. We want to be like that, We should have motivation to do what they did. You say all the right things. If you're the boiler Maker football coach, you say ridiculous things. If you're the new ad that clearly needs prompting, what's this come down to, is this like the board of directors? Because I always say this when you put a board together or a group, it's always decision making wise problematic because he got too many nerds on it. But that was one of the nerdiest, dorkiest, dumbest comments I have ever heard, and it is going to have a lasting memory. There's zero that that thing's ever going to disappear. The team you just referenced in football won the national title unbeaten, and winning the national championship is anything else. Sisually, you could have come out there and Caleb, you could have said, hey, my name is Tommy McClelland, and I hell I look a lot like Opie Taylor from Andy Griffith, and sometimes I act like a dumbass, And that would have been better than saying that. Seriously, that was like the worst thing you could say, and it makes you wonder why you even go there in the first place. We are here to win championships. If you don't want to win championships, go to Indiana. You can just say we're here to win championships. I'm here to work, I'm here to get started. I got to get going. You know, maybe we have not been financially where we should be, where we need to be to be more competitive in this landscape of college athletics that has changed so drastically over the past handful of years. And then you deliver that and not only do you become the laughing stock and I mean everybody, you got everybody now everybody nationally is taking off of this. You have local politician I mean the politicians obviously just jack around on social media all the time. I don't know what they do. They're either like a fifteen year old kid or like us. I guess because we're always on social media and there are local politicians, no wonder, nothing can get done. These clowns are always all over social media with a whole gotcha thing. And that's part of it too. This is the whole gotcha mentality, and that is a gotcha mentality that fails and fails miserably. We have We have no position other than sit here and make fun of it, and boiler Maker fans are going to have to take their medicine on it. And it just kind of makes you wonder, all right, right out of the gate, who is this guy? What did he say that the board of directors got busy and hired this guy. Why was an assistant at Vanderbilt, a guy that ran things at Rice. And then you come out and you say that, and you embarrass absolutely everybody, And honestly, that is not overstating the case. He embarrassed those that he is going to be working for. You better raise an extra five mil for that bad boy this year or something that is not good. I'm John, thank you for joining us. And that was the new Purdue athletic director with that bombshell Tommy McClellan. Everybody the introductory press conference in West La fiea earlier today, and that's how we get started. Now. I know that Caleb is over there. We were talking about Jonathan Taylor getting the two years and the money what thirty nine million dollars guaranteed. I can tell you we'll get back to the whole McCleland thing. I know Tom Deinhard's going to join us coming up at the top of the four o'clock hour to explain or to go even more in depth than how much of it staying how much you're going to have to work to eliminate that. There's going to be a lot to overcome already but Jonathan Taylor gets two years. I've said this about Jonathan Taylor. Jonathan Taylor is the best player on the team. Jonathan Taylor is the best player on the colts team that has shown little to no results. And understandably that's where we are right here, little to no results. So in one way, I completely understand why you feel compelled. He's your best player. You want your best player here, you want your best player happy, and he deserves to be paid. If there's anybody on that team that deserves payment or a raise, it's him. Forty seven million dollars extension wise two years, thirty nine million dollars guaranteed. Now I look at it two different ways here, and I was I was against doing really anything, whether it was Taylor or Nelson. And these are a couple of reasons. While I understand they're good players and in all of this, they are far from the reasons why results have not been met, but they have been a part of that team. East teams those situations. Thus, to me, in a year and look at it this way, it either is going to be viewed as hey, finally they're getting something done, Finally they're going to win, Finally, they're backing up to talk over ten years or this is going to be a massive lame duck campaign. So I was against the extension of anybody. I was against putting the next folks, the next group in line to take over if this doesn't work out. I was against settling anybody with something they did not want. Now you can look at it that way, and that's how I viewed it. But you can also look at it as well. Somebody's got play and he's the best player on your team, all right, So he's a running back, and you question why running back on yourf team as the best player on the team. The running back certainly has been viewed differently over the last couple two three years than it was. I mean, hell, just like three years ago, everybody said, well you can just go ahead and get anybody in there and run it. It's like the spare tire. You know, lean on it if you need it, but you know otherwise you're probably not going to ride it down the road too much. It's not going to be that significant for you. But certainly the thought process there has changed. Jonathan Taylor he is worthy of an extension and worthy of payment. And you could tell all along, just the way that he has reacted that something was going to get done, because he was happy before this was announced, before this was breaking news, he seemed to be content. But again, you're still a part of a team that has shown no results, and I want if this doesn't work out, and hopefully it does, I'm not going to go into the season hoping that this thing stinks because I want you guys to get finally some return on investment. You've invested a lot of time, a lot of effort, and probably a lot of money in this product that has been middling, if not well below middling, and a complete lack of results. But you guys keep going. You go to games, you're buying the gear, you're going with tickets, and you're hanging out and it's great. And that's that's your disposable income, that is your time spent. So I'm hoping that Daniel Jones is healthy and takes over just like he was last year before he was injured, and that combination with Shane steik And is indeed true, is good, is solid, is strong productive. I'm hoping a lot of the questions we're asking right now are not questions we're asking but you're saying, hey, you know what, I knew it all along. You can play revisionist history. That's fine. I just think right now there's a lot more of a lean on. Hey, what do you do if this doesn't work? Because if it doesn't work, there is zero way you can run this back again. You have to wipe the slate clean. And my thought process all along was just making sure whomever this might be, you don't end up saddling them with unwanted players, unwanted money, unwanted contracts. So I get both sides of it. I do, and I will say this with this particular deal, we'll ask Mike Chapel about this coming up at the five o'clock hour. But when I first saw this announced earlier this morning, my feeling was, I thought that was about as good as you're going to do it. It's almost like a compromise of sorts. It's like, hey, we're gonna make our best player happy, but at the same time, we want to make sure we don't completely compromise what is the longer term future. And that's how I felt when they ended up extending Daniel Jones. Now he's a quarterback, it's necessary they have belief in him, but the future is so incredibly muddy, so I get it. So I'm not altogether unhappy. A lot of people said you must be unhappy because you didn't want to. I like Jonathan Taylor a great deal, and without question, he has been the most consistent and meaningful for this team. I am just skeptical about how this thing is going to go, and hopefully it goes great. And there are reasons behind this, but I've been in the category of thinking about this team, this organization right now, and the reason why these decisions have been made, the reason why they find themselves in this position, is that there's no other way to do it. When you went all in with this group last year, then you forced yourself and your hand to remain all in because what do they call it now in sports terms, optionality. I don't know where that nerdery came from, but I hear it all the time. The optionality, simply put, is not there. So you basically have to live with it. As I've said in the past, you have to soak in it. That's that That's that's where this team is now. So no, I'm not incredibly disappointed about it. I'm not mad about it. I'm not angry about it. I do get both sides. But when this thing is able to start and start fresh, I want there to be a clean or as clean of a slate as possible. I do think this deal gives them that, So that part is good. So Scott Miller just gives me this. This is the lone defender of what Tommy McClelland just said. So let me remind you, being Homer that who will always be a little brother one twenty five and ninety four, seventy seven and forty four in football. Please let me know when they reach one hundred in basketball or that changes. This is the only person that thinks what this ad said out of the gate here, he's okay with it. You can't be okay with that. You can't be the only one. You can be, Scott the biggest butt sniffer in the world. And that's okay. That doesn't make me any more of a Homer. In fact, I'm not a Homer whatsoever. I just kind of recognize what was at fault here. And when you come out of the gate and you say that and you embarrass everybody up there, that's your problem. There's not anybody else's problem. I don't know if you just are tone deaf, or you don't watch sports or what so, yeah you could. I know. I'm just Scott's all been out of shape and I'm a homer. No, I'm not a homer. I'm a realist. That was a dumb ass thing to say, and most other boiler Maker fans agree. I hope that it works out. I hope that it works out. I want everybody around here because I'm a homer. If I'm a homer on anything, I'm a homer for you guys. I want things to work out for you guys, because most of you guys are way too pissy on an hourly base for things to be going that great. So hopefully your sports teams play well. That plays a role in how you feel daily, and this football program has to get going. Mary Odom didn't have a problem with addressing it and addressing it in the right way. The newly charged ad did, and there's no side step in that. It's not the rest of the world being a homer, Scott, it's you and the new ad being completely tone deaf. I would think you would want to be more like that, right, be more like that. Now, if you're talking about basketball, yeah, hey, the basketball program right now, you want to be the consistency of what Matt has been in Wesselife. Yet, yeah, you could say something like that. Really, you don't have to say anything. All you have to do is come out and say I am here to work, and we're gonna get to work, and we're gonna make this thing the best as possible. It is a new landscape and we've we've got to make things financially better around here, more robust, and we're gonna go out or we're gonna go out at hard. It seems to be so easy. Why is it so difficult, Scott, That's all we're asking on a day like today. I don't think anybody's picking sides. Unfortunately, in the realm of really bad things and accurate things to say that Scott is at the top of the list. I think even the Boilermaker homers understand that. And this had nothing to do with the pot being there's no reason to stir the pot because in these recent matchups produce lost like one hundred and fifty to nothing. It hasn't been close. Again. The head coach of the football program says all the right things. Just roll with that. Take a cue from your football coach who's in it and trying to get this thing back, and your basketball coach who has been state of the art and what is an ever changing college athletics landscape. Take a queue from those guys. I would have gone straight to Painter and I said, Hey, what do you think I should say? Right here? Matt? Painter always says, I know I'm a Homer again because I like Matt a great deal. Painter always says the right things always, what do you think, Matt? Like I mentioned, your football coach Barry Odom said all the right things. You just can't. You don't want to start out like that. It's one thing you know, to seemingly fire a shot across the bow of your biggest rival. Okay, fine, well ay it was unnecessary, and me it was ridiculous where you're going to be nationwide clowned. That's exactly what you don't want. And that's what happened today. And there's no way around that. There is no defending that. It's almost like you didn't even know what you were saying. Is like you're a cheerleader and you're just going to cheerlead with this particular statement, and he just don't do it again. All you had to do is take a queue from your football coach or I'm assuming ask your basketball coach. They would help you say the right things. It's bad news and bad news across the board right there, fever letter off to that, the fever and the aces we still are are boarding here is completely nude right here. What we gonna do I'm going to have to I am going to have to give you the gig on this right here. Yeah, put toge you got you got the gig right here? Okay, you got it. It's going to be you from now on writing that up. Can you do it?
Speaker 7: Will you?
Speaker 5: Excitt? I'm down?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah cool, I'll take some more responsibility.
Speaker 5: Responsibility for Caleb right there. Yeah. Nothing makes anybody that's going to be critical about that statement. Nobody around here is a homer regarding that. Believe me, I know this to be true. We're going to be critical about things that go wrong. However, do we want things to go right for people around here? Absolutely? Why wouldn't we? We're any just like you guys are. There's zero way you can't defend that. It is without any d whatsoever. You can't do it? How would you? How would I do it? You got any ideas for me? Right here? Caleb? How would I even begin to defend that? I don't think you can.
Speaker 11: I The one thing I keep going back to is I've listened to this audio all afternoon, just those eleven seconds.
Speaker 5: Well to maker fans just krand shoes. Yeah, it's so crazy.
Speaker 11: And what I would say is, when you have an opening press conference, I don't care if it's an athletic director, a general manager, a coach, whatever, there's ways it's hard to win the press conference. I don't think there's any winning, but there's definitely losing the press conference. Opening press conference like that exists, and this was losing it. And like you said at the open, you're gonna be swimming upstream because of this comment for months years.
Speaker 5: So Jackson writes this, JAMV. I have friends that are Produe fans telling me it was good PR and nothing good about that unless you think good PR is being clowned despite what anybody says, not all good hype and PR's good hype and PR it's just not and that's not You don't want to be nationwide clown I mentioned this, You're not just getting nation wide clown but you got all these politicians that are taking their four and a half hour lunch breaks right now clowning on it too. And all the sudden, you guys are all going to give me this day of produe fans like Scott's giving me stats. Nobody gives a crap about your stats right now. Nobody cares about your stats. That is a line, and that line is going to live forever. Hey, I wish the guy well, but you talk about stepping in it right out of the gate. There's no other way you can put it. He stepped in it right out of the gate. And I'm assuming both the Maker fans would probably, within reason, rather me step away and not talk about it anymore than continue to talk about it. Makes sense. So I tell you what with that, I'll take your queue and we will John, No one's going to join us coming up on the other SID. One of my favorite things about this season so far with the Indiana Fever is being able to be critical of how they're playing, yet also pat on the back when they say and do the right things. Just like Kaylen Clark, the whole just wanting to play basketball and not giving a crap about anybody else's agenda out there. I am here for it. I'm not the biggest WNBA honk out there, don't get me wrong, but I can get behind Caitlin Clark and those statements because that's why we're here. I'm here because of the basketball. I'm here talking to you about the basketball, So what matters to me, and that's what she wants to do. And hopefully, and I'm sure it's not going to happen, but hopefully in the future she's going to be allowed to just hoop and not have to play kate to clown's agendas because it doesn't matter to her. Thumbs up, John Nolan, the Voice of the Fever. On the other side, Tom Dienhard Golden Black illustrated top of the Four o'clock Hour, Howard Jones, musician Coming up in the four o'clock Hour, Mike Chappell about the two year extension for Jonathan Taylor. He guaranteed thirty nine mil good deal for both sides. Did it feel good even though the future is incredibly cloudy? I think I get it. I wasn't initially on board with it, but I think I get it. And there certainly was something behind the fact that Jonathan Taylor did not seem at all concerned about the situation. And after Bjohn Robinson got his with the Falcons, and then there you go. For Jonathan Taylor. There's no argument here. He is by far the best player, most productive player on that team. So that's great. We'll get into in depth conversation with Mike Chappell coming up at the five o'clock hour four pack. We got a family four pack in fact or State Fair Pass is coming up to and on the other side, John Nolan's gonna be with us. We're gonna play more of Tommy. Tommy's first day was not a good one. Tommy had a bad first day. A bad first day, Tommy. Tommy's gonna have to be better. Why didn't Tommy just go to his football coach or his basketball coach or anybody and say, hey about this line. Come on, Tommy, quick win, don't go anywhere. We got a weather forecast courtesy of Fox fifteen nine. I think we need it here. It is.
Speaker 4: The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 6: If Penia Pass is cool, consider me Miles.
Speaker 4: Davis ninety three to five and one oh seven five The fan.
Speaker 5: Nolan on the other side here, So three point seven, this is Scott Miller who was defending and calling me a homer, which you guys all know that is jack ashery at the highest level. Scott, and that was better than that too. I've been around here way too long. The whole homer thing. Man, that's tired ass, and I'll wear you out if I have to hear it very often. I think you're aware of this. Wear you out, So Scott, you're better than that. This comes into me too. Did anyone say boo when Signetti said google me? That was a dumb assery comment, same blank, different day. Don't recall JMV ragging on Sig for that comment. Now, we all thought that he was full of crap. We all thought you got to be kidding me, because at that point in time, i U was a laughing stock. It was a doormat, and he turned that into what it is now. Unfortunately, the new athletic director in wes Lafayette today turned his program into a laughing stock with that comment. That's exactly what you don't want. Now. If he's able to back it up, well, propin and he can back it up, they can back it up. Listen, the football coach didn't have a problem. Matt Painter doesn't have a problem. This is strictly the new Hires problem. There is zero way any rational Boilermaker fan can stand behind that comment and justify it. You just can't. So stop Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. He's the voice of the fever Fever at aces later on tonight, that is John Nolan with us. Hello John, how are you, pal.
Speaker 6: JAMV I'm great, Thanks so much for the chance to you have.
Speaker 5: Is it all right? So the road trip will swell until some late game situations. And again they fought hard in Minnesota. That's a tough get anyway on Sunday afternoon. But all in all, does it seem like that this team has turned the corner to start to become and reached the expectations that we thought were necessary at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all in all, I mean, you're talking about winning eight out of ten and you mentioned the loss on Sunday at Minnesota, and I hear what you're saying when you say it came down to some like late game xuot.
Speaker 6: The issue was that in the middle part of the game.
Speaker 8: That's where they had some lapses and dug themselves a fifteen point hole, And so I came away and pressed that they had the resilience to rally and make it interesting. Got within a couple points in the last couple of minutes, but they had no margin forever there. So all of a sudden, you miss a shot in a critical possession and then it winds up being out of reach there in the closing moments.
Speaker 6: And you know, now the offense, which already.
Speaker 8: You know, everyone kind of was aware of how good it was, now has just gotten to another stratosphere that no one's ever seen before in the WNBA here, as they have the six consecutive triple digit games. No one else had ever had more than three straight one hundred point games in league history before. There probably still are questions out there about the defense, especially coming off that Minnesota.
Speaker 6: Game when they gave up one oh eight, But.
Speaker 8: At the same time, Minnesota has been the best team in the league. They were the more rested teams, so I don't even really want to read too much into that, So I'm kind of talking in some circles here. They recently had a five game winning streak. To be fair for those games were against teams with losing records, So I think there's still something to be proven here for this group, and honestly, tonight's going to be a good opportunity to prove it as they host the Las Vegas Aces, who come in with the second best record in the league, team that they beat twice on the road last month. So I feel like the Aces are going to be as focused as they can be to avoid being swept in the season series tonight.
Speaker 5: A lot of the categories. John Nolan, by the way, the voice of the Fevers on the Andy Moore Automotive Group plotline, I'm curious you look across the board and some of the shortcoming shortfalls of this team fouling too much, turning the ball over defensively. Defensively is still a case that I mean, it really remains to be seen and needs to be better, There's no question about that. But everywhere else those three categories, do we see improvements there at all with this team, especially over the course of the last maybe three three plus weeks prior to the All Star Break.
Speaker 8: Yep, definitely, I think you've been on top of it. The fouling has decreased. They had been leading the league in fouling, had a record rate no longer the situation, and I think actually the turnovers and the defense really almost go hand in hand because you know, look back to one of the games on the road trip that stands out to me last week at Seattle.
Speaker 6: They got up about.
Speaker 8: Twenty points in the first half of that one, and for a while they only had one turnover, which was pretty phenomenal into the later part of the first half, and then all of a sudden, there were like three possessions in a row that they turned it over led to transition offense for that Seattle team.
Speaker 6: Next thing, you know, the Stormer right back in that game.
Speaker 8: Because it almost feels like, yeah, they they're playing at in this you know, amazing pace. At times, it's perhaps too fast for their own good. I mean, on a lot of times it's just too fast for the defense to being able to keep up with. When you got Caitlin and Kelsey and nowadays, I mean she even Eliah Boston can get a rebound and just zoom down the court herself and go coast to coast, just you know, top to bottom. This team full of tremendous athletes who have the ability to run for basically a full forty minutes. But yeah, and I think it's someone that asked me about like looking ahead to the playoffs and again, still got plenty of regular season Ago fourteen games, but it will be fascinating to see, especially in a series type setting. You know, I think the Fever can be better defensively. They've they've shown, they've they've shown the flashes of that, and yeah, I think it will be fascinating to see. And again, I think tonight is honestly, just like last Sunday's game at Minnesota, it's kind of felt like a playoff game.
Speaker 6: I think the night's game is going to be a bit of a playoff feel too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what is funny about defense is a we all like to talk about it and nobody out there really wants to play it. And that's the true story. But sometimes you can get better defensively as a team when everybody around recognizes that the most talented player or the top player on the team gets better. And in this category, I think both Kaitlyn Clark and Kelsey Mitchell, as good as they have been this season without question, can both improve in those categories. And then I think that would help the entirety of the team get even better defensively too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they actually, Both Kitlyn and Kelsey have in their careers of different lengths here for Kaitlin a shorter pro career than Kelsey's, but they both have shown shown strong progress. And you know, of late, especially Kelsey, she's often right now getting the assignment to guard the other team's top score. And that also makes the scoring stretch that Kelsey is on herself all the more incredible when you think about the energy that she's putting in at both ends. It's not a case of just standing off to the side on the defensive end.
Speaker 6: I mean the other day, for example, a lot of time she was having almost.
Speaker 8: A half court pickup point having to get Olivia Miles, the star rookie for that Links team.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I get I at the end of the day too, like.
Speaker 8: Brie January as the defensive coordinator for this group, and the emphasis that that Steph White puts on it, you know, it's not for a lack of detail and the scouting report, and I trust that the team, you know, when push comes to suck, when push comes to shove, that that they're gonna that they will get the stops that they need to to win these big games.
Speaker 5: John Nolan, who is the voice of the Fever with us, what's the expectation matchup wise coming up later off tonight, And again you mentioned the Fever got over and again both teams were compromised the last time out, certainly, but the Fever looked really good. That's kind of the start of the good feel about this team right now. But this matchup later on tonight, a more motivated ACES team. What's your expectation out of the Fever finally being back home?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're exactly right.
Speaker 8: They started that eight and two months of July with a win at Vegas, and there was that unusual road trip that started and ended with games out there in Nevada, and they want both of them. That first one, Caitlin was out for the Fever, but Asia Wilson was out for the Aces.
Speaker 6: Then the second time around.
Speaker 8: Asia was back, and I think Aliah Boston frankly outplayed her. Although, just as I would point out to everyone, you know, probably don't worry too much about the Fever's loss at Minnesota because the Links had a significant advantage in terms of less travel and more rest. That second time the Fever and Aces played, it was the Aces who had a back to back situation. So the you know, these things you hope kind of do all balance out in the end, but the Fever probably had the edge rest wise in that last matchup. But yeah, something that's pretty incredible with the Eliah Boston is that for as polite and respectful and just pleasant of a person as she is, I mean, she's got that dog in her too, so to speak. And so I think around the league, everyone notices that Asia Wilson who seems to just about dominate everyone else, leading the league in scoring at twenty six points a game, basically averaging at double double. But Aliah Boston does not back down against Asia Wilson.
Speaker 6: And even if Asia still has wound up with some twenty point.
Speaker 8: Games against Aliyah and the Fever, they're not coming as efficiently as they usually do. So I mean that's probably going to be the biggest factor in this game here tonight is you know it's a low cliche, but you're not going to like stop Asia Wilson, but you just try to slow her down, make her inefficient, contain her a bit, and Aliah Boston, despite the fact that they share an alma mater in South Carolina.
Speaker 6: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 8: Because a lot of times after these games, like Las Big guess his last game they won at Atlanta, the Dream, They've got Alicia Gray, who is teammates with Asia.
Speaker 6: And college at South Carolina.
Speaker 8: After the game, you know, they're usually posing for pictures and stuff like that, but Alea and Asia they don't post for pictures after the game, which I think, you know, just a ton of respect for both of them, and it's just cool to see how how they really get after it.
Speaker 5: John Nolan with US so tid Road gets started later on tonight, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Mick Tidrow, it's two a days for him right now because as the voice of the ball State Cardinals, I know they've had a camp open up for the football team in Moncy. But yeah, mix got our pregame coverage night starting at six thirty, Yes, and then we've we've got the call starting a Bria Goss and I at seven. Tonight's a prime video game, so for anyone, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's the dark that's the dark board that I'm throwing my dart at tonight where this is going to be located on TV right.
Speaker 8: Probably spare everyone, you know, the hassle of figure in that out and tune in radioized or you know, if best of both worlds get the get the ratings up.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you this, John, you may be too young for this. Were you around when TV Guide was here?
Speaker 8: Yes, and you know what, Actually, I am of an age as a little kid. I remember a getting so excited when TV Guide would print the NFL schedules around this time of year, and I would hang on to the copy of the TV Guide that came out in August or Labor Day whenever it was, and that was literally how I would track what the NFL schedule was.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you it's gone now, and it's been gone for a number of years, but I'd say it is more necessary right now. You could have an online version of TV Guide because there is so much crap and frankly, nobody out there knows where to go immediately, and the TV Guide would allow you to know where to go, whether it's a document in your hands or something on your smartphone or your smart device. I think we need TV Guide again, maybe an expanded role for TV Guide. Would you agree?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: This might be a conversation to take off wine because I want to, you know, put too good of an idea out there for somebody else to be able to capitalize off of. But in the meantime, speaking specifically of Fever and figuring out where to watch or listen and thankfully it's easy and listen column because it's just tuning in right here as anyone is right now. But feb Basketball dot Com does spell out where every game is to watch, and yeah, admittedly, I mean I utilize that.
Speaker 6: Feature because oftentimes game to game it is it is changing, which.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day is a good problem to have for the league because, uh, the combination of you know, expanded coverage of local broadcasts and then definitely nationally for the Fever with the popularity and the fact that, yeah, there are more networks out there that want to be given the the WNBA exposure.
Speaker 6: So I'm with you.
Speaker 8: It is annoying to some degree, but ultimately it is a good positive thing for the Fever and the league.
Speaker 5: A night, so you want a steakout right now? I just notice you're sitting in your car. You look like you're on a steakout or something. Are you like twenty one jump Street. What are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm on a steak out for a cup of coffee to get get some caffeine here ahead of tonight's game.
Speaker 5: All right, Jed, well go to it right here. You got your us TM USA jersey, your Rockets too.
Speaker 8: I threw on a Tamika Catching's USA basketball jersey because in case anyone missed it, it was announced earlier today that next month. This is a weird thing, but foeba Women's Basketball World Cup every four years takes place during the WNBA season. I think actually going forward they won't interrupt the season anymore.
Speaker 6: But you know there's going to be a break.
Speaker 8: In the fever schedule the first two or so weeks of September. But yeah, congratulations to Caitlin and Aaliyah. It'll be their first time on the senior national team. And for that matter, steph White's going to be an assistant coach for the squad.
Speaker 6: So yeah, everyone who loved the World Cup.
Speaker 8: Men's soccer wise, you get a chance to break out the red, white and blue again in a few weeks.
Speaker 5: See Coach of the Month Stephanie White. How about that. I've been fighting that battle all year long. So that really makes me feel good, right there, No.
Speaker 6: A man, Stefan.
Speaker 8: I think it's a good reflection of the entire coaching staff that the Fever have.
Speaker 6: I mean they.
Speaker 8: Deserve something of special award and reckonize.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I'm more about the reflection it is on me. I feel good about myself. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it's a reflection of you two for all the nonsense that they have to deal with at times.
Speaker 5: Nonsense indeed beyond that.
Speaker 8: Though, yeah, I mean coaching this team to putting up unprecedented numbers and winning games at the end of the day and really really happy for them to get get some love.
Speaker 5: Like that, You got it. John Noleen's the voice of the Fever. Later on tonight is gonna lead you at six thirty. They're gonna tip that thing at seven, the Aces and the Fever and John right here on ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan. I appreciate you, brother, get that coffee. Thank you.
Speaker 6: J MV yep talk so buddy.
Speaker 5: John Nolan, Voice of the Fever. He looked like he was on a steakout. You ever see that movie stake Out from nineteen eighty seven. Richard Dreyfers and Emilio Estevez. Gonna add it to the list. Holy crap, that's a good movie right there. That's a good one. Steak Out. It's a sneaky good one. You don't normally think about it, but it is sneaky good. A cop duo drama, well done. Little comedy in there too quick one will come back. You guys want me to call Tommy mccolland Opie. I don't want to get into name calling, all right, but it was a significantly bad first step, especially when we have resources around you that can help. I don't know who helped him cobble together that with that particular line, but never ever ever go back to them again if you did have help quick, When we'll come back. We got Tom Deanheart Golden Black, Top of the Hour, Howard Jones musician friend of mine, coming up in the four o'clock hour. Mike Chapel on Jonathan Taylor's extension two years thirty nine mil guaranteed for the Colt's running back. You down with that quick, When We'll come back with you?
Speaker 4: Next? The Ride with JMV Are You ninety three to five and one oh seven five The Fan, The New New.
Speaker 5: Ad comments Tom Deanhart's going to join us to talk about that. Coming up at the top of the hour. Howard Jones, one of my all time favorites in a spectacular Dude is playing at Everwives. Coming up tomorrow night. It's Howard Jones, Wayang Chung English beat and modern English. I'm going. You guys are all going going, Hell, We're all going, and Howard's going to join us coming out later on in the four and a two year deal an extension thirty nine mill and guaranteed cash for a guy that deserves it. But was that the right move longer term for the Colts. Mike Chapel talks that up coming up at the five o'clock Yellar, that's Caleb. I'm John, don't go anywhere. We're back after this.
Speaker 4: The ride with JMV. It's called sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries.
Speaker 6: It's quite pungent.
Speaker 4: Stings the nostrils ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 5: Jonathan Taylor got an extension earlier today. Colts fans down with that. I'm assuming most of you are uh three thousand, twenty six rushing yards thirty two tds on just over or should say under six and a half or six hundred carries in the last two seasons. So at forty seven mil is what the extension is worth two years thirty nine million dollars guaranteed. Most Colts fans seem to be happy. I presented my argument as to why I would not dedicate anything past this year, because you're about ready to if things go haywire. I'm assuming wipe the slate clean. But I will say in terms of putting money on, he doesn't turn thirty, so you're not compromising anything in the world of a third extension. I think this is pretty good, or as good as you can ask for to keep everybody happy, I guess, including me. So I do get that. I get that aspect of it. He's the best player on the team. Does he deserve to be paid in that fashion. Absolutely. However, you're the best player on the team with the team that has shown over this time little to no results, and given the circumstances, I think everybody out there could understand why you want to approach this cautiously in terms of further down the road. But I think that's something something we can can live with. But I said that about Jonathan Taylor, I said that about Quentin Nelson, and nothing against these guys, but the results haven't been there, and you just don't know how much longer everybody around here will, for lack of a better description, be around here. Howard Jones, friend of the show, is going to join us, coming up a little bit later on of the hour, Mike Chapel more on Jonathan Taylor on that extension coming up after five. But on the Andy Moore Automotive Group popline, it's been somewhat of a compelling day. I'm assuming in Wissel have he yet from Golden Black Illustrated. It is our good friend Tommy d Tom Dean Hart joining us. So what of the introduction of new athletic director Tommy McClellan today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I guess he's gone viral for probably all the wrong reasons. Right in the moment, you know, I was sitting on the front road, John and when he uttered that, you sort.
Speaker 1: Of kind of did a double take and kind of wondering.
Speaker 12: If you really heard what you thought you heard, not sure if he was really trying to kind of do his signetty and poke the bear poke your rival or not, or or if he just wasn't aware. I guess I use national championship pedigre either way, kind of a dubious way to get started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be tough to live down, is it not? When he gets started in this fashion, Tommy.
Speaker 12: Think about this. I mean, Kurt Signety doesn't need any more few for his fire, right. What's been the combined score of the last two bucket games? I think pre scored what three points this year the games in Bloomington. So again, needless to say, he doesn't need any more motivation to.
Speaker 1: Really get fired up. And I can throw this log on the fire.
Speaker 12: So I know the bucket games along the way away and and what the heck? Uh you gotta be you gotta like the moxie, and and I guess the motivation of the new A D Tommy McClellan here that to come out and say something like that in his opening press conference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there probably would have been better ways to go about it. I'll give you a great example. I thought Barry owed him big ten media days. I thought he handled it great, saying, Hey, this is who we want to be, this is where we want to reach we want to do these things too. And I'm assuming Matt Painter probably would have had better advice in dialogue as well. It didn't seem like that maybe Tommy practiced that speech on anybody in particular before he gave it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should have maybe ran it by somebody.
Speaker 12: And you know what I get it, John, I'm sure everybody produced tired of being asked about Indiana, tired about you know, why can't we be in Indiana? Can you ever have success like Indiana? On and on it goes, right, But like you said, there are certain ways to handle that and tip your hat. You gotta tip your hat to what they've done in football. It's just been incredible, one of the greatest stories in sports history, not just college football history, but sports history.
Speaker 1: What they've been able to do in just two short years.
Speaker 12: And that run last year, John, to go sixteen to zero multiple playoff games against that run of teams was one of the probably better runs in the history of the sport as well.
Speaker 1: So you just tip.
Speaker 12: Your hat and then move on and like you said, that's that's a place we'd like to be one day, and then just change the subject. And if you're not asked about in Indiana. Certainly, don't bring him up right, just you're you're better, always better off in life, just taking care of yourself and not worrying about everybody, at least at this stage if you're pretty especially.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what's funny when when Signetti did that, if you're going to make a comparison to you know, I win, google me whatever what I mean he had one Google him and just at a much lower level. At the time, people thought, all right, what do you had to lose in this case? You know, what you're doing is is kind of nationwide clowning yourself. And the program doesn't want to be clowned. The football program in this case does not want to be cloud anymore than it has been on the field. That's what you're trying to make up for. You're trying to create a better environment for it. And yeah, there are ways to start, and you can start like Signetti. And obviously he backed up. Nobody thought he was going to at the time when he said that. I remember him keep being Tommy on the show, and hey, everybody was going, what are you doing? What are you saying? But he had really nothing to lose because nothing had ever really been done with that program. Unfortunately today it went mast askwards in wessel Offe he had because you just ended up being a nationwide side show, which is exactly what you don't want.
Speaker 12: Yeah, from corner to corner, from coast to coast. When you look at social media, you scroll through your Twitter, you see everybody chiming in on it, and like I said, all the wrong reasons to go viral. And you know it's too bad, John, you know, Otherwise, I thought thim McClellan did a very good job today, right. I thought he handled himself with a plumb, had a good message to deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Field the most every question.
Speaker 12: Well, but unfortunately, unfortunately, you know how things go. It's that one one area that everybody's going to focus on, just like in our life, right weekend of the Greatest Life, and we make that one mistake in life and that seems to define out.
Speaker 1: So again, this is this is.
Speaker 12: Sort of a in one way, sort of a microcosmo.
Speaker 1: That's unfortunate for Tommy.
Speaker 12: Like I said, he seems like a good fit, a good guy for Prdue but just just uh, you know, I'm missed up that I'm sure he's going to regret hindsight and you kind of hope maybe over time this sort of dissipace, but right now it's it's it's been blasted, like I said, from from coast to coast, especially on social media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that was a scripted material, to which I mean, I think it's one thing where you just go, you say that, oh man, that was in the moment off the top of my head. But that being on the script wasn't great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was scripted.
Speaker 12: And yeah, like I said, it be kind of nice at some point to talk to him. I don't know, Yeah, I kind of want to hear from him. Yeah, this has become the story unfortunately right in a lot of ways, reached a very big part of the story of today.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: And it's almost you kind of wonder what the thinking was, well, what his intent was in that in that uh, in that statement. So here we are talking about it, like I said, and it's uh, just sort of a misstep right out of the gate for the new pre athletic director.
Speaker 5: That's Tom Dean Hard of Golden Black Illustrated. So what do you expect out of him outside of putting his foot in his mouth in this introductory press conference today?
Speaker 12: Finding new streams for revenue. That's that's kind of the bus the buzz phrase now right. You know, we met with Mike Lebenski last Monday and we asked him what the next marching order would be for the for his credit for his successor and finding new revenue streams, that's the big one. We see uniform patches become one of those sources of revenue and and you.
Speaker 1: Have to be creative.
Speaker 12: I think he's going to look for ways to use ross Aid Stadium and Mackie Arena outside of just pre exclusive sporting events, whatever it is. You know, he's done a good job raising money in finding rev these streams at places that don't have a lot of athletic built in advantages, like Rice and like Varider Building in particular. So he's used to challenges, challenges, and he's used to raising money. He's been very good at raising money and that seems to be a big part of anybody's job in athletic administration.
Speaker 1: Today. John is raising money.
Speaker 12: For the continuing rising cost of He's putting these rosters together from year to year because you know the price is not going down.
Speaker 5: How do you do that? What do you think the protocol is going to be a produe to do that. And have they been late to the game of really truly getting on board or is this kind of the situation with the hand they were dealt when NIL became so prevalent as it is now, it's kind.
Speaker 12: Of hard to tell what numbers are real and really who's doing what. Everybody here kind of gets the sense produce is maybe a little bit behind the eight ball if I'm being honest, if you ask most people, I think the basketball team has been taken care of a lot of times. We're told, well, the Perdue alums don't have a real appetite for for n I L. But everybody has an appetite for winning, right, And uh, there's like I said, they sure to support that basketball team with N I L. You never hear about player of defections and a lot of that's Matt Painters, just mojo and chemistry. He's really built quite a you know, the corny family atmosphere, but it's legit. And but again, like I said, my point being, they've been have to retain their basketball players. Pretty has retained one football player the last three or four years that that another school wanted will help you know, Dilan Thienemann, Max Claire, Nick Scorton, on and on.
Speaker 1: It's gone pretty.
Speaker 12: Much every pre football player that has some of the bigger school wanted they got and Prey couldn't keep them.
Speaker 1: That's tight.
Speaker 12: He's got to got to turn and uh at some point, what comes first a chicken of the a.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to pony up and try us in your coach.
Speaker 12: Increase the funds because again you hear some of the offseason talked forty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Rosters of being built.
Speaker 12: Right now, John Prdue can meet the rev share max right twenty two million, but it's that next level, the nil money that really separates these programs.
Speaker 3: It seems like.
Speaker 5: Tom Deanot of Golden Black illustrated before I let you go, what's your expectation for Barry Odam and your number two up there? And I guess your expectation and the fan base expectation because you would expect I would guess a lot of growth in your number two. Is that what we're going to see?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's a little more stable this year. The roster there wasn't as much turnover. I think the coaching staff's been tweaked in a positive direction. I am told ticket sales are down. I'm not sure how down they are, but they are down. It's going to be very interesting to see, John, when you're Indiana State Sycamore's rolling here on September fourth, right in night.
Speaker 1: What the crowd looks like.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then next week for a game at High and Union against wake Forest. Two huge games. And as far as the expectations, you know, Las Vegas has set the overruner win total at three and a half. You're going to take the over or the under, and I think right now I'm still inclined to take the under.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at three and nine.
Speaker 12: And if they lose that Wake Forest game, boy, the hill got that much steeper. So three and nine, four and eight I think would be progressing. You know what, two would be progressed, John, don't get totally wiped out by Notre Dame in Indiana.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would. Yeah, just a lot of character builders going on right there. And you know what, Tommy and closing here, it's easier said than done considering what's transpired with your biggest rival in the past two years, and that also gets stacked on top of you and you know. That's that's the part of this whole deal.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and they got an ordered dame to the north and Indiana the south now too of the what top five programs in the nation and produce just trying to be that little train that could and and get its head above the water and just get the respectability.
Speaker 1: They'd pray to.
Speaker 12: Go six and six at this point. So the challenge is mighty for Barry. You owed him and company, and uh, we'll see what he can do. And he's gonna need all the support and all the resources that his new boss, Tommy McClellan can give him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe he should have said Indiana state instead of Indiana. I think that was on the script.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 12: It's incredible, man again, and it's just unfortunate. That's that's gonna be the fining moment from this press conference. And Tommy's got to own it.
Speaker 5: Man, he does. I'd be curious to see how when he gets asked the questions, how he responds to that.
Speaker 4: Tommy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would say a lot.
Speaker 12: And sometimes you're better off maybe just admitting you man, you always you're always better off. I think admitting you made a mistake instead of doubling down on things.
Speaker 5: Oh well, we all come up with jokes or cray that don't go over very well. We have to double back and say, hey, you know that was my attempt at being funny.
Speaker 12: Yeah, instead of trying to justify it or talk your way around and I think you're better off sometimes just own it and say, look, I probably shouldn't have said what I said. It was a misstatement, and you know, respect, We respect Indiana and and we look forward to.
Speaker 1: Competing with them in the fuse. Just keep it generic and uh.
Speaker 12: But then again, you don't want to continue to breathe life into something.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 12: The more you keep bring you breathe life into and it continues to live. You know what the news cycle is like.
Speaker 1: Things.
Speaker 12: Things move off our radar quick, John, They move off our radar quick. I'm not saying this, well, it's always gonna be in the back of mind of Indiana fans are pretty fans, but it moves off the national radars quick. And we went from Diana Russini being the hottest thing in America to whatever's next. And and that's again, our attention SPAN's gonna be very fleeting in social media age, especially.
Speaker 5: Wow, what a crap water world you just described right there, we live. That's a part of it. Thanks Tommy, Thanks for justifying the crap water we're in right here. Thanks Pal, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll be talking.
Speaker 5: That is Tommy d tom Deanhard of Golden Black, illustrated on the Andy Moore Automotive Group hotline. Evidently John Nolan and I actually it was me. I'll give John a little bit of credit because he played off of it. I've got a lot of people telling me that there needs to be and they would be down with a rebirth of an expanded TV guide. Yeah, I mean for everything too. We have no idea what the hell's on out there. I know that all you have to do on your TV guide on your TV is just like scrolled down. But what if you had something that showed absolutely everything in the fashion in which we wanted immediately. We don't have time to jack around and wade. We have zero patients or no tolerance whatsoever. I'm not just talking about sports here everything. Why has the TV guide not re emerged? They don't necessarily have. It doesn't be a hard copy. I love the hard copy stuff. Yeah, right there on your phone just boom, there it is. This is what's on every channel in existence, every streaming device in existence, all this crap where we just don't know. And this goes well beyond tonight. Right, So the Fever and the Aces are on Amazon Prime every single week. We're throwing darts at the dark board. Hey, I don't We're the Fever play here or there? I on the channel thirteen? Where are they? And this is always me? How can I find w Antonelli, because I'm the biggest w Antonelli fan out there? How can I find wi Antonelli TV guide, TV guide for the sports, TV guide for what's on the satellite, what's on the cable, what's on the streaming devices? Why not? Then maybe an article or two in there? Why not? I don't think that's a hell of a plan right there.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: The thing would probably be like war in peace if you end up having it, right. I don't think they even have Are there even any magazine? There are no more magazines right at the grocery store. I think it's all candy. I don't know, it's all candy and gum. I might push back on the bars. I don't believe there is I don't believe. I do not believe. Whether we're talking about a Kroger who does not advertise and that pisses me off, Kroger may or they don't either that should piss me off. Any of our are grocery stores and the Walmarts, the Costco, the dollar general stores.
Speaker 11: I was gonna say none. I like, I will say this, I don't think. I think in the past couple of years, past ten years, sales of like gum, candy and like those magazines you see in the grocery store line have gone down because why because what are people doing when they're standing in line at the grocery store, looking at the phone, looking at the fune So you used to look at like, oh, there's the bubbleshes bubble gum and the juicy fruit and the big red and the spearman.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna you don't do that anymore.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So sales for like gum and stuff are going down because I are not going down, but they're not what they used to be.
Speaker 5: I don't think there are magazines there anymore.
Speaker 11: I would like somebody to chime in and side with me on this because I think, okay, well.
Speaker 5: Well, Nick says, right here, we have a blankload of magazines that are crow grow over here, al West, come on? Maybe so so they still have like the Sun and there Inquire and all that stuff. The demise of magazines was well the issue. I can't remember the last time I went through a line with a human being. I'm checking this stuff out of myself right right.
Speaker 11: I went to a Crowner the other day, John, they had this robot patrol in the aisles.
Speaker 5: Yes, what's it called. I forget It's called Tappy or tippy Tally. It is Tally Tally. Tally's up the inventory. I mean it's I walked it has Tally ever bumped into your stop sidling on me? Tally, I'm just looking for the protein bars right here, and Talli's up my rear end trying to find out exactly what type of inventory they have in this aisle. Take it easy, Tally. What's what's worse? Tally? Or the person that's riding the floor cleaning machine, or or or the shopping for those that are picking up the groceries.
Speaker 11: Oh, like an online order and the online those people those people are, they're they're rambunctious right there.
Speaker 5: They will run over your ass if you're not paying attention. And those big carts are heavyweights.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yes, like a families of five six people trailer rolling down the aisle. Right there, have no regard for your existence and that I get out of the way. I'm shopping for somebody over here in Sina Grove. I'm shopping for somebody in Aberdeen. Get out of my way. I'm gonna say, Talley's still the worst. They got to have their Oliver Winery, right, I'm Aberdeen. I got a shop for him. Get there, beautiful. I don't even know if like CVS or Walgreens, I'm assuming they still have magazine racks, right, Yes, you know the one thing that I do love. And Phil Steele's going to join me coming up tomorrow college Football Preview and he is the guy. So Phil is going to join us on the show coming up tomorrow. But I was thinking about this. The college football previews are still the only magazines I think I would find myself buying. I just like having the hard copy. And I know that's that's toilet time, right, but I do I missed the toilet time editions of magazines because I had the college football in the college basketball the NBA, the NFL previews, the Playboys. Entertainment Weekly was a big deal. Back in. The Entertainment Weekly was right there next to the toilet.
Speaker 11: No more, though, Now you're on phone scrolling TikTok or phone man. Oh wait, no, you don't do TikTok.
Speaker 5: That's right, you know sometimes I do. Oh, I did it last week. Well, Jason Hammer of ninety three w IBC, they're right across the hole now doing hammer in Nigel. He makes some stuff for the jamb takeover. Then he made one with me and the former Barker's Beauties from the Price is Right, and I put that on TikTok and put it through the whole AI thing and it's got me dancing with Diane Parkinson and all them. So yeah, nice, Yeah, it's gotta be kind of dancing with him. But Hammer puts that together. He's got one to me and Kevin Bacon and Footloose that I want to unleash on everybody this weekend. Hammer's really good at that stuff. I'm not good at that whatsoever. Anyway. Tom Dean Hart, Hey, listen, Boilermaker fans. The good news for this it will go away. The bad news is it will re emerge and probably will not significantly ever go away, but it is going to be a very tough start when especially all you had to say is hey, I'm here to get to work. I'm here to make the programs better, and especially football. We've got a lot of ground to make up, a lot of ground to cover. I am here to do just that. One of these days it will go away. Unfortunately, today is not one of those. Tally. I like tally. Tally reminds me, do you ever want saved by the bell? Screech had a robot back on Saved by the bell that like walked around to tally reminds me of Screeches a robot tally. They all have tallies. Don't know how many tallies they have. For Kruger, I have to find out the tally mom, I just kind of loose Caleb. I'm John Howard Jones going to join us tomorrow night. Everwise amphitheater. You have Wayang Chung, you have modern English, you have the English beat, and you have Howard Jones. It's going to be a great time. We're all going to be there together, and Howard's going to join us. I think he phones in coming up here fifteen till the top of the hour. Mike Chapel. The two year extension basically thirty nine million dollars in guaranteed cash for the colt's best player. Who deserves that. But are you down with it or do you think? Hey, you know, no longer term decisions being made after this year because of the situation this team is in. Screech's robot was named Kevin. You're not what saved by the bell?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 5: Are you too young for saved by the Bell?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 5: I think so. That's incredible right there, too young for saved by the bell. That's like two generations for me, right there, quick one. We'll come back again, Mike Chapel, Howard Jones, Phil Steele's going to join us coming up on tomorrow show. I think Pat Sullivan's back in studio as well. And I believe the State Fair starts tomorrow, Speaking of which, a family four pack of tickets will give away before the end of this show. Don't go anywhere. We've got a weather update. Curtesy of Fox fifty nine. Right now ninety three seven five the Fan the Ride with JMV.
Speaker 6: Thank you for your support.
Speaker 4: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan, Eliah Boston, Caleb Clark, Asia Wilson battle later on tonight, the Aces and the Fever, three of the major components announced earlier today.
Speaker 5: This is something that John Nolan referenced to our number one Team USA announcing the twenty twenty six FEEBA Women's World Cup roster. Those three that you will witness later on tonight at the field House. They will be a part of it too. Pretty stack team Kelsey Plumb since traded to uh the Mercury. Did I notice that she's like scoring in buckets right now? Speaking of not scoring in buckets, I think, Caleb, after last night and Greenwood Christian, it is time for the older gentleman through the glass, sitting here in this seat to take a bit of a rest. I think I've got a rest.
Speaker 11: Words that never maybe I know what You've never uttered those words never anything ever. But I think history play the breaking news seven times in.
Speaker 5: The last eight days. I think I'm kind of warned of the nub a little bit here, I do. I called you last night and I could just hear it in your voice. I was cussing. I was cussing, and Greenwood Christian too. I shouldn't cuss in there. Yeah, yeah, it's cussing. I think I'm warned of the nub all right, So Howard Jones is going to join us coming up in the next five minutes. So what we're going to try to do is probably break in a say and then make sure we're good for Howard for the longer haul up until the top of the hour. So Jonathan Taylor gets the extension thirty nine million dollars. You guys have responded to that at three one seven, two, three nine, ten seventy. I do appreciate that and the Tommy McClellan approach to the presser you guys are responding to that. I'm sure I'm in the minority for this one, but I absolutely love McClellan's approach. Massive bravado to go after the head of the snake in college football, who happens to be your biggest rival, been the need and No. One College Athletics is now go big or go home. He went about as big as you can go, boiler up. You know, it was scripted, and he said it like that. It sounded bad, and then in just reading that it's even worse. I get what you're trying to say, but it didn't come off like that. It wasn't a position of power or strength. It was something that was clowned and has been clowned continuously. So the ultimate impact is what you do with your program, is what football becomes, and what your programs do and how your approach to nil and fundraising. That's that's the ultimate That's what matters the most here. Don't get me wrong, but you don't want what you say in your introductory press conference to be a clown show. And there's no other way to look at it. Quick Break will come back, good friend of the show. Howard Jones in town coming up tomorrow at ever Wise that and Mike Chappell just about twenty minutes away with ninety three to five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 4: The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: These are my new shoes from Converse. They're so lighting, so fast. My grandma mar can whoop.
Speaker 10: You in that?
Speaker 4: E three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 5: Hey, welcome back to the show. Mike Chapel, Top of the hour, Colts get Jonathan Taylor two years extension, thirty nine mil guaranteed cash. We'll talk about that, Mike, thoughts on it too. Hey, Tomorrow night's going to be a big night for us all, because if you're like me and a member of Generation X, one of the all time greatest artists will be on the stage along with the English Beat, Wang Chung and Modern English. The headliner he's spit on the show before, and he's one of the nicest humans you will ever meet. It is Howard Jones. Tomorrow Night, everwise, Amphitheater. We'll see you all there, and Howard's kind enough to join us now here on the ride with me. JMV. Howard, thank you for the time. How are you, sir?
Speaker 10: I'm very well psych you. Thank you, J ANDV. It's very very kind of you to give such a great introduction.
Speaker 5: You are seriously every time you come to town, whether it's here or down in Brown County in Nashville. As I've seen before, you are one of the nicest humans of all time, and I am so I am so appreciable. Well, if you remember, my daughter Laney is a tremendous fan and going all the way back to her second grade year, she said you were her favorite artists and you were kind enough to ask about her left time and those are things that stick with people.
Speaker 4: Howard.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that is so great that she you know, she's been a fan since that long.
Speaker 10: I mean, is he able to come to the show?
Speaker 5: I mean, I well, yeah, I think I think she may be coming now. Yes, so if she's on the guest list, she may be coming out now. Obviously I'm coming. I've seen you a variety of times, and really this goes back to the nineteen eighties, and I'm curious, multi decades of touring, and you tour, and you tour a lot, does it ever get old for you?
Speaker 3: No, No, it does.
Speaker 13: Nice, I swear to you it doesn't, because I mean, it's like the best job in the world playing songs to people that they know and they're singing them back to you, and you know, creating this atmosphere in whatever venue.
Speaker 3: I'm playing it, honestly is it's such a.
Speaker 10: Joy to do it, and you know, it is what I do. I mean, I couldn't really do much else, so this is I'm just going to do what I can do, and I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Howard Jones coming up tomorrow night. Ever Wise, you know what's amazing is we have a mutual friend named Steve here in Indy and you've been out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway before. This is literally one of your favorite stops. Is it not on your tour schedule here in Indianapolis?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 13: We've been to the Indy five hundred track a couple of times now, and the rest of the band are very excited because they're new to my band, and they're going to go down with Steve's shunk and and and you know, go to the museum and get driven around the track. It's the most amazing thing. And I'm a big motors thought fan and formula you know, I followed Formula one and and you know, anything of the raising cars I'm big time into. So it's such a thrill. It's such an amazing track and driving around it is like something special.
Speaker 10: It's huge.
Speaker 5: But Dom Howard Jones is with us. What'd you say the were you kind of shocked at just how big the place was the first time that you stepped foot over there house Yeah?
Speaker 13: Absolutely absolutely, you know, and you know, we were driven around in this in this beautiful old vintage car and that they have you know, in their in their motor museum, and it was just it was just a thrill, and then we were driven around in a Ford Mustang by one of the Indy car drivers and yeah, I mean it was it's it's there in the memory, you know, I'll never forget it as twice you've been now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: It is a great time for real tomorrow and that's going to be a great time too. Howard Jones is with us. How has the tour been so far?
Speaker 3: Howard, It's been absolutely amazing.
Speaker 10: You know. All the gigs have gone really well.
Speaker 13: We've had great turnouts and and it's it's interesting because you know, it's it's very much people coming coming through to get their tickets in their last few days because people are like checking them, you know, like we know that money's tight today, you know, and and people are sort of looking at the weather, they're looking have they got the money to go? And we're seeing big walk cups to the shows, which is really quite interesting to see, you know, because it's a it sort of makes you realize, you know, you know, it's it's wonderful that people come, but they can afford to come to the shows at the moment. There was a guy that I met who's doing security in one of the kids. We've just done in Austin, and he was he was saying, he's not he's not switching on his his air conditioning and his car because he's trying to.
Speaker 3: He's because he wants he needs.
Speaker 13: To save money, you know, and that really that brought it home to me. But it's so great to see so many people coming out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's got to be gratifying. You go, you know, all the way back just multi decades, and you mentioned having people sing those songs, you know, word the word of all your lyrics back to you and know that you're still able to do this and enjoy it to the level in which you do has to be incredibly gratifying.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, it is, it is. It's I feel very pleased, you know. I mean we you know, we look after me and my wife, We look after our health and you know, eat well, trying to get good rest so that we can do these tours and give like full energy and you know, really really get people excited. And you know, that's what I love doing. So I'm very grateful to be able to do it.
Speaker 10: Still. It's great.
Speaker 5: Wang Chung Modern English and the English beat a part of this. It occurred to me How long have you and Dave Wakeling been acquaintances? How far back do we go?
Speaker 13: Yeah, actually we we He's he's taught. We've toured together quite a few times in the past, so we've got to know each other through that.
Speaker 3: And same with Modern English.
Speaker 10: We've toured with them.
Speaker 13: But I never never had, you know, the pleasure of having Wang Wan Chung on the on the on the bill with us, and although I know Jack hughes for it for a long time, we you know, we go back, you know, decades.
Speaker 10: So it's like, it's.
Speaker 13: Great having all these amazing people on the road, and there's a great atmosphere between the bands, and everyone has got a unique sound, which is.
Speaker 10: Very cool, you know. So people get a great, a great night of music.
Speaker 13: And then Richard Blade gives his interludes where he you know, bigs up the eighties and and teaches us about how great that decade of us.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: Richard Blade is one of the iconic DJs out there, and as Howard mentions, he gets up on stage and talks up a lot of stories. Now you've been an acquaintance of Richard for a number of years, have you heard all the stories or does he have any that you have yet to hear?
Speaker 13: And he has every story going because he knows all the bands and he knows all the artists, like personally, we go out to dinner and also he's traveling on the bus with us and we get to hear.
Speaker 3: More stories from Richard.
Speaker 13: But Richard, you know often say I might not be up here doing this if it wasn't for Richard, because he played my records on the West Coast, you know, k rock right in the beginning, and really supported so many of us artists.
Speaker 5: So you know, he's a legend, you know, and people forget back in the eighties, it was it was really difficult at the early stages to get your music and that style of music played. But once once you did, you saw the impact of the audience once you did. But yeah, Richard Blade, there are a couple of stations, certainly the one on Long Island, New York was was another that was impactful too. But I mean it really took airplay on the radio to get new wave music as impactful as it became.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 13: And and so you know, as you mentioned w i R, you know, on the on the East Coast and then k Rock of the West.
Speaker 10: You know, they really.
Speaker 13: Championed our music and without that it would never have been heard, you know, so you know, very grateful to Richard and also and I r on the you know, on the.
Speaker 10: Long Island side. So yeah, you know it's you know, we we.
Speaker 13: Stand on the on the shoulders of great people like like Riches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't I can't wait until tomorrow. And Howard Jones joins us uh kind of enough to join us here on the ride with j M V on the Anymore to Motive Group hotline. Before I let you go, I have to ask you how invested you were with the World Cup and the play of England.
Speaker 13: Oh oh yeah, I watched so many games and we you know, we we would we would, we were it was touch and go whether we were going to get through at any time. But then you know, in that you know, semi final, like why did our manager suddenly go all defensive against Argentina? I mean, what was what was he thinking? I mean, I mean we you know, it.
Speaker 10: Just all collapsed after that.
Speaker 13: You know, we had a back five that hadn't played together in that configuration, and this is Argentina.
Speaker 3: They are so.
Speaker 13: Determined you know they are going to they win at any cost, and we really it was just a strategic mistake that tukor really you know, I mean everyone was going with roning what you.
Speaker 10: And so that's the other day I say, but you know, I think then, you know, Argentine, Argentina deserves to win because.
Speaker 13: They they they just thought like tooth and nail to get to that final. And but but I tell you what, my favorite match was the third and fourth place between England and France. To me, that was the.
Speaker 3: Best match of the whole tournament.
Speaker 5: Just really enjoyed them all the scoring, because all the scoring. People that love offense and scoring, you gotta love that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And and I tell you what, I'm you know, being an Englishman. We were looking at how well America ran that that that tournament. I mean, all the stadiums looked amazing and they're all full, and I have to, you know, hats off to America though, giving us an amazing World Cup. It was the best World Cup I've seen. So you know, that's I hope that you know, people realize that that, you know, it was a really great achievement.
Speaker 5: So you mentioned that as a fan of England, right, here. Was that result in third place? Was that good enough or was there still a high level of disappointment for that result in England?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, there was, there was. There was.
Speaker 13: There was great disappointment as to the manner that we went out. You know, we are going defensive, you know, so early on in the second half was just a really strategic mistake. And even if you didn't know very much about football, people were saying.
Speaker 10: Why is he doing that? And you know we should have kept.
Speaker 13: Being very you know, one goal, two goals isn't enough against Argentina. You've got to keep hammering it. And so I think the the there's a great disappointment in the UK that we we should have been in that final. We would have lost, I think to Spain. I think Spain deservedly one and they're an amazing team, but we still, you know, it would have been nice in the manner that we got through that. That's only finally we should have fought the whole way and been offensive the whole time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the pride of Southampton England right here is I don't know if we've ever gone this in depth in sports and our conversations in the past, but I dig it I like it a lot.
Speaker 10: No great nowadays that I do. I am a big sports and.
Speaker 13: Actually it's football and Formula one is my my passions, you know.
Speaker 5: We you know, you remember back in the day they used to have an F one race over at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So yeah, yeah, that is missed. I think that's missed because you always want that place to to be the place for races, and it is certainly. Have you ever been to the NY five hundred itself.
Speaker 13: I haven't been to the actual race, no, I mean I've only got the flavor of it, you know, going to the museum and going.
Speaker 10: To But yeah, I'd love to come sometime.
Speaker 5: We got to make that happen for you at some point, don't we. So all right, hey, get get some rest and get sent for tomorrow night, and I want to come. I want to come and see you. So I may I don't know. I don't get off until six o'clock, but I'm going to try to get back there and see you coming up tomorrow night too, and bring that girl. That girl's all getting all growns up now too, so but she's still a big fan of Howard Jones.
Speaker 3: Oh fantastic well, give him my best wishes with you.
Speaker 5: You got it, Hey, Howard, We're going to send everybody over there. We'll see tomorrow night. Thank you for the time as always.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks J and D. Thank you man.
Speaker 5: Howard Jones on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. As I mentioned, one of the nicest human beings that you will ever meet. True, and it is so cool for me because I was such a tremendous fan and still am obviously, but growing up. You know, when you're a teenager and you know you're a fan of basketball or sport ortz or whatever, and you know you meet those that you're a tremendous fan of back in your youth, it's even more impactful. That's impactful. He's awesome. Everwise, amphitheater tomorrow night, along with Wang Chung, the English Beat, Dave Wakeling too, by the way, he'll be there the beat now as it goes. But the English Beat just a great catalog modern English, that is. Howard Jones on the Anymore Automotive Group potline. Hell, I'll see you all there coming up to my night. Hopefully we'll have a good time. I'll promise you that. Everwise Amphitheater downtown tomorrow night. All right, Mike Chappel on the other side, Jonathan Taylor's got an extension thirty nine mil guaranteed right there for Jonathan Taylor, the best player on the Colts justified you like it, dislike it, or you're a tweeter. That and the introduction the new ad in weslaf The impact of his introductory press conference today is going to be measured now and then into the future for sure. That Moore My Chapel on the other side, stay right there. It's ninety three five, one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 4: The Ride with jmv Oh wife.
Speaker 5: No matter how beauty is our affectionate would severely impare my crime.
Speaker 4: Fight aty three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 5: Howmar Jones Podcast one oh seven five Thefan dot Com, Tom Deanhardgelden Black illustrated the ill advised words of the brand new boiler Maker ad from earlier today. Tommy McClellan, everybody, and John Nolan the Voice of the Fever. The Aces of the Fever coming up later off tonight six thirty with Tidrow seven o'clock. Is that tip time? Ninety three five one oh seven five the fan. I have good news. Some dates are coming together with me and Bryn Holverson, the Evan Williams Locks and Luna Zuel Shots. That's every Thursday. I there is one down in November at Yogi's in Bloomington. On the schedule, Joe's Castleton, I see Parks Place on the schedule, Sleider Winlow Shout out to you guys right there now in the Gang, Joe's and Fisher's, Craig's, Murphy's Craft to Howel's going to bring us to you, Tommy s Coaches Downtown. It's a few of the locations on Thursdays coming. It's all for twenty twenty six on the football season, by the way, expanded coverage not just NFL pickhms, but college football pickhems coming up this season with me and our betting analyst Marin Halvers and more dates to come meantime on the Andymoon Automotive Group Potline. He's from CBS four and Fox fifty nine. He is Mike Chappel. Hello, Mike, how are you good? How are you a couple of things here? Did you get set up for the Seeger Tribute?
Speaker 7: Yes, we're all good. To go.
Speaker 5: When does that happen? Is that next week?
Speaker 7: A week from Friday? Correct?
Speaker 5: You are you are good to go for that? I want to make sure you are good. I'm glad to see that you guys can go to that. And are you going over to Canon this weekend?
Speaker 7: I leave tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow morning.
Speaker 7: It's always a great time. And if I get real energetic, I'll go to the gold Jacket dinner tomorrow night where all the you know, Hall of famers in town they're there and they present the gold jacket to the guy, which is really cool, but the very worst. I'll go to the enshrinment ceremonies at on noon and then not to drop names, but then the ersays have a post ceremony party that night or the country club, and it's cool to go to. And what's cool is you see all the all the colts. Bob Sandrews is normally there, the Justin Snows and Edgeer probably be there and paint. It's really cool just to see the player Antoine Bethey. It's cool to see the players come back and help enjoy the moment that when one of their fellow teammates gets gets honored.
Speaker 5: Hey does Edrid James have any sort of similar relationship with the girls as he had with the late Jim Marsie.
Speaker 7: Good question. I don't know. I think so, you know, because as much as Edrin and Jim were, you know, they were as close as you can get with a player and an owner. I would think, so, yeah, I'm sure you'll stay, you know, available if they need him. When I was talking to Vinnie over the summer, he wants to stay involved with the Colts. He said, if they need me to do something, show up, give me a call and I'll be there. He really really feels close to the Ursays and to the Colts, and he still lives He still lives here, and so, uh, it's kind of cool when you see an owner, you know, Carli ers Gordon is going to be the one to present Vinnie on Saturday, which is pretty cool. Says Really he was much much closer to Jim yeah than Carly during his time here, but it was it's really a testament to his his connection to the team and to the family.
Speaker 5: Mike Chappel of CBS four and Fox fifty nine, He's on his way to can for the induction ceremonies for among others Adam Van and Terry coming up this weekend. He's on the Andy More Automotive Group hotline. So what do you make? And you and I have had dialogue regarding, you know, the future, and you know, I'm always kind of in the category of I don't want to put any money in the future because you just don't know about the future past this year. However, I will say this, I think that this almost gives you to me contractually with Jonathan Taylor clearly your best player on the team. I think that's the best case scenario for everybody to be happy about.
Speaker 7: Would you agree, Yeah, unless you're one of the guys who also is inspiring contract like a you know, Quentin and Buck and Grover and not Yeah, josh Ansby free agent. Yeah, I think what it does. Steven Holder mentioned it, and he's spot on. It makes sense to not give extensions for all we've talked about in case things don't go right and you're reloading and then you're not giving the new group. You know, this this baggage, if that's the word you want to use. But by doing this, this tells your team that, hey, we're invested in this year and we're gonna We're going to reward a player who who has uh has earned it. So I think it's a win win, And now we'll see if there's more extensions. You know, I doubt it. I thought JT was the one. It's really kind of squirrely. The safest extension in my view was Quentin, just because he's there and if nothing else's performance has gotten better, but the number would have been crazy. It's going to be twenty five million bottom per year and probably more than that. JT is the one who They're going to climb on this guy's back and ride him as long as they can. He's had what back to back three hundred carry seasons. Only Edguran's had three consecutive three hundred yard carry seasons, and so I'm glad they took care. I thought maybe they would try to just do this year somehow, but they showed a lot more investment. What I'm curious to see is was the obligation in twenty twenty eight. You know, might just be this year and next year and then and then they can make twenty twenty eight go away if they want. But he's gonna be here for eight years and it'll be the longest tenure by a running back, you know, thank you, Edge was seven years. I think Dom Rhodes was seven years with that little break in between. So but but no, he's your best player by far.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 7: He was headed for like another eighteen hundred yard season last year or seventeen hundred yard until Daniel Jones went down and then the whole offense went in the dumper. So this is when you talk about guys earning it. And I'm not saying Quentin hasn't earned it or or a Grover, but Jonathan Taylor is your guy. He's gonna You're gonna go as far as he takes you, providing Daniel Jones is healthy and so far that that looks like he's he's really on the way to being back. So kudos to Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 5: There wasn't much of a poker face either. You could kind of tell that he seemed to be satisfied situationally with what was going long on, because especially if you compared to the last time out right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, at least we didn't have Carly on the in the end zone with the luxury bus. Hey, Jonathan, let's go talk. So uh yeah, when when JT told us what I guess at the start of the camp that while two of the top players, Robinson and Gibbs, were in camp but not practicing, he said, I've got faith that things are headed in the right direction. And I was sold yesterday by someone with the cults that you know, we're going to get there, and it made me think that it maybe sooner rather than later. And it was so that again, it helps to have two sides that want to get it done and aren't that far apart on what it takes to get it done. So again, the only the optional have been to give him something this year, maybe franchise next year, and that would not have been an ideal situation for Taylor.
Speaker 5: Mike Chapel of CBS four and Fox fifty nine on the Andymore Automotive Group podline, So where are you as far as the extensions for guys? You and I have again we've had this back and forth, but where are you considering the circumstances of I'm not going to describe this as a lame duck season, but it can quickly become that if things don't go right, where are you in terms of money and extensions handed out to guys where you may have everybody all new coming up this time next year.
Speaker 7: And that's the dilemma is what do you do and what do you leave? Again, the thing is you can't. You can't really as an owner operate by well, if this doesn't go right, I've got a whole group coming in, so I've got to watch my money. That's why I say it was important to get JT extended because it shows the locker room that she's in invested in this year. And by the way they have they have re signed their own if you want to call Daniel Jones their own Jones, Pierce and JT. And it's like almost a quarter of a billion dollars in contracts. So more we talked, I just don't know that I would want to invest what's going to be a monster, monster contract in Quentin Nelson. He won't be the highest paid lineman, he'll be the highest paid guard by quite a bit. And Grover know Buck, how do you extend Buck when when he's got the neck injury, then he's coming back and and he might be fine. And there is no better example of a horseshoe guy than the Force Bucker. I mean, he's at the top of the list, but there's there's a situation there that would give you pause. So I guess I wouldn't do another one. If I would, it would be Quentin because he is beyond a core player. He's one of those pillar guys. But then still, if things don't go right, how much money do you want to have invested next year when the new GM or whatever comes in and says, yeah, he's a good player, but you know, I want my money funneled elsewhere. So and as soon as I say I think they're done, they'll resign somebody. I'll tell you if they're listening and they want to invest money, give keenan Allen call and get his butt in Westfield.
Speaker 5: The clock is ticking, I think with the guys that are out there, especially this guy that certainly has a connection to the past.
Speaker 7: That's the thing. It's in a season of urgency, which this season is give your quarterback coming off an achilles as much weaponry as you can, and right now the receiver room is simply not deep enough. Keep in mind, we've not seen out we've seen peers of practice, and he hadn't Reggie look Forrett. He good throw in the football but even when Pierce comes back, that number three spot's wide open, and all the guys that are contending for that have been have had their moments, but that's that's never been their role. Being a three has never been their role. So that that's my concern. And we were talking on our podcast today at Fox fifty nine that either Keenan Allen wants to let training camp go in another week before he signs with somebody, or he wants to he's going to resign with the Chargers or or he's going to resign with the Colts, but he wants more money. Money's always a driving force. People can say he went to where he had a chance. Money makes you do a lot of things. So if he's asked ing for too much money, which in free agency right now, you don't get that that big contract. And again that's a relative five million, eight million, I don't know, but I just see how Keenan Allen comes in here and it's a one year stopgap sort of fills Michael Pittman's role. Uh so I and if he goes back to the Chargers or somewhere else, then what you got They worked out Chase Claypool recently he hasn't played since twenty twenty three. So I'm just concerned that they look at that room and they say, well, you know, we've got Tyler Warren, who, by the way, is a tight end, uh so, and they're gonna work him hard this year. I hope they find a way to get a third receiver free agent, and once you get past Keenan Allen, there's not a lot out there.
Speaker 5: So Mike Chappell, who joins us right now, obviously Sauce Gardner was the big deal. I got it going for it as they did last year, and then everything came unraveled with the injury, especially that to to Daniel Jones, and we know that they trained away a future couple of first rounders here. We haven't really talked about the impact that we might see of a d Mitchell. Make you wonder because we're talking about wide receiver right now and Keenan Allen right now, whereas it seems like people in the and again it's early in training camp, and we've been down this path before when we talk about stuff, and we never talked about it again after this time. But that is something I'm assuming we're going to keep track of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in hindsight, ad Mitchell's the guy you want here when Michael Pittman's gone. But it's hard for me to believe that the Jet said, well, we're not going to make this deal for sauce two first round AIRPD.
Speaker 5: They did they rage trade him. Do you think they traded him kind of out out of a little bit of anger and being done being over.
Speaker 7: It, lost our patience with it? Yeah, okay, I I think so, because I can't believe that he was a deal breaker in the trade. I really, don't you get two first round draft picks? You take that and walk away? So yeah, I mean, right now, Adie Mitchell warts at all would look pretty good. He just he just had those I want to sound like, just he had four or five plays that you just can't have when you're in that position. And I think the coaching staff, minus Reggie Wayne just said, if you don't trust your guy, how do you claim? And I think they lost trust in what Mitchell would do, and then they lost patience on giving him another year and you know, half of last year and another year this year. I know, Reggie, you know, if they voted, he wasn't a vote to send him away. But you know, it's the position position coach, you defer with what they say. But I think I think Mitchell would look pretty good here right now. But that that's water, that's hindsight.
Speaker 5: Well are you anticipating regret?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean yeah, because because he would he would be in the running with the top three guys, and and maybe there were just those rough spots for him that rookies have to work through. But again they were the spot they just weren't going to have patience with him, and it was one you know, it's like, well, it's like, we'll give you one more chance, and then you're on double secret probation and you mess up again. So yeah, is there a regret? Probably, But again you've got to move on. They're not gonna send another draft pick to the Jets to get him back. But when you make a move like that, maybe it it would have been hard to argue to keep him, uh, considering how he had been moved out of the rotation and he wasn't gonna get much but a opportunity last year barring an injury. But yeah, in hindsight, it'll be nice to have ady bench back here.
Speaker 5: Mike Chapel of CBS four and Fox fifty nine. I'm curious, Keenan Allen, do you think that ultimately is going to be a target or are we just talking about stuff that may never come to fruition here.
Speaker 7: I just don't know why it's not going to happen unless he doesn't want to come here, or unless he's asking for just too much. And it's not my money, it's Carly's money. And I would hope that a million or two dollars wouldn't keep him here, but again, he may be asking for a lot more than that. I don't know. I just know where. You know she said that, you know she'll make any move. You know that Chris wants to make. I just hope we're not sitting here in October November and Chris is thinking, well, I wish I'd done more to help our receivers. Because again, if you want to argue that Pierce and Dan and Tyler Warren give you three top guys, okay, but guys get hurt, guys miss time. And then you have guys who have never who have seldom stepped up in in in strong roles, coming through and filling and lifting their game to that level. And again I'm not saying Keenan Allen will be a long term uh player at all, But right now it's this year and it's an urgent year. I mean, we we've talked that to death. So I just if there's a leg legitimate reason, fine, if it's that you think you're okay at the position, then I just I have to disagree with it.
Speaker 5: Hi, Mike, I want to ask you this, is it weird to you that they have the night practice eight until ten later on tonight when basically everybody is finally back to school. Is that weird? Is that? That seems like some half ass bad scheduling to me?
Speaker 7: But they'll have a big crowd they will. Uh I'm no longer on their list to to talk about the schedules and all that, but yeah.
Speaker 5: What you advise them, maybe you're going to do.
Speaker 7: It school rain, so they play in the practice inside because it's easier for me. But that they'll have a great crowd, and then I'm sure they've got a big post practice fireworks display and all that stuff. They'll they'll go big guns on that. All I care about is we get Jonathan Taylor after practice so I can get a story done and get home and you can get up early in the morning to drive the cant and so uh again, it's all about us. It's all about what makes my job easier and all that stuff. But I don't know, I don't know why they schedule things when they schedule them. But they'll have a big crowd tonight.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going to call upon your vast memory right here. We had an ill advised press conference by the new athletic director of Purdue Tommy McClellan a little bit earlier today, which begs the question, you've been around here absolutely forever, who had the worst introductory press conference day other than this guy or worse than the new boy the maker ad had earlier today? You mean here in Indie, not anywhere in generally you saw, Yeah, let's go in, let's go in and around. Yeah, you can be here in Indy or it can be outside of the market. You know, any any memory you have around here of a bad first step taken as Tommy McClellan did today.
Speaker 7: Nick Sirianni had a really really bad opening press conference in Philly.
Speaker 5: Yeah he did.
Speaker 7: And then and then when somebody when you're a mean lea and colem in Jacksonville when he did the du Vall thing.
Speaker 5: And they're all they're all on the right track, right, Siriani is you know, won a Super Bowl and Cohen is on the red So maybe this is a good sign for Boy the Maker fans.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I wouldn't want to start my tenure somewhere by making an ass of myself. And I didn't hear the press Safwich, So I don't know exactly what he did.
Speaker 5: But did you not hear this? Did you hear this part of it? Can you play this? Caleb? I want to play Caleb, play it for you. This is the point that we're talking about in Tommy McClellan's press conference earlier today, when unfortunately he said this.
Speaker 9: Every recruit, every current student athlete will hear this message repeatedly. We are here to win championships. If you don't want to win championships, go to Indiana.
Speaker 7: Oh what was he that?
Speaker 5: What was the action from chav on the YouTube?
Speaker 7: Where was he? Like several months ago when Miami at the trophy.
Speaker 5: That's that's a bad start right there. And people bring up, well, look what Signetti said. Listen, they were a doormat. You could have said basically anything and okay, there that was not okay, and that's going to take a long time for people to forget.
Speaker 7: And again their football program has fallen on such hard times. Now again with the new you know, portal and Niel and all that, you can, you can turn things around very quickly as IU was done. But yeah, that's gonna that's gonna be. That's gonna follow him around until there's a championship in West Lafayette.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's what's interesting is is the Purdue football coach Barry Odom said all the right things the week before last, and and Matt Painter always says all the right things, and yeah, it's just weird. How I guess you don't test drive that on anybody with that particular line. It'd be one thing, I think, Mike if he said it kind of off the script in just then you go, okay, I get that. But that was like scripted serious material right there, or at least that's the way that sounded.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I keep hammering the w NBA for having really crappy PR people, and maybe he tapped into their PR people to get his opening brushed up. But yeah, I'd like to have a due over on that. If I'm him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the w n b A and the Fever. It's a good thing. They have a good team because most of the time those folks can't not get out of their own way.
Speaker 7: It's like, how can we screw this up? I got an idea. Okay, let's go with that.
Speaker 5: Here's a hell of a plan. So you're off to Kenton coming up tomorrow, correct.
Speaker 7: Driving to Westfield tonight and in Canton to borrow about four and a half hours and looking forward to it. It's always great to get over there because it's it's just history, and yeah, it'll be a great couple of days in Canton.
Speaker 5: No doubt. All right. Well, safe travels to Westfield tonight, and hey, I'm glad you got those tickets to see The Secret Trouble.
Speaker 7: I've been there before. It's getting in and getting out can be paying the ass, but if it's a really good concert, you deal with it. Well.
Speaker 5: Steve contacted me and I said, you know what, this is our guy right here. Let's let's set.
Speaker 7: Him up, so taking care of me.
Speaker 5: He's a great guy. Mike. Enjoy tonight and the safe travels to Canton too. Thank you, you guys.
Speaker 7: Be well.
Speaker 5: Mike Chapel of CBS four and Fox fifty nine. You're right, that reaction when he heard that, dude, that you got to put that up. That reaction that he had on the YouTube feed was classic, Oh one of these days, at least for new fans. He brought up a couple examples and listen, I'm known Nick Siriani fan right here, but Nick Siriani get big things. Liam Cohen looks as if he can do big things. Two referenced by Mike missteps in Prescott conferences that worked out okay. And then if you want to utilize Kurt Signetti, which is just incredibly different. When he first did his press conference and then came on with me, I remember this very well. He came on with me. I was at the West Side Pub on a December afternoon, and it was it was so oh by the way, oh yeah, this guy and he was the bravado was there. And then he ended up backing it up. So this guy to let everybody forget and to shut up the folks like me talking about this today, he's just going to have to do the job, which is essentially all he really needed to reference in the first place. That's true my Chapel of CBS four and Fox fifty nine, the podcast there podcast of Tom Dienhard Golden Black Illustrated. We discussed that a little bit earlier with Tommy d John Nolan, voice of the Fever Aces Fever coming up later off to night. Seven thirty is I should say six thirty your pregame coverage with Tidrow seven p is the tip time, our TV guide idea for everything. And if you're looking for a TV guide reference tonight it is Amazon Prime on TV for the Aces and the Fever and friend of this show, and as you witnessed a little bit earlier in Awesome Dude tomorrow night, Everwise Amphitheater, the English Beat, Wang Chung Modern English, and our friend and a lover of everything Indianapolis, including the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as you heard earlier Howard Jones Awesome Dude Podcast one O seven five thefan dot Com a four pack passes to get into the Indiana State Fair, which starts coming up tomorrow. We got those passes, but first things first, a weather update right now. Now here's Fox fifty.
Speaker 4: Nine The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: You guys can stick that too, seriously, you guys want to stick that stick, that one where the sun don't shine.
Speaker 4: That he three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially to though, And I like Scott Miller on here a great deal. But where's this Homer bull crab coming from. It's not my fault. The new ad made an ass of himself today. It's not mine. It's not my bad Homer. I think most boiler Maker fans would agree when they're ride now, there's still time to make up for it. But it was incredibly ill advised. It doesn't mean because you have this opinion that you're a Homer where dude's out for that? What's that? I think?
Speaker 11: I think having the opinion that you have no problem with the comments is almost more of a Homer than.
Speaker 5: You're you're doing just a jackass in general, Scott. How about I say, hey, Scott, you know you're just a jackass.
Speaker 11: You could say that not me, but I but like, do you get what I'm saying? Though, Like, if we're gonna use the definition of Homer, I feel like defending whatever that was today is.
Speaker 5: Let me say that Mike Chappell at least provided a little bit of hope because people have stepped in it before and then things turned out okay. Hopefully that's the case. So I got a lot of Boilermaker fans shaking their fist. They gotta fire this guy. I can't believe they did this stomping around here is Boilermaker fans all pissy about stuff? Hey, others have stepped in it in an introductory press conference before and this turned out. Okay, we shall see. This era of college athletics is interesting. So Indiana defensive end Kellen Wyatt is returning this within the last hour to the IU football program for the twenty twenty six season. Now, Wyatt is a part of the group of college athletes who received an additional fifth year of eligibility following recent court rulings. Now, if you don't know too much about Kellen Wyatt six two two fifty seven first seven games at defensive end, I believe he put up some numbers. I want to say he was injured against Michigan State. I believe that was the game he was injured. Undrafted spring, did not sign as an NFL free agent, played prior to at Maryland and obviously, going back to the day before yesterday, when we found out that Stephen Day was going to be back. He was injured after the Big Ten title game here in Indie back in December against Ohio State. Both of those defensive players back and there was certainly some conversation about those that might make a return, and he was one as a part of that conversation. So that is the news that we were talking about a little bit earlier. Mike Chapel joined us too. He's on his way to Canton, coming up tomorrow out of Venetia, going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You do have the Colts in an eight to ten practice, a night gathering later on tonight up at Droplight in Grand Park and Westfield, So hopefully all of you are going to go for that. JMV. You were referencing Tally at Kroger Locations a little bit earlier. Tally is a less cool version of the robot than Rocky gave to Pauley at the beginning of Rocky four. I do remember that JMV. Screeches robot was named Kevin. Thank you very much. JMV. Why do IU fans act like I you is such a great sports school. They aren't a good sports program. They were just better than Purdue. IU has two Natties in the last twenty two years. Wow, what you know how to begin with that? That's you been serious there? That just read something that was serious? Or was that put in jest?
Speaker 10: I did it?
Speaker 5: I mean somebody to translate. JMV is out here talking about real issues. Grocery stores are the bane of my exact distance. I dig on grocery stores. I don't dig on the prices between that and the gas price. I don't dig on that. But I'm lucky for me. Like the things I eat now a part of my diet are rather expensive, but it's better. I can't imagine. I used to eat cheese it's all the time. What are a box of cheeses right now? Like five bucks?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm paying five dollars for stinking cheese.
Speaker 11: It's I will buy the off brand every single time.
Speaker 5: This is the off brand of cheeses. It used to be cheese. Cheese nips used to be made. I'll be down with anything. I had nips written on. Cheese nips made. But was that a Nabisco or Sunshine that manufactured cheese nips? Cheese nips? Nobisco? You got it? This is cheese nips you ever eat whales? Is that the off of goldfish? Pretty much? Sure? Damn v Maybe a big boiler becker said I'll give you ten mil if you say this. I'll give you ten million dollars if you say this. Moral of the story, the tail the tape is going to be by the results, and a lot of what we're making fun of right now will absolutely be washed away if the results are there. But that has simply put something you cannot say, you cannot do. That is something to where you want to say, hey, I've got this speech and I'm gonna go ahead and mention this, and somebody who can just go hey, don't do it. And again, all you gotta do is go to the football head coach, and the football head coach, Barry Odem handled that situation, and that was asked, This was just said in a speech, a scripted But Barry Odem, Barry Odam could not have handled that better. And I guess therein lies the difference between a coach that's been down that path before and some guy at Rice is probably the first time he's ever seen more than one camera in front of him. I would guess, maybe hopefully is that I'm trying to find a thousand different ways to help some of you Buller Maker fans out, but today just was not good. There's zero way Nick writes this. I know because I just paid a lousy sixteen to ninety nine for my college football preview. They were reasonably priced. They'd probably sell a hell of a lot more. Speaking of which, I don't think he makes the hard copy any longer. With Phil Steele. Phil Steele has always been like the almanac of college football for everybody that's preparing for the season. Really anyway, fan of teams or whatever. Phil's going to join us on the show tomorrow, jamb There is a TV guide online. I don't know if it works, but I just bought it and it looks good for streaming. Don't know about live sports. I'm just thinking something that TV Guidewise is for everything, absolutely everything. I did see this earlier today and I'm going to reference this before we hit a break. That Little Anything goes about eight minutes coming up after the top of the hour, and State Fair Pass is a family four pack to give away. One of my greatest memories, and I always talk about those sports memories that we have are you know exactly where you were when it took place in eighty three in Albuquerque, the National championship game between Houston and North Carolina State. I was thirteen years old. I absolutely remember where I was during the entirety of that game, in that moment. It has been documented in a thirty for thirty, but one of the members of that team passed away in the past twenty four hours. Cozel McQueen, Cozell McQueen was Jim Valvano's big man. Cozel McQueen. If you want to look for somebody, Oh, yeah, that guy. He was holding the Wolfpack sign while I always thought, man, I hope he didn't fall off. He remember he was standing on the rim and sitting on the back of the backboard at the Pitt in Albuquerque after NC State won that national championship on the dunk by the late Lorenzo Charles to beat Houston and that stat Cougar's team five Salama Gemma. Cozel McQueen was a significant part of that and Cozl McQueen passed away again within the past twenty four hours. I think he got to Raleigh at n C State back in nineteen eighty one, eighty one to eighty five, but obviously eighty three was a tremendous deal in for basketball fans, college basketball fans out there that year, that season, and those moments will live live forever, and Cozell McQueen was a part of that. So a sky point to the late Cozel McQueen. As we learned a little bit earlier today, family four pack to the Indiana State Fair, which is officially underway tomorrow. Going to get you that on the other side, and so anything goes for about eight minutes and then we're going to get you to the Colts. Update. They have a night practice eight until ten drop light up at Grant Park and Westfield coming up later on tonight ten. But the Fever and the Aces tonight that is a six thirty pre game with Tidrow seven P. John Nolan's got the call. We're gonna help get you there quick break. We're back with you next ninety three five, one oh seven five, The.
Speaker 4: Fan the Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful day for baseball at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Speaker 4: Has the Chicago Cobs face the troublesome Cincinnati Rep. Ninety three five and one oh seven five, The fan.
Speaker 14: There goes PCA thrown out a third gets here Cubs PC's end and the Cubs lit it.
Speaker 5: Cubs TV three to two in eleven a walk off error err for the Cubs. They beat the Blue Jays, which makes me want to barf. You Cubs. You're not a Cups guy, You're a Tigers guy.
Speaker 11: Tigers guy, but man, the Cubs they were down to nothing in this John.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you they are going through after a sweep of the Dodgers and then a walk off er r r as a win, and they were down to nothing to the Blue Jays at Wrigley in this game. So they win an eleven. This is the type of season that can wave the magic wand of results. That's the way that it appears. It hurts me to say, because I'm not a fan. In fact, I think they suck, not all the way like the Cardinals, but they they kind they suck a little bit of the way. And really, I probably it's not even the guy, like the guys I can watch and I don't mind. I think it's their fans that are that kind of suck, like the Corey any of the world. So yeah, they know all the ways like the Cardinals all the way suck, Like Alex Golden's always gonna have like every time I see him prop up the Cardinals, he's always gonna wear that backpack of suck because he's a fan of the Cardinals. But that's going all the way. The Cubs are kind of the way. And of course this is coming from a Schlepprock Reds fan, and basically what we are as Reds fans were just big losers. Jamir Gibbs three years, sixty seven and a half million dollars. Somebody's gonna tell you all the Green daughters out there are going to say, hell yeah, this is all following the dominos that started with Jon Robinson. Jonathan Taylor got his today and Gibbs gets his today too. It all makes sense.
Speaker 11: Look at how far we've home with running back contracts.
Speaker 5: John, Remember we were sitting here three years ago. Three years ago, they were disposable. Yeah, they were just bother like diapers, diapers. What am I put on a diaper? And then they're gonna put in the diaper and they're just gonna go out and get some more.
Speaker 11: What happened though, Like, did they just get so low that they became valuable, Like, I don't what is the explanation behind this?
Speaker 5: These teams that put the most value in are they the best? Now you can argue, I mean, look what Seattle let their dude go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But then I would also say Kansas City, who I think is a smart organization, skind of it? So like what is the I don't know what the meaning behind all of it is?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I do. I understand it. It is like a rejuvenation of the position. By the way the losing Reds they won to day six' five over The. Athletics remember there was a point in time of The. ATHLETICS i think we're five. Hundred they were even on the, season forty five and. Seventy right, Now ellie de La cruz fourth career lead off, HOMER i think four and all today and a sweep over The Athletic they, look where are The reds in the wild? Card famous last?
Speaker 4: Words right?
Speaker 5: Here can you? Believe i'll go outside in the parking lot and kick the crap out of myself BECAUSE i brought this up after the, Show but indulge me for a. Moment where are they right now in the Wild? Card is it like the double Wild. Card this is like the teams that really do their the mediocre teams that mostly suck but just not suck.
Speaker 11: Enough there's three wild card. Spots and then The cardinals are four games. Out The marlins and The padres both ahead of, them they're also. Out but this is the wildcard spots In National League, Cubs, Diamondbacks, phillies and Then San diego's two, Back miami's three, Back.
Speaker 5: Saint louis's four. Back we're The reds even mentioned four and a, half four and a. Half the march is. On see and what this is gonna do is gonna if just Enough colts fans know this to be, True you're going to create just enough to continue down the. Path nick The nerds not too far away From Chris Ballard company right, here just going to, dude enough. Day, hey now we're turning to the. Corner now things are making. Sense all. Right we got a little extra, time which is anything goes coming up on the other, say, hey let's give away a family four pack right now of The State. FAIR uh number fifteen has been consistent this week at, three, one, seven, two, three, nine ten seventy number FIFTEEN a family four pack to The Indiana state which is underway. Tomorrow Jay querry is going to be at the Dairy bar tomorrow for you With quarry And, companies starting at ten. Am The Indiana State Fair family four pack number fifteen on the text line at two three, nine ten Seventy all you yappers who want to chime, in you and me eight minutes of anything Goes time is up next ninety three to, five one oh seven Five The, Fan.
Speaker 4: The ride WITH. JMV i don't know what to.
Speaker 12: SAY i GUESS i guess.
Speaker 8: The only THING i can say Is i'll promise to keep rocking and rolling making better.
Speaker 4: Films ninety three five and one oh seven Five The.
Speaker 5: Fan caleb's over there On, John let's get this Bad boy. Started every TIME i hear this, SONG i just want to use the term By, god let's get this. Started bug Gudd well the old guys WHERE i grew up In green Count. Good Crimson cast has. This i'm gonna Give Crimson cast credit Regarding Kevin. Wyatt it's insane THAT i you Took. Daily That's Stephen, daily eight hundred and twenty ninth overall The portal eighty fourth among edge rushers And wyatt eight hundred and eighty eighth overall in the portal ninety first among edge rushers And. Caleb they generated twenty seven, TFLs eight sacks and twenty combined, games and they're both back thanks to a court ruling and a fifth year. Granted shout out to The crimson cast with that STAT i give credit where credit is, due Buggin see NOW i can't stop using it Now i'm overdoing.
Speaker 3: It By.
Speaker 5: God, yeah THAT'S i never know that if people get offended by, that that's like A that's always a big hillbilly term Where i'm. From, now the older generational folks would say, that would say that all the time he speaking of which like my Man. SCOTT i think my Man scott AND i are now on the same. Page we're Good. Scott it's. WEIRD i know he's of the older. Generation they're like two old dudes that wear me absolutely. Out have you seen those guys On facebook that wear me?
Speaker 10: Out?
Speaker 5: Yeah who wear me? Out one one is named hol Hal. Riceman true story, now, yeah From westfield wears me. Out and then he like he makes fun of my daughter all the, time which is not. COOL i don't care if he make fun of, me but he. Does he wears me. OUT i GO i don't go back at him on the, air but REALLY i don't go. BACK i just kind OF i put him, together and Sometimes i'll send him out because he appears to be. Nuts but there's the who's the other? Guy, Oh Ben, tennen who's probably listening right. Now he sends me A facebook match AND i Don't it never is associated with What i'm talking about right. Now he always tags it to a video On, facebook which has been few and far between. Us we've noted, here but a video On, facebook and my, man he just wears me out. TOO i think these guys are both like seventy plus years of. Age is that my? Demographic these guys?
Speaker 4: Are they?
Speaker 5: Are they are just beating me. Down hal And ben howl And. Ben, yeah, haters you got, haters seventy year old plus. Haters take it, easy old. Guys But ben's always making fun of the way THAT i lost. Weight, Nah you're not always making fun of my athleticism or like thereof or. Whatever it's weird you get out on the court with. You, YEAH i doubt.
Speaker 11: That wait Till, sunday, Though wait Till sunday when you're, back because you're going to take a couple of.
Speaker 5: Days he probably could. Not he probably would struggle finding His Chuck taylor's at this, Point, hey is This? Fulton during anything goes at, two, three, nine ten Seventy? Fulton is this?
Speaker 6: Year John?
Speaker 5: Man are you going to The State? Fair?
Speaker 2: Buddy i'm trying, to but we haven't a good day, yet you.
Speaker 5: Haven't why not take? It make a, decision, Buddy make a. Decision what are you?
Speaker 10: Doing i'm trying to at the.
Speaker 2: MOMENT i have been too busy.
Speaker 5: Dating, No you're always doing something. Always.
Speaker 10: Yeah so are you going to be at the doing THE jv takeover? There have you?
Speaker 5: DECIDED i do not Think i'm doing THE jmv takeover there this. Year that'll be At Mystic Waters campground in what is known as The Labor Day Weekend bender coming up on The saturday Of Labor Day.
Speaker 3: Weekend we'll saying on By.
Speaker 5: Yeah so so, anyway, yes.
Speaker 2: Only if you heard the breaking, News, JOHN.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear the breaking, News, fulton what is? It hold? On do we have a breaking news sounder right? Here, Hey, fulton we got a breaking news sounder just for. You, okay, pal all, Right i'm ready breaking news courtesy of our Guy. Fulton, fulton go, ahead all.
Speaker 2: Right so one of others confirmed That Eighth invention And sonic The Hedgehog Stall Jim kelly will a live action movie.
Speaker 10: Adaptation of The Jetson live action.
Speaker 5: Movie oh so is he going to Be George? Jetson he might, be or his Boy elroy Daughter Judy. Jane his wife might Sing jetson's for you. Buddy, yeah now's a good. One Thanks fulton for the. Update Jim carrey and The. Jetsons you, KNOW i cannot stand nor HAVE i ever seen it in its. ENTIRETY i turned Off Ace. VENTURA i think it's, awful really hate. It it's better while Since i've seen hate it that as a. Kid, HEY i love In Living color With Jim. Carrey there's not a lot Of Jim carrey films THAT i.
Speaker 10: Did.
Speaker 5: HMM i love In Living color. Though i'm getting down with. That great job out of here, Today. Kaleb thank you.
Speaker 6: Boy you.
Speaker 5: Guys if you missed anything, today the podcasts are available for. You Tom Dean Hard goldenblac, Illustrated Mike, CHAPPELL cbs, Four fox fifty, Nine John Nolan voice of The, Fever Howard jones Musician Tomorrow, Night Everwise amphitheater ONE o seven five thefan Dot Com colt's, Updates Ted rose got your bottom of the. Hour The, mbound The, aces and The fever are from Downtown andy with ninety three to five and one oh seventy. Five the fan enjoy