Speaker 1: Live from the Heartland and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz today.
Speaker 2: So what do you want? First? The Iranians putting a ten million dollar bounty on Baron Trump. Where do you want more tireups on Canada? I mean, it's really a take your pick kind of day. And then you're going to have what it is that's Scott Best in the Treasury Secretary is going to apply to Iran I don't know what that is yet. What I do know is that the Iranian regime is showing signs of the cracks. We can show this, we can prove this. We did this the other day. We've got more Tony Katz. Tony Katz today, kitt and what's going on? Find everything I do over at tonykatz dot com. Apologize for no livestream today. I'll make that all understandable tomorrow. But here's what we've got going on. You have the Iranian regime saying that Baron Trump is fully monitored, putting a ten million dollar bounty on his head. It's a New York Post with the story quite literally where to kill Baron Trump. This is horrifying stuff. You're going after people's kids. It's absolutely horrifying stuff. Now you can argue the kids an adult and all that jazz, but it can't be argued. The only thing they could be argued here is that what it is that the regime is trying to do is get the United States to stop, and they have lost capability. We discussed this the other day when the president of Aram Pozzeshkia. Now, I've seen it written as Pozsesskian and I've seen it written as Pozzeshkia, so I'm going with Pozeshkia. So if I'm wrong, blame anybody who writes things on the internet. He just last week when we talked about this Friday. Guys, I don't recall, get the podcast over at Tonycuss dot com wherever you get your podcasts, and you'll be able to listen to it. That he is saying, you know, we've already defeated the United States and everybody around the world hates them, so why don't we just come to a peace deal. And while he's saying that, he's talking about actors within Iran and he's saying about them, they don't understand this conflict. So the translation there is the president whatever is there of the leadership is saying to the IRGC, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, the fractured and factionalized we can call it IRGC, that they are causing more problems for Iran, specifically the leadership and keeping down the people and being able to make some money through illicted means. Stop it. These United States sanctions. Never mind, if they go on more bombing raids are going to destroy us. Cut it out, live to see another day, rebuild as the Iranians always do, and then we'll fight them again. We're not giving up our jihad. We're not giving up our desire for califry. We're not giving up our desire to destroy Israel, to go after the United States, because it's the little Satan before the Great Satan, because destroying Western civilization is the goal. The Iranians, the Chinese, and the communists of the DSA, they've all got the same wants and desires. That's what the Red Green Alliance is. Of course, it is the only people dumb enough to introduce Islamis to their society is the whole of Europe and now more and more of the United States. So by saying that Pazeshkia put on the table that sanctions and other things are working. We know from Major Mike Lions, we know from Stephen Yates that oil is indeed moving around the ue in Oman coast. They're on the Persian Gulf, which means that the Iranians can't see it or they can't get to it. They don't have the weaponry they can get to it. We know from the reporting of Noah Rothman over at National Review wor at about seventy five to eighty percent of prewar oil moving along that coast. Now, this will bring us to then, why in the world aren't gas prices down? Well, gas prices aren't necessarily down, because that's a trailing indicator. Why aren't barrel futures down? And that's a place where I wouldn't mind President Trump get a whole bunch of upity with some people saying what do you think you're doing? Because that is an issue. I'm not a populist, but everyone could see that one right there. What did Pozeshkia do Now. Pozeshkia, now in continued talks, says that the Ayatola Kamane the dead one, not the dead one, the dead one. So there's the old, dead one that you knew as the Ayatola, until, of course we killed the Ayatola or was it the Israelis? I don't know. It was Uso as a friend, that's cool. And then there was the son who became the new Iyahtola, the baby Nepato, as Ed Morrissey would say. And then we think he's dead and no one's seen him. And if he is alive, he's drooling into a cup. Pozhkia, the president of Iran, says of the old ayah Tola that he favored backing a diplomatic solution to end the feud with the United States. Now, before we go any further, can we both say together because we're friends, right, we're buddy, as we hang bull crap. That didn't happen, That never happened. There's no way that happened. That's a lie. Now it is the Iranian regime, so everything is a lie. Everything is a lie. We are to believe that the Ayatola wanted to get peace. So Pozzeshkia, which is now written again as Pozeskian, good lord, with strength, but with logic, we could sit down and resolve our problems. Is that right? It is better that we bring the war to an end now as we are in a position of power and dignity. No, you're not. You're begging. You're begging. You have come to realize that you are in a worse position than you thought. Maybe, indeed, as some people have been discussing for a while now, the strategy of we're going out, we're going to control the straight, we're going to abuse people on the Strait of Hormuz, maybe that strategy was not the best strategy. Maybe that strategy is a one trick pony. And once that trick is done, well, seventy five percent of the oil can get through. If we're moving more oil out of the Texas, Louisiana, Alabama area, that Gulf area than ever, well, maybe that's enough. Maybe that's enough to satisfy, Maybe that's enough to mollify. Maybe that's the reason. Even though oil price is the barrel price is still too high. The economy, well in a bad place, isn't off the cliff. The economy is one of the weirdest things going on out there. You and I both know in the every day everything is more expensive. People are still buying this is like COVID spend all over again. We take a look at the numbers, we take a look at the inflation. We're like, this don't make no sense. And yet you go to a mall or any luxury place, people have bags, they're buying. It's fascinating. Nothing matters. Now, that's going to bring us to a debt bomb. And what's going on with credit card debt where you've got one point two to two to one point two three trillion dollars where the credit card debt in the last quarter. This is not going to be good. But while the price is higher, and certainly the left has been complaining, and people can talk about affordability from now to the end of time, and there are worthy discussions within this, it hasn't broken US. Manufacturing is still up, and maybe they've come to realize that the economic sanctions are gonna hurt them longer. Their philosophy was they can outweight Trump, they can wait through the midterms and then get them to lose, get them, impeach, break them that way. Maybe. I mean, if it's you and me sitting on a barcelol having a bourbon, very possible right that could absolutely positively be the strategy, no question about it. That doesn't mean that strategy is gonna work, and it doesn't mean it exists in an isolated way. So this is a great example of how media tries to paint the picture of here's the only way this happens. This the way it goes on, and it isn't. There are multiple things happening, and the idea that everything wasn't going to work for Trump that was never true. We said it. Of course, I disagree with the philosophy. I believe you got to take out the regime. It's the only thing that will work in the long term is ending this regime, ending the Islamist having them destroyed, quite literally, the raising of buildings in Iran by the people, administrative offices, moss everything. The people are gonna have to do that in order to show the end of the regime. That's how that one's gonna work. I mean, history does what it does. But they were relying on being able to outweig Trump, and no one ever asked the question, can they outweight themselves? Wait, hold on, I know one group of people that did. We did. We asked if he can outweight himself, if they can outwait themselves. We asked if the Iranian regime can handle this and the answer based on now two pieces from this President posess ki In I got an official it's with an end, it's got the end and there the answer is no, they can't wait it out. They just can't. So what is it that we are going to see Bessen to unleash today? Because we know that this is going to apply to anybody who's a trade partner. The real thing to watch is will it apply to anybody connected to Do you know the answer? Oh, yes you do. I can already hear you saying it China, correct. That's where the pressure point comes in China and Russia because the word I'm street was that Russia was doing resupply. I don't know what else you can sanction of the Russians. I really don't know what else that could be. But if no one is willing to buy any Iranian oil, if no one is willing to do this with a Ran, no one willing to do that with the RAM, the cost is too high, Well that's what I'm looking for in these sanctions. That's what I'm looking for from Besson in this discussion. We're gonna find out. Keep it here. I'm Tony Katz and this is Tony Katz today. So gerger LLINs, they're so angry they might throw a silver medal at us. Is that too soon?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, maybe Tony Kats Tony Kats today, guys. Good to be here, Good to be with you. The Prime Minister of Canada, Mark Carney, took to the microphone and oh he was steaming. But you know, in good Canadian spirits steamen, we'll see. I believe that was French for we surrender. I might be I might be wrong. This has to do with the tariff. So before I mean, before the weekend began, everything was was great and everybody was they were, they were, they were on the same tune and they were gonna work this out before fifty tariffs went into effect. And then all of a sudden, Canada becomes the Iran of the Western hemisphere. Oh that's not nice at all, Tony. And they're like, you're not dealing with us as an honest broker. This is not working. Goodbye, and they walk away from the negotiating table. Now, this was a fifty percent tariff on a whole host of things, and one can argue that there's really no need for the fifty percent tariff at all, no need whatsoever. You know where I'm at, which is the tariffs are taxes, and we're the ones who pay it tariff strategically, I can live with tariffs as a philosophy. I cannot, just can't. Absolutely. I think it's a terrible idea. I think it has kept the inflation where it is. It could have been much lower and we'd all be better off, not a fent. The Canadians think everything is about this fifty first state nonsense. Now, if you were to take a look at Canada population wise, if you were to take a look Canada GDP wise, you actually could make an argument for it. The population of Canada is thirty nine point one nine million people. The population of Florida is twenty three point four to six million people. Case rested. You also have when talking about the Canadians, this this fifty first state idea. People forget that they are Canadians. They don't appreciate being spoken to like this. They find this stuff frustrating and ugly and despicable and low rank and low class, and who the bloody heck are you? They are taken aback by this from Trump. They find the whole thing wholly disgusting. They don't want any part of it, and so they acted. We put tariffs on them, they put tariffs on us. They weren't buying some bourbon, they were buying some other things. Okay, this latest round, one could argue, well, this is because Canada is not doing enough when it comes to securing in the northern border, something called the Swanton sector s wa NTN. This is in the Vermont area. And yes, it's been an issue Chinese nationals and a host of others. But speaking of China, one of the other issues has been the importation. We're talking about steel and how steel comes in, and we're talking about electric vehicles. China has been importing electric vehicles or exporting electric vehicles to Canada. Canada has been importing electric vehicles. These vehicles are ten thousand percent ten thousand percent rolling surveillance machines. That's all they are. They are keeping an eye on you, they are keeping an eye on me. They are transmitting back, no question. Did I hear it right? A friend was telling me this story that Polaris, which sells electric vehicles, will not as of twenty twenty seven be able to sell in No, not Polaris, sorry, Polestar. Polestar is the name. Polestar will not be able to sell in the US market in twenty twenty seven because ownership comes from China and we don't allow that stuff here Canada. Taking in electric vehicles is a serious problem for US because let's say someone owns in Toronto or Windsor and an electric car from China. Are they allowed to drive into the United States? And before you answer, allow me no, turn the car around. You're not allowed to enter the United States. I don't care what you're re and is what your rationale is. I don't even care about your sick kid. That's how much we have to say. We don't allow it. Our safety and our security that comes first. You know, people talk about this America first thing. And I've never been a guy who really was, you know, in favor of that as an expression. But if we are going to use it as an expression as the Tuckers, Marjorie Taylor Green, Thomas Massey set want to use, maybe we should discuss what it means. Maybe we should ask ourselves whether or not these things do matter. And as I would argue there's a hierarchy. Some things come first, we come first. I don't know there's anything wrong with that. So we do have some issues with Canada. I don't know of another. Fifty percent tariff is the thing that makes a difference. It's now on twenty billion dollars worth of Canadian products. Canada has responded by saying we are going to add Torris on American good on our goods. Dealing with America, darry is going to be a big one. Fishing rods, cement wine a Canadian wine. What in the world I'm assuming that's syrup. I'm just I'm not an expert. And then they're gonna put a tariff on hockey equipment. So that's fine, that's fine. If we need any protection, we'll just cover ourselves with our gold medals. That's twice. That's twice. I've made an Olympics dig and I feel good about that. Canada saying they asked too much and offered too little. Well maybe, and if this is how you want to negotiate, I can't stop them, nor do I actually fault them. Go ahead and negotiate this way. This might play very well at home, might make the economics rough, but it might play very well for the Canadians. We don't take no gup from Trump. Maybe Canadians have decided that they'll pay more, but they won't bow to Trump and everything will be better and they'll just wait them out. You know. There's a message in that. There's a huge message in that, and there's also the recognition that this is the story today. Tomorrow a deal can be struck and it all goes away. The first rule of trump Ism as Trump wins, and the second rule of trump Ism is that a deal can always be made as long as that adheres to the first rule of trump Ism. Do I think Mark Carney is playing this wrong? Look. I think the tariffs are wrong. So I think the whole thing is just flat out nutty. But all politics are local. And one of the things that the Trump faithful and the Maga faithful have to do is recognize that Carney owes Trump nothing. He owes it to himself to get reelected. That's true of South Korea, which I think is more and more upset with what has happened with these wargames, and North Korea. That is true of Sinnai Takaichi, the prime minister there in Japan. It's true of all of them. Don't forget that in the great scheme of things. But time has a way of changing it around. We might actually I would bet money on it. We see that from Canada. I just don't have any loans on me. Isn't like the looney or something. Their money. All right, We'll betting Sarah because at least that's delicious to Canada. Joke people, this is a tonic thout the.
Speaker 4: Thing when you hear Kelly Leffler rightfully talk about the rise of socialism. One of the things we believe in the Trump administration is that the way to defeat socialism it's not to throw slogans at people. It's not politician talk and repeating the same old thing. It's given people a real stake in the future. Now, thousand dollars may not sound like much, but you take one thousand dollars to a child born tomorrow in the United States of America, and you give that child eighteen years of compounding, eighteen years of interest accrued, eighteen years of investing in something. And that's how we make the next generation of Americans have a real state. In the next generation of the American economy.
Speaker 2: Now, I have nothing against compounding. I suggest you start investing now, ladies and gentlemen. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today. I am not your financial advisor. I'm not. We might have the same last name, but I am not your financial advisor. I don't even know if people consider that joke funny anymore. I'm good with it. Haha, teh. Everyone calm down a little. But he's he's wrong in the presentation, which jd Vance drives me crazy, because jd Vance is wrong about in terms of it is not land, it is indeed an idea. He's wrong about that. He's wrong on foreign policy when we discuss where the threat is and how the threat must be dealt with the isolationism which he espouses without the utilizing that phraseology, I don't think is of value. Not being involved in everything is worthwhile. Thinking that you can't be involved in the people who want to be involved with you, that's just denial. And then this, the way to defeat socialism is not through slogans. It's by giving Americans a real stake in the future. It's explaining to them that they are their own future. So if you say to me, you defeat socialism by the government giving every baby one thousand dollars so it could be invested. I don't think that swims as well as he does. That does not move the way he thinks it does. He's got the conceptually, He's right there.
Speaker 4: And that's what you'd got to do if you want to fight socialism.
Speaker 2: Give people a stake in the future.
Speaker 4: The Democrats are running a very corrupt game, which is they're trying to tear down this country, tear down our young people, tear down our military, and what's left over with the ashes of what they've torn down is socialism. Well, we've got a different approach, my friends. We want to invest in you, we want to fight for you, and we want to fight for your children's future. We're going to defeat socialism by giving you a stake in the American dream, and that's how we're going to.
Speaker 2: Win the future. Can I ask what stake they don't have right now? They want to live good lives, they want their kids to live good lives. I'm asking the question, where's how do they not have a stake? What is this approach from the Vice president? Because it sounds, oh, don't get angry with me. It sounds like it sounds a bit like the socialism. We're going to give you this stuff, and we're going to give you that stuff. We're gonna do this stuff for you. We're gonna do that stuff for you. That's what it sounds like. That's how it comes across. And let me say again, for the people in the cheap seats, do you know how talented JD. Mances? JD. Man's a stupid talented You want to hear a good line.
Speaker 4: And whenever I'm in Maine, I gotta give Susan a little bit of crap, because, as you know, Susan is the most independent member of the United States Senate, and as the president of the United States Senate, she sometimes makes my job just a.
Speaker 1: Little bit harder.
Speaker 4: But she makes it harder because she is coming to work every single day and fighting, not for a political party or.
Speaker 2: Not for any abstraction.
Speaker 4: She comes to work every single day and she fights for the great people of Maine.
Speaker 2: That line is so good. That line is so good for the state of Maine. Why did she vote against Todd blanche for Attorney General? She voted against nomination because she needed to show the people of Maine that she was independent of Trump. Everybody knows this. I assume that people of Maine know this. You know this. But that's exactly why it happened. She needed the out the vote Countador was already there. They already knew what they were gonna do about McConnell, and that's how Blanche Blanche got confirmed fifty to forty nine. Really, shame on the Democrats who in Toto didn't vote for him. They were wrong. And as for Lisa Murkowski, the Senator from Alaska, is always wrong. She doesn't fight for a political party, She fights for the great people of Maine. Come on awesome line and beautifully delivered. He is able and capable. When we get into policy, it just does not connect. His policies are not policies that one can consider having great value. Because if the answer is you don't want socialism, rather you want the United States government to give your kids a thousand dollars thousand dollars free healthcare, what's the difference. Honestly, what's the difference in the methodology. Now we're only talking about the amount. It's the methodology that's the issue, right, It doesn't matter if you're willing to accept fifty bucks to sleep with someone, or fifty thousand dollars to sleep with someone, you're still a prostitute. Is that not an acceptable way to explain this. I think this is an acceptable way to explain this. Do I like the idea of being able to set up accounts where others can invest in our kids show? That's fine by me. So the Trump account concept is totally fine. As long as we are discussing where the money is coming from. It's not from US tax credits and things like that, Well that's completely fine because we're talking about not having to pay the government, you keeping your own money. Totally cool with that. So maybe that's what he means, isn't how it came across across is We're going to give you money so you have a steak in America's future. And the problem with that is that they already have a steak in America's future. They're Americans. We have a steak. But I can tie this to President Trump on beef imports where he is feeling the heat, and I'm gonna say, for the record, I will get him on the show. Congressman Marlin Stutsman is out of Indiana. I know the congressman. He is not too far from where I work, and this is about labeling on products. So there's the idea. And I don't know if Thomas Massey had wanted this as well, because I've stopped paying attention to his anger, screaming, yelling, bigotry, silliness. But one thing I think we would all agree on, and as a matter of fact, if we didn't agree on it, I would think it very peculiar, Like, regardless of party, don't we want products that we buy to be labeled where they were made. That's a standard. I believe Amazon should have to do this in very large type, the kind of type your grandpa can read without glasses, Like very large type. It should be easy to understand where it comes from, because I think for a lot of us, maybe not all of us, that will determine whether or not we buy the product, and that information, the country of origin information, is hidden from us. So Stutsman is talking about this in regards to American beef, the beef story, I think I have it right now now, and I also have a theory. Tell me what you think. You can email me Tony at tonycats dot com. Anytime, love to talk to you. President Trump wants to introduce three hundred thousand metric tons of ground beef into the US economy, not have any tariffs on that beef as a way of augmenting our supply and helping to bring down costs because beef is at an all time high. The reaction has been, what in the world are you doing a cattle ranchers, This is just a mess. Might be well intentioned, but it's going to exacerbate long term stock shortage in the cattle industry. Now, for those who may not know, we are at a low on cattle. The herd is as low as it's been since nineteen between nineteen fifty and nineteen fifty five. That's part of our problem. We have not replenished supply, replenishing the herd, and that takes time. Just like aging a bourbon. You can't rush that stuff.
Speaker 5: All the ai in.
Speaker 2: The world can't rush a bourbon. Boo boo. It's going to take it's two years, so it can be straight bourbon. It's gonna take it's four years, it's gonna take it eight years, or whatever it is you need. It's going to take time to do that. It's gonna take time to replenish the herd. Trump's philosophy is if we introduce the beef, we bring down the costs, and that's good for midterms. We also take the pressure off of the cattle rancher and allow them to allow the herd to grow. The President's argument is a legitimate argument. The problem is that that argument is countered by a multiplicity of people saying this is not the way to do it. The herd may need time, but while you're waiting for the herd to grow, you're telling the American cattle industry, the beef industry, screw you. Now, you're gonna get even less, even though you're already paid, saying more for everything it takes to raise the cattle. This brings us into another part of it, the regulatory environment around cattle. What is it that they're paying for. One of the places that's a massive problem the processing of beef. We have a problem with not enough USDA inspection plants, and those costs are outrageously high, which is leading to higher costs for us I'm not saying we should be sloppy with beef. I'm not talking about bringing back the slaughterhouses. Of the thirties. I am saying, we're making it too difficult. We also have, because of war in Ukraine, a very high price of fertilizer, which we've been dealing with for five years now. Farmers use fertilizer. There's feed, there's a whole host of things. So you have these things that are causing the higher costs. And now you're telling the American beef a world there that they're going to have to compete with if I'm out of country source possibly Argentina, other places, and they're gonna be able to sell it for less. Now we've got to be able to compete. And the next thing you know, they're making even less money on their beef of anything at all. That is where the pushback is. The President is making an argument. But the pushback argument, I argue, is the right one. And when we discussed this on Fridays this was just coming out. What I said was I'm not a fan of this after walking through it, and by the way, I could still be swayed by talking to more farmers, talking more ranchers. Email me tonyatonycats dot com. This is a mistake. This is not the route we should go now. Some people are saying, hey, it's just for ninety days. A lot of bad things can happen in ninety days, and as we all know, something that's ninety days could last longer. Because if I remember correctly, and tell me if I'm wrong, it was fifteen days to flatten the curve. I could hear your head shaking in agreement, like, oh yeah, so this is not a cut and dry issue. It's a worthy discussion point. I just believe that the winner of this and the position I take is that we shouldn't be doing this importation. We do have to let the herd grow. And what can we do to help the herd grow? And one of the things I've been hearing from cattleanchers tax credit. We'll dig into that in the days ahead. Keep it here. This is Tony kats today, read up through fifty Washington, DC, Indy Car and it was exceptional that town lost their mind. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, an absolute pleasure to be with you guys. What's going down? What's with everybody? Here's the story. Indye Car decides they're going to bring a road race, the road course to DC. Trump wants to do it. They had actually tried to do it and Congress wasn't interested, and then Trump said we should do this. The next thing you know, it's happening. DC gets behind this in a very very amazing way, including the Democrat mayor Muriel Bowser, who gave the command, drivers to your cars. They set up a course. See I thought the course had the cars heading towards the Capitol. No, they wanted the visual of the Capitol and the background is the cars were coming towards you. Seven turns was at one point seven miles. I believe it was. It was outstanding That town went crazy. They'd never seen anything like it before. And one of the things that they did. I was not expecting this. On Pennsylvania Avenue, where they had the big straightaway speeds of one hundred and seventy three miles an hour, people were able to get on balcons and rooftops, I would not have figured they would have allowed that at all. In DC, they got on rooftops to watch and they're sharing video. They're like, do they really know how fast these cars go? Now you guys know that I'm in Indianapolis. I get to do pre race coverage of the Indy five hundred every year. I've done this for a decade. Until you've seen two hundred and thirty three miles an hour, you don't know nothing. And then they're like, oh my gosh, say we know how loudness is. This is amazing, as everybody tells me, because I didn't live in Indiana at the time. If you heard Indie Car when they had Stug carburetors, that noise was heard across the state, the ground would rumble and it's loud. Now people are like, this are the coolest things ever. And the party was great, and there was a note to this, like a footnote. There were no protests, not a protest in DC. People just had a good time. Hole Kirkwood wins. He really did run the show. He has been great on road courses and now you've got a real fight for the IndyCar Championship, which is very, very cool because the spread is like ninety one points and that's an easy thing to overcome between Kirkwood and Alex Below. Is this going to happen again? That's a question. That's a question for IndyCar and no one else, because I mean, this is a real dollars and sends thing here. Costs a lot to do this. I got to assume DC wants it. I'm not. I'm just sure if IndyCar wants it every year. But could it happen again? My money's on Yes. This is Tony Katz today.
Speaker 1: Why from the Hartland and the Crossroads of America.
Speaker 2: It's Tony Katz today.
Speaker 5: Welcome back everybody to Tony Katz Today. Welcome, Welcome everybody. You can probably tell this is Tony, this is Kia Davis. He needed somebody to step in really quick while he ran out to take care of some other commitments. But luckily he's always got me in the pocket. Kia Davis coming to you live from southern California. It's always a pleasure. You guys know me by now. It's always a pleasure to be here. But in case your new year, let me just tell you. Want to know a little bit about who I am. Best place to go two places actually, X at Kira Davis Kiria Davis, or hit up my website at just Kiradavis dot com and you'll see all the stories I'm working on, all the things that I do, and I fill in for radio across the entire country. But TKT is one of my favorite shows. So I'm not quite sure what you guys have been talking about in the first hour. I was busy quickly prepping for the last two hours. But luckily for us, there is no shortage of thing to talk about it. I'm definitely going to start with Indiana, though you guys know that I'm from well, my family and I are from Gary, Indiana. We live in California. Now, I'm not from there. I'm not a native Indiana and but I'm married into Gary and we lived there for ten years. My husband was born and raised. Their family still there and that's where we moved to California from. And as you guys know, they're in Indianapolis and Indiana and probably by now across the rest of these United States. Gary's been without power for two weeks after an incredible storm hit northwest Indiana area and just too quickly. I'm sure Tony's been talking about this a bit at least, but just to quickly get you up to date on what's going on there, it's everybody else is pretty much restored around there, but Gary, and I think parts of Hammond and Munster are still without power. We talked to my uncle a third family member who's a senior citizen. My aunt and uncle lived there and we they're seniors, were like, how are you guys doing? And my uncle said, we have no intention of leaving. Or it's summertime there, y'all. There's no ac no fans. You know, it's miserable. And he said, we're not leaving because if we leave, there's going to be nothing to come back to because the roving gangs of home invaders and thieves and gang members are going to come into this house. And believe me, my uncle is strapped. He's like old school Gary. He is strapped. So he is like, I'm not leaving this because they're gonna come in. They're going to take everything. And that's part of what's going on in Gary, and per usual, the leadership of Gary is blaming everybody else but themselves. Now, I'm not saying that the nip that Nipscow doesn't have, that's the power company. If you're listening outside Gary or outside of Indiana, I'm not saying Nipsco has no culpability. My goodness, I'm in California and we can share our own horror stories about the power companies. The things that they get away with and their twisted relationship with local government. I'm more than one hundred percent sure NIPSCO has a lot of culpability here. But some things are outside your control, especially as a mayor or if you are a local elected Some things are outside of your control. But some things are inside of your control. And one thing you can do is make sure that your city is prepared for emergency. You have the proper emergency response set up cities, larger cities and cities that are well run, although I'm not quite sure where those cities are anymore, but well run towns and cities, they have contingencies, just like our nation has contingency plans. There's an entire group of people whose job it is in the American government to just game out every contingency plan, alien invasion, tsunami that engulfs the entire continentally the United States rain that never stops, massifire, coups, corruption. They have game plans for everything. That's their job, and that's what a city needs to do as well, especially a city that is on Lake Michigan, one of our great lakes. That is the other thing that is so sad to me about Gary Gary has no excuse to be the way that it is. It has every resource available to it. It is thirty miles from one of our major cities, Chicago. It sits directly on Lake Michigan. It has access to all of the resources of that area. The steel mills closed many years ago, but some are still operating, so it has access to some work, but it has access to Chicago, where there's tons of work. Architecture is amazing. I wouldn't necessarily suggest you take a stroll through Gary, but if you happen to be riding through Gary, stay in your car, but also take a look at the crumbling architecture. My husband and I bought our first home there, and it's a beautiful home, nineteen twenties brick corner lot. Just a gorgeous home, but sat right in the middle of the hood and so wouldn't count as a gorgeous home and wasn't classified as a gorgeous home, not tax wise. I'm saying that Gary has everything it needs to be successful. What it doesn't have is good leadership. And I've seen a lot of the leadership in Gary and in other places on the left talking about how isn't it a coincidence that Gary is one hundred percent black. The mayor's black, every single person in government, every single person in government is black. I don't know if I ever met a white person working in Gary government. And I worked with alongside the Gary government when I lived there because I ran an after school program. That's what made me a conservative, y'all. Gary, Indiana is the place that made me a conservative. I was a mindless liberal when I got married and went in there. But I've always been community oriented. I've always been you know, my that's my faith right says you serve your community. So I immediately jumped in to community service when I got there, and when I got to see how all of the things that I was voting for all these years, I mean I was very young, wasn't that many years. I was twenty four when I got married. But I saw all of the things that I had been voting for, and I got to see how those policies work up close and in real time, and I realized they don't work. And it started making me look at things differently. I realized I was wrong. Education is where it started, because that's what I was doing and what I realized every way all the ways we were approaching education was actually hobbling these kids, hobble our black children, and Gary hobbling them. I realized, oh, I've been wrong about this, and it started me thinking about, well, what else was I wrong about? This is why people, this is why a paradigm shift is so rare for people, because of most I'm going to venture to say, most people do not have the capacity to retroactively catch their morals up or values up if they have a paradigm shift. And that's why the brain fights so hard against absorbing new information, conflicting information, information that might change how things look. That's why, because it's a domino effect, right, If you allow it to happen, then you start thinking about all of the other thing. That's why during COVID they wouldn't let us even whisper the idea of natural immunity. Once you start talking about natural immunity, then you start talking about vitamin C, vitamin D, how you can protect yourself. Then you start thinking about all of the different ways the government says they are protecting you or can protect you, but really doesn't they actually prevent you from protecting from being protected and protecting yourself. So it just starts this cascade, that of knowledge or revelation that a lot of people can't handle. So Gary, really, Gary Indiana is why I'm sitting on this mic today. That is no lie. If not for Gary Indiana, I probably would not be filling in for Tony Katz today. But Gary Indiana made me into a conservative. And what they do is every election cycle, the same, the usual suspects come out. I actually wrote about this on the AX go to my ex account, the same, the usual suspects come out. Now again, Gary's almost one hundred percent black on paper, I think it's like seven or eight percent Lutino and a few white people. The white people live in Miller, everybody. If you want to see what Gary's real problem is, go and look at the beachside enclave of Miller, which is a cute, cool little town. I think it's having trouble as always with the leadership, but that's where the white folks live, or people who have some kind of money. They live in Miller. It's right on the beach. It's a little beachside town. It's gorgeous, and the people there have so far been able to withstand a lot of the pressure from the Gary government. But the Gary government is always punishing Miller because they're the only ones who really pay taxes. And it happens to be divided by a highway. Now I don't think it always was, but a freeway came through there and it's divided from the rest of Gary. So it's got a little bit of a different vibe, not totally, but a little bit. And that's what Gary could be. Miller is what Gary could be. But every election cycle, the usual suspects come out and even though everything's all black there and everyone who runs everything is black, the usual suspects come out and they say, we got to protect Gary from the white man. We gotta protect Gary from the Republicans. There's no Republicans in Gary. I mean, you know, running we got to protect Gary from the Republicans. We gotta protect Gary from Pick your president, pick your governor, pick your local leaders that are in the news. The narrative always is the white people are coming for our black town and if you don't elect us, they're gonna come and change the city. Now the city needs to be changed, right, But that's what they run on and the few people who vote, and I don't think it's that many. I've never looked at their turnout numbers. But the few people that vote, they just they fall for the banana and the tailpipe every time. So they're just electing and re electing the same people over and over again. Gary's dysfunction is its own issue, its own problem. It doesn't have anything to do with the governor, the president, or any white people. In my estimation, I'm going to continue this train of thought, but let's take quick break. I'm Kia Davis filling in for Tony Katz. You're listening to Tony Katz today. Welcome back, everybody too, Tony Katz Today, I'm your guest host, Kia Davis, stepping in for Tony. I do run out and take care of a commitment, but I'll be with you for the rest of the show. Check me out on x at Kira Davis. Go buy my book Drawing Lines, Why Conservatives Must Begin to Battle fiercely in the Arena of Ideas. I wrote it in twenty twenty two, and I don't think it's ever been more relevant than it is at this very moment, because it is a whole book about how you can get engaged right where you are. The issues that you should be concerned about, and there's a plethora of them, so you have a lot to choose from. But it's really encouraging everybody to become a soldier in this war. We really are battling for the culture. Nothing has proven that to mean more than the very strange discussion we've been having lately around the Lindsey Clancy trial and the murder of her children in postpartum depression. I'm going to get to that in the next segment, but I do want to finish up my thoughts on Gary here. I was just talking about how it is one hundred percent black and black leadership and one hundred percent failure all of the time. When I lived there, Gary public schools almost all of them lost their national accreditation. That means they were not accredited schools. They were failing. The state tried to take over Gary three different times in my time in Gary, but each time the city would pitch a it, we'd start screaming about racism and the state would back off. Meanwhile, nothing changes for the residents. Everything gets worse. I wanted to so I wrote a little diatribe on X about why Gary is falling apart. I said Gary is our former hometown. Let me tell you why they are still without power. People keep shooting at the NIPSCO trucks, roving gangs of thieves and home invaders, and limited police presence. Infrastructure is poorly maintained. Untrimmed trees are making access to power lines difficult, Damaged streets and sidewalks, abandoned buildings everywhere. City leadership has been hopelessly lazy and corrupt for decades. Many like the new mirror, but he has clearly not prepared the city for emergency. Our senior citizen uncle is there and refuses to leave his home because he knows if he leaves, there will be nothing to come back to. Everyone there is at the mercy of criminals, the weather, and a chronically incompetent local government. It may also interest you to know that Gary is considered the bluest city in America. Yes, it's actually a title that the News gives Gary during each election cycle when they're waiting for Indiana returns to come in. Next time, you're going to notice them say it. They just watch MSNBC or something or whatever or MS SNOW whatever they are. Now watch them. They'll tell you. Oh, we're waiting. They're always waiting for the Gary returns. Right, of course, they're always that's always the last place to return because they need to know how much numbers they need to make up when the rest of Indiana has weighed in, So they're always the last to return. And then you'll always hear some talking heads say, oh, it's the bluest city in America. It's something like one. You know, ninety nine percent Democrat registration is just ridiculous. They have nearly total Democrat support. I'm not one to defend the power companies. Nipskoe has their own issues, but the reason Gary is still offline is because most of the people there keep voting for more of the same at every turn. The city has everything it needs to be a great city. It's on Lake Michigan, has incredible architecture, It's just thirty miles from Chicago. It lost a lot of revenue when the steel mills closed, but there has never been a good reason for its failure decade after decade. It's poor leadership and a disengaged population. It's not racism, it's apathy and thievery. We literally have no one to blame for gary condition. Except ourselves black people. That is the truth that I saw with my own eyes that my husband's family lived their entire lives. And when I went into leadership there, when I went into community service there, I was shocked at the amount of people who really did worked in government, who really didn't care if the city got better. They really did not want to help anyone help the city. For them, it was a power trip. And I'll tell you this is how dysfunctional government, period is. I always use this story a lot when I talk about dysfunctional government, why everything costs so much in government? But this is Gary at its finest. So for a while, for a short while, I did some temp work there and I worked in I think the unemployment office, one of the government offices downtown, just a few days a week. And that office was staffed to the max for a city of sixty to seventy thousand people. They had way too many employees. Worse, those employees did nothing. They were on the internet all day. I would sit there and just watch them just surf the net all day. And maybe not even because they were lazy, they probably literally had nothing to do. They were just hired. So one day I was working the front desk and I was in charge of ordering supplies, and a guy, one of the men that worked there, came to me. He said, I want some headphones, new headphones for my computer. And he gave me the office Max catalog. He's like, order them out of here. He said, I just want to watch my videos. That's what we said, I want to watch my videos. Well, the cheapest pair of headphones in the catalog was one hundred and fifty dollars at the time, that's what was They were professional headphones. So I said, this is a lot of money for a pair of headphones. Do you want me to just take petty cash, run across the street to Family Dollar and get like a five dollars pair. How about that? Because this is taxpayer money. And he was like, no, I don't want a cheap pair of headphones. Order the ones out of the book. So I wasn't even allowed to run directly across the street pick up a pair of five dollars headphones. So this man could watch his YouTube videos at work. The taxpayers had to pay one hundred and fifty dollars for him to have headphones to watch YouTube at work. That's the extent of the corruption in a place like Gary. And I'm sure that's not the only place, but it really opened my eyes to a lot. And even when my husband and I were doing charity work there and we were trying to set up a charity, we're trying to set up an after school program, and we were trying to set up like scholarships for kids to go to some of the private schools there. We did a lot of work there. We're trying to do like reinvestment and redevelopment work there. While we were there, we hit a blockade at every.
Speaker 2: Corner.
Speaker 5: There was always some that won there to block us. Even the former mayor, Richard Hatcher of Indiana, of Gary, Indiana, got in our business at one point. It was crazy. You couldn't if you wanted to do something good, there was somebody there to tell you around every corner why you couldn't do it and why the city did not want to participate in it. And every election cycle they came out and they say, oh, white people are they They're going to ruin this city. Gary's a black city. The politicians say that so proudly, and it's failing, and it's failing at citizens right now, there's no reason why people should be hungry, hot, and at risk sitting in this town that is on Lake Michigan, thirty miles from Chicago. You should have resources there immediately. The National Guard has been deployed, it is I think only about seventy guardsmen right now. What they really need is for a full, a full accouterment of the National Guard to be there, to start studying the streets, making sure people can move about freely. Because people can't even leave their homes to go get gas. You got to go outside the city to get it. They can't even leave their homes to get gas because if you leave for too long, someone's coming in and taking your stuff. It's crazy, man, But it's not the white man's fault. Gary is responsible for its own problems. I got more coming up. We got to take a break. I'm Kira Davis filling in for Tony Katsay. Welcome back everybody to Tony Katz today. Tira Davis here filling in for my friend Tony Katz. Coming to you live from southern California. So glad to be in the mic with you. Tony just had to scoot out. Don't worry, I got you as always. Well, I was just sharing a little bit of my Gary experience and why the city of Gary, it has only has itself to blame. You can't blame the power company. I mean you excuse me. You can blame the power company to some extent. They have a monopoly it. Yeah, they they're not the greatest. But that being said, any functioning American city should be able to withstand a period of emergency. Otherwise, what is the point of your government. What is the point the city should be able to rally make sure everybody's got gas generators, you know, for all the taxes that people pay in that town, and the taxes are not commiserate with the income level. I'll say that the former mayor or the mayor who was the mayor when I was when I was leaving Gary, was Rudy Clay. And Rudy in a city that was so poor it couldn't fit, It couldn't afford to fix potholes. A city of sixty thousand, sixty to seventy thousand people like, it's a really empty town. Mayor Clay had a detail of three Navigate Lincoln Navigator SUVs and six personal bodyguards. Six on the city for the mayor of Gary six. So that money is the money is there, it's being sucked up by the political class. And yes, they can't go and build a transformer, which apparently is what Nipsko is needing to do, rebuild transformers, and that takes a while. Yes, I understand they cannot go build the transformers, but they can make sure their city is safe for Nipskoe workers to come into. If you go to my ex feed and you read the post I made about Gary, you're gonna see dozens of comments underneath saying, yeah, I used to work for Nipskoe, or I used to work in repairing Gary, or I used to drive through Gary on my way to work. And you know when I worked at Nipskoe, no one wants. No one wanted to be on the crew to go into Gary. For decades, these people are saying this. One lady said from the sixties this was going on. No one ever wanted to go into Gary. That's a complete failure of leadership, right, that's a leadership problem. You can at least make your streets safe to get people in there to help. So this is not And then and then, just now, as I was on X. I was reading a post from Justin Pearson, who is the weird cause player black power kid from Memphis. You've seen him. He's got the he's got the afro, and he was doing the black power thing when they were redistricting and just a skinny little nerd you know, who grew an afro and then suddenly became mister black Power. And he's still out there talking even though he got redistricted out. He's still out there talking, he says. After a thunderstorm last night, one hundred thousand households and Memphis are without power, possibly until Thursday. It's ninety degrees outside. Another majority black working class city left in the dark. Well, he's almost there, right, He's almost got it. Yeah, Why do Why isn't the majority black cities that are without power, that are failing, that can't seem to rebound quickly from emergencies. Is it that there isn't the mysterious force of racism from outside the boundaries of these of these cities, or could it possibly have anything to do with the leadership of these cities. I don't know how controversial I can get on Tony Show. I don't want to drive people away, but I do think we I do think we have an issue black people with governance. And I always say that. I always point people back to this little I saw this little video when I was in college. I was doing a report and I was still liberal by the way, at this time, I was doing a report on civil rights movement and I was going back through the archives in my university of civil rights recordings and videos, and I saw this report. I've never seen it again. I don't know what it was tucked into, but it was Stokely Carmichael, who was one of the leaders of the founding leaders of the student led civil rights movement, went on to be He changed his name to an African name, moved to like Barrier or something. He got really radical towards the end, but in the beginning he actually made a lot of sense. And there's a clip of him saying, Look, I don't think that we should rush into running for office. Like we have just secured these voting protections, we've just secured equal protection, all of this stuff, but we have not been trained in the proper way to interact with government or like we haven't been allowed to and so we need to train ourselves properly. So that when we get in there, we can be effective and not just become a part of the organism. But no one heeded his warning, and that's what happened. We have the Black Congressional Caucus. What the hell do they do? What do they do that has advanced black rights, black awareness, black success, prosperity? What have they done for us? Every time I talk to a black person about being Republican, they're like, what has the Republican Party done for you? Okay, I guess I could say the same thing. Because Gary votes one hundred percent Democrat, Memphis votes one hundred percent Democrat. What have they done for you? What have Democrats done for you? They've done nothing but just trade on our fears and our insecurities and our desperation, and they have brought nothing in return. I don't want the Republican Party to do anything from me. I want I want them to get out of my way. That's what I want. I want to elect government officials who will get out of my way and leave me the hell alone. I don't want a party to do anything for me. And that's another part of the problem we have here in this country in the black community, because every bad idea starts there. Every bad experiment goes there where the Canary and the coal mine. Always every bad experiment starts there. But it's it's expanding out, just like I told you it would. You didn't pay attention to what was happening to us in our cities, Republican Party, and you didn't fight for those cities. This was going to spread out to the larger population, and now it has. And now we are facing an election cycle in which the Democrat Socialists of America are actually making a play for real government offices, for real control. They're out there saying the most absurd things, the craziest things. But that's because we have not fought for people in desperate places like Gary. We have just hands off. Oh you know what, we can't compete in Gary. We're not even going to put any effort or any money in there. I talked to a guy in my podcast once, Devin Jones. He runs or did, I don't know if he's still there the South Side Chicago Republicans. He applied for a national I don't know if you get like accredited or something from the RNC. He applied for that to be an official office. They turned him down because they said the South Side is not worth our efforts or the money it will cost. So he opened the office himself and he started basically just doing community service. Now we look at what's happening to the South Side and all of Chicago. They are being overwhelmed by the DSA. Obama came and plopped down a monstrous he calls a library. I call it an idol. I think someday we're going to find out way more sinister things about that place. It looks sinister because it is sinister. We should pay attention to how things look and what they're called. I think about this a lot. Should think about what we name things that means something. But look at that we and now these people are desperate. These are people are who are ripe for political upheaval. They are ripe for the picking. Really when it comes to ideas and values. If someone can come in and offer a good solution, they're ripe for it. But the GOP is not there. Who's there the DSA and they have nothing but bad intentions. But we black people let our cities fall into disrepair. We elect people who we elect traders, people who betray their own people by stealing from us and not giving what we have asked for. We elect these people, and then when the city falls apart, the socialists come in and say, oh, this is definitely the white man's fault. Probably what you need is free healthcare. Probably what you need is more project housing. Probably what you need is fewer police and more social workers. And even if people don't think that's what they're voting for, because a lot of times these people don't announce themselves, it's what they end up voting for, it's what they end up getting. We need to be paying attention to both the degradation and desperation of our inner cities and what the DSA is doing. And I dare say they're connected. And I dare say this is all on purpose that the people who govern our inner cities like Gary, Indiana and Memphis are instructed or just culturalized into decline. The idea is that you make people miserable. And I say this all the time on my own show. Go to Jeskiradavis dot com or go look me up on X I say this all the time on my podcast. The misery is the point. Miserable people are easier to control, and look what's going on in Gary. All of those people they're they're lining up for services. My uncle and his wife, they're not lining up for services. They are helping their neighbors. They're helping themselves. Other people have come in to help them, they have had offers from people outside the city to help them. That's community response. Gary is a broken community. And while there are some community leaders who are helping and doing their very level best, there aren't enough of them. There aren't enough of them, and some of the ones who are helping are not really helping because they're just blaming all outside forces instead of saying, we need to fix this within our own boundaries. We can no longer blame other people. But is based on envy. It is an envy based system, and Black people we have been socialized into socialism across this country. It's even in our churches. It's even in our worship. The Black church has been infected with the idea of socialism. And socialism is an evil concept and it infantilizes people and it makes us dependent. Think about what they did with Martin during the Alabama bus riots. That's actually a great story of how a community can band together for an extended period of time to affect change. Those people couldn't depend on the government, and so you know what they didn't. They boycotted the buses. How did they get around? How did they get through their jobs? People offered their own cars, They started collecting money for gas, they started private taxi services. They started advertising in their own communities. Hey, this person can get you to work. This person's going back and forth year and they did it for not months, They did it for almost two years before they got what they wanted, that was a black community. They didn't quit work. They still went to work. They didn't quit life. They still you know, lived life. But they organized to protect themselves and to affect change. What has happened between then and now socialism? Socialism, that's what's happened. And Black people in America have become a socialist people and it's literally killing us. Now, all right, let's let's take another break. We'll be right back. I'm Kia Davis filling in for Tony Kats. You're listening to Tony Kats today. Welcome back to everybody, do Tony Katz today. I'm your guest host, Kia Davis filling in for Tony. I know you started the show with him, but you're going to end the show with me, so you're welcome. Now he'll be back, but he just had to scoot out, so I pick up the mic for him real quick. I was just looking at X and the break. I don't have this clip for you, but maybe you want to go find it. But it is a clip of Joe Biden speaking last night. He was somewhere, he was in South Carolina and he looks see this clip, says breaking. Joe Biden just tried to tell a crowd that he closed the border, not Donald Trump. The room went dead, silent, even a room packed with Democrats knows as a flat outlie. You can't make this up. I'm looking at the video of Joe talking and he looks as blank faced as you would imagine. Why is he still out there? What are they doing? I think it's the money. I think they're broke. We think of these people as wealthy, but they're not. They depend on the ever flowing stream of tax dollars. But the Biden's left in such disgrace. They're broke now, so I guess they're just wheeling him out. I just and who's going to see him? That's the other thing, not only is why is he talking? Who is going out and spending time, precious time, money and energy to go see him? It's so busy. Are do we have time to play this DSA clip? Christian? I want to play this clip from the DSA Zoom because it's very important given what I was just talking about about socialism and the DSA coming in and taking advantage of all the desperation in these cities. But there is a ZOOM meeting the other night, and they really are not secret about what their intentions are for our nation. And this is why you really have to take them seriously. And as you listen, I want you to think about all of the incidences of violence you have seen come across your social media feed in the last few months, and then listen to what they're saying. Go ahead and play this.
Speaker 6: We have seen that the Democratic Party establishment that we have has to be ripped out. We can actually start to grab hold of the ship of state and steer it in our direction, but it's going to be a violent process.
Speaker 3: Our country needs to change, and this Democratic Party needs to change. I was more than glad to go on Hassan's stream. This is we need as Democrats, we need to go into these spaces.
Speaker 6: Israel has a plan of creating a greater Israel in the Middle East, and.
Speaker 7: Eritz Israel would require Israel to expand quad quintuple its size by eating up half of Lebanon, parts of Iraq, parts of Egypt, most of Jordan, parts of Iran.
Speaker 6: It's not an accident that the same people that will take the APAC money take all the other money too, you know where they're messaging each other like, oh, there's a war over here, won't that be profitable for us?
Speaker 5: What if we started some instability over there.
Speaker 3: IPAC doesn't care about democracy. APAC cares about what APAC cares about, which is the corporate interest, the billionaire class in perpetuating this US colony in the Middle East that is only able to exist with our taxpayer support.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you wonder why anti Semitism is spreading so fast in this country, here it is. And it's not just the Democrats social right, it's the Muslims. It's Islam that we've been letting, you know, seep into our country for since nine to eleven. Really, and that comes with anti Semitism, but also so does the violent so does the message and the culture of violence. So when you look around and you feel like things are deteriorating, that's on purpose. The misery is the point. Stay vigilant. All right, let's take a break. I'll be back in the next hour with much more. I'll they taking me all the way home. I'm Kia Davis filling in for Tony Kats and you're listening to Tony Cats Today.
Speaker 1: Live from the Heartlier and the Crossroads of America.
Speaker 2: It's Tony Cats Today.
Speaker 5: Welcome back everybody to Tony Katz Today. We're in the third hour. Kiraa Davis taken over for my friend Tony. Had to run out really quick, but don't worry. I got you. I'm not sitting in the crossroads of America. I'm in like America's armpit, the left coast, California. But I'm so happy to be here on this mic with you guys. I'm always willing to step in and help my friend, of course. Go find me online at Eskiradavis dot com. By my book Drawing Lines, Why Conservatives must begin to battle fiercely in the arena of ideas. I want to switch gears a little bit. Here. I was trolling backs like I pretty much do every day. And I saw this clip of Mike Pence and he was giving an interview. I think he was on CNN with Dana Bash. This is what Pence does now, He goes to the liberal channels. This is how you know he's sus to me, because he really has become a liberal media darling, and that's very disappointing. I gotta say I was a you know, I'll admit I was a big Mic Pence fan early on. A lot of you all didn't feel the same way. I didn't really listen to you. But he was on with uh. He was on with Danna on CNN and she asked him about an incident, a moment when he was in office as vice president where he affirmed the gender of a transgender CIA officer, and she was just that was a lovely, heartwarming story, and so he talked about it. I want you to hear it, and then I'm gonna tell you what my problems are with it, besides the obvious. Go ahead and play the Mike Pence clip.
Speaker 2: Quickly before I let you go.
Speaker 8: I do want to ask about comments by Julia Curley, former CIA officer who served as your daily briefer during the first Trump term. She's a transor. I spoke to her earlier this week and she said, despite your different views, you treated her with quote great dignity and a big moment for her in her life. Was you telling her mother that you must be very proud.
Speaker 2: Of your daughter.
Speaker 8: What was your reaction to hearing her say that, You know, I haven't.
Speaker 9: I haven't read the article, like I appreciate the kind words, but you know, you and I've known each other long time. Dally and my conservative values are fairly well known, but maybe some people didn't quite know that among our Christian values is my wife and I believe in treating others the way that we'd like to be treated, with decency and respect. And you know, I was heartened to hear Julia reflect that that. You know, that was the experience that that took place in our office.
Speaker 5: First of all, the church bells behind him, which is cool. You don't get to hear church bells that much anymore, so that was cool and excuse you can hear dog barking in this studio. But what really piqued my interest about this was how towards the end you said you heard him really struggling to not use the gender her gender his gender, and Dana is so comfortably using she when they were obviously talking about it. He But it made me think about how, you know, Pence came into office as sort of the moderator of Trump's moderator, like he moderated Trump's personality, and we liked him because he's a good Christian man. Of course, we had a big controversy about the Pence rule, which is not a crazy rule, especially in Christian culture, and a lot of people liked him, including me. But I'll tell you when my opinion of him started to shift. It was during the twenty twenty election. It was not during the you know, the aftermath of that. It was during the twenty twenty election when he was debating Kamala Harris and the fly on his head and I remember looking at that fly landing on his head and I went out and defended him. Everyone was like, look at this, look at this, and I was like, hey, it's just it happens as a fly in the studio. So I was one of those people. But internally I wasn't ready to say it out loud, but internally I was like, maybe that's a sign, you know what I mean, Maybe that's a sign. It just felt so like such a dark warning or symbol, And I remember that was the moment I started looking at him differently.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand what the controversy was between him and Trump at the time. I'm a lot more informed now about the elections process and certifying elections and all of that stuff. Now I understand that what Trump was asking him to do was to not certify an election that was uncertifiable. And here in California we've had a number of uncertifiable elections. Almost everyone is and I'm starting to understand. I ran for office and I got caught up in all of that too, and I'm starting to understand what that issue was. So at the time, I remember thinking, I don't know, there's something off about Pence, but he's just doing his job. Now, when I look at the complete one pint eighty he has done, he's not denouncing his faith, he's not denouncing christ anything like that, but he is denouncing his conservatism. I know he's saying, oh, we're conservatives, and we believe in treating people with the same respect that we would like to be treated with. So you believe in lying to people, you want people to lie to you, mister Vice President, because that's a lie. What you said to quote Julia and to quote Julia's mother, his mother, that was a lie. You were not looking at a woman. He is not a woman. He couldn't be a woman. Furthermore, that's a mental illness. You shouldn't really be in charge of your daily briefings. What are you saying. It's not dignity to lie to people. That's not dignity. And if you're asking people to treat you the way that you treat them, you're asking people to lie to you. And I don't want you in any kind of influential office if you're okay with people lying to you, not just lying to you, lying directly in your face. And that particular lie degrades the humanity and the femininity and the protections of women like your wife, like your daughter. I think he has a daughter. That lie is so dangerous. That lie is costing young girls medals, scholarship opportunities, their entire future, their entire collegiate futures because of that attitude. Oh we just will let boy, let them play, let them play, Save the dolls let them play. That attitude is responsible for so much destruction. It really disturbs me that he used the Christian mandate to love others as we would want to be loved ourselves, to the Golden rule right, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But you know what I want. I want people to be honest with me. I don't want people lying to my base or pandering to me either so they can keep me quiet or keep me satiated. I don't want that. Why do you want that that fly on his head that was a bell weather, that was a symbol, that was an omen Because that is an explicitly anti Christian attitude, that's an explicitly anti God attitude to a firm a man to pretend a man is a woman, and then to extend that pretense to his mother as an official officer of the United States, that is, it's beyond the pale to me, and I regret ever really supporting Mike Penn's I was wrong about him, you know, And he's really taught me a lot about just being skeptical period. And I guess I should thank him because I'm able to look I love Trump as a president. I have some issues here and there, obviously, but you know, it's tempting to want to jump on that Maga bandwagon and just be all in raw raw. But Mike Pence has taught me to be skeptical, more skeptical than I have been in the past, so I'll thank him for that. But otherwise he's been nothing but a detriment to the legacy of conservatism. And the fact that he's just palin it up over there on CNN, that they just the fact that Dana bash is so nice to him and just giving him the opportunity to prove he's one of us. That should tell you a lot. That should tell you a lot. It's like when I'll tell you when Rudy Giuliani during I mean, he was treated very unfairly, I believe that, but Rudy's got his own issues. And when we saw that image of him sweating in court and the die dripping down his head, I felt like that was another symbolic moment too. That was the moment I realized Trump was going to lose. Actually there was no way to dig out of this, that his team was not prepared for whatever was going on, and that maybe that there even was some corruption in his team as well, and I'm sure there was, But that was the moment, I swear, I swear I'm not lying. That was the moment when I realized Trump wasn't getting out of the twenty twenty election and that it all was really just going to go down the train. And I was like, this is very symbolic Rudy's defense dripping down over his entire face. So maybe something you know, was being told to us from the ether and the greater consciousness that we just couldn't see now then, But I see now anyway. Boo to you, mister former Vice President Mike Pence, Boo to you. I'm ashamed of you, and I'm ashamed that you didn't take that opportunity to stand up for girls and women like your wife, and to stand up for God's creation and the order of God's creation. Shame on you. Talk about a Christian. That's not a very Christian attitude. Lying, that's not very Christian. Talk about being a Christian. Stand up for God's creation, stand up for God's values, stand up for the women and girls he created. Let's take a break. I'm Cura Davis filling in for Tony Kats and you're listening to Tony Kats today. Welcome back everybody to Tony Katz Today. Happy Monday, August twenty fourth. I'm Cura Davis filling in for two. You can find me online on at just Karradavis dot com, Jostcrea Davis dot com, or on Instagram at the same handle just Cara Davis or on ex at Kia Davis only Kiara Davis. So Canada, let's talk about it. Uh, this is a I guess the theme for today is crappy places Kira used to live, because Canada is on that list. Many of you know, I'm originally Canadian. My father was American. That's how I got here. I mean, I've been here for forty years or whatever now, but once I really originally got here as a teenager. Have gone back and forth recently until recently because my mother went no contact with our family over Trump, Over Trump and this very issue. I'm about to tee and I'm not making it up. I swear I'm not making it up over Trump and this She's a crazy hippie liberal and this issue of tariffs. Okay, so Canada is about to get hit with another round of tariffs. Trump is not playing games with them. He doesn't like what he's seeing coming out of the Canadian government and the Prime Minister Mark Kearney. And let me just redo this post I saw. Next. President Trump declares the US will immediately end all trade talks with Canada after they moved to slap a digital services tax on American tech companies. This is what we're doing in California. Actually we just did it. We just so you know, socialists love this kind of thing. We just in January. All of our services are about to get more expensive because the legislature supposedly elected, but it's a dictatorship at this point. Here in California, they voted for a new digital services tax is to punish Silicon Valley for leaving. It makes no sense, right because you're punishing people. Well, they're probably going to go where there's no punishment. But nobody said any of this stuff has to make sense. It doesn't have to make sense to them. It just has to feel good. So we're doing the same thing here. But Trump says, writes on true social we will let Canada know the tariff that they will be paying to do business with the United States of America within the next seven day period. We have just been informed that Canada, a very difficult country to trade with trade in all caps, including the fact that they have charged our farmers as much as four hundred percent tariffs for years on dairy products, has just announced they are putting a digital services tax on our American technology companies, which is a direct and blatant attack on our country. They are obviously copying the European Union, which has done the same thing and it's currently under discussion with US. Also based on this egregious tax, we hereby are terminating all discussions on trade with Canada, effective immediately. We will let Canada know the tariff that they will be paying to do business with the United States of America with in the next seven day period. Thank you for this, for your attention to this matter. And during the first round when he first took office, the first round of tariff talks, that was when my mother she didn't even call or anything. It's the whole thing. I'm not going to get into the personal stuff of it. Feel free to feel sorry for me if you want, but we are fine. But she just sent a message on Facebook to my husband and she was like, oh, I can't come. Was she supposed to come for graduations? We had graduations last year. We can't come for I can't come for graduations because the bad Orange Man is not very friendly and you don't threaten this is what she said. You don't threaten, closest your closest neighbors and allies with tariffs. Therefore, I just can't be a part of your lives as long as he's president. So that was we haven't heard from her since. We haven't had a peep, a card, a call, a text, nothing, just nothing. So the Canadians are taking it real hard and to the point where they're like cutting off family members. But the Canada is weird man. Canada's entire identity at this point in that nation's history is just being anti America. And I just read an article yesterday. They have experienced the steepest drop in Native Canadian residents, that's Canadians who were born there, Native Canadian residents in the entire nation's history. One hundred and seventy eight thousand working age able body young adults leaving Canada for greener past years because it's so bad there and they want to institute another tax. Let me tell you what's happening with Canada. Canada is not owned by the Canadian anymore, Canadians anymore. Canada is owned by China. This is a Chinese play right, and they did it in the European Union two and they're doing it in Africa too. It's called the Belton Road initiative. But say, we'll come in. We'll pour all this money into your economy because your dumb socialism is making it fail. So we'll come in and pour all this money into your economy. And all you have to do is enact every thing that we want. They China can't invade us, Canada certainly can't invade us. But what they can do is disrupt our economy. And China trades and this is the other point. This is why Trump is being like this. China trades with Canada. China ships imports their steel, their metals, all of that good stuff that we need, and they get around the Chinese tariffs by shipping it to Canada first and then Canada shipping it to us. It's a partnership, it's a communistic partnership. That's what they're doing. We need a wall with Canada. Everybody we need a wall with Canada. I'm not even kidding. Those people are not okay up there. I went there two years ago. Last time I got to see my mom in person, and I was shocked. I was absolutely shocked when I left and me and my whole family left going we're never coming back here. I was shocked. And that's why when people say, well, we love the Albertans. You know, hopefully Alberta gets independence, and I really hope they do. But I don't want all these Canadians coming down here. I really don't, because even the conservative Canadians are baked and steeped in socialism. Trust me, you have a I know you have a different mindset when you come here. They don't even totally understand the concept of free speech. Even the conservative Canadians. You will hear them say but right, they'll use a butt when they're talking about free speech. They like the Second Amendment, but they still don't understand the total application of the Second Amendment and how it's supposed to be for everyone and there are no lip, there shouldn't be any limits. They don't understand again, because they're baked in socialism, and it's really hard mindset to kick, so those people come down here too. That's why I went to Portugal last year with my family. We went to small chain of islands, the Asaurus off the coast. Great, but they're having immigrant problems there too. Guess where their number one problem is Canadians. There's a huge Portuguese population in Canada. The second and third generation are moving back to Portugal because Canada is such a mess. But they're coming with all their liberal and socialist values, and the Portuguese hate them because no matter what's been done to them in immigration, they're a very conservative Catholic population. They hate Canadians there. They talked so bad about the Canadians when I was visiting. It brought me no end of joy because I hate Canada too. It's a failure of a nation. It's raised a bunch of failures of people, and now it's importing failures, third world failures at an alarming rate. And those third world failures are stopping there. They're crossing the border into our country and then becoming our problem. And that's what a lot of this is. This these threats from Trump, He's trying to fix the problem. They're a problem. All right. Let's take a break. I'll be right back. I'm Cia Davis filling it for Tony Kats. It's Tony Kats today. Welcome back, everybody. It's Tony Katz today. Kira Davis here on the mic for you, bringing you home. On this Monday, August twenty fourth. Tony stepped out in the second hour, so I popped in for him. Oh, it's fine to be on the mic. I was reading during the break. Excuse me this post from Bill Mallusion over at Fox News. Bill's a hometown boy. Bill is from southern California. We love Bill, I'll tell you I And he's also very handsome. He's easy on the eyes. I'm all right. But he was a local report order for Fox eleven here in the Los Angeles area, and I first noticed him during the BLM riot. So you remember the summer. O love the summer OBLM. And he was at when we're all confined to our homes and being fined and shut down and threatened for leaving our homes or celebrating Easter with our families. The BLM activists were just out there in the streets willingly doing whatever. And his reporting was so spot on, it was so good. He was calm, and I didn't know he was conservative at the time because that Fox local channels that means nothing, you know. But I didn't know if he was conservative or Republican. I just he just he got the story and I was like, Wow, this guy is dogged. He got the story. So it was great to see him move up to Fox News the home office. Anyways, he says Fox DHS. This is an exclusive. DHS tells Fox News that ICE has quietly carried out one of its most successful operations in agency history, resulting in the arrests of thirteen hundred and twenty eight illegal aliens in just a fourteen day span in the states of Virginia and Maryland. Nearly four hundred of the aliens had criminal convictions or pending criminal charges, including a Salvadorian illegal alien wanted by police in Richmond, Virginia on a murder warrant. Other targets included aliens with rap sheets for attempted murder and rape, as well as convictions for sexual battery, kidnapping, robbery, and DWI. The operation primarily targeted the sanctuary jurisdiction suburbs in Virginia and Maryland around Washington, DC. And ICE arrested anyone in the US illegally, regardless of any criminal history. So we're finally to the point in the timeline that the liberals were all freaked out about and lying about in the beginning. We're finally here when they were like, oh, said the worst first, but you're just picking up everyone, And Trump was like, no, we're picking up the worst first, but everybody. So I hope you're happy. I'm happy. We need more. We obviously need more. I think this is a man power issue. I think ICE is willing to They're funded now through twenty nine. They're willing to deport as many people as they can get their hands on. They need the man power. If you are a young man or women or woman, I don't think women should be on the front lines of law enforcement. So I'm going to discourage women who want to do that. Is that controversial. I don't think it should be. Because if you're like me and your doom scrolling at night and you get caught up in the police confrontation videos with like unruly suspects, I can't tell you. I'm in the hundreds now of clips up I've watched of female police officers who cannot control a suspect, not because they don't want to or because they're bad at their job, but they're weak. I've watched men just pull away from them and run away. I watched one encounter the other day where it was a female and her male partner and a particularly unruly suspect at the p and I think it was in Huntingdon Beach and he could they could not get him under control. A citizen had to step in and help handcup the guy because he just kept pushing a woman off. Imagine her male partner him.
Speaker 2: Just you know.
Speaker 5: And actually I did comment on that story, and I did get a message from somebody who said, privately, Hey, my husband is a police officer, and it's like every officer's worst nightmare to have to take the female partner because he knows that nine times out of ten he's going to have to stop what he's doing to rescue her too. So it's just a burden. I don't think women belong on the front lines, but there's obviously plenty of jobs in law enforcement for women. So anyway, ICE is offering I think a fifty thousand dollars signing bonus, So I don't know if it's a great place to start, if you're just starting out, young men, and you're strong, and you got a lot of testosterone, and you're and you don't have a lot of fear, go help ice preserve the homeland. That's what we need. We need to see more of this. But when I read down that rap sheet, thank you, Bill Malusian. When I read down that rap sheet, like some of the things that these guys got picked up for, so they have been unleashed onto the population of America for decades now, some of them for decades after rape, murder, the fast convictions, all of these domestic violence, and they're still on our streets. When I tell you the misery is the point you all need to listen to me, because here is the thing that we're We're very proud to be Americans, because we have a lot to be proud of. And one of the things we pride ourselves on is our military might, our strength, and our Second Amendment. And come and take it, and you know we're not you're No one can defeat our military if we don't want to be defeated. No one can defeat our innovation, no one can defeat our economy. Yet You know, we have so much to be proud of, and we brag about so much of this stuff, but then we focus on that part our physical might, our economic might, and we don't realize that the enemy has plans. They're smart too, They're not all total idiots. They know we can't be toppled by a military coup. I dare say the Biden administration was the closest thing to a coup, and I think it actually was a coup that we have ever gotten in this country. But the idea of China marching in with military and taking over this country, that's not going to happen. The idea of the leftist DSA members and communists who have taken over the Democrat Party and are now sitting in our government. The idea of them suddenly taking away the Second Amendment. They try so hard, don't they, But they can't take it away. The First Amendment. They try so hard, don't they, But they can't. They have not been able to be successful in that.
Speaker 2: So how do.
Speaker 5: They do it? They unleash the lawless to punish the lawful. The government, the people in government who hate you, the bureaucrats who hate you, You, the taxpayer, they cannot take away your First Amendment or Second Amendment rights. They cannot defeat America militarily. They cannot defeat the values and ideals and institutions that made this country great in the first place. They can't do it with might, So they have to do it with They have to do it with ideas, and they have to do it by letting the letting the crazy people do what they can't do legally. That's why BLM, just to go back the callback to that point I made earlier. That's why BLM was allowed to be out there in the streets, burning stuff down, burning statues down, burning churches. They're still burning churches, by the way, burning churches. That's why they were allowed to be out there. That's why they opened the borders and let all of these people stream in. That's why when they picked up an illegal alien on something horrific like rape or murder of a baby, they let that person go. That person is your punishment. Do you understand what I mean? You they're punishing you. They hate you because you're a law abiding citizen. They hate you because you want to keep your paycheck, you want to raise your own family, and you want to have your ideas. They hate you for that. They hate you for believing in God, They hate you for believing in a higher power. They hate you for believing in the necessity of the nuclear family. They hate you, and they can't punish you because they can't work. They can't have their little bit of power in government, whatever it is, dog catcher or congressman. They can't hold that and keep that position if they unleash upon you what they really want to be unleashed on you. So what they do is they allow the lawless to punish the law abiding. That's what you're seeing, that's what's happening. That's why all this violence, that's why none of these people get charged prosecuted. Washington Post just just was ordered to rehire the reporter that they fired for saying something vile about the death of Charlie Kirk and lying about him. Now they've got to rehire her. I hope they appeal that even though she spoke violent rhetoric, and if the tables were turned, she would be gone in a heartbeat. That's why, because the whole idea, all of it, and you heard those I played the DSA clip, this DSA zoom clip that is that going to be heller. Well, that's that's what hell is, everybody. It's not burning in a lake of fire for eternity. It's going to be having to watch a DSA corporate zoom over and over again. That's how. But you heard them talk about, look, we have to do this stuff violently. We have to overthrow throw these people violently. They the lawless, the gangs, the rapists, the illegal aliens, even the lefties who are getting more and more aggressive at protests out there, more and more bold. It's all designed to punish the law abiding. You are the people who are standing between communism and the United States. It's you. That's why they work so hard to abolish private property through by any means necessary. That's why they're always raising your taxes. It's why they raise the minimum wage to a rate that no small business owner can pay. And then they tell us we have to import cheap labor, slave labor because businesses can't. It's all part of it. The misery is the point. The lawless are their soldiers. That's why they didn't care to deport them. That's why they open the doors to let them in. They're your punishment and the ultimate punishment is going to be that we're going to have to become violent that to protect ourselves. You know, not saying go out there and be violent, but what I'm saying is when these people show up at your doorstep like they did in Minnesota, where these invaded total like entire neighborhoods that they thought Ice was in, and they're still doing this stuff for the church that they invaded, at some point those of us who are just law abiding citizens are going to have to engage in things that we shouldn't even have to think about as law abiding citizens because we pay our taxes to not think about these things. It's all on purpose. The lawless are their soldiers, and the lawless are being unleashed against you to punish the lawless. And this is why I feel very strongly that we have to renormalize normal in our enclaves again. Renormalize telling somebody when they're behaving badly in public, be discerning because some people are dangerous ladies. That's not probably an instruction for you, right, but we need to renormalize good behavior, renormalize accountability. It at the lowest form and the highest form. I'll give you a for instance, one day, I was up at the school picking up some kids and for the kids, and there was a girl. It was middle school, and she had a cast on her leg. She was hobbling through the door and a boy went in front of her and just opened the door and blew through the door and then didn't hold the door for her. So I very nicely stepped out. I opened the door for the girl, and then I said to the young man, young man, don't just walk out the door where they're while there is a girl behind you with crutches. Hold the door for her. And my daughter was so embarrassed when she's like, oh my gosh, Mom, why why'd you do that? No, somebody needs to remind the kids we need to renormalize this. There used to be a time when it would have been normal for him to stop and consider who was coming through the door behind him. So it's little things like that, and it's big things like normalizing a border. You know, it's all of that. Renormalize normal because they're trying to push us into a situation where we become people we don't want to be. All right, let's take one more break. I'm Cure Davis filling it for Tony Kats. You're listening to Tony Kats today. That great. You're a Davis back now. That's today. So good to be with you today. I just want to take a reminder before run out of time, go find me on X at Kia Davis k I R A d A v I s if X is your vibe. If you like Instagram, is just here Davis j ust Kia Davis. And definitely check out my substat at just Credavis dot com. It's like my newsletter. All my thoughts are there. Those three places you're going to get the very most from me. I do podcasts, but it's sort of like when I feel like it, and uh, mainly my main gig is filling in on radio and writing, so but you can catch me saying things from time to time. And don't forget my Christmas podcast. If you love cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies, my bestie Amelia and I have a Christmas all year brown podcast called Journey to Christmas Land where we review all these cheesy Christmas movies and it's so much fun. I'm gonna get Tony on there at some point before we go. I do want to take a moment to I don't know if you guys have heard this very important news and shocking news actually, but Megan Markle and Prince Harry are considering a move back to the UK. It looks like they are moving back to the UK. I don't know how many of you were waiting on pins and needles to hear this, but let me tell you, Ice is so good. They're even deporting people that they haven't tried to deport yet. I don't know if they're going to get that three thousand dollars from the government to self deport. It sounds to me like they do need the money, though I have heard that they are in dire financial straits, so I don't know if they're going to If they are, I would highly recommend missus Meghan Sussex or whatever she calls herself to, you know, apply for that three thousand bucks and just to port yourselves out of here. But yeah, it looks like the Prince and his American bride are going to go crawling back to the UK. Apparently there were some rumors that she was going to get an acting gig there, which is hilarious because you know, that's the reason a royal family told her to quit her job. If you're in the Royal family, you don't have a job. Your job is the firm, Your job is the Royal family. Anyways, I just wanted to say good riddance to them, because, you know, if there was any better example of why we left the British Union, you know why we left the British Empire, it's them, right. If you have you ever met more useless people, they are the anti American Americans. Really they I've never seen people who have so much at their fingertips, so much potential. They could have literally done anything. They could have been a big influence there in the UK, just her as an American princess, a black American princess. But no, they had to have all their cake and eat it too, and true, no we didn't want that bs. Good riddance to them, Not good riddance to you, but goodbye, catching next time. It's been five teticats to day.