Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the Frame Second Podcast. My name is Mike. IM your house for the evening. Next to me, I have Spike. What uk Spike?
Speaker 1: I have Ken? Next to Ken, I have Rod.
Speaker 2: I got in trouble, guys, But yeah, we are going to be giving our thoughts about Alien Earth. I'm gonna make some some I'm going around the room and do some quick thoughts. Spike, what did you think about this series as a whole?
Speaker 3: I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. Took four episodes, but once the fourth episode kind of went I was locked in. I was like, God, it's good, so I knocked him out. I liked it, like the character that like the story that was told. I'm not as familiar with the alien world, so some of that stuff was brand new to me.
Speaker 1: But I enjoyed this all right? Ken, what do you think about this? I enjoyed it. I had some highs and lows to it as a complete serious but overall when it was over, I was like, not bad. I'm definitely enjoy some episodes more than others, but overall, wasn't that about? All? Right? Rob?
Speaker 2: What do you think about this.
Speaker 1: It's good. This is damn good. All right, So.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one that didn't like this bullshit? Huh very interesting? Yes, I do is that when I don't like this ship, Oh man, that's crazy. Are you not serious? Dead ass? I'm not trolling. I did not like this. This was a bummer for me. I was so I'm I'm glassed. This felt like Marvel wrote west World.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what. I didn't watch west World.
Speaker 2: West World was a bunch of fucking cyborgs, and then spoiler alert for everybody there was like, oh man, we didn't know he was a cyborg o crazy And then I feel like Marvel watched that, and then Marvel was like, you know what, we need superheroes. We need superheroes an alien, So let's make some superheroes. But we needed to be comic relief also, so let's make them kids and adult cyborg bodies.
Speaker 1: But also let's make it deep.
Speaker 2: It's like Peter Pan, and let's run the fucking Peter Pam narrative on every single fucking episode in case y'all are too stupid to realize it's about Peter Pan.
Speaker 1: I hated that. I was like this show.
Speaker 2: Is fucking stupid. Do you like the story Peter Pan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like Peter Panel on his own. I like the book, and I like what the what Disney tried to do with the movie.
Speaker 1: But for y'all to.
Speaker 2: Like force this Pan thing for fucking eight episodes, it was like, dog, we get it. She's named Wendy, we get it. We have the black guy with the captain hook arm, we get it. Do you have to do it with ever you're watching Peter Pan while you then? We get it, dude. We have boy Cavalier. He's like Peter Pan. You called him the Lost Boys.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I was so fucking annoyed with this show in but I'm glad y'all enjoyed it. I'm not gonna try to convince you not to like it. I'm very glad y'all annoyed it. Mar No, no, no, he was like.
Speaker 1: Stuff like why no?
Speaker 2: This just felt like, why are y'all putting these Marvel superheroes in the alien universe?
Speaker 1: Because that's what they were. They were.
Speaker 2: It was the fucking Avengers fighting two fucking xenomorphs. This was aggravating.
Speaker 3: Was just before or after the alien stuff that's been out this.
Speaker 1: Is way before, which made it even more annoying.
Speaker 2: And I'll get to the main reason the last I'll just say the last episode set me the fuck off.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck all of this.
Speaker 3: You're not the only person this podcast that I listened to the watch they said the same thing.
Speaker 2: I've been hearing nothing, but I love this show. It's so good.
Speaker 1: What dude? What?
Speaker 3: It was a couple of creeper on the ringer that said they do the watch. They said the exact same thing you said that I could not understand. Had to cut it off. I was like, what are they talking?
Speaker 2: I'm not to go listen because I thought I was on. But anyway, and I thought this sh.
Speaker 1: Was creepy, terrific hit.
Speaker 3: The trillionaire dude was great. I thought the black dude was great. He was great to me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he was. I liked him, man, he was great.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, this is going to be a long review, Okay, So uh, we're gonna go ahead and give a summary of episode one. Episode one opens up with this message that the future, uh, in the future, the race for humanity.
Speaker 1: It comes in three guises.
Speaker 2: You got cyborgs, You got sense, you got hybrids, neat were Now we're in the year twenty twenty one, twenty and we're in the Magino, which is a Wayland Utahanni ship, and they're talking about five house, Like yeah, basically five houses, five groups that kind of run the world or the universe really. But the main one here is Prodigy, which is started by Boy Cavalier. But we found out they're on a mission to collect specimens. Among them are face huggers, So whoever wants to jump in. Was that's was just interesting to y'all?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I mean I feel like it set it up, set up the world. I like, uh, I like having a different I think they set it up perfectly, like just saying like you got these different people that run things. You got this trillionaire that it's like the race for what immortality? It was a race for immortality, so that you know, basically whoever can create. It's like the same shit they're doing with like space programs right now, the first person that could make it to fucking Mars and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: So I feel like it was parallel.
Speaker 4: With with now, like how you have people that's trying to race to do certain things with technology, Tesla, the Electric the ev ship. All that ship is like a race. Whoever can be king of that can like basically rule.
Speaker 2: So you mentioned Tesla, did anybody else get like, oh, this is supposed to be I yes, I wasn't thinking.
Speaker 1: I was thinking more of Mark Zuckerberg for some reason.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I got I got Elon immediately because they made him a buffoon, but he thinks he's really smart. And it was like I built a cent It was just like this is Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't get Elon, but I just got the overall air of the e lions and stuff.
Speaker 3: Of the world, like they bar from all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well we meet Marcy and she's being artificially put into a synthetic body named Wendy Ken. Specifically, what does this remind you of the mind of a person being put into a synthetic body.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 2: You just reviewed it. Not the Creator, No Blade Runner. It's a very very similar concept to the replicants. And I feel like they were doing this because the dude that did Alien finally admitted that Alien and Blade Runner are in the same universe. No no, no, no, no. The guy that originally damned Cameron. It's James Cameron, right, alien.
Speaker 1: See that? But yeah, I don't know why I didn't think about Blade Runner.
Speaker 2: I immediately thought about Blde Runner. I was like, okay, I'm already annoyed.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: So when they were transferred the consciousnesses into the synthetic bodies, Spike, did you notice what movie was playing on the ceiling?
Speaker 1: Was Peter Pan?
Speaker 2: Did you think that was cool?
Speaker 3: No, because I don't don't think I've ever seen Peter Pan.
Speaker 2: Hmm, why is that not surprised?
Speaker 1: I see the hook? No?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Really not James Cameron. Thank you, James.
Speaker 3: I ain't seen I don't think I've seen a cartoon of Peter Pan. I don't think I've ever seen any of the real.
Speaker 1: Stuff was watching cartoon?
Speaker 2: What did you think about the other kids, the whole the whole idea of putting terminally old kids into adult cyborg bodies. What did you think of that?
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was a bad idea, to be honest with you, if they was gonna pass anyway, and like they could grow up into them bodies and be alive forever, like, so I didn't think it was.
Speaker 1: I did like the idea of that being a possibility. As the series went on, I started to rethink everything. But you know, but that was definitely one of the things that I liked about it because it was like, oh shit, wait a minute, this might not be a good idea, interesting, but made sense that they couldn't grow up, and I think because of that, it explained actions that occurred as the series went on.
Speaker 2: And that precisely what you just said is why I fucking hated it, because it seemed like they only did that in order to explain why everyone is doing stupid shit. These fucking kids were doing dumb shit throughout this entire series, and the only way they could make that work is for them to be kids, because if these were adults, it would be mind boggling stupid.
Speaker 1: Adults do stupid things too, and that's what I was trying to really kind of like work through, like because you know, it was like, okay, but yeah, but those in movies we've said over time, why are you doing that? That's stupid and as adults they shouldn't be doing it. As kids. It definitely makes sense, but I guess I was trying to work shopping in my head to kind of make it make more sense for why adults would end up doing something because adults sometimes don't ever really grow up anyway and do stupid stuff. Or maybe there's a certain arrogance to adulthood and for kids not know any better, they end up doing something gadiotic and stupid.
Speaker 4: Well, he was always thinking about it from the perspective, and he said it's towards it and of like how child's mind is constantly developing, there's no limits to it.
Speaker 1: So that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe some some kinks in the beginning because they are childlike minded, but eventually he can kind of mold them and they can expand their brain brains like from from us from the start, instead of being already established and stubborn in their ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but these their their brains stop developing. Me when they got put into the synth bodies.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if got a chance, well no, not Wendy's Wendy's scene to kind of continue to say.
Speaker 3: I thought there was a benefit of it, that the grains were going to grow into Lubaiah, that they will continuing to grow and learn.
Speaker 1: I thought, did they say that because they still seem like there were still kids?
Speaker 2: They were because you could tell Wendy was smarter than they were, which made no sense either old she was the oldest, she was not that much older to where she was so inredibly smarter than them.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was a genius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they should have said that she was a product. I was like, this is stupid.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Back to the show. Cutting back to the Magino, we see that xenomorphous loose and Borrow is the only one that made it out, and the ship crashes and they send a crew to investigate the ship, which the crew includes Wendy's brother Joe. But while exploring the ship, we see two soldiers enter the lab where they encounter a slug creature. What'd you think of when the slug creature attacked Rod? Where are we at right now? We're on the ship on.
Speaker 1: The Magine though.
Speaker 2: When the ship Imaginal crashes and they immediately dispatch a crew to go investigate the ship, you remember this part? I do remember, but I'm skipping a lot because we're not gonna be here till eight o'clock talking about the damn show.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what part do you have to talk about?
Speaker 2: I did like like that, I.
Speaker 1: Did like real quick. I was just gonna say. I did like how they.
Speaker 4: Set it up where you don't really understand what's happening on the on the first ship that was in space, on that ship in space before it crashed, like like it's like a bunch of chaos just fucking broke out. I thought I dozed off, Yeah yeah, but did I miss Yeah yeah, but but it comes back around, and I think it's dope.
Speaker 1: Pilot comes back around. So I just wanted to That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to point that out that they left that kind of open ended, like what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Shows anymore? Running around? Yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Because it was just was fun because.
Speaker 2: It's a fucking xenomore. Of course it's gonna get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so.
Speaker 2: I thought that was cool when it landed.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I thought all of that was cool. Man. I like how she was able to see her brother through the monitors and ship, and I liked the role that he played. And yeah, like she started to get crazy at this point, like as they started to explore the.
Speaker 2: Ship as somebody else, ken, what did you think of when the bug attacked?
Speaker 1: I don't want to answer my.
Speaker 2: Ship, That's what you asked when the bug at when the slug thing attacked the two soldiers the slug remember their.
Speaker 1: Nets or whatever. It was basically like the tip That's what I'm saying. It was it was creepy. So you didn't think that ship was creepy? That was cool?
Speaker 4: So so yeah, all right, so I'm glad, Yeah, thank you for bringing back because I went back and I forgot what questions?
Speaker 1: Do? I know?
Speaker 2: I thought it was cool to see.
Speaker 1: Some news species on this show.
Speaker 4: So I thought I was like, oh, ship, they're introducing some new ones and that, and and I thought that ship was dope.
Speaker 1: Definitely one one of one of the one of my favorite aspects of the show were the other predators in this world. I think that is really exciting and that could really open up a lot of avenues for them to tell different stories. Uh, probably with better writers than Mike, like, but but now I thought that was deep and dope, and I was really looking forward to seeing what they all could do.
Speaker 4: Yes, I agree, because all we see is the face huggers is what they call and there's anymoores.
Speaker 1: That's all we really see. But yeah, to introduce these new ones, I was like, oh, ship, I was like, what is this motherfucker? And they all did something different in a way.
Speaker 4: They all like attached themselves in different ways, and I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: We'll definitely get to that later. So seeing that their brothers in there, Wendy volunteers to go in and help with the with the other kids, and the episode ends with her vowing to save her brother Spike. This was a good start for you.
Speaker 3: No, damn, I didn't. It took the fourth episode for me to be like, Okay, yeah, I'm a boy.
Speaker 1: What about y'all.
Speaker 4: No, it's a good start. Yeah, it was a good start for me. I was like, okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was interested for the first two episodes and then I stopped watching interesting. So yeah, but the first first two because again, there were creatures on there, so I was kind of curious to see what they do. Yeah. Same.
Speaker 4: I thought they did a good job developing all the different characters, like the cyborg, the boy, genius, Wendy. It's a lot of characters they had to develop, the brother and I feel like they did a good job making all of these people interesting in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the brothers, he gets on my nerves.
Speaker 2: All right, So they were moved into episode two, and this is where we see the search and Rescue team looking through the ship and they encounter the Xenomorph. What did y'all think of this scene when the Xenomorph attacks them and Joe has to try to get away. Joe, Yeah, he can't get his ass beat.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how does he not dead? Yeah? He's sorry as hell, But yeah, now a Xenomorph, the Xenomorph, this was felt it felt different. It did. It felt like it was hiding from him. It felt like it was kind of playing with his prey and stuff like that at times.
Speaker 2: So they they you don't remember that in Alien? No, not really, that was like the big moment in Alien. They do do that. They do blend with their with their background. Because remember when Ridley really Ripley is on the ship and she thinks that that she left the Xenomorph and isn't that the first Alien when she she thinks she's left the Xenomorph on the other ship and she takes the escape pod and then she's getting undressed and then it comes out of the wall.
Speaker 1: You remember this, Yeah, yeah, I do. But did it always kind of play with.
Speaker 2: His like that, not necessarily play with the prey like that, because I'm with you on that part, but the more blending in with the background.
Speaker 1: They do that, but I assume.
Speaker 2: It was trying to sneak up on them, because you know, the whole point of xenomorph drones is to take take the people and then get not they were supposed to be there from when they from when they when the babies come out, there'll be Yeah, but you said feed them.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyways, what do you mean to get them?
Speaker 2: You need to go watch the movie, Spike. I'm not about to sit here and explain all of Alien in the series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch, he said, the show we just watched.
Speaker 2: God damn. Anyways, I'm trying to remember that. I know they fucked up a couple of soldiers, but it was it was chasing after Joe and Joe has to jump over the thing and whatever. We'll just skip the next.
Speaker 1: Partim or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's but they do do a flashback to where they explain why Joe is still on the job. Did you like that part, Spike?
Speaker 1: You know, damn, I didn't. I did get it that.
Speaker 3: I was really reluctantly watching this the first three episodes, but after the fourth one it did turn around. But no, I didn't like that part. I Joe was a simple like y'all said, I just it was hard for me to care about anything that was going on with him because he just was so much.
Speaker 1: Of it, like he was worthless. Yeah, he was just worthless. He was yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, he almost got his sister killed.
Speaker 1: Damn. I don't think he wanted to be this.
Speaker 4: He just had to be, so yeah, I don't think he inspired to be a soldier and dude, I think he just had to to survive.
Speaker 1: So I just kind of looked at it like that. I don't think that's an excuse to be bad.
Speaker 2: But the whole point is he was trying to resold and they wouldn't let him reive, and he was trying to go back to school because he promised his father, but they were like nah. And then Wendy hacked into him, was like talking and giving him ice Age lines, and I was like, dude, what.
Speaker 1: She was watching ice Age? That was the other movie they were watching? Ice Age?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's yeah, Yeah, it was fucking dumb. So while the Lost Boys are on the ship looking for the search and Rescue team, they encounter some creatures they see the plant monster, and then we get the eyeball monster, which is called the t oculus or the oculus, one of the two who they first find attached to a dead cat. So was this creepy to you?
Speaker 1: It was absolutely.
Speaker 4: Get the way that fucking cat turned around with that fucking big ass eye.
Speaker 1: That shit was creepy.
Speaker 4: And then he started coming out of the eye to try to get on the one the one kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that shit was crazy.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was interesting, and that one is really really interesting because I'm like, what is the motive of that one?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't quite know yet of the uh one, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just to take over the host and be able to use it for its own whatever.
Speaker 1: But for what though?
Speaker 2: Contact the shitty writers in the show, Yeah, because they Yeah, because it at one point it it was going it seemed like it was going against the Xenomorph, and then another point it seemed like it was not for you know, the alien life forms.
Speaker 1: Mhm, y'all remember that? Oh yeah, that it was that it.
Speaker 4: Was not against the Xenomorph. Yeah, it was fighting in xenomorph at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but when was it when was it trying to help the Xenomorph?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Later on, I thought I thought it was trying to help.
Speaker 4: Later on, when it made when it made the hornets eat the guy when he bumped the glass so they can eat him, I.
Speaker 2: Don't that wasn't there. But there was no There was no xenomorph in the.
Speaker 4: You know what I see because I thought they all were a part of the saying clan see.
Speaker 2: That's another reason I thought this was stupid. All these creatures they all talked to each other somehow and decided, Hey, we're going to fuck this crew up together. It made no sense.
Speaker 1: I don't even think they were doing that though.
Speaker 2: But they work, and they were all trying to kill the crew.
Speaker 3: I think they were just trying to take over as host.
Speaker 2: I thought, no, no, no, I'm saying, is like the plant monster was trying to kill the crew. The slug things were trying to kill the crew, and the Oculus were trying to.
Speaker 1: Kill I think they were just acting as predators.
Speaker 3: I think they said that in the in the series.
Speaker 2: But it seemed like they started working together.
Speaker 1: I think there were only one that was really working. Oculus was working. I think it just wanted to create agenda.
Speaker 3: It wanted to create chaos because they know it's it's his best way out.
Speaker 1: I thought. I thought that.
Speaker 3: I thought everything else was just being like a predator in the environment.
Speaker 2: Wanted to do that because the oculus was trying to help the lady in the lab that time.
Speaker 1: Trying to help her. He was trying to chop on the glass.
Speaker 2: Like look, this was trying to distract, distracting so the other thing could get out. That's what I'm saying. It's like they're working together and it's like, wait, why.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, see that whole time, I thought she was trying to warn her that this motherfucker trying to get in your water.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's crazy. So okay, So when Joe encounters the xenomorph at the party, what did y'all think of that scene? Do you remember the party?
Speaker 1: It was crazy because that thing came in there and messed for everybody up. Bro, Joe should have been killed. The black guy came in and saved them again Joe kill getting saved. Yeah, but I did fun with him though, Blacky the cyborg, Yeah yeah, I liked it. Yeah, I like him, but uh but he he came through, Yeah, he wasn't. He wasn't fucking around like the cyborg Yeah, yeah, but yeah, no, this this was dope because you've got a chance to see the xenomorph just go to work and it was slaughtering everybody. Joe should have been dead, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he kept getting saved, kept getting said. So I thought that that was a little nose just you know, stop putting in these predicaments.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna keep them alive.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, And he sliced up the one and half, but he was still walking around.
Speaker 1: So was that other one aside like a cyboard or or.
Speaker 2: Something blood like the Cyborgs maybe, remember they have the milk looking ship that comes out.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 4: But they had like three kinds. They had a half hybrids, Cyborgs.
Speaker 1: What was the black dude? He was a cyborg?
Speaker 3: What was Danny? What was the white hair dude?
Speaker 2: The white hair he was like a security. He was like a he was like an old age one. He was like like the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he was just like the same thing. I think they liked both the same thing. But he was just like an earlier version of them.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought they were different because of the conversation that they.
Speaker 1: Head with each other. He was an earlier version, but they were talking like they wouldn't the same thing.
Speaker 4: They were, But it's kind of like the Determinator ship, like the two four thousand or whatever, and he's like, oh, I'm better or whatever. You know, it's how I took it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought Micha was gonna have all answers.
Speaker 2: I don't have any answers because this show is stupid, Okay, yeah, yeah, A lot of this stuff is just kind of made up for this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't play the video games and shit either, so some of the ship could be from the video games. But I didn't care enough about the characters to go look any of it up because I'm just like, well, this is not interesting to me. But there's anomoorph for tax but it doesn't Killmorrow. But then Wendy and Smee, who's one of the other cyborgs or whatever, they find Joe, but instead of leaving, Kursh wants him to go secure a room full of cinamorph eggs. But once they get there, the episode ends with the Xenomorph grabbing Joe and Wendy running after him. Y'all y'all, y'all on board yet cool man at this point. Yeah, that was interesting the way that woe ended up. So I was like, I've been watching them throughout the week, but then that what make me here playing on the next one?
Speaker 1: So you're watching them week to week?
Speaker 3: No, No, I started and stopped because I ain't finish I was watching week.
Speaker 1: Oh you watched it week to week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why wouldn't I?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I wasn't. Yeah, I wasn't up on it, and I watched them all at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's an alien show. Alien is one of my favorite franchises. I was like, I'm on fucking board.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know. I wonder that's your experience.
Speaker 2: That's probably well that how does the show be terrible week to week?
Speaker 3: But all of a sudden you get to watch it back to back. You ain't gotta wait on like we said it all the time and stuff to develop out.
Speaker 2: It's still a bad like like walking down. It's still not a great show, but it's better when you binge it. And that's all I'm saying. Getting through the bad parts. That's why it's easier to bingd.
Speaker 4: But it may be more forgiving because you're you're able to pick up or something like where you thought something might have been lagging and now instead of sitting on it for a whole.
Speaker 3: Week, like you asked me, did I watch Power really like I would? I was watching that week the week I had to stop because it was so bad, But then once I binged it, it wasn't as bad.
Speaker 2: It's still bad though interesting, but it was not as bad as bad.
Speaker 1: But it was better when I binged.
Speaker 2: It's better than starting with Marcy. In episode three, she finds Joe, but then she gets attacked by the Xenomorph, and the battle ends with Marcy killing it by chopping its head off before it's a coming to her wounds alongside Joe also comes to his So whoever wants to jump in? What do you think of this sequence?
Speaker 3: I thought she was a shit creeped when they got locked in there. I thought she was low in there with the thing. I don't know she had a paper cutter. So you know it works out great.
Speaker 1: I don't get I still to this day, don't. I didn't go back and rewatch it, but this actually I made it to the episode no that go I think I made all the way to the episode three, and I'm like, is she gonna beat the xenomorph like in a one on one fight? And she did.
Speaker 2: She had the paper You sleep paper cutter, No, no, no, you're sleeping on aliens and xenomorphs. If I can shoot a xenomorph and it doesn't kill it, how the fuck am I killing a paper cutter.
Speaker 4: Paper cut is fucking heavy duty, And you know that because you went to Earth school.
Speaker 1: That sh it ain't no joke. I always like, man, somebody can suck the least acid. I feel you. This ship was so I feel you.
Speaker 2: But she was superhuman though, yeah, like a like a fucking avenger.
Speaker 1: I just know. And we didn't even see it. We just kind of heard it. So I'm like, oh, she got fucked up. Of course she couldn't get fucked up. She's one of the main characters. So it's just like, man, this thing really beat a Zina work.
Speaker 3: That's how it cheated. They didn't show it to us because they know they had no way for her to beat it. If they showed it to us, chopped his head off with a paper cutter, y'all.
Speaker 1: Well she died, y'all. Like she didn't. She didn't defeat it. They had to bring her back to life, so they defeated each other. She still won. She killed it.
Speaker 2: She chopped its head off, but she died doing it. She chopped its head off with a paper cutter. How is this not bothering y'all? Because she died as well, But that doesn't make the paper cutor stronger than it is. It wasn't like it was a fucking a magical paper cutter. Shit's a heavy duty. When she first ripped it off, she didn't really die.
Speaker 1: Give me a second.
Speaker 4: When she first ripped it off, I was like, what the fuck she really gonna use that weapon? And I thought about it, I'm like, no, the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Y'all, y'all know what these things are. No, shits are heavy.
Speaker 3: Yes, a box cutter is what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: No, a paper cut It saw a box cutter. It's a paper cutter. Like it's heavy duty. It's heavy and you and she ripped the blade off of the ship. The blade is sharp as fuck.
Speaker 1: Sharper than a bullet.
Speaker 2: It is shropper than a bullet, but it doesn't have the same impact. But with her wilding wielding it, Yeah, this ship was so dumb. I thought it was a cool weapon. This ship was so dumb. These in these space marines have these fucking rifles that they've been shooting at these aliens, but here come try to duck them. No they don't. They don't just let them shoot them. They do get hit and it doesn't kill them if you.
Speaker 1: It's like armor. But she can cut his head off with them, I'm not. Yeah, it's just it does bleed acid and then like a paper cutter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if the acid can bleed and soak through multiple layers of a ship where she gets this fucking vibranium ass paper cutter. Look, this ship, this ship is like a big ass machete. Like, this ship is fucking the ship. Why would it not eat through a paper cutterranium? Man, I don't know, tuning out, Yeah she was dumb.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm glad y'all like this.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast with pressing Plate today taking time out of your day. So much to us. But if you would like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our director's cut tier and our bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our bootleg teer where you gain different things that we review along with the random and Ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed and we look forward to having you over there. So Marrow finds slightly Smee and Marrow, oh sorry, Maril finds slightly and Smee, and he kind of like holds them up and like he chokes slightly, and he puts a little thing in his neck. It was like a thing that helps him to talk to him later.
Speaker 1: It's like a little hacker thing.
Speaker 2: And we find out that Marrow's working with Utani to bring the creatures back, and we also find out that he's able to communicate to slightly through whatever he put in his neck. So was it interesting to see them experimenting on one of Joe's lungs with the xenomorph.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was in the bottle and then the Xenomorph came out of that mouffucker, right, Yeah, Yeah, that was interesting because I was like, I didn't know they could do that, right, you know, there was that was some creepy ass experiments that they were doing, which of course was going to lead to doom later on. But nah, that that was that was pretty dope because he had took the little thing out and then later on she said that motherfucker was screaming and shit like that, so she heard it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was cool, like for yeah, she did hear it. I was wondering how that tie or whatnot, So I still look confused on that, But yeah, I like how you took the face hugger and basically dissected that ship and pulled out the embryo of it to experiment with it with smart as hell man like he was smart.
Speaker 1: And I liked his role.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: He was one of my favorite. Yeah. I liked him and I like to, I like the Utaris her name. Y'all liked her too.
Speaker 4: I like, she's like, all, you're thinking of my grandmother, Like it's been sixty five years. She's like, yeah, I took over the company.
Speaker 1: So I mean I thought it was very flushed out and developed. I did. I'm really surprised you didn't.
Speaker 3: Because he watched The Week The week, right, so stupid.
Speaker 1: This ship is bad. Y'all liked it. Yeah, I think he's I think you're gonna come around to it. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not as as as a super fan of this franchise. This absolutely aggravated the funk out of me multiple times, and I haven't even gotten to the parts that really fucking pissed me off. But so yeah, like y'all were just hinting at Marcy can now feel the xenomorphs. So the next episode starts with her. They're adjusting her hearing so it doesn't hurt her, but now she realizes that she can speak the language of the xenomorphs. Raise your hand if you thought this was cool. I thought this was fire.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, especially he said.
Speaker 3: He figured that the millionaire trillionaire dude figured it out and he was like if you you the machine and if you can hear it, you can regurgitate that sound. M h. I think that whole like him walking her through that thinking process of you just don't know how to do it yet, and then the hater kid, Yeah she knew French, like fucking French like speak this ship, and then her thinking about it and you're seeing it apply in real time and her thinking about it and then doing the sound.
Speaker 1: I thought that was cool. Oh where was this bothering you? Because we have been in this universe for so many decades.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this is this is this is creeping up on Acolyte territory for me because now we're realizing that they figured out that a machine can speak to xenomorphs. But when we're talking about however, many years later and we're on the ship with with Ripley in the first one, or we're on the ship with Ripley and the space breens in the second one, they are gonna have to explain why. At no point anybody said, hey man, I know the language of these things.
Speaker 1: Maybe I can talk to them and get them to stop fucking us up.
Speaker 2: They got to explain this shit, just like the fucking acolyte had to explain why Kiyota MUNDI never knew that there was another fucking sith, Like, you're they're just adding shit to these stories and not thinking them through.
Speaker 1: This wasn't a good idea. The fact that we can talk to them now that they have a langue. The only way they can make this make sense, Mike, is that they're gonna have to say that everybody that knew this is possible. Yeah, it's the only way. And it seems like towards the end that that's kind of maybe where they were gonna go with it. But but yeah, I just so dumb, dude.
Speaker 4: So so this is so let me get it straight. So this Alien Earth is before the first Alien movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, how do we know that?
Speaker 1: They said it? Yeah, there's a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's twenty one to twenty and the original Alien is in I.
Speaker 1: Mean there's a photo they released that has all of the timeline of the movies in the series. So this is like a prequel to Alien. Yeah, it's like right before Alien Covenant, and yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, so this is twenty one twenty The Alien film is in twenty one twenty two, So this is this is right before that. Yeah, so two years later, no one knows was that there was a machine on Earth that could speak the language.
Speaker 1: It's just stupid. It was weird. I wasn't that much of a fan of especially how it was utilized. Thanks for ruining it for me for the rest of the series, basically turning a Xenomorph into a pet dog.
Speaker 2: We'll get there, but anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know why they did this and what made her so special to be able to tune in and hear it where no other one of the other Sense creatures mean sense could made no sense special. They're all design designed the same, but they weren't.
Speaker 2: They weren't developing the same way, and she developed to the point where she can speak another They kept alluding to her having they kept alluding to her being like a genius or something, though she was a child, old.
Speaker 1: Child, they said, before she was able to do that.
Speaker 2: She was already able to hack into the systems and all this other ship. Yes, but for her to be able to immediately learn how to speak the Xenomorph language, it was just a useless thing to add to the show. It's just done.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of process of power. She figured that ship out like quickly.
Speaker 2: Man, I hated this ship so fucking bad. Okay, so let's jump to a part that I did think that was kind of cool. Did y'all like them testing the alien eyeball on the lamb?
Speaker 1: That was fire?
Speaker 3: That was creepiest hell the whole time. It's it's funny that you can make a lamb scary. You walk in the room and you see that thing looking at you with guy, man, I'm out of that can. I didn't think they were going to show it as much as they did.
Speaker 1: I was. I was. I was surprised and impressed. I was like, they gonna They're gonna punk out, and they showed that motherfucker go for their eyeballs, pluck the other one out go.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, I really like that. If this was not an alien show, I think I would have thought it was fine because that little eyeball Jammer was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he was startist the serious.
Speaker 2: So what did you think about the whole thing Withmorrow and slightly about how he talks him into getting a xenomorph egg by blackmailing him saying he's gonna hurt his parents, which is again, this is why they made them kids because they're easy to manipulate, and it makes the story easier for them to write.
Speaker 1: However, even adults would fall under that sort of pressure. Yeah, and their family is threatened because I thought the same thing, and I have to go, well, you know, we've seen the movies. They do it with adults too, So I kind of let that go. But of course it made it easier for him to do it because he's still younger. But I didn't even know they were really even in contact with their parents or family like that. They're not, but he doesn't. He still doesn't.
Speaker 2: One of his parents death, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so but yeah, I mean it was a way to you know, compel him to do his bidding, and it worked. He struggled with the decision, but you know it worked.
Speaker 2: Were y'all intrigued when uh alas Rod when Marcy started chilling with the little xenomorph the hatch from Joe's lung, and she was just like, hey, little baby, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean you had to do that to establish what they were trying to show later that they were, you know, she had she could kind of communicate with them. I mean, because we've seen xenamore is like fucking not fuck with us for all these movies, and and so they had to establish like this relationship between her and this xenomore.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was fine with it. Y'all were finding it too, Yeah, no, you wasn't.
Speaker 2: I was infuriated.
Speaker 1: You want these motherfuckers to suck up. That's what they are.
Speaker 2: Only serve the queen and there's no between her like she.
Speaker 1: Was the queen. Doesn't make any goddamn because the queen wasn't there. Yeah, but what why her though? And I asked that because like, no, they're not, there's no relationship. Why why it should have been Joe though? And that's that's kind of the disconnect. Like you know, we've seen historically movies and stuff like oh, well I thinks I'm the mom when it's born or you know, just born and looking at it. We sitting in wild World about or whatever we just saw a while ago. But this came out of Joe, and yeah, she was the first person. I think it was the first person that it saw. But you can clearly see that don't look anything like you bro, you know. So yeah, it just I was like, oh, she can talk and play with this thing like it's not a threat to her at all. This was dumb as fuck to me. I didn't get it all because she can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll you're talking like the little motherfuckers in us. All right, Well, we get to episode five, which some people call this the best episode of the season. This is the flashback episode to what happens on the Mage. You know. Yes, So Marl's awakened because fire happens, and I'm gonna start trying to skip over shit because this is going along. It's like I thought it would, so seriously doing well you are, But he's at the halfway point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, that's good. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: This whole thing is gonna be an hour and twenty long.
Speaker 1: It's a hole I'll take.
Speaker 2: I'll take an hour and twenty. No, it's not just kidding, all right.
Speaker 1: So mar wakes up.
Speaker 2: There's a fire on the ship and it's caused the face huggers to get out and attached to two officers. One of the offerers is dead because they tried to cut the tail off, and the other one is alive. What did y'all think of this part? I'm gonna start with.
Speaker 1: You, Spike.
Speaker 2: Oh no, weever go ahead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like throw back alien to me because you see them on their faces and all that, we already know how that well I know you don't, but yeah, we know how that whole sequence of events going. So I thought that was cool to be able to kind of like, oh, yeah, we know what happened here, shit got crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I thought that was cool. I love the fact that they didn't know any better. So you know you think that that you thought you thought the doctor should have known? Yes? Really why?
Speaker 2: Because they were they went out to collect these specimens. M Nobody was like, maybe we should really secure these things and figure out what they do. How would you though, if you don't see them in action, why would you bring they ask back on the ship and not ask any questions though they were sent to collect specimens.
Speaker 1: I sort of unders stand, but I to a certain the ground understand what rock because I don't think they even there's a lot we don't know.
Speaker 2: These were the dumbest scientists I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot we don't know, And like, how did you know where to go look for them? Et cetera, etcetera, etcetera. So I I'm not that but but that would lead cretics to what you're saying. It's like, if you know where to find them, then you shall have some idea what they are and what they do, so I can get that. But I do like the fact that it was like, oh yeah, wrapped around his neck. I just tried to cut it off and oops, like it acid came out of it, just severed his head. It was like they really didn't know anything about these creatures and what they wait they do. But I also don't know how they will be able to get close enough to study them to get any information.
Speaker 2: So when we when we look at the original alien and the way that they were tricked into bringing this thing back on the ship, or even when you're looking at aliens, the way they were tricked and manipulated into bringing these things back on the ship, that made sense. This doesn't make sense to me. This wasn't like a big crew. It was just like a couple of dudes and they were just like, Hey, go to this planet and there's.
Speaker 1: Some like eggs.
Speaker 2: Just go get one of these eggs and that's that's it. And they bring it back on and then this happens and they're just like all right, well, I don't know. And they didn't even seem upset that the dude was killed because acid came They were just like, oh, yeah, we tried to chop man. Acid came out. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: It was like, what am I watching here? Know? They wouldn't that was their friend. Well, the girl was upset because that was there wasn't really aloof He was like, yeah, you know, I was trying to do this and then yeah, it's almost like a joke.
Speaker 3: It was really weird he did. He was very I thought that was speaking. I thought that was speaking more to his incompetence than anything.
Speaker 1: Though. I thought I just took him as well. It showed up later. But if they they only brought back eggs, then yeah, I can also see them not knowing egg Yeah. But now now I'm asking the question, how do you get close enough to get to the egg if you're a human.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that didn't break out, what did What do you mean the face huggers when they brought eggs back on the ship and then the eggs opened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get close to the eggs, they start to they start to open him. But they didn't know that.
Speaker 2: But but his point is the whole The whole thing with xenomorph eggs is when you get close to him, they realize that's a human or a host and they immediately start to open. So if you're human, how are you even getting close enough to it to pick two eggs up and bring it on a ship? That's why without opening, That's why I hear, Yeah, did it ever show him getting close to a xenomorph egg? I don't think they opened for them, like the same way they opened up for the silver hair guy, but all the way he's an actual robot body. The black guy is part human, part machine.
Speaker 1: Maybe they was halfway through.
Speaker 2: Don't make no sense.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. You have to like stretch your I know I'm asking too many questions, but I feel like how naive as stupid they were because they wouldn't know that when this thing wraps his neck around it, that it would tighten and then it can cut it. It would bleed acid.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It should have scared the ship out of them for the rest of the damn ryde home. What they gonna do.
Speaker 3: Though, Like, even if the head like responded to what y'all said, what was it in space?
Speaker 2: At least give me like when it happened in Alien. They were like, oh fuck, and they had to go run down the fucking stairs and go look and see what's going on. These guys are just like, oh yeah, try to cut it. And it killed this guy that we've known for the past however many months, he's.
Speaker 1: Just dead unless just freeze it and put it into this thing. That was stupid. Yeah, but they didn't know any better. They didn't know it was gonna well that that leads to the next scene.
Speaker 2: They try to freeze the officer with the face hugger, but after finding out that the fire ruined their navigation system, they see that the xenomorphis now hatched out of the guy that was frozen and they have to go try to hunt it. But let's talk about the scene with Her name is Shahboozoo. This is the chick that looked like Arnold Rummond with the with the little mini afro. Wow, let's talk about Chiboo Chiboozy. No, that was the other guy they were calling Chlamydia. Okay, that'd be fun if they were calling her chlamydia. That's dirty. Let's talk about her in the lab Okay, go ahead, Oh creepy, Yeah, what do you think about this scene.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought this was creepy. I thought it was intense because that thing got out, just shot its load and water.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: So the whole time, I'm like, damn, she's gonna drink this ship. Oh my god, she's gonna be so fucked up if she drank this.
Speaker 4: So that whole and then they kept playing around with that because she kept like kind of looking at it, playing picking it up. So I thought that was interesting. I thought the eye was trying to save her. I did not know that I was trying to distract her.
Speaker 1: They made a point to say that that thing was intelligent later on it has human level, probably more more human intelligence than a human.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so but that makes now that makes more sense on how it calculated the hornets thing that happened.
Speaker 1: But but now, yeah, I thought this scene was good. I thought this scene was really good.
Speaker 2: Spike, do you think this scene was really good?
Speaker 3: I thought she was careless at this point. I thought everybody on the ship was incompetent exself for the black gun. Like if you like, this is a hot tech labs christ and you are in space, and like they just really nearly like ship falling over and like this one.
Speaker 1: I get with you.
Speaker 3: I get your gripful this because I said the same thing as I was watching.
Speaker 1: I was like, now, why these people are so dumb?
Speaker 2: But she had it sealed, have their bottle open a lab. I wouldn't even go to a hoarder house with roaches and leave my bottle open.
Speaker 1: You're in a lab that's human incomfidence, and they tend to relax the procolls as they.
Speaker 2: Get comfortable with specimens. You don't know what they do. They're locked up though before she knows.
Speaker 1: Man, So I do agree, but I can't eat. I'm sure that shit happens a lot until the you know, even now somebody got their ship. I suppose the issue I had with it is that you just you know, you have predators. You know, you have dangerous creatures. And when I think that, when they walked in and are like, oh, that secure the spot, and she was like, oh, well, you know if one of the if it wasn't secure, we have a red light on blah blah blah blah blah. But nevertheless, you just saw this thing got to attack somebody. Themorrow was telling you that it was more than likely sabotage, and you're in there still running experiments and not trying to find, like get to the hard of the matter what happened, and just being and just teasing the things. Oh what she say, take a picture, Take a picture of the eye. And it's also a human arrogance to think that they're the smartest thing on the planet, that nothing is ever as smart as them, just because it doesn't look like that at this point that thing was out right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was out was out running around and she's in there drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was part of the issue, is like there's this thing running around, it's dangerous creature and you're in your running experiments. But it's a seal room. Yeah, but it's still a dangerous creature running around that could get in there. No, the creature couldn't get in it in this in this containment unit.
Speaker 4: No, how do you know that Because it was a seal containing they couldn't get it get in every room.
Speaker 2: They get in every single.
Speaker 1: Room, adults, there there has to be some sort of ventilation. Not this room. Why are you just making stuff up? I'm not making this. Showed it.
Speaker 2: They showed that this room had like three fucking doors that closed behind it. But what makes you think is any more can't get through that.
Speaker 1: They didn't show it. They didn't show it. They're like they're sort of ventilation shafts or air ducts or something that it could it could have called through, but not in this room.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker had had butts these things all the time and eventually they break, just like it was just like it broke into the room where Marol.
Speaker 1: I didn't get in there. Which room was that he sealed that motherfucker off. He like he helded the door. We'll get to that part. But the other thing though that I had issue is is she didn't even secure the thing when she put it back. Yeah, because that's the issue. You're asideist. Your job is to make sure you see that buffer go to green. And that's the only way he got out because if it would have been sealed, he would have still made the table. Once he saw that it was red, all he had to do was, which was smart, he looked. See.
Speaker 2: This is the issue that I have with the writing on this show. It's like people will be like, well, you know, you have to have people doing stupid stuff otherwise this other thing can't happen. But it's like, well, why don't you just make them make the characters semi intelligent and then make things fucked up that still happened to them, because that makes the story move better. In the original Alien, I don't remember ever thinking like, oh, these guys are dumb as fuck.
Speaker 1: I definitely thought they're watching this. But this was my favorite episode.
Speaker 2: That's why I brought it up earlier, because this this tied that, because that brought that home. Was wondering the whole time those what happened. I was wondering, Okay, wondering what happened when the dude drank the water and was infected by the tips. He drank water because spicy or maybe something spicery was choking.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take your water. And then he starts in a blood. They bring him into the lab and they cut him open, and then they're trying to pull on the tics off and take farts and everybody dies.
Speaker 1: This was so stupid.
Speaker 3: Really, oh my god, this was fine, bro Rod, I.
Speaker 1: Was one of the God Okay. The reason why I feel like this is stupid is because they just did a feled dispeament on somebody else and kills somebody.
Speaker 2: Pulling the pulling the tics off. You thought that would have happened though, I wouldn't think that would happen. But at this point, like we're out of our depth. Yeah, I think he's dead already. I'm like, this ain't gonna help. This ain't gonna bring this man alive. But the thing is, he didn't think that.
Speaker 1: You You can't. You can't take that chance because you don't know anything about these creatures. You have no knowledge of it at all.
Speaker 2: But you're also trying to save a dude that's clearly dead. Is he clearly dead? He's clearly dead, and I thought it was clearly dead. But they thought they save them. No, they were trying to get it.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm trying to save his life, to get the tics off, but you just tried to say somebody else life and killed him.
Speaker 4: Righted it again? Somebody else tried to say somebody else life. Not that particular person was the same.
Speaker 1: I thought it was the same guy. But even it wasn't we know that somebody had to say somebody life and die.
Speaker 2: You gotta try, right, No, mean, even if you gotta try, I'm fine with that the bumblebee farted rod. It wasn't it was fart. It was like a fart inside that wasn't on his lungs or something. So they they once they pulled him off, it came out of his lungs.
Speaker 1: No, I thought that it's a defense of the tick. It's like stupid. I don't know. I wouldn't necessarily know it was. It was stupid. I should have killed him like that. I don't think it should have been that toxic to where it killed him. Hey, I am glad y'all enjoyed this ship. Man.
Speaker 2: I thought it was, Oh my god, this motherfucker farted, and y'all like, yeah, killed. Are sure when you said killed the that sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to see what would happened, because you knew something that happened when he tried to pull the tike off, and that's what I was like, Oh my god, you stupid idiots. I just don't like the decision of trying to just save it, like you don't like the decisions him trying to save the man.
Speaker 2: My thing is, you got a fucking lab and nothing in this ship can say hey man. Because again, in the original, which is only two years later, they're able to scan I forget the guy's name, they're able to scan him and see what that thing is down his throat.
Speaker 1: You got these fucking unpaused pro homo.
Speaker 2: You got this guy with his whole chest opened up and some fucking some locusts, and he's like, let me.
Speaker 1: Just pull it off.
Speaker 2: This is the future. Let me just pull this shit off.
Speaker 1: Dude. This is so dumb. But okay, fine.
Speaker 2: Marl discovers that somebody has sabotage the ship and the guy did it because he was promised a new body by Cavalier.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: I'll tell me. Was this cool when they figured out who it was. I think it gave him good motive. Yeah, and I think it was smart.
Speaker 3: I like Cavalier's character, and I like the fact that he calls all like he tried to act like it was an accident. We found out to the fifth episode that he set all of this up so he could examine whatever they had going on.
Speaker 2: That seemed pretty obvious to me.
Speaker 1: You thought he was.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, he's absolutely behind. What the shitty ass writing of this show and the way he was acting the whole time, and the fact that we have not seen what happened on the ship. I was like, the ship was sabotaged. Somebody made it crash. I bet you boy Cavalier has a part in it.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I did not think that.
Speaker 2: Well did y'all think it was cool? When they figured out who it was that sabotage ship?
Speaker 1: We didn't even see you or know about that guy.
Speaker 3: Was like, just because they air pods don't mean that they in there. Wait, what are you talking? I'm talking about something different.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing it's led up to. Well, okay, if you want to talk about Tang real quick, we can. That irritated the fuck out of me. It was a complete mister wreck and it was a cheap mister wrect because it was like, look, we're watching the show. You're making it overly obvious.
Speaker 1: He didn't do it.
Speaker 2: That Tang is creepy and maybe evil, so therefore we know he didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: So then you're skipping to.
Speaker 2: This guy who we don't even know, so why would we care that it was Oh my god, it was Potchenski Pochinski did it?
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is? Then they never shootout on the.
Speaker 2: Ship, I think, and when they're hiding behind the little thing. There's the one guy that's already shot, and then there's Morrow, who is in clear view of the door. The dude comes in and shoots the guy he already shot.
Speaker 1: This is dumb dude.
Speaker 3: It makes sense that he was able to turn him with the promise of the new body because he talked about it later. As far as using low intelligence people to get what he wants. I feel like he thought that that dude was probably the dumbest dude on the ship, and that's how I get him to flip it.
Speaker 1: Then they should have they should have given us this episode.
Speaker 2: Five should have been two episodes, make us connect to these characters, make us surprise that it's Patchinski or whatever the fuck his name was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't surprised because.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know what the fuck this do?
Speaker 1: What even is? I don't so I don't care. It didn't bother me the way it did, but I did feel like it was definitely they were definitely cheating and trying to be slick. No, that's normally a cheat for me. But it didn't bother me that much.
Speaker 2: All right, So does anymore attacks the super fun ass brown woman did y'all like this scene. When there's anymore attacks her, she ran away.
Speaker 1: She was like that until she saw it and then she ran. Yeah, and then she ran into the titaculus or whatever that thing was. I just understand why she just stood there. I didn't she was, She didn't she That's not even her man that's in there. Her man is dead. Rosky. Rosky's out of here. He was the one that had the xenomore popped out because she she gave the goat. She didn't, she didn't act as a captain, and she gave the go ahead for them to do that, which led to that death. So she was just like mourning in a sense. I can see y'all weren't bothered by what I was bothered by.
Speaker 2: Spike, did you like this scene?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I thought it was. It made sense as well as her being the captain in her having agree your surviving.
Speaker 1: How she and the motherfuck did she?
Speaker 2: And granted again, she was fine as hell, but she didn't look like she was some amazing shaped woman. How the fuck did she outrun this anomoph guys, because she stopped them with the doors and stuff before that. When she immediately took off, she didn't get a good She didn't because it anymore was right there.
Speaker 1: I feel like she got a good head started. This is where I thought they were kind of playing. It was kind of that's what That's what I thought, you that's what That's what I thought. That's why I was like, is he just kind of playing around with this thing? And like, is it really just not gonna just flat out just go ahead and kill her? This killed me. This scene is supposed to be fast.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're fast, and this woman again and she was like Jackie, join her cursey kind of shape, fine, but she could bear Dom could have caught her. She ran and then immediately there's Anymorph went after her and he's jumping off the walls and ship and she outran them. I'm like, all right, brother show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they spared her for really no reason at all, none yet none. They spare her all the way to get into the.
Speaker 3: Room justice, you know, the black dudes evil or what they wanted us to believe.
Speaker 1: You know, he knew she was stupid and incompetent, but we we didn't know that he wouldn't have any sympathy. Yeah, we didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Well, we did know that by episodeive because we already saw that he's kind of evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's evil, but he he had been on her the whole time she's in a relationship. She was trying to get kicked off his captain. Actually, he gave her so many opportunities. She filled every single step, and the last ones when she got that got killed. That's what he was like, I'm the captain now. That's why he didn't care for her anymore, because she's useless. After that point, She's useless nothing. No decision she's made has been beneficial to the ship.
Speaker 2: That's why this episode I'm bugged out by by by people that loved it.
Speaker 1: So much, like, oh my god, this was like the best episode.
Speaker 2: Because it brought everything together, because it was dropped in the in the middle of mediocrity.
Speaker 1: It gave what I'm saying, what I saw a lot of people say is that it felt like Alien. It gave an Alien movie.
Speaker 2: It did because they just ripped off Alien. They just copy what we've already seen.
Speaker 1: But they needed to do that though, because up to this point, Remember I said, up to this point, everything that was leading up to it was relatively weak. I stopped watching by it three yeah, and I was like, I'm gonna let the episodes pile up because it was really slow in parts for me, and they were good episodes and they were bad episodes. Then, you know, it started off hot and then it kind of cooled off, and then it got I like this, and then it kind of cooled off again. But nevertheless, M.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well all right, I hated this, but I'm glad y'all thought it was cool. She's killed by the Xenomorph and then we're taken to present day where Mar's meeting with you Tani, where he offers to help her retrieve the specimens, which takes us into episode six.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask you, why the hell did that eye creature think it could beat that zeny war.
Speaker 2: We haven't caught there yet.
Speaker 1: It's in the same episode. Did that happen in episode yes? Remember when she walked in she ran away from it, walked in the door, and that guy was standing there and that thing and they and they got into a fist and they got into a.
Speaker 4: Fight, and that's why I thought, Yeah, that's why I thought that he was against the xenomar.
Speaker 1: I think so the only thing I could kind of try to infer from this is that it's just territorial or that these creatures just will end up just fighting each other for whatever reason, like like Alpha, you know, like you're being challenged for your top spot. And for whatever reason, this one little eye with little, little wavy, little octopus whatever tentacles thought it could beat this full fledged xenomore with a human.
Speaker 2: This was really stupid. It made no sense, and it wasn't even like a young human. This was already an old ass white human. And he jumped on the Xenomorore's back. I was like, what the fuck am I watching? What am I watching? Is he seriously jumping on his back and.
Speaker 1: The xenomore it was struggling. What the hell is this? This is so bad, dude. But Spike, you don't have to You see this in a morph and you saw the eye and you saw the human.
Speaker 2: Maybe he thought he was smart enough to beat them.
Speaker 1: Looking at.
Speaker 2: You have four started stabbing him, Spike, you jump on his back and started stabbing him. Spike, this thing took out a whole It was taking down soldiers, but I think it took our soldiers because it had the element of surprise.
Speaker 1: And in the but you know what aliens are so because I think.
Speaker 4: I think in the other movies it was element of surprise. It was dark, it was smoky. It was like they they didn't know they were well I guess they didn't know what they were doing with either. But you're talking about the eye. The eye does know what anomoreph is so much jump on his back back and start stabbing him.
Speaker 1: Ye. I don't even know if the eye really There's so much we don't know about the creatures. I don't know if the creatures even know each other.
Speaker 2: They got to I think they do how they each other, like they got them from the same air. I think they came from different Yeah, it didn't explain any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we don't know.
Speaker 2: They never really total And the whole element of surprise stuff is not true because after the element of surprise, after they know they're there and they go out there like okay, here there is anymore. Let's go to battle, they still lose because you can't kill us.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 3: I knew what the the beat things are gonna do because you've been watching them.
Speaker 1: It watches everything because it's.
Speaker 2: Watch all right, because we couldn't skipped that. No, you're right, I for some reason, Uh, what time is our meeting?
Speaker 1: Six? No, I supposed to be Oh yeah, yeah, six, all right, six, No, it's supposed to I thought it was at five, but it's five thirty now. Well it looks like it was like we probably a lot into the day.
Speaker 2: But Jayla's not here, so I'm assuming we're not having to meet.
Speaker 3: And there listening. I think he's gonna come in here.
Speaker 2: When all right, I'm gonna try to get through these last three episodes. They reprogrammed nibs Ta her memory from before the ship's crash, and then we have the meeting between Cavalier and Utanni where Cavalier tricks her. Uh, he tricks her basically into giving him twenty million in damages, but he's also going to hold the specimens for six weeks.
Speaker 1: She's so stupid, she's very stupid. Should have known that.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, so we're talking about the people making stupid decisions. What did you think about what went down with Tootles when he went to check the lab by himself and got jacked.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're talking about Tootles. Is the kid not not the husband? No, the kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where he walked in the room and the oculus lamb was like, hey, I bet if I scare him he'll fall. No, his name is Tootles.
Speaker 1: The issue, No, it was the I don't know what he was, but yeah he was brown. Yeah, he renamed Isaac after Isaac Newton, but his name I'm still oh. Yeah, he renamed them he was, but he renamed himself. I don't care.
Speaker 2: He was going now fine, But either way, Mike Issuac got killed by the eye. That's deep, y'all didn't catch that. He did't even care about The eye got my mind?
Speaker 1: Can I have to go all the way in?
Speaker 3: But see this is go to the thing where Mike was talking about. You have to excuse this because they kid, because their kids exactly, that's what That's what the kid When you look at that. The only thing that didn't irritate me about it was like, okay, you're the kid. So he would have tried this done opened the.
Speaker 2: Door all the more.
Speaker 1: What you mean he just he slightly opened it, leaned in and held the door with his foot. He could have just opened the door.
Speaker 2: There was no reason for him to go all the way inside that fucking room.
Speaker 3: What's that thing of the outside. They wouldn't have got fitted for real. I'm never am I going to think hit this button walking?
Speaker 1: But the main question, because it messed them up, the main the question I had. And you can tell once he started putting the stuff in, like, oh yeah, it's gonna get him. But did the gray haired synth set this up? He seen it happen.
Speaker 2: He saw it happened.
Speaker 1: He set it up, so you didn't think he knew he was gonna go in there and do something stupid.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: He probably thought there was a possibility of it because I think he wanted complete chaos. I think he was trying to sabotage everything, honestly.
Speaker 1: Because he said make sure you follow protocols or whatever something. However he said protocols and not see away, so stupid. It was stupid. Yeah, this was this. I hated this.
Speaker 2: I was like, why did he do that? But then you're like, oh, well, they're kids, so that's the only way to explain it away. It's like, man, this is such.
Speaker 1: Bad, scared of the fuck.
Speaker 2: But it's like, how would it know that that would even happen? Like it bangs in the door and it just knows that he's gonna fall.
Speaker 1: Why did it even fall over?
Speaker 2: I could see being sled, but you just fought who falls over and get startled? When have you ever been so scared that you just fall over? Here already lost rabbits because he was being over. But I think they were trying to speak to the intelligence of that thing. They were they were They're like, oh I am so intelligent. I benefy startle him. He'll fall over and then the little things will eat him. But why who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 1: What does this?
Speaker 3: Because it leads to me getting out when he was still walked up. I think I think if he got he knew it, he would get out if it was chaos. Eventually, Man, this is this is this is super bail all right?
Speaker 2: So this takes us too. Oh no, There's just one more thing that happens. After disconnecting Marty's tracker Arthur Arthur. Arthur is persuaded by Slightly to go into the lab, where he's attacked by the face Hugger, which I'm sure we all saw coming. It takes us into.
Speaker 1: Episode seven, which is why they had to fire him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Marcie decides that it's time for them to leave, which I would love for somebody to explain what the turning point was from Marcie to where she's like, I'm ready to go. It was NIBBs being reprogrammed. Who fucking cares. Nibs was traumatized by what happened, and they reset her. It's not like they took all of her memories. They just reset her back to before this the traumatizing shit happened.
Speaker 1: Didn't like the fact that you were tampering.
Speaker 2: With the mon You're a fucking machine.
Speaker 1: Ho.
Speaker 3: But the go to what you were saying about West World though, Like it was the same thing with these being. These things think that they're like transient beings and not, but they're struggling with being.
Speaker 2: But it seems like they did Nibs a favor by taking away the trauma. But right, she's clearly she was insane, but it's like space age therapist bike.
Speaker 3: She wanted the experiences to be genuine, almost like.
Speaker 2: Humans, so so much the point where I'm going to release as any more from habit kill everybody. It's fucking stupid, that well stupid.
Speaker 1: But I think the difference I have with this, I get the West World comparess, is that these are actually human consciousness and you know bodies that don't die, whereas those are actually real robots. Good point.
Speaker 2: So at some point when her brain develops more, I wonder she's gonna look back on this and be like, Damn, that was really fucked up. I had all those people killed because I was angry that they reprogrammed Nibs. That was really fucked up that I did. And they weren't treating them like a humor because she's not a human.
Speaker 1: She's property at this point, right, which is why I'm rethinking that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of So slightly convinces me to help him get Arthur to the beach, and once they get there, the Zeno busts out of his chest and runs off down the street. So then they go meet up with Tomorrow and they don't have this z anomorphs. Tomorrow captures them. But then we go to Cavalier and he discovers how smart the eyeball creature is. And then we see Joe, Marcy and NIBBs get held up by the Utawni stormtroopers on the boat. Was it cool when Marcy called the xenomorph to kill the troopers Rod and she said sick?
Speaker 1: Was that cool?
Speaker 2: And there's any morph, ran out of ran out of the bot, ran out of the woods, and started killing people.
Speaker 4: It was cool because I mean, like I said, she they set it up earlier, and yeah, I thought it was cool that she was actually able to control the.
Speaker 2: Z or it looked at her as the mother or something either one of y'all. Y'all think this was cool. And it came up and started killing them when they were in the little little garden of.
Speaker 1: Eden, and I like, how to disturb her? Brother?
Speaker 2: Look, I would be too, I'd be like, God, I can't believe I'm in the shitty ass show.
Speaker 1: This sucks. Oh my god, they're writing so bad here. I thought it was obvious.
Speaker 3: I thought the moment that she was able to start communicating with my figure, that she was gonna be able to use it to her advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought she kind of mentioned it before him. We might be able to use them to help us or something like that. I just want to know why my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right. So Kurse shows up and he captures the Utani troops, but Joe, Nibs, and Marcia are held up on a boat by the other troopers. Nibs bugs out and kills this one dude by ripping off his face, but the fight ends with Joe shooting nibs. End of the episode, Spike, where you like, damn, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: What what did you're throut?
Speaker 2: You just thought what I did? Why are you asking stupid questions? I don't know why he was conflicted.
Speaker 3: You was trying to get her out, and now you like bitching up show after you've seen somebody's face get ripped off, and it's like we got the power, Like you chose the wrong team, like she was saying, I think those were also his friends, ye friends, and fuck them out. He's trying to get off the island with his sister so much. But that's my point that I do have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: That's my there.
Speaker 3: There was going to be conflict at some point if you're trying to sneak your sister off of this island with your friends who are trying to keep her on the island. So now you got a problem with sneaking your sister off the island because it seems like you would have new your friends was gonna try to stop you.
Speaker 1: They troops. You know. I liked it because they were now going to the dark side. And I was. I was also like, well, ship, I don't think nib still got from issues. I see you, I see you. That wasn't necessary, bro, Yeah, like she got some issues and unfair fight.
Speaker 3: But they told us she had issues though, so we see that's another thing they thought they erased them.
Speaker 2: They did not How you don't have any ability to stop these things?
Speaker 1: How controls in place?
Speaker 2: But that doesn't really make a lot of sense for kid Cavalier to be this child prodigy. He's so smart he doesn't have a way to shut them.
Speaker 1: That is stupid.
Speaker 2: It's super stupid. You created what five six of these things? What happens if they turn on you?
Speaker 3: They could haved like a verbal like command or something to make them stop.
Speaker 2: Just like how she well we'll get to the next episode, but just like how she's able to stop the one thing. Why do they not have something? It's dumb, dude, it's dumb. But anyway, Episode eight, last episode, guys, the hybrids are all imprisoned in a cell with Joe and Marrow in prison in another cell, but Marcia uses their powers to shut down the cameras and open the cell door, Which why didn't someone know that she could do this to the point where they'd be like, this probably isn't gonna help.
Speaker 3: That's what they said. Though they said this, they probably won't hold him for long.
Speaker 2: For long it shouln't have hold him for five minutes. But whatever, What did you think about the showdown with boy Cavalier with the whole reveal of what happened with him and all that.
Speaker 1: Oh, when he gave her that whole monologue about his dad. Yeah, so I do have a question. I'll come after that later. But he was sitting there talking.
Speaker 2: Man, he was She was like, I'm like, and the hold time, I'm thinking she just bro He was like, he should have known that too. I don't know why he didn't know that.
Speaker 1: He knew that, But why did he come with one? He had to know, he was. She was scared when that door opened. He was scared. He had to know that she could do that. See.
Speaker 3: I think he thought he was so smart and so evincing that he would be able to contain her. I thought he was gonna be He thought he was gonna be able to talk his way out of it. And when she opened that door, like he knew she could. I think he was working.
Speaker 1: Talking and manipulated all of them because he had the one that he said was his favorite, and that's how she was able to betray them. Kind of stay on board. Here's the question I have was was Cavalier human? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so he just acts like a child. He is a child young. He's supposed to be super young.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to be like probably fourteen or something. I don't know if they ever really said his name. I think he's like a teenager.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought he was just a twenty some year old. I don't know he was that young.
Speaker 2: You thought he had that Benjamin button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought he was just young looking.
Speaker 2: No, he's supposed that's why they call him kid Cavalier. He's supposed to be a kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, because that's why he annoyed me. But and then he ran off doing Hide go Seek.
Speaker 2: See okay, Yeah, Like this part could have worked because I thought the whole interesting thing about I built a scinth. In the scinth I had to kill my abusive father. I was like, okay, wow, that could have gone somewhere. But yeah, when she opened the thing and then he just ran off and he was smiling and shit, I was like all right, what am I watching? What the fuck am I watching?
Speaker 1: Because the thing is, you can't beat any of them.
Speaker 2: No, but him running away giggling, I was like, why is he smiling like this?
Speaker 1: Exactly because you have one no protocols in place to stop them too. There's a xenomore if I don't even know if he know that controller, but that's running around. But he did know that. So there's a threat looming your security guard? Where are you? Even though you offered to pay them a million dollars? Are they gonna get there in time to help save you? Like you're you're in trouble? Well, he knew his scent was going after the brother brother. He was going to try to use the brother's leverage.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, well that's pretty stupid.
Speaker 1: But not really work up to this point.
Speaker 3: Wash wasn't he giggling because he had that idea though, Yeah, of putting an eyeball on the brother or something, and.
Speaker 1: He thought he could get Wendy to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what made you think showing up with one bodyguard was going to work against a bunch of sense who have now turned on you. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: It was a version. It was what diversion. A diversion, yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 4: It was like, yeah, to keep them off of the fact that he's setting us up with the brother.
Speaker 2: But why would I even have to go do a diversion. Why couldn't I just go do this with the brother and bring him along. It doesn't make any sense. It's just okay, all right. So what did y'all think about the fight? We're almost done, y'all. What do you think about the fight between Cursh and Marrow?
Speaker 1: I liked it. That was good.
Speaker 3: I liked the elevator scene. I thought the elevator scene where he was called on.
Speaker 1: That one got scared to get on the elevator. Yeah, I liked it. But I thought they dynamic was great. Yeah, it was a good fight. He messed and broke up his back yeah yeah, body slander, Yeah, took him out. He had paralyzed after that, body slim. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So after that, me and slightly show up and save the day by incapacitating both of them Borrow and Kersh. But what do you think about the showdown in the lab between Marcy, Joe, the Oscilis and Adam? And was Adam's reveal a shock.
Speaker 4: He had already said it. When he said it that he that he had him kill his father. I was like, oh, that must be Adam. Wait what what did that miss? Adam his assistant assistant was the synth that's the one that killed his father. He said he created him when he was younger, when.
Speaker 1: He Okay, yeah, okay, okay. That's how Wendy was able to control him because he's part of the whole network. Yeah, I know, I mean Spikes was trying to work it out. Well, yeah, I didn't know that was the one that killed the father, you know, Yeah, that's what I assumed it was. Yeah, I assume the same thing. Okay. Did y'all think the parallels with his name was cool? Sure? Adam? Sure?
Speaker 2: I just cannot believe this. This is an adult, a serious adult, that wrote this ship.
Speaker 1: Well, why would you think this is clever? I thought that the parallel was fine between Adam A.
Speaker 2: T O. M. And Adam and Eve. That's clever.
Speaker 1: I thought that was clever. I thought I like I said, I thought the whole Lost Boys thing was fine.
Speaker 2: I think because you had an issue with that that didn't help this at all. No, because it's just like, I'm not a goddamn kid, why are you spoon feeding me?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 2: And then you're you're doing things that are just so corny. It's corny to me to be like, oh, this is my first scent that I built and I called it Adam A T O M. But if you know the Bible, there's also a D A M.
Speaker 1: Do you get it? You get it? Guy? It's like, are we still doing this? They probably doing it right now in the government, bro, project Adam.
Speaker 2: But is there is there someone as smart as kid Cavalier in the government.
Speaker 1: He probably got some Adams sitting around somewhere. I don't know if he's as smart as but but again I think my shoe was Joe like, Bro, you so fucking stupid intullible, Like you're just gonna walk in there, just lamb to the slaughter.
Speaker 4: We went into the thing that was smart first and too, and then he noticed that he was trying to get it on the other side, so he got out.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fine. Yeah, I mean, that was the smart to jump in there and hide from it and that things.
Speaker 2: But was it cool to you that that that that they could kick this little eyeball thing across the room and let it hit the wall. It's still just like I'm strangers. I'm an eyeball.
Speaker 1: He got he got, he got this, he got thinking they got there after the second kid this crazy. I'm gonna go into the eyeand I'm going to somebody else. I'm gonna going find some water already did she was kicking the hell out of that thing, talking just qushed it.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought she was gonna do. That's what I thought you were gonna do. Clearly it's evil. Why are you kicking it across the room like you're fucking Jackie Chan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is stupid, squishing him. It's over. It's a rap. It's a fucking eyeball.
Speaker 2: Did anybody else question why the little eyeball went and found Arthur on the beach.
Speaker 3: I think it was just looking for a host. He was just looking for some of the hosts.
Speaker 2: But there is a ship full of dead people. The Xenomorphe has been killing people left and right. Why did it go all the way to.
Speaker 1: The beach because I think that's a sewer and maybe it's just kind of that's where it let out. I didn't know it could control dead bodies like that.
Speaker 3: It took the dead dude over in ship, right, did you try to fight any.
Speaker 1: No, he was still alive. I don't remember them ever killing that guy. Yeah, I didn't know it could take over a dead body. I know it kills and takes over the host, but I thought they had to be alive first.
Speaker 2: Now we got alien versus zombies.
Speaker 1: Tight.
Speaker 2: I think they just wanted to keep that actor around because it made it made no sense. There's there's myriads of dead people, and it's like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go to the beach and people are gonna run from that. You see someone walking with a gaping hole in your chest, you're kinda ask her you okay, clearly you're not.
Speaker 3: It's probably gonna play into his wife's too.
Speaker 1: Something to do is lie do what she sees that walking? You mere? Like, honey, what happened to you? Did you fall? Baby?
Speaker 2: All right, So we're at the end of the episode. The show ends with the Oculus going into Arthur while Marcy and the Lost Boys lock everyone up in a cage with the Xenomorph and a baby Xenomorph by their side. Whoever wants to go, I'll go.
Speaker 1: I'll star with you.
Speaker 2: Spike, was that's a cool ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was serviceable.
Speaker 3: It wasn't great, I didn't think, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the series.
Speaker 1: I still liked it, but I kind of the ending was kind of.
Speaker 3: Predictable in a sense of where the bad and they turn bad and whatever it may be. Now you wait for season two and see like how they're gonna be as the evil people overall, and.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed it, although I think the I did have a question with the ending because I'm like, okay, so now we got there, the dynamics have changed, so they're the bad ones. Where the hell are they gonna fall in the rest of this universe? Now? I saw someone mention that in one of the movies. They said that there's a planet of sense somewhere. Okay, so I guess that's the connection that's going to happen. So maybe they're building that in the world. Yeah, those are they're probably doing that, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rod, Yeah, it was fine. Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 4: I was a little annoyed because I'm like, Okay, I guess they got to keep this show going, so I wanted to see more of a conclusion versus like a continuation thing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm here. I'm definitely here for a season two because I want to know. I need more background information about these creatures, the plans they came from, et cetera, et cetera. I would love to know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, how far can they take this though, if y'all saying it is just two years before.
Speaker 4: Because they can because they can expand the world and put this on a whole nother place that we haven't explored yet.
Speaker 2: They're doing that with Star Wars, now, got it?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's yeah, So that's how it can make this makes sense as to why certain please, uh, what'd you say?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: I feel like with Star Wars they keep expanding.
Speaker 2: The especially the Mandalorian world with Grogu and all that, because we hadn't seen him before, so that they're keeping y'all saw that coming on the movie trailers out looks like shit, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: But overall, I still enjoyed the series. I I there's some issues, of course, I not to the point where it adoyed me to the point where you just hate the series. But I did not like the Peter Pants stuff of either. It just was I just didn't understand. I mean, I got with it. I just it was unnecessary because I like, why do you keep talking about this damn shit? So I didn't feel like that was needed or clever or or cute. It's like, why why we still going back to these old stories, these old deep stories stories? Bro Okay, It's just like, but we're in space in the future and they just won't let Peter Pan, Moby Dick and all the shit go. I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: Just thousands of years into the future and these motherfuckers are still making an entire metaphor about fucking Peter Pan.
Speaker 1: And it's not even really about Peter Pan.
Speaker 2: It's more so about the fact that you think we're so dumb that you keep needing to keep bringing it up. It's like, we get it. You don't have to keep reminding us that this is about Peter Pan.
Speaker 1: It's a narration, damn there.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it's the parallel of wanting to live forever, Like it makes sense rod you explaining what it's about doesn't help because I already know that that's on the point. It's like, we're smart enough to get this. They don't have to keep drilling it in. Like you probably got that narrative by episode two, So why in episode three, four, five, six, seven, in eight do I have to keep reminding us.
Speaker 1: That's That's where I got annoyed. It didn't ruin it for me the way it did for my question I have. Do you think it's because people Peter Pan is probably one of the lost ones that they don't reference it as much as they used to. Who they just move?
Speaker 2: I think that Peter Pan is one of the most known stories of all time. So them doing this, it was like, well, why are you doing this? Because we again, we we already know this story, and this metaphor isn't deep. It's so on the nose that it got to be annoying. Not nearly as annoying with ending this show with two pet xenomorphs. I could have thrown my fucking TV across the out about that, I could have thrown my TV across the room. Why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: This is another world?
Speaker 4: I think they're building another world of where the genomores are controlled.
Speaker 2: But these are xenomorphs. They're No, this doesn't work this way. They're pets now in this particular part of the alien world. Yeah, why they're still xenomorphs. Why would they come out and be like, all right, now we have this robot thing that can control them. The whole amazing thing about the alien universe was these xenomorphs. You think they're brainless until you realize what they're doing. They're like, they're like worker bees, taking things back to the queen to service the queen. Now we have them servicing a fucking robot.
Speaker 4: Well, they seem, like y'all are alluding to with all the other alien movies, they seem damn near impossible just to defeat. So now we have a way to kind of maybe possible work towards defeating them.
Speaker 3: They haven't They're gonna have a movie where they fight against each other something.
Speaker 1: Oh, hell no, they can't do that.
Speaker 2: So much so that two years later, we still don't know how this whole thing works, to the point we're going to a planet and getting sucked u because we don't know how this works.
Speaker 1: Was the second is even more of the one that hashed out of Arthur's body?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's one that was rolled around on the one that cursed caught. Yes, yeah, y'all blew my mind, which is just two years before because that don't make sense.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb. So it makes sense if it's in a different part of the universe.
Speaker 2: But but they're on Earth and and at and during the second movie, Ripley goes back to Earth, does she yes? And then they send her back into space because remember by by the end of the first one, she's on her way back. Okay, they convince her to go back out there by using her her motherly whatever, they convince her to go back out there. None of this information is on Earth anymore. About Hey, there were genomorphs here, there's a robot that can talk to them, that can train them. None of this information is anywhere.
Speaker 1: Maybe that ship already out in space. Well they're still trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: But at the third by the second movie, but I'm said the first movie, like, maybe that ship that ran into the Xeno warves is already out in space during this in the first movie, sure, in the second movie, no, because she comes back to Earth.
Speaker 1: It seems like they would know. And then the first one, remember that was what they call the things in Prometheus, the Engineers. The Engineers had that ship that was a completely different thing, which kind of maybe goes to Rodd's point, because that was a completely different ship with different aliens.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Yeah, I think I don't think they know, like because it still is happening on this private island. Like, this is happening on a private island. People don't even know this is going on right now on this private island. There are multitudes of soldiers that have gone there and gotten murdered by a xenomorph on a beach.
Speaker 2: But they were so.
Speaker 4: They were soldiers of Utant. Oh well, they all are staying there. Remember this, like, oh well, this is the at the end of the day that all this information is on this island. It's remote island. No one knows about this island. You're on Earth, but nobody knows about this remote island. But they're not getting this information because remember they were saying, you, Tani knows it's there, her people know it's there. Utani is also also a trillionaire that has access to all of this.
Speaker 1: Then what exactly?
Speaker 2: Okay, so then she's the one their company is the one sending these ships out there. But at no point do they ever mention like, oh, yeah, there's a robot that.
Speaker 1: Can talk to them. They're going to have I don't think they know yet she you okay, forget. The only way I think this could make sense is that these are the only ones that are controlled, the ones that are on this island. That's it, the two xenomores, and there's no no because there's no queen, right, there's only one egg left exactly, there's no queen.
Speaker 2: So they have to explain to us at some point why Marcy can talk to them and control them.
Speaker 1: Maybe because they need a queen. Maybe they need a queen. The issue I have is is I get I could shoot some bell for her being able to control the one that came out of her brother, because it just came out, just saw her, and maybe it just bonded. The second one is the one I have an issue with.
Speaker 2: Then why didn't any of these motherfuckers come out and bond with Ripley when they busted out of people's chest.
Speaker 1: That's where I was going to go, because we have historical data to show that every time these motherfuckers are birth to what is supposed to be a mom is always tried to kill them.
Speaker 2: Yes, the first film, it comes out and it wipes out the entire crew, with the exception of Dallas if we go with the deleted scenes and all that, it wipes out the whole crew, with the exception of Dallas and Ripley. Why would it do that if we have this show that shows that it comes out and then looks at a woman, it's like, oh, you must be my queen.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna kill you. It's dumb. Yeah. I tried to kill Ripley, and it was somebody else that that that it tried to kill too. It was one of the other another movie where it tried to kill what was supposed to be the paternal parent. But in this one, it's just like I could just, you know, do some morse code and everything's cool. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well again, I'm glad y'all enjoyed the show.
Speaker 1: I like how she read the boy at the end. She's like, you just a little.
Speaker 2: Angry man, and he's smiling and giggling. Still, no, he wasn't smiling talk to me like that. He looked hurt when the show ended. He was always tied up, smiling, giggling.
Speaker 1: Now we rule is this. He is such a terrible But I liked it. I liked him. He annoyed me the whole show. I did not like him the whole show. It was just such a because it felt forced.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's how a teenager with his is he arrogant.
Speaker 1: It's super arrogant. I think that's how he would act. Tight.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm again. I'm glad y'all enjoyed it, all three of you. I thought this was really bad. I really wanted to love this show and it was a humongous disappointed.
Speaker 1: What that.
Speaker 2: You come around, but I will not come around. I will not come around.
Speaker 1: This is bad.
Speaker 2: This is bad writing, bad dialogue, It's stupid sea. Yeah, I'm sure I'll watch season two because I want to see if they're gonna clean any this bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you they're gonna clean this up. Well I don't.
Speaker 2: They should have. They shouldn't have made a mess that they have to clean up. But yeah, I'm done. I guess we'll see y'all later. I'm sure y'all all disagree with me, which is fine, But let me know if y'all have answers to any of the questions I asked. And uh, we'll see y'all next time.
Speaker 1: We out. Peace.