Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast.
Speaker 2: Podcast anniversary review Thirty years ago, nineteen ninety five, Martin Scorsese directed Casino. Casino stars Sam As Rostein is, Robert de Niro, Nicki Saren Toro is Joe Pessi, and Petty excuse me Nicki back played by Joe Pesci, and then Ginger McKenna, a charmer who's played by Sharing song. All right, go around the room. Did you guys rewatch Casino? You're doing it off memory and.
Speaker 1: That you did? Did?
Speaker 3: Hold up, Mike, gonna start with you. I rewatched it. I haven't watched the viol and yeah, I mean it's it's good, it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean that I need to watch over and over because once you know what happens, then it's kind of like, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Oh you know this is one of them. Do you think that's one of those movies? Yeah? I don't ever have to rewatch this.
Speaker 4: Film because it's like the whole cool thing about the original time of watching it is like watching how the story breaks down and watching how Joe Pesci and Robert de Niro's.
Speaker 3: Characters kind of fall apart.
Speaker 4: Once you know all that, it's just like, all right, what am I watching here because honestly, I don't think that this is one of Scorsessi's best to me really, nah nah, I think a lot of it is killed by the terrible practical effects. Like it starts off with one of the worst effects of all time where he gets in the car and it skips and it's a dummy that's like this, it blows up.
Speaker 1: It's so bad, Mike. They're shooting people with no blood.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It makes no sense.
Speaker 4: Like when Joe Peshi grabs that one dude and shoots him in the head. It's like, bro, the bullet would have gone through his head and into your arm. What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: It's not it's a story stabbed him.
Speaker 5: They had when he killed that woman that were snitched, that Sue Peter Green. Joe walked into her house very similar, grabbed by the head, shot her two or three times.
Speaker 3: No blood comes out. It's weird. There's multi exactly what multiple like like nothing? Yeah, you know you're not gonna grab somebody.
Speaker 4: That's crazy as teeny wing as he is too. You really put somebody in the head lock and shooting him. It's not it's yeah, this is not the thing. That makes it movie be.
Speaker 3: Good as a story.
Speaker 4: The story is awesome, but the movie itself it's great.
Speaker 3: It really is a great film. But it's not something I need to watch over and over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think it's that type of film. There are films like that where it's like, Okay, once I know it, what's the point of watching this again.
Speaker 3: I think for this one, you rewatch it just.
Speaker 6: For like the acting of the the characters or whatever, like the lines or whatever like, and then the story is good. I think the story as long as hell. So you mean I tried to go rewatch it. I just couldn't get through it in time for the review. I mean, but I've seen this movie like four or five times, you know what I'm saying. But I didn't want to watch the whole thing just to see how it felt. I just wasn't able to get through the whole thing. But the parts that I did see, watched about half of it. Yeah, it's like, yeah, this this still holds up. It still holds up. There was a little bit more of a lore for it back in the day for it for me like, oh that ships gangst you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, but as I'm older.
Speaker 6: It's like it don't hit quite the same, you know, so so yeah, but but nah, yeah, still it's still. I think it's still. I think it's one of his best. I think it's one of his best. Honestly, Ken, what say you do it?
Speaker 1: Hold up?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I think I think the story is the story I think regardless of I think it the work for a lot of generations. I think the disconnect would come and just you know, some of the comical way. Like you it's ninety five, it's not the fifties assisted you can show blood.
Speaker 1: So I think the.
Speaker 5: Times, yes, it's weird, it was just the times he that picked and choose. I don't think I've ever really noticed that until this time.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't take away from the movie. It's just funny as fuck, you know. But I didn't rewatch it.
Speaker 1: You know, but I wasn't paying attention to it because I've seen it so many times.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I've seen this.
Speaker 1: Movie the same thing.
Speaker 2: I've seen it so many times. But I did rewatch it as well. It lost a little bit of the law, Like you said, right, it lost a little bit because essentially it's just about Sam being like.
Speaker 3: Pussy will pussy whip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, for lack of a better word, like you just I'm over his chick who game on you the whole movie.
Speaker 3: But my thing is that even warned him. She warned him. No, no, no, Yeah, he was stupid.
Speaker 6: He was absolutely dumb, But he said he narrates that though, he said, Look, I know I was probably the dumbest shit I've ever done in my life. But but I do like the the idea how women can make you crazy. We're seeing it all the main we see that women to be the downfall in most of these movies.
Speaker 3: He was his downfall though it be, but like she, she let him down. This is what you're getting into. Yeah, he said it. He said it. He said, Look I in the narration, He's like, Yo, I was stupid.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: You know, this is probably the dumbest thing I've ever.
Speaker 6: Done because he's so in control of everything else except this part of his life.
Speaker 1: And the love will do that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, King, all right, so let's start with the opening credits.
Speaker 5: That's what he should have told her. Put on that Tony Bratton. Hell, I'm sorry. He was the king of Simps.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm telling you, he was like it was.
Speaker 4: I didn't even remember thinking that bad about him when I was younger.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: It was almost it was because you said it was a gangster movie, so I appreciated the gangster aspects of it and stuff.
Speaker 3: But watching it, but that was.
Speaker 4: The part that wasn't at all. This motherfucker is so stupid watching it, everybody knew what everybody knew.
Speaker 3: He was trying to turn the hole into the house, like he walked in rooms and they was like on a wedding day.
Speaker 4: She talking to crime to this nigga. Yes, I'm let a little person hit Like, what the fuck? How you get cheated on by fucking gangster Tyrion?
Speaker 3: He didn't really even care. Oh my god, bro, like he was.
Speaker 2: She gave him that trump before we get into the movie, did she did They do a good job of presenting her in a way that he would have been that head over here. No, No, we needed about twenty more minutes to understand this because I was just like, Bro, Sharon Stone is good looking for an old white lady.
Speaker 4: But it was like, why was he so enamored by her? They should have played some she was just stealing because what she was just stealing?
Speaker 3: Stealing. I think he was she was still in some game.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying his first introduction to her was at the table where she was still people.
Speaker 3: She's just a thief. Yeah yeah, and he fell in love right there. That was insane. I was he was watching basic instinct. He seems basicast. He was like me.
Speaker 6: I give you the world. I changed the life. You never what he said. He's like, look, you said I changed your life. You ain't gotta never workhip working.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she turned down at the proposal and everything. It's like she didn't even want you.
Speaker 6: And you know what, And again I think that was like a she's more like like a guy that has so much pride, like I can get it's a challenge, you know what I'm saying. I think that was the thing. I think because she was a challenge but you don't want me shit.
Speaker 5: Well, she was also, you know, outside of being caught up in her penalty slash child, a sweetheart. She viewed herself as an independent woman, not needing them.
Speaker 1: Man, even though that.
Speaker 5: Wasn't but in her mind she was like, I'm independent, I don't need your money, I can go get my own ship.
Speaker 3: She's a damn lie.
Speaker 1: Right, true.
Speaker 3: He definitely upgraded her life.
Speaker 2: The opening told us exactly what type of tragedy we are going to be dealing with. Mike, I saw with you. How did you like the narration style switching back and forth between Ace and what's his name?
Speaker 4: Nick this is That's something I've never loved about this because it doesn't really make sense. Like, so it starts off and it gives us the impression that what's what's.
Speaker 3: Robert and Neil's characters? Him again Ace.
Speaker 4: It gives the impression a dead but he's narrating, so I'm like, okay, Ace is probably not dead. And then it gives us Nicky's voice, but Nikki is dead, so it's like, well, what's happening here?
Speaker 3: Why are I just didn't I don't know. I've never loved that.
Speaker 2: About it never bothered me before until this time watching it, Really, I was like, bro, it just it was weird and off putting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very off putting, but this doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: It didn't bother me, I think just because it's it's just is the movie, and I've watched it so many times, I just just.
Speaker 1: Just go with it. But I've never thought about it. Yeah beyond that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: I never even Yeah, same thing with Ken. I never thought about it. So y'all just said it, like, yeah, Nikki is technically dead, so how is he narrating?
Speaker 3: But they do that. They've done that before.
Speaker 4: Movies, though, and I never like it. It's like, why is this dead person there? Well, Na, there's been a couple of times it's worked. I think it just did and work for this movie because it was bouncing back and forth between someone that's dead and someone that's not.
Speaker 5: And then they had that one guy towards the end who did a voice over too.
Speaker 6: They just did it in weapons right, they had the little kid in the area that was dead.
Speaker 3: The kid wasn't dead. He only wanted is the one that they survived and.
Speaker 5: They got I'm talking about when he was talking to the Bob, the my boss, and he was like, as he's sleeping around with old girls, uh, old boy's wife, And then the characters started.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right, he did. He did.
Speaker 4: If I had told him he'd killed me to, I couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: Him that he was sucking his way. Yeah, didn't bother me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we go to Ace running Tanglers. He's talking about the odds, cheating systems, scams, comps, basically explaining in Vegas and how the mob took it over. Question in this one. Ace is a really good operator. We see, like you said, he tells people what to do, how to do it. He knows how to run Vegas essentially. But also we've spoken about how emotionally blind he is when it came to Sharon Stone's character. How did y'all read him for that? Like, did y'all look at him as like he's a sucker? Or like is he one of the smartest gangsters that you've seen.
Speaker 3: On a simple bro his whole movies? Did that take away from the other stuff he was doing? I'll ask you that.
Speaker 4: No, No, because him as a gangster. Yeah, because a lot of gangsters are sucking simps.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, in all honesty, he never really did like gangster ship.
Speaker 3: He just ran right. It was Nikki his crew that was helping him.
Speaker 1: They were his protectors, you know, make sure he was straight. But now he ran like.
Speaker 6: A gangster at one point, especially when the dudes were doing a car in the beginning, and he had the motherfucking.
Speaker 3: Mass like, yo, which hand do you use that?
Speaker 6: He was like, you know, you want the hamm on your money or you want like you.
Speaker 3: Want to hand on the money, or you want to leave out of it. I'd like to just go, like.
Speaker 4: Just give me that money my hand, he said, throw him out until he got hit by a.
Speaker 3: Car, go to the hospital. That was crazy, throw a car.
Speaker 6: Us he was a gangster. He just was like one of them, low key. Yeah, he wasn't like muscle type gangs. So like NICKI was, Nicky was like a muscle but he was just like a boss type gangs.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, I forgot about that because the rest of the movie he was damn fucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, him being a ship and take away from the gangs and stuff for you, right.
Speaker 6: A little bit, A little bit for me, a little bit because it's like, man, why you could be so dumb? It's just aggravated the whole It's it's like a part of the movie that's really aggravating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like because he never likes At some point it seemed like you realize and he never it never clicked for he.
Speaker 3: Trusted her with two million dollars.
Speaker 1: He was suid.
Speaker 3: That didn't make any sense. This girl already, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: She's trying to tell you yes, yes, you got the yes. I'm not the one you're looking for. Yes, give me the key Jesus to saving you.
Speaker 3: If you get what it's snowballs with her. It was like that was aggravating, that wasting.
Speaker 6: Even back then, it was aggravating, Like, Yo, how can he be such a so smart at this business but so dumb in a relationship?
Speaker 1: Insane?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Nikki, we talked about hell rob he robs to Vegas because they wanted to put their eyes on the situation, see what was going on. Nikka comes to town. Jesus is a fresh town. He all all his shenanigans can get off back here. Nobody out there to check him. Did y'all like this portrayal of Nikki arriving and how he was handling everything, just being out of control.
Speaker 3: I feel like he took the show like it was like this is his movie.
Speaker 6: But he tended to do that back in the day though he did its films. Anytime he's in the movie, it's like, oh, it's his now facts, But but no, I like I liked his role.
Speaker 3: I like the and this is like based on a true story.
Speaker 2: I think Joe Petty's role is loosely based on the Mob and force. The name Anthony Spollutro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the legend right right right, Chicago Mob Mafia or whatever. So yeah, I mean I thought I thought this whole, this whole concept, this whole storytelling was was really dope or whatever. But yeah, I like what he brought to the to the movie by moving there. He's like, oh, thank you, I got your permission, thank you.
Speaker 3: That was funny. That was good throughout. Man, he was so good through one lounges and ship like that, so good.
Speaker 1: For a second, I thought it was ain't no.
Speaker 3: Dan, I used to get them mixed up to what I did. I was young. I ain't No. They don't look nothing alike physical statue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see how you call the people, Chubby, I said around.
Speaker 4: So A said the perfect system going on out of the face. And then Nicky came and just ship pissed.
Speaker 3: All over his parade.
Speaker 2: What do you think about how he had destabilized Ace's perfect system?
Speaker 5: Well you can also it's it's a different type of sense, but he's still It was a sucker for Nikki too, and he let.
Speaker 3: Him come up there, have a choice. Yeah, he was trying to tell him not to. Yeah, he was trying to nicely tell him not to. It's not to say him.
Speaker 1: He couldn't say.
Speaker 3: He knows, he can't say no. It's Nicky, but he's on coming.
Speaker 1: I thought the bosses also send him up there.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's why he couldn't say no.
Speaker 2: He was just saying that he asked NICKI only asked him out as a sign of respect. He's right, like I could just come out here and just start shaking it up, right, But I'm gonna make you think you important by running this back. That's why, thanks for your permission.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he should have said no, but he couldn't say.
Speaker 3: In the desert fucked him up or something.
Speaker 5: Nicky couldn't sucked him up. What do you mean, because he.
Speaker 3: Was because he's making all that money for them, they would.
Speaker 5: Have take they would have taken Nikki out, even though Nikki was protected. So but you can tell Nikki was.
Speaker 3: A wild card.
Speaker 5: Like you know when that guy was up there at his feet on the thing and he went and I was a pretty big guy. He just starts slapping him around. That It was funny you telling my friend you like how he reached.
Speaker 3: Him right right, he said he's not talking.
Speaker 1: Was definitely stretched out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he definitely did like spunch out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until my friend to funk off? Right, where's all that energy now? Like he was just like, yeah, he was so good and.
Speaker 1: This ship he was how didn't get away with that ship.
Speaker 3: Because he was sucking made man o man can get away with it like that. They know he got back and if they do something to he did say he was made. Yeah he's a mad man. But I used ton't though, right, Yeah he was just Jewish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that one threw me off too because I'm just used to him being a fucking Italian guy.
Speaker 3: But him call him a jew and stuff. I was just like, yeah, they called him slur They did the Irish. They did that in The Irishman too. He wouldn't like, I don't think.
Speaker 5: He was k Yeah. And then if you watch Nick used he was a couple. He used the N word and then the ESSEN word, yeah, saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah they all.
Speaker 2: The character was in war Walk Empire. They used to make a big deal like and you a ros Ace Rothstein.
Speaker 4: That's the same the guy that what's his face played the guy that what's the eyes that looks like a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't realize that was the.
Speaker 4: Same Oh so he almost got blown up but then later actually did get killed.
Speaker 3: Wow, I didn't know it was the same guy. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: So this is the tielor this might he says a side tail. This is tied to that, I guess.
Speaker 3: So his name.
Speaker 5: In this right here, just like it's a couple of you know, it's a couple of different James Williams.
Speaker 4: What can't be the same guy because the time period for Bowalk Oh, yeah, it was like in the.
Speaker 3: It was a dude. It was a Jewish dude. Isn't the names that they interested? That's interesting?
Speaker 4: Maybe a Rothstein is a common name, like Ken just said, Joe Brown or some ship.
Speaker 2: So now we're at the point where he meets Ginger, who we've been talking about seeing her hustling at a high roller table and he's instantly smitten by her, which I have no understanding as to why he didn't even get to the game that she ran yet.
Speaker 4: But we talked about how I'll put it, this was anything I want to dive into here when he meets her. But that's probably why it because she was a go getter. She was pretty, but also she was doing some funck shit, you know, so I could I could kind of.
Speaker 3: Understand, but it was just it was just too much, too fast.
Speaker 4: But I've definitely hung out with women that I'm just like, I'm not really that attracted to you, but like respect the fact that you just did coke off the bathroom in this bar.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of Colet's like you should hang out.
Speaker 6: That's that toxic.
Speaker 4: So I kind of get it. I'm not giving her my fucking you know, the code of my bank account and ship though depending on how long, because I met you doing coke off the fucking sink, so I know how you get down.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving you anything.
Speaker 4: She does some tricks for you, were like you know, here you go, only she can give me that trump.
Speaker 3: That's about it.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying, you ain't getting a.
Speaker 3: So nothing else about As and Ginger and how they meeting, but.
Speaker 5: Out to that guy that she was scamming, like he knew what was going on. Yeah, it was like it was like, oh yeah, I just saw you putting all my money in your your wallet and you want we want more body, get the funk out of she was filings hell, oh ship.
Speaker 1: Man, bro I was bro man as hell.
Speaker 3: This was the forties.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised she didn't get her ass well for real, I mean not the forties, six sixties.
Speaker 3: Still have a lot of protection man man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she showed right then that she was crazy. He was just like looking like, oh my god, I love her. He was in love with that. But that's something about like that, just crazy behavior.
Speaker 2: You're never gonna know, no peace with women, like you know, you might have a fun time. I just want to get a piece, but you will never know.
Speaker 6: What is the attraction of seeing somebody that's sucking like a problem? You see that They absolutely I don't know what's the you tell. I know the saying, but I'm just saying, but they say like crazy is the best or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say, but just what I'm saying, like why why is that you got to ask?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: Explained by mere humans?
Speaker 2: Passion like men? Like they like that passion like passion because it.
Speaker 3: Translates what I'm saying, like you like to.
Speaker 9: Run the other way that I run the other way later. I've definitely been been caught up in that before, but it only took me one time to get caught up and something like that.
Speaker 4: Pure crazy, a little like poor a knife on me crazy sea that was.
Speaker 3: That was plight for us. Knife that was that's a level scene. Uh uh yeah, I'm good. That's all it took for me. I stayed clear, all right.
Speaker 2: So now we're at the marriage in the beginning of the end, essentially Ginger spiraling off drugs, Leicester Diamond.
Speaker 3: We meeting Leicester Diamond. Well, I don't think we meet him. He's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was, in fact Leicester Diamonds played by James Wood, who scored Scarzy cast because he said, and he quotes I quote, he's the best scumbag on earth.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, because he's still a piece of ship. James would just give like this isable yeahackable face.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, you can, you can see me right now for the first time.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be alright.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, what laced game? What do y'all think Gingers in game?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 3: Do y'all think she was ever capable of love?
Speaker 4: No, she's told me she wasn't right, Like, no, he's just like it can grow, give some time, let me one day like mutual agreement. You know, he's so crazy, he super crazy.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are you talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, nah, And my thing is like what y'all saying, like yeah, you know, the crazy thing. But I don't even think he had gotten to that point with her like that, like he just knew it was good though.
Speaker 3: I just knew it was good.
Speaker 1: Had the baby first up front, so he did, you know, Hedges bets.
Speaker 3: See that shows you right there and something's wrong. She letting you shoot up, you know what I'm saying, and you, your dumbass, is doing it. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think like existed yet, right, this is the sixties.
Speaker 3: They existed. They may not have been paid. It might not have been a mainstream talking like you got.
Speaker 7: You gotta you. I thought that ship wasn't to the eighties, box y'all are wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't think she happened to the eighties. It was in the sixties.
Speaker 2: Somebody, if somebody famous died from like Syphilism, some ship like.
Speaker 3: That, well from yeah, but you can get Syphiliss other ways. Really, I don't know, I don't know more sexually transmitted. Yeah maybe, yeah, yeah you can. So it was straight manipulation from from the get go. It really wasn't even she was really like no, like you signed up for this. I'll let you know exactly what this was. It was on him. It was on him.
Speaker 4: And he saw before he even married her that she was still talking to the other dude. So it's on It's all on him. You got money, you got a casino. You can't find no other woman? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So we get to the fallout with the feds. Ace is being investigated.
Speaker 2: He refused to give up the slop machine and guy he keeps the cowboy gangster out and then he loses control of Tangiers where he worked at.
Speaker 3: Did a slit ego take over here? He absolutely?
Speaker 4: Did you meet a motherfucker that dresses like a cowboy?
Speaker 3: You know he's got influence?
Speaker 4: Yes, why would you think I'm not gonna listen to nothing? This motherfucker says, Yeah, he sucked himself.
Speaker 3: What do you think he did?
Speaker 5: But he's still at a job to do, and that was he was in a tough spot because that guy was an idiot, was he? Hell yeah, the boy guy. No, the cowboy guy wasn't because he was. He was a politician in the city. So he just but and that was his nephew. We're talking about the nephew that worked there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought something about the cowboy. The cowboy guy was slats and he kicked out Nicky's cowboy guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking about the politician.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was thinking of too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're talking about that. That was that was the guy that Nikki beat up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, he did the right thing with him.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we'll talk about aces guy, the guy what you were about to talk about a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, white boy there were there were all the machines are red and he was just letting them sucking down because bro, what the there's nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Well, gosh a, what the fuck? Andy Griffin? What's the guy from Andy Griffith whom pile pile? Yeah, you're gonna regret this. Oh yeah, like what bro, you get.
Speaker 4: Your get your touchd ask the funk out my goddamn casino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was. He was stupid. They showed us early. Yes, he was. He was stupid.
Speaker 2: So Nicky became a lot more reckless robberies, beat down skimming operations get sloppy. Uh, the desert scenes he goes out and order Ace. Well, when they went out to the designated some of those scenes, what did y'all think about Nicki spiring his downfall?
Speaker 3: So he basically became over zealous at this point.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, who gonna check me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got he got too beside himself, like he went up there for a specific thing. Your specific thing was to protect Ace. But now you've seen so much opportunity here, you're trying to just you know, come, you know, do way too much more than you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: He kind of saw that starting to spiral too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean and and you know they say earlier that everybody's skimming off the top and they know it.
Speaker 1: It's just part of the game. So but then that.
Speaker 5: Ship started to get even heavier, heavier, like now more and more, the shit getting lighter and lighter because of what Nicki was doing, because everybody is now, yeah, taking a cut, and now the bosses are noticing ship is going on. And then I don't know what he did, but he was trying to tell him. He's like, man, do not fuck around in these casinos. Once you on that black list, it's a rap. You're done, you know. And you don't have that much you could be made, you be whatever. You don't have that much influence of power here. You have none, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was still trying to help him out.
Speaker 2: Well, he never stopped trying to help him until he found out what happened with Ginger and Nikki. We can get to what do y'all think that was? Was this inevitable Ginger and Nikki sleeping together?
Speaker 3: Was it inevitable?
Speaker 5: They set it up earlier when they had the first fight and she was just kind of pecking on him and he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't. He didn't turn away her advances.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't.
Speaker 4: He ain't never had nothing like that. So his wife Sandstone is right, I don't remember what.
Speaker 3: His wife looked like she was.
Speaker 1: We didn't see her anymore. Did we killed her? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, But but you're watching him for the first time, Well, noah, I think you watched him like, oh, ship, something's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know so now they Yeah, they did foreshadow that.
Speaker 6: Did He had a little resistance right like when she was trying to she was drunk and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it was he didn't but he knew. He already knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could tell about looking at her. She got that good, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because even when because he was he was looking off to the side and ship like that, he was like, oh, I'm gonna hit this or something.
Speaker 3: He made the decision that day. He may not have happened, but he made the decision that day. Last I'm taking oh shit, she was taking her down with me. I'm a little nikki moucker.
Speaker 2: When when y'all think when Age found out was just when he finally realized what she had been telling him, like he can't control her.
Speaker 3: He still thought he could. Yeah, which is crazy, idiot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because oh yeah, yeah, because all of that happened. When she she asked for twenty five thousand dollars, he was like, what you need the money for it? She went never tell that she would have stolen. But it's still her money. No, that was his money. She's just the only one that had the key to it.
Speaker 3: No, damn money.
Speaker 1: You know, she did have money. She had jewels and ship. She had her own stash.
Speaker 3: I thought that was his jewel. I thought that was his. He a two million and the jewels.
Speaker 5: The two million was his kidnapping funds, but he also set some money aside from her.
Speaker 3: I could have swear he had jewels too.
Speaker 5: He probably had some too, but he did give her own set of jewels as well. That's hers and her own, because remember when she was leaving, she was like, where's my cut? You problems with my cut? You know, so where's that? But yeah, she had.
Speaker 1: Honestly, she probably should have killed that motherfucker in Yeah, definitely just been done with it.
Speaker 4: But he couldn't because who would he Who would he get to do it? Nikki No, Nicky wasn't gonna kill her.
Speaker 5: Nick No, Nikki Lester the first time she met up with less because remember he walked in on her and they were at the restaurant. They were like, yeah, this is my wife. You notice my wife or whatever, and let's looking around. He saw no way way out. He thought he was getting way clean too.
Speaker 4: We got all that money.
Speaker 1: He should have been, he should have been, he should have been put in the desert.
Speaker 3: Facts. Oh he said he should have killed Lester.
Speaker 1: Yes, I should have killed I don't know why he didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he beat the ship out of.
Speaker 5: Him and as soon as he saw her, damn acting like a child.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stop, it's not your girl, Brox.
Speaker 3: That's not your girl, that's his girl. Yeah, she's on loans.
Speaker 2: That's your cheek, all right. So we go to where Ginger breaks down. She's trashing the whole house. She kidnaps Amy, the police have to intervene. Martin Scorsese said that he encouraged emotional chaos, so Sharon Stone improvised many of these breakdowns.
Speaker 1: She's good, she was going fucking nuts.
Speaker 3: Are we blaming for enablingness?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah absolutely, m.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: He said you don't know, no, I said, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Like he should have killed Lester, but he was in a tough spot because she still was the only one that had the key to the money.
Speaker 3: He could have got that key. Yes, he should have fucking hnd her up one day and just like give me the fucking key. Stop playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True, but she was the only one that could open the safe though. Remember that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He could have got the key because if he had the key, because they were both on the on the box. I thought they were both on the box. She the only one had the key. No, but if he got the key, he could still open.
Speaker 5: The thought I thought he said that she was the only one that had assets. He did not have access to it at all. He couldn't get to it.
Speaker 3: I thought he just didn't have a key.
Speaker 5: M And I think he did that because I was like, why did he do that? But I think he did that just in case he was kidnapped. Him not being on it, they couldn't force him under the rest to open it, and she would be the only one that could do it, okay, But.
Speaker 3: They never explained that. That's that's why I was.
Speaker 5: I thought he would do that because I'm like, why would she be the only one that could open that box to get access to that money and not him in that box? All right?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: But yeah, he was definitely and an enabler, which is why she ran off again and just left him and took the damn kid.
Speaker 3: Bro. You taking the kid, bro?
Speaker 1: And he but all I say, like he didn't really care what the kid wanted. He wanted the kid back, bring it back, right, He wanted her more than the kid.
Speaker 3: Kid was a cave like bring the kid to bring all right. So now with Nikki's death.
Speaker 1: Real quick, man. I don't know how I've never seen this scene before. Maybe I did. I just forgot.
Speaker 5: But when she realized that Ace knew where she was at in the hotel room when she ran to the pay phone. Do y'all remember that kid fucking with Lester in the car.
Speaker 3: The daughter was poking at leh like that, bro.
Speaker 5: It's fucking hilarious because he didn't because remember he cussed out the kid.
Speaker 3: He didn't like the kid, shut your mop. The kid was just snapping at him.
Speaker 5: Go watch that scene when she's on the phone talking to as like can I come back or whatever whatever, And then that's when.
Speaker 1: He was like, bring the kid back whatever she is, he's in the wash and she is.
Speaker 3: Just kind of messing with it like that.
Speaker 1: S's fucking hilarious, bro, She was wearing him out. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Nicky and his brother are both beating the death. Buried alive and.
Speaker 1: Loved it, loved it.
Speaker 3: Why do you do his brother though?
Speaker 1: To make Nikki.
Speaker 3: Frankie, Frankie just got her jail to yeah, bull his brother was out here, bullshit, and that's what happened. Was what was he doing Frankie, Nikki?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nikki. Bro.
Speaker 5: They were like, bro, you don't you don't lost your damn bullshit beat his brother and then turned around and beat him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they buried that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, he's still breathing. Man, just let him go. That turned around.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 4: That guy was on Sopranos, right, yes, yeah, that it was funny. I was like, damn, they put you on yourll draws.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that blood, we got all that blood. But else it was weird. But Nikky deserved this story, right, he absolutely.
Speaker 4: Deserve He's gonna go out the worst way with everything he had been doing throughout the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely sleeping with Ginger.
Speaker 3: And deserved that. The strength of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the Ace was gonna get at him first, right, I don't think was gonna do ship.
Speaker 3: He made it seem like he was right.
Speaker 1: He was talking that I don't think Ace could have one, but I don't think.
Speaker 5: I think he was just like, all right is what it is because he suspected, but the pictures were proved. But he even in the narration, said that she ran to Nikki and then he was like, yeah, you gotta go end it. And then that's when they had to cut see him them in the hotel or whatever, and he would getting a new sponsor. And then when basically she went back to the basically snitched and said, yeah, that's why I'm with Nicki now.
Speaker 3: And he was like, what the fuck you tell him for that? And then he was like yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like, I've known him for thirty five years and you expect me to do him? First of all, you already did him dirty.
Speaker 5: Because she was like, you need to go kill him. She was like, I've known him for thirty five years, you spent on him, kill him because of your ass pitch the fuck you think I am.
Speaker 1: Then he was like, yeah, I really fucked up. I never should have got I never should have got with that broad.
Speaker 5: No fucking shit, bro, You Nicki was just as stupid as Ace because you knew what she was about.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 4: Yeah you've seen it firsthand from your man. Yeah, but you still say up for it. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: He may be stupid. He probably probably thought he was smarter than that. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: He thought he was smarter than Ace, and that's how they always get him. Ye, you feel the right to ride the same ride, buddy.
Speaker 3: She probably put it on him to know. She did man about about. She picked him up.
Speaker 10: Like this, she put him on top. You're a made man. You're a made man, made little boy.
Speaker 2: We get to the end, we see the explosions they showed us in the beginning. That survives it. It's ace lucky noise.
Speaker 3: He cursed.
Speaker 1: This was a bullship.
Speaker 3: It was we're gonna let it ride. You think it was. But the biggest explosion was yeah, looked, Yeah, that ship going everywhere. He just like like opens the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The bomb explosed pretty quickly. Yeah. Yeah, but it had the metal plate under the car, so it looked worse than it like. It didn't impact.
Speaker 5: Because because of the metal plate had to go around the Yeah, but the but the passengers side exploded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so half of the car exploded. It's under the driver. It's under the driver. That's what I think. That's what they said, and I think that's what the narration said. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we saw the car exploding and then he just you know, it's fine.
Speaker 3: The way that they tried to make it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he did have a burn on him.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: He came off that you're lucky, you're lucky pal. Yeah, but it was. It was a good reveal though, until you realize that dummy that looks so bad. Oh my, it looked so bad. Put him there, I guess to throw us off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why that was the slowest escape from a car bomb.
Speaker 3: I'm like, just open the fucking door, dude. Who did the car back home? Niki? It was Nikki. That's why they I thought they killed Nikki before. Yeah, I thought so too.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the mob boss. But if it was a mob boss, I always thought it was Nikki that did the bomb in his car.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a mob to.
Speaker 2: Why would the mob do it though, just to clean up the whole Nikky thing. I think that the associated just because you was out here letting him be on bullshit when you're supposed to be running. He never checked Nils.
Speaker 3: Never Nikky Okay, that makes more sense.
Speaker 2: And you didn't report back, like even if you can't check him and do anything directly, you didn't report back that.
Speaker 5: He was yep, because they could have got it on the troll and protected him. Okay from uh Nikki.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: We have reached the end. Any final thoughts on we see him? Of course in exile, like a small state scambaler. So he's still alive.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they still let him operate somewhere else. That's why I didn't think it was the mob. I feel you, but he was somewhere else though. Yeah, you can't be here, you can go.
Speaker 4: But they tried to kill him and he lived there like all right, we tried to kill you, but since you lived, you can go over to Texas.
Speaker 3: It had to.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so I'm confused. I thought I didn't think they let him. I thought he just left and ran into hotting.
Speaker 3: No, they let something. They let him.
Speaker 6: Jacobs m it was Niki. That's why the boss wanted him. Yeah, yeah, so the bosses still wanted him because he was an asset, like he.
Speaker 3: Thought.
Speaker 4: That's why they killed Nikki, because Nikki went, that's what that's what he said.
Speaker 5: It's I think it's the way it was told because we saw Nicky's murder first, and then we saw the car bombing.
Speaker 3: Which made it okay.
Speaker 1: So order because he was talking about Nicki when he got in a car. So yeah.
Speaker 2: Some little known facts about the movie The Niro Wars. He wore seventy hand tailored suits, seventy changes one of the most in film history.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: The Head and the Vice scene was originally cut for being too graphic, but Scorsese fought to keep it in. The movie uses over three hundred music cues, more than any other Scorsese film.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah, yeah, that's that's that's crazy. That's a lot of damn fucking suits.
Speaker 3: Yes, this movie is good.
Speaker 1: So what what? What?
Speaker 6: Which Scorsese films you think is better than this one? I think good Fellers is up there too.
Speaker 3: I like Goodfellas more because I like Raleiota. I don't know. I have to look at the.
Speaker 1: List and the head a life thing because they said that guy was a y'all.
Speaker 3: Talked about the Narrow's career. We did, but I'm talking about specifically scor SESSI I got Wolf on Wall Street is being better than this. I guess I could watch that again because I don't know. I don't know if that's better.
Speaker 5: I think I watched that for the first time this year. I ain't ever seen Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 4: A taxi driver, Raging Yeah, taxi driver to christ I think I like more Fells the Boxing movie, Raging Bulls, the Boxing movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love that movie.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: Don't ask me who they is.
Speaker 3: I know, I just trying to cut you off, get me held up? Departed? Is this better than the depart No, the part is better than this. Really, the party is crazy good.
Speaker 1: They said that car exposion explanation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds to just that that dummy ship. Yeah it sounds real damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Wolf is good though. The part is good.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if I put him over Casino though, mhm, or good Fellas, like good Fellas and Casino in my two top like Scorsese films.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 3: I know he didn't cut James probably had a hand. Yeah, it's not he didn't do that, is it really? I think I think he just had some sort of hand and he I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 3: He just had a hand, right, it's definitely gonna his Uh.
Speaker 5: This is an interesting movie because again it's when I saw it was three hours long, It's like, why would this movie come on?
Speaker 1: I watch you all the way through.
Speaker 5: It's because two hours in it becomes a love story, like it really kind of shifts over to that fact.
Speaker 1: About their relationship, and it just stretches the movie out. I'm like and you kind of yeah, So I'm like, man, why.
Speaker 3: The hell gle sprinkle in the gangster shit?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did this even need that? Which part I would have been? Probably would have liked this movie more and have higher ranked if the ginger shit wasn't. I didn't need any of it. It could have been more focused on him building up Vegas, losing control of Nikki, showing them Shenanigans, and then it happening at the end.
Speaker 5: But I guess they needed because Nikki was the one that really led to the to the collapse of Tagiers or Tangiers or whatever it was. It wasn't really her, you know, it was it was Nicki getting out of control.
Speaker 2: And she necessary didn't even necessarily have to be there for him and Nikki the beef. He could have just took what Nicki was doing more serious, and that had caused the beef.
Speaker 5: Because Nikki messing around with the girl was another layer to the my boss's question and what was happening in Vegas. But but oh, it's just one of those movies where if it's on TV, at least back in the day, if it's on TV or whatever, well I ever put it on a play nah. But back in the day when you have freedom of choice, Yeah, if it comes on, you're gonna let it rot.
Speaker 6: Remember I had I don't know if y'all remember this, but I had it playing in the background in one of our shoots. I remember that shit. It was at my crib and I had it playing because it's like, it's that long. So I was just like, I could just have this movie just playing in the background and Ship it won't even be off by the time we finished the shoot. It was when we had Folding Brother and I had Casino playing in the background. I forgot what review that was.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Review its old versus news to it once you've seen the ones.
Speaker 3: That's how I felt about it. Had Ship playing in the background. Yep, yeah, all right, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 2: At the Prase Perst Second Podcast, thirtieth anniversary review of Casino, we Are Out Peace sh