Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, where we are reviewing the new Netflix show starring Chasing.
Speaker 1: Bateman created by Zach Balin.
Speaker 2: Black Rabbit. It's limited series. Limited series. Yeah, so this may be one and it is one of the yeah, because the ain't no more. Jason Batman character right stars Julee Law. Juice Law also has original music in this if so he did some of the songs in here.
Speaker 1: So it's eight episodes. Jue Law plays the main character. Him and Jason Bateman's are brothers that are restaurant founders. I'll go around the room and see what you guys thought about the series. Michael, what did you think about Black Rabbit? I thought it was cool. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 3: I think this was definitely driven by the performances. It did not need to be eight episodes. I think it could have been five and it would have been a lot better. But nah, man, this was this was really good. There's certain things that we'll get to I'm sure did not need to be in there. I did not give one twenty thousandth of a fuck about this love story between Jude Law and the super Fine Girl. I didn't care one fucking bit, and I thought it distracted from the story.
Speaker 1: Actually, But for the most part, this was good. Nice, Rob, would you think of it? Yeah, I'm with Mike. I thought it was good. It felt like it had Ozark vibes to it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was oh, okay, okay, even from like the opening scene, like the opening title sequence, how they show what's gonna happen in the episode. Y'all have remember how Ozark used to be like that they did? Yeah, yeah, they did that here, so it had Ozark by I do think it was driven by the by the performances more so than the story, cause if you take the performances out of the stories like eh, but.
Speaker 1: But no, Yeah, I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: I thought I was enjoy it a little bit more than I did, like I thought I was gonna be this is something I was gonna put like top five, top ten, and I'm not even quite sure if it's gonna make that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was solid. Yeah, Ken, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: The description I had when I started watching this Friday after the first couple episodes is that it's good, but it's boring interesting. Yeah, because it was just like because the story is not I mean, it's not a crazy story. It's a very simple, generic story. I think to everybody's a point about the performances. The performances were driving it, but I adn't really connected to most of the characters or anything like that. I'm like, Okay, we're gonna drag this whole idea of him having the old money to somebody for eight episodes. It was concerning. So that's where I'm with Mike in regards to they could have chopped out some of these episodes to make it a little bit more compact. But you know, I thought that it definitely ended well. But yeah, yeah it was. It felt like it was a lot of just feeling it was a story for story sake.
Speaker 1: Come on, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in agree with y'all. I thought it was good, not great. It was very very, very much so led by the performances of Chasing Bateman and July. I think even did a great job. Even I like the athlete got or the black investor.
Speaker 1: Wes Williams. Yeah, I like you. I didn't like it. No, he didn't. That really is he? Is he anything else familiar with him? Maybe he's a UFC fighter too. Just give him the watch. I was, you know, I was sad that he got shot.
Speaker 3: I saw his outfit. He was wearing a suit with short I was like, Bro, showed the whole outfit. They show the whole outf I was like, Bro, you deserved that shot.
Speaker 1: They do. From Gangs of London kids, I don't. Did you watch Guys Lunch? No think I did.
Speaker 2: I don't even watch Okay. I think that's why I know him from Gangs of London did a better way, way better. He's a good actor. I'll say that. Y'all watching me in Games in London, I have a different opinion, I think. But the first episode, we'll go just read what stuff was about. Y'all tell me what y'all want to jump out. The Cyclone was the first episode. It's where were introduced to Jake, who runs an upscale restaurant called The Black Rabbit. Looming fig food visit from a critic heightens the pressure. Meanwhile, Jake's his strange brother Vents returned. I thought they took too long to bring Jason Bateman into this.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. He didn't come into halfway through the first episode. I thought The Black Rabbit was a sex toy, So I was more disappointed. I think it is. I think it probably heard jack any either way, I thought he came in pretty it was halfway. It was half like thirty minutes in. I don't think it was. I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: I thought that was Actually I don't think he heard it though. Yeah, because Jul did do a good job. Excellent he was. He was excellent in this. What about that first episode stuck out to you guys.
Speaker 1: Him running over that damn person.
Speaker 2: You can see he was a up automatically like off rip.
Speaker 1: I thought that was survival.
Speaker 3: No, he fucked up by letting him in his car like that to sell them baseball cards.
Speaker 1: He deserved to get job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was survival, but it's just like, bro, you can't even like you just ran over a person twice.
Speaker 1: And you didn't even get your coins back got away? He is a funk up. You're in a car? How you how do you get out run by a dude?
Speaker 2: I think that was good. I like seeing Jason Babman play a up me too. I've never seen him like play a role like this. He did a really good job.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: But see, while he was a fuck up he knew how to get he knew how to get money, he knew how to how to make stuff happen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely did not missed that.
Speaker 3: He didn't miss He fucked up every single day, you know what you mean.
Speaker 2: But he knew how to. He knew how to get stuff to a certain place. But then he'll fuck up. But they was scheme though, whether it was James or not, I thinks that we didn't.
Speaker 1: I think you're putting your positive spin on a fuck up. I thought he knew how to.
Speaker 2: What you're saying is that they even described it. Even Jason said it. I'm the vision guy, you're the brinder.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, right, So he had vision, he knew how to, he knew how to make stuff happen.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. He did when the whole restaurant was his idea, but he didn't make it happen.
Speaker 3: They didn't make it happen, but he But it's like it's like he was good at directing and telling people how to make something happen, and then sometimes he could make stuff happen on his own.
Speaker 1: Bro, anybody could do that. He was a visionary.
Speaker 3: I think you would be great directed movie directing videos on YouTube Okay, that does not mean I'm a visionary.
Speaker 1: That just means I can no, bro, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't even bring this home because you know why, because I don't do a ship like this. Even I think they even said it. I think even even Jake said it. He said, man, two thousand people have ideas over the restaurant. Facts, fact facts, right, But he had the vision behind like, well, I think this building would be the spot.
Speaker 1: I think this area. I'm just saying that's interesting. Anybody can see a nice building. But man, no, I don't think everybody visionaries like that. He's not there. But yes, he can literally people's lives.
Speaker 3: Yes, because he was a fuck up, and I'm not I'm not denying that he's a fun up.
Speaker 1: But I think two things can be true. I think two things can be true.
Speaker 2: I think he was a visionary, but but he just didn't know how to hold on to ship, Like like the fact that he knew that he can get get money a certain way. He knew how to see it and go get it, but he would lose it. And I think they did a good job up right.
Speaker 3: I said, I said, anybody can say, you know what, I can steal some coins and make some money by selling it. Anybody can say I can go to a casino and gamble and make money. You know how to though, who doesn't know how to go to a casino and gamble?
Speaker 1: It's like, but he that's.
Speaker 3: Point, that's why he's out a visionary. He's a normalized dude. That's a these one step above a crackhead.
Speaker 1: He has seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Lost all of it. That's not a visionary. Yeah, he had vision, He had vision. He was a fucked though. He was a fuck up. But I think that was the beauty of the writing of him though. I think he showed that he knew how to get ship done.
Speaker 2: Like even with the house, right, he burned down the house, and I know he's skipping around, but he got they got the money.
Speaker 1: Though, that is a visionary to you. He did. But but but but they were gonna break it.
Speaker 3: But they were gonna break even, they wouldn't have got any money. He was like, well, this is how we get the money. Plus, we didn't even like our father.
Speaker 2: So he started looking at it from perspective of liking his like of well, we burning down our father's house, We're not burning down our mother's house. So that put him in the mindset, we could just burn this ship down. Let's just take the things that we like, the things that we cherished, and were burning ship down.
Speaker 1: A politician, let me ask you, I'm trying to tell you this is what Trump is.
Speaker 2: The origin that is him shooting his dad. What did you think about that? What about the shooting?
Speaker 1: He was doing that to protect his bomb. He was doing that protecting because he was a visionary spike.
Speaker 2: But he was essentially ruined his life though, right, he didn't because he didn't tell his brother. And this whole time he think he keeping it a secret from his brother's brother.
Speaker 1: He thought he was protecting his brother.
Speaker 2: Well, he was told not to tell tell his brother, and he did think he was protective brothertecting his life. That that's when his life starts spiral. But man COTTI or whatever said, he's gonna have to own this.
Speaker 1: You didn't live with it, That's what you know. That guy's definitely in real life. Huh. The actor, the actor, it was language.
Speaker 3: He's a oh wow, I thought that was I thought he was a dope gamester. First it's weird, but then they started getting kind of he can't.
Speaker 1: No, he can't. He can't talk like that funked up fight.
Speaker 3: One of these model diet that you can't intimidate me with an interpreter, like somebody.
Speaker 1: Somebody got to talk. He's about to be jo that. I gotta hear him saying.
Speaker 3: It wasn't know like that, it was I went you at first.
Speaker 1: But what did he say when he slapped him?
Speaker 3: He said, did you feel that that was funny? He's a good actor for I don't want to say for a deaf guy, but no, I never I didn't realize he was.
Speaker 1: Really proper represent a proper representation that dope. They didn't walking dead.
Speaker 2: I thought it was more the representation after they better tone it down for the right foind up, right, I.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, highed, Yeah, he was good.
Speaker 2: He was somewhat intimidating though as it went on.
Speaker 1: Brolept a shot that moment. Oh no, and then little coon couldn't do it for me neither God acts off. They were They were good you mean awful as no? No? Yeah, yeah, man, the son, they were idiots good. I don't know who he was annoying.
Speaker 2: To, but that was his purpose, yea, I know, I just wanted to fight him because he just yes, anything stick out from my first episode, favorite scenes, anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was a good kickoff because I remember immediately being like, let me just roll into the second one.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the second second one, it's called The Black Rabbits, Jake considers expansion financial strange against to show Vince confronts debts and past mistakes. Jake dreams of a second restaurant at the Pool on which he's trying to open with the Black It was kind of giving me the baar vibes, like they tried to steal a little bit of that from that.
Speaker 1: Did y'all get that? Yeah? I got, which wasn't it's good? But yeah, no, I mean I think we know the bear.
Speaker 2: I saw people saying that, but I think that's why the association the cooking and.
Speaker 1: They weren't really cooking ship.
Speaker 2: Did y'all think it was a good idea for him to open a second restaurant and like expand Yeah, would have been expansion or would have been like at the expense trying to make its trying to spand I didn't know exactly what he was doing. I thought he was trying to get his own ship. But I think he was trying to franchise, is what they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it franchised, because why would he the other one was his own ship. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when it made sense for him to fuck up the restaurant that's actually performing well to go do this other one, that's true.
Speaker 2: You said you didn't like the love store between him and the designer, know what was wrong with it?
Speaker 3: It didn't go anywhere, and I didn't give a fuck, and it didn't really make any fucking sense.
Speaker 2: Showed that the brother was not who he thought he were, Like, we're supposed to be this like stand up guy, everybody loves you, but you fucking your investor friend.
Speaker 1: But see, that is such a cheap way to show that.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think we needed him fucking his best his best friend's girl for.
Speaker 1: This story to work.
Speaker 3: The story worked on his own because he was addicted to making his brother happy or keeping his brother safe.
Speaker 1: That's the main story. Why are you adding in.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's also fucking this incredibly fine woman, And I was just like, bro, there's no way she's leaving the other dude, the bad actor guy for you with that hairline.
Speaker 2: She's in She's in the I think it's a new movie on Netflix, Cobbo.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch it. Is it rated? R?
Speaker 2: She was like, she was like a mix between like like Zoey Kravitz saying like, uh, what's the one who plays uh from the Star Wars?
Speaker 1: She plays a from Star Wars? Yeah, the Fifth System.
Speaker 2: Boy, you bet not tell me Dawson, Zario Dawson and Zoey. She's like a mix between them. To me, interests either way, I'm with Mike though. That shit was stupid. The story, it was like, it was so it was so unnecessary. I didn't hate it. They didn't need it for him to be getting shot to have any type of impact in them crying at the end.
Speaker 1: Together, because it didn't make sense that he died.
Speaker 3: We haven't gotten there yet, but it didn't even make sense that the guy died, but just him fucking around with the girl.
Speaker 1: They would have been fine if you just like.
Speaker 3: If he tried to just like move on her and then she kissed him and then was like, no, we're not doing this, what's wrong with you? And then that was the whole betrayal story. But her leaving him and going to do lost characters like, wait, where did this.
Speaker 1: Even come from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, game out of nowhere, like show me them unhappy first. Yes, they really liked each other.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that. It's about the black the bad after guy and West Williams.
Speaker 2: The only time we really saw that is when he found out that she was going to help with the pool and he was like, no, you're not going to do that, and then allow her to make her own choice. That was the only time we saw friction, right, And the other time we saw Jula looking at photos on the heart on the computer, making it look like he was a creep.
Speaker 1: I had no idea that she was even interested in him at all. She was more interested in him being supportive of her. I mean, that's fun.
Speaker 3: But showed me the other dude being extremely He did, though, but there was only once he was.
Speaker 1: Because he did. We y'all a right.
Speaker 2: They didn't show it enough, but he did, like he was really diminishing towards what she liked to do, and he mentioned other stuff. He was like, you said he was gonna rich he did this? She said he was, and it was like kind of putting all her stuff off. So I think that was giving us a past of it. But I didn't mind it as much.
Speaker 1: Even he said he was.
Speaker 2: Like out of everybody in fucking New York him, Yeah, like out of any Yeah, like out of everybody?
Speaker 1: Why him? Like, but you know, you bring up that scene.
Speaker 3: That was the only time I thought he was a good actor, because that is exactly what I would ask if that, because that's.
Speaker 1: What dudes want to know, like did you fuck him? Where? Did you fuck him? How many times?
Speaker 3: And then her being like why are you asking me that? That made sense, but then her just being like I'm leaving right now. Wait wait wait wait wait, yeah, what.
Speaker 1: They did rush through that?
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent did did y'all like how he told the story of the robbery, like how he showed it was good dude, and then you had to figure out.
Speaker 1: What happened to keep going back.
Speaker 2: It was good that you had in your notes, Like what was your favorite episode that was part that was I was going to say that was episode six Out a fucking boy.
Speaker 1: That's when they went through everybody's uh.
Speaker 2: They showed Vince, they showed his brother, they showed different from different perspectives, and I thought that episode tied it.
Speaker 1: Episode damn what, Oh you're homophobic? Tone show? Yeah, are you're homophoby too? Like? Hold on? Who? I liked him? I just think he just turned on the boy.
Speaker 3: But I think he had a goods He should have been snooping around.
Speaker 2: He wasn't they invited him up there, Yeah, but he was already But but Jake invited him up.
Speaker 3: There in five minutes but at a fucking boy, So he was already up to some I'm trying to remember what it was.
Speaker 1: Though he was good, he was Yeah, I take that back.
Speaker 2: He had a good reason to turn on Jake because they thought Jake was He didn't know the real reason why Anna died.
Speaker 1: But he was the most street smart out of all them people. I agree with you. I'm more shocked that you just like he didn't have a good enough reason.
Speaker 3: The girl got raped and killed. That's about as good of a reason you to possibly have.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't his.
Speaker 3: It was it was Jake.
Speaker 1: Jake didn't want to turn the other dude in My thing?
Speaker 3: Is this like if you had that same indergy for Roxy because Roxy just kept her head down.
Speaker 1: That's not true. When Roxy found out she wouldn't she keep her head down?
Speaker 3: Initially, but then she started she feeling guilty. She started feeling guilty about it, so she went to Jake. She did and said he lied to her. That's the only reason that Rochie stuck with him because didn't remember like she turned on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she lied to who lies Jake because Jake. I thought Jake said something. Fuck, I don't remember. I thought Roxy felt bad, so she started trying to start trying to do I think Rosy started doing that ship when she got mad at Jake. Yes, I think it was both.
Speaker 2: I think she I think she got mad at Jake because I think she not wrong for me, but she didn't know what the fuck was going on.
Speaker 1: Jake wasn't trying.
Speaker 2: Jake was trying to get rid of the Jewels guy, but she didn't realize he was trying to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: She thought she was. He was just trying to still keep her, keep him around. No, did Roxy get mad at Jake because of the brother. She got mad at the brother came back.
Speaker 3: And then she really was over the top when when she told him to get rid of the brother, the brother came back.
Speaker 1: And Jewles was at the party. Yes, so she had every.
Speaker 2: Reason to turn on but she didn't have context though, what do you mean? Because he was trying to get Jewels out. He's like, look, don't let any of the women around.
Speaker 1: Jewels. He was just like, get him out of here. Who invited him?
Speaker 3: But he saw him there and he didn't. He didn't say, hey, you need to leave right now. I am one hundred percent with Roxy. See, this is why I would not go and write you a fucking letter, because you got all these excuses.
Speaker 1: It's not excuses.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: We saw him.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, that's why the writing was so good. We saw him trying trying to not deal with Jewels anymore once he found out.
Speaker 1: I feel you.
Speaker 2: Up to this point one Jewles was not invited yet Jeweles was there. And he never kicked Jewels out exactly.
Speaker 1: Because he couldn't. Because he didn't kick him out, he said, make sure none of the girls get around.
Speaker 3: That's not good enough. You're putting people's lives at risk. You should have walked over there and said, Jules.
Speaker 1: You have to leave, something like that.
Speaker 2: He just was there, he got there, something like that, but he didn't want to. He didn't tell me because he wanted that money.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You know what I'm saying, Like the dude was the investor or whatever. Maybe the hooked him up.
Speaker 2: What did y'all think about when we're gonna skip around here when Roxy confronted him about going out talking on the phone after the robbery, when I took So here's the thing, everybody this show I damn hated. Yeah, I agree with you that they did a good job. What it was, no like not villain in this stuff. Everybody was villain?
Speaker 1: How was Roxy and Tony villain?
Speaker 2: How was Tony was probably the only one that made whose character made the most sense in terms.
Speaker 1: Of his turn. But ROXI she went behind the back trying to get them out of good brought rape enabler. I brought you in from the street, and and then you started rapist, you know, because I know, I want to know. I built this restaurant, I built this ship. Break by break, the white woman got in her head. She was just like, you know what, you can own the whole.
Speaker 2: I do agree the rape enabler part, and I think Jake should have been a little bit more clear on what to her what he was gonna do about jewels. The issue I had with Rotzi was what she was saying about vents, that was it. You don't tell me what to do with my fucking brother.
Speaker 3: Yes, I too, when I when I am the only reason your restaurant is surviving, not the only, yes, the only, the only.
Speaker 1: It was your brother. I can another ship, not like that's why he's a bartender.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: She was talented, she was the restaurant with her body, but it's other chefs out there New York.
Speaker 2: Come on man, And then with Vince Walter, what the are you still doing here?
Speaker 1: Who the fuck are you? I run this? You need to run your ass started. Yeah, she was a co owner. No, Tripp, you can't.
Speaker 2: Don't have to buy you out. You wouldn't even have this job. If you went for me, you are you would have this restaurant.
Speaker 1: It wasn't for me. Tried to do a corporate behind his backyard. Yo, you know what? It was snitching, That's what I've been saying.
Speaker 2: Well when when when West was not going to go along with her, Wessell like, now he's my best friend, she was like, well your best.
Speaker 1: Friend doing She wasn't wrong, It don't matter if that's not her business.
Speaker 2: She used that situation to further her she had what she had in the gym, it's not but that makes her.
Speaker 1: That makes her a bitch or a terrible person. How well, I don't like it makes me dislike her. You call her I didn't mean to see people's I.
Speaker 2: See people will refer to her as but I don't know exactly, so I'm not gonna say it. I just said she's as some of them at the end, talk about who I'm on the phone with you goddamn.
Speaker 1: Face right now? Yeah, but now she looked go ahead after the murder, she did that, and y'all really yelling at her because he's like, you're there about who on the phone?
Speaker 3: Because she didn't trust him at that point because he lied about the tape. He lied about everything. And then these people get shot. Of course you get like, wait, wait, wait, wait wait, you're a part of this, who are on the phone with? I don't like roxy. I don't like how they let him out of that though, Like I don't think they wrote that will in this.
Speaker 1: They just make him who was on the goddamn phone? Like I feel like they should have wrote that, like jammed him up.
Speaker 2: My thing is, first of all, he's a jake, is a terrible life. But my thing is, like, I just we were just rob.
Speaker 1: Somebody just got shot. I'm on the phone with my ex wife, and why are you talking to me right now? She doesn't try. But he disappeared too. Not only was you on the you disappeared like what was you can't ask me? That's my thing. That's how if I trust you, he should have. He should have in a moment asking me, you're right? Get the crazy? No, she was, I hat the only validation she had to me was about the rape. Ship. He didn't really do ship about that, That's what I was saying, because because no, because with you of missed. Anna told her not to. I remember that, So then why would she do what was her for to do? Well? And did? She didn't? Okay? She said, I want to leave this alone and walk away from it. That's what she told her. And that is a rape victims right.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought she was telling Ana, well, you saw it going on. She's like, why are you acting like you didn't know what.
Speaker 1: Was going on? She said she didn't. She said she kept her head down guilt after Anna told her that she was raped.
Speaker 3: She said she kept her head down and let it go. I don't think she knew she was raped, but she knew some some weird ship was going on.
Speaker 1: She did, I don't think she said she did. She felt guilty.
Speaker 3: She said she felt guilty because she knew after Anna told her she still didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: You're talking about with the skirt up the shirt thing that she was I thought she didn't know about that, and she asked Jake, and Jake lied about it. Yeah. I don't think Roxy knew about any of that ship that was going on. Girl, Roxy for nothing. I probably like Roxy, Wow, Like Roxy was the only one in this whole show. Not the only one. That's not true, but Roxy, I was just like, I get what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I got the hip you everybody you like somebody like cooperating with the with the police.
Speaker 1: Try it.
Speaker 3: Was to get it was to get him out of there. It was to get him out of there. And I don't care if a white man gets shot, if it was a brother.
Speaker 1: I have a different story. Typically white man, but typically comes white people. Two black and brown people got shot.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: When they shot my boy Tony, I literally said out loud, oh my god, not my boy Tony.
Speaker 1: I fucked with Tony. I did not like Tony, you're homophobic. It's not about anybody listening. I am joking. Rod's not homophobic. Please don't off of that music.
Speaker 2: Bro. He was ship Tony, he was. I thought he was gone, Bro, I thought I knew he wasn't gone. And they didn't say they could have killed.
Speaker 1: Both of them.
Speaker 3: They couldn't kill him both of them before that, because remember like after he got shot, he was laying on the ground, not moving and with his mouth all open and there was a puddle of blood.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, they have killed my boy. To Roxy still in the kitchen working. No, she was. She was holding his neck, see y'all out. She went back into kids. Ain't right shot. She killed that scene right there because she was like, she was really just like, I don't know what else to do? Who you found?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Right mind? It was her business, Wes Jake and Estelle wasn't her business. No. What was her business was the restaurant. And she was trying to make all that ship her business. So she went and told On was trying to bring her in on the other business and everything.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to like Man, you know, he liked what she could do for him. Okay, so that no, it's not this hashtag.
Speaker 1: Roxy was right. They made it.
Speaker 2: That was that was the spending was right. It was true they spent this. I ain't like that man, she got her own restaurant.
Speaker 1: Nitch loved it especially.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast where pressing play today taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you would like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg Tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community, and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 2: Did y'all think when they threatened Jake it was either him events. Did y'all think he was gonna take up events?
Speaker 1: Yes, his brother. I get to a point though, where you like, no, brother, I don't know you would ride for your brother over your wife and child. That's what I'm saying. That's what Yeah. Oh, especially brothers up. Yeah, that that is. That is tough he was. He was in a tough spot.
Speaker 2: I think he made the right call, especially protect cham because Chen was the thing that was important to Vince.
Speaker 1: She was she got my nerves to I didn't like, I'm not gonna but that's the motherfucker. I could not stand like, what the fuck are you doing? Get in the fucking car. I'm not gonna run you stupid, gonna have apologize. I'm sorry. No, it's too late.
Speaker 2: Everything everything she did though, if she if she would have gotten in the car, none of that ship would have I mean, they needed it to happen to make but still.
Speaker 1: She was just fucking stupid. That's what That's what show. The shows like this need stupid people. Doing stupid, and they had a lot of it.
Speaker 2: They did defence's mental breakdown by the time he was like going through everything that did that makes sense which breakdown the one closes in episode seven when he was just like in the ship with it.
Speaker 1: I can't remember antal breakdown. Yeah, well they didn't specifically say it.
Speaker 2: With everything that was going on and you see him overly stretched out trying to juggle all these things. That mental breakdown in the sense of I'm basically holding on by.
Speaker 1: A string here. I don't remember that either.
Speaker 3: We can move past it, because it seemed like he was always thinking, all right, what can I do next?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a crackhead. Did y'all.
Speaker 2: Did y'all agree with his brother when he thought he could fix everything save Jake. Yes, Jake was just trying, man, He was at his witsand but he was just trying. I don't agree with him, but what else could he He didn't want to give his family up, He didn't want to give his brother up.
Speaker 1: He was just trying.
Speaker 2: The thing about this show is that Jake was the bigg as of an up as his brother. Yes, that's the thing I wanted to get to.
Speaker 1: I said it. I said as much when I finished these two. Yeah, they then in their own way, in their own way. I think Vince was worse as much got you, yeah, as much got me. I don't think. I don't think Vince was.
Speaker 3: I mean, was nearly as much of an up as Vince, because Jake was at least able to hold everything together until Vince came and sucked everything.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: You know what, I take it back, y'all might be right because I forgot he stole.
Speaker 4: Behind.
Speaker 1: I take it back. The loans, I take it back.
Speaker 2: They were out of they he completely he as a matter of fact, he derailed the wrest and that's and that's what it was, saying, like you got all this fucking like He's like, I don't own this ship.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm really it looks better than yeah, actually was he clues right game.
Speaker 2: Suit and then he just dressed like a rocker because remember because Vince was like, yo, man, I got all your money, I can kiss my ass.
Speaker 1: And then Jake was like, nah, that's gone. I have to put it back in the bank account. That is true. And then that's thing.
Speaker 2: You know, they're scrambling and now they got to do what twenty thousand a week because.
Speaker 1: They never really said what he was doing with his money, like how did you get behind?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 1: They never sure what he was doing. He just taking it. But if he was taking it, why didn't he have a better lifestyle? But if you're taking it, what are you spending it on?
Speaker 2: That's true that it wasn't no big flash houses or cars anding like yeah, because the car.
Speaker 3: Was said the car was falling cars? Oh yeah, and I looked because of the old jaz because he said he said, your cars screaming like a cat.
Speaker 1: That most funny. Yeah, I take it back, y'all are right? What did you guys think about it? Come around about roxy to the what about the scene after they get the jewelry he goes trying to cash it in? This is good? This was this is really good? What this was?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Boy? Was this that was episode? Was this after that one? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Because he had got the stuff by this time, in fact, and he left. Did y'all go ahead into that? What's the question the scene that where they took the jewelry? That did you suspect the dude to set them up?
Speaker 1: I know what a point? Know what the point that? Yeah, baby was so good in this. What the are you looking at it twice for?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What you right? What are we doing? So we wanted all this information when we're gonna said the.
Speaker 2: Man, Jason Baby was man. But did y'all expect him to get out of that? That's what I'm saying. They were good about that. They were good at making the thing like how the hell he's gonna get out of this? And he'll find a way out, Like he shouldn't have got out of this, you know.
Speaker 1: Like making it making it escape that easy somebody like that's crazy. Yeah, he should have even got it easy.
Speaker 2: First of all, it was stupid to even go to the duror that he set up like that made no sense because of course that's where uh Mancatty or whatever his name was going to love. But that's what that's the only way he can get the money. Though he had to know anybody else you got at the time, he didn't have the time to do that.
Speaker 1: He sure didn't. Yeah, he wasn't to lose. Lose.
Speaker 2: I don't think the thought dude was gonna set him up because he wouldn't have got That's why you think that.
Speaker 1: That's what he was trying, because he knew that at some point somebody could come for that. That's what I got you.
Speaker 2: But that guy has ties to them, right, I'm thinking that he thought the money was gonna overwhelm overwhelming. You have, dude, be like, well, I just take his money. I ain't gotta say nothing, but like, you're right, he do got tied to the family, so they would have known. They only, like you said, it was only one of two places you could take it, all right, guys, some other guy.
Speaker 1: You don't know this is true. Yeah, we didn't have a lot of options, like the jewelry ponds. I thought that was really stupid because I don't understand why he had to go to that guy either, because because it was I thought he found it. He didn't have much time. I didn't realize he stole. I know that changes everything that sounds, but what else would you have done with What would you get on the train go to a different He was leaving town anyway, but he needed the money before he left him. Yeah, he needed the money. Why the trains are cheap.
Speaker 3: And he didn't need it for anything one of the necklaces or something to a pawn shop. This is why he ain't no fucking visionary. Take one of the necklaces to the pawn tree, get enough money to get out of town, and then everything.
Speaker 1: Was cloyah everything the middle of the night. No because I thought he went and no it wasn't because he went to that Asian shop and got a fucking phone. Well he could have got money for them. Argument.
Speaker 3: Nah, fuck that, stop arguing. Hey, bro, here's a necklace. I'm gonna give you a necklace. Here's a you know you give me a phone and give me fifty dollars. I'm leaving town and then I'm gonna sell the ship when.
Speaker 1: I get to Jersey. I'm not selling it to the same guy that knows the deaf dude. But it's for sure money.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get for sure money because it's all nice jewelry. Just sell one of the things to get out of town. Take a l well literally take the l unto take an l trade to the next town, get out, and then sell it somewhere there. I was like, why are you going to the dude that was part of the original scam, you stupid fuck.
Speaker 1: I did not think that where he was going until he went. I think that was the only way that they would put him in the position of where he would be in danger. That's the only way to ride, yeah, to get him call.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't like how convenient it was that his brother was riding by and just so happened to be able to pick him up.
Speaker 1: And then they go to chase where he was.
Speaker 2: Didn't he No, I don't think it was he headed to him or was he headed to the juristo You'm talk about episode eight now when his brother found him?
Speaker 1: How did I thought that was real? Like, did he know? You get? Okay? What whatever? The brother went and found him after he said he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he knew where to go find Yeah, okay, yeah, got you right? What did you guys think about the ending?
Speaker 1: What I mean? Whatever else? You want to kidding? You know, my reviews ain't three hours. But because you're you're born, that's why not even engaged.
Speaker 4: I was trying to Rob, was trying to look at his trying to get his notes, because I did like trying to help you out. I did like some of your questions go ahead, shoot, well, well you're going through the episodes now, so it kind of.
Speaker 1: Episode we just haven't we derailed that. So we were talking about characters. Did y'all have a favorite character? No, a favorite character. Mine was the black dude.
Speaker 2: Really liked.
Speaker 1: Boy the whole time. I was like, if you don't get out here with this fake accent. I liked he was loyal. It wasn't believable. It was that you're some like big time actor, a rapper, whether is supposed to be. They didn't say what he was. He was.
Speaker 2: He made music and then he transitioned into other things. But your best friend slept with your girl, and you go to the party and say, I just want the best, for.
Speaker 1: The best, for a step and it just happened.
Speaker 2: Rich They were together for they were together since the beginning. How many years, like fifteen years or whatever they've been running that place.
Speaker 1: That made zero sense, zero sense.
Speaker 3: God, I feel you good, Writtence, but I'm not going to go to you as my friend and be like, yeah, man, I just want her to be happy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna come to your little party. Oh somebody got a gun to your head, Hey man, No, I'm gonna risk my life for you. That makes sense. That trying to yeah, trying to stop the robbery brous He told you take one more step. I'm gonna shoot you. Clearly, Jake, can hear you from where you are? Why do you need to get closer? Stay your ass over? There made no sense which one shot him? The junior shot him. Do y'all think that he thought that that was Vince? That who thought? Who was vinced? Wes?
Speaker 2: Do you think I have no idea? You don't think nobody knew? The only one person that was vinced was Jake. And that's because that damn glove didn't fit.
Speaker 1: It's because he was trying to take the watch.
Speaker 2: No. Remember, we looked at him so fucked up. He looked at his glove and all he saw was the pinky still out.
Speaker 1: Because he was he was like, and then he looked, that's that's hilarious. He should take the pinky. He did get his pink crazy, I want expecting that for his pinky. That was crazy. I thought, Yeah, that was I thought.
Speaker 2: And then how real they made? He was like, oh, you're hitting bone. I thought Vince was pretending to go along with the robbery to protect his brother. I didn't know he was really doing the robbery. I think it was a love bit of both.
Speaker 1: I do too. I thought it was a little bit of both. I think it was he was robbing them. Yeah, no, yes, no, bro, he took off.
Speaker 2: How do you protect them to what he took off with the jewel rod. That's when I was like, oh, he was doing this for real, for real? Absolutely wait wait he trying to give him money from it though, when he trying to give him money from it or trying to pay off the debt or something like that, he took the money to.
Speaker 1: He took the jury. He said, that's how he was gonna fix it. Yeah, that's how he was gonna get then, because he did end up fixing it, right, yeah he was, but they still needed that. Yes. Oh he said he only did it because he got called the train. Come on, y'all know he wants he didn't want his brother to be be like harm. That's why he killed Junior exactly. He wasn't. He didn't plan to kill Junior. I don't know. Anyway. This was my favorite character, Figures. Figures. He was complex. I liked him complex. He was in what way? He was the most simple motherfucker on this He was not? Oh my god, he was not. He was the most complex character on this show. What are y'all?
Speaker 3: He was a faking standard crackheadad. He was a crack acutely wanted to crack crack head logic. Man, I thing the thing about him he was he was charming. The people liked him. He's he was right.
Speaker 1: He didn't. He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't like the fact that that that women were getting raped in in in the in the not saying that that makes it person because no one should think that.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: That he had.
Speaker 3: But but nah, man, he cared about his brother. He always wanted to protect him, Like, yeah, now I will I wait for the complexity because he was a fun up.
Speaker 2: At the same time, he's a fun up, but I feel like he was a visionary, you know, how to get shipped done and he was willing to put his life on the line for it.
Speaker 1: Why did because she tripped and fell in bangor head? Yes? Yeah what context did thatd know? How did it happens? Told them because he's a idiot, he was. His life was on the line. He had him make gunpoint. He didn't have to tell them that part he accident.
Speaker 2: He felt bad about it. He felt bad about it, don't get me wrong. Something But they had his back against the wall.
Speaker 1: He could have easily said I don't know her name. They wouldn't take it. There was no reason for him to slip.
Speaker 3: Up and say, Anna, no brother's restaurant. He could have been like, bro, I just came in town. I don't know her name.
Speaker 1: That's what he was trying to do.
Speaker 2: But they kept forcing them, and because of that, that's how they ended up walking on the side of the highway neckd and that's how the robbery happened. Because Jake had to get them out of that situation.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't go to kill her.
Speaker 3: They went too scared. She ended up dying by this by accident. I know, they should not even know who the.
Speaker 1: Fuck she was.
Speaker 2: And they were witnesses, which is why they once they got the money, they had to also kill them too.
Speaker 1: I'll get you, I'll get you.
Speaker 2: But it all was because events stupid ass it was.
Speaker 3: It really was he kept them off off their asses, when when that was the reason, by giving by giving up where she is, that kept that kept them off They assid No, it made it worse.
Speaker 1: It made it worse because she died.
Speaker 3: So you really don't think they were gonna kill her at some point they were. They were surprisedly died. I think they were just trying to scare her. They were surprised she died because she fell and banged her head. Ye yeah, yeah, they didn't ain't going there with the intention of killing her.
Speaker 1: They were going to hurt her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were wanting to. Yeah, and who knows what else they want to do.
Speaker 1: They're gonna rape her again. Yeah. Who was your favorite character? I didn't have one, Tony Roxy. That's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Y'all are are homophobes and misogynists, racist, a whole bunch of other any other supporting characters that stood out to you?
Speaker 1: Tony?
Speaker 3: I ride with Tony bro Tony was tight. I had no problem when he came back to the end. I was like, thank god, I really want them to kill my boy Tony.
Speaker 1: What was there not to like? Because he was a snitch too. See this is that. This is that dumb rap ship that y'all got wrapped up in. This is the don't wrap. So he's a snitch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tony had legit reasons for doing he was doing it was It was definitely because of Anna.
Speaker 1: There are two reasons why Tony wasn't that bad. But rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but because Tony was like, oh, whenever about this stuff. He was like, oh you think this is real? Huh, this is a scale, so fucking stupid. And then what was the second was like he said, honey, she got raped by a rich man and mysteriously died in her bathroom.
Speaker 1: Roxy's stupid ass believe everything. I don't think she believed that part. She went along with the accidental death. Tony was the one that made it clear for yes, because she because all of them.
Speaker 2: Did, she had an accident and died and and uh, but when when because Tony didn't know about the rape, so when and she's yeah, yeah, when he was like, oh, wait a minute, she got raped by Jewels, I was like, oh wait a minute, No, no, no, honey, hmm. And that's when she that's when Tony got involved.
Speaker 3: But it kind of makes sense she would believe that though, now, yeah, because she was kind of a not the most scrupulous person, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she clearly did have and these streat knowledge or whatever.
Speaker 3: It seemed like I would understand, especially after you just got raped. I could see, you know, you're probably depressed by doing drugs. You tripped and fell and banged your head in the bathroom. I don't know that I would immediately jump to, oh, somebody murder her.
Speaker 1: Man, poor Anna, Bro. And she found out she had to leave and she was crying. Oh god, oh man, that was sad. Man. Yeah, Rob the fuck Look everybody was disgusting.
Speaker 3: He like, Man, I was trying to remember. I thought she didn't want to work there. Well, I know why she didn't want to work there, but I thought she she did. I'm talking about when that guy to town the city.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was anyway. Did y'all think Vince's suicide was redemption cowardness? Bro? That shit caught me off. I was like I was too. I didn't think that was what. I thought. He was just gonna go to jail. What I thought he was gonna kill itself. I definitely thought. Really, I did not think he was.
Speaker 2: I didn't think he was gonna do that. I thought they set it up good.
Speaker 1: It was just the way they framed it like they we couldn't see him. Yeah, I thought set it up he was good and that made him more shocking.
Speaker 2: But I thought when he went to go put the stuff in the safe, I thought what he was about to do was go turn himself into the cops or turn himself into Mancati or whatever his name was.
Speaker 1: Even when he was on the roof, I never thought he was gonna like kill himself. I ain't never seen vinces. He knew he would gonna make it in jail.
Speaker 2: So I feel like he was just like this and I fucked up everybody life exactly like I'm a fuck up.
Speaker 1: And he's just about jumping off, didn't he, Which is why I thought he.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't, because they said, oh no, I thought that, oh yeah, he's about to kill himself because he was already sad about that little dude in the wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Lieutenant Damn Trevor Jesus. So I was like off complex. He was sad about it, but that was kind of not complex about it. Crackheads can get can get sad.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He was that guy's in a wheelchair because of events. Because Vince is a fucking idiot. He said, here I went. I got. That's why he said. I jumped, and I looked he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Maybe you shouldn't have looked back, Maybe you should have been looking forward. That's the stupidest reason end up in a wheelchair. You jumped off a building and someone.
Speaker 1: Told you to crazy. Was the ending satisfying? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you can because they had kind of been setting up when I thought about it, they kind of set up the whole him falling off the roof because Trevor kept saying, you owe me a jump, and they kept kind of bringing it back, bringing it back.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of poetic justice. I bet Trevor Field he just the day before told that we hold him a jump, and he found where he really jumped.
Speaker 2: Right, roll myself off some stairs or something, and Vince probably thought, this is you know, this is the way to do it because of what happened with Lieutenant Dan and that.
Speaker 3: I'm not killing myself jumping off no building. You better give me some pills like a real bitch.
Speaker 1: Which yaself here. No, I just left town. Yeah, because why do I he die? I'll give you the money. I'll go be a crackhead somewhere else. Again. I feel like I feel like he needed He felt like he needed to die to pay off the debt. The debt was paid off because he would.
Speaker 2: Have still killed killed. This goes beyond your law enforcement. This is the game because he wasn't because he was gone, he would his brothers, family in danger, and his daughter.
Speaker 3: Actually, though, how did he know that killing himself was going to satisfy the death dude? How did he know the death dude wouldn't still be like, wait, well he just died. I want to kill somebody, so I'm going to go because he did went to's house he didn't know, and he was going to kill him, and then Jake said, well he's you know, Vince is already dead.
Speaker 1: So how did he know that the death dude wasn't going to go kill I think he had a certain code. Yeah, he didn't know child, so he probably knew what that. But he don't know what he's thinking because he can't resign language. He don't know what that dude's saying in the pool and they were talking to him. I thought that was dope.
Speaker 2: And they had the flash of light, oh yes, to get his attention. Yeah, when they went to tell him hisself was dead and they were calling him, but.
Speaker 1: It was dope and he couldn't hear the flash of light at him. It was kind of cool because I was like, bro, y'all don't know he could throw some pebbles out, turn around or something no hit him in his back.
Speaker 2: He can feel And when the sun Junior was like, I didn't hear ship actually in the car, he was like, man, what kind of a cut are you.
Speaker 1: About? His own dad? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was deep. He's like, we can't we can't choose our own family. I think, dude, play that well because you can.
Speaker 1: Tell that hurt. Yeah, damn that ship was good man.
Speaker 3: And then when they when they when he went to go like the deaf dude went to the friend, thinking that the friend was involved.
Speaker 1: He was like, I loved him like a brother. Wow, do nothing like this. That wasn't me.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, ship man, Yeah, it was like and then he said you've been a disappointment my whole life or something like that.
Speaker 1: He was cutting Junior. He did, she was. He was think else stand out, y'all want to dress on before we wrap this up. It was cool. It was cool. It was inane. Definitely. It definitely was a nice I don't think I think you had a question in there. I think this should be it. I know what they can't focus it on brothers, but it's like a good show without no them going back and forth. This is the first time working together I don't even know if I said together they were great, fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird hearing Jason Bateman be like kind of like a tough guy though, but he did play really well.
Speaker 1: Being on Brungy and Ship like that.
Speaker 3: He did a great just when he was punking him, like when he was just like sessions me again. Then through his keys and Ship, I was like, oh, that was one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: A little back and forth right there through the keys and then Jake through the keys get a bit. Damn. I've never seen Jason paper that row. He's such a good actor man. He needed to do more. He wasn't good after before I'm with you, Yeah he was good. Maybe before that he needed to do. You liked him in Family Ties where the it was I see something in that guy, the older brother. I liked him and something arrested flamy. He was good. It was something else, not like no one. I don't know. I didn't see like he sees it that nobody else. I just liked him.
Speaker 2: On the Highway neked is crazy. That was crazy and it's New York, so I guess nobody even looked at.
Speaker 3: Like to play a team with Jason Bateman, he didn't team with That's right, yep, that was yeah.
Speaker 1: That was good to Yeah, my favorite movies. I ain't know't gotta go see Port to Place. It is good. All right, y'all.
Speaker 2: That has been our review of the Netflix show Black Rabbit. Y'all haven't seen it, go check it out there, listen to the review and if you have, we enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoyed it. We out peace,