Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: This episode will be.
Speaker 2: Reviewing the season two open U of X Men ninety seven. But before we do that, who I have with me is Kenneth b ing Ola Rod aka Modest Media whatever, my name is, Jalen aka Dot and then about fifteen to thirty seconds you'll have Mike here as well. And so yeah, what we'll do first is, like we always do, go into our overall thoughts of the first three episodes of season two of X Man ninety seven. Ken, how you feeling. I got a glimpse of how you felt and dead in sports, So yeah, let me let me hear some details.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed I think they did a good job using the first three episodes to kind of uh set everything up, you know, let everybody know where all the characters are, you know, their roles, the stakes involved.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was. I was definitely enjoying it.
Speaker 3: And seeing that we're going to uh now, episode by episode and we only get thirty minutes, I'm like, man, that's gonna be It's cruciating.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm all on board. I do have a question once you finished with them.
Speaker 2: Though, Okay, Rod, how are you feeling? I think I'm with Ken. I think overall it was good. I don't know if my excitement level was the same when it first came out, and.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to figure out why when we first started reviewing and that I was really excited. But I feel like I should have went back and watched how the last one ended, because I feel like I was really lost to begin with, so so that I had to kind of settling to it by the time we got to the last one. By the time we got to the last one, I felt a little better or whatnot, and I felt like they was doing a pretty decent job.
Speaker 6: But I'm just the excitement level just the same at at.
Speaker 1: The moment for me.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the weight kind of takes out of it like a lot of shows. Now we have this two three year, four year weight, Does that take a piece of it for you?
Speaker 1: Cause you didn't, did you?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 1: You grew up watching X Men, right, so yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So when they brought it back, I was I was really excited about it and the way they were doing it was it was really cool. I like I said, I don't know why that excitement is not there anymore, but I'm not saying it won't be.
Speaker 6: But when I turned it on, I was like, Okay, it's cool.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I hit man. I've watched the first season like two or three times.
Speaker 4: Already, keep going back and rewatching it.
Speaker 3: But I'm on the tradmill fellow time, I'm I'm and I got it. I don't have anything to watch. I'm probably gonna watch that. Yeah, one of the episodes and so.
Speaker 1: On Michael, i'm'a rob. But I had to watch it twice and then it changed.
Speaker 2: But the first run through I was like, I don't know about this. But then I was like, yeah, something's wrong, something's wrong with me. What's going on? And I went back and watched him again, and the excitement was there again. I think it was mostly the second episode that kind of made be like, I don't know how much I care.
Speaker 1: The pacing in the second episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I never cared for X Force. I was going to ask that question, just I just I just don't care. I liked Expector because I like Havoc. But you like Expector, you that is insane?
Speaker 4: That Yeah, that's a different version of fat They yeah.
Speaker 1: Set me up. They weren't fucking cops. They weren't.
Speaker 2: They weren't cops in the comics that I remember, at least unless it's complicated.
Speaker 3: But the idea was similar, but they totally red to fit what's going on right now. Yeah, But and they got kind of tricked into doing that. They thought they I can't get into.
Speaker 1: It, but y'all a bigger X Men fans than I am.
Speaker 4: But they were like this, No, I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember them being like this.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I liked X Factor only because I liked Havoc and I liked the fact that spoiler alert, that's that's Cyclopsis brother. But I don't think they know in the show, but at least in the comics they did find. So that was the only reason I got in the X Factor, because I was like, wait, that's that's Cyclopsis brother, Like, how does that work?
Speaker 1: But I didn't really care about the rest of them. They're kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're kind of they're kind of whack.
Speaker 1: No is a fucking female magneto.
Speaker 2: She's a feminazi magneto, but she's more uh feminine, but she has more of the sense of duty. So she's a boot liquor. She's a boot licking Magneto. No to the X Men, like, you.
Speaker 1: Got it, man, fake Magneto.
Speaker 5: You got a fake rogue and you gotta fake like the other chick was like a fake rogue.
Speaker 1: Like silok is dope. I'm not saying. I'm not saying that she was an X Men though, X Man and this X Force, right, yeah, yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: She felt like rogue to me. I know she was an X Man, but she felt.
Speaker 1: Like Silock Silocke is busy.
Speaker 2: But no, I didn't really And you also got I didn't read all of them, so Polaris might be the dopest chick around and I just didn't read those books.
Speaker 4: She's all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again I read the later ones, like thirty two thousands, so yeah. But but even then, I wasn't a big X man. I wasn't a big X Man fan.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, m H.
Speaker 1: Does that matter? Yes, all right, I'll watch my language. As far as for me, man, I was like, you can't.
Speaker 2: I was ready to go bro, like I was more disappointed that I forgot Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It came out and you know, I got caught up in.
Speaker 2: FIFA this week, So I'm sitting there watching, but you know, I got caught up in.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Hey, hey, hey, I didn't know. It's crazy man. Hey the X Men was open.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, but I was excited, and I think that I was excited. But the first episode didn't hit for me. And I think it's more so it was the dialogue because like how much like dialogue was in the first season and how important the dialogue was, I didn't feel it that much. There. They started to ramp up a little bit more and the second episode, but about a fourth episode, the dialogue is about like, all right, we're back here, We're back where we need to be at. So that that makes yeah, that's that was for a third third episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's so. I'm like in the middle a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I was definitely excited and I'm overall I'm happy with we like I'm excited for the for the ride, move war, you know what else might be part of my issue And I don't remember if I said this last last review.
Speaker 1: I don't really care that much about Apocalypse. He's cool.
Speaker 2: I don't care that much about him. I like, I like X Memore when they're fighting Magneto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Apocalypse is the is the X Men version of like Ultra, Like he's always popping up. He's a consistent villain that works for them, and he's always in the background, you know, like the Avengers animated series, but their cartoon Ultron pops up. It seemed like every other fourth of Field episode they just can't get.
Speaker 1: Rid of him.
Speaker 4: The question I have is, uh, is the animation different this season?
Speaker 1: In one way, I think it's better. It doesn't look the same. It feels the same to me. Okay, you just imagine males, but he.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: It looked a little stiffer, what you say, a little stiffer and choppier.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's why I was asking.
Speaker 3: I don't really kind of read animation the way a lot of others do.
Speaker 2: You may since you've revisited ninety seven more, it may be okay, it may like you may have a different perspective to me, But to me it was just it was still on part and if I go back and look at it, it may look different. I don't think it was as many action scenes in the first episode for me to tell a difference.
Speaker 1: Second episode, would you believe like it looks? It looks? It looked great. In the third episode, the final couple of scenes we were good too. So yeah, you probably be more now that about it.
Speaker 2: Your attention about Invincible, you probably you probably have an eye opening to like be paying attention to it a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a big thing.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to kind of see what makes good animation and what doesn't. As I hearing my kids talk about it, like when they be talking about well Kindle and Rollin, it's going about anime, you know, Rollin like you had an animations fire.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Ain't touch an anime definitely, but it's it's a draw for them, And I'm like, so yeah, I just I don't see it in well.
Speaker 1: Out of them, watch Demon's Lad and It'll change your life.
Speaker 2: Telling you there's a whole bunch of other ones that are just on bard, but that one right there would definitely change your life as far as animation.
Speaker 1: Reclaim your Virginity Again.
Speaker 2: We opened up the season with the reporter Tristit Tilby speaking about the disappearance of the X Men from for the past couple of months and Bishop and Ford are working on the tech to time travel. So, even though season one ended with time travel cliffhanger, what were your expectations with the opening.
Speaker 1: Scene of season two. I'll go to you, Mike, since you the time travel travel stickler, so you don't care what X men.
Speaker 2: But still, yeah, I don't know why it doesn't. It does not bothering me yet it's not bothering me, I guess because they haven't done anything in this time travel that's changed anything. Yet them opening up with them trying to figure out how to get back and forth. I think it's cool now this Also, I can't remember if I said in the last season, because I don't even know if I felt this way in the last season.
Speaker 1: But I'm not.
Speaker 2: Really feeling Forged like that either, because I think his powers are kind of annoying.
Speaker 1: He's like, if I can imagine it, I can build it. Man, all right, dude, so.
Speaker 2: No one's been able to stop you. You should be the baddest bitch in the whole fucking land.
Speaker 3: Well, he's just a mechanic, though, but he can build it when he has stuff around to build it, which in the future it should have been a lot of stuff, but he still got to get it. He still need time to build it. I don't agree with you. Yeah, he he he looked like a person of color. He definitely not to steal some He ain't really all that. I never really enjoyed him in the comics either, so, but you know.
Speaker 2: And the last season, they didn't explain why he wasn't with X Factor. No more did they. I don't think because in the original series he was with X Factor. The original series me and the books or the show that the show the animated said, oh ship, I don't remember X Factor being in the show it was before cause I remember that's that's how I know Cyclops and have it. Don't know your brothers?
Speaker 1: Oh so they don't know they don't know ya? Interesting? All right? Well yeah, I don't know. How did you feel about it? Right? Try the time traveling component of.
Speaker 5: I think that's the part that kind of threw me off, and it just got me confused. Very early on, I was trying to keep up, so I came out the gate just kind of just behind. That's why I was like, oh, man, bro, I probably should have watched the last last couple episodes of the other one. So it was fine once I said, like I said, once I settled into it and knew what was happening, I was like, okay, I could follow pretty much from here.
Speaker 1: You didn't watch the recap? Nah, I watched three and it didn't help. I was thinking. I was thinking they were going to do well. They did have a record. It didn't do Yeah, they didn't.
Speaker 6: They didn't do well with the recap in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I agree. I'll tell you which ones you should use. I'm gonna go back and rewatch them. I'm just gonna rewatch. Yeah, I'm just gonna rewatch. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't have no problem with watching it because I enjoyed it. I just hadn't had time to rewatch it.
Speaker 2: The recap probably was easy for me because I hosted the last season, So I like I watched the episode like twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, But I liked what I think they They did a fairly good job of kind of like explaining what was going on to kind of catch people up in case they didn't. It was like they got pulled into another world. One's over here and one's over here, and we gotta go get them. Which one do you want? You know that was That was pretty much it.
Speaker 1: I feel you, but.
Speaker 6: I didn't understand why until later on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I also couldn't couldn't remember who was where. Yeah, I couldn't remember who went to the future and who went.
Speaker 1: To the past.
Speaker 2: So did they help when they told you which groups were like when they put it on the board and.
Speaker 1: Then it didn't matter the help when they showed.
Speaker 5: I didn't get it right with you know, man, I ain't got time to read.
Speaker 1: It's a cartoon, show me some ship.
Speaker 6: It was when the lady had I forgot, uh the one.
Speaker 1: That my mother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, then she said she was like I did this and then I did that or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's yeah. It had to be like.
Speaker 2: I had to see them them dudes pop up and I was like, okay, so that's who's here, got it? So yeah, obviously think one in five thousand years in the past. The other one is two thousand years in the future. Bishop offers to go to the past and tells forced to go to the future to be with Storm. You know, like, you know she put that thing on him last week, she must have he gotta go back to you. She controlled the weather. I'm just saying, and we are reintroduced to Wolverine at the height of a cop apocalypse reign.
Speaker 1: What'd you think? I mean, you already seen your reaction. What do you think? When it got got good, I was like, here we go, this is this is dope. And it reminded you that he didn't have his his antimatum. Well, I knew he didn't. I knew. I remembered. I was.
Speaker 2: I was especially curious to see what they were gonna do with Wolverine.
Speaker 1: They didn't do what I thought.
Speaker 2: I guess there was no way for them to go all the way because did you read those comics when he got his Atomanium strip and he became just like a fucking wolf man? Yeah, so I I wasn't sure that they're Oh man.
Speaker 1: He looked at me. I said, see, I knew it. I knew it. That's your son.
Speaker 2: I knew it the second I said the f where he looked at me. I was like, dog God, I'm sorry, Bro, I won't say it no more. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I I feel like I'm in trouble. He was so disappointed. He was, Yeah, they didn't.
Speaker 2: I liked that they that they showed the bones and I like, how like the bones were breaking when he was Yeah, I liked.
Speaker 1: I liked all of that.
Speaker 2: Man, I liked all of that, but I knew they weren't to be able to show him as just like feral and crazy, and because that wouldn't really fit for the cartoon.
Speaker 5: It just now, Yeah, it's just not registered that. That's why I forgot that Wolverine doesn't age like that, because I was wondering. I was like, why how is he how does he look like Wolverine? Like how does he look like that? But he don't really age like that?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, now that makes sense, and then that makes sense why you had the I'm like, wait a minute, what.
Speaker 1: This doesn't make sense to me? And you can hear the pain when he broke it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, this this was I think.
Speaker 3: I think I may woke him up because I was watching the first episode and when Wolverine showed up, I was like, whoa, it was like not something.
Speaker 1: I was like, my bad. That ship.
Speaker 3: That's because it was funny because four popped up and four it was like, damn, I should have went to the past and uh and yeah, but it was a good introduction of Wolverine, though, I thought that was that was dope?
Speaker 6: Is that is he known to look like that in that time?
Speaker 2: He looks crazier from from what I remember, like he's he looks insane. I don't remember exactly what it was that happened, but when his animate um got stripped for some reason, he lost his mind for a while and was just running around crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what's up with that costume he got on. That's that's the eighties, that's the eighties costume.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that costume.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his hair was all wild, he had a big crazy beard. Yeah, he looked nuts and they gave him hunch back to.
Speaker 1: The drops of it.
Speaker 2: So Ford just adamant about the return to the past. But Scott and Jean want to stay with Nathan? Did you did any of y'all empathize with well, actually, right, did you empathize with the Summers want to stay in the future.
Speaker 1: Or are they just being selfish with the who want to stand in the future? The Summers? So, Jean, Gray and Cyclops.
Speaker 5: Did I empathize because of the kid element? I mean not really, not really, not really, that didn't really hit for me.
Speaker 1: So they're being selfish. Yeah, yeah, it didn't really hit for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they were bad parents. I mean, they did a job to send them to the to the past, but now you're trying to make up for it. It's like you've been gone all my life and now you want to show up, and now you want to be daddy and mommy. It's like what And now he don't he don't know that, of course, but still, you know, they're feeling the sense of guilt and now they got to leave and they never wanted to give him up, and so they decided to kidnap this grown ass kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At this point, I was still trying to catch back up. I was trying to remember because he was introduced last season, right, but we didn't stay with him for very long.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, well the young young Yeah, I think they show him one episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's what I thought. So I was a little again. I'm still trying to catch up at this point.
Speaker 1: Being selfish, Yeah, they're selfish, And I agree that they're not great. They're not great parents, I mean child anyway, so that's debatable.
Speaker 2: But if she has all of the thoughts and memories of that kid they came out of her body.
Speaker 1: It kind of because the clone came from her body. That was the other Ja. Yeah. Yeah, see that's when what happened to her. She died.
Speaker 4: She went away, She walked off.
Speaker 1: She walked off and went where she just left. She would come back. I gotta go back and red. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: For for ten episode for an episode cartoon that got a lot of details I.
Speaker 6: Got, but I remember liking that about it though.
Speaker 2: So we also see that the we get more of the impact of Apocalypse rule with the enslaved mutants in his palace while he regenerates his body, He's approached about a new body, which is Nathan Summers, so he would never have to regenerate again. And then that's when Apocalypse calls upon his horseman to go grab the body. I'm gonna try to skip around a little bit of we got three episodes to get through, but we go back with the X Men and Storm and Forge are discussing their relationship, where Forged questions how it would work Ken it's Forged just nervous that he has a strong independent black goddess or is it a legit concern?
Speaker 3: I think he's nervous, and that's why he's concerned, you know. But all that changed later on an episode, But right now he's like, man, I don't. I'm a man of science a woman of faith, Like, I don't, how is this gonna work? You know, and we need to figure this out. But you know, I'm happy to be back with you, you know, and so yeah, you agree.
Speaker 5: Right, well, yeah, it just it stuck out to me because obviously the different ideologies or whatever like what Ken just mentioned.
Speaker 1: So that's the only thing that really stuck out to me.
Speaker 5: I was like, Oh, they're trying to add that into this whole thing or whatnot. So I started thinking about the writer and if he would have added that element in it or that's in the comics.
Speaker 1: Is it true too to something that's in the comics for they did get together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but they talk about like religion and faith and stuff.
Speaker 4: Not in this way. No, I mean, it wasn't really.
Speaker 1: It was back then.
Speaker 2: It was then that it was like early on, Yeah, that it wasn't really tackled as much it was in the eighties.
Speaker 1: That wasn't that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all that stuff is like you know, I think all of it's connected or whatnot, and maybe they're showing that because you know, she did some Cosmo stuff, just science based and all of that. So yeah, I think they're showing how it could work and how it's all the same, whether it's faith or whether it's science or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't know if they're going that deep with it, but it could be. What do you think, Mike, I don't want.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel bad kind of saying this. I just don't care about their relationship like that.
Speaker 1: Really, No, I just don't care, right, Black love it's not Black.
Speaker 4: America, Yeah, native America.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that food don't look black. You look the bars black, maybe.
Speaker 2: Look like he's definitely one of the barest brothers.
Speaker 1: He had clone the Chill Now he looked like l on the last album. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just stuck out to me because you know, it's it's a personal conversation.
Speaker 1: I was like, I wonder they're gonna take it. Yeah, I wonder too. It's like you're settling into it. I'm sure it'll be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I was just like, Bro, you came all the way back, you found your girl.
Speaker 1: Now you're having this conversation now.
Speaker 2: I mean, they't got nothing but time, because he thought they were gonna come in and out. Now they they waiting, and it's like, all right, well we got to sit here and chill.
Speaker 1: We can't do nothing. We're gonna mess that ship up.
Speaker 3: Because wasn't that's yeah, because wasn't that Storm that basically was like, yeah, let him go in the day, you know, we're fine. Wait what she didn't Storm make that decision for them?
Speaker 2: Well, she was the tiebreaker when Forwarded was telling him no, yeah, and he listened to her. He listened, and of course he's gonna listen to yeah. Yeah, no choice, no choice. He was right though, So he was right about what.
Speaker 3: About them needing to leave right now instead of giving them a day, because that's what they were talking about that And then then he was like, uh, well, how this shit gonna work? You know, because I think he was questioning why they needed to have this extra time, but he was I think he mentioned something like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm not a parent, so I really don't get it. Right. So they and what do they do? They're gonna mess everything. You would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to.
Speaker 2: What we review and discuss our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com. Rings per second where there are two tears you can choose from.
Speaker 1: That's patreon dot com. Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Jane's trying to teach Nathan how to use his telepathic powers to control the virus. He doesn't really believe what mother Askani is saying about he's prophesized to be this savior of apocalypse, so he decides that, man, let's just kidnap the little niggas in a place that we don't know, but we're gonna run and try to hide him somewhere, even though we.
Speaker 1: Need to get back to the President. Was irritating. It was an irritating plan, Mike. It was a stupid plan. And you were supposed to be a telepath and you can't tell us a stupid.
Speaker 4: Was Like, I can hear y'all talk about it.
Speaker 1: I was about to say that. I like that I can hear y'alls thoughts. They didn't know.
Speaker 2: That maybe because she was tea them. You not much I'm much on that, but like what she probably was thinking in that moment, I'm teaching him. He's not on this level just yet.
Speaker 1: And it's just probably the second nature for him to constantly talk to each other. Well, she should, she should have thought about it. She should have thought about it. I could see why Cyclops wouldn't think about it. She should, she should have thought about it. That was that was I was like, bro, are you how you didn't know he could hear you? Stupid? Yeah?
Speaker 4: This this was like because I was like, Okay, where are they going to go?
Speaker 3: Because they were like, uh like uh, you know, Morph came back, was like yeah, you know, I threw him the ball and he just disappeared. And then Storm was like they didn't but they did. So I was like, yeah, yeah, kind of what you said, where the hell they're going to go?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: And mother as Connie should be able to find them.
Speaker 2: But it was it was for me more so, just like you know, how important what's happening right now is why are you doing this? Why are you why are you potentially effing up the entire plan because you want to go spend time.
Speaker 1: With this kid that you don't even know. So do you think that this is against what Scott's character usually is?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I was about to say, you know why, it's just irritated, That's what I was about to say. Then you know why he is doing why he is doing it because he's a chump, and so is it was.
Speaker 4: It was just it was just very.
Speaker 1: Not leadership like and just very selfish.
Speaker 2: It's like, every minute you're spending right now could potentially affect a lot of stuff, and y'all don't care.
Speaker 3: It's a very parent like thing to do. So that's why they did it. Stupid and then it is.
Speaker 1: But when you're a parent, rationale the situation.
Speaker 2: But they should also be thinking, like, whatever we're doing could also affect his actual future because we're.
Speaker 1: Already messing things up and they already know how great he ends up being. You know who your son ends up being. Yeah, he becomes a thick dude with a with a big gun. They probably don't want that, but they do already know all this.
Speaker 3: But I also remember they have this guilt as well, so they're guilt ridden and they don't know if it's Connie's telling the truth or not. That's whatsy. Cops went to kind of confront it and talk about it, and she was like, you know, he was like, who told you all this ship? Like where did it come from? And she can really give me a direct answer. So that's when they were like, all right, man, let's go get him and go because you know she could be some sort of false prophet.
Speaker 1: Well they're captured pretty easily.
Speaker 4: They got whipped up by drum line.
Speaker 1: Are serious right now? Dude, don't know. I don't know who this. Dude, I don't know any of them. Really, these are the final horse like they're they're in the later comics. If they're a horseman, I'm thinking, I thought, yeah, this is the plane.
Speaker 4: But a pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has like a disease in it. Bro like people who hear it?
Speaker 2: I feel but that seems yeah, I mean that's try. And he looked like he looked like a Confederate looks like this you lying he's a racist drummer. Don't wait till storm show up.
Speaker 1: He definitely gonna put the Civil wars a civil civil war. He definitely is a mutan from the Civil War.
Speaker 2: He's a mutant from the Civil Wars playing the drums. He he ain't got a gun, a musket, a bannet. Yeah, due you the guy the front with the drug, that's crazy, that's.
Speaker 4: Anyone it was. He was straight on time, but no got a rhythm or anything.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't need nothing. But I mean the horseman they changed. I believe we're gonna see him change. They need to change him out now.
Speaker 4: But he and the other one just kind of what you just breathe on him and ship she was tired, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like Beatles, It's like real bad halloosis. It was two of them like that though, right, I thought only the woman opened, the one with the umbrella.
Speaker 4: Is she Asian?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She looked Asian to me, but either.
Speaker 3: Way, go I it's like, y'all supposed to be like super duper like badass fucking mutants, and y'all got wiped out that fast.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the hell, like Jean Gray do something bruh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well Storm approaches mother, Askani, I mean we know who she is? Correct, Yeah, we're not gonn spoiler.
Speaker 1: That's what I was just And then that's your fault. You have been quiet.
Speaker 2: And we see something that's revealed in her eyes when she's talking to Storm about basically the past and the future, and she tells that she brings What did you do you remember what was revealed in her eyes?
Speaker 1: There was something actually revealed.
Speaker 2: In her eyes, Like it was just like when Stone was looking at him both her eyes and she was talking about the future in the past and everything.
Speaker 1: I didn't pay that close attention to it. Yeah, the Phoenix, Yeah, yeah, I had forgotten about that. That's what reminded me a little, a little bit of it, Like, oh fucking I remember who Yeah, I forgot all about it. I forgot she was who she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, while the captured Gene and Scott revealed that they are Nathan's parents and the X Men then arrived to crash the ship into the citadel, and this causes Apocalypse to leave and head to the nineties, but Nathan's he ends.
Speaker 1: Up freeing all the slaves. Slaves free.
Speaker 2: And from here he gets his new iconic arm that we know so well. So overall we end on that note to where we also see Cable in the present.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was kind of cool, all of that sort of well tying into like this bit of a flashback that this is where the time thing could be, Like is that a memory that he's having while this is happening at the same time, so you know it's it's or was he just talking so we don't know, but yeah, but Apocalypse A like fuck this shit on mouth. First of all, you woke me up from a nap and now and now you bringing all this up to me as you know, Nah, I'm I'm leaving.
Speaker 4: I'm going back to the nineties, and and he bounced and left them there.
Speaker 1: Uh the fight was cool.
Speaker 4: Storm froze that guy, the Confederate guy and broke his drum.
Speaker 1: I was like, how you only another one man? Like that's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they were about to get they were about to get whooped again, and then they showed up and uh then it was like some of us call it referred to as as the ats Man or something like. That's supposed to be a big moment, which was cool. I did enjoy it, but but nah, I think the thing that got me And I don't know if this is from the comments or not. Her being able to control like the solar Flagh.
Speaker 2: Happens a couple of times in the comics. They gave her her own brother, she had her own comic run. That just recently happened, and I just started picking up comics again. Storm a bad boy.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 4: Forger was like that my girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that adds a whole another level to her For me. I never even thought about her using like the sun, that's what she was doing, And I'm just like, yo, like that that's kind of wild, Like you know what I mean, Like, yeah, like that's that's really wild to be able to like use the son. I always think about winning thunder, like the elements here, right, basic ones, Yeah, basic ones. But to go in the like I said, the cosmos and use the sun like that's crazy though.
Speaker 2: Man, man, man, I'm glad they're showing it on this in this in this show, unlike the movies.
Speaker 1: Yep, right, yeah, because I never even thought about it either. Did she didn't think about it in the day.
Speaker 4: What you're talking about, willis.
Speaker 1: The sun? Yeah.
Speaker 2: We move on to episode two, and before we get into the episode, we'll talk about the title card a little bit with the new characters from both The X Force and The X Fact that I think it was dope.
Speaker 1: The way they changed the title card again, I thought it was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it was cool. I thought it was cool. And then like because you even like because she says like, and what's this team called? And then and then like I was like, oh, yeah, that's dope, that's dope.
Speaker 1: I rock with that. Yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: I thought it was dope because I was like, Oh, they're gonna ass factor. I said, they're gonna do as for us. And then they did the title card and running together. I was like, oh, man, that's that's that's pretty dope. That's pretty dope, even though it's not the original X Force team.
Speaker 1: But I did enjoy it. Mh, what'd you think? I thought the way they did the title cards was cool.
Speaker 2: I like how they keep switching up the title cards like they they They've done it a few times so far in the first season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I was the one who noticed it. They don't think y'all noticed it at first. Yeah, I was like, they're changing it. No, no, no, I brought it up.
Speaker 2: No no, no, for risk, I don't remember that I've changing it. I remember noticing Madeline's hair being up or down or whatever, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. You can you can have that one.
Speaker 6: No, it's not like I had I remember pointing it out or whatever like last season.
Speaker 1: It's like, I think they're changing the sequence. And then he did bring it up. I said, I know, I'm just I'm just reaffirming for him bring it up. But yeah, no, I liked it. I just it was just disappointed because I was like, oh, no, this whole episode gonna be X for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was. I thought it was gonna be dope.
Speaker 3: Seeing everybody that's the original uh uh what the second X Factor team which I thought you had Rain made the multiple man.
Speaker 4: Hilarius strong guy or is a strong man one of the strong Guy.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying these dudes are corny, bro, I'm not saying that they're the best team.
Speaker 1: But I still bought every single issue.
Speaker 3: Who Yeah yeah, well yeah, yeah was from the New she was from the New Mutants and and Genosha.
Speaker 1: That's how she.
Speaker 3: I think it was Janosha where she ended up getting the wolf. She became a fully wolf version of her and more feral too. So so yeah, but what I will say, Mike is that they showed them but they didn't really do ship and that was the thing that was disappointed. But anyway, go ahead, Dayle.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, nah you good man. I mean that's all I was gonna do. Is basically named.
Speaker 2: They started out, they gave us a view of X Factor first, so I remember this woman, So we saw X Factor, and then we transitioned to Cable who's trying to recruit Jubilee and Sunspot while they're at Arcade, and they eventually joined to find one of Apocalypse horsemen.
Speaker 1: And War. You remember this one? Remember this word one not from the comic guy don't do yeah?
Speaker 5: War?
Speaker 2: I mean, so basically with Apocalypse, all four of he he always has four horsemen in their name as of like four different things. It's War, Death, Famine, and what's the last one, Pescelence. So this one is War right now, But I can't remember his exact comic book name. You remember his comic book name?
Speaker 1: I think it was War. Okay, what comic name is War?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, very well, when he goes to recruit them, they go find War and then they try to capture him and they do interrogation, Rod, what did you think of some of the concerns that Jubilee rose while this was happening.
Speaker 1: What was the markt sience. So basically just the way Silock was using her a telepath at that moment. That was the first thing. Yeah, that's right, that's right. She didn't she didn't like their tactics or whatever.
Speaker 5: Which, yeah, this this was a really big moment because yeah, they're killing folks, and so she was like, wait, wait, I ain't know you know, that's that's not that's not I was taught you know. So no, I think I think she raised good concerns based on her teachings, right, based on like, you know, what Xavier has taught her, and she's just trying to keep that element within this this force. So I don't know, like like this this is more of that that Martin Malcolm Malcolm thing that that they have throughout x Men. So I thought they were just kind of touching on that more.
Speaker 3: What I thought was interesting the thing about you believe in this particular situation is Cable told them at the table, he said, I don't need any of this other stuff. He said, we're soldiers and once you sign up, that's what you're signing up for. And I guess she thought he was just talking. But Cable cable to mess around like that, So I was surprised he had Archangel do it. But but nah, that was that was dope and the way they set it up with the interrogation at first, and then he was like all right, man, we got what we need to put him out his misery gave.
Speaker 4: The archangel and you believed, like, wait, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Why y'all doing this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was like, dang, she's used.
Speaker 1: To people being.
Speaker 2: Ship what's the words that's what are remost No, like rehabilitated. She's used to people being rehability. That's what Charles does. Somebody might show up as a bad guy, they rehabilitate them. Next thing you know, they're a good guy. This happened to plenty of the X Men, so she's not used to that. But in this moment, I'm kind of like I'm with Cable though, like you don't have time for this. We an't got time to be rehabilitating one of h apocalypses.
Speaker 4: Shoot this food.
Speaker 1: Archie was excited to do that shit too. He even waiting. They even trying to get his get back for a minute.
Speaker 2: He used to be this beautiful white man, he turned me into this whole crazy looking personal color with blades in my wings.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, bro Worthington.
Speaker 4: The third I'm not blue black, I'm just blue.
Speaker 1: Just blue is here.
Speaker 2: We also learned that Silent Let's Hollock learns that she sees a couple of details in his brain, such as a casket, which I think is very important, and then a diamond wall, which leads to Emma Frost, and Emma takes them to Switzerland, where Apocalypse has equipment that converts mutants into his horsemen.
Speaker 1: Did any of these details stick out to you all about what's happening the next mic?
Speaker 2: It was obvious they're gonna change gambit, But I'm just kind of like, I don't want to say I'm over it. It's just they're they're putting too many, too many hits at it. Like I feel like we would have been cooler had they not already showed the card.
Speaker 1: And keep talking. It's like, Okay, it's like you're you're just leading up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Theres better be the dopes shit on the planet now.
Speaker 2: As much as y'all have been hinting at it, this better be the dopest ship on the planet. If it's not, there's gonna be a problem. But yes, we get we get what they're doing. They're gonna resurrect Cambit as one of the Horsemen. I feel like this is going to be very fed up for the X Men because it's like, Howard, how do you deal with this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't realize though we talked about it. We talked about it last season. Yeah, and the season when Apocalypse comes back and he picks up the cart. I do not remember that. I'm with Ry.
Speaker 3: I missed all was going on, and I watched it twice for whatever reason, I just kind of just really didn't pay that much attention to it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we didn't talk about it.
Speaker 2: I thought we thought maybe we we knew and we didn't say it the full last conversation about it. But the casket they showed when she was reading his reading War's mind, and then when she was talking about he's using it to convert mutants and how that they put the casket at the same spot that she went.
Speaker 1: To, it was like, Yep, I missed all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just I just it was the diamond thing. That's where I was at.
Speaker 1: Wow. That was until that I forgot about that with her.
Speaker 3: I didn't because I just think stupid that she can be a diamond person all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: But that ship you said, She's just sitting there and then she turned the diamond like ship like that ship.
Speaker 4: It's dope.
Speaker 1: But I forget, I forget she can do that. Yeah, she did that last season pretty sure. Yeah, I don't know where it came from, but it's fine. But uh mo, at some point, yes, she didn't. Oh no, she did turn into diamond with Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't know she could do that, and I was like, what are they doing to Emma? And then that's what I found out that that was a real power. But but yeah, I think to your point about like Gambit showing up back showing back up as a horseman, that if they do it right, that should emotionally hit and create like this moment and we'll see if they miss both if they don't do this.
Speaker 2: Right, I just feel like we're expecting it too much at this point. I feel like if we if we had no idea this was going to happen and then he just popped up, I think it would just been a lot doper. But it's not a big complaint at all. It's just you know, h Well, in the process of them doing that, they end up fighting X Factor and Jubilee ends up getting captured and from here she eventually convinces Polaires to let her free, so she does get free after calling have it a knockoff?
Speaker 4: That called all of them sea level?
Speaker 1: She said, you call them sea level? Your sea level square?
Speaker 4: She ain't, but yours.
Speaker 1: That all of them were dope. Who I said, Habit was dope in the chick that I thought, it's like rogue. Like no, I said, Polaris is dope. He said he don't really care.
Speaker 2: About Yeah, he'salking about Silog But I liked silok is dope. But like I said, she was in X Men from what I remember, I don't remember her being in X Force or X Factor, but eSchool, she was trained by the hand. She has a whole story too.
Speaker 3: Uh, And habit happens happens dope to Habit cry not the rest of them, dudes. That's why you're seeing rod exactly. That they didn't get any any star time.
Speaker 1: They weren't. They weren't in the title card thing at all. They didn't show none of these pools. But you didn't see strong Guy jumping around.
Speaker 4: We saw was strong Guy was like Polaris, right, get this off my back?
Speaker 1: You ho? Was that the new mutants that they captured, some of them were and like Generation Next. I thought that was a nice little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Esforce got mopped up.
Speaker 3: Them dudes ran and then when Jubilee got snatched up, they were like, man, we gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: We ain't got time for that. Keep moving, nigga. Yeah, but what did you think in the spotlight that Jubilee got again? But they did it last season too, right, she had a little spot.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, but she didn't she didn't get get this.
Speaker 5: But but I was recalling, like, okay, yeah, they showed that she can kind of get busy or whatever. So I've never known her to get busy like that in the comics or the old cartoons.
Speaker 6: But it was cool to see it. The Fireworks show. I was like, this is trying to tie this to fourth of July.
Speaker 4: Dropped droped Wednesday, but I feel I was watching this Saturday. I was like, damn.
Speaker 3: I was like I could just put this on instead of going outside while they released all the episodes at once. Yeah, but but look I was like, how the hell she's gonna beat all these dudes, because I was like, Jubilee ain't all that, but she she held her on. She got she did get busy when she bought up and then uh shot herself off the ground and blowed on.
Speaker 4: Now when she got yeah, I don't remember it like that, but she put them headphones on it.
Speaker 2: She like an episode dedicated to her. At one point, my own boy said that what she got. My boy said, in the title card, they show her training with Cable, so that's where that's where it kind of comes together that she was in training with them.
Speaker 3: So she got so time has been in lapsing and she's been training it because they're kind of move okay moving that wrapping back cool I did. I questioned it, but then question I was like, ain't no way, and then it was a way, but nah, it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was cool man. I like that Jubilee got her time to shine.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Nick didn't like it because.
Speaker 1: When he said, like she said what he said, she can hold her on the like she can't don't need our help. I'm like what you mean, I'm like, they gave her her rollerblades because in the comics.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure she had roller skates, so I thought, I don't know, those little subtle details I thought were cool.
Speaker 1: You're a rollerblade person in the way, you know, I fucking hate rollerblades. Oh you were being serious. I hate roller blades.
Speaker 2: And after they freedom muting kids, X Force rescues them and you believe, which then leads to a flashback with Cable as Nathan Summers and where he sends his parents back to the future. That was well done because he said something about kids are tougher than Yeah, that's it, and then it trans that was like a really really nice touch. Yeah, And so that ends episode two. So it because the episode three my favorite episode of the three. M Speaking of which, which one is your favorite episode of all of them?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have a favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because on the rewatch two wasn't as good as I thought. I think I was caught up in just the excitement of S factor and s for As being in there. Three on the first watch was the least out of the three, but on the second watch I did enjoy it more because it's definitely because of the conversation Magneto and professor rats were having So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel that it is. It does it does feel different.
Speaker 5: I haven't rewatched them, but like, thinking back on them, I feel that sentiment because I do think if I had to pick one, it.
Speaker 1: Probably will be through. Yeah, it probably would be through. You don't really care. I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't know that I have a I have a favorite, but yeah, maybe three, two just the pace and just felt so rushed a little bit, and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was just like definitely yeah, because in the second one, I thought Polaris was like letting her out to send her back so they can track X Force.
Speaker 1: I didn't think she was legit, So that's what I was thinking. I watched.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, this is set up. I didn't think she was really sincere.
Speaker 1: I did, because she she hit her with that. I thought you cared about the X Man. There used to be one. It used to be one. Now you're gonna turn on this. It's not right.
Speaker 4: She could have helped, though, Yeah, she showed up after everything was done, like happened.
Speaker 1: She didn't know if Jubilee could get down. All she knew was Jubilee could throw a little fire crack and she said, you got five minutes and whatever you do with it is what you do. But this is Jubilee. She should have gave her fifteen.
Speaker 4: She was like, yeah, we got some extra pass. He was like, what do you mean what I was coming back to get you?
Speaker 1: That was crazy? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Episode three, in the final episode that we have so far, opens up with the X Men, who were once in the future, now back in the present waiting for the team that is stuck in the past. From there, we travel back in time to three thousand BC, where Magneto is talking to.
Speaker 1: I can't pronounce it and I don't know somebody seat, somebody seat, man, I'm like just say, like all right.
Speaker 2: About being a god as the first mutant against Grandma tut and who is who is?
Speaker 1: Can we like, oh? Can please?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: You know what this reminded me though, you know this, this what really made me think is if they the MCU, would have handled it right.
Speaker 1: This is how they were gonna introduce the X Men. But it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah sucks because it coulda been dope. Well we know, yeah, yeah when it hit yeah, h yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: That nigga m M. And now you're over. You're hanging out with Nazis.
Speaker 2: Hanging out with him, making money with him, right, being friends with him. Yeah, see, this is what happened to your fand people like that. You know, can I always come back?
Speaker 1: And so when we first see the civilization and its weapons, what were y'all thinking? I didn't think it came.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah you were, that's a comedy, But I did. I do remember seeing that the pharaoh king in that in that at the end or whatever. So now that you said, it's connecting, but no, I thought I thought it was cool. Initially I thought it was kind of it was kind of slow, but nah, it picked up really fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'm like, beast, why isn't this ship working?
Speaker 1: But but nah, it was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was dope because I think there was a lot of conversation that happened before then, where you know, Xaber was like man because he didn't know that basically Magneto was trying to use him in the way that he was So he was questioning that, but.
Speaker 1: How was he trying to use them in? What way? Because if he can get the most powerful mutant on his side, then yes, game over.
Speaker 3: Because they were so far in the past, that he could alter the future by being good instead of that.
Speaker 2: I get you, But why was he saying just trust me, just trust me? Yeah he thought, Yeah, Magnito thought he could do it. He thought he could he could convince him to be on the right side of things. But which is weird that that they're swapping because usually Xavier wud be the one.
Speaker 1: That exactly so I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess Xavier knew that it's no saving this.
Speaker 1: Guy, right, But part of me is wondering if Magneto's pulling some bullshit.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking the whole episode. Yeah, I was thinking Magneto was trying to do something else mm hmm. But I mean, the one thing that stuck out to me when we first got to the civilization was like, how they weapons, how they got their weapons seems so futuristic, and that's what made me think. That's what put put the king piece in my head.
Speaker 1: Once I did that. But they could have made him black though he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Not in the cartoon. He didn't looked black, did he. He didn't looked like he looked like Jonathan Majors.
Speaker 1: He looked like Majors. He looked like it looked like they were undecided. Ra he was black in the movie well uh.
Speaker 2: Neuron ball in the Stamps sand Summer's Attack the Civilization, while Magneto and the Xavier are discussing Magneto's mentorship, and once he's successful in attack, we do see Magneto's influence because instead of killing him, he captures logo logos. Did you believe that you don't believe it that Magneto was making a change. I don't think I believe it. Okay, It's just I don't. I don't trust Magneto. I feel like he I feel like he probably knows that Apocalypse is still going to be apocalypse, so he's probably like if I can, if I can trick Encyborneur to trusting me, then maybe I can line up with him or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, none of this makes me think that Magneto is really trying to be a good guy.
Speaker 3: I believed him. I believe that he had the right intent behind what he was doing. I don't know if he fully thought it all the way through, because how would that impact them when they get back to their present timeline, which is what they're actively trying to do.
Speaker 4: But it seemed like he had the right idea in mine.
Speaker 3: It was just he was like I think what I said, like the roles reversed, so he should have been more pensimistic like Xavier was.
Speaker 1: But what I will say is I've always seen Apocalypse.
Speaker 4: Like in this suit, and I'm like, I never really kind of seen him like his powers, like what was his powers?
Speaker 1: Just to live forever?
Speaker 3: But now I was good seeing like him in this form like fighting and stuff like that. Because when he threw that big ass elephant, bro, he swung that thing around and tossed that elephant, I was like, godly, yeah yeah, and Sooper knew was getting getting down.
Speaker 4: But I definitely thought he was about to chop that new head off.
Speaker 3: But that gave Menido like me need would like see you know, you know, I can't convince him a change.
Speaker 1: He literally had to stop it with his power.
Speaker 3: No, not the first time, first time, next time, yeah, now the second time, but the first time he was like, no, I'm gonna let him live.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't expect him to have to be that powerful this this early on, I thought maybe he grew into that power. So when I saw how powerful he was taking on the whole kingdom. Basically, I'm just like, yo, I didn't know he was already here. Did he know he was that strong?
Speaker 1: Well, like at this point, I imagine he must because he picked that ophant up.
Speaker 5: No, it was herised because he was humble about it, like he had like like you know what I'm saying, he was just like like for him to be that strong, I know, Yeah, I got you. Yeah, why didn't you do that? Ship you Kanye?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: Slavery is a choice for you because you could have got out a long time.
Speaker 1: I thought he came into this power like you know what I'm saying, I'm like, what is happening? So I was confused, Like I was confused that he was just strong. But it hasn't been freed from slavery for a while now, how long ago?
Speaker 5: Because this is already they are already in Oh oh wait wait wait, he's like I was the one.
Speaker 1: That changed, so that couldn't have been.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought he was saying he changed him as a kid, because didn't he say something about his mama tube?
Speaker 4: And he escaped.
Speaker 2: He escaped with the sand Troopers with the one because the ball said that that he was the one that found him and brought him in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, so he's an adult at this point, so this could be years years, this could just be him returning at this point. Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I mean I also think that he just probably was humble about it because Magneto was talking to him about it and saying how you could be He was telling him he could be a god, and like it was his destiny in a way.
Speaker 1: So he's probably like trying to be less like relaxed about it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But you could see some of like the pieces of Apocalypse showing up, even how they used the smoke to show like the silhouette Apocalypse when he was walking over, like they was just like forced this, like it's already written that you're gonna beat this person no matter what happens.
Speaker 1: In this episode.
Speaker 5: And I guess he kind of said it because he was just like they fear me, now they follow me or something like that, right, So I guess they they in senuate that he had this power and that's why the other guys feared him, and you know what I'm saying, So okay, all right, that makes more sense.
Speaker 1: So just a couple more questions, y'all, Just two more questions.
Speaker 2: So we see that Beast is trying to use this futuristic tech to getting back to the future but he can't. And Xavier and Magneto going back and forth. Now we all already discussed y'all think it's just right or wrong?
Speaker 1: Right? Who who I think had the better plan?
Speaker 2: As far as Xavier was saying, let's just stick to getting back to the future, go back to the present, and not worry about everything else is going on, Magne was like, now we should really focus on changing this, dude before we see what happens at the end.
Speaker 1: Who did you think actually had the better plan, Magneto, because at this point, like you got sent here for a reason, why would you try?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Instead, Exavier's just like, line, we got to get home.
Speaker 4: What do you have to do?
Speaker 1: You ain't got shipped to do.
Speaker 2: Let's stay here, let's try to figure out what's going on real quick. You feel the same weekend, I think that, Yeah, I think I'm in agreement with Mike.
Speaker 3: Like Zaber knows better and he understands almost like this is just what's innate within him and he's destined to be this sort of thing, and you're wasting your time trying to convince them otherwise. Like you know, I think during this whole multiverse thing that's been incredul like they're with Doctor Strange, they were like some of the I forgot what they call it, but they are these.
Speaker 1: Points in time that are just locked. Yeah, they were called what was it called?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I you know, not saying that that's specifically this, but the idea of that is in Apocalypse, right.
Speaker 1: Like people mentioned it last season too.
Speaker 2: Yeah about what happened on Genosha's absolutely you can't change it, Like it's gonna happen no matter why.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, He's destined to become Apocalypse. There's nothing you can do to change it. And it's like Xavier understood that, but Menido didn't. Because Meneda was always looking out for the future of mutant Khind just in general. So if this gives him an opportunity to advance, you know, his race, then he's gonna try to take it, you know, and that's what he did.
Speaker 1: But it was it was futile. I think it was more so just Xavier not one to temple with time.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, because the way he talked to night Crawler, and Nightcrawler came back, did anybody see you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you make sure no one saw you? Like?
Speaker 2: And he was telling he was telling the Magnet like, you don't know what the consequence of you changing him will be. I don't think it was not to change that he doesn't want to, But I think he was just looking at the scheme of we can't mess with Yeah, nothing here, so I.
Speaker 1: Get with you' all. I was saying.
Speaker 2: That's why I was kind of like torn, Like, Yeah, if I was MAGNETA, I would definitely take the opportunity. But I also see the bigger picture for Xavier, like, we don't know what the consequences of messing with him would be, so we need to just let him be, let time just be what it is, and let things happen. So but eventually he finds out the plan and this leads him where they find a secret place and they're about to be attacked and then my Nigga Bishop shows up out of nowhere and he saves them at the last second. What did you think of the final scene of episode three?
Speaker 1: It took him so long to get there. He did his hairy Man. He may not come when you own it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, may not come, you won't it.
Speaker 1: He was on. This part was dope. This part was dope.
Speaker 2: And again it was just dope to see my boy Wolverine jumping out and that the cracking of the clause was was what got me. I was like, damn, man, they're really putting detail into this because I was like, all right, bro, you fighting.
Speaker 1: A robot with your with your damn bone claws. But when it broke, I was like, all right, that's.
Speaker 4: A good He was like damn, like that wild hurt.
Speaker 3: Nah, this this this, this was definitely dope, you know, like you could see En Sabneur cracking.
Speaker 4: He just needed that one thing to send him over the edge.
Speaker 3: And like you mentioned ro earlier, like that guy Logos or whatever was talking crap, like you're being torturing, you talking crap to the guy and.
Speaker 2: He was about to chop his head and then he dropping off at the end and then he got it anywhere.
Speaker 1: He got that blood right on Magneto. Sace was like, I got that, dang it.
Speaker 4: But what I will say though, man and Xaber's a punk bro. Like remember they.
Speaker 3: Were like, hey man, look at when is he not been one though, I know, but everybody, everybody, even Beasts was like, you got the power be started it. Beasts was like, I mean, you know, we got a guy that can basically go in and get what we need and he don't want to do it. Everybody agreed with him, and he's like, you know, and you know that ain't right. We ain't supposed to do that. Then he got fed up, right, it was like, all right, fine effort, I'm just go do what I.
Speaker 1: Need to do.
Speaker 4: And then he went in there and got kicked out, Like what he.
Speaker 1: Did a lot of wine in this He was all the time. When is he not, like, Bro, you're.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be this, this super powerful telepath, and every time you use your powers, somebody in there stronger than you and kick you out.
Speaker 1: I saw something.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was, but it was the broad Well it's like, well, maybe we were right. We shouldn't have sent you in there.
Speaker 1: Jean Gray. Dude, Yeah, she's in the first episode. She ain't worth nothing either, was there though?
Speaker 4: Salo would have went right up in there, Bro, she would have did that little blade.
Speaker 1: It would have been I think in the Frost, the bad It's out all of them. She might be, but she's never gonna be a good guy. I don't care. I thought you meant to help them. Oh no, no, no, no, what's all her powers? She's a tell panth telepath in the Diamond and Diamond front of the thing. But yeah, she's a freak. Yeah she looked like that too.
Speaker 2: She became a phoenix Somehe's like, go ahead, man, stuff on your right quick. But yeah, man, that's all three episode and cable. I mean, so right now in the excitement is back, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like, once I settled into it, I was just like, Okay, I think I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: And it was a me.
Speaker 5: Problem, you know what I'm saying, because I knew I needed to go back and watch the other ones or recap of something. And but but I also, in the back of my mind know about the whole writing situation, so so I hate I know that, and so it was kind of messing with me a little bit.
Speaker 1: You feel like they're still in good hands, Mike, even though bo isn't a part of it. He's a part of it.
Speaker 2: He's an executive producer apparently. Oh I think I think stuff about it. I was wondering that his name was on these episodes, but I think you have to continue to get It's like how when James Gunn left Disney, well what he got fired from Disney, they started to put his name on it when he used like the Guardians of the Galaxy, like the Avengers and stuff, because you you basically started a foundation, so you still get credit regardless.
Speaker 1: His name is always gonna be yea, He's still gonna get.
Speaker 2: Because you said, well, I mean it said it said executive producer Bo de Mayo, and it had a story by him, So I'm wonder they probably st using elements of his story. They probably just fine tuning into what they wanted to need. So it's gonna be stuff he can be like, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It was he was complaining on Twitter. That's why I was confused. Yeah, all this fool does is complain on Twitter.
Speaker 2: So it's like Snowfall with basically, yeah, once you started, it's kind of like, all right, you always gonna get credit for it. But what they put his name as an executive producer for seasons that he had nothing to you still have to it may be contractually obligated to.
Speaker 5: Be already kind of funded or something, because that's usually who funds it.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, like, oh, did he come back? But then now I saw him on Twitter whining and complaining. So but just shut up though, man, huh if if I feel like if you was shut up and let time pass, how good this show is. Eventually some opportunity to will come. But now that you won't shut up, it's like nobody's gonna miss.
Speaker 1: Probably trying to save itself though, just in case it is bad.
Speaker 2: He just want to let y'all know, Like, look, but he said it already. It's like you keep it going, you keep going. It's like, dude, we get it, Like stop. Has he said anything after these drug That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was on this.
Speaker 2: We're talking about these Unless there was Ai, you know, i'd be falling for Ai sometimes.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure with him, No, that was probably.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it yet, but I'm gonna go look because I like it.
Speaker 5: I think they did a decent job, and I think when you saw about the animation, I don't know, we're wrapping up.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Okay, TBD for me, you know, because I think about like, like you were mentioned the pacing and the second one, are they going to try to cram a lot into these ten you know? And uh, and we'll see if it kind of you know, smooths out the rest of the way, especially when he we may get the points where he's less involved, you know, where he could have added small little nuances or elements for that could have made the story a little less choppy. Not saying that it's chopping now, but yeah, that that second episode, they really did move forward pretty quickly, so.
Speaker 1: It's one per week now.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, these were good enough to where I don't think they needed to drop three in the same day. I think that the ending of episode one would have been enough. But I think they might have known that episode two wasn't strong enough. I think I think episode was probably why they felt like they needed to drop all three, because they had dropped two last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't see this stuff on unless unless he deleted it. I don't see it on here no more. He's just retweeting random stuff about Twitter. It's really odd.
Speaker 5: Wait, he's probably wait until the verdict is out and if the verdict is is positive, Like, what are you want to say?
Speaker 2: He's still gonna say that this is not what I told y'all to do, you know, But yeah, I agree with y'all. If he had just been quiet, he'd probably would be working on some other comic book property.
Speaker 1: But you know.
Speaker 2: What I do with for us man, make sure to follow us FPS podcasts on Twitter and Instagram. Join the reddit thread as well. Become a patron where we have a whole bunch of exclusive content there at patreon dot com. Forward slash uh frames per second. But until next time, y'all, Peace,