Speaker 1: The frames per Second podcast.
Speaker 2: What's going on in boy?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 4: I am here with Kennethy Ollo. I am Spike Lieu of the on Deck TV podcast. How you're doing, Sir, I'm great, brother. How about yourself?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Pretty good? Modest media.
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: How you I'm good? And Mike see town? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: What You're now tuned into the frames per Second podcast?
Speaker 4: And in this episode, we are beginning our weekly recaps.
Speaker 5: Of The Kid.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to call it.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna say I'm gonna say it, the hit.
Speaker 4: HBO original series starring Zendaya and a few other famous people. We're gonna be going week to week on season three of Before Year.
Speaker 3: Uh, which I feel like we haven't done it. When the last time we did a week the week.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was House of Drag, House of the Dragon.
Speaker 3: House of the Dragon's been that long.
Speaker 1: The first and that was the first season. Movie think we did it on the second season.
Speaker 3: It's been a minute.
Speaker 2: I think Sexies.
Speaker 5: We just did an overall recap.
Speaker 4: But I mean, this says something about this show, or maybe just the time schedule, but this is a show that, you know, I can say we've been anticipating for a while since the end of the second season to a lot of change. So I want to get everybody's overall thoughts. I'll start with you, Lou as far as have you has this been on your list of shows like I can't I can't wait to see this upcoming season?
Speaker 2: Or is this something just like it's out so.
Speaker 1: We just watched, you know, I've been waiting for this to come back. I think the first two seasons were done so well. It was different, I feel like for most stuff on TV, and then you had a couple of people that slightly tried to mimic it, like Industry. But yeah, I was waiting on it to come back just because of the first two seasons, and it wasn't a show that I was looking for. I just stumbled upon it when I first started watching it, and then I just got hooked to it. So yeah, I was waiting on this.
Speaker 2: Your overall thoughts on the first episode.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're doing that already. I don't know how I feel about this first episode. To be honest with you, I didn't hate it. It was kind of entertaining, but it also felt like it didn't really feel like euphoria. It felt like kind of gimmicky for some reason. I don't know what it was, Mane, I just got to get back into this world. Like I said, I didn't not enjoy the episode, but it still didn't feel like what I had been watching the previous two seasons.
Speaker 4: Brod, Do you feel the same as far as like anticipation for the new season and your thoughts overall on the first episode of the new season.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, this has always been one of my one of my favorite shows, you know, based on one and two, and I don't know, I don't know if anticipation was the same because I've been Citney Sweeny has been bothering me, so it's kind of that that alone just kind of brought the hype down for me. Like I haven't even seen like her last two movies because.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I didn't hear you got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Sidney Sweeny and like her her stuff, like it really affected affected me. But but nah, man, I feel what Spike is saying. But I think once I it didn't didn't necessarily feel like it at first, but yeah, as it got deeper into it, Yeah, it started feeling like euphor yeah and nah, I really I really enjoyed this first episode.
Speaker 4: Mike Nick, talk to me, man, you you've had a lot to say about the series is day one, even on and off camera.
Speaker 2: What were your thoughts after watching the first episode of the third season.
Speaker 5: My, my, my thoughts are I feel like I could have done an hour discussion about this by myself, and not in a good way. I'm a spike this This does not at all feel like euphoria. I I'll get into some of the details of why as we talk, but the main thing is this to me, for those of you that are my age that grew up with Save by the Bell, this felt like when those motherfuckers went to college and goes to the beach. That was before they went to college bike But that ship was bad too. You talked about mister Creasy and his thought. No, that shit was trash too. But when they win, Zach, Slater, Kelly and Screech went to college and it was like, what the fuck is this? Like, this is not Stayed by the Bell. This is some bullshit. These motherfuckers should have stayed in high school. The lighting was trash, the cinematography was trash. The acting was trash, the dialogue was trash. Bro I was sitting here like, what is happening right now? But before I disappoint Rod too much, I do agree with him that it was still a bit entertaining. And what I'm hoping will happen is after this episode it will start to feel more like euphoria. But I do have a feeling as to why it doesn't feel like euphoria. But I feel like I've been talking long enough, so I will go back to my bagel.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 4: The line has been said already. What are your thoughts on this episode and you for in general? If you want to throw that.
Speaker 6: In, well, I think we are definitely at that point where it needs to end. And I enjoyed the episode. I do understand some of the feelings had towards it. But I walked in with negative expectations because when we were recording yesterday, you know, people were reviewed I guess review bombing or they're saying it was bad, and Mike agrees with them. But know how to have a lot of high expectations walking in you don't know me, and and halfway through all I kept like looking at and analyzing and thinking about was like, man, we've come a long way from when we were first introduced to them. They can't stand in high school, which you know, I know you're not saying that, Mike, Well, I don't think that, but you know, they have to grow up because they're all grown so at some point they do have to move on. And I was adjusting to like where they are in life, what they're doing in life now, and seeing these these new adventures they're going to go through or this mess that they're going to go through. But watching it, it made sense why this has to be the last season because to Mike's point, there's not a lot they can do outside of high school. Like the premise of the whole show was baked from the gredients them in high school. So this, to me feels like we just need to wrap this up and we need to tell a story and reach a conclusion because a lot has changed. I mean, everybody's like running off and doing all kinds of other stuff right now. But when it was all said and done, like, Zendia's a motherfucking trip, bro. She is a goddamn mess, and I was thoroughly entertained by her as the show.
Speaker 1: Went on.
Speaker 4: I'll say this, It wasn't a bad watch, it wasn't a horrible episode. But I think what people have with certain expectations, or at least a certain level of expectation, when it comes to the quality of the episode, the quality of storytelling, because when I look back at the first two seasons, they even threw a couple specials in between seasons just to tell y'all we are so on top of this world. We can give you an a then Ali just going back and forth for about an hour, and it'd be fired in a diner. You know what I'm saying. You go from that to this episode. This made me realize, this is kind of like, you know, old man trying to go back to the club. It's like your moves that used to work ain't really working right now for as much as it used to. So I think I agree with Ken, like this has to be the last episode. But it's mostly because we're talking about legit movie stars trying to play a TV show that they are using on their resume for other shit. They're not trying to come back to the U four your world themselves as actors. At least that's what I'm seeing because it seems it took so long for us to even get to this point of a series that probably should have ended last season. And I just feel like, yeah, I think if they ended of the season two and they walked away, I think it'd have been fine. I don't think no one was begging for, like, you left the show such such a cliffhanger that we got to come back, especially when you come back and you see this episode.
Speaker 6: I was asking myself while I was watching. I was like, Man, did they even really want to do this shit? Or did they just go back because they're contractually obligated and just want to finish it.
Speaker 5: That seems pretty clear that that's what it was like they felt like that, but the script was not good and and Spike kind of a alluded to this. I haven't watched Industry, but when the first season of Euphoria came out, everybody was trying to copy that fucking look that dark with the purple and the all the cool lights, and it was the whole show was very moody and atmospheric. And I just went back and rewatched the first two seasons Nick, and you can see the crack start the show. In that second season. I don't remember if I if I thought that way when we reviewed it, but when you go back, it's like, wait a minute. That first season was so dark and serious, and in the second season it's like, why are you throwing these fucking threes company jokes in here?
Speaker 2: Like what the fuck is? This is weird?
Speaker 5: And then when it ended, it was like, I agree with whoever said we didn't really need a third season, because it was like, well that third sea that second season kind of just ended, and it did leave some cliffhangers, but they weren't strong cliffhangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, But I will I will say this real quick.
Speaker 5: This is the reason why I feel the way I feel about this season so far is I think I told y'all before and don't say her name please because I'm not going to, but I dated this girl who claimed she went to high school with Sam Levinson and that the stories that Sam Levinston was was telling in the first season, they were the stories of her and her friends. Sam wasn't a part of their clique, and she claimed he just took their stories and just retold them without their permission. Watching this fucking season, I believe her because once he ran out of stories about high school. He's done. We got rude fucking driving a truck over a big ass fucking wall. Bro, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: My thing is?
Speaker 2: My thing is, because we're gonna get to my thing is. I'm hoping.
Speaker 4: I'm praying this is the worst episode of the season because to me, it's like you really can only go up because the talent that we're talking about, like we as we go into we start off this season five years later after the end of the season two.
Speaker 2: With Rules and Ranch or pupamonga.
Speaker 3: Real quick, real quick, real quick? Is this recording?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I usually see the lot the run time somewhere and up the left. Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm on. I'm on an iPad. I didn't see it, so I just want to make sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we get on somewhere.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we see that rules in Mexico, and this is five years after high school. Like I mentioned, it's trying. I don't know what she's doing, but she tells us what she's doing later on. But she's trying to get a car over the wall for like at least five minutes and then they're busted their ass doing it.
Speaker 2: Mike, I was starting with you.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on how we started off this episode and where we found rude.
Speaker 5: I was only bothered by this, damn ron, Can I elaborate a little fish.
Speaker 2: Material?
Speaker 5: I was only bothered by the then once this show ended, Once the episode ended. When it started, I was like, this sounded like some dumb ass Rue got high and did some stupid shit. But once we realized that that's not really what it is, that this is kind of moderately sober Rue doing stupid shit, I was just like, all right, and this is.
Speaker 2: Five years later.
Speaker 5: It made me retroactively think this scene is stupid as fuck. So it's a mixed bag for me right now because it was just like, maybe I missed it. Did they say why she couldn't just drive?
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 2: Why did you have over the wall?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's like I don't remember when you stop.
Speaker 5: Damn h I don't remember if I saw that part, I must have missed it.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 5: Understand why she couldn't just drive over the border because she had a passport.
Speaker 1: So what did I miss I'm trying to smuggle the drugs in the suitcase. She had drugs in that suitcase, so.
Speaker 5: Her bright idea was to get these big fucking beams and drive over like I can suspend a lot of ship, y'all.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 5: Was, y'all missing the point. The point is not a single fucking Border Patrol agent drove by and saw this fool driving a fucking truck over a wall. And I want to hear because I can already see by Ken's face and Rod's face they about to They're about to fucking explain this bullshit here.
Speaker 3: He smugglers. So smugglers used to try to drive over the wall like they need to get stuck. So, yeah, that that's a real thing. That's a real thing that they do.
Speaker 5: Nick, I'm about to google this ship right now.
Speaker 3: Google it. I was doing my trucks.
Speaker 2: Over the wall.
Speaker 5: If that's the case, we.
Speaker 3: Should have been used to get stuck, and they used to get stuck. They tried to smuggle, smuggle drugs. It's a real thing, So google it.
Speaker 1: Well, Rod, you watched this and you was like, this is normal. Yeah, I've heard it right. You said that.
Speaker 3: I mean, because I mean the mumfulers create tunnels and all kinds of stuff with lights and conditioners.
Speaker 5: Rob, you know, the tunnel makes more sense than them driving the truck over in the lighting system. That makes more sense. That's more belie over the wall.
Speaker 3: That it wasn't that outlandish. Go ahead, my boy.
Speaker 4: I was gonna bring up the fact that, especially how the show opened up with the title card and everything, it felt very wildly coyote cartoonish, Like I thought this was like them just premiered, like how cartoonish to myic's point, maybe that when you're on drugs with the goofy shit you do. But it was also just kind of like we spent out of time because I'm trying to figure out that she actually go get this fucker over, and then it didn't go and she just left it, and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what, she gonna get it down?
Speaker 5: Whose idea? Y'all said it wasn't her? Bright idea? Whose idea was it? Let's start there?
Speaker 3: So so when so it was a guy on a motorbike before putting the ramp up on the other side, you missed that part.
Speaker 2: No, I saw that part.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying to drive the truck over the wall, whose idea was that?
Speaker 2: Since y'all said it wasn't hers.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's it's probably a way that either she's done it before or somebody told her to do it that way, which is.
Speaker 5: Why Laura both jumped out and was like, it wasn't her idea.
Speaker 2: So y'all know.
Speaker 3: She didn't come up with no way.
Speaker 6: There's no way she thought about putting a ramp rule. Is not that smart?
Speaker 5: That wasn't that's the problem. That was smart, and I just google it. It's that it's that people attempted it. Spike it said a month attempted it and got stuck. So to Rob about you do this all the time, that's not true, but we all knew that wasn't true. You won't make it fit. You don't make it fit your narrative. I know the truth. My narrative.
Speaker 2: Was there, and they ded they I was just.
Speaker 5: Trying to that's that's not common knowledge.
Speaker 2: Since drive over broke, y'all didn't think that made sense?
Speaker 5: Does that make sense? She got stuck?
Speaker 1: It don't make sense if you if you.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Actually thought that.
Speaker 6: The cartel of whomever she's working for, and I'm adding a lot of ship, but I have to because they didn't give it to us, but nearly they they did the research on the areas that are less patrolled, and they decided that the one way to get over the wall was to create and put these ramps over there, and the drive over the wall. I mean, when I saw it, it made sense to me. Whether she made it to the senseful or not, that's I think that's irrelevant. But I think the idea of driving over the wall, and you know, it made sense. I think the issue she had was what they didn't think about was making sure they had a fucking four wheeler.
Speaker 5: Let me take the reason it doesn't make sense, and it's not irrelevant that it didn't work, is because she's working for Laurie, who is an established drug smuggler and drug trafficker.
Speaker 2: So you're a very noo.
Speaker 5: You don't just smuggle the drugs from one state to the next, you smuggle them from Mexico year. She's a smug No go ahead, can you What are you saying?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: What I what I was meaning is that I think that the idea to do that came from the people over in mexicool the cartel, because they were the ones that probably had to deal with that more than.
Speaker 5: Her, right, So that's what I'm saying doesn't make any sense. If Laurie is an established smuggler and drug dealer, she would already have a plan set up for this. So this doesn't really make any sense that Rue would even try something this fucking stupid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not if that's how they've done it before in the past. Just got stuck we have you know, I know it seems illogical, but and I'm adding stuff.
Speaker 1: Rob maybe added stuff too.
Speaker 6: You can speak for himself, but in my mind, this has worked before.
Speaker 1: It just didn't work for Ruth.
Speaker 3: It just didn't work for Ruthe So so yeah, that was it. And I like, and you know, I like show like, no, you can't get stuck and you do these four wheel drive.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I thought, if she had all.
Speaker 3: Drive, Yeah, that's the first thing I thought, you know, I say, in the front wheel roll.
Speaker 6: But yeah, because Rob, I was like, oh, she just needs to lean forward a little bit and then she'll be fine. Then when she leaned forward, but then we saw the back wheel spind, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, ship, she fucked. There's no way.
Speaker 3: It didn't hit for something.
Speaker 1: Didn't hit for some four wheel drive when you said anyway, because the undercarriage got thank you. Didn't matter.
Speaker 5: It didn't matter, but were driving. The undercarriage was stuck, but y'all should stay square. I can't believe it case No.
Speaker 1: D would have worked.
Speaker 3: It would not have worked.
Speaker 5: The undercarriage was stuck.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't have worked if she had, but you also had.
Speaker 6: You also had the uh, the downward moment work that you don't have from the front will drive.
Speaker 5: No, it's not gonna because the middle was stuck. Why would it pull touching the ramp? Y'all not making it.
Speaker 6: Because you're gonna have forest pulling it downward from the wheels moving.
Speaker 5: It's not touching the rams, So how would it pull anything?
Speaker 1: No, Mike, if it did touch the ramp, what they're saying is still untrue because it was stuck to the undercarriage and the fits were drive wouldn't have pulled that for I know, but I'm just saying fulward drive wouldn't have pulled that forward.
Speaker 5: It would have still been stuck. Rod's point the motherfucker that they that they tried this, that they took the story from it didn't work. He got stuck to them.
Speaker 7: Even arguing that ship don't make no sense, which is why we're gonna move on to the family that we see Rules link up with after being stuck on the fence, Ken, what did you think of this?
Speaker 4: Uh, this Christian family that was kind enough to you know, sold rusome hospitality.
Speaker 6: It ended up being a moment for her. I mean, you saw rue as a way of kind of getting her way in and out of situations, and I think this was just her just kind of utilizing that as a means to move forward. But obviously it was meant for what happened towards the end of the show. So at the time I didn't really think much of it. When it happened, the.
Speaker 3: Only thing I thought about it was that I think that that one Daisy is gonna get turned out. That's the that's the first thing.
Speaker 5: You know, the car, I think the same thing.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, they're gonna get her.
Speaker 5: Yep, they get she said. She was curious, like, no, it's because she's in the I thought that Rod was going this because she's an established actress. I've seen her and ship.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: The last time you go to see her.
Speaker 5: No, No, she's gonna come back around.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She definitely think got around.
Speaker 1: I didn't have any initial thoughts about it, but at the end when she was well later wrong, I kind of think that this Mad season is like a dream sequence. And I hope I'm wrong. Oh I do too. I hope they don't do this, but just the random different stuff that happened like it made me think at the end, like this day, at the end of this series, they're gonna be like it was a dream sequence and she gonna wake back up. I hope they don't do that, but that's what this that made me think.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's something that would have happened in like the early two thousand drama. I think for this one, what you're probably feeling is that they throwing a lot of shit against the wall together.
Speaker 1: And that's what made me think that, you understand, Yeah, that's exactly dream and some ship.
Speaker 4: Man and luckily they got Luckily, they got the best actors of their generations in this random ass contract that keeps some time to tell them any kind of story they want to tell, because I promise you, if it wasn't for Jacob Sidney and there, they would have been said.
Speaker 2: Hell no, I ain't no.
Speaker 4: Season three but because you got all three of them right now on the in the prime of their careers, just like, oh yeah, they could all be farting in the room for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Put that on HBO.
Speaker 3: But I thought, I mean, did you say that on purpose? Was that? Was that on purpose?
Speaker 2: The farting thing?
Speaker 3: He literally was.
Speaker 5: He said, she's about to blow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, like what once she.
Speaker 4: Found out that what rule is as a drug mule because she old Laurid. But first of all, I love Laurid as a character because she just talked like she talked like the kind in the world doing the most dangerous thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Forty three million dollars.
Speaker 2: Forty million dollars, say, I'll take a hundred.
Speaker 1: Though I'm sure you don't have that either.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure you don't have that either.
Speaker 5: I think I want to take a hundred K cash over forty three dollars.
Speaker 2: They gotta fight, But.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just felt like I didn't really get this y'all saying that we're probably gonna see this character again. I thought it was just an interesting thing of how rude gets through from Mexico to Texas. You don't get to get back to Cali as a drug meal. But I don't really care to be in that world much longer. Outside of her being cool with the people that helped her push the truck out of the ditch, and she was always shouting them out when she was here.
Speaker 2: Outside of that, I don't really give a fuck about this.
Speaker 4: I was trying to see, like how this connects back to what we we know and love, and that's when we find out again.
Speaker 2: We find out that she's a drug meal to work off her debt. Mike, where do you feel like have we seen the last of Laurie?
Speaker 4: Was that just like literally this episode to push us to another spot, or do you think we're still going to be dealing with Rue Laurie and her debt?
Speaker 5: No, Laurie is definitely not gone. First of all, she's still mad as shit that Rue got her fucking truck stuck on that fucking walk with that stupid ass plan, So she still owes her money for that now, on top of the one hundred k she owes her for the drugs and rules over here trying to quit and go work for the other dude, which will fucking get to that terrible story too. But no, Laurie. What'd you say, Rob, his name is Almo Alamo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the guy from Lost in this Fike yep from he from oz too.
Speaker 5: Oh right, right, right, right, right right right. But yeah, no, Laurie is definitely gonna be a big thing because I think that's gonna start a drug war between Alamo and Laurie.
Speaker 1: But he's in the pussy business, Mike, he was drugs.
Speaker 5: Well, you're right right, They're not gonna be a drug war, but it's gonna be some kind of con be between them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like she said she made at least a dozen troops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, two years.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like she's now doing this because she just works for it, like drug me. I'm assuming make up by ten grand of troops, twelve troops that's lined in twenty thousand dollars behind the MA.
Speaker 5: Didn't know that. That's not think that's fat and Rod got the fastday, Rob bro.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got that something. I don't know the price of music. I did not actually is that what they lay twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: It's about ten days trup that that's what I heard that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that that's what we heard heard.
Speaker 3: Take that back. I wouldn't put that on record nowhere heard you know what I'm saying. It's going for the no.
Speaker 1: Who you around? I think I've seen it on it. I think I seen it on the documentary, right.
Speaker 5: It was a documentary there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I feel like she is basically scratching the surface on how much she oh lord Like, I think even doing twelve runs just proves that she's consistent and loyal.
Speaker 5: I don't think it means as far as how much she's cut down on her debt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said she end up Yeah, so I think you might be right. Spike the debt. It's probably paid off, but she's still just making money from it, right, Like, because she said she ended up being her top mule or whatnot. So I think she's just in this life. It's been her lifestyle for the last two years, so she may be just still working at that. And that's why she said, it's like, you know, it's working hell like, you know, it's like hell on earth doing it.
Speaker 8: But I don't know, hm hmm yeat the detailed scenes and tied to it, the detailed scenes they had about like how to be a drug meal and all the ship that you gotta do that problem like that.
Speaker 2: That was a.
Speaker 4: I think to lose a point about his past watching certain documentaries that gave a real documentary feel about like this.
Speaker 2: Is the real life version of that. It ain't sweet nigga, Like you see the.
Speaker 4: Girl that passed out or died in the middle of the airport or whatever the train station, Like I got it.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Incriminated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the part that was intriguing to me about everything, all of that, because I felt like they pulled it from some sort of source material. So every day from the from the band too, from the truck to you know, the ball, the the plastic wraps and how they can but you know, how they can make you die. All that, I feel like they pulled it from actual source material. So that's why I said, I don't know, I liked it. I liked it because that's very you know, obviously, it's a very prevalent thing, you know when it comes to young adults, teenagers or whatever. So that's what I really like about you for it. I think they stayed true to that. So when I was saying like it didn't feel like it at first until I really started thinking about it. They've always been true to the life of teenagers going into young adults, and I think that's a very important dialogue to tell in cinema slash TV. It's very impactful. We see it with that end and everything that we do. Our main demographic at one point is eighteen to twenty four twenty five, so I think that's a targeted demographic to speak to, and I feel like they do that in several different ways that we'll should we do to as we would do this from.
Speaker 9: If you would love to have more content from frames per Second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discussed. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com. Forward slash frames per Second.
Speaker 4: Ken, what did you think about LORI coming back into the storyline with rule all her money and shit.
Speaker 6: She had to you know, I think we left off with her in that situation and she was in so they had to bring her back, and you know, it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a way to give them a way to move this story forward. So yeah, it makes sense for her to pop up because well, you know, when I watched The Rica, I was like, oh yeah, she said, I gotta deal with that situation.
Speaker 1: So it did surprise me.
Speaker 4: Mh, they might is this smart for Ru to do her ship with Faye and try to rob Laurd because it was wasn't they talking a little bit about like, oh don't this nigga got a safe and he got a hell of money that he's been saving, so obviously, you know, and she was like, I think what Bruce said, you got the cold nigga?
Speaker 3: She said, you got a key. I'm sure that loose.
Speaker 5: I guess I need to understand if Ru is relapsed, because if she's not, then this is all just really really stupid to me because we saw that when Rue was actually not on drugs, she was a sweet, smart, empathetic person and unless she's high, then they are just like miswriting her character because teaming up with Faye, who does not even remotely give us the impression of being remotely smart to do this. I don't really get it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: If A is just working for Laurie, just like Rue, then it makes sense. But setting up this plan to be like, all right, we're gonna try to rob what of Laurie's people? I feel like only Hi Rue would be like, yeah, that's a good that's a good plan.
Speaker 1: What about I thought smart though, when she almost no, that wasn't her, that was her. Man that almost locked up.
Speaker 5: He tried to tell Fees not to say anything so he didn't get busted. Like she doesn't really come off as street smart, books, smart brain, smart feet, smart, knows nothing. She just comes off as as real tom So I don't know, man, like this is this is another one of those things where it was just like like y'all said, they just throwing ship at the walls, like all right, yeah, Like people liked Fae. She's funny and the way she talks real slow. Let's put her in this. It wasn't entertainment. When she said that I called up a friend.
Speaker 4: I was wonder like, who's gonna pick up the category?
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 5: I thought it was gonna be the dude, the I forget his name, the guy that played the guitar. She was kind of dating the guy that she had like a little crush on and they ended up sucking jewel. I thought it was gonna be him. I don't care to see Faye again. I mean, face cool, but not this much of Fae. But I guess the whole farting and shitting herself that wouldn't have worked with the dude. I guess that worked with Faye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I liked her, but I know I did last season. She was cool, I like, I liked her, her commentary and her the edition of her last season, So now I was. I was happy to see her again.
Speaker 5: But do you think it made such to enroll her for this kind of plan?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I do, because I think this is her type, her type of this is her type of fuckery. I think this is absolutely That's why I said I knew it was gonna be her. This seemed like something that she would do.
Speaker 1: I thought it made sense out of desperation, I think rules in a really desperate place. But I do agree with your premise Mic in the sense of why because you've been doing the drug running for a while now, so your dick kind of should be paid off. You're not on drugs, why is why are you in such a desperate place? Like rule ain't dumb, she can figure shit out. So to settle for being an uber driver and a drug mule, it just seems kind of miswriting her character. To Mike's point, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think when you're in this when when he in a certain game, whether that's drugs or whether that's what they're doing, when I think, you just kind of get stuck and and I feel that's where she is if her debt isn't paid off. I think, like I said, I think because she's been doing it for so long now, what what else would she do to get by at this point, which is why she's looking for a way out now.
Speaker 4: This scene, besides that point that Rod brought up, it made me not ever want to have spaghetti for a long time.
Speaker 5: That's ship that ended that ship together.
Speaker 2: I was like a good minute.
Speaker 4: But we we moved forward and see that Rue is still connected from some people from high school, especially people like Lexi, who we see is now working quote unquote in the industry of Hollywood, and a counterpart to her is Maddie, who's also introduced in this season as well. Ken, what was your thoughts on seeing lexigetting she's at her career also with Maddie.
Speaker 6: This wasn't all the interesting, you know, I think seeing they're sort of well, no, I'm thinking about her sister never mind. But no, it wasn't all that interesting, you know, I kinda, I kind of.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have to know what they're doing.
Speaker 6: It's been five years, so we have to see what they're doing in their lives now.
Speaker 1: How or what it would do.
Speaker 6: To the story later on, I don't know, or it's probably just going to be around just kind of field space. But no, nothing, nothing much out of this in this first episode.
Speaker 3: For me, I didn't mind it. Oh sorry, go ahead, ron I said, I didn't mind it. I really liked to performance in the last season. I like how they focused on her, so it was just to carry over from that. It's good to see her in her like producer bag and that she's kind of following out you know, her dreams or whatnot. So that was cool to see. I'll be curious to see if they're going to do anything with it. They seem like they're trying to. I know, one of y'all ripes is like, it's look like it's all over the place. But I think this is all set up. I think we got to re establish who they are, where they are in life, and so I gave them grace for that, you know what I'm saying. So for me, it didn't feel all over the place. It felt like, Okay, we're just re establishing where everybody is in life right now.
Speaker 2: Mike, did you give a fuck about this?
Speaker 5: I didn't really give a fuck about it, But I do agree with Rod. I mean, I think it's a little I think it's a little unfair to say that it's it's all over the place. I don't know who said that, but uh, yeah, it's a set up episode, so yeah, it would be it would be a little unfair to judge this episode in that kind of way. But I'm also with Ken. I didn't really care. I didn't really care about what Lexi was up to. Like that.
Speaker 2: It did, but it didn't. It didn't irk me. Some of the other ship.
Speaker 5: That they did that will get to fucking irk me. But catching up with Maddie, catching up with Lexi. He was like, all right, Like Rod said, it makes sense that Lexi went in this direction to stay in the filmmaker kind of area. And it kind of makes sense that Maddie went in that direction because she was kind of doing that at the end of the last season when she was working with that rich woman. So yeah, that was fine.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 4: Did you like how they mentioned says and but like he's still alive in the show.
Speaker 5: Man that that was tough. I get why he did it. Who got the over the Border music? Trying to drop that.
Speaker 1: Wonderful?
Speaker 5: It's kind of like some fucking it sounds like some Mariachi shit. Oh all right, I forgot.
Speaker 2: What I was even saying. I forgot you talk about and how they Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: You know, everybody loved him, Angus Cloud as a person, so I get that they kind of don't want to kill him off. I get this whole like metaphorical keeping him alive kind of thing. I get it.
Speaker 2: Now, what are you going to do with it?
Speaker 5: I guess there's not really much you can do with it because he's passed. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought it was tasteful. I liked it, you know, what I'm saying, because they normally were trying to kill off somebody that has passed in real life. So I liked it. They found a way to make it still relevant to the to the story. You know, he got thirty years, that's basically a life sentence or whatever. So so yeah, I liked it. I liked that they did it that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's closure within the story. So yeah, I'm with you. It was it was like, dang man, because I was wondering what they're gonna do, like how they were going to explain it.
Speaker 1: But I think this works. This, this is gonna work.
Speaker 6: And I, you know, I'm okay if they just kind of let it stop here.
Speaker 1: You know, and they don't really bring it up, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Immediately. And they did that immediately because we know they had like a love tist there, so that they used the first episode to just kind of nip that in the butt.
Speaker 5: But I guess that's what's gonna make it kind of feel weird, is the way the way Lexi was was so into him. She saw him be violent, she saw him try to beat Nate to death, and after this happened, it's like, Okay, this is what makes you just be like, all right, I'm cutting the cord. I'm not gonna talk to him anymore. I don't know, but it's not a gripe. It's not a gripe. It's just, you know, I think it's I think it is tasteful. I think it does work, but it does raise a couple of questions for me, that's all.
Speaker 1: It's not a gripe for me either, But I didn't like it. I'm on the uppersite side of you, guys because to what Micha was saying, like you can't go anywhere with it, like there's nothing, like there's not a phone call that can happen, Like, I don't even I think killing him off would have been the correct thing to do in a well written show, because you're writing yourself into a corner. I feel like seeing he got thirty years in her like kind of braiding.
Speaker 5: What's her name, what's the real name, Lexi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was kind of braiding Lexi into like, oh, you should call him, you should call him, should call him like that literally can't go anywhere. There's nowhere that they can go with that dialogue or storyline because he's passed. So that's the reason that I didn't like it. I do agree with you, guys. I think it was tasteful because I love the character as well, and I'm sure they're trying to pay homage to him. I get that, but just from a storytelling standpoint, I didn't like it at all. And to Lexi's things that you asked, Nick, I like this. I think Lexi is like the moral compass of the show. So I like to see her doing the thing that she's really good at. And then even later on when she gave me advice to the lady who was prestigious in the field and it worked and her getting attention from it. I think it was a great play off of that. Last season's Oklahoma showed that she put on and how good she was at her job. So I was interested in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they could get away with a spike with a voice actor or I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing, and that's what made it and I was like.
Speaker 5: With that, No, I would feel about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think. Yeah, the only thing I could think. I'm just saying they could do it.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying they could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rob, the only thing I'm thinking of is like if they do some goofy a ship where like it is a phone call, but you don't hear him. You just hear her see her face reacting to talking to him, and some shit. That's something that worked. Outside of that, they could they made and this may be distasteful. They may kill him in jail, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like Mike, they said nothing like they always wanted.
Speaker 4: They said nothing like he always wanted to talk to her, and then like when the time that she wants to make for him, she finds out he did.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying that that kind.
Speaker 3: Of I think that.
Speaker 1: I think the best way to do this was just he's in jail, like people for Unfortunately, people forget about people in jail all the time, and this is five years later. I feel like they could have just moved on and I said anything. To be honest, I think that would have been the best way to handle it. I think people would have been mad if they didn't say anything at all. Yeah, I could see that too, especially when you put.
Speaker 4: The I think that my episode started off with the in memory of the guy play Dad.
Speaker 2: So if you were doing the memory of you gonna at least acknowledge this why.
Speaker 1: They didn't do him they did or they did too. I think I think he's they did. They did Nates Dad, but they didn't do I thought it said, I want, I want to see the next days Eric Dane. I think, yeah, Eric Dane's loving memory of Eric Dane. They didn't do it for the other guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm wrong. I thought I saw the fans passed after.
Speaker 3: After the season was over.
Speaker 5: He died afore Eric Dane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so yeah, so maybe they might have did it on season two, like at the end in memory of him.
Speaker 5: It wasn't that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he died in this long ass gap a time.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: The Sam Levinson said that he intentionally kept as alive because he wanted to keep Angus Cloud clean.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: So he died in between season two and three mm hm in between, yes, in between seasons.
Speaker 3: We're in three now.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, he died before. He died lay before season three even came out. He died after the for This.
Speaker 3: New One started after Got You, so after that, after the lot.
Speaker 1: Yes, so by the time he.
Speaker 3: Did the special series, he was gone.
Speaker 5: No, the special series was between one and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really that was it.
Speaker 5: They came out early, they came here, they came out early, remember mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can give a damn about Maddie, but we can get to her.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll see how she develops later.
Speaker 3: Do Maddie's dope? Do dope in the show like it just had Again, it's just set up, That's what I'm saying. Maddy's going to be dope.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with Again, I'm fine with her character growing. But Rob, I'm trying to get to your favorite character. When it's Cassie and Nate.
Speaker 3: Rob, let's be day. Man. I don't have no beef with the characters. I definitely don't have beef with Nate. I mean, Nate's dope as an actor. I told you it was just it was just the stuff you know that came out about you know, about Sydney. That's kind of been a turn off for me. But I felt like it was fine here Again. I like the I like the commentary, man, I mean it's this only fans thing is so big, Instagram is so big, and you have you have these teenage teenagers going into young adults. That's very impressionable and think this this is a quick way to make money. So I like that they're tackling that. I like that they're they're like, oh, yeah, you run this big company that your dad had, but look I could I could make more than you just just posting my feet, you know what I'm saying. So I like that they're having that commentary, and I think I think her character is a perfect person to have that with.
Speaker 2: She wasn't trying to post her feed righte.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a foot, But you know what they didn't showing though, Like I thought that was interesting because.
Speaker 5: He ain't seen the pictures.
Speaker 1: They gonna show it. Brother showed it to Mike yesterday show.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying or not. I'm sure they are. I'm just saying they ain't jump off the gate.
Speaker 10: Preview at the shot you too, like one of the critics that was just there.
Speaker 1: Everybody coming down. I like, I agree with Rod. I like this commentary between Nate and her, Like it was a very realistic today conversation, I feel like. And I like how he putting Tennis slow walk the dog and he was like, so you're a prostitute.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: That was really good.
Speaker 5: But I never heard that stuff. You can't.
Speaker 2: Why would you ever say that?
Speaker 1: Say what.
Speaker 5: Nobody says that people do say slow walk the dog. Nobody said.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 3: So I like, it's not a thing. It's not a thing.
Speaker 2: It's not a thing at all.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I like this scene, man, I like the whole back and forth between her and him, and like just establishing that perfect setup as y'a were talking about earlier for what we'll probably see throughout the rest of the season, and then even him conceding later on and being like just don't show your face or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Ken was. Was Cassie right or wrong?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: I feel like he should have had the held the line.
Speaker 1: He was just in a very tough spot because he didn't had the money.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't reason that he holds on line.
Speaker 6: I agree. I'm surprised that he didn't. But you know, I think these two have always been toxic. So now we're seeing them kind of go back and forth where you know, he's talking down on her and she's like threatening him with not getting married, and you know, he conceded to what she wanted to do. But fifty thousand dollars for some floors is fucking insane. Like I just would have been like, well, we're just not getting fucking married, you know. But but nevertheless, that's not these characters in their relationship. So but I think just being reintroduced to Cassie it was weird, man, because you know, since the show she's they've there have been conversation of her like trying not to be as sexualized as she you know, as she is in movies.
Speaker 1: So for them to turn around.
Speaker 6: And and do this to her in addition to all the other conversations taking place, I was like, oh, now she's being kind of reduced to this sort of like role and imagery again. But I also had to remember this is her character in the show as well, so you know, it took some kind of readjusting to like this whole thing that's going on with Euphoria, especially given like what they've been doing since we've all been introduced to them.
Speaker 1: Can that little dog outfit was nothing. I'm telling you, that was the iceberg for what they got coming.
Speaker 6: It's just like it was just like, bro, y'all serious, are y'all really doing this now with her?
Speaker 1: But you know, and then I wonder. I was like, man, how.
Speaker 6: Does she feel about this? Because I think she's had a commentary about that as well. Anyway, that was that, but this this is her, This is this is Cassie, So it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I like when he was like a thousand dollars for some flowers, it's fine, two thousand, three thousand, five thousand, I got a problem with it, But fucking fifty thousand dollars. I feel like every man would say that, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, unless they absolutely got it, like you know, unless like yeah, yeah, but he we saw he's full of shit. Like he had them motherfuckers out there doing nothing. They were just moving dirt from one side of the room, one side of the area to the next. They weren't working, but he was like, yeah, they got some of the best work. They've been out here all day.
Speaker 1: No, they hadn't.
Speaker 6: He just told him to go out there and started working. And they sit out there looking like they're doing some shit.
Speaker 1: They ain't built shit.
Speaker 5: I think something different from that scene. I I agree, I agree with like eighty percent with Ken, but I think I think that they were there trying to set up the girl Boss with Cassie.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 5: The previous Cassie would have been like, yeah, I want flowers and they're fifty thousand dollars and Nate would say no and she would cry, but she would let it go. Now, I know we're five years later and maybe they've matured. But quick aside, I don't know who this Nate is. This does not feel like Nate at all. He's not acting like Nate. He doesn't talk like Nate, he doesn't emote like Nate. This is weird, but put that to the side. But with Cassie, I agree with you, Kim that they're kind of going back to that sexualizing thing, but I think they're removing the stupidity element from it. So now they're gonna put it like, oh well, she's the one saving the relationship. Nate thinks he's making all the money and bringing home the bacon, but watch out, now, Cassie is going to go out here and make double what he makes. Hashtag girl boss. That's what I think they're setting up.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your point about Nate, I felt the same way. I thought that they were writing the dialogue and he was emoting his dad. Yeah, like it felt like he was trying to act like Eric Dame's role in those previous seasons, Like it sounded like and the tone was like and me, it was just like, why is he acting like his dad? It was weird.
Speaker 5: Do you all remember who for me was? Do you all remember how menacing Nate was? Yeah, and when he would talk, the way he would say his sentences, it's completely different than how he's singing. Now. Again, this supposed to be five years later. You know, you change, but I it's just felt weird. I didn't think it's.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's what I'm sorry. Yeah, I was just saying I was thinking the same thing Spike was thinking, but not in a bad way. I think I think he's taking on the persona of his dad. They've always shown him just kind of following in the footsteps of his dad, looking at his tapes and just actually just is you know, when they started getting into his story, he's a lot like his dad, And I think if we're five years later, I think he's Yeah, I think he's becoming his dad. That's what I felt. Because I'm with y'all, it didn't feel like the Nate we felt in high school. Yeah, I think he is his dad right now, he's taking on that persona.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing that, y'all. I guess I don't want to rewatch it, but I didn't. I didn't see his dad, and his dad is still like, he's still alive. He filmed his scene, so he'll be in the show. So now I'm wondering how that's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Based off I think he's taking over the Yeah, that's what I felt that. That's the only thing that made sense to me, because I'm with y'all, he did not feel like Nate. He feels like he's matured a little bit and is now like that look that that calm, just but still kind of kind of crazy like his dad was. I think that's I think that's his persona.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in the storyline because I do agree with you, Mike.
Speaker 4: I think they are and cassieum to be like the start of her empire or whatever that's about to be, or her attempt at it at least. But I do feel like I'm very interested in Nate because I think he is putting on a huge facade as far as how calm, cool and collective he is now as an adult, and I feel like that crazy nag is still in there and it's just gonna it's going to erupt at the worst time, maybe at the wedding or maybe at a rehearsal them or something like that, where he's just gonna be like, I can't take the ship. You asking for too much ship and you're out here showing your titties for the whole world.
Speaker 2: He don't have a big eruption on that.
Speaker 5: But Lou I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Talk to you because you see how Kim was trying to use new words to distribe.
Speaker 5: How you feel about Cassie. He was like, it's a little distraction. I gotta adjust. No, no, I don't know what that's what we saying.
Speaker 1: Come on, you be, yo, you be.
Speaker 3: But Mike I did like what they said too in the commentator with Rule, she was just like she's out there living her right wing life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Jack, what I was going to say earlier with Lesi, you know the way they were like, letsi's this way, and they made you know, basically a right and left in the show.
Speaker 1: But I realized you were talking about Maddie.
Speaker 6: So I don't know why or what they're doing with that, but or maybe they were referencing Nate.
Speaker 2: No, he's talking about He's talking.
Speaker 3: About Cassie, about Cassie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thought they were talking about them as a couple because of the cyber truck suburban America, like in their own little bubble. Maybe that's what I figured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think they're talking about as a couple. I just thought it was funny, a slight shot, because that that commentary has been around her for the last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's why I don't like it, because now because now they can like try to pretend that it's not real. It's like, oh, we're making the jab because it's not that she was playing a care she was playing are It's like funk out of here man.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Because they had all these rumors that Zenda wouldn't even like be around her and all this other ship. I feel like them playing on that if that was actually true. It's just kind of way.
Speaker 1: And they would have to go back and add that in, wouldn't it. It was a voice been easy to do. It was a voiceover, right, what was the voiceover when she was explaining the right wing lifestyle? Mm hmmm, probably would have been. Yeah, it would probably been easy in production to do.
Speaker 4: Mike, I was gonna get your thoughts on Ali because we get to see him again and he's still being rules sense pretty much.
Speaker 5: I feel like from the trailer that I saw, he's gonna have a.
Speaker 4: Very interesting time this season. What do you think about their relationship? So I don't remember the trailer.
Speaker 5: Anytime Calemen Domingo shows up in anything, I'm on board. But I have to say I was a little disappointed in what they did with his character in this moment. I was like, they they kind of made him sound a little naive the whole conversation they were having about homosexuality in the Bible. I was like, Ali, you sound stupid right now. I can't I can't tell if you're just joking around or if this is supposed to be like sad like, is it satire? I don't know what's happening. But Ru saying like, nah, they don't really fuck with gay people in the Bible, and He's like, well, no, it's just men don't have anything that they don't got a problem with women dating women. I was like, Okay, is this supposed to be a joke or is he really this stupid? Because if he's really this stupid. This goes completely counter to how amazingly intelligent he's been for the past two seasons. So I don't know what to take from this.
Speaker 1: I took it as like he was joking with her.
Speaker 5: I hope.
Speaker 1: So yeah. I took it as he was starting to double down, but go ahead, Spike, I was saying the same thing. I took it as he was doubling down to just I'm dumbing this, not doubling down, but dumbing. I'm dumbing this down to exclude all confusion for you, because this is the best step for you. Like I ain't we ain't even got to get into the gay stuff, or we ain't got to get into what you like. Just just read it, just listen, because it's better than what you're doing right now. So I'm go dumb it all the way down. That's how I took it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I hope.
Speaker 1: So what happened.
Speaker 3: I was just agreeing. That's how I took it as well, Okay.
Speaker 5: And I'm I'm off base then that's that's all I mean.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine him just doing a complete one eighty on his character like that, because he's been given really good advice and so yeah, you know, he's just like, yo, just read it for yourself. You know, there's a lot of misconceptions, people interpretations, misinterpretations, and things like that. So I think that was the overall message that he was trying to convey or whatever he's like. You could read this one said, though, huh.
Speaker 5: That goes counter to what Spike said. So Spike said he was dumbing it down. You're saying he's speaking against misinterpretations. So I'm still confused. Was he speaking against misinterpretations or was he joking? And in reality he does know that Christians don't really fuck with homosexuality. I guess I'm confused by that whole scene.
Speaker 4: And how far you're supposed to take it, basically, Like, I want to know what does he believe?
Speaker 2: Does he actually believe what he's saying or what he was center rule? Okay?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 1: Not believing that? Yeah, okay. And to your point, based off the character that we've been presented with throughout this show, I have no way that I think he believes that. He just dumbing it down because you need an emergence, like you need to joke from the pit, like you need the heart the shark, like you don't matter. I just got to get you back to life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would make more sense to me because due to your point, I'm only giving you grace on that because it's like for him, it's just kind of like he could see her talking herself out of a good idea or right, not necessarily Christianity, but just like doing something different than what she's been doing, something that's going to be a little bit more positive, regardless of how you feel about that as religion. I think he's just like, bro, shut the fuck up and just do it. Don't talk yourself out of it. I don't even like I'm trying to just give you random bullshit answers for you to stop asking questions, because the more questions you're asking, the more you talking to yourself out of it. But at the same time, it was it did feel like he was just I don't know, it felt like he was he was just a little office game that day. Maybe that's what it was, Mike. Not all mentors are.
Speaker 2: They got the game.
Speaker 11: He could have been like, look, niggah, get off the pot.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 5: Ali is never off his game.
Speaker 12: Yoda fucked up to Mike, you know, say, I think that's I'm again I'm chalking this up, and this is the worst episode of the season, It's gonna get better from you.
Speaker 4: So if this is the worst conversation we've seen with Ali this season, like so far this season, I think they're gonna get better.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna have a better.
Speaker 5: If. If you're saying that that this show kicked off a new season after three years with the worst episode of the entire season, that's a terrible game plan.
Speaker 2: Bro, you can only get better.
Speaker 5: Lead I don't think that, To be fair, I really don't.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. It wasn't It wasn't that bad, because.
Speaker 4: Did anybody else have any thoughts on at least said because I was gonna move on to I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't have an issue with it. Honestly, I didn't have an issue with it because he basically just like all that, just read it for yourself, don't listen to me, don't listen to nobody else. You and you interpreted for yourself. It's kind of how I how I took it. I wouldnt you twist and lips up all you know to like that. I liked I like that advice.
Speaker 5: That's not what he said, though.
Speaker 2: At all he did, though, lie to her.
Speaker 5: He lied to her. He absolutely just like he was just like he was just.
Speaker 3: Like, he was like, because what he's saying about about when in fighting or whatever, He's like, but I mean, it's more important things than you know what I'm saying. So there's just like, yo, you don't need to be fucking while we're trying to fight.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was a bad it's a bad day.
Speaker 5: Of Maga being like, look, we don't really fuck with Mexicans, but that doesn't mean we don't like black people.
Speaker 2: Because it was that stupid blogic.
Speaker 5: He told Rue that, look, the Israelites didn't funk with with men fucking men, but they didn't say anything about women. Come on, man, like that's stupid. So that's why I was confused. I was like, is he lying or is he joking? I can't tell.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't hear what he's saying. The men had to keep their focus to fight, that's the why.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. He said that too, right.
Speaker 5: He also said the Bible said, I know, I know, I know, Fike Rod didn't catch Rob like he's on my shot.
Speaker 3: I thought he was you wouldn't side, you would know my side with that man like he was taking like he was making light of the light of the conversation when he's talking about but like like I mean, you know that's yeah.
Speaker 4: Moving onto the to the last part of this episode, we see that Laura needs Rude to make another drop.
Speaker 5: To some weird dudes named Bishop and Alamo Brown.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts Bishop at Alamo.
Speaker 1: I messed with Bishop bro.
Speaker 6: He's that weird sort of guy that's walking around with some bees that he looked like he's gonna whoop the ship out of somebody if they cross the line with with those damn beads. Alamos. Fucking hilarious. But I was really concerned about Rue in this scene. But no, I like him. It'll be interesting to see where they go with it, seeing you know, these black folks come in and bemps and drug dealers and stuff like that. And they described him as a real piece of ship, so it was it was a good introduction. They're very extra and over the top, but but we'll see what what they do with it.
Speaker 1: Is that dude from Power do you remember?
Speaker 5: I was like, where I know him from?
Speaker 1: Okay? I thought this was interesting in the sense of I want they knew it was lace with phantanol obviously, but I wondered, did they do that.
Speaker 5: To similar work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Laurie, is it Laurie. Oh, Laurie knew, Okay, Laurie knew it was La when the people knew her. People knew because he gave I feel like they focused on these weird look to do was giving her as he sent her off with the drugs. So, and you can't Lacy within the whole without knowing. So I'm wondering where they setting grew up or they're expecting her to drop it off and just leave and them not figure it out before she left, or excuse me, until she left.
Speaker 5: You don't think Laurie knew. There's a lag on my side my back. Ken just said something and Spike said something. What happened?
Speaker 6: I said, she was supposed to leave, so you so you're right.
Speaker 5: So they knew.
Speaker 1: But was it a set up though, because if they, they could have tested it when she dropped it off, just like they tested it once to grow od See. I didn't think it was.
Speaker 2: I don't think Laurie.
Speaker 5: I have a feeling that it's not Laurie. It's the other motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dead dude is trying to get out of the game.
Speaker 5: I know he's trying to get out of the game. But that white guy that Rue and and uh Fay were trying to set up, I think it's him, and he probably told the people that are doing the like making the drugs, to cut it with extra fit. I have a feeling Laurie didn't know because Laurie, again, she's a smart smuggler.
Speaker 2: That would be a bad move for her to do something like.
Speaker 1: That, especially in her backyard. So I agree with Okay, that makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's not stupid.
Speaker 5: This would be a stupid thing for them to do, because, just like you said, Spike, a lot of those people test.
Speaker 2: It right there.
Speaker 5: I don't think Laurie would take that chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. That makes so. So it was Ruthe's fault for sticking around. She should have been hidding out of there. And then yeah, okay, so it's it making the pieces of the puzzle fitting together. You know, I do think Be couldn't do what he's trying to get out of the game. He did cut it with fitting all that way, he makes more of a profit. Laurie doesn't know. And then when Laurie does realize he's out of the game and he took his money, he ran okay, that's why he was looking at her like that, all right, So yeah, I like that. All of that adds up to me. It's it's typical rule putting herself in a bad situation where she should have just left, Like you go to a gas station and pete like, there's no like, drop this off and get out of there.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 7: Don't do that little right because you know, you know, for damn sure why she stayed right, No, no.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But even before she asked her use the bathroom, she doesn't see them girls in there.
Speaker 5: This here's what I think, And this is this is a big time reach. But do you remember the last the last season, or maybe it might have been the first season, whenever she was holding her pee mm hmm, and her blidder was fucked up the rest of the season like you had to constantly. I don't know if they're throwing it back to that, but that's the kind of what I thought, that she can't hold her pissed.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. That's a really good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did see them before she went to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: She was in the garage. She just heard them when she went in a you're talking about before She said, I feel like the transaction should have went. You dropped it off.
Speaker 3: He went and got the money, you leave, you go.
Speaker 5: It's somewhere else. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's rude, but I'm kind of with Mike that might it might be playing into that whole bladder issue or whatnot. That. Yeah, not like Old Boy, b Man. He's from that movie She taught love. It's a WHO original series. I don't remember him from Power, but not like old Boy, So I hope he has more of a role in this season.
Speaker 1: The kid played in something else too. I can't remember the due the tested defending. He played in something I just can't play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, yeah, I know you're talking about. But he's still young ship.
Speaker 3: Is that the guard from from that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: The uh, the ones that got charged with the white woman? He's from that. I think I think that means yeah, yeah, think Mike.
Speaker 5: What did you think about Alamo Brown?
Speaker 2: Well, Rod, I don't know if you have your full thoughts.
Speaker 3: Around No, I didn't. Yeah, I don't know if Mike was alluding to that he didn't like him, but I liked him. I like this, uh this new character are introducing, and I like the the conflict that it that it brings because I think you need another big boss to take on Laurie, and if it's any I think this guy seemed like he's a strong enough boss to take on a lord to get out of the game. So I really like the introduction of him. He seems kind of sleazy, but he also seems like a good business man at the same time, very level headed. And I like the moments that came out of this, out of this whole sequence with her, you know, confessing like you know what I'm saying, Like how she you know, wants to be out of it and she feels like God has brought her to this moment like ironically, Yeah, man, I don't know. I like that dialogue she had. I think I think this was the first time she really got that that that active moment that she's known for in this show. Like I felt that I felt the emotion then of her not wanting to be in it and saying hell on Earth and all this type of stuff. Man, So you know she wanted her little slice of heaven. I got emotional with that part quite.
Speaker 1: I mean, he didn't care about any of that ship.
Speaker 3: I feel like he did, though. I feel like it touched him a little bit. I feel like it. I feel like it actually did. But you know, because it was just like you believe in God, because let's see if he believes in you?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I liked him.
Speaker 1: I liked Mike.
Speaker 2: Did you drop a tear?
Speaker 1: Did not?
Speaker 5: Not even remotely. No, I was not eluding my God. I was not alluding to not liking him. I was more so alluding to this ship. Again. Didn't feel like euphoria to me. This felt like every average ass TV show ever made. You know, when they when they introduced people before they were compelling, Like when they introduced Mouse in the in the the previous season, it was like, Okay, this is interesting. This dude is weird, and they introduced him in a dark and kind of atmospheric way where there was like this cloud of intrigue with with Mouse. This dude, he just he's just like.
Speaker 2: A black fucking pimp.
Speaker 5: You just introduced a stereotypical black pimp and he's walking around with his fucking shirt open and he's in his.
Speaker 13: Drawls and oh you one of them gay ones. Huh oh man, he's my man, my man, I like push dues. It's like, what is this?
Speaker 1: He didn't sound like he said like niggas.
Speaker 5: What he said?
Speaker 2: Again, Rod, I'm not saying I don't like him.
Speaker 5: I do like him. I like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know.
Speaker 5: That ship was funny as fun to me that you want girls like Nick's. And she looked at me, she thought, She's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, him.
Speaker 2: You know, it's two things, two things. Mike just said. I'm gonna get back to your point. But what Mike was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't say it in the way Mike said it, but those are the lines. That's why I'm laughing, because he's saying outrageously or like you get boisterous with it.
Speaker 2: It does sound hoofy is him.
Speaker 4: But the other thing about her realized what I realized about you, Rod, is that you make hood things sound poetic and beautiful when.
Speaker 5: You have somebody like Mike explaining what it is.
Speaker 2: Contrast, it's just constracted, contrastic.
Speaker 4: Because the way you described I'm like, damn, maybe I should have rewatched this episode.
Speaker 3: See what.
Speaker 5: I'm like.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: He's like, we waited all this time, y'all gave us some nigga villains. They got Marshal Lynch in the back.
Speaker 3: I knew.
Speaker 1: I knew from the moment he talked George, I said, Marson Lynch d.
Speaker 4: They went straight to nigga villains, like, we're gonna get a weird white girl and an old black pimp.
Speaker 2: Face off?
Speaker 1: Is he a villain?
Speaker 2: Do we know?
Speaker 5: Do we do?
Speaker 1: We think he's gonna be a villain villain?
Speaker 2: But but what said, like, look at Laurie. Look how cool Lauri is.
Speaker 5: Look Out, look out?
Speaker 2: Interesting of a character.
Speaker 5: Laurie is right. And again, even though you had Mouse who was a stereotypical character, the way they introduced him and used them was interesting to me. Then you put Dolomite upping here, and it's like, can you I mean again again, It's only the first episode. It might get more interesting. I'm just saying our first introduction, him meeting rue them vibing over the fact that they both like pussy, and then him and.
Speaker 2: Then her being like hire me, hire me? What are we?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I believe in God? He said, dude, what in the who wrote this? Who wrote this? But I didn't get some fucking high school kids to write this fucking script. The dialogue was awful, and I've never felt that about Euphoria. The dialogue previous this, Man, it was always motherfuckers would say shit and you'd be like, damn. All fans got to do is say that's what I call a quandary, and you're like, damn, that's a hard line. I heard a hard line one time. This whole fucking episode, bro, except well the nigga shit you.
Speaker 3: Want one line that was funny.
Speaker 5: One line. Everything else is just like, Bro, this feels like a stereotypical not even an HBO show. This feels like a stereotypical Netflix show at this point.
Speaker 1: Damn, you didn't feel like that to me.
Speaker 3: I liked him.
Speaker 5: I did like him.
Speaker 2: I said, I like him. I know it doesn't I think they could do something cooler with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the potential, it's like, Bro, I'm just I don't know, man, I'm tired of If you're gonna give us a black pimp, make him an interesting black pimp.
Speaker 3: I think he will be thought. You were working for that, just working for that crush.
Speaker 1: I think the interesting person over there is the bodyguard. Dude. I thought that he's gonna be the interesting person. He's gonna have a much bigger role. I feel like they would just allude to too much of the things he said. I think he's gonna end up being an interesting person out of that clip.
Speaker 3: Dope man, Yeah, the quiet guy.
Speaker 1: He was like yeah, when he was talking about the poker hand, he was like, yeah, look that's what they caught.
Speaker 6: Seventeen percent point seventeen percent chance, right exactly.
Speaker 3: No, they're gonna do more with him. He's dope, man, He's really dope. Wow.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to tell y'all. I wish I saw it the way y'all see it. But this was a This was disappointing for me.
Speaker 6: You know what did it for me, man, was Rue. Rue is just a mess. She going there, the guy said, don't touch anything. We know she's not going to listen, and she see the girl she's she's looking around and he comes around looking for it.
Speaker 1: She's on the dean answer.
Speaker 5: First, I don't blame her at all.
Speaker 1: He was like my party right, right.
Speaker 11: Was like, hey, hey, Luke, she signed up that night, right, it's my dream job, my dream God brought me here.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's another I'm looking at Buddy sideways like he should know RUI is not. You could tell in that discussion, wru is not the one to hire. All she's gonna do is talk everybody in there. She gave you know, well that too, But that's I think he didn't like he did.
Speaker 14: He also thinks I think he also did oh sorry, no, no, no, go ahead, Rod, There's a there's a lot I think he I think he also didn't like the fact that she did all that to her while she was in high school, because he made that a point like he was in high school.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what he Yeah, I think he wants to kind of protect her, like that's fucked up because.
Speaker 1: He's already Yeah, why do the gun scene then? Why do the gun scene with the apple right here?
Speaker 3: I think that was just a test. I think he knows he's a good shot, But I think that was just a test that are you shot?
Speaker 2: He got done smoking a fat blunt.
Speaker 5: Right and he was drinking and just because he got an apple.
Speaker 3: You don't have a gold play the gun and not know how to shoot that motherfucker. You don't have a good looks in your drawl.
Speaker 1: He was in his draw.
Speaker 5: He so you didn't catch any of this the biblical imagery.
Speaker 1: With this, even the apple green.
Speaker 5: Remember y'all noticed the snake at the beginning of the episode when she was driving out. There was a snake right when she entered in. And then he's put the apple on. I don't know what the fucking means, but it clearly is not by accident.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's boots too, and he.
Speaker 5: Has snake skin boots or yeah, or a snake thing at the at the tip of the toe. There's gotta be something and and and this also kind of adds to why I think this is a little cheesy. It's like, now, y'all that though.
Speaker 3: You you kept up on it, but I didn't pick up on that. I don't think it's wait saying it is.
Speaker 5: Now that I'm saying what is what?
Speaker 3: Now that you're pointing it out, it is obvious, But I don't think it's that on the nose as you're making it scene. Maybe for you you saw it, so for you, yeah, but for me, I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: You should have seen it. You ain't going to church enohing bro I'm not everything. Okay, maybe I might have been reaching them. Maybe that's not what they.
Speaker 1: Were going for, but what they were going I don't think you're saying it like I didn't think as I was white. But the snake's on the boot the apple. I'm assuming the rule is eve and did he's the snake that made her eat the apple and gonna go down this road throughout the season. She should never hit the apple, right, Yeah, that's a that's a really good coll because I didn't think that when I was watching it, But now that you say that, it makes a lot of sense. Bishop said Rod he believes he's a good shot.
Speaker 6: But Bishop don't believe he's a good shot because he said I was stay very very still, don't move yep. So I think he's seen this ship before and it didn't work out.
Speaker 3: People died.
Speaker 5: Thanks for people moved.
Speaker 3: Because he is a good shot.
Speaker 2: It's like, look, long as you don't move, he's gonna hit that apple.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know what it's like.
Speaker 5: You all remember you all remember when FIFA was like real late at night, I'll be driving my car real fast down the down the highway and as long as if nobody moves, I won't hit him and everything will be fine.
Speaker 2: Like that a lot. That's me in tears. He was like, I could.
Speaker 5: I could go down the air state one hundred miles an hour, and if there's an accident, it's because somebody else moved.
Speaker 2: I have an all point at doubt.
Speaker 5: So you have maybe maybe Ken and roder right, the motherfucker moved. That's all moved.
Speaker 2: I will say this though Ken, I thought this was the point he was gonna bring up with rude slash and da Zendia is and I can't really explain it, but she's a megastar.
Speaker 3: And she's on.
Speaker 2: She's having probably one of the.
Speaker 4: Best years an actor period could have because she's she started off the year with the drama, which is most talked about movie.
Speaker 2: The first quarters.
Speaker 4: She's got Spider Man coming out, billion dollar movie right there, She's gonna be in Doom three billion dollar movie right there. And then I think she's u oh, yeah, she's gonna be in the Odyssey Christ billion dollar while it was like she's in all this shit and she's doing this show in the middle like and then like, and I bring that up because to Ken's point, she hopped right back into this real character, like it was nothing, Like it was just a nice jacket that she used to wear back in high school that she could still fit. But you know, you already know once you leave high school them busies don't be don't at the same time, so the fact that the fact that they can just slip into this character that easily, I'm like, this motherfucker is on old. And that's why I'm saying, like it has to get better, because, like you get, like the comment that she's on right now, she cannot have committed to doing the whole season.
Speaker 2: Of this show and not be at least good, if not great.
Speaker 5: I think she would because I feel like she probably think she owes this show to her to her faith, because this show did kind of propel her to the top of everybody's mind as far as amazing actors, and then she just showed improved after that. I think that's my opinion. So I'm hoping you're right, Nick, because I do think a lot of people are shitting on this because I saw.
Speaker 2: Some of the reasons that people.
Speaker 5: Are saying the season sucks, and I don't really agree with that, but I think they all don't like him. Sam Levinson, Yes, they don't think that's say again, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think and they're they're interpreting and I'm not saying they're wrong. I don't know, but they're interpreting everything that's happening in the show as well. This sexual thing is happening because he's a creep. Well, this misogynistic thing is happening because he's a creep. Oh well, this racist thing that is happening that they're interpreting as racist, it's because he's a creep. I don't know if all of that is true or not, because I definitely saw people on Twitter being like, oh, everybody should go check his.
Speaker 2: Hard drive like he's a PDF.
Speaker 5: And I don't know, I don't know if that. I don't I'm not really seeing that. Again, not saying anybody's wrong, I'm just not personally seeing it. So I'm hoping you're right, Nick, that it's gonna get better. But this episode it was fine. It was just fine. But I think that the things, the soul that made Euphoria so fucking different and unique, it didn't show up in this episode.
Speaker 4: And maybe that was intentional. Maybe this is a paleque cleansing to be like all that stuff that you huh at the end. Well, I'm just saying like this whole episode was just like what we used to do that that was then, this is now, Like, yeah, this is where we're at now. And the only other thing that I realized that's different also is the music, because they could do that used to be doing it with Labyrinth he was he cuts everybody out. Yeah, it was like the fuck. He was like, I'm willing to work for somebody, but I still want to be treated with respect. Fun he said me and HBO is still cool, but fuck everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't know that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The music so far, like, especially in the first episode, I was really trying to pay attention, like what's the music sound like?
Speaker 2: They really give us that mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Dude, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 5: I didn't even notice the music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it used to be And that's the thing I didn't think about it. You city, it used to be noticeable, like it used to be able to play the perfect You'd be like, man, that was a great song to play right there.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's why it's rivaling Insecure.
Speaker 1: It is like I think Insecure is up there too as far as playing great music and great situations. It was like up there with Insecure. It just I didn't even notice it. Now.
Speaker 3: I think that scene in.
Speaker 4: Season two when Cal dancing in that bar to that song whatever it was, that song was fire.
Speaker 5: I had. I did this as.
Speaker 4: H so that I was like, this episode is like, I don't even know. I haven't really heard anything that stood out. But again, maybe Pala cleanser things could get better at music side, but I know that he's not a part of this production, so I'm interested in seeing how that impacts the show.
Speaker 5: I'm not giving up on the show yet, man, I I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: It's too early.
Speaker 3: It's too early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, way too early?
Speaker 3: Get better?
Speaker 1: What do you say? Way too early? Okay?
Speaker 5: I would have thought that.
Speaker 2: They would have dropped two episodes to start this.
Speaker 1: They should have, but HBO don't get down like that though I know I know what they got, like they never giving you more than one, but that would have been a.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, if the episode as a whole was bad, I would say I get it. I just think elements were missing that bothered me. I don't think I think the episode as a whole was bad. It was a reintroduction. It was like Rod and Ken said, it was a setup episode. It did what it was neat what it needed to do. I just don't know that I am anticipating what comes after the setup, especially if it's told in the way that they told the setup. It can't be the same writers and it cannot be the same cinematographer. It just can't.
Speaker 1: I think I'm all in once it ended.
Speaker 6: He shot the apple and just how she reacted and the way they kind of stretched it out, like she just kept going on and on and on. Like, I'm right now all in on Ruth and the mess that she's going to get in and out of because she just can't help it.
Speaker 1: She is a walking disaster and I just want to see what happens with with her.
Speaker 6: Because when she was talking to him, I'm like, man, why are you saying all this, this, that and the other because it's not gonna go well And it didn't.
Speaker 1: But her reaction, everything that she was doing from in the dancing and the party, I'm like.
Speaker 6: To your point, nick I was, I was like, man, then they has come a long way in terms of acting, just the way she was doing her stuff and she was all in.
Speaker 1: So I said, I'm I'm here.
Speaker 6: For what they give us and how they get us to the conclusion of this series, and then hopefully it lands and we can move on and let them go off and do the superstardom, because it's a lot of guys that will come off the show. Jacob Laurie, whatever his name is, Sidney Sweeney's, and Deya sh The thick girl was just in the show. I don't know if she comes back, just in the movie.
Speaker 4: She was.
Speaker 1: She was in Faces of Death.
Speaker 4: Was not.
Speaker 1: What's the one here now, right, y'all about?
Speaker 2: It was like Barbie something, Okay, you had something to say, tongue.
Speaker 5: And I ain't gotta say, man, leave her alone, leave her alone?
Speaker 1: Like I like her. I like her, Mike, I ain't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't bad.
Speaker 5: It just wasn't appropriate.
Speaker 1: I like this episode eight Okay, cool, Yeah, I think that's right. The good pocket for them. I'm i'm i'm, i'm, I'm I'm interested in to see what comes of the rest of the season. This wasn't again, This wasn't a terrible episode. It just took some getting used to. Once I got used to it. I was entertained. Still, I want to see where it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, my wise like like, yeah, man, I think it's way too early to judge it harshly. Like I said, I think this was an episode of introductions and re establishing so and I think they did a pretty decent job at that for such for a show that's so high regarded, you know what I mean, Like like they got they got a lot of you know, big shoes to feel when it comes to this, Like people expectations of the shows are very high. So yeah, I'm just curious to see where they go with it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And I'm with Ken, like I like Ruins the heart of this show, and I think as long as as long as she's doing her thing, I think the rest of the pieces can kind of kind of follow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's I like, I like what Euphoria does. By the end of it, I still felt like Euphooria's doing what Euphoria does, which is uh talk about the social commentary of young adults, teenagers, teenagers going into young adulthood.
Speaker 15: Like so I like that commentary personally. So yeah, all right, well we'll see where's jus.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 3: A sugar baby where she at didn't show. Yeah, she left the show.
Speaker 5: I thought that was and who says, you know, I thought comments left. Yeah, sister left.
Speaker 1: That's why they in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I think that was interesting. I thought that was interesting. I meant to say that that, yeah, wasn't in the first episode, that that's a that's a bold move. Well, I mean, yeah, Jewles wasn't in the first episode. That's a bold move.
Speaker 5: I wonder she only signed on for a certain number of episodes, Like I wonder she was like, I'll give you all motherfucker's three.
Speaker 4: They maybe, but I do remember seeing that this first episode was from Ruth's perspective mainly, and I think the whole season is gonna we're gonna switch from main people's perspective. So Jewels may just get her whole episode where it's just focused on what she got.
Speaker 1: Going on doing all that.
Speaker 3: Now before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got Maddie and LEXI why why we didn't get Jewels?
Speaker 3: Some crazy stuff with Jewels right now, I feel like they got some crazy stuff going on with.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think we like what in the world.
Speaker 5: And we're wrong.
Speaker 1: I think that's why they hold it out on bringing her in because when they bring her in, it's gonna be like, oh ship, yeah, yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I think that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be here for that.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Those are our thoughts on Those are our thoughts on this episode of Before You. Please let us know what you guys think. That PS podcast is the Ready thread. That's also our handle for IG and Twitter, and we'll catch you on the next week's episode.
Speaker 1: Be Out peace, Peace,